Mage

Jan 18, 2017 PvP Mage Macros- Suggestions add your own. I'm interested in sharing what I've got so far, and what else is out there. Not everything I have is originally mine, but most of it I've created myself. Keep in mind I made my mage a few months ago and haven't played much arcane. Original macros have been edited, mostly my own where I've seen the error of my ways, and some have been combined with ideas posted by other players. All credits will be listed. Since this is a thread I created please don't be upset if you post a macro and it is not reflected in the list. Chances are I either somehow missed it or I just don't believe its beneficial, or carries too much risk. Enjoy Pet Macros - Player attacks, Pet attacks player's target,pet defensive ... - Cast Frost bolt, Pet attack player target (on harm), No harm cast Arcane Brilliance ... - Super Polymorph Macro -Lanceløt contribution ... - Pet Freeze, just adds ! to any target area ability ... Miscellaneous Macros! - Makes food while holding shift, consumes food if not ... - Uses Flying Mount if possible, if not uses ground mount. Holding shift uses slowfall ... - Target any of a list of players macro, was useful for tol barad dailies(lower down gives priority) ... - Flame Orb (using cool orb icon, since normal looks like garbage) ... - Rocket Belt (using rocket boot icon from drop-down choice) ... Trinket, Damage, And Utility Macros - Deep Freeze Focus ... - Deep Freeze harm, Arcane explosion vs no harm(stealth) ...- Fire Blast vs harm, molten armor if not(fire spec) ... - Fireblast vs harm, Mage armor if not(other spec) ... - Fire blast Focus (impact) ... - Scorch vs harm, Arcane brilliance if no harm, cancel iceblock ... - Ice barrier has priority over mana shield (will force second mana shield at times) ... - Ring of frost ! ... - Stopcasting->iceblock ... - Cancel iceblock, ice lance ... - Spell steal, cancel aura ... - Damage Cooldowns (no time warp) ... - Damage Cooldowns (time warp) ... - Damage Cooldowns, (Combustion) ... Other User Submitted macros - Counterspell Focus (can't believe I forgot to add this) -Lanceløt ... - Spellsteal focus -Lanceløt ...Mosez188 Jan 18, 2017
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Mages: Please Read! Welcome to the Mage forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the mage class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
7h Am i the only one who still loves mages? Frost for life btw. All I see is people complaining. (Forums I know I'm not new here) but I just don't agree. I do decent enough in pve. Not the glass canon I was hoping for but I keep up. Pvp I do fine so long as I pick my battles correctly. I also am just fine using my utility to help the group rather then just blowing people up. Slowing FCs dressing melee to peel off healers throwing out counters and spell stealing shields. Picking off low hp guys with my heavy burst. I don't run slot of arena but when I do I struggle and stopped bothering with 2s entirely. But in rbgs. (Again super casual so I'm not like glad level) I do good enough that I don't really have complaints. I do wish I could handle dks and wars a little better. As frost I feel like I should have enough utility to at least keep them off me. Not that I want to be able to even kill them 1v1 but at least be able to slow and freeze them enough I can stay alive long enough for help to arrive. Idk maybe I'm just not a baby and have seen the dynamics of class balance enough that I can be patient and wait for mages to make a come back. I mean as frost for 10 years I have been the bottom, the top, the middle. I have seen every class and every spec have it's glory days and it's useless days. However I'm still content and I still log into my mage and have plenty of fun playing.Smõke23 7h
7h Arcane Mage PvP Displacement Dispell Why the hell can this be dispelled? As if mages weren't weak enough with their god-awful useless 200k barriers at maxlevel pvp. We're the lowest of the low of casters atm, so why the hell can this even be dispelled? It completely destroys you and there's nothing you can do about it! SO unfair!. It's not like you can dispel a warlock's soul link, so OR PORTAL?? So why blizzard? Why??Arithim0 7h
