Wyrmrest Accord

Nov 22, 2010 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft Realm Discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss happenings on your realm with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Bashiok0 Nov 22, 2010
Jun 1 Master Post - Racial Lore Guides: Horde (Pasting this from the old forums, Thanks to Danikah and Kalanii and Quill for these and their preservation.) Quill’s Advice to Blood Elves/Those Who Hate Them Original Post (Repost by Kalanii): Your eyes are green. The only blue permitted is the frosty blue of a DK. There are no exceptions. The Sunwell reigniting did not make your eyes change color; fel taint is permanent. Orcs haven't gone back to brown skin. You are not a High Elf. You are not a Half-Elf. High elves and half-elves are Alliance-based. The high elves have thrown in their lot with the Alliance, and the half-elves are half-human, and thus attached to the Alliance. If you are one of these two things and you are playing in the Horde, disguise it. If you are open about this, you will be exiled or, more likely, executed. Play it smart if you must play it at all. You do not hold titles equal to major NPCs. You are not a Grand Magister, a Ranger-General, or a Blood Knight Matriarch. You are not an exception to this rule. Those people are the top of the chain of their respective organizations; you are not their equal. My advice? Be just a magister, a blood knight, or a ranger. Don't define yourself by your title. You can gain respect without a high rank. Blood elves play a subtle game with their politics and power struggles. Most of the power struggles seen in Silvermoon from RPers are duels or RP fights; this would not be tolerated by the guard unless it was taken outside, but moreover, this is not terribly characteristic of the culture. They are crafty people who prefer techniques like blackmail and playing the long game, which comes of their relatively long lives. Stop drawing your weapons and blasting people with your spells and start learning how to wound with words. Be patient. Be clever. Cleverness isn't something you can fake, mind, so if being subtle and working intrigue isn't something you feel up to doing, get out of the Silvermoon scene or don't try to play the sort of bloodelf who is into power struggles. A blunt bloodelf would not get very far in their culture. Openly talking about throwing down the government or otherwise defying the laws of decency would not happen without consequences. This is more of a general rule for RP, but it happens a lot in Silvermoon so I'm putting it here. You need to acknowledge your environment. Just because the guards won't actually react in game doesn't mean they wouldn't react in lore. We're here to play in the Warcraft world, and that includes using your imagination as to what would happen if you took such actions. Understand that the guards would be after you for stabbing someone if you did it on the street or in an establishment, and that even if you "evaded" them, there would be a warrant for your arrest. Allarya113 Jun 1
Aug 24 Roleplaying 101: A crash course on Characters <insert exodar crash joke here> - Table of Contents (You're reading this, right now.) =========================================================== - Introduction - What this aims to accomplish, and for who - What is "Great Roleplay" and a "Great Roleplayer"? - Lore Accuracy - Start from the beginning, and finish at the end. - Goals: What do I want? - Step One: So many choices, what to go for first? - A shattered mirror: all the pieces of the character that make a whole - What's my Story? - Who do I know? - What do I do? - What -am- I? - Step Two: Socialites and Interacting with the Public - Racial Backgrounds and Stereotypes - Social Mores and Laws - Radicals (fanatics) and Moderates (conservatives) - Who shaped my opinions? (The effect of family on perceptions) - Step Three: An Empty Mind - Filling your Character's Head - Emptying your Character's Head - Personality Traits - Physical Habits and Mannerisms - Step Four: An Empty Life - I've got personality but no lifestyle! - Real world activities vs. "What I can do in WoW" - My class, and how it relates to me - My professions, giving me more than a fat/empty wallet. - Using class and profession to add to a character's dynamics. - Touching bases: How class and profession relate to my society. - Education: What do I know, and who taught me? A final wrap up to your character's story. - Step Five: Hey everybody, come see how good I look! - Physical Appearance and Characteristics - Start big, then go small - Descriptive words - Touching bases (again): Society and tattoos, piercings, ect. - Describing my Garb (what do I wear?) - Affiliations and Dressing (who do I know and how does that effect my dress?) - Final Step: Affiliations and my place in the world - Who am I now? (ranks, titles, and other affluential tomfoolery) - In closing: - Final Tips - From Hero to Zero: How good characters fall to pieces. - A thank you =========================================================== Roleplaying 101 - Yet another jerk telling you how to play your game. An Introduction: Welcome to roleplaying 101! This will be yet another thread where someone tells you in a stuck up and haughty manner why you suck at rp and how to fix it. It's your $15 a month, so by all means ready the flamethrowers and burn this thread to the ground. In all seriousness if that's your views, feel free to go read another thread. If you want to learn, well hopefully I can teach you something in my handful of years of roleplay. If I can't teach you something, well I can say I tried. And if I can't say that, I can at least say I wasted a good chunk of time facerolling this keyboard for you all. For those of you that dislike long threads: that's too bad. I'm writing this thread for a guild myself and a friend are planning on creating after seeing some of the roleplay within this server and deciding we wanted to control our exposure to the community in order to create a roleplay environment rich in immersion and character development that pertains to lore accuracy. If your reaction at this point revolves around the word "elitist" you're probably right. For those of you who I haven't chased off yet: lets cut to the chase! The very...very long chase. What this aims to accomplish, and for who: Who am I talking (typing) to in this thread? To anyone who wants to expand their roleplaying character to be a rich and developed individual, who feels like a real person who actually exists in the "World of Warcraft". Someone who grew up here, developed their mind here, and would contribute to the society here. Who this doesn't pertain to: People who play "just to have fun" People who use the excuse "It's my $15" People who don't roleplay People who could care less about lore, immersion, and realism in roleplay Ghostcrawler (everyone seems to hate on his watercooler posts, so I might as well kick him in the kidney while he's down!) What this thread aims to accomplish is to be a comprehensive guide to creating a character who is fully developed and inserted into this game's lore. This thread may not be for the casual roleplayer or someone who is not really interested in making a basal rp character to throw bombs in the pig and whistle, and stare harshly at all the non-paladins in the Cathedral, or ERP as a female draenei.Alinaris139 Aug 24
Oct 1 Roleplaying 102: The Revenge of Society RP 102: Read RP 101 First Welcome to RP 102! Forgive the long time between the previous RP 101 and this thread, I was a bit busy and couldn't find time to sit down long enough to collect thoughts and put them into an intelligent thread, and nobody wants to hear me ramble. Nobody. This RP 102 thread is a bit shorter than my original RP 101 thread. You'll have to forgive me on this. I've been really busy and this is the best I could throw together. If there's enough interest, I may even write a RP 103 thread. If you want to see some tips and such for something I didn't touch in either thread, or have questions/comments feel free to contact me in game as Alinaris or Zakarov. So lets get down to business! Once again, if you haven't read RP 101, I highly recommend you read it first, as this thread deals with advanced RP concepts and may or may not ever refer to the original 101 thread. Welcome to the revenge of society. Like your favorite horror movie villains, me repeating this word over and over again will never die, and come back to haunt you while you're swimming at your favorite summer camp. Silly councilors... As always this thread is for a specific type of person, and not for others. If you're interested in learning some advanced RP concepts, brushing up on that pop culture character you made, or in general someone interested in learning and expanding your already expansive knowledge of (draenei female tail length) roleplay, then continue on! However if you're any of the following, please do not read any further as I'm afraid this thread will probably just frustrate you and/or cause you to develop unsightly welts. Ghostcrawler If you may or may not be a werepenguin. Any and all Lady Gaga roleplayers. If you own more than fifteen beanie babies. People who cannot handle sarcasm and satire. People who will read the table of contents and flame on something they read without reading the actual subject matter at hand. I love you guys so much. Gnomes (Because we all know gnomes are mythical creatures that do not exist.) Here's your table of contents: 1. An intro to RP 102 and a recap on 101. 2. But I want to rp as spider man! Pop culture done right. 3. Crazy RP abilities: How to commit self suicide. 4. Dragon Roleplay: If you're gonna do it, do it right. (Don't do it) 5. Erotic Roleplay (and how it's ruining your favorite server right now!) 6. Expanding your character even further (social events and you) This is a more focused thread touching on several “taboo” subjects and how to deal with them appropriately, and what generally ruins such things for people. This thread will be kept clean, so don't see #5 up there and get all excited (looking at you, draenei) because this isn't a “how to guide” but rather where it may or may not fit in, and the arguments for both sides. If you're concerned, read the next post on what each section will contain.Alinaris47 Oct 1
