Wyrmrest Accord

Jan 11 New Year, New Video Game Thread It's time....... for video games. What're you playing, WrA? Other than WoW, that is! Anything on the horizon that's piqued your interest? Tell me about it! Mad about loot boxes? Yell about them here!! Me, I've been playing a lot of Vermintide. I love the loot progression combined with the Left 4 Dead-esque gameplay. I even went ahead and pre-ordered Vermintide 2. Soon as I can upgrade my graphic card I'm gonna get Total War: Warhammer 2 and the Tomb Kings expac, for sure, but I'm most excited for Phantom Doctrine which is an XCOM-esque strategy espionage game set during the Cold War. So both the gameplay and the setting are bound to be right up my alley. Phoenix Point is another XCOM-y game I have my eyes on. So many video games aaaahhh.Kazimir26 Jan 11
Jan 11 It's official I now have 6 110 characters 2 Death Knights 1 Paladin 1 Warlock 1 Mage 1 Demon Hunter And a partridge in a pear tree! No more! I'm going to now decide which will be my main for BfA...help?Dayren3 Jan 11
Jan 11 Organizations and Class ''Everything is possible.'' In my boredom, I've been thinking about the correlation between classes and their organizations. For example: Paladins and the Silver Hand, Druids are the Cenarion Circle, Shaman and the Earthen Ring, etc. Is it possible to have classes that have pulled away from their respective organizations that aren't evil? Perhaps I'm ignorant, but I can't think of any character that's left his or her organization but continues to do, for example, druidic things. So, I suppose what I'm asking is, is this even possible? I feel like organizations sort of have a lot of sway/power over the members of the class. - Mages that aren't Kirin Tor seem to be few and far between, and they don't seem to be trusted very much. - Druids that aren't part of the Circle are generally all corrupt. - Shaman that aren't part of the Earthen Ring are rogue and often times corrupted as well. - Almost all paladins are part of some order: Draenei = Vindicators, Blood Elves = Blood Knights, Humans/Dwarves = Silver Hand, Tauren = Sunwalkers - Etc.Gerrion19 Jan 11
Jan 11 [H]<The Varden> Raid Sales Edit: The Varden has closed its doors and stopped raiding. Thank you for everyone that has supported us!Zerrahki21 Jan 11
Jan 11 Questions on BE Lore/Major Events/Ages Hello Wyrmrest! Sorry if this is a bit long winded and or silly questions. I recently started a new alt with a friend that recently came into WoW and wanted to RP (which he is new to the lore, however I am moreso a veteran--I am just a bit more keen on sections of lore, BE is something I am learning alongside him, but I am privy to War of the Ancients/moreso Night Elf side lore); he's taken a liking to Blood Elves, so we decided that we would try a brother and sister pairing. Though since we've created them, we've been tossing up some ideas, but its been hard to place some things pertaining what 'year' they may have been born in the Warcraft timeline, what things they may have lived through at what age, and what their current age would be in Legion. I think I am aiming for the sister I play to be a bit older, and may have defended her younger brother from the Scourge onslaught when Arthas had marched down the Dead Scar. She may have been either a mage or warlock in life (leaning toward Mage) however, she was killed in that onslaught, and risen as a Death Knight later on. Her brother would have lived on and decided to become a mage, unbeknownst his sister had been reanimated and has mostly been living alone after Arthas as the LK had fallen in Wrath (if thats doable lorewise?) I have looked at some links pertaining to BE Lore/Guides, as well as wowpedia/etc. But no matter how much I try to wrap my head around it, I cant get a straight answer on the ages they were at certain time periods, and how old each of them would be currently. I think my character would have been an adult when she was killed, with her brother being a young adult, for a Blood Elf. TL:DR: Trying to figure out the timeline events our Blood Elves may have lived through/what year they were born on the Warcraft timeline, what ages they were at major events, and what current ages they would be now (though I'm sure my character would be the same age when she died as.)Narkra38 Jan 11
Jan 11 [H-RP] Celebration of the Fallen Event Hello, Wyrmrest! We have an exciting event to share with you this evening. On January 12th, this Friday, The Winter Celebration of the Fallen will take place! 6PM server time, 9PM EST. The Bulwark, Tirisfal Glades. This event will be a hosted by Marceline Knight and the members of Darkstand. Now, what is the Celebration of the Fallen? The Forsaken community has decided to celebrate the fallen brothers and sisters of their kin. Doing so in celebration, honoring them. A festival to some, an honorable gathering to others. Full of festivities, dancing, honorable mannerisms, and the overall Forsaken experience. This will be a tribute to and for the members of the Forsaken that have perished against the Legion and upon the fel remains of Argus. (Legion expansion / current content). We will have several activities that will take place and the event will end with a moment of silence and a solemn prayer if players are interested in that.Foxglovë3 Jan 11
Jan 11 Wyrmrest Accord or Moon Guard? Hello everyone! I am a new WoW player, who happens to love RP (I have been playing "textual role games" since I was a teenager... 10 years later still love it) but that made a huge mistake in picking Sentinels as realm, which is complitely desert. I play since two months and I have never done even a little bit of RP. I am now trying to talk with Blizzard to give me a free exchange server (good luck with that, right?), because for sure I am not going to pay 60 bucks to switch to another server (I might just rather quit!)... And if they will help me I might try to switch to another RP server and I understood that Wyrmrest and MoonGuard are the best. Now, my main is a Human Monk which I love, but I'd love to play some Horde as well at some point... What do you think it's the best? I just don't want to wander around without meeting anyone like it happens in Sentinels, have some fun RPing and make new friends. Any advice? P.s. I have found similar posts that goes back to two years ago, so since stuff like this changes I thought to ask to have a better understanding at the current situation.Eathiel42 Jan 11
