Wyrmrest Accord

Nov 22, 2010 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft Realm Discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss happenings on your realm with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Bashiok0 Nov 22, 2010
Apr 4 Master Post - Racial Lore Guides: Horde (Pasting this from the old forums, Thanks to Danikah and Kalanii and Quill for these and their preservation.) Quill’s Advice to Blood Elves/Those Who Hate Them Original Post (Repost by Kalanii): Your eyes are green. The only blue permitted is the frosty blue of a DK. There are no exceptions. The Sunwell reigniting did not make your eyes change color; fel taint is permanent. Orcs haven't gone back to brown skin. You are not a High Elf. You are not a Half-Elf. High elves and half-elves are Alliance-based. The high elves have thrown in their lot with the Alliance, and the half-elves are half-human, and thus attached to the Alliance. If you are one of these two things and you are playing in the Horde, disguise it. If you are open about this, you will be exiled or, more likely, executed. Play it smart if you must play it at all. You do not hold titles equal to major NPCs. You are not a Grand Magister, a Ranger-General, or a Blood Knight Matriarch. You are not an exception to this rule. Those people are the top of the chain of their respective organizations; you are not their equal. My advice? Be just a magister, a blood knight, or a ranger. Don't define yourself by your title. You can gain respect without a high rank. Blood elves play a subtle game with their politics and power struggles. Most of the power struggles seen in Silvermoon from RPers are duels or RP fights; this would not be tolerated by the guard unless it was taken outside, but moreover, this is not terribly characteristic of the culture. They are crafty people who prefer techniques like blackmail and playing the long game, which comes of their relatively long lives. Stop drawing your weapons and blasting people with your spells and start learning how to wound with words. Be patient. Be clever. Cleverness isn't something you can fake, mind, so if being subtle and working intrigue isn't something you feel up to doing, get out of the Silvermoon scene or don't try to play the sort of bloodelf who is into power struggles. A blunt bloodelf would not get very far in their culture. Openly talking about throwing down the government or otherwise defying the laws of decency would not happen without consequences. This is more of a general rule for RP, but it happens a lot in Silvermoon so I'm putting it here. You need to acknowledge your environment. Just because the guards won't actually react in game doesn't mean they wouldn't react in lore. We're here to play in the Warcraft world, and that includes using your imagination as to what would happen if you took such actions. Understand that the guards would be after you for stabbing someone if you did it on the street or in an establishment, and that even if you "evaded" them, there would be a warrant for your arrest. Allarya112 Apr 4
Aug 24 Roleplaying 101: A crash course on Characters <insert exodar crash joke here> - Table of Contents (You're reading this, right now.) =========================================================== - Introduction - What this aims to accomplish, and for who - What is "Great Roleplay" and a "Great Roleplayer"? - Lore Accuracy - Start from the beginning, and finish at the end. - Goals: What do I want? - Step One: So many choices, what to go for first? - A shattered mirror: all the pieces of the character that make a whole - What's my Story? - Who do I know? - What do I do? - What -am- I? - Step Two: Socialites and Interacting with the Public - Racial Backgrounds and Stereotypes - Social Mores and Laws - Radicals (fanatics) and Moderates (conservatives) - Who shaped my opinions? (The effect of family on perceptions) - Step Three: An Empty Mind - Filling your Character's Head - Emptying your Character's Head - Personality Traits - Physical Habits and Mannerisms - Step Four: An Empty Life - I've got personality but no lifestyle! - Real world activities vs. "What I can do in WoW" - My class, and how it relates to me - My professions, giving me more than a fat/empty wallet. - Using class and profession to add to a character's dynamics. - Touching bases: How class and profession relate to my society. - Education: What do I know, and who taught me? A final wrap up to your character's story. - Step Five: Hey everybody, come see how good I look! - Physical Appearance and Characteristics - Start big, then go small - Descriptive words - Touching bases (again): Society and tattoos, piercings, ect. - Describing my Garb (what do I wear?) - Affiliations and Dressing (who do I know and how does that effect my dress?) - Final Step: Affiliations and my place in the world - Who am I now? (ranks, titles, and other affluential tomfoolery) - In closing: - Final Tips - From Hero to Zero: How good characters fall to pieces. - A thank you =========================================================== Roleplaying 101 - Yet another jerk telling you how to play your game. An Introduction: Welcome to roleplaying 101! This will be yet another thread where someone tells you in a stuck up and haughty manner why you suck at rp and how to fix it. It's your $15 a month, so by all means ready the flamethrowers and burn this thread to the ground. In all seriousness if that's your views, feel free to go read another thread. If you want to learn, well hopefully I can teach you something in my handful of years of roleplay. If I can't teach you something, well I can say I tried. And if I can't say that, I can at least say I wasted a good chunk of time facerolling this keyboard for you all. For those of you that dislike long threads: that's too bad. I'm writing this thread for a guild myself and a friend are planning on creating after seeing some of the roleplay within this server and deciding we wanted to control our exposure to the community in order to create a roleplay environment rich in immersion and character development that pertains to lore accuracy. If your reaction at this point revolves around the word "elitist" you're probably right. For those of you who I haven't chased off yet: lets cut to the chase! The very...very long chase. What this aims to accomplish, and for who: Who am I talking (typing) to in this thread? To anyone who wants to expand their roleplaying character to be a rich and developed individual, who feels like a real person who actually exists in the "World of Warcraft". Someone who grew up here, developed their mind here, and would contribute to the society here. Who this doesn't pertain to: People who play "just to have fun" People who use the excuse "It's my $15" People who don't roleplay People who could care less about lore, immersion, and realism in roleplay Ghostcrawler (everyone seems to hate on his watercooler posts, so I might as well kick him in the kidney while he's down!) What this thread aims to accomplish is to be a comprehensive guide to creating a character who is fully developed and inserted into this game's lore. This thread may not be for the casual roleplayer or someone who is not really interested in making a basal rp character to throw bombs in the pig and whistle, and stare harshly at all the non-paladins in the Cathedral, or ERP as a female draenei.Alinaris139 Aug 24
Oct 1 Roleplaying 102: The Revenge of Society RP 102: Read RP 101 First Welcome to RP 102! Forgive the long time between the previous RP 101 and this thread, I was a bit busy and couldn't find time to sit down long enough to collect thoughts and put them into an intelligent thread, and nobody wants to hear me ramble. Nobody. This RP 102 thread is a bit shorter than my original RP 101 thread. You'll have to forgive me on this. I've been really busy and this is the best I could throw together. If there's enough interest, I may even write a RP 103 thread. If you want to see some tips and such for something I didn't touch in either thread, or have questions/comments feel free to contact me in game as Alinaris or Zakarov. So lets get down to business! Once again, if you haven't read RP 101, I highly recommend you read it first, as this thread deals with advanced RP concepts and may or may not ever refer to the original 101 thread. Welcome to the revenge of society. Like your favorite horror movie villains, me repeating this word over and over again will never die, and come back to haunt you while you're swimming at your favorite summer camp. Silly councilors... As always this thread is for a specific type of person, and not for others. If you're interested in learning some advanced RP concepts, brushing up on that pop culture character you made, or in general someone interested in learning and expanding your already expansive knowledge of (draenei female tail length) roleplay, then continue on! However if you're any of the following, please do not read any further as I'm afraid this thread will probably just frustrate you and/or cause you to develop unsightly welts. Ghostcrawler If you may or may not be a werepenguin. Any and all Lady Gaga roleplayers. If you own more than fifteen beanie babies. People who cannot handle sarcasm and satire. People who will read the table of contents and flame on something they read without reading the actual subject matter at hand. I love you guys so much. Gnomes (Because we all know gnomes are mythical creatures that do not exist.) Here's your table of contents: 1. An intro to RP 102 and a recap on 101. 2. But I want to rp as spider man! Pop culture done right. 3. Crazy RP abilities: How to commit self suicide. 4. Dragon Roleplay: If you're gonna do it, do it right. (Don't do it) 5. Erotic Roleplay (and how it's ruining your favorite server right now!) 6. Expanding your character even further (social events and you) This is a more focused thread touching on several “taboo” subjects and how to deal with them appropriately, and what generally ruins such things for people. This thread will be kept clean, so don't see #5 up there and get all excited (looking at you, draenei) because this isn't a “how to guide” but rather where it may or may not fit in, and the arguments for both sides. If you're concerned, read the next post on what each section will contain.Alinaris47 Oct 1
