Wyrmrest Accord

Nov 22, 2010 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft Realm Discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss happenings on your realm with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Bashiok0 Nov 22, 2010
Dec 9 Master Post - Racial Lore Guides: Horde (Pasting this from the old forums, Thanks to Danikah and Kalanii and Quill for these and their preservation.) Quill’s Advice to Blood Elves/Those Who Hate Them Original Post (Repost by Kalanii): Your eyes are green. The only blue permitted is the frosty blue of a DK. There are no exceptions. The Sunwell reigniting did not make your eyes change color; fel taint is permanent. Orcs haven't gone back to brown skin. You are not a High Elf. You are not a Half-Elf. High elves and half-elves are Alliance-based. The high elves have thrown in their lot with the Alliance, and the half-elves are half-human, and thus attached to the Alliance. If you are one of these two things and you are playing in the Horde, disguise it. If you are open about this, you will be exiled or, more likely, executed. Play it smart if you must play it at all. You do not hold titles equal to major NPCs. You are not a Grand Magister, a Ranger-General, or a Blood Knight Matriarch. You are not an exception to this rule. Those people are the top of the chain of their respective organizations; you are not their equal. My advice? Be just a magister, a blood knight, or a ranger. Don't define yourself by your title. You can gain respect without a high rank. Blood elves play a subtle game with their politics and power struggles. Most of the power struggles seen in Silvermoon from RPers are duels or RP fights; this would not be tolerated by the guard unless it was taken outside, but moreover, this is not terribly characteristic of the culture. They are crafty people who prefer techniques like blackmail and playing the long game, which comes of their relatively long lives. Stop drawing your weapons and blasting people with your spells and start learning how to wound with words. Be patient. Be clever. Cleverness isn't something you can fake, mind, so if being subtle and working intrigue isn't something you feel up to doing, get out of the Silvermoon scene or don't try to play the sort of bloodelf who is into power struggles. A blunt bloodelf would not get very far in their culture. Openly talking about throwing down the government or otherwise defying the laws of decency would not happen without consequences. This is more of a general rule for RP, but it happens a lot in Silvermoon so I'm putting it here. You need to acknowledge your environment. Just because the guards won't actually react in game doesn't mean they wouldn't react in lore. We're here to play in the Warcraft world, and that includes using your imagination as to what would happen if you took such actions. Understand that the guards would be after you for stabbing someone if you did it on the street or in an establishment, and that even if you "evaded" them, there would be a warrant for your arrest. Allarya109 Dec 9
Aug 24 Roleplaying 101: A crash course on Characters <insert exodar crash joke here> - Table of Contents (You're reading this, right now.) =========================================================== - Introduction - What this aims to accomplish, and for who - What is "Great Roleplay" and a "Great Roleplayer"? - Lore Accuracy - Start from the beginning, and finish at the end. - Goals: What do I want? - Step One: So many choices, what to go for first? - A shattered mirror: all the pieces of the character that make a whole - What's my Story? - Who do I know? - What do I do? - What -am- I? - Step Two: Socialites and Interacting with the Public - Racial Backgrounds and Stereotypes - Social Mores and Laws - Radicals (fanatics) and Moderates (conservatives) - Who shaped my opinions? (The effect of family on perceptions) - Step Three: An Empty Mind - Filling your Character's Head - Emptying your Character's Head - Personality Traits - Physical Habits and Mannerisms - Step Four: An Empty Life - I've got personality but no lifestyle! - Real world activities vs. "What I can do in WoW" - My class, and how it relates to me - My professions, giving me more than a fat/empty wallet. - Using class and profession to add to a character's dynamics. - Touching bases: How class and profession relate to my society. - Education: What do I know, and who taught me? A final wrap up to your character's story. - Step Five: Hey everybody, come see how good I look! - Physical Appearance and Characteristics - Start big, then go small - Descriptive words - Touching bases (again): Society and tattoos, piercings, ect. - Describing my Garb (what do I wear?) - Affiliations and Dressing (who do I know and how does that effect my dress?) - Final Step: Affiliations and my place in the world - Who am I now? (ranks, titles, and other affluential tomfoolery) - In closing: - Final Tips - From Hero to Zero: How good characters fall to pieces. - A thank you =========================================================== Roleplaying 101 - Yet another jerk telling you how to play your game. An Introduction: Welcome to roleplaying 101! This will be yet another thread where someone tells you in a stuck up and haughty manner why you suck at rp and how to fix it. It's your $15 a month, so by all means ready the flamethrowers and burn this thread to the ground. In all seriousness if that's your views, feel free to go read another thread. If you want to learn, well hopefully I can teach you something in my handful of years of roleplay. If I can't teach you something, well I can say I tried. And if I can't say that, I can at least say I wasted a good chunk of time facerolling this keyboard for you all. For those of you that dislike long threads: that's too bad. I'm writing this thread for a guild myself and a friend are planning on creating after seeing some of the roleplay within this server and deciding we wanted to control our exposure to the community in order to create a roleplay environment rich in immersion and character development that pertains to lore accuracy. If your reaction at this point revolves around the word "elitist" you're probably right. For those of you who I haven't chased off yet: lets cut to the chase! The very...very long chase. What this aims to accomplish, and for who: Who am I talking (typing) to in this thread? To anyone who wants to expand their roleplaying character to be a rich and developed individual, who feels like a real person who actually exists in the "World of Warcraft". Someone who grew up here, developed their mind here, and would contribute to the society here. Who this doesn't pertain to: People who play "just to have fun" People who use the excuse "It's my $15" People who don't roleplay People who could care less about lore, immersion, and realism in roleplay Ghostcrawler (everyone seems to hate on his watercooler posts, so I might as well kick him in the kidney while he's down!) What this thread aims to accomplish is to be a comprehensive guide to creating a character who is fully developed and inserted into this game's lore. This thread may not be for the casual roleplayer or someone who is not really interested in making a basal rp character to throw bombs in the pig and whistle, and stare harshly at all the non-paladins in the Cathedral, or ERP as a female draenei.Alinaris139 Aug 24
Oct 1 Roleplaying 102: The Revenge of Society RP 102: Read RP 101 First Welcome to RP 102! Forgive the long time between the previous RP 101 and this thread, I was a bit busy and couldn't find time to sit down long enough to collect thoughts and put them into an intelligent thread, and nobody wants to hear me ramble. Nobody. This RP 102 thread is a bit shorter than my original RP 101 thread. You'll have to forgive me on this. I've been really busy and this is the best I could throw together. If there's enough interest, I may even write a RP 103 thread. If you want to see some tips and such for something I didn't touch in either thread, or have questions/comments feel free to contact me in game as Alinaris or Zakarov. So lets get down to business! Once again, if you haven't read RP 101, I highly recommend you read it first, as this thread deals with advanced RP concepts and may or may not ever refer to the original 101 thread. Welcome to the revenge of society. Like your favorite horror movie villains, me repeating this word over and over again will never die, and come back to haunt you while you're swimming at your favorite summer camp. Silly councilors... As always this thread is for a specific type of person, and not for others. If you're interested in learning some advanced RP concepts, brushing up on that pop culture character you made, or in general someone interested in learning and expanding your already expansive knowledge of (draenei female tail length) roleplay, then continue on! However if you're any of the following, please do not read any further as I'm afraid this thread will probably just frustrate you and/or cause you to develop unsightly welts. Ghostcrawler If you may or may not be a werepenguin. Any and all Lady Gaga roleplayers. If you own more than fifteen beanie babies. People who cannot handle sarcasm and satire. People who will read the table of contents and flame on something they read without reading the actual subject matter at hand. I love you guys so much. Gnomes (Because we all know gnomes are mythical creatures that do not exist.) Here's your table of contents: 1. An intro to RP 102 and a recap on 101. 2. But I want to rp as spider man! Pop culture done right. 3. Crazy RP abilities: How to commit self suicide. 4. Dragon Roleplay: If you're gonna do it, do it right. (Don't do it) 5. Erotic Roleplay (and how it's ruining your favorite server right now!) 6. Expanding your character even further (social events and you) This is a more focused thread touching on several “taboo” subjects and how to deal with them appropriately, and what generally ruins such things for people. This thread will be kept clean, so don't see #5 up there and get all excited (looking at you, draenei) because this isn't a “how to guide” but rather where it may or may not fit in, and the arguments for both sides. If you're concerned, read the next post on what each section will contain.Alinaris47 Oct 1
