Wyrmrest Accord

Nov 22, 2010 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft Realm Discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss happenings on your realm with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Bashiok0 Nov 22, 2010
Jun 1 Master Post - Racial Lore Guides: Horde (Pasting this from the old forums, Thanks to Danikah and Kalanii and Quill for these and their preservation.) Quill’s Advice to Blood Elves/Those Who Hate Them Original Post (Repost by Kalanii): Your eyes are green. The only blue permitted is the frosty blue of a DK. There are no exceptions. The Sunwell reigniting did not make your eyes change color; fel taint is permanent. Orcs haven't gone back to brown skin. You are not a High Elf. You are not a Half-Elf. High elves and half-elves are Alliance-based. The high elves have thrown in their lot with the Alliance, and the half-elves are half-human, and thus attached to the Alliance. If you are one of these two things and you are playing in the Horde, disguise it. If you are open about this, you will be exiled or, more likely, executed. Play it smart if you must play it at all. You do not hold titles equal to major NPCs. You are not a Grand Magister, a Ranger-General, or a Blood Knight Matriarch. You are not an exception to this rule. Those people are the top of the chain of their respective organizations; you are not their equal. My advice? Be just a magister, a blood knight, or a ranger. Don't define yourself by your title. You can gain respect without a high rank. Blood elves play a subtle game with their politics and power struggles. Most of the power struggles seen in Silvermoon from RPers are duels or RP fights; this would not be tolerated by the guard unless it was taken outside, but moreover, this is not terribly characteristic of the culture. They are crafty people who prefer techniques like blackmail and playing the long game, which comes of their relatively long lives. Stop drawing your weapons and blasting people with your spells and start learning how to wound with words. Be patient. Be clever. Cleverness isn't something you can fake, mind, so if being subtle and working intrigue isn't something you feel up to doing, get out of the Silvermoon scene or don't try to play the sort of bloodelf who is into power struggles. A blunt bloodelf would not get very far in their culture. Openly talking about throwing down the government or otherwise defying the laws of decency would not happen without consequences. This is more of a general rule for RP, but it happens a lot in Silvermoon so I'm putting it here. You need to acknowledge your environment. Just because the guards won't actually react in game doesn't mean they wouldn't react in lore. We're here to play in the Warcraft world, and that includes using your imagination as to what would happen if you took such actions. Understand that the guards would be after you for stabbing someone if you did it on the street or in an establishment, and that even if you "evaded" them, there would be a warrant for your arrest. Allarya113 Jun 1
Aug 24 Roleplaying 101: A crash course on Characters <insert exodar crash joke here> - Table of Contents (You're reading this, right now.) =========================================================== - Introduction - What this aims to accomplish, and for who - What is "Great Roleplay" and a "Great Roleplayer"? - Lore Accuracy - Start from the beginning, and finish at the end. - Goals: What do I want? - Step One: So many choices, what to go for first? - A shattered mirror: all the pieces of the character that make a whole - What's my Story? - Who do I know? - What do I do? - What -am- I? - Step Two: Socialites and Interacting with the Public - Racial Backgrounds and Stereotypes - Social Mores and Laws - Radicals (fanatics) and Moderates (conservatives) - Who shaped my opinions? (The effect of family on perceptions) - Step Three: An Empty Mind - Filling your Character's Head - Emptying your Character's Head - Personality Traits - Physical Habits and Mannerisms - Step Four: An Empty Life - I've got personality but no lifestyle! - Real world activities vs. "What I can do in WoW" - My class, and how it relates to me - My professions, giving me more than a fat/empty wallet. - Using class and profession to add to a character's dynamics. - Touching bases: How class and profession relate to my society. - Education: What do I know, and who taught me? A final wrap up to your character's story. - Step Five: Hey everybody, come see how good I look! - Physical Appearance and Characteristics - Start big, then go small - Descriptive words - Touching bases (again): Society and tattoos, piercings, ect. - Describing my Garb (what do I wear?) - Affiliations and Dressing (who do I know and how does that effect my dress?) - Final Step: Affiliations and my place in the world - Who am I now? (ranks, titles, and other affluential tomfoolery) - In closing: - Final Tips - From Hero to Zero: How good characters fall to pieces. - A thank you =========================================================== Roleplaying 101 - Yet another jerk telling you how to play your game. An Introduction: Welcome to roleplaying 101! This will be yet another thread where someone tells you in a stuck up and haughty manner why you suck at rp and how to fix it. It's your $15 a month, so by all means ready the flamethrowers and burn this thread to the ground. In all seriousness if that's your views, feel free to go read another thread. If you want to learn, well hopefully I can teach you something in my handful of years of roleplay. If I can't teach you something, well I can say I tried. And if I can't say that, I can at least say I wasted a good chunk of time facerolling this keyboard for you all. For those of you that dislike long threads: that's too bad. I'm writing this thread for a guild myself and a friend are planning on creating after seeing some of the roleplay within this server and deciding we wanted to control our exposure to the community in order to create a roleplay environment rich in immersion and character development that pertains to lore accuracy. If your reaction at this point revolves around the word "elitist" you're probably right. For those of you who I haven't chased off yet: lets cut to the chase! The very...very long chase. What this aims to accomplish, and for who: Who am I talking (typing) to in this thread? To anyone who wants to expand their roleplaying character to be a rich and developed individual, who feels like a real person who actually exists in the "World of Warcraft". Someone who grew up here, developed their mind here, and would contribute to the society here. Who this doesn't pertain to: People who play "just to have fun" People who use the excuse "It's my $15" People who don't roleplay People who could care less about lore, immersion, and realism in roleplay Ghostcrawler (everyone seems to hate on his watercooler posts, so I might as well kick him in the kidney while he's down!) What this thread aims to accomplish is to be a comprehensive guide to creating a character who is fully developed and inserted into this game's lore. This thread may not be for the casual roleplayer or someone who is not really interested in making a basal rp character to throw bombs in the pig and whistle, and stare harshly at all the non-paladins in the Cathedral, or ERP as a female draenei.Alinaris139 Aug 24
Oct 1 Roleplaying 102: The Revenge of Society RP 102: Read RP 101 First Welcome to RP 102! Forgive the long time between the previous RP 101 and this thread, I was a bit busy and couldn't find time to sit down long enough to collect thoughts and put them into an intelligent thread, and nobody wants to hear me ramble. Nobody. This RP 102 thread is a bit shorter than my original RP 101 thread. You'll have to forgive me on this. I've been really busy and this is the best I could throw together. If there's enough interest, I may even write a RP 103 thread. If you want to see some tips and such for something I didn't touch in either thread, or have questions/comments feel free to contact me in game as Alinaris or Zakarov. So lets get down to business! Once again, if you haven't read RP 101, I highly recommend you read it first, as this thread deals with advanced RP concepts and may or may not ever refer to the original 101 thread. Welcome to the revenge of society. Like your favorite horror movie villains, me repeating this word over and over again will never die, and come back to haunt you while you're swimming at your favorite summer camp. Silly councilors... As always this thread is for a specific type of person, and not for others. If you're interested in learning some advanced RP concepts, brushing up on that pop culture character you made, or in general someone interested in learning and expanding your already expansive knowledge of (draenei female tail length) roleplay, then continue on! However if you're any of the following, please do not read any further as I'm afraid this thread will probably just frustrate you and/or cause you to develop unsightly welts. Ghostcrawler If you may or may not be a werepenguin. Any and all Lady Gaga roleplayers. If you own more than fifteen beanie babies. People who cannot handle sarcasm and satire. People who will read the table of contents and flame on something they read without reading the actual subject matter at hand. I love you guys so much. Gnomes (Because we all know gnomes are mythical creatures that do not exist.) Here's your table of contents: 1. An intro to RP 102 and a recap on 101. 2. But I want to rp as spider man! Pop culture done right. 3. Crazy RP abilities: How to commit self suicide. 4. Dragon Roleplay: If you're gonna do it, do it right. (Don't do it) 5. Erotic Roleplay (and how it's ruining your favorite server right now!) 6. Expanding your character even further (social events and you) This is a more focused thread touching on several “taboo” subjects and how to deal with them appropriately, and what generally ruins such things for people. This thread will be kept clean, so don't see #5 up there and get all excited (looking at you, draenei) because this isn't a “how to guide” but rather where it may or may not fit in, and the arguments for both sides. If you're concerned, read the next post on what each section will contain.Alinaris47 Oct 1