Mar 18 The Great Alliance Guild Directory! The Great Alliance Guild Directory! Please request a sticky! Looking for a guild? Have a guild but looking for members? You're in the right place! RP Guilds(All Races): http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-2 RP Guilds(Specific Races): http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-7 PVE Guilds: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-10 PVP Guilds: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-10 Other(Social, mish-mash, et cetera): N/A Format: Guild Name Here "motto here" Description: ( short description here 3-5 sentences max. ) Races: (What races are allowed?) Leader(s): Requirements: (Lore-compliance, website application, interview, specific ilvl, et cetera) Recruitment: (url to guild advertisement thread, if any. Otherwise, how do people join?) Website: (url to guild website, if any.) Wiki link: (url to wiki page, if any) General Information: If you have trouble with the forums/are banned, you can send me an in-game mail at Jaeysa with the info or you can e-mail me at warriorjaeysa@gmail.com Please try to keep your adverts as brief as possible. Anything over 150 characters may be shortened by me. Unless you are the guild leader or an officer with the GL's permission, please don't post for your guild. If you have any changes to your post, please send me in-game mail on Jaeysa, as not only do I check it more frequently it'll cut down on the number of posts.Please request a sticky!Jaeysa104 Mar 18
Mar 13 IC Twitter Project: On the Rise Again! *A small book appears in from of you...It says: "I am the magical Twitt."* Hello everybody! I'm not sure if anyone is still active in the IC Twitter, since it's all full! So, I, Pisella the Pie Vendor, have decided to make a new thread! So add us on Twitter, or make your own! Same rules apply! ... List: ...Pisella121 Mar 13
3m I'm Back! What'd I miss?Zenrao10 3m
41m Silvermoon City Job Faire Deadeye Contracts and Partners are setting up another Job Faire on Monday, April 30th. We will have booths where guilds can advertise, recruit and sell goods and services, as well as some entertainment, such as pvp duels, fireworks, shows and more. It will be located outside of Silvermoon's front gates at five o'clock server time and we welcome any and all to join us! There will be a big raffle as well to win some great prizes, and tickets will be 100g each with a max buy limit of 100. (Equaling to 10k gold) If you'd like to join us in the planning committee, or would just like to come chat with us, please join our discord at https://discord.gg/V5pt9CtZiobetha10 41m
49m [A] <Lioncrest> is coming to WrA! Hello Wyrmrest Accord, I am Jacuren, GM of the Lioncrest and we within our guild are very excited, and wanted to let you all know that we will start to make our appearance on this server as a fresh face at the end of this month! We are very excited to get into the community, and we hope by the end of this post you will be happy to have us. OVERVIEW OF OUR COMMUNITY The Lioncrest and its community has held strong for three years (April 23rd to be exact!), and has constantly attracted passionate writers that LOVE to roleplay! Though our roots started on Emerald Dream, our goal has always been to foster prodigious roleplay with our experience, setting a positive precedence within our community, and display the highest respect towards all roleplayers! A lot of our rules garner around these things, and you can take a peek at our overall guilds atmosphere in our rules section. www.thelioncrest.com/rules A few of us wearing this tag have current involvement on this server (primarily on Horde), and we can say with confidence that we are familiar with the servers overall identity and etiquette. A lot of our members are very friendly, and very eager to roleplay with you (so don’t be shy to ask us, because we will certainly be asking you soon enough!) I, myself, love hosting fun community events for people to enjoy, and hopefully you all will get a taste of what we have to offer come near future! For anyone that has any questions about who we are, or general questions overall, please feel free to contact me at Jacuren#1199. I am very open and welcoming to speaking with you! You may also check out our website or our forum post if you are curious! www.thelioncrest.com https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20745675787#post-1 Again, we are very excited to meet and make many friends! See you soon! :)Jacuren55 49m
1h Archivum Collective: Knowledge Exchange War is on the horizon. Our world is dividing, both politically, and literally. But in this time of turmoil, new mysteries abound. What is Azerite? Why is it appearing across the globe? Why are the Old Gods stirring, and how does it relate to this strange new mineral? For the answers, we Archivists alone cannot succeed. As orders from around Azeroth cling to unification, so too do their great resources dwindle. This is our last chance to gather what they have, but we do not. Our last chance at some semblance of unity, in these times of chaos. The Archivum Collective is launching a server-wide campaign as a prelude to BfA, and we need YOUR help! We will be ICly visiting each order hall that was established throughout Legion, in the hopes of gleaning whatever knowledge or resources they may be willing to share, in the event that war consumes what they have built themselves to be throughout the battle against the Legion. We're looking for roleplayers with characters, not who seek to abandon the Alliance or Horde, but rather who are willing to assist in protecting them from threats outside the war. Perhaps they wish to join the Collective. Or maybe they only have some ancient lore from their order to share. In each event, we will also be asking for pledges of unity. To help protect your people not just from the Alliance or Horde, but from these new, outside threats as well. Either way, they would be welcome to participate in our campaign of diplomatic talks with each order! We will be visiting each class order in the following sequence. 1. Cenarion Circle 2. Order of the Broken Temple 3. The Ebon Blade 4. The Valarjar 5. The Illidari 6. The Council of the Black Harvest 7. The Silver Hand 8. The Uncrowned 9. The Conclave 10. The Earthen Ring 11. The Unseen Path 12. The Tirisgarde Each event will be held on a Friday, at 5 PM server time, starting this Friday (the 20th). Stay tuned to this thread for specific locations of each event. And be sure to let us know if you'd like to get involved in one or several of the events of the campaign, either here in this thread, or at by bnet tag: TheArchivist#11863! This may be our last chance to salvage some of the forces of Legionfall. We will not waste it.Zenrao10 1h
2h Looking for Lawful/Good Light worshipers Hello folks! I am currently looking for some people to Role Play with, but not just anyone mind you, I want Lawful/Good alignment rp, who don't RP Light and Shadow as "two sides of the same coin" or "one cannot exist without the other". Basically, I can't find any groups who adhere to moral absolutes and view the Light as all Lawful/Good. Because I am really tired of everybody viewing Luke as some sort of narrow-minded villain because he believes in absolutes and morality. Anybody out there who will rp with me?Lùke32 2h
2h Hey creative types! How'd you like to get a thousand bucks worth of video/image/music/web editing software for $20 and support charity in the process? I was just clued in to a thing Humble Bundle has going right now which I though y'all would want to be aware of, as I know we have a good number of artists and musicians around here. I don't even know what half this stuff does, but at that price I'm all over it. https://www.humblebundle.com/software/vegas-pro-creative-freedom-rebundle Right in time for tax refund season! Bless Humble Bundle. Edit: Forgot to mention this stuff appears to be Windows only. Sorry, Mac users. :(Azhaar10 2h
2h [H&A-RP Event]<Acherus>: Show of Force TL;DR at the bottom. Hello, everyone. THIS FRIDAY (4/27) Acherus' going to be hosting an event along Broken Shore, featuring the resurrection of some of the recently fallen induction into the ranks and have a show of force. We're going ahead and drawing quite a bit of inspiration from Deathknell, the Forsaken starter zone. There's going to be quite a bit going on in this event. --------------------- 1) Raising the Dead. We're going to have Necromancers on the ground raising the dead. Primarily, these are going to be Corpses we've picked up from either Broken Shore or one of the Isles. Or, hell, maybe even Northrend (since our Internal Campaign's been up there). If you'd like to be one of the raised, let me know! If you'd like to be one of our Necromancers, let me know! I'd like one for both Alliance and Horde side, Horde side I think we've already got one. We'd be more than happy to RP-Raise ya' into the Order. It's a great chance to enter the Acherus/Ebon Blade community. Be it as a newly raised, Necromancer, or hell, maybe a protester! Some NPCs being raised might not take kindly to Undeath, and will need to be treated accordingly. If you're a PC being raised into Undeath, be forewarned, it's basically enlistment into the EB (ICly). We're putting the ones that don't join back in the ground. --------------------- 2) Good ol' Ebon Pride Display. Essentially, damn near la-dee-da-dee everybody on the ground's at some point going to be fighting. This is not only a recruiting drive, but a very deliberate show of force prior to BfA. I want Death Knights. I want a !@#$-ton of Death Knights, both Alliance and Horde - and we're going to fight. No IC kills, it's a training event, but definitely go to town when the time comes. Stand on two sides of the field, go to town. Note, you don't ICly have to be a Death Knight to join the melee. But I do expect you to be affiliated. If in-game PvP isn't your jam, Emote/roll PvP is perfectly acceptable. However, obviously, there's an X-Fac barrier there. I'll be making a channel in our Discord for the event to help writers on both sides of the fence coordinate in case y'all are looking to spar. We've got a roll bot set up already, all you gotta do's show up and drop that !roll ___. Characters that'd be better off training instead of fighting're also more than welcome to receive some IC training, link up with an instructor or the like - get your feet wet. If you'd like to be one of these Instructors, please let me know in advance. I'd like one for both Alliance and Horde side. EDIT (4/23): We also massively suggest using the RPConnect add-on if you're looking to RP with folks across the faction line, it's seriously fantastic. --------------------- 3) Politics and Networking. I'll be on the ground to help oversee what's going on both OOC and IC. So will plenty of Death Knights and other Ebon affiliates, so this'd be a great time to come out and try to tap that pulse a bit. If you're a Death Knight that's been looking to link up with your EB kinsmen, this'd be a bloody good time. Or if you're an Alliance/Horde Leader that'd like to appraise the possible enemy or ally ahead. P O L I T I C S -------------------- And that's basically the event. TL;DR Who: The Ebon Blade (Alliance and Horde-Side) What: Raising the Dead, Training, Having a Melee (in-game PvP/dueling) and Networking When: This Sunday! 7PM Server time. Where: Broken Shore Why: 'Cause. The point of contact for this event is myself, in-game Aquilari and Discord Handle is: Bee#7087. If you'd like to join the <Acherus> X-Fac community and Discord, we can be found here: https://discord.gg/6pkg9BJ . I will be in VOIP throughout the entire event helping admin the moving pieces and keeping everything running smoothly. Thank you for your time, hope to see you guys out there!Aquilari27 2h
