Mage

Nov 5, 2012 bomb usage with 2 targets I am referring to Stone Guard specifically, but I am sure to run into more 2 target cleave situations so my question is this: Which is going to bring more dps? Do single target rotation on one with LB (glyphed to spread). or Keep NT (still glyphed) on both targets and maintain single target rotation on one. Thanks in advance!Gnomassacre1 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 so mastery or haste? ive been wondering should i keep stacking mastery for the huge frost bomb crits or stack haste for smooth game playBabojjang4 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Scrap the current 90's talents and start over Clearly the Mage community and Blizzard are not happy with them, so why not start over? I have a few ideas that may work, feel free to add your own ideas. Talent 1: Bring back Blastwave with instant Flamestrike. Talent 2: Improved Blink, increases speed for 2 secs after blink. Talent 3: Improved Blizzard, blizzard is no long channelled. Just a few ideas off the top of my head, again feel free to add constructive imput.Icystones24 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Mage leveling spec. What is it? My mage is 60ish and untouched since.. uhh.. whenever you could first hit 60ish. What gives me the most pewpew for my buck?Capucine1 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 3 second Pyro cooldown likely off the table! Yay! It looks like the devs are reconsidering the three second cooldown on Pyro. From Ghostcrawler's twitter: ...Taymage65 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Just dinged 90 (need PvP help) (Frost Mage) Well I just became level 90.. And I have had done many battleground before. I generally end up being in the top 5 of the scoreboard, but now I want to move onto arenas, and I know they are entirely different. Anyone got any cool macros or teach me any cool tricks with Frost mages?!??! XDBigchill0 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Frost bomb Nerf or Bugged I logged on to my mage today and frost bomb on frozen mobs is only critting for 30-40k and yesterday it was critting those same mobs for 120k or so. Did it get significantly nerfed or is it just bugged?Microbrewed4 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Mage 2s and 3s partner? My RL friend is a Mage, and would like to know if Spriests are the best choice to do 2's and 3's with him for this whole xpac. I know Mage/Spriest is high right now in arenas. But I am just wondering if its worth rolling a Spriest to play Mage/Spriest in 2s and 3s, not just for this season but for a long time. Do you guys think Its worth my time to reroll Spriest and play that comp or would a melee class be better in the long run?Glytch6 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Failstrike Does anyone like this spell? I was so excited for MoP when I saw the graphic upgrade for it (easy to please, I know), but geez, I really couldn't be less excited about it now. Yes, it's part of my AE rotation in PvE, but /yawn who really cares. All previous iterations of blastwave and flamestrike were interesting, useful spells in PvE and PvP (and yes, spammable flamestrike was OP in PvP, but this could've easily been fixed with a short CD)... but this is just completely meh.Wyler14 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 I want to play Fire but RNG hates me! My DPS sucks on my mage as fire - yes I know I am missing enchants, getting those today - but irregardless, I simply never get Hot Streak Procs. I've been using FFB as a filler (could change to FB maybe), and only Scorch when I am moving... And I can still go an entire boss fight without seeing Pyroblast! up at all. My gear is reforged so that I reach the hit cap, so my crit is as high as it is going to go. Should I stick with Arcane until I get luckier in LFR?Priori14 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Mage Nerfs excessive So was playing around with my mage yesterday and noticed my ice barrier only had around 35k health and frost bomb had significantly weaker damage. So this puts mages shield on par with power word shield? yet mages can have their's dispelled and are unable to heal. No biggie I can still spellsteal theirs (if your lucky to snag it).. wrong. Hit that a couple of times and you'll quickly go oom. In terms of solo questing, I found the old shield was adequate but this new one is just a complete joke. Guess i'll play be playing this toon for a bit longer.Centrix7 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Which weapon enchant is better for Fire Mage? I can create both Enchant Weapon - Elemental Force and Enchant Weapon - Windsong, does anyone know which is better for Fire spec mage? Thanks.Cyberelle10 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 ice floes issue the spell have a bug, if a cast ice floes, lets say, with a macro, and cast while stand still, when not moving, he counts like a moving spell. Fix it pls. ThanksBorali2 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Have you noticed the way evocation looks with the proc from the darkmoon card? I logged in today to get my card and was messing around with it at a target dummy when all of sudden I noticed that my evocation had this awesome animation. I personally thought it was a spell change but it wasn't ): anyway, look at it. you should just change it to be like this all the timeSodrow3 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 water Elemental's Water elemental's look lame, warlocks get new pets and druid's get new forms can mages get a glyph that changes the look of the elemental more then 1 choice