Jan 11 @Astrid We found it. We finally found it. https://i.imgur.com/EJVtCVC.pngKrenkan1 Jan 11
Jan 11 Kingdom Reborn: Part 1 Hello Everybody! I’m a longtime rp nerd of Warcraft and am almost unhealthily obsessed with speculating and studying warcraft’s lore. I figured it be fun to do a small series of discussions regarding Lordaeron’s possible restoration in OR after BfA. I’d love to receive some input for this idea and perhaps even suggestions for future topics! For this series we’ll be starting with the most basic question: Why does Stormwind care about an undead wasteland? I’ll be breaking this down into multiple parts to answer these questions to the best of my ability. I’m framing it in bullet points to keep the discussion simple. I’ll start with logical reasons, then moral/personal belief, and then finally the feasibility of the restoration.Thormil3 Jan 11
Jan 11 RP Combat. How do you do it? Tonight on For the Role Play, we will be discussing the aspect of combat in Role Play. Our question to you folks is: How do you folks in Wrymrest Accord RP combat in the game? Let us know and we will share it on the show! Come and join in the conversation tonight at 7p.m. pst over at Twitch.tv/fortheroleplay !Turwinkle30 Jan 11
Jan 11 The Covenant of Wyrmrest Accord The credit for this goes to a very old roleplayer of Kirin Tor, Sesobael the High Proctor of the Poor Sages of Lordaeron, I hope what he has wrote affects Wyrmrest Accord in good ways in this present and it's future. The link to the original covenant will be at the bottom. So now I make to you this covenant, and if you agree, you can join in. I will treat my fellow World of Warcraft players respectfully on an Out-of-Character level even when they don't seem to deserve it. I don't know what sort of day they've had. I will not respond to immaturity with further immaturity. I will acknowledge and respect the roleplaying choices of other people, even if I don't understand them. This includes the choice not to roleplay at all. I do reserve the right to respond in-character how my character would normally react, even if that would not be positively, but I will bear no animosity to the player of the other character. I will offer friendly advice and criticism, but back off if it is not wanted. You just have to tell me to do so. I will listen to offered advice and consider it. I can't promise to follow it, but I won't dismiss it out-of-hand. I will name all of my characters appropriately and according to RP realm naming conventions. I will not use leetspeak, excessive abbreviations, "lol" or the like while in-character, as they could be damaging to other people's roleplaying mood. I will try not to hold a grudge about loot or PvP. It's only a game. The character on the screen is not me, it's just a video avatar associated with a long string of semi-personalized numbers. I will not go to another realm's forum and complain about their behavior on the Battlegrounds. I'd like to show some dignity and class so perhaps players from those realms will start treating us the same way. If I am having a problem that I can't resolve myself, I will ask for help. There is no shame in asking for assistance, and a fresh perspective might be just what is needed. I will play World of Warcraft to have fun. If I stop having fun, I will stop playing. If it becomes inconvenient to play due to real-life circumstances, I will stop playing. It doesn't necessarally mean that the other players on Wyrmchrest Accord have done anything wrong. No, you can't have my stuff, I might come back someday. Seriously. Sheesh. I will respect the time and decisions of the game masters, designers, forum moderators, public relations representatives, and other employees of Blizzard, even if I don't agree with them. These people put a lot of time and effort into making our gaming experience worthwhile for everyone, and are just trying to do their job within the constraints given to them by the company, its parent's company, and the law of the land. If I have an issue which needs to be regarded, I will go through the proper channels. I will abide by the various terms of use and service that I signed when first installing the game or logging onto the forums. I will remain good to my word. I reserve the right to add or remove aspects of this covenant, and to respect the decisions of others with regards to the covenant. It must be, and is, a self-regulating code of honor. I will not look down on others for not ascribing to the covenant. I will encourage roleplay on the forums by bumping, reading, responding to it with positive and helpful attention. (Credit goes to Esis) I will go to as many events, run by as many people, as possible. I will invite as many people as I can.(Credit goes to Esis) Collected players of Wyrmrest Accord, thank you for your time. Sincerely, The player of Sesobael alias "Simon Bale" known as "High Proctor of the Poor Sages of Lordaeron" ((To see his original covenant here is the link. http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=11471380&sid=1)) (( Yes, this thread has been copy-pasted. ))Huatar222 Jan 11