2h Sunsoul Armor bug. Just wondering if anyone knows a fix to this bug that makes me appear nude on the Forums. I boosted this character from level one and ever since then when I transmogrify my gear to the Sun Soul armor appearance it makes me look naked on here. I am fully armored in game and everything not transmogrified to the Sunsoul gear appears just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.Darnor10 2h
3h [A] <Battlestein Company> Dwarven RP Guild Battle for Azeroth is just around the corner, and the Battlestein Company is looking to expand our ranks with quality players! We are a tight knit group who are looking to roleplay, complete content, and make some new friends along the way! Interested in joining? Please fill out an application on our website at: http://www.battlesteincompany.shivtr.com/ Who we are: Based in Khaz Modan, the Battlestein Company leans heavily on Dwarven and Gnomish culture; however, we openly welcome all races who share our home! We are a conglomerate of crafters, businesses, adventurers, and services that reside in and around Dwarven lands. When in times of war we sometimes act as a militia when the need arises to protect our homeland. We provide Dungeoneering services, private security, arms and armor, siege weapons, runecrafting, jewelry, even host several breweries, and a weekly pub. This is only the beginning! We have players interested in all facets of the game, and are members of the Mead Hall Dwarven community, so our calendar stays pretty full! What we do: Community: The Battlestein Company is one of several contributors to “The Mead Hall” Dwarven community here on Wyrmrest Accord. We currently run all sorts of content with this fantastic group of players, as well as contribute to the community calendar. From expeditions across Khaz Modan, to the biggest parties on the server, the Mead Hall has something for everyone! As a part of "The Mead Hall", we host and attend RP events, participate in casual community raids, and continue to host fine events such as the occasional Dwarven Moot, weekly pubs, and the Ironforge Craft Fest. RP: We run weekly RP events, including but not limited to, d20 campaign storylines, one-off rp missions, social events, and a weekly pub - the Steel Pub - that is open to anyone on Sundays at 6PM. For d20 events, we utilize the addon DiceMaster. We have our own custom system with helpful guides, and tutorial events for new players! This ties into our crafting RP, as members will be able to craft incredibly useful items and tools aiding them along their RP journeys! Our system even includes solutions to player classes, pets, mounts, and vehicles. Currently, we are in the process of assisting with the restoration of Khaz Modan from the affects of the Legion War and earlier demonic invasions. We are securing trade routes to the north, procuring materials, resupplying troops, protecting caravans, and hosting a myriad of services to raise funds for rebuilding. PVE: We have dozens of members who regularly complete Mythic+ dungeons, join community raids, and participate in timewalking events. Furthermore, we plan on hitting the ground running with island expeditions and Warfronts in BfA! PVP: While PVP isn't our main focus, we still have many members who enjoy it. From competitive arena grinders, to weekly PVP Brawlers, we have a diverse crowd. Other Info: We have several semi-OOC and fully OOC events, such as Fight Night!, Drunken Pub Crawls, Naked Mog Runs and more! We also have Forum RP, an active Discord with tons of awesome people! Points of contact: Bathildis, Tyrman, Darkdraft, Lilyanabell, HuldornBathildis19 3h
5h Shadows of Lordaeron-OGs of UC. FOR THE DARK LADY With the Banshee Queen’s rise to power during her ascension to Warchief, the might of the Forsaken continues to grow for all to see. No longer the unwanted step-children of the Horde, but rather a competitive power in their own right…however this was not always the case. There was a time when the Kor’kron stalked the halls of Undercity and punished all for the actions of a few. Forsaken forces were kept on a tight leash, prevented from using powerful weapons at their disposal and forced into action as cannon fodder for conflicts such as the Gilnean Invasion. The Forsaken may have seemed to fall in line publicly, but quietly knew the ambitions of those who escaped the grasp of the Lich King could not be held in check forever. It was during this era that the unit known as the Shadows of Lordaeron was born. A versatile group of handpicked agents from all walks of Forsaken society was created with the intention of working behind the scenes, both in the field and laboratories, to accomplish a variety of exotic assignments by any means necessary. This ruthless band of deaders was often deployed on clandestine operations, willing to strip off all identifiers that marked them as Forsaken in order to provide High Command with the option to deny responsibility should they find themselves caught. A rare group motivated solely by their loyalty to the Dark Lady and dedication to the Forsaken Cause, the Shadows of Lordaeron was created to undertake assignments conventional forces could not…or simply would not. OOC: The Shadows of Lordaeron is a paramilitary guild among the Horde consisting of a purely undead roster. We are devoted Forsaken or Death Knights (of any race) who pledged their Runeblades in service to Sylvanas. While we do dabble in PVE and PVP from time to time, our main focus is Forsaken RP out and about in the vast world of Azeroth and beyond. We hold regular RP events in various locations which include patrols, briefings, combat missions, apothecary RP and more! If you'd like to follow our journey as a guild here are a few links to some of our previous threads: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/18194619285#post-1 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/16543845164#post-1 IC Premise: The Shadows of Lordaeron are the equivalent of a Forsaken Special Operations unit that has undergone many changes since its first inception. War is forever evolving and one either adapts or finds their True Death. Vanguard: The backbone of this unit for when matters require a more physical, direct approach. Led by Captain Sehoro Crestley, they are requested for a variety of assignments ranging from the security of vital Forsaken operatives in the field to deploying into the most chaotic of combat zones in desperate need of veteran reinforcements. Intelligence: While the Vanguard is called upon for a physical presence, our Intelligence Division works with much more finesse. A collection of savvy and resourceful Forsaken who are as adept at handling the collection of information on an enemy as they are at removing their leaders entirely. The Shadows Intelligence network reports directly to Executor Killingfield himself. Research and Development: Science and Knowledge shall forever be two of the Forsaken’s greatest strengths and both of these attributes are put to proper use within our Research and Development Team. Under the watchful eye of Warden Zheco Nol, this group handles controversial experiments and weapons testing in our private facility away from the prying eyes of Undercity. The Occult: During the Legion conflict it became quite obvious what advantages forbidden areas such as Fel magic and the Void could offer, along with other fringe studies that might aid the Forsaken Cause. Archon Cailias Alveras oversees such research, proving to be as dangerous as it is beneficial. With his recent recruitment of Inquisitors under his tutelage, a new era of Forsaken interrogation has begun. Recruitment: Contact myself or our officers (Sehoro, Zheco, Cailias, Vagrul or Jasreha) with any questions you might have or any of our members you see roaming about. For a bunch of grumpy undead we are are actually quite friendly OOC. VICTORY OR TRUE DEATHKillingfield84 5h
5h BFA Alpha Megathread 3: The ReMegathreading Since numero 2 is about to be capped, here's a new one. Let's hope for more... uh... alpha... stuff.Cailias374 5h
6h War Mode. Who's doing it? Per Blizzard, War Mode will be the new "pvp" toggle. In which turning it on in major cities then going out into the world makes you flagged for pvp enabled players and exclusive pvp content. To compensate for the "inconvenience" of potentially being ambushed in the open world, players will get increased benefits such as xp rewards, gold, etc but nothing gamebreaking. WrA is in a unique case in that unlike other servers, in which pvp being enabled put them in a whole different shard than non-flagged players, in RP servers all players will share the same shard. So pretty much business as usual. I personally planned on flagging up and never taking it off during the lvling process. An extra boost and doing content I already enjoy seems a win win. Apparently there will also be a "bounty" mode too, encouraging players to track down and kill flagged players who go on killing streaks though the rewards aren't posted yet outside of achievements. Plus all pvp talents being unlocked during the leveling process and the new change where PvP prestige will be account wide just seems like a great time for even the more pvp apprehensive of WrA to flag up and hunt down folks, if just for the bounty mini-game alone. Anyone else going to turn on War Mode during the leveling process and what other things you have in mind with the feature?Lianshí67 6h
