Mage

Jan 23, 2013 ToES and H MSV Raid (Stream) Hey, figured I would drop a line to anyone who wanted to watch. Working on ToES farm then heading to H MSV for progression. It's not my PoV, its the tank's. http://www.twitch.tv/jeremydwayne Our guild is recruiting mages and other ranged DPS. http://amwow.netCremate0 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 How's fire looking for BGs/RBGs in 5.2? I played fire in Cata and loved it, though not much past trying to be a BG hero. I'm looking to get involved in PvP again, and am wondering how fire is looking for the new season. I loved the mobility and burst last time around; any chance there's still any of that? I'm trying to make sense of the patch notes and discussion, but not having played much MoP yet, it's pretty much a foreign language.Awful3 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Mage Transmog Question -- Windle Sparkshine I am looking for help for transmogging my mage into the look of the delightful and recently tragic character Windle Sparkshine (http://www.wowpedia.org/Windle_Sparkshine). The head and chest were easy but I am hoping some of you know which shoulders, cape, shoes and gloves he is wearing. If there is no exact ingame item that matches his gear, I will be happy with any suggestions that gets my mage close to his look. Note: The gear I have on is only temporary as I am waiting for a restore (dont' ask . . .). --------------- Windle In Brief ----------------------------------------------------------- Windle Sparkhine is the NPC that lights the lights at night in Dalaran. He does this at 9pm. For a few minutes after he lights the lights you can buy a copy of his wand to light some of the spots he "missed." Some (including my daughter) immediately identify Windle's job with Dumbledore using his Deluminator in the Harry Potter Series. When you get the achievement 25 Tabards, Windle send you the Tabard of the Achiever. In Tides of War, Windle's daughter, Kinndy, is Jaina Proudmoore's apprentice. Jaina assures Windle and his wife Jaxi that she will keep Kinndy safe after the Horde threatens Theramore. Kinndy is killed at Theramore. Jaina meets with Windle and Jaxi at A Hero's Welcome (Dalaran) after Kinndy's death. She accompanies Windle as he walks around Dalaran turning on the lights. The Kirin Tor allow Windle to memorialize his daughter by having her image appear above the lamp posts as he lights the lamps. More about Kinndy at http://www.wowpedia.org/Kinndy_Sparkshine.Moostachio2 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Arcane flavor? I don't understand the style of play with Arcane. Clearly if you look at the arcane spell set it heavily favors time manipulation. I think this should have been reflected in the playstyle. Could have made a great support set for pvp. I think Slow, Time Warp, Alter Time, and Temporal Shield are a good start. Oh, and that Arcane mastery is weird.Pandaclysm1 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Fun soloing tales! Post away So I'm always intrigued to hear/watch mages and their struggles when it comes to soloing old content. As mages, we do not really have an innate heal so it tends to be a race to the death. And, in some encounters, it involves tweaking our game play quite a bit to get around some of the gimmicky fights. What's the hardest thing you've soloed? What was it like and why was it difficult? I have a few stories but I'd like to hear from others first!Kinoki15 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 race / combos for a mage horde i want to make a mage i cant decide what do pick as with the race. i dont only want it to be good for pvp but how they look in gear and casting animations? soo best horde race/class combos for a mage!? horde!Lideious7 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 What spec/90 talent do you use for dailies? I just hit 90, and have been playing Arcane so I went with Rune of Power as my talent. I'm already sick of placing it everytime I want to fight. What do you guys do for dailies/running around the world etc?Elessia6 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 To Be Arcane or Not To Be Arcane? I've been lurking around forums and I can't seem to find a definitive answer on this. Currently, I am main-spec Arcane and have been ever since they did the nerf on Combustion; before that, I was main-spec Fire. I have also played a bit of off-spec Frost every now and then to compare the three specs against one another. Recently, hitting heroic modes have got me thinking about movement efficiency and DoT/damage up time on the bosses. For example, Heroic Lei Shi, wouldn't it be more beneficial to be Fire/Frost spec for the damage out put during [Get Away] phase? Furthermore, if