Wyrmrest Accord

Feb 24, 2014 [H] Thori'Anore's Armed Forces Gala A series of large parchments are posted around Silvermoon City. At top and center of each, the emblem of Thori'Anore's golden phoenix is emblazoned upon the fine paper, and written below is the following... The Citizens and Servicemen and women of our fair city of Silvermoon and the lands of Quel'thalas are cordially invited to take part in honoring our traditions, and those who give their all to protect them, at the Armed Forces Gala and Celebration, as sponsored by the men and women of Thori'Anore, the Fury of our People! The evening's celebrations will begin at around the Sixth Evening Hour on Sunday, the 23rd of February, and will follow a series of events that honor those who have given their service to defending our people from enemies here and abroad, highlight their bravery, their sacrifice, and the fury that they carry onto the battlefield. The evening's events will proceed as follows - - A gathering and opening ceremony speech given at the doorstep of the Hall of Blood by Blood Knight Master Raynell A'laria and Farstrider Captain Felicia Dawnstar. - A procession through Silvermoon City through the Royal Exchange and the Walk of Elders, ending in Sun's Reach on the Isle of Quel'danas. - A prayer and moment of silence at the Shattered Sun Monument in honor of those who fell in the defense of Quel'thalas, as led by Priestess Alyadria Sunvein. - A gathering at the Hall at Sun Reach's Harbor for the presentation of Silvermoon's Colors and Banners. - A presentation of black roses to the soldiers, knights, rangers, scouts, magisters and field medics of Quel'thalas, for their commendable and courageous service. - A toast to our servicemen and women and feast. - A Formal Dance with musical accompaniment provided by the talented musicians of Silvermoon City, playing a waltz, then followed by more music, dancing, feasting and merriment to conclude the nights events! As this gala is being held in honor of those who have given their service in defense of Silvermoon, this is an open invitation to be a part of the night's events, including the presentation of colors and the presentation of the roses! If you have a guild banner, we highly recommend you bring said banner so that you can be a part of the presentation of colors, along with the banners of Silvermoon City and the Sunreavers. Food and drink will be provided, but any food or drink brought for the enjoyment of the Gala is appreciated! The Formal Dance will be led by Captain Raynell A'laria and Merelyn Starshatter, and those wishing to participate in the dance are encouraged to learn the Waltz, which is a dance accompanied to music in 3/4 time. Miss Vyn'allan Shadesworn will be holding a Waltz Seminar in the midweek for those interested. We look forward to seeing you among the night's festivities. Selama Ashal'thalas! (addendum: date, because I'm a stupid derp. Thanks Aelakor >_< )Raynell31 Feb 24, 2014
Feb 24, 2014 [H-PvP] <Spetsnaz> Join us for Season 15! <Spetsnaz> We are a large casual PvP guild on Wyrmrest Accord. We currently have over 300 active characters and average 35 online at peak hours. We are a friendly, helpful bunch with emphasis on promoting a healthy, positive PvP environment on our realm. We are a large band of players that like having fun over anything else. All we focus on is PvP, and having fun with it. Our two basic rules are worded, "Don't be a douchebag and don't troll RPers." We believe in promoting a healthy, positive community, so we need to be respectful of everyone on our server. We have a fairly mature, laid back member base. There are no formal requirements to join other than agreeing to the two rules. To kick off Season 15, we will be running RBGs every night of the week at 6pm. In addition to RBGs, we also run [For the Horde!] regularly. Do you have your Black War Bear yet? We also have plenty of players that participate in World PvP and Arenas. If you are a PvPer, you will probably fit in here. /join SpetsnazPvP - That is our global LFM/LFG channel, we use it from time to time to fill our events. Other groups also use it. A website registration is not required to join, but it is to advance. Rank Structure Full Article: http://bit.ly/1gcbEyL Each rank offers more repairs and bank access than the last. Below is a list of our standard member ranks. Recruit: Our entry rank, very locked down. No repairs, very minimal bank access. Comrade Rank: Just register on our guild site and post an introduction on the forums. Repairs, more bank access. Also, allows you to have alts on alt rank with the exact same permissions. Vympel: 1600 CR in 3s, 5s, or RBGs. Apply on our site. Must be eligible for Comrade. Gets demoted to Comrade for new seasons. Alpha: 1800 CR in 3s, 5s, or RBGs. Apply on our site. Must be eligible for Comrade. Gets demoted to Comrade for new seasons. Maroon Beret: Senior, loyal, active members. People on this rank hold it for life. For additional information about the guild, feel free to contact me in game or any other officer of our guild, you can also post here or check out our guild site: wowspetsnaz.comGwendel2 Feb 24, 2014
Feb 24, 2014 Will Wyrmrest Be a Connected Realm? What do you guys think?Xarelyn51 Feb 24, 2014
Feb 24, 2014 removed removedAlyadria1 Feb 24, 2014
Feb 24, 2014 I am no longer bound by metal For now I am free at last. Thanks for nothing, Blizzard.Wolf9 Feb 24, 2014
Feb 24, 2014 [A]RP<League of Azeroth> [A]RP<League of Azeroth> League of Azeroth is a newly formed guild looking to fill its ranks with adventurers, treasure hunters, lore seekers, fighters , and all who would join our order.We strive to uncover the truths of this world's origins and the very foundation of existence! The explorer's league, you ask? Why we're here to rival them and better utilize the ancient knowledge of the titans. For glory, for gold or for the sake of knowledge? The choice is your's! While we are still budding in a teeming enviromnmet, we need you and others like yourself to take what is rightfully your own! We are led by the Bronze council who seeks the most cunning of minds and strongest of wills to aid us in our cause. After all, diggin' up ancient ruins ain't just dwarf's work! Currently, we have established a guild storyline which is in a free form format meaning that the choices, words, and actions of YOUR character could potentially affect the fate of our organization as we wish to create an environment that acts as fertile ground for individual character development. Once every month, we will host an open, server wide event in ironforge where the Bronze council will meet and speak to those with open ears of our order. I will announce such events on these very forums and in game well in advance so if your curious, come on by and other guilds who