Wyrmrest Accord

Nov 22, 2010 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the World of Warcraft Realm Discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss happenings on your realm with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Bashiok0 Nov 22, 2010
May 21 Master Post - Racial Lore Guides: Horde (Pasting this from the old forums, Thanks to Danikah and Kalanii and Quill for these and their preservation.) Quill’s Advice to Blood Elves/Those Who Hate Them Original Post (Repost by Kalanii): Your eyes are green. The only blue permitted is the frosty blue of a DK. There are no exceptions. The Sunwell reigniting did not make your eyes change color; fel taint is permanent. Orcs haven't gone back to brown skin. You are not a High Elf. You are not a Half-Elf. High elves and half-elves are Alliance-based. The high elves have thrown in their lot with the Alliance, and the half-elves are half-human, and thus attached to the Alliance. If you are one of these two things and you are playing in the Horde, disguise it. If you are open about this, you will be exiled or, more likely, executed. Play it smart if you must play it at all. You do not hold titles equal to major NPCs. You are not a Grand Magister, a Ranger-General, or a Blood Knight Matriarch. You are not an exception to this rule. Those people are the top of the chain of their respective organizations; you are not their equal. My advice? Be just a magister, a blood knight, or a ranger. Don't define yourself by your title. You can gain respect without a high rank. Blood elves play a subtle game with their politics and power struggles. Most of the power struggles seen in Silvermoon from RPers are duels or RP fights; this would not be tolerated by the guard unless it was taken outside, but moreover, this is not terribly characteristic of the culture. They are crafty people who prefer techniques like blackmail and playing the long game, which comes of their relatively long lives. Stop drawing your weapons and blasting people with your spells and start learning how to wound with words. Be patient. Be clever. Cleverness isn't something you can fake, mind, so if being subtle and working intrigue isn't something you feel up to doing, get out of the Silvermoon scene or don't try to play the sort of bloodelf who is into power struggles. A blunt bloodelf would not get very far in their culture. Openly talking about throwing down the government or otherwise defying the laws of decency would not happen without consequences. This is more of a general rule for RP, but it happens a lot in Silvermoon so I'm putting it here. You need to acknowledge your environment. Just because the guards won't actually react in game doesn't mean they wouldn't react in lore. We're here to play in the Warcraft world, and that includes using your imagination as to what would happen if you took such actions. Understand that the guards would be after you for stabbing someone if you did it on the street or in an establishment, and that even if you "evaded" them, there would be a warrant for your arrest. Allarya108 May 21
4h Roleplaying 101: A crash course on Characters <insert exodar crash joke here> - Table of Contents (You're reading this, right now.) =========================================================== - Introduction - What this aims to accomplish, and for who - What is "Great Roleplay" and a "Great Roleplayer"? - Lore Accuracy - Start from the beginning, and finish at the end. - Goals: What do I want? - Step One: So many choices, what to go for first? - A shattered mirror: all the pieces of the character that make a whole - What's my Story? - Who do I know? - What do I do? - What -am- I? - Step Two: Socialites and Interacting with the Public - Racial Backgrounds and Stereotypes - Social Mores and Laws - Radicals (fanatics) and Moderates (conservatives) - Who shaped my opinions? (The effect of family on perceptions) - Step Three: An Empty Mind - Filling your Character's Head - Emptying your Character's Head - Personality Traits - Physical Habits and Mannerisms - Step Four: An Empty Life - I've got personality but no lifestyle! - Real world activities vs. "What I can do in WoW" - My class, and how it relates to me - My professions, giving me more than a fat/empty wallet. - Using class and profession to add to a character's dynamics. - Touching bases: How class and profession relate to my society. - Education: What do I know, and who taught me? A final wrap up to your character's story. - Step Five: Hey everybody, come see how good I look! - Physical Appearance and Characteristics - Start big, then go small - Descriptive words - Touching bases (again): Society and tattoos, piercings, ect. - Describing my Garb (what do I wear?) - Affiliations and Dressing (who do I know and how does that effect my dress?) - Final Step: Affiliations and my place in the world - Who am I now? (ranks, titles, and other affluential tomfoolery) - In closing: - Final Tips - From Hero to Zero: How good characters fall to pieces. - A thank you =========================================================== Roleplaying 101 - Yet another jerk telling you how to play your game. An Introduction: Welcome to roleplaying 101! This will be yet another thread where someone tells you in a stuck up and haughty manner why you suck at rp and how to fix it. It's your $15 a month, so by all means ready the flamethrowers and burn this thread to the ground. In all seriousness if that's your views, feel free to go read another thread. If you want to learn, well hopefully I can teach you something in my handful of years of roleplay. If I can't teach you something, well I can say I tried. And if I can't say that, I can at least say I wasted a good chunk of time facerolling this keyboard for you all. For those of you that dislike long threads: that's too bad. I'm writing this thread for a guild myself and a friend are planning on creating after seeing some of the roleplay within this server and deciding we wanted to control our exposure to the community in order to create a roleplay environment rich in immersion and character development that pertains to lore accuracy. If your reaction at this point revolves around the word "elitist" you're probably right. For those of you who I haven't chased off yet: lets cut to the chase! The very...very long chase. What this aims to accomplish, and for who: Who am I talking (typing) to in this thread? To anyone who wants to expand their roleplaying character to be a rich and developed individual, who feels like a real person who actually exists in the "World of Warcraft". Someone who grew up here, developed their mind here, and would contribute to the society here. Who this doesn't pertain to: People who play "just to have fun" People who use the excuse "It's my $15" People who don't roleplay People who could care less about lore, immersion, and realism in roleplay Ghostcrawler (everyone seems to hate on his watercooler posts, so I might as well kick him in the kidney while he's down!) What this thread aims to accomplish is to be a comprehensive guide to creating a character who is fully developed and inserted into this game's lore. This thread may not be for the casual roleplayer or someone who is not really interested in making a basal rp character to throw bombs in the pig and whistle, and stare harshly at all the non-paladins in the Cathedral, or ERP as a female draenei.Alinaris139 4h
Jul 10 Roleplaying 102: The Revenge of Society RP 102: Read RP 101 First Welcome to RP 102! Forgive the long time between the previous RP 101 and this thread, I was a bit busy and couldn't find time to sit down long enough to collect thoughts and put them into an intelligent thread, and nobody wants to hear me ramble. Nobody. This RP 102 thread is a bit shorter than my original RP 101 thread. You'll have to forgive me on this. I've been really busy and this is the best I could throw together. If there's enough interest, I may even write a RP 103 thread. If you want to see some tips and such for something I didn't touch in either thread, or have questions/comments feel free to contact me in game as Alinaris or Zakarov. So lets get down to business! Once again, if you haven't read RP 101, I highly recommend you read it first, as this thread deals with advanced RP concepts and may or may not ever refer to the original 101 thread. Welcome to the revenge of society. Like your favorite horror movie villains, me repeating this word over and over again will never die, and come back to haunt you while you're swimming at your favorite summer camp. Silly councilors... As always this thread is for a specific type of person, and not for others. If you're interested in learning some advanced RP concepts, brushing up on that pop culture character you made, or in general someone interested in learning and expanding your already expansive knowledge of (draenei female tail length) roleplay, then continue on! However if you're any of the following, please do not read any further as I'm afraid this thread will probably just frustrate you and/or cause you to develop unsightly welts. Ghostcrawler If you may or may not be a werepenguin. Any and all Lady Gaga roleplayers. If you own more than fifteen beanie babies. People who cannot handle sarcasm and satire. People who will read the table of contents and flame on something they read without reading the actual subject matter at hand. I love you guys so much. Gnomes (Because we all know gnomes are mythical creatures that do not exist.) Here's your table of contents: 1. An intro to RP 102 and a recap on 101. 2. But I want to rp as spider man! Pop culture done right. 3. Crazy RP abilities: How to commit self suicide. 4. Dragon Roleplay: If you're gonna do it, do it right. (Don't do it) 5. Erotic Roleplay (and how it's ruining your favorite server right now!) 6. Expanding your character even further (social events and you) This is a more focused thread touching on several “taboo” subjects and how to deal with them appropriately, and what generally ruins such things for people. This thread will be kept clean, so don't see #5 up there and get all excited (looking at you, draenei) because this isn't a “how to guide” but rather where it may or may not fit in, and the arguments for both sides. If you're concerned, read the next post on what each section will contain.Alinaris46 Jul 10
