Moon Guard

Oct 19, 2012 I just sold an epic helm for 30 gold. I meant to sell it for 30 k. Because I am insanely broke. Now my heart has shattered and it's back to praying people buy my ore and bars. ......I need a happy story, MG. Tell me happy stories.Hazzal33 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 @ Vol'kuza Okay, I will post on my main from now on. Trolls will no longer have to suffer the embarrassment of having an honorable badass among their numbers. Frostytroll was my main for a time, but, alas, that time is over now and so that forum avatar must die along with the RP of the same character. R.I.P FrostytrollStandhaft79 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 why are all of the Holoday weapons.... Rouge/shaman weapons? every last Holoday weapon is agility based. dose this seem fair to everyone else? *sad face*Misseve14 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Need a new Lich King? Why not Zoidberg? Lobstmourne hungers! http://www.wowhead.com/npc=66936Novilica7 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 [Story] A Good Life Author's Notes: I've been working on this for a while and working with several avenues concerning the story's direction. I would be pleased to get feedback - as long as its not too harsh - and I will be posting more as the story progresses. ------------------------------------------------------------- The sound of butterfly wings. That is what she heard as the sunlight filtered through the veil of her lashes to greet her in the morning. The soft beating like a baby’s heartbeat or the breathing of sunflowers when they first opened to greet the day. A small groan elicited through her lips as she couldn’t decide whether or not to get up and enjoy the inviting scent of sweet grass – so sugary and light as the seeds caressed along the soft breeze that gave her goosebumps. Hopelessly perfect. The feeling of the coarse canvas dress that crumpled and hugged at her knees was the perfect counterbalance to the song of the new dawn as it reminded her of the reality of where she was; yet, still not harsh enough that she awoke but instead rolled over and pushed her nose into the burlap sack pillow filled with rice. “Get up, lazy girl!” said a voice with a booming and growling quality to it. In defiance of the voice, Rennali shoved her nose further into the rice pillow she made for herself. The smell of the grains was earthy and filled her nose with a strong scent of the world beneath the cart she slept in. Soil. Rain. A mixture of coarse grains and soft, growing plants. Even the weeds had a benign texture about them. “Girl!” the voice boomed again and this time with a twinge of irritation behind it. Rather than openly defy the being who called out to her, she began to shuffle herself in hopes he would be satisfied with her slow, tortoise-like movements to not call out to her again and ruin her moment of peace. Before she had the opportunity to claim hearing him and doing as he ordered, his large, furry hands gripped the back of her dirty, canvas garb and hoisted her out of the cart as if she were nothing more than a sack of grain or feathers. “Good morning, Master Li!” Rennali announced as she tried to yank herself from her dizzying morning bliss – no help from the cross Pandaren glaring at her from under the shade of his wide-brimmed cap. A disgruntled snort huffed from his flared nostrils as he pushed her down to her feet as if he were intending on planting her right in the dirt. To anyone who saw her now, it was an extreme contrast to the lacquered slippers and ornate gowns she was used to wearing. She wore no shoes; her pale toes covered in a layer thick with dust and wet soil. She had traded in her embroidered silks for a dusty, handmade canvas dress that was only ornamented by a thin brown piece of twine that sat at her hips. Urchin might be the best way to describe her appearance now. --- For days, Lady Sunwhisper had left the care of her estate to the people she trusted the most – anyone but her direct family. Having visited a land as beautiful as Quel’Thalas had been in her memory, she had made a point to stay. It wasn’t until the smell of roasted vegetables and cured tiger steaks that she had willed herself to her new state of mind. During a journey to Halfhill, Rennali had sampled the cooking of a wandering chef and immediately fell in love with the taste and texture of foods she had never before tasted. Something about the peace of freshly-made broth and the intoxicating aroma of cleaned and chopped herbs filled her with a sense of renewal she hadn’t felt in many, many months. Or perhaps it was years. Regardless, she had to know how to make such foods so that she could give the same level of peace to her family and friends who would surely need the kind of motivation that a good, hot meal can provide. It took a lot of courage for her want to ask the large, husky Pandaren to teach her all he knew. Of course, when she did ask, she was met with an immediate and rather irate “No!” Taken aback by the thought that someone so brassy could create something so soulful to the point it nearly sent her into tears… Well, it just didn’t sit well with her. Needless to say, she hadn’t made nearly the impression upon him that she was used to by now with most people, but that certainly didn’t deter her from wanting to learn. Being the clever girl she was, Rennali figured she could shadow him around and simply take notes. After all, he seemed so busy focusing on his food and protecting it he likely wouldn’t notice her in the bushes if she studied him. Right? To help facilitate her being incognito, she sold her expensive clothes and bought the rags she wore now. (Continued)Rennali20 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Do you rename your spells or abilities? For example, I refer to my monk abilities by different names in RP to give them a more "sin'dorei" feel to his martial arts. Rising Sun Kick stays the same. Blackout Kick is Setting Sun Kick Tiger Palm is The Hand of Dawn Revive is Touch of the