Wyrmrest Accord

Oct 12, 2014 Who To Boost Hey there, I'm back again with another question for the community because I'm having a hard time deciding! I need to figure out what to use my free boost on, and I want it to be something that complements my current core of classes. Currently I have a: 90 Shaman 90 Death Knight 90 Paladin 85 Druid 80 Hunter (Herald alt) Considering what I lack in regards to professions, armor types, and roles across my characters, I lean heavily towards picking up a cloth wearing class, so either a mage, priest, or warlock. I did consider a monk since the hand-to-hand fighter theme interests me, but everything I have so far is either strictly melee or played as melee. Something that is ranged dps almost exclusively would be a nice complement to my current arsenal. Additionally, I enjoy both PvE and PvP and want to choose a viable and competitive class for both. However, I do have some qualifications and since I'm not well versed in these classes, particularly how they'll perform in WoD, I'd like to hear the recommendations you all have. With that, here are my qualifications: Regardless of which I choose, my main spec will be dps, although I MAY consider dabbling in healing. If rolling a mage, arcane and/or fire must be as competitive or better than frost, because I will not play frost. If rolling a warlock, I'd prefer to be demonology or destruction over affliction, but I do not know exactly how each spec plays out. If rolling a DoT class, it must not be terribly complicated or highly demanding in order to get barely competitive results. I'm here to smash faces, not to play chess. If rolling a DoT class, multi-dotting must not be too arduous a task in order to be competitive, i.e. having to tab target and spam my rotation on each mob. If rolling anything, its dps role must be a sought after and a competitive addition to arena and RBG teams. If rolling anything, I prefer fast paced, bursty classes with a good amount of utility. Enhancement shamans, retribution paladins, and feral druids are good examples of this from my experience. Unfortunately I know the least about the cloth classes, so getting feedback from you all would be immensely beneficial, especially as it pertains to WoD. So with that all said, what should I roll, Wyrmrest? Which clothy would be the best fit for me to boost, or should I go and boost a monk instead? Thanks for reading. :)Xoxaa7 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 People who RP: Is it weird at all? We're mostly adults that are pretending to be other people while the other people know we're pretending to be other people and are also pretending to be other people with us. This is weird and I think there are motives behind this. In a serious face, we have a lot of discussions about our characters but not too many conversations about why we made the decision to roleplay what we do. What inspired you to make the characters that you have? How seriously do you take character creation? Is it an answer or a counter to an archetype? How seriously do you take your character while forming their backstories and personalities? How much of your character is actually you in disguise? What are your skeezy motives for roleplaying what you do?Loreynna36 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 [H-RP] A Return My first attempt at really writing out a RP story, hopefully not too bad. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Cryaisa was once again sprinting through the forest. It was beginning to seem to be all she ever did anymore was run. Constantly hounded by the bounty hunters out trying to collect the bounty that had been on her head for several years. She could hear the footfalls behind her, not catching up but not falling behind either. She had thought staying in the forests of the Hinterlands she could live out her life in peace, yet once again they had found her. As she ran her past began to come to mind, bits and pieces of the things that had landed her at this point. Remembering back in the days when the Horde had been battling the Lich King in Northrend. She had focused more on defending the Horde's holdings in the on the homefront, alongside her comrades, they had called themselves Killswitch at the time She recalled leading troops into the Alliance capitols as well as numerous raids on some of the smaller villages, and launching assaults on Stormwind itself. Her life had been nothing but death and destruction. Then it came, the day she had dreaded, her older brother, Laorik, had been killed in battle in Northrend. He had fallen fighting the Lich King. Luckily his body was retrieved and brought home before it was turned into one of the mindless undead. It was at that time she decided she had had enough. After approaching her own commanders and discussing the matters with them, she stepped down from her own leadership role and dissolved the team she had formed and left the life behind. While she knew she had a bounty on her head due to her acts against the Alliance she never thought they would pursue her for so long. After all these years she was tired of running, she just wanted to be left alone and live in peace. But apparently they weren't going to allow that. Something in her head finally snapped, a grim determination and a realization dawned on her as she ran. The life she had hoped to leave behind would never leave her, it was who she was. She would either have to embrace what she had been or spend the rest of her life on the run. Suddenly she sidestepped behind a tree and stopped in her tracks, she heard the footsteps of the men behind her, there were two of them following her. She drew her daggers, her well oiled sheaths soundlessly releasing them, and crouched down. The footsteps began to slow down, they suspected something. Then the first one stepped into sight, without a sound Cryaisa snaked a hand around his neck pulling him in front of her and spinning out from the tree, a throwing knife appearing in her right hand that flew almost instantly as she stood. The blade landed square in the second mans chest and he dropped immediately, dead. She twisted her hand and snapped the other mans neck. She was good at this...perhaps too good. She looked off into the distance in the direction of Silvermoon City, her true home. It was time to come out of the shadows, time to return to the Horde, time for retribution against the Horde's enemies, time to remind the Alliance of who she was, and leave more of their soldiers like the two at her feet. She took the first step toward home and back towards what she was meant to be.Cryaisa0 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 PvP Invitation: Wintergrasp Battle When: Saturday, October 11th, 2014 5PM server time. Where: Wintergrasp, Northrend Contacts: Alliance- Thane Horde- Dawnblood Additional Information: Greetings. If you joined us for our last event in Halaa, then you already have a pretty good idea of how Dawnblood and I will run this. For those unaware: This is a coordinated battle, with leaders designated on each side. Dawn and I will be in contact over battletag througout the event. We will make certain calls, (ie. To pull back and regroup or let the other side rez and regroup, to go in, etc.) The goal will be to have an extended battle