6h (H)<Red Herring Brewing Co> is LF All! (I.C.) Attention wealth, adventure, and beer lovers! <Red Herring Brewing Co> is looking for new recruits to fill it's growing and flowing prestigious ranks! Who are we? On the surface we are a group of beer connesueirs and brewers. We love nothing more than a fine malt and mash - and when we say mash we mean the mash of a new beer as well as the mashing of the faces of our marks. We're a rough and tumble group who can get your job done, don't much care what it is. If there was a Gnome that did you wrong, say his name. If a Draenei gave your mother a dirty look, point them out. War is coming, and where there is war, there is wealth. We may not be a trained militia for the Horde, but we are skilled to conquer any task. While we are composed of all races of the Horde, we have been known to take the right Alliance client, and have even resolved domestic disputes within the Horde itself. We've also intervened on multiple occasions to safeguard Azeroth from forces that would see our kegs run dry and our pockets empty. How do you enlist our help? We've a brewery. It sits on the south eastern shore of Lordaeron Lake. The inn is warm, cozy, and if you happen to order our specialty brew from our bartender, you'll be privy to a meeting with our Trade Master where you can hash out the details of what you desire. If you're unable to find us there, many within our group frequent the bars all over Azeroth and Draenor. Most often The Salty Sailor in Booty Bay or The World's End Tavern in the Lower City of Shattrath. (O.O.C.) As you can guess, we are a group of players who primarily PvP. And drink. But mainly PvP... or is it mainly drink and PvP? Depends on who you ask. We are currently very tiny, but we are a few long time players who love this game, and love the community on this server, and we think we can find some like minded folks to have fun with us! Looking forward, we are also hoping for a dedicated Rated Battleground team, as well as a casual late night raid group to progress through Heroic raid content. The exact times for either event haven't quite been hashed out yet but once we build up a large enough community, we'll sort that out! Mythics, Mythic+, and all forms of PvP are ongoing and constant! Our overarching guild storyline RP wise is fairly well fleshed out, and is looking for other voices to join in and change it in fun, unpredicted ways! We have plans in the works for some faction wide and occasionally server wide RP events! (If you are Alliance, and like what you see, and want to maybe set something up between our two guilds, hit me up on btag!) Interested parties feel free to add me on Bnet! Jobags#1177 Thanks everyone!Loulili1 6h
6h Good Morning Wyrmrest - Afternoon Edition I haven't seen one of these in a bit, time to start them back up! Its my day off (because I worked too much OT), and it is a pretty beautiful sunny day here in Lindiwe-land. Winter is over for a moment, which I am happy about right now, but I am sure 3 months down the line when it is hotter then the surface of the sun I will regret. Are you more of a winter or summer person Wyrmrest?Lindiwe20 6h
7h XRP: Witty subtitle XRP is a roleplaying profile addon, similar to several others. I wrote it from scratch as an exercise in Lua, and to address some of the shortcomings I, personally, found in other roleplay profile addons. This means it has similarities to some, but does a number of things differently, too. It can be found on: Curse: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/xrp WoWInterface: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info23423-XRP.html CurseForge: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/xrp/ To cover some of the more important features and frequently-asked questions... (1) It is compatible with other addons. It will be able to see the basic profile data from any other roleplaying profile addon currently in use. There are varying degrees of compatibility with specific features of other addons, but one of the goals is to be as broadly compatible with every other addon as is reasonably possible. (2) It caches profiles when you read them. This means lower bandwidth usage (ever seen a slow loading profile? basically, less of that), and lets you read profiles you previously saw, even if that character is offline. Through the bookmark browser (a barely-adequate name for what it really is), you can browse, sort, and even search through all cached profiles. Profiles you haven't seen in 10 days, by default, are purged -- but you can change the time in the advanced options or bookmark specific profiles to never purge them. (3) It includes significant crossrealm/crossfaction support, albeit with some limitations. Currently this only works with other XRP users, for one. For crossrealm, the other person must also either be on your BattleTag or in a group with you. For crossfaction, the other person must be on your BattleTag. That said, any profiles (regardless of addon or other factors) you've previously seen while on other factions or realms will be visible on any characters, due to the caching. There's a lot beyond that, too. Too much to cover easily, but I'll try to hit some of the highlights. This is by no means a complete list -- not even remotely. Profile bookmarking and private notes. You can keep track of people you know, people you want to know, or what sort of interactions you've had without leaving the game. Automated swapping for racial forms, class forms, and equipment sets, including accurate tracking of human/worgen form switches. The ability to hide profiles you don't want to see from tooltips or chat, without having to ignore people outright. Right-clicking a character in the game world to view their profile without having to bother with multiple clicks or mouse movement. Clickable, copyable links in profiles, letting you easily look at someone's blog, art, or other reference. Progress tracking while recieving profiles, letting you know that, yes, something is still loading. Additionally, profiles are loaded as they're recieved -- you can read a description, even if the history is still loading. Compatibility with addons expecting LibMSP to interact with RP addons (such as GHI). And numerous display and usability tweaks, available in the Interface Options. Overall, XRP is a mature project which currently sees few radical changes. However, it still is under active development, and will continue to have features added, bugs fixed, and compatibility with new WoW patches for the foreseeable future.Bor200 7h
8h Need more Trolls for Dinosaur Guild! The guild is called Dinomancy, we're looking to expand our ranks. The guild was made in preparation for Battle for Azeroth, specifically for playable Zandalari Trolls, but we accept any and all Trolls. Requirements for the special 'Dinomancer' rank are to incorporate dinosaurs into your play-style. That means this special rank is currently only available to Hunters and Shamans. (Edit: And eventually Druids too.) I made Dinomancy as soon as Zandalar was announced at BlizzCon, and we have some active members already; The basic WIP concept behind the guild is that we're like if the Zandalari Beast Ward worked for the Horde. You do NOT need to join the guild to participate in the following: We have Discord! (With a fairly active community at that!) Feel free to join with this link: https://discord.gg/n2sfmbN We do weekly Throne of Thunder achievement runs every Saturday at 11:00 AM Pacific. (server time) We use Discord voice chat for the run to more easily coordinate people. If you want to join us, healer characters are ideal for the Durumu encounter!Panjya17 8h
9h House Johnson - Carry Sales <House Johnson> is selling Smoldering Ember Wyrm, +10-15 Mythic carries, Normal Antorus, and Heroic Argus carries. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---Prices--- ** Smoldering Ember Wyrm - 50k ** +10-14 Keystone Completion - 100k on all keys ** +15 Keystone Completion - 150k ** Normal Antorus - 100k ** Heroic Argus - 200k --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We can use your key or our own for the Mythic+ Carries. Smoldering Ember Wyrm Carries are available any day of the week. Mythic+ Carries are available Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during the afternoon and night. Normal Antorus Carries are on Monday nights at 8pm Server (Eastern). These runs typically take just under 2 hours. Heroic Argus Carries are on Wednesday nights at 8pm server (Eastern). If you have any questions, concerns, or need to schedule a run, you can contact me in-game via whisper or through BattleTag at Vurian#1109Vurian0 9h
10h [H] <Legacy of Suramar> Elf RP & Open Events Overview Within the history of Azeroth, no race or culture has been left in greater isolation. Even behind the mists, the pandaren at least had hozen for company. Now, as the Shal'dorei re-emerge after 10,000 years, everything else in the world exists as a novelty. New races, new cultures, and four new continents - suffice it to say, the old maps are useless. In light of this, the newly reconstituted Foreign Affairs office in Suramar has taken the task upon itself to help the Nightborne along as they find stuggle to acquaint, or reacquaint, themselves to the world. This project, titled <Legacy of Suramar> in bureaucratic documents, offers a wide range of events and activities to engage and enlighten the nightborne people. Given that they've been stuck with their own kind for so long, it's intended to bring in other races as well. These include both social and cultural enrichment events, along with educational opportunities through both lecture and experience. (Our premium land tours offer the opportunity to see post-Sundering Azeroth without being attacked by a wolf every 20 yards.) Some even offer more specific mutual aid, such as our Magic/Mana-Users Anonymous (MA) fellowship. Surely a blood elf or former orc warlock might have as much reason to take a seat in the circle. Guild Information If you'd like to join a fantastic community for Shal'dorei roleplayers (and a few Sin'dorei), please follow our website link below, or contact our guild master or officers for more information. Although not strictly an organization, its in-character leadership consists of diplomacy-oriented individuals who are out there making Suramar's transition into the Horde as smooth as possible. As for the rest, they can be basically anyone. Xenophilia and xenophobia make for some interesting interactions. Combined with a general ignorance about the world, this is what makes playing a nightborne fun! Besides our organized roleplay events, we're a great place for less structured roleplay and general merriment. Especially noteworthy are our monthly challenges, for which the first prize is a WoW token worth of gold or a mount or two pets from the Blizzard store! Check out the guild website for more! Those of you with event ideas or inter-guild cooperation schemes are welcome to contact us as well! Links & Contact Information Guild Master: Arnois (Cheesecake#11190) Officers: Etheares, Melorandor (Andrew#16940), Lyelina Guild Website: http://www.legacyofsuramar.com/ Guild Tumblr: https://legacyofsuramar.tumblr.com/ Guild History and Rankings: https://tinyurl.com/y82v6xsc Current Plotline: Diplomacy towards the Highborne Monthly Challenge: Un'goro Madness (Travel Brochure/Pamphlet)Arnois45 10h