Jan 11 [H] Claw and Shadow Recruiting! 2/11M We transferred here to Wyrmrest Accord in the Legion Pre-patch and are a group of friends whom have been playing together for years and are looking to recruit for raid progression in Legion! Many of us have experienced the endgame content of each expansion and enjoy competing, progressing and keeping a fun environment throughout. The community on our old server either migrated to other servers (many to here on Wyrmrest), or have just sort of died off as far as raiding is concerned so we made the move and are looking to fill the rest of our roster for Mythic raiding. Officer Core has been together since BC, many of our guild members have played with us since Cataclysm and MOP. We're a friendly group of people looking to have fun and do some progression. We very frequently have Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons going along with whatever event is going on for the week, and have semi regular Kara runs with a Nightbane clear group or two cycling people in for mounts. General schedule will be : Tuesday - 730-1030pm server Wednesday - 730-1030pm server Thursday - 730-1030pm server As far as our direct recruitment needs ATM go for raiding, solid players of their class who are looking for a place to have fun with some other like minded individuals are welcome to apply. We are currently looking for bench players looking to raid 1-2 nights a week. EN : 7/7 M TOV : 3/3 H, 2/3 M NH : 10/10 N, 10/10 H, 8/10 M TOS : 9/9 N, 9/9 H, 5/9 M Antorus : 11/11N, 11/11 H, 2/11 M If you're interested, feel free to hit up one of the following people in game : Mucc Alizarin Xouren We hope to hear from you soon! Wow Progress : http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/wyrmrest-accord/Claw+and+ShadowMucc101 Jan 11
Jan 11 [H] <Lichbane Clan> 8/11H W/Th 4:30-7:30 PST <The Lichbane Clan> is a Horde Heroic raiding guild, currently 8/11 Heroic in Antorus, on Wyrmrest Accord server. Our goal is to achieve AOTC on a short raid schedule. We pride ourselves on clearing heroic content in a relaxed, laid back envionnement and having a blast doing it. Recruitment (Updated 1/4/18) The following classes are currently in highest demand: Tank: None Healer: None Dps: Warrior, Rogue, Elemental Shaman (with Resto offspec), Hunter, Warlock Players of unlisted classes are welcome to apply. We trial anyone who wishes to join our guild. Raid Schedule • Wednesday and Thursday 7:30PM-10:30PM EST (4:30PM-7:30PM Server) • 2 days (6 hours a week) • Our atmosphere is laid-back and fun with a lot of laughing, cringe and terrible puns. • Our core still enjoys the game very much. • We use RC Loot Council on Master Looter We supply all Flasks, Pots and Feasts. Also, for all gear obtained in the raid we will provide Enchants and Gems. This means that you no longer have to spend your gold on that 5k enchant, and can instead spend it on the 30 different transmog outfits you have. Contact Information Varthiis (Guild Master) BattleTag: JoetheToe#1911 Whisperindre (Co-Guild Master) BattleTag: Griffinborn#11462 Aggragore (Recruitment Officer) BattleTag: DominusUmbra#11999 Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/cjxbnFhAggragore15 Jan 11
Jan 11 Lordaeron Doesn't Matter It's just full of gross dead things anyway.Verlinnea39 Jan 11
Jan 11 [H] LF guild Hi all, Apologies if this isn't posted in the right place. I'm trying the forums because I haven't had much luck in-game finding a guild that works for me. A little bit about me: I've been around since early Vanilla, but on sort of an on again/off again basis, usually on the more casual side of things (mainly due to IRL commitments). What I'm basically looking for at this point is a relaxed, mature, somewhat tight-knit group of people who just enjoy playing WoW together and helping each other out. I don't really have any requirements as to what type of guild, I'm up for whatever: RP, PvE, PvP, anything else, is all good. If anyone knows of any good guilds Hordeside that might sound like a good fit, please give me a heads up. Thanks for your time!Derivan1 Jan 11
Jan 11 What keeps you coming back to your main? I've got a pretty bad case of altoholisim. I'll be on, leveling up yet another character, see that warlock with his cool infernal, switch to my warlock, level him up a bit, see a shaman with a cool transmog, and switch to him for a bit, see a death knight with their sweet mount and switch to that..... One week I'll love being an evil undead emotionless character and the next I'll be sick of "always being the bad guy" it and want to play a paladin. One day I'll want to play a hunter, but then an hour later I'll think that it's not worth it because what If I want to tank or heal someday. It's never ending, I can't decide what to play! Before I know it I'll have every class at 110. Sometime I think "just play whatever you want!" and thats never worked. I've seen people say "just play what you keep going back to!" and I "go back to" everything. I've tried thinking "what class would I actually be if I was in wow" and that's not really a help either. I've had people say "being an altoholic is ok as long as your having fun!" I see that as a non-answer. I wouldn't be writing this if I didn't have a problem with what I'm currently doing. While I do like leveling, I don't feel like I have a home. I don't have that character to go back to. I feel out of place. This interferes with my roleplay a lot. I can't join a guild because who the hell knows what class I'll be on tomorrow. I can't keep up with current content because who knows what class I'll be on tomorrow. I can't make a good backstory because why put in the effort if I'm just going to flit from character to character. I'd really like to be a part of the community here, but I can't can't even commit to a character. I think my real problem is that I like to much. I don't dislike any classes. I like tanking, I like healing, I like dps, I like it all. I would say something like "I think if I was raiding I'd heal" but literally last week I was totally in the mindset of "screw healing, I'll just dps". Maybe hearing why you guys keep going back to your main will help me. Most of the threads I've seen of this nature aren't related to both content and rp, it's usually one or the other. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my ranting.Neensun38 Jan 11
Jan 11 WTB Heroic Argus kill for AOTC I would prefer tonight, but my schedule is open I will pay once argus is killed. I will show you I have the gold in a trade window but will only pay for the service once the service is completed. Sorry, just how I work. Whisper or invite me to a party. <3Stonehouse3 Jan 11
