Moon Guard

Sep 10, 2012 Roleplaying Dilemma Hello, Moon Guard. Recently, I've reached a bit of a stopping place in terms of character development for Vol'kuza here, and I thought that some of you might be able to offer me some advice on what to do. Vol'kuza began as bit of a trickster, who loved to creep other people out, and, on occasion, delve into some of the more darker practices of his people. When I began the Shadowdrum Tribe, he had reached a milestone of sorts, as leading a group takes a large amount of responsibility, both IC and OOC. He had several friends and allies at this point, and even a mate (who would bear him two children later). A Horde loyalist, and an optimist at heart, he made sure that all who followed his guidance would be protected and well cared for. When I left WoW, and the Shadowdrum, I returned to a Vol'kuza that was quite different. Most, if not all of his friends had disappeared (left the game), including his mate, and as a result, his children were never seen again. I thought I would able to roll this into his persona in a smooth manner, but seemingly, all it did was mold him into a smoldering cauldron of seriousness and bitterness. His entire life revolves around the Antu Bloodguard at this point, and he has almost no ability to connect to other people in a personal manner. Now, this may be an OOC problem just as much as it is an IC problem. I don't feel comfortable having Vol'kuza sit around in a bar, having a drink and relaxing. I don't feel comfortable having Vol'kuza tell a joke, or even smile in a genuine manner. Many things that I used to do with Vol'kuza now seem entirely bizarre based off what this character has become. I would very much like to get Vol'kuza back and not be stuck with "generic angry Troll NPC". Wat do, Moon Guard?Volkuza15 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 Character Exercise! I was digging through old joystiq stuff* and stumbled across this rather lengthy exercise. I'll be working on it off and on throughout the day. How about you folks? What do I want most out of life? Why? What brought me to want this most? How do I go about getting what I want in life? What kind of mundane pleasures do I seek? Why? How would I describe myself (physical appearance, temperament) to someone? How do I view myself? How do I want others to view me? How well-kept am I? Do I bathe and groom regularly? How do I feel about my appearance? What is my biggest character flaw? (Every character has at least one -- look at character flaws as something that makes your character more human and more interesting, not as a weakness to be avoided.) What do I hide from others? What secrets do I keep? Who do I like to associate with? Why? How do I act around family? How much does my family mean to me? Would I give my life for a family member's life? How do I act around strangers? How much do strangers mean to me? Would I give my life for a stranger's life? How do I act around friends? How much do my friends mean to me? How valuable or replaceable are they? Would I give my life for a friend's life? Do I speak more casually or formally? Do I use jargon a lot? Do I get straight to the point with my conversation, meander, or take forever to get my meaning across? How would I react if someone or something (animal, earthquake, evil villain) threatened my life? The life of a friend? The life of a family member? The life of a total stranger? What do I value most? What do I value least? What behaviors and beliefs in others upset me? Anger me? Worry me? Draw me to them? How do I behave when I'm upset? Angry? Sad? Do I believe in a religion or a god or gods? In something else? Do I tend to uphold the laws of the land? A personal code? When do I break these laws or my personal code? Why? What do I want my future to be like? What is the best-case scenario, the worst, and something in between? Figure out these scenarios -- how will I respond to them? Is my character the type to hurt or kill? Would I feel remorse for doing so? What justifies harming another? Would my character harm or kill himself or herself? Why? What scenarios would drive my character into these situations? What is a life of paradise to your character? What is hell?... *http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/02/25/help-your-roleplay-character-along-with-a-character-questionaire/Khorias0 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 Temporary leave. As of right now I'm on a temporary leave from World of Warcraft. I was injured pretty bad in a car wreck a couple of you weeks ago and I need to take some time out to heal up because I've had complications with a few injuries. Huric, Io and Ele will lead in my absence. I'm sorry to anybody I've let down and anybody that is given up on me but I have to do this because I have to get better.Darohn7 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 What Are You Doing Tonight/This Morning, MG? http://i.imgur.com/n70zt.jpg Stories, screenshots. What's the plan?Baenhoof97 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 To those asking me: Yes, I'm still Argent. Ruvias is not an IC member of DotS-- just OOC missed having my main in my first home. I still <3 Empyrean and reside in Hearthglen. /continue heretical Argent hate and all that jazzRuvias345 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 [Forum Game] What song is that? Bored now! Let's test eachother and see who knows that song!? Pretty simple in itself. You post a small section of a song and see what people know the song! Once you answer, post your section of a song! Let's see how far we go! I'll start!: I want to love you, feel you, wrap myself around you I want to squeeze you, please you, I just can't get enough And if you move real slow I let it go!Kinria65 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 [A]Rp/Rp-Pvp potential Seo Imperium Whilst the rest of Azeroth focused its attention on Deathwing, and now the arrival of a new species and the discovery of a new land, there are always other threats our world faces. The world is vast, the universe even more vast; our world’s history is long and the list of our enemies even longer. There are times we face opponents who we don’t know, but they know us. Who will battle the denizens of evil, who threaten our world when our backs are turned to the darker corners of Azeroth? Our world is wounded; this we all know. The scars that Deathwing and the Twilights Hammer Cult left in their horrific wake will, quite possibly, never heal. But that does not mean we give in or give up. That is where we, of <Seo Imperium>, lend our expertise. We of the Imperium have faced our own battles, battles that the rest of the world didn’t have the time to fight. And, while we faced many creatures, from rogue demons and Twilight Occultists, to vicious Naga and the nameless undead- we never stopped fighting, no matter the cost, no matter the risk. We trained each other, we grew close as a family, and we grew into more than just a paramilitary order whose designated task was to protect our world. We became a shining example of what it means to be a part of our world: making sacrifices for the greater good. Now, with the fall of Deathwing and so many battle scars on the faces of almost every Azerothian, we face a new era. Many of us hoped it would be an era of peace and prosperity. We of the Imperium know better. There is always a new threat to face; be it the horde or the endless armies of unnamed, grudging enemies. What I, Praetorian Captain Mea’karo, can guarantee you is that we will not back down. We of the Imperium will never let our guard down. We will never cease being vigilant of ever dark corner of Azeroth, be it in our own backyard in Stormwind, or the furthest reaches of Outlands. We know that any evil that exists must be extinguished and we aren’t afraid to take the fight to them! And to that end I hope you hear my plea, and know that whilst <Seo Imperium> has had many years of experience in protecting Azeroth, we always need to bolster our numbers. We are already strong, and bonded among our people. But with your help, with Azeroth’s help, we can achieve greatness and strength, and bring us the peace that we have longed for since the birthing of our world. So take up arms! Face the peril of what lies in the dark! Combat the Horde menace when the days call for it and continue to earn your honor, earn your dignity, and avenge every last damn scar they give us! Mea’karo, Praetorian Captain of Seo Imperium Now for the stuffy details (ooc) <Seo Imperium> is a rather old guild, though not quite as old as some, who participate in both roll-based and free-form based events to combat a scripted foe. Sometimes the scripts go awry when the DM (Dungeon Master) decides he wants to spice things up, but that promises an evolving and rewarding event, to where your own character will develop on a personal level. We are looking forward to the MOP expansion and getting into rp-pvp; the option to do so is, of course, personal. We will hold both non pvp and pvp based events, and usually in tandem together though that’s still up for grabs at the moment. As of now, we are working to build up a reputation for ourselves. To that end, I invite not just new faces to join our guild but new guilds to speak with our own. We are open to discussions of alliances or just working together, and we are always looking to make new, vast connections across all plains of communication. Currently, our roleplay events occur up to three times a week. But free form and random rp is a daily for us. Currently we are stationed in Nethergarde, Blasted Lands; and, at almost any time during the day, you can find at least one of us there. Otherwise, you can always whisper me in-game (Greanor) and I’m more than willing to do an interview. If you don’t see me online you can pretty much whisper anyone in our guild (Do /who Imperium for a list of our members) and they will either do an interview with our point you in the direction of someone who can. On that note, we also have a guild website. http://proseoimperium.guildlaunch.com/. Within two weeks of be accepted as a recruit of Seo Imperium, you will be required to fill our application on the guild website. You will not be able to rise through the ranks until you do so. Once you have done so, though, you will find that moving up in rank in Seo is quite easy. It requires just a little time and devotion on your part to our roleplay. For now, thank you for taking your time to read this, your patience and your interest. I hope to see you out in Azeroth, good luck and have fun! :)Greanor2 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 Hey guys. For the warchief. :)Soof10 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 So I found this website... nationstates.net You basically create your own country and role play out ruling it and governing it and whatnot. Just thought I'd throw this out there:)Ariade2 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 I am The Evil; Lady Of makes-you-stub-your-toe-on-your-side-table-at-night-causing-your-dog-to-bark-and-wake-up-your-baby-who-then-starts-crying-loudly-and-has-to-be-settled-down. Who are you the Lord/lady of long and impossibly stupid names?Datocus20 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 Lore Question: Astronomers? Would there be any in the World of Warcraft? What makes them different from astromancers? Thank you in advance. (:Ariade39 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 Karoma and Loque Anyone have any general idea as to what time these two spawn? I've been trying to track these two down for a long time now, and could use some