8h Rate that Mage Mog 2 Last thread capped ( https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752671756?page=26 ) so I'll pick up where it was left off. @ Calence Love the robe, crown and staff combo. Very elegant. However, I think it would look better without the belt and with shoes that match. 7/10Julia469 8h
8h Rune of power Will the wow gods finally remove this god forsaken spell that has plagued the mage for so many years now ? The single worst thing introduced to this class. Even if only only 1 spec uses it at this moment, that’s 1 way too many.Tigy47 8h
8h Blizzard. One mage question if you dare... I know money is the name of the game and you would rather sell knick-knacks and dolls and mounts etc. But lets talk about the game for a minute. Mages have terrible representation, the worst since Arena introduction. The Mage forums are full of complaints about how bad the mage class is. Can you shed some light on what you intend to do about it , if anything? Or are you happy with the mage state of being? Its literally been almost a year since any kind of feedback, response anything from Blizzard to the Mage community. Surely you can spare a little bit of time to respond to your customers right? Blizzard, cant you at least say "Mages are fine and we like where they are at" or "we see the rankings, frustrations and their popularity drop, we are looking into it"?? Anything....are you alive, Blizzard? Do you even care?Meatballzz9 8h
9h Arcane Artifact Challenge Is it possible to do it without healing legendaries? I've done it on assassination/demo/enhance without any problems whatsoever. But I'm aware arcane has unique difficulties with it. My mage is 936 with Cord of Infinity and the Shard of the Exodar, 71 points in weapon.Aretir4 9h
12h Solo leveling is TORTURE Is Mage meant to be able complete these 110 quests? There is often not enough room to kite without running into 15 mobs, and if I can’t kite, do I just have to accept dying over and over again?Gutb28 12h
12h Crit cap + ACI How does Acrid Catalyst Injector interact with the crit cap? Do I still need to aim for 33.34% crit with that trinket on?Teelo1 12h
13h Lower Parses, LF Some Help Thanks for viewing. Before I start, let me say that I've tried my best to improve my parsing/dps on my own (although I just recently was informed of this forum). Some of what I'm going to ask may be covered on the forum elsewhere. If it is, please link it and I'll read it. I would read the entire forum and search keywords if I had time... but I work a M-F day job and have a family at home, so time is something in short supply for me. I enjoy the frost spec since I started my mage in Wrath, although I played a little arcane before quitting just before Cata dropped. I came back to WoW last August and have been working pretty much on my own to improve the best I can since then. Ok, now that I have went over those facts, here's some links for logs and such and will be asking specific questions related to these numbers: Armory Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/silvermoon/ignane WCL Parses: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/silvermoon/ignane Recent guild WCL: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4pqbBj9cN1vKr8RT Heroic Kin Wowanalyzer: https://wowanalyzer.com/report/4pqbBj9cN1vKr8RT/7-Heroic+Kin%27garoth+-+Kill+%287:04%29/6-Ignane Heroic Var Wowanalyzer: https://wowanalyzer.com/report/4pqbBj9cN1vKr8RT/15-Heroic+Varimathras+-+Kill+%284:43%29/6-Ignane I can pull more logs at request, if it will help explain things I could improve on. So, let me get down to what I need help with. Obviously, I need to work on things like pre-potions (still working on figuring out how to track these, maybe a WA setup?... I always tend to forget the potion.). I almost always get the issues with not extending thermal void to that 40 second mark they recommend (I normally hover between 32-36 seconds). Is there anything I can do to help with that? I try to only cast icy veins if I have frozen orb available, but never seem to get to that 40 second mark. I nearly always forget to TW, although sometimes we lust very late in the game and I'm not able to benefit from the 2nd TW. Is there a WA I could add that would remind me to TW after I'm afflicted by exhaustion (after we lust once?)