Jan 11 [A]<The Jadepaw Dynasty> [Pandaria Roleplay] For more info and application, visit our site at: Jadepaw.com! Welcome! <The Jadepaw Dynasty> is a heavy roleplaying guild focused upon Pandaria and Pandaren culture! We’ve been around for over three years now, and in that time we’ve built a very solid community of active players from all across this fine server. The Jadepaw Clan is made up of pandaren from the Wandering Isle and Pandaria. Although we are all different, our common thread is to protect Pandaria and represent pandaren interests abroad. We do this by creating trade contacts, supporting our allies, and fighting all those who threaten our borders. The Jadepaw offer a wide variety of RP, from small jobs to long campaigns. A major focus of the guild is creating a functional culture in and around Pandaria. It is our hope to improve not only our own RP, but the stories of those who may simply wish to visit for a time. The Jadepaw itself is a neutral, pandaria aligned faction. We consider ourselves to be most cordial with the Alliance, but ultimately, we support our own country over the interests of foreigners. Because of this we accept both neutral and alliance aligned members. We’re even open to cross faction RP! We differ somewhat from other guilds, in that our primary roleplaying focus is actually not centered around the Jadepaw Clan itself, but Pandaria in general. You won’t need to worry about fitting your character to our group, or sitting through much ‘guild business’ type RP. While the Jadepaw exists as a faction within our roleplaying community, we have spots for plenty of outliers. Heroes, villains, thieves, shado-pan, merchants, lore walkers…if you find yourself connected to Pandaria and its people, you’ve got a spot with us here. OOC Information: We invite any friendly, WoW loving people to stop by and say hello! We try hard to foster a welcoming environment for our guild. Drama and bashing is not tolerated. The Jadepaw use our guild chat ICly, and an OOC channel for all other discussions. This allows people to join the channel on their mains, but still keep tabs on when we’re running events without always needing to be on their pandaren character. Outside of role-play, we do regular heroics, scenarios, and raid finder runs. We have weekly writing contests with plenty of prizes, and encourage creativity among members! We do not have a level cap- as soon as your pandaren is off the isle, they are welcome to apply for joining! Non-Pandaren? As a pandaren guild, we try to keep our membership limited to Pandarian species only. However, members may have OOC alts of any race who are welcome to attend events with us from time to time. We also have close ties to non-pandaren groups that join us for RP. The jadepaw itself is pandaren only, but not our community! If you are a non-pandaren looking to join in with some pandarian RP, all you need do is whisper an officer at event time. So long as you are respectful, we’d be happy to have you! Where do we role-play? We role-play predominantly in Pandaria, utilizing summons to get lower level members into the towns and zones that we are currently playing in. Many of our members can be found lurking around in Dawn’s Blossom for walk up RP. You can also find us in Mistfall, Halfhill, and various other spots around Pandaria. As of Legion, we'll also be extending our campaign out to the Broken Isles. What are role-plays like? Most of our events run something like a DM game. We use a D20 for attacks and encounters, but don’t limit ourselves just to fighting. We do a lot of exploring, archeology digs, card games, and more. There is generally a plot thread shaping the overall guild storyline, but most events are relatively self contained. How strict is the lore? We try to keep to official lore as closely as possible, while still allowing for speculation in places where the lore is lacking. You are not expected to follow racial stereotypes, but we do ask you follow common sense. Generally speaking, we are not a good fit for overly unique concepts. Powers that don't exist in the warcraft universe aren't going to go over well. But if you are willing to work with us, we're happy to take on beginners! We also offer one on one RP nights to help with folks afraid of crowds. Weekly Schedule: Sparring Night- Sunday, 7 Server at Dawn's Blossom Campaign RP- Wednesday, 8 Server. [ See in game for location. ] One on Ones- Friday, 7:30 Server. [ See in game for location. ] Tavern Night- Saturday, 7 Server at Dawn's Blossom. Yao80 Jan 11
Jan 11 [H-PvE] Trivial Pursuit (1/11M) recruiting! <Trivial Pursuit> is a semi-hardcore raiding guild that brought members from different servers onto Wyrmrest Accord to pursue the noble goal of killing bosses! We are recently established on this server and we are looking to expand our membership and raiding roster. Our guild is progression-oriented and we are always looking to learn, try new things and challenge ourselves. In addition to raiding 2 to 3 days a week, we also regularly do Mythic+ runs so raiders can always have a chance to upgrade their gear and push keys. There are also many opportunities for casual PvP in Rated Battlegrounds and Arenas! Raiding is not required for membership in the guild - so contact us if you’d like to be a social member. We are now progressing into Mythic Antorus (1/11) after acquiring Ahead of the Curve. Invites start 15 minutes before raid time and any unfilled spots are first-come, first-served. Raid Times: Friday/Saturday @ 9PM - 12 AM EST Optional Monday @ 9PM - 12 AM EST Tuesday Farm @ 9PM EST Currently recruiting: DPS - preferentially ranged. Loot is distributed via loot council. This allows us to gear the group much faster. Applicants will trial on a farm night during the week, and initiation lasts 1-2 lockouts. Placement on the raiding team is merit-based, including officers. Your behavior during pull should be mature! Addons: DBM/Bigwigs, Angry Assignments, RCLootCouncil, Best in Slot Redux, damage meter. Discord is required. Join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/TMjQuqm or contact Ravikyran - (scolopendra#11839) in-game if you have any questions! trivialpursuit.wra@gmail.com GM: Peachsong Officers: Sachari, Calidorae, Stealthcat, Ravikyran, AlazerilRavikyran6 Jan 11
