Mage

Apr 22, 2013 Thoughts on frost.. specifically shatter Really don't feel like typing a memoir, but I feel that a problem with frost pvp right now is the way shatter is designed in mop. I don't know much about pve, but from what I've heard frost is also the best spec in that area of the game, so we can assume that getting frost viable into pve is partially why the spec has changed so much. Compare the cata shatter to the mop shatter... mop -- Doubles the critical strike chance of all your spells against targets plus an additional 50%. cata -- Multiplies the critical stirke chance of all your spells against frozen targets by 3. and increases the damage done by Frostbolt against frozen targets by 20%. The issue I see with the current shatter seems pretty obvious; mages crit on every finger proc, every nova shatter, every deep shatter, every everything... mages always crit. The problem with this is(for pvp at least), is that crit is actually the worst stat for us, we don't reforge, gem, or even think about it. There's so much crit thrown in that one spell that there's no thought at all with this stat. I don't think there's another class in this game that can basically completely disregard a stat, yet it's their most powerful. I'm just ranting, but the kind of damage mages are doing right now should never happen.. it's preposterous what is available while it being so easy to dish out. I'm not calling for nerfs on damage, and i'm not complaining, I just miss how mages used to be one of the most respected classes with the highest skill cap in the game.Smoovie15 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Mage 5.2 PVE raiding survey Hey guys, Now that 5.2 is here, there is a lot of angst and worry happening in the mage forum. For me to be able to go to the community managers with mage problems, I need data. I've done this type of thing before when I was raiding on a druid, but now that I'm raiding as a frost mage, I have a great deal invested in mages being viable now. To be able to take data to the community managers & developers, I need actual World of Log data from your raids. Specifically, it would be helpful if you filled out the answers to the following questions and posted it here: Part 1: Show me the numbers: 1) What is your current 5.2 specialization? 2) What type of content have you run in 5.2 (5-mans, solo, LFR, 10-normal, 25-normal, etc)? 3) Link(s) to 5.2 raid logs on your mage (even LFR logs are useful): 4) Did you change specializations for 5.2? If you changed specs for 5.2, what spec were you before? 5) Is your ilevel generally around the same range as your other raid members from the logs you posted? If not, are you over-geared or under-geared compared to the other members of your raid? Part 2: How are you feeling about your mage? 6) What is your average ilevel? 7) What quality of life problems are you seeing with your current specialization? 8) If you changed specializations, why did you change? 9) Overall, how do you feel about your current spec's movement damage? 10) Overall, how do you feel about your current spec's stand-still damage? 11) Overall, how do you feel about your current spec's utility in raids? 12) If you could change one thing to improve your current spec, what would it be? UPDATE: as mages from EU start raiding, you can post your answers/logs on the EU forum post that someone cross-posted: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6787179757#1Lissanna190 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 favorite pve mage bomb? after dusting off my mage after some time i find myself switching alot between frost bomb and NT for pve. wondering which mage bomb you all like for pve?Döntfeedme12 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Night Elf Mages I haven't seen many online or in forums. Where you guys at?Flamingballs12 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 deep freeze/cone of cold for pve? for raiding are these useful spells or am I safe not keybinding them? deep freeze cone of cold Fire Blast as a frost mage are these vital for pve?Sixis4 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Ring of Frost bugged? Anyone else have weird bugs when trying to cast ring of frost? It seems like ~75% of the time it starts casting fine, but then sometimes it just randomly starts casting (so the ring appears on the ground) then it immediately stops as soon as the cast bar comes up. I'm not moving at all, just standing stationary...Hoffer4 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Is glyph of Water Elemental really worth it? I currently have it glyphed and wonder if I should replace it with Evocation glyph instead. I know the WE glyph increases size (hate this) and health (no biggie to me) but what else does it do that make it worth it? Also, with respect to the Water Elemental in general, I assume you set it to assist, I also case WE Freeze on adds to gain IV procs Are there any other tips one can offer to maximize this pet? Thank YouTrekie18 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 