10h [H] <The Arcane Collegiate> ... GM: Anathemas Website: http://tac-wra.shivtr.com <The Arcane Collegiate> believes that the key to responsible use of all magics is through research, development, and education. We are a private institution funded through the generous donations of the noble houses of Quel’thalas and support from The Sunreavers of Dalaran. The Collegiate explores dark magics that the strict mageocracy will not, and goes to places they wouldn’t dare tread to collect and study powerful artifacts. We operate on simple terms: All magic is to be treated equally. The Collegiate provides support to those studying underused, understudied, and ancient forms of magic. We also house more common forms of magic, and often provide private tutelage to those interested. ... To create a safe OOC environment for all to feel welcome in. We are an LGBTQ community that does not tolerate bigotry, sexism, or racism in any of its forms. To foster creativity through social events, adventures, writing challenges, job boards, and other means. New ideas are always welcome and often implemented. To provide a place where characters and players can safely explore headcanon ideas free from harassment and judgement. We readily accept non-playable races and lesser-studied magics. To help our guildmates and friends bring their stories, characters, and ideas to life with consistent events. All members are encouraged to orchestrate their own storylines. You’re not just following along in the story- you’re a part of it. Your contributions matter. To work with other guilds and groups to create something that others can enjoy, too. We regularly host monthly server events based around our educational theme and are always open to collaboration with others. ... The Great Debate Last Friday of every month People of Azeroth, it is time for your voices and opinions to be heard! The Arcane Collegiate is hosting a monthly debate on various topics of importance to the Horde, and to the world at large, and all races are invited to share their opinions! Collegiate Lecture Series Second Thursday of every month Are you a researcher in need of a place to show off your work? Now you can! Each month, the Arcane Collegiate will be hosting speakers in a public forum where they will be allowed to share their body of work with an audience, or teach people something new.Altherei39 10h
10h [A-RP]<The Eastern Offensive> ... WEBSITE: ... Following in the tradition of the brave 1st Legion of Lordaeron and the renowned 7th Legion of the Alliance, the 13th Legion shall hereby be gathered from all races of the Alliance with the utmost attention and focus on utilizing the unique skills and assets available from all manner of soldier and specialist. Diversity shall be our strength! Further, this new 13th Legion shall be the spearhead of what will be referred to as 'The Eastern Offensive,' a grand and encompassing goal of sweeping our beloved Eastern Kingdoms clean of the foul undead and Horde who hold our ancient lands. Together, we brothers and sisters of the Alliance shall avenge the hurts and evils the Horde has inflicted upon us time and again and make all of the Eastern Kingdoms safe once more for our people and those who would join them. ... The primary aim of <The Eastern Offensive> is a simple one: we wish to be a roleplaying guild that allows for an enjoyable shared background and interaction between adult-aged players.Lericus12 10h
11h LF Alliance guild RP/Raiding (For BfA) As much as I like guild hunting organically, in-game through RP, it has proven to be quite a challenge since I returned to WoW. Let's get down to the nitty gritty. Thenu will receive the boost when I pre purchase BfA. Either Thenu (resto) or my druid from another server (also resto) will be my "main" in the coming expansion. I am looking for a guild for RP. Morally grey works for me, mature because violence is fun. I come from https://ocheliad.shivtr.com/ - to give you all an idea of what I'm looking for. The LO was hard to pin down type wise - private military with humanitarian motives (at times) and research/exploration outings (at times). My location: East coast. And I work 8-5 every weekday. Which means a guild that has people on 3pm-8pm ST will fit with my schedule best. And RP shenanigans that fall within those hours. I know, they suck. Raiding: I don't care if it's a 100% guild group or not. And I'm not looking for super competitive. I'll show up 10 minutes early, prepared, and having researched the fights. I didn't get much raiding done in WoD or Legion, so no shiny achievements to flash here. I'm a competent healer, I'd like to think I'm even good - but that's for y'all to decide. If you made it this far, thanks for reading!Thenu1 11h
11h [H-RP] <The Hallowed Hunt> - Recruiting! ... For in-depth lore, rules, and history visit our blog below! ... About The Hallowed Hunt There are many dark and terrible creatures within the world of Azeroth. Strange, dangerous, and horrifying. From the twisted specters of the angry dead to the unnatural monsters hiding in the shadows, the lands are plagued by what lurks just out of sight. These threats are what come naturally to The Hallowed Hunt. Composed of a group of experienced warriors, spell-slingers, and brave adventurers, the group proves tenacious in areas others may crumble. Lifting curses, slaying beasts and defeating unruly spirits; their work has become renowned among civilians and highly sought after. Acknowledged as a valued service by the Horde, The Hallowed Hunt is tasked with investigating the far more unnatural plights of their people; hunting, capturing, or neutralizing what goes bump in the night. ... Join the Hunt The Hallowed Hunt is often seeking new members as the work is as perilous as it is thrilling. The process of joining up with the hunt is a simple out-of-character and in-character interview. There are two ways to get in contact with us: -Send an in-character letter to the GM, Nafani. -Send in an application to our blog. [You do not need an account to apply. Email can be used.] ... OOC: Done in-game or covered by our application, the out-of-character interview is just a short series of questions about yourself and your character. We use it to determine if you and your character are fitting for the guild theme and the people within it. Replies to applications can be expected within a day or so if accepted. IC: A roleplay meeting with Nafani (or a Watcher), a process in which your character will be spoken to about their talents and interests to determine how useful they would be to the Hunt. This will be when your rp style, profile, and lore will be looked at. Have no fear though, as the guild is very friendly to a new and learning roleplayer! Note: If we are unable to make contact with you in-game after a week of your application, your name will be marked off of our contact list and you will need to apply again or reach out to the GM.Nafani52 11h
12h Turwinkle visits the Ironforge Craft Fair! Hi-ho folks! Turwinkle here! Boy what a great time I had at the Ironforge Craft Fair! Tons of RP to be had and a lot of great booths, fireworks and improv! A great job by the Battlestein Company and friends to put on a wonderful event in the heart of Ironforge! So grab a snack, your favorite beverage and cuddle up to all the Turwinkle and Ironforge Craft Fair fun! https://youtu.be/4NFDEd2MiD0Turwinkle3 12h
12h [H-RP] <Soulcrown> ... Magistrix Asariel Ravenscar ... An organization of individuals dedicated to the creation and rediscovery of new and old magics. Whether it be archaeological finds, reading old tomes, or combining magics together to create something new and maybe improved. ... Researching almost impossible feats to show that there is much to learn and create. ... It has no immersive significance other than signifying royalty in the very important part of living. A brain child thought of by Asariel that associates with her life's work, and she wishes to bring everyone into the fold. ... This will be edited as each plot changes, and each story will be archived in the guild history. The discovery and treatment of alternative means to plagues and diseases both natural and unnatural. ... The nature of the guild was an organization formed a few years back. With corruption in the higher leadership, Asariel was thrust out of it entirely. No one knew her dedication and contributions to the order. Now she wishes to reinvigorate the flame that was quenched, with herself as the sole leader this time. <Soulcrown> http://soulcrown.shivtr.com/ is a new project that I am working on as a sister/partner to Ravenscrown and Nightscrown (the crown just sounds good, I promise you) and you can message me in-game or submit an application!Hemomancy6 12h
12h [H] Selling +15 carries for gold! I am currently the highest ranked player for Mythic+ on the server, and my group and I are looking to sell our services to you. We easily complete these in time, so far with only +2 and +3. I have experience with 100+ carries and can guarantee a smooth and pleasant run each time. https://raider.io/characters/us/wyrmrest-accord/Idorae • Finishing a +15 in time will give you your Keystone Master Achievement, and your Artifact skin for the Balance of Power questline appearance. • Three 940+ items will drop at the end of the run. You will have priority on all pieces that drop. • Finishing a +15 (in time or not in time) will give you a 960 item (with an increased chance to warforge/titanforge) for your weekly chest, and guarantee you a random +14 key next week. It will also give a significant amount of Artifact Power. • We will try to use a key of your preference that we have on-hand, but if not possible, we will use a key of our choosing. We will not sell Upper Karazhan on Tyrannical or Seat of the Triumvirate. Details • Gold is to be paid before keystone activation. • Price variance is due to demand and availability, but is negotiable. The baseline price is 160k. • If technical issues arise during the run, we will continue the dungeon without you. • In-game Wyrmrest Accord, Tichondrius, Area 52, or Emerald Dream Horde gold only. • If we are unable to complete the key in time, a full refund will be issued. This has not happened so far, and is unlikely to ever happen. • We allow up to 15 minutes after your scheduled run time before the run is cancelled. • During the run, you can either AFK at the start or do the run with us like normal. However, you may be asked to AFK at the start depending on the dungeon and gear. To schedule runs, or for any questions: In-game: Idorae-WyrmrestAccord BNet: W4nky#1118 Discord: The Explorrae#0736 Thank you!Idorae56 12h
