Returning Player Help and Discussion

Feb 7 A Return to World of Warcraft: Player Guide So you’ve decided to return to World of Warcraft. Welcome back! There’s just one thing you’ll need before jumping back into the fray—knowledge. To aid you in making your glorious comeback, we’ve compiled some handy information every returning hero should know. Once armed with knowledge, nothing (and no one) will stand in your way. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8876440/Nethaera123 Feb 7
May 19 Welcome. Please Read! Welcome to the Returning Player Help and Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions and receive helpful information from other players and discuss everything that happened while you were away! Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth! Guidelines In addition to the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en-us/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. [ul] The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft. The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net, or Blizzard Entertainment are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, and/or non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon. Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Posting "First" or IBTL ("in before lock") constitutes as spamming. You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL ("in before the lock") is not helpful, and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Do not "bump" posts. The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called "necro bumping" or "necroing"). Petition posts are frowned upon. These are discussion forums and, as such, we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.[li]Do not post about locked or deleted threads.Kaivax0 May 19
33m Returning to (?Gameplay?) I understand the concept of helping people level. And maybe its because im a old fart, vanilla player. But does anyone else returning feel like they sucked the fun out of the start game? Its so easy to level and quest I actually find it tedious. I rolled a new character on a new server, so I could relearn my class due to significant changes. What i found was i could kill mobs by button mashing my first attack, even if it was 3 V 1 and they were 5 levels above me. As I got to higher levels, I noticed a effect I believe is caused by this ease. No one seems capable of playing a class, or doing a dungeon (Mass public) I went into dungeon after dungeon, every time it was a mass pawn of mobs, no intellect required, the boss fights looked fun.... but I could pull the 20 surrounding mobs onto the healer with misdirect, make a coffee and go for a smoke, and come back to dungeon complete. When I finally arrived at level 100 and got into a heroic that was slightly difficult, nobody knew what a strategy was, spent a hour in and out of LFG with people leaving because of wipes, explaining the strategy to every new member who still stood in the floor markings (Awesome work blizzard making everything so obvious :)) My brother and my son who i convinced to have a go with me had given up by level 7 because of how repetitive and tedious it was. I don't want to go back to 6 hour raids. But I do want to feel like im doing something. Back in the day I groaned re leveling a alt, but always got a bit of a uplift heading into deadmines, of hitting hogger, those little challenges all over. rare mobs that i called in a guildie to help with, and we stressed for the 5 minutes till he got there because that other guy standing watching. Now i just solo it.... and wait 10 minutes for the respawn.... I understand the why.... But surely there was a better way of getting people to endgame? Off the top of my head, They could have left all the challenges, but reduced xp required 5x I went level 1 - 40 without talking to a single person in game. I didn't have to ask for help, I didn't need to have a discussion in a dungeon about how we could do something. I never asked if a mage could make me some bread never asked a warlock for a stone I never screamed "HEAL ME" or "/OOM" I simply finger mashed 12 and 3.... This was a MMO and the people are still here, but during the leveling process, which still takes days, its very anti social, there is no real exploration, and not a ounce of challenge. I see that at top end, things are looking up, active guilds, challenges and discussions. But come on Blizzard, you need people to want to play a game long enough to get there? I only persevered because i had interest in new content, because i knew what wow once was. i was able to enjoy seeing gnome ran again, though was disappointed solo killing mobs and groups of mobs above my level... How did other returning players find it?Spikefin24 33m
13h Trying to find a New Realm I am looking for a new server. I don't want PVP, I like the occasional roleplaying, a high population (I like seeing full cities, etc...) and preferably a friendly server. Gorefiend is pretty awful. I've been thinking about going to Moon Guard simply because it fits most of that but everyone says "No no no no! Stay away from Moon Guard!" Why is this? Thanks in advance! :)Brewmasterwu1 13h