Aug 14 The Great Alliance Guild Directory! The Great Alliance Guild Directory! Please request a sticky! Looking for a guild? Have a guild but looking for members? You're in the right place! RP Guilds(All Races): http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-2 RP Guilds(Specific Races): http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-7 PVE Guilds: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-10 PVP Guilds: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749767842#post-10 Other(Social, mish-mash, et cetera): N/A Format: Guild Name Here "motto here" Description: ( short description here 3-5 sentences max. ) Races: (What races are allowed?) Leader(s): Requirements: (Lore-compliance, website application, interview, specific ilvl, et cetera) Recruitment: (url to guild advertisement thread, if any. Otherwise, how do people join?) Website: (url to guild website, if any.) Wiki link: (url to wiki page, if any) General Information: If you have trouble with the forums/are banned, you can send me an in-game mail at Jaeysa with the info or you can e-mail me at warriorjaeysa@gmail.com Please try to keep your adverts as brief as possible. Anything over 150 characters may be shortened by me. Unless you are the guild leader or an officer with the GL's permission, please don't post for your guild. If you have any changes to your post, please send me in-game mail on Jaeysa, as not only do I check it more frequently it'll cut down on the number of posts.Please request a sticky!Jaeysa89 Aug 14
Jan 7 IC Twitter Project: On the Rise Again! *A small book appears in from of you...It says: "I am the magical Twitt."* Hello everybody! I'm not sure if anyone is still active in the IC Twitter, since it's all full! So, I, Pisella the Pie Vendor, have decided to make a new thread! So add us on Twitter, or make your own! Same rules apply! ... List: ...Pisella115 Jan 7
37m [H-RP Event] Jade Ball In a time where heroes are giving their lifes for the greater good, and demons are destroying things and places we hold dear it is important to remember the important things in life. As the Panderan have taught us it is not what we fight that matters but WHO we fight for. In honor of them as a people and in an attempt to boost moral among those of the horde, an expansive funding was made to restore the Jade Temple so that the only things being built would not just be machines of war and towns trying to re-gain their foothold in their own lands. So please join us as we celebrate a symbol of hope and learning being re-finished at the Jade Ball! Grand Lady Alerilia Blackmask, Madame Tessa Motors, and The Kind Lady Faeralynn of the Crimson Infantry cordially invite you to a celebration of friends, family, and the restoration of the Jade Temple. When: August 20th , 8:30 SEVER time Where: Jade Temple Event Outline: Music: -Performed by Rhillia and the proffesonal Bard School <The Eversong Ensemble> Food and Drinks: An open bar will be available to patrons throughout the entirity of the event, and waiters will be walking around with treys of food for your convinece Security: Security provided by sponsored guild <The Crimson Infantry> Fireworks!: At the end of the Event there will be a firework show extravaganza! Contests: -Best dressed: A contest for best dressed Lady, Best dressed Lad, and Best dressed couple will be held in the middle of the event, to be judged by the three event sponsors. Prizes: -Best Dressed Lady: 5,000 gold -Best Dressed Lad: 5,000 gold Best dressed couple: 5,000 gold to be split between the lucky two For more event info or a calendar invite please whisper: Tessamotors, Alerilia, or Faeralynn Thank you for your support and we hope to see you there! :DTessamotors22 37m
1h [H]<The Final Frontier> is recruiting(PVE) Greetings! <The Final Frontier> is looking for more members for our new Horde-side raid team! We are an active, LGBTQ+ friendly multi-game community that dedicates itself to providing a fun, enjoyable, and friendly home for all gamers! We are a wonderful, mature, relaxed group of people, with many of us forming lasting friendships through the games we play together. If you are looking for a place to log into and find a group, or just a place where you can chat with people in guild, look no further! Interested? Have questions? Please message me at Rikka#1590, or /who The Final Frontier and ask a member to point you in the direction of an officer. Raid nights: Tues-Thurs 8:30-11:30 EST. Low levels/non-raiders always welcome! PST for info! \o/ Happy Gaming! \o/Dinea3 1h
2h Event Circles? So in a few other MMOs that I've played throughout the years, it's not too uncommon for people to put together groups that aren't exactly guilds, and are instead more informal, making use of external forms of communication and grouping instead of the guild system. Usually, these are done for the sake of putting together plot lines or events outside of guilds for people to enjoy, contribute to, etcetera, without leaving their main hubs. Have people been starting up things like that here? If not, is this something that people might be interested in? I'm not entirely sure how much time I have on my hands at the moment, but if this is something that's reasonably rare yet still has a fair amount of interest towards it, it might be fun to put together a themed version of something like this.Aneliir5 2h
2h ⚔ [H] Lichbane Clan - Recruitment Post ⚔ TABLE OF CONTENTS 1. Introduction 2. About Raiding 3. About Roleplay 4. Additional Information ... General Introduction Lichbane Clan has been founded to give all players of World of Warcraft a home and community to thrive in. We aim to expand in all areas of the game, especially in the areas of Raiding, Roleplay, and all matters of end-game content. While we strive to push ourselves to be the best we can be, we are recruiting most and not only those that want to raid or RP. We want to make logging into the game enjoyable and something to look forward to. World of Warcraft is at its best when you are playing with friends, and we want to bring that enjoyment to you. Roleplay Introduction *You find a note pinned to your door, held aloft by a jagged dagger. You loosen the note from the blade’s sharp point and begin to read* "Greetings traveler, Sadly I do not have the time nor the ink to tell you everything. But I can tell you this. The Lichbane Clan has taken a great interest in you. You very well may hold the key to the Clan’s success. You have been summoned to meet with my leaders. There is much to discuss. Meet at The Legerdemain Lounge in the floating capital. Now I must go, be safe out there, you never know who else may be watching..." ... Raiding When it comes to raiding, we are currently recruiting all roles but we are specifically looking for RDPS and a couple more healers. We would like for players to be above ilvl 890, however, exceptions can be made. We do not require former raiding experience but instead we ask for the desire to learn the fights and do what is needed. We raid from 4:30 PM-7:30 PM PST Wednesday's and one night on the weekend (Fri, Sat, or Sun) (this last night will be determined when we have more raiders, so that it works best with everyone's schedule.) We are also looking for a Raid Leader, and of course the more experience the better. While most Guilds simply just offer Guild Repairs and ask you to bring everything else, we don't. In fact, we supply all Flasks, Pre-pots, and Food/Feasts. Also, for all gear obtained in the raid we will provide Enchants and Gems. This means that you no longer have to spend your gold on that 4k gold enchant, and can instead spend it on the 30 different Transmog outfits you have. ... Roleplay While the GM and I do not have any formal experience with Roleplay, we do realize that this is a big part of the game. We also play on a RP server, so it is only fitting that we expand in this area. We are mainly looking for a Roleplay Officer to help form and create a story for the guild. They would be given 95% artistic power, while we retain 5% to make sure things don't get too strange. Roleplaying is not required, but we do ask for respect for those that wish to do so.Whisperindre12 2h
2h Recruiting for Heroic KJ Sales (GOLD) (HORDE) We are currently recruiting ALL Classes for our somewhat new Heroic KJ Sales group. So far we have had 4 successful nights where everyone of our members made over 1 million+ Gold each night. We sell our carries just like most other people do, we have a group of members scattered around all different realms that will find buyers and bring them in, and we do half the groups buyers.. then the other half, and repeat. We run a ration of 2:1, that means for every 2 people we can have 1 carry. For example: All of our members show up and we have 20 people. Only 10 of our members can bring buyers at a time. Requirements: You need at the least 95+Percentile parses along with decent Mythic progression and multiple kills on Heroic KJ. (We strive to make our buyers experience the best it can be) For any further questions please add my battletag: Aedint#1263 THIS IS FOR IN GAME CURRENCY ONLYEmptymailbox7 2h
