Moon Guard

Aug 11, 2012 What color is Karob's hair? This has been bothering me as of late! I've seen it go through a metamorphosis from a red ponytail, to a black one... Then it turned into long blonde hair, now it's brown and shoulder length hair... What color is it, Karob? What are you hiding?! :DAuramis31 Aug 11, 2012
Aug 11, 2012 LF Trading Guild Hello fellow MG'ers. I have a keen interest in buying/selling and would like to join a trading guild to be with other like-minded people. Please whisper me in game if you can help out. RegardsNikathy0 Aug 11, 2012
Aug 11, 2012 outlanders facewrap Outlander's Facewrap what should I do with it?Hazel21 Aug 11, 2012
Aug 11, 2012 Pre-MoP Goals As per this post: ... What are you goals before Mists of Pandaria hits? I'm currently working on [Insane in the Membrane] myself. [EDIT: TASK COMPLETE!] After that, I'm replacing mining with Alchemy, [EDIT: TASK COMPLETE!] and then I might go work on PVP, or level my Shaman to 85.Merryweather42 Aug 11, 2012
Aug 11, 2012 Piercings. In light of having gotten something new done Wednesday evening, and after seeing Terarith's thread about tattoos, I decided we needed one for piercings as well! Anyone with a love of piercings know they some times come with all kinds of 'interesting' stories <: So Moon Guard, what have you gotten pierced? I currently have: Belly button Two tongue rings Lower labret Had a lip stud that was done three times, took it out for the labret. Left ear: Two lobe piercings, upper cartilege ring, tragus. Right ear: Industrial, conch ring, two lobes again.Nyla73 Aug 11, 2012
Aug 11, 2012 MacGraff and Samuelson In Cataclysm quests, both of these characters eventually appear as faceless ones. What I'm wondering is whether they were given some sort of gift to become them when the time came, or whether they were revealing some sort of true form. According to WoWpedia, the characters are the races they appear as, but I'm not sure if that's just to say what the player will encounter them as, or if it's their true race. Would anybody happen to know if Blizzard has said anything on the subject of the faceless transformations?Rofaldo4 Aug 11, 2012
Aug 11, 2012 Sell a Shield or Wield it! <Warbourne Union> "Aleidren Grinn sat at a desk upon his ship, sighing and rubbing his temples. The big, auburn haired man seeming at his wits end. His thick finger again ran along the contract lease for his new shop in Pott's Plates, reading the lettering with some difficulty. With a grumbling sigh he turned his attention to another letter, one of his own design as he wrote along the bottom edges, finishing his musings with a final, sprawling signature. The Warbourne Union was born again, with a different mission than it's ill-fated forerunner." The Warbourne Union is back! Under new management and with a new mission! We are a union of Merchants, Mercenaries, and to a lesser known populace, Criminals! If you are seeking Merchant/Profession Roleplay, then we are good for you! -We will offer profession training In-Character, and support for leveling it out of character! -We offer players who will be in-character gatherers for supplies who will be paid real gold for their wares. -We offer the chance to open shops around any of the major cities, as well as sell your wares for profit! If you are seeking Mercenary Roleplay! We are good for you! -We offer a home for all Mercenaries, be it by spell-slingers, blade-thrusters, or assassins! -We will supply our Mercenaries with jobs, either through Dungeon and Dragon Roll events, or through actual player-to-player contracts. If you are seeking Criminal Roleplay! We are good for you! -We will provide chances for drug distribution, smuggling goods, the occasional shake-down, and generally being a public menace! -We offer chances for thugs, and thieves for protecton and safe-houses! Rules! As fun as we try to be we still do have some rules! -If you pick a fight personally, do not expect the backing of the Union if you are the one at fault, we're here to help you, not be your personal army! -Realistic Characters only. Not that we mind eccentric folks, in fact we thrive off them! But being a half-dragon son of Arthas and Demon-Lord are ground to immediate pointing and laughing and shame! -Drama is fine. Being a full time drama-queen/king is just silly! -Be nice! We're all here to have fun! Don't be that one guy that everyone points and laughs at behind their back! -The Guild bank is full of wonderful things, but is not your personal gold mine. Use what is in for things that help everyone, not just taking it out and selling! -(Rules subject to change as stuff happens in the Guild!) If you are interested in joining. Please send an In-mail Game or Whisper to Either! -Aleidren. -Bellthane. -Edevane. Currently in need of!: Grand Master of all Professions besides for Blacksmithing/Jewelcrafter! Merchants! Contacts!Ebonhowl68 Aug 11, 2012
Aug 11, 2012 In Dire Need of Motivation Hey, Moon Guard. As of today, I've decided to resume a healthy eating regiment that I had once adapted, but gradually faded from. I now think that I'm at least somewhat out of shape - the Olympics are a painful reminder that I cannot run as fast as that man. I'm starting the day off well enough, but I need motivation. What do you guys do when you're in need of motivation for change?Fortè33 Aug 11, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 WTB more Gilnean architecture. http://i.imgur.com/xzlda.jpg Saw this posted on another forum and I can't believe it wasn't more integrated into Cataclysm. The Forsaken got new kicking architecture nearly everywhere they have a presence in, but the Gilneans got screwed with a starter zone and one BG. Or just give humans in general some better looking architecture. The remains of Capital City looked pretty sweet, let's get back to Lordaeron architecture.Grev4 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Your Theme Song And by that I mean your personal theme to describe you irl. She's So Mean by Matchbox 20 is me hands down. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EzzG0dp-B8Kronoin14 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 MoP: Fist Weapons. Well, this is awesome. In MoP, all of the 'Main-Hand' Fist Weapons will be made 'One-handed' and will be duel wieldable. Off-hand weapons for this change has not been confirmed. Yes, this does mean you can duel-wield the 'Fist of the Deity' (http://mop.wowhead.com/item=37631#comments)Finaj22 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Vancleaf... will, pay big for your beds!Hazel3 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 warhammer online anyone saddened by its passing into mmo graveyard? I was. in all actuality it would have been a wow killer if its creators weren't such morons to their player base.Hazel24 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Character creation sets (Now with Shoulders!) http://handclaw.rampagingpolygons.com/WoW/CharCreateArmor.png These sets better be available for Transmog...Finaj24 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 A Faire guild? Would you join it? Hey, it's Fizzlefly with a new CRAZY idea. Now, it has come to my attention that there is a guild on Argent Dawn-EU called the "Fablewind Faire". Because of the influx and overpopulation of military guilds on Moon Guard, I was thinking of having one of my characters (Most likely Teldon.) run the "Boltgear Bonanza" or "Fizzlefly Faire". It would be a guild based around: 1. The Darkmoon Faire 2. Self-made parties 3. Holidays Similar to Genome Project, you can join the guild without actually (OOCly) being in the guild. However, you will get more benefits if you do join the guild. What do you guys think?Fizzlefly8 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Where are the Goblin females!? I had one before and I think they are adorable. They're like an HD version of the gnomes. >:( Where did they go? I don't even see one in Orgrimmar. :(Anile19 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Dark knight ingrid the dark knight ingrid becomes ever more powerful with each passing day.Íngrid17 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 [A] Qimeng Temple (Lvl 7) The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large. -Confucius Website ... About Us <Qimeng Temple> is a Monk-based RP focused guild. Meant to be a place not just for Pandaren but for Monks of all Alliance races, the Qimeng Temple is to be a place of learning, healing, and enlightenment. Though focused on the Monk aspect of Pandaren society, Pandren of all classes will be welcomed with open arms- and even encouraged to join so that we can develop a well-rounded Pandaren culture. Outside of that, Monks of all races are encouraged to join us as well.* And beyond being a bastion for Monks and Pandaren alike, the Qimeng Temple will be a place of healing. As such, healers of all races will be accepted as IC members to some extent- and we will work to provide what I deem as a needed Healing presence in the server's roleplay. During the first month or so of the expansion, our presence in terms of Roleplaying will be small- perhaps one in-guild event a week, with little interaction outside of that. This is to encourage people to enjoy the expansion and it's new content. Level your current characters to 90 and check out the new end-game. Level your new Panda's and enjoy things. After this one to possibly two months of New Content Fever, the guild will aim to hold at least two major In-Guild events a week, with the spaces between filled by events that can be either major or minor as far as the guild is concerned, and that can be Faction-wide inclusive. *While we accept Monks of all races, the odds of us acknowledging any Non-Pandaren as anything more than a student are low, and will be dealt with on a case by case basis. This decision has been made due to the fact that from an IC view, the introduction of Monks into main-stream Azeroth is a relatively new occurrence since the Mists will only have just recently been broken. OOC While we will be an RP focused guild, we do hold aspirations for having an active PvE and PvP environment so that our members can enjoy all aspects of the game without feeling they have to sacrifice one of the three for the other because of Guild affiliations. As such, we will accept any and all classes and specs on an OOC level. Currently Currently looking for a couple more people to form our core group of officers. Those interested should send in-game mail to Ariandian expressing their interest, and listing their qualifications. As these will be the 'founding members' of this guild, I will be picky on who I choose. Currently looking for Allies, as well as Enemies. We aren't going to be the only Panda guild popping up, and we certainly aren't the first. But we do want to be one of the ones that grows, and sticks around for the long-haul. Which means we need to work with the server as a whole, and not just ourselves. For launch, I'm hoping to have at least one Allied guild Alliance-side, and one enemy guild Horde-side- so that we can all build a ring of interaction to establish and maintain life. Also currently looking for any and all toons of all levels to join and help level the guild more before MoP goes live. 85's would greatly be appreciated, since they contribute more Guild exp. ***This is a living thread, and is subject to constant change based on information released between now and launch, as well as decisions made for the guild once it's core officer group has been formed.Arkalius141 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 SWCW Official Complaint Form Official Extremely Detailed and Completely Compliant Complaint Form (The Totally Unabridged Edition) __________________________________________________________________________ Date:_______________________ Section I I __________________, hereafter known as The Complainant, wish to report to the Stormwind City Watch, hereafter known as The Watch, an instance or multiple thereof of (select all that apply): Theft___ Harassment ___ Lewdness ___ Murder ___ Bad Service ___ Funny Business ___ Unfunny Business ___ Business that could be funny to just a few people ___ Which took place at _____________________ in the ________________ district of the great City of Stormwind during the time of _____ (select one): In the morning ___ In the evening ___ In the afternoon ___ At night___ During the full moon___ Whilst I was (select all that apply): Playing cards ___ Swimming ___ Riding a horse ___ Bird watching___ Committing a crime ___ Praying ___ Fishing ___ Hopping hopscotch ___ Sitting around ___ Sleeping ___ Drinking copiously ___ In (select all that apply): Warm weather ___ Cold weather ___ A full set of armor ___ A snuggly sweater ___ Pouring rain ___ A blizzard ___ Flannel PJs ___ Under which conditions I was (select all that apply): Freezing my !@#$ off ___ Sweating bullets ___ Soaking wet ___ Temporarily blinded ___ Rat’s %^-* drunk___ Wishing I was rat's !@#$ drunk ___ Dreaming ___ Unconscious ___ Section II During this time, the instance or multitude thereof was committed by : (if suspect’s name is known ) __________________. And I,The Complainant, hereafter known as The Snitch, know this because the suspect is/was (select all that apply) : A friend ___ A family member ___ Wearing a name tag ___ Is my uncle’s sister’s roommate’s cousin’s niece’s daughter’s imaginary friend___ An associate___ My partner in crime ___ (or if suspect’s name is unknown select one): An unidentified perpetrator.