would be nice 2Niru1 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Is combustion affected by haste? I have herbalism 600 on my mage and i dont know if u should use the haste buff from herbalism with my trinket+potion or just use it when im going to use combustion so combustion can have extra ticks. thanks.Saithariz3 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Frost Mages OP and Boring. In short, I have played Frost Mage and I think I know enough to determine that Frost mages are not only OP, but are so OP that it makes them boring. So I suggest weakening frost mages but making more enjoyable ablities to play with. Nerfs I suggest. Deep Freeze acts like a typical CC, breaks on one hit and lasts 5 seconds. Frost Bolt removes all snares in one hit and has a 1.5 second longer cast. All snares share DR and break on one hit. Allow the pet to only last 20 seconds on a 3 minute CD. Frost Barrier reduces your movement speed by 30% while active. Arcane Blast and Arcane Missles does 50% less damage as Frost. These changes will make the core playstyle of Frost mage fairer, as in reducing the damage done and making control more fair for other classes, so they have a chance to defeat us. Tell me what you think of these changes, I will try to think of a way to make the core style more enjoyable later.Marterai34 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 [Help] Frost PvE Priorities? Hello, just browsing forums to see what I can find on trying to play my mage as frost. I blow at mage so w/e I can do to get better at it I'm listening (reading). Any hints / tips on what and when to do X as frost? Glyphs etc. Thanks in advance! -RoxRoxell2 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 NonFrozen Frostbolt Damage I don't know if this is a problem or not but our fb damage sucks unbuffed 28k no stacks no procs and even with the 3 stacks of frostbolt debuff would maybe crit like 40kmax (nonfrozen)with trinks and lightweave. One icelance with fof hits harder and having fb a 1.9sec cast doesn't really help unless your haste or have iv(unglyphged) up. Is it just me or do they need to fix this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnbP7fGFjvUDjvanalphen11 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 words. and things... and mages.Jkspiritlink3 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 My mage doesn't have fire blast Hi people, I'm new to WoW, so I want your precious help. Today, I was changing my spec from frost to fire and noticed that I didnt have the fire blast skill. I think it's wierd. I would like to know if it's normal or not. Thanks.Vinum2 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Hard casting as frost How often do you guys find yourself hard casting frost bolt in pvp rather than CCing/using insta casts?Iceequick1 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 FIRE Worst PVE spec Ok, just want to have your opinion on what is the mage best PVE spec for raiding. I would like to avoid evident answers so please consider all 3 spec are played by skilled players. Noxxic.com website is confirming that, based on a 496 ilvl, FIRE is the worst mage PVE spec and is providing the following ranking: 1. Frost 2. Arcane 3. FireJacar21 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Noob Frost mage Pvp questions First off.. I'm a TERRIBLE mage, I use all key binds play with razor naga mouse and play my other toons well, but I was curious were the frost mage burst comes from. I hardly see frost bolts cast. It seems like mainly ice lances from fingers of frost and frost bombs. and thats about it. Can someone please give me a run down on how you all set up first and what your main spell uses are? Thanks in advanceKushlicker0 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Rune of Power Tracker? Hello, im looking for a Rune of Power tracker, could be anything really, even a similar addon i could modify the lines to get it work for ROP. Thanks to anyone having an idea ;)Kyranisa4 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Mages able to just spam pyro So I currently don't raid on this character, level 90 talents just turned me off so I switched. But a friend of mine who does raid on his mage was telling me that mages can literally just spam pyroblast and keep their dot / combustion going and he pulls around 60-70k in raid finder gear, and many mages on my server are doing the same. Is this intended? Is the pyroblast the new fireball or are things just that unbalanced?Sanil14 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 2 NOV patch notes and CD for pyro is gone... ... and I REALLY hope it stays that way. I love how fire is so bursty and chaining a few pyros with a combust can really make up for that 10 spam non crit fest you had on the last boss. For me at least. I dont really pvp but I do hope this stays. I hope they can figure our how to balance it out and not neuter fire.Armagrin8 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 too many pyros too many pyro procsVenicide4 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Mage Macro Help Cast Ice Block and cancel Ice Block with one button Macros for using potions, trinkets. Is it /use potion bla bla? /use trinket bla bla? Every single spell ability is keybound and I don't have a problem pressing those buttons, but I would like to improve a bit more with good macros that might save me or might up my dps. Yelp mePinklord1 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Adapting Mana Adept for the Burn rotation While I know that Arcane's ability to execute a burn rotation is limited in MoP compared to previous expansions, it still bothers