... obviously I want to try to have icy veins and frozen orb up when I do it, but that may not always be possible. I have a lot of gear available to me in the event some other legendary may be more beneficial in those situations... I'm having issues understanding when to use which legendary based solely off guides (like from wowhead or icyveins). I sim higher (raidbots/high move sim/weekly patchwerk) with the head leggo than I do with the bracers, although the numbers are close. In real world, I seem to pull more damage with the head piece. I'm up for suggestions and would be glad to run some different setups. I have all 6 pieces of T21 gear available to me, nearly all heroic items, so there's plenty of combinations to work with. I spec into Shimmer as I find it beneficial for moving around, but I think sometimes I may be missing out not being able to cast on the move (frostbolt) when I have no procs available and I'm throwing ice lances without shatter. I tried to work Ice Floes into my rotation, but I find it difficult to remember to cast it before starting to move... I normally messed up the cast by moving before casting, so it kind of made the talent useless. Is it something worth working on, or should I be doing something else while on the move? I'm always trying to improve my playstyle, and based off of WCL parses I should have a lot of room to make improvements. On average, I'm 500k DPS less than what I should be if I was at the top of the chart. I want to do everything I can to get as close to that mark as possible... and I think I've about hit my limit with what I can achieve on my own without some guidance. I only have so many hours in a day to read and watch videos hoping to learn that one extra thing to make my DPS better. If you might feel like helping out, and maybe aren't comfortable explaining on the forums, please reach out to me privately. Here's my contact info: Battle.net: GrumpyGamer#11838 Discord: GrumpyGamer#8110 Again, thank you for taking the time to read this, and any input you have I will take and try to implement. Some things work, some don't... I just hope there's something big (or little) I'm missing that's going to make a world of difference to me.Ignane2 13h
16h To say Mage needs work is an understatement I decided sometime around the beginning of Legion that I was going to make my mage my main because I was thinking about getting more involved in raids. Not only was it way more of a struggle that pretty much all my other characters to level up to 110, it turns out that it is not rewarding in the least. Mark of Aluneth hits for like 2 mill if I'm lucky? I've only seen a four charge Arcane Blast crit for 4 mill maybe twice. A paladin just one-shotted me in Darkbrul Arena for over 6 mill with a single Judgment! I had my Prismatic Shield up and then, out of nowhere, I was dead. My health alone is almost 6 mill and my shield was up so do the math. My item level is 947 so its nothing to really scoff at, and my artifact weapon is level 80. I feel dirty from the way Blizzard has treated mages. Did I mention no one even wants mages in their raid group? To play a mage is to basically do so out of nostalgia for when they were actually viable.Highmonster19 16h
16h No clue what they're doing with arcane? NEW: "Arcane Explosion Causes an explosion of magic around the caster, dealing [ 60% of Spell Power ] Arcane damage to all enemies within 10 yards. OLD:Damage increased by 60% per Arcane Charge. Mana cost increased by 100% per Arcane Charge. Generates 1 Arcane Charge if any targets are hit. Mage - Arcane Spec. 12% of Base Mana. Instant." So Blizz... is arcane just done as a spec for you? Been playing it about 10 years but now it seems like it's going to be mediocre ST AND mediocre aoe in BFA. Should we all just assume you want mage to be a 2 spec class? Because this is pre-Legion arcane minus prismatic crystal meaning we're no longer viable in mythic plus or on any boss with adds. I realize it's early, but we mentioned how bad the spec was in Legion Alpha and Beta and it remained a disaster until Nighthold when it upgraded to "meh."Tempestwinds48 16h
16h Frosted Donuts for conjured food Who agrees we need frosted donuts as conjured food, I think it'd be pretty cool.Doozycooch5 16h