Jan 10 [H] <Alt Tabbed> 8/11H Recruiting <Alt Tabbed> is a Horde PvE guild, recruiting more for both a weekend Heroic team, as well as a secondary weekday team. Who we are: A group of semi-adults (Look, I might technically be an adult, but I don't think I can be called one if I eat ice cream for breakfast) who want to have fun together knocking out current content. While the desire to progress into mythic has been present once we had heroic on farm, we did not have the bodies to do so. We've had a history of AotC since Emerald Nightmare. Raid Schedule: Team 1: Saturday: 7p-10p Server Time Sunday: 6p-8p Server Time ------------------------------------------ Team 2: Wednesday: 5:30p-7:30p Server Time Thursday: 5:30p-7:30p Server time Recruitment Needs: -Melee DPS: Death Knight, Warrior Priority: High -Ranged DPS: Druid, Shaman, Warlock Priority: High -Healers: All Priority: Low -Tanks: All Priority: As low as my living standards Antorus Plans We are 8/11H, with our few pulls on Coven ending at about 55% Our secondary team has not yet started, but will be far more casual than our weekend team. New to raiding? Don't sweat it. On Tuesdays at 5p server time (A bit late, I know), I usually start a normal [current raid] group and invite everyone who can make it. It's good if you're looking to get past lfr, test out a new rotation, or even gear an alt! My only stipulation is you're not a jackass about it, and be willing to listen and not just get carried. Do y'all roleplay? While we have no storyline events, we do have tea parties and fireside gatherings for existing characters, and those who are interested in roleplaying, but new to it. Contact: Snowrelia (Btag UmiSagara#1691) or (Discord Snow#0992)Snowrelia22 Jan 10
Jan 10 Void Elf Death Knights I want it bad, I know it's not lore friendly but I want it bad.Dayren66 Jan 10
Jan 10 Lor'themar doesn't matter When was the last time he did something? P.S. I love being a trend setter.Stonehouse27 Jan 10
Jan 10 It Is Wednesday My Dudes Tell me... tell me everything.Torquebarrel24 Jan 10
Jan 10 PvP Skirmish Hello Horde, First of all let me introduce myself. I am GeeGee Boltz. I am the PvP organizer for Gnomeregan Forever, all gnomes, all the time. We are currently looking for a group of Horde (preferably Goblins, but we can stab the rest in the knees) to do PvP skirmishes with. We are not the best PvPers, but we make up for it in effort. If you have a horde guild or a group of horde friends that would be interested in a few games on a Thursday night at 6:00pm server, please get in touch with me in game so we can iron out the details. We usually have about 5-9 gnomes ready to give their all for the war effort. Thanks! GGGeegeeboltz11 Jan 10
Jan 10 Your favorite place to hang out in character? Even if it sees no foot traffic. For me, it's Lion's Rest. Listening to that lovely music on a "veteran" character never ceases to inspire.Minerva29 Jan 10
Jan 10 One more Try. m going to give the RP community one more try. It hasn't all been bad. Most say I'm actually not bad for a new RPer and do certain things well. But most people stop before they really get to know my character. I just want an adventuring buddy, someone to explore the world with. Male, female, bi, trans I don't give a crap, I just want to experience the World in WoW again. If people would take 10 seconds to get to know my character and READ my profile they would find I have so much to give and to contribute in terms of WoW RP and friendship. I don't understand how in RP you are not supposed to know anyone's name or info from their profile, you must learn it over time, then what's the point of having the name and profile visible in the first place? Again, just looking for meaningful WoW RP, an adventuring buddy to make the game feel alive for me again. People RP with me just a little and say I do things good but then all of sudden, bam, it stops and they are gone. I did my hardcore raiding for 11 years, and I don't have time anymore to raid on a set schedule, I did my contribution now I want to have fun. I'm not trolling I just literally don't know how to go about this. Please help, this is my last try before I fade back into the background of LFR, LFD and logging on every 5 to 6 months for patches.... Please add if interested DeadlyFeet#19604Sycophantam23 Jan 10
Jan 10 My fourth virus since September? send helpAlledria19 Jan 10
Jan 10 Lorlathil doesn't matter It's full of mean druids who don't drink the Nightmare Kool-Aid, and when they do, they try to kill us.Shadesinger0 Jan 10
Jan 10 L'Oreal Doesn't Matter Zenrao15 Jan 10
Jan 10 <Raven Company> is recruiting! www.ravencompany.shivtr.com WHO'S A WHAT NOW? We are a Medium-Heavy RP and PvE mercenary company. We hire out on contract, lawfully emphasizing in bounty-hunting, criminal detainment, detective work, slaying the supernatural, killing Horde--you name it. What stories do you want to tell with your character? Come explore with us! We host events on Tuesday and Thurs/Fri/Sat. Additionally, we look to hosting open-server events to build community outside the guild. QUOTH THE RAVEN, ENLIST Feel free to message Raethclast or Daniira in-game with any questions, but an application is required @ www.ravencompany.shivtr.com As of right now, we are not accepting Death Knights, Demon Hunters, dragons, hybrid races, or any major deviance from Warcraft lore. This is to keep a steady container on the quality of events we produce. OUR GOAL To create a rich character-based story atmosphere that resembles a TV show "team" or cast around specific objectives. Story content will not simply be combat or bounty-hunting related; events and situations to develop the personal arcs of player characters is not only essential, but actively pursued and developed by guild leadership. EVENTS We host events during the evening on Tuesday, and Thursday through Saturday. There will always be one major event every week. We also promote mythic+ progression and a routine (yet casual) raid team. In addition, we frequently host open-server workshops to develop and discuss RP. Example topics include "Developing Compelling Character Motives" and "How To Roleplay (Insert Race Here)?". These happen bi-weekly, sometimes weekly. The guild is run by a 10+ year RPG-roleplay veteran who also has been writing movies/fantasy scripts for nearly 15 years. Let's build something fun and meaningful together.Raethclast0 Jan 10