help.Evestasa9 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 I challenge whoever started the rules of RP Whoever started the rules of role-playing, did you ever get the people who role-play vote on your set of rules? Did you make a consensus for us to check off which Role-Playing Rules? No and No. First of all, lets clear up some things: How you Role-Play DOES affect the Role-Play of others, if you are bothered by someone role-playing in a certain manner then simply ignore that person. HOWEVER, if someone has a specific set of rules they adhere to personally, it is NOT IN YOUR RIGHT AT ALL to tell them "You are not role-playing properly"... You are not the BE ALL END ALL of what is considered valid and not valid in role-play. The only BE ALL END ALL would be BLIZZARD THEMSELVES. They have not made a concrete set of guidelines you have to stick to other than HARASSING IS AGAINST THE RULES. So, if you are role-playing AND NOT HARASSING, just role-playing using a different "SET OF PROCEDURES" then you are NOT BREAKING ANY RP TERMS. Now that it has all been cleared out, I would like to add that the roll system for fighting someone is completely ILLOGICAL - contains NO VALID evidence that it should be the superior system. The only argument (not really an argument actually) that I have heard from two players is that "It was made up by someone and the majority decided to follow it"... Ok, so even though the roll system for fighting is broken, you should still follow it like a herd of sheep that have no working mind. First of all, what is this fighting system I am referring to? It is the ROLL SYSTEM. 5 rolls to kill the RP Character from both. Yes, it may SEEM as first that it is fair but in REAL LIFE, do you think a professional MMA BOXER would lose to a beginner boxer - who just learned how to throw a jab, cross, left elbow combo? Obviously, following LOGICAL REASONS, the professional MMA boxer would be much more of a challenge to the beginner boxer, so it will REQUIRE MORE EFFORT from the beginner boxer to dominate the professional MMA boxer. So, let us translate that into RP terms in WoW: It should be that if you are fighting a WoW character that is of higher level than you, it should REQUIRE MORE ROLLS from you (the lower level character) to kill the higher levelled character (your enemy in this case). Simply saying "No it is fair that way" does not give it reason to still be followed because there is no evidence of how it is fair. A level 60 shouldnt be able to kill a level 85 using the same effort. I am using levels because they are really the main way to QUANTIFY and measure expertise in ones class in this game - you can use achievement points, you can use gear, etc... but levels seems to be the simplest way to measure this experience. Basically, I am taking a REALISTIC APPROACH TO WOW RP. For example: 90 vs. 90 (5-5) 80 vs. 90 (6-5) 70 vs. 90 (7-5) 60 vs. 90 (8-5) 50 vs. 90 (9-5) 40 vs. 90 (10-5) 30 vs. 90 (11-5) 20 vs. 90 (12-5) 10 vs. 90 (13-5) (the first number represents the rolls it takes for the level on the left side to kill the lvl 90 and the second number represents the amount of rolls it takes for the level 90 to kill the lower level). =============================== ou claim you are a guard of stormwind. You want to fight a random stranger who you know nothing about. In real life, experience in fighting will determine for the most part, which of these two people would win in a fight. Unless you EXPLICITLY STATE: "I am a beginner guard" or "I am a novice assassin", then levels should be used to measure who has more experience. Note that the dependent variable in this fight is your level. The independent variables is your IC role. If stated explicitly, then your dependent variable becomes the level of expertise so to speak. =============================== No ones set rules are BETTER THAN THE OTHER, but you must stop with this mentality that someone who created the rules back then is the EPITOME of how role-playing should occur. Simple put: Stop getting on your high horse and declaring that the majority rules of role-playing are SUPERIOR, they are NOT (provide evidence to prove otherwise). They do not take a realistic approach at all.Aon194 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 /blink /blank /blink /poke /blank . . .Airolexios34 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 Please stop harassing Roleplayers. Hello, my dear friends from this wonderful server, Moon Guard. I'm not sure if you know me well or not, but if you do, you most likely share my opinion in what I'm about to post here; it concerns multiple harassment attempts (Some have even been successful!) during my, and other RP hosts, Gilneas sessions. As of late (The past three weeks, give or take a few days), I have noticed, along with many others, that some Horde players have been trolling and harassing Alliance Roleplayers in Gilneas and other zones, inciting problems for their Roleplays. Not only have many of my fellow Roleplayers lost hope in doing these Roleplays (Something that has already been partly caused by the removal of Have Group, Will Travel), but these Horde will simply not give up their trolling. They do it at least once a day, and mostly do it in Gilneas. I will not name the names of these Horde players, but I think they know who they are, should they come across this thread. A lot of others do, as well. You have not only caused multiple problems for all Gilneas Roleplays I have hosted, but you have also harassed players from offthe realm, singling them out when they attempt to tell you to kindly leave so we can continue our Roleplaying. These players are my friends, and I was teaching them how to Roleplay; your harassment has managed to dissuade them from likely continuing to Roleplay on this realm, or any other RP realm, ever again. Not