Website Bug Report

Oct 29, 2010 Forum Guidelines and Reminders Welcome to the Website Bug Reports forum! Please report any issues you may experience while using the new World of Warcraft community site in this forum. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct ( and guidelines ( before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 29, 2010
Dec 14 Meet Baardoch We have a goal to provide more updates, feedback, and clarity around issues that pertain to our website and forums. With that in mind, please say hello to Baardoch. Baardoch has been at Blizzard for many years, first in our Customer Support group, and now as a Program Manager on our Web team. I've personally enjoyed working with him on the new website and forums for the last few months, and I'm really glad that he's here to talk to you in this forum.Kaivax7 Dec 14
2d Current Web Armory Profile issues Hey everyone, Since there have been a few threads on similar topics and I wanted to consolidate the discussion and acknowledge that we are aware of the issues the community is seeing. Character Levels, stats and items not updating: In Progress We have identified issues with character profiles that are preventing them from updating properly. We applied a partial fix yesterday, so some of you may begin seeing characters update once you logout. We are close to a larger solution, but I don’t have a firm ETA yet. Character images and portraits not updating: In Progress We’re currently working with the game team to figure out the root cause and implement a solution so that you can return to seeing your Character in all their Legion glory. Demon Hunter weapons not showing: In Progress We believe that we have some solutions in place as a part of the larger Character Image update, and it should roll out at the same time as the image and portrait updates. We don’t have an ETA on when exactly to share right now, but we’ll try to provide an update when we can I wanted to make sure I shared some information on the issues in the interest of ongoing transparency and I’m hoping to keep this updated as we as we go. Please continue to report items here and we’ll make sure to take a look.Baardoch108 2d
Feb 11 New Web Armory/Profiles Feature Yesterday saw the release of the updated Character Profiles/Armory feature for the WoW Community site. World of Warcraft has a set of passionate and engaged fans and we are excited to see the community discussing this newly relaunched experience. The Web Development team has been actively reviewing the feedback from you all in comments, forum posts, social media and fan sites, and we want to take a moment to say ‘thank you.’ Much like the game, the site has evolved over the years, and will continue to evolve based on the needs of the players and the ongoing development of World of Warcraft. While we can’t speak specifically to priorities of upcoming features at this time, I can assure you that we do take your feedback into consideration when we determine what new features or changes to existing features we’ll work on next. If there are specific bugs or feedback on the Web Site, we encourage you to continue to post here in the Website Feedback Forum. We also wanted to take a moment to discuss the Web Auction House. Many of the comments have stated that this feature has been removed; while this feature has historically been accessed from your profile, the Auction House still exists—we have just moved how you access it. You can find it in the Site Navigation underneath Game-> Auction House. The same requirements (level restrictions, logged in, etc.) are still in place. We apologize for any confusion that this may have caused. Thank you for your time, your honesty, and your feedback. Every Voice Matters! Lok’tar ogar, BaardochBaardoch21 Feb 11
Nov 15, 2016 Static Render Domains Update Hey everyone, We’re in the process of updating the domains that are used for serving WoW render images. If you are linking directly to any render image, please make a note of this change. We encourage you to switch to these new domains as soon as possible. Here’s a few examples of this change: Avatar Image Old: New: Inset Image Old: New: Profile Image Old: New: Here’s some more details about our static render: Images generated per character (see above for an example of each) We currently render three different images: An Armory profile image An Armory inset image An avatar image Renders generation Whenever a character logs out of the game, a request is automatically sent to the static renderer for a new set of website images. These requests are processed in the order they are received. During peak gaming hours it may take longer for your character images to update and appear on the community site. Black silhouettes If a character avatar is displaying as a generic silhouette, this typically means one of two things: The selected character is under level 10. The selected character may have not been recently played. Note: Until an image is rendered for Death Knights for the first time, the silhouette for that class will default to that of a human. In the case of Demon hunters, it will default to a silhouette of a night elf or blood elf, depending on the character’s faction. Our goal is to provide faster, better, more reliable services and this is just another step towards that goal. For Azeroth!Baardoch0 Nov 15, 2016