Jun 12 IC Twitter Project: On the Rise Again! *A small book appears in from of you...It says: "I am the magical Twitt."* Hello everybody! I'm not sure if anyone is still active in the IC Twitter, since it's all full! So, I, Pisella the Pie Vendor, have decided to make a new thread! So add us on Twitter, or make your own! Same rules apply! ... List: ...Pisella124 Jun 12
May 26 The Great Alliance Guild Directory! The Great Alliance Guild Directory! Please request a sticky! Looking for a guild? Have a guild but looking for members? You're in the right place! RP Guilds(All Races): http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-2 RP Guilds(Specific Races): http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-7 PVE Guilds: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-10 PVP Guilds: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-10 Other(Social, mish-mash, et cetera): N/A Format: Guild Name Here "motto here" Description: ( short description here 3-5 sentences max. ) Races: (What races are allowed?) Leader(s): Requirements: (Lore-compliance, website application, interview, specific ilvl, et cetera) Recruitment: (url to guild advertisement thread, if any. Otherwise, how do people join?) Website: (url to guild website, if any.) Wiki link: (url to wiki page, if any) General Information: If you have trouble with the forums/are banned, you can send me an in-game mail at Jaeysa with the info or you can e-mail me at warriorjaeysa@gmail.com Please try to keep your adverts as brief as possible. Anything over 150 characters may be shortened by me. Unless you are the guild leader or an officer with the GL's permission, please don't post for your guild. If you have any changes to your post, please send me in-game mail on Jaeysa, as not only do I check it more frequently it'll cut down on the number of posts.Please request a sticky!Jaeysa106 May 26
May 15 [RP Resource] Herb and Alchemy Guide Hey, Wyrmrest Accord! So, since October 2017, I've been working on a project that documents the herbs and reagents of Azeroth, in great detail, from an in-universe perspective. I think it's finally in a state where I can release it. So far, it contains all the major herbs from every expansion, common reagents, and some of the rarer quest herbs. Since the guide is far too long to put on the forums, I've put it on a tumblr blog. It can be found here: ... I tried to look at where each plant is found, their physical appearance, the lore of the lands they grow, and what they are used for alchemically. They're arranged in several categories, such as region, properties, expansion, and environment so that it's easier for RPers to incorporate them into their RP. Here's a sample entry, for Peacebloom: ... I want to give a HUGE thank you to my guild, Hollowlight Ventures, the community of Moon Guard for the support and love they've shown me throughout this project. I'd also like to thank Cannibal on WrA for making an INCREDIBLE list of plants and letting me use it!(https://wow.gamepedia.com/User:Cannibeans/Plants). If you haven't seen it, you should. I'm going to continue updating the guide, but I hope y'all find it a good resource! I've had a ton of fun writing it. Please let me know what yall think!Greáves8 May 15
2m Poison Type RPers: What Attracts the Toxic? So this is a tangent that was partially inspired by a recently-deleted thread about orcs, but it's not a sequel to that thread. It's more... a crazy place my mind has wandered to in my musings. I'd just as soon not continue that debate here. <3 So with that out of the way... From your own personal RP experience and perspective, are there any patterns in RP concepts/themes that attract toxic RPers? I've certainly noticed some disturbing themes among the Scarlet Crusade. Back in MoP I saw toxic stuff with the Kor'kron, though I largely ignored it and RPed at Razor Hill so I wasn't badly impacted personally. Truthfully I didn't realise the harassment was as bad as it turned out to be until years later.Malverlain49 2m
2h <Jadewind Coalition> 'Mercs With Quirks' Jadewind Coalition is opening our doors to open recruitment for the first time. More info below our contact info! To apply, you may contact: In Game: Alphaeus Bnet: Alphie#11731 Discord: Alphie#3750 Or, you can submit an application through our Google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XMK0DlSAPEfx5WOj7UW343cuFvCxBPX2XsW7963qYzU/edit?usp=drivesdk Who We Are We are a close-knit guild of friends and our aim is to provide a fun, active, and friendly community to enable players to share their stories and progress their characters together. United by a common cause, the Jadewind Coalition is a mercenary crew and extended found-family. We accept people of all stripes and races to our ranks and many of our members have very long, storied histories with each other. The Village The Jadewind Coalition is based out of a small village in the Jade Forest. The Jadewind Village was once a Pandaren settlement but during the conflict between the Horde and the Alliance it was badly damaged. After purchasing the land and remaining buildings from the old inhabitants the benefactors of the Jadewind Coalition refurbished the village and made it their organization’s home base. The Airship The Jadewind Coalition owns an airship which is used as their main means of travel to the vast far flung areas of Azeroth. Guild Ranks/Divisions Frontliners Group Head: Cinderbrooke/Vindliahh Function: Combatants who best serve being front and center in the face of conflict and battle. (i.e. ‘tanks’) Adepts Group Head: Manadhon Function: Those who best serve conflict from afar or through ways that aren’t head-on (engineers, sharpshooters, etc.). Medics Group Head: Alphaeus Function: For healers, medicinal experts, and others who specialize in some form of mending. Preceptors Group Head: Mionne Function: Scholarly types who wish to aid the Coalitions efforts via research, study, and experimentation. Also for teachers who wish to pass on their knowledge of various subjects. Our Approach to Events We encourage our members to create, explore, and share with others. While the officers work together to provide ongoing and evolving stories and events, we enable our members to do the same among each other and with the guild as a whole. We make use of a variety of approaches to storytelling from free form to roll based systems with an emphasis on player freedom. Guild Rules Be Kind Be tolerant, be courteous, don’t be a #!!@#!%@. If someone asks you to stop doing something, be it an officer or another member, please be respectful of their wishes. No derogatory insults, bashing, shaming, or call-outs. Keep IC and OOC Separate In-character actions have in-character consequences, out of character actions have out of character consequences. Just because a character is abrasive does not mean the player is as well. Playing an aggressive, impersonal character will have repercussions just like playing a shy, antisocial character will have their own repercussions too. In-character conflict is healthy, but does not mean that the player has issue with the other players involved. If there are issues, please let an officer know as soon as possible. ERP belongs in private channels Please keep explicit and excessively violent roleplay in private channels such as party chat and whispers. Combat style Combat systems for the guild vary on a case-by-case basis. For larger events we use a roll system. For smaller events, it is the DM’s choice. This guild is 18+ The guild’s minimum age requirement is 18 years of age and older. Please keep this in mind when applying. Activity policy Every so often we will clean the roster of people that haven’t been on for six months. We do ask that if you plan to be gone for an extended period to let us know so that you don’t accidentally get kicked during a roster clean-up. If you do get kicked on accident and let us know, we will happily invite you back. If you bring alts into the guild please let us know who they are so that we can make notes and keep track of who-is-who. Real life comes first We understand that people are busy with family, work, school, other games, and obligations outside of the guild and WoW. We all face hardships in life and we may feel like venting to the people with whom we play every night, and that is fine. Friendships come with that. Though life can get hard and things can happen, please refrain from clogging up the chat with constant negativity. We’re all here to play and relax. If you truly feel the need to vent you are welcome to take someone aside privately.Alphaeus1 2h
