Wyrmrest Accord

Dec 21, 2013 What is your favorite... ...Old World zone? Either before or after the cataclysm? Not counting Pandaria or Northrend I mean...classic stuff. I was recently questing in Feralas for the first time since "checking it out" after Cata dropped, and I realized how much I loved it, how one-of-a-kind it is. I remember back in vanilla, the first time I visited Feralas. It was very empty, only one settlement for Alliance, and it was a hassle to get to. This was back when you got your first mount at 40, mind you, so I was hoofing it. This game used to make you work...anyway. Then suddenly, rain. Not just any rain, though. It was this heavy, loud rain. It drowned out the music and ambient sound. Have never experienced weather like that since. (The weather effects seem to have lessened over the last few xpacs) It kind of reminds me of the forests in the Pacific Northwest, where I grew up. Maybe that's why? Pre-cata Barrens. Yes, it was a pain running around before mounts at 20, but it was the "proving ground" for lowbie Horde. Felt really immersive playing as a hunter...stalking the savannah for the black lion, Huatar or that blue raptor everyone wanted. Getting swarmed by packs of hyenas. Lions hiding in the long grass (if you had ground clutter set to the max, they really were hidden). Pre-cata Azshara. Yeah, I know the zone was never really "finished." But something about the absolute emptiness of it made it fun to explore. It was so -empty- there. A handful of neutral quests and the now-forgotten Hydraxian faction. There is some Horde quest giver there now who somberly comments how he and his brother used to hunt there before the Goblins took over, and how beautiful it used to be. He sums it up pretty well. Pre-cata Tirisfal Glades/Silverpine. There was something more appealing about them before the cataclysm architecture replaced everything. They really felt "dead" then, somber and hopeless, like the kind of place you would picture emotionless, bitter, undead calling home.Bohai26 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 [A] Anyone 85-89 for PvP and dungeons? So, since I work at a university I'm out of work for the next two weeks and I'm itching to level my resto druid. She's currently at level 88 and I'm really struggling to get her to 90. I think I'd have more fun if I had some company for BGs and dungeons. Would anyone like to join me? I don't play with people who use slurs or throw around sexual assault ~jokes~ but other than that I'm pretty laid back. You can message me here or in-game as Claudine, and feel free to add my Real ID (Parker#1246), just leave a note so I know why you're adding me.Aradia2 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 2s or 3s partner? I'll make it quick since I gotta run to work shortly. I'm looking for some long term 2s partners to help with conquest cap and 3s partners to push for rating. I've never pushed for ratings before in a serious manner, and I'm fairly ok at my Hunter, but I'm hoping to improve and wanting to find arena partners who are the same minded. Battletag is Demi#1416 or reply here. Thanks :)Jose7 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 WTS Plans: Fel Edged Battleaxe As the title says I am looking to sell a rare BS plan. Plans: Fel Edged Battleaxe It has an extremely low drop rate and apparently is worth quite a bit to any Blacksmiths out there looking to complete their plan set or for someone looking to learn the pattern and mog the item themselves. Feel free to get in touch with me in game on either Navarial here or on my Druid Velthonar in regards to purchasing the item. I know its worth but I am hoping to find someone who wants this plan for an amount we can both agree on. Or you can leave a response here. Either works. Edit: Thank you Astrid for showing me how to link it!Navarial10 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Thread of Pet Peeves v2.0 Beings Dawnsky's impersonation of Sonic destroyed the other thread, figured it would be a good idea to pick up some of the remains and start up a new one. --- People who capitalize the first letter of every word, regardless of how long of something they're typing. --- People who think that Caps Lock is Cruise Control for cool, but fail to understand that even Cruise Control requires steering.Geranguas345 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 The old Seer. Ratoko sat on the bluffs overlooking the plains of Mulgore below, for once in a long time things were quiet, no war drums pounding, no warriors shouting, no arguing, for once on this very Bluff, all was peaceful, and the elder enjoyed it while it lasted. "Lets see here..." he said, opening a dusty tome, he looked up to the sky watching the sun slowly fall and the stars slowly come out, he looked at the tome viewing the constellations, drawing on his tome until the visage of a night elven woman was written in the pages, with the moon in her very center, "Mu'sha, mother of the Night elves, a fortune of peace for once, she is as welcome as she has ever been..." OOCLY: I will tell fortunes to some players and guilds who wish to council their characters, this can be useful if: 1). If you need someone to plan something random in a storyline. 2). If you want to forshadow a RP event for your Guildmates. 3). If you just want to RP in general. Whenever I'm on, whisper me if you want to have your fortune told and I'll try to come up with a reasonable time and a place to come, sometimes I ay have to decline, so please be prepared, when I'm telling a fortune tell me if you want this to happen in the future and I'll have him predict it, or if you want me to make a decision for you. Here goes nothing, here's hoping people notice this thread!Ratoko7 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Death and Science It turns out a heart attack in reverse feels exactly like the normal kind. I have a moment of wonderment when my heart begins to beat, followed by blinding agony as it tries to pump a gallon of congealed sludge through half-rotted veins. Well, I strapped myself in for a reason. I don't bother trying to control my body as it heaves and pitches in protest. The pain is horrific, so...must be Thursday. I might be fairly called the worst death knight ever, but there are some things we