Website Bug Report

Oct 29, 2010 Forum Guidelines and Reminders Welcome to the Website Bug Reports forum! Please report any issues you may experience while using the new World of Warcraft community site in this forum. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 29, 2010
2d Meet Baardoch We have a goal to provide more updates, feedback, and clarity around issues that pertain to our website and forums. With that in mind, please say hello to Baardoch. Baardoch has been at Blizzard for many years, first in our Customer Support group, and now as a Program Manager on our Web team. I've personally enjoyed working with him on the new website and forums for the last few months, and I'm really glad that he's here to talk to you in this forum.Kaivax7 2d
3d Current Web Armory Profile issues Hey everyone, Since there have been a few threads on similar topics and I wanted to consolidate the discussion and acknowledge that we are aware of the issues the community is seeing. Character Levels, stats and items not updating: In Progress We have identified issues with character profiles that are preventing them from updating properly. We applied a partial fix yesterday, so some of you may begin seeing characters update once you logout. We are close to a larger solution, but I don’t have a firm ETA yet. Character images and portraits not updating: In Progress We’re currently working with the game team to figure out the root cause and implement a solution so that you can return to seeing your Character in all their Legion glory. Demon Hunter weapons not showing: In Progress We believe that we have some solutions in place as a part of the larger Character Image update, and it should roll out at the same time as the image and portrait updates. We don’t have an ETA on when exactly to share right now, but we’ll try to provide an update when we can I wanted to make sure I shared some information on the issues in the interest of ongoing transparency and I’m hoping to keep this updated as we as we go. Please continue to report items here and we’ll make sure to take a look.Baardoch105 3d
Nov 22 New Web Armory/Profiles Feature Yesterday saw the release of the updated Character Profiles/Armory feature for the WoW Community site. World of Warcraft has a set of passionate and engaged fans and we are excited to see the community discussing this newly relaunched experience. The Web Development team has been actively reviewing the feedback from you all in comments, forum posts, social media and fan sites, and we want to take a moment to say ‘thank you.’ Much like the game, the site has evolved over the years, and will continue to evolve based on the needs of the players and the ongoing development of World of Warcraft. While we can’t speak specifically to priorities of upcoming features at this time, I can assure you that we do take your feedback into consideration when we determine what new features or changes to existing features we’ll work on next. If there are specific bugs or feedback on the Web Site, we encourage you to continue to post here in the Website Feedback Forum. We also wanted to take a moment to discuss the Web Auction House. Many of the comments have stated that this feature has been removed; while this feature has historically been accessed from your profile, the Auction House still exists—we have just moved how you access it. You can find it in the Site Navigation underneath Game-> Auction House. The same requirements (level restrictions, logged in, etc.) are still in place. We apologize for any confusion that this may have caused. Thank you for your time, your honesty, and your feedback. Every Voice Matters! Lok’tar ogar, BaardochBaardoch20 Nov 22
Nov 15, 2016 Static Render Domains Update Hey everyone, We’re in the process of updating the domains that are used for serving WoW render images. If you are linking directly to any render image, please make a note of this change. We encourage you to switch to these new domains as soon as possible. Here’s a few examples of this change: Avatar Image Old: http://render-api-us.worldofwarcraft.com/static-render/us/lightbringer/110/115539310-avatar.jpg New: http://render-us.worldofwarcraft.com/character/lightbringer/110/115539310-avatar.jpg Inset Image Old: http://render-api-us.worldofwarcraft.com/static-render/us/lightbringer/110/115539310-inset.jpg New: http://render-us.worldofwarcraft.com/character/lightbringer/110/115539310-inset.jpg Profile Image Old: http://render-api-us.worldofwarcraft.com/static-render/us/lightbringer/110/115539310-profilemain.jpg New: http://render-us.worldofwarcraft.com/character/lightbringer/110/115539310-profilemain.jpg Here’s some more details about our static render: Images generated per character (see above for an example of each) We currently render three different images: An Armory profile image An Armory inset image An avatar image Renders generation Whenever a character logs out of the game, a request is automatically sent to the static renderer for a new set of website images. These requests are processed in the order they are received. During peak gaming hours it may take longer for your character images to update and appear on the community site. Black silhouettes If a character avatar is displaying as a generic silhouette, this typically means one of two things: The selected character is under level 10. The selected character may have not been recently played. Note: Until an image is rendered for Death Knights for the first time, the silhouette for that class will default to that of a human. In the case of Demon hunters, it will default to a silhouette of a night elf or blood elf, depending on the character’s faction. Our goal is to provide faster, better, more reliable services and this is just another step towards that goal. For Azeroth!Baardoch0 Nov 15, 2016