wish to set up a joint event, you are welcome as well. We are currently accepting entry level members and I may possibly open up another officer position for experinced Roleplayers who contribute to the guild and show interest in our events. We could also use the help of more seasoned rolplayers to help plan, coordinate, and run regular RP events. If you are interested in such a position, please contact me via in game mail, whispers, or even add my battletag(Narwhal#1457). Likewise for other GM's who would like to discuss joint events as I'm looking to make connections. The guild is structured but not so heavily in the way of a hiearchy as the league is overseen by the Bronze Council and the Harbinger. The general population of the league is organized by specific skill types. Upon joining an initiate will be asked to make their choice in following one of the three paths: Fortune, knowledge, or glory. The organization is divided into three branches for each path: The seekers, The scryers, and The legion. Branches of the league: FInding your niche. The seekers The seekrs are the core branch of the league, venturing into the field, devling into dangerous ruins in order to uncover ancient artifacts and find lost treasures. The seekers are comissioned by the council and lead by Bangrim Claybeard, a swachbuckling scallywag who has a knack for adventure to match his cunning. The seekrs will have to be wary of the explorer's league and the reliquary at every turn while they work as any digsite could very well turn into a battleground. The scryers The scryers are a collection of the sharpest minds and is composed of those who are highly intelliegent and well-versed in the ways of language, culture, history, and mythology. While the job of a scryer is not the most glorious, the bunch may see the most internal conflict as strong minds fight for intellectual dominance and the temptation of the ancient powers of artifacts threaten the members of this faction. Knowledge is indeed power in the mind of a scryer. The scryers are responsible for a number of things which may include: researching myths and sorting fact from fiction, deciphering ancient texts, and locating possible points of interest for the seekers to explore. The legion A ruthless band of fighters of all disciplines and backgrounds compose this faction. The legion serves as the league's mitary power and is lead by Knight-captain, Bristian Hale. Acting as the council's fist, the legion will crush all those who may come between them and the ancient knowledge of those who shaped the world. It is not uncommon to see a group of seekers accompanied by a few legionares as they venture into the world. When the drums of war sound, the legion stands readyRadbain1 Feb 24, 2014
Feb 24, 2014 Mage looking for late night Raiding! Hello everyone of WrA! I know you've seen many of these, but here is one more! Currently I am a ilvl 534 mage looking for both a 10m and Flex raiding guild! I've over 6 years of raiding experience and equipped with previous experience on my paladin through 10 man reg. If any guild out there is raiding around 10:30pm Server time, I am your mage for the spot! Also, if anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be great as well. I thank anyone for spending the time to read this post, and look forward to any response I can get either in game, or here!Auryas3 Feb 24, 2014
Feb 24, 2014 Heroics in WoD require silver Proving Groudns http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11836963744?page=24#469 https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/437104737432125440 So, it's looking like instead of normal dungeons -> heroic dungeons -> LFR -> normal raids, it's going to be normal dungeons -> heroic dungeons OR LFR -> normal raids, with heroic dungeons being more challenging but requiring fewer people. I approve, looks like an interesting change. Edited for not being a dumbass. :DAganaer47 Feb 24, 2014
Feb 24, 2014 There is a Quintus Fan Club guild. I want in it. On my alt. I don't even care if it's a bank alt guild.Aelakor137 Feb 24, 2014
Feb 24, 2014 {A/H Guild Concept} New Challenges Some people claim that this game has become too easy. Some people leave to search for greater challenges elsewhere. However, there are those who know that greater challenges can be found right here, if only one has the imagination and insight to search for them. So, here is my proposal: a guild dedicated to pursuing the goal of making this game we all love challenging again through self-imposed limitations. Why? Well, we can't change the rules of the game, so limiting ourselves in various ways is really the only way to increase the difficulty of the challenges set before us. I propose the following limitations: No gear with stat bonuses No weapons with stat bonuses or bonus damage effects (green weapons that just have better-than-normal damage are fine) No leveling in lower-level zones. No grinding neutral mobs. Killing neutral mobs for a quest is fine, even if you kill a few more than you need to (11 or 12 for a 'kill 10' quest is fine, 25 is not). Gathering professions and secondary skills are fine, crafting professions shouldn't be used. No potions or stat buff food. If you receive a stat buff as a quest reward, and you can right-click to remove it, do so. If not, don't worry about it. As well as the following roleplaying considerations: Death is not permanent for heroes. The spirit healers are part of the game, and therefore 'real' to player characters. Dungeons and raids are training facilities set up by the Kirin Tor. Things I don't have a strong opinion on: Whether or not specialization, talents, and glyphs should be allowed. Which faction this happens on. I play both, and the concept is more important than which side of the table it happens on. In short, I'm interested in pursuing the following concepts: no stat buffs, working together, and reacting to the game world IC as it actually is. So, anyone interested? (As I've said before, I play from 8pm until midnight server time, so I'm well aware getting this off the ground won't be easy.) (Credit for most of the ideas goes to the WoW Ironman community, as well as the guild <Deep Forest Caravan>.)Linnofre1 Feb 24, 2014