all have in common. It passes soon enough, anyhow. I keep my eyes fixed on the transfusion equipment attached to my arm, watching the livid green fluid going in and the black goo seeping out. Every second of the process gets easier, my body healing itself of its desiccated state under the serum's influence. One by one, my senses heighten nearly to the acuity I enjoyed as a living elf; vision sharpening, then hearing, then my sense of smell (I should really have cleaned in here before starting this), until finally I can even feel the air on my skin. I won't describe what my mouth tastes like. You're welcome. Last time I went through this was almost a year ago, not long after the Mists fell, but I used to endure it every week or so; it's a familiar process. I let the effects of the serum fade and my body revert to its normal undead state, as I didn't want anything to interfere with my efforts to learn whether the meditative disciplines of the pandaren could help stave off the Endless Hunger (short answer: no). The pain is cleansing. I don't like being a rotted corpse. The me coming back now is the real Avanda. I give the tubes time to clear completely before unfastening myself and staggering to the washstand. Yes, the first thing I want to do is consult the mirror; what can I say, I'm still sin'dorei. Very satisfactory. Smooth, soft skin; firm, youthful flesh; sleek, glossy hair (well, it will be when I've washed it), and above all, not a speck of decomposition. My face shines with sweat and tears brim in my eyes, souvenirs of the ordeal. Along with a beating heart come sweat, tears, saliva, lymph...all manner of bodily fluids (quite toxic to living people, which ironically rules out most of what I might want to do with them). I am not alive. No amount of alchemy can do anything for the condition of my soul. I can't even pass for alive. I never got much sun before my death, and my pale complexion is heavily mint-tinted now, the fluid in my veins being green. I also exude a faint, chemical odor which animals do not like at all. I still have the Hunger; my eyes and voice are made of magic, not flesh, and so aren't changed by the serum. I'm a death knight; it's obvious at a glance. But damn it, at least I'm pretty. And in addition to having my full elven senses and emotional stability, I heal much faster. It's well worth the cost. After attending carefully to my toilette, I equip myself as best I can. The stuff I've left for emergencies in this Ratchet safe house was deposited as the war in Northrend was winding down. I can't exactly go back to Silvermoon for my armaments, though, so old tech will have to do.Avánda79 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Sons of the Alliance - 25 - Hi, I'm Ally! Plastered in several storefronts across Stormwind, accompanied by toy-sized black and gold banners, are large flyers sporting a sharply printed emblem of the Alliance, reading: The Alliance has always stood unified, a single entity bound by courage and fraternity against impossible odds and it needs you more than ever to protect its people and its values. The Sons of the Alliance searches for adept and intrepid adventurers, veterans, or any other who believes themselves capable, to join their ranks and defend our homes, be they Human, Draenic, or anything in between. Gold and glory is just the beginning of your tale as a Son, and it’s one that our dauntless warriors will be writing together. We welcome those of every race and skill. Our goal is to bolster the strength of the Alliance while the King’s forces are in Pandaria and the Horde faces chaos; join our cause, answer the call of your people, and serve the Alliance!” Recruitment What we look for in a Member: A social and friendly person capable of participating in group activities. A skilled RPer with a grasp of characterization and the ability to participate in immersive RP. One whose schedule allows them to participate in a reasonable amount of interactions and events. One who can enjoy playing with fellow guild members regardless of activity, be it roleplay, PvP, or raiding. OOC Recruitment Info: All ranks above recruit have recruiting privileges, but only those Lieutenant and above are able to recruit IC. IC Recruitment Info: Each prospective recruit will go through a short introductory process, including an IC interview, an introductory function at a guild meeting, and a recruit’s position in a RP event. Officers are encouraged to attend these interviews and introductory functions, and guild members are invited. Rank Info Corps-Marshal: This is the Guildmaster rank. Promotion is only made by the remaining Guildmaster when one Guildmaster has stepped down. Officer: To be promoted to officer, you must have not once had more than one strike to your name, in addition to having no current strikes. In addition, you must have a stellar record of contributing to the guild, acting with capability, and you must be selected in a near unanimous decision by the current officer team. Lieutenant: Must not have any strikes, in addition to being recognizable IC and OOC for their contributions, in addition having an aptitude for some, limited officer duties. Sergeant: Must have no more than one strike, in addition to participating in enough events and activities to be noticeable by members of the guild to some degree. Soldier: To become a full member of the organization, you must be introduced to the guild during a guild meeting- an introductory function will be performed. In addition, you must participate in one IC event. Recruit: To become an IC member, you must meet with a member of the Officer Team for an IC interview. Alts: All ranks Soldier through Lieutenant will receive the ‘OOC Alt’ rank on their alts. Officers and Guildmasters will receive the ‘Officer/GM Alt’ rank. We ask that you achieve a rank of Soldier before introducing alts, barring special circumstances. Disciplinary System A three strike system, with a few ‘exemptions’- these are punishable by additional strikes. First Strike: Private warning to the offending person. Second Strike: Private warning in addition to a mandatory interventionary ‘conference’ with available members of the Officer team. Third Strike: A ‘no questions asked’ removal from the guild. Strikes can and will also result in demotion