that can cover some of the various areas within Wintergrasp. Meaning, we will make calls for terrain changes, so people can earn kills in now normally vacant areas for their WG achievements. The event will likely encompasse an actual game of Wintergrasp. The sides are both encouraged to play it out the best they can, and our pre-planned battles can continue afterwards, with everyone regrouping under their faction coordinator. Please Note: While Dawnblood and I will do our best to keep things organized, sometimes the raids get full and other groups come to join in outside of our raids. We can try to coordinate with those teams, but there is no telling. Otherwise, we will do our best to get as many people for each side as we can. This encounter is meant to be all in good, fun PvP, so good sportsmanship is requested on all parties involved, whether they fit into our raids or not. If you are interested, let the contact for your faction know here, or in game, so we can add you to our calendar invite blocks. All heroes welcome! Regardless of their experience, gear, or even level!Thane57 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Silver Challenge Modes The mad rush is on. Obviously many people need this but few are prepared to take the initiative and start the group. I will be on all weekend and Monday. If you know what you are doing and have some CM experience send me a msg and lets do this!Corumgoth0 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Stranded in Draenor? So! While we're all sure we'll get a portal by lvl cap that lets us travel back to our own Azeroth, plot line seriously suggests these portals would be for resupplying and reinforcement emergencies. These things aren't for weekend leave to "get away and take a break and socialize". In Light of this, I'm curious how many of us will be RPing as "stuck" in Draenor. It's certainly the LOGICAL thing to do, but I know people are going to be reluctant to leave their "rp homes" of SMC and Stormwind behind-- even if just for the first few months of the expansion, much less most or all of it.Valestia44 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Looking For An Apprentice Hello my fellow Warcrafters! For those of you who do not know I play the character known publicly as Arius Light-mantle. If the name didn't give it away my character is a follower of the Holy Light, in specific he is a paladin. Having played the paladin class for a very long time and my character experiencing many things I have decided that I would like to pass on my unique perspective on the Light to a single individual to ensure my character's legacy. In other words I feel it is due time that my character take on an apprentice. Someone that my character can teach not only his interpretation of the Light and his understanding of what it means to be a paladin, but someone I can teach roleplay etiquette to. For that reason I am actually looking for a person who is a beginner roleplayer and is interested in learning how to roleplay a high elven or human paladin with a unique perspective on the Light that will set you apart from the typical fields. Arius' interpretation of the Light and what it means to be a paladin will at first seem similar to some mindsets of groups you have maybe heard of. I.e. the Scarlet Crusade and Knights of the Silver Hand. These groups do share a lot of similarities with Arius' ideals, which isn't all to surprising if you take into consideration that my character has been involved with both groups at points in his life. However, he is no longer a Knight of the Silver Hand, nor is he a member of the Scarlet Crusade and this is because he has an additional belief system that really adds a new sort of meaning to what is truly means to be a paladin. However, I digress. Having traveled far and wide Arius has had the opportunity to study the Cult of Forgotten Shadow and after understanding their way of life and perception he has seen that some of it makes a great deal of sense. Now for those of you who know what the Cult of Forgotten Shadow is you might be thinking, “what kind of paladin studies shadow?” My answer is, what kind of paladin doesn't? Arius is a firm believer of understanding your enemy, understanding the opposite side. Knowing how they think can help you defeat them. When my character delved into their philosophy he noticed that not all of it was exactly wrong and if mixed with the tenets of the Church of Holy Light a stronger follower of the Light or Shadow depending on what parts of each you took could be created. Since I have done that my character and my own mind have expended exponentially, opening me to an understanding of the Light and Shadow that I feel other roleplayers and their characters do not have – in my experience that is. That being said, I know for any beginner roleplayers who read this these names might seem strange to you so I'll just say that you'll have the opportunity to learn all about these organizations and others, which brings me to my next topic. Training under Arius will make your character more than just a practitioner of the light. You will have the chance to learn under a philosopher and scholar, possibly having your character become one themselves. You will obtain vast knowledge on many subjects, traveling all over Azeroth and learning to question everything and search for answers. Your character will learn creative ways to wield the Light and how to think many steps ahead and plan. They will be taught rhetoric on the level of a sophist, but also be taught how to speak clearly for all to understand. Your character will be shown how to lead on and off the battlefield, make hard choices, and learn an additional tenet that you won't see in any holy organization. That is my character has made a new tenet that he has labeled sacrifice. My character has such a vast amount of knowledge to share which can help you provide exciting roleplay for others and make you a lot of good friends.Xaligos1 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Siege Workshop III. Siege Engine Daily ? Anyone have any information on this? Having a tier 3 Bunker/Siege Shop gives you a once a day Siege Vehicle. What are we talking about? A little robot siege engine like from Grizzly Hills? A Catapult like WG? Demolisher? Siege Engine with Cannons? I would like a Siege Engine that isn't gimmicky, Something that has some use in a world group. Like a light tank kinda thing? Something not Overpowered but adds a fun touch to the game. Perhaps something with 1 Extra Seat for those of us that like to level with a friend.Kiethoo0 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 zug zug zugBenestria15 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Computer Tech Halp pls. So, my computer died about a month ago. Sadly, I want to find a cheap decent gaming computer that will run WoW at a decent rate. Looking for something less then 900 bucks. The withdrawal is so bad. ;-; Any suggestions would be good!Wisdöm5 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 [H] Re-rolled and Boosted, LF Guild 7 year WoW veteran with multiple 90s who's looking for a fresh start in Warlords. I have switched to Horde after playing Alliance since the beginning, and I have decided to re-roll and boost on Wyrmest Accord