23h Can't find post history on any of my characters. I've posted in the past week or so on here but the latest posts it can find are from October. Please fix. Also i'm using Chrome and it's up to date. I've also cleared my cache and signed out/signed back in from Chrome AND this website with no changes so please don't suggest I do that.Carebare1 23h
1d No Achievements I show no achievements on the forums currently. Submitted a ticket and was told to post here. Would love this fixed. Thanks.Galaritus4 1d
1d Posts not found in history I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but I've noticed that some of my posts don't show up in my character post history.Kuddlebugg11 1d
1d Being redirected to main page Hi. Over the past few days, when I choose "view player profile" from the drop down menu when I'm currently in the forums I get sent to the site's main page instead. I used to be able to go directly there before so I'm thinking this is a bug.Revannia0 1d
1d Hello, frustrated customer here Greetings to the "Website Bug Report" people. There is a problem with the website. It is a bug. And it has been reported by a great many people a great many times. Posts by forum users are not showing up in the forums. Occasionally they do show up, and an hour later they are gone (sometimes they come back). The "View Post History" drop down selection is apparently broken as well. Checking using a 'toon that I used to make several posts over the last 24 hours shows a post from several days ago. I do not ask for perfection. I only ask that you do your jobs and that this site runs properly.Panshredbank1 1d
1d "View Post History" option malfunctioning I click the drop down arrow next to my toon's picture, and select "View Post History". But the most recent post it shows is from 3 days ago. I have made several posts since. Some of those posts involved questions/situations that I would like to know how they turned out. Using my post history is how I get back to those threads. This has been an issue for at least several days, and not just for me. Can you folks look into what's going on with the website? Or, if you already are, can you post a status message? A simple "Hey, we know there's a problem. We're looking into it and we will try to keep you updated on what's going on" would go a long way. Thank youPanshredbank0 1d
1d Post history is gone? If it is a feature that is being removed, I don't understand that.Zones1 1d
2d Duplicate Armory Character Name: Cyberz Realm: Azralon I transferred my Horde Troll Druid from Azralon to Nemesis Alliance over three year ago. And then I went back to the horde azralon, but in the tauren race. But sometimes, when I open some website or app that needs the armory, it still shows my old druid (Troll 95 from mop) armory along with my new one. Any type of info I can receive for this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.Cyberz2 2d
2d RSS Feed So the old link to the RSS feed (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/feed/news) has not had an update since October 7, 2016 (they are out of order, it's the fourth one down). I have tried changing up the link to see if I could possibly find it somewhere else, but no such luck. Could we get this looked at and ideally fixed please?Rossan2 2d
2d News RSS Feed does not work the news rss feed does not appear to work any more. The page https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/5378827/did-you-know-web-feeds links to a feed that hasn't been updated since the switch to the new site. can this be updated please?Prettiestman4 2d
3d Forum replies disappearing/reappearing Just as the title says; it's happening to many people up in General at least. Posts eaten before they can be posted at all; posts up then disappear then reappear.Weili13 3d
3d No More Post History? Did the changes to the website break the functionality to see post history? I can't see any post history for myself for the last two days. Ever since the problems with posts appearing and disappearing.Axebreaker0 3d
3d Armory isn't updating It makes more than 2 weeks since the last armory update ;/Jaiminhø1 3d
4d Mythic plus dungeon My group completed a eye of azshara 19 last week in time yet it did not come up on any leaderboards or was counted toward my mythic plus score? Trying to find out if there is a reason why that would happen.Yukidama4 4d
5d Constantly getting redirected to KR domain As the subject suggests, any attempt for me to go to us.battle.net or similar domains or following most links within the battle.net site will redirect me to the Korean site. As I am Australian and don't speak or read Korean and also, as I don't currently, or likely ever will hold an account with the Korean domain of battle.net, this is of limited (read; absolutely no) use to me. I've attempted to clear browsing data, I've tried using Chrome and IE and Edge, all have the same behaviour so I'm led to believe it's a problem with your geolocation service thinking Australia is actually in Eastern Asia. Close, but sadly, it's not. Just logging in to make this post was an ordeal of having to manually type in edits to links to navigate to the US forums.Palerma15 5d
5d My avatar is broken I'm a level 110 shaman. My avatar is stuck at level 7. Can this get fixed?Keene2 5d