20h Question for Frost Mages Hey Frosties, Question for ya: When you're in the middle of a TV burn and get a double proc of brain freeze, do you prioritize the icicle cast over the subsequent frost bolt cast (to take advantage of the T21 bonus) or is there enough time for both? I haven't checked the T21 bonus .... how long after a brain freeze proc do we get to get the bonus 20% to our frost bolt? I assume this doesn't stack.Aedrid1 20h
1d Which race should I pick for mage Thinking about preordering BFA and using the 110 boost on a mage. Either I would be a Draenei or Lightforged Draenei because pretty much I only like the Draenei race so which one should I pick for mage?Azuremi10 1d
1d Hot to use Shard of the Exodar So I was lucky enough to have the Shard of the Exodar drop but I was wondering how I'm supposed to get the best use of it. I'm guessing the best use is to let others use their hero first and then use yours afterwards. Resulting in being able to use 3 TW's per fight (someone elses on pull, yours immediately afterwards and one more when TW comes of cd if the fight extends 5 minutes) But what do you do when you are the only one with timewarp in the raid and the raid needs to save hero for phase three in fights like guldan? I can't see any way to make use of it so I'm guessing its best to swap the legendary out for a different one in those instances. Another general question I had was do you try to stack icy viens and hero or use them back to back?Matalïn17 1d
1d Mage Tier Appearance Thoughts Hey all, been maining a Mage for a (very long) while and wanted to share my thoughts on my favorite and least favorite Mage tier armors and see what everybody else thought. My top favorite of all time is probably the mythic Siege of Orgrimmar armor. The gold and the blue just complement the mage so well, and I've always loved the idea of Mages being able to mess with time -- even if Blizzard removed Alter Time, which was like one of my favorite spells. After that, it would've been the blue recolor of the Ulduar gear (with a tunic instead of a robe). I loved the colors for that set and I love the idea of playing a battlemage in more armor than robes. But, my favorite battlemage set has changed to the normal Antorus set. It looks arcane-y and just fits the idea of a very powerful Mage, who may either be travelling or on the front lines. I don't have a least favorite tier. If I did, it'd probably be something from Cataclysm or earlier, just because they aren't as detailed as later sets. That being said, I didn't really care for the Nighthold armor. I thought the colors were off, and even though I liked the mythic recolor, I don't like the fel green on the shoulders. I'm a Mage, not a Warlock, you know? What are your opinions?Ahkenatan10 1d
2d 3 weeks, no iL 900. Monk just got iL1000:( Damn what luck.. Ive got nothing but 870 for 3 weeks, almost 4, now. Monk, prestige 1, just got iL1000 ring drop. What damn luck I got a 870 Tunic!!! WOOOWHOOOOO....!!!!Meatballzz11 2d
2d New Mage. Basic questions. I'm totally new and not sure about the mechanics of mage. I did read through Icy Veins but there were some really basic information I couldn't find. First my ilvl is 914. I have 33% crit, 25% haste and 53% mastery. My dps is around 600k and I feel like I should be doing a bit better than that. I read in another thread on this forum that I should open with Ebon bolt, then icy veins, flurry, ice lance, orb then regular rotation which starts with frost bolt and then dump procs. 1. I'm just not sure what spell to cast during which proc. 2. Is there an addon that can audibly let me know when something procs? When should blizzard be used? Before ebon bolt? Is two targets not enough to use blizzard on? I talked to someone that said I should open with blizzard to increase my dps even on one target. Much confusion. Any help would be very appreciated!Nichari12 2d
2d Need help to improve my DPS I've been trying to take dps'ing abit more seriously with my frost mage rather than just being a healer. I've looked up the rotations and the guides on what to do. A problem I've had is that when I see other dps, it feels like they're getting their procs off all the time. I'm usually one to not want to burn off my CD's on trash mobs (mythic + I'll be more liberal with my CD use). But Once I use these CD's, my dps just goes down from 1.5M to 500k cause frozen orb and ebonbolt are on CD. I know that frostbolt has a chance to proc fingers of frost or brainfreeze, but I never get these procs so I end up becoming like a vanilla wow mage in MC spamming frostbolt cause fingers of frost or brainfreeze never pop up for me. Is there something I'm missing? It really does feel like every dps out there is just able to burst and keep it that way for long periods of time and then there's me, who seems to never get these kinds of moments.Jezminda4 2d
