Website Bug Report

Oct 29, 2010 Forum Guidelines and Reminders Welcome to the Website Bug Reports forum! Please report any issues you may experience while using the new World of Warcraft community site in this forum. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 29, 2010
6d Meet Baardoch We have a goal to provide more updates, feedback, and clarity around issues that pertain to our website and forums. With that in mind, please say hello to Baardoch. Baardoch has been at Blizzard for many years, first in our Customer Support group, and now as a Program Manager on our Web team. I've personally enjoyed working with him on the new website and forums for the last few months, and I'm really glad that he's here to talk to you in this forum.Kaivax8 6d
5d Current Web Armory Profile issues Hey everyone, Since there have been a few threads on similar topics and I wanted to consolidate the discussion and acknowledge that we are aware of the issues the community is seeing. Character Levels, stats and items not updating: In Progress We have identified issues with character profiles that are preventing them from updating properly. We applied a partial fix yesterday, so some of you may begin seeing characters update once you logout. We are close to a larger solution, but I don’t have a firm ETA yet. Character images and portraits not updating: In Progress We’re currently working with the game team to figure out the root cause and implement a solution so that you can return to seeing your Character in all their Legion glory. Demon Hunter weapons not showing: In Progress We believe that we have some solutions in place as a part of the larger Character Image update, and it should roll out at the same time as the image and portrait updates. We don’t have an ETA on when exactly to share right now, but we’ll try to provide an update when we can I wanted to make sure I shared some information on the issues in the interest of ongoing transparency and I’m hoping to keep this updated as we as we go. Please continue to report items here and we’ll make sure to take a look.Baardoch122 5d
Jun 20 Static Render Domains Update Hey everyone, We’re in the process of updating the domains that are used for serving WoW render images. If you are linking directly to any render image, please make a note of this change. We encourage you to switch to these new domains as soon as possible. Here’s a few examples of this change: Avatar Image Old: http://render-api-us.worldofwarcraft.com/static-render/us/lightbringer/110/115539310-avatar.jpg New: http://render-us.worldofwarcraft.com/character/lightbringer/110/115539310-avatar.jpg Inset Image Old: http://render-api-us.worldofwarcraft.com/static-render/us/lightbringer/110/115539310-inset.jpg New: http://render-us.worldofwarcraft.com/character/lightbringer/110/115539310-inset.jpg Profile Image Old: http://render-api-us.worldofwarcraft.com/static-render/us/lightbringer/110/115539310-profilemain.jpg New: http://render-us.worldofwarcraft.com/character/lightbringer/110/115539310-main.jpg Here’s some more details about our static render: Images generated per character (see above for an example of each) We currently render three different images: An Armory profile image An Armory inset image An avatar image Renders generation Whenever a character logs out of the game, a request is automatically sent to the static renderer for a new set of website images. These requests are processed in the order they are received. During peak gaming hours it may take longer for your character images to update and appear on the community site. Black silhouettes If a character avatar is displaying as a generic silhouette, this typically means one of two things: The selected character is under level 10. The selected character may have not been recently played. Note: Until an image is rendered for Death Knights for the first time, the silhouette for that class will default to that of a human. In the case of Demon hunters, it will default to a silhouette of a night elf or blood elf, depending on the character’s faction. Our goal is to provide faster, better, more reliable services and this is just another step towards that goal. For Azeroth!Baardoch1 Jun 20
Feb 11 New Web Armory/Profiles Feature Yesterday saw the release of the updated Character Profiles/Armory feature for the WoW Community site. World of Warcraft has a set of passionate and engaged fans and we are excited to see the community discussing this newly relaunched experience. The Web Development team has been actively reviewing the feedback from you all in comments, forum posts, social media and fan sites, and we want to take a moment to say ‘thank you.’ Much like the game, the site has evolved over the years, and will continue to evolve based on the needs of the players and the ongoing development of World of Warcraft. While we can’t speak specifically to priorities of upcoming features at this time, I can assure you that we do take your feedback into consideration when we determine what new features or changes to existing features we’ll work on next. If there are specific bugs or feedback on the Web Site, we encourage you to continue to post here in the Website Feedback Forum. We also wanted to take a moment to discuss the Web Auction House. Many of the comments have stated that this feature has been removed; while this feature has historically been accessed from your profile, the Auction House still exists—we have just moved how you access it. You can find it in the Site Navigation underneath Game-> Auction House. The same requirements (level restrictions, logged in, etc.) are still in place. We apologize for any confusion that this may have caused. Thank you for your time, your honesty, and your feedback. Every Voice Matters! Lok’tar ogar, BaardochBaardoch21 Feb 11