1d IC Twitter Project: On the Rise Again! *A small book appears in from of you...It says: "I am the magical Twitt."* Hello everybody! I'm not sure if anyone is still active in the IC Twitter, since it's all full! So, I, Pisella the Pie Vendor, have decided to make a new thread! So add us on Twitter, or make your own! Same rules apply! ... List: ...Pisella126 1d
May 26 The Great Alliance Guild Directory! The Great Alliance Guild Directory! Please request a sticky! Looking for a guild? Have a guild but looking for members? You're in the right place! RP Guilds(All Races): http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-2 RP Guilds(Specific Races): http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-7 PVE Guilds: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-10 PVP Guilds: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-10 Other(Social, mish-mash, et cetera): N/A Format: Guild Name Here "motto here" Description: ( short description here 3-5 sentences max. ) Races: (What races are allowed?) Leader(s): Requirements: (Lore-compliance, website application, interview, specific ilvl, et cetera) Recruitment: (url to guild advertisement thread, if any. Otherwise, how do people join?) Website: (url to guild website, if any.) Wiki link: (url to wiki page, if any) General Information: If you have trouble with the forums/are banned, you can send me an in-game mail at Jaeysa with the info or you can e-mail me at warriorjaeysa@gmail.com Please try to keep your adverts as brief as possible. Anything over 150 characters may be shortened by me. Unless you are the guild leader or an officer with the GL's permission, please don't post for your guild. If you have any changes to your post, please send me in-game mail on Jaeysa, as not only do I check it more frequently it'll cut down on the number of posts.Please request a sticky!Jaeysa106 May 26
May 15 [RP Resource] Herb and Alchemy Guide Hey, Wyrmrest Accord! So, since October 2017, I've been working on a project that documents the herbs and reagents of Azeroth, in great detail, from an in-universe perspective. I think it's finally in a state where I can release it. So far, it contains all the major herbs from every expansion, common reagents, and some of the rarer quest herbs. Since the guide is far too long to put on the forums, I've put it on a tumblr blog. It can be found here: ... I tried to look at where each plant is found, their physical appearance, the lore of the lands they grow, and what they are used for alchemically. They're arranged in several categories, such as region, properties, expansion, and environment so that it's easier for RPers to incorporate them into their RP. Here's a sample entry, for Peacebloom: ... I want to give a HUGE thank you to my guild, Hollowlight Ventures, the community of Moon Guard for the support and love they've shown me throughout this project. I'd also like to thank Cannibal on WrA for making an INCREDIBLE list of plants and letting me use it!(https://wow.gamepedia.com/User:Cannibeans/Plants). If you haven't seen it, you should. I'm going to continue updating the guide, but I hope y'all find it a good resource! I've had a ton of fun writing it. Please let me know what yall think!Greáves8 May 15
4m Forming a Pvp and Rp-pvp guild. Plan to form a Pvp and Rp-pvp guild Alliance side. Discord Server is set up with links to Pvp guides for all class specs. As well as other helpful information. Currently still getting the marco list together. Looking for potential officers to help get this off the ground and get the guild charter signed. Event ideas include premades, Dalaran Sewer clean up, Gurubashi and Darkmoon arena showdown. Also Warmode Death squads like back in Classic STV BB. Once the guild is big enough we will reach out to get a rival horde guild to war with.Ostrogauth0 4m
1h Why did we fight Varimathras in Antorus? This question is really late, and also may be a little misinformed, but it still bothers me to this day. Why did we fight Varimathras in Antorus? Why would he fight on his torturer's behalf, and being that Dreadlords are supposed to be hyper intelligent and manipulative, why wouldn't he realize that we're very likely going to defeat his captors and try to join us, or at least take this time where all the guards earlier in the raid are dead to just make a break for it and try to escape? Thanks in advance!Arcway11 1h
2h The Seventy Third Company (Heavy RP/PVP) --Attention: Recruitment is Open! Contact any member if you want to join! 73rd Strong!-- <As you check your mail, you notice a recruitment pamphlet. Someone has taken interest in your skills!> NOTICE! ALLIANCE MILITARY CALL TO ARMS! THE SEVENTY THIRD COMPANY, SEVENTH LEGION NEEDS YOU! The Seventy Third Company, 7th Legion is issuing a call to arms to all willing and able bodied members of the Alliance seeking companionship, camaraderie, soldiery to aid the Alliance and its people. In these perilous times, with threats of the Horde on our very doorstep, the defense of our Alliance is now, more than ever, in need of citizens to make the transformation from citizen to soldier. We must be willing to take arms and fight the Alliance's enemies! The 73rd is a land-air-water based elite corps of soldiers, with soldiers holding positions in nearly everything: From snipers, pilots, spec-ops, military guardsmen, even the medical corps, and more! The clarion call has been given. Your peers, your countrymen, and indeed, the Alliance as a whole are all counting on you. Will it be YOU who takes up the call? Will it be YOU who will aid the Alliance and it’s military in a time of great need? The legacy of the Alliance will always be borne by the soldiers who carry it forth. Speak to a 73rd soldier TODAY and be part of that legacy! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Commanding Officer (GM): Captain Branngas Stouthammer Executive Officer (Co-GM): 1st Lieutenant Demitassie Rayneclaw 1st Platoon (Combat Arms) Platoon Commander: 2nd Lieutenant Lasaedius Valoris Platoon Sergeant: Staff Sergeant Dairenus (Interim) Example Military Occupations: Foot Infantry, Cavalry, Magi Infantry, 2nd Platoon (Support Operations) Platoon Commander: 2nd Lieutenant Tinksy Mekkagon Platoon Sergeant: Vacant Example Military Occupations: Combat Engineer, Medic, Chaplaincy, Military Guardsman 3rd Platoon (Special Operations) Platoon Commander: 2nd Lieutenant Mahuea Platoon Sergeant: Sergeant First Class Warren Slayn Example Military Occupations: Special Forces, Military Intelligence, Scouting & Reconnaissance ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION------------------------------ From our humble beginnings on Twisting Nether, to our years on Emerald Dream, <The Seventy Third> has been around for over eight years and our love for roleplay, comraderie and RP-PvP has kept us together. With a friendly, casual atmosphere, we hope that your time in our guild will be as pleasant as it has for the rest of us. We specialize in on-boarding new roleplayers and introducing them to scenarios that encourage creativity as well as introducing roleplay etiquette and techniques organically. While we are a lore-abiding guild and keep our tappings fully within the Warcraft universe, we are lenient and allow anything that is plausible and reasonable within it’s universe for roleplay. We are primarily an RP-PvP guild and are planning on taking full advantage of War Mode in Battle for Azeroth. This guild loves to run content, including Mythic+ keys, Normal raiding, and using the premade finder for more difficult content. We love to PvP and play to win without the toxicity. Rules: 1.) We are a welcoming guild that accepts anyone regardless of background. This includes ethnicities, sexuality, and gender. Absolutely no harassment or rhetoric against an individual’s background is allowed. 2.) No ERP. While we cannot dictate what one does with their monthly sub, <The Seventy Third> does not host or encourage erotic roleplay within its ranks. Public or questionable conduct regarding ERP is prohibited. 3.) No evil characters. Characters ICly must comply with a military theme. Please be aware of this before speaking to a recruiter. Guild Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnnm0dvXBDg& https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_2OhRq7f_4 (Out of date) Please inquire through this recruitment thread for any additional questions. Please be aware that because we are a medium sized guild, our availability to complete IC and OOC interviews varies. We’re still listening, and we’ll respond to you as soon as we can. We hope to hear from potential applicants soon. For the Alliance! 73rd Strong! ~Captain Branngas StouthammerBranngas102 2h