Phoenix You get the point. Does anyone else, regardless of class, personalize their abilities?Kylverin107 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Looking for Orc-based RP. Pretty simple. Looking for RP guilds that are Orc based, preferably Shamanistic with anti-Hellscream leanings. Please halp? D:Mshindi5 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Quest for Pandaria #3+ Pandaren lifespans o: it's up http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/destination-pandaria/quest-for-pandaria/part-3/1 Metzen also gave a tweet saying Pandaren have roughly human lifespans https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/status/258618843084238849Vicara3 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 [A-RP] Queen's Court: 10/18 8PM ...posted in all places where goodly men are known to gather. ... What: Queen's Court is a roleplaying event hosted by <Blood of Lordaeron> intended to engage the public and provide opportunities for both political and plebeian roleplay. The event is modeled after the traditional right of a monarch to hold court and receive petitions. Where: The Petitioner's Chamber, Stormwind City Keep. When: 8PM server time, Thursday the eighteenth (18th) of October.Asuryån33 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 [IC Forum RP - Silly] I confess.... Confessor Bishop Whitewood sits alone in the confessional of the Cathedral of Light. Her head is bowed in prayer when you enter. "Greetings my Child. Please unburden yourself. I will ease you through so that you may be at peace." ((Okay, hit me with your best silly confession. <3 ))Novellagrace79 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Warcraft Fantasy Battles Warcraft Fantasy Battles So I have always wondered what it would be like to possibly take Warhammer Fantasy battle figurines and then construct them to match themes of Warcraft. The basis is already there and honestly creative painting would finish the rest of the work. What I’m looking for in this thread is fans of both games suggest creative ways to take Warhammer armies and reconstruct them into ‘Warcraft’ armies. Note: It will be impossible to get exact comparisons and some races will ultimately be left out. I.E Dranei Trolls, Gnomes, Worgen, etc. unless really careful conversions are completed. Here is what I have so far: Humans: ... Orcs: ... Blood Elves: ... Dwarves: ... Night Elves: ... Continued in post 2-:Felthier12 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 SHOW OFF DEM X-MOGS GUUUUURL (mop edition!?) MOP! NEW EXPANSION! NEW ARMOR! Has anyone succeeded in making an awesome new xmog out of the new MOP armor yet? While I'm sticking with Verdant's patented "leafy green" look, MOP provided the gloves and chestpeice for my 2nd Druid that looks just right with the set I was working on. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/moon-guard/Nevermoor/simple Oh isnt 'e gorgeous!~~~~~~ On a side note, I'm really starting to love everything about Worgen. I think I'm having as much fun with my Worgen as...dare I say it...my Night Elf. :o How 'bout you folks? Spent any time xmogging with the new gear?Verdantclaw45 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 @Tronso "You are a pariah. Yet they call you ally. You are a pariah. Yet you champion Valor. You are a pariah. Yet you find strength in the light. Pariah's serve only one purpose. To be stoned to death. A traitors demise." And then I got a bloody rock with you letter. I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. If you leave me alone that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you. ... Jokes aside, anyone else get a letter like this?Tiraus10 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 (H - Forum RP) Maman Jassou's Voodoo Advice All around Azeroth a series of posts are found pinned up to buildings, found in bars and inns. They are penned in ornate script in Orcish and Zandali. "Many folks have sought me out in the Isles for advice, talismans, blessings and hexes. But I was easy to find then and the need to explore had not hit me in some time. I have become harder to find for these past clients and for future ones. So, I have brought my services mobile. While advice is easy to give through correspondence, my blessings and magic are not. For advice, please leave an anonymous note and I will respond in due time. For others... the couriers know how to find me." OOC: Think of it as Dear Abby, except with Trollish Voodoo! For more serious mojo workings please send an in-game mail or tell to Adjassou.Adjassou0 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Best place to RP as alliance? I cant seem to find anywhere, I've tried SW, Exodar, Darnassus, and IF, no luck. All I've ever seen are: 'LFM GILNEAZ RP 10+ PLZ OK LOLZ'Shanamui23 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 So...how much time HAS passed... I've been trying to figure out the time it has been from Warcraft III to MoP, but so far I've just managed to pull random numbers. Is there any accurate time frame between these? Thanks in advance.Cøron10 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 King Varian Audio Spoilers http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1212414-King-Varian-Wrynn-PTR-5-1-Spoiler-Sound-Files-and-othersCladriah10 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 5.1 and Vol'jin (Spoilers) Som even more info on what happens to Vol'jin! And more awkwardness for Kor'kron! After the attempt on his life in his scenario, he's barely alive (due to regeneration), and it was in this state that he was found by Chen. After helping him with some acupuncture Vol'jin hands you a hearthstone and gets you in touch with Thrall and you go with him to the Echo Isles to find it's full of Kor'Kron Subjugators positioned there because Garrosh apparently expects an uprising... http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32284-someone-you-should-see http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32318-regeneration-takes-time