2h Classic Servers-Thoughts? Obviously there has not been a wealth of information on these and that's fine. I expect Blizz will be keeping quiet on those as they figure out what they want to do and how they want to do it. We do know it is based on Patch 1.12, the last big patch before BC dropped. They are also trying to do things like imprint a lot of the modern stuff, such as anti-cheating software, making sure it runs on current gen software, etc. In the spirit of conversation though, I have a few questions to try and entertain us as we glean WoWhead and other sites for more BfA information for who knows how many times? 1.) Will you play on the official Classic Servers? Why or why not? 2.) Are you going to play on an RP server if they offer one, or just pick whatever’s comfortable? 3.) Will you be sticking with your main (essentially, a reroll of your current race and class combo) or will you make an entirely new one for Classic? If so, what are you looking at? 4.) Are you planning on RPing at all? If so, are you going to rehash your old character and treat it like their past self/alternate universe, or will you make someone new? 5.) Do you have any specific goals in mind to accomplish on Classic servers, such as High Warlord or Scepter of the Shifting Sands? 6.) If you could bring one modern game convenience (such as LFG, LFR, guild perks, etc) to Classic servers, what would you bring? What’s one you hope stays in the future? 7.) What’s one thing you’re looking forward to most about Classic? What’s one thing you aren’t looking forward to? I look forward to seeing everyone's responses!Luggond40 2h
2h Carry Service - ML/PL Antorus Heroic Greetings Wyrmrest Accord, <Imperium> is offering four services at this time: Master Loot, Heroic Antorus Base price is 250k Includes: -Full run, master loot -Loot Priority to you, each piece of gear purchased costs an additional 50k -Heroic Argus included (perks below) Availability: Wednesday, 6pm. Personal Loot, Heroic Antorus Base price is 350k Includes: -Full run, personal loot -You keep what you get -Heroic Argus included Availability: Wednesday, 6pm Heroic Argus Base price is 150k Includes: -Ahead of the Curve Achievement -Violet Spellwing -Chance at a Pantheon Trinket -Any personal loot drops that drop for you (ilvl 955). Availability: Wednesday or Friday Mythic +15 Carries Base price is 160k Any subsequent runs/weeks cost 120k Includes: -A guaranteed 960 piece of loot (worth about 250-300k on the AH) -Any 940 loot that you can use that drops from the box -Keystone Master Achievement (with skin color for weapon!) Availability: Anyday. Contact to schedule a run Any questions, concerns, or appointments can be set up with Aura, Imperium's Financial Officer, as I am currently AFK until September. Toa#1821Dakera25 2h
2h BFA Megathread 9 (SPOILERS) Last post: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765177246?page=1 So much for the last thread being the final thread before the prepatch, we tore through that one like wet paper.Banrok423 2h
2h Lore Question/Discussion My group is all working towards unlocking the Nightborne right now. The concept that I am most excited about is our group being a recent exiles - but that gave rise to the question of how did they survive away from the well WITHOUT turning to the Fel magic? Then I recalled the old BC cinematic & BElf starter zone quest where they basically consume a mana wyrm. So the question is this - is there anything lore wise stopping me from RPing a character that is essentially a mana vampire?Rudiania1 2h
2h A request for Undead Models in BfA I humbly ask that we get the option (Like how Orcs are getting a posture option) To play the Chinese Client model of Undead, which is basically the same but without all the bones. My reasoning for this, is that the bones cause clipping issues and make some Transmog options look off. This is just my personal request, I won't speak for everyone, but I think it'd be a nice addition. Thanks.Xin30 2h
2h Looking For Feedback - Backstory I recently wrote a thing to get my creative juices flowing and start truly fleshing out Beronan here. I was wondering if anyone was willing to offer any feedback, GOOD or BAD! Too cliché? Any changes need? Thanks! The muffled caw of a crow could be heard descending from the dark canopy of trees overhead as Beronan slowly and cautiously walked the gloomy paths of the decaying forest he found himself in, his weapon ever ready in his hand. A thick, green hued fog hung low among the sharp leafless branches that seemed to reach out at the large man. Were these same branches reaching out in desperation, attempting to escape the diseased woods, or were they reaching out to ensnare any soul unfortunate enough to be wandering the darkened paths of the forest? Beronan quickened his pace, unwilling to find out. He knew of trees and plants that could uproot themselves and wander around and he hoped this same, albeit diseased, flora could not do the same. Gripping his mighty hammer tighter, Beronan quickly scanned his surroundings. He had been here before, countless times in fact. He knew that, years before, this had been a brightly lit and pleasant forest, steeped in history. He had learned as much from his father, who travelled these same paths delivering goods for many summers. Beronan had even accompanied his father on many of these trips before he was sent to Lordaeron City to study. It was there that his knowledge and understanding of Tirisfal Glade and the Silverpine Forests truly hit its peak. These woods were no longer the same, though. Creatures born of evil resided here now, the same creatures that Beronan had spent the past few years fighting. He hoped he could slip through the woods undetected, though his hopes weren’t very high. The Undead ruled both Tirisfal and Silverpine, and they were ever present and vigilant in these parts. The man knew to be on his guard at all times, lest he be quickly overwhelmed by his enemies. As Beronan continued his dreadful journey, he suddenly felt as if he was being watched by countless eyes, the hair on the back of his neck standing on end. Stopping abruptly, he gripped his warhammer tightly with both hands, and peered around, straining to see something, anything through the dense fog. He heard his enemy before he saw him. Hearing the soft crack of a branch, Beronan turned to his left to face his foe. Nothing. His heart beat faster as sweat collected on his brow, despite the relatively cool temperatures. Another crack was heard, this time coming from Beronan’s right. Evidently, he was being surrounded. With this in mind, Beronan closed his eyes, and knelt upon the damp soil. Bowing his head, he began to recite a prayer beneath his breath, his left hand resting upon the libram at his side, while his right hand still held his hefty weapon. A calmness swept over the Paladin as he stood up once more and called out to his foes. “I do not fear you! The Light protects me!” A strangled cry broke out at the mention of the Light. Two putrid smelling ghouls came rushing from the darkened banks of the forest, intent on ending Beronan’s life. A third leapt from the branches above, slavering at the mouth. Though he had been prepared for the two ghouls rushing at him from the sides, Beronan had not expected a third attacking from above.Beronan2 2h
3h Entrusted with an "enemy" baby? An eternity ago, I posed this same exact prompt on the forums. With the two factions being engulfed in war come BfA and in a world where race/species and political affiliation go hand-in-hand, what better time to bring it up again? Imagine your character traveling during the height of the war-to-come when they come across an "enemy" woman in labor on the side of the road. (A draenei coming across an orc, a troll coming across a human, etc. ) She is of no threat, an unarmed civilian. Clearly weakened, she does not have long in this world. Assuming your character does not outright kill the mother, and assuming she entrusts the child in their care (whether it be verbally or with hand gestures), what would your character's next course of action be? Abandon the child right there and then? Hide them away and care for them in secret for the rest of the war? Go out of their way to seek out a neutral outpost in a world more polarized than ever? Perhaps a different course of action? Maybe an even darker path?Zatiya57 3h
3h Orc: Part Two'el (Now focused off forums) Reverting to a prior plan for the orc community planning.Jorint15 3h