8h Ulduar raid progression not updating I have completed Ulduar two weeks in a row for transmogs and it never updates as completed within the Armory. I have submitted tickets for this and after much back and forth with the GMs in game they are advising me this is a Blizzard web server issue with the Armory they cannot fix. I read it can take time, but its been over a week and multiple attempts at clearing it. Never is it recorded in the Armory. I have completed other dungeons and raids before and after, all of which were recorded. How can we solve this issue? Link to my Armory's PVE progress https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/thrall/yeksihw/pveYeksihw7 8h
19h Possible issue? I noticed when clicking a link on the support site, I get a strobing effect before the page launches. Can't figure out if it's a browser thing or on your end?Thundertotem0 19h
23h raid progress not working When I click on my toon and choose "raid Progess" it shows just to expansion but not the raid info . IE .. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nordrassil/shapebender/pve doesn't show the progress in each tierShapebender7 23h
2d Armory Issue - Broken Links Hello, I've noticed when loading my character's Armory Page. The character I'm posting on that some of the links are broken or not working as intended. Getting Error 500 Errors on when attempting to load: Achievement Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/area-52/xanlorash/achievements Reputation Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/area-52/xanlorash/reputation All other links on my Armory Page work as intended. Only the (2) links listed above appear to be broken or not working as intended.Xanlorash2 2d
2d Missing characters after patch 7.3.2 Greetings adventurers! We experienced an issue after patch 7.3.2 went live that was causing characters whom had logged out since the patch went live to be hidden from certain features on several online systems such as the WoW armory on worldofwarcraft.com, the WoW web API, as well as from some mobile applications. We have resolved this issue, however, any affected character will need to log in and log out of the game for the affected character to once again display in those affected systems.Maguthul24 2d
2d Oceanic Character Update Issues Resolved Greetings all, We believe that we have resolved the root cause of an issue related to characters on Oceanic realms failing to update on the World of Warcraft Community Website, as well as the WoW Community API. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues with characters updating on the website or API upon logout. Thanks!Maguthul0 2d
3d M+ run not registered in leaderboard. 17 King's rest and 19 Atal not registered. I don't know what API is but there should be log somewhere else https://gyazo.com/54190bc95ae0c855834e310691578713 https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/2e7c4a4143b200dfd1babe2eab1dd6e2-png.jpgPandaxcute3 3d
3d Forum search is atrocious It feels silly to have document this, since it's so apparently broken to anyone who uses it. The first issue is that the search function defaults to "relevance." Relevant to what? Not what you're looking for, unless you're from 2011. The second issue is searching with quotes. Before I started writing a bug report on the website, I was going to write a bug report on the quest "What We've Been Training For." It searches for each term individual and returns every post. Good like finding something relevant that way. I understand Google is there as an option...but if I'm supposed to use that, why is the search function on the site at all?Undogro1 3d
3d Will Achievements be fixed anytime soon? Hi, I know most people care about their Post History, but on a different Subject I am just wondering why me, and a whole lot of other people have their "Actual" Achievement number posted <<< under my portrait, but then if we click my armory, or someone elses, it displays like way way less, It started I would say probably 3 patches ago when something was done to Ulduar, I just remember logging in and getting some weird achievements, and that seemed to cause something to bug on our Armories Thanks if anyone has insight on what that issue could beShadowy2 3d