2h {A-RP} The Draenei Fellowship ... Welcome! INFORMATION Founded in May of 2016, The Draenei Fellowship is about nurturing strong bonds with likeminded Draenei and helping others in need. Draenei are encouraged to continue to shape their culture, preserve customs, and create new ones as well as new memories and new friends. Here, you can be imaginative. Character development and progression is important to us and there is plenty of room for you to try out new things. There is nothing more fulfilling than having a roleplay where your character gets an issue resolved, opens up, matures, or even learns a lesson or something new. If you get stuck, no worries! Just ask and we are happy to help you. Ranks Our guild is designed in the likeness of normal Draenei society so each members' rank is equal despite being numbered in-game as 2-10. The ranks are name variations of each class and a Draenei may wish to join their coinciding class rank. Events We have a weekly meeting covering casual roleplay as well as important topics, an ongoing storyline, annual events, and general gatherings. One or two events per week are regularly scheduled. Events vary on the time of year and include educational talks and classes, fundraisers, tours, trips, and anything in between. Activities The Draenei Fellowship's focus is on heavy roleplay. We understand that our members may not always feel like roleplaying or instead want to level, raid, or P.v.P. That is fine with us! We do it as well, especially in light of new expansions and content. In the future, we may do occasional raids or P.v.P. but that will never be our top priority so please keep this in mind. As well, we do not use a voice server. Loyalty Per the lore, the Draenei have aligned themselves with the Grand Alliance since coming to Azeroth, pledging their allegiance early on. Many of the Draenei have felt the call to arms and actively participate in war against the Horde as well as any threat to the Alliance. Though not every character in our guild is a fighter, we would like to see patriotism under the banner of blue. Thus, The Draenei Fellowship proudly represents the Alliance. What Makes Us Different There is no hierarchy, no full application, and no interview. We wish to focus on what truly matters; bringing players together without the pressure and stress of ranks, dictatorships, and competition. We take pride in our uncommon approaches. This is what makes us different from most other guilds and we hope to be recognized for our fairness, honesty, and uniqueness for years to come. JOIN US! We look for... • Basic knowledge of roleplay and Blizzard's official roleplaying guidelines. • An understanding of general Draenei history and culture endorsed by Blizzard Entertainment. • Draenei characters that are memorable, still being in accordance with Draenei lore. • Thoughtful, serious, and friendly players who are active and willing to participate in roleplay! IMPORTANT FACTS • We allow Draenei (Main Universe and Alternate Universe), Broken (Krokul), and Lost Ones. • All levels and classes are accepted. • New and returning players and roleplayers are absolutely welcome! We will provide instruction if you are willing to learn. For full information or to fill out our form, visit TheDraeneiFellowship.shivtr.com. Whisper or send a letter to Electrika for further questions. You are invited to be a part of The Draenei Fellowship! Thank you!Electrika25 2h
3h [H] <bepis> is recruiting raiders! <bepis> is a newly formed guild of veteran WoW raiders. Our goal as a guild is simple, to raid as high of level content as we can while maintaining a fun environment that emphasizes getting as much enjoyment out of the game as we can. I'll leave some raid information down below for those interested, -Raid Times Tuesday and Thursday. 6:30pm-9:30pm Pacific Time. We are currently recruiting anyone proficient at their class. Our biggest rule as far as raiding goes however is that everyone is constantly looking for ways to improve, whether this be through comparing logs, talking in class discords, or watching videos. I do not want people to stagnate thinking they're big @#*!!#@% when there's room for improvement. As far as loot goes we currently use Personal loot but that is mainly due to the fact that we're still filling out a full roster, once the roster is built a new loot system can be implemented. Thank you for your interest in <bepis> if you have any questions or if you're interested in joining my btag is nix#1863 or my officer faf#11452Tharokos0 3h
3h I live again! Brains... Ale... *Dwarf zombie staggers down the road.*Oswin8 3h
3h <Dark Templar Knights> <Dark Templar Knights> is now recruiting all levels and classes! 9/9 N ToS Starting Herioc Progression! Come join our fun and competitive raid team! If raiding is not for you, we have a PvP team and other fun events! Become a Templar Today! We do many different kind of event's and some RP we are also in need of some RP leads and ppl wanting to lead some of our eventsYipmaan3 3h
4h 7.3 Drops August 29th https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20979713/patch-7-3-preview-the-campaign-for-argus New Patch drops soon, anyone excited for anything new in particular?Dawnsky30 4h
4h [H] Claw and Shadow Recruiting! 3/9M We transferred here to Wyrmrest Accord in the Legion Pre-patch and are a group of friends whom have been playing together for years and are looking to recruit for raid progression in Legion! Many of us have experienced the endgame content of each expansion and enjoy competing, progressing and keeping a fun environment throughout. The community on our old server either migrated to other servers (many to here on Wyrmrest), or have just sort of died off as far as raiding is concerned so we made the move and are looking to fill the rest of our roster for Mythic raiding. Officer Core has been together since BC, many of our guild members have played with us since Cataclysm and MOP. We're a friendly group of people looking to have fun and do some progression. We very frequently have Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons going along with whatever event is going on for the week, and have semi regular Kara runs with a Nightbane clear group or two cycling people in for mounts. General schedule will be : Tuesday - 730-1030pm server Wednesday - 730-1030pm server Thursday - 730-1030pm server As far as our direct recruitment needs ATM go for raiding, solid players of their class who are looking for a place to have fun with some other like minded individuals are welcome to apply. Mages and Hunters are specifically of interest at the moment, as well as bench players looking to raid 1-2 nights a week. EN : 7/7 M TOV : 3/3 H, 2/3 M NH : 10/10 N, 10/10 H, 8/10 M TOS : 9/9 N, 9/9 H, 3/9 M If you're interested, feel free to hit up one of the following people in game : Mucc Alizarin We hope to hear from you soon! Wow Progress : http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/wyrmrest-accord/Claw+and+ShadowMucc90 4h
4h [A] Stormwind Brewing Co (RP-PvP) Stormwind Brewing Company RP+++++ PvP+++ PvE+ Website: http://stormwindbrewingco.shivtr.com/ Medium: • The Appearance of the Brewery o Underneath the bottle & grape sign hanging outside of the Gallina Winery is a smaller sign that reads, “Stormwind Brewing Company”. It appears Renato Gallina has allowed a small brewing company to use his winery as a brewery. • Noticing the New Beers o As the bartender serves you your drink, you notice new casks in the standard keg line-up. Branded on the new kegs is, “Stormwind Brewing Company” and some small text stating the beer style. The patron next to you sees you inspecting the newer kegs, and claims the Shady Lady has had this new brewery’s beer for quite some time now. He has seen the kegs transported from the brewery at the Gallina Winery to the Shady Lady. • Help Wanted Signs o Throughout the Trade District, and the Canals are help wanted signs from the Stormwind Brewing Company. The signs inquire for willing and able workers. The contact information lists Brewmaster Seosef Valk, and the brewery’s location at the Gallina Winery. • For Those Involved in a Criminal Network o It is rumored that the contractor Seosef Valk has begun a brewing company in Stormwind City. The rumors don’t go as far as stating whether he left the contracting business or not, and the topic is certainly under speculation. IC: The guild is separated into two sides: the brewery front, and the covert criminal underground. The brewery side is fully functional, and the criminal side is mostly contract-based. Contracts can, and will include anything from intimidation, and extortion, to hired blades, and assassinations. The Brewery Side- After being coerced, Renato Gallina allowed the Stormwind Brewing Company to start brewing operations out of his winery. While the recipes are original, and the product is outstanding, Seosef reached out to the owner of the Shady Lady, Quincy Cutler, to spread his brews into the major taverns in Stormwind quickly. Once the brewing company was entrenched in the taverns, Seosef made contracts with each owner, allowing him to send his staff to the taverns to sell, and serve his brews. A caveat written into the contracts states that he is allowed to provide security for his staff when they work in the taverns. The Criminal Side- Distraught with the death of King Varian Wrynn, Seosef dropped his relations with the Kingdom, and took to contracting to provide gold. Contracting was easy in the Broken Isles with the lawless nature of the islands. However, Seosef wanted to return to Stormwind City, and knew that his contracting wouldn’t be tolerated in the city; he needed a front to hide his operations. Utilizing his past love for brewing, Seosef created the Stormwind Brewing Company to cover his criminal activity. OOC: The main focus for the guild will be RP, but we will be taking part in WPvP, and standard PvP. PvE will be member-driven. We will be networking with other guilds for RP storylines. My vision for the guild is to be tight-knit, and very drama-free. RP Base: Brewery: Gallina’s Winery, Stormwind City Contracting HQ: ? Member Req’s: All members will be subject to both an IC, and OOC interview. 1. TRP 3 2. Super basic understanding of beer 3. Be a fair, and respectful person OOC, and be a fair RPer IC Guild Mount: For everything IC, and guild-related, the mount must be realistic for the character. Please inquire either here, or in game to SeosefSeosef11 4h