How do you change your armory pose? Because I think I changed it a while ago and now it's apparently stuck...Omru1 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Sharing Some PvP tips! Hey guys! I'm only an 86 mage, but I have a lot of pvp experience under my belt. Unfortunately mostly just randomly BG's ^_^. I know I'm not a high rated player or anything like that but I am a good Mage. I thought I'd share just a few tips that some mages don't know, and I'm sure I'll say things that some of you already do. 1.) Even if you're fire or arcane, keep frost fire bolt on your action bar! Reason being, SO many times I have spellstolen Brain Freeze procs off of enemy frost mages. Definitely nice to lookout for :) 2.) I always apply as many buffs as I can even if useless. For example I run around a bg with slow fall on quite often. Reason being, when people are trying to dispel you.. They have a chance of dispelling a useless slow fall rather than one of your important buffs. 3.) Polymorph dismount. Widely known, it's just one of my favorites :) 4.) When using frost bomb, always try and freeze your target with nova, pet nova, ring of frost, deep freeze etc. at the very last second before it goes off so you get that huge crit and they don't have time to escape the root. 5.) Use the ice block glyph. When surrounded by enemies while in an ice block. Once it breaks you'll have a few seconds immune to all attacks to use your invisibility spell without it breaking :) Just a few things I thought I'd talk about. Thanks for listening! And if you wanna share your tips PLEASE DO! :) Oh and P.S.. Use Polymorph more for goodness sakes. In BG's I rarely see poly being used.Cozmose3 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 top pve mage spec current content. anyone able to give me the run down on whats the top mage spec atm? ive heard its frost, but i would need to clarify this, also if so, can anyone give me the run down on how the spec works rotation wise? and core abilities?Hellock40 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Pvp question for frost mages It seems like I'm doing something wrong here. I see other frost mages in bgs with worse gear than me doing 50-80k crits. I'm doing 30-40k, tops. Is it my reforge? I have a pretty good idea what to do, but I cant seem to burst people barely at all. For example, if I frost nova someone, then frost bomb them,toss a frozen orb and then use my ice lance/frostfire bolt when they proc, all of that together will make the other player lose about 20-30% of their health. I do more than that on my other 90s, but mages are supposed to do some serious burst, so I don't understand what it is that's wrong. If any knowledgeable frost mages could give me their two cents on what seems to be the issue, it would be much appreciated.Serialchillr22 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Incanter's Ward I'm finding IW to be somewhat unwieldy in pvp. Right now I am normally using it right before an engagement or just before I'm about to burst. This seems to be working ok, but I can't tell if I just need practice timing it/getting used to using it or if I'm doing it wrong. My question is in pvp is this the best way to use it(dropping it just before burst or big engagement) or is there some other way in particular I should be using it that I'm just not thinking about? Thanks in advance for all responses.Ankalagon3 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Water elemental dies and dies and dies in bg. Title and also: Today at the alliance war master place, we got attacked by a horde frost mage. She frozenorb-ed, I iceblocked. And my poor WE died on me, again. Just in case: Yes my gear is terrible.Aou4 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Frost Orb on Maegara Please. Send. Help. It. Derps. Out. So. Hard.Serawyn24 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Need some help with Fire arena So i've pretty much played fire since i leveled this toon in cata and while it's an awesome spec in BGs but arena it seems almost impossible to do much in arena. I view myself as above the average player in most cases, i'm normally top KB and damage in bgs, use full keybinds, focus targets and i don't scorch spam. But in arena it just seems to never work. I either get CCed whenever i'm about to get a hotstreak losing the heating up proc, purged the very instant i get a hotstreak and have trouble with team mates putting stun on DR. It's rather annoying and a little offputting when i struggle against teams with 1400mmr. So if you could help me with these questions. What's the best way to get a hotstreak cause i'm quite often CCed the second i leave LoS or what should i be doing when i vs a team that does that While i often use trashbuffs to protect my pyroblast what are some other ways to make sure i can protect my hotstreak. What are some good ways of killing people without a full DF? Also how do i force a healers dispel without using DF? thxs in advanceSuntimehappy0 