2h Nostalgia So I'm picking up my in-game activity levels again, and logged on to realize it's the Midsummer Fire Festival. That really took me back, because I remember being a kid at the end of BC when I got WoW, and having a ton of fun running around doing Midsummer stuff. School was out, there was a party going on in this game I'd wanted for months that I finally got. Life was good. What are your first WoW memories?Zenrao31 2h
2h BfA Megathread 10 (Big Spoilers!) How many of these can we cap before launch??? Anyway, I'm gonna post this again because I think it warrants discussion: https://twitter.com/TheRedShirtGuy/status/1010575641136238592 So... are we heading for Siege 2.0? I know I've joked about it, but, uh, oh man. Ooh man.Kazimir45 2h
5h [A-RP/PvP/PvE] Death Toll <Death Toll> Want to play with the best people in the game? People who will carry you through raids, gear you for free, dump tons of gold onto your face, and be awesome the whole time doing it? Well, we have none of that. Besides the awesome part anyway. We're just a guild looking to be close and actually know members (We're talking to you auto-invite-addon-users). We're wanting to build up so we can host events (RP, PvE, and other shenanigans). Not to #humblebrag but we're some pretty awesome people. We can also provide any help that one might need, if it's reasonable. You can add either add Saturn#11469 or eCarnash#1316 for more info/invites. Thanks!Brazzer0 5h
5h Kill something. (Last day!) Write a scene where your character ends something else. Your toon, another living* being, and its subsequent destruction by your hands. Those are the only stipulations. Method, setting, the details are all up to you. Accidental, murder, self-defense, whatever. Get creative. That is a lot of wiggle room. Go forth and slay. *(or undead, construct, whatever. "Living.")Borgg50 5h
5h [H-RP] <The Strawmen> “The Banshee Queen needs us, we don’t need her!” The inflammatory words rattled forth from the rotten throat of a particularly worn and beaten Forsaken. He paused, peering from beneath the brim of his tattered hat to study the reaction of the small huddle of freshly raised undead whom had (at least momentarily) wandered away from the watchful gaze of the guards stationed in Deathknell. “They ask us to call Sylvanas, ‘Queen’, but what has bowing to royalty and the old order gotten us in the past? This!” The speaker motioned to his own decayed form, then to those of the assembled. “Trusting in the wisdom of those sovereign ‘rulers’ has only brought us misery, a curse of rot and decay, and the loss of all that we cherished before! Are we simply to continue down this same path until we are laid low again? Trust in our ‘betters’ as they continue to profit from our protection? Our labor?” Another brief pause, the speaker stopping to look for any sign of comprehension from the crowd of dazed and confused risen. “I say, no more! We should forge our own destiny together! Free from the yoke of nobles and monarchs that wish only to profit from our efforts while offering little in return. Workers, ‘common folk’, craftsmen, and even the lowliest dregs are entitled to reap the benefits of that which they create for themselves and their fellows." “And so I ask you…", he motioned in the direction of one particular individual towards the front of the crowd, pointing in an almost accusatory way, "…will you join me in casting off the shackles of the so called ‘Banshee Queen’ as we once cast off those placed upon us by the Lich King?" “Will you join me in sharing our joys, fears, and futures with one another, without the thumb of some ‘Better’ pressing down upon us? I hope you will, and I hope we can forge a better future for ourselves, together.” The ragged Forsaken stepped towards the closest of the gathered, pressing a small scrap of fabric into their palm and pushing their fingers closed around it before quickly making an exit into the nearby treeline, the footsteps of approaching Deathguard getting closer by the moment. “Best not wander off!” the soldier barked as she approached the still confused newly arisen, motioning for them to follow. They shakily complied, though one lingered behind, looking over a scrap of fabric clutched in her hand. A scarecrow of deep purple thread sewn onto an ashen, dark grey field. ________________________________ <The Strawmen> is a Forsaken guild composed of the former peasants and commonfolk of Lordaeron. Now suspicious of those bearing noble and royal titles after the utter failure of the old system to protect them and properly cope with the Plague of Undeath, they seek to build their own cooperative community together, free from the Banshee Queen and her personality cult. They still work within the greater "Horde" umbrella, but as a voluntary auxiliary, seeing themselves more as a part of a cooperative of free peoples based on mutual assistance and security than part of a rigid hierarchy. Under certain circumstances, we do accept non-Forsaken members as "Field-hands". This rank usually dictates extra "muscle", affiliates, friends, suppliers,etc. of the Strawmen, though only Forsaken/Undead can climb to higher status within the guild given the guild's goals and theme. We plan to hold our own RP events, participate in the greater server community, and even raid and PvP as well (as a guild, if numbers allow). In addition to being active in game, we also have a Discord server. If interested, contact in game: *Barnabas *Versca *Bibianna ...in game if you're interested in being a prospective member or just want to learn more about the guild before making a decision. If you're having difficulty reaching me in-game, my B-tag (Tailypo#11334) is another option for getting in touch with me. Alternatively, we can also easily be reached via the Undercity United Forsaken Community Discord server. It's also just a generally good place for Forsaken RP'ers to organize: - Undercity United Discord Thread: ( https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759177745 ) - Undercity United Discord Link: https://discord.gg/jHeHc8j My personal Discord ID is: Tailypo#1286 . I'm generally available to chat on Discord more often than not, as I have it on mobile as well and am almost always logged in.Barnabas173 5h
6h Silver Circle ⸰☽◯☾⸰ Night Elf RP "Serving the Goddess is a challenge and a privilege, and each must follow their own path in Her name."     - Imyira Whisperblade, the First Keeper...For this thread, the term Kaldorei refers to the oldest elven races in World of Warcraft; the Night Elves, and Highborne. ⸰☽ About the Silver Circle ☾⸰ The Silver Circle is a guild of keen-eyed kaldorei who stand vigil over their people, ever alert for the rise of new enemies or the resurgence of old. We stand ready to heed the call to arms against the foes of the Alliance or those who despoil nature or corrupt Kalimdor. We offer a friendly and intimate atmosphere, where guild members and allies are engaged and work together to help add to the guild story and the overall feeling of immersion in the role-play community. We strive for an open, pleasant, and fun environment, and welcome members who will add to this, and embrace the tone we already have. ...⸰☽ Guild Mandates ☾⸰ In-character, members of the Silver Circle strive to fulfill Elune’s will for the world by following a code and set of core values. Their objectives to fulfill Elune's will are as follows: Defend the Kaldorei Stand in defense of the kaldorei people against internal or external threats. Kaldorei Manifest Destiny Cleanse all threats to nature or the will of the Goddess. Honor the Alliance Answer honorable calls to arms, should the Alliance be attacked. Out-of-Character, members also follow a code and set of core values. Specifically, members are expected to set an example of good role-playing and social integrity. They seek to engage as many other players as possible in a way that creates an enjoyable and immersive experience for all. ⸰☽ Membership ☾⸰ As a Kaldorei themed heavy role-play guild, we cater to a healthy blend of gritty realistic and more lighthearted role-playing styles that fit in the World of Warcraft universe. We like new applicants to show enthusiasm and willingness to role-play within the guild’s theme and Warcraft setting in general. What We Look For ⸰ Active participants who engage with guild stories, or are willing to be storytellers ⸰ Individuals with a preference and enthusiasm for night elf themes ⸰ Genuine individuals who are well mannered, considerate, and interested in making new friends Accepted Character Types ✔️ Lawful Good            ❌ Evil ✔️ Lawful Neutral          ❌ Chaotic ✔️ Neutral Good            ❌ Corrupt characters ✔️ Neutral                  ❌ Inactive characters ⸰☽ Apply Now ☾⸰ For those who wish to learn more about the Silver Circle, or who are ready to join, we invite you to visit our guild website at: silvercircle.shivtr.com to apply! Use our Guestbook forum to ask questions and visit our information tab for more details about the guild. ‎ ‏‎ ‏‎           ‎ ‏‎ ‏‎     ‏‎‏‎QUICK LINKS Guild Site   silvercircle.shivtr.com Guild Q&A‏‏‎‏‎   silvercircle.shivtr.com/pages/Membership Guild Rules  silvercircle.shivtr.com/pages/Rules_Regulations RP Guides   silvercircle.shivtr.com/pages/RP_Guides History      silvercircle.shivtr.com/pages/history Tumblr       the-silver-circle.tumblr.comFeyawen159 6h