the mage is soaking the damage for the debuff stacks, wouldn't it also be more beneficial for Fire/Frost due do the movement of moving in and out of the raid to drop stacks onto the boss? I have tried main-spec Arcane for this fight and have found it a little difficult to allow maximum damage output on the boss since I am doing the debuff and I feel that during [Get Away], I am putting insufficient damage since Arcane basically has to stand still to do so. I have been thinking that on fights for heavy movement, Fire/Frost might be a better choice. Such as the Sha of Fear fight, where you have to move back and forth to catch orbs and kill adds on a certain side of the platform itself. With the use of SimCraft, Frost is parsing higher than Fire but lower than Arcane. However, looking at RaidBots, Fire is (in real logs) parsing higher than Frost. Based on these factors, I am not sure what to choose sometimes. I know that most people say "play what suits you the best," or "play the highest parsing spec" but I have gotten to the point in the raiding tier where playing specs is a big part of raid composition and benefits (ex: taking Cauterize on Heroic Will of the Emperor to soak emergency sparks) or playing Frost/Fire/Arcane depending on a certain fight. So I am asking here, for some advice and for some in-put from other heroic raiding mages! TLDR; I'm having trouble choosing the correct spec for certain heroic encounters. Here is a table of what I am currently thinking, but would love some input on what specs everyone else uses for these fights! [Heroic MSV] Protectors: Arcane / Fire (Cleaves?) Feng: Single Target, Arcane Spiritbinder: Single Target, Arcane Spirit Kings: Arcane / Fire-Frost (Movement?) Elegon: Orb Management, Arcane Spirit Kings: Add Management, Arcane [Heroic HoF] Imperial V.: Arcane / Fire-Frost (Movement?) Blade Lord: Arcane / Fire (DoTs + Movement?) Garalon: Arcane / Fire (Movement?) Wind Lord: Arcane + Barrage Cleave Amber Shaper: Single Target, Arcane Empress: Single Target, Arcane [Heroic ToES] Protectors: Arcane Tsu-Long: Arcane Lei-Shi: Arcane / Fire-Frost (DoTs + Movement?) Sha of Fear: Arcane / Fire-Frost (Movement?) Sorry for the long post! I would love some valuable input and will update the chart if there's some sort of change in thought or significant point! Edit: I am using little tricks here and there to keep my 6x Arcane Charges as well (such as renewing them with Arcane Explosion or scorch weaving to preserve mana).Cutiepíe12 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 i Feel blizz is derping for pvp with mages... mages losing blanket cs means not able to kll a hpally anymore, its a !@#$% and a half to kill a good warrior now, Feral's are almost impossible to peel now, what im trying to say is blizz has messed up with the fact that those were classes we were ment to counter and now its just retarded .... there needs to be a better class ratio on what we counter and what we dont imoFluxxyx20 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Most missed Mage era/talent/spell Mine has to be Frostbite (I think was correct name) Nothing like trolling Warriors back in Vanilla/BC with chain roots :DBob33 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Anyone with 510+ item level tried Fire? Is it viable at that stage of gear level or is going arcane still a far better choice?Ashenan9 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 5.2 vs PvP?? Will 5.2 really hurt PvP??Maguito62 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 so a rogue.. shuriken tossed me to death in a duel bascially it goes like starts out garrote, shurike toss alot when garrotes over he uses cloak shuriken toss some more then when cloak is down shuriken toss some more, and then smoke bomb shuriken toss some more, and then vanish garrote shuriken toss some more, and finally cloak agian shurriken toss some mroe so thats how i lost to this t2 rogue, but tbh was there anythign else i could do? every time i tried to poly he just arcane locked me with deadly throw, and when i tried to pom sheep he just cloaked or trinketd i tried to deep freeze him but same thing he just trinkets or by the time i get enough cool downs out of him im low enough health to be one shoted any help?Babojjang6 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 lvl 89 tips for 90 transition? Are there any particular factions I need to unlock via quest lines for reputations like sons of hodir and therezane were? any advice on how to get pvp power. facing full epic 90s trying to farm bgs with no resi or pvp power sounds terrible :/Clouddead1 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Im about to create a mage. Ok so ive always thought mages were pretty cool. I love