22h IC Twitter Project: On the Rise Again! *A small book appears in from of you...It says: "I am the magical Twitt."* Hello everybody! I'm not sure if anyone is still active in the IC Twitter, since it's all full! So, I, Pisella the Pie Vendor, have decided to make a new thread! So add us on Twitter, or make your own! Same rules apply! ... List: ...Pisella119 22h
5d The Great Alliance Guild Directory! The Great Alliance Guild Directory! Please request a sticky! Looking for a guild? Have a guild but looking for members? You're in the right place! RP Guilds(All Races): http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-2 RP Guilds(Specific Races): http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-7 PVE Guilds: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-10 PVP Guilds: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-10 Other(Social, mish-mash, et cetera): N/A Format: Guild Name Here "motto here" Description: ( short description here 3-5 sentences max. ) Races: (What races are allowed?) Leader(s): Requirements: (Lore-compliance, website application, interview, specific ilvl, et cetera) Recruitment: (url to guild advertisement thread, if any. Otherwise, how do people join?) Website: (url to guild website, if any.) Wiki link: (url to wiki page, if any) General Information: If you have trouble with the forums/are banned, you can send me an in-game mail at Jaeysa with the info or you can e-mail me at warriorjaeysa@gmail.com Please try to keep your adverts as brief as possible. Anything over 150 characters may be shortened by me. Unless you are the guild leader or an officer with the GL's permission, please don't post for your guild. If you have any changes to your post, please send me in-game mail on Jaeysa, as not only do I check it more frequently it'll cut down on the number of posts.Please request a sticky!Jaeysa98 5d
2m Headcanon What's a headcanon you have that you genuinely wish was firm lore? For me, it's that Draenor is currently inaccessible, hence the lack of support, because it's being moved. Nozdormu is afraid that a perpetually, magically-linked alternate reality will destabilize our own reality, so he and the rest of the Bronze dragonflight are currently working on bringing Draenor into our solar system, or at least our universe, and that's why there's no connection. Everybody is stuck in their own plane of reality for now until the Bronze can get it fully moved over.Cannibal180 2m
12m Random Common Misconceptions and Facts Because education is fun sometimes. Porcupines can't shoot their quills. Quills are just sharp hairs, and the porcupine has no way of shooting them from their body. Camels can run faster than horses. Horses average 25 - 30 mph at galloping speed, whereas a camel can reach up to 40 mph. Bats can actually see better than humans. Bananas are irradiated. In fact, consuming one banana will give you more radiation than living within a mile of a nuclear radiation plant for 50 years. Bread is really bad for ducks. It's basically just starch and gives them no nutritional value. Large amounts of bread can actually cause "angel wing" syndrome, causing the wrist-joints in their wings to bend outwards, preventing flight. Oats, corn and lettuce is better for them. Buddha isn't fat. Those statues are of Budai, a Chinese folk hero, often associated with the original Buddha. Also, Buddha is not a god in traditional Buddhism. The Biblical forbidden fruit is never stated to be an apple. Likewise, the Bible never states how many magi came (nor does it say they were kings), nor does it ever state that December 25th is Jesus' birthday. That date was established by Pope Julius the First in 350 BCE, mimicking over a dozen other gods' birthdays to try and overshadow any other kinds of worship. Red belts are better than black belts. Black belts just mean you're good at the basics, but red belts mean you've either founded your own form of martial arts or specialize in a certain aspect. Ancient people weren't dying of old age at 30. There were high infant mortality rates at the time so the average is lowered. If you got older than 18 in the Middle Ages, odds are you'd live well into your 60s. Iron maidens weren't real. They were invented in the 16th century by museums hoping to draw more crowds to see their crazy, never-before-seen torture devices. Quivers were designed to transport large amounts of arrows, not for use in combat. Ancient archers would hold multiple arrows in their bow-hand to fire in rapid succession, not draw from the quiver every time they wanted to fire. Traditionally, plate armor used to be significantly lighter than mail armor. Knights had no issues with mobility, mounting or dismounting, whereas chainmail-wearers were significantly hindered in movement. Horses are actually native to North America but migrated across the Being Strait and into Asia during the Pleistocene Epoch. All remaining species in North America, like Haringtonhippus, went extinct, and their descendants were eventually reintroduced to America by European colonists. The 1938 reading of H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds did not create nationwide panic. Hardly anyone was even listening to the broadcast. Newspapers played up the incident the following day to discredit radio as a competitor. The sun is white, not yellow. It appears yellow late in the day due to atmospheric scattering. Dogs don't sweat by salivating. They have sweat glands on their footpads. There is no such thing as an "alpha" in a wolf pack. The study that coined the term only observed unrelated adult wolves living in captivity. Wild packs operate like human families, where the parents make the calls and once the kids are old enough, they make joint decisions. In fact, wild dogs in Africa have been observed conducting crude "voting" by barking. Daddy longlegs, also called cellar spiders, are not the most venomous spider. They actually can pierce human skin, but their venom causes a slight sting for a few seconds before fading. If you're exposed to the vacuum of space, you won't explode, or freeze to death, or burn from solar flares. You'll pass out from a lack of oxygen and die from hypoxia in a few minutes. Humans have over 20 senses, not just five. Others aside from sight, smell, taste, touch and hearing include balance, acceleration, pain, proprioception, temperature, time, itching, pressure, hunger, thirst, fullness, the need to urinate, defecate and blood CO levels among others. Your skin doesn't wrinkle when wet to help grab underwater objects. It's an autonomic nervous system response and has no benefits. Hair does not grow back thicker or darker when cut, the end is simply tapered and therefore feels thicker. Redheads are not going extinct, unless every redhead on the planet dies or fails to reproduce. Sugar has no effect on the hyperactivity in children. Children derived from first cousins have a 5-6% risk of defects, the same risk as a 40-year-old woman, and only slightly above the average 3-4% risk. Vaccines do not cause autism and no legitimate study ever done has ever concluded this. Rust does not cause tetanus, they're both just found in similar environments. Photographic memory isn't real. Some people do have great memory, but most of them have just been shown to be great at using mnemonic devices.Cannibal41 12m
12m I drank a coke today. It was pretty good, had it with ice.Julliven46 12m
18m Share your funny RP stories with me, WrA Alternate thread title: I'm bored @ work, entertain me. I'm sure all of us have a surfeit of amusing RP stories to tell, so why not share them? Tell me about your unfortunate /rolls, your IC shenanigans, the events you've attended that turned on their head, your mistakes, your foibles, your accidents! Tell me about your weird encounters, silly "out-there" character concepts you've played as or with, or clever jokes that you managed to come up with in the moment! C'mon, WrA. Share some silly stories with me.Kazimir20 18m
44m ✧ Grey Haven ✧ Greetings, Wyrmrest. Wanted to make an official statement on a new project we're working on; Grey Haven. Grey Haven is a Horde-based, neutral-aligned guild planned to go IC at the start of Battle for Azeroth. Grey Haven was founded by yours truly and Aurellia on November 6th, 2017, three days after BlizzCon and the new expansion announcement. In the wake of a renewed faction conflict, both of us felt that our characters would not fit in the planned narrative, and instead we sought to create a role-play guild centered around Horde defectors and refugees seeking exile from war and conflict, while still doing what they could to assist the innocent. So far, our general direction at the start of the expansion is helping move along storylines to get members fully defected, the formation of Grey Haven, and the search for a new home. During the BlizzCon World of Warcraft Gameplay and Systems Deep Dive, Blizzard spoke briefly about the "thousand islands of the Great Sea." This alone gave us plenty to work with. Our currently desired narrative is that one of these islands, somewhere in the Great Sea, becomes their new home. Following their establishment, Grey Haven would work on establishing at least neutral relationships with the main factions, as well as smaller ones, and begin recruiting members of all races. That being said, we plan to stay Horde-side as that's where we personally play most often. Aurellia and I have a few ideas as to where we want to take this, but I wanted to gauge the amount of possible interest, as well as feel around for any further ideas you guys may have. Any feedback is welcome. :)Cannibal106 44m
1h Do good old fashioned RP guilds exist.. I've been on WrA since about...2009, 2010, around there, and when I first came here RP seemed more simple, more open. Cathedral District seemed to be buzzing, and you could find tons of guilds recruiting. Lately, I've been trying to find an Alliance guild for my Druid. She's a shy girl, normally afraid to speak her mind, and is still learning her way with Druidism with her Shan'do. And when looking at guilds I've noticed most use either a DnD system, a roll system, or some complicated, convoluted system. Do good, old fashioned RP guilds even still exist here? Where you don't have to have a resume a mile long, have to do multiple interviews, then go sign up to a website just to join? Or where your TRP has to be 100% perfect? (Had this happen a couple of times...hit me pretty hard at the time, but that was a while ago) Am I better off trying to find a new realm? Or even faction changing? (Really prefer to keep her Night Elf, and none of the Horde Races for Druids please me.. or look aesthetically pleasing to me)Lunaira10 1h