after languishing on lower pop servers for too long. RP servers seem to have the sense of community that existed years ago, which other servers lack. I'm also a recovering alt-a-holic, so this will help me to focus on my main for a bit. I'm a Resto Druid with a Balance offspec who's looking for a guild that will be running dungeons and eventually raid content in Warlords. I prefer to spend my in-game time with a group rather than solo, and I was quite happy to be part of dungeon groups with launch of Cataclysm. When it comes to raiding, I am not looking to be on the bleeding edge, but I would like a guild that focuses more on downing the bosses than filling a group. I'm all for some light to medium RP as well. Haven't seen too many recruiting posts, but I'm hoping to find a home soon. Hit me up here or in game!Ruutaar0 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 Running of the Gnomes 2014! The fifth annual Running of the Gnomes will be held on Scarlet Crusade-US Alliance Side on October 11th, 2014. (Where else would we hold such an event?) Starting in the gnome starting area at 8pm EST/7pm EST/5pm PST! That’s race start time, so show up a bit early, get your tabard, and get a guild invite to one of our racing guilds, so we can do a head count of gnomes! What is this? Why? What? Gnomes? Running of The Gnomes 2014 will benefit the Cleveland Clinic, and the creators of the Touhy Vaccine that is attempting to work it’s way to human clinical trials so they can get the vaccine out to the public. Back in 2009, Skakavaz and I came up with the idea to turn SeeD’s tabards pink for the month of October. It was a huge hit with our guild, and at the time, several other guilds on our sever were doing similar things. In 2010 we decided to put together a fun “little” run, with some friends and guildies where we would run from the gnome/dwarven starting area to the end, and play some games and then have a party at the end, and raise some money for charity. We expected at most 40-50 gnomes. 140 showed up!! Why gnomes? The whole idea was to raise money for breast cancer, and gnomes were one of the few races with pink hair making it easy for everyone to rock the pink look on a low level character, and the idea of small change and a small gnomes doing big things was appealing. Every year, we turn our tabards pink, people roll new little gnomes, last year in 2013 we had about 1,000 gnomes show up, and raised $1,305.00! Our goal this year yet again is $1,500 and we hope to meet or beat it! How does a bunch of gnomes and pink tabards do anything for breast cancer? October is breast cancer awareness month. We get that we’re sugar coating something that can be devastating for people with cute gnomes to open up a conversation, but for a good reason: Everyone’s been affected by cancer of some form. And breast cancer can affect our moms, sisters, girlfriends, teachers, best friends, coworkers, guildies, and something that we point out yearly, effects even the men in our lives. One of the worst parts is that all around us there are so many people playing the game who are young who don’t even think about checking themselves, right age to be going to go get their regular mammograms and are putting them off for whatever reason. We feel even if the pink tabards or all these gnomes remind even just one person to check themselves to get a mammogram or encourage that family member to go in to the doctor who’s been putting it off we’ve done our job for the year. Even if it’s just one person, that’s enough. Basically it’s really hard to miss around 1,000 gnomes doing anything, let alone 1,000 gnomes with the same colored hair stampeding through half a continent. Hopefully we do start discussions! But, just in case people miss the conversations,we’re also raising money along the way, and encouraging members of the community to open up discussion about getting screening to prevent and catch all forms of cancer. What do I have to do to participate? Easy! Roll a gnome on Scarlet Crusade, give it pink hair, give it a cheeky name or a name that means something to you (We love tasteful jokes, but please nothing vulgar.) or any name at all, and on the day of the event, Tatayana and friends will give you an invite to one of our two “Racing Guilds” (Gnomies are too low to participate in raids, so this is our work around to getting a head count.) Show up early, and we’ll give you tabards, and people hanging out from various other servers. Yet again we’ll be racing to Booby, er, Booty Bay, and if we can, this year, our goal yet again is a heart! The first year wasn’t so bad, last year was super hard, and I’m hoping this year we can fill the entire top of the roof with our heart!! We look forward to seeing familiar faces, people from last year and the year before (did you know you can tell how long racers have been racing by their ranks in the guild?) and new people this year, to raise awareness, and to join us for this fun event! Bring your friends, bring your guild, bring your whole server!!Tatayana25 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 LFG - 9/9 Gold CMs - Ally side Looking for a group willing to take my Main ally character which is my main alt - Through a 9/9 Gold CM run. I have 9/9 G CM experience as per my Troll priest on Kil'Jaeden - I do not have the gold to buy them, and am willing to run with a group to get them all cleared out no matter how long it takes. I would be Shadow priesting it up, as I did on my Troll priest. If you know somebody or want to set up a group let me know, Via email - Rudderness@hotmail.com I currently am at work and looking for a run within the next day or two, after work. It is currently 1:09 pm my time and I am home at 7pm. Thanks ~RudderRudder0 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 Blood Knight Field Training (H-RP Event) ((Before I say anything, let me say that, yes, the upcoming patch has been taken into consideration for this event.)) ~Fliers have been posted at the Hall of Blood in Silvermoon City and elsewhere around the cities of the Horde.~ "An Extended Field Training Exercise for Blood Knight Initiates & Adepts is to be held the 12th through 19th of the month. Contact Knight-Master Valestia Cloudbreaker for details." ((OOC Info)) This is an event aimed at bringing some Blood Elf paladins who may not have interacted before together in a week long series of social gatherings and loosely D&D based combat RP scenarios. Four nights of the event will be focused on interaction between the knight students in a base camp setting, and the other four on RP combat events. For the safety of your toons, and against the need to use a raid or two for the events, a lvl requirement of at least 60 has been set for this event series. Pst or mail Valestia in-game for calendar invites and specific info on the place/time of the upcoming week's events. Thanks, all!Valestia0 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 Dragon Age for free on Origin If you've somehow missed this great game for a couple years ago, you can pick it up for free right now on Origin and it's yours for good. While I don't believe it comes with any of the DLC, which is pretty solid as well, it's an outstanding base game. Now I'll go start breakfast and wait for people to start crying