Website Bug Report

Oct 29, 2010 Forum Guidelines and Reminders Welcome to the Website Bug Reports forum! Please report any issues you may experience while using the new World of Warcraft community site in this forum. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 29, 2010
Aug 9 Meet Baardoch We have a goal to provide more updates, feedback, and clarity around issues that pertain to our website and forums. With that in mind, please say hello to Baardoch. Baardoch has been at Blizzard for many years, first in our Customer Support group, and now as a Program Manager on our Web team. I've personally enjoyed working with him on the new website and forums for the last few months, and I'm really glad that he's here to talk to you in this forum.Kaivax6 Aug 9
Oct 28 Current Web Armory Profile issues Hey everyone, Since there have been a few threads on similar topics and I wanted to consolidate the discussion and acknowledge that we are aware of the issues the community is seeing. Character Levels, stats and items not updating: In Progress We have identified issues with character profiles that are preventing them from updating properly. We applied a partial fix yesterday, so some of you may begin seeing characters update once you logout. We are close to a larger solution, but I don’t have a firm ETA yet. Character images and portraits not updating: In Progress We’re currently working with the game team to figure out the root cause and implement a solution so that you can return to seeing your Character in all their Legion glory. Demon Hunter weapons not showing: In Progress We believe that we have some solutions in place as a part of the larger Character Image update, and it should roll out at the same time as the image and portrait updates. We don’t have an ETA on when exactly to share right now, but we’ll try to provide an update when we can I wanted to make sure I shared some information on the issues in the interest of ongoing transparency and I’m hoping to keep this updated as we as we go. Please continue to report items here and we’ll make sure to take a look.Baardoch102 Oct 28
Aug 24 New Web Armory/Profiles Feature Yesterday saw the release of the updated Character Profiles/Armory feature for the WoW Community site. World of Warcraft has a set of passionate and engaged fans and we are excited to see the community discussing this newly relaunched experience. The Web Development team has been actively reviewing the feedback from you all in comments, forum posts, social media and fan sites, and we want to take a moment to say ‘thank you.’ Much like the game, the site has evolved over the years, and will continue to evolve based on the needs of the players and the ongoing development of World of Warcraft. While we can’t speak specifically to priorities of upcoming features at this time, I can assure you that we do take your feedback into consideration when we determine what new features or changes to existing features we’ll work on next. If there are specific bugs or feedback on the Web Site, we encourage you to continue to post here in the Website Feedback Forum. We also wanted to take a moment to discuss the Web Auction House. Many of the comments have stated that this feature has been removed; while this feature has historically been accessed from your profile, the Auction House still exists—we have just moved how you access it. You can find it in the Site Navigation underneath Game-> Auction House. The same requirements (level restrictions, logged in, etc.) are still in place. We apologize for any confusion that this may have caused. Thank you for your time, your honesty, and your feedback. Every Voice Matters! Lok’tar ogar, BaardochBaardoch19 Aug 24
Nov 15, 2016 Static Render Domains Update Hey everyone, We’re in the process of updating the domains that are used for serving WoW render images. If you are linking directly to any render image, please make a note of this change. We encourage you to switch to these new domains as soon as possible. Here’s a few examples of this change: Avatar Image Old: http://render-api-us.worldofwarcraft.com/static-render/us/lightbringer/110/115539310-avatar.jpg New: http://render-us.worldofwarcraft.com/character/lightbringer/110/115539310-avatar.jpg Inset Image Old: http://render-api-us.worldofwarcraft.com/static-render/us/lightbringer/110/115539310-inset.jpg New: http://render-us.worldofwarcraft.com/character/lightbringer/110/115539310-inset.jpg Profile Image Old: http://render-api-us.worldofwarcraft.com/static-render/us/lightbringer/110/115539310-profilemain.jpg New: http://render-us.worldofwarcraft.com/character/lightbringer/110/115539310-profilemain.jpg Here’s some more details about our static render: Images generated per character (see above for an example of each) We currently render three different images: An Armory profile image An Armory inset image An avatar image Renders generation Whenever a character logs out of the game, a request is automatically sent to the static renderer for a new set of website images. These requests are processed in the order they are received. During peak gaming hours it may take longer for your character images to update and appear on the community site. Black silhouettes If a character avatar is displaying as a generic silhouette, this typically means one of two things: The selected character is under level 10. The selected character may have not been recently played. Note: Until an image is rendered for Death Knights for the first time, the silhouette for that class will default to that of a human. In the case of Demon hunters, it will default to a silhouette of a night elf or blood elf, depending on the character’s faction. Our goal is to provide faster, better, more reliable services and this is just another step towards that goal. For Azeroth!Baardoch0 Nov 15, 2016