caster classes the only class besides a caster class i like is my pali. Ok im off topic but what is the best race for a mage. Im thinking gnome they have a bigger mana reserve and their midgets so when you get level 80 and are all decked out and people will be like your a midget you cant do $$$$ then you just come out then and dominate a whole team xD.Mazura6 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Noob questions from a returning mage Hi all, I'm finally leveling this character up. I've played mage since vanilla but not much since around Wotlk. I have a few questions. I mainly PvP in BGs and run fire spec for that. Should I also run fire for dungeons and LFR or is arcane better? If arcane, is there a guide for that anywhere? What happened to invis? I specced into greater invis and remember it being decent but it literally never works unless I cast it when I'm not in combat at all. In PvP or PvE even when I'm just 1v1 it basically just activates the CD with nothing else happening. Are the 5.2 nerfs going to change things much for us? I'm too out of the loop to make an informed opinion about the changes. Is our AOE damage really bad now? Mages used to be AOE kings but now it seems we are stuck with single target damage primarily. ...I think that's all for now.Hydrocort1 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Arcane Mage help!! I'm a level 85 arcane Mage and every time I go into a dungeon people tell me my dps needs to be higher. It's at 420.2. I don't know how to increase it and I really don't know much because this is my first character on wow do I know nothing. Please help me make my character better!Jhasmana8 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Why is this game failing? Because no class/spec has any identity. Because storyline now is making no sense. Actually it already didn't make any sense since late wrath and the whole cata. ..... Because it's toooo old and they are toooo old. GC should retire. I've been playing LoL. It's fun. They have 100+ different champions. Try it. And it's free. About me(you don't wanna know, skip this): Average player started since game release. WarIII fan. I loved the storyline. Enjoyed the most of the game mid-end BC and early Wrath. All max level chars for each xpac: lvl60: ne rogue, ne hunter, ud lock (account sold) lvl70: hum rogue, hum mage, belf pally lvl80: hum rogueX2, hum mage, hum priest, belf pally lvl85: hum rogue, hum mage, belf pally lvl90: hum mage Why am I writing this? Because I was bored the other day and payed another $15 and realized I can actually post now. It's so much fun compared to the actual game.Aou11 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 21, 2013 Why is our AoE damage so horrendous? Weren't we supposed to be the king of AoE at one point? I remember we were doing pretty well in the AoE department in WotLK. Yes, took us a little ramp up with two levels of FS but nothing like it is now. I feel like LB is a gimped seed of corruption. Is it true that our ability to spread it is being done away with? Honestly, if I had to waste a GCD just to spread it to two targets before...Hakuren56 Jan 21, 2013
Jan 21, 2013 Haste build, RoP or Invocation? Which level 90 talent brings more dmg out for a haste build? Ive been running RoP Haste(frost armor ofc) and been pulling 91-93k on Feng but I want to see if Invocation can boost my dmg up. If so, how would I play with Invocation? Burn down to 30% mana using every AM proc available while spamming AB and then invocation back up to full or? Keeping up 90% mana with scorch weaving? And I was wondering at what ilvl does Mastery > Haste? Should I be good now or wait till a few more upgrades? thanksEgosong6 Jan 21, 2013
Jan 21, 2013 Fire mage, why living bomb > frost bomb? pvp Frost bomb, higher damage overall, Burst. Living bomb, lower damage over all. DOT. but instant cast. Is it really better to pick living bomb over frost bomb?Marìo7 Jan 21, 2013
Jan 21, 2013 Help with Arcane rotation.. I haven't played as arcane for ages. Back whe it was 4 AB, AM repeat until your eyes bleed and your brain explodes. Right now I'm frost spec. It's fun and I love the AOE damage but I would like to a little better on boss fights. Apparently arcane is the way to go. However, it seems there are some new tricks and things to the rotation that I am just not aware of. I've check elitist jerks, nothing. I've searched the threads here and either missed it or couldn't find anything about the rotation. Any help anyone can give would be amazing. :) Thanks in advance!Daphnè3 Jan 21, 2013