about EA/Origin, but if you can tolerate these things and haven't played it, it's well worth your time.Quintus21 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 [A] Resto Shaman Looking for WoD Raid Guild Hey everyone, how’s it going. I’m Monet and it’s nice to meet you. I’m a fairly new resident of Wyrmrest Accord and I’m looking for a home (guild) for WoD. To be more specific, I’m looking to find a guild with a solid raid team that is planning to somewhat casually move their way through WoD normal content and into through WoD Heroic content weekly. I’m not against pushing some Mythic late in the tier, however I am by no means looking for a hardcore progression guild. Raid team and guild size isn’t a deal breaker with me (especially since raids are becoming size flexible), however I do much prefer smaller tight-knit groups as opposed to full 25+ member raid rosters. At the moment I’m really hoping to remain a healer, but I am not opposed to carrying a dps offspec for those moments when the raid demands it. A guild that RP’s in addition to raiding is a plus, however lack of RP is by no means a turn off. I’d very much rather find a raiding guild and RP on my own than join an RP guild that falls short when it comes to maintaining a weekly raid. While I’m pretty open in a lot of aspects, my main restriction is going to be my play time. I am only able to raid on the weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and would prefer to raid only one or two of those three days. Anyway I think that about covers the basics of what I’m looking for, but if anyone has any questions for me or wants to chat, feel free to contact me in game via tell or mail. Thanks so much and I look forward to finding a new home and great friends. :D TLDR: I’m a resto shaman looking for a small but consistent raid team to move through WoD Normals and WoD heroics on weekends.Monet9 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 LF a guild to call home Does anyone know a guild that has some militaristic plot or thematic for an old seadog like me? I also have to ask who is this Ephie; I was RPing in SW when Horde invaded and everyone on the chat started to talk bad things about her. Thank you. /saluteWright2 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 RP Healing on LFRP! Come join Tarcanus, Lyrinel and Turwinkle on the Looking for Role Play podcast this week as we talk about RP healing! We look at all types and some great ideas for Role Play in regards to healing in-game! We have special guest Agnes Yardley of the White Sigil guild on Turwinkle Talks as well as a fantastic Lryinel's Lore segment on The Light. We have Tarc's Tales and more! So come and join the LFRP crew as we discuss RP healing this week! lookingforroleplay.tumblr.comTurwinkle0 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 The Covenant of Role-Players I made this in the World's End Tavern for, hopefully, a vast majority of RPers to follow and better create a positive and friendlier environment in the RP community. I want to thank Huatar and Zandrae for the idea. Read and/or sign the original here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14729493902Canniibal0 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 (H) Dragonhawk Racing ... Dragonhawk racing is one of the more secretive vices among the Sin’dorei, and as tensions ease up on the war front after the siege, those who have spent most of their lives lusting for speed, thrills and challenges may have, in the more recent weeks, had their attention drawn to a sudden rise in spottings of uniformed racers, curious looking dragonhawks with unique stripes and markings - and may have overheard discussions of races and new tracks opening up. Digging through the whispers and false leads, those dare devils and thrill seeking speed junkies may very well find themselves among family, and rivals - should they make the cut, of course - because while any can ride - few can race. Those willing to take up the challenge have an interesting opportunity before them now.. providing they have the guts. OOC: Starting after 6.0.2 (when we can finally use flying mounts as ground mounts in places like Quel'Thalas (still no air flying =/ *coughs*), I'll be throwing up races on a variety of tracks - offering the chance for daring racers to take to the skies, competing for titles, gold and the ultimate title of champion. The Roleplay is based off of a simple stat sheet, allowing racers to divide up fifteen points into four categories, of their choice, on a character sheet. The combination you choose will affect your times on the tracks, and while you may think you have the best number set - every single track is unique, and changes with each race, making the game more about choice than learning the numbers. The point is to keep the racers focused on the roleplay, leaving Race Masters to handle the math and boring bits. Races will be open to the public to spectate, and all are encouraged to cheer on their favorite racers, or heckle (politely) their favorite's rivals. We'll be starting off small to begin with; but the track mechanics are designed to allow upwards of twenty five racers at once - so we definitely have more room to grow! As racers advance through the tiers, new tracks will be made accessible, providing new challenges - and inspiring new rivalries. Down the road, as more and more join in, we'll be allowing teams to form - so your guild can compete against others, adding a whole new element to the experience! ...Baranthore5 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 [A] A Gathering of the Pack Duskwood was quiet. Birds slumbered in their nests and the sparse humans that populated the area had gone to bed long ago. The chirping of insects was the only sound that penetrated the darkness. Dew had begun to form on the grass and myriad foliage of the forest. The droplets of water stuck to Alarac's black fur as the Worgen stalked through the dense trees. He glanced at a clawed hand. The fur on his knuckles was graying. He'd seen his reflection recently enough to know that the same could be said for the fur on his snout and behind his ears. He was getting old. Thirty years ago, before the Orcs had come storming through the Dark Portal, Alarac had been sure that he would be young forever. His prime would never leave, surely, not for a soldier has skilled as he. He'd always had money and access to the best weapons and armor. His father had been a Lord of Gilneas, after all. One of the nobles. Alarac stepped out of his father's shadow during the First War, where he proved himself a powerful warrior and cunning commander. Now, though...after years of fighting. Fighting Orcs, fighting the Horde, fighting the Northgate Rebels, fighting the Worgen. Succumbing to the "curse." And now? Deathwing and his minions, the Sha, the Yaungol and the Mogul. He was tired of war. Alarac stepped through a thicket and into a clearing to the south of Darkshire. They had come. They were waiting for him. Worgen. Quiet as a bleeding wound, they watched him, eyes glowing in the darkness. Even in ink of the night, he could make out differences in their appearances. Brown fur, black fur, white fur. Some had scars on display for the world to see. Others, he was sure, hid theirs deeper