2d Ebonbolt is GONE in BFA *places face in palms of my hands* No, not like this... why, almighty Gods, why? Any Frost Mage knew Ebonbolt was like a shy girlfriend at first, but soon then became a significant part of our lives. We would wake up every morning to it, proccing us some nice Flurries for breakfast along with a hefty glass of DPS spell burst into a nice flowing chain. And now, it's just gone like the wind from Mr. Blizzard. No one can replace my true love, Ebonbolt. My opener will never be the same without it... /cry No spell is currently in place of Ebonbolt, but since BFA is in alpha, anything is subject to change... But, I'm always skeptical about what Blizzard tweaks in classes, especially Mages. Like it or not, Ebonbolt was a good spell to have for Flurry proc's, as well as extra juicy damage and by God, an extra spell to use. What might you think will happen?Ópium25 2d
2d Frost Mage T21 Just started playing a frosty mage after about playing exclusively healer since cata. Loving it so far, having some troubles understanding what gear to go for. I know the stat weighs and am aiming for mostly haste/vers now that I hit the 30% crit mark. Just wondering how good the T21 bonus is, and how many ilvls an item is worth dropping to equip the 2/4 pc. ATM I am wearing a 940 leg piece over the LFR 915 tier leg piece (they have same stats), but i lose out on the 2 set bonus for wearing it. Not sure what is worth. Thanks guys. EDIT: For anyone first reading this I sorted out the gear using sims thanks to Hasylla's help and further down it has just sort of turned into me asking some other questions I have about frost, so if you can I'd love the help (Posting from my mage FaultyWizard now)Faultypally15 2d
2d Arcane new animations and sounds are terribad Arcane did not need to be changed like this. The old cast sound was awesome and arcane missles were the coolest looking spell in the game. Maybe give it a slight enhancement but you guys at blizz made it look aweful. What's with your obsession with bending spells? Change it all back.Blunta27 2d
2d Frost Mage - DPS Help Hello. I'm having a problem with my DPS and I'm not sure what to do, my status is good I think ..(958ilvl) 33% Critical 27% Haste 51% Mastery 23% Versa I have the legendary ring, I own the Vision of Aman'thul (Yup), but I do not have the legendery bracer (yet) Basically I'm starting my rotation with Ebonbolt (on pull)> Flurry> Ice Lance. Then I start the Frostbolt sequence, use Flurry when it's usable (with a Frostbolt before, to get Chain Reaction) (Followed by Ice lance) I use Ice Lance when I have 3 loads ( with 3 loads of Chain Reaction) Today I did Garothi mythical with my guild, I finished the fight with 1.3M (We did it, yayy !!) (some wipes I stayed with 1M, 1.1M, 1.2M) (u guys can check my gear) So .. what am I doing wrong? Any tips? And sorry for the bad English, not my main language :PHyörinmaru4 2d
2d My friend told me that only nerds play mages. Real men fight with their hands.Vegemil9 2d
2d hit 110 2days ago Anyone feel like looking at my spec and gear. I havnt played reg for years. But now I'm back. And I feel lost. Thanks in advanceGoof6 2d
2d Rate the Mage name above you On a scale of 1-10!Ember58 2d
2d Frozen Orb? When was this changed to a targeted location spell? Last I recall, it launched forward from your location. Am I playing too much Overwatch?Leny1 2d
3d Champion of Legionfall for Mage Hello just wondering if there is a bug for this quest or something. I have completed this on 2 other classes with NP - but with my Mage here, I accepted it, return to my class hall and nothing is there for me to "Recruit" or no quests at all. I have unlocked my 3rd relic, and went ahead and completed "Three is a lucky number" just to be safe if that was holding me back Now the only quest available for me there is for my Fire Artifact weapon. I'm not really too hyped about getting my class mount, but this is just irritating me lately. Only quest i have in my log is Champions of Legionfall (Recruit) I go and talk to Aethus Sunstrider or w/e his name, and he doesn't do anything I've abandoned, re-accepted this countless times. Still stuck Any info would be great, Thanks, i've tried like everything and searchedSubmerged15 3d