12h Headcanon What's a headcanon you have that you genuinely wish was firm lore? For me, it's that Draenor is currently inaccessible, hence the lack of support, because it's being moved. Nozdormu is afraid that a perpetually, magically-linked alternate reality will destabilize our own reality, so he and the rest of the Bronze dragonflight are currently working on bringing Draenor into our solar system, or at least our universe, and that's why there's no connection. Everybody is stuck in their own plane of reality for now until the Bronze can get it fully moved over.Cannibal366 12h
13h Autism Awareness and Acceptance Month 2018 Hey everyone! Its that time of year again. Something I really look forward to. For those of you who do not know, I am on the autism spectrum and I did not learn about this until I graduated from college a few years ago. Due to this, I want to give hope and inspiration to anyone else out there on the spectrum and help them discover their potential in my own unique and silly way. My main thing that I have done every year is gather members of the Alliance and Horde together and dress them up in red yellow and blue robes and dresses and form a giant awareness ribbon. I have even expanded this into a transmog contest and a few events throughout the month. This normally happens on the last Saturday of the month at 7 pm server time at the frozen lake just outside of Gnomergan. I will arrange to have a lock there for summons and any Horde side locks would be helpful to. So, come dressed up in your best red yellow and blue atire. Any event I host this month will be streamed on my Twitch at Twitch.tv/Dreyfusxano. This year I am going to try something a little different, I am going to run a few custom servers in Overwatch and stream it through my Twitch. I am going to attempt to do a singing server and a few custom games for hanging out. I have felt inspired to sing a bit and would want to see what other talent is out there. I realize that there are many out there who are shy so if you feel so inspired come and join in the fun, if not come and enjoy me making a fool of myself ;). I think the best way for this to work is to be encouraging and have this be in a non toxic enviroment. At the very least, my end goal is to inspire and give other people on and off the spectrum hope. Not only that, make and meet some new friends. I believe in the infinite potential of the mind and this is just the tip of the iceburg for what I have planned. Until then my friends, Dreyfus Xano of the Xanoic Brotherhood https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrawunnncyz3vtl/WoWScrnShot_042917_210033.jpg?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ny4shfgy94bt8g/WoWScrnShot_043016_205918.jpg?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3xw8ucubtc6uic/2015%20ribbon.jpg?dl=0Dreyfusxano15 13h
14h Heart of the Raven Tavern & Inn [Open Event] Heart of the Raven Tavern and Inn is located in Rustberg Village, Tol Barad. We offer a wide selection of seasonal food and drink, as well as lodging and a warm hearth for the weary traveler. If you are looking for that little something extra, we also specialize in the procurement of the obscure and difficult to obtain. <Heart of the Raven> is a medium/heavy role play guild on Wyrmrest Accord Horde. We function ICly as a tavern and inn with a side focus on underground trade dealings. Come by and experience our hospitality every Monday night at 6:30 PM server. We are currently recruiting for members as well as looking for players who would like to interact on a regular basis. If you have questions regarding membership, event hosting, trade, or other RP avenues, please don't hesitate to contact us. HotR is an 18+ LGBTQIA+ Safe Space Guild (We highly recommend the Listener addon, which helps immensely in densely-packed RP locations!) Get in touch with us! Discord Perma-Link: https://discord.gg/EPCByNf In-Game OOC Chat Channel: /join HotROOC In-Game RP Channel: /join heartoftheraven IC Tumblr: heartoftheravenwra.tumblr.comVynix2 14h
14h [H] Old Soles We were looking for a guild with older minded people. We created "Old Soles" this week on th Horde side. Very casual place. Some of us have never had any RP experience and want to try. Others have experience and want more casual Rp. Maybe some don't want to Rp at all but just want to be with older minds. Wanted to let those who were interested that we did in fact start the guild. Look for anyone in game from Old Soles or send Lilee in game mail with your name to add. *We have people joining from all over the world so don't worry if you are in a different time zone. We also take any level and alts are welcome*Lilee91 14h
14h Allied Races: Where to next? So I'm sitting here trying to go to sleep and it just isn't working, so let's have some fun with the latest hot-button topic, the Allied Races system. Specifically, let's look at otherwise villainous races that might be worked into both the Alliance and Horde. You pitch me a race, and the Mega-Faction you think they should join, and I'll try to fineagle up a reasonable/plausible/workable manner in which they would A) want to join that faction B) be welcomed into that faction C) want to stay with that faction. This came up in Trade and made me go "Hmmmm." Mogu as a Allied Race, specifically the Horde, when we've spent so much effort stomping their would-be Thunder King back into his grave and the Pandaren within our ranks might be just the slightest bit concerned about us welcoming their former overlords into our ranks. *cracks knuckles* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VvkXA6xpqI Sylvanas is looking for new troops during the Battle for Azeroth as the casualties pile higher, the living races of the Horde still refuse to allow her Val'kyr to raise their dead and the Alliance continues to thrash at her borders. The Ogres are willing to fight but are balking at outright serving under her, given what happened to the last Ogres who followed her directly, and mercenaries are loathe to get involved with the Horde due to troubling rumors that the Horde is still flat broke after Garrosh's tenure. And then she gets a curious messenger from Pandaria. A Mogu, of all things, under flag of truce, with a scroll written in Titanic script, of all things. Raiden, the maimed and half-crazed Titan Watcher, escaped from the Thunder King's palace and spent months wandering Pandaria, trying to make sense of it all ... and then watched the Alliance and Horde end that Old God once and for all. The mortals struck the final blow that even his own creators feared to perform. And then they tried to sue for peace with each other, even if it did end in failure. And so Raiden sends a message to Sylvanas. He knows the darkness beneath the skin of the world, he knows the fate that awaits Sylvanas, and what happened to Helya, both due to Odyn's overweening arrogance and contempt for the mortals, and then her death at the hands of the Alliance and Horde. Raiden offers Sylvanas a pact: he will aid her in taking Helya's now vacant throne, condemning Sylvanas to an eternity as a shadowy Goddess of Death, but in turn freeing her from her destiny to become trapped in the Abyss as the Old Gods' plaything for all time. In return, she will use the power of her position to help Raiden fortify Azeroth against further invasions from the Void and the Shadowlands. And for his part, Raiden marches to Orgrimmar as the newest addition to the Horde's leadership ... with an army of humbled Mogu at his back. He had not been idle while contemplating how to save Azeroth, and who best to aid him in this task, and had set out to reclaim 'his' army from their warlords and emperors and princelings, shattering all rivals and teaching the Mogu who and what he was, what the Thunder King had truly done to Raiden to claim his powers, and the Mogu's ultimate role as defenders of Azeroth's children against the Old Gods, the Legion and any force that would threaten the safety of the World Soul slumbering within. As frantic Alliance ambassadors strove to convince the weakened Titan Watcher to instead side with them, the scarred giant would turn to them with a sad look and tell them simply "You would never be able to go far enough to do what must be done. Your sense of morality would make you falter right when Azeroth needs you to be the sharp blade cutting away the infection around her heart." The Mogu join the Horde as unlikely allies, still proud of their heritage and their long history as conquerors and empire-builders, but now humbled and ashamed that they had drifted so far, and sinned so greatly, against the ones their creators had made them to protect. Mages, Warriors, Monks, Rogues, Hunters, Priests and Shamans all rise from their ranks, eager to pit the might of the True Thunder King's army against all who would threaten Azeroth's future, be they factions within the Horde, the Alliance itself, or any other nation foolish enough to defy Raiden's vision of the future.Krenkan96 14h
14h [H] <The Blind Vultures> LF Guild Officers About Us ... Guild Officers ... Roleplay Events ... Ranks ... Contact ...Xugrim0 14h
14h The Mead Hall Master Post It is with great pride that I present to you all The Mead Hall master post! It has been deserved for a long time, and now the Mead Hall has its own place here on the forums. Feel free to ask any questions here on the forums or reach out to us in-game. What is The Mead Hall? The Mead Hall is a large, active RP community here on Wyrmrest Accord that regularly conducts roleplay influenced by the regional area of Khaz Modan and its denizens, primarily the dwarves. The Mead Hall consists of several guilds and individuals that all work with one another to create a positive roleplay experience for all of its members. It has accumulated a rich history over the years of its existence and that history has grown with every passing week. The Mead Hall primarily focuses on RP, but PvE, PvP, and RPvP are also things we absolutely love to devote our time to. The majority of our activities begin at 6PM server time. The Guilds of The Mead Hall The importance of the Mead Hall supersedes that of any guild within it. Regardless of what guild one is in, members receive invites to nearly all Mead Hall events. Communication between the guilds is the cornerstone of the community. Players are free to find the guild that suits them the best without having to worry about missing out on major story elements. There are many guilds in the Mead Hall and I could not possibly do them all justice here on one post, but representatives from these guilds are fairly easy to reach for those with questions. Do note that a portion of these guilds will have limitations on what races they accept. What Makes The Mead Hall Great A variety of guilds, each with their own niches. A dedicated group of admins. A friendly and useful discord with active text channels and voice channels. Story consistency. Frequent social and event driven RP. A large number of active players with varying degrees of RP experience. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS!!!!!!!!!!! The best emojis How to find The Mead Hall It’s as simple as /join themeadhall to join our in-game chat channel. Just introduce yourself and you won’t have to wait long. You can also attend one of our weekly pub nights: Modarin’s The Cask ‘n’ Anvil (By IF Gryphon Roost) at 6PM server every Friday and Bathildis’ The Steel Pub (Anvilmar) every Sunday at 6PM server. After doing so, just reach out to someone for the discord info and you’ll begin your adventure!Thelgref54 14h