than the surface. They were waiting for him to speak. To explain why he'd put out the call. Some had come out of curiosity. Some had come because they wanted to see the one who dared call on the scattered Worgen of Azeroth. To measure him. Alarac did not keep them waiting. "Brothers. Sisters. My name is Alarac Stonehearth. I was a Lord of Gilneas, before the wall went up. I kept the title until the Forsaken came crashing through the gates." No one said anything. For all the eyes that were locked on him, the night was just as silent as it had been before. "I called you here because we have a unique opportunity before us. Hellscream has been deposed as Warchief of the Horde. The Mogul threat has been quashed. The Alliance find itself, for now, at peace." He continued, "This peace will not last. It cannot. The world that we live in is too volatile, too chaotic for anything but strife. The question I post to you is this: "Who do you want at your back when the next threat arises?" Alarac let the thought sink in for a moment. "Do you want Genn Greymane, who sits at the right hand of the King of Stormwind, while the rest of our people are sequestered in Darnassus? The Dwarves or the Gnomes, who have never had any interaction with us, any need for us, outside of wartime? The Dranei? Those blue aliens that share a home-world with the Orcs that have given us no end of grief?" "Or," he asked, his voice rising, "do you want to be surrounded by others like you? Loyal brothers and sisters with the same physical and mental and magical gifts that you possess?" "Do you want some flimsy Alliance, made up of mewling diplomats and grovelling politicians? Or do you want your brothers and sisters? Your family. Your pack."Alarac33 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 Looking for a guild to tag along with... but not join. I need something to do while my guild takes a little break. A more public RP for this month would also work.Merinos0 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 The Thread in Which I Discovered Something... I was asked to house-sit out at ho-dunk nowhere while the owners took a vacation to BFE Beach, Alabama. Upon arrival, I discover that the sink isn't fully connected, so water going down the drain dumps into a bucket that needs emptied, the house creaks and groans, the hinges squeak, and every little problem you could imagine with a house is there. Left with $100 "For Food", I set out on a mission. I visited every hardware store I knew, mom and pop + chain stores included, and spent $105 on materials. The owners returned home today to find their plumbing is fixed, the doors don't squeak, the house doesn't groan as loudly, and problematic drafts are sealed. I explained the situation and how I survived off $80 for food for a week (Thank God for college prep) and used their money to fix things. I was paid $500 for my services. So in a nutshell, I found that when I'm left without internet, a 3DS, and a finite amount of data for my phone... I get $#^% done. TL;DR, I'm pretty gifted with working with my hands. THAT WAS MY WEEK AWAY FROM YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. *cracks open a beer* HOW WAS YOUR WEEK? Alternatively, what nifty little things have you learned about yourself that you didn't even know?Thokk7 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 @Snake Please, give me that name. I love it. I play the games since MSX, I have completed some in "Big Boss" (the latest rank), I have an action figure of Solid Snake... I'm one of the biggest fans of Metal Gear in this world. Please, give it to me. I have so many ideas. if you know someone that has this character, please tell me. Thanks, Scott SnakeScott23 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 Patch on Tuesday http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/16296588/patch-602-the-iron-tide-crashes-into-azeroth-october-14-10-9-2014Kirsey63 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 Turwinkle talks to The Magpies Folly! Hi-ho folks! Turwinkle is back in a brand new episode with the special guests, the guild called The Magpies Folly! A fun Horde side, treasure hunting guild! Come and learn all the ins and outs to this fantastic RP guild! We learn what they are all about, how to get into the guild, what events they do and what the members enjoy about being in the guild! So grab a soda, your favorite snack and cuddle up to all the Turwinkle and The Magpies Folly guild! :D http://youtu.be/m1RFE54MfZYTurwinkle4 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 LF 9/9 CM Gold I am a 514 RET Paladin Looking to run 9/9 CM mode Gold for the armor. Haveing not personally don any of them, but I have studied up completely and know my role well. My schedule usually works best in mornings, or late evenings due to job demands. Did I mention I would pay 13k to the whole group for running with me/ carrying me? (that's literally all I got) You can whisper me anytime I am on if you are interested.Lùke12 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 Chopper Racing Ever since I got my chopper, I've been blazing trails on the ground in various locations just to goof around due to having nothing productive to do. I've done it enough that I've even been dreaming up some race circuits, for some reason. Now, I know that there's only like, 2 or 3 ways you can pull off such an idea, but would anyone on here be interested in the possibility of a chopper racing circuit? Or any mount racing circuit, for that matter. Completely grounded and such? If sufficient interest is shown, I could scout out some good 'tracks' for both Alliance and Horde sides, and work on a way to make such a thing happen!Torikushi4 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 [A] Recidivus 2 : Electric Boogaloo R E C I D I V U S True Neutral RP-PvE Guild www.recidivus.net What are we, you ask? We're nothing. We don't exist. There's no affiliation, no grand scheme or brotherhood of arms. We're a home for the homeless and the unaccepted, a place for someone who wants a different direction in life. We take the long road to righteousness or avoid it completely. We understand that there are two sides to every coin. We are researchers of the obscure. We are teachers of the unspoken. We are students of an absolute freedom. We heed the call for heroes and a light in the darkness when Azeroth lies in the shadow of Garrosh's wrath. We protect our Majesty's lands from the invading Horde, regardless of our political view. We don't all think alike and our motivations may be different, but we're all here for the same purpose. To defend the pact we've made to our land, to our children, to our family, and to our King. Open your mind to the possibilities. There's more to life than the blind following the blind. === Recidivus is a small group of mature and talented players looking for more than just a night at the bar. We value our camaraderie like we value our role play, and neither of the two will be any less important or integral to guild cohesion. From old veteran paladins to tree-hugging night elves to angry mid-aged warlocks, our character personalities are as diverse as the players themselves, and we encourage both originality and an open mind. There is no theme in this guild, and no set