6h LF med/heavy "tight-knit" RP guild I've been RPing in WoW since BC. Have years of experience with D&D years before I found WoW. LF a med/heavy RP guild with a tight-knit community. I value this above all else. But what do I mean by tight-knit? I see this phrase thrown around a lot by guilds and they do not stay true to their word. I've been in a few guilds during my years in WoW and have never been one to guild hop. I was fortunate enough to spend my first 10 years of wow in the same guild. It was a great guild. It was so tight-knit that I've met several of its members IRL, multiple times. They even sent me care packages while I was deployed. They truly cared for their members and it was a guild that I (as well as everyone else who was in it) looked forward to logging into every day. When you had a problem, you brought it to your guild and they offered advice or just comforting words. The members, and especially the officers, went out of their way to make each member feel like they were part of a group and not just random people. The officers didn't RP amongst themselves. They didn't center all RP events that they offered to the guild around themselves and treat their officer characters are untouchables that could make or break RP. They encouraged personal character development. It was a guild that I was sad to see go when the RP server it was on died and people moved on due to RL (with no help from WoD). So when I hear guilds saying "tight-knit" and then proceed to join said guild and get downright ignored IC and OOC and have the officers disappear into their own self-absorbed RP storyline that they then offer to the guild to join in with no real way to affect RP at all (they're basically there to show off their "awesome" RP storyline and show how "awesome" their own officers are to the rest of the guild and we just get to pretty much sit back and watch), then I become very cynical towards any guild that gives itself such a label. As you can tell, searching for a guild that gave me what I once had with my first guild has left me close to jaded. I play WoW for the storyline and gameplay and because I get bored. But I can take WoW or leave it. What keeps me coming back to WoW should be the guild I'm in. The connections and friendships I make are what I crave. If I join a guild, I shouldn't have to strive to become an officer just to get a chance at decent RP. I shouldn't be ignored because I'm not an officer. I shouldn't have to go sit in SW just to get random RP walk-ups. I've considered creating my own guild to recreate what I think made my first guild so great, but I do not see a demand for it on WRA (either people have already found these great guilds that I'm not finding, or I'm just not seeing it on these forums). So, that leaves me with trying to find a guild that checks off all of these boxes. Sadly, I can't find one. They're either not advertising, or they don't frequent main cities (because I watch trade chat like a hawk when I'm on). So, tl'dr: I'm looking for a med/heavy RP guild that is actually tight-knit and isn't using that phrase so loosely. A active guild that prides itself on forming more than IC connections and an officer core that is dedicated to serving its members with quality RP chances (either one-off events or long-term campaigns) and quality OOC engagements. I am interested in quality and frequent RP events. My main is Lawful/Good if that helps narrow things down. Can anyone help point me in the right direction to a few guilds that are active in-game?Maadra18 6h
7h <Life> Selling Raids! Hey there! My guild will be doing Heroic Argus runs for gold every Friday and Tuesday at 6pm server time on Horde. For our Heroic Argus Sales (Argus only), we charge 150,000g. (Gold must be on Wyrmrest.) You'll receive: - Violet Spellwing Mount - Ahead of the Curve Achievement - Chance at loot from Argus (Personal loot) - Chance at a Pantheon trinket We're also selling one Mythic Gul'dan Mount every week for 1,000,000g. (We require a down payment of 100,000g beforehand to avoid no-showing and potentially wasting our time and lockout for the week, you'll have to pay the remaining 900,000 before we pull Gul'dan.) (Gold must be on Wyrmrest.) We're considering selling Heroic Kil'Jaeden runs for the artifact appearance! We'd like to know how many people are interested before we set it up though, please feel free to post in this thread, or message me in-game letting us know you're interested. Feel free to add me at any point at Myst#1683!Infimyst161 7h
7h [A-RP Event]Grace of Elune (7-8-18) ... OOC: We’re........ back.......... One last time. I had a nice hiatus, and while I’m not sure if I’m ready to bring back Grace of Elune on a monthly status again, Im ready for one last hurrah before my favorite spot in the entire game is destroyed... Since we dont have a definitive date for pre-patch, im throwing caution to the wind and hoping it wont be before 7/8/18. Who knows what we’ll do if it drops before then! (probably scream, a lot) When: July 8th, 6pm Server Time Where: Temple of the Moon, Darnassus What: A brief one-hour sermon on the wonders and mysteries of Elune, with blessings offered afterward. Why: To spread the word of Elune, of course! Who: Led by Roraelis, everyone is allowed to attend, no invite needed! DKs, DHs, and warlocks allowed! Please note though- this is a sermon event with the focus on one speaker. During the sermon try to keep emotes and /say to a minimum so that the event text does not get lost in chat spam, and everyone can read what is being said. :) If you have any questions, suggestions, or even requests on what topic I should cover, feel free to hit me up-game on Roraelis or on tumblr at autumnal-eclipse.tumblr.com! I also have a calendar event for it in-game so if youd like to be added get in touch with me!Roraelis4 7h
7h WRARP - Easily accesible? I've been leveling and playing but haven't tried to RP on WRA. I've always RP'd on Moonguard to date because I was always told WRA is the elitist, closed-access kinda RP server... But MG is slowly degrading, atleast for me, so I wanted to pop over and see about here. So, Alliance/Horde both, is it actually accesible to somewhat RP newbs?Daithi11 7h
8h [H-PvE] Trivial Pursuit (9/11M) recruiting! Welcome to <Trivial Pursuit>! We are a semi-hardcore raiding guild that formed on Wyrmrest Accord in December '17, just before the last tier of Legion. Four weeks after establishing, we began Mythic raiding for the very first time - and now we are bearing our full strength in Battle for Azeroth! Our guild is progression-oriented, whether that be raiding or pvp. We are always looking to learn, challenge ourselves, and find ways to improve our play and our cohesion as a team. We raid multiple difficulties throughout the week, regularly do Mythic+, and do casual RBGs and Arenas. We are interested in recruiting both social members and progression-minded raiders. Currently, our Mythic raid team is on a well-earned break until Battle for Azeroth. Potential Mythic raiders applicants are expected to be an appropriate gear level, experienced in playing their class/role, and logs that demonstrate performance. Expect to be trialed for 1-2 lockouts in an appropriate difficulty! Currently recruiting: All roles are currently available. Raid Times: Friday/Saturday Mythic Progression - 9PM to 12 AM EST Monday Heroic - 9PM to 12 AM EST Tuesday Farm/Alt Run @ 9PM EST Invites start 15 minutes before raid time. We supply guild flasks and feasts, please bring your own potions and runes. Expectations: Good attendance and preparation - let us know ahead of time if you will not be able to make a scheduled raid night. Be respectful of your fellow raiders and guild members. Let an officer know if you have concerns or need any assistance! Be eager to learn, have an understanding of your class and a willingness to accept constructive criticism. Addons: DBM/Bigwigs, Angry Assignments, damage meter. Discord is required - use of a microphone is a plus. Join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/BXGpYrg or contact Ravikyran - (scolopendra#11839) in-game if you have any questions! trivialpursuit.wra@gmail.com GM: PeachsongRavikyran16 8h
8h SPIRIT OF AZEROTH GAMES: June 28-July 2nd A cross-faction event on Wyrmrest Accord that allows for the best of the best to compete in physical challenges against the other races in hopes of displaying their aptitude and skill in ranged combat, close combat, flying, wit and more! The event will be hosted from June 28th to July 2nd in the Temple of the Jade Serpent and will have events starting as early as 5 pm server and going as late as 8 or 9. Each event will represent the values and traditions that each race holds to. SCHEDULE The schedule is as follows (though it is open to edits as things change. Stay tuned!) JUNE 28TH 4 PM: The Opening Ceremonies, where the torch that sparked this event arrives at the Tournament Grounds and sets the games off! 5 PM: JED’HIN as hosted by the SHA’TOR in the Tournament 7 PM: GILNEAN FENCING (PvP combat while using white items and minimal armor.) JUNE 29th 5:00 HE’ETHRAZE: A Troll-inspired surfing contest.. 5:30 FLYTING: A traditional Dwarven game of wit and insults. 6 PM: GOBLIN GLIDING, an event designed to test your aerial prowess and skill with technology. JUNE 30TH: 5:30 HEARTHSTONE TOURNAMENT, AS HOSTED BY THE PANDAREN 6: JOUSTING, in traditional Lordaeronian styling. 6:30: CARPBALL, A Tauren variation of soccer with the Carp toy. JULY 1st 5 PM: COFFIN RACES: Forsaken delegates will be hosting a series of mounted races where people will carry their own decorated coffins while racing in a relay format 6 PM: ARCHERY in the style of the Quel’dorei and Sin’dorei, as hosted by the Farstriders. 6:30: PET BATTLES! Show off your training skills in a reflection of the gnomish values that inspired such a practice. ^_^ JULY 2nd 5 PM TUG OF WAR: The Orcs would often challenge each other in combat. We wish to seek to represent such bouts of strength in a tug of war. 5:30 PM: MOONBALL: a competitive game that challenges one’s agility in the name of Elune, will be hosted by the Kaldorei. 7 PM END OF GAMES CEREMONY: A quick wrap up event that will note all winners and provide them their medals, as well as chances to display your racial pride! WANT TO COMPETE? Click here to fill out our form and join us in a chance to compete. Contestants are allowed to wait until the day of said event to sign up, but doing it earlier ensures that we have the people there to host the competition. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeCaXYS6LolA1Ke3-rjxAWM9rLJFm3Pmyn3W2SHd6zNd3rsTw/viewform Have any questions? Send letters in-game to Lotusguard(Alliance) or lotusguaard (Horde) or contact us on Tumblr! https://spirit-of-azeroth.tumblr.comLotusguard0 8h