14h [H-Event] Ruination Rave - May 5th First came the White Death plague that left no corner untouched. Then came the Final War that razed all of our cities and towns. Next came the contamination that tainted our water and food supply. Few safe havens remain in this decaying, post-apocalyptic world and this night, for the first time ever, the Wayward Tart will open our gates for you, Azeroth’s few survivors. Come join us for a night of revelry and mayhem, celebrating your place as one of the only remaining inhabitants of these lands. A ravaged world on the verge of death, we treat every night as if it will be our last. As they say, the show must go on! When: Saturday, May 5th 6pm (Wyrmrest Accord - Pacific time) until whenever! Where: Ruins of Uldum Entrance at Valley of the Watchers, Tanaris (37:78) What: A post-apocalyptic rave! Booze, live DJ’s, go-go dancers and more fun surprises! Don your post-apocalyptic best and come join the mayhem! *We will have glowsticks available!* CREATIVE POST-APOCALYPTIC OUTFITS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED!! ALLIANCE AND OTHER SERVERS WELCOME TO JOIN! For more information/questions or a general look at our other upcoming events, come visit us at: http://succulent-tart.tumblr.com/tagged/event **For in-game calendar invite, please feel free to comment your player name below!**Gabbrialla2 14h
15h A Gathering of Shadows IC Invite/Info: ... OOC Info: Date: May 26 Time: 5:30 Server Time Location: Courtyard of Shadowfang Keep (can be reached via flying mount [also, thanks to Kazimir for his post on cool RP locations all those years ago :D]) Who to contact: Shadesinger, TBD How the event will work: I'm hoping to have at least two or three guest speakers and with it, a period lasting maybe 15-20 minutes on discussion and note sharing. Guest Speakers: TBDShadesinger30 15h
15h H<Plays with Fire> 2/11 M Recruiting <Plays With Fire> is a Horde guild on Wyrmrest Accord who is looking to fill a few spots in our core mythic raiding group. We're looking to bolster our ranks with like-minded individuals with a goal in clearing Mythic Raid progression and Keystone Dungeon runs. Our core team has downed 11/11 H Antorus and 2/11 M Antorus Our raid times are Tuesday & Thursday, 9:30 PM-12AM EST. Feel free to post here or message (Tyrven#1989) if you have any questions or are interested in joining. -Classes Needed Damage Needed: Ranged (high) Melee (medium – DK, Rogue, or Warrior would be nice) Healers Needed: All healers are welcome to apply Tanks Needed: None at this time What we want from you: We provide a stable environment for our raiders to constantly improve as players and teammates. During progression we use our time efficiently, maintain focus, and exercise discipline; however, while on farm the atmosphere is more relaxed. Our time is precious and we know yours is as well; efficiency is our ultimate goal. We actively endeavor to maintain a mature, drama-free environment. Activity and Raid attendance is a high priority. Raiding is a group activity and one person can bring down a group. Having previous raid experience is a plus and AP traits maxed out with 2 legendaries. Have Discord and a mic because communication is important during boss fights. What you can expect from us: We do keystone runs during the week at about our general raid time ( 9PM-11PM EST). We are willing work with people that show initiative in gearing. A trial period of 2 weeks to see if you are a good fit. Most of all a raid environment to clear bosses and get lootz because isnt that why we are all here for. Contact: Tyrven#1989Hammercyde0 15h
16h <Bottom of the Barrel> 11/11H is recruiting <BOTB> is a Horde PvE guild, recruiting the core BfA raid team. Our goals have always been to get AOTC, and if we have the numbers and interest we will casually do Mythic after Heroic farm. When we raid: Tuesday 5:30-8:30 pm Server Thursday 5:30-8:30 pm Server ------------------------------------ Alt Run/Mythic+ on Sunday 5:30-8:30 pm Server Recruitment: As we get closer to BFA we will sort out what classes/roles we need the most. For now we are accepting all applications for all roles as many of our raiders try out new roles, classes and specs that they are interested in. Our History: Bottom of the Barrel was formed at the start of Legion, taking a few pieces of old raid groups combining them at a new home. Since then our goal has been to get AOTC for every raid, improve as players, and have fun doing so. At the Start of Legion we were the 114th server kill Heroic Xavius and at the end we become the 22nd guild on the server to kill Heroic Argus. Looking forward we plan to get AOTC in each raid for BfA and hope to find continued success and improvement. Other then Raiding: Monthly events on the calendar for guildies to participate in - sometimes for prizes. (Tmog Contents, Legacy Raids, Pet Battle Tourney, etc.) Mythic+ Groups to push keys, get weekly chests, and gear up RBGs will hopefully be a semi-frequent occurrence once there’s enough interest Do we Role play: That is a work in progress. We recently made the decision to support RP events within the guild. While not a primary focus, we have many members who partake in RP and would like to foster and encourage it within the guild. How to join: If you plan to join as a raider we have an application linked below in the contacts. New raiders are welcome and encouraged. We’ll do our best to help anyway we can! If you’d prefer to join as a non-raid member all you have to do is contact one of the officers below or ping us in-game for an invite. Contacts: Guild leader: Fushanpow#1736 Officers: NateTheGreat#1914, Sliz#11545, FunkyGnome#11742. Application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVi6OzkY4MV1oNYOxB6D59Cx6tNNK4UwV_CVSVaxWqqKHRGw/viewformFushanpow7 16h
16h (A) <Clan Drakehammer> Hammers out, lads! "Clan Drakehammer? Aye, they're a right proper Clan alright. They keep sproutin' up out the ground! They say if you counted every Drakehammer on Azeroth you'd fill Ironforge with 'em! But make no mistake, those Dwarves can fight. Orcs, demons...even dragons. Especially dragons. They're what it means to be Wildhammer. You make a friend o'the Drakehammers...you won't need another." That's right, folks. Clan Drakehammer is back in a big way and open for recruitment! As one of the oldest clans around, the Dwarves of the Highlands have come to do battle with Dragons and Orcs alike! Who we are: Clan Drakehammer was one of the first Dwarven themed guilds to allow non Dwarves in, and we aim to continue that today! Open to all races, Clan Drakehammer is a coalition of willing heroes and riffraff alike who desire independence, freedom, and kickin' Horde tail. We are first and foremost an RP guild, and while we may get rowdy or drunk ICly, we still value depth of character and personally driven story arcs. Anybody will tell you a Drakehammer knows how to party, but what we strive for is a time and place for everything. The stories we tell aren't always laughs and drinks...afterall, war is hell, and we aim to have fun with both the serious and whimsical sides of roleplay. We're a group that's typically active in the evening times of EST, and all through the night on the weekends. What you get out of joining: What you get, plain and simple, is a whoppin' good time! I just wanted to use the adjective 'whoppin''...nobody ever uses it anymore. But really, you'll be joining a group who roleplays regularly. The Drakehammers have been around since the opening of the server, and we aim to bring that experience to the table in creating fun and dynamic events. You join a group whose story tellers are highly experienced, and responsible for server wide plotlines still felt to this day! And most importantly, you join a group that understands new environments and new faces can be awkward at times, and we endeavor to work with you and your character to provide you the best possible opportunities to shine in roleplay, allowing for smooth transitions both into the guild and into the storylines. The Greater Community: Clan Drakehammer is a returning member of the MeadHall Dwarven community. So not only will you just be roleplaying with us, but you'll also be a part of a network of Dwarven guilds who, when together, don't see the boundaries of guilds. There truly is nothing else like it...so heck, even if our guild doesn't sound like your cup of mead...the Dwarven community is still worth being a part of! Dwarves and non-Dwarves: As mentioned above, we were one of the first to welcome non Dwarves into our ranks, and so we continue that tradition! Though we are Dwarven themed and undergo adventures that are in the interest of Drakehammers and Wildhammers as a whole, that is not always the case. RP can often be unpredictable at times, and we often find ourselves in situations we didn't expect. That being said, no soul who desires to fight and drink will be turned away here. Be you human, Elf...even Dark Iron. Clan Drakehammer has come to represent so much more than just the best of the Wildhammers. It represents the tenacity and bravery that is at the very core of the Alliance. And as such, all are welcome. The war effort needs you...would you like to know more? If any of this sounds like something you would want to be a part of, then look for Drakehammer, Bladewen, or Kirsey online! Any questions you have we'll be happy to field, about us or the Dwarven community as a whole! See you on th'battlefield, lads n' lasses!Drakehammer50 16h