only do you flag in Gilneas and stay flagged, but you get up in our faces. You spit, you cackle, you mock. You wait for someone to accidentally flag, whether it be by a misclick or resurrecting someone you have killed that they don't know was flagged; you kill us, even if we're in Roleplay gear, even if we haven't done a thing to you. You call your Horde friends to join you in harassing our sessions, even going so far as to prevent one of my recent Roleplays from even managing to finish Roles. Not only the above, but you follow us across Eastern Kingdoms, or even across entire continents. I even recall you following us to Theramore, a few days before 5.0.4 was released, and harassing the Roleplayers that were attempting to get away from you. As of late, you have decided to follow us all the way to Stranglethorn Vale for a Survival RP, remaining flagged and waiting for one of us to accidentally click and flag on you. You do not differentiate by level, mainly because we know you do not care. You only want to grief, and cause people to lose hope in Roleplaying; this much information I can safely make an assumption on. I hope that you will see this post and realize: You are making a name for yourselves as some very rude players on Moon Guard. I care not if you are the opposite faction, and I know others agree with me on this one: What you are doing can, in fact, get you in major trouble if you continue down this road. I ask that you kindly leave Roleplayers alone, and let us do what we'd like to in peace. Again, I am sorry for all other Roleplayers on Moon Guard that do not know what I am talking about in this post. I do, however, thank you for your time, and hope that among us, at least a few will understand that many are not satisfied with the Horde players (whom I will not name, as to prevent any further problems from arising) and their multiple harassing actions towards us. Thank you for reading.Céléstia87 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 Your Random Question of the Day If you could have a mount from the game in real life, what would it be? Chicken mount for me. ******* love chicken mounts. EDIT: English was hard to learn, guys >.>Prayers1 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Entertain me, Moon Guard. I am trapped at work without access to YouTube, WoW, Pandora or any other form of 'fun.' There is absolutely nothing to do here today. halpKhorias20 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 [A] [H-RP & RP/PVP] The League of Lordaeron ** A lone banner catches your eye, flapping amongst the undying winds. It is another recruitment post, but it is signed with the royal seal of Lordaeron. Upon closer examination, you read the following: "Races of Azeroth, this is a call to arms for the great cause of Lordaeron. The once great alliance of human city-states, that held this world from the brink of doom against the first Great Horde -must- be reclaimed. We must take back what is rightfully ours, and the Forsaken utterly ousted from the Capital City. Every day our enemies in the Eastern Kingdoms encroach upon what little Alliance footholds we have in the lands of Lordaeron, and it is by the souls of a few great men that we will rekindle hope in our darkest days. The League of Lordaeron was formed many years ago, and even to this day it has still persisted. Our cause is just and true, but we are an order that grows tired over the endless wars waged against the new Horde in unwanted lands. The League's agenda lies solely in every inch of land north of the Wetlands in the Eastern Kingdoms, so that we may restore order and balance to a land ravaged by chaos and fear. We are a paramilitary group that leads strikes against the various Forsaken, Scourge, and other hostile targets that may threaten our grasp upon Lordaeron. While our goals mostly lie in lost lands, we are not shy to help our allies in their hour of need. Hear the righteous cause of Lordaeron, my brothers, my sisters, my faithful comrades-in-arms! Together we will strike back the undead menace that blights our once great homeland!" ** GUILD LEVEL: 25 -=Requirements=- -Good roleplay, a decent grasp of grammar, and the ability to portray your character in a way that doesn't promote god-modding is our major requirement. -IC Interviews must be taken before you are allowed into the guild. Do not join our guild for the perks, expecting to level up with them, before joining in our RP. -There is a hard 40+ level limit, that we only have in place because most of our RP takes place in 40-50 zones. This also shows us you have dedicated enough time to your character that it isn't a simple alt, and we -do- keep an eye on newly created Death Knights. -We also require our members to be active, or state a reason as to why they'll be inactive. Any members who do not state a reason for being absent after a month's time will be kicked indiscriminately. Anyone wanting to come back after such an action has been taken is more than welcome. -Maturity is also something we value highly. We do not have an age limit within our guild, but we expect our members to have a decent grasp of realizing right from wrong and understanding that your actions reflect the entire guild. People who cause problems consistently due to OOC reasons won't be staying in the League for very long. -=Squadrons, Ranks, Chain of Command=- http://i.imgur.com/2jpU9.jpg (A graphic representation of the Chain of Command.) In order to keep our members organized and active we have three specific squads: Soldier Squad (Warriors, DKs, Paladins, Shaman*), Ranger Squad (Rogues/Druids/Hunters/Monks), and finally our Caster Squad (Priests/Magi/Warlocks/Shaman*). Each squadron has a specific role within the League, as well as differing guidelines to a degree. CASTER SQUAD: "The Caster's division of the League of Lordaeron