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Roll mage for pvp 5.2? Since I don't like pvp on my hunter, I was going to roll a frost mage for pvp in 5.2. Now reading the forums, a lot of people saying frost mages will suck after the patch goes live. Should I still roll mage, or choose a different class?Weaver27 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Fire / Frost (DPS Between Specs) So I'm flipping back and forth between specs trying to figure out if I have enough gear/stats to backup fire since it is what I like to raid as, have, ever since BC. The problem is, even at my current ilvl, it seems that it's way behind frost at the moment. I'll list my stats in each one and see if you, the mage community can help me come up with a theory as to why my numbers on fire are so far behind. These stats are self buffed, no flask or food. Just what I can cast on myself and the stats from my current gear. This is just a 60 second interval with invocation up. I did 2 test LFR's as well for a mock raid environment, 1 in each spec. 200k sustained on Stone Guard as fire, 237k sustained as frost. The numbers below are just the 60 seconds on target dummies, as you can see though frost more than doubles the fire and this was on a single target dummy. I've always been the top mage in my guild and right now there is one arcane mage that is close to me in damage. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to improve myself. Fire Stats: (Roughly 5.5 Million damage with warp/mirrors/pot) ====================================== Talent Points: 2-3-3-2-2-1 ====================================== Spell Power: 28,516 Haste: 14.28% Hit: 14.99% Crit: 43.52% Mastery: 13.57% ====================================== Glyph of Combustion Glyph of Inferno Blast Glyph of Evocation ====================================== Frost Stats: (Roughly 12 Million damage with warp/mirrors/pot) ====================================== Talent Points: 2-3-1-2-3-1 ====================================== Spell Power: 30,180 Haste: 28.36% Hit: 14.74 Crit: 29.75 Mastery: 19.32 ====================================== Glyph of Ice lance Glyph of Icy Veins Glyph of Water Elemental ====================================== Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm looking at haste, I know that it's relevant, just not sure when I should go for more haste over crit, if ever. Currently my fireballs are 1.9 second casts the ignites still seem pitiful though. Edit: I think I'll try this in a guild raid environment as well, just to see where I fair. There was no shadow priest in this LFR, so I may or may not have had the 5% haste. Would still love to hear some feedback though.Negishi15 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Show me your Transmog sets, need some ideas:D I'm getting bored of mine, which was fairly simple to get, although getting locked out of BC dungeons was a pain, i still love it but need some ideas!Xnaga60 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Couple fire questions Haven't played fire since 4.3 (didn't play at all between the end of Cata and 5.2...so yeah) and there's a couple things I'm rusty on. 1. Berserking (troll racial). Do most troll mages macro this with Combustion (before Combust in the macro of course)? Was using it separate but decided to macro it with Combustion tonight since I usually hold onto till right before I'm about to combust, or would it be better to use it a bit before combust to try and squeeze in an extra fireball in the 4s ignite window? 2. Getting the hang of optimizing Combustion again. When I first started playing fire again I did the PoM + AT trick to get the back to back to back to back pyros. What I didn't realize at first was you can actually proc a third pyro before you hit AT again (especially if you go into it with a heating up already in the wings), so I'm more on the ball with that. While I do find situations where I hit combust right after I lost a big ignite (e.g. ignite's at 100k and right when I hit combust it drops to like 70k. Yes I use a stopcasting macro for Combustion), I also find situations where I seem to hit Combustion too soon. I'll hit it when I have a nice looking ignite only to get an even bigger ignite a second later. I don't really know how to account for this since it's mostly luck it seems. I could have just as easily not crit with my next fireball or pyro and my ignite wouldn't have changed much (or in some cases gone down). Could be I haven't played the spec long enough at this gear level to know how big my ignites generally get. As I said last I played fire was 4.3 and up till a few days ago I was frost. Also, how do you deal with situations where you just don't get a big ignite from PoM + AT? Sometimes you just get unlucky with crits on those pyros (it happens, that's fire right?). Usually I just hit combust anyway even if I only have an ignite of ~25k because I figure that was my best shot at hitting the jackpot and if I hold onto it I'll just be sitting on it for way too long. 3. AoE. Not sure how best