Feb 24, 2014 Any Good News or a Good Day? Hello Wyrmrest. Without going into things too much, the last three days have been pretty stressful for me with a member of my immediate family needing to go to the emergency room twice because of ongoing health issues. I really haven't been myself lately, and I haven't really been able to do much in terms of art either with all of this happening right now. I feel like I could really use some good news to at least make me smile a little. I've certainly been trying my best to help relax a little and be a little more happy. I picked up Gunnerkrigg Court Volume 1 and a graphic novel called Polar Came From the Cold (which reads like a revenge noir with visuals that really make me think of Sin City. Lots of interesting angles and strong silhouettes) from my comic book shop while chauffeuring people around today, and I got a lovely gift in the mail the other day that put a huge smile on my face in the morning) But I want to hear about other good things that have been happening to people. So I ask you Wyrmrest, has anything good happen to you today? The last few days? I could certainly use the pick-me-up.Tanria26 Feb 24, 2014
Feb 24, 2014 [A] Warlords of Draenor Supply Drive Campaign Thank you to Kiethoo for doing this for Mists of Pandaria and doing it again for Warlords of Draenor, as well as giving me the idea. I will this time do something similar for The Alliance so that the entire server receives such an experience. You'll see that even the thread format is almost completely identical. I'm going to do this a little different than Kiethoo since I get very involved with the game the very moment the expansion drops so make sure you read thoroughly and don't suppose everything is exactly the same! What this is: This will be a one day event the day before Warlords of Draenor where I will give away free supplies to players that you have been generous enough to supply so that they may be as powerful as possible venturing through new, unexplored lands. What to donate: I'm accepting anything from level 90 gear for undergeared players or alts, the most up to date potions and elixirs, buff food and bags. I will create a handmade list near the end of the thread of what would be the most useful for you to donate and what those items do. How you can help: If you're interested in donating to this cause you may either wait until the announced day before WoD to show up and hand out your supplies or you can send them to my alt Donationbox for these items to be stored until the day of this event. If you have any other questions for me you may leave them in this thread of contact me in-game and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Thanks again to Kiethoo for creating the event idea and bolstering community.Caelixx1 Feb 24, 2014
Feb 24, 2014 The Ironmarch Coalition - Wyrmrest Accord Are you tired of Stormwind and the other RP hubs of Wyrmrest Accord? Dying for a call to adventure where all that awaits you is danger, rewards and glory? The Ironmarch Coalition is a Level 25, Heavy Roleplaying guild who's focus is to bring roleplay to the zones surrounding the major cities of Warcraft. Our current focus? Northrend. The Ironmarch Coalition's intentions are to back up the Alliance Vanguard by providing not only assistance in the defending of Alliance territory, but helping them gain settlers to the various settlements located within the territory. Players who join the Ironmarch Coalition are welcome to join us in various planned events taking place both in Northrend and in the Eastern Kingdoms such as resupply events, survival events and offensives against either the Horde, Vrykul or Scourge in Northrend. OOC, players are expected to not cause drama for our guild has a zero tolerance policy towards it. Uniforms will be given to all members and will only have to be worn during events which state they need to do so. As your rank progresses, your uniform will become more comfortable looking and appeal to that sense of awesomeness many of us want our characters to acquire. We are a friendly bunch of folk and like to joke around a lot in guild chat and, when we can get into one, Ventrillo. All classes are encouraged to join and there is, currently, no level requirement. Characters who are Necromancers, however, will be turned down. We will see you in Northrend!Zemptias0 Feb 24, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 [H]LF off-peak raiding guild (morning/aftern) I'm looking for an off-peak raiding guild that operates in the early morning or early afternoon times. I can raid any day monday-friday from 6AM-3PM EST so my schedule is very flexible! Contact me in-game @ Badgamer#1886 -OR- reply here and I will check it ASAP!Singed3 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 The Monastery Life - is it calling you? Imagine being a monk or a novice priest living in a Monastery. You eat, sleep and live, saturated in your studies and prayer, with your fellow students. Imagine vespers starting with a processional from the Bell tower. Imagine taking a vow of silence, and the challenge of RP while you fulfill that vow. Imagine speaking out of turn and polishing the foyer floor as penance. Imagine, learning how to be a missionary of the Light, or do works of charity, or become a Liturgical Priest capable of leading services in the Cathedral. Such is the vision of Mother Superior Sereina, Abbess of the Northshire Monastery, and the life challenge given to her by her superior and mentor, Father Cerik Bertolli. So far we have attracted Paladins and Armored Warriors of the faith, eager to defend the Light with a sword in hand. What we really need now, are men and women of the Cloth, who are brave enough to oppose the darkness by bringing the Light to Azeroth, with naught more than a Staff in one hand and a prayer book in the other. It is a task that requires great faith, a sharp mind and a stout heart. Will you heed the call? To apply: http://conwra.shivtr.com/ Light Bless your path. Mother Sereina.Sereina45 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 Looking for an Artist to commission! I'm currently looking for an artist to commission to draw my character, Aaruu, here. I can pay in a method of ways. I'd prefer to be whispered in-game or have a letter sent in the in-game mailing system if you're interested. Thank you.Aaruu0 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 Turwinkle Talks to Cryptic Tide! Hi-ho folks! Turwinkle is back in a new episode of Turwinkle Talks with special guests, the Cryptic Tide! A fantastic exploration guild! Come and see how this guild was made, what they are about and how you can be a part of this fun guild! We had a great time learning all about this wonderful guild! :D So grab a soda, some popcorn and cuddle up to all the Turwinkle and Cryptic Tide goodness! http://youtu.be/rmM4rT_tAm0Turwinkle9 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 House Haethon Winter Tournament! Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! House Haethon invites you, yes you! To come and join us this weekend at the Winter Tournament! Jousting, games, food and prizes! Bursting to prove yourself? Want to win some gold? Then come sign up this Friday at 5pm for the event on Saturday! (Sign up for event is required to participate!) The details can be found right here on the http://househaethon.shivtr.com/news_entries/200551 Haethon Website! For any questions, please feel free to whisper Devoner, Rhett, Leongard, or Miriânda in game! ALL OF THOSE ON WYRMREST ARE WELCOME!Miriânda6 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 Pandas Y'guys think pandas come in any other flavors besides hospitable and nice? I mean I know madam Goya is in this category, but that's a given, because she works in slaving and humanoid trafficking and other stuff. But to me, most pandaren seem to be icly and in game as good decent folks so I got to wondering If there were other kinds personality wise, like are their withdrawn and perhaps a little bit angsty pandaren? Or...Perhaps bloodthirsty pandaren? Sorry this is a rambling one.Vannaomira26 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 [H] Buying Heavy Junkboxes! Looking for a rogue to help me farm many heavy junkboxes for the last part of "Insane in the Membrane" achievement. I will likely take any offer. Many guides show that you can get about 100 boxes per hour. I'm going to need around 1200 boxes. So if anyone is interested reply to this thread, message me ingame or even COD them to me for the price you want.Sifa0 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 A Long Journey In October of 2007, I logged into World of Warcraft for the first time. It was amazing. I had been playing a heavily-modded Oblivion previously, and thought its game world was big. At the time, WoW boasted two whole continents, plus the shattered remains of an entire other world. I thought I would never see it all. As I played, I saw the revealing of a third continent, the shattering of the world, and the addition of a new class and two new races. At first, I played in a guild composed entirely of IRL friends. Eventually, however, their busy schedules caused them to drift away from the game. Too soon, only I was left. I transferred one character off the PvP server all my friends had played on, and joined a guild on a character on another server. I wound up leaving that server due to issues with members of that guild. I transferred that character to Wyrmrest Accord, and enjoyed reading the stories on the forums of everyone elses' roleplay, but began to wonder when I would find roleplay for myself. In December of 2011, I let my WoW subscription expire. At the time, I had no friends or guild in-game to say goodbye to, just the game itself and my own characters. Now, I did not have any in-game friends that had left the game and left me alone - I had never managed to make any in the first place. In December of 2013, I resubscribed. I bought a six-month subscription because I expected to be playing for at least a couple of months, and it was cheaper. However, I wonder if I made a mistake. I tried to start up a roleplay leveling group, only to have someone else commandeer the group and steer it in a different direction; I was offered the opportunity to join a wonderful and exciting project only to be later denied; and I attend every roleplay event I can, but the only interaction I've had is an OOC compliment for not playing a Blood Elf (by someone playing a Blood Elf). Part of the problem throughout, I'm sure, has been the fact that I'm never online during 'peak' hours. Additionally, identifying as female IRL and having been mocked for it doesn't really engender trust. So, here I sit, six and one-half years later, wondering if it has all been worth it. (and wondering if any of this makes sense.)Linnofre5 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 The unthinkable has happened... I'm thinking... of making a Blood Elf. He won't be pretty, he won't care about how he looks, no matter how scary or ugly, he'll be a self absorbed intellectual, he'll want to become the next leader of Quel'Thalas, (That Ambitious.) he's a villain, and I'm not going to make him spend most of his time in Silvermoon. So anybody got any tips on evil Blood Knights?Banrok59 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 Troll RP Guilds out there? I'm thinking of rolling a troll alt - I used to greatly enjoy RPing trolls back in the early days of WoW and I miss it. Are there any Troll RP guilds left on this server? I haven't seen any advertised in a while. If no - any Troll-heavy or tribal-esque RP guilds? I'm a pretty casual player - I have a 1 year old so my play time is after her bedtime, meaning 2-3 hours a night (EST, usually between 8-11pm or so ) and raiding is a no-go, since I may have to AFK suddenly and frequently if she's fussing and needs to be settled back to sleep. I also don't do voice chat, because I don't wear headphones since I'm listening to a baby monitor. Yep, folks, that's the gaming life of a toddler parent. BUT, despite being a casual player old fart parent, I'm an old hand at RP and too disillusioned with OOC drama to create or participate in any of that (IC drama is fine). I'm also married, so while IC relationships are fine and dandy if that's the way the character's story goes, they will never spill into OOC - I've had people try that before and just no. So that sort of BS drama is not something I'd bring to a guild. I love character development stories and complex plots, writing (when I have time) short stories about characters or little re-caps about what happened RP-wise in game, blah blah blah, you get the point. I am not really looking for a military-heavy sort of guild, or a guild that's into tons of sexy-time-all-the-time storylines. Not judging - whatever makes people happy - I just have no interest in having it shoved in my face in guild chat 24/7 or whatever. And yeah, troll RP would be great fun. I miss it :) I love character development stories and complex plots, blah blah blah.Vithkel3 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 Burning Blade Clan/Blademasters? I have been thinking about making an Orc for awhile (WoD and all that), and I had an idea I really liked for an Orc monk so I may race-change this guy for it. The elevator pitch for the idea was a Burning Blade clan member and former blademaster who eschews weapons ever since the end of the Second War, and the Burning Blade's self-destruction, as a sort of self-imposed penance and sort of wandered off to be a crazy hermit for a bit after the Founding of Durotar. Recent events, however, have drawn him out of crazy hermitdom and back towards Durotar. So I was just curious; does anyone else play an orc as a Burning Blade, or as some other stripe of blademaster? I know a little bit about both, and I'm looking up a bit more, but I was just wondering if other people were doing anything with the concept for RP.Kaladas8 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 rolling, dueling and freestyle fights Just curious on how people feel about rolling, dueling and freestyle fighting for IC fights. I've tried