http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32319-find-thrall http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32320-the-horde-is-family http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32372-de-subjugation (Kudos to Duskworn from HoV)Skullcrusha68 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 'Ello 'ello once again. It's been a while, MG.Stonehealer5 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Question for non-Pandaren Monks. Did you give your Monk a Pandaren style name? If so, why?Shrilinda12 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 :c What. Right when I think I'm going to be able to return, there appears to be a problem concerning World of Warcraft itself. Despite being able to install the game's installation client, whenever I press 'install', or, for that matter, any button on the installation launcher, it's non-compliant. What can I do to resolve this mystery problem, Moon Guard?Forte23 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 people who Inspire me on MG so who all inspires you? Q: You have the ability to understand almost everything I say. and that is an accomplishment. Moorwhelp: you've come a long way since I met you and you got the miliage to proove it. Ferenold: You are just an awesome guy when that whole thing that happened with the you know who that shal not be named. You spammed hugs at me. it was awesome I felt the love and whent to tell you, and I took a chance and joined Clergy, IM sad to see you had left. Gurvir: Gurvir, you are an enigma rapped in an enigma wrapped in an anomely there is no better words to discribe you you are an all around fun guy and I hope you never brandish me with your hot irons. Kellnath: you've had your problems, You said some crud people didnt like, but we are all human, we've had our differences but I Don't care what you have said, you are a cool guy. and maybe one day you will be seen as that by other people, but till then, stay cool. (no litterly I think you might be a red head :P) Karob: you are an awesome roleplayer, with an awesome tabard. there is nothing more awesome then that tabard that I have allways wanted but can't have. Arfax I think your name is?: you we're able to intelengently hold a debate with me over something you didnt believe in, in the end I think we both learned stuff, and thats what a healthy debate is for. Merryweather: you know there is no words to discribe how awesome you are. to describe such a word would cause the universe to implode from the sheer awesomeness. there is many others that I respect and admire. or even feel are cool people. if you wern't mentioned in this thread do not fret. I respect everyone on this forum. we come from a heavely trolled server, and we Have to fight for our right to RRRRRRR P! *cough* sorry *cough* any ways You guys are all awesome in your own little wayHazel109 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 New announcement shortly? From Twitter: "An event 2 years in the making is just a couple hours away. Can’t wait! #Pandaria" "@Bashiok 1.5hrs to go, hope you brought a change of clothes!" What could it be?Finaj57 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 [A-RP] <Grey Haven> Change in Management! A flyer is tacked up on the notice board. On top is an emblem of three rings intertwined with a soft, grey ink. The following is written in simple yet fluid font, pulled slightly to the right. ...Salleypoe160 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 LOCK LOOKING FOR RAID GUILD lock looking for raiding guild. level 25 guilds onlyNoçtis0 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Farewell, My Friend This is my farewell thread for a player with whom I have shared countless hours enjoying each others' company. Within this roleplaying community, both in-game and out, this player has been a good friend to me. We've shared both laughter and sorrow, good times and bad, and all throughout have remained committed to staying friends. For Kalor'ei, her character was a good wife, a best friend, a tender lover, and a loving mother of two. For me, she will always be attached to some of my fondest memories. We met during the peak of my college career, and she is one among few others I would rather have spent my time with. Since that time, both she and I have moved on to bigger and better things. I've since graduated, and both of us have moved out of our old homes. But, as I took the first steps into my career - searching for and finding temporary work while searching for more permanent work - I began to play the game less and less. We grew apart where the game was concerned, but we still made a concerted effort to keep in touch - we still do to this day. A few days ago, she told me that she planned to transfer to another server. She's become an accomplished raider, and is currently looking forward to joining a 6/6 heroic team. I'm happy for her. Wherever she goes, whatever she does, I want her to be having fun - in the end, that's what we're all here for. Farwell, Vissara. Godspeed and good luck. P.S.: We can still do five-mans at 90 with cross-realm groups, so there's that. :D P.P.S.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p91qG6fme_AKalorei1 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Forum Game! Random item. http://www.wowhead.com/random Copy. Paste. Hit Enter until you get an equippable item. This will be the item you use to take on Garrosh. GO! Battered Viking Shield I have a shield, apparently.Melithiria36 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 <Horde Emissary> LF late night raiders Hi, We are currently looking for late night raiders. Start times will be 10:30 pm server. Tuesday, and Wednesday. Days may change. Please contact us in game if you are interested, or seek more information. We will be doing 10 and 25 man content.Dartfall0 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Cinderfizzle (A Goblin's Tale) Once upon a time, a long time ago, there lived a young goblin named Fizzlethwaite. Her eyes were large and golden, her skin was a most desirable shade of