Jan 10 PvP guilds? Hi all. As the title says, I'm looking for a guild that does some kind of PvP, whether it be BGs or skirms or whatever else. I'm fine with RP, but my primary love is PvP, and I miss being able to do it with a group of people I love. I don't mind if the guild is primarily PvE, but I have little to no interest in raiding (I enjoy M+ though). Thanks in advance :)Selanan8 Jan 10
Jan 10 (A)<Sector XVII>PvP Guild-LFM & Rival Guilds! We're a laid back, casual-semi serious PvP guild. We do multiple events a week. Current Schedule: Mondays: Dueling Tournaments - With gold for top 3 winners - 5 PM Server Tuesday: RBGS - 4PM Server Wednesday: RBGS - 4PM Server Thursday: RBGS - 4PM Server Friday: WPvP - 5PM Server Saturday: Guild VS Guild - 5PM Server Sunday: Day of rest. We're actively recruiting, as we don't have requirements on PvP XP to join. We range from casual PvPers to more serious PvPers interested in pushing ratings. We just like to be social, have fun, and do PvP related guild activities. We aren't elitists and aren't looking to scold you even if you're lacking skill level. As for our RBGs we have group 1 going for wins now, as our PvP lead sets up the group to actually be more competitive and push ratings, then we will start a group 2 for wins/fun/leisure RBGs. We're also looking for rival guilds for Guild VS Guild fun on Saturdays, for match ups in pre-made WSG and Twin Peaks. (5v5 and up)! Message me in game if interested in either the guild, or the Guild VS Guild!Ledromire3 Jan 10
Jan 10 Thank you, Horde PVP So, I have a worgen hunter (101) who was trying to establish an RP relationship with a holy priestess at the Blue Recluse last night. He was floundering until the Horde chose that moment to attack the Blue Recluse. He flagged to defend her, and was promptly killed (duh). She rezzed and healed him, berating him for defending her (level 30). Instant bonding. Thanks guys - couldn't have timed it better if you had planned it for me!Jonchess38 Jan 10
Jan 10 What are you excited about in BfA? I think I've probably made it clear too many times that I really can't wait for BfA to drop!!! We tend to discuss the flaws and concerns we have-- which makes sense! I know a lot of people are unhappy about a lot of things, & their reasons are often really valid. BUT this is the post in which to spread joy!! So, WRA, what are you happy about in the upcoming expansion? What are you scouring the datamines for, or what at least made you smile when you saw it in the announcement? I'd really super appreciate it if we can keep this a happy thread-- this is the space to overflow with enthusiasm & relish in everyone else's enthusiasm too, even if you don't share it (or even dislike their favorite thing!) Me, well, everyone knows I can't wait for void elves-- but the better-kept secret is that I just finally read Chronicle 1, & that got me super excited for dark irons too!! I'm so happy with the guilds and events that have started showing up, especially the neutral guilds (s/o to Cannibal for getting Grey Haven going!) I am absolutely overjoyed with the budding void elf community, & the incredible creativity and support I've seen growing in the discord and the forums. Finally (although I could squee about so much more), I actually think the faction conflict could be really cool! I've never gotten to play Rouille in PvP/super Horde RP, and I'm really excited to get her going in that.Rouille72 Jan 10
Jan 9 Canon Cast of Adventurers This is the cutscene for retiring our artifacts, and we're in it!... kind of. If nothing else, it's interesting to me. For some people, this may be a spoiler, so click with caution. http://www.wowhead.com/news=280065/retiring-artifact-weapons-cutscene-spoilers This is both an odd choice to me, and also awesome. I like the idea of us having these sort of canonical counterparts, but it's weird to see it and go "Oh look it's me, but also not."Zenrao40 Jan 9
Jan 9 An IC/OOC toggle So I'm sure most people who read the forums are aware that in BfA there will be a new PvP system which allows players to toggle on/off their PvP status in a rested area, and upon doing so enter a version of their realm where they will only see others with the same setting turned on. In a discussion about the toggle I came up with an analogous system for RP realms and how that would benefit them the same way this change will benefit PvPers, and I actually thought the idea might be a good one. I figured I'd find no better place to see if people agree than among other RPers. So the idea is to have a toggle, just like the PvP one, that you can set to In or Out of Character. While in one of those settings the only other players you will encounter are those who are IC or OOC as well. The technology is clearly there since it can happen for PvP. It seems to me that it would generally benefit random, walk up RP because you could make sure your entire setting was one where everyone else was approachable. Cities would be opened up entirely, allowing for more variety of locations for RP, and at the same time there would be no disruption at all to the day to day function of WrA as a normal realm for players who use it as such. Even more, I imagine benefits to Open World RP. I've had someone save me on Argus several times, only to find myself unsure whether to thank them IC or OOC. I usually go with a /thank, but it means that potential moments for RP often go wasted because no one was sure whether the other person was interested and just went about their business instead. If someone was in the IC shard, you'd know their "saving" your character was IC, and could lead to working together to kill more Demons, or retiring to the Vindicaar for a drink, or anything else. An organic way for characters to meet and develop shared stories. I could easily be missing something that makes it a terrible idea, but I kind of like it and if we all did we could certainly start asking for something like it, so how does it sound?Gurxos10 Jan 9