depending on rank and circumstance. Offending Actions include: General Trolling, Trolling RP, Causing Drama, Excessive Language/Rudeness, Discrimination/On-the-Spot Harassment Exemptions include: Excessive Drama/Griefing (2-3 Strikes based on severity), Persistent Harassment (3 Strikes) The opportunity is given to erase strikes, simply by lasting three weeks without a single strike given. This will remove one strike. Harassment about strikes is a strike in itself, the disciplinary system is not in place to shame people, and as such, the information will only be available to the officer team. Inactivity One month is allowed for those ranked Soldier-Officer, after which they will be demoted to an OOC rank until either their return or the Officer team decides that they would best be removed from the guild, unless an officer is notified of absence or put a notice in the officer note section. Seven days is allowed for an OOC Member or Recruit, before their removal from the guild. Current Storylines: The creation of the Sons of the Alliance! Or, more properly, "Rise, Son(s)!"Effulgent82 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Christmas list! So, with the holiday being a week away, what is on your Christmas Wishlist this year? For me this year it would be having all of my family together! Which, I am quite happy to announce, is going to happen. I also had a request for a series set of books!Taraimira52 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Warcraft: Legends: YOUR Nightmares I just read the "Nightmares" story in Warcraft: Legends, which for those who haven't read it, tells the inner nightmares of Magni Bronzebeard, Thrall, and Jaina Proudmoore (and I'll say, whereas the first two are a bit paranormal even for Azeroth, the third plays out more like an AU story than simply a nightmare, and IMHO is the most engaging of the stories) So... what would be YOUR character's nightmare, and what is the climax point where they'd wake up screaming into the night?Djpartimage15 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Happy Birthday to Caspian & Kylaanri! Hope you two have a good day, with many more to come :)Vandrysse3 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Monster relations. No, not that kind of relations. If you've read my posts in the RP-related topics this forum obviously has a lot of, you might have seen me talking about Neverwinter Nights. Neverwinter Nights was (and still is) a great game for a plethora of reasons, but one of the most interesting things about the game was the ability to play as one of the many monsters. Using a very simple out-of-game tool (or in-game scripting) you could make your character take the appearance of any of the game's monsters (and some furniture...) and roleplay that bizarre freak of nature to your heart's desire. Obviously this opened up a lot of options in multiplayer, some good and some bad. In WoW, we are limited to the relatively small selection of player races, but interact with "monster" species at every turn. Some people RP as the more mundane monster races like vrykul or half-ogres, and while worgen are a player race they are most definitely monstrous. How do you think the constant interaction with monstrous species works in Azeroth? Clearly most of the interaction is just chopping off parts of them to complete a quest, but what about friendly species, or those that aren't hostile enough to warrant quest-based extermination? Some things to think about: -In the real world, humans are the only truly intelligent species. In fantasy worlds, there are numerous intelligent species with their own unique cultures, societies, and the like. How do you think this affects the concepts of things like slavery, cannibalism, and things of that nature? Is a human eating murloc-fin soup an act of cannibalism? Cannibalism refers to eating members of your own species (in the real world), but since there are other intelligent creatures in Azeroth, does it count? Is a dragon that eats a person a cannibal? -On the note of dragons, there used to be a bit of a fuss about people who rode drake mounts around cities, the idea being that the drakes were intelligent creatures with minds of their own who may not take kindly to being a glorified taxi for mouthbreathing heroes. I personally think this has largely been lampshaded, since dragons of all sorts help players throughout the course of the game, but what is your opinion? -Many creatures have wildly different views of the world even within their own species. Ogres, for example, may be neutral, friendly to the Horde, hostile to everyone, and even betray allegiances at points. How do you feel about monstrous species operating near settlements of the "main" races? Do you think a peaceful ogre would ever be allowed into Stormwind, or a quilboar into Orgrimmar? -How do you view the rights of these "lesser" species? Monsters such as quilboar are presented as vile and evil, but quests and lore indicate the quilboar allegiance to the Scourge was one of perceived necessity, owing to the Horde's aggression in taking quilboar lands. Other species such as murlocs (as mentioned above) are clearly intelligent, but sometimes serve as slaves, food, or even sport for the player races and their allies. What are your thinkfeels here? -Thinking. Obviously most species share a few very basic traits, like the need to eat, sleep, breathe, and reproduce. Beyond this, though, how do you think the thoughts of these "savage races" differ from those of humans, orcs, or elves? Do elementals dream of electric sheep?Viezra1 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Starbound So the beta just went live today and I've been having a blast with it. It shows amazing promise for multiplayer as well and there is a good chance that I'll likely be getting a server for this game went it comes out. Is there anyone else that has been watching this game?Quintus66 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 I need your help! :( To the lovely people of WrA I need your help, I'm looking to buy a staff the Staff of Natural Fury to be exact. I'm willing to buy it on Horde or Alliance, please someone help me out. I've been looking for it for quite some time.. hoping to give it to someone as a in game Christmas Present. -Lania Merry Christmas