olive green, and her hair was soft and silky, just the color of freshly changed rocket fuel. Fizzlethwaite lived with her father in Azshara, working for the Goblin King designing many great engineering inventions. Fizzlethwaite's father was very well known and very rich, both things important to a goblin...but his greatest pride and joy was his daughter. "One day, Fizzlethwaite," he would often say, "You will be the greatest engineer in Azeroth!" Fizzlethwaite had absolutely no doubt that this was true, especially with the plans for the Spectrecles she was working on. These were a pair of wondrous goggles that would allow the wearer to see and harness the power of The Great Beyond. She wasn't exactly sure what The Great Beyond was, or how to harness its power...or what, if anything, one was supposed to do with it. It was a work in progress. But things weren't always fated to be so peaceful. Fizzlethwaite's father had lost his wife soon after Fizzlethwaite was born in a horrific quillboar accident, and the lonely Azshara nights got long. So it was, soon after her sweet 16th birthday, Fizzlethwaite got a new stepmother. Grizzlemopp came with two daughters of her own, Mixie and Trixie, who were not interested in engineering in the slightest. They spent their time huddled over copies of PlayHorde, giggling and fantasizing dreamily about such hunks as Gamon and Lor'themar. March's centerfold consisted of Garrosh Hellscream in a loincloth, which caused them to scream with fangirlish delight for two whole hours. Fizzlethwaite began spending a lot of her time in the lab, tinkering with her Spectrecles. Then, one day, tragedy struck. While adjusting the cogs on his new AutoBombing Chicken, Fizzlethwaite's father was blown to tiny pieces. Everyone was devastated, but none more than Fizzlethwaite, who was now orphaned. Things didn't improve much for her after that, as Grizzlemopp made her move out of the house and start sleeping above the lab. "Well, really," she reasoned. "Your father only left us a large fortune, after all, not a huge one. I need the house for myself so I can contain the magnitude of grief I feel at his passing." The magnitude of her grief soon included seventeen new mechanohawgs, a turboprop aeroplane, and several mechanical gnome servants. Of course, the money didn't last long after that, and Fizzlethwaite was forced into rags, cleaning up after her stepmother and stepsisters. Poor Fizzlethwaite! Her beautiful green skin was soon stained with oil and soot as she cleaned the mechanohawgs, her soft silky hair was frizzy with dirt, and she had no time at all to work on her Spectrecles. They sat on a top shelf of the abandoned lab, gathering dust. "One day, I will be the greatest engineer in Azeroth!" she sniffled as she cried herself to sleep every night, great tears dripping off the end of her goblin nose. A year after this, a letter arrived by carrier rat at the manor, addressed to the ladies of the house. "Oh, look!" cried Grizzlemopp, "We're being invited to a Grand Engineer's Ball, hosted by the High Society of Engineers in Orgrimmar! How simply splendid. I must attend, there might be a young, handsome, rich engineer who could fill the magnitude of my grief..." "High Tinker Mekkatorque will be there." mused Fizzlethwaite, looking at the invitation. "Perhaps the Gnomish engineers might know how to perfect my Spectrecles." "Ha, as if you're going." sniffed Mixie and Trixie. "You spend so much time in cinders and soot, they'd probably mistake you for spare parts! Ha ha ha! Cinderfizzle, Cinderfizzle!" they sang at her, pelting her with spare bolts until she ran from the room, crying. Fizzlethwaite watched with growing depression as her stepmother and stepsisters decked themselves out in their finest clothes for the ball, then strapped on goggles and caps for the long zepplin ride to Durotar, leaving the manor in a cloud of dust and oil on three brightly polished mechanohawgs. In a rage, she took down the Spectrecles and threw them at the wall. "Stupid ball!" she shouted. "Stupid mechanohawgs! Stupid Spectrecles! I'll never be the greatest engineer in all Azeroth! Never! Never! Never!" she slumped against the wall of the lab, sobbing, and didn't notice for a while that when the Spectrecles had hit the wall, something buzzed. Something clicked. Something whirred. And the Spectrecles turned on. (cont)Tzipara6 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 [H] CRZ Event hosted by Sundial Academy Greetings from Sundial Academy on the server Wyrmrest Accord! We are holding our very first ever class since the opening of Sundial Academy. We would like you to come join us for this event. We highly encourage you to bring your friends. What we aim to do by this is foster RP across the realms and bring our battlegroup closer together as a singular entity. The class starts tomorrow on Wednesday the 17th at 8PM MG realm time in the Royal Exchange Library/Hookah Lounge. The subject of this class will be General Magics with guest speaker Taldin LaMaunte of the Royal Apothecary Society. Should anyone have any questions please feel free to ask away in this thread and I'll do my best to answer.Royceweiss2 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 [IC] Wanted Poster Hung all around Stormwind, especially near Holy grounds ~ ... (( OOC notes: This is Purius's storyline. The Scarlet Hammer is not directly involved and does not have the time to devote to this. Please be respectful of their already full plates if you want to get involved. If you don't want to get involved, feel free to not to. We love you anyways. *hugs* Also: If Purius is in SW now, he's most likely OOC. Do not engage him unless you know he is in fact. IC and Purius in that IC capacity. <3 ))Novellagrace62 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Mely Dev Discussion: Trade Skills So, trade skills. Generally MMOs often have 'trade skills' or 'professions' your character can take. Some don't and do away with the whole thing but that would leave us with nothing to talk about on this subject. So! Let us break this down in the three parts: Acquisition, progression and expansion. Acquisition Acquisition is how you obtain and are doled out your trade skills and what limitations you're given on them. Over the years there have been some MMOs who have done this different ways. There are three main camps with variants within those camps. 