consists of an assortment of Priests, Mages, and other energy wielders who are capable of assaulting enemy forces from a distance. It holds a crucial role in more tactical attacks and is essential for research and development when the League is up against a more challenging foe." RANGER SQUAD: "The Rangers of the League embody the lifeblood of information within the organization. They are a division filled with adept scouts, assassins, saboteurs, spies, and other alternative measures used in the arts of war. If knowledge is power, then this is the strongest squad of the League. While some see their tactics as underhanded in nature, their skills are undeniably useful in the work to reclaim Lordaeron." SOLDIER SQUAD: "The Soldiers of the League are a consistent unit of individuals who are adept in the way of the sword, mace, spear, and many other forms. They are the main bulk of the League's fighting force, which even include stalwart Paladins and invaluable Death Knights. These brave individuals stand tall against our foes, becoming the living shield wall of the League; always in the front of the battlefield, they are as strong as their armor. Their main duty is to protect, and serve Lordaeron." ** (Shamans are split between their IC preference. If they are more of an elemental Shaman, they will be placed in the Caster squad. If they are more of an enhancement Shaman, they will be placed in the Soldier Squad.)Kerdic500 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 I am not leaving, but... OK, It has come to the point in my WoW career, that I ask my self continuously; “Why do they do this?” its been forever since I first played WoW on my own account. This account has been active since I think 2006? 2007? Hardly a vanilla account. And continuously I see something reoccurring that just fills me with so much disappointment. Mobs being taken down and re put up as none elites. These quest mobs? Mobs that players would feel over joyed as they slew them in groups, there used to be cheering on vents as they destroyed a son of grull for the first time. Or as a starting player defeated by him/her./shim/sher/xer, a quest mob that was 10 times their skill level and an elite. I am slowly coming to realize that I as a casual player am getting disappointed at how easy WoW has become, I have never once became a hardcore raider, In fact my most prestigious title came from Uldur after the fact. I had left guilds that got to heavy into the whole raiding scene, it was never a thing for me, I had always been a quester, a person who enjoys my dailies, oh and doing the very occasional raid, with friends. At this point, I am looking at my I think 5 or 6 years of play and wondering... why do I do this? Yes I still enjoy the game, maybe not in the same way when I made my first character. Or when a few months ago got that first character to 85. Maybe its just me, or maybe its just the end of expansion blues, But I almost feel like the World of Warcaft has become.. To easy, To centered to the level someone could play without much thought. Now mind you this is not a “Screw blizzard I am leaving for x and x game”, there is still many aspects of the game I enjoy much to immensely to leave, such as role play, Old world raids, and to some extent achievement hunting. At any rate, I hope MoP really picks things up for me, I am sure it will but hey who knows right?Datocus11 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 WTF!!! You have got to be kidding me! http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/09/07/fishing-no-longer-requires-poles/ I just tried this out and took some screenies which I'm in the process of putting on tinypic to post here. /major boggles. I am incredibly sadness right now! /sniffles. Incoming screenies. 1. http://tinypic.com/r/e7fq80/6 2. http://tinypic.com/r/oko4xy/6 3. http://tinypic.com/r/2b324i/6 4. http://tinypic.com/r/142wyhj/6 5. http://tinypic.com/r/ml2nna/6Shrilinda22 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 why are so many dumb threads being made. Like this one, for example.Asledan56 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Theres alot of pro-warlock threads going... I know the class is popular again cause of the patch and all that, but I can't help but feel it defeats the point of being the hidden untrusted dark occultist if you can rp walk around a city and point out three summoners per city block. Maybe its just me, maybe it'll die down once we get nerfed... (And we will be getting nerfed.)Nixalegos19 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 What's your account total /played? Counting mine up now. 358 Days, 1 Hour. 10 characters totaled.Qerrathien51 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Roleplaying - Human Heritage For Human characters. I assume these: Stormwind-Elwynn-Redridge-Duskwood-Wes… areas: Caucasian Stranglethorn-The Barrens-Silithus - African American migrations (to above places, et c) Alterac - French (wine, bread, Dalaran) Tanaris/Tanari - Arabian But my friend and I have two characters of Italian-like descent. Where would they realistically be from in Azeroth?Haezelle72 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 What are your views on our judicial laws? Trick question: I am the law. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PifvRiHVSCY September 21st. My body is ready. Anyone else Judge Dredd fans?Kerdic21 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Enjoy, Moon Guard. http://www.youtuberepeater.com/watch?v=KCWsuAIAtew&name=Ultimate+Final+Fantasy+Battle+Melody+ArrangeAndry4 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Hello from toons on Illidan Just wanted to say hi and thank you to the alliance ppl that tried to raid Illidans South Org Gate area a few minutes ago. You ppl tried to attack, but didnt last that long. But its the thought that counts right? Thanks again. :DSpongebøb23 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 I'm so ugly. Rather, my character is. As some of you may know, Forte D'lanastion is revered amongst his fellow kin due to the fact that he looks like an old man; scarred and rather disfigured in a facial sense, he has a gaunt, hallow appearance that makes him appear very aged and ugly. I'm considering getting him an appearance change, ret-conning some of his character, as well, so that he may be young and dashing. Thoughts? He currently looks like: http://tinyurl.com/FortePortraitFortè56 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Fresh meat, here! I just transferred to the server. We hit a slow period at work so I thought that it couldn't hurt to say hello and introduce myself on the realm forums. About me: Call me 'Gray!' I've been role-playing for over a decade now (from age 15). I started off in tabletop, progressed to forum based RP and eventually found World of Warcraft through a friend. Said friend quit the game about a year ago, so I moved myself to a more PVE oriented server and started raiding. Now I'm sick of raiding and want to RP again! I heard that Moon Guard was the place to go, so. Here I am. I don't know anyone here yet but I'm sure we'll have some good stories to tell before long. About Khor: Khorias is a young, idealistic blood knight who left Silvermoon during the (pre-Wrath event) Scourge invasion to join up with the Argent Dawn in the Plaguelands. He later followed the Argent Crusade to Northrend and earned some minor recognition there as a capable battle healer. Since the Cataclysm, he's served as a combat medic on the front lines. There's more to it, but those are the basics that just about anyone might know or be able to find out IC. Don't hesitate to speak up if you think our characters might know one another! I'm also looking for a guild or RP group he might fit in.Khorias25 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Let's be friends.... so we can make out, you're so hot let me show you around.Lurvantis20 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 I just...don't understand.... Hokay, Sho, 'ere's da thing. I started to notice with Cata's release, the sudden amount of Worgen/NE couples seemed to have..flourished, upon the day (imo). It's been months since then, and I still see them around, and even so, one question I have been meaning to ask is never answered. "Why?" What is the fascination behind Worgen and Night Elf couples? Given that Kaldorei society frowns upon such things, some still do it. I'm wondering why on earth this is. Is it kinkiness? Purple Human syndrome? I'm just failing to understand the logic behind it all....because...really...it doesn't seem RIGHT to me...at all... Now, that is my opinion, but i'm just trying to understand the thought process behind it all. I mean, sure, Kaldorei helping the worgen (The reason which i forgot, hur hur) is a good thing, but I really don't think that gives one the perfect excuse to.....eerr...'hop under the sheets with one' So I turn to you, MG forums.....because I've given up. "Why?"Cøron16 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Ha. Hahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6-eId8rgyc edit: This is canon btw.Tronei9 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Project Clean-Up (A&H) After reading some of the players pov's of the server, I'd like to offer an idea to the realm community, be they forumers, or gamers within the realm. How would we go about cleansing our server of it's bad reputation? Understanding that we have to deal with the exploitation of Cross-realm zoning, and the abuse of open channels that used to be heavily regulated, we do have methods to fight back. Question is, can we? Blizzard heavily advocates the use of the rightclick flyout for reporting players in all situations, but should we just use that to combat against off-server trolls, and greifing? Or should we consider the continued use of the ticket system, whether the company likes it or not? Now, I normally don't ask questions like this, but I really would like to know how we should handle matters as they stand in order to put the off-server trolls back in their place (Preferably banned perm.) and the greifers as well (Banned as well.). So, here's what I'd like to suggest, hear me out and let me get this out of my system while I'm feeling creative. 1. Open new player classes or gatherings. 2. Constructive tips, character help, lore help. 3. Building intolerance to trolling/greifing, and learning when and when not to report. 4. Building a tighter knit RP community, interguild, or interfactional. 5. Building a stronger network for handling PVP and PVE trolling. 6. When is too much, and what to do about it. Classes like beginning aides are rarely held but with the cross-realm functions between RP realm communities we can easily host large scale events without being disrupted by players that are not participating actively. Entire raids can be shifted from one phase to another with the cross-realm zoning tools that party/raid leads hold, and if an event is extensively trolled out, hand out lead to someone from another realm in order to allow the event to carry on without disruption on their realm instead. This offers a great many options for newer players, be they a low level or mid to high level - and also offers a proactive solution to many of our event disruption troublemakers of our home server. 