Jan 21, 2013 I think Fire needs a Buff. At 485 ilevel on Tsulong I am only able to sustain 40k dps while everyone else who is around 490 can do 70, 80, and 90k. I don't know if its a single target issue, or the fact that this fight is just bad for my spec. And I don't wanna hear Fire is not viable cause that's entirely not true.Roxxùs19 Jan 21, 2013
Jan 21, 2013 5.2 Improved CS Removal-Why This Can't Happen With the state of the game, many casters barely even cast. Demo Locks, Resto Druids, Frost Mages, and Holy Paladins are among some of these classes. In Arenas and Battlegrounds one of a mages' most important assets is the 4 second silence of improved counterspell. With mage burst greatly nerfed after the frost bomb changes, mages NEED the 4 second silence for landing kills, stopping damage, and preventing dispells to peel. I think most high level players would agree that improved CS is a necessity to the mage class in PvP, deffiently when you consider the state of mages. Mage damage is by no means over powered, and mage burst is actually quite low compared to the past as well as compared to other classes currently. I hope that Blizzard will see this and keep improved CS for mages in the game.Tuxer16 Jan 21, 2013
Jan 21, 2013 fire viable on 5.2? pvp i see a lot of post of ppl crying about the improved counterspell remove.. wel im a new player in wow i play since cata and i play as a fire since cata (pvp and pve), well thinking about fighting with casters the 4 sec silences is not gonna be the end of the world we will be fine fighting any class, i really dont care about it, for example: crowd control as a fire 6sec poly cc 6sec ring cc 4sec dragonsbreath AOE stun (if u play fire) 4sec deepfreeze 3sec Combustion stun (fire) 6sec nova u can slow targets by 60% with cone of cold and slow targets by 50% with flamestrike as a frost u get just another extra nova from the pet, i dont know how this will be for the arcane mages in pvp, never played.. we got to many stuns, it just depends if u know how you can play your class.. video example by cartoonz (was on 5.0.4) he just miss the ring of frost there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOURDGhF6C0Iomar3 Jan 21, 2013
Jan 21, 2013 Mages in Heroic WoE So at the moment we're working on heroic Will of the Emperor (25) and one of our issues was that we just don't have the AoE to kill 8 Ragers fast enough. I'm trying to find where we could push out more DPS and I noticed that both our mages are running Frost, but should they be?Khlai3 Jan 21, 2013
Jan 21, 2013 Mage low level dungeon question. hey guys, im a noob so i dont really know everything about the game.. my question is when im doing dungeon on my fire mage, im low level at the moment when im casting my main mage spell when waiting to get a crit i usualy fire scoorch at the enemy my question is should i be using scorch or fire ball? ive been using scorch for the reason it hits more and proc more crits it seems as fireball takes a bit longer to cash there for not giving as many crits. So am i doing this right or shouldi be using fireball instead?Dillydust3 Jan 21, 2013
Jan 21, 2013 Will Blazing speed be viable after the change ...Blinkwan15 Jan 21, 2013
Jan 21, 2013 Class Choice I have my 90 Priest and alt Lock, Hunter and Mage. What one should I main? Easiest / best to use in PvP? Any help and opinions appreciated!Anticide1 Jan 21, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 End-game Fire Mage Tweaks (logs inside) Hello, I am usually the type of player that will change mage specs according to the nerf/buff system blizzard rolls out. However, in this expansion I dislike Arcane so much, that i am really trying to outplay the poor performance of fire. I have put a link to some logs below, and would like some feedback from some other raiding Fire mages on better usages of my spells, CDs, or buffs in order to push more from the spec. Im only at a 493 equipped gear level, so I know the easy answer would be "get more gear". But, if you could look through the logs and tell me some things that stand out as needing improvement, that would help. Thank you. Link to "All Kills" portion of our HoF Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i8eawc6t6n8d57vg/sum/damageDone/?enc=killsCremate7 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 need advice on Incanter's Ward i took this talent for 2 reasons (but i think i made a mistake) 1. a 6% passive boost to spell power (but it deactivates when the ability is on its CD) and 2. UP TO 30% boost to spell power when the "shield" effect ends at 8 seconds BASED ON ABSORPTION (more damage you take when shielded, the bigger SP boost up to 30%) my mistake is that i didnt read it well enough, so from what i think this talent is saying is ZERO damage absorbed, you get zero SP boost after the shield effect ends, so if by keeping this thing on its cooldown (say by macro'ing it in a