___ An unidentified animal .___ Something so unidentifiable I cannot possibly begin to ponder identifying it. ___ Whereas the instance or multitude thereof occurred in the morning, it was (select one) : Before breakfast ___ . After breakfast ___. I never eat breakfast ___. I skipped breakfast that one day___ . I had brunch instead ___. Whereas the instance or multiple thereof occurred in the afternoon (select one): It really was afternoon, honest___. At least I think it was afternoon ___. Ok, maybe it wasn’t afternoon___. Was it before lunch? (Y/N) ___ If it was after lunch, what did you have?____________________ Was what you had any good? (Y/N) ___ Would you recommend it to a friend? (Y/N) ___ Whereas the instance or multitude thereof occurred the evening, it was (select one): Really more towards the afternoon.___ Really more towards night .___ I really have no idea what time of day it was, I am just making this all up. ___ Whereas the instance or multitude thereof occurred at night, it was (select one): Pretty dark outside___ Not really that dark ___ Wait, which one is night again?___ Were the stars out? (Y/N)___ What films were they in?_________________ Did they win an award?(Y/N) ___ If yes, then which one?_______________Aramysta10 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 The spiders are learning... I opened the glass door that serves as a screen before opening the main door to my house, and as I did so I saw something traverse with gymnast-like precision across the panel and onto the main barrier between freedom and air conditioning. It had glided gracefully by tethers made of silk that were only made known to my eyes by the will of the sun above, which reflected silver off these threads of fate. I stopped and squinted in the scorching heat, searching for the illusion that seemed to cross my vision; then I saw the arachnid camouflaging desperately against the dark wood between etched glass, unmoving and certainly aware of the titan which had granted him this opportunity. Out of anger due to his audacity to dare trick a fearsome, and nigh god to his eight eyes, I raised the ponderous Pizza Box of a Thousand Truths and smote his ruin across the door. It appeared that unseen wings of heaven slowly guided his unconscious body to the ground, prolonging the inevitable, if only to give him another chance at escape. Nay, it would not come to pass. Lying broken and sputtering life, I raised my jewel-studded, white-sandaled foot to smear him across the silver threshold; there he would die a brave adventurer's death, a testament and warning to others who dared test the hierarchy of life. tl;dr A spider tried to sneak in, and I killed it.Ruvias44 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Ironman challenge? /flex Scratch that. Thanks to Bradell posting the 'rules'.... PFFFFT I've done the perma death thing before. /passShrilinda6 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Warcraft 40k. Actually going to discuss this. Warcraft set in a 40k-esque universe. Go.Melyria73 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 To Naztherron/Tatomaz/Snicks' friends: I am sure plenty of you are worried about his sudden disappearance, so I'm writing this to tell those that are concerned about what has happened. Due to reasons I will keep private for now( It was accidental.) Naztherron is currently in the hospital ICU. Hes suffered an unknown amount of brain damage, along with his kidneys shutting down. He has also been diagnosed with pneumonia. I have limited information, but I will update this post with what I can find out. If you can, please pray, wish and hope that he survives this with as little damage as possible, and support his family and friends through this ordeal. Thank you for those that give their best wishes.Furyatis11 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Feral dps/tank OR Legendary Mage lf HM guild Hello, me and my friend are looking to find a PvE guild for DS/MoP. We do not necessarily have to be together in the same guild, just would like to stay on the same server. For the Mage (Fire mainspec) 1) Legendary Mage (80k DPS on LFR Madness with no heroic gear *GOT PICS*) 2) 6/8 HM (Took a break in January until now) 3) 6/7 HM Firelands 4) Has lead HM FL groups and DS before leaving on his break. 5) 398 Ilvl Hoping to get a late night guild (PREF. WEEKEND GUILD) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- For the druid 1) Can be tank or DPS. No prefference. 2) Tanked 8/8 and 3/8HM DS (Will be 6/8HM this week) (TOOK A BREAK IN JAN AS WELL) 3) 5/7 HM Firelands 4) Great player, just has not bothered looking for a guild (dps and tanking wise) 5) 396 Ilvl 6) Raiding since Burning Crusade 7) Lead his own guild Wrath of Lich King Can raid any weekday late nights (except friday) and weekends. More flexible times.Cthulù10 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Plagueheart in Search of Supplicants I've been eager to get back into the role-playing scene, but debated how and when, and then I got the idea from looking at Ogrun's thread and decided to post something akin to his advertisement, but with a darker twist. I hope Ogrun doesn't feel like he's been plagiarized too badly! As the title of the thread suggests, Plagueheart is looking for students, but not just any students; he is searching for students of necromancy. He may use the teaching of other, less nefarious things be his cover for what he truly wants. So in honor of that cover story, he will also be taking regular students of the arcane. This affiliations with Plagueheart may lead to very interesting stories, or it may not -- it just depends on what you wish to get out of it. For those wishing to take part in this role-play, we can discuss the specifics of what you desire, etc. Plagueheart is searching for students of both necromancy and arcane. Obviously with necromancy, the process of connecting would be a difficult one due to necromancy's legality in Stormwind and other such places -- and during training, absolutely discreetness would have to be maintained. Things to be discussed! If you have any comments, questions, or requests you can contact me in-game through whispers or the mailing system or you can contact me by posting in this thread.Plagueheart16 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Cat's back EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. nothing but happyAltaiea46 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Security Warning issued by Mike Morhaime The launcher had a new image on it that looked like a shield with a padlock on it. It linked to this web page, an address to Blizzard players that use North American accounts from Mike Morhaime. Spreading the word here, folks. http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/securityupdate.html?