3d Request: pages in forum update "Threads now infinitely scroll as the “pages” system has been removed." - https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22764995 Pagination gives the user more control over navigation. You can skip to any part of a fifty page thread by simply opening the first page, clicking on the "..." in the page list and choosing which page you want to visit. To do the same thing with infinite scrolling, it is necessary to scroll to the bottom of the page twenty or thirty times and either press a "more posts" button or let JavaScript request more content automatically. This is especially important because you say you're adding the ability to embed images in posts. Under the pagination paradigm, skipping to the last post will only load a fraction of the images posted to the thread, while under infinite scrolling performance will be worse because all of the content is being loaded at once.Calaatia0 3d
4d The Armory is fixed YAY!!!! My toons have just updated after 23days :P thanks blizzard seriously i mean it! thank you so muchJamanz5 4d
4d Character Data (and Progression) Not Updating Hi, Characters on my realm (Thaurissan-Dreadmaul) don't have their armory Data updating. (When using 3rd party sites such as WowProgress or Raider.io, the raid-kill data has not been updated for over 8 days) ... Everyone in my guild also doesn't have their progression updated since then. This character is 2/8M (as evidenced by M-Taloc Gloves/Loot, doesn't have any of his Mythic kills shown in progress) https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/thaurissan/Revolvr My main character is 7/8M (Doesn't show me with a M-MOTHER kill even with her Ring/Loot equipped) https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/thaurissan/Revvel Please look into this, as not having progression data updated hampers our ability to join pick-up-groups as people tend to look for experience/achievements. Thank you.Revolvr7 4d
5d Armory not updating? Been about a week now. Its not updating my boss kills, and gear and talent changes on all of my toons that I play.Sendes6 5d
5d ARMORY I have submitted a ticket and a bug report on Armory not updating, support said Armory was a known issue so when is the fix coming? It might not seem important to everyone, but if Armory isn't working, I can't update my collection on Warcraft pets. This is something I take very seriously, mount and pet collecting is the basis of my game play. I know sometimes issues can take a while to be fixed I am only asking if anyone from Blizz might have an idea of when?Askania12 5d
5d Clicking on your profile Have you noticed that when you click on a profile that at least 50% of the time it brings up the wow main page?Johnisme1 5d
5d Armory hasn't updated It's been 3 days after transferring faction letting time go by hoping that armory would update sometime. Been difficult getting into M+ groups since nowadays people rely HEAVILY on Raider IO specifically requiring 'X' amount of score to be invited. Explaining to the party leader that I recently faction changed and Raider IO hasn't updated yet so its not showing is quite a...disturbance. Raider IO requires ARMORY to be updated for the addon to work. A fix would be appreciated. Thanks!Chalimonk0 5d
6d Guild roster in armory not updating My guild recently transferred from Saurfang to Barthilas. The roster on the armory isn't updating (been well over a week now) with who is in the guild. Currently it's only listing 7 characters when we have 50+ who have transferred and joined the guild. This is causing problems with external websites that rely on the armory for information. Any update on when this problem will be fixed? I put in a ticket and they directed me here.Gorelol0 6d
6d Amory not working as well as incompetent Hi I reported armory failing to update even after "customer service" "stated they refreshed my account" to the point told me cant help me post here. Ticket no US65772400" Hey there $%$$$$$, Game Master Nalimua here. Hope you're doing well! Very sorry to hear your character hasn't updated on the website, $$$$$$$! I know how frustrating it is to be unable to look up one of your toons, whether you're wanting to show them to a friend, demonstrate you've completed a raid for a group, or just plan out things like gear upgrades. >_< While I would love to be able to help, Customer Support isn't able to provide much in the way of assistance with the website. I've tried refreshing your account, but I can't guarantee it'll resolve the issue. I also recommend posting on the Website Bug Report forum (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1025938/) to let our Web & Mobile team know about this issue. Hope that helps! d=(^ ‿ ^)z Thanks for reaching out to us. Have an [epic] day!Jägermeïster1 6d
6d ARMOURY NOT UPDATING Any one else having this issue. Got riad prog but its not being recognised in individual toons or the guildChristiine16 6d
Nov 8 Kills in Ulduar not showing in Armory I'm trying to complete every raid on every difficulty on this character. All of my progress in every raid, classic through current is reflected on my Amory page except for Ulduar. I even have most of the Ulduar achievements, on both difficulties, and according to the armory, I've never killed a boss there...Takuma7 Nov 8
Nov 8 Old Raids Not Updating on Armory Hi, Besides the well known issue regarding the Armory not updating with (Current tier raid kills, background character image, achievements, and days since last login) I've had this issue since Legion my Ulduar isn't updating beyond 5/14 but I've completed the whole instance multiple times. Am I able to get someone to look into this or at least tell me how to fix it so I can see true updates. Thank youFinkelstein0 Nov 8