to approach AoE (mainly on trash, but also on some bosses like Horridon and Tortos). Kind of sad how bad fire got gutted in this regard, but you gotta roll with the punches. The main problem I have is how best to spread dots. Usually I just throw out a fireball and immediately inferno blast to at least get some kinda dot rolling and follow that up with FS. Still feels kinda weak. For 5-mans I swap out Combustion glyph for CoC (will probably start doing this for trash/add fights too in raids where adds die fast and combustion spreading is prevalent). The main thing I'm unsure of is when to spread. Do I spread immediately? Do I wait for heating up like I normally do on single target? That doesn't feel good cause if I'm just unlucky with crits by the time I spread it's not really worth it. One thing I read on icy-veins was to lead off with a pyro, hardcasted if necessary, and immediately spread that since it'll put a decent ignite as well as the pyro dot. Whew. That was longer than I originally estimated. Thanks for sticking with it and answering any of the questions. I'm actually surprised how well fire is doing for me despite how sloppy and unrefined I feel with it sometimes, as well as being a tad undergeared according to some people. Got lucky with a few crit pieces out of normal ToT this week and so far it hasn't been too bad. Main thing I like about fire is you actually care a lot about your main stat. As frost you like haste but when you got a piece of gear with haste it was just "meh, it's an upgrade, cool." With fire when you get a piece with crit you're like "MMMMMMM OMG SO GOOD".Kuizeeni7 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 dismount then cast freeze is there a macro i can use that will dismount me if i try to cast freeze while mounted?Skeleter2 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Mage Bomb Macro Just a note... putting "/cast mage bomb" accounts for any mage bomb talent. This way you don't have to redo any macro you may be combining with it upon changing talents.Dumbleditz6 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 So pyroblast in the PTR... http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/ ... I don't see how the buff to critical mass will save pyroblast after this nerf, maybe I'm missing something? Am I the only one that thinks this is yet another nerf that wasn't needed specially since Pyroblast has been already nerfed?Midare6 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Pyroblast In PTR 5.3 Just why Hi, i'm a somewhat geared Fire Mage in PvP Possibly in 5.3 Pyroblast is getting a nerf, Didn't understand why. These are the following notes for Fire in the PTR Critical Mass now gives a 1.3 damage multiplier, up from 1.2. Pyroblast had a 10% damage and SP scaling reduction. I feel Pyroblast shouldn't even have a 10% damage reduction, so this means our damages is going to be down to a near 70k crit or a bit higher even with shatter/Deep Freeze target.Vaerik2 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Simple macro keeps breaking I have been using this macro for about a month now, with no problems. However, in the last week, the macro keeps breaking, where it will not cast Frozen Orb at all. I have to delete the macro, remake it, and even then it doesn't work sometimes. /cast Frozen Orb /use 13 Like I said, it worked just fine for a month with no problems, and suddenly it doesn't work more than half the time. What could be going on?Zzy6 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Combustion & Flamestrike - Perceived Issues There are a couple of things I've come across as a fire mage that don't add up. 1. First, there's the matter of flamestrike having a cooldown. I like the advantage the spell has in that I can cast it and let it do its thing while I continue my rotation, but its not always that simple. With a very large group of mobs (and large-mob pulls are common in end-game MoP raids), I have to throw out flamestrike, interrupt my entire rotation, and run around using arcane explosion. If I were able to continuously reapply flamestrike (after the DoT on the ground has ended, of course), that eliminates the need to run around using arcane explosion. In other words, I can go back to my rotation. And, considering that my DPS doesn't really get anywhere without my DoT's being on the target, the sooner I can get back to my rotation, the better. 