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=launcher&utm_campaign=wow&utm_content=left-bannerAuramis27 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Afraid of committing. Now, this might sound ridiculous but I need to express my concerns and hopefully resolve them. I am afraid of committing myself to the game. Every time I make any goals or plans to level up or seriously involve myself in a profession, I get this fear that the game could lose popularity and die quickly and that all my time spent would be for naught. I do realize that no game can or does last forever but I have this irrational fear that if I start playing now then next year or even next month the game might die. Does anybody else get that nagging feeling?Taf15 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Sold Black Velvet Robes Black Velvet Robes Picked it up this evening on one of my alts, I'm looking for any buyers really, starting bids at 46 gold, bidding increments at 5 and 10 gold over the previous. I will cover the neutral auction house cut if a horde member purchases said item. (Which is around 10% fee additional.) I know this item is often sought after for transmog sets, and goes especially well with the Silver-thread pieces as an alternative to the Silver-threaded chest. Please do post bids in a professional and peaceful manner. Thank you. 46 Gold, for a fine velvet robe world drop, I think is a fine start. Do we hear any better bids? Bidding closes at Noon, server time. Get your bids in folks!Qerrathien26 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 (A RPPvP) LOTM: Elves In Bushes. They say the highborne is a tale left best to the depths of the ocean. They say it is a story of deceit, of lavishness and heathenry. Not a rustle in the wind has brought news of our exiled kin for centuries past. Neither a flicker of magic nor tome of arcane cracked in far too long. Their world and arts long abandoned to a culture of nature. But not all was forgotten The highborne return in droves. Their ways: abandoned. Their lives: in danger. “Suffer well, highborne.” That is what they say. Let us not leave our people to fend for themselves in a culture of war and find their own place amongst new and distinct races. If we are to achieve peace as a people, we must achieve it united, with the other races to aide in destroying the orcish horde. Lift your voices to the moon, lift your heads high and be ready. If we do not move with the world, we will be consumed by it. Lost once again to the depths of the sea. Tor ilisar'thera'nal ...Anamaleth500 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 All hail your new overlord. Ladies and gentleman, my fellow Moon Guardians, hello! I have an important announcement for all of you today. I'm going to enslave you all. Failure to comply will result in termination when I seize my rightful power. You have 48 hours to bow before your new king. The quicker you join me, the more power you shall gain in the new realm order. Cheers!Manaclaw35 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Storytime! ((Story)) Six years in the future... Adira Collett-Vein was quietly humming when she got jumped by her two daughters. Celeste, 7, and Diane, 5, were getting ready for bed, but instead the hellions tackled her. Adira had to laugh a bit. "Tell us a bedtime story, mommy!" Celeste was always the inquisitive one. Diane just liked to listen, never ask. "Hmm...What shall I tell?" mused Adira with a smirk. "Have you heard about the great hero Adria, the Witchslayer?" "No! Who is that, mommy?!" "Well, settle down, Celeste, and I will tell you. First I must tuck you in, though." Adira smiled happily as she pulled the sheet over both girls. Satisfied that they were settled in, Adira began the tale, her tale in truth. But this tale would be sugar coated for young ears. In time they would lkely know it was Adira herself, and far darker, but for now this would be best. "Long ago, there lived a young maiden named Adria. She lived in the woods and lived a quiet life. It was a good life. All she had to worry about was hunting for some meat, gathering some vegetables, and milking her cows. She had a very good life, but one day a dark shadow came over the woods." "Adria was gathering some carrots and potatoes when suddenly a shadow attacked her. She was knocked clear across her own field! She stood up and grabbed a scythe from the wall she got knocked close to and held it at ready. Pitiful weapon it may had been, but it was soon clear that she had chosen a rather proper weapon. The shadow charged at her looking like this!" Adira turned her head away to briefly weave a shadowy mask and then suddenly surprised both girls. It got the intended effect. Both jumped and screamed before laughing lightly. "RAWR!" "It yelled and roared at her, fangs dripping poisonous shadows, its maw wide open. She readied the scythe and with one fell swoop cut it completely in half. But it became two shadows! She wound up the scythe once more and touched it with strange magic, slashing at the now two fiendish creatures. They fell before her scythe. She decided, wisely, to get some rest." Celeste was very rapt in attention. "What happened?!" "She woke up the next day and heard that more shadow fiends had been seen in the countryside. Villagers were scared, afraid. It was all rumored to be one witch causing it. Adria stood in front of the scared crowd, scythe in hand. 