plot. You chose your own destiny and the characters you befriend! Sense of humor is a must! Don't just be good at what you do; Thrive at it. === What We Are: In-Character, Recidivus is a conglomeration of characters from all walks of life and backgrounds. We are a true-neutral guild with chaotic leanings. We are a guild of the morally gray, and those who's compasses don't always point north. Our characters are as alive as ourselves, living their lives on Azeroth from day to day. Both friends and enemies live and breathe under the same banner. Nothing is planned, and anything can happen! Out of character, we are a group of close friends and players who include everyone regardless of race, creed or interests. From PvE to PvP, all forms of gameplay are encouraged regardless of a player's prior experience. We strive to maintain an environment that fosters and participates in all aspects of World of Warcraft, including completing players' personal achievement goals. You aren't just a number in Recidivus. You're a person, and you won't ever be left out if you're actively participating. === GUILD GOALS: - Be a positive, driving force in the community. - Encourage member creativity and helpfulness. - Harbor a a lore-abiding environment for all role players to thrive in. - Create regular events for all members to participate with. RAID TEAM: We ARE building up a team for 4.5 flex raiding. Every class and spec is still being accepted and we'll be gearing everybody up as-needed, so the earlier you get in the better! If you're already in a guild but would still like to raid, we'll be more than happy to provide a place for you. Got an idea? All members are rewarded for hosting their own events! --- Contact Information: Guild Master: Vincentus Officers: Thorynas - Esel - Solmeira - Saehri Website: http://www.recidivus.netEsel94 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 [H] Stormborn Productions needs Crew Members! A grey poster with black writing lines the noticeboards and posts throughout Orgrimmar, Silvermoon, Undercity, and Thunder Bluff. ... ((OOC)) Alright! So! Our first event will be the horde-side 13 Days of Hallow's End events, as found here! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13679267919 This guild will be a light to medium RP guild. Alts are completely acceptable. Small guild events will be held once or twice a week, with attendance optional. The only time the RP will be really heavy and attendance more necessary is the week before an event, and the event itself. We plan on hosting one big public event and one small public event a month, sometimes more, depending on the holidays. Of course, if we get a lot of interest and many recruits, we can up the RP amount and number of events we do! Otherwise, we understand everyone has mains, other guilds, and tight IRL schedules. What we really need right now is a crew that can dedicate themselves to events. Our open ranks right now are: Staff Entertainers Caterers Security I may add more info to this original post, along with a list of events, which I will update regularly. If you're interested in putting an alt in our guild to try out, or have a toon you feel would be great for this, please message me in-game! Future Events 13 Days of Hallows End: October 18th-October 31st.Shaysinn27 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 [A] End of the Line (Mason Storyline) INT. FRONT OFFICE, STORMWIND STOCKADE - NIGHT The entrance to Stormwind's prison is much more refined than in the days of the riots. UNIFORMED SOLDIERS stand guard at each entrance, while a variety of other MILITARY WORKERS sit at their desk, some conversing amongst each other. Not BARMEN FERN, however. The middle-aged man handles the FRONT DESK, QUILL gripped in hand as he scribbles away at a PIECE OF PARCHMENT. A BLUE CLOAKED FIGURE steps into the room, drawing the attention of the soldiers standing guard. Underneath her hood, her chin tilts to each one flanking. Is this where they stop her? Apparently not, the woman continuing forward until she reaches the desk. Barmen: Are you hear to visit, or report a crime? Cloaked Woman: Neither. Barmen glances from his work, scowling tightly. Barmen: Wasting an officials time then? Or are you lost? There is a pause before the woman speaks again. She takes a DEEP BREATHE, shaking her head. Cloaked Woman: No. I know exactly where I am. Barmen STOPS SCRIBBLING, going stiff. He looks directly toward the woman's face. Something isn't right. Barmen: Well? What is it? The Woman bites down on her bottom lip, REVEALING A GAP IN HER FRONT TOOTH. She takes another step forward, LANTERN LIGHT falling against her face and giving us a look at TWO DEEP SCARS in her chin. Her hands rise, PULLING DOWN HER HOOD. VESTHARA NECTARLOS is revealed, RED PATCH drawn over her right eye. She stares straight into Barmen, LIGHTLY TREMBLING as her next words come out FLAT and EMOTIONLESS. Vesthara: My name is Vesthara Nectarlos. I am... I was the leader of the group known as The Red Masons, now disbanded. I am the only one here, and I am unarmed. She brings her wrist before Barmen, the soldiers behind DRAWING THEIR BLADES and approaching. Vesthara: And I would like to turn myself in.Vesthara4 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 Replica Lightforge Helm for Trade Trading my Replica Lightforge Helm for an Exalted Harness. Any takers?Fhaaria0 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 My Druid, My Druid, My Lovely Feral Druid I'm looking to play my feral/guardian druid MUCH more in WoD, particularly for PvP and RBGs. My question is, what exactly should I do with him? I want to get him into a solid arena team to push rating or the same with RBGs. ESPECIALLY RBGs because I love them, feral/guardian is fun, and he'll probably be more viable than my shammy here is unless I change specs (never gonna happen). So, who wants a feral/guardian druid for their team? I am also open to raid on him as well, although this will have to come second to any raiding I do on my main. Currently he's Horde (love those troll forms) but I'm not against bringing him to blue side if that's where the action is. However, I'm not sure whether to go worgen or druid. The only males in the game I can stand to play are trolls so I either have to be plastic girl (nelves in WoD) or dangerously furry and yiffing-prone (God help me). Neither are very appealing to me but I want to kick !