8h <Heralds> now selling the Chosen! See this mog? Like the idea of being among the few to call themselves Golden Bois? Well, now you can get your hands on it, too! <Heralds> is now selling the Chosen title and transmog set for 2 million gold on server. We sell our runs on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm server, and we guarantee you will have your title and transmog by 7:00 pm! But act fast, the title and the transmog will both be unobtainable by the end of the expansion! For more information, including the terms of purchase, please contact Atraeus#11128 in game, or Atrayen#1511 on Discord. Thank you!Atráeus28 8h
8h ###RP Events for June 2018### Faction: ((Horde, Alliance, cross-faction)) Date and time: ((Please use server time!)) Location: ((Please be as specific as possible)) Hosted by: ((Your guild or organization)) Description: ((All other information goes here)) RSVP? ((If participants need to request an invite)) Here's last month's thread, if you still need to access it: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762128155 In addition to posting to this thread, you may also want to promote your event on Lindiwe's event calendar. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762117729 HAPPY JUNE EVERYBODY EVERYBODYMorrowveil20 8h
8h <Jadewind Coalition> 'Mercs With Quirks' Jadewind Coalition is opening our doors to open recruitment for the first time. More info below our contact info! To apply, you may contact: In Game: Alphaeus Bnet: Alphie#11731 Discord: Alphie#3750 Or, you can submit an application through our Google form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XMK0DlSAPEfx5WOj7UW343cuFvCxBPX2XsW7963qYzU/edit?usp=drivesdk Who We Are We are a close-knit guild of friends and our aim is to provide a fun, active, and friendly community to enable players to share their stories and progress their characters together. United by a common cause, the Jadewind Coalition is a mercenary crew and extended found-family. We accept people of all stripes and races to our ranks and many of our members have very long, storied histories with each other. The Village The Jadewind Coalition is based out of a small village in the Jade Forest. The Jadewind Village was once a Pandaren settlement but during the conflict between the Horde and the Alliance it was badly damaged. After purchasing the land and remaining buildings from the old inhabitants the benefactors of the Jadewind Coalition refurbished the village and made it their organization’s home base. The Airship The Jadewind Coalition owns an airship which is used as their main means of travel to the vast far flung areas of Azeroth. Guild Ranks/Divisions Frontliners Group Head: Cinderbrooke/Vindliahh Function: Combatants who best serve being front and center in the face of conflict and battle. (i.e. ‘tanks’) Adepts Group Head: Manadhon Function: Those who best serve conflict from afar or through ways that aren’t head-on (engineers, sharpshooters, etc.). Medics Group Head: Alphaeus Function: For healers, medicinal experts, and others who specialize in some form of mending. Preceptors Group Head: Mionne Function: Scholarly types who wish to aid the Coalitions efforts via research, study, and experimentation. Also for teachers who wish to pass on their knowledge of various subjects. Our Approach to Events We encourage our members to create, explore, and share with others. While the officers work together to provide ongoing and evolving stories and events, we enable our members to do the same among each other and with the guild as a whole. We make use of a variety of approaches to storytelling from free form to roll based systems with an emphasis on player freedom. Guild Rules Be Kind Be tolerant, be courteous, don’t be a #!!@#!%@. If someone asks you to stop doing something, be it an officer or another member, please be respectful of their wishes. No derogatory insults, bashing, shaming, or call-outs. Keep IC and OOC Separate In-character actions have in-character consequences, out of character actions have out of character consequences. Just because a character is abrasive does not mean the player is as well. Playing an aggressive, impersonal character will have repercussions just like playing a shy, antisocial character will have their own repercussions too. In-character conflict is healthy, but does not mean that the player has issue with the other players involved. If there are issues, please let an officer know as soon as possible. ERP belongs in private channels Please keep explicit and excessively violent roleplay in private channels such as party chat and whispers. Combat style Combat systems for the guild vary on a case-by-case basis. For larger events we use a roll system. For smaller events, it is the DM’s choice. This guild is 18+ The guild’s minimum age requirement is 18 years of age and older. Please keep this in mind when applying. Activity policy Every so often we will clean the roster of people that haven’t been on for six months. We do ask that if you plan to be gone for an extended period to let us know so that you don’t accidentally get kicked during a roster clean-up. If you do get kicked on accident and let us know, we will happily invite you back. If you bring alts into the guild please let us know who they are so that we can make notes and keep track of who-is-who. Real life comes first We understand that people are busy with family, work, school, other games, and obligations outside of the guild and WoW. We all face hardships in life and we may feel like venting to the people with whom we play every night, and that is fine. Friendships come with that. Though life can get hard and things can happen, please refrain from clogging up the chat with constant negativity. We’re all here to play and relax. If you truly feel the need to vent you are welcome to take someone aside privately.Alphaeus3 8h
8h Our Place - LGBTQ+ RP Networking Hey guys! Our Place is a LGBTQ+ RP networking discord server for Wyrmrest Accord and Moon Guard. This server was inspired by LGBT+ friendly places like Our Sanctuary on Guild Wars 2, and the LGBT Friendly group on RPFind.Me. While unaffiliated, we hope to create a chill atmosphere here where people can network with other LGBT/LGBT friendly roleplayers in World of Warcraft. Members can chat casually or use the advertisement channels to search for potential guilds / roleplay partners / plots. Please mind the rules and stay respectful. https://discord.gg/rgC4FAQ Thanks!Proserpina18 8h
9h [H] [TONIGHT] The Arcane Salon: Nerd Bar! ------------------------------------------THE ARCANE SALON------------------------------------------ ... -------------------------------------------------ABOUT US------------------------------------------------- Where: Falconwing Square Tavern When: Saturday, June 26th @ 6pm Server Time Come hang out with nerdy singles like you, scream about books you never thought another person had read, tell us your poetry and opinions, and drink your body weight in expensive elven wines! All races and professions are welcome. Worried you’ll be a fly on the wall? We play lots of drinking games and have activities to get people involved! We are an LGBT+ friendly establishment. The Arcane Discord: https://discord.gg/jAzFxfv Tumblr post: https://annathemas-ooc.tumblr.com/post/174542086874/our-next-salon-is-692018-6pm-server-details All boosts appreciated!Anathemas7 9h
9h A letter arrives to the Orgrimmar Embassy... It appears printed from a press in Orcish. ...The employees seem confused. They have no citizenship renunciation protocol. Accompanying the more formal letter is a handwritten one, this time in clear Common....Cannibal87 9h
10h Canonical Common Alphabet Lion's Rest, Varian's gravesite, has a massive marble stone behind it. Carved into it is Common, which utilizes a variant of the the real-world Elder Futhark runic alphabet from ancient Scandinavia. I learned a version of Futhark in high school and, for some reason, never forgot. So I decided to translate the whole thing. The foremost tombstone immediately behind the grave, pictured here: https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Lion%27s_Rest_Writing.png I figured out the Common alphabet from this:... Now, for the main plaque, literally translated it comes out to this:...Which I've managed to translate better into,...The larger portion, the main wall behind him, includes numerous artist employees' names that work at Blizzard. I won't post them all, but examples on the first paragraph include Ishmael Hoover, Cole Eastburn, Jessica Clarke, Jessica Dinh, Andrew Matthews, Daehi Kim, Matt McDaid, Patrick Burke, etc. Hope this is helpful everyone.Cannibal31 10h