5d Leaderboard "missed" a mythic+ keystone run Hello, Character - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/shattered-hand/nox Description/bug - Our group ran an 18+ vault of the wardens on 11/21 (in the AM). Proceeded to two chest it and then did the 20+ maw of souls after. The 20 maw registered on the leaderboards and the 18+ vault did not. Both runs definitely were in the top 100 for the server Please advise Thank you,Dianox10 5d
5d Character not found on 3rd party sites Hello, for months this character I am posting on has issues being traced on 3rd party sites such as; wowprogress, raider.io, wowhead and openraid. Along with the mobile armory app being unable to access the character's armory and something auction house. I deleted the character and restored it in hopes that something will fix and this character can be found again. It has worked for wowprogress (for the time being) however it hasn't done anything for the other sites mentioned.Sayerel6 5d
5d Wrong Link on News Article https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21313393/we-need-you-on-the-7-3-5-public-test-realm Your PTR Bug link in the announcement post is redirecting to the Live Client forum.Mulberry0 5d
5d Armory isnt updating Armory and achievements for forum isnt updating, seemed to work fine until the antorus raid releaseBraellynn1 5d
Dec 8 Fixed Did not get my horsePepsico2 Dec 8
Dec 7 Server forums guidelines thread leads to 404 I hope this is the right place to put it, but just as the title says, noticed that the thread stickied in server forums by Bashiok leads to a 404. This is the thread in question: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/1083611169 Highlighting the thread in a forum does show a preview of the thread, though.Yutana0 Dec 7
Dec 6 Wow website not displaying correctly Whenever I try to view the world of Warcraft site on my computers Microsoft Edge I just see a big black box looking thing in the center of the screen and when I scroll down the page I just see a brown background with large Xs and check marks but can’t access any of the links or parts of the site. This occurs on Microsoft edge,google chrome and Mozilla Firefox for me. I’m having to type this on my iphones safari browser please fix.Birdstars0 Dec 6
Dec 6 Perpetual "error" on this forum It seems like about half the time I try to post a reply in an existing thread here, I get "an error ocurred, please log out and back in and try again," or words to that effect. I log out as instructed, but when I try again, I get the same error. I just tried to post input on an existing bug and got the error five times, then gave up. I wonder how many bugs go unreported because of this...bug. ("here" refers to this entire WoW forum, not just the "Bug Report" sub-forum.)Obsidianna1 Dec 6
Dec 5 Achievements aren't updating Ya my achievements aren't updating on this character. Others sure but for some reason this one won't. I've tried resetting my password, logging out and relogging into the website and the game but nothing changes.. It's been like this for at least 3 months.. Help:?Zën0 Dec 5
Dec 5 Auction House not working Unable to sell through remote auction house(on a pc through web browser NOT a cell phone), page just reloads when 'create auction' is pressed, I've gone through the delete cookies / clear cache ... I've tested this on three different personal computers, running either win7 / 10. firefox / IE ... blizzard support is crap, no one has a clue, just keep getting the same bull!@#$ run around, anyone know to fix this, although I doubt its anything on my end ...Chkang8 Dec 5
Dec 4 Hi. So, I am Canadian. Just so you guys at Blizzard know, Canada is not in Europe. So why does your website always redirect me to the EU forums since I resubscribed?Draile2 Dec 4
Dec 4 Cannot search website on cellphone. I usually use my cellphone to look up players on the armory as my computer has serious problems trying to anything else while I am playing wow. I have come upon this problem where I cannot type in the "search" field on the mobile website. I can open the side panel and click in the search field but as soon as my keyboard comes up the whole panel folds back in. I looked through the forum but have not seen any other comments about this issue, yet.Direfur3 Dec 4
Dec 2 Chromie Reputation Not Updating I reached "Timelord" friendship rank with Chromie (and earned the Chromie Homie achievement) on July 4. The Armory is displaying my Chromie reputation bar at 6100/12000 Honored.Galavant1 Dec 2
Dec 2 New Armory - Where are professions? I can't seem to find details on character professions, and the lists of learned and unlearned patterns, formulas, etc.Gaielle5 Dec 2
Nov 26 Please improve World of Warcraft website The design of the site is great: modern and tidy. But it lacks many features and even holds some intern inconsistencies. Let me list a few things that should be added/corrected: I think we should have more gameplay information pages for topics such as professions, battlegrounds, dungeons. The old website used to cover those aspects of the game in the "Game Guide" section. Few pages still redirect us to the old website, such as the auction house one. Some pages simply have a broken link, like Vol'jin's character page. We don't have a database anymore. We can't see information about other character's profession anymore. Why can't we have information about roleplay realms policy, and also some basic roleplay guide? New players don't often come to forums, and can miss this aspect of the game, specially because realms are autoselected for them.But don't get me wrong, I really like this website, specially the warcraft timeline page, it is really cool. But comparing to the old versions, I think there are many things to improve as of now.Ilthien2 Nov 26