3d PvPability There is a bit to unpack here; also note that I have no interest in balancing 2v2 or 3v3 tl;dr Give mages the ability to stand in the fire for a bit and for balance, take away some of the seemingly frustrating movement abilities that melee complain about. Main point of contention from melee, they can not keep mages in melee range causing frustration. Main point of contention from mage is that they get locked down and are destroyed consistently, causing frustration. So let the melee's hit, but also let the Mages withstand some of it. It seems to me there are two realities in pvp and have been for some time. There is all the other classes, then there is mage. In pvp all the classes can withstand a short beatdown due to abilities or natural defense/dmg reduction while still controlling their character and/or maintaining the ability to still do damage. Italicized for emphasis. Enter the mage which has zero ability to withstand a short beat down and contains zero significant defensive measure that allow him to move while defended, let alone attack. So the major difference between all the other classes and mage is the ability to withstand a bit of pressure to some degree while also maintaining some damage. Consider a melee that is slowed, has you slowed, and is in melee range. Advantage melee all day because they can use all their abilities with impunity, despite the cc. Consider a hunter that is near death popping their shell and running off to their team. Consider a warlock who can actually stand in the fire to little or no ill effect! So the reasoning by Blizzard for mages seems to be that since they have poly (magic based cc that heals the target and wipes any dots off them...) blink (which is greatly diminished the second you get a snare on you), which still required the addition of displacement and now we even have a racial with similar function. These are considered our defense and while positioning can be important, movement really shouldn't be when considering the amount of snares available to many different classes, some ranged some not. I simply propose that mages gain a measure of beefiness so that they can stand in the fire, satisfying at least a base measure of pleasure by melees for still being able to hit them and allowing the mage a more similar fundamental game play experience as the rest of the classes. This can easily be handled by addressing current defensive mechanics as well as by adding a barrier type spell. Maybe have this spell function similar to flowing thoughts where it ebbs and flows from fire, to frost, to arcane, to shadow, to chaos, to physical, to lightning... you get the idea, and for those 1-2 seconds you are immune to that damage type. If anyone has played Chrono Trigger this is a similar idea to the boss fight against Magus where he would cast a spell and simultaneously be immune to that damage type until he casted another type of spell, then gaining the immunity of that damage type. The final thing I would suggest being addressed are physical based snares that have seemingly no way of being removed. Magical snares have all kinds of abilities that can nullify them but I have yet to find a physical snare removal ability (admittedly I have not looked very hard) but experiencing pvp on my Vengeance Demon Hunter I realized something between Cleansed by Flames and Reverse Magic, they don't work on a warriors snare and it is the only type of snare that I have to wait out. This could simply be a function of the DH focusing on countering magic, but I can't ever recall Mages having the ability to remove any type of snare let alone the physical based ones that melees use to lock them down.Diomèdes10 3d
3d Best leveling spec? Anyone level a mage recently? What spec and talents made it less painful?Sílentpaw4 3d