2. The entirety of fire spec DPS is built around a mage's ability to DoT targets and spread those DoT's via inferno blast. More importantly, if combustion is useable, that puts a massive DoT on my target that I then can spread to other things. I'd say that combustion is the heart of fire spec, and without the spell, you have no spec. As such, I am still trying to understand why the spell isn't useable until 77. It serves such a crucial role in a fire mage's rotation and DPS, and it is hard to get any success with fire spec until you have it. Also, the spells specific to each spec are as follows: Frost - Frostbolt Summon Water Elemental Fingers of Frost (level 24) Ice Lance (level 22) Arcane - Arcane Blast Arcane Barrage Arcane Missiles (level 24) Fire - Fireball Pyroblast Inferno Blast (level 24) Combustion (level 77) My question is, why do arcane and frost specs each receive most of the key spells for their roations by level 24, and I don't get the main DoT and, in my opinion the most vital spell, for fire spec until 77? That means, from lvl 1 to 77, I dont have the primary DoT for my spec and the primary spell for DPS. I wish I could provide more than just opinions for why these changes should be made, but unfortunately I can not. All I know is, there is a huge hole in fire spec's rotation until 77. That, combined with the cooldown on flamestrike, makes for a very uncompetitive spec when compared to frost and arcane. As of right now, I have to put up with frost spec until 77, when I can finally make use of combustion and actually have a rotation to follow. That makes for a long, and I mean Long 76 levels.Iaresquishy1 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Roseph Two: High-Level Rogue PvP [HD] Roseph One was a huge success and I've gotten a lot of constructive feedback, so I just released my second high-end Rogue PvP video. It took me a while to make it because of the advanced video editing techniques I used. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5J1H_t4hYwRoseph6 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 The tipping point. So, been running as fire since 5.0 fully understanding the spec is subpar until the gear scaling starts to happen. Just hit ilvl 507 though ilvl seems like an arbitrary target to me. More specifically my crit is at 34.58% and my spell power at 27855 when self buffed along with Crystal of Insanity and food. Are those numbers a good point for fire? I'm tired of the lower dps and if my numbers don't start to rise I 'm thinking of going frost.Majikalman12 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Ports after Faction Change? Has anyone ever faction changed their mage? I recently did mine and now none of her ports or teleport is working. I've been to the portal trainers and its showing that I already know them. Do I have to visit each place first?Viveka2 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 DPS on Tortos Is terrible. I'm frost - and I respec frost orb for the fight. I drop it on CD on the bats and pet freeze bats off CD to get my FoF procs but I just can't get my dps above BARELY 100k. I know I need to be fire for the mobility on this fight but I don't have the crit thresh-hold. Do you guys have issues?Serawyn29 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Rogues. How do I kill them? I run away, shrunken tossed to death, get close, stun lock and 5 spotted.Amorlothus1 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Best Race What is the best race for a horde mage other then a Goblin(have to many already)?Necroskitter9 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Isle of thunder Started doing this place just to grind rep, for the beautiful looking dinosaur mount. Now I'm loving the dailies and the small world bosses and the wpvp. How many of you are grinding rep? How far along are you? im just over halfway through honored... And who has good strats or tips for the bounty runs? the solo instance thing with all the loot chests, did it once today and did awfully. got really cruddy loot too. Has anyone gone through to the 2nd room or beyond?Jkspiritlink6 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 MHPI Hey MHPI, I'd like to chat with you in game to ask some frost mage questions, if you wouldn't mind sparing a few minutes, or possibly talking in voice chat. I can create a character on your server to chat. If you're willing, when is the best time to catch up with you. Thanks. VorloxVorlox2 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Need pointers about travel time for Fire Hi y'all, This is the 1st time I'm playing fire and I'm hoping to get some advice on the playstyle. I've been following the guide from Vykina(?) from Method and it seems to be working well. My issue is that I'm finding it irritating that I sometimes have to wait for my fireball/pyros to hit to decide what my next move should be. If I'm impatient, almost always I'd waste a heating up proc or something. I read somewhere that we should always try to do something after each cast, like NT or evo, but I don't always have to do it after I cast. Do you guys have any issues with having to wait for travel time to check for crits? How do you guys deal with this? Thanks!Smores8 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Mage motivation I'm trying to figure out a class to mainly pvp with and pve some on the side. My mage is at 88, and I was wondering if anyone had reasons why they play a mage and or videos that inspired them to play them. Thanks guys.Mayet4 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Alter Time and Lust/Hero I apologize if this is in a previous thread, I tried to look around for one but