17h Least Played Spec/Class in the game Hey. I was a heroic raider back in cata and mop. I would like to return to those days at least somewhat. I was a prot paladin and my primary alt was a destro warlock. I am trying to find a new spec to play and am wondering what is the LEAST played spec in the game? Demon Hunters obviously won't be an option. Thanks!Irtha10 17h
18h Treasure Map Frostfire I decided I was going to go back with my 110 Hunter and get flying. I need to get the treasure map for Frostfire. It says I the achievement "You'll get caught up in the Frostfire". To get that achievement, I just need the quest "The battle for Thunderpass" Lokra is the questgiver and it lists two locations for her in Thunderpass. She is not in either. I have looked all around the flight path before Thunderpass and all through Thunderpass. She is no where to be found. I'm guessing I missed that quest a long time ago. Am I just SOL in getting the Treasure map?Bakarda3 18h
18h Healing current content, intimidating? Hi guys.. recently I've wanted to start playing healer again.. (last time I played healer was in MOP..) I am finding it a bit intimidating to try and heal on alts even through lfr. I am not really familiar with healing classes now. I don't really have gear on my alts and it's hard to keep up with tanks on normal(even when they are overgeared asf..). Is there any tips to get a better feel for healing ? I also find it intimidating to attempt to tank in current content as well. Maybe it is fear of not doing well.Wafei1 18h
1d Artifact Research Compendium I,ve haven,t played for 5 months. Does the Artifact Compendium apply to returning players or just alts-My Artifact Knowledge is at 17-The Artifact Compendium that the NPC sells that is available says its not any good if I have already reached Artifact Level Knowledge 10.Is there a next one that I can use-Do I have to purchase the available now to get to the next one.My Artifact Power cost is at 417,560 right now- I.m wondering if there is a faster alternative. Thanks for any info! If this is posted in the wrong chat,please let me know!Zasa3 1d
1d <Achievement Horse> LFM Mythic Progression <Achievement Horse> is a guild filled mostly of close friends who have been gaming together for years. We are aiming to fill a roster of 20 for progression into Mythic NH. Previously we've had a bit more casual approach but we would like to focus on clearing all content of all difficulties moving forward, but Mythic Raids are the real end goal. We are best described as a laid back group primarily made up of friends who love to have fun and enjoy the game but also can recognize when its time to focus up and down the progression content. We are currently looking for all players with a mindset to have fun through the week and to hit the focus button when it comes time to raid. Expectations: - Be online and ready to go with flasks/pots/food/etc before raid time. - Be finished with all world quests/groups etc. when invites go out. - Notify the guild at least a day prior to raid if you are unable to attend so that we may accommodate. - Learn encounters outside raid to make progression easier. - We have a very friendly atmosphere but please be able to take constructive criticism to better the raid. - Please be respectful to everyone inside and outside of the guild. You represent us! - Look to improve in all aspects of you and your character. Remember to ask for help if needed! - Have a working microphone. Our voice is currently Discord. Raid times: Tuesday - 8:00pm EST - 11:00pm EST Wednesday - 8:00pm EST - 11:00pm EST 3rd day - TBD - Will most likely be Sunday but a bit earlier in the day. Will update when things are set in stone We currently do not have any scheduled weekend events but most of our guild is on all weekend so there are always alt runs/mythic+/achievement runs going on Friday night - Sunday night. We also have members who're experienced in all areas of PvP. While PvP may not be a primary focus of our guild as a whole, we all enjoy PvP and many of us are previously 2k-2.5k or better experience who would love to get back into the battle. Currently Recruiting: Off-Tank: High priority Healer: Medium priority Melee DPS: Low priority Range DPS: Medium priority Please contact myself in game at Dro#1959. Myself or another officer will speak with you in our Discord channel to discuss further. Also please remember that despite our current priorities, all are welcome to contact us! We are always looking for more like-minded players who are always looking to improve! https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/kel-thuzad/Achievement+Horse Kel'Thuzad-USÐruh0 1d