Nov 25 Wrong link for Horde Wallpaper Hello, On the homepage for the Battle of Azeroth, when you try to download the Horde wallpaper (here: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth#modal=MEDIA-wallpaper-21182595) for the wide screen (2560 x 1440), then you download the wrong wallpaper. You download the wallpaper YWHEBU7YPF2E1509559682782 which is another one. Regards, FaeeliFaeeli0 Nov 25
Nov 24 Dragon Soul LFR I did Dragon Soul LFR almost a couple of months ago and the credit for doing it still hasn't popped up on my armory. Is credit no longer given for redoing old LFRs?Ultimate5 Nov 24
Nov 22 My icon is electric pink??? The heck do I fix it????Freatz11 Nov 22
Nov 18 Why can't I start General Discussion Threads? I'm allowed to click New Topic, write a post, and click Create Topic, but then I'm just returned to the General Discussion forum with no record of my post ever existing. If this is a time limit issue on taking too long to write posts, that needs to be posted somewhere so people know?Pruce0 Nov 18
Nov 18 Rating System As you're all well aware, the rating system of thumbing up or down posts was altered awhile back of removing thumbs down. Blizzard stated it was due to improper, and miss use of of the thumbs down option. The problem with this is that posts now appear to always seem positive, and any negative feed back must be displayed in text. This somewhat damages the right to display opinion. It should be keep both options or remove both. Now, I have a solution that I believe would suffice. Blizzard should consider adding emoji options to help display opinion of a post. Not only would this help eliminate too negative of feedback, but it would allow for more variety of opinion, such as happy, thinking, angry, confused, etc... Of course it should be limited to select options as i'm aware this is a forum, not a chatroom or Facebook for that matter. Let me know what you think!Dicedfox0 Nov 18
Nov 17 Threads should auto-lock eventually Threads should auto-lock after 30 (or 60, or 90, whatever) days. Having blue trackers show a bunch of blue posts that are just "locking this old thread, please don't necro" is kind of irritating. If you're going to lock old threads anyway, why not just have it happen automatically? That'd save the mods a bunch of trouble. Amusingly, here's a thread from 2 years ago asking the same thing, that I could still post to for some reason if I wanted to: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/18300227280#post-1Mirria1 Nov 17
Nov 16 Time Zone Incorrect on Realm Status The realm status page features all of the server time zones, but several of these are incorrect. For example, I was verifying the time zone for Ravenholdt-US and it currently says it's on Eastern time, but it's on Central time. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/status Can be replicated easily on the browser, no login required. *Accidentally posted this originally on the game bug reports, sorry!Burrewargue0 Nov 16
Nov 15 Posts from old forums I just re-subbed. One thing that's been irritating is that if I search my posts, I see lots of posts in the list (including text from the posts), but when I click to read the thread it gets 404'd. This is for sub forums that no longer exist like tanking and damage dealing. Is there any way top actually read these old threads? If not, might I suggest removing them from search results?Goodarthas0 Nov 15
Nov 14 New Server I'm not seeing any of my 5 toons on battle.net from thrall server.Rhorios5 Nov 14
Nov 13 Site kinda irritates me Idk if it's like this for anyone else But every day when i first return my computer out of "Sleep" mode (While never Logging off on the actual WoW Site the previous night) I'm always automatically logged off of the site, so I have to go back to the home page, Log back in, and sometimes it makes me do that like 2-3 times and not only that, but sometimes when I click on peoples armories while being logged in, It'll bring me to the "Blizzzard Log-in screen" which is easily fixable by just pressing back, and clicking it again. I just don't understand why i can't be permanently logged in on the WoW Site until I choose to log out. I use firefox, just wondering if anyone else has issues similar to mine because it's kinda annoying, but it is what it is.Shadow0 Nov 13
Nov 11 Character in shadow One of my characters is just a shadow on the character page. It shows all of her items in the boxes, but her profile pic is just a shadow.Saberia6 Nov 11
Nov 10 Bladefist + Kul Tiras profile update issues As we have seen several threads and discussions recently about characters on the Bladefist and Kul Tiras realms not receiving character profile updates, we wanted to take a moment and assure you that we are aware of the issue and are investigating. We will keep you up to date and report back when we feel we have resolved the root cause. Thank you for your patience.Maguthul10 Nov 10
Nov 10 Can't view my post history Was working fine yesterday. Today I can't view my post history, it just says No results could be found. Please check your spelling or try different keywords. I tried logging out and back in multiple times, clearing cache and cookies.Legionhunter0 Nov 10
Nov 10 In Development Hello! I just logged into the Forums, and noticed that there is a 7.1.5 PTR Bug Report forum that is locked, and it wasn't there before. Am I the only one seeing this?Viconniah1 Nov 10