have not had much experience navigating forums. I was curious to know if an issue regarding Alter Time and Lust/Hero had ever been brought up. I have noticed a few times that if I am within my 6 seconds of Alter Time and Lust/Hero is popped, when I come out I no longer benefit from Lust/Hero and still have a 10 minute Exhaustion debuff. I am not sure if this was intended, but in theory shouldn't I lose my Exhaustion when coming out of Alter Time? Again, just curious if this issue has ever been brought up, and if there are plans to implement a fix for this. The only reason I say it is.... In a perfect world, Hero is popped before I enter my 6 seconds of Alter Time. But in an environment where I have no control over when it is popped (I.E. LFR), I find myself losing out on Hero if it is popped while I am in Alter Time. I realize most people won't find this a huge deal, after all it is in LFR when it happens mostly, and it is "just LFR", but is it so wrong of me to want to maximize my damage output even in LFR?!? I apologize again if this was brought up previously. If you could direct me to a link of the thread, it would be much appreciated :D.Blizzaga13 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Teach me to Alter Time. Hey folks, just came back this month for the first time this expansion, and I'm trying to figure out the best use of Alter Time. Right now, I'm getting little more out of it than an extra Pyroblast! and using it before Combustion to beef it up a bit. Is there a better way that I'm missing?Flamethrøwer4 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 what kind of dps numbers should i pull? hi, im just very curious on your guys opinion on what kind of numbers i should be puling with my current gear. also assume im doing the correct rotation bahzyBahzy2 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Eaten alive in 2s Should I gemming towards Resillience? Yes I know my gear isn't fulll gemmed yet! any tips advice on pvp would be appreciated. Oh and talent help :)Vilroth10 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Can I get some pvp advice? I must be doing something wrong. Me and my brother are simply trying to cap our conquest and well we are running into a lot of horse!@#$. I'm not the best player and him even worse. I guess what I'm saying is it feels like every time the other team makes a mistake and screws up they have a get out of jail free card. Like where the hell did all these classes get these abilities that are like lay on hands? Why do melee class have so many cc breakers and gap closers. I mean I do my best to kite them around but there comes a point where it feels like there is no skillful counterplay. An example would be hunters and their zoo. Their pets have stun/cc abilities, intimidation stun, silencing shot, deflect/reflect, disengage, and a steroid. Like wat. How exactly are a good portion of hunters bad? Idk. I know I'm probably bad, I know this games pvp is god awful. I guess I'm just ranting if anyone else shares my frustrations. Normally I perform fairly well. It just seems like this week the bull%^-* is rampant. Is blizzard's design philosophy to just throw self healing, cc breaking, gap closing, or any other forgiving spells at classes that need help?Snowshoes6 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 [Raids] Spec questions. Ok so I've come back from a bit of an absence, and read the recent patch notes/seen the recent changes. So my question is basically this: Arcane, fire, or Frost for raids and why? ----------------------------------------------------------------- Now here is my standing at the start of this: Arcane. Although there were some "nerfs" to the damage of our rotation skills recently, the charges equal that out. It seems to be the one spec I'd think for flat damage in most expansions. The only problem's I have with arcane are the charges and require a little bit more active play/management than the other specs.(irony?) Frost. Frost has one major downside, and that is the reliance on freeze mechanics. I feel like open-world PVE is great for frost, but the raid bosses aren't going to be deep-frozen or really experience any of our freezes. Can frostbolt/icelance actually keep up with the arcane/fire? Fire. It seems to be aoe/dot oriented but it was quite popular in Cata. So far I like the idea of fire in this expansion, the DoT/combination skills seem to be a lot weaker in MoP and haven't really gotten around to it. Is the single target in damage of fire enough?