that Mana Adept has the feeling of being at a cross purpose with Arcane Charges, boosting our conserve rotation without regard to the burn rotation. The spec would feel more coherent and fun if Mana Adept also embraced the burn rotation. One thing in mind was an Arcane version of Fingers of Frost, which would treat some of our spells as if we were at 100% mana and, perhaps, double our befenit from Mana Adept to bring something analogous to Shatter's feel of a massive damage boost. Using such an effect to boost spells when we are burning could help dealing with the feeling that Mana Adept isn't embracing only our ability to conserve mana, but also our ability to burst. Examples on where to apply this effect are Arcane Missiles (since we tend to keep them until we either have two or when at maximum Arcane Charges), during Arcane Power (an important burn cooldown) and when at max Arcane Charges. It isn't meant to fix PvP, PvE or talent issues, it is only meant to improve the feel and synergy of Arcane's two major mechanics without requiring a huge overhaul on the spec.Aowyn4 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 What's the cap for haste for fire mages? I'm trying out fire tonight and I"m in the process of reforging my gear, I know I need to hit 12.5% haste (raid haste buff included), does anyone know off the top of their head what actual number I should have my haste rating at to do this? ThanksCnasty3 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Mages Blah in MoP. It's extremely annoying to quest with mages now in comparison to other classes in MoP. More than two (which means 3+) mobs on you and high risk of dieing. Sure you can invis, but the c/d on it is stupid long. Pop your mirrors and same problem. If you frost nova, you only move away to pull more aggro on you from other mobs. The list goes on.... we are taking too much damage. - Warlocks get a big blueberry to taunt EVERYTHING off them. - My Druid can sit and handle 6 mobs on them and kill them w/o dieing. - DK's and Pally's and Warriors.... too easy. Also, why the heck can I do more dps on a melee and live 6x easier than a caster? - Priest simply cast dps and heal at the same time. - Rogues have healing return to stay alive while they slice away anything around them. - Hunters have a tank in their pet just like warlocks. - Monks.. multiple ways to heal self and stay alive easy. Mages have nothing to help stay alive!! And please don't tell me bandages can help. lol. I'm only 90 because I'm dedicated to the mage and have walked back to my body multiple times in comparison to other classes. Help!! Or balance the other classes to die easy too... I feel cheated. Suggestion: Give all talent trees on the mage an elemental that has taunt on it like the hunter and warlock have with their pets/minions.Ignitz42 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Water Elemental change to Frost Elemental? Idk about you guys but those frost elementals in Cata would be cool to have. Maybe a Glyph or that?Finley4 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Mage Transmog? I seriously cannot find a tier I really like other than s11 and the old naxx set. Any suggestions or links?Syfix15 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Frost Beam Question I was wondering if the new water elemental ability in 5.1 was replacing Freeze, or is it an additional ability?Whoamg5 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Mage in PvE I haven't been playing alot as of late, but now I have alot of time to spend. I know Mages are getting nerfed for PVP and our level 90 talent sucks (but meh), I was wondering though, how are we in PVE for dungeon and Raids? I dont think I've seen any PVE nerfs yet, I could be wrong though. PVP wise, yes I know we probably wont be seeing alot of mages in PVP for a long time :(Jshadows7 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Frost Bomb + Reflect abilities PvP issues Tonight I experienced two instances where frost bombs reflected off Hunters. The two bombs crits for 150k and 170k. Frost bombs cast by enemy mages normally crit at around 60k - 90k on me. In neither case did I have any debuffs that might have increased frost bomb damage.Jamlielle2 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 arcane pvp instant/moving casts. Should I spec into scorch or is the dps from instant ice lance comparable? I know neither are my main builder/nuke. The other 2 options (Ice Floes and Presence of Mind) don't jump out at me. Keep in mind I'm casual, and I doubt I ever do arena or an RBG. Thanks!Inveigh10 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 How are frost mages in MoP? Want to know if its worth making one or notAzazér8 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 Frostfire Bolt leveling Hi, I'm currently leveling my mage as frost and I was wondering if Frostfire Bolt was any good to use, or if I should switch back Frostbolt. I have it glyphed currently so the cast time difference is about .25 and FFB does more damage.Valkyrria8 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 PvP Weapons - Staff vs Mh/Oh Which is better? I see all the top players using Mh/Oh over Staff, but wondering if there is any difference. Preference wise I'd rather use Staff but not if it's weaker...Trymea11 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 3, 2012 When do you combust? I use magenugget, (great addon) and it gives me a nice little ignite meter, telling me what my ignite and pyro has added up too. I usually use combustion when it hits over 20k. Is that around average, or should I wait until it hits a higher mark? Just fyi I have combustion