all the above and I tend to prefer freestyle myself, for a number of reasons. Mainly that rolling feels based on pure luck and tends to get a bit irrational at times (someone goes to shoot a guy point-blank, rolls low and fails, for example). Dueling never felt very IC to me because if you don't pvp, you're pretty much screwed against someone who does. I don't see much need in having to gear the hell out of a character purely so they can hold their own in an rp brawl. Anyhow, I'd like to hear other opinions on the matter. :)Ziòn104 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 [PvP Event] The Walking Vine! Kurshaw stood at her favorite cliffside in Feralas. Her scent now hidden from her people, she would only temporarily visit her once home. The few who knew of her false demise kept quiet and all knew that her presence among her tribe would only bring about their ruin. She knew each post and guard trail, and watched as tribesmen wandered the forests hunting and gathering. Her people would be safe from destruction, and she would bring them a world where war did not exist. * * * Elsewhere the horrors of the Nightmare vine were coming to a swift end. Those who were cured of their infections took the time to recover from their traumatic experience. Many were now in search of those who created the monstrosity, despite the lack of direction or even presence of any clues. Others suffered wounds and infections too great to heal, and so were given their last rites as their clanmates or villages watched and prayed. The vine itself had been taken out by a unknown mob, though some speculate it was the cult that initiated the whole thing. Rumors of flaming cat-beasts and cultists atop great flaming birds and drakes were responsible. Was it a counter-attack by another cult, or a ruse to simply sew more chaos? Whatever the reason, the consequences were very clear to the many dead or dying. The toxic gas released by the burning plants did their job and robbed many of the ability to flee as they choked on toxic air. Save for the few who managed to escape at the start of the attack, the hell of the sudden inferno engulfed many in it's flame. * * * A strange shambling creature shuffled around the forests and woods. The Nightmare Vine had been vanquished and purged by flame. The beast had no where to go, and it's small mind could not comprehend a place without its love and duty. The beast had been cut from the source and suffered withdrawals so bad it would collapse often and try to dig deep to try and find even a trace of the Nightmare to grow. Haunted roars and cries were all the beast had left as it wandered the landscape, searching... A voice... The serene voice of the Mother guiding it to others. A swarm, maybe then they would be able to find peace again. Maybe with others they could find the Nightmare once more.... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ When: Saturday Feb. 22nd @ 6pm PST Where: Whatever direction the wind blows Why: To have some fun and spark RP! The final event is here! Well, it will be here, but for now the time is set! All you RP-PvPers out there who are looking for a chance to get in a bit of world PvP should come out! The event is being blasted so early because I want to allow you folks the chance to get transmog gear. We are looking for outfits that look either plantlike or very cultist like to attend. This is a mob event that you would be playing an alt for, so don't worry about character death... Unless that is your goal. There will be several Firelands runs for any druids who would like a chance at both Fandral's Flamescythe and the Burning Seed. We encourage as many people as we can get to come out and PvP with us! We won't be able to announce where we are going until the event simply because at this time we just don't know. If we get enough folks, we will try to make this a [achievement="619" /], but that is not guaranteed just yet. There is already a calendar invite, so if you want in on this make sure to drop me a line!Kurshaw37 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 Level 60 Raiding Guilds Any level 60 twink raiding guilds out there? Horde or Alliance works fine, and I can play any role and any class, I'd just love to do MC, AQ and maybe BWL like they're supposed to be done, like back in the good ol' days.Canniibal4 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 Female Dwarf Models They're up and viewable on the WoD site. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/#charactersTaldin26 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 Happy Pre-Ragnarok! According to some new doomsday hearsay by "Norse Mythology experts", tomorrow is the start of Ragnarok. That polar vortex was CLEARLY an attempt at Fimblevinter, which was said to be the mighty winter that would prelude the ending of Midgard, though I've heard no red roosters crowing so who knows. To be on the safe side, I'm hosting a feast for a few of my friends tomorrow in celebration! A leg of lamb, vegetable and cheese pie, honey roasted turnips and carrots, and two bottles of sweet sweet mead. What will you be doing tomorrow- regarding old Raggy or no?Amberarrow26 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 High Society top Hat and RP. So.. I was looking to make troll (the race) character to rp as that is somewhat based on the Old Louisianan Witch doctors, look-wise (Think Shadowman from Disney's Princess an the Frog.) However, I find that the only top-hat you can get as a Horde character is the http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/54451 Which is pretty darn expensive, and Alas; I have no Horde (or Alliance for that matter.) characters with that sort of dough to shell out... Which brings me to my next point: Are there any tailors out there with the recipe to make this item that can do so in a reasonable price-range. (I have roughly 2k here Horde-side.), Or could at least give me a minimum price-range to shoot for if the mats to make it are too expensive to buy with what I have now? Much appreciated.Slixx11 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 23, 2014 [A-RP] Magic 101 with Professor Oakcane As Director of Magicks for the Embersea Accord, I, Halt Oakcane, have found it rather noticeable that there are many people who don't know how to deal with magic. That is to say, some students of the arcane are less than capable of conjuring a crumb, let alone a whole muffin, and those who don't use magic find it difficult to defend themselves when confronted with an opponent who does. And that is where I come in. I am hosting a monthly class on different forms of magic. In each class will be a summation of the form, its uses in both combat and day to day activities, followed by a round of practical examples and general spellcasting. We meet in Stormwind City at Olivia's Pond, under the big tree across the way. (I apologize profusely to any and all Horde members who are unable to attend. I'm still trying to manage how to get you all involved!) We meet the last Saturday of each month at 5pm (server time). February's Topic: Transfiguration, the art of transforming one thing into another by means of magic. February date: Saturday, the 22nd Feel free to contact myself or any officer of the Embersea Accord for more information. Happy casting!Halt17 Feb 23, 2014