10h The Wyrmrest Accord Raiders Discord Hey there! I'm posting here on the forums to hopefully spread the word of our few month old Discord, Wyrmrest Accord Raiders. The idea behind the Discord is to have a social hub to communicate and theory-craft with other players and guilds on the server, both for Horde and Alliance. Hopefully slightly restoring that great tight-knit community feeling we have lost for so many expansions. The environment is more laid back with a lot of jokes and general friendliness to and from one another. Class channels exist to communicate and learn from other players of your class, right here on our server. Currently, Zerrahki, Atraeus, and I moderate the server. We only have a few rules worth mentioning for our server. - No recruiting of any kind, absolutely no exceptions. - No personal attacks, gossip, or any rumors at all. - No racist, sexist, or homophobic comments. - No class dissing. Most importantly. Your Discord name on our server, must match your main characters name. We'll also add your guild name alongside it. Thus, anything you say or do in the Discord represents your guild. Making the rules usually fall short. Currently we have 1̶2̶ 1̶9̶ more guilds than I can count* If you'd like to join the Discord, either contact myself(Myst#1683), Zerrahki(Zerrahki#1784), or Atráeus(Atraeus#11128), or urge your Guild Master to contact us. Please note all the tags above are Battle.net tags, not Discord ID's.Infimyst25 10h
11h [H] <Imperium> Recruiting for BFA! (Updated 5/7/18) <Imperium> is a Horde guild with a focus on raiding progression but also a strong community. We currently have (2) active raid groups. Past raiding and our 4 Mythic+ groups, we enjoy each other's company to a great extent within our Discord. We're the guild you can choose to hang out with instead of watching the NFL in real life. The camaraderie displayed here is unparalleled. It's a fun group of raiders. We know how to have a good time, but the boss kills are important to us and everyone knows what "go-time" means. All of my main team understand that it's not about the individual player, but the team as a whole. While we are players who take damage, HPS, and parsing seriously, we will never sacrifice sound strategy to do so. If you are looking for a mature group of raiders, with a lively community outside of raid too, this is the place for you. Although I always nag my guys to be farming out gear, completing every AP world quest available to them, and studying their logs, sometimes we host other things... -DnD Style Roleplay -Discord Music Parties -"Cracking Open a Cold One With the Raid Team" (every raid night) -Mythic EN -Dalaran Well Sitting (who's house, our house!) Raid Teams & Recruitment Needs Raid Team 1 "Imperial Fists" (Major League/Semi-Hardcore/Mythic) Wed/Thurs: 6PM-9PM PST Recruiting (5/7/18) Trialing currently in Heroic Antorus farm throughout the end of the tier. Commitment not necessary until launch of BFA. Contact for more information! Requirements All Netherlight Crucible Ranks (Trait level 75) 1.3 million ST dps, active microphone with communication skills Shares similar raid experience / skills >75% attendance Outside of WoW communication Loot System Dragon Kill Points (DKP) RC Loot Council interface to quickly distribute loot, referring to DKP spreadsheet, which is managed by Eadchoppa Contact Information - Dakera (B.net: Dakera#1844) Raid Team 2 "Salamanders" (Semi-Casual/Normal/Heroic) Fri: 6PM-9PM PST Recruiting (5/7/18) Open recruitment. This team is the place to build up skills to trial for our main roster, or to be transferred there once requirements/recommendations are met. Our primary social outlet and gearing ground for the Imperial Fists team. Requirements None Loot System Personal Contact Information - Aura Mythic + We have 4 primary Mythic+ progression teams in the guild (derived from the Imperial Fists team but also some socials). They were all named by the members of those teams: - The B-Team Heroes - #TrashParse - Take an Advil - Sexy Christian Singles in Your Area You too can be a part of one of these teams, or create one of your own with members in the guild still looking for a team! Quick Response Application To have a quick response for guild recruitment and/or raiding, please join our discord: https://discord.gg/wmSwJYa . Once in, you will see one text channel that has simple application questions for you to fill out. Once approved (<4 hours), you will be promoted to "Imperial" unless you specifically want to be a visitor in the discord. Alternatively, you can contact Emma or Dakera (seen in discord members tab) for questions. If you have any questions or comments, please contact: Aura (Recruitment Point-of-Contact) (Bnet: Toa#1821) or if not available, contact - Dakera (Guild Master) currently away - Eadchoppa filling in Dakera's role (Our Spinning Rage Tornado) (Discord: THEL3G3ND#9642) - Masamuru (our boy Ronald) (Bnet: Masamuru#1650) Streamers Watch us interact. Many players, including myself, stream every hour of gameplay: twitch.tv/dakerawesome twitch.tv/glibbles (our paste eating boomkin) YouTube Check out our YT channel that highlights our best (and worst) moments: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTibPyiBY1D-O3DyaktxbkwDakera163 11h
12h [H-RP] <Stormhowl Clan> recruiting! ... ... ... ... ... ...Brokthar63 12h
12h Looking for the Summer Competition 2017 There was a big event in Crossroads last year. I believe it was a 2 parter but may have been one day. I can't seem to find it. There was a kodo jousting tournament, a hand to hand to tournament, a great hunt and one or two other events. The Tirisfal Theatre group also did a show there with a Forsaken and a Pandaren. Vuraka here won champion of the festival. Was anyone else around for it? If so, do you remember the name of it?Vuraka1 12h
12h WRA Video-Game Thread #2 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20764156418?page=1 I gotcha covered, Dawnsky. Name is self explanatory, post about any video game you wish to talk about here. I'm silently awaiting word on the Spyro Reignited trilogy, it's time that my own childhood nostalgia either got, well, reignited! Skylanders still sucks though.Banrok207 12h
12h Interest Check: Radio Azeroth. Now I have to type this up all over again! The website ate my last post and like a dope I forgot to copy everything I had typed up before posting. The name is a work in progress as well, feel free to pitch ideas for Radio station names! I will try to be as concise and coherent as I can with this, but I got a lot to say, so let's just jump right into it. This is predominately to gauge interest in an idea I had that is in the earliest planning stages. I legitimately only had this idea tonight, but I'm committed to it! As some of you might know I'm a big fan of music. I also know that quite a few of you are also interested in the art of music. It's something that I enjoy immensely and in the past I have tried a few different casual projects with little success. However, they were not as structured as this one plans to be. So, What is 'Radio Azeroth'.? The idea is that it is predominately an outlaw radio of sorts. Although it does not endorse violence, but instead a message of unity to all the races upon Azeroth. The idea that a gnome, an orc, a troll, or a worgen could tune into the same radio and have a sense of togetherness across the faction divide. It is there to promote music and freedom of expression. To push positive messages of peace to the users who tune in every week to the station as it plays across the air-waves, or maybe it's ley-lines considering how magically infused azeroth is, haha. Where would this be hosted? Ideally, Plug.DJ. With the improved moderation it has and new UI updates it seems like a place we could certainly go. I will be able to lock the room letting it be only myself(Or potential future co-hosts down the line) to play, so I could fully curate the play-lists and ensure no trolling goes on musically, leaving me more open to moderate chat when if it would ever get out of hand. Plug.DJ streams Youtube and Soundcloud links, so bear that in mind for those of you without unlimited internet. You would largely be streaming video. What I need from the community is for you all to please answer these questions and provide some work perhaps going into the radio, more information found below. Firstly, we need a date and time. I would prefer Fridays and Saturdays, but I am open to more suggestions. The only days I could never do would be Sundays. Please also provide a time you would like in the server's time, Pacific Standard Time. Next we need to get onto the topic of the music itself. I was going to go either one of two routes, whichever the listeners would prefer. The first route is an anything goes sort of situation. A modern True variety radio with all different types of genres and being open to suggestions and requests from the listeners in chat. And yes, true variety. If we go this route anyone who so chooses if free to suggests artists in particular from genres you enjoy or songs so that I know what sort of thing to look into incorporating. I enjoy a wide variety of music myself but I am not into everything or am knowledgeable about all the music that exists out there. I want this to be something you all enjoy listening to as much as I do! Or we can go the more traditional fantasy aesthetic. Tavern music, war chants, sweeping fantasy pieces, traditional folk, etc. Limit ourselves to that sort of music. There really isn't a basis for either option as far as Azeroth goes because both modern rock/metal and traditional fantasy is played in the game canonically and I'm sure a wider variety exists that they don't even touch upon. <CONTINUED INTO SECOND POST>Pärker20 12h