4h [H-Event] Gund’Harg After a short break from Warcraft, the Gund’harg had returned for the New Year. The feast and games each month, welcoming everyone and all. May all corners of the Horde and those who hold themselves under our banner join. We host the Gund’harg, translated to the common Tongue as Stone Festival, in the spirit of the old orcish Kosh’Harg, but changed and adapted to the New Horde. We hold to another tradition, while you can bring arms and armour to the lands, we would not use them against one another unless the game of the month calls for it. This means no fighting among our own people. We don’t host it under the mountain due to the massive number of hostile mobs that surround it, so instead we host it in a valley in Northwestern Stonetalon Mountain, a mob free area so players of any level may join with us. Time/Date: This event happens each month on the last Friday unless a holiday would get in the way. Which means that in August, it will take place on the 25th at 7:30 pm Realm time. Location: The valley in which the event is hosted can be found at 24:12 with the Coordinates addon, otherwise it is the most Northwestern Corner of Stonetalon, an unmarked location on the map that is easily marked by the small hut in the middle. Who to look for: You can whisper me at any time I am online for an invitation to the event itself, otherwise, please send me a letter, or whisper anyone within the Stonehammer Clan. (Please note that the valley is difficult if not impossible to reach on foot, if you are below level 60, or are unable to obtain a flying mount, those within the clan will be more than happy to give you a lift into the Valley.)Crogart86 4h
5h [A-RP] The Sha'tor ✪ Draenei Exclusive Guild ...Leader: Varistus Officers: Vivaaldi, Kasmia Founded: September 26, 2014 Location: The Exodar Faction: Alliance; draenei exclusive Status: Recruiting, all classes Website: http://shatorwra.com & http://shatorwra.tumblr.com The Sha'tor is an order of draenei dedicated to the preservation of their people and culture, as well as honoring their place within the Alliance. With equal parts tenacity and hope, the Sha'tor aids in defending against the myriad threats that bombard Azeroth, while simultaneously supporting the draenei people as a whole in the quest to rebuild and thrive in the world they now call home. ...As a lore-abiding guild, we want members who are knowledgeable about Warcraft lore, especially regarding the draenei. But beyond that, a guild's heart lies in its members and their ability to be helpful, friendly, and good-natured. A willingness to engage in roleplay and other activities with fellow members is also a great thing to have; it is the driving force behind a successful, active guild, and promotes a welcoming environment. The Sha'tor offers an array of avenues for roleplay, chief among them an ongoing guild storyline that members can participate in by attending plot events. Members are also encouraged to develop their characters through guild plot progression, as well as personal storylines. Additionally, cultural and public events are held to promote inclusion of our allies. Our guild events typically start at 5pm server time. There are at least three IC events a week: a Plot event (Monday) that continues the overall storyline. A Path event (Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday depending on scheduling) that involves individual Path members only. Finally, an Induction Ceremony (Wednesday) which acts as an IC guild meeting. Sometimes, a second Path event is used in the same week, or we collaborate with ally guilds for other events. There is always something to look forward to! ...The Sha'tor is headed by the Exarch and his Triumvirate—individuals who have proven their loyalty and are diverse in both skill and demeanor. The Triumvirate act as advisors to the Exarch, and are tasked with specialized leadership, most notably the three paths of the order. Path of the Naaru — Led by Kasmia; serve as the Sha'tor's military. Path of the Prophet — Led by Varistus; healers and medics. Path of Argus — Led by Vivaaldi; scholars, scientists, artificers, and other keepers of draenei history and culture.Members will be asked to join one of these paths according to their primary interest. ...In order to join, aspiring members must fill out a simple application on our website. If accepted, applicants will be asked to undergo an in-character interview so that the Triumvirate may gauge whether they will be a good fit for the Sha'tor. Do not let inexperience—whether with draenei lore, or roleplay as a whole—deter you from applying! We are glad to help, so long as the interest and willingness to learn is there.Varistus151 5h
5h [H-RP] Yīngsù Village Yīngsù Village lies hidden in the mountains of Pandaria, South of Kun Lai, West of the Jade Forest, and North of the Valley of the Four Winds. It is a rocky, windswept and remote place, where few crops grow and the nights are cold. Like rubbish blown in the wind, drifters, thieves and renegades have made their way to the Village over the centuries, and calling it their home. To survive, they offer their services, ever discreetly, to the towns and cities below, trading knife-work and smuggling for rice and solitude. Whether by birth or adoption, the inhabitants of this secret place are members of a family. A family with customs, which must be obeyed, for the safety of the town and its people. For life in Yīngsù Village is frail and fleeting, but made stronger by bonds of blood and iron. ________________________ Yīngsù Village is a roleplay guild on Hordeside Wryrmest Accord, devoted to deep, interpersonal story, based on themes of interdependence, honor, crime and ethics. We are inspired loosely by legends of Ninja and Brigand villages in Japan and throughout Asia, who were said to have eked out a living in remote, barren places, and survived by the sword and subterfuge when they could not grow enough food or command enough respect. We welcome mature, even-keeled roleplayers who have a strong distinction between In-Character and Out-Of-Character, who are willing to engage in emotionally difficult but immensely rewarding stories. With a strong “Play to Lose” mentality, we recognize that the best tales often have sad endings, but are more memorable for it, and that power comes at a great cost. We have a low-key, friendly OOC culture, keep each other company on Discord throughout the day, and have a robust sense of humor. Though we are barely a week old, we already have enjoyed RP, PVP and PVE with one another, and plan to eventually run small raids, mythics and BGs. It's been a wonderful experience, meeting my new guild mates. Please Note: We DO take non-Pandaren, but roleplay explanations are required, so it just means a little more leg work at the beginning. We are interested in anyone who has a real interest in Pandaria, the lore, the themes and our guild concept, and wants to play it straight with us. For information about applying, visit our website: https://yingsuvillage.wordpress.com/Yutang21 5h
6h Hearthstone Animated Short Can we, like... get a TV series or a movie in this animated style? https://youtu.be/vPguoeYTvMICannibal2 6h
6h 7.3 Spoilers - Fear and Loathing in Argus Title. http://i.imgur.com/0uWOKEA.jpg Humans take everything. #NotMyExarch Also, who's ready for an awesome new mount?! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDczBrXXoAEegi2.jpg Edit: Remember, everything datamined thus far has no context. Draw assumptions at your own peril!Vyrael418 6h
6h Anti-Night Elf Thread THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT HOW NIGHT ELVES ARE BAD.Mephest205 6h