Jan 9 Revenant Cosmos: A Void Elf RP Community 55 posts 1 min ago A few weeks back, I saw someone posting on the forums in search of a "Void Elf RP Community". Since then, a Void Elf discord server has materialized, but no dedicated forums. As such, I decided to take matters into my own hands and have created one! Revenant Cosmos is open to any and all who plan to RP Ren'dorei with the coming expansion and is inspired by the successful, player provided roleplaying forums for other games, such as http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com and http://www.swtor-rp.com/. We use the website enjin.com to host our forums. For those unfamiliar with enjin, it is basically a facebook for gamers, and an account will be required in order to participate on the site. So, if this is something that interests you, please tell all your friends! The best way for this project to become a successful roleplaying resource is if word gets out and people get posting! Let's start making connections and telling great stories! :) https://revenantcosmos.enjin.com/ (Please note: This will always be a work in progress. Any suggestions or critiques will always be welcome if offered respectfully!)Voìdcaller12 Jan 9
Jan 9 Future Lightforged There are two WQs up in Antorus for Army of the Light rep tokens. That's 1000 rep right there. If you've already progressed through Argus on a main, you can take all of your level 110 alts, do the quests to get to Argus, and then do those WQs basically instantly since they're in Antorus (Antorus WQs don't need to be unlocked, you just need to get to Argus). Enjoy.Kasskeelhaul7 Jan 9
Jan 9 GDD: #8 - I have a SERIOUS problem with GMs. I put in a ticket. Ticket gets solved to my satisfaction. Gm proceeds to tell a joke. "Why can't gnomes be paladins? Because they can't reach the light!' THEN WHY CAN THEY BE PRIESTS?!?! *flips, sets fire to, and then blows up table*Stonehouse11 Jan 9
Jan 9 Could Elune cure undeath? We've seen her cleanse fel corruption and turn a damn dragon into stars, I really don't see why she couldn't cleanse a night elf DK of their afflictionMarik28 Jan 9
Jan 9 Seeking a low-ilevel crafted legendary! [H] Must NOT be 1000, just for funsies. I only want to hold it for about 2 minutes to trigger a certain quest everyone wants, then I will hand it back. Hordeside please. It's a long shot every one I've seen has been at max level. Type doesn't matter, cloth, leather and plate work as well.Ghostpetal18 Jan 9
Jan 8 What keeps you from other factions or races? Me, I love some of the Horde storylines, but I just hate Orgrimmar. It's that gaudy orange everywhere. I don't want to hang out in it. I like Draenei and Tauren from a distance, but I have a hard time getting into the head space of an anthropomorphic character. Maybe it's just limited imagination or maybe I stress too much about what my Tauren's diet should be and how they feel about others eating steak. Conversely, I really dig the undead's shady moral dilemmas and the radical effects of magic on elves. Makes me want to sink my teeth into lore (or steak, without regrets). How about you Wyrmrest? What're your personal obstacles to playing the "other side?"Minerva169 Jan 8
Jan 8 [H-RP] <Heart of the Raven> Open Tavern EVENT Hello all! <Heart of the Raven> will be moving our weekly open server tavern event to MONDAY nights at 6:30 pm server. Apparently....people like to do these things called "raids" on Thursdays, so we've moved in hopes of accommodating more schedules. The event location will be at our IC location in Rustberg Village, Tol Barad. For those unfamiliar with this spot, you can reach Tol Barad via the portal in Orgrimmar (It's located up with all of the other Cata portals). Rustberg Village is on the first island to the North East and will show on your map once you enter the portal. We have a nice little tavern spot to the back of that village. If you are below 85 and would like an escort/summons, please send a tell to one of us and we'll get you out there. We also welcome everyone to join our discord: https://discord.gg/wfzqYrY and our 2 in-game chat channels: /join heartoftheraven for IC chat and roleplay, and /join HotROOC for OOC communication (this is also a good way to shout at us if you need help finding us, or would like a summons). If you are interested in the guild itself, you can also visit our website at www.heartoftheraven.enjin.com (Yes, we are recruiting!) Come on out for some good old fashioned casual RP! We hope to see you there...Laralyne3 Jan 8
Jan 8 What Your 1st Allied Character Says About You Lightforged Draenei: "Finally, a character as good as I am. I think I'll donate half of next week's pay to meals on wheels for the feels." Highmountain Tauren: More like BOREN, rite? "I like antlers," you say to yourself while sipping on tepid water in a cream colored room. Nightborne: You're ready to test your skills in Ashenvale. You like magic and wine and due to underemployment or underachievement, this is your only way to get both of those things. Void Elf: Nothing is ever good enough for you, but this will do. Zandalari Troll: You are patient and waited until you hit 120 to make a new character. You've played since Vanilla or maybe wish you had. Dark Iron Dwarf: You are patient and waited for the best. Your beard is now on fire. *** On a serious note, what will YOUR first Allied Race character be? We've talked a lot about different elves - anyone waiting for Dwarves or Trolls? Anyone most hyped for Highmountain or Lightforged? For me, it's going to be a Void Elf and Nightborne rogue at first just because my rogue collection demands it. I MIGHT be most excited about Dark Iron though.Sef38 Jan 8