1. Auto Grouped. This is the system LotRO uses and is the most mainstream MMO that works off this. With this system you aren't choosing individual trade skills but an umbrella vocation with complimenting trade skills tied to it. For instance, in LotRO taking the 'Armorer' vocation earns you the tailoring, metalworking and prospecting skills, all of which tie into making armors and prospecting fuels metalworking. Likewise, the Yeoman vocation has you take farming, cooking (the former fuelling the latter) and tailoring. With this system you automatically learn gathering skills appropriate for your other trades. If one of your trades needs metal ore, you'll always have prospecting. If your trade requires raw food, you'll always have farming. As such, the big pro of this system is that it is easy to use, automatically giving you everything you need, as well as being highly balanced within itself. The obvious con is that this system shackles you to specific trade skills via your vocation, some you may not want or some you've already maxed out. 2. Restricted Choice. This is WoW and SWtOR's model, wherein you have a wide selection of trade skills but they are restricted in the number you can take. With WoW this is 2 main, 4 secondary, and SWtOR it is 3 main with no secondary. These options usually require you to make choices between 'gathering' and 'crafting' trades. Herbalism fuels Alchemy or Inscription in WoW and Scavenging fuels Cybertech, Armormech and Weaponstech in SWToR, for instance. Here you can choose anything you want, with the choice to go without a gathering skill if you so choose, or without a crafting skill if you just don't want to deal with it. The obvious pro for this is the choice, you can do what you want and it is up to you if you want to make things difficult or expensive for yourself. It also allows for easy swapping of skills, if you want to swap one trade for another you can with less difficulty than unlearning something like LotRO's vocations. The con is that certain skills may become unbalanced, such as WoW's mining skill now fuelling 3/8 of its crafting skills, while leatherworking only fuels 1/8. Eventually certain skills become more viable or profitable to take and you have others left in the dust. 3. Free-for-All. This is GW2's system. Here you're allowed to level any and all trade skills and have no restrictions on them. You don't have a designated 'gathering' skill because there is no point to having one, since you'd simply be able to level all of them at once. Instead gathering is just a skill everyone has. The only barrier is that you can only have two active trades at one time, though swapping trades doesn't cause you to lose progress in the given up skill, allowing you to level everything to max if given enough time and dedication. The only thing you need to do when swapping between trades is pay a gold fee. The pros are straight forward. No need to choose your path, you can do all of them. Now you don't need to unlearn skills if one becomes sub par, they just get put on the back burner. This also has the advantage of allowing each trade skill to be hyper specialized, since nobody is going to miss out on any of them. And a further advantage is that gathering is reduced less to how much you've levelled it and more what level pick/sickle/wood axe you have equipped. The cons, and many may not consider these cons, is there is too much freedom. Because every skill can be levelled up, now anyone who has the time or gold can simply deck themselves out in the best crafted gear possible without restriction or going to anyone else for aid. Everyone is self sufficient and nobody relies upon anyone else for their needs, shrinking the world and community. As well, the second side effect of this is that it neuters anything balanced about the trades, as one can be head and shoulders above the others and it not matter... and as such this can severely hurt other trades if they don't compete (Cooking, for instance in GW2 is insanely expensive to level and the the benefits are marginal). And lastly, the biggest con (in my opinion) is it hurts character turnover. It becomes more and more difficult to give up a 'main' upon learning every trade skill and destroys the need to level anything on other characters, every alt simply being a mule and supplier of raw goods for the main.Melyria41 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Launcher issue Having an issue with my wow launcher. When i Load the launcher and hit "play" it keeps restarting the launcher. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?Adamm0 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Question for my fellow Scarlet Crusade RPers. I wrote this character several years ago and she's been on a shelf ever since Wrath came out. I recently decided to reroll her here on Moon Guard and I've been working on a story to explain her pretty much falling off the face of the earth for the past few years. Now here's where I need your help... I can't seem to find a definitive answer on when the Argent Crusade took over Hearthglen. Was it before everyone shipped off to Northrend or did it occur after Arthas' death? I've been operating under the assumption that the Argents have held Hearthglen since shortly after the Argent Dawn was merged with Tirion's new order of the Silver Hand, thus creating the Argent Crusade. Now the reason I ask is that it's an essential part in Red's story, as she was born in Hearthglen and served the Scarlet Crusade there since its formation. I've written what I think is a decent story about what's happened to her since Hearthglen was taken by the Argent Crusade, but before I post it and consider it part of her history, I