7h [H] <The Misfits of Death> are Recruiting Leader: Lamorstus Theme: Redemption/Adventure Type: Heavy RP & Lore Abiding Faction Alignment: Neutral Archetype: Chaotic Good / Chaotic Evil Who we are. The Misfits of Death are a group of individuals who strive to amend for their pasts through hard work and dedication in their present. They look for regions within Azeroth that are in need of assistance and lend their aid if desired. Their endeavors are diverse and range from helping a village fight off invaders to researching and assisting locations plagued by disease. Much of their work is done for charitable reasons, though they do welcome donations so to speak. The organization appears to be quite reputable around the major cities as of late and many of the members can be recognized by their black and white tabard and overly charismatic attitudes. There is a wide variety of individuals within the organization. Their reasons for joining all different. Some wanting to make up for the sins of their past, others wanting to better the world, while many more seem to be utilizing the organization as an alibi for their darker intentions. What better way to mask your sinister deeds than hiding behind a charity. Who are we looking for. Simply put...YOU We are looking for people who are able to contribute unique stories and ideas to our cause. All the members of the MoD are very much into character development. We want to help you out, no matter if your character is a blood thirsty warrior, or a simple priest wanting to assist the less fortunate. How to reach us? You can look us up with "/who Misfits of Death" and contact a member. Myself, or Aurora will induct you into the guild properly when we get online but we welcome place-holding positions until those arrangements can be met. OOC Notes The guild is small. We just started up a couple nights ago. We have 15 members, but all of them are willing to invest themselves into this guild. I have never ran a guild with this type of theme before so I welcome all individuals willing to dedicate their time and exhibit patience in the process. I have a dream that we will be the next big thing of WRA and I have a lot of faith that the WRA community will be welcoming and encouraging of this dream! Furthermore the guild is a welcoming environment. We do not care who you are OOC or how you wish to portray that IC. We just appreciate you for you, no matter who that may be!:) If you want to join, let us know! If you'd like to bump this thread, feel free to do so! If you just want to say hi to make a new friend, well do it! If you want a cookie...well...too bad.Lamorstus0 7h
7h LF Orc RP Looking for some good ol' fashioned Orc roleplay. I'l be remaking a character for this as I'd like to find someone who would fit the role of a "teacher" for my toon. I'm thinking of either making a Hunter (Survival, because I just returned to the game and would like to see the changes through leveling) or Warrior (Probably Arms, I've never really leveled a Warrior too high). I'll decide based on who's interested in the roleplay. Also I'd prefer to stay away from those knuckle-headed "VICTORY OR DEATH" tyrant of an Orc stereotype.Orgrak1 7h
7h [A] Hammer of Dawn - 7/9H, always recruiting. <Hammer of Dawn> is an 'adults with jobs' styled raiding guild founded for the launch of the Legion expansion. While maintaining a laid back and friendly environment, we pride ourselves on downing content while remaining casual. Our schedule is 9 hours a week (Tues/Fri/Sat), enabling us to have lives away from World of Warcraft (and work jobs, and spend time with family), and still allowing us to see what the endgame of World of Warcraft has to offer. Do not let our reduced raid schedule fool you - we take our raid time seriously (even if we joke around a lot), and expect everyone on the team to do the same. If you're a skilled player, and share our goals, we may be what you're looking for. Progression! We've cleared Normal/Heroic in all previous tiers in Legion. 7/9 Heroic Tomb of Sargeras Raid Times Tuesday 6:30 ST - 9:30 ST Tuesdays is Normal Tomb of Sargeras. We require the 5% & 10% talents in your artifact weapon, and an 885 item level to come. Friday & Saturday 6:30 ST - 9:30 ST Our weekends are for harder content, and we can be very selective about who comes. Recruitment Needs The list below is a general list of what we need played at Heroic levels. If you do not see your class listed here, apply anyway, as we recruit the player over the class, and will work with you to fit you in. We do not require previous raiding experience for Normal, but we do require some previous experience for Heroic! While logs aren't NECESSARY, if you have some we'd love to see them, too. Ranged DPS - Mail especially. A tank, or a non-leather healer. Ranged DPS. Seriously. Expectations of Raiders The ability to play multiple specs for your class effectively, if the raid requires. Understanding constructive criticism, and learning and improving. Ability to come to raid prepared, and on time. This means consumables, and knowledge of the fights we're working on. Having the desire to grow, and continuously improve as your class of choice. Other Information Loot is handled on a basic need/greed system. If you need it, roll. We defer to people's best judgements as to what is a better boost for the raid team. If you are greedy with your loot, you may not find this place friendly. We are adults, and would prefer people looking at joining us be 21+. As always, exceptions can and have been made. We are an LGBTQIA safe space guild - most of this guild is made of marginalized people, and this guild is a home for them above all else. If your idea of fun jokes are 'triggered' memes, or something you would read in trade chat, you will not have fun here. Please feel free to post here, or message me on btag - phae#1446Impersonal228 7h
7h Legacy Raiding (BC) <You think you do> [A]WRA <You think you do> is a guild of players who are progressing through legacy content at level, and in appropriate item level gear. We are a subset of the twinking community, but we do not overgear content as we progress through it. We think we want legacy servers, but we totally don't. Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance Raid schedule: Wednesday/Friday/Saturday 6pm server time (PST) Want to see us in action? Check out some of these videos from our much loved Sam (Old videos, old guild, old server, same people): Blackwing Lair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0bsfyAAN-s Sunwell Plateau: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7UJf1imTNc Herald of the Titans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBJsdv1kD0M Icecrown Citadel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR7lMTTtZrw Heroic Deathwing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzb0C7MeC2w What we expect of you: 1. Do not overlevel content, you need to stop your experience gains at the appropriate level (60 for vanilla, 70 for BC, etc). 2. Do not twink your character, you wear what you're able to get naturally. No heirlooms allowed at level cap, no exceptions. 3. Crafted and BoE gear should not be purchased from the AH. Gear/enchants from later expansions, and PvP gear are restricted as well. 4. Be active on Discord so you know when we're doing stuff; we want you to join a social group, not just a raid team. 5. Unless an emergency arises, we do not want to bring cross-server characters to raids. Be part of the guild! Want to know more? Contact us! Officers: Talch (Bevok#1395), Appa (Jimmyjames@1507), Jij (Jij#1775), Syncos (Syncos#1918), Hobson (Hobson#1416) Anyone online ingame can invite you, so if you have questions, feel free to hop in and ask around in guild chat, or on Discord: https://discord.gg/8BKzJv3Appalytheism57 7h
8h LFGuild PvP [H] What would you say if I said a Druid, a Priest, and a Demon Hunter were looking for a PvP guild? Probably something along the lines of "why are you talking to me? I don't even know you". However! What if you happened to be the weird type that talks to strangers? Would you make a suggestion of a good guild with fun people in it?! That's ultimately what I'm hoping you will do here today. Myself and two friends are looking for a place to call home and carve up some Alliance rump, so if you need three good Horde look no further! Let me know if your guild is looking or even a good guild I should hit up! Thank you and stay fabulous Wyrmrest!Versera3 8h
9h [H] <Perditio> is now recruiting! <Perditio> is a newly formed guild comprised of former heroic raiders looking to get back in to raiding. We plan on creating a N raiding team for ToS and future raids. As it stands, we do not have a definitive schedule but we raid Saturdays 3pm realm time. This is subject to change as members join and availabilities are made known. We are recruiting ALL classes, specs, and roles! This guild is new player friendly and not trying to be a cutting edge progression guild. All specs welcome regardless of current ranking. We also do frequent m+ and have an active PvP scene, if you're in to that. If you're not 110 yet or have never raided, don't worry! We're here to build you from the ground up. We can assist you and teach you everything you need to know about the end-game and get you geared for the latest content. You can reach me (GM) at krey#1101 or the co-gm at kotasc3#1461Falodras5 9h
9h <The Sunreavers> are recruiting... <The Sunreavers> are done with the Broken Shore campaign. While most agents have returned, many are missing in action and presumed dead. The order needs to replenish their numbers, and are looking for a few good elves. The order is recruiting Sin’dorei only, of certain prefered classes: Mages, Priests, Paladins, Rogues, Warriors and Rangers/Hunters. All new recruits will begin the path of the initiate before being allowed to proceed to Sunreaver Guardian or Sunreaver Sentinel ranks. <The Sunreavers> are primarily focused on strengthening the diplomatic relationship between Quel’Thalas and Dalaran and as such, regular travel between these two locations should be expected. However, we are also an elite unit of highly trained specialists, and our skills are often needed by the Kirin Tor. All new initiates will be subject to training, lessons and daily chores and assignments. Please note that in the week of August 21st to 26th, there will be an event each night for veterans and recruits to meet, learn and work together, leading to an induction ceremony for recruits who have survived the week! The Sunreavers will be present in and around Silvermoon City for the next few weeks. Please feel free to approach members if you seek information, or to enlist. OOC: We are seeking roleplayers only, who are available for event times (5PM on weekdays, 10AM on Saturdays) and who will respect the code of conduct. Please consult our website and familiarize yourself with our vision/code of conduct before approaching an officer.Axiann12 9h