everyone.Laina4 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 21, 2013 Rise of the Shockadin Greetings all, I would like to share with you today why I believe shockadins are making a come back more powerful then ever before. Recently I have been trying out Glyph of Harsh Words/Word of Glory build. It also includes taking Holy Prism (in my opinion, anyway, Some take execution sentence). Holy shock and denounce glyphs are optional, I take blessed light to get more holy power for more harsh words personally. So where does all the damage come from? Well, it's mostly low damage when just casting Holy shocks, Harsh words, denounce and Holy Prism. With Holy Avenger, Avenging wrath, Divine Purpose and PvP trinket poped, The damage becomes insane (100k holy shocks, 70k denounce, 80k Holy prism, 120k Harsh words and 60k Hammer of wraths.) With so much instant cast burst, it takes very little to set up. You might be saying, "Well anyone could just pop defensives and stop all of said damage." This is true, but I would usually start with a Fist of Justice. This means you either trinket or get killed in a few instant cast globals. Assuming they realize this, they will use their trinket that is one global, with that one global I potentially have already taken half of their health. Most classes that don't have a major heal cannot even out last my passive Holy Prism damage, keeping in mind I am healing during all of this. So far, I have beaten some of the top players on this server on their respective classes. I am not claiming skill here, just pointing out that shockadins are in fact a little over the top. Warriors seem to give me the most grief, just above frost mages. Second wind makes it impossible for me to kill them without all of my cooldowns and it may take several resets of my cooldowns to get lucky. Though, I remain undefeated due to my insane utility 1v1. Sure, it seems very practical in duels, 1v1 isn't balances after all. So how does it fair in arena? Well, I have been running Shockadin/warrior (Deldramor) in 2v2 since the beginning of the season. We skim 2k every week and get tanked down by some comps we just arent co-ordinated to beat. The warrior and I are by no means amazing players (we're both only 2.1k+). With that being said, our games go something like this; We open with a Fist of justice on our cc target and pop all of the cooldowns in our spell book on our kill target, it dies-we win. Some games go a bit longer where we need to wait on cds to try and set this up again, but it always eventually happens. I am aware relying on burst cds alone to win is unskilled, we aren't proud of it, but we do get a good laugh out of it. We would never attempt this set up in 3's, by any means. http://oi49.tinypic.com/15gchu1.jpg This is a screen shot of a game we did at around 1900 rating vs a geared 1800 mirror comp. Most games look sort of like this, just not to that extreme. In this one, the pally didn't even get a chance to dismount, and the warrior died so fast SECOND WIND didn't even get a chance to proc (That almost killed Deldramor from laughter.) I usually match Deld's damage if we get opener kills. In another game that I didn't get a screen shot of, at about the same rating, Deldramor was cycloned across the map by a feral, I poped Cooldowns into it's Holy pally and took it from 100% to 0 by myself, he didn't even get a chance to bubble. TL;DR Shockadins are back, baby. (For now.)Moillane83 Dec 21, 2013
Dec 20, 2013 Hearthstone. It is of the Devil! I had a beta invite sitting in my inbox for a month and a half and I only just found it or received it a couple of days ago. In any case, I am now completely addicted. All I can say is, Blizzard has hit a home run on this one. I am completely blown away at how well they designed the UI, the abilities, everything. I am usually pretty timid about jumping into matches vs. other players but I felt really confident almost immediately in this game (as opposed to, say, Starcraft) and the matching system seems very good (and of course, you don't have to play against others if you don't want to to, there's always the AI -- but honestly the AI is more difficult!). In any case, this one is just fantastic. There's going to be an open beta apparently sometime after the first of the year so anyone who wants to try it out and give feedback, will be able to. Edit: I say it is of the devil because it is so addictive. ;)Greenjelly21 Dec 20, 2013
Dec 20, 2013 Acrane/Fel Addiction? What's it like? How does a person RP it? What about withdrawals? Does it effect their body, or how they act? Just want to know so I don't really mess it up.Averye17 Dec 20, 2013
Dec 20, 2013 Thank you for helping my bank alt. I realize this affects approximately three people on the server, but just in case the nice people who were in Bloodhoof Village last night are reading here: I want to thank them for helping my bank alt, Mesahoof, get started with his bank guild. It took me several hours yesterday to try to get people to sign the charter and stay signed (despite offers of 10g per sig) and it was kind of a drag. Until awesome people took pity and helped me get going so I could stop posting in General about it. >.< LOL Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for being awesome! <3Hathoria0 Dec 20, 2013
Dec 20, 2013 Winter is here, Wyrmrest! The weather has grown quite cold. I can't say as I'm a fan of it. The snow is lovely when you don't have to go anywhere, but hardly pleasant when you must navigate it. Anyway, how are you today? I must confess, I got quite grumpy last night. PvP on the Alliance is rarely a cakewalk, but we were losing bad. People were scattering every which way, no one was sticking together, it ultimately culminated in me fighting a Warlock while a teammate of mine stared on, doing nothing. Eventually the Warlock turned his focus onto him and the dude just bubbled and ran. Annoying. Now, this has happened to me on the Horde, as well. Frustration is hardly a rare currency in WoW sometimes, but it was quite aggravating last night. I hope your evenings have been better and your winter is looking up!Enekie40 Dec 20, 2013