3h Your Favorite Zones (for leveling) So some people love the leveling changes (sup), and some people Don't. That's cool!! But instead of discussing the pros and cons of the new system, I'm curious to know your guys' favorite and least favorite zones to quest through, and why! The story? The atmosphere? The flow? It's been a long, long time since I've been through a lot of these zones, so I kinda get to experience them all over again and I am having a blast. Azshara is great, both the story and the layout of the zone. Ashenvale SUCKS and is bad. Don't go there!! It's just a bunch of "hey you should kill 20 of the dudes loitering in this otherwise empty meadow" quests. Definitely looking forward to Tanaris. Don't remember anything at all about the quests there, but I love desert zones! Not Silithus, though. I will be avoiding Silithus.Kazimir34 3h
4h [H-RP] <The Strawmen> “The Banshee Queen needs us, we don’t need her!” The inflammatory words rattled forth from the rotten throat of a particularly worn and beaten Forsaken. He paused, peering from beneath the brim of his tattered hat to study the reaction of the small huddle of freshly raised undead whom had (at least momentarily) wandered away from the watchful gaze of the guards stationed in Deathknell. “They ask us to call Sylvanas, ‘Queen’, but what has bowing to royalty and the old order gotten us in the past? This!” The speaker motioned to his own decayed form, then to those of the assembled. “Trusting in the wisdom of those sovereign ‘rulers’ has only brought us misery, a curse of rot and decay, and the loss of all that we cherished before! Are we simply to continue down this same path until we are laid low again? Trust in our ‘betters’ as they continue to profit from our protection? Our labor?” Another brief pause, the speaker stopping to look for any sign of comprehension from the crowd of dazed and confused risen. “I say, no more! We should forge our own destiny together! Free from the yoke of nobles and monarchs that wish only to profit from our efforts while offering little in return. Workers, ‘common folk’, craftsmen, and even the lowliest dregs are entitled to reap the benefits of that which they create for themselves and their fellows." “And so I ask you…", he motioned in the direction of one particular individual towards the front of the crowd, pointing in an almost accusatory way, "…will you join me in casting off the shackles of the so called ‘Banshee Queen’ as we once cast off those placed upon us by the Lich King?" “Will you join me in sharing our joys, fears, and futures with one another, without the thumb of some ‘Better’ pressing down upon us? I hope you will, and I hope we can forge a better future for ourselves, together.” The ragged Forsaken stepped towards the closest of the gathered, pressing a small scrap of fabric into their palm and pushing their fingers closed around it before quickly making an exit into the nearby treeline, the footsteps of approaching Deathguard getting closer by the moment. “Best not wander off!” the soldier barked as she approached the still confused newly arisen, motioning for them to follow. They shakily complied, though one lingered behind, looking over a scrap of fabric clutched in her hand. A scarecrow of deep purple thread sewn onto an ashen, dark grey field. ________________________________ <The Strawmen> is a Forsaken guild composed of the former peasants and commonfolk of Lordaeron. Now suspicious of those bearing noble and royal titles after the utter failure of the old system to protect them and properly cope with the Plague of Undeath, they seek to build their own cooperative community together, free from the Banshee Queen and her personality cult. They still work within the greater "Horde" umbrella, but as a voluntary auxiliary, seeing themselves more as a part of a cooperative of free peoples based on mutual assistance and security than part of a rigid hierarchy. Under certain circumstances, we do accept non-Forsaken members as "Field-hands". This rank usually dictates extra "muscle", affiliates, friends, suppliers,etc. of the Strawmen, though only Forsaken/Undead can climb to higher status within the guild given the guild's goals and theme. We plan to hold our own RP events, participate in the greater server community, and even raid and PvP as well (as a guild, if numbers allow). In addition to being active in game, we also have a Discord server. If interested, contact in game: *Barnabas *Versca *Bibianna ...in game if you're interested in being a prospective member or just want to learn more about the guild before making a decision. If you're having difficulty reaching me in-game, my B-tag (Tailypo#11334) is another option for getting in touch with me. Alternatively, we can also easily be reached via the Undercity United Forsaken Community Discord server. It's also just a generally good place for Forsaken RP'ers to organize: - Undercity United Discord Thread: ( https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759177745 ) - Undercity United Discord Link: https://discord.gg/jHeHc8j My personal Discord ID is: Tailypo#1286 . I'm generally available to chat on Discord more often than not, as I have it on mobile as well and am almost always logged in.Barnabas109 4h
4h Is Dwarf Roleplay still active? Hey I'm a bit of an oldie to wyrmrest and I've noticed dwarf rp and the community decaying, unfortunately. Is this true, or have I been blind? Honestly I hope I have because I've been wanting to make a dark iron guild for some time.Hortonn20 4h
4h [H] <Steamy Romance Novel> 11/11h recruiting! <Steamy Romance Novel> 3/9m 11/11h is recruiting! We are a (kinda) newly formed horde raiding guild with a very strong social atmosphere. If nobody is putting memes in the guild discord chat, there’s something wrong. SRN raids Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6:30 to 9 pm server and we are 11/11h. Currently, we are looking for a healer and RDPS for mythic. No past raid experience is necessary for heroic, you just need gear and to know when to press your glowy buttons! The trial period of raiding lasts up to two weeks and we use a loot council based system. Past raiding, we do dungeons/m+, old raids, battlegrounds and roleplaying! Being 110 is not necessary to join. We also play games outside of WoW and watch movies together via stream every Thursday and Saturday! We've compiled a video of clips from Lorisia's stream: http://tinyurl.com/srnmeme (if you were worried that this guild wasn't a giant living meme, this video proves it) If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post on this forum or contact any one of the officers listed below! [code]Caleas (Beethulhu#1379) Phresh (Phresh#1159) Adus (Adus#1118) Hyrontei/Sarysa (FilthyNwah#1235) Soggy (YungSoggy#1721) Qpog (Qpog#1820)Caleas187 4h
4h Call to Arms! The Alliance may have a lead right now, brothers, but from what I've seen that gap is in ever present danger. At least in WRA silithus horde prowl the deserts while Alliance slink away! We have to rally, warriors of the Alliance, push into Silithus, and begin claiming spice of our own! For honour, for justice, and most importantly, for a flag hanging above some ruins! (I'll be leading a group of my own guild through the event tonight. Consider this an open invitation to any Alliance interested in a good fight to join in!)Raseri22 4h
5h [H] <The Arcane Collegiate> Magical Mayhem! ... <The Arcane Collegiate> believes that the key to responsible use of all magics is through education, and that all members of the Horde should have equal access to learning resources. We’re a Heavy RP guild based around magical theory, education, and learning. We at the Collegiate believe that all magic is deserving of study and respect, and thus everything from Light to Dark is welcome within our doors. We strive to rebuild the glory of the Sin'dorei magi craft and bring betterment to the Horde through our organization without the strict rule-sets imposed by Dalaran and the Kirin Tor. OOCly, we as a guild believe that all players should have a fun, safe environment for role-playing. This means abiding by all posted rules, and considering and respecting the feelings and comfort of others when writing our stories together. We believe that all players deserve to feel welcome, and actively reach out to one another and contribute towards the fun of everyone. We aren’t just a fly-by night that gets together to RP every couple days; We are a community that builds long-term stories and long-term friendships. We’re looking for more friends for magical mayhem! Got a character or story idea that you’d like to add to our group? Talk to us! ... ICly: Your character is looking for a reliable, supportive group of scholars to teach and learn with. Your character has something meaningful to contribute to the Collegiate's success, be it through magical/physical skills or a pragmatic personality. Your character generally can put others before themselves, and willingly lend a hand. Your character seeks adventure and challenging work. Your character works well with small teams. OOCly: You enjoy actively engaging with others. You enjoy writing stories, lore theory-crafting, and being creative. You want to be a part of the story, not just following along with it. You have an open mind and respect for all people, both inside the guild and out. You have patience and understand that real life always comes before role-play. You believe that the quality of a guild is not determined by its quantity of members. Rules and Regulations No Godmoding. Being a jerk ICly is cool, being a jerk OOCly is not. Fighting stays out of cities, and out of the sanctum. Full rules: http://tac-wra.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2758363 ... Application: http://tac-wra.shivtr.com/site_applications/new Contacts: Lanthellon Annathemas Duroxas Tumblr: https://tac-wra.tumblr.com/ Website: http://tac-wra.shivtr.com/Lanthelon103 5h