3h [A-RP] <Telogrus Outreach> is now recruiting! *A crisp, clean letter in elven script begins to pop up in bulletin and public boards across Stormwind. What sets them apart from the other notices and warrants is that they are written on black paper and sparkling, golden white ink. * Fellow Ren’dorei, Our people have stared into the heart of darkness and have made it through to the other side. While our exile from Quel’thalas and the home we once knew still stings the hearts of many of our number, Alleria and the Alliance have given us a place to call our own and grow in strength. Now it is up to us to make it a home. We are a dispossessed community, banished and forgotten by our kin. Unlike others that join our new union, we have changed as a people in ways they do not understand. We are unfamiliar to their eyes even though we have been so close for so long. We must not let that fear of the unknown cast us out of Stormwind as it has the lands of our ancestry. For this, we have formed the Telogrus Outreach. We strive for a better communion with our new Alliance neighbors while strengthening our identity as Ren’dorei. We shall not stagnate or sink into savagery as we have in the past, and we will share our culture and our knowledge with our allies while building a community of our own within the Alliance. Join us as we hold celebrations and gatherings for our fellow scions of the Rift. Join us as we reach out and strengthen our bond with the kingdoms and races that see the promise of our people. We are here for you, brothers and sisters. The Telogrus Outreach is with you. *The posting goes on later with information and places to contact the guild, as well as people of note. The flier concludes with the guild’s crest, stylized with stars and elvish symbols across a field of blue.* *** Telogrus Outreach is a Void Elf centric guild that focuses on roleplay and story building. We hope to carve out a place for the Ren’dorei community in Stormwind and beyond, and invite our Alliance brethren to join in future events and social gatherings. If your Void Elf character needs a place to belong or is struggling with becoming part of the Alliance, we may be the guild for you! Contact Somnelle or Revendel for more information and thank you for reading! Our application can be found at tinyurl.com/TOApplicationSomnelle39 3h
3h Monster For Hire! (Dark RP) Hello! I'm Nuckelavee (RP profile name: The Ne'Kalue) Despite my intelligible speech, I am a monster (ICly at least) that is for the most part, indiscriminate in it's attacking of anyone and anything that is in it's path. Do you possibly wish to have me cross paths with you (be it a singular person or a group)? Then contact me in-game via Whisper, Mail, or via Discord (I will link this thread in the Wyrmrest Discord 'lf_roleplay' channel) and we can talk about coordinating RP. Now, all of you have a good day! And if you hear any inhuman(oid) shrieking ... do you dare discover it's source?Nuckelavee0 3h
3h Whats your main and why do you like him/her? Hey I just wanted to see what people like about their mains, and if they actually liked the gameplay of the class. All of the questions should refer to the same character, even if you don't really rp on him, or don't really do content on him/her. Just what you like/dislike about the one character you consider your "main". 1) Do you consider your "main" to be an RP character, gameplay character or both? 2) What do you like about roleplaying on your main? 3) What don't you like about roleplaying on your main? 4) What do you like about your mains class? (Gameplay, Mechanics, roles, utility, etc) 5) What don't you like about your mains class?(Gameplay, Mechanics, roles, utility, etc) 6) Do you play on alts, and if so what purpose do they serve to you? (More rp, guild needed a healer, whatever)Vanalore16 3h
4h Question for our Resident Night Elf guilds Do you RP your facial markings as having any special significance? How would your Character react to a human having a re-creation of one? To remember someone Veri here had as a sort of adoptive mother in Vanilla/BC I'm planning for her to have the Blue leaf over just her right eye (Not both as she is not actually a Night elf.) I read on wowpieda that the leaf represents healing, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. Anyways I'm also planning on getting a portrait of Veri done, but wanted the opinion of our local WRA Night elf experts before doing it. I'm sure some characters will re-act poorly IC and some would be curious so I'm hoping it could lead to some decent RP for me as I'm newly back to the game.Veriaana5 4h
4h What do we 'really' know? So as players in this game, the over abundance of information streaming through the internet, babbling on forums, it's hard not to get caught up in the overwhelming sense of cynicism in regards to the story of Warcraft. The cyclical routine of a big bad rolling up, the Horde being aggressive and the Alliance taking a side seat, among with many other spoilers definitely colors my outlook of the direction of the game. But it's dawned on me, slightly inspired by Cannibal's post(well done by the way) that looking back on the matter, is any of this information in-organically coloring how we're playing our characters? Better yet, since while we as players have the luxury through cinematic and novels, to have front row seats to the dabblings of Sylvannas and Anduin, our characters don't. In fact, as far as I've seen it illustrated through beta(I'm nearing the end of Before the Storm), the flow of information to just the grunts on the ground often seems to be the other side wanted to to fight first. So I'm curious, how 'ignorant' or 'aware' are your characters to events in regards to BFA or WoW in general? Are they the ones sitting in the meetings of officers and world leaders, which makes them fairly jaded to the antics of both sides? Or is their information filtered through the lens of their respective faction and they are doing no wrong? Just a thought.Lianshí15 4h
5h Alliance Brewer's Guild - Summer Brewfest What: The Alliance Brewer's Guild is a conglomerate of breweries, vintners, and other alcohol enthusiasts who constantly work together and host seasonal brewfests! With the Legion defeated, it's time to relax and have a good time during the warm summer of Azeroth! So come out and drink, eat, and take a load off! Where: The Summer Brewfest will be held in Lakeshire, Redridge Mountains this year! The perfect spot to enjoy a nice summer eve. When: July 14th at 6PM Server (PST). Vendors: -Burly Darkdraft of Darkdraft Mineral Brews -Bathildis Ironstout of Ironstout Brewery -Elizebella Ludlow of Ludlow Vineyards -Olviane Haldstan of The Violet Tap -Liang Batchoi with exotic pandaren drafts and food Activities: -Fishing Contest -Drinking Contest -Drunken Race (May include gunshoes) -Summer Mog Contest Who: If you would like to host a booth or an activity for the fest, please contact "Darkdraft" in-game or leave a comment here with who you are and what you would like to do!Darkdraft8 5h
7h TRP/MRP profiles can soon be reported https://blizzardwatch.com/2018/06/15/toxicity-via-addons-get-smackdown-battle-azeroth/ Thought this was an interesting article that was relevant to our RP servers and users of TRP and MRP. Basically blizzard's implemented an optional logging function that addon writers can use to log rp profiles for the purpose of reporting them and doling out suspensions and bans where appropriate. I know there's a lot of people on the server whose profiles aren't necessarily a big raunchy kinks list or anything, but they may still broach adult topics or link to a commission that may or may not have nudity in it, but could be considered risque and against the ToS regardless. Time for some folks to possibly clean up their TRPs.Jerrod123 7h
8h LF med/heavy "tight-knit" RP guild I've been RPing in WoW since BC. Have years of experience with D&D years before I found WoW. LF a med/heavy RP guild with a tight-knit community. I value this above all else. But what do I mean by tight-knit? I see this phrase thrown around a lot by guilds and they do not stay true to their word. I've been in a few guilds during my years in WoW and have never been one to guild hop. I was fortunate enough to spend my first 10 years of wow in the same guild. It was a great guild. It was so tight-knit that I've met several of its members IRL, multiple times. They even sent me care packages while I was deployed. They truly cared for their members and it was a guild that I (as well as everyone else who was in it) looked forward to logging into every day. When you had a problem, you brought it to your guild and they offered advice or just comforting words. The members, and especially the officers, went out of their way to make each member feel like they were part of a group and not just random people. The officers didn't RP amongst themselves. They didn't center all RP events that they offered to the guild around themselves and treat their officer characters are untouchables that could make or break RP. They encouraged personal character development. It was a guild that I was sad to see go when the RP server it was on died and people moved on due to RL (with no help from WoD). So when I hear guilds saying "tight-knit" and then proceed to join said guild and get downright ignored IC and OOC and have the officers disappear into their own self-absorbed RP storyline that they then offer to the guild to join in with no real way to affect RP at all (they're basically there to show off their "awesome" RP storyline and show how "awesome" their own officers are to the rest of the guild and we just get to pretty much sit back and watch), then I become very cynical towards any guild that gives itself such a label. As you can tell, searching for a guild that gave me what I once had with my first guild has left me close to jaded. I play WoW for the storyline and gameplay and because I get bored. But I can take WoW or leave it. What keeps me coming back to WoW should be the guild I'm in. The connections and friendships I make are what I crave. If I join a guild, I shouldn't have to strive to become an officer just to get a chance at decent RP. I shouldn't be ignored because I'm not an officer. I shouldn't have to go sit in SW just to get random RP walk-ups. I've considered creating my own guild to recreate what I think made my first guild so great, but I do not see a demand for it on WRA (either people have already found these great guilds that I'm not finding, or I'm just not seeing it on these forums). So, that leaves me with trying to find a guild that checks off all of these boxes. Sadly, I can't find one. They're either not advertising, or they don't frequent main cities (because I watch trade chat like a hawk when I'm on). So, tl'dr: I'm looking for a med/heavy RP guild that is actually tight-knit and isn't using that phrase so loosely. A active guild that prides itself on forming more than IC connections and an officer core that is dedicated to serving its members with quality RP chances (either one-off events or long-term campaigns) and quality OOC engagements. I am interested in quality and frequent RP events. My main is Lawful/Good if that helps narrow things down. Can anyone help point me in the right direction to a few guilds that are active in-game?Maadra16 8h