@# on my druid. If I do go blue, which race should I run with? Damn I wish there were draenei druids. ;_;Xoxaa9 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 [A] Oathsworn Vanguard Needs Volunteers! "My name is Mac Holliday, Colonel o' the Oathsworn Vanguard, an' I need me volunteers. The Alliance needs soldiers, and brother, does it need 'em bad. I don't have ta tell ya about the buzz goin' on up at brass gettin' us ready ta fight the moment King Chin says 'charge' on that fancy throne o' his. All I have ta tell ya is we're gonna be fightin' an' that's that. Now, you might be expectin' ta fight in shield walls an' fancy artillery firin' overhead as ya charge inta the enemy on account we're a Vanguard. I'm here ta tell ya we're doin' things that ain't jus' that. I don't require that ya join my outfit, though it comes highly recommended. Good pay at 15g a week, plus 5g hazard pay, good chow parachuted in with ya, and enough booze to contend even the drunkest dwarf in Ironforge on Brewfest openin' night. That ain't even mentionin' the pension an' what not. We don't operate like other outfits. We get dropped in behind the lines, an' we do one thing, an' one thing only... We soften up the enemy days 'fore the rest o' the army even shows up on the horizon. We're a bushwhackin' buncha sumbishes the enemy don't wanna deal with, an we'll put the fear o' the Light inta 'em. Sound good ta you? The come along with us. Hope ta see ya there." ==================================================================== The Oathsworn Vanguard is a military guild that promises a unique experience outside of the usual Military and Mercenary RP guild. While we are still a bit small, we do promise plenty of activity in roleplay against enemy guilds, various locations to play host for roleplay events, and even if roleplay isn't really your strong suit, we'll even help you better your roleplay with you! We'll be more than happy to help you with transmog runs and BGs if you so wish. We're hoping to gain enough members to run end game raids soon. We offer our own Vent channel, as well as our website here: https://www.oathswornvanguard.shivtr.com We have seen action against other guilds, some with a very satisfying conclusion to the storyline, others not so much. Our Guild is currently seeing action through a long term war event storyline against <The Dread Legion> in Redridge. Even if you are not interested in joining the guild, you are more than welcome to come fight alongside either of us or watch. I hope to see you among the ranks soon!Mackinzee1 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 Finally got WoW on my new laptop. Everything's so smooth and pretty and runs faster than 3 fps... I'm actually getting to enjoy the beauty of the game and it's making me want to roll a new character to experience it all again!Parker2 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 [A] <HashtagProgression> Recruiting For WOD! Since a handful of people had gotten way too much sand in the wrong places, I've decided to remove this post and let the off-topic side of this thread continue until it is taken down. :) Thank youRicardo61 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 New to role play. Looking for help and guild! Hey there, as it says in the title I'm new to role play. Not originally from any American server, from Oceania, Australian to be exact. So yeah, looking to learn and to join a guild! Looking forward to hearing back!Brayx10 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 Realm Wide RP Event!!! Join us for this realm wide RP event hosted by Clan Hammersong! Eat, drink and swap stories! The event will be held at Anvilmar within Coldridge Valley (dwarven starting zone). There is no dress code so come wearing whatever you are comfortable in. Only rules are to leave your drama outside and drink your fill! Feel free to contact me (Kahleezi) in game with any questions! Hope to see you there! Event is October 11th starting at 5 pm realm time!Kahleezi0 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 Ebonhold Gear I'm looking to buy boots, pants and belt at this point. Alliance or Horde, completely willing to go through neutral AH, also looking for forsaken themed mog ideas!Avelline3 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 Random non-canon RP thread! Since I'm kind of bored, and need to leave the computer alone for a little while, I'll just leave this here and come back later to look at the responses: As you walk alongside the shore on Stranglethorn, you see something wash up on the beach, as you get closer, you see that it is an Orc, his armor is waterlogged and rusty, he has many injuries, and his blood is slowly dripping into the sand, and he lies barely conscious and in pain, his jaws gritted as he tries to crawl his way up the beach... what do you do? P.S. None of this will actually happen, so choose what you wish to do with Banrok, rescue or kill him.Banrok18 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 Stormwind Stormwind? Giant Squids, I have a confession to make. I have collected all of the alliance faction leaders like they were from a popular Japanese collectible card game. I have every card in a binder somewhere in my attic because I never actually play the CCG, but there is one more I'd like to add to my deck: Wrynn. Or however it's spelled I am actually flying over to see how it's spelled right now. This guy: http://i.imgur.com/oECnclY.jpg I want to kill him, let's just say that I hate people that are naked King Varian Wrynn King of Stormwind. No one should be allowed to have king twice in their name. Perhaps I want to kill off all the pretenders to my throne or something, or maybe I want Stormwind to be ruled by a necrocracy. I haven't decided why I want to kill Wrynn yet, but I have decided that I want to kill him at the worst time imaginable within the next week. So if you were alliance, what time and day would you find it most convenient to defend Wrynn? I mean, if you're OK with me killing him that is. World Peace and Puppies, --EphEphie11 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 Ashran Beta Update: I'm livestreaming Ashran ALL DAY TODAY. It's HUGE and awesome.The premise may be bad but it's awesome. Twitch.tv/Panache22Avaricex0 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 Alien: Isolation The game that trolls you at every possible moment, creating a love-hate relationship that you can't tear away from. We needed a really good Alien game for a long time, especially when it hit rock bottom with Alien Colonial Marines by Gearbox. >-> That said, this game came out earlier Tuesday and I don't think I've played such a masterful horror game before. I was a bit worried at first, mostly because of the disaster of A:CM, but having played it now... I can see myself picking up this game all the time for some good scares. Angry Joe originally asked for someone to make an Alien game that was like Amnesia in terms of play style and this is pretty much spot on. The Alien itself is not killable and there is only one, but due to his AI he can be literately anywhere at any moment, but not in the cheating teleporting fashion. He'll actually traverse rooms and vents and you can often hear him before he even enters the same area as you. If he catches you, you're dead, GG no re. The most you can do is shoot at him with a revolver (which just pisses him off) or spray him with a flamethrower which makes him retreat (and still pisses him off). And the best part of all, he gets smarter as it goes on. Throw a flare and he'll investigate the first time, the 2nd time he might check it out but he'll glance around a bit more, 3rd time he'll likely be more alert and ignore it and start searching for you. You can also hide under desks, in lockers or closets, while it's not 100% safe it may help you dodge him. Then of course there is the 3rd party, other humans and synthetics. Some of them will shy away or might be friendly, others will ask for you to back off and will leave you be, others will just shoot at you outright (though that often alerts the Alien anytime a gun is shot and causes them to get