2. I was thinking these would all be handled on a more person to person basis, character concepts, lore tips and citation are always needed by folks brand new to whatever faction they choose, especially with new races. What I'd like to recommend is that we set out a group of players from each guild of our server on both factions to help target and aid the newer players that lurk in the "slums" and guide them back to what could be a redemption for their character from background historical references, to simply turning a character away from erotic themes to more solidly welcomed and eagerly needed themes on both sides. Each guild would be held responsible for those that they help, and it would open up more members and players to the community in turn by having helpful members of the community out there aiding folks with messed up characters. The first thing to remember however, not all of the players in the "Slums" are welcome to tips or suggestions to building a solid character, and most of those tend to be trolls from off realm. -Continued-Qerrathien12 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 [H] WTB ICC 25HM. I'm interested in being carried by a raiding guild through ICC 25 HM for the plate-armour pants that drop from Marrowgaw and Dreamwalker. I can offer you 10k to do so for me. Contact here on the forums for more information, please!Fortè17 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Question about alliance How decent is the raiding on blue side? I'm thinking about giving this server a try as my current server really isn't suiting my needs in PvE and RP. I don't expect to clear heroic raids the first week or anything but are there a decent amount of guilds that can progress into heroic content?Maerik2 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Paying for a little help. The way Guild lvling works now, This would work in my favor, I want to Invite only a few people to my guild, help me level it to 10-15, If anyone has an alt that wants to lvl let me know, whisper me In-game, For your help, I will pay 1k gold for every single member I invite helping me reach that lvl, ofcourse I will pay only once the guild is at the lvl It needs to be. If people are curious, I have a few friends joining wow again after a while and they are transfering over, would be nice to have a set amount of lvls already to help them out, ofcourse if you wish to stay past what I need, you're also welcome, I'm a pretty good tank and hey, You might need one for MoP. Edit: I'm on my warlock Xaveinus also, so whisper me there.Xaverus1 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 The Felfire Coven [Warlock RP] A shadowy figure stood before Grom Hellscream's monument in Demon Fall Canyon. It clasped its robes against the hellish wind and knelt to read the inscription at the base of the monolith. The wind turned to laughter and green fire lept up behind the lone pilgrim, sealing it within the canyon. A demonic voice rang out. Another fly has entered the spider's web. Out of the shadows came the demons. Foul remnants of the Third War, they readed their motley weapons and marshalled their terrible power. Down from the ash-choked sky came their master, wreathed in green fire and howling with mirth. So few toys come to play. The pilgrim laid a rose at the foot of the monument before rising to face its tormenters. The demons attacked. Above them the dreadlord Gorgannon grinned with triumph as the intruder disappeared under a writhing mass of his felguards. Still, something felt a bit off. Perhaps it was the lack of screaming . . . springing traps on hapless travelers is just so much less fun when they don't panic! He decended to the ground and waved the demons away so that he could see the desecrated corpse, only he didn't . . . Wha- He felt his body move of its own violition. A sword of flame sprang to being in his clawed hand. Power welled up within him. No! He no longer had any control. He watched in shock and horror as he decended on his minions and tore them apart. After a fearsome struggle, he drove the last of his former minions into their loathsome caves. Suddenly, his body was his own again. Trembling with a mixture of rage and fear he scanned the broken landscape until there, on a ridge above him, he saw the shadowy intruder. With a roar, he dashed towards it, sword raised high, only to fall to the ground with a strangled gasp. Gorgannon, you are mine now, body and mind. Gather what remains of your host so that they may be mine as well. The demon raised itself to its knees and croaked, "Yes, great one." It than fled down a side passage, intent on pleasing its new master. The shadowy figure then called another to its side. "This is the place. This is where we begin our great work." Over the next several months, word spread of a new coven of warlocks who had taken over Demon Fall Canyon. Yet, unlike those that had come before, these warlocks wore the colors of the Horde. Everywhere word was spoken of them, so too was told their great love of the Horde and undying loyalty to the Warchief.Mogrud24 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 MoP rares have neat vanity items! http://www.wowhead.com/news=204818/mists-of-pandaria-rare-elites-and-vanity-items#. One thing I noticed about MoP rare mobs is that unlike Cataclysm or Wrath ones they don't just drop gear, they drop vanity items! Just some examples of them are: - An item that turns you into Mr.Smite - An item that lets you jump 5 yards further - Aqua strider/elemental pets - Summon kidnapped puppies! - Turn into a statue There are just so many fun items around, I need to collect them all! But I'll have no bag space >: And on a related note of rare mobs, this expansions "Time lost proto drake" is Alani the Stormborn in Vale of Eternal Blossoms that drops the Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent. She requires you to combine crystals to remove her immunity buff that are rare drops from level 90 mobs so it just won't be a matter of tagging her first!Vicara13 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Horde version: Roleplaying - Human Heritage So I just thought that post brought up by Haezelle was interesting conversation, and here's what I think, in Horde terms, of what they are most likely. Orcs = the Ancient Greeks, perhaps the early American colonists Tauren = obv the Amerindians Trolls = Jamaicans Undead = (this one's pretty hard) Polish? Blood Elves = Japanese Goblins = (also pretty hard) Swiss Pandaren = obv Chinese Thoughts? Your own speculations? Post below.Mozinc28 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Lore-wise, how is !