13h [A-Event] Darnassus Midsummer Market The following notice has been posted in several different settlements across Kalimdor and major Alliance cities: ...☽----------------------------------------------------☾ The Darnassus Market is a collaborative effort by the kaldorei community of Wyrmrest Accord to host a fun, inclusive, and well-rounded market event with an overarching night elf theme. Join us for an evening as we explore the wonders of IC commerce and make new social connections within the gentle boughs of Teldrassil - while we still can. ♡ Event Information Date: Friday, July 6th, 2018 Time: 5PM-8PM server time (7PM-10PM CST / 8PM-11PM EST) Place: Tradesmen's Terrace, Darnassus Contact: Elliistra or Shaureyne Market Attractions Opening and closing ceremonies Market stalls featuring the works of vendors, recruiters, and performers of all kinds Random giveaways throughout the market’s duration, featuring various sought-after night elven items and hefty gold sums "Ghastly, Gaudy" transmog contest with lucrative prizes (yak is provided) Epic firework finale☽----------------------------------------------------☾ Stall Information Stall sign-ups are currently OPEN until Wednesday, June 27th! In-game mail will be sent out to stall hosts that day to confirm their attendance, and will have until Sunday, July 1st to respond. Failure to confirm will result in removal from the official stall list and ineligibility for a featured location on the market map. An official list of confirmed stalls, as well as a map featuring the info and locations of those stalls, will be posted no later than July 3rd. Unofficial stalls will be able to set up shop in the designated “Stall Overflow” area, or wander the market grounds so long as they do not impede upon the claimed spaces of others. A private IC meeting for confirmed stall hosts will be held on Tuesday, July 3rd at 5PM (server time) so they may have a chance to ask questions, form friendships, and browse each other's wares before the mob arrives! Additional details will be sent out by Monday, July 2nd! Attendance is optional, but we highly encourage it. :) If you would like to run your own stall, please fill out the template below and post it as a comment to this thread, or contact Elliistra or Shaureyne with your details. Space is limited! ☽----------------------------------------------------☾ Stall Template Stall Name: Character Name(s): (in-game names, accent letters and all, please!) Stall Type(s): (Vendor, Recruiter, and/or Performer) GHI or TRP3 Extended required?: Stall Description: (Please try to keep this 500 characters or less)Shaureyne35 13h
13h BFA Megathread 9 (SPOILERS) Last post: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765177246?page=1 So much for the last thread being the final thread before the prepatch, we tore through that one like wet paper.Banrok500 13h
13h [H-RP Event] Fire Fest, June 22 & 23rd Succulent Tart is proud to announce our THIRD annual Fire Fest! On the evenings of Friday, June 22nd and Saturday, June 23rd, come on out to Mar’at, Uldum and join us for two nights filled with fiery, fabulous and fun festivities! When: Friday, June 22nd (5pm-10pm+) Saturday, June 23rd (4pm-10pm+) Where: Mar'at, Uldum Vendors/events will be scattered all over the area, check out the tumblr below for a map! What: Vendors will run early evening (5-7 Friday, 4-7 Saturday) with Fire Fest themed performances to follow! There will also be paid and free raffles both days for some AMAZING prizes! Friday night will end with a drum circle and camping, Saturday night will end with fireworks and a dance party! Who: We are horde side, but the alliance are welcome to join! (You will have to bring your own translators) Contact info/Invites: For more information/calendar invite, contact any member of 'Succulent Tart' in-game, or contact me on tumblr @gabbrialla or on discord at Felonous#3326 OFFICIAL FIRE FEST TUMBLR: https://tartfirefest.tumblr.com/ **WE ARE ALSO STILL SEEKING A COUPLE MORE VENDORS, YOU CAN FIND INFORMATION FOR THAT ON THE TUMBLR ABOVE!**Gabbrialla13 13h
14h Thoughts on playing Blue side on WRA Hey all, many of you know me ... ( I meet lots of people who know Nothing! *rimshot* hahahahaha) Forsaken Warlock on WRA for my entire WOW life! Any who.... I am considering taking my 2nd toon an Orc Hunter named Dagz and going to the Blue side as I never really played Alliance before. Dagz is currently level 91 Survival Hunter. My blood runs deep for the Horde and I hate even thinking of going there ..... but I want to experience that side of Azeroth and that side of WRA.....its a whole side of the relm I do not have much interaction with...I am old as well (39 years) would like people around my age or at least old folk friendly, maybe a guild who needs an old person? So instead of rambling on here is what I am asking the community... a.) Should I switch this toon over? Or should I roll a new one and start from the begining or roll a Demon Hunter (but honestly is their really RP on the blue side with a demon hunter?)? b.) If I move Dagz over I am thinking of rolling Worgen or Drenai as a hunter, most likely Worgen. c.) Hows the RP on the Blue side? d.) Whats a good casual RP guild? I have 2 children 17 year old and a 2 year old... so my playing time is limited...any suggests of nice guild to speak with? e.) Should I use my 110 boost and go Blue side with it? Just looking for some various opinions as I can transfer this weekend for a 25% discount! and.....GO!Nothing19 14h
14h Ogres Allied Race So what do you guys think the chance of us getting Ogres as an allied race in BfA are?Khazak51 14h
14h Do casual friendly guilds still exist? I am in need of a guild and try as I might, it seems impossible to find one! I would like a friendly guild that is primarily casual but still runs dungeons together including mythics. Most of my friends have stopped playing and wow is no fun alone :)Lolawen4 14h
15h Dance of the Earthmother Summer 2018 An’she sits high in the sky, hotter than ever. He warms our backs, and the people of Azeroth burn fires in his honor. And as An’she reaches his highest point, it is on us, the children of the Earthmother, to help her settle into these warm months and recover from the labor she undertook during the Spring. It is time to welcome Summer. It is time for the Dance of the Earthmother. But even as we honor the hot months, and honor Fire, we must not neglect the other elements that make up this world. For even in the long days of summer, all the elements remain equal, and must be cherished: The Wind that blows over the searing plans, the Water that cools us and quenches the thirst of the dry land, and the Earth that holds it all. This upcoming solstice, join us we honor all four elements and sing and dance for our mother. Welcome to the Dance of the Earthmother. Where: Crossroads, Northern Barrens When: June 30, 5-10 PM server time Who: Horde Why: To keep alive the tauren traditions! Hosted by: The Spiritsong Pact (Whitehorn Tribe, The Windsong Herd, The Wolfmane Tribe) Schedule Opening Ceremony 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM We shall gather near the flames for an opening speech and to give our offerings to the Earthmother before announcing the upcoming activities! Honoring Wind 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM To honor Wind, all are invited to come and participate in a race over the winds! Honoring Water 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM For Water, we shall gather near the edge of Stonebull Lake and instruct how to perform a rain dance to call down the rains. Once the lessons are concluded, we shall have ourselves… a dance off! Honoring Earth 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM To test how stable, how like Earth, you are, we present to you kodo jousting! Keep steady, and knock your opponent off! Honoring Fire 8:30 PM - 9:30 PM To Honor the Fire, we will be doing sparring but with a bit of a twist! Each participant will be given a bowl of burning herbs and put into a ring. The goal is not necessarily to beat your opponent into submission, but to put out their flame! Water will be nearby. Closing Ceremonies/Feast 9:30 PM - 10:00 PMRaton5 15h