(the PTR notes look nice for 5.3 though).Burntwalrus3 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Ditching Sha Touched? I've got the 491 Sha Touched Staff with the 500 INT Gem. . . at what point is it worth it to me to ditch that for a ToT weapon? I got a 502 Wand drop today, but that doesn't seem enough? I do have the Eye to add an extra socket-- but I could use that on either, so I'm not sure whether I need a 502 Staff, the 502 Wand+ 502 off hand or if it really wouldn't be worth it till I can get a 522 Weapon?Alordis12 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 could use some help I mean advise! Im playing arcane right now and im hitting big numbers with it. Arcane is pretty cool but my true love is fire. I just like the play style more. I raid on weekends and I hate to see my numbers drop just because I switched to fire. Im thinking as long as I know how the fights work I will still be fine with a little lower dps. So im just looking for a little advise should I stick with arcane or play what I really enjoy? Thanx for the advise in advance!Sotihe4 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Fire Buff/nerf Fire Critical Mass now gives a 1.3 damage multiplier, up from 1.2. Pyroblast had a 10% damage and SP scaling reduction. anyone gonna switch to fire for this?Iomar6 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Anyone else miss Wrath Fire mage pvp? This is coming from a pure PvP perspective. I'm the kinda guy that watched vurtnes pre-bc and bc videos and fell in love with the play style of mages before even playing a mage. So I completely rerolled mage at the end of bc, new server, new start, everything. Before I had never key binder, only a couple of spells for convenience, with a couple spells clicked. so I was kinda excited because I planned to keybind everything for my new mage. And what followed was the most exciting leveling experience ive evever had in the game. And the most fun period. With loads of low level pvp, world bg and aarena(skirm). I had played fire and adapted to the very high risk fast paced unpredictable play style, that rewarded you if you were capable to react quick. 1.5s cast pyros and melee rng disarm. Blastwave knockback, and old combustion. I loved it when i could pvp agsinst 2 or 3 guys and come out on top with 10% health. Fire however was terrible in arena and bgs in general due to its unpredictable nature, which wss why i was so proud when i hit 2300 in season 6 in 2's. Lately however, with cata and mops revamp of all classes they addressed some of these issues with fire, completely butchering the spec I enjoyed the very most. I'm typing ony phone at work so sorry if this is a jumbled mess. But please of you'd like to discuss this further maybe ill edit when I get home lol. Fire PvP wotlk, miss it? Are the times of these great PvP mages 1v4ing people gone because of class revamp and cc etcSwiss2 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Nether Tempest better than Frost Bomb as Ice? First of all, I understand their proc chance overall are identical, the Nether Tempest (25%), and frost bomb(100%). Nether tempest should work better single target/multidot, frost bomb should work better in aoe situations. However, I feel that for frost mages in raid encounters, that nether tempest is so much easier to manage, and feels like higher proc chance than it should have, this might due to lucky RNG, but it does not give me a cluncky feeling that frost bomb has. My guild is currently working on council of elders, most of the ranked icemage on worldoflogs have nether tempest as their largest portion of damage makeup in that fight. How do they do that?Middletroll20 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Can mages solo Onyxia 10 man? Topic: Can frost, arcane and fire mages solo Onyxia 10 man? Or if so, which spec is the most likely to succeed or the easiest in difficulty? thanks for any help.Theworgen9 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Mobile Fire Mage In LFR, other than cooldowns, how many attack buttons does a Fire spec mage have to press while simultaneously moving? I ask because I suck at moving and casting at the same time.Zanjul3 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Frost & Fire Mage PVP Guides & Videos We just launched a new site that is growing in popularity. We recently featured some Mage PVP Guide videos for both Fire and Frost. You can see them at: www.EliteGamingMovies.com We wanted to get your feedback as the site, content and video are new. We developed the site with the average PVPer in mind. EGM curates the best videos we can find from the web with content ranging from guides, to RBGs, arena, and more. We review and supplement each video with info and guides for entertainment and education value. So let us know what you think in the comments of any videos or right here. We are humbly grateful for any criticism positive or negative. As a sidenote we are working on some new artwork for the background for higher resolutions.Dungflingerz0 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Are mages that tough end game right now? Basically, my mage was my main character during WOTLK and i loved him to death. Working him up now and ive just had in passing some people mention to not play one, and i try to take into consideration as many opinions as possible but i do tend to think with MMOs sometimes if even one thing is out of place people can tend to be a bit over the top. Are mages that bad end game currently or is it doable?Taliic10 Apr 18, 2013