'Fear not, for I shall find and slay this witch!' The crowd was skeptical, to say the least. Adria was not very strong, nor was she very magic inclined. But one person believed. Adria believed." "So she set out to find this witch." Diane finally spoke up. "What happened then, mommy?" Adira smiled lightly and chuckled. "She had run into a few obstacles." ((cont))Adira3 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 [H] In Search of Ideas Hello! I've been thinking a lot lately about starting my own guild, but I am at a loss at what I can do that is new and different in perspective. The idea I've been tossing around was a union-esque guild of all the races of the Horde. The idea (and purpose, I suppose) is that through strength and unity, the guild could bring defense, healing, and even diplomatic services to various places around Azeroth. The other idea I had was a blood-elf centric guild, but the competition that I'd face would be far too much. One could say I could join one of the already established ones, but... I just felt that wasn't for me. I came here to ask opinions on how to go about conjuring up an idea (or elaborating on the first one above)? Or suggestions at what hasn't been done yet? Any other tips about leading a guild and finding a stable core of officers and structure are much appreciated. Thanks! EDIT: Also, finding a name is very important to me, especially when trying to find one that encompasses what the guild's intentions are. The name of the first one, if you were curious, was <Communion> before I decided to disband and re-think things over on it.Alygona10 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 MoP...THREE YEARS IN THE FUTURE?! Howdy Ho Moon Guard! I was chatting with a friend of mine when she suddenly mentions that MoP is supposed to be set three years into the future. Now I don't know if this is just a rumor or not but you have to admit that such a thing can make things interesting for just about everyone's RP. If you have any information on this please by all means please share and if you wish give your opinion on this. Aaaaaaaaand go.Tarren300 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 So...just saw someone link this mmo.... over on MMO champ. Now I'm not saying that Wildstar is going to be good, not saying it's going to be bad. But I am saying if it's F2P, I'm going to have to check it out. This made me chuckle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScEliEh2_Xo&feature=player_embedded#!Rumgut1 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 [A & H] WTS [Swift Lovebird] Collectors and completionists, I have a few of these mounts I want to offload. I have them both Horde and Ally side. Contact me via in-game mail or here with an offer, and we can negotiate an exchange. A pre-emptive thank you for anyone looking to troll with a joke offer; I appreciate the page bumps, but I will otherwise ignore and disregard any such offers.Donahue2 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 [A-RP] The Tainted Legion - Insert Remark? We are the light before the night. We are the shadow before the dawn. Through the darkest hours of the world we prevail, through the cutting winds and the burning flames of war, we persevere. We are the oppressed, the underdog, the darkened soul and burdened mind. We are the heavy heart and the overlooked. We are the true people of Azeroth... Those who lead real lives, of real worth... Not men and women with fat bellies and purses, or polished boots and sickly, oily grins plastered upon our pudgy faces whilst we rub together our sweaty, fat hands. The halls shall tremble and the mountains shall quake, the shields will shatter and the swords will break... But we will still stand strong. You who are overlooked because you were not rich enough for the likes of the so-called Guard, you are our brother. You whose heart and soul is burdened by the haunting darkness of your past, who has been given no quarter, no chance to prove yourself... You are our kinsman. You who have been forced to prove your mettle time and time again to fools and dogs of the Alliance far more concerned with their next meal and pay than they are about someone else, it is you who we fight for. When all the world seems lost, when the darkness crowds around us and all light seems to go out in the world... We prevail, we persevere, and we stand strong... We stand together. We are the Darkness within the Light... We are the ones who will do what must be done, we are not the shining heroes of valor and legend, we are not the templars of justice and light... We are not the people everyone wants. We are the heroes the world needs. We can be what no other can. We can stand in the midst of the mire and shout victory over the rotted stench of corruption. We can charge on when all others would give up in hopes of a good bed and a hot meal... We do not fall to corruption, we do not answer to tyranny. We are a force to be reckoned with, we are the swords and spears of the Alliance that are needed. We will do what must be done for the justice and righteousness of the world, of our people. Will you answer our call? Will you join our cause and show this world that we are all just as powerful, just as strong, just as good as the rest of them, if not stronger for coming through so much?! We are the Tainted Legion, and we are waiting. Hello folks, Crazy Aussie Highcastle here with what I somehow never thought to do. A forum post! The Tainted Legion is a guild I founded 9-2-2008 as a Medium-Heavy RP guild, and am proud to say that both through hard work and stubborn-ness, is still alive. Dark-oriented military guild, with a fluctuating alignement of Chaotic-Good and Lawful-Neutral, we strive to act as the Swords the Alliance seems to be lacking. With all the protectorate Order's, the Guardian-types of our 'hallowed' cities wandering about protecting not much really as someone else has already gotten to it... There's a severe gap in our set-up. That gap is our Offensive line. The Tainted Legion strives to fill that gap, and be the fighting force that shall strike forth without mercy, without remorse, and do what it must to crush whatever threats present themselves to the Alliance as a whole, be they man, god, demon, corpse or otherwise... (( As in we actively will go out of our way to crush/hunt down any Scourge, Burning Legion, Twilight Hammer, etc... Influences we find. )) We also make it our duty to tear out the seeds of corruption within our own lands, within our cities and communities, and yes... Hound them until they either can't take it anymore or are dead. We do accept all classes and races, we do accept most all levels, but priority of recruitment is quality of quantity. If you feel you have the potential, even if you are new to Roleplay, we'll hear you out and see how you are. If you need help developing your RP or your story, don't hesitate to give myself a yell as i'm more than happy to help. I do write for a living. Recruitment is taken through In Character interviews with myself, or with most any of the other members available (Such as Belyle, Yanamari, Amaree, etc). In Character Information: There is some information that I choose to see as public knowledge for approaching or seeking one of us out. The Tainted Legion is a public Alliance military, it has been stationed for over two years now within the halls of the Westbrook Garrison, and is led by Highlord Meinas Highcastle (Pretentious !