8h [H-RP] Firebrand Enterprises Updated June 9th! Firebrand Enterprises is a commercial venture created to finance a variety of projects. Owned and operated by V, the company is looking for investment opportunities as well as employees in a variety of fields at various skill levels. "Your Future is Our Business." We are not race or class restricted in any way but your character must be able to work for a goblin who's main interest is making gold and succeeding in business. Employees include a variety of fighters, an engineer and a librarian as well as a doctor, a secretary, a gardener and a cook. Current storylines * An intricate, layered alchemical and magical project. * Construction and engineering jobs. * Business networking. * An elemental conundrum. A medium roleplaying guild, Firebrand runs weekly events and will mostly focus on stories. Using a /roll 20 based combat system to resolve story conflicts, we're looking for players over the age of 20 who use Discord. An in-character interview as well as an out-of-character chat with V are required, to ensure that both you and your character will fit in and enjoy your time with us. Discord: Vee#8400 or Megahes#5796. Ingame, Veendel (two L's) or Megahes. In addition to other concepts, of particular interest to Firebrand Enterprises right now are people interested in playing villains as well as their own character, crafters willing to offer goods at a public market event and item collectors. Additions to our medical, engineering and researching branches are always welcome. If any of these ideas interest you, we want to know.Veendel44 8h
8h A letter arrives to the Orgrimmar Embassy... It appears printed from a press in Orcish. ...The employees seem confused. They have no citizenship renunciation protocol. Accompanying the more formal letter is a handwritten one, this time in clear Common....Cannibal83 8h
9h [A-RP]<Kalimdor Collective> is recruiting! Greetings friends and allies! The Kalimdor Collective is looking for able bodied adventurers to aid us on our mission to protect the people and lands of Kalimdor! The Kalimdor Collective is a group of like-minded adventurers whose strength comes from our diversity. All are welcomed in to the Collective with open arms, regardless of race or background. Our only requirement is that you have reason to answer the call to serve Kalimdor and its people. The Kalimdor Collective travels to all corners of Azeroth and beyond in pursuit of our mission. Will you answer the call and join us? [OOC] <Kalimdor Collective> is currently recruiting! As mentioned above, all races and classes are welcome. If there is a call to serve Kalimdor, then we may be the guild for you. Kalimdor Collective engages in weekly, story-driven RP, spanning all corners of Azeroth and beyond. We also participate in casual raiding, as well as the occasional Mythic plus or battleground. We are a tight knit community looking to add to our ranks. We pride ourselves on our mutual respect and maturity, and wish to foster a sense of community among members both new and old. If this sounds like the right fit for you and your character, we encourage you to apply! For more information, or to apply, please visit our website at: Kalimdorcollective.shivtr.com Or contact one of our officers (Telrien, Maeshkin, or Mirodiil) in game!Maeshkin47 9h
10h [H] Old Soles We were looking for a guild with older minded people. We created "Old Soles" this week on th Horde side. Very casual place. Some of us have never had any RP experience and want to try. Others have experience and want more casual Rp. Maybe some don't want to Rp at all but just want to be with older minds. Wanted to let those who were interested that we did in fact start the guild. Look for anyone in game from Old Soles or send Lilee in game mail with your name to add. *We have people joining from all over the world so don't worry if you are in a different time zone. We also take any level and alts are welcome*Lilee121 10h
10h Potential Boralus RP: Inquiry Hey guys! First off, please ignore this placeholder Elf. This name is going to go to my human main once I transfer him over. I've got access to beta, and I've been watching as Blizz adds more RP ready areas to Boralus. A lot of these spaces are taverns and various shops. However, one area of potential use is the gallows centrally located between the Dampwick Ward and the Ashvane Grounds. The Executioner says they hang for the crimes of "piracy, theft, and murder" for one group. When you next run up, he says they're hanging the NPCs for "usury" and cites their "predatory lending" as having "robbed many good people of Hook Point of their savings." So: Kul Tiras isn't exactly shy when it comes to hanging people for crimes. My question is how would this roleplay be potentially received? If I were to host a mini-event where just that happened, some NPC criminals were hanged, would that be met with animosity? Other RP communities I've been around have become extremely volatile when this type of RP comes up. (I know what everyone must be thinking: if people are outraged by it, it must be handled poorly and be exploitative. However, I usually saw people create these events with a lot of time and effort. Some people simply didn't darker, for lack of better word, themes and became very negative about it.) I expect characters to interact ICly, so some might be outraged and horrified. I expect people to be similarly OOCly frustrated if it's handled poorly or done in an exploitative way. But I guess I just want to get a sense of whether it would even be welcome at all. Edit: I've had advice to maybe keep it out of /say. I think that maybe the actual "execution" of it could happen either in a raid chat (and spill over raid chat if needed), or maybe a chat channel? BFA is uncapping the limit on chat channels, so maybe something like that would keep the actual Deed out of /say for those who don't wanna see it.Cesare5 10h
10h Pacifistic Pandaren Seeks Good Guild Well. As much as I'd love to stand around Orgrimmar all day and feel like a complete dolt for being too shy/nervous to actually approach any players about RPing, I think I'd rather just take a different route and see if there's any guilds who wouldn't mind having a new member with a different mindset in them. If it helps any, Töriél here is more pacifistic in nature, and only fights if it's absolutely necessary. She's more into the culinary arts and just being a chatty gossip, with a penchant for easily making friends. Who knows; depending on the guild she falls in with, maybe she'll change? (Note: Just because she's got the same name as a beloved goatmom, does not mean I am RPing her with that personality. I just happen to like the name. So any comments about her being of any relation to said gotemom are just... stupid.)Töriél8 10h
10h [A]<The Shadow Vault>: Neutral Ebon Blade RP The Shadow Vault is a true neutral, medium RP guild primarily for Death Knights who serve at the Ebon Blade base of the same name in Icecrown. The guild is Alliance-side but we are very open to cross-faction RP. Most of our roleplay occurs in Northrend. Our goals (IC): ● To execute the orders of the Deathlord and act as the Lich King's agents against the Legion. ● To continue to purge Azeroth of the restless remnants of the Scourge and the Cult of the Damned. ● To maintain diplomatic relations between the Knights of the Ebon Blade and the Alliance and Horde. We are neither good nor evil and recognize the value of our allies. We do what the living cannot, whether they agree with it or not -- but we don't cause trouble unless the threat to our ties is worth it. Our goals (OOC): ● To provide a friendly haven for experienced death knight roleplayers and Scourge fans, and help to repair the poor reputation held by death knight roleplay on the server in general. ● To function as a reliable, neutral Ebon Blade presence for the server to refer to when they need contact with the faction. ● To create and foster roleplay on Wyrmrest Accord related to DKs, the Scourge, the Cult of the Damned, etc. ● To provide assistance for new and leveling Death Knights with questing, dungeons, and learning the class. This is not a class-restricted guild! We welcome any living characters who have an interest in associating with the Knights of the Ebon Blade: family, diplomats, researchers, historians-- any curious minds who can stand the smell. :) --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Specializations and Professions Characters are not required to pursue any of these, but it provides a platform for you to need others and others to need you! Specializations Reavers - Your horrifying death machine soldier knight. Darkriders - Scouts and aerial support. Shadowmender - Supportive necromancy / spellcasting. Professions Archivists - Librarians and curators. Our unliving