@#$%^-*!@ity treated? I've been thinking of making my planned new character(gnome mage) be gay, simply because it seems like an interesting dynamic to play out. On top of that, Gnomes seem like the most likely to be accepting of open !@#$%^-*!@ity. Yes, I am serious, I want this character to have something that makes them struggle with their life, and this seems like the perfect thing. No, it wouldn't be a sterotypical flaming gay guy obviously, just.. not be interested in female gnomes at all. So, how is #$%^-*!@#$ity treated in lore? Have you ever roleplayed a LGBT character on this server? How was the response? I hope this isn't taken as being offensive in any way, because I'm gay myself and I want an LGBT character, I just... am not totally sure how to approach it, nor what to expect. EDIT: It appears that !@#$%^-*!@ity is censored? sigh.Falluunia183 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Fang of the North - Rauðulfr Redwolf Rikaado here on his lil' viking. Normally I make passable descriptions for my characters, but it's been so long since I've roleplayed and actually had to bother with one that I'm feeling a bit more self-conscious than usual. And since I don't really have anyone online to check it, I figured I'd have you guys take a moment to tear me a new one. \o/ Description: ... History: ... So, to those few of you that bothered to look at this, please do me the kindness of letting me know what you think. If you see me in-game, feel free to holler at me for anything - roleplay, pvp, instances or if you need something profession-wise.Rauðulfr2 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 How is the place? I was curious, so I visited the MG forums. This was my first RP server way back when, and I really liked it. Now, I'm not saying anything for sure, but while we are still in that pre-expansion lull and everything has died down, I want to roll a character on MG and just take a look around. But before I do that, I wanted to take a look at your forums, and ask you: How IS the realm? More specifically, what is the state of roleplay? I know Goldshire is mostly off-server alts, so you don't need to explain that to me. As a roleplayer, I value quality (lore-abiding and literacy) over quantity (i tiep liek dis and amg son of arthuz mang). I guess....I'll just leave this here and see what happens. Sadly, I did not bring cookies.Halandor7 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Hey Vicara.. Call me. ;D This thread was totally necessary.Merik9 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 horibbly bored right now waiting for MoP i have the end of xpack blues, and I am sorry if you do too. for those of you who like me stay true, Lets us sing about our xpac blues!Datocus3 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 I don't even know... http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34q0kdg&s=6 http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=120qc8j&s=6 wtfFerenold12 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Bunnies! I LIKE BUNNIES, OKAY? Here's some pictures of bunnies! http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9yhesu11y1roya0s.jpg http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9yhegrfqj1roya0s.jpg THOSE ARE BUNNIES YAWNING. I don't understand how people don't love bunnies. MORE BUNNIES http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ccnaKJHL1rxp5rlo1_250.gif http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ccnaKJHL1rxp5rlo2_250.gif http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ccnaKJHL1rxp5rlo3_250.gif http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ccnaKJHL1rxp5rlo4_250.gif http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ccnaKJHL1rxp5rlo5_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ccnaKJHL1rxp5rlo6_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ephyAKRw1ruikyvo1_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ephyAKRw1ruikyvo2_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ephyAKRw1ruikyvo3_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ephyAKRw1ruikyvo4_250.gif You may now return to your regularly scheduled internet arguments.Calmai39 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 mods please delete remade threadSprockitt39 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Horn Color Hello Moon Guard, If anyone can help me learn how to have my horns an alternate color than my skin, it is one of you. If it really is a new option upon character creation I would love a confirmation. Or if there is some in game way please share the secret. Help is greatly appreciated! I was pointed to the Barber Shop and no such option was available. I had my hopes WAY up that it was added with the patch so I tried despite never having the option before.Larel13 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 what is Azeroth's water made of? IM guessing a heavier for of Liquid air, or something to the extent.Datocus44 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 8, 2012 That's -SO- two-thousand and LATE. Really, it seems that with each MMO I've examined over, there are a few classes in particular which people tend to over-use to a horrible extent. They seem to be: Any variation of someone that controls the undead Paladins/Templars - any variation Priests Hunters/Rangers/Marshals...Fortè48 Sep 8, 2012