9h [H] Snuggle Bunnies (Late Night Raiding) <Snuggle Bunnies> of Wyrmrest Accord is a late night semi-hardcore raid guild working on progression and in need of more solid raiders to fluff up our core team. We are currently 9/9 N ToS and 7/9 H ToS. We are looking for dedicated TANKS/DPS/ & HEALS 900+ ilevel that can raid Fri/Sat nights at 9:30pm-11:30pm Server Time. We are very active outside of raiding doing M+, occasional battlegrounds, off-night raiding (Sun/Tues nights 9:30pm-11:30pm Server.) For any other inquiries, you can contact one of us in-game (/who snugglebunnies) or add the following on Bnet: GM- RixieBhelle#1426 Senior Officer: Steffiana#1696 Website : http://www.snugglebunnies.net WHAT WE ARE: Group of friends and late night raiders trying to progress through content while also having fun. GOALS: To build a solid raid team, establish teamwork, while making new friends, no strings attached. RECRUITING: Need : Tanks/DPS WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR: Progressive-minded players who ALSO want to see end content while continuing to improve on their class and available for LATE NIGHT RAIDS. Need more team players. While we currently have goals of eventually smashing through content, we are still accepting social members and those wanting to get into raiding, so don't be shy! We still do Mythic Keystones, old raids, BGs, etc.Rixende25 9h
9h Guild Transfer Was thinking of transferring my guild over. We are a Scarlet Crusade themed guild. Is there high demand for such one?Delmorgis14 9h
9h [H] <The Grove> - Social casual guild! <The Grove> Is a social casual guild recruiting any and all Horde players that are interesting in sporting the name! We are a fairly newer guild that had some trouble getting going, but now with a second wind are full of vitality and determination! There are certainly guilds on the server that have more focused interests, but if you're like me and like to do a little bit of everything, then <The Grove> might be the place for you! I want everyone who joins to feel valued and respected, because everyone has a place, and everyone is important. My dream for this guild is to be a haven that boasts a friendly community where any and all are welcome! The idea is that any member can create events centered around anything you want! Like to RP? Set up some events and invite the guild! Enjoy the glory of battle? Start a PvP team! Want do the weekly events? Start a group! I've been in too many guilds where events are only made by staff, and too many guilds where calendars are bare with no communication of events. For some guilds that makes sense, but in <The Grove>, everyone can make events on the calendar! As an individual, you have your own dreams and aspirations. You have your own unique tastes and interests, and your own play-style. Come be apart of a community that values the individual. Come be apart of the forest! If you're interested in joining, all you need to do is message or whisper me in game!Jarashi0 9h
10h [H] <Life> 5/9M LFM <Life> is a tight-knit mythic raiding guild on Wyrmrest Accord. Our three mandatory raid nights are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 6pm to 10pm Pacific. If you cannot make these times with an attendance rate of at least 90%, we will not accept you into our core team. However, if you can somewhat make these hours, consider contacting us about joining as backup and we can try to work something out. Looking to get started with raiding? You’re in the right place, if you have time to make our optional nights, usually Fridays at 6pm, we’ll start teaching and gearing you up for raiding as long as you show dedication and fully commit to our guild. (Logging into Discord, making friends, etc.) If you’re only interested in being a social member in our guild, all we require is a friendly attitude and Discord! Our main focus on recruiting for our core team currently: -Healers- Discipline Priest Holy Paladins -Damage- Hunters Mages Balance Druids Shadow Priest Retribution Paladin Feral Druid Enhancement Shaman Windwalker Monk <Life> was built with an emphasis on family focus more than progression. Our main goals are having a small tight-knit community to socialize and have fun with, while achieving Cutting Edge at a medium pace. That being said, if you’re looking strictly for boss kills and progression, our guild is not for you. <Life>’s environment is extremely laid back, we’re often loud and usually act fairly immature. However, we are never racist, sexist, and we’re LGBT friendly. With that being said, we expect everyone to know when to be serious to reach our goals as a guild. If you’re looking for a very professional, mature, and serious raid team, we are not it. We will joke around and laugh every chance we get while killing bosses. We expect all of our raiders to attempt to progress their character every week to the best of their ability. This currently includes: World Bosses (if applicable), Keystone Dungeons, Artifact Power gain, and most importantly, research on your specialization. If we sound like the right guild for you, head over to our website and toss in an application, if you’re able, we’ll get your trial started on the next raid night. If you have any further questions that are not answered in this post, feel free to contact one of our officers or myself. Guild Master: Infimyst (Myst#1683) Officers: Zerìck (CuartaEspada#1265) || Ithenivash (Vashy#11328) Site: life-wra.shivtr.comInfimyst28 10h
11h The worries of a parent. Today, I had decided to spend a day with my mother and my aunt, and after quite an eventful day, (including finding a lost dog and taking him in to keep safe while looking for his owners,) we began the drive home. During our conversation, I did what I rarely do around her, and brought up world of warcraft as a conversation piece, referencing the time Cannibaal made a post about a similar subject involving a beagle. After a moment, she replied with this: "So... How many friends do you have on there?" "I dunno', a few?" "Like... how many?" "...I don't know, I'm not keeping count." "Like, are they the same group of people, or...?" "No, I just see whoever online and think, "Oh, hey, he's there!" "Like, if you had to give an estimate..." This was odd for her, and it went on for a bit shortly afterward, but once it was clear that I didn't know, the root of her concern suddenly showed itself. "But... has anyone ever asked you where you live, or...?" ...Apparently, my own mother thinks I'm not intelligent enough to recognize a internet predator or scam when I see one, I guess I won't bring WoW into any more familial conversations... Anyone else encounter this kind of conversation?Banrok39 11h
11h [H-RPvP] The Vol'kar Legion ... The Vol'kar Legion is a special operations regiment within the Horde military. It was created shortly after the Siege of Orgrimmar to replace the nefarious Kor'kron Legion, and to help promote total assimilation, to discourage the "master-race" ideals within the Horde. More importantly, it allows any race within its ranks -- even ogres! As long as they call themselves a son or daughter of the Horde, they are allowed on the Vol'kar paygrade. The Legion is currently commanded by Warlord Jan-Mak. ... PREMISE/HISTORY The Vol'kar Legion never fully fledged until after the Iron Horde was defeated. While the occupation of Orgrimmar went splendidly and there was little to no bloodshed to be had, there has to be at least one regiment to garrison as home defense. After the great warriors of the Horde returned home, the Legion went on a complete recruiting overhaul, swelling in size and numbers. Using a strict code of honor and hierarchy, The Legion transformed into a powerful, versatile fighting force that accepts all races of the Horde. While it is nearly two years old, the activity of the Legion remained dormant until December of last year. The soldiers eagerly await the chance to prove themselves underneath the scrutinizing gaze of the Horde. HOW TO JOIN: Simply send in-game mail or a whisper and we shall set up a recruitment interview! All races and classes are accepted, and storyline proposals are mostly accepted as well! Did your toon fight in the Siege of Orgrimmar? Is your toon a military veteran that ran into Jan-Mak on several occasions in the past? The ideas are endless!Buliss299 11h