Nov 7 Mythic Plus Leaderboards Group Credit BUG Hello! This is a Blizz M+ Leaderboards BUG report. My group was smashing a few keys, and we did a 15+ WM last week (did not do WM again so it was not overridden). When we check raider IO it only registers our tank as completing the run alone..... so no one else is getting credit for completing the dungeon. I was wondering if there was a way to fix this. These 10+ points are much needed :( See link: https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season-bfa-1/runs/7507395-15-waycrest-manor It just feels real bad man to see one person get credit while it doesn't populate for the other four...… Thanks.Artifice1 Nov 7
Nov 7 new character not appearing armory. Boosted this toon with 110 last Thursday and been 120 since Saturday however it has not appeared to be on the armory yet making it hard to appear on any websites for rankings and such. I see a few people have complained about it, is it worth making a direct ticket to blizz or should I just wait? Thanks guysHolyshockz0 Nov 7
Nov 7 Official M+ Leaderboards BUG. Apparently some runs of mythic+ keystones don't register to the official Mythic Dungeon Leaderboards (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/pve/leaderboards/aegwynn/ataldazar). My group did a 18 SoB and 18 Underrot last week (Fortified, Bursting, Quaking, Infested) and then we got 17's of those very same keys which we proceeded to +1. 18 depleted into 17 +1'd for both of the keys. When we checked the leaderboards we could not find the 17's on time there but the 18's that we did not make on time were there.Yiesus2 Nov 7
Nov 7 Ulduar Completed Ulduar 11/2/18 but Armory still showing 0/14Sangqween1 Nov 7
Nov 7 Issues with Blizzard updating my character on Battle net Issues with Blizzard updating my character on Battle net for the last 2 weeks hence cant get a Raider I.O group for Mythic+. What can I do?Jägermeïster2 Nov 7
Nov 7 armory isnt updating my toons wowprogress, askmrrobot, wow armory, raidbot all say i havnt logged out for 19 days now. I cant update stuff for sims and gear/talent checking. my armory either does not load or displays incorrect image and information. I have been logging in and out daily. 19 days is a pretty long time.... its starting to frustrate meJamanz4 Nov 7
Nov 6 All 3 of my toons not updating Uldir kills On this toon I downed Fetid in N Uldir two weeks ago, then went through the "Character already exists" login issue before looting. Got mail and lockout but no credit. Not sure what happened there. Last week I downed H Uldir Taloc, Mother, Fetid, Vec on this toon. H Mother and Fetid on my lock IIRC. H Zek on my priest. All are awaiting updates. :\Whataguy0 Nov 6
Nov 6 M+ Leader boards Not Registering On Saturday night 11/03-11/04 my team and I were doing m+. We were doing m+ from 11 server-2am server on Proudmoore. When looking at the leader boards were completing m+15s and are not seeing them appear on the leader board. I reached out to GM to confirm the logs registered my m+15 freehold was completed in time yet it never showed up. GM recommended me to post it here so the QA team can resolve this issue. Thanks for the help. This I'm sure is not an isolated incident and I don't know if its because of Day Light Saving Time transition or what but the leader boards are missing many m+ runs.Diustava0 Nov 6
Nov 5 Armory page broken for this character On my character Rekhann, my armory page is broken. I had faction/server transferred some days ago. Now going to the Raid Progression option returns a 404 error. Also the character doesn't appear propertly. This is for https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/khazgoroth/RekhannBludd2 Nov 5
Nov 4 website not updating my M Uldir kills I am 5/8M. from a few days ago. I logged out many times. but website still hasn't updated. Please fix this for me technicians~Keal4 Nov 4
Nov 4 Armory bug? Delete threadSendes2 Nov 4
Nov 4 Website armoury not updating raid progression Not sure if this is correct place to put this but the raid progression for all of my guild isn't updating on the website armoury, but gear changes are. We got Heroic Zul 3 days ago, but it still shows us all as 5/8. The in game raid tab shows the kill, but the armoury will not update. I know sometimes its a little slow but within at least a day it normally updates. Has anyone else had this issue? Other guilds have updated (been keeping an eye on Wowprogress because we knew we would jump to 70 on realm after the kill, but it hasnt updated so about 4-5 other guilds have gotten him)Druishh3 Nov 4
Nov 4 [FIXED] Hi. I am having a problem with my forum avatar. Although I have been using this character on the forums for a bit now, my avatar is nevertheless appearing as what looks like the silhouette of a night elf, which I am not. Also, I notice that beneath my name displayed next to my avatar, it reads I am in a guild (which I don't believe exists anymore) and I am guildless. I'm also not level 90, rather I'm level 120, and an orc. If someone could please explain this to me, and/or direct me to where I can update this information. I would TRULY appreciate the help. This has been really bugging me for awhile now. Thank you! Sincerely and cordially, Draconem.Draconem14 Nov 4