16h [H] <The Arcane Collegiate> ... GM: Anathemas Website: http://tac-wra.shivtr.com <The Arcane Collegiate> believes that the key to responsible use of all magics is through research, development, and education. We are a private institution funded through the generous donations of the noble houses of Quel’thalas and support from The Sunreavers of Dalaran. The Collegiate explores dark magics that the strict mageocracy will not, and goes to places they wouldn’t dare tread to collect and study powerful artifacts. We operate on simple terms: All magic is to be treated equally. The Collegiate provides support to those studying underused, understudied, and ancient forms of magic. We also house more common forms of magic, and often provide private tutelage to those interested. ... To create a safe OOC environment for all to feel welcome in. We are an LGBTQ community that does not tolerate bigotry, sexism, or racism in any of its forms. To foster creativity through social events, adventures, writing challenges, job boards, and other means. New ideas are always welcome and often implemented. To provide a place where characters and players can safely explore headcanon ideas free from harassment and judgement. We readily accept non-playable races and lesser-studied magics. To help our guildmates and friends bring their stories, characters, and ideas to life with consistent events. All members are encouraged to orchestrate their own storylines. You’re not just following along in the story- you’re a part of it. Your contributions matter. To work with other guilds and groups to create something that others can enjoy, too. We regularly host monthly server events based around our educational theme and are always open to collaboration with others. ... The Great Debate Last Friday of every month People of Azeroth, it is time for your voices and opinions to be heard! The Arcane Collegiate is hosting a monthly debate on various topics of importance to the Horde, and to the world at large, and all races are invited to share their opinions! Collegiate Lecture Series Second Thursday of every month Are you a researcher in need of a place to show off your work? Now you can! Each month, the Arcane Collegiate will be hosting speakers in a public forum where they will be allowed to share their body of work with an audience, or teach people something new.Altherei60 16h
1d [H-RP][Orc Only] Goramar News/Updates: ... Introduction: ... What We Are: ... To Apply: ...Rahkris30 1d
1d [H-RP] Yīngsù Village Yīngsù Village lies hidden in the mountains of Pandaria, South of Kun Lai, West of the Jade Forest, and North of the Valley of the Four Winds. It is a rocky, windswept and remote place, where few crops grow and the nights are cold. Like rubbish blown in the wind, drifters, thieves and renegades have made their way to the Village over the centuries, and calling it their home. To survive, they offer their services, ever discreetly, to the towns and cities below, trading knife-work and smuggling for rice and solitude. Whether by birth or adoption, the inhabitants of this secret place are members of a family. A family with customs, which must be obeyed, for the safety of the town and its people. For life in Yīngsù Village is frail and fleeting, but made stronger by bonds of blood and iron. ________________________ Yīngsù Village is a roleplay guild on Hordeside Wryrmest Accord, devoted to deep, interpersonal story, based on themes of interdependence, honor, crime and ethics. We are inspired loosely by legends of Ninja and Brigand villages in Japan and throughout Asia, who were said to have eked out a living in remote, barren places, and survived by the sword and subterfuge when they could not grow enough food or command enough respect. We welcome mature, even-keeled roleplayers who have a strong distinction between In-Character and Out-Of-Character, who are willing to engage in emotionally difficult but immensely rewarding stories. With a strong “Play to Lose” mentality, we recognize that the best tales often have sad endings, but are more memorable for it, and that power comes at a great cost. We have a low-key, friendly OOC culture, keep each other company on Discord throughout the day, and have a robust sense of humor. Though we are barely a week old, we already have enjoyed RP, PVP and PVE with one another, and plan to eventually run small raids, mythics and BGs. It's been a wonderful experience, meeting my new guild mates. Please Note: While we DO take non-Pandaren, roleplay explanations are required, and we are much more interested in Pandaren at this time. Beyond race, we are interested in anyone who has a real interest in Pandaria, the lore, the themes and our guild concept, and wants to play it straight with us. For information about applying, visit our website: https://yingsuvillage.wordpress.com/Yutang89 1d
1d TRP/MRP profiles can soon be reported https://blizzardwatch.com/2018/06/15/toxicity-via-addons-get-smackdown-battle-azeroth/ Thought this was an interesting article that was relevant to our RP servers and users of TRP and MRP. Basically blizzard's implemented an optional logging function that addon writers can use to log rp profiles for the purpose of reporting them and doling out suspensions and bans where appropriate. I know there's a lot of people on the server whose profiles aren't necessarily a big raunchy kinks list or anything, but they may still broach adult topics or link to a commission that may or may not have nudity in it, but could be considered risque and against the ToS regardless. Time for some folks to possibly clean up their TRPs.Jerrod158 1d
1d [H]Forsaken War Preparation&Cultural Festival Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies… strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night… live my brethren, live. - King Terenas Menethil II ::Edit; We have decided to keep the date as is. When planning future events, we will take more consideration to established events as to lessen the burden of choosing one or the other. :: Date: July 14th Time: 5pm PST Location: Tarren Mill, Hillsbrad Foothills As the sun sets over the Mountains of Alterac, we invite the Forsaken to join us. To share our culture, lore, and knowledge. The recent Alliance activity after the fall of the legion, has made it clear we cannot wait for the problem to reach our doorstep before preparing, we must make ready now. We will have speakers on multiple subjects of Forsaken culture. Bat Riding - Cult of Forgotten Shadows - Deathstalkers - Fleshcrafting - Alchemy - Vendors and Merchants in the Forsaken style. Poisons - Potions and Flasks - Armor and Arms - Body Parts - Drinks, food etc. - Other undead items - Written Contests. Participants; Noslferatu, Colepain Best Speech Short stories Poetry Best Eulogy Transmog Contests. Participants; Cryptascent Apothecary Batrider Dark Ranger Deathguard Deathstalker Necromancer We are reaching out to the Forsaken community for additional speakers for presentations. Please inform us if you would like to participate in the transmog contest, written contests, or would like to sell something. We are trying to keep this organized so it is important we have a few lists regarding what people will be participating in. As well, it helps us stay informed as to what people are most interested in for future events. Living attendees are not preferred, but if you wish to join we will provide a costume. Any living attendees not in a costume will be escorted from the premises.Lightsorrow9 1d
1d Aren't most playable races the same species? Kinda stupid question here, but I just realized how many examples we have of wow races creating offspring with others, (Human-elves, Orc-draenei, draenei-humans, troll-elves, dwarf-humans, draenei-orc-humans, etc.) unless their offspring is infertile and I've just never heard, wouldn't this make them all the same species?Belalor24 1d
1d [A-Event] Tournament of Midsummer Flame *As the summer months begin to dawn on Azeroth fliers fill the boards of the capital cities.* “Are you ready to compete?! I am Memoru Megavoice and once again the summer months are upon us! With it we invite those brave, skilled, and cunning enough to partake in the Tournament of Midsummer Flame! During the annual Midsummer Festival the Argent Tournament grounds invites those ready to take up the lance and prove their worth on the jousting field! However this festival is not just for the jousters! We invite all to come share in the excitement, partake in the spectacle of the joust, and even bring your name and your organization's name to the world!” Hello everyone! Last year I started a jousting tournament on the Emerald Dream server and it saw a lot of success. The tournament ran on the weekend of the Midsummer Fire Festival and was called the Tournament of Summer Flame. Since then we have moved to Wrymrest Accord, but I still intend to run the tournament and here it is! The tournament will take place on the Argent Tournament grounds in Icecrown and will span June 22-24th. The tournament will be using the jousting mechanic found at these tournament grounds. While my focus will be on this tournament I do encourage others to take advantage of the event! Come RP, set up booths, even recruit for your guild. Make this event your event as well! Bellow I have included the FAQ from last year’s event, slightly modified to fit the new days and times, but this FAQ is not final! If you have any other questions you can send an in game mail or message Memoru on Wrymrest Accord, or ask here in this post! NEW!: A new page for the tournament has been created using tumblr! https://midsummertournament.tumblr.com/ This page will be used to provide the FAQ, maps, and Pools information throughout the tournament when it commences!Creinu6 1d
1d [H-RP] <Order of the Flames> I've been reluctant to post on the forums, for fear of getting crucified by the Lore Police, but hey. Lets give this a go. <Order of the Flames> is a new Heavy RP guild revolving around an interactive High Fantasy story line using a few bits of lore or entities from my own personal canons. The story revolves around my character's fight against an ancient and very powerful being akin to the Old Gods of Azeroth. The guild itself will be focused on hunting down this being's agents as they operate on Azeroth to bring their evil god into this unsuspecting world. No race/class/level requirements to be had. If you'd like more info, please contact Asheborne or Jaethiir in-game or simply /who the guild, and someone online will be able to assist. Events as of right now are every Saturday at 7pm Server Time, with plans in the future to host smaller side events at earlier times throughout the week in the future.Asheborne0 1d