Jan 8 Everyone look at my void elf https://i.imgur.com/80N4fE7.png my beautiful blue boy (show me your allied race characters, WrA)Kazimir31 Jan 8
Jan 8 Void Elf Timeline (Speculation) So over in the General Discussion we've been talking about Void Elves, and this is the best timeline of events we've been able to put together given the information out there (credit goes to Alamara): ... I thought it'd be useful to share as some of us formulate backstories and speculate about the Void Elves' place in the existing lore. If this timeline is correct, the Void Elves are not truly corrupted Blood Elves or High Elves but rather something else entirely, like the Nightborne. What are your thoughts? Does this seem accurate?Minerva4 Jan 8
Jan 8 <Life> Guild, Missed Connections You took Stormwind like you took my heart, rapidly and with little resistance. I will treasure the time we spend together running through cobblestone streets and bounding through the canals. I appreciate your firey spark and send the best of my love to each and every one of you. -Yours, WulfhramWulfhram4 Jan 8
Jan 8 [H] <Literal Trash> Our current roster is made up of experienced matured and friendly people. We're looking for other skilled players who would be a good fit to add to our core raid team. About the Guild: <Literal Trash> is a guild on Wyrmrest Accord (US) Horde. We were founded by both real life and in game friends and many of us have been playing together for years. We foster a positive environment where members help each other and are open to learning and criticism. Everyone is close to one another and have known each other for many years. We're a very mature and family oriented type of guild. We joke a lot and expect if a person joins our guild to be able to have a good laugh and attitude and to be able to handle sarcasm and deal with jokes. Our philosophy on raiding is to progress in a fun environment where everyone can enjoy each other’s company. The goal will always be to clear all raid bosses in a tier while it is current content. We never want to make you feel as if you're in a environment where you're not comfortable enough to put your best effort in. Everyone here is willing to help and work together. Raid Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday, 8:00pm-10pm (EST) Friday 8:00pm - 12:00am (EST) ( Invites start going out at 7:30 pm (EST) if everyone is ready before 8:00 pm we start the raid early ) ( Our Friday raids are usually just to end when we want. It's our long night raid and usually the 3rd day we use during new content. When we have certain raids on farm we eliminate Fridays and use only two days to raid. ) ( You're not required to join for all 3 days of raiding to be invited into the guild. Our Friday raids is really just to finish what we haven't done and it's also the day most people can raid till late due to no work on the weekend. We understand it's also Friday and most people like going out Fridays. If you can make it to Tuesday and Wednesday that's fine with us. ) Progression 11/11 N AtBT 5/11 H AtBT 0/11 M AtBT Currently Recruiting: High Priority: Healers , Ranged DPS , Tanks(Who are willing to dps as well if need be ) Low Priority: Melee DPS **We're currently in really high need of 2 skilled and active healers to join our main raiding roster. If you're skilled in your class and are interested please contact me immediately** -We are always looking for great players! Please message us even if your class isn't high on the priority list, and you think you would be a good fit. Contact: Guild Website: https://literaltrashguild.enjin.com/ You can contact us via bnet for more information: - Ckye (GM): Ckye#1329 - SenpaiYamYam ( Raid Leader / Officer ): YamYamSenpai#1716 - Khanatre ( Officer ): Jhucks2235#1631 - Sumok (Officer): Evil#1770 - Emberfoxx (Raid Leader): Foxx#1238Senpaiyamyam3 Jan 8
Jan 8 Definition of Frustrating I created an amazing settlement at Sanctuary,made a 3 floor apartment building with amenities and everything. One floor even has a pool table! I created a 2 floor bachelor pad for myself, took out stairs so people wouldn't wander in. I put roofs on 3 of the houses and beds inside. The idea was to create a Nathan(I call him Darius,https://imgur.com/tpf2uqn ) that would have to come back home daily, eat drink, sleep. Still looking for Shaun but still being human and needing a safe place, still needing to eat. So I'm having dinner, Ribeye Steak with rads laced Nuka-Cola(Don't judge),lifted some weights, decided I got a couple of hours before bed, maybe I should sit on the couch and listen to some diamond city radio. Wait two hours. Time for bed! The Longs and Mama Murphy are in my bed room. May Long decides we're not friends, while sitting at my desk. THEN GET OUT OF MY ROOM. Oh and Jun using my weights, doubt he even wipes it down. And Mama Murphy just cooking talking about my energy being tied to this place. I'm going to murder these people, I don't know when, I don't know why I'm just going to slaughter them. These "settlers" come into my neighborhood, eat food I've planted, meat I've hunted for and still won't give my privacy or appreciation. Thank you for listening to my fallout 4 rant.Dayren39 Jan 8
Jan 8 Alliance Reroll Forming - Join us! Hello Wyrmrest Accord players! Wanted to share that I have a new alliance reroll guild forming. I know that this is not for every one but wanted to spread the word. You can learn more from our official post here. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20760758202 You can join our discussions in our Discord - https://discord.gg/fGk8cSN Good luck in your Azeroth adventures! Lilasea DuskwalkerLilasea0 Jan 8