3d Fix Mage! We are the rogues of casters. We are a dps glass canon theme and yet out dps is terribly low. I know many will say we can cc but !@#$ by the time I get sheep off I'm silenced or it bounces off them like I never used it. We have no real heals, our one pet is useless, we have no awesome abilities like hunters or locks. We can't keep distance with every day melee moving faster than us with gap closers. We get stun after stun and our dps is pathetic. Am I undergeared...yup, but isn't randoms supposed to compensate stats? I'm actually a pretty good fire mage but we are just so weak. Fix us blizz!!!Nîhîlus16 3d
3d what mage ability is this saw this in a 7.3.5 video, after blink the mage becomes transparent for a little bit. is this how blink looks now or is it a glyph or something?Erindia2 3d
3d What is a good class to boost? I currently have a hunter, paladin, and demon hunter at 110. I have 102 monk, 56 rogue, and a 60 druid. So what class other than these should I boost?Shakeit10 3d
4d Fire mage BUFFED to an overall NERF! lmao Blizz is sneaky, for sure! Fire mage- Overall damage increased 3% Mage class- Mage Intellect Template reduced 3% LMAO.... I swear its like Blizz is totally pissed off at anything mage...! WOWOWOW!Meatballzz7 4d
4d Mage in bfa / upcoming changes Things i would like to suggest to the dev team. (As baseline spells) Enemy spells: Would like to see mages being able to change the effect of a spell being cast or casted on the ground for example to something beneficial to self or pve and pvp team. Your counter spell changes the spell being cast to something else, your spell-steal adds an effect to your shield and next attack. Slow time effect on self you can catch both melee charge and melee running also spell bolts and arrow bolts etc (see Diablo 3's Slow time ability) Mages having more resilience in terms of being lock down when your element spell is down by pet / counter spell. More illusion spells such as mirror image to confuse / trick players in pvp.Mazren0 4d
4d What are your thoughts on the sound effects? For all the specs spells and what not? Personally I feel like they use to sound better I'm not a huge fan of the new sounds.Timeforged6 4d
4d Shimmer INTERRUPT castings ALL THE TIME I am suffering a huge problem when i play mage. Shimmer is described as "castable while casting". BUT, every time i cast and then use shimmer, it always interrupt my channel. For example, when i am casting a blizzard, when the channel goes to half, i use shimmer, the casting will be interrupted. This is so annoying for a PVP player, especially when we have to choose only one from moving cast and double blinks. This is not a common problems, some mages have some not; btw, i didnt learn anything from the mage trainer. I hope i didn't confuse anyone. I am really asking for help for this "bug", i have spent a lot of time on my character and i dont want to give it up. because the most ridicules thing is you never know will ur next mage character be all right or not!!!! Please someone help me, I hope this article can be read by the wow technical team. GUYS, NEED UR VIEWS AND COMMENTS.Stolensheep16 4d
4d Arcane Linguist is still outdated. This has probably been brought up before, but Horde mages with Arcane Linguist still cannot understand Shalassian (Nightborne language). This isn't a game-breaking bug, but for those of us on an RP realm it can be a little frustrating. Do we know if this is going to be updated?Bosleone3 4d
4d Fire Mage Hidden Artifact This completely SUCKS! i have been farming for this hidden artifact for hours upon hours and NO drops =( and yes im Level 6+ Artifact Knowledge lol im so unlucky!!!!Velionx23 4d
4d New 110 Mage - Spec and Rotation options Hi Y'all. decided to use my token to get a 110lvl mage. It's been Cataclysm since I played mage and always had used Fire. So I figured I'd go fire. I hate, and I mean with a fiery passion of a thousand suns, HATE the rotation. The need to monitor stacks on abilities, the need to watch for specific procs. Just not the style of play I was used to when I played mage before, and (as my avatar indicates, Nothing even remotely like a warrior). What's the other specs like? Back when I last played, arcane was simple 3-4 button rotation, but Frost was pretty much PvP only. which of the two is likely to yield a more simplistic playstyle that requires less micromanaging? It's bad enough that the Mage is ridiculously squishy, but having to also watch procs and stacks on abilities is just not my style. I guess worst case, I wasted my 110 token, But I'd LIKE to try and stick with it.Widdlyskuddz11 4d