castsequence reset=25 with arcane blast) i am not only missing out on the "up to" 30% SP boost but im also killing the passive 6% SP bonus as well? is this how this talent works, should i delete the macro and go back to my /cast arcane power /cast arcane blast macro and choose one of the other abilities?Aezeon8 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 come 5.2, frost or arcane for raids? so basically come 5.2.... is frost's little buff going to make it top arcane for raids? (i hope so due to arcane's BORING "rotation") and actually side note... to make fire viable-ish, what crit % should i look to get. highest i can get with my current gear is 24%, which i dont think is high enough... i'm thinking 30% ish or more?Mageyadie16 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 What is best yellow gem for an Arcane Mage? Do you think its good to go with an int+haste gem or pure int? etc? I have a friend who is starting to get gear from the lfr and is having trouble figuring out haste, int, or mastery because different websites say different things :(Chono1 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Golden lotus question (rep question) Hey guys, I have been out of the game for awhile. Just got to 90 - I was told that i need to grind golden lotus first. I have been going for about three days now - and I feel kind of stuck. I am only sitting at friendly with golden lotus - getting 110 points per quest turn in, at this rate it will take about 20(ish) days to get revered. Is this correct? So - I cant unlock other REPs for at least 20 days, at which time i imagine it will take just as long to unlock the gear i need. Basically needing about 40-60 days just to get geared so I can raid high end? I am ***hoping*** I am doing something wrong here. Any advice is great! here is my understanding of rep = I need to grind multiple to Rev or higher in order to to spend my Valor points for decent gear - this way i can raid higer end stuff. I am at 440 gear level and cannot get into crap right now haha! I am so sick of questing I am bordering on maybe shelving the game. (not a threat or a QQ - just not having much fun right now) once again, thanks for any advice!Unrated4 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Melee Classes Is it just me or does every melee class in the game need some toning down a notch? Hunters anyone?Nyrok3 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 trinket advice So I have had the worse time trying to upgrade my trinket. I am currently wearing, as you can see from my armory, an old cata trinket (ilevel 378). The thing is every trinket I have gotten so far has secondary stats on it but no int. Seeing as how valuable int is, its seems like a bad trade off to go with one of these other trinkets. For example I have one trinket, ilvel 429 with 600 ish haste and a crit proc. Am I right in holding on to this old trinket because of the innate int or does it need to go?Ichobod2 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Mage Survivability I have full Malevolent 63% res and im constantly finding myself being dropped in 3-5 seconds by any melee if they are in range. I am running glyph or armors and have molten armor on when ever im fighting a melee but it still feels like if they get a chance to touch me im dead. with the big hit to kiting we took in mop, coc freeze deleted and more gap closing abilities introduced, oh and druids being able to shift snares once again i personaly am feeling like we have little to no " defense" once our kiting options run out. Block is a good time buyer but we are stationary not doing any damage for the duration. ice barrier absorbs the damage of 2-5 white swings or dot ticks. the cold snap heal is very nice but still a medium hit from any class is enough to negate the healing from a 3 minute cooldown and alter time can be used as a damage avoiding tool ( situation permitted) I am talking from the prospective of a double dps in arena / solo pvper that im not reciving any outside healing, i know its a completly different thing to look at out class involved with a healer for backup i dont know if im just doing stuff wrong or if i have a valid point. id love some feedback from people. thanksKevincasey4 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Fire, crit and raid viability Hello fellow magi I have a few questions regarding the fire spec, particularly in PvE content. 