wanted to be sure I have my facts straight. So... Can anyone help?Redwynn17 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Can your character twerk? Well, can they? ... i should go to bedCalmai49 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Nevermind. It's fixed.Karob2 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 The Heart of Fear Admiral Alex Kralie of the Alliance Fleet "Marble Hornet" stood next to First Mate Tim, looking out at the shore of the Krasarang Wilds as their ship made its way towards the continent of Pandaria. The two Human males were excited to visit the new land, although there was a slight tinge of both anxiety and nervousness deep within them. There had been downtime for the two since Deathwing's defeat, and although they had been very busy during the time of the Cataclysm, they were ready to go on their next adventure. What better place was there than Pandaria, the land of mystical mysteries? Coming to this new place was an excellent opportunity, for the both of them to have adventure and to help out their beloved faction known as the Alliance, although by the time their adventure would end they may have wished that they never left home... An anchor was thrown overboard once they reached land, and the ship's crew hopped out onto the sandy surface. Pointing in various directions, Alex began to give orders to his men, quickly getting to work. "Alright, put down markers here and there. That's where we're going to make our first buildings for our operations. Also, we're going to get to work creating the dock after that, so start gathering supplies, these trees here look quite useful." After giving his orders, Admiral Alex glanced around, looking at the thick line of trees nearby, whenever something caught his attention. Among the dark was something blacker than what was typical for the shade of trees, and he squinted as he tried to recognize what it was. All he was able to see was the outline of a Human man, although he was taller than average. Alex opened his mouth to call out to the figure, but before he could, he heard a shout coming in the opposite direction, and he turned his head to look over towards the path that lead further into Pandaria to see another Human man running towards him, dressed in a cloth uniform and waving his hands around. What looked to be a mailbag was over his shoulder, and in one hand was what looked to be a folded letter, which he waved about frantically. The man only took a second or two to glance around, before seeing Alex and running up to him. He was panting, but he quickly spoke after standing before him. "You must be the Admiral, I am Courier Brian. I have been sent to notify you that you and First Mate Tim are to immediately report to an important political figure who is currently residing on the Veiled Stair here in Pandaria. He says that it is urgent, and it concerns the safety of the Alliance, and the world as a whole." Alex gave Brian a confused and strange look, before nodding slowly. "Well, I don't understand why I would be summoned, but it is our duty to protect the Alliance, so be it." Looking over, Alex saw his First Mate nearby, before then beckoning him over. Raising an eyebrow, Tim walked over, eyeing Brian up and down. He then looked back to Alex. "What is it?", Tim asked matter-of-factly. Alex motioned to Brian and the letter he was holding before speaking. "Yourself and I have been requested to visit someone further inland. It's urgent and we are to go immediantly." Tim just shrugged. "Fine, I'm ready to go when you are." Alex glanced around, before looking over at a particular sailor who stood next to the grounded ship. "Seth! Come over here!" The sailor stared off at the tree line, but blinked his eyes and looked over at the Admiral as his name was called to. He then quickly walked over. "Yes sir?" Alex motioned along the shore, pointing to everybody nearby and the going-ons. "I'm leaving you temporarily in command until we return." Seth looked surprised, but nodded. "Uh, ok sir." Alex then looked back to Brian, who himself appeared nervous and had a flushed face, just as it was whenever he arrived on the shore line. "I suspect you'll be leading us to this Veiled Stair?" Brian just nodded quickly before beckoning the two to follow him, before then quickly walking back down the path. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brian's nervous facial expression remained as the three men walked up the large flight of stairs, beginning to cough for yet a third time while Alex remained serious but slightly annoyed, all while Tim mumbled and grumbled to himself, muttering about various annoyances of the long walk they were taking and being obviously more irritated. It didn't take long before Tim began to speak. "Why the hell are we walking so long a distance, and to some place that is obviously bad news, judging by it's name? This is such a bad idea, we don't even know who this person we're going to is or what he wants." Alex just rolled his eyes, him and Brian continuing to go up the steps. Eventually they reached the top of the stairway, panting as they looked up to the more-grassy side of the hill, a wooden-bambo building nearby. Standing at the doorway was a tall man.Slenndermann0 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 What do you miss about the old world? Towns? Quest lines? Share what you miss the most about Azeroth before the Shattering.Praxos54 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 <The Lightbringer Remnant> Needs You! A middle-aged paladin, older than he may seem, sits in a popular inn you all frequent. If anyone happened to ask him about the tabard he sports, they would be told the story of Uther Lightbringer and the great work that the Argent Dawn did so many years ago. They would hear the tragedy of how after Uther's death, the Dawn became desperate and and banded together with the despicable Scarlet Crusade, sacrificing morals and values for combat efficiency and militaristic advantage. The Light had grown dim in the Crusade long