@#$, who is this guy?). Our tabard is within the Alliance registries, so is (obviously) our guild, thus the whole 'registry' thing anyways. Ah, yes, before I forget! The Tainted Legion had been stationed since its day of founding in the Westbrook Garrison, but has now moved to the Keep of Fenris Isle, there to rebuild that settlement into a greater home for our order and into a spear-head location for any attacks our allies may wish to take advantage of.Highcastle500 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 A Waaagh on Blackrock Mountain! I just finished pick-pocketing some 1400 Heavy Junkboxes from the denizens of Blackrock Mountain. Naturally, my task has left me a little blood thirsty, given that I couldn't kill any of the monsters. So, for the next 48 hours, I have declared a Waaagh on Blackrock Mountain! For as long as I am online and not doing a guild run, I will happily run anyone through BRD and BRS for free (I won't even loot!) I will also join in on Blackrock Caverns, normal and Heroic. EDIT: I'll also be farming herbs on Mersie, my undead hunter, so if I'm not on Merryweather, try her.Merryweather1 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 Your characters alignment Your characters general moral and personal attitudes are represented by its alignment: lawful good, neutral good, chaotic good, lawful neutral, neutral, chaotic neutral, lawful evil, neutral evil, or chaotic evil. Alignment is a tool that helps develops your character's identity. But it is not a straitjacket for restricting your character. Each alignment represents a broad range of personality types or personal philosophies, so two characters of the same alignment can still be quite different from each other. In addition, few people are completely consistent. I used this site to help develop Saria and I’m also using it for my Blood Elf and Night Elf monks and I figured I share it and see if you guys would find it useful. So which of the 9 alignments do you think your character falls under? Lawful Good, "Crusader" http://www.easydamus.com/lawfulgood.html Neutral Good, "Benefactor" http://www.easydamus.com/neutralgood.html Chaotic Good, "Rebel" http://www.easydamus.com/chaoticgood.html Lawful Neutral, "Judge" http://www.easydamus.com/lawfulneutral.html True Neutral, "Undecided" http://www.easydamus.com/trueneutral.html Chaotic Neutral, "Free Spirit" http://www.easydamus.com/chaoticneutral.html Lawful Evil, "Dominator" http://www.easydamus.com/lawfulevil.html Neutral Evil, "Malefactor" http://www.easydamus.com/neutralevil.html Chaotic Evil, "Destroyer" http://www.easydamus.com/chaoticevil.html Saria would fall under True Neutral. Id post more into this but I think I bored you guys enough^^. Feel free to post your alignment and what makes you a little different from the others of that alignment. And thank you.Sarîa75 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 Tal'doren: The Wild Home. In the interest of getting more people to post here, I'm extending this to other races as well as Worgen. Night elves? Forsaken (you're scum though)? Did you see Tal'doren/the blackwald? Post about it here. __________________________________ Hello there, my fellow brothers and sisters of Goldrinn? Having a dandy day? I certainly hope so. Anyhow, as a few of you might now, I'm a total and absolute freak when it comes to the ritual of Tal'doren. I want to know more of the tree, the Blackwald, and the actual materials necessary to perform the ritual. This thread was not created to debate the various 'lore' interpretations of the ritual. Rather, it is to talk about your characters first experience in the Blackwald, or near Tal'doren. Feel free to post your IC journal, or talk about your character's reactions to being exposed to such a place. I'm honestly interested to hear! This is Ferenold's IC journal. For a bit of context, he wrote this after fleeing from the main group of survivors in Stormglen, to go north into the wilderness. He came upon the Blackwald, and in the short time he stayed there, he wrote a bit about it. He wrote it while he was in the form of a worgen, of course, and also sane since he had a small amount of the serum/salve with him. Bela'den is his own fabricated name for Tal'doren. --------------- What was this place? I asked. What was this place, where twisting black branches danced in silence? What was this place, where the woods were so quiet, where the sun was so dim, where the mouth of the earth spoke. But it did not speak, it yelled, it yelled, it cried and cried in a cacophony of rage. I ask again, what is this place, a haunted forest? What is this harmony that dwells here, that permeates here, that is here. Misshapen forms and heavenly waters. They are beautiful, beautiful I say. But Tainted and torn are the traits of the blackwald told in tales of old. But no, I did not understand. Not here, not yet. Why did the winds whisper so freely, and the waters whisk so wildly, in a place such as this? Why was peace found in this place, why was life growing here, why was this life the most wond'rous I have come upon in my travels? But no, that was not it, that was not all I heard in this sacred place. Sorrowful souls. I heard them, I heard them walking amongst the shadows of this place. But sorrowful, or serene? Serene and sorrowful, perhaps? For they were of I, they were taken from my flesh and blood, their presence was. Their presence was, their presence was a warmth and a chill, an unnerving shock and a soothing light. Why do you wander, O misbigotten spirits of the past? Why here, in this tainted place? And why the tree, why the towering tree that was not blackened ash, but brown Oak, and why within it were otherworldly ruins, and why did those waters flow down them. And why was this place deserted, why was I the only one here, in solitude. Have I been chosen by the winds, to sing their song? Or the trees, to humm their gentle hymn? No, no, no. It could not be, for this was a place that angered me. It ought to be, should it not? A harbringer of peace seeking to impose itself on me. I felt it, I felt it weighing down on me, the shackles of calmness as they quelled my rage. I felt my spirit tamed, I felt the wilds subjugated. Controlled, I was a slave, a servant to this place, a servant to this dark, terrible place that enslaved my brethren. Or was this place my liberator, and not my jailor? For had I not longed to be freed from the bloodlust and rage, the purposeless violence that plagued me. A mere beast cannot commune with the wilds perhaps, for one most see it, in all it's entirety, all of the pecularities of it's system, how a single drop of dew sustains a snake, how the earth's wisdom spoke to her creatures. Towering mahogany, was Bela'den. The waters, the ruins, the boughs and branches, the spirits and