6h Shadows of Lordaeron-OGs of UC. FOR THE DARK LADY With the Banshee Queen’s rise to power during her ascension to Warchief, the might of the Forsaken continues to grow for all to see. No longer the unwanted step-children of the Horde, but rather a competitive power in their own right…however this was not always the case. There was a time when the Kor’kron stalked the halls of Undercity and punished all for the actions of a few. Forsaken forces were kept on a tight leash, prevented from using powerful weapons at their disposal and forced into action as cannon fodder for conflicts such as the Gilnean Invasion. The Forsaken may have seemed to fall in line publicly, but quietly knew the ambitions of those who escaped the grasp of the Lich King could not be held in check forever. It was during this era that the unit known as the Shadows of Lordaeron was born. A versatile group of handpicked agents from all walks of Forsaken society was created with the intention of working behind the scenes, both in the field and laboratories, to accomplish a variety of exotic assignments by any means necessary. This ruthless band of deaders was often deployed on clandestine operations, willing to strip off all identifiers that marked them as Forsaken in order to provide High Command with the option to deny responsibility should they find themselves caught. A rare group motivated solely by their loyalty to the Dark Lady and dedication to the Forsaken Cause, the Shadows of Lordaeron was created to undertake assignments conventional forces could not…or simply would not. OOC: The Shadows of Lordaeron is a paramilitary guild among the Horde consisting of a purely undead roster. We are devoted Forsaken or Death Knights (of any race) who pledged their Runeblades in service to Sylvanas. While we do dabble in PVE and PVP from time to time, our main focus is Forsaken RP out and about in the vast world of Azeroth and beyond. We hold regular RP events in various locations which include patrols, briefings, combat missions, apothecary RP and more! If you'd like to follow our journey as a guild here are a few links to some of our previous threads: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/18194619285#post-1 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/16543845164#post-1 IC Premise: The Shadows of Lordaeron are the equivalent of a Forsaken Special Operations unit that has undergone many changes since its first inception. War is forever evolving and one either adapts or finds their True Death. Vanguard: The backbone of this unit for when matters require a more physical, direct approach. Led by Captain Sehoro Crestley, they are requested for a variety of assignments ranging from the security of vital Forsaken operatives in the field to deploying into the most chaotic of combat zones in desperate need of veteran reinforcements. Intelligence: While the Vanguard is called upon for a physical presence, our Intelligence Division works with much more finesse. A collection of savvy and resourceful Forsaken who are as adept at handling the collection of information on an enemy as they are at removing their leaders entirely. The Shadows Intelligence network reports directly to Executor Killingfield himself. Research and Development: Science and Knowledge shall forever be two of the Forsaken’s greatest strengths and both of these attributes are put to proper use within our Research and Development Team. Under the watchful eye of Warden Zheco Nol, this group handles controversial experiments and weapons testing in our private facility away from the prying eyes of Undercity. The Occult: During the Legion conflict it became quite obvious what advantages forbidden areas such as Fel magic and the Void could offer, along with other fringe studies that might aid the Forsaken Cause. Archon Cailias Alveras oversees such research, proving to be as dangerous as it is beneficial. With his recent recruitment of Inquisitors under his tutelage, a new era of Forsaken interrogation has begun. Recruitment: Contact myself or our officers (Sehoro, Zheco, Cailias, Vagrul or Jasreha) with any questions you might have or any of our members you see roaming about. For a bunch of grumpy undead we are are actually quite friendly OOC. VICTORY OR TRUE DEATHKillingfield12 6h
6h Bottom of the Barrel 11/11H LFM for mythic <Bottom of the Barrel> is a casual group seeking members to fill its ranks as well as its core raid group for Antorus. We raid on Tues/Thurs 7:30-10:30pm CST. ToS We have gotten ahead of the curve in every legion raid. Right now, we are looking to bolster our roster so we can begin downing some Mythic bosses, however, we will still keep the keep the same raid hours and atmosphere that we had in heroic. On Sunday evenings, we have an optional normal run for alts and legendary farm, all ilvls/classes are welcome to join for these runs. We also accept any RPers, PVPers and any other casual/new players who are seeking a community with which to socialize and have fun. These are the classes we are most looking for other classes can apply and will be considered. * **-DPS-** - Death Knight - Demon Hunter - Mage - Priest (Healing off spec would be great) - Rogue - Shaman - Warlock Other than raiding we like to play other games together, many of our members play Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. Also non-blizzard games for instance, Gigantic, Rainbowsix and Pubg. If you are interested in raiding, you can fill out an [application](https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVi6OzkY4MV1oNYOxB6D59Cx6tNNK4UwV_CVSVaxWqqKHRGw/viewform) Join and become a member of our already strong roster. If you want to join the guild to hang out you can contact one of the officers. Guild leader; Fushanpow#1736 Officers, theliarspdx#1949 NateTheGreat#1914Zuljanti20 6h
7h [A-RP] The Sha'tor ✪ Draenei Exclusive Guild ...Leader: Varistus Officers: Vivaaldi, Kasmia Founded: September 26, 2014 Location: The Exodar Faction: Alliance; draenei exclusive (will accept Lightforged!) Status: Recruiting, all classes Website: http://shatorwra.com & http://shatorwra.tumblr.com The Sha'tor is an order of draenei dedicated to the preservation of their people and culture, as well as honoring their place within the Alliance. With equal parts tenacity and hope, the Sha'tor aids in defending against the myriad threats that bombard Azeroth, while simultaneously supporting the draenei people as a whole in the quest to rebuild and thrive in the world they now call home. ...As a lore-abiding guild, we want members who are knowledgeable about Warcraft lore, especially regarding the draenei. But beyond that, a guild's heart lies in its members and their ability to be helpful, friendly, and good-natured. A willingness to engage in roleplay and other activities with fellow members is also a great thing to have; it is the driving force behind a successful, active guild, and promotes a welcoming environment. The Sha'tor offers an array of avenues for roleplay, chief among them an ongoing guild storyline that members can participate in by attending plot events. Members are also encouraged to develop their characters through guild plot progression, as well as personal storylines. Additionally, cultural and public events are held to promote inclusion of our allies. Our guild events typically start at 5pm server time. There are at least three IC events a week: a Plot event (Monday) that continues the overall storyline. A Path event (Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday depending on scheduling) that involves individual Path members only. Finally, an Induction Ceremony (Wednesday) which acts as an IC guild meeting. Sometimes, a second Path event is used in the same week, or we collaborate with ally guilds for other events. There is always something to look forward to! ...The Sha'tor is headed by the Exarch and his Triumvirate—individuals who have proven their loyalty and are diverse in both skill and demeanor. The Triumvirate act as advisors to the Exarch, and are tasked with specialized leadership, most notably the three paths of the order. Path of the Naaru — Led by Kasmia; serve as the Sha'tor's military. Path of the Prophet — Led by Varistus; healers and medics. Path of Argus — Led by Vivaaldi; scholars, scientists, artificers, and other keepers of draenei history and culture.Members will be asked to join one of these paths according to their primary interest. ...In order to join, aspiring members must fill out a simple application on our website. If accepted, applicants will be asked to undergo an in-character interview so that the Triumvirate may gauge whether they will be a good fit for the Sha'tor. Do not let inexperience—whether with draenei lore, or roleplay as a whole—deter you from applying! We are glad to help, so long as the interest and willingness to learn is there.Varistus248 7h
7h Call of the Scarab Just a quick PSA to everyone wanting to get involved. The event has already started, but you have to switch over to old silithus to participate. That's pretty lame, but oh well. The Alliance already has a pretty good lead over the Horde. Let's get out there and have some fun :DTopsail25 7h
9h [A} Buying Antorus H Kill Looking to buy an AotC run, as I work far too much to do raiding outside of LFR and Normal sometimes. Willing to pay 300k, which seems to be the current price! Sadly, I can't join Battle Hardened's runs as I will never be able to do Mondays :c SO I am extending my hand to any other guilds that do runs and hoping I can sneak one in. Gold is on Alliance side, and I want to run it on this character. Thanks again!Wolf6 9h
9h The Squeal of Defiance (Monthly World-PvP) The wizard, Hampton P., was now in full rebellion against the Alliance. His portals of pigmen were being released upon the cities of Alliance to devilish effect. The capitols of Darnassus, the Exodar, and Ironforge felt his vengence! They saw the pigmen ravage their home! They heard the snorts and squeals; the same snorts and squeals with which Hampton P. was tormented during his time as a student of Dalaran! Now they will learn! Learn that his obsession with pigmen and portals was nothing which to be trifled! THE ALLIANCE FEELS THE SQUEALS OF VENGENCE! HAMPTON PORKINS HAS RELEASED THE STORM OF PORK AND NONE ARE SAFE! (( The Dwarves, my god, the dwarves did destroy the pigmen invaders. This time. ))Valkosk15 9h