ago, when they chose to become overzealous and inconsiderately genocidal. The few that didn't join with this new Crusade chose to abandon the Light altogether, or serve their own means and causes. This Paladin introduces himself as Martyrum, a name given him by the Paladins he shared the battlefield with, because of his sincere fervor for the Light and his willingness to die for the Light and Uther's cause. Goldshire has become a cess-pit. Escorts are peddled in broad daylight. Debauchery is prevalent at every turn. King Varian turns a blind eye to the misdoings of these miscreants, and Stoutmantle is too busy oppressing the homeless to answer Martyrum's cries for assistance. He suspects the local marshal is on the take, be it in coin or company. This is not the Azeroth he has spent his life defending. But he will make it so, or he will die trying. The ultimate devotion to Uther's cause: -The eradication of the Scourge. - The Purification of Azeroth's inhabitants. He then informs his audience that he is seeking to rebuild upon the Remnant of Lightbringer's vision, and that he is in dire need of assistance. Will you answer this desperate plea from a dying and subjugated Azeroth? Join <The Lightbringer Remnant> today, and help put a stop to corruption and wickedness. Welcome to the Remnant. Welcome to the Revolution.Martyrum1 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Has it been 5 months already? Hello again MG. I'm back, but I don't know for how long. Some of you may remember me as Hemorrhage, others as Nerfmagnet, others as Corday, but most likely the names Fortunes and Prosperous will ring the most bells. I'd post from those toons but I can't because the account those toons are on is unable to make forum posts anymore. I just wanted to say hi. How are things?Frentengam2 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 New vol'jin model Untextured at the moment, but still. Finally has a beard! O: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/october/voljinuntextured.jpgVicara12 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 I just wanted to say... ... I've been thoroughly enjoying each and every moment I've had rping with you good folks of Moon Guard. You guys have been awesome! Keep up the great work!Bestiarius2 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Dear Moon Guard. If you woke up one day, and found this in your house, what would you do? http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/926/79258457771961882316n.jpgGilinda16 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Apology @Kindasober Gnome DK I'm sorry I attacked you in the middle of the Dread Wastes. I'm sure you were doing your dailies like I was. I just mistook you for a spider as I tabbed through my targets. P.S. Good duel.Deviantios5 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 [IC] Whispers of Honor A great hawk appeared in the night sky over Orgrimar, seemingly in freefall. It's wings were held close to it's body and it's beak angled severely downward as it streaked towards the ground. Right before impact it's wings unfurled and it arched upwards, slowing it's decent. The hawk then transformed in midair from a bird of prey to a bovine form and landed gently on the front stoop of the Wyverns Tail, one of the many hole in the wall drinking establishments in the city. Borisha loved flying in her bird form almost as much as she enjoyed drinking. She pushed the hood off of her head and entered the tavern. The air in the place was smokey as it was was filled with torches, candles and patrons smoking pipes clustered in the main room. The Kork'ron Legion, Borishas unit, had returned from Panderia and were given a fortnight to Rest and Recuperate. Which, as any good horde soldier knows means drinking, singing and fighting. Nearly all the races in the Horde were represented in the tavern but the vast majority were either Orcish or Tauren. As she surveyed the room she could clearly distinguish that the groups of merry makers were divided along mostly racial lines, the Tauren were pretty much keeping to themselves, as were the Orcs. The Kork'ron were the Hordes most elite fighting group and when they were in battle they were nearly seamless in their unity. On their off time, however, things were different. She spied a round table populated by Tauren with an empty seat and moved to join them. "Huzzah!" she shouted as she approached the table. "Lok'tar Ogar!" two of them responded as they raised their dirty mugs filled with a frothy beverage. She took a seat and beckoned to the Troll bar maid who was weaving her way through the great room. "Bring us a half-barrel of Mulgore firewater!" she said as she reached into her pouch to toss a small leather bag of coins at the bar maid. "Yus, ma'am," the Troll replied in her thick accent and scuttled off to the bar. There were three other Tauren at her table, two young bulls who were loudly guffawing and jostling each other as an old bull at the table was regaling them with tales of waring and whoring. The old bull's name was Bohriis and the two youngers were Tosaney and Cheetum. When the half barrell was brought Borisha placed it in the center of their table and bade them drink their fill, and after toasting to her good health, they did just that. Mostly she just sat and listened. She laughed when Bohriis told a joke and gibed him when his stories seemed exagerated, but mostly she just watched, trying to gauge the type of soldiers these were. The old bull loved to tell stories and the two young ones, green recruits, loved to listen. Across the room there were an even dozen orcs all clustered around three tables shouting and growling and laughing at each other. Every few minutes one would act out of sorts and break a glass, threaten another or grope for the troll bar maid, who's blouse was not nearly spacious enough to cover her large bosoms. Every once in awhile, when the ruckus from the far wall would be so loud to interrupt Bohriis' story telling, the old bull would snort loudly in annoyance and glare across the