souls. The song of the wind, the hymn of the heavens. The peaceful serenity, granted not by the dulling touch of industrialization, but by the wild vision of Bela'den. And the rage was still there, for it was not vanquished. It 'twas passion, but not bloodlust, emotion, yet not hedonism! I was sure of it now, was I not? This was not' a place of taint, however it looked upon the surface. This was was far more ancient, far more older then even the most archaic of the practicioners of the old ways. -No-, the magics were were those that birthed the world's beginning, and were birthed -at- the world's beginning. But what had tainted this place, at it's beginning? Why was there that eerie feeling, that shadow, that primal bloodlust that crept at the edges of men's souls. Perhaps, the mysteries of this place shall be unvieled in time. But for now, I shall merely gaze up upon the boughs of Bala'dren, and be bless-ed in its presence.Ferenold77 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 Ignore this title. Ignore this post.Valtharis3 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 [A-RP]The Mocks; Now with 100% more "eeee!" Out Of Character Information: Oh man, guys. I'm at it again! For those of you that have been to this thread before, as you can see I have erased the previous information. This is new, updated on 05.21.2012, and will go over the new ideas I have for Mockingbird; ideas that I personally believe will help me, and everyone that joins, to enjoy their time within the guild. As a lot of people on Moon Guard (Alliance side) know, The Mockingbird Cartel was formerly known for it's fantastic role play (pardon me whilst I toot our horn~) and the selling of drugs. This was going great and all, but towards the end we lost that 'oomph' that separated us from the more 'thug-life' type of guilds. This wasn't OK with me, and because of that (and a plethora of real life issues - which have all been resolved, thank you for asking) I put a halt to the guild temporarily. It sucked, I won't lie, and I had a few people upset with me. More so than that, I had people literally begging me to bring it back. I hadn't realized, until then, just how much people enjoyed the guild. So, after a lot of real life hashing out, and more thought than I had ever intended to put into the starting-back-up of Mocks, I have finally found a way to make <TMC> enjoyable and re-open! Getting to what we are newly about: You can start reading here if you don't want the fluffy stuff...Previously (and continuously) <TMC> has fronted as a Courier Company. It's not exactly the most ideal front for most, but it worked for us since we enjoyed smuggling drugs and such across the borders; how else to smuggle illegal goods, then shoved into a bunch of legal ones, am I right? This being said, when I set the guild to 'Hiatus' status, in-character the actual cartel continued (just in OOC locations such as Tanaris + surrounding areas and Northrend). You see, we never actually stopped selling drugs. Pretty nifty, huh? The re-opening will thrive off of that idea. Characters that join <TMC> will be put into the 'Stormwind Branch' of the cartel where they will aid in the smuggling commutes. This can range anywhere from a regular event of just escorting cargo across a few zones with mild encounters or blasting our way into a Troll Burial Ground and raiding their tombs for priceless (which oddly sells for a high price ;3) artifacts and treasures. Once we get a solid 'core' group, of maybe five or so people (aside from my officers), we'll start weekly events immediately - since we already have a few planned out. I, personally, enjoy PvP aspects of the game (and help many people cap CP, if you need that) and we've some thoughts in gearing towards Raids and such if we get enough interest. So, yes. There is room for everyone that enjoys RP+! Which brings me to you, the reader. If you are currently fed up with your guild that is going nowhere, or perhaps your leader/boss/mistress/general/whatever is a *#@*, then you should look us up. We're an equal opportunity employer, granted that you can read/write/use spell check/ and not type 'lyke dis' or something similar, and we want you to work with us. Or, you know, hang out. That's cool, too. (( mockingbird.shivtr.com ))Nihx396 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 horde-Hiring rogues for Heavy Junkbox farming Working on The Insane and Ravenholdt is last, I have a rogue i'm doing junkbox farming with, but want to speed it a long a little so i'm looking to hire any rogue who can farm these up. Please message me in game on Satrina or Anli to negotiate your price per 5 junkboxes.Satrina4 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 OMG, Darkmoon in MoP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StzzZoioxRY Monty Python reference ftw.Rhovin15 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 When Did "Scroll of Enchant X"... ...turn into just "Enchant X"? A friend was asking what category on the AH the item enchantments were found under, and after saying that I thought it was "Consumables", I suggested just searching for "Scroll of Enchant <slot>". My friend reported that this brought up nothing, and after further searching, we discovered that these things no longer had "Scroll of" in their title. But we both recalled that they were once called this, so I took to Wowhead to verify. After adding Wowpedia to the search, I found that we were right...but I can't figure out WHEN this changed. Even searching the official patch notes for keywords like "Scroll" and "Vellum" brings up nothing. So does anyone know when the name of these items actually changed? @_@Merryweather4 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 i feel dead inside. i feel pretty dead inside. how about you guys? do you feel the same way?