glyphed.Meliannit7 Nov 3, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Problems maintaining Invocation dmg buff I try to remember to keep it up all the time but sometimes the fights get real heavy then i keep dpsing only to realize it dropped off 2 mins ago and my dps is suffering due to it.... Does anyone know a good addon that can tell me when its about to or when it falls off Much AppreciatedDeäthwish2 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Ghost crawler is Mage Bias? First these lovely level 90 talents.. now a 3 sec CD on pyro that greatly effects PvE mechanics ( I tested it on PTR Mr. Crawler and at 20% crit mage I still get to many clashes with CD's) You want my mage you can keep it, I will go find another MMO for the next 2 years as I did in Cataclysm You need a better less lazy system of balancing PvE and PvP talents till than I am done I will wait for 6.0 and try againCraftsman17 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 PvP guild The Undesirables is looking for dedicated PvPers for RBGs we are recruiting anyone who loves to PvP. We are at a CR of 1700 looking to push to 2400 before the season ends! Requirements: Skype is a big must for our RBGs. Communication is key cant stress it enough. Don't have a horrible microphone. Know how use cool-downs effectively. Also know how to play your class -Basic Info- Alliance Guild Server: Kil'jaeden Rated Battle Ground Schedule: We want to aim for 4pm-8pm PSTÀzriel1 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 I need help I tried LFR for the first time yesterday. I admit, I'm still getting used to and learning the changes to the pve frost mage play style. I also had never done these fights before. In dungeons and questing, I've been doing quite well; great dps and damage. I did fine with the first three bosses in LFR. My dps was suffering a bit, though. I was using my first frost spec as I'm most comfortable with it. Everyone left after the first three bosses, so I left too. I then decided I wanted to try the last three bosses, so I Q'd again. I got in on the last boss Qin-xi. Seems the group had wiped many times before I came in. My lag was so bad that when I pressed a button nothing happened immediately. I would press it again. It was like these huge delays on spells after pressing the buttons. I don't know if that was the issue, L2P was the issue, or a need to reforge, change talents or glyphs was the issue. But, I need help. My DPS was awful. I mean really awful. So anyway, we wiped. I was called out as being bad DPS, and one wanted to vote kick me. The best dps then said OK, and left on my behalf. That was really nice of him. At which point I told them it wasn't necessary to vote kick if I was the sole problem, and I left. Ignoring the 3 pieces of pvp gear I have on (as I will change those out as soon as I get better pve gear to fill those slots), do you see any reforge, enchanting, or gemming problems on the rest of my gear? (I play mastery still in pvp so hate to change those 3 pieces of pvp gear). What about my two frost talent trees? (The first is what I use in pvp and am comfortable with; the second I keep changing as I just don't know.) Yes, I still am practicing and learning the second frost tree and keep changing it up. I'm still trying to learn how to play a haste frost mage. Again, I should have been putting out alot more dps in this gear. Still not sure if it was the horrible lag, L2P issues, or other issues or a combination. I haven't had these problems in heroics or anything, so not sure what's up with it. I could really use your analysis and constructive criticism and help. Thank you! Edit for spelling/typosMagdasearu11 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Looking for Fire Mage themed xmog.. First time playing Fire, and all my mog sets scream Arcane. The S12 CP gear is red, but it'll be a while before I collect it all. Any suggestions?Knann9 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Need help with this guy's dps. Hello fellow mages, bear with me as english is not my first language! This week we had some problems and a couple of <15m wipes on Elegon, of course we derped a lot of times but I'm sure you all know that numbers can't lie and are often the reason to blame. But what stood out for me is the dps of our mage, he did 60k dps on stoneguard (the WoL that I'll be linking has all the fights this week) yet on elegon he did only 63k? What is he doing wrong? I checked the uptime on touch of the titans (the ring buff) and he has 74% uptime. Here is the log: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v56hagl4vxrjemjk/sum/damageDone/?s=11299&e=11867 And if you guys have any tips for me (or anyone in the raid) please post them here, we'll be starting hardmodes soon and I believe we have too much to improve. Thanks in advance.Pearlyk4 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Int over PvP power for PvP?? I just watched Cartoonz's frost mage gemming tutorial and I'm kind of at loss. I thought PvP power was ''THE'' most powerful stat for PvP dmg. It seems he suggests to go for mastery over PvP power and for the red slots he says to go for the int gem o_O. Is this accurate for sure? I have mining/herbalism on my mage. Was thinking of dropping one for BS for the PvP power sockets but I really hate lvling BS (just did it for my 90 warrior) and if Int is better, I might as well go with JC instead to get epic reds?Neosoul15 Nov 2, 2012
Nov 2, 2012 Gems!!! I need some suggestions on good gems. I'm looking for some with good crit ratings. Any help would be greatly appreciated or any suggestions. Thanks!!!Blinkinout6 Nov 2, 2012