1d How to start mythic dungeons Returning player here and I'm wondering how to get in to mythic dungeons. I've been doing heroic dungeons and LFR but I'd like to try mythics. Especially since I now have a class hall quest requiring me to do a particular dungeon on mythic. My guild has shrunk to just a couple of active and very casual players while I've been gone so getting a guild group won't happen. I've looked in group finder and signed up for a couple of mythic groups but been rejected each time. I would think an item level of 840+ would be sufficient for a DPS in a mythic and none of the ones I signed up for said anything about specific requirements. I have read up on mythics and they talk about having a stone for starting a mythic at a certain level. I just want to start at the first level. How do I do that? Would it be feasible to just start my own group in group finder? I could level my tank or healer and get in to groups easier I know but I always find it best to do content for the first time as my dps main. Since I figure a tank should know what they're doing more so than others in the group. I don't like going in green as a tank. Basically I haven't really found anywhere that has a clear step by step explanation of how you get in to mythic dungeons since it's clearly not as simple as just joining a group in group finder.Ilya15 1d
1d [Guide] WoW Game Tokens (Updated 2017-02-24) *****UPDATE TO WOW TOKENS***** Effective: February, 6th, 2017 You can now use WoW Tokens for Battle.net Balance when you purchase one off of the AH. You may find further information on this new update to the WoW Token System here! Trade a WoW Token for Battle.net Balance: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20542016 *****Original Version of this Guide***** Hello to all new and veteran World of Warcraft Players! Welcome to my extensive guide regarding the new World of Warcraft Game Tokens! :-) Which Patch will World of Warcraft Game Tokens be released?: The World of Warcraft Game Tokens were launched in World of Warcraft on April, 7th, 2015. When will the Game Tokens be available to World of Warcraft Players?: Game Tokens started to roll out first on realms that are serving (North America, Oceania, and Latin America). After this it had become expanding to other regions in weeks after the release of Game Tokens on North American Realms. What is the cost for World of Warcraft Game Tokens?: The cost right now announced by Blizzard in their Official Blog is $20.00 for their North American, Oceania and Latin American realms. For other regions more information on pricing was announced on the appropriate World of Warcraft website for each region. Where can I purchase the World of Warcraft Game Token?: You can purchase the WoW Game Token from the in-game shop. If you choose to purchase it for usage on your Battle.net Account from the Auction House there will be a new tab called "Game Time". WoW Tokens will be listed at a base price of 30,000 gold. However note though that the price for WoW Tokens can go below 30,000 gold or climb up in price. Prices are based on demand for these tokens. How much times may you use the WoW Game Token?: You may use the token ONLY on the Auction House! Once it's sold it is Soul Bound to the buyer and can only be used (1) time to redeem for game time for your World of Warcraft account. Once sold as well the seller will receive the gold they sold it for! Can I set my own price for the token when selling on the Auction House?: At this time, Blizzard has stated upon listing it onto the Auction House, A pre-set price determined by Blizzard will be the listing price. This price may go up or down pending on the sale(s) of the WoW Token in each region. You cannot at this time set your own personal price for the WoW Token! The current price you sell the WoW Game Token for in the Auction House is set at 30,000 gold. However note though that the price for WoW Tokens can go below 30,000 gold or climb up in price. Prices are based on demand for these tokens. May I buy the token if my account is inactive?: YES! The option to purchase the token will additionally be on the character select menu if your character has the gold to purchase them. May I purchase the WoW Token with my local currency?: Tokens can only be purchased in US currency at the moment. If the system is trying to use Euros, For example, it's not going to go through - or indeed, give you that option. Will Recruit a Friend Work with these tokens?: YES! They will count just like game cards for your friend you recruited! I'm getting a grey button that states "Not enough Gold", But I'm certain I got the correct amount. What does this mean?: You would get this error in question if you have enough gold if there is not enough World of Warcraft Tokens for sale on the market. In this case, Please try again later when more are in-stock. Is there a limit of WoW Tokens I may purchase per month to sell?: Yup. The limit you may sell is capped at (10) tokens every (7) days. I spent the correct amount of gold, But did not receive the token? What do I do?: Blizzard is aware of this bug and the developers have announced that the gold spent would be returned to the person(s) that purchased the token off the Auction House! You should expect it to return via in-game mail. When buying a token can I use gold from both factions?: Yes. You may purchase the token using gold from both your Alliance and Horde characters! Please note though that the gold pulled from your character(s) all come from the same realm the character(s) are on. You cannot pull gold from multiple realms at this time! May I purchase tokens using my Battle.net Balance?: Yes, If you have the sufficient funds you will be able to! Xanlorash [The Insane] Looking for more World of Warcraft Token information - Please refer to post below! Thank-you!Xanlorash7 1d