37m New Armory - Where are professions? I can't seem to find details on character professions, and the lists of learned and unlearned patterns, formulas, etc.Gaielle4 37m
11h Leaderboard "missed" a mythic+ keystone run Hello, Character - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/shattered-hand/nox Description/bug - Our group ran an 18+ vault of the wardens. Proceeded to two chest it and then did the 20+ maw of souls after. The 20 maw registered on the leaderboards and the 18+ vault did not. Both runs definitely were in the top 100 for the server Please advise Thank you,Dianox0 11h
22h Please improve World of Warcraft website The design of the site is great: modern and tidy. But it lacks many features and even holds some intern inconsistencies. Let me list a few things that should be added/corrected: I think we should have more gameplay information pages for topics such as professions, battlegrounds, dungeons. The old website used to cover those aspects of the game in the "Game Guide" section. Few pages still redirect us to the old website, such as the auction house one. Some pages simply have a broken link, like Vol'jin's character page. Why can't we have information about roleplay realms policy, and also some basic roleplay guide? New players don't often come to forums, and can miss this aspect of the game, specially because realms are autoselected for them.But don't get me wrong, I really like this website, specially the warcraft timeline page, it is really cool. But comparing to the old versions, I think there are many things to improve as of now.Ilthien0 22h
3d Why can't I start General Discussion Threads? I'm allowed to click New Topic, write a post, and click Create Topic, but then I'm just returned to the General Discussion forum with no record of my post ever existing. If this is a time limit issue on taking too long to write posts, that needs to be posted somewhere so people know?Pruce0 3d
3d Rating System As you're all well aware, the rating system of thumbing up or down posts was altered awhile back of removing thumbs down. Blizzard stated it was due to improper, and miss use of of the thumbs down option. The problem with this is that posts now appear to always seem positive, and any negative feed back must be displayed in text. This somewhat damages the right to display opinion. It should be keep both options or remove both. Now, I have a solution that I believe would suffice. Blizzard should consider adding emoji options to help display opinion of a post. Not only would this help eliminate too negative of feedback, but it would allow for more variety of opinion, such as happy, thinking, angry, confused, etc... Of course it should be limited to select options as i'm aware this is a forum, not a chatroom or Facebook for that matter. Let me know what you think!Dicedfox0 3d
4d Threads should auto-lock eventually Threads should auto-lock after 30 (or 60, or 90, whatever) days. Having blue trackers show a bunch of blue posts that are just "locking this old thread, please don't necro" is kind of irritating. If you're going to lock old threads anyway, why not just have it happen automatically? That'd save the mods a bunch of trouble. Amusingly, here's a thread from 2 years ago asking the same thing, that I could still post to for some reason if I wanted to: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/18300227280#post-1Mirria1 4d
6d Time Zone Incorrect on Realm Status The realm status page features all of the server time zones, but several of these are incorrect. For example, I was verifying the time zone for Ravenholdt-US and it currently says it's on Eastern time, but it's on Central time. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/status Can be replicated easily on the browser, no login required. *Accidentally posted this originally on the game bug reports, sorry!Burrewargue0 6d
6d Posts from old forums I just re-subbed. One thing that's been irritating is that if I search my posts, I see lots of posts in the list (including text from the posts), but when I click to read the thread it gets 404'd. This is for sub forums that no longer exist like tanking and damage dealing. Is there any way top actually read these old threads? If not, might I suggest removing them from search results?Goodarthas0 6d