4h Constant errors and slow loading. This page contains the following errors: error on line 873 at column 100: AttValue: ' expected Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error. All the time, it often takes 3-4 refreshes to load pages at this point. Is there an ETA on this fix, since Blizz hasn't even tried to mention it yet?Sneakyboops2 4h
7h Post history not updating? Am I the only one with this problem? I've made several posts in the last couple of days and it's not updating at all when I click on my post count.Zavinus13 7h
11h Mythic Keystone Leaderboards Can't seem to work out what's going on, the API seems to be fine because external websites are still pulling data about completed runs, but when you actually try to load the leaderboards, the vast majority of servers are missing and those that do show are showing players from completely different servers again. Is this a known issue or is it a caching issue on our end or something?Kinetyk3 11h
11h "View Post History" Broken Hello! Every time I click "View Post History" to quickly get to a forum post that I have made without having to search for it or save the URL, I get "No results could be found. Please check your spelling or try different keywords." Would like to get this fixed. I put in a bug report but was sent here instead. Thanks! :)Awake7 11h
12h Website Error? When i view the forums, i keep getting this error "This page contains the following errors: error on line 530 at column 178: AttValue: ' expected Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error." Why is it doing this on WOW Forums? The error is at top and in light pink ..on blank wow forum BG ( the greenish color BG )Baervan16 12h
17h Posts not found in history I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but I've noticed that some of my posts don't show up in my character post history.Kuddlebugg79 17h
21h WoWProgress and WoWArmory not updating Legion Raid Progression On Sunday, 18 March 2018, guild members and pugs downed the four bosses on Heroic Antorus, the Burning Throne. The four bosses were Garothi, Felhounds, Antoran, and Eonar. How do I get them updated on WoWProgress and WoWArmory?Inaril2 21h
1d Guild Armory not updating I spoke with a GM about this today and he recommended I make a forum post, so that's what I'm doing. I recently moved my guild from US-Sargeras Alliance to US-Area 52 Horde. Everything was working fine on Saturday. As my members started to transfer, the armory would reflect the new roster; however, since then, as more and more people started to transfer, I didn't see updates to the armory page anymore. It currently has the guild at 24 members when in reality its 42. This normally would be a non-issue for me, but it's preventing us from securing our Argus kill rank on WoW progress. Note: The individual character armory pages of the members "missing" from the guild roster, shows our clan tag. So the individual updates seem to be happening as intended.Seruketoxd0 1d
1d Forum character portrait won’t update I can switch to other characters for forum posts and it shows my character’s appropriate level and portrait. However my main character says it’s stuck at 100. I tried bringing this up in WoD but they didn’t see a problem. Now that I’m 110 my portrait still does not up date. I have tried logging out and restarting my computer and I’m even posting from a new phone and it still does not update.Moltké9 1d
1d Armory issue Yesterday, I migrated my 110 Alliance warlock to Horde (same server) and now he is not showing up on the armory at all—through any medium. On the mobile app it says “character not available due to extended period of inactivity. “. I have been playing him recently and he was showing prior to the transfer. any ideas or fixes?Silenus2 1d
3d unable to post to forums Not sure if it's just me but when posting with google chrome I get "500 server error" when i go to make a new post. does not post. I swapped to Microsoft edge and it worked okay.Lightspren0 3d
5d Guild Recruitment - Search by latest When doing a word specific search in the guild recruitment forums and then sort the results by latest, it keeps showing that the latest post is from Jan 3. The steps to recreate the problem. 1. Enter "druid" in search box. 2. Hit enter. 3. Click gear and choose latest.Totters0 5d
6d Pink glitch bar At first I was only getting this on mobile but now it's spreading to PC as well. Don't know what it is but sometimes I have to refresh upwards of 10 times to get it to go away. 6d
Mar 14 XML errors on the Forums I'm using Chrome Version 65.0.3325.73 (Official Build) beta (64-bit). and for the last day and a half been getting a XML error every 3 or 4th page on the forum and when I do need to refresh the page several times. Its a pink box that loads in above the top bar with the Blizzard log and games, shop, news, esports which the error moves down and doesn't load anything else. the msg in the error box says ... with the line and column numbers changing every error or every time I refresh.Syeana5 Mar 14