1d Deleting characters and what you keep. So I delete a character, and they learned a mount that my other characters have not will that mount still be on my account? Also what about titles, achievements, and pets? Do these things also stay on your account? Sorry for being dumb, just never really knew.Kèk3 1d
1d Worgen Healer questions So, I am currently trying to decide between Priest or Druid because I want to play a worgen healer. I have some hang-ups about those two classes though, and had some questions. For the following, i am only really interested in ranged DPSing and healing. 1. Which class is more difficult in heal and ranged DPS spec? I am a decent player but not amazing, so ease of use is a factor 2. How well does druid burst heal? I actually rather like the HoT-focused healing as I prefer doing something the moment someone takes damage instead of waiting till the damage is low enough to need a heal, but found that sometimes I could not quickly bring people up after heavy damage in my past experiences.Rylen3 1d
1d Marks of Honor PvP Vendors (Alliance) Quick question, besides Stormwinds and Ashrans PvP vendors, where are some ones to go to? (Trying to find something I like for mogs before I spend them). Thanks!Nëlson3 1d
1d Fast Paced Class Looking for a fun faced pace melee class to do casual PVE and PVP. Looking for something on the easier side because I don't have time to get into a class that's really complicated.Arreden3 1d
2d Rare items do they have value I used to play wow during cataclysm and stopped and have recently started a new character. I used to make my gold through the buy low sell high on the AH. There was a lot of lvl 19,29,39 twink items that had a lot of popularity. My main question is in regards to the change in battlegrounds is there still a need for these rare items as they seem to be less useful as they were previously. Is building a low level twink something. Also when I look through the armory app it shows every dropped item in dungeons is bop and I was wondering if these dungeons still have rare boe drops to? Thanks all for your help and knowledge. Any good making tips would be appreciated. I'm only level 25 right now.Snowedflakez2 2d
2d I'm having a hard time getting back into it. I leveled a mage and warrior to 110 around launch, doing really nothing on either except perhaps a half dozen world quests. I started leveling my druid and was killing myself at the boredom. I even dumped a few hundred thousand gold into gear for tanking and healing from the AH to make it more interesting. When I finally do reach max level I'm just kicked in the face by the amount of activities. What's the first thing(s) you generally do upon hitting 110? Are you supposed to finish all the zones? What do you do after you get done with heroic dungeons? Is it even remotely worthwhile to try and find a raid guild being this far behind on your weapons?Espy2 2d
2d Which tank? Hey all I'm returning to the game after several months without playing. I am making a friends and family guild for which I will be tanking. I am stuck between Monk and Demon Hunter at the moment. Any help deciding would be great. Cheers!Dankdots1 2d
3d Using arrow keys to rotate camera Hi guys, I'm returning to WoW after a very long break and was wondering how I can configure my settings to allow me to rotate the camera using the arrow keys? I'm on a laptop, so using the built-in mouse is not convenient at all for me.Khorra3 3d
3d Balance Druid or Elemental Shaman for PVE? Hi all, Returning player looking for some advice. I'd like to know how Balance Druids compare to elemental shamans in PVE (raids). Specifically, how are the rotations/priorities, what kind of utility do they bring, and are they over (Druid?) or under (Shaman?) played. I don't want to spend my whole time keeping DOTs up, so that's somewhat concerning for balance as they have 2 DOTs that seem like they're supposed to be up all the time on every target (compared to flame shock for shaman? or is there more?). Also, this is definitely subjective, but there seems to be something more satisfying about Shaman spells, not sure how to better explain that. But I've only dabbled, so I don't know if that's the same for raiding. Basically I'd like to get the opinion of people who have played the 2 classes, especially anyone who has played both, on which is more fun to play in pve. Is there anything I should know that might tip me toward one or the other? Thanks!Rentoni7 3d