Feb 22, 2014 More WoD Info (Spoilers and such) http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1463600-Mamytwink-Ion-Hazzikostas-Interview-%28New-spoilers!%29?p=25531367#post25531367Quintus9 Feb 22, 2014
Feb 22, 2014 Huge WoD Spoiler I won't post it here so you can avoid it if you wish, but click the link if you're curious. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1462287-End-of-Shadowmoon-Valley-%28Spoilers%29?p=25490610#post25490610Quintus120 Feb 22, 2014
Feb 22, 2014 The Unknown http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html Look at the race, class and gender pie charts, right at the top, that tiny sliver... 43,956 characters are an unknown race. 43,956 characters are an unknown class. 43,956 characters are an unknown gender. .... What does this mean?!Canniibal11 Feb 22, 2014
Feb 22, 2014 So, I'm making a Death Knight ... I love Krenk. But I also loved Pellius, my 'Forsaken Knight', a Ghoul going through unlife with a patchy memory, including many images of Knights, and a haunting memory of a small girl clinging to him as the Scourge took his life, screaming for her mother and he assumes she was his daughter. So, why not both. I can either keep flipping between the two or roll a DK purely for the RP. So, to make sure I'm sticking to the lore here ... Third Generation DK, undead (double-undead, actually) spotty/fragmented memory ala Forsaken, needs to kill regularly or else will go into the 'Blood Rage' and become a mindless killing machine. Tries to be as chivalrous as he can, but is hampered by his Undead nature (twisting his emotions to the darker spectrum) and the aforementioned spotty memory. Has attracted the attentions of one of the Lost of Lordaeron Ghosts, who appears as a faceless little girl, all in white, whom Pellius thinks is his daughter, returned to him. The ghost is in fact a benign parasite feeding off the psychic energy leaking from his runeblade, as is common for most 3rd Generation DKs, being as they were created to be suicide troops to force Tirion out of hiding. Eventual transmog is going to be the 'Abandoned Fealty Battleplate with the Devilshark Cape and the Quel'serrar blade. Reason for the Battleplate is I'm going to RP it as a 'Ghost Touch' set of armor (Tabletop players will remember this as an item, weapon or piece of armor that allowed the wielder/wearer to interact with intangible and ethereal objects and entities, so that he can take care of his 'daughter'. http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=47176:47197:47229:47220:47495:47502:47511:47565#. or if the internet is being butts again, Krenk3 Feb 22, 2014
Feb 22, 2014 [H] Hammerfist Clan recruiting HAMMERFIST CLAN is a multi-gaming guild for the mature adult gamer (18+). RECRUITING STATUS: All classes/specs/levels are welcome. We care more about the person than the pixels! We are looking for team members interested in all aspects of WoW - leveling, casual-core raiding, PvP, instance runs and/or RP – basically enjoying their time on Azeroth in a fun, adult, drama-free guild. WoW TEAM The players on the WoW team range in age from early 18 to late 50's. We have a fun, dedicated team of mature people from a variety of backgrounds and lifestyles, with our common goal of enjoying our fun and passion gaming! We have people playing WoW since launch to new members that just started their journey through Azeroth. We are a lvl 25 guild with a seven tab GB (one Rogue to go for the Stay Classy Achievement for the last tab!) on the Horde side. We also have an Alliance side alt guild (Hammerfist Alliance) on WyA for team members to take a walk on the Alliance side (guild level is almost 25). A formal app is required to be a member of HFC. but you can be invited to the team as a guest to see if what HFC has to offer is what you’re looking for in a guild. So if you’re interested in joining HFC and are a mature, casual-core, fun gamer, check out the HFC forum. http://www.hammerfistclan.com Team members are on at all hours with the majority playing the "normal" EST-PST evening/weekend times. Mumble is our voice-com by choice, but it is not required except for raiding/PvP. You don't have to talk but do have to be able to listen. (We're a really fun group though, so encourage people!) Some of our guild events/activities include: Sunday: 12 noon server, our current raid time. Due to some RL issue we've been doing more transmog/achievement/mount runs of older content until we can get a full group going. Friday: 5 pm server, is our open level 90 PvP night. We just started this up so are focusing on getting people geared (Tol Barad, WG and BGs) while working on Krasarang PvP for those wanting the rep. Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs: time TBD. Old content, achievement, transmog runs. Everyone in the guild loves this so it's very easy to get people to go at anytime (especially the instances that have pets/mounts!!!) Saturday: Flex raiding. Monthly we have a guild Battle Pet competition with some avid pet collectors. It's a ton of fun. Gearing up toons for the Ulduar (level locked group) achievement Herald of the Titans. Other guild activities - heroics, crafting nights, Challenge mode dungeons, scavenger hunts are in the works. ABOUT HFC We are comprised of mature gamers from around the globe (mostly in North America) with team members that understand what real life commitments are (family, jobs, etc.). We do NOT have any required “must play times”, but if you say you’ll be there, then have the maturity and courtesy to show up or let someone know you won’t be coming. Consideration of your fellow team members is paramount. Yes we can act silly and have fun, but not childish! We are casual in that we value Real Life over gaming, but serious with our time in game. You won’t experience drama, ninja looting, nerd-raging, as we are adults and believe in the "treat others how you want to be treated" way of gaming. Drama-queens, trolls, etc., rarely make it on the team, and are weeded out quickly when they do! We are an active gaming community and we encourage ALL members to get involved on the Forum, Mumble and in the other games HFC has a presence in. For the polygamerous gamer, you never have to go guild searching again as you'll always have a team of friends in place! HFC GAME ROSTER: - WoW - Rift - LoTRO - Neverwinter Nights - SWTOR - GW2 - FFXIV - The Secret World - Shroud of the Avatar - Star Citizen - EQ Next & Landmark - TESO HFC INFO: GUILD ESTABLISHED: 2002 GUILD CATEGORY: Adult 18+ VOICE: Yes, Mumble GUILD NAME: The Hammerfist Clan - [THC] [HFC] [HGC] GUILD WEBSITE: hammerfistclan.com | net | org MAIN TIME ZONE: [USA] WEB ADMIN: BrakkishSassrani0 Feb 22, 2014