12h Magic Master Post 2: Magic Harder DISCLAIMER: The thread is solely meant to be a collection of current lore relating to the many varieties of magic in the Warcraft universe. It is not a "how-to". Do not use it to police other people's roleplay. Please, y'all. ~ * Kaz's MAGIC MASTER POST * ~ Curious about how magic works in the world of Warcraft? Wonder no more, the Magic Master Post is here to help! In this thread I will be collecting and compiling lore related to the various types of magic in the Warcraft universe, while doing my best to draw only from approved and hopefully non-contradictory lore sources. But remember, the lore is mutable! Nothing is safe from retcons. Nothing. ---- Cosmology: i.imgur.com/QHxdJkS.jpg Magic in the world of Warcraft is the earthly manifestation of powerful fundamental forces that govern the multiverse. Said forces and the magic associated with them are: Order - Arcane Magic Disorder - Fel Magic Light - Holy Magic Void - Shadow Magic Life - Nature Magic (AKA Druidism) Death - Necromancy The Elements (Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Spirit, and Decay) - Shamanism ---- Arcane is a kind of energy derived from the "phase transitions" of mana, which is itself a kind of vague, undefined energy! Mana has been likened to water; if mana is water, arcane magic is steam pressure. twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/672523313189548032 twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/460606565767081984 wow.gamepedia.com/Arcane ...World of Warcraft: Chronicle, page 10 ...wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev#Ask_CDev_Answers_-_Round_4 ......Tides of War, Christie Golden, page 80 We can infer from all this that mages are able to exploit the phase transitions of mana using incantations/gestures that are somehow mathematical in nature. Dalaranian magi further divide arcane magic into distinct "schools" of study. wow.gamepedia.com/Arcane#The_Schools_of_Arcane_Magic wow.gamepedia.com/The_Schools_of_Arcane_Magic_-_Introduction Note: some of the information in the links above may now be inaccurate. Necromancy was once believed to be a school of arcane magic, but we now know that it is the manifestation of a different universal force; Death, rather than Order. Ley lines are channels of arcane energy that criss-cross Azeroth, which are likely akin to the veins of Azeroth's Titanic world-soul, as Titans are beings of arcane magic. wow.gamepedia.com/Ley_line wow.gamepedia.com/Titan ---- Fel is a corruptive, chaotic energy that originates as a result of the mutual destruction of Light and Void as they collide in the Twisting Nether. A warlock must sacrifice something living in order to draw upon the fel energies of the Twisting Nether, hence fel magic's alternative name: sacrificial magic. Demons contain fel magic, but they are not its source. wow.gamepedia.com/Fel ...World of Warcraft: Chronicle, page 12 ...wow.gamepedia.com/Archive_lore_tweets_from_loreology - March 9, 2014 ...Kathra'Natir, World of Warcraft: The Comic Volume 4 - Whispers Being in the presence of fel magic or fel energies has the potential to be physically and spiritually (cutting one off from the Light, as with the Broken) mutative. ...wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev#Ask_CDev_Answers_-_Round_2 ...wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev#Ask_CDev_Answers_-_Round_3Kazimir13 12h
12h [A] Acceptable Losses LF DPS M ToS Acceptable losses is a guild that was founded in Legion under the principle of fun first, and we've had a lot of success pushing mythic content in legion on a casual schedule and in a casual environment. Most of us are adults with busy lives during the work week, and when the weekend rolls around we like to relax by crushing internet dragons. We don't tell you what, how, or how often to play, we just expect that you play well, have a decent attitude, and do your best to respect the time of the other people in the raid with you. Current and past progression: -3/9 Mythic Tomb of Sargeras -7/7 Mythic Emerald Nightmare -2/3 Mythic Trial of Valor -8/10 Mythic Nighthold Raid times are from 7:30 to 10:30 PST on the following schedule: -Wednesday: optional farm night. This is currently used for normal ToS but will be used for heroic ToS once we break into mythic. We also use this night to trial new recruits. -Friday/Saturday: progression nights. We often provide feasts and cauldrons for progression, but expect people to have their own stuff in case we can't provide. Loot is done by loot council using the addon RCLootCouncil; if you want to trial/raid with us, you must install this addon. The top consideration for getting loot is performance, but attendance is important and we do our best to distribute loot evenly. We are looking for high performing DPS at that as well as a resto shaman that is willing to play a DPS offspec. If you're interested, please contact any member of the guild in game and they can direct you to an officer. You can also contact via btag: Ned#1467 or Twick#1178.Manged32 12h
12h Orc Commission Specialist Changed my mind; gonna do it myself.Borgg7 12h
14h [H - RP] Sunset Caravan Recruitment - CLOSED! Azeroth. Over the countless years our world has existed, she has witnessed not only the rise and fall of civilizations and empires, but also the shift of the very land she holds to things like the Sundering and the Cataclysm. Azeroth has endured much in her short time in the Great Dark, and all of those events have left her rich with mysteries and treasures for those with an eye for adventure. The Sunset Caravan, a recently returning group to the Horde community, seeks to explore Azeroth's bountiful lands in search of all she has to offer - beautiful and perilous as she is, and offer a helping to hand wherever we travel. We welcome anyone seeking adventure, no matter what your calling or skills, to join us as we travel all over Azeroth (and possibly beyond) on our quest. Whether you're a wandering vagabond looking for the next adventure that suits your fancy, a striving archaeologist or treasure hunter searching for your next big discovery, a traveling merchant with wares to spare on the road, or just a citizen from the city seeking the beauty of the outside world, look no further than the Caravan. Together, we can adventure through this world and work together to accomplish our goals, keep the roads a little safer for everyone, and see the wonderful sights along the way. If you see our wagons in your travels, feel free to stop by! And of course, we'll see you all at one of our Caravan community events, but we'll keep our lips sealed on that for right now... We'll see you out there, warriors and adventurers of the Horde, as we ride off into the Sunset. ... If you're looking for our monthly Sunset Market RP Event, head here -> https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758427577 We're happy to be back, and excited to see all of you out there! -Aven and TygraTygraesa81 14h
14h [H-RP EVENT]Sunset Market - Sept. 8th! Greetings citizens of the Horde! Come and join all of us in <Sunset Caravan> at The Sunset Market! An outdoor market RP event with a twist! Each monthly market will relocate to a new city, making each event a unique experience, along with a chance for concentrated world RP! The Market will take place once a month, so be sure to keep your eyes open for the The Sunset Market as it travels across Azeroth! Have you ever gathered materials, crafted amazing hard-to-get items or found incredible treasure only to toss them into your bank and forget about them? Well, now is the perfect time to clear it all out and perhaps even make a profit while you're at it! All of us here in <Sunset Caravan> are inviting every single one of you to come pay us a visit! Whether you want to shop around for a chance at someone having that -one- item you need for your transmog or run your own vendor / recruitment booth to peddle your wares and show off your guilds & talents! Just want to come down and glance around? Maybe make some new friends or business contacts? Well, no market would be complete without patrons! There's room for everybody! Guild Recruiters! There's even a place for you! Come on down and host your own recruitment booth; let everyone know what your guild is all about first hand! Performers! If you happen to be a performance guild, or even an individual, and you'd like to show off your skills at the market, contact me in-game on Tygraesa and we can chit chat about it! ... ATTRACTIONS Booths! Vendors, recruiters, talented individuals! You name it! Opening Ceremony, complete with fireworks! A raffle with fabulous prizes! (All ticket sales and donations will go directly into the next raffle!) Darkmoon Rides! - Because who doesn't love those things?! Food and Drink! Complimentary of course! If you'd like to run your own booth as a vendor,talent or recruiter fill out the outline below and post it in a comment to this post! ... ... ... [About <Sunset Caravan> Website: caravan.enjin.com Recruitment Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20757465716 Contact: Tygraesa via in-game mail/whisper/btag Battle Tag: WonderDragon#11626] ...Tygraesa29 14h
14h Kaldorei RP Ishnu alah friends. Just wondering how the Kaldorei RP scene is doing on WRA. Was thinking about transferring this druid over. Thanks in advance! Andu-Falah-Dor!Jasof6 14h
15h WrA Ruins of Gilneas, what's it for? So i just talked about this in my guilds discord but want to get the populace's opinion on this. What is gilneas used for now? it's such an oopen a perfect city for any event. yes id assume both factions could populate it at once. (since its a factionless city) but is their any nightly, weekly monthly events there? imo, i can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be populated, if there ever was an opportunity to make a bi factional city hub where you could roleplay next to a horde toon as an alliance. or bump into an orc that sparks an all out wpvp brawl over miscommunication that would be it. it'd be a great place to sale your wares as well. the ideas iom having are endless. So in short whats going on with the city? is it possable to make a dead city feel alive again? a place to bring a true to life place where horde and alliance can rp in whatever fashion the wish. tyvm my other posts, MG: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758806587#1 World's end Tavern and RP: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758736559#1 ED: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758726573#1Iraviss45 15h