3d Need help finding a class to play I am now coming back to wow after a break! I played boomy and FiMage in Wod and i loved those!!! In mop i did Frost mage and ele shaman. In this expac i hate what they did to mages shamans and druids.. Anyone have a class to recommend based off of what i liked in the past? Thanks so much!Kassil1 3d
4d New/old guy looking to play and learn Getting back into WoW as of late, still consider myself a new player. It's been about two years, and I'm looking for some folks to hang with and learn with. I'm not the best player, and I don't think I'm the worst. I just like to have fun with what I'm doing. Not max lvl yet, but working on it. Not really a horde guy, just prefer Alliance. So there you have it. Any takers, let me know and we'll go from there. I'll keep an eye out on the forum. ThanksAlldrink1 4d
4d Cross-realm grouping with friends So I understand you can cross-realm group with your friends of the same faction now, but I need a bit of clarification on something please. If my friend is on a PVP server and I am on an RP server and he invites me to group, then the party lead is the server we temporarily "transferred" to (so to speak) as we group together, right? But if I am on an RP server and he is on a PVP server, do I get flagged PVP as well? I see everyone in bright green on my faction and enemies are all red now, but I'm not being attacked, so does that mean I am not flagged? I am so damn confused! LOL but then again I'm always confused lol!Dittodaze2 4d
4d Finding a Friendly Server! (Horde) Hello! I am looking to begin playing again and I would like some help to find a nice server for a horde character. I have a strong preference for a larger population realm or a role-playing realm but more than anything I would like to find one with a nicer community. I really do not mind at all if there is not much PvP or raidng or anything like that. (A PvP realm would be nice but I truly do not mind too much at all about that.) I know all the realms will have some nasty people and such but if there are any noted to be more kind or such that would be truly wonderful!Gelyndraeiri2 4d
4d Frost DK vs Fury Warrior Hello - I'm still having some issues on deciding a main for legion and thinking of using my boost I still have and was hoping for some insight on the forums. I've posted this topic on both the DK and warrior forums to see what responses I get. My personal habits: - PvE only - end game goals are mythic+ and heroic raids (I dont see myself as serious as mythic guilds) - I'm a person that favors utility, mobility, low ramp up or set up time, and general aesthetics of the class (abilities, etc) - Not interested in either unholy or arms :( - Blood DK > Prot for my case though. My research so far has been: - Reading up on ICY VEINs - Watching Youtube mythic+ as well as heroic nighthold runs from both perspectives - Warcraft logs seem to pitch both classes as quite competitive in terms of DPS - I've created lvl 100 trials of both but it seems lack luster without the proper artifact traits/legendaries etc PROS/CONS of Frost DK + Strong overall dmg + Great synergy with artifact talents/legendaries/talent trees + Great Utility (battle rez + grips, ice walking omg...) + Lovely abilities and spells - Horrible mobility - Requires higher management & set up (runes, runic power, pooling them when appropriate for the bigger CDs) - Longer CDs on key abilities (5 min dragon, 3 min sindragosa, 3 min hungering rune weapon to be reduced in 7.2 maybe??) PROS/CONS of Fury Warrior + Great Mobility + Great overall damage + Lower CDs for key abilities to amplify damage + Not much set up required due to lower CDs - GCD locked (feels like you have to be pressing something somewhere) - Abilities/aesthtics don't look THAT pleasing other than a typical player - No utility to groups So yea, its quite a toss up for me and was wondering what other opinions were. Thanks for your 2 cents :DAlastiar2 4d
5d Returning from early Mists...advice Hello all, I have a level 90 feral druid and am trying to decide how to dive back into WoW. WoW is offering me a free boost to level 100, but is it worth it? If I boosted to 100, I'd basically be missing out on everything Warlords of Draenor has to offer. If I were to level from 90-100 the traditional way, would I basically be screwed when it comes to dungeon ques for that bracket? At what point do the artifact weapons become introduced? They seem to be a pretty big deal to feral druids. Edit: I am very interested in story, so is Warlords of Draenor interesting enough to play through?Khorra2 5d
5d Feel like a noob again need friends >_> So, back after two years or so, I quit WoW early during Pandaland, the expansion really turned me off, now Legion is here, and lured me back! Anyways, a lot has changed, and kinda lost...I got lvl 90 Druid, warrior, pally, rogue, mage, priest, and and death knight, and no idea how to play ANY of them anymore 0.o My favorite role is tanking, I got 4 tanking classes @ 90, so would like to get my hands dirty with one of them first. Not really sure what the best tanking class is now days, so kinda on the fence were to start. My pally was my main tank in cata, my druid was pretty close runner up, I didn't raid in pandaland, as mentioned before :-\Masayume4 5d