Feb 22, 2014 Why Does WA Have So Many Alliance Players? Not sure what the ratio is on other realms, but almost every player I see is Alliance. A Horde player seems to be the exception everywhere. While questing in the Blasted Lands yesterday I saw at least 15 Alliance players to every Horde. It's been like that for as long as I've been playing.Gwynnorra33 Feb 22, 2014
Feb 22, 2014 Dinner? I'm having some chicken adobo right now, drinking this local-but-not-local state-wide store named HEB's ripoff version of Dr. Pepper called Dr. B. The drink is actually way better than Dr. Pepper, so it totally works because it's like $4 cheaper. Anyone else having anything pretty yummy tonight? Had for dinner, going to have for a midnight snack?Agalladorn51 Feb 22, 2014
Feb 22, 2014 An Earnest Start OOC: In many ways World of Warcraft has us take the place of a nameless adventurer who aids Azeroth and protects the world from dire threats. True, as we start out we are barely capable of defeating a single kobald, but with time we're able to take on monsters of mythic proportion. However, often times we may find ourselves skipping ahead to the fun rather than taking the time to drudge through the busy-work. As a personal challenge, however, I am making an attempt to go the extra mile. I have seen others on the forums who wish to attempt similar efforts and seek others for this - And I encourage them and all others who wish to do so. This is my attempt with a set of rules and ideals I've considered with a simple background story to accommodate it and anyone else who wishes to join in. There will be no set hours for play, no requirements to party up, or heavy interaction with others (though it is recommended and encouraged). Here are my rules: • No outside help from alts, higher level friends, guilds, or otherwise unless specific to the role-play environment or character development. • Magical weapons and equipment are allowed, as are potions, item enhancements, and crafting. However, unless these items are attained through the character's crafting they must be obtained through the world (looting, quests, etc.) or through role-play interactions with other characters (No use of Trade Channel, Auction House, etc.). • Mounts are limited to access by several means: Only useable within friendly territory (territory that is owned by their faction respectively. No enemy territory or contested territory). Mounts are only usable at levels 40+. Flying mounts are prohibited (unless absolutely required by quests). • Death and resurrection are treated as role-play friendly. However, each time a character dies and returns they lose a small amount of memory and sanity (IC EXP). This is avoidable by taking Resurrection Sickness, but causes the character to be physically incapable of having access to spells or abilities for a 24 hour period (No questing, exploring, fighting, etc.). • Areas such as Outland, Northrend, Cataclysm Zones, Pandaria - Are treated as instances associated with the Caverns of Time while questing, allowing characters to view and take part of history to secure and balance the present. Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor are considered present-day. • Characters have access to skills, abilities, spells, powers, etc. that correspond to their current levels ICly. • Dungeons, raids, and scenarios are considered Caverns of Time events and cannot be completed by using Dungeon or Raid Finder. • No required play hours or steady devotion. However, when on the character full compliance with the rules are to be enforced. Individuals who are interested in joining this effort, wish to role-play through this experience, or desire to be a part of the back-story, please comment. Feedback and positive-criticism is encouraged. If interest is shown by several individuals to meet-up or explore the plot, I will put up an event for public interest. The following is also a writing prompt for those who may be bored and feeling creative: Examine the IC letter that begins this character's storyline. If your character was sent a letter to start off his life as an adventurer, what would it say? Who would it be from? Would it include any items, tokens, or heirlooms? Feel free to write out a letter or simply elaborate your points.Handrict3 Feb 22, 2014
Feb 22, 2014 Silly Ideas 1) An Orc priest. The character's actual class would be shaman, but she would wear only cloth gear, and would be roleplayed as a priest of the Holy Light. 2) Saw this on Prikka's blog: "a guild called “the assorted body parts of lordaeron” that’s comprised entirely of forsaken roleplayers who go around vandalizing the final resting places of human paladins in amusing and irreverent ways" I immediately thought of a guild called "Lordaeron Supply Co." or something, which would work to ensure that Undercity (and any Forsaken individuals or organizations) were well-supplied with everything, including 'spare parts'.Mairelle7 Feb 22, 2014
Feb 22, 2014 So, I know a bit about being a Shado-Pan... But I think I want to know a bit more... I know that they never leave Pandaria without a damn good reason, and Yonbo's reason is good, even though it's against Orders, I know that they have their Logo emblazoned upon their palms, and I know that they still probably don't trust outsiders unless these particular few have proven themselves to them, as Yonbo doesn't trust the Horde after what Garrosh did to the vale, and prefers Alliance for company. So, I would like a few tips from Shado-Pan RPers, how much emotion should I show to make a serious character, but also to have him be happy and bubbly every once and awhile without it being completely out of character, and also anything else worth mentioning. Got any? Oh, and I would very much like to host a event at the monastery when I'm 90 for my fellow Shado-Pan RPer's, I KNOW YOUR OUT THERE.Yonbo4 Feb 22, 2014
Feb 22, 2014 [A] ilvl546 Destro Warlock LF Weekend Raid I've cleared more than enough LFR and even a little flex, got my green fire, my legendary cloak and the Brawler title. Now it's time to find a 10 man team who needs another ranged DPS but doesn't mind them being out of guild. My restrictions are that the raids be on either Friday or Saturday (evenings preferred). If there's anyone out there who needs the extra help, find me in game! I would like to experience more difficult and rewarding raiding before the end of the xpack.Miralath3 Feb 22, 2014