Íngrid15 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 Elwynn Encounter Two years after the closing of the Dark Portal “My lady, you should return - these parts of Elwynn are still unsafe.” His words were useless, yet he felt he still had a certain responsibility to at least say them. McSars had tried several days ago to convince her that it was too dangerous for her to accompany him and his men-at-arms on her latest errand. It was to no avail. When his lady wanted to do something, very little would dissuade her from it. “What? Are you and your men incompetent, Sir McSars? If that is the case, then I would agree that it is very unsafe here right now.” she replied breezily. She caught sight of his grimace as he turned away. “And stop pulling that frightful face. Some people might take it as a sign of disrespect.” “As you say, m’lady.” McSars mumbled. He could tell that she was greatly enjoying herself. Well, she could have that. The hedge knight was secretly glad she was along. While he got on well enough with the soldiers assigned to him, he found his lady’s company to be far more interesting. Both McSars and the lady rode, him upon his destrier and her upon her palfrey. Most of the men-at-arms were on foot, but two of the three archers and a swordsman rode rounceys. It was their job to go with the lady and cover her escape if need be. One of the men was leading a mule that carried their supplies - most of which was the lady’s tent and other luxuries. They had broke camp early that morning and had been travelling now for several hours. The region they were in was still in the process of growing back from the wars. They were getting close to their destination, though - through the trees ahead McSars could make out the crumbling walls of what had once been a quiet forest mansion. As they came closer, the sad state of what it was became immediately apparent. Only a few walls went higher than the ceiling of the ground floor now, and most of the ceiling had caved in. Only part of the mansion was even possible to move through easily. Master Cole, a no-nonsense huntsman and veteran of both wars, approached McSars. His dog, Orceater, was at his heels. “There’s signs of kobolds, but none outside. Debris has been pulled across some doors and holes in the walls - I’d say there’s a nest of the damned things in there.” McSars nodded and jumped down from his destrier. The lady said nothing, merely looking over the ruins with sad eyes. When the knight glanced over to her, she looked away quickly. He saw the tears, but pretended that he hadn’t. “We’ll go right in. Lanrick, Cole - go around the other side and if any come out, cut them down. Havard, Warder - on my back. The rest of you stay back and make sure no harm comes to Lady-” “You mean I cannot accompany you inside?”” she asked. McSars sighed quietly. “I will come for you as soon as it is safe-” “I can use a sword too, Sir Jacob. I believe if anything goes wrong, I will be quite alright.” McSars felt his temper flaring, but he kept it under control. He could not lose it in front of his men. “My lady, please see reason-” She dismounted swiftly, striding over to the knight and silencing him with a single finger to her lips. Leaning over, she murmured so that only he could hear. “That is what Sir Rollis said to me when he found I was going to take you on as armsmaster. Now... Don’t you think Havard and Warder should wait outside?” <cont>Mcsars15 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 Simplicity "http://i.imgur.com/Tz0MB.jpg There was once a time when these lands were fertile green, and the sky shown native colors. My people sang songs around fires, and enjoyed drink and well-earned food. Our lives were simple then, and most preferred it that way. Clans dotted the landscape, and their leaders lead with a menagerie of cruelty, honor, respect, skullduggery, and even magic. My own chieftain was one who was in tune with the elements, more than any other of our kind. Unquestioning, we followed his leadership, and though this world no longer answered our call, we continued into the blackened abyss. Demons rove across the deserts now, the land deprived of water -- of life. Divided down to its very core, as our world suffered a catastrophe like no other. It is madness. My brethren would have simply scoffed at the suggestion that the future of Draenor was akin to this... atrocity, but we did not have the foresight to imagine this hellish plain existing upon our lush world. It was not soon after that our people sold themselves into slavery willingly, demonic trickery blinding us from the corruption that soon soiled our race. At the time I did not know, I did not... think, simply believing what I was told, trusting my chieftain unquestioningly. We slaughtered a race down without remorse, the draenei who inhabited our world peacefully. We thought them to be conspirators, hiding behind their walls and their magic as they plotted to take Draenor for themselves. It seemed simple at the time, to kill them before they did the same to us. Then again, we were a simple people. http://i.imgur.com/bw1Oj.jpg This used to be my home once as well, when I was but a child. I did not play games like those before me, but trained to be a warrior from the start. Others were granted gifts to speed their growth, something I was not worthy of at the time. It would be several years before I knew this to be a blessing, not the curse I once knew. We had brought the draenei menace down, cutting them limb from limb, and drawing them out from their shelters. What pity was there to be had for those who wished to kill us? But by then, our primitive clans had bound together into a 'Horde'. We were blood-crazed, having tasted the demon blood, the essence of a pitlord which gave us enormous strength. Though no one questioned it, our world was dying before our eyes. My people had gone from hunting game to building structures that surpassed our wildest thoughts. A keep of gnarled iron and steel was a testament to our Horde's power, built as a stronghold that dominated the land. A portal, ordered by the traitor warlock, which soon opened the way to a land unknown. And a banner, yes... the symbol with which our Horde would be known by. A symbol that exists even to this very day, though its meaning is vastly different.Rilokk4 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 Dear Tree Rats Just want to thank all of you Kaldorei for actually taking a strong stand against our lil' raiding party in Darnassus. We didn't expect that much defense from y'all. Had us surprised. Was a fun bit of PvP, though. Maybe we'll come back harder sometime.Solskaron8 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 mg professional listings. http://mgprofessions.proboards.com/index.cgi yes this is a private fan forum for mg folks to get their proffesions used ang get work done, it also has a spot for art requests and comishies. Yes i understand the inherant risks of created a site like this. I understand fully that this can go fubard. so please keep in mind when you join this site you join at your own risk (a risk one takes if they decide to do anything with someone out side the game and its bounderies) that being said. I will NOT let trolls soil my sacred lands, while you are on the site you will act propper. no fighting, no discussions of lore. and for the love of the planet Bob. don't act like a spoiled brat. enjoy a site that was formed because trade chat is crap for professions ~Dat, Xin'Xin, HazelHazel0 Aug 9, 2012