Mar 14 Random error when opening thread Hey guys, randomly starting from last week ish, using Chrome browser, I have been getting this error. The line / column number seem to be random and different value each time, but the rest of the error is the same. Does anyone know why? This page contains the following errors: error on line 281 at column 3927: AttValue: ' expected Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error. Thank you for your assistance in advance Note that this happens randomly. Sometimes I can go open threads without problem.Eternal3 Mar 14
Mar 13 Forum post history - it's getting old guys. Been a problem since early December. Time to move the priority from "low" to "medium" already. It's bad enough your forum features are circa ... well, never. Since BBS systems were more advanced at 1200 bps. >:( C'mon guys. This is starting to look bad. Yours, Cranky NelfWyspers92 Mar 13
Mar 13 Website errors Been getting website errors with Chrome, Haven't seen it with Mozzilla or Edge. Plus sometime when going to a page on your site, it hangs, and I have to refresh the page to get it to load. I'm using Google Chrome Version 65.0.3325.146 (64-bit)Stonebeard7 Mar 13
Mar 13 Firefox users on Website Whoever else uses Firefox besides me, I experience nothing but error after error daily on the WoW Website -Most times i'll have to log in 2x to actually be logged in, I'll log in, click forums, then it'll say "Log in" so i click back, Log back in, and now I am logged in -When I check my profile, or other peoples' - Half the time i'm directed to the "Blizzard Log-in" screen, so I have to click Back, then click again -Mobile Auction house (Just now) So I just got done checking a few alts auctions progress, All of a sudden now I start going thru other alts and it says "Error - In-game" Logged out, back in, Still says it. -Mysteriously throughout the day or night, I will get logged off the website when I Haven't even turned my computer off or cleared my browser History This is just some (most) of the errors off the top of my head that I can think of that just bother me and wondering if anyone else who use Firefox experience this... I don't like to really switch and try out new Browsers so maybe it's just Firefox Any feedback about their Browser and how the website works with theirs would nice to read too ThanksEviroy0 Mar 13
Mar 11 PvP ladder showing outdated version PvP ladder is showing outdated version of ranking instead of up-to-date. It was updated as of March 11 morning and then it went back to showing a ladder as of 4 days ago.Desmotes0 Mar 11
Mar 11 Server 505 Error Hello! I've been getting a random Server 505 Error every so often over the course of the day. It's only happening to me when i go to reply to a post and not anything else. This started happening March 8th.Hammerziet0 Mar 11
Mar 10 error on line 887 at column 122: AttValue: ' .Pazu0 Mar 10
Mar 9 Broken Link to Forums I have a bookmark to take me straight to the Forums and when I clicked it, instead of it taking me to the forums, instead it took me to a Battlenet Login screen and wanted my password. I input my password, I do have an authenticator, and the screen flickered, then went straight back to the login screen. I put my password in again and it just flickered and reset the same screen. So, I went to Google and got to the site manually. My concern is that somehow this was a hacking attempt but I can't figure out how my bookmark was hacked? I did log in to the launcher and everything fired up straight away, so I can log into the game no problem. Really confused about all of this. Any suggestions?Gigglessnort2 Mar 9
Mar 8 My progress got lost in DS LFR Hi, I have already completed the raid "Dragon Soul" in LFR but i realized that in my profile ( the progress got lost in that mode, you can check my achievements (example when we did it and wiped... or the same day when i completed that raid in LFR), you can check the dates and verify it, i hope you could tell me why this is happening and correct it in my profile. This error has been happening since 6 or 7 months ago. Thanks in advance.Daviddo16 Mar 8
Mar 8 Something's not quite right, Armory error Since the launch of 7.3.5 I have had the following issue: does not load even when I am logged in. All other tabs work and update except the main character tab and it will not refresh. I tried for days before lodging a ticket in case it would self correct which it has not. My ticket Issue ID: #62226147 was answered with a redirection to here. Hopefully you can look into this :-)Delanoben18 Mar 8
Mar 7 Chromie reputation is not updating On Sunday, while on my Priest, I repeatedly did the Chromie quests to finish out the rep and become Timelord. Success however in the armory webpage the rep is showing as honored only. Will this be fixed? Shouldn't it be maxed out on the armory if it's maxed out in game? I've looked at other people's rep online that completed Timelord last year and their rep says honored still so this isn't a time delay.Roebling0 Mar 7