10h New blood in town LF BE Guild! Title. I also must add that you may or not have noticed that I'm not from the US. That being said, my english is fine. I can understand most words and write simple actions, but I can't express myself so eloquently. See me more like a NPC than a roleplayer, in other words. I will interact with you, but it won't be a deep conversation. Still will someone wants my character among your ranks? Thanks!Gríffith18 10h
10h [H] Verdant 9/11H LF Players <Verdant> is a heroic raiding guild looking for more dedicated players. <Verdant> Schedule: (Times listed are server time) Tuesday 6pm - 8pm Heroic Wednesday 6pm - 8pm Heroic We also clear normal weekly. Although this is not on a schedule for us. We want players who are dedicated to raiding. This means you'll log on for raid nights, and try to gear up outside of raid as well to help down bosses. Loot System: <Verdant> uses loot council for our raids. The process is simple: Raider sees loot window pop up. Raider writes note to loot council in the note window about why they deserve that piece of loot. Raider selects either need, greed, minor upgrade, or you can pass. The members of the council include several officers and our GM, where they will decide via a voting process who gets the loot based on the notes and who they deserve gets it. Requirements The only things we'll ever want from you: Discord (Microphone optional, but we'd love to hear your voice). Ideally 100% attendance, but we understand if something comes up. - As a part of this you should also be able to log on by raid time (6pm server). You complete at least one +15 Mythic keystone a week. - We do weekly runs, so if we find you online, we're taking you with us. Have thick skin. - By this we mean don't take our jokes too seriously. Some of us have dark humor. If you can be better than we are, by all means go for it. Prepots and buff food. - We provide flasks to our members, and I provide a codex/tome when members want to change talents. You are already ~945 ilvl and have 75 traits in your artifact weapon Preferred Roles: (ordered by preference) Tanks Guardian Druid Vengeance Demon Hunter All other tanksDPS Frost or Unholy Death Knight Havoc Demon Hunter All other DPSHealers Not recruiting healers as of this moment Contact Info: If you want to apply, contact any of the people below to begin the process! Our Guild Master: McCelery#1917 The main tank/head officer: GingerYeezus#1391Vaelrith0 10h
11h Panda festival ? Hello everyone *waves out at the crowd* I have been hanging out with the dwarves of "the mead hall" (shoutout!! hehe) and love every second of it. it s great to see tavern rp with all one race. and I know stormwind is a another great place for tavern rp as well. BUT! where area all the panda's at? would be cool if we as pandarin put together an event. I was thinking the drunken hozen , dawns blossom in jade forest. Its a neutral city and easy to get to for low level players (well sort of as long at your level 80+) maybe a lock to help port people there would be good. but any case that's my idea let me know if there is already something like this. and I don't mean " there use to be" that's not what I'm asking lol. is there events with just pandas outside the big panda guilds? or are they in guild only?Pingbrewstep16 11h
11h LF RP Guild with Late Nighters Morning everyone. This is probably going to be an unnecessarily long post, but I never was good at cutting things short. Anywho, I came back to WoW after 7 yrs. Started up in November, and I have been running solo on my RP so far. I've made a couple of RP friends; however, my online hours are usually late nights and/or early mornings with the occasional login during the day. Due to this, many of those friends can rarely RP with me. I'm really hoping to find a group of RPers that are up during these hours. (I'm usually on anywhere between 10 p.m. - 7 a.m. server) I'm also interested in trying some sort of storyline rp or at least establishing a decent amount of connections to have a community of RPers I communicate with regularly. I've got a few ideas regarding adventure quests, but don't really have the people I need to try the event out. I'm really looking for more rp events that have me going out into the world. (My character currently works as a courier for magisters, but also focuses on selling enchantments.) I happen to be running my own late night event group: Night Owls of WoW via discord/tumblr/rpfind.me so I'd need the gm to be chill with that. So far it's just me running Valentine/Lunar New Year events that occur outside the times most people see events pop up on WrA. I like to roleplay several times a week, probably everyday if the opportunities were there. I do talk OOC a decent amount, usually in whisper windows as not to disrupt open world RP, unless of course I need to notify multiple ppl of something. I don't really rp outside of WoW. I haven't tried RPing in discord, not completely against trying it, just personally don't find it appealing. I'd consider myself a fairly serious rper, but I'm always up for some good jokes/humor. I tend to move back and forth between small lines and a paragraph. It just depends on my creative mojo. Sometimes, it just runs on empty. Anyways, based on my character, joining a guild that focuses on the arcane arts or trade is ideal for her. But at this point, I don't think I have many options so I'm trying to be more open about other guilds that might be willing to take me in. Here is a link to my character's profile just in case: https://rpfind.me/user/Talynnda If you read this far, thanks so much. :) Here's a cookie.Talynnda4 11h
11h [A]<Iconoclast> 2/11M, 2-day raiding <Iconoclast> on Wyrmrest Accord (Alliance) is a two day, semi-hardcore raiding guild currently seeking a few more dedicated raiders for our Mythic and Heroic Antorus progression! We're looking for committed, like-minded individuals who can perform at a high level while maintaining a fun yet serious attitude. We merely ask you bring a can-do perspective and be willing to learn and grow with us, while being open to constructive criticism. We aim to make a raid environment that is fun, friendly, and progressive. We are also RP and PvP friendly, however, our main focus is raid progression. Even if you aren't looking to get into raiding, but still want a friendly group of players to hang out with, Iconoclast has a spot for you. We form leveling groups, dungeon groups, and even do things outside of the game such as Ark, Overwatch and FF14 nights. We constantly run mythic+ and are more than willing to help new players. Raid Times: Mythic Team: Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:45-11pm server (PST) Heroic Team: Wednesday and Thursday from 8-11pm sever (PST) Expectations: Mythic Progression - Discord - Positive Attitude - Consistent Performance - Exceptional knowledge of your class - Patience - Able to take constructive criticism - High attendance - Flexibility - Ready 15 minutes before raid time Heroic Progression - Discord - Positive Attitude - Patience - Able to take constructive criticism - Ready 15 minutes before raid time Progression: 7/7 M EN 1/3 M ToV 6/10 M NH 6/9 M ToS 2/11 M Antorus Our Mythic Antorus team is currently recruiting! We're looking for the following to trial with us: Tanks: Not recruiting Healers: Not recruiting Ranged DPS: Boomkin, Hunter, Mage Melee DPS: Any -940+ ilvl preferred -Concordance level 75 preferred Questions can be directed to Gennon and Bellãmorte in game and by Battle Tag: Gennonator#1586, Whittastic#1350 Our Heroic Antorus team is also currently recruiting! Tanks: Not recruiting Healers: Holy Priest, Monk, Pali Ranged DPS: Mage, Hunter Melee DPS: Not recruiting -925+ ilvl preferred -Concordance level 72 preferred Questions can be directed to Záles/Zalento or Tequilaslamr in game and by Battle Tag: ZalenGaleth#1830, DmRage#1945 All applications can be sent to: https://discord.gg/cMfjm7v We look forward to hearing from you!Shirley46 11h
12h [A]<Battle Hardened> Antorus Sales Hello my lovely Wyrmrest Accordians! As some of you may remember from WoD, Battle Hardened spent quite a few months providing carries to our realm buddies so that everyone could have a sparkle moose of their very own. It felt great to be able to give back to the community that we're a part of, and we'd like to be able to do that again now that there's a sparkle bird to collect! ...Mythrenathen9 12h
12h [A] 2/11M <Battle Hardened> LF HEALS! <Battle Hardened> is a casual raiding guild with two raid teams and enough perseverance (or self hatred) to raid up to the very last week of each tier. Established in WoD as a PVE guild, we’ve gone through many different difficulties of content together, and yet still enjoy hanging out outside raid time. On any given night you’ll find our members running m+ or pugging content for fun, or just simply hanging out in discord. We’re looking for like-minded people who want to down progression bosses but still enjoy their time doing so. Our raiders thrive in a friendly raid environment, with the expectations that each of our raiders will pull their weight and know their class/mechanics without the extra necessity of negative criticism. ... Mythic Team Progression 2/11M Antorus 5/9M Tomb of Sargeras 5/10M Nighthold 2/3M Trial of Valor 7/7M Emerald Nightmare Requirements Discord (with working mic) 75%+ mandatory attendance on raid nights Ability to log on by 5:50pm on raid nights Personal Prepots (flasks/feasts provided) Ability to receive constructive criticism Weekly m+15 completed Hatred of puns and terrible jokes Loot <Battle Hardened> uses loot council for our mythic raids. The LC is comprised of the officers/veterans. Raiders interested in rolling on a piece of loot will put a number in raid chat after the piece is linked. Loot will then be handed out based on a vote from each of the officers/veterans. ... How to Apply/Trial Fill out the application at battlehardened.shivtr.com. If everything looks good on the application, we’ll contact you to set up a raid trial. Raid trials take anywhere from 2-4 weeks while we watch your performance, attitude, and how well you mesh with our raid environment. During that time you’ll be able to hang out in discord and run m+/pugs with us get to know our members. If you don’t quite meet the gear/skill/experience requirements, you’ll be eligible to retrial for our raid team(s) after a two week period, or just chill in the guild as a social member until you want to try again for a permanent raid spot. Contact Information If you have additional questions/comments, feel free to talk to any of our officers/veterans. Guild Master - Mythrenathen (valannia#1629) Officers - Medyr, Charnoble Veterans - Réstless, Brunchables, KeldionMythrenathen24 12h