1st let me make sure I understand the nerfs that knocked fire down. From what I gather it was a combination of nerfing combustion and the crit multiplier from critical mass, the latter being the real deal breaker. If that is correct then I have to ask, (1) what kind of crit rating would needed to be achieved to bring the spec back near viable? I know it is fairly unachievable in this tier but I am still curious. Also, regarding the term "raid viable" (2) what is considered raid viable? Specifically 10 or 25 normal is what I will likely be participating in, but if you have input on heroic levels I would be interested in knowing that too. And lastly, (3) do you think it remotely possible with the next tier of gear fire could reach raid viability again? Thanks guys/gals.Nuklear7 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 New to Frost PVE -- What am I doing wrong? Greetings, mage forum. I need some advice on Frost PVE. This mage has been my main since before the AQ gates opened back in Vanilla. I have always been a fire mage, with a few months of Frostfire when that was a better spec during early WotLK. I tried arcane in ICC for awhile but hated it and went back to fire. Fire is in my blood. Yet with recent nerfs, I was lagging way behind in DPS so I decided I needed to step up my game to help my guild. (I'm in a casual 10-man raiding guild that's progressing on Elegon and Vizier Zor'lok.) I didn't want to go arcane based on my past dislike of the spec, but frost was looking like a good compromise, in that it would do more DPS than fire these days. So far it has been somewhat of an improvement, but I'm still not seeing the kind of numbers that I'd like. Last night I was in a group with another frost mage who is somebody's undergeared alt, and we were neck-in-neck on the meters throughout our Zor'lok attempts. Considering this other mage was wearing more blues than purples, and I'm at ilvl 485, this was extremely embarrassing. I don't pretend to be an uber hardcore player by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm obviously doing something wrong. I optimized my gear using Mr Robot (still missing a couple enchants they suggested, but I'm hoping to get upgrades before I invest in the expensive versions). I follow the rotation/spell priorities suggested by the icy-veins.com guide. I use a flask and food buff, I use key bindings, and I keep my trinket, Mirror Images, Icy Veins and Frozen Orb on cooldown. I am hit-capped. I keep Nether Tempest up on the mob(s). I'm still getting used to Invocation and Alter Time so my usage of those may be a bit sub-optimal, but that shouldn't make THAT huge a difference. I keep my Water Elemental out at all times and I have his freeze macroed into my Frostbolt key, so I use it as soon as it's up. So, any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated. Is Mr. Robot leading me wrong on my reforges/gems/etc? Is there some trick to the rotation that I'm not seeing? Do I just suck? And lastly, I hear fire may be viable again at a higher gear level. What point is that? I'd like to get back to it when I can.Skarlette22 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Suggest a re-spec for this Frost mage So let me start by saying that I love Frost. But the only reason I'm deciding to change spec to either Fire or Arcane is because I am not liking the Freeze change in 5.2. It wasn't horrible at first but now they have refused to add in Water Jet and instead given us compensation by slightly (3%) increasing the proc chance of Fingers of Frost with our other spells. I don't know if that's a dps boost or a loss, and frankly I don't care because Frost will lose what I love most about it, controlled burst. Therefore I've decided to switch a spec. And it will require a lot of re-geming and reforging so I want to make sure I choose a good spec. So which would you I rather go? Arcane or Fire? I tried both in the past. I tried Arcane and was out-dpsing my Frost easily on single target, but I found the playstyle a bit boring so I went back to Frost. I was however impressed by the damage output Arcane can achieve. It was pretty anti-Frost. Frost excels at initial bursts and then sort of mellows down to a steady DPS number. Arcane I feel works the other way around by slowly building up charges but then once it has a set number of charges and other cool downs ready, it can just wreck havoc. The last time I tried Fire I wasn't pleased with the results I got at all even though I managed to hit 30% crit. But now I have quite a few pieces that give me Hit + Crit only, so my gear does seem to favor Fire over the other 2 specs because my Head, Neck, Shoulder, Waist, and second Ring all provide me with Hit + Crit. Therefore, which spec do you guys advise? Thanks!Breaktheice3 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 20, 2013 Dungeon spec So I dusted off the cobwebs off this Mage, leveled him up and have started running heroic dungeons with him. Due to time constraints I will not be running heroics so I am trying to tune my toon for heroics. In looking