Feb 22, 2014 565 Ele Shaman LF Raiding Yep, it's that time again. It was decided for the sake of my sanity that I try to find a different group, so here I am. Looking for a team that can at least clear full normal, but I am not holding my breath. Would love a Heroic spot, but on this server I'm not expecting the best of the best. If you've got room for someone who knows how to Ele and has knowledge and the gear for their Resto OS, feel free to post here or contact me in-game.Mudd7 Feb 22, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 [H-RP] Warrior Training The Demonstalker growled as the groups were separated for the war games. She had been paried up with a brand new recruit, and the tenderhoof was all chattery about the ordeal. "Can you believe that we are goin to train as real warriors on an actual battlefield! I hope my skills are up to par and I can compete!" Kodana snorted down the males neck and made his mane ruffle, "Pipe down small thing... If you can keep me from falling in this battlefield of heavy handed warriors, I will be surprised. Just make it as painless as you can manage..." Both shu'halo looked up and their ears flew forward at the flare. The battle was starting and Kodana could feel her Grimtotem blood boiling for battle. She gave a roar as her claws extended from molten flame, she refused to go down without a fight! Behind her she could hear the sound of another roar, her companion, as her body felt invigorated and impenetrable. Maybe this wasn't such a lost cause after all... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Who: All races and classes When: Every other Friday @ 7pm PST (This Friday!) Where: Bloodhoof Village Why: To have fun, enjoyable, friendly RP-PvP Hey everyone! Yet another fun tauren-y thing on the way for all you Mulgore and Thunderbulff goers! In conjunction with the Thundering Herd project, the Shadowhoof want to welcome everyone out to enjoy our warrior training! The introduction of wargames has been such a fun tool for same-faction battles, yet the usage of it seems a little lacking (at least in a public setting). While we as a guild have been doing this for a while now, we would like to invite everyone to come out and enjoy the fun in Mulgore! All races are welcome, though we put a heavy value on tauren RPers to come out and fill Bloodhoof village! We will be using duels in one-on-one training. There is no bracket for this, and all participants are winners for trying. The war games are set for groups who want to test their skills in a battlefield setting. While some may want to simply enjoy the mechanics of the battleground, others may wish to simply enjoy the free-for-all setting. That decision can be decided by the two groups upon making the challenge. The purpose of all this is not for winning, but for learning. Everyone who comes out will be compensated with repair bills and available gear upgrades by our leatherworkers and Blacksmiths! So come on out and see what the Thundering Herd is doing!Kodana5 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 Sun-lute up on the BMAH. Hooooooly poo! The best twinking weapon ever. And it's just amazing. http://www.wowhead.com/item=44924Settana19 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 Tips for mercenary RP? Hey all! So I don't have much RP experience, though I've hung around WrA for a couple years now - I find it just a relaxing atmosphere. I recently got inspired to bring my rogue over and maybe... idk, I see listings for mercenaries and the like all the time, and I think it sounds interesting! I've looked with Google and searched the forums, hoping to find some kind of guide I guess to the best ways to rp a merc type, and couldn't really find anything. Really I've never done any kind of rp like that, so I have no idea where to begin, or how that side of things works. I mean, pretend I'm a complete noob and give me any kind of tips or wisdom you guys may have lol. I don't intend to like jump in with him and be all badass - nothing like that. I'd be willing to, if I could get in with the right (or wrong?) people, work my way up, learning as I go. It's the experience I'm looking for, not to be all dark and broody and shady and scare everyone with how criminal I am lol if you know what I mean.Fimbulwinter4 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 Happy Birthday to Marogthor! Hope you have a great day :DVandrysse2 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 Being Part of the Horde ((Firstly, no. I haven't had a psychotic break...a severe one in any case. Secondly, this is mostly for fun so enjoy.)) Look at my 90s. Aren't they just neat? Wouldn't you think my questing's complete? Wouldn't you think I'm the guy The guy who's done everything? Look at this cheev score Encounters untold How many wonders can one account hold? Looking around here you think Sure, he's done most everything I've got reputations and mounts a-plenty I've got epics and transmogs galore You want battle pets? I've got plenty! But who cares? No big deal I want MOAR I wanna be where the shu'halo are I wanna see, wanna see them dancin' Wanderin around on those - what do you call 'em? Oh - Kodo! Flippin' your mains, you don't get too far Alts are required for content grinding Strolling along down a - what's that word again? Experience Bar! Up where they /taunt, up where they run Up where they quest all day in the sun Wanderin' free - wish I could be Part of the Horde What would I give if I could live out of these 90s? What would I pay to spend a day warm on the Barrens? Bet'cha back there they understand Bet they don't get judgemental about item level. Bright young champions sick of queuing Ready to quest And ready to know what the 90s know Ask 'em my questions and get some answers ("Where's the Honor vendor in Pandaria?") What's a LFR and why does it - what's the word? Suck? When's it my turn? Wouldn't I love, love to explore that questline in full? Out of the Kingdom Wish I could be Part of the HordeStarstalker3 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 Any way to Connect to Curse.com? Hello, I have been trouble connecting to Curse.Com, wherein the page will simply not load for me until an error screen privy to each browser opens up yelling that it cannot connect. I would prefer getting the new addons for MRP and GHI so that I may roleplay once more with my friends and walk-ups in Silvermoon. If it is possible to fix or to get from another website, please give me a detailed answer, it would be greatly appreciated!Hetbrezzul10 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 Go to Firelands, I said. Get some Rare Pets, I said. It'll be Fun, I said. *Cue the screaming of the damned* Whichever Developer coded Kirix deserves a savage beating.Starstalker9 Feb 21, 2014