12h [H] Night Owls of WoW - Fool for Love Event Hey everybody. Ol' Fizz here. I've recently decided to try my hand at promoting some late night events for any RPers on during non-peak hours. If you're looking to find more RP opportunities that fit your schedule or have ideas for evening/early morning events, we've got a newly created discord along with a tumblr and rpfind.me group. Please feel free to check them out and see what we've got so far. https://discord.gg/w53FGsc https://nightowlsofwow.tumblr.com/ https://rpfind.me/groups/209 Now on to the good stuff! Night Owls of WoW will be hosting its first event: Fool for Love Original Flyer: https://postimg.org/image/cyj8kz9k9/ It's that time of year again to dust off the fancy clothes and spread those gorgeous feathers. Bring your charm and your picnic baskets to Night Owls of WoW's first event of the year! If you have any questions, please leave a comment or contact us via our discord server. The When: Sunday, February 11 @ 12:30 a.m. - 3:30 a.m. server The Where: Eversong Woods - Coastline Northeast of Duskwither Spire The What: This will be a Speed Picnic Dating event open to everyone! *Depending on how many people show up, some rotations may require 3 or more people. *This is a LGBTQ+ friendly event. Please wear a bouquet of wildflowers (herbalism vendors), and we will do our best to accommodate you.Fizzxink0 12h
14h (A-RP) <Light From Darkness> <On the wall of the local tavern/inn, you see a board where other adventurers place their requests for help and their attempts to look for groups. A small piece that seems new catches your eye, written in elegant script> To our fellow adventurers, we are in need of your aid. We are seeking those of hardy nature and fine of skill to join our task force in the defense of Azeroth and her people. You need only to bring your will to endure and a true sense of purpose; we ask only that you give what you can to bring Light from Darkness. Should you find yourself with even a spark of interest, please contact us at once; we will be happy to meet you. <At the bottom of the page are the names of several people, presumably those who are available to contact. Beside them is the design of a flickering candle glowing brightly.> Greetings! We are <Light from Darkness> a new, full immersion RP guild seeking more people who want to enjoy the game and be a part of an active and well oiled community. Our focus is on RP with a side of Mythic +. We are not a military guild, a mercenary force, and are not looking to involve ourselves in factions conflict. We are a group of individuals each with our own goals, we join together to create something greater than ourselves to accomplish task which one can not handle alone. We are not driven by a single story but the struggles and triumphs that we share and those we brave alone and boast about. We are adventures, scholars, assassins, trackers, and hunters; we are brothers and sister, mothers and fathers, from those that seek something greater than themselves to those that seek only the coin for the next mead, nothing more, and if you have a story to tell then we may be right for you. We are willing to aid those that are in need of training, so that you can be the best you can in all forms, and ready for the adventures ahead. Membership will be limited to a handful of people so that we can create a active community of close knit people that understand and are willing to help each other. We are currently looking to boost the ranks of our group and are accepting all for applications, once a application is submitted an in game interview will be required. Applications will be accepted here: http://lfd.gamerlaunch.com/recruiting/create_apply.php?gid=560701 If your understanding of the lore of the game is limited we are willing to help you build your characters story and we openly accept those new to role-playing.Areaï5 14h
14h (H) The Stonehammer Clan- RP Guild The Stonehammer Clan is a Horde RP guild with a welcoming community of close friends and helpful players dedicated to the craft of rping and story writing as well as growing a strong community. Both within the guild, but also within the server as a whole. We celebrated our 4th year of good rp fun this summer! The Stonehammers were once founded in the Barrens when the shu’halo and the orcs were first coming together as friends and has since grown and flourished to include a broad community of allies and friends throughout the Horde in recognition of the diverse cultures it represents. Keeping their heritage as a Clan and a family, but recognizing that the Horde is a whole, not just a part, and this is what makes it strong. It is the duty of all the Horde to protect its lands and people, not just a few. Following the ideals of Honor, Respect, and Skill, the Clan dedicates its life to the protection of the Barrens and those who call the land home. Using their small but specialized characters we fulfill those ideals. Weekly events and lots of rp to go around we utilize a structure that provides deep character development and stories for everyone in the guild. A balanced feel of Tribal and traditional ideals and ceremony with the harsh military life that calls to most living on Azeroth there is something for most any character to get involved with including customized events for each character. “Stone Endures!” Our monthly server wide event known as the Gund'harg is a testament to our goals of bringing the serer together and building a strong, enriching, rp experience! Details for which can be seen here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752589879?page=1 Guild Webpage: http://thestonehammerclan.enjin.com/home My Battle tag is GhostDragon#120840 if you have any questions you don't want to put below or just want to get together on events!Kusnel25 14h
14h Y'all are nerds. Yeah, I said it.Carolynee25 14h
14h One of two things... Today, one of two things will happen. I will get my mage tower appearance. Or I will go totally nanners.Zenrao30 14h
16h Blood Elf RP is ''intimidating'' I recently started a new Horde character, a Blood Elf Hunter, that I plan on leveling through the zone scaling changes and roleplaying as a cliché Ranger/Farstrider. I've been enjoying myself quite a bit (I reached level 20 last night). However, I walked into Silvermoon to grab some things and drop off some stuff at the auction house, and I was stopped in my tracks. So many lords, so many ladies, so many I don't know what to call thems. And it was intimidating. I feel as if Silvermoon City has become its own little world that sort of sits apart from the rest of Azeroth, and I don't know how I feel about it. Is it worth seeing it through? How is the Blood Elf RP truly? I know about the memes and whatnot about Blood Elf RP, and Silvermoon seems to mirror those memes, but is that truly what I can expect to see as I dive into BElf roleplay? Yes or no to sticking with Blood Elf?Gerrion319 16h
16h [H-RP] Jan. 20th: Legion Victory Party! What: Legion Campaign Victory Party Where: Filthy Animal Tavern, Dalaran (Old Dal, to avoid phasing issues...) When: January 20th 2018, 6PM server-time. EVENT UPDATE: There will be free drinks (tips not included) payed for by The Sunreavers, with service provided by Haunzel and his wonderful <Bartenders Association>! (Raid group will be formed in the likely event of sharding) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QFbY-VDqaU1CGvBBU44cBogFEqkekwbo/view?usp=sharing On January 16th, the fourth and final wing of Antorus will be open in LFR. Canononicaly, this will be the official end of the battle, as evidenced by Blizzard's actions on the week of LFR Wing 4 for the ToS (Argus having appeared in the sky for everyone on that week). The battle being over, troops will begin to head back to Azeroth, their fighting over (for the time being). Many troops will be arriving via Dalaran, following the Kirin Tor home, before heading off to their respective homelands. Many back home will not understand the horrors we have witnessed. Only those who were there and fought alongside each other will understand. A celebration is in order for all those who fought, before they return home. Thus, on Saturday, January 20th 2018, starting at 6pm and lasting for as long as their are people celebrating, there will be a victory celebration at the Filthy Animal tavern for all those of the Horde. Should anyone want to host an activity or give away prizes, that would be great! While I have created this event, I do not assume to be the host. Simply someone who wants to partake in a celebration of the end of the campaign.Axiann24 16h
17h The Mead Hall Master Post It is with great pride that I present to you all The Mead Hall master post! It has been deserved for a long time, and now the Mead Hall has its own place here on the forums. Feel free to ask any questions here on the forums or reach out to us in-game. What is The Mead Hall? The Mead Hall is a large, active RP community here on Wyrmrest Accord that regularly conducts roleplay influenced by the regional area of Khaz Modan and its denizens, primarily the dwarves. The Mead Hall consists of several guilds and individuals that all work with one another to create a positive roleplay experience for all of its members. It has accumulated a rich history over the years of its existence and that history has grown with every passing week. The Mead Hall primarily focuses on RP, but PvE, PvP, and RPvP are also things we absolutely love to devote our time to. The majority of our activities begin at 6PM server time. The Guilds of The Mead Hall The importance of the Mead Hall supersedes that of any guild within it. Regardless of what guild one is in, members receive invites to nearly all Mead Hall events. Communication between the guilds is the cornerstone of the community. Players are free to find the guild that suits them the best without having to worry about missing out on major story elements. There are many guilds in the Mead Hall and I could not possibly do them all justice here on one post, but representatives from these guilds are fairly easy to reach for those with questions. Do note that a portion of these guilds will have limitations on what races they accept. What Makes The Mead Hall Great A variety of guilds, each with their own niches. A dedicated group of admins. A friendly and useful discord with active text channels and voice channels. Story consistency. Frequent social and event driven RP. A large number of active players with varying degrees of RP experience. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS!!!!!!!!!!! The best emojis How to find The Mead Hall It’s as simple as /join themeadhall to join our in-game chat channel. Just introduce yourself and you won’t have to wait long. You can also attend one of our weekly pub nights: Modarin’s The Cask ‘n’ Anvil (By IF Gryphon Roost) at 6PM server every Friday and Bathildis’ The Steel Pub (Anvilmar) every Sunday at 6PM server. After doing so, just reach out to someone for the discord info and you’ll begin your adventure!Thelgref43 17h