Mar 7 Constantly Logged Out, Unable to Login Since the BfA Alpha forums were restored, something has changed on the forums such that most of the time when I visit I am shown as not logged in. If I try to log in while on the forums, it simply loops back to the same page with that status unchanged. If I visit any other site, I am still logged in. I have cleared my entire cache and all cookies (which I was extremely frustrated about having to do) and this issue still keeps re-occurring.. Every time I want to post on the forums now, I must completely log out of and then log back in to "fix" the issue.Thecheat6 Mar 7
Mar 7 Armory look up error Has anyone had issues with the armory lately? I've always been able to look up my level 19s and recently no level 19s seem be findable on the armory. When I try to look them up I get this: "Error Something’s Not Quite Right This character profile could not be displayed, possibly for one of the following reasons: The character has been inactive. If this is your profile, try logging in and out of the character in the game client. The character name or realm was spelled incorrectly. The character is undergoing a process such as a realm transfer or faction change. The character may have been deleted. The character is below level 10 and thus cannot be displayed. An illusion. What are you hiding?" Any ideas?Warminister0 Mar 7
Mar 6 LFR Dragon Soul not updating in Armory As you can see with these multiple posts(linked at bottom), there is a problem specifically with Dragon Soul and the tracking of the kills in the armory. Can we have a response from somebody regarding this matter? I have opened a ticket on this matter but have been redirected on the forums. Thank you Mar 6
Mar 5 7.3.5; Armory Displaying Char Ach Points As of today's patch to 7.3.5, the Armory no longer displays achievement point totals based on the total account-wide value visible in-game. Instead, it only shows character-specific point totals, despite showing the account-wide achievement progress; even when "Display Only Character Achievements to Others" is unchecked. Here is a character that I have not logged into yet as of the patch, which is still displaying the then-correct, account-wide achievement point total (total points went down due to achievement changes, but is reflecting the in-game, account-wide total): For reference, this is what it would look like if I *DID* toggle on the Display Only Character Achievements to Others. The point value is still incorrect, but much closer to the intended amount. I'm guessing this is because it hides actual account-wide (blue border) achievements, but still gives my character point credit. (Also worth noting that the value from the armory is still slightly inaccurate versus the in-game total, despite me making multiple in-depth reports since the initial achievement desync bug from 5.2, but that's another problem that's probably never going to get addressed.)Orunno8 Mar 5
Mar 4 Missing characters after patch 7.3.2 Greetings adventurers! We experienced an issue after patch 7.3.2 went live that was causing characters whom had logged out since the patch went live to be hidden from certain features on several online systems such as the WoW armory on, the WoW web API, as well as from some mobile applications. We have resolved this issue, however, any affected character will need to log in and log out of the game for the affected character to once again display in those affected systems.Maguthul10 Mar 4
Mar 4 Error: Internal Server Error 500 Hello, When trying to post on the Forums, I'm getting Internal Server Error 500 and it only gives me an option to return to the forums. As a result of this my posts are not going thru properly. This issue has been on-going for at least the past hour now for me. Reporting this as an issue so it can be looked at and resolved soon. Browsers Used When Getting This Error: Google Chrome Microsoft Edge Mozilla Firefox Xanlorash [The Insane]Xanlorash3 Mar 4
Mar 3 Post History There seems to be a problem with viewing my post history. It's been like this for at least a month now. Do any of the folks in this forum know how I can fix this? Maybe I accidentally clicked a wrong setting somewhere?Skruffette13 Mar 3
Mar 1 Achievements not updating Hi, my account achievement points are not showing on this character. Whereas my other characters are showing the correct number of points.Junomir2 Mar 1
Feb 28 Forums are the slowest thing on internet Why is the Website so SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWWW. For like a couple weeks now I cannot figure out why the wow forums are so just ridiculously slow. I have to refresh a topic like 10 times just to get the page to load, and that's if it loads at all. Is this a known issue and I'm just late to the party? I have been using these forums for years and have never seen anything like this. Is this involved with the armory and post history issues?Jakked0 Feb 28