5d Blizzard belt question If I’m running the blizzard belt what is the protocol for singlet target usage? Do I cast an instant blizzard anytime it’s up as long as I have a buff from the belt effect or do I sit on the buff until it hits 5 stacks to blizzard? If it is at 5 stacks, do I hard cast blizzard or never do that in any situation ? Thanks in advanceNootzio2 5d
5d How are mages to compete? How? Gilneas random BG Top damage: Top 6 melee. #1 - Death Knight (Frost) Prestige 2 191,433,538 damage #7 - Mage (Fire) Prestige 4 61,874,445 I died 3 times. My uptime was 90%. I used everything in my spell book. Rarely was there a time I wasn't casting something. Using up every CD available. HOW IN HELL can a lower prestige DK out do that by 3x???????? HOW IS IT ok that my pyro averages 194k damage? HOW IS THAT OK??? IT ISNT OK!!! wht the !@#$ing hell has happened to Blizzard? Why don't they give a %^-*!@# $%^- about mages? Mages have to have gear that is 40 points higher than there opponent or its lights out..WTF BLIZZARD????Stephnrock28 5d
5d Anti-melee ideas For Frost: cone of cold could change to what i would like to call Avalanche basically its a short range spell that has a long distance effect, a series of ice columns hit the target/s in a short frontal cone arc, pushing the target/s out to long range. For Arcane you could have an ability from Diablo, which is (Slow time) basically anything inside the area of effect moves slowly, so even if you used charge or heroic leap and similar..you would still move slowly until you got to the outside edge of the area of effect. For Fire.. Perhaps fire Twister, fire moving around you in a circle etc.Mazren16 5d
5d GS vs TV Frost build I've been looking at messing around with GS for the cleave AoE fights in Antorus. it seems like it would be better for fights like Antorian High Command and cleave heavy fights. I simmed for singe target and in my current gear is about ~60K behind TV and I'm looking to see if I can close the gap for ST. Without having to spend a couple of hrs doing sims and gear swapping does anyone know if : A) Are Mag's bracers devalued by less casting of IL and would this make CmS Helm better? B) Is the tier 20 two piece devalued enough to drop it for higher ilvl gear because it is seemingly awkward line up with a GS shatter crit with the 2p. C) Is this a pointless exercise to try to make a lesser talent feel better. Thus far with my sims haste seems to be favored over haste by a bit and it actually makes mastery somewhat useful its only about ~7 dps behind Haste/Vers (vice TV which mastery is absolutely worthless)Pyrõx10 5d
5d 3.4k Mythic Plus Team LF rDps 3.4k Morning Team LF DPS: Name: Ctrl Alt Del Playtimes: Weekdays (11:00am to 2:00pm CST) We're looking for serious players who are able to be here Monday through Friday from 11:00am to 2:00pm consistently to push high keys. Consistency is what we need Mythic+ Score: Currently seeking 2.5k+ for tryouts. ilvl Requrement: Looking for 960+ Current Needs: Boomie/WW Monk/DH/Aff Lock Will consider all exceptional players. Contact: My IGN is Gamercop. My RealID is Gamercop#1941 or just message me here on Discord. Stream www.twitch.tv/gamercop81 Streaming every morning during our times: 11:00am to 2:00pm. Come watch some high level M+ runs from a tank PoV!Gamercop0 5d
5d Arcanocrystal and Arcane Spec Hi fellow mages, I recently switched back to Arcane from Fire. As the tittle suggest, I have a 910 Arcanocrystal and It was certainly useful as Fire, Idk if it does the same for Arcane, as I had been hearing a lot of stuff concerning trinkets, any help would be appreciated.Cyprinne5 5d
6d Not just a Food Vendor problems I'm having a noob problem with this quest. Ithe requires me to feed the prisoners Mana Pudding, but all my refreshmentor conjuring will give me are Buns.. How do I get the mana pooding? Do I have to go back to the cooking trainer and learn it?Shalack2 6d
6d Arcane mage t20 vs t21 When does the 2 set bonus from tomb become out ilvled with antorus set? I have all 6 pieces heroic 950+ but still using a 925 helm and 920 chest from tomb. At what point should I stop using it?Sweetteabag3 6d