17h [A-RP Group] Wolf Cult: the Awakening ... There exists, in the shadows, a secret society of lupine wildlings and their loyalists. Calling themselves “The Wolf Cult”, these Worgen packs make up the legacy of Alpha Prime, the first worgen. Some stalk the forests of shadow, while others walk among you as wolves in sheep's clothing. Proud of the bestial blood in their veins, and unwilling to return to the pollution of civility, they of the Wolf Cult fight to defend their territory, to protect their own, and to ensure the survival - and continuance - of their race. Now, some among them emerge from the shadows, in search of kindred spirits. Winter is here. The wolves howl. And soon... soon comes the spring of our new awakening. ... The Lore “The Wolf Cult” is a secret society buried deep within the darkest corners of Worgen lore. A chaotic-neutral faction with their own agenda, the various branches are known for their positive stance towards the curse they call a blessing. While the Wolf Cult is mentioned in-game in places like Duskwood and the Grizzly hills, the most notable of sources come from the Blizzard World of Warcraft comics "Curse of the Worgen" and its prequel, "Dark Riders". In "Curse of the Worgen", we are shown how the Wolf Cult operates in Human affairs, gaining allies and aspirants alike. In Dark Riders, we are introduced to the Wolf Cult as a tribal culture, as Worgen living within Duskwood's shadowy embrace. The RP Group My friends and I in <The Wolfheart Coven> have, over the course of a year, fully explored this topic and have worked to make it into a Worgen-focused roleplay group to bring this secret wild society to life like never before. The community features frequent events, such as a weekly optional campaign night, lore night, class RP events, and casual meets both in the city and in the wild. We communicate heavily through our Discord server, which has a variety of roleplay, fun, and discussion channels, as well as through our in-game chat channel "/join Wolfcult" and on our website the thewolfheartcoven.guildlaunch.com. Looking for other wild Worgen to run with, but wish to stay in another guild or stay guidless for one reason or another? Want to run and hunt on all fours like Genn Greymane or Ivar Bloodfang, but don’t want to hassle with finding a guild that fits your character? Interested in having your character in a pack from lore like Nightbane, Bloodfang, Terrowulf, or Bloodmoon, but having trouble finding and connecting with other roleplayers from those packs? Then the Wolf Cult RP community is for you! Contained within these pages is all you need to know about the canon (and fanon) the group uses, how the group operates, and how you can get involved. Links Art and Logos: www.imgur.com/sdlkfjsdf Discord Server: https://discordapp.com/invite/6pH8eKX Website: http://thewolfheartcoven.guildlaunch.com/sections/wolfcult (Still posting info below. Please do not comment quite yet)Raedolf16 17h
17h [H-RP] <The Hallowed Hunt> - Recruiting! ... About The Hallowed Hunt There are many dark and terrible creatures within the world of Azeroth. Strange, dangerous, and horrifying. From the twisted specters of the angry dead to the unnatural monsters hiding in the shadows, the lands are plagued by what lurks just out of sight. These threats are what come naturally to The Hallowed Hunt. Composed of a group of experienced warriors, spell-slingers, and brave adventurers, the group proves tenacious in areas others may crumble. Lifting curses, slaying beasts and defeating unruly spirits; their work has become renowned among civilians and highly sought after. Acknowledged as a valued service by the Horde, The Hallowed Hunt is tasked with investigating the far more unnatural plights of their people; hunting, capturing, or neutralizing what goes bump in the night. ... Join the Hunt The Hallowed Hunt is often seeking new members as the work is as perilous as it is thrilling. The process of joining up with the hunt is a simple out-of-character and in-character interview. Below is our application and what you can expect from the process! [You do not need an account to apply. Email can be used.] ... OOC: Covered by our application, the out-of-character interview is just a short series of questions about yourself and your character. We use it to determine if you and your character are fitting for the guild theme and the people within it. Replies to applications can be expected within a day or so if accepted. IC: A roleplay meeting with Nafani (or a Watcher), a process in which your character will be spoken to about their talents and interests to determine how useful they would be to the Hunt. This will be when your rp style, profile, and lore will be looked at. Have no fear though, as the guild is very friendly to a new and learning roleplayer! Note: If we are unable to make contact with you in-game after a week of your application, your name will be marked off of our contact list and you will need to apply again or reach out to the GM.Nafani37 17h
18h New2Server LF> RP Guild Pretty new to RP and all that, looking for an active Horde/Tauren themed guild to stay in. Migrated from OCE looking for a fresh start. Add me DestinyOpfa#6596 CheersGrazingpaws2 18h
18h [A-EVENT] Darny Winter Market Aftermath After holding our event, I wanted to see if you had any stories to share about your experience at the Darnassus Winter Market, good or bad, and any suggestions on improving for the spring (assuming one of our barbecues doesn't burn the tree down before then). I also wanted to thank every stall owner who took the time to make the market what it is. I wish I could have visited each stall, but hosting is a full time gig.Elliistra8 18h
18h Church of Celestial Light letters? Out of curiosity, has anyone been getting in-game mail inviting their characters to join a Church of Celestial Light? At first I thought it was just some clever lead up to an RP thing for the next xpac, but the letters have kept coming and getting more ominous. The first one had a Marvelous Madstone of Immortality enclosed, and the others have had a crystal phial, a Starflower, a Void Sands and an Arakkoa Cipher attached—the letter the last one came with is in some kind of code or in-game language I haven’t been able to decipher yet. The weirder thing is I haven’t been able to find any player or guild information on the sender, Aeyadra. I guess maybe they’re an NPC, but so far I’ve only heard of a couple other people getting these letters. Who are you, Aeyadra? Just what is going on with your spoopy Church of Celestial Light? The mystery is driving me mad!Ilyssae80 18h
19h <Life> Selling Heroic Argus on Horde! Hey there! My guild will be doing Heroic Argus runs for gold every Friday at 6pm server time. We'll also have a few open slots on Tuesday around the same time as well. The price will be only 300k and we require nothing from you but to show up. ^^ You'll receive: - Violet Spellwing Mount - Ahead of the Curve Achievement - Chance at loot from Argus (Personal loot) - Chance at a Pantheon trinket We'll most likely continue this every Friday, so if you aren't able to make it this week, contact us for next week! You can reach out to me at any point! Myst#1683 or feel free to send me a whisper in-game.Infimyst41 19h
20h <The Sunreavers> are looking for officers <The Sunreavers> are looking for a few good officers to help plan and lead role-playing events in concordance with the guild arcing storyline. Potential candidates should consult the Guild Website and familiarize themselves with the guild’s vision and lore before moving forward with the application process: sunreaversguild.shivtr.com The Sunreavers The Sunreavers are a roleplaying guild on Wyrmrest Accord. We were founded over two and a half years ago and have continually strived to evolve to meet member’s expectations, while always staying true to the lore. We strive to create a fun and safe space, and have strict rules when it comes to guild chat language and content. Bullying, harassing and any other negative behaviors are prohibited. So are God-modding and Meta-gaming. Currently, in-character, the Sunreavers are based in Dalaran (Broken Isles), yet have been playing an important part in the Legion conflict. Their readmission into the Kirin Tor city was quick, and there was not much time for discussion or debate. Just where the Sunreavers will stand with the Kirin Tor after this campaign ends is still a mystery. Characters Characters that are generally accepted into the guild are on the lawful-good side of classes: Mages, Priests, Paladins (former Blood Knights), Warriors, Monks and Hunters/Rangers. They must be sin’dorei and believe in the vision of Aethas Sunreaver and the Kirin Tor. At this time, we do not accept Demon Hunters, Warlocks, or any non blood elves. Officers Officers are expected to carry out leadership duties both in-character and out-of-character. OOC, they will help maintain the guild by moderating guild chat, answering questions and managing the guild calendar. IC, they will be leading others. They will sometimes act as quest-givers, and often accompany a group of role-players when appropriate. Officers would ideally be a Mage, but could potentially be a Warrior, Paladin or Priest. PLEASE NOTE: Officers’ in-character rank will be Commander or High Mage. Officers will NOT be allowed to use Archmage or Magister as their in-character rank. Application Process The process to apply to be an officer will have two steps. The first will be to fill out the application provide at the following link (https://goo.gl/forms/wKZ0BXixNrCwNr3v1) . If the guild leaders see potential in the candidate, they will be contacted by email (or in-game) to set up an interview time. All new officer positions are trials. A certain probationary period will be required to see if the new officer works well within the vision and mission of the guild. For questions, please email sunreaversguild@gmail.com Thank you for your interest. Glory to the Sin’dorei.Axiann6 20h