Dec 20, 2013 Food Kitchen Event [H] <The League of Dreamers>[H] will be hosting a food kitchen at the Orgimmar Orphanage, Dec. 20th at 5 p.m. server time. This year has been a very rough one for the citizens of the Horde, and The League feels it is important to feed those who may have lost loved ones or their homes during the siege. There will be lots of food and drink to celebrate Winter's Veil among your friends and family! We hope to see you there!Lilleria4 Dec 20, 2013
Dec 20, 2013 [A-RP] Magni Remembrance Day Thursday 12/19/2013 Oswin, preacher of the Titans will be hosting a remembrance day for our late King Magni. The obvious and primary invitation go out to -all- dwarves, Dark Iron's and Wildhammers are welcome in addition to Bronzebeards. With that said, all members of the Alliance are more than welcome to attend! The event will start gathering at 4 (all times are server time.) That's when Oswin will be around, though there will be no organization except for just mingling and RP. The gathering will be in the Mystic Ward to begin. At 5, when the event really begins to start, there will be a nice meal, and there will be dirges sung. Anyone who wishes to sing should contact Oswin (or post here). At 6:00 we will all migrate to visit Magni's resting place where Oswin, and select others will speak in Magni's honor. Oswin will obviously be speaking on with a relation to the Titans. Representatives from other faiths are allowed to speak of course. Please contact Oswin if you wish to speak. After the speakers, the group will return to the mystic ward to allow any other scheduled singers or those who were unscheduled to sing. (I don't expect there to be enough singers to need this.) Singers Oswin (More are welcome to apply, just make the song appropriate.) Speakers Oswin Aladraeth (More are welcome to apply, just make the speech appropriate.) Anyone else who want to help please contact me in the game, mail me, or post on here and I'll be happy to work with you. (Level 1 alts are of course welcome. I want everyone to be welcome, I won't ignore you just because you're level 1. But I will ignore you if you're trying to troll.)Oswin14 Dec 20, 2013
Dec 20, 2013 [H RP Guild] Rangers of Silvermoon Greetings! The Rangers of Silvermoon is a newly made roleplay guild. Our intent is to bring together those that roleplay as a rangers, scouts and other walks of Farstriders together under one banner. To contribute to the group roleplay that take place on the server, and to offer a fun, friendly environment to those who play these characters. Obviously, the guild is of a military nature, and we are currently only seeking those that would fit within the ranks of the Rangers. With rare exception, this is a Sin'dorei only guild, and a ranger only guild. If you are interested, please visit our website (A work in progress) at: smrangers.shivtr.com The application process is available, and we are seeking to recruit! Thank you.Theravis8 Dec 20, 2013
Dec 20, 2013 Happy Birthday to Tanria! Hope you have a terrific day!Vandrysse21 Dec 20, 2013
Dec 20, 2013 Where my Frost Born at? Where my frost born RP'ers at? I need some, for the fun! :D Alternatively other exotic race RP'ers are welcome.Vannaomira0 Dec 20, 2013
Dec 20, 2013 Need Advice From Artists Hi, my name is Forbs, and...I suck at drawing. There. I said it. Are you happy now?? I'm an ahem...slightly older Gnome. I have no plans to go to college and become a professional artist or anything like that. I just want to get to the point where I can put something down on paper, and stand at least a 50% chance of someone recognizing what it is. I think this is a reasonable goal, and so I've made it my New Year's Resolution! So I'm looking for advice on basically *everything*, especially tools, and sources of instruction. I dont have a lot of money to throw at this, so the words 'cheap' and 'free' will resonate strongly with me =) Also the style of art I'll be shooting for will probably lean more heavily toward "cartoony" and less toward fine art. Thats not to say I dont want to learn the basics of perspective, foreshortening, and the effects of directional lighting on 3D objects etc, I do. But I think my best chance of success, at least early on, will be conveying ideas quickly with simple shapes, bold lines, minimal detail, and the ability to convey emotion through basic characterization. Think: Doodle Gnome or Simon's Cat. I do a little writing, and I would especially like to be able to illustrate my Gnome stories someday! At the moment however, all I have is a ream of copy paper, a No. 2 pencil, a children's book on basic drawing, and a dream, so any advice is appreciated! - Forbs "For Gnomeregan!"Forbidra11 Dec 20, 2013
Dec 20, 2013 RP-Based Weakness I, like many of my fellow Accordians (Heheh, silly word to use for people! Maybe "Weird Al" Yankovic will play us.), am an avid RPer on the server. Some of you Alliance-side may have seen me around the Blue Recluse, or busily running around town, trying to do dailies or find more RP. I dunno, maybe even some Horde-side. (I've noticed the town gets attacked off and on.) So this brings me to the point of the topic: Weaknesses in gameplay brought about due to RP habits. Tori's bank is jam-pack full of clothing items, just about. I found certain items looked nice on her, but by the time I stopped hoarding what I considered 'casual' outfits for her to wear around the major towns or when out in areas where wearing puny armor won't get me killed, the bank was utterly FILLED with stuff. And I can't bring myself to chuck any of it, so I'm stuck with a full bank, having to sell a truckload of items, and keeping my armor on me at all times... It's a wee bit disconcerting to me. Maybe not to other players, but it is to me. Anyone else got any weaknesses stemming from RP?Torikushi38 Dec 20, 2013
Dec 20, 2013 LF 70 twink guild i would like to know if there are any 70 twink guilds on wyrmrest accordYoumâdbro0 Dec 20, 2013
Dec 20, 2013 Rhinestone Sunglasses I'm looking for a jewelcrafter who can help me out with making these? I have all mats and will tip.Ryuzo5 Dec 20, 2013
Dec 20, 2013 Which to play on? I can't decide on an RP or Normal server. Idk if I like RP (never done it before?) but above all things i hate PvP. I've been playing on PvP servers to make my brother happy since I started so idk which one is better to play on. I was reading and it seems the consensus is Rp servers are better people and normal servers are better ..players? idk that came off offensive but i hope you know what i mean by it. Posting this on a random, normal server forum to see responses from both! Thx for your thoughts on the matter =)Êxistence16 Dec 20, 2013