murdered). The synthetics are emotionless, blank staring, creeps. They often tell you you can't go into this area and any attempt to do so will make them aggressive. Fights with them are just noise to lure the Alien, who outright ignores synthetics just like they ignore him. Then you have the beautiful master retro-future 1970s look of everything, VHS is still in style in the future. As are big glowing buttons and terrible decor. Everything looks fairly analog and most of the doors require rerouting power or a torch. The best part of it all is the sound, the guy in charge of making the ambient noise for this game is the biggest troll at Creative Assembly. There is a ton of ambient noise, mostly from the ship itself but also noise the Alien makes and you have to differ the two to know when you are being stalked. I've never played a game with such amazing audio quality before, the first 20 minutes in and I've not even seen the Alien and every single sound sews paranoia in my head. If you are an Alien fan or want an amazing horror game to play for October, pick this up. If Aliens Colonial Marines was rock bottom, this is the high top. So far superior it outshines every Alien game I've ever played. The game is roughly 15 hours of story content (assuming you aren't dying a ton) though some people have taken up to around 20 to finish it, which is amazing for a single-player game (with an additional survival mode). Was anyone planning to pick it up? Had some concerns? Alien fan :D? This is also the sign that I'm not likely going to be able to sleep. Also: http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--php1Zhm8--/mwuv6tpjpfs7wpyo7asy.gif Also forgot to mention, the PC version of the game will support Oculus Rift.Dawnsky19 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 [H] Help wanted! " Traveler, The Venomous Tongues Trading Company of Exotic Goods is in need of able bodies and minds. Job requires: Willingness to walk a good distance over contested territory. Ability to maintain a professional attitude. Ability to follow directions Any willing and able to accept this job, please sign your name at the bottom or send a letter to the post box of Captain Dawn Hembrii. Payment to be given at end of assignment and successful delivery of the shipment being handled. Those willing to go, sign your name and be ready to go on the Ninth of this month by seven of the clock! -Captain D. Hembrii " ___________________________________________________________________ OOC: Feel free to send a whisper in-game if it's easier. Alt code for Ð = Alt+0208 Alt code for ñ = Alt +0241. Basic breakdown: Got a merc that just talks about being a sell sword but never actually DOES anything? Well, Captain Dawn of the Golden Fury needs some able bodies to get a shipment to a specific location! But the cargo is not fully known by the Captain and the trek from port to location may prove a bit more perilous. So sign up here or whisper me ingame OR send me an ingame message. Date and time: 10-9-2014 7:00 PM Server Al diel shala.Ðawñ4 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 LF 9/9 CM Gold Carry Me: -desperate -not the best ret -not looking to server transfer to get these done :c -paying 100k for the lot You: -able to do full carries -willing to take meee Somebody please accept my gold in exchange for carrying me through 9/9 CM Golds. I am suuuper desperate to get these done before the patch drops. <3 Leave a message here or send a tell ingame.Kelorillian5 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 Sending random letters to random people. Does anyone do this? I've been considering doing so on one of my alts as a bit of fun. Perhaps a surprise gold prize from a contest the recipient never entered, or maybe a shopping list that was sent through the mail by mistake. How would you react if you saw a random letter in your character's mailbox that was obviously intended for someone other than yourself? What about receiving a flyer for a local merchant's discount potions over in Razor Hill? Would these out-of-the-blue messages annoy you, or would you find them humorous? Would you track down the sender, or simply toss them in the trash?Xianshou13 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 WTB [H]Silver/gold CM's Hey all, it's coming to crunch time for CM's, and I'd really like to get a pheonix. I'm a mount collector and so far, haven't been successful with pug groups in attempting to get this mount. I'd like to buy silver CM's if possible, but I know there are certain groups that only do Gold. Have about 100k to spend. Friend me @ Naru#1413 so we can hash out some details!Obzcure2 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 [A-Event] The Silverwing Calling IC poster: http://i.imgur.com/LNPE0qE.png Posted in key locations around Night Elven zones are rustic pieces of parchment, dyed a pale periwinkle, with the following words elaborately scrawled in fine purple ink: SILVERWING SENTINELS A unit of the Silverwing elite commanded by one Zelara Razorleaf shall be holding a recruitment gathering on the night of October 8th at 6 in the eve to celebrate its recommission and to encourage any potential warriors of Elune to enlist in her cause. Food, drink, and merriment await all who attend. Festivities will take place in eastern Darnassus. Ana'duna thera! --- Come one, come all! The Silverwing Sentinels want YOU... for festivities and fun! Following the long-awaited relaunch of our guild just over a month ago, we have been sitting on the idea of an event to celebrate such an occasion, and on October 8th that idea shall come to fruition! We invite any and all Kaldorei to come and help us commemorate the recommission of our unit! In addition to a speech that will be given by Commander Razorleaf, we will have recruiters on-site to tend to any who are interested in enlisting into the Silverwing cadre, a scenic tour of our very own Darnassus, food and drink, dancing, and more. If you weren't already hooked, we will also be having several giveaways throughout the evening! The prizes will range from rare pets, Blizzard store items, gold, and art made by yours truly (examples of my work can be viewed at darisper.deviantart.com). I won't get too specific though - the main point of the event is to enjoy a great night of roleplay! The prizes will be elaborated upon during the event itself. Date: Wednesday October 8, 2014 Time: 6:00pm ST (7pm MST, 8pm CST, 9pm EST) Location: eastern Darnassus (http://i.imgur.com/Vqfaouv.jpg) Anyone who would like a calendar invite is more than welcome to contact me. I'd be happy to add you to the list. We truly hope to see you there, and look forward to partying with our sisters and brothers! Ande'thoras'ethil! (Other members of the Alliance are very much welcome to attend and support us, but please keep in mind that this is primarily meant for the night elf community! Lots of Darnassian abound.)Shaureyne6 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 Gold (Wyrmrest Accord to Hyjal (horde)) Hello! I am trying to amass around 40k onto Hyjal from WrA. I am doing the pet flipping method, but I was wondering if anyone was starting over on WrA and was interested in trading some gold from Hyjal to here. Add me on bnet, please. nefarious#1712Picture0 Oct 9, 2014