Nov 2 Calls to arms page not working for me The page: https://calltoarms.worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ isn't letting me use it, it seems it thinks I don't have characters when I actually have 19 110s.Dartanian3 Nov 2
Nov 2 Item Restoration no search bar I used to be able to search and filter for gear to restore. Am I supposed to go through 44 pages manually now?Ssaera2 Nov 2
Nov 1 Post history not updating Dont know if I'm jumping the gun but it has my last post as 18 hours ago and I just saw a thread in GD saying others werent updating either. Edit: Seems to be resolved for me.Praetorian8 Nov 1
Oct 31 Reporting botters gets me Disconnected Im not even sure if its the botters that hacked into the Blizzard everytime I report a botter herbing in BFA . I get disconnected. Im not even sure if the report when through.Koukojii0 Oct 31
Oct 31 No forum avatar/outdated information (Note I've tried: changing my password, changing my forum character, and logging in, out and back in. Nothing so far suggested worked.) Hi. I am having a problem with my forum avatar. Although I have been using this character on the forums for a bit now, my avatar is nevertheless appearing as what looks like the silhouette of a night elf, which I am not. Also, I notice that beneath my name displayed next to my avatar, it reads I am in a guild (which I don't believe exists anymore) and I am guildless. I'm also not level 90, rather I'm level 120, and an orc. If someone could please explain this to me, and/or direct me to where I can update this information. I would TRULY appreciate the help. This has been really bugging me for awhile now. Thank you! Sincerely and cordially, Draconem.Draconem1 Oct 31
Oct 31 No forum avatar, and incorrect info. (Note: I initially posted this in customer support, but by suggestion of MVP Xanlorash, I'm posting it here. Also (this was asked there), I have faction changed in the past, but had it refunded and reversed promptly. Moreover, in the last few days I have reset my password (for unrelated reasons), which didn't refresh my account, unfortunately.) ...Draconem2 Oct 31
Oct 30 NO SEARCH FIELD — ITEM RESTORATION There used to be a search field for item restoration, now I have to manually load and scroll 299 pages. This includes items from my mount runs and all kinds of stuff. I just want to find 1 pair of azerite shoulders. I can't remember the date but I remember the name of them.Adorablexo0 Oct 30
Oct 30 [Bug] Transmog for weapon doesn't show When it's the 2nd piece of a weapon artefact, like in my case, Oathseeker, in game, the shield is transmogged just fine but in the armory still shows my Barricade of Purifying Resolve and even in game, which I just now noticed, it's impossible to transmog into the artifact from the shield slot, only from the main hand. edit : and it's still possible to transmog the shield to another shield, although the model is unaltered ingame.Abendroth1 Oct 30
Oct 29 7.3.5; Armory Displaying Char Ach Points As of today's patch to 7.3.5, the Armory no longer displays achievement point totals based on the total account-wide value visible in-game. Instead, it only shows character-specific point totals, despite showing the account-wide achievement progress; even when "Display Only Character Achievements to Others" is unchecked. https://imgur.com/zXkk7FI Here is a character that I have not logged into yet as of the patch, which is still displaying the then-correct, account-wide achievement point total (total points went down due to achievement changes, but is reflecting the in-game, account-wide total): https://imgur.com/nsy3Yew For reference, this is what it would look like if I *DID* toggle on the Display Only Character Achievements to Others. https://imgur.com/RGagJh7 The point value is still incorrect, but much closer to the intended amount. I'm guessing this is because it hides actual account-wide (blue border) achievements, but still gives my character point credit. (Also worth noting that the value from the armory is still slightly inaccurate versus the in-game total, despite me making multiple in-depth reports since the initial achievement desync bug from 5.2, but that's another problem that's probably never going to get addressed.)Orunno26 Oct 29
Oct 29 Wow.com website image errors When i load anything that is on the worldofwarcraft.com domain my screen shows big black images over the top of everything which makes the page un-readable. It looks almost like they were meant to be watermarks in the background but they are showing in the foreground. https://i.imgur.com/kykTu5T.pngMcpink1 Oct 29
Oct 27 "change character" How come does 'change character' never work properly, why even have it? I can go ten or more times chosing the character I want to write about and every time it gives me a totally different character that I choose, i.e. why bother to have this silly feature?????Avalance1 Oct 27