15h 6 days left, Convince me to stay? 6 days left, Convince me to stay? I picked up a month to see how the game has gone since ive been gone, and I gotta say it hasnt convinced me to stick around. Though being without a guild, friends, purpose has taken its toll. Vet RPer Raider No PvP (shove off)Paoiga15 15h
17h The Burden of Leveling a Class Are there any classes you guys and gals have a -really- hard time leveling, or enjoying? Personally, I have a few. I don't touch Death Knights or Demon Hunters. I've tried them both, I've finished the starting zone for each and I've promptly deleted them. I simply cannot enjoy either class. Priests. I don't think I've ever been more bored of a class before. There's just really nothing exciting about Holy and Discipline specs. I've attempted Shadow, and I abhor the spec. Shaman. The class isn't boring and has some cool spells and background. I have a very hard time leveling them for whatever reason. Warlock. I think my disinterest in warlocks stems from my inability to come up with an interesting backstory that doesn't involve some elements of "evil". Likewise, a good warlock seems wrong as well... What about you? Any classes you have a hard time with? Why?Bradim35 17h
17h [A-RP] <The Wolfheart Coven> is on the hunt! The woods had grown darker than usual, that night. On a regular night it was ominously bleak – even during the day, for that matter, as a result of the shadow which loomed above – but it was darker still during the time of the New Moon when the Mother Moon required her rest. Such a shroud did not worry the denizens of the forest. 'Twas a time of darkness, yes, but also a time of renewal. For the Wolfhearted in particular, they in the forest who followed the Wild God Goldrinn, it was a time of rebirth. They knew the Mother Moon would return with full strength soon enough, just as the Father Wolf had. Often, the New Moon was to be cherished as a time of rest, one often spent with those one cherished, completing tasks left undone, or meditating on that which had transpired during the light of the moon’s wax and wane. Tonight, however... was different. For the sign of the Messenger shone brightly within the sky in Mother Moon's stead. The Spirits had spoken, and there was work to be done. One of the larger males had cut along the palm of his left hand, using the claw of his right. Others watched as he hovered his hand along the circumference of the campfire, his crimson Wolfblood dripping atop searing stones. The drops sizzled – as if with excitement – as they struck the heated stones, soon becoming one with the smoke that ascended through the skeletal canopy. Blood. It was the blood that had granted this tribe – this pack – their strength. The Spirit of the Wild - true purity of essence - flowed through their veins, granting them freedom from their former lives within the stone walls of civil society. Though they knew many of their Brothers and Sisters in Blood sought to deny the call of the wild, the Wolfhearted embraced it. The distant howl of a packmate served to inform those within the Den of the return of those that had set out on a hunt a few hours prior. As the two females came into view, the male by the fire jested it looked as if they wore just as much of the kill as they carried. They were indeed bloodied by the hunt – around their maw and hands most of all – but as the two scolded the male for his remark, it was clear neither of them had taken leave of their senses. Nor were they mindless, as it were. For the Wolfheart Coven lived in the wild - as part of the wild - by choice. The skulls of wolves were soon set around the campfire, decorated with Old runes long forgotten by modern man, with the exception of the few. Each skull would be missing its canines and much of the rest of its teeth. The fangs of these wolves would be found upon each of those present, in the form of a bracelet, a necklace, or some other form of token. Bone. These bones were among the many that decorated their wildling fashion, but these served as one's token of membership within the tribe. The Wolfheart Coven had named themselves so in reverence to He whose fang had started it all. To the world, he is known by many a name. The Father Wolf. The Alpha of Alphas. Lo'Gosh. Goldrinn. Since their initial rebirths, the Worgen had come to know him well. These Wolfen Men, in particular, followed He and the Mother Moon – as well as other great spirits – as gods. The Denmother appeared then, from within a new tent constructed of woven wood and various leathers. Bead and Bone rattled as she passed through the veil hanging from the doorway and walked across the barren earth to examine the fire. The surrounding land had been through much, and it was for this reason the ritual was to be performed. She sniffed the rising smoke once, then reaching into her cloak to provide the next ingredient. Root. Just as many witches had before her, she added the gathered roots to the fire. It was with her guidance – and that of the Alpha – that his particular pack would adopt what was now known to the humans as The Old Ways. Although these Wildlings embraced their new lives, their former heritage was not to be forgotten. Quite the opposite, as it was the Old Ways which had guided them in communing with spirits long forgotten. It served as their foundation. For it was known, a people without knowledge of their heritage or origin was akin to a tree without his roots. The Alpha appeared then, emerging from the maw of a great cave. He carried with him a series of small rocks, each bearing the mark of a different rune or glyph carved into its surface. A Worgen half his height – perhaps an adolescent – followed him out, carrying a few himself. An adult followed as well, offering to carry some, but the Alpha refused. Stone. The Wild’s wisdom was not all they had inherited. Strength and strong will was common among their kin, as much as fury and passion. It was this that aided in the defense of one's home, and the protection of one's family. The stones belonged not to the Alpha, nor to any of them. Not truly. It was theirs to protect, as the shepherds and guardians of their territory.Raedolf46 17h
18h Favorite IC vacation spot? Where do your characters go when they want some rest and relaxation? What hobbies to they enjoy? Where might they retire one day?Axiann26 18h
20h (A) Looking for Guild to explore Hello! Returning player after a very....very very....very very very long hiatus. I've missed a lot of content and I really want to explore all the old stuff. I played WAAAAAY back during the Wrath of the Lich King and even then I didn't play very long. Life changes and I'm now getting back into it but I'm not interested in just getting top gear (yet) I really want to explore the stuff I missed. I want to fight Deathwing in Cataclysm, I want to explore the shores of Pandaria in the Mists of Pandaria and I want to fight the Iron horde in the Warlords of Draenor. I do want to explore Legion and all it has to offer too but I haven't purchased yet (planning too). I've had a chance to see some of the new stuff and I've been loving it but WoW is a game that flourishes when you have people to play with. I would like to find a Guild that would like to explore old content with me, perhaps a bit of Role Playing, and just have fun. Ultimately I will want to get the latest expansion and Raid, Mythic or whatever it is people do at level 110 but first I want to see what I have missed. I mainly played healers or ranged DPS back in the day and I still love it. I'm currently running around as a Priest in Draenor on the Wyrmrest Accord Server.Jaharr2 20h
20h [A] <Steelgrasp Brigade> Dwarven RP Guild ... The Steelgrasp Brigade is looking to fill our ranks with quality players to broaden our ability to cover more content! We aspire to grow and make some new friends along the way! Who we are: We are a primarily Dwarven military RP guild with a heavy focus on crafting. We have players interested in all facets of the game including rp, pvp, pve, and combinations of these. Though our roster is mostly filled with Dwarves, all Titan-born races (Dwarves, Gnomes, and Humans) are welcome! What we do: The Steelgrasp Brigade are one of several major contributors to the Dwarven Community (A.K.A. The Mead Hall). We currently run all sorts of content with this fantastic group of players, as well as contribute to the collective pool. As a part of "The Mead Hall", we host occasional RP-PVP events, participate in the on-going raids, and continue to host fine events such as the occasional Dwarven Moot and the Ironforge Craft Fest. We run weekly RP events, including but not limited to, a couple of different /roll event campaign storylines, one-off rp missions, weekly in-character training drills, and a pub that is open to anyone (A.K.A. The Steel Pub in Anvilmar, Sundays at 6PM). If you are interested in joining, please fill out an application on our website at: http://clan.steelgrasp.shivtr.blue If you are from a Horde guild and would like to contact us about setting up some world rp-pvp, please message Steelgrasp, Crura, Grimgnir, Villmarr, Velkard, or Bathildis in game. Thanks!Bathildis130 20h