Nov 15 Auction House not working Unable to sell through remote auction house(on a pc through web browser NOT a cell phone), page just reloads when 'create auction' is pressed, I've gone through the delete cookies / clear cache ... I've tested this on three different personal computers, running either win7 / 10. firefox / IE ... blizzard support is crap, no one has a clue, just keep getting the same bull!@#$ run around, anyone know to fix this, although I doubt its anything on my end ...Chkang4 Nov 15
Nov 14 New Server I'm not seeing any of my 5 toons on battle.net from thrall server.Rhorios5 Nov 14
Nov 13 Site kinda irritates me Idk if it's like this for anyone else But every day when i first return my computer out of "Sleep" mode (While never Logging off on the actual WoW Site the previous night) I'm always automatically logged off of the site, so I have to go back to the home page, Log back in, and sometimes it makes me do that like 2-3 times and not only that, but sometimes when I click on peoples armories while being logged in, It'll bring me to the "Blizzzard Log-in screen" which is easily fixable by just pressing back, and clicking it again. I just don't understand why i can't be permanently logged in on the WoW Site until I choose to log out. I use firefox, just wondering if anyone else has issues similar to mine because it's kinda annoying, but it is what it is.Shadow0 Nov 13
Nov 11 My icon is electric pink??? The heck do I fix it????Freatz10 Nov 11
Nov 11 Character in shadow One of my characters is just a shadow on the character page. It shows all of her items in the boxes, but her profile pic is just a shadow.Saberia6 Nov 11
Nov 10 Bladefist + Kul Tiras profile update issues As we have seen several threads and discussions recently about characters on the Bladefist and Kul Tiras realms not receiving character profile updates, we wanted to take a moment and assure you that we are aware of the issue and are investigating. We will keep you up to date and report back when we feel we have resolved the root cause. Thank you for your patience.Maguthul10 Nov 10
Nov 10 Perpetual "error" on this forum It seems like about half the time I try to post a reply in an existing thread here, I get "an error ocurred, please log out and back in and try again," or words to that effect. I log out as instructed, but when I try again, I get the same error. I just tried to post input on an existing bug and got the error five times, then gave up. I wonder how many bugs go unreported because of this...bug. ("here" refers to this entire WoW forum, not just the "Bug Report" sub-forum.)Obsidianna0 Nov 10
Nov 10 Can't view my post history Was working fine yesterday. Today I can't view my post history, it just says No results could be found. Please check your spelling or try different keywords. I tried logging out and back in multiple times, clearing cache and cookies.Legionhunter0 Nov 10
Nov 10 In Development Hello! I just logged into the Forums, and noticed that there is a 7.1.5 PTR Bug Report forum that is locked, and it wasn't there before. Am I the only one seeing this?Viconniah1 Nov 10
Nov 9 Wallpaper incorrect on BfA website On this page: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth Under the wallpaper section, the Horde Widescreen wallpaper (2560x1440) is the wrong wallpaper. When clicking on the widescreen option it brings up the Sylvanas vs Anduin wallpaper.Grayskye3 Nov 9
6d Chromie Reputation Bug I seem to have this reputation bug with Chromie. It's persisted since I reached Exalted and received the Timelord Achievement/Title/Gear. I've completed everything in this scenario, found all the treasures and unlocked all the shortcuts, but for some reason, my reputation tab says that my Rep is sitting at Honored, and not Exalted. I have the exalted achievements, but my Reputation tab says otherwise. No matter how many times I've ran through this scenario (Beating the clock), My reputation never goes up. I've tried looking for a fix, but I've only found two posts from players with the same problems, but neither have gotten a response/ any solutions. It's been months now and every once and a while I'll run the scenario again encase somethings been fixed. I just want people to be aware that it still exists in Patch 7.3Yèn2 6d
Nov 8 Cannot search website on cellphone. I usually use my cellphone to look up players on the armory as my computer has serious problems trying to anything else while I am playing wow. I have come upon this problem where I cannot type in the "search" field on the mobile website. I can open the side panel and click in the search field but as soon as my keyboard comes up the whole panel folds back in. I looked through the forum but have not seen any other comments about this issue, yet.Direfur1 Nov 8
Nov 8 Mounts Missing from Armory The Acherus Deathcharger and the Vashj'ir Seahorse are missing from my mount collection. Obviously being a death knight, I have for sure gotten the Acherus Deathcharger, and on my Paladin, I got the Vashj'ir Seahorse after questing through the zone a few months back. Of course this isn't a major issue, but I love the idea of the armory, and want it to be as accurate as possible when I look through it. Thanks.Roderik0 Nov 8