20h [A] <Symphony of Blades> Recruiting Raiders Howdy folks! <Symphony of Blades> is recruiting for its weeknight raid squad. We run Tues, Thurs and Fridays from 8:30PM until midnight, Eastern. This team has set its sights on Mythic raiding. No prior Mythic raiding experience is required; we're looking for more folks who are ready to step their raiding games up to the next level. If you, like us, are willing to put forth the effort to learn how to raid at this level, please visit our website at https://sob-wow.enjin.com to apply, or contact the following officers for more information: - Archellion#1220 (GM) - Druak#11805 (Team Black Raid Leader) - Shae#1992 (Officer Extraordinaire!) Thanks for reading! =)Nyxaer6 20h
20h Headcanon - Elodor for Rebuilt Azure Watch Hey there everyone! We have been muddling around with this idea and finally decided to bring it to the public's attention in case anyone would like to latch onto the idea. <The Shator>, <Order of the Shanai>, <Gaze of the Auchenai>, and Moonguard's <Te'Amun> are participating in a cross-guild headcanon that Azure Watch has been rebuilt, and will use Elodor as a placeholder for this. I think most draenei (and other roleplayers in general) would agree that at this point in the draenei's stay on Azeroth, they would have attempted to rebuild their lives to some degree instead of living in broken pieces of the Exodar that Azure Watch is still represented as in-game today. Furthermore, the Exodar is... not a fun place to roleplay, as spots are few and far between and again, it's still broken and damaged. It makes immersion a little difficult at times to imagine that the draenei would continue to simply live in conditions like that instead of rebuild. SO! In comes the headcanon that Azure Watch has been rebuilt into a functioning town full of life, shops, guards and roleplay. I want to make clear though - we are by no means forcing this headcanon on the server, and if you would prefer to continue to roleplay in Azure Watch as it is represented no one in any of the guilds listed above will chastise you for it. Furthermore, if you would like to roleplay in Elodor as Elodor and you run into anyone of us using this headcanon, please just whisper them and I'm sure you can work out areas where you are not disrupting one another - the city is quite large! If you would like to participate in this headcanon as well, you are more than welcome to do so! We would love to see this catch on, as Shadowmoon Valley has some great aesthetics that go to waste being in an alternate reality, and I would really like to utilize them. Thanks for your time, and happy roleplaying.Varistus14 20h
20h <Tidefang Tribe> is recruiting! [H-RP] ((Note! Any and all input and feedback is appreciated! )) About(IC): The Tidefang Tribe are a largely nomadic group that finds it’s roots in a time before Thrall’s Horde, when they were a force of coastal raiders and hunters that were themselves a subtribe of the Darkspear. When Thrall came, the then-chieftain felt ill omens surrounding the strange greenskins, and while paying lip service to Vol’jin, also took the tribe deep into hiding at the first opportunity. This eventually proved to be a mistake, as their semi-neutrality kept them safe from the ever present race war between Horde and Alliance, but ultimately lead to their extermination when the Legion launched a full scale invasion over the entire surface of Azeroth. It was several months before Zuja’ghou, eldest son of the previous Chieftain and forced conscript of the Horde, was eventually notified of his people’s annihilation and allowed to leave active service to return home… To what was left of it. Now the tribe is rebuilding, reforming and affirming itself, gathered from the scattered blood of refugees and castoffs. The Tide Shall Rise, is their personal mantra, and the call which drives them into the future with bold hearts and high hopes. ((Note, splintered off from the Darkspear shortly after arriving on Kalimdor, being sent out to act as long-range foragers/hunters for the parent-tribe. Interacted heavily with the Sandfury.)) About(OOC): The Tidefang is a troll focused, but certainly not troll exclusive RP guild seeking to explore and enjoy all aspects of troll culture and lore, including the darker elements. While all races are welcome within our ranks, trolls will tend to get preference for promotion and the like, though efforts will be made to ensure everyone feels included. Headquarters: Until further notice, the Tidefang are congregating within the Valley of Spirits of Orgrimmar. This will be changing after the Holiday Season. ~~~ Main Loa: The tribe honors and celebrates many Loa, but these are their prime three. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Loa *Mueh’zala: Loa of undeath, the veil, and night. (Possibly to be changed) Heth’iss: Loa of snakes, venom, and cunning. Mahamba: Loa of Water, healing, crocs. Relic of the Past: The tribe’s claim to fame was the fabled Tidefang, a scythe said to be forged from two of their central Loa, Mahamba and Heth’iss, granting its wielder formidable control over the sea, and bringing to bare potent poisoning and healing powers. This artifact was lost, however, when the original tribe was nearly wiped out by the Legion in the opening days of their initial invasion(Legion Prelaunch). ((Open to transmog suggestions, preferably a staff and polearm that are identical))Zujaghou10 20h
21h [A-RP] Ironforge Winter Craft Fest 01/20/18 Greetings WRA! The seasonal Ironforge Craft Fest is back once again, and looking for vendors! Last time we filled the entire Great Forge! Let's do it again!!! What: The Dwarven clans of Khaz Modan, as well as other brothers and sisters of the Alliance, wish to host a crafter's festival to honor centuries of fine craftsmanship! This will be the Winter installment of this seasonal event! Not a Dwarf? No problem! When: We plan to host the event from 6pm to 9pm server time, January 20th. Opening ceremonies will take place outside the "Cask and Anvil" next to the flight path at 6pm. Where: The Great Forge of Ironforge, of course! Contacts: You can message Bathildis, Davonna, or Modarin in game at any point or send your request via in-game mail! We can also get you in our Discord channel! What you can do: As a visitor, you are welcome to roam around the festival grounds, enjoy the night atmosphere and some good casual RP! Come by and shop around, purchase fine goods from craftsmen and women around the forge. Enjoy great music, drink, and food! Even register to participate in any sub-events we may have (like a dueling tournament). As a vendor, you can register for a booth to show and sell your wares! We like to spread everyone out along the outer ring of the Great Forge, allowing tons of space for different players to form small gatherings. Blacksmiths, engineers, scribes, even chemists and cooks are welcome! If you can craft something, wish to take on an apprentice, or teach your trade, you can register. Don't worry, there are no fees or anything! We just want to keep track of how many people want to fill this position. Please get your booth approved beforehand! As an entertainer, you can claim a spot to put on your act. Whether you are a bard, have an show, or wish to provide games for others to play, you're welcome to fill this role! We usually have a bard wandering around the festival playing actual music using the addon GHI, so this is really just limited to creativity. We definitely plan to spread you guys out so that you're not being overwhelmed by RP chatter, so it's very important that we get you set-up in a spot early! If you don't want to do any of these things, but wish to be a part of the festival, you are welcome to volunteer to help out where/when it is needed. If you wish to get involved in organizing the event, please contact Bathildis in game! I look forward hearing from you! PS: If you use the addons GHI or TRP3 Extended, you'll also be in good company at this event. We'll have special wares available (I have a full bar, as well as a limited edition Festival Brew), as well as at least one bard playing live music throughout part of the event. PPS: I'll keep this post edited as events unfold! Currently: Vendors: Modarin of the "Cask and Anvil" will be providing you with the finest Dwarven dining under the mountain! Bathildis of "The Steel Pub" will be supplying some of the finest brews in Khaz Modan! Davonna will be assisting fest-goers at the "Cask and Anvil" pub! Burly Darkdraft will be supplying his unique Darkdraft Mineral Brews! Raam and Arïne will be providing fine flasks and potions from the Cloudy Flask Shoppe! Wupoda of Kegfist Brewery will be serving exotic dishes from his noodle cart! Angellika will be providing baked goods and other treats! Tyrman's Tinker Toys will be providing authentic Gnomish made toys and fireworks! Fluxsprocket will be tailoring custom-fit shirts! Eliantha will be providing fine perfumes and cologne! Quartzbraid will be providing his fine wares (To be determined next update). Lilyannabell will be returning with her amazing pet shop, giving out battle pets to winners of various mini-games! Rufaic of Snowsteel Smithing, and Ironstein of Ironstein's Ironworks will be providing their finely crafted wares. Halflan of Picks and Pints will be selling exotic minerals, and minor archaeological oddities. Furgas Steelgrasp himself will be providing his masterwork metal wares! Entertainers: Bigeasy will be roaming the festival grounds, providing folk with festive music! Theodorrah will be returning with her one-card draw fortune telling! Dreyfus Xano and his Xanoic Brotherhood will be returning once again to put on their act and close out the Fest! Though it's not Winter's Veil anymore, Greatfather Winter will be back in Ironforge for the night! Volunteers: Virtued and the Advent will be around to provide volunteer assistance! More info here: http://ironforgecraftfest.tumblr.com/Bathildis30 21h