Google machines. Fleshcrafter - Our doctors who repair and maintain undead flesh. Plaguebrewers - Masters of potions for zombies and blight-herbalism. Runesmiths - Seek to know everything about every rune and array. Like a lawyer, they're good to know. Quartermaster - Keep track of our supplies and handle supply requests. This person is probably organized. Instructor - Train new death knights. You can see a prettier explanation with more details on these here: tinyurl.com/TSVspecs --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Cult of the Damned Cult of the Damned characters are also welcome: friends and guildies OOC, enemies IC. Read more about our expectations for cultist characters here: http://theshadowvault.weebly.com/cult-of-the-damned.html --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Casual PvE We enjoy casual PvE (H raiding & mythic+ dungeons). We are primarily a RP guild, so we are very beginner-friendly and prefer to do lighter content to be more inclusive. Our goal is to enjoy raid time as a stress-free social activity for the guild to do something together outside of RP. We endeavor to obtain AotC every tier and have been successful since we started in HFC. Current progression: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/wyrmrest-accord/The+Shadow+Vault What to expect: ● Unscheduled Mythic+ groups forming through the week ● Raiding 3 total hours 1 night a week (Saturday 5-8 PM ST) in a casual, friendly environment. ● Optional fun/pug night for easier raid content (e.g. Normal) on Fridays at 5 PM ST. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Miscellaneous notes: ● This is not a military guild. (Our focus is character development). ● The guild is an OOC construct, as we are not ICly a group called 'The Shadow Vault'. We simply represent some of the Knights of the Ebon Blade. ● We strive to maintain a good reputation and are somewhat strict regarding characters and play being lore-abiding. We do not support the notions of death knight pregnancy, death knight copulation, death knights who somehow became alive again, death knights who make trouble in major cities, etc. (See website for more). ● We maintain a friendly, drama-free atmosphere and do not tolerate members who troll or harass anyone else on the server. There is no age restriction but we happen to mostly be adults. Our guild website with this info and more: tinyurl.com/theshadowvault Old recruitment thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412401825#1 Please friend Evelyne#1179 or send me an in-game mail if you're interested. Thanks for reading and suffer well! :)Evelyne157 10h
11h [H-RP]<The Blood Offensive> Belf Military ... Many have asked “are they any Sin'dorei military organizations anymore?” While there are, not many give what people want. Structure, unity, organization, and a force to be feared by Silvermoon’s enemies. A powerful mixture of RP and PVP, we will be building our forces for Battle for Azeroth coming in August ... Events posted on the calendar and announced in the Discord several times beforehand so you will be sure to know when they are, even if you forget. ☛ A medium to heavy RP atmosphere where we encourage everyone to be respectful OOC and to remember that irl comes first. ☛ Helpful community of people that will get you to where you want to be with your writing as well as your experience within the guild. ☛ Opportunities of growth based on your character’s actions IC and your activity and attitude OOC. ☛ A place for any of your blood elves to fit into the military regime. ☛ An understanding team of officers that will help you to the best of their ability ☛ A zero tolerance policy for toxicity and rudeness to players both in the guild and outside of it (with some exceptions to events that took place prior to joining the guild). ☛ Detailed campaigns and an array of event types that can include gathering, diplomacy, crafting armor and weapons for the Blood Offensive, infiltration, training, artifact requisition, and anything you can think of that would fit. ☛ More rewards and better opportunities when you work as a team instead of by yourself. ☛ And so much more! ... Our goal is to provide an immersive, military experience that combines the three primary military forces of Quel'thalas, but also providing the growth new or old characters need to cement character progression through as accurately as possible military RP, or what we feel fits in the WoW universe. At the moment, we have very few ranks. But as time goes on, and we obtain a specific amount of members, we will add more ranks and make opportunities of growth in the chain-of-command more possible for every member. ... Right now, it is open enrollment so simply send a message or mail to Sineros, Oathguard, or Jujutsu with any questions. Open enrollment won't last too long!Sineros3 11h
11h [A-RP] Retribution of Arathor rises again A quarter-page notice has been posted throughout Alliance holdings, printed on good parchment in block lettering via printing press. Let it be known that the Retribution of Arathor, Scourge-killers and defenders of the Alliance, has been recommissioned by the order of Alliance High Command. Any able bodies seeking to serve should contact Commander Judean Auroran forthwith with qualifications and their story. For Azeroth. For the Alliance. =============================== Yes, it's that Retribution of Arathor and after years, it's finally moving to Wyrmrest Accord. We are currently seeking roleplayers interested in playing not only in game but via Discord as well. Quasi-military style unit with crossover events with other guilds as they arise. Please contact Judean in game for more information (you can also contact Quinlis or, if Horde and considering a move to blue or seeking a blueside home, Ilthyrii or Tyrvarden). Our website and application is at roa.gamerlaunch.com We're excited to be back.Judean7 11h
11h <The Raven's Crown> <The Raven's Crown> is a union of three separate divisions dedicated to either mercenary work, military operations or researching new and interesting things. It is lead by the Grand Mistress and Grand Legionnaire, with three leaders below them acting as a council, representing each branch. Grand Chancellor for Research, Field Marshal for Military, and Regent Master for Mercenaries. Each branch having their own separate duties to help The Raven's Crown grow and prosper. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We are a newly formed guild on Alliance, actively recruiting to fill our ranks! For any information, you can Send a message to Ëmmà (alt code 137 and 133) Nielénn (alt code 130) Callabrax TaraaliaËmmà0 11h
13h Our Place - LGBTQ+ RP Networking Hey guys! Our Place is a LGBTQ+ RP networking discord server for Wyrmrest Accord and Moon Guard. This server was inspired by LGBT+ friendly places like Our Sanctuary on Guild Wars 2, and the LGBT Friendly group on RPFind.Me. While unaffiliated, we hope to create a chill atmosphere here where people can network with other LGBT/LGBT friendly roleplayers in World of Warcraft. Members can chat casually or use the advertisement channels to search for potential guilds / roleplay partners / plots. Please mind the rules and stay respectful. https://discord.gg/rgC4FAQ Thanks!Proserpina14 13h
14h Horde RP hotspots? I don't know how many times I've walked around Orgrimmar today to see if I could land some RP, only to not really see or get any. I dunno if it's because of the name, or if it's just... Rare, in Orgrimmar. What're the hotspots for RP Horde-side, anyhow? It'd be nice to be able to log on and actually have a decent RP, and not just walk around like an NPC.Töriél12 14h
14h <Life> Selling Raids! Hey there! My guild will be doing Heroic Argus runs for gold every Friday and Tuesday at 6pm server time on Horde. For our Heroic Argus Sales (Argus only), we charge 150,000g. (Gold must be on Wyrmrest.) You'll receive: - Violet Spellwing Mount - Ahead of the Curve Achievement - Chance at loot from Argus (Personal loot) - Chance at a Pantheon trinket We're also selling one Mythic Gul'dan Mount every week for 1,000,000g. (We require a down payment of 100,000g beforehand to avoid no-showing and potentially wasting our time and lockout for the week, you'll have to pay the remaining 900,000 before we pull Gul'dan.) (Gold must be on Wyrmrest.) We're considering selling Heroic Kil'Jaeden runs for the artifact appearance! We'd like to know how many people are interested before we set it up though, please feel free to post in this thread, or message me in-game letting us know you're interested. Feel free to add me at any point at Myst#1683!Infimyst157 14h
14h Question for other members of the Horde I have been playing Alliance mostly for a couple of years, my heart is always with the Horde though. I am wanting to RP my Druid in BfA, but man seeing how Sylvanas has been going more crazy as time has gone on (especially after seeing what she did in the BfA beta cutscene), I am having a hard time finding a place for my Druid in siding with the Horde during the war. Of course, he wants to defend his home and the Horde, but it's almost feeling like Garrosh again with this abuse of power again (and actually almost worse than Garrosh, Sylvanas doesn't seem to care for honor at all). Just curious how people who are dedicated members of the Horde who disagree with Sylvanas, are you going to RP a proud Horde member in BfA? How so? I am hoping there is some sort of small group that despises Sylvanas but doesn't want to leave the Horde so they will find their own way to help the war effort to aid the people of the Horde, not necessarily Sylvanas. I guess we'll see, but I am interested in other peoples opinions on this.Gurahn40 14h