Dec 19, 2013 What? ... . . . what? . . . . . no, seriously. What?Mairelle6 Dec 19, 2013
Dec 19, 2013 Latency Anyone else having some serious latency issues? I could be fighting one minute, stuck in the attack stance in front of a seemingly-idle enemy for minutes, then suddenly, he dies out of what one would think to be nowhere! Or towns that're normally majorly populated would be dead empty and lonesome for minutes. I could leave my mount and see Tori running in a rather ninja-like pose... It didn't start up until yesterday... Anyone else having this issue?Torikushi22 Dec 19, 2013
Dec 19, 2013 KRAP year-end clearance sale This is it, ladies! I got one late-model Sky Golem clutterin' up the lot that's gotta gogoGO, so I'm offerin' it direct ta you (screw the Auction House middleman) at 5% over invoice...that's right, only 19400g for this All-Terrain Armored Terror, girls! Drop me a line in-game, 'cuz at these prices, it won't last! Kopperschott Recovery, Acquisition, and Procurement (KRAP) is responsible for the content of this message. Also I may be drunkKopperschott7 Dec 19, 2013
Dec 19, 2013 Blood elf mage possibly looking for some RP I've gone and rolled a blood elf mage and am thinking about RPing her. I was hoping to find another mage (preferably another elf) who might perhaps take her on as an apprentice, or maybe a suitable RP guild where she would be happy. Any suggestions? c:Meridette3 Dec 19, 2013
Dec 19, 2013 <TeamRocket> (H) Newly formed guild looking for anyone that would like to join. Items will be given to new players that are new to the server (such as bags and starter gold). I am anting to form a raid team in the future and get some members interested in pokemon rp. Looking for pet battlers for guild battle pet tournaments. I will be hosting a public tournament today outside of shrine of two moons. If you are interested in participating in the tournament please let me know do /who TeamRocket because i will probably be on a different character. :) Thanks have a great day! Prepare for Trouble And Make it Double To Protect the World from devastation To Unite All People within our Nation To Denounce the Evils of Truth and Love To Extend our reach to the Stars Above Jesse James Team Rocket Blast off at the Speed of Light Surrender Now or Prepare to Fight Meowth, That's Right!Zaon1 Dec 19, 2013
Dec 19, 2013 For All You Guild Leaders... Just gonna leave this here. Enjoy :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c This is how I picture most guild leaders in this game. The concept is pretty much the same. Just switch the whole corporate thing with WoW guild leading and....well....I hope you get it ^.^Naralis11 Dec 19, 2013
Dec 19, 2013 Bit of help. Offering 6k gold to a guild to help me complete the Blood Infusion quest for shadowmourn. http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24756 Pretty simple. You get me the quest completed, I hand you the cash. Thanks in advance!Márik2 Dec 19, 2013
Dec 19, 2013 Forsaken Lore quandary So I recently started playing again after several years, and I wanted to "resurrect" (pun intended) this old character concept. Never fully developed it before, but thought I might give it another go...but some questions have I. Is it possible that the Forsaken could resurrect a very old corpse? Would they even bother? Would his knowledge be considered valuable? Does the Valkyr resurrection ability have limits in regard to the condition of a body? I mean old as in a few hundred years. Someone who was well-preserved or mummified, and somehow his dried up body ended up in a Forsaken corpse-pile. He's wouldn't be in the greatest condition of course, but his mind still works okay. As far as who he was before his death? Still playing with ideas. Thoughts?Khartoum6 Dec 19, 2013
Dec 19, 2013 What is Belore?! - Faith based power! This thread was originally made to post the sermon that was missed during 2013. However the Sermon itself is a great way to explain the history and meaning of Belore. I have also added what our guild view is on Belore.. aka holy light and some links to lore. Also there was a great question asked on how the Sin'dorei may actually see the "Holy Light" and virtues verse the way the humans do. If you want more information or have questions feel free to leave them here or whisper me in game! More about our guild http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10389128869 ... EDIT: To clarify purpose of this thread.Alyadria50 Dec 19, 2013
Dec 19, 2013 Ever have forum moments where.. .. You see a lot of really interesting and compelling threads, but for the life of you simply can't think of anything creative or witty to post in them, or simply can't muster up the effort to type? Lazy feels are lazy. Anywho, how'd your morning go? What was for breakfast? What's going to be for lunch? For dinner? I like food. I hope you guys like food too. What's your favorite food?Agalladorn39 Dec 19, 2013
Dec 19, 2013 RaF Anyone interested? My battle-tag is FunkyFrog#11991. I'm looking to be recruited and will pay for my own stuff.Nagallai6 Dec 19, 2013
Dec 18, 2013 In light of all this NSA Business Maybe... maybe Rooster Teeth has the right idea. Just maybe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQGAwrtB65A&list=PL6F549CF4B03E7BACKanas0 Dec 18, 2013
Dec 18, 2013 Roleplaying as Tauren? Hi fellow WrA friends! I am new to roleplaying and haven't fully gotten into it yet, mostly because I haven't written a backstory for my druid and I don't feel comfortable hopping into conversations without fully understanding the perspective from which my druid is coming from. So I was hoping you all could share some good reading material for learning how to RP as Tauren, including writing a believable backstory, language, my culture's perceptions of other races, etc. Thanks so much =)Treetopsy9 Dec 18, 2013