at the final tier if talent choices it seems to me that the third skill ( forgot the name the instant cast one not invocation) seems like a better choice since there tens to be a decent amount of aoe damage going out and fighhs are short with no communication so invocation seems an inferior choice. For anyone who runs mostly heroics like me what are your thoughts?Ichobod1 Jan 20, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Mage Vs hunter in pvp. please help me :( I'm at a loss as how to handle hunters anymore. With their deadzone long gone, and the high amount of spell pushback a hunter puts out i hardly get a cast off. most hunter vs me fights end with them at or near starting hp, and me long dead. Anyone got any tips on how to deal with the OP menace known as the hunter?Laussel5 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Help with Frost/Fire I am a frost mage who very recently dinged to 90, so my gear isn't good at all, so I will be unable to PvP for awhile. I have some questions about this class, I haven't ever had a level 90 before, and I also have only been playing for 2 months worth of a subscription... So... 1. The use of the term shatter combo confuses me, is that just using frostbolt, into ice lance on a frozen target? I feel ridiculous not knowing this seeing as i've been PvPing with this mage since he could even play BGs 2. I can't find a noteworthy description of a good Fire mage rotation anywhere really, which is upsetting because I would like to try maybe playing Fire for awhile. 3. When is a good time to Ice Block, and when is a good time to Alter Time? both of those are somewhere on my hotbar, but I see cartoonz ice blocking all the time in his videos, and he talks a lot about alter times, but i can't ever time them right. 4. This is offtopic, but I would also really like to know what someone in my position should do, I love playing battlegrounds, but I don't have great gear, but I need to play battleground to get good PvP gear... so... what do I do about that? these are all super simple questions kind of, and as much as it sucks that I have to ask them, I am factually new to this game, making me a noob, so hopefully someone can help me with this stuff a little bit, because I would really like to start killing people in bgs...Aleistercrow1 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Frostfire- or Frost- bolt? I believe i have seen both being used for mainly casted abilitys in pvp but idk what is correct and/or better for this or that situation. In short am i supposed to spam frostbolt or frostfirebolt?Rolia10 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 omg yes - Staves and polearms can be transmogrified to each other. this is probably the best thing ever who else is gonna bust out the Witch-Hunter's Harvester?Floaties18 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 New to fire Can someone give me a dumbed down fire rotation for pvp? Also, what glyphs to use.Trollmagi6 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Xiun streams! STREAM STATUS: OFFLINE Wanna see how bad I've gotten since cata? Now's the chance! http://www.twitch.tv/Xiun Currently streaming frost/ele/hpal with Dish and jk and tryingout my new computer and UI so you'll see lots of floundering for control over that. All advice and hate is encouraged.Hulley80 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Stacking haste worth it for PvP? Just recently stacked haste over everything else, and going to use frost armor for the extra 7% haste boost. Was curious what you guys thought about this, think its worth it? My 3's comp next season will be arms/frost/disc. I was thinking I could get faster CC's off and since that matters a lot in arena, I was thinking that haste would be pretty good, thoughts? My current build was mixed with pvp res/mastery and I did great as that, was just curious if haste would work out even better in arena, I'm usually not the target anyway, its normally either my disc priest or warrior. Atm I'm sitting at 24.41% haste in honor gear which is almost 1.5 sec cast on RoF and 1.37 cast on poly. I was thinking in full conquest I could have even better stats. My frost bomb is near 1.1 sec as well.Accumulate8 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Fire Mage + Nether Tempest What do you guys think about running fire spec + nether tempest for rbgs. Living bomb is good, I might be wrong, but Nether Tempest could be really usefull for dot cleave. I.e: 2 locks, 1 mage 1 boomy 1 dk 1 spriest, 3 heals 1 fc. I m not sure, but living bomb doesnt spread anymore with inferno blast. /discussÐarkann6 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 still no fix on the reflect frost bomb 'bug' :(Ghellscream0 Jan 19, 2013