Nov 7 Armory hasn't been updated in 5 days Ever since Tuesday, my characters on the armory haven't been updated, specifically on the server Bladefist. I tried the login refresh thing by logging in and out of all my characters, but I think that is only a solution for characters that don't appear on the forum. I also tried to create this thread on the characters that are affected by this armory bug but the thread never appeared.Seramoorez19 Nov 7
Nov 7 Bladefist realm toons not updating properly Seems a lot of the characters on the Bladefist-KulTiras realms are not updating properly in the API The characters give a "character not found" type of error on both the raider.io and on the askmrrobot.com websitesFellian10 Nov 7
Nov 7 New topic disappeared I just finished writing a new post for GD and when I clicked the create topic button it brought me to a blank page. When I used my browser back button it brought me back to the forum and my post was not there. It's not in my post history either. Why did I get sent to a blank page and why did the system throw away my post?Zanderoth0 Nov 7
Nov 6 Character portrait. Hello everyone. I have a little problem with my character portrait, probably you already got noticed of it. I made a ticket ingame and the GM told me to make a post here. Well, I am not really hurry to fix this, but it has been a while since I changed my character race and the portrait is buggy. Thank you!Lezzle0 Nov 6
Nov 5 Profile not updating Is there a reason my armory profile is not updating?Kilysta6 Nov 5
Nov 5 cant log back into game we got kicked out of game and cant log back in right now.. issues with game?Ärÿa0 Nov 5
Nov 3 rp, pvp realm policy article missing Link does not exist: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/rp-and-pvp-realm-policiesCamdawel0 Nov 3
Nov 3 Armory not updated in 10 days Bladefist-Kul'Tiras I've checked characters on other realms and they update just fine but it's been 10 days since any character I've checked has been updated on this realm. It seems like an awfully long time for it to be non-functional, so maybe it slipped under the radar or something since it's a pretty small realm.Selayna6 Nov 3
Nov 3 Armory not updating Armory not updating? I try using the mobile app and any other app and it says no data available. Character not played for an extended period of time. I have full clear on Heroic Tomb and it shows 4/9 normal. I play my characters every day.Bamastrike1 Nov 3
Nov 2 Achievements not updating Hi, I recently character transferred and faction changed my character from junikeke - tichondrius to this one eternalmirz - aegwynn. However in my character achievements it's not showing completed by eternalmirz and still showing as completed by junikeke in every category that the character signed on has not completed. It's been more than two weeks and I don't know if it's going to change in the future.Eternalmirz0 Nov 2
Nov 1 Profile Icon doesn't like Discipline Staff <--- Evidence is in the pudding, if you look to my profile icon, the assumed feathers of the Discipline weapon gained from completing the Mage Tower does a smear against the face of my poor Goblin.Sukebann0 Nov 1
Nov 1 Achievement point bug. Hi. I noticed that one day my main character is showing up at 17k achievement pts. The other characters on my acct show up at 21k. I indeed do have 21k achievement pts in game. I contacted via a ticket to fix this and I was referred to : http://us.battle.net/en/feedback Which ultimately brought me to the forums. So here I am.Mezasu6 Nov 1
Nov 1 Armory profile not updating I am having an issue with my armory profile and per the ticket that I opened I was informed to make a post here for this issue. My armory (just on this character) hasn't been updating at all. It's been 5 days since the last time it updated. This is preventing me from using SimC for calculating my character's damage along with getting my stat weights. It's also preventing other 3rd party websites from tracking information (Raidbots, WoWProgress, etc). Is there a known issue with this or an update in this issue? Thanks.Cutsme32 Nov 1
Oct 29 Character not showing up as My Character Hey, using some sites that use battle.net sync and it wasn't listing one of my characters. The page loads fine on site, but when I look at My Characters on the WoW site it doesn't show up. Character in question: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/alinraVinnae1 Oct 29
Oct 28 Random lines across Blizzard website. This page https://us.battle.net/account/download/index.xml?show=bnetapp Presnts this issue https://imgur.com/a/TS6Ob Which was also posted on Google. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/WugLHz8w_v4/5gHZwLz8BAAJ Having to manually disable GPU rasterization fixed the issue, but many users still experience it, and may not know how to fix it. Systems specs https://valid.x86.fr/ujf7x4Andreakos0 Oct 28