Dec 18, 2013 llama set loose So it has come to my attention that recently there has been some things going on. What are these things, you might ask? I'm sure you know what these things are.. If you don't know what these things are, I advise you read on sirs and madam's of the forums. Because this issue is a very serious one and it must be addressed. not long ago a carnivorous llama was released from captivity and it went on a rampage. people died horrendous deaths and there was a lot of crying. at first i rolled my eyes and laughed because llamas aren't dangerous. they're cute and they spit on you, but that's okay because they're still cute. And you can spit back on them and at the end of the day, you usually laugh together over a cup of tea. however, this llama met another llama and the two did nawt laugh they actaully started fighting. one of them learned to kamehamaha(?) and so as you can imagine, that isn't too good. that isnt even relevant. lets just say they slapped eachother and it made a loud noise so a lot of people started to care. poor llamas. anyways they were grinded into meat after that by someone that hated the fact you cant make tauren patties. moral you cant' trust the systemmThorllian22 Dec 18, 2013
Dec 18, 2013 A favor So some of you who know me are aware that I've been working on a story for like... ten years now. I was hoping to include a bunch of people in it; mostly I feel like I have a good grasp of the people I threw in there, but there are a few that I am not entirely positive about and want to make sure that I do them justice. If you are one of the following, please post a brief RP summary of your toon and physical description, full name, the basics, just so I can make sure I accurately depict you. Also if you could steer them here if you know them, or otherwise have them get in touch with me, I'd appreciate it. Like I said I am fairly confident in my knowledge of these guys but I want to doubly be so. There are just some details I want to confirm. Also if you would NOT like to be included, that's ok too. Just let me know and I can remove your role or fill it with someone else. Rebkah Kiethoo Prier Arielen Shalune The others I have info on already. These are just some that I need a few things confirmed. Thanks guys! Edit- the time this takes place is about a half year before MoP leading up to it, so be sure to reflect that.Borgg46 Dec 18, 2013
Dec 18, 2013 Rou was Irresponsible with her Money So... I have the opportunity to get a Figure Print, which like... never happens. And because I'm only pretending to be a responsible adult IRL who is sensible enough pay off more practical things like she should, screw it, I'm going for it! I never treat myself like this. I'm generally pretty broke so this is crazy. I've also never invested so much time, energy, and love into an RP character and gotten this level of enjoyment out of it like Rou -not to this degree or for this long. I can't imagine having any other main no matter what races became playable. Roulette means a lot to me and female Goblin swag is impossible to come by. I also adore statues and action figures in general. They're something I cannot make myself thus collect and treasure when I can. So, Roulette figure print is happening! /rationalizes I've got her outfit picked out, her weapons, the base (gold mound, naturally, cause Goblins), I'm pretty much ready to go cept for two things.... the pose and the cloak. There's a couple of cloaks that can go with her usual mog set. She doesn't tend to wear them in game but since I'd like to get the most for my money I thought maybe she could throw one on for the occasion. Misthide Drape goes with her helm and kinda brings that and her pants together but Crafted Dreadful Gladiator's Drape of Cruelty is pretty swank too. Or of course the option to go without a cloak at all. Gaaah, so torn... Then there's the pose. It's between the crossbow/gun pose -which is the same stance she's in on her armory page-and the unarmed pose. I love them both for different reasons. The armory pose shows off her outfit very nicely, has her weapons displayed yet out of the way and is probably the more sensible way to go. Very aesthetically pleasing. BUT the unarmed pose puts such a wonderfully ROU expression on her face. It makes me laugh and is just so her. Which would make me go with that one no question if the offhand vial didn't feel a bit awkwardly in the way. It looks like she's offering it to the viewer, which is great, but it's so big and grey (which is weird cause blue in game) and I don't know how the vial will come out in the final product so I hesitate to have it front and center like that but... omg, Rou's face. If you go on the website you can put in Roulette's name on the Demo and see what I'm tinkering with, if you like. I also strongly encourage you to play around with your own character in there cause it's super fun. http://www.figureprints.com/wow/CharacterList.aspx?demo=1 Gah, decisions! Halp! This is a rare chance for me to be frivolous so I wanna do it up right!Roulette16 Dec 18, 2013
Dec 18, 2013 LF Tauren RP Guild! Greetings WrA forums! I've been on this server for a bit now, since sometime in the middle of Cataclysm, and was on Cenarion Circle before that. I'm mainly an Alliance player, dabbling in both RP and some progression PVE when my schedule permits it. This is all well and good, but I'm getting a little bored with my stable of Alliance alts at this point. I wanted to try out something new, so I started to take a look Horde-side. I decided to level an alt "heavy RP immersion" style. No heirlooms and no instanced content, just questing and learning all about the storyline, keeping in-character as often as possible. I'm looking for a good Tauren-focused guild to help accomplish this. I'm not picky in terms of perks or guild bank privileges. I'd ideally like a small to medium sized guild that's relatively active with a clear RP focus and a level of personal maturity/decorum in it's members (I've run into trouble finding guilds that fit this last point in the past on Alliance) Since I'm otherwise unfamiliar with the Horde community on this server, does anyone know of a guild that's recruiting and fits this bill?Echasta7 Dec 18, 2013