Feb 28 Armory issue - Wrong info displayed Hello, Posting on Druso-Azralon. It says my toon is level 96, in shadow spec. I have been playing with this toon for years now and still sometimes it says I`m level 96 and all that. Sometimes it shows the correct info (lvl 110, etc). When this happens, I`m unable to use the Legion app or even the remote auction house. Simcraft and Warcraft logs also get the wrong information. Can you guys please have a look at this? Thanks in advanceDruso1 Feb 28
Feb 27 Where are her clothes? On the website and Wow armory app my character has no clothes. She is fully clothed in game. I've recently boosted her to 110 and that's when it started. I've logged out and logged back in a few times since then.Kaieamoonui4 Feb 27
Feb 25 WoW's website showing a black box. WoW's website showing a black box and can't click anything. Anyone else?Gascoígne2 Feb 25
Feb 23 Can't armory my char - can't find it on app I can't armory two of my characters. my main a female brewmaster monk - Aggronaut on Mal'ganis and my prot warrior Aggronaught on the same realm. also they don't show up in the armory app, nor any of the battlenet partnered apps such as wowprogress or (it used to work fine, and i have not transferred anywhere) Please help. PS: I opened a suppport ticket and the GM told me to make a post here.Aggronot2 Feb 23
Feb 23 Delete post doesn't work I mean, it might. I have no idea. The issue is that it isn't showing up as an option until the deletion window closes, at which point it appears and remains forever. You can click on it and confirm the deletion and it will tell you it was successful, but it doesn't do anything. Seems like something got reversed.Nixxia3 Feb 23
Feb 22 Make a sticky thread about post history like how you made a sticky thread about armory issues. So people can converge on that instead of making dozens and hundreds of random threads. Because we can't easily locate the threads we posted in about it given our lack of post history. And on that note, how's it going with the post history? If there's a blue post somewhere, go ahead and sticky that for us so you don't have to be inundated by our inquiries about it. I know Ornyx said he made a ticket for you all and it should be fixed soon, but that was weeks ago and I didn't think to bookmark that thread at the time. Thanks!Darknight1 Feb 22
Feb 21 Can not armory my own characters. Title says it. Been about a week now. Can see any other players armory but none of my own, I get the 'must be character transfer, lower than level 10, etc.' page. Goes for 8 toons alliance and horde side. Please help.Khatara28 Feb 21
Feb 20 Armory search not correct. I don't know if anyone else has this problem but when I search my own characters, it's still showing a lot of them where they used to be. Some of them have several variations of the same character, for example when I search Razsharlina it comes up with my character twice, when it used to be on Jubei'thos and again when it used to be on Frostmourne. I am now on Saurfang with a variation to my name so shouldn't those other 2 be gone from the search?Razsharlìna0 Feb 20
Feb 20 ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR So in order to post this I had to go through hours of figuring out what is going on with this error on my computer. Come to find out it is my anti-virus taking to heart the upcoming chrome/firefox cleaning the internet ssl security clearances. Essentially, one of the reasons accessing this site is difficult seems to be because Blizzard has yet to start recertifying all their security features associated with image cache and line base code on their site. Am I off or does inspect show resource errors for anyone else? Also if this is the case is there a fix for this or can someone tell me where to get update certificates so I can import them manually or something?Ollopa0 Feb 20
Feb 19 Armory profile not updating I am having an issue with my armory profile and per the ticket that I opened I was informed to make a post here for this issue. My armory (just on this character) hasn't been updating at all. It's been 5 days since the last time it updated. This is preventing me from using SimC for calculating my character's damage along with getting my stat weights. It's also preventing other 3rd party websites from tracking information (Raidbots, WoWProgress, etc). Is there a known issue with this or an update in this issue? Thanks.Cutsme38 Feb 19
Feb 18 Edit is occasionally creating new posts Edit is occasionally incorrectly creating a new post. This is definitely not a case of accidentally hitting the quote button, since there's no quote (and anyway the buttons are in very different locations). The post is just identical to the old post, but with the changes. This is the first time I've ever seen this happen, but it has happened to my posts multiple times today. I've deleted the duplicates, and it does not always happen. But yeah, multiple times today when it's never happened before. I'm on Windows 10 and Firefox.Skadja0 Feb 18