16h [A-RP] <Sentinel> Smashing Faces For Elune "I am never without my Sisters. And they will never be without me." Vigilance, selflessness, bravery, fortitude, and discipline. Words every Sentinel lives by--or, if necessary--dies by. We are our people's first and last line of defense. From the streets of Darnassus, to the shadowed groves of Darkshore; from the ancient woods of Ashenvale, to the towering crags of Stonetalon: We are ever watchful, and ever ready to combat any foe that would endanger Kalimdor or our people. To these enemies we offer no quarter, and expect none in return. Are you ready to answer the clarion call? Are you ready to become a <Sentinel>? ....................................................... <Sentinel> is an established and stable roleplay guild, founded over SIX years ago and still going strong today. As our name suggests, we are strongly militaristic in theme. Our aim is to accurately portray the role of Kaldorei soldiers in service of Tyrande, and also to promote Night Elf roleplay in Darnassus, Kalimdor, and the server as a whole. Our membership is friendly and supportive, and we're looking for more active roleplayers to join us! We hold a regular Induction Ceremony for our new recruits every Saturday night, followed by drill and formation practice. Throughout the month we also schedule a wide variety of other RP events or activities such as combat missions, Sentinel training, story circles, historic site tours, classic raids, and battlegrounds. We also host multi-event roleplay campaigns that can span several weeks. What level must I be to join your guild? We have soft level requirement of level 20, so that you can ride your nightsaber mount during events. We also ask that you be reasonably active, and not simply looking for a place to park a soon-to-be-forgotten Night Elf alt. This does not mean you must be online every day! But we do encourage our members to participate: to attend guild events if they are online, regularly check our website, and to take initiative and be proactive with their own roleplay ideas. What classes and races do you accept? We follow a strict traditional Sentinel theme in our roleplay, and currently only allow female night elves. All classes are welcome except for mages, demon hunters, and death knights. I enjoy roleplay, but also want to experience more of what World of Warcraft has to offer. So do we! Our members partake in many aspects of the game, from testing their might in PvP battlegrounds and dungeons, to less dangerous pursuits such as pet battles, collecting mounts, and running classic raids. One activity we do not organize is progression raiding. If that is something you fancy, then we are probably not for you. Roleplaying a Sentinel sounds intimidating; there is so much Night Elf lore to know... While some familiarity with Night Elf lore is definitely encouraged, we are happy to assist those who might be new to this type of roleplay (or even roleplay in general). As long as you are willing to learn and improve, we will help with character-building, lore, and any other questions you might have. Where can I find more information? Our website at http://x.co/sentinel is a good place to start. There you will find our guild rules and policies, helpful links to guides for Night Elf lore and roleplay, along with an online application (which is required to join the guild). Otherwise, you are welcome to contact our guild officers in-game: Adellwyna (Guild Leader), Lierona, Xeqwena, Bovira, Alesterra, and Kamëqetë. We look forward to hearing from you! Tor ilisar'thera'nal! Let our enemies beware!Adellwyna496 16h
16h WRA Event Calendar Back and improved! So I have started maintaining the event calendar again. I decided to ditch Shivtr because I hated the interface, so if you are holding onto that old link let it go. The calendar has gone back to Google, but this time you can submit your own events and they will upload automatically through Google Forms (I hope). I have done some testing and it seems to be working as intended. Here are some links: View Calendar: http://warcraftisastage.tumblr.com/seeevent Submit Event: http://warcraftisastage.tumblr.com/postevent In case you want to view/add the calendar through your own Google Cal here is the link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=bGluZGkua2l0dHlAZ21haWwuY29t Like I said, events auto-submit, but if you need to change/delete them you will have to get a hold of me, which should be pretty easy. If you have a reoccurring event submit it and then let me know as well so that I can adjust it on the calendar. After this is running smoothly I'll start working on the cross realm calendar again too. Hopefully this helps sort the MASSIVE amount of events our server has and helps get people to the places that interest them! :DLindiwe6 16h
17h Oi Oi! Hammit here and jus' popping by to ask ye buggers if there are any Dwarven guilds recruitin? Otherwise <Yellow Snow Salesman> is gonna be created t'night I'm thinkin. Love, Hammit Kegtosser -Official Ironforge Yellow Snow MerchantHammit2 17h
18h Bring yourself back online WESTWORLD SEASON TWO BABY Starting tonight, Westworld takes to the screens again. For those who haven't watched season one, I highly recommend doing so. You have all day! I'm excited to see where the story will lead. The journey of artificial intelligence finding it's own thoughts is intriguing and all, though once it has, what it will do next is anyone's guess. Did they complete their journey through the maze, or is someone new simply pulling the strings? I have some burning questions. What's up with the Samurai? Will we see Hector again? Is there more to what happens with Ford? Is everyone a cylon? What are your questions, Wyrmrest? What are you looking forward to in this next season?Topsail6 18h
18h [H] Brightmoon Faire Dilapidated wagons are parked on the outskirts of town. Sounds of metal on metal can be heard as small, patchy tents are hoisted, their faded colors almost blending in with the setting sun on the horizon. Soon, the town is speckled with workers wearing the familiar black and purple tabards: An orc flips the last of her torches into the air. She deftly catches them as they drop down, spinning and doing tricks, and in the last moment breathing fire! A dancer moves among the crowd, her clothing jingles with bells and false coins that jingle with every twist and turn. Accompanying her is a fiddler who seems to make it a personal challenge to throw the dancer off with changes in pace. The smell of sweet fried foods fills the air as a goblin with a cart moves through the crowd peddling delicacies that follow the carnies - Elekk ears, breaded meats on a stick, and candy floss tempt those he passes. A troll spins a tale about a tribe of death-whistlers... he asks for a volunteer for a demonstration. And off in the corner is a hooded figure laying down cards on an overturned box for her patron. Not trying to draw attention to herself, yet people still seem to seek her out to get the wisdom of the spirits. The Brightmoon Faire is back in town! ---- Brightmoon Faire is a small guild that has been around for a very very long time (though sometimes not too active, I am looking at you Cata). If you have a character that would be at home busking in the streets of a major city, or being the headliner in a stage show, we have a home for you. More info is to come, but if this has you curious then let talk!Lindiwe12 18h
18h [H]<Inside Joke> 2/11 M is Recruiting <Inside Joke> is a Horde raiding guild who is in mythic antorus, we are currently 2/11 M in Antorus on Wyrmrest Accord. Our goal is to push cutting edge by the end of the expansion. We have an experienced core group and are looking to fill the last couple spots to push content. We also do mythic+ regularly and we have some PvPers. Come for the raid, stay for the jokes ;) Recruitment (Updated 4/23/18) The following classes are currently in highest demand: Tank: None Healers: None Dps: Fire Mage, Warlock, Shadow Priest, Rogue, Windwalker All classes are welcome, the ones above are highly desired. :) Raid Schedule • Heroic Farm: Tuesday 9:30PM-12AM Server • Mythic Progression: Wednesday/Thursday 9:30PM-12AM Server • Our atmosphere is laid-back and fun but while progressing we are all usually pretty focused on staying out of the fire. • 940+ ilvl is desired but if you are an exceptional raider we have no problem gearing you Contact info: bnet: SoapingDuck#1721 Kaveen#1351 Hopea#2588 Char#12291Soapingpaly52 18h
18h [A-RP] <Telogrus Outreach> is now recruiting! *A crisp, clean letter in elven script begins to pop up in bulletin and public boards across Stormwind. What sets them apart from the other notices and warrants is that they are written on black paper and sparkling, golden white ink. * Fellow Ren’dorei, Our people have stared into the heart of darkness and have made it through to the other side. While our exile from Quel’thalas and the home we once knew still stings the hearts of many of our number, Alleria and the Alliance have given us a place to call our own and grow in strength. Now it is up to us to make it a home. We are a dispossessed community, banished and forgotten by our kin. Unlike others that join our new union, we have changed as a people in ways they do not understand. We are unfamiliar to their eyes even though we have been so close for so long. We must not let that fear of the unknown cast us out of Stormwind as it has the lands of our ancestry. For this, we have formed the Telogrus Outreach. We strive for a better communion with our new Alliance neighbors while strengthening our identity as Ren’dorei. We shall not stagnate or sink into savagery as we have in the past, and we will share our culture and our knowledge with our allies while building a community of our own within the Alliance. Join us as we hold celebrations and gatherings for our fellow scions of the Rift. Join us as we reach out and strengthen our bond with the kingdoms and races that see the promise of our people. We are here for you, brothers and sisters. The Telogrus Outreach is with you. *The posting goes on later with information and places to contact the guild, as well as people of note. The flier concludes with the guild’s crest, stylized with stars and elvish symbols across a field of blue.* *** Telogrus Outreach is a Void Elf centric guild that focuses on roleplay and story building. We hope to carve out a place for the Ren’dorei community in Stormwind and beyond, and invite our Alliance brethren to join in future events and social gatherings. If your Void Elf character needs a place to belong or is struggling with becoming part of the Alliance, we may be the guild for you! Contact Somnelle or Revendel for more information and thank you for reading!Somnelle21 18h