Dec 18, 2013 Raiding on Wyrmrest - Infinite (Horde) This is going to ruffle some feathers... and I'm ok with that. (LONG POST) I have been a GM on WrA for almost 2 years. Over those 2 years, in the PVE scene there is something I constantly notice any time new content is released / announced. "Raiding on WrA sucks", "Raiding is dying on WrA", "Lack of good players on WrA". WHY ! Why is this the case? GM's, Raid Leaders of raiding guilds, I look to you. (Obviously this will NOT apply to every GM or Raid Leader in every raiding guild..... there are always those exceptions.) You are the leaders of this part of our community. Though we are Horde side, I'd like to also include the Alliance side GM's & Raid Leaders here... I feel its a concern both factions should consider. Long gone should be the notion that you need to have a higher item level than what the instance gear is to enter. Long gone should be the notion that you must have an achieve to do content. The raiding community on WrA is what WE make it to be. A Guild Master, A Raid Leader...... what do? WE are the ones that create communities. WE are the ones that set the guidelines about who can and cannot join our guilds, our raids, our events. In my opinion, if there is a major issue with the raiding on WrA, it is the leaders of these communities that need to turn their attention as to WHY. Yes, having a competent team of players who can go in and do content quickly, efficiently without hassle is a good feeling. You managed to assemble the right people who have the time to commit to meeting your every requirement. How many of the raid leaders, GM's reading this, have experienced the feeling of TEACHING someone. Taking them from the point of hitting end game, helping them through learning that hey, if you stand in the fire, you aren't going to get a buff? Everyone at some point, believe it or not, doesn't know everything. Do you remember your first raid? I mean REALLY remember your first raid.... did you know everything? Your lying if you say you did. Did someone teach you? Take the time to say "If you do this just a bit differently, you will get better results". People should not have to put up with having to hop from raid team to raid team while they "learn" because they made a mistake. Normal should STILL be an option for the average player right now. Since when should the average player be forced into LFR or Flex? If you always go the path of least resistance you will never test what you CAN become. For me, as a raid leader, and as a guild master... taking everything that I have learned over my 2 years of playing 12+ hours a day and helping to teach another player how they can reach a level where normal content is not this overwhelming, intimidating aspect of the game is WHY I still play the game. -continued below-Arixiath18 Dec 18, 2013
Dec 18, 2013 I think I want to join you guys and gals. I am coming back to WOW after a break. I got bored and took some time off, but I miss WOW and want to play again. I have had various characters on different servers, but many of them are low pop or worse. I hope to have a fun time on a high pop realm where I actually see others and can buy and sell things on the AH. I am going to roll a new toon and start fresh with nothing but my heirlooms I can finally mail cross realm. I want to make sure though that you all think this will be a good place for me. I REALLY want to raid, but I never really did much of it. I prefer PVE, but a little PVP can be fun. I enjoy being in the game and RP will definitely make the world more fun for me. How is the PVE raid progression here, and will you all be forgiving if I want to learn to tank raids? I dont want an elitist server, but I certainly don't want to find that nobody raids here pecause it's an RP server. Are there any guilds out there that would like a new alliance toon who levels fast, enjoys dungeons, trade skills, a little pvp, but mainly has a focus on learning to tank some raids? I have a real life and commitments outside of WOW, so I dont want a real structured and strict guild, but one that lets a casual have fun and will help me learn the end game, even if its with all the old timers alts, I am ok with that, as long as I have an opportunity. Anything else you think I should know before I start fresh over here, please let me know. Thanks in advance!!!Kamshaftz6 Dec 18, 2013
Dec 18, 2013 Where was the kindness? Today, I took a trip to the first major city I ever visited, back when I first started during the days where Cata and Mists did not exist - Thunder Bluff. It was pretty basic to begin with. Same ol' same ol', plus the festive goodies... Then the Alliance hit that place like a freight train. Some counted thirty or more players, attacking everything. The moment it respawned, they killed it. It was rediculous... The few players milling about town hopped to the defense, and were mercilessly slaughtered. In a panic, I managed to catch a ride back to Orgrimmar to ask everyone to put together a raid to head back to Thunder Bluff and stop the raid. I got a reply. One simple word. "no" ...Every Horde player I see that posts on these forums here? You're all nice people. Good people. The kind that I'd trust to watch my back, if there was a reason for such an occurance to pop up. But... Where was the kindness then? No one I saw was typing like they knew how to use a keyboard. No one knew proper grammar. And "no"? That was, without a doubt, the trigger of this little rant here. Where the heck is the kindness I see on these forums? Why in the world did they just decide to let Thunder Bluff be persistently slaughtered for no good reason?Makkintosshu19 Dec 18, 2013
Dec 18, 2013 Dioltari, where are you? While I don't like or encourage 'Call Out' threads. This one is a bit different as I'm trying to find a player from our Guild that has mysteriously vanished. She was always online on a regular occassion and she suddenly disappeared. I, along with various other members, have her RiD accounts on our Friends Lists and she hasn't been on at all. My primary concern for asking if anyone has seen her is merely because several of us are incredibly worried that something has happened to her. I would say more, but I don't feel it's right to divulge IRL information to the general public, especially if I'm not sure that is what caused her absence to begin with. But still... Dioltari, if you're out there. We hope you're alright and we'd love to hear from ya sometime. Even if it's just to let us know you and your family are ok. Sincerely; The Fist.Dinthoqaf1 Dec 18, 2013