14h Stormwind U's Monthly Colloquium! (A) Stormwind University is proud to announce the first date of our ongoing monthly Colloquium Series in 2018! WHEN: The THIRD Wednesday of each month at the 6th bell of the evening ((7pm Pacific/10pm Eastern)). WHERE: The gatehouse east of Darnassus. WHAT: Stormwind University professors and volunteer guest speakers from all throughout the Alliance will present fascinating talks on academic subjects of importance to us all - delivered in a friendly and non-academic tone that everyone can understand and enjoy. Topics may include, but are not at all limited to: • History • Religion • Biology • Alchemistry • Martial arts and sparring • Lore • First aid • Defense against dark arts • Herbalism • The art of relic recovery • Mechanized automatons and other engineering topics • Performing arts • Psychology in the modern world •Alliance law and jurisprudence And many more! LOOKING FOR SPEAKERS: Are you an expert in your field and can explain it in simple terms to a knowledge-thirsty audience? Feel free to SIGN UP! We have spots open throughout the year, but they do fill up fast! Talks should be at least 25-30 minutes in total, but feel free to spend up to one hour presenting your lecture, as needed! Furthermore, please take into account the potential for audience questions and allow for additional time accordingly! To propose a talk: - Send an in-game mail ((OOC or IC, your choice!)) to Amaranthaea or Odine - Whisper any member of the Stormwind University membership - Contact us through social media at http://stormwinduniv.tumblr.com/ NEXT TALK: June 20th at 7pm (Server time) TOPIC: "Jihui and the Preservation of Pandaren Culture" LECTURER: Kunbo Kettleclaw, Steepmaster of The Bronze TalonsAmaranthaea29 14h
16h [H-RP] <The Strawmen> “The Banshee Queen needs us, we don’t need her!” The inflammatory words rattled forth from the rotten throat of a particularly worn and beaten Forsaken. He paused, peering from beneath the brim of his tattered hat to study the reaction of the small huddle of freshly raised undead whom had (at least momentarily) wandered away from the watchful gaze of the guards stationed in Deathknell. “They ask us to call Sylvanas, ‘Queen’, but what has bowing to royalty and the old order gotten us in the past? This!” The speaker motioned to his own decayed form, then to those of the assembled. “Trusting in the wisdom of those sovereign ‘rulers’ has only brought us misery, a curse of rot and decay, and the loss of all that we cherished before! Are we simply to continue down this same path until we are laid low again? Trust in our ‘betters’ as they continue to profit from our protection? Our labor?” Another brief pause, the speaker stopping to look for any sign of comprehension from the crowd of dazed and confused risen. “I say, no more! We should forge our own destiny together! Free from the yoke of nobles and monarchs that wish only to profit from our efforts while offering little in return. Workers, ‘common folk’, craftsmen, and even the lowliest dregs are entitled to reap the benefits of that which they create for themselves and their fellows." “And so I ask you…", he motioned in the direction of one particular individual towards the front of the crowd, pointing in an almost accusatory way, "…will you join me in casting off the shackles of the so called ‘Banshee Queen’ as we once cast off those placed upon us by the Lich King?" “Will you join me in sharing our joys, fears, and futures with one another, without the thumb of some ‘Better’ pressing down upon us? I hope you will, and I hope we can forge a better future for ourselves, together.” The ragged Forsaken stepped towards the closest of the gathered, pressing a small scrap of fabric into their palm and pushing their fingers closed around it before quickly making an exit into the nearby treeline, the footsteps of approaching Deathguard getting closer by the moment. “Best not wander off!” the soldier barked as she approached the still confused newly arisen, motioning for them to follow. They shakily complied, though one lingered behind, looking over a scrap of fabric clutched in her hand. A scarecrow of deep purple thread sewn onto an ashen, dark grey field. ________________________________ <The Strawmen> is a Forsaken guild composed of the former peasants and commonfolk of Lordaeron. Now suspicious of those bearing noble and royal titles after the utter failure of the old system to protect them and properly cope with the Plague of Undeath, they seek to build their own cooperative community together, free from the Banshee Queen and her personality cult. They still work within the greater "Horde" umbrella, but as a voluntary auxiliary, seeing themselves more as a part of a cooperative of free peoples based on mutual assistance and security than part of a rigid hierarchy. Under certain circumstances, we do accept non-Forsaken members as "Field-hands". This rank usually dictates extra "muscle", affiliates, friends, suppliers,etc. of the Strawmen, though only Forsaken/Undead can climb to higher status within the guild given the guild's goals and theme. We plan to hold our own RP events, participate in the greater server community, and even raid and PvP as well (as a guild, if numbers allow). In addition to being active in game, we also have a Discord server. If interested, contact in game: *Barnabas *Versca *Bibianna ...in game if you're interested in being a prospective member or just want to learn more about the guild before making a decision. If you're having difficulty reaching me in-game, my B-tag (Tailypo#11334) is another option for getting in touch with me. Alternatively, we can also easily be reached via the Undercity United Forsaken Community Discord server. It's also just a generally good place for Forsaken RP'ers to organize: - Undercity United Discord Thread: ( https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759177745 ) - Undercity United Discord Link: https://discord.gg/jHeHc8j My personal Discord ID is: Tailypo#1286 . I'm generally available to chat on Discord more often than not, as I have it on mobile as well and am almost always logged in.Barnabas172 16h
16h [A-Event] Monthly Jed'hin Tournament! As many of you already know, the Sha'tor hosts a monthly jed'hin tournament! Set in the Exodar's Vault of Lights, we welcome everyone, not just draenei, to come spectate and participate! While some may have attended more formal jed'hin tournaments in the past, here are a few alterations we have made to the rules to make it more inclusive for everyone that wishes to come. ... The next tournament is set to occur on March 21 at 5PM(server)! If you would like an invite on your calendar, please let me know here, or in-game! This thread will be used to reminders to upcoming tournaments in the future as well, so check back!Varistus18 16h
18h Life of a Role-Player - Machinima Short Filmed on my home server, Wyrmrest Accord! When I wanted to share this creation, I thought of you guys first. I've been on this server for so many years and this was really inspired by my time spent with all of you! <3 If you have the time, please give it a watch and let us know if you like it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkNBBKD5ZWU The machinima hay day has long passed but I have such fond memories of older videos. A toast to the good ol' days!Tsali9 18h
19h [A-Event] Darnassus Midsummer Market The following notice has been posted in several different settlements across Kalimdor and major Alliance cities: ...☽----------------------------------------------------☾ The Darnassus Market is a collaborative effort by the kaldorei community of Wyrmrest Accord to host a fun, inclusive, and well-rounded market event with an overarching night elf theme. Join us for an evening as we explore the wonders of IC commerce and make new social connections within the gentle boughs of Teldrassil - while we still can. ♡ Event Information Date: Friday, July 6th, 2018 Time: 5PM-8PM server time (7PM-10PM CST / 8PM-11PM EST) Place: Tradesmen's Terrace, Darnassus Contact: Elliistra or Shaureyne Market Attractions Opening and closing ceremonies Market stalls featuring the works of vendors, recruiters, and performers of all kinds Random giveaways throughout the market’s duration, featuring various sought-after night elven items and hefty gold sums "Ghastly, Gaudy" transmog contest with lucrative prizes (yak is provided) Epic firework finale☽----------------------------------------------------☾ Stall Information Stall sign-ups are currently OPEN until Wednesday, June 27th! In-game mail will be sent out to stall hosts that day to confirm their attendance, and will have until Sunday, July 1st to respond. Failure to confirm will result in removal from the official stall list and ineligibility for a featured location on the market map. An official list of confirmed stalls, as well as a map featuring the info and locations of those stalls, will be posted no later than July 3rd. Unofficial stalls will be able to set up shop in the designated “Stall Overflow” area, or wander the market grounds so long as they do not impede upon the claimed spaces of others. A private IC meeting for confirmed stall hosts will be held on Tuesday, July 3rd at 5PM (server time) so they may have a chance to ask questions, form friendships, and browse each other's wares before the mob arrives! Additional details will be sent out by Monday, July 2nd! Attendance is optional, but we highly encourage it. :) If you would like to run your own stall, please fill out the template below and post it as a comment to this thread, or contact Elliistra or Shaureyne with your details. Space is limited! ☽----------------------------------------------------☾ Stall Template Stall Name: Character Name(s): (in-game names, accent letters and all, please!) Stall Type(s): (Vendor, Recruiter, and/or Performer) GHI or TRP3 Extended required?: Stall Description: (Please try to keep this 500 characters or less)Shaureyne33 19h