Oct 28 Resubbed/No Blizzcon Forum Access I just resubbed - today. Game is running, can post to regular forums, etc. All good. I had purchased a virtual ticket before my sub expired. I went to the Blizzcon forum and found that my character there is listed as "Not Authorized". There is a box at the bottom that states, "This game license has expired or been cancelled". Is this just a matter of waiting for a while - or have I messed up my Virtual Ticket?? Thank you for any help.Fairaday3 Oct 28
Oct 27 Missing characters after patch 7.3.2 Greetings adventurers! We experienced an issue after patch 7.3.2 went live that was causing characters whom had logged out since the patch went live to be hidden from certain features on several online systems such as the WoW armory on worldofwarcraft.com, the WoW web API, as well as from some mobile applications. We have resolved this issue, however, any affected character will need to log in and log out of the game for the affected character to once again display in those affected systems.Maguthul4 Oct 27
Oct 27 Forum Switching Profiles Hey! So It won't let me switch to my Druid or my Paladin. Is there a way I can reconnect them or something? They just aren't there lol. All my other characters are. (Created this in the in-game bugs by accident)Castastrofee4 Oct 27
Oct 26 Intermittently unable to post to forums. Hello, I had previously contacted blizzard support, but the game master was not able to find issue, but the issue is still occurring. I server transferred the following characters on the stormrage-US realm a while back, and are intermittently are unable to post on the world of warcrraft forums (as in they cannot be selected) when logged into my profile to do so: Triadge - Stormrage Sangir - Stormrage Eldamari - Stormrage Silviås - Stormrage This has been a persistent issue for some time now and as now i'm taking a more active role in recruiting I need this functionality to be addressed (as i would like to post on an actual character from the guild rather than a level 1 alt). I can attach an associated picture or forward one on to you guys (blues) if needed. ThanksTriadge3 Oct 26
Oct 26 Buttons on website not responsive I've noticed sometimes that clicking/tapping on things like "like", "quote" and the return to forum buttons on the web page don't register. On both web and mobile. Especially mobile. For example, I tap "like" and then go to scroll down, the like button darkens like it was never tapped in the first place. I also have issues getting the page to register the "return to forum" at the bottom of a thread. Half the time I click or tap on it, it doesn't do anything and I have to do it repeatedly.Svenska0 Oct 26
Oct 25 Character deleted still showing up in Armory I transferred this character from another server quite a while ago. At that time, I created a level 1 alt on the original server to retain the name in case I wanted to transfer back. I deleted the level 1 alt shortly afterwards but it continues to show up in my Mobile Armory app. Someone else has since created a new character with that name on the original server. When I select the level 1 alt listed in Mobile Armory app, it loads the level 23 character belonging to someone else. Also just checked my characters listed on the website Armory and this level 23 character is listed there (which doesn't belong to my account) Would like to have the level 1 character record removed from the Mobile App as well as any link to the level 23 character. Let me know if you need any further details.Tatonka0 Oct 25
Oct 25 Missing Characters from Armory When i check for my characters on the armory page i can't find them all. for instance Lilgoblin - Draenor, is not there. when i log in on the app they are missing as well. what can i do to fix this?Johnnydarko3 Oct 25
Oct 25 Can't find my character in Armory I am unable to find my character, a Dwarf Hunter named Muzi in the armory app since maintenance shut down on 10/24/2017. I am also unable to find the character on this website. However, I am able to log into him in the game. The character I am posting on is on the same realm as the character I am looking for. This character I have maybe logged into him once or twice since the Legion expansion. In fact, I am able to see the character I made back in Vanilla wow. Anyone else having this issue?Moozi9 Oct 25
Oct 25 Was I a bad girl?? this is not the usually character I post on, but he seems to be gone from the forums, and not sure whats up. character name is Erniemiser. Was just on him here this morning just before six am EST, and everything was ok. He's not showing up in my list of characters, and it was showing Frishiab as my poster, but she's not one I play much, so try not to hide behind those. anyway, I checked my email, about had a heart attack when I saw mail from blizzard but it was a Destiny2 mail lol. I don't think I did anything wrong, but who knows. If someone could check I'd truly appreciate it. When I search his name, I'm only getting like 27 hits, and only one that I see he posted :( Thanks in advance.Rubyanna3 Oct 25