room. She waited for Bohriis to finish one of his stories and take a long drink from his cup before she tried to enter the conversation. "It is very nice to see so many Tauren back in the city. It has been so long since...Cairne," she said trailing off. "HA!," Tosaney laughed with indignity, spewing some unfinished brew from his snout, "It would have been longer still had not the Warchief sent an emissary requesting the assistance of more mighty Tauren to aid in conquering the Panderian continent." "Ah," she responded, speaking in Taurahe, "so it was a request then? I had heard it was a command." The old bull narrowed his eyes and peered briefly at Borisha before interjecting, also in the native tongue of the Tauren., "When the Warchief calls, all the Horde must answer."Borisha3 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Not saying DKs are overpowered, but..... ......mine just did a 700k Soul Reaper. Yes, I'm still giggling.Tzipara14 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 @Sophi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSO4ZvMs5Ck That is all.Simplify1 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 The Stories of Arathor Hi everyone! This is a post for those people who have Arathi characters and would like to share the lore they've written for it. This includes: Rumors/history you may have added to better explain where your character came from. Traditions you'd like to include that are maybe somewhat known. (Even if it's just your community.) History of the land/area your character is from. Not all land/towns are going to be the same, after all! I'll be updating with some of the player made lore that I have, as well as compiling the lore into a book of sorts, for my IC records. (If you don't mind. Please list if you don't want your tradition/story marked in an IC record book.) (Yes, I'm totally back for Arathi Rp again. I'm just in the process of moving, and thus gone quite a bit. But, if anyone wants to set anything up, let me know!) Awaiting your stories! (I'll update a few soon as well.)Hellissa33 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 [A] House Norwood Lvl. 25 & Seeking officers! Due to the new expansion chaos, we are looking for three individuals interested in officer roles in the Guild. These roles will be filled but the applicants filling the spots will be subject to a two week trial period where they will be closely monitored Those applying must be capable of providing decent grammar, helping to organize events, -must- be active on a daily basis and must be willing to go through an interview process prior to being inducted into the guild. ... Organization and Ranks: Lord-Commander | - Marshal (Highest Officer rank) - Advisor (Middle Officer rank) - The High Guard (Lowest Officer rank) | - Champion - Exemplar - Herald - Conscript - Oathsworn | - Hopeful (Newcomer / Newly joined) Purpose and Pursuit: - To restore the House Norwood as a once prominant fixture in northern Lordaeron. - To restore Andorhal to the thriving city that it once was. - To unite any willing to serve under the banner of House Norwood. How to Join: - Contact Darohn / Huric / Io via in-game mail and or private message. - After initially contacting Darohn, you will be subject to a private oath-taking ceremony. - Upon completion of the oath, you will then be sworn in under the banner of Norwood. Rules and Membership: - All classes and races are accepted. - Drama is not tolerated on any level. - Discrimination, wether racial or otherwise, will be treated with guild removal. - All meetings are mandatory for all members online. Refusal to attend will result in removal from the guild. This rule is more lenient towards officers, however. - Missing fourteen consecutive days and / or four or more events per month may result in guild removal. Asking for time off, however, is encouraged if in fact you know you will be away for an extended length of time. - Any actions that negatively reflect on the guild, it's purpose or it's members in an OoC environment will result in strict disciplinary actions / possible removal from the Guild. Miscellaneous: - We are a level 25 guild. - We have all the bank tabs as well as unlimited daily repairs for all members. - We are very active and at nearly fifty members. - We are incredibly devoted to our members. If you're new to RP? We're more than glad to 'show you the ropes', so to speak. - We are recruiting heavily.Darohn3 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Frostytroll in Wonderland... ... Alright guys, so this is just a silly RP thread. Post a picture of a real life person along with a made up name of your choice. With your similarly stricken Earthling kinsmen you will go on an Alice in Wonderland-esque adventure with the twist being that you are in 5.0 patch Azeroth. This person doesn't have to be the real you. I won't be posting myself and it's not a requirement at all. Post a picture of whoever you want, be they a god-like bodybuilder, beautiful actress, or a hilariously fat comedian. Drawings and such are acceptable as well. If you want to roleplay as yourself, feel free, but as I said do what you want. Act I - Earth Raiding Party Forms (a.k.a the introductions) All players will be washing up on shore at the Wreck of the Vanguard in Jade Forest after the "Alliance Player" has already searched the ship and massacred a few dozen hozen. http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29555/the-white-pawn#map This is your chance to meet up, learn who everyone is, and plan your first move before the DM sets up the next stage of the game. I will be fulfilling the role of Dungeon Master in this thread, as well as playing it myself, and if you have any questions please direct them at me in Out Of Character quotes. To be perfectly clear on the divide between DM and player, I will make my DM posts using Frostytroll and my player posts using Dorick. There, I think that's it. The introduction post is complete. I will be making my own first In Character post in a moment.Frostytroll1 Oct 17, 2012