19h The Order of Amberstaff [A/Heavy-RP] ... Though not aligned with the Kirin Tor in olden days, The Order of Amberstaff stands in kind with the values of preservation in the balance of Azeroth, peace amongst its denizens, and most of all; Control over the powers that be. From the dawn of the First Hundred Human Arcanists, to the modern era of instant translocation and the ever-competitive technological growth, Amberstaff has stood deep within its own proprietary with its claim of the ruins of Ambermill. After the Forsaken Onslaught by the hands of the Banshee Queen, the wizards and their mysterious Archwizard laid within their dominionic ward for many years, practicing their own control and mastery of the magicka and sorcery of old. ALLIES OF THE ORDER! The Order of Amberstaff has a long history of being a neutral organization and separatists of the Alliance. Having no close ties to either side of the fight, the Order helps those who help them back. Through the years, the Order has worked with two well known military organizations and many more well-known guilds: ... HOW TO JOIN! A simple in-game letter or a whisper is sufficient to catch our attention. We will schedule an IC interview and work with you every step of the way. This is a magical guild, so all magic classes are welcomed along with all races. Are you an ex-member of the Kirin-tor? Or perhaps a renegade hedge witch or wizard who wishes to hone their craft and apprentice under well known masters. The possibilities are endless. (However, at the end of the day, we are semi-strict on lore-friendly characters) Guild website: http://amberstaff.shivtr.com/ Guild Tumblr: https://the-order-of-amberstaff.tumblr.com/ Discord Contacts: Alranon#4223, Marbles#8206, Bictor#8780, Helasar#9274 In-game Contacts: Alranon, Grouchie, Rondir, Nirastor, BictorGrouchie22 19h
20h Looking for guild Alurcarde here is looking for a guild - simple enough, right? Well here's the issue... all the guilds I know of and currently enjoy involve themselves in... slightly morally sketchy activities. Alurcarde is not a morally sketchy Elf. He's loyal to the Horde and is generally a decent person. So, here I am looking for that. To sum him up, Alurcarde is a fairly easy-going Elf that is, as previously stated, happy to serve the Horde. He probably wont be willing to involve himself in anything illegal. I'd rather avoid anything strictly military because that's not something I'm interested in, but it's not 100% off the table if it looks interesting enough. Thanks in advance!Alurcarde2 20h
1d [A-Event] Tournament of Midsummer Flame *As the summer months begin to dawn on Azeroth fliers fill the boards of the capital cities.* “Are you ready to compete?! I am Memoru Megavoice and once again the summer months are upon us! With it we invite those brave, skilled, and cunning enough to partake in the Tournament of Midsummer Flame! During the annual Midsummer Festival the Argent Tournament grounds invites those ready to take up the lance and prove their worth on the jousting field! However this festival is not just for the jousters! We invite all to come share in the excitement, partake in the spectacle of the joust, and even bring your name and your organization's name to the world!” Hello everyone! Last year I started a jousting tournament on the Emerald Dream server and it saw a lot of success. The tournament ran on the weekend of the Midsummer Fire Festival and was called the Tournament of Summer Flame. Since then we have moved to Wrymrest Accord, but I still intend to run the tournament and here it is! The tournament will take place on the Argent Tournament grounds in Icecrown and will span June 22-24th. The tournament will be using the jousting mechanic found at these tournament grounds. While my focus will be on this tournament I do encourage others to take advantage of the event! Come RP, set up booths, even recruit for your guild. Make this event your event as well! Bellow I have included the FAQ from last year’s event, slightly modified to fit the new days and times, but this FAQ is not final! If you have any other questions you can send an in game mail or message Memoru on Wrymrest Accord, or ask here in this post! NEW!: A new page for the tournament has been created using tumblr! https://midsummertournament.tumblr.com/ This page will be used to provide the FAQ, maps, and Pools information throughout the tournament when it commences!Creinu4 1d
1d [A] <Occasionally Competent> is recruiting! ... Hi there! We're <Occasionally Competent> and like the thread title says, we're also recruiting. Our goal is to be an inclusive and comfortable atmosphere for raiding and casual play alike. Leadership is experienced and caring, so whether you want to progress through content or just hang out and do fun stuff in game or chat on Discord, the support is there. Frequently, we have people doing both because reasons. ... We are willing to help people gear and learn fights so that the group is solid and comfortable as we roll into Battle for Azeroth. Prior raiding experience is not required but it is expected that everyone put effort into moving forward as a group. Perfect attendance is not expected but it is a group activity so it's requested that you do your best to make the times indicated. We're going to be learning as a group and it's hard to do that if people are constantly late, not around, or woefully unprepared. Life happens just let us know. We're laid back as leaders and actively encourage people to have a good time, make heavy use of Discord, and be silly all with the understanding that once the countdown starts the attention goes on the Big Bad. We also encourage people to play the classes and specs they like the most. Raiding should be fun and you'll get the most out of it by playing something you enjoy and are more willing to put time into. Raid Needs- Raid is currently 6/11 H - Tuesday and Wednesday 7-9pm server (PST) Tanks: Closed Healers: Closed MDPS: Open RDPS: Open ... Don't want to raid? That's cool with us! Our guild is open to all levels and classes for those who just wanna hang out. We want to build a lasting community and understand that many people would prefer to do something other than raiding but still receive the same respect and support. We are especially big on hosting non-progression activities for people to meet, greet, and have a good time. Achievement runs, giveaways, holiday goofs- it's pretty much all on the table, and guildies are encouraged to throw out their own ideas for things they'd like to see. ... If you're interested in learning more or would like to join, feel free to ask anyone in game to speak to an officer or GM. If it so happens that no one is on, feel free to mail Sara, you will get a same day response. If you're feeling bold, you can also use the guild finder which is checked daily. See you all in game!Sara25 1d
1d [H] <Steamy Romance Novel> 1/11m recruiting! <Steamy Romance Novel> 11/11h 1/11m is recruiting! We are a horde raiding guild with a very strong social atmosphere. If nobody is putting memes in the guild discord chat, there’s something wrong. SRN raids Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 to 9:30 pm server and we are 1/11m. Currently, we are filling up our BfA roster and current mythic roster! DPS and healers are preferred. Players who know when to press their glowy buttons are also preferred. The trial period of raiding lasts ~two weeks and we use a loot council based system. Past raiding, we do dungeons/m+, old raids, battlegrounds and roleplaying! Being 110 is not necessary to join. We also play games outside of WoW and watch movies together via stream (almost) every Thursday and Saturday! Want to join the raid team? Check out this super duper easy form! https://tinyurl.com/srnapps https://www.twitch.tv/videos/227178403 and https://clips.twitch.tv/SucculentSweetTrayWTRuck are good clips that show what we're about. 'Cause memes. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post on this forum or contact any one of the officers listed below! Caleas/Lovecraft (Beethulhu#1379) Phreshaer/Phreshpear (Phreshaer#11591) Annikara/Adus (Adus#1118) Nixaana/Senajia (WereCorgi#1310) Trazejin (clokwerk#1142)Caleas265 1d
1d ###RP Events for June 2018### Faction: ((Horde, Alliance, cross-faction)) Date and time: ((Please use server time!)) Location: ((Please be as specific as possible)) Hosted by: ((Your guild or organization)) Description: ((All other information goes here)) RSVP? ((If participants need to request an invite)) Here's last month's thread, if you still need to access it: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762128155 In addition to posting to this thread, you may also want to promote your event on Lindiwe's event calendar. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762117729 HAPPY JUNE EVERYBODY EVERYBODYMorrowveil19 1d