5d I would like a friend yes. So I just got back into wow, I've been on a off and on relationship with it. I've always played with other people and since most of them have left my life it looks like I have no one to play with. I'm semi new to this game and some of the old mechanics don't make sense to me so I'd like someone besides google who could guide me and just keep me company. Feel free to add me for the warcraft shenanigans.Choukö3 5d
6d Orb of deception Sooooo I returned recently after playing vanilla and a tiny bit of BC and I was curious. I have the orb of deception on one of my characters, I can't get online at the moment and I will have to find which one. Since it's a toy now does that mean it will be account bound so all my characters can use it?Deadpimp1 6d
6d What to choose for alt I have gotten this guy up to 35 artifact power on 2 weapons and am itching to go through Azeroth through a different set of eyes. From the last time I used an alt things have changed significantly. I have an 85 warlock, shaman, and death knight that at the time I stopped playing them were top level. How would you rank them based on fun playing with mechanics and soloing the world.Varqov1 6d
6d Old weapons and transmog What is blizzards policy towards restoring items for transmogrify purposes that were obtained (and disposed of) long before transmogrification or achievements were a thing. Say for example S3 and S4 weapons one might have obtained in BC/Exercise5 6d
Feb 18 Returning from early Cata, help please! As you can see from my gear and level, I last played when heroic ZA and ZG were just introduced, and did some early Firelands. At that time, I was feral. It was good to level, at end game I was a good enough tank too. Plus, I could do dailies and quest grind just fine in cat form, because the base stat was agility and I could pile on agility for both dodge (bear) and attack (cat). Now, I try the druid level 100 trial, and DPS is different from tanking? :( I am asked to pick an orange weapon for my spec. So .. keeping in mind the following.. -> I want to pretty much only tank at the end game in instances / raids. But I still need to quest / dailies / grind at 110 too. -> I will be putting all AP in my guardian weapon most likely. I will do the quest chains to get the feral one, but I won't be putting AP in it. -> I don't know any of the instances in Legion yet. So here are my questions - -> If I were to level guardian, how much "slower" will I be? -> Are the primary stats still the same for feral/guardian, or am I maintaining two completely different sets of gear? Like when choosing quest rewards, are there distinctions between "feral" rewards and "guardian" rewards? -> I want to build my tank weapon obviously but that means leveling / questing / grinding at 110 all in guardian spec. Will that make it harder to do anything in cat form? There's the dual switching thing which is cheaper now (cool!) , but if the gear required is very different ti might not be worth it. -> I want to tank instances but I don't know any of them. Obviously I would prefer to feral DPS through them with a (hopefully experienced) tank atleast one time or two, after which point I will be queueing as the tank. Is this doable? Will I have enough feral gear, even if I focus getting guardian gear /AP as much as possible? I hope someone gets my concerns. I want to play a guardian, but I don't know the instances well and I still need to quest/ dailies / grind. Will my cat still be useful in guardian gear / guardian artificat / guardian spec?Lovelace2 Feb 18
Feb 18 LFR Loot question I tried googling and it's only making me more confused. Please someone help me understand. Scenarios: (All scenarios assume that I am queing for the same wing of the same raid in the same week) 1. I que for LFR and there are 3 bosses. During the raid, I get NO gear drops, if I run the wing again, do I still have a chance for loot on all 3 bosses? 2. I que for LFR after getting loot on 1/3 bosses. If I que again, can I still get loot from bosses 2 and 3? Thanks. Some other posts just don't explain this very well and I basically want to know if LFR is worth spamming or is it a 1 time a week job even if I get no loot the first run around.Kasibella2 Feb 18
Feb 18 Laggy and LFG We moved to the mountains and the only choice I have is satellite. My guild has dwindled down to about 4 active people. I hate always bugging them for dungeon runs needed for quests. I dread doing PUGs, really don't like being yelled at for my lag. I can play, just am a few seconds behind. Anyone else have this problem and if so, what do you do?Hexiana5 Feb 18
Feb 17 Starting a new character? Hey guys, So i have mained a ret paladin since 1.1.2.1 and with the recent changes in Legion, im not liking the feel of a ret paladin anymore. I am debating a healer class as i do want to become a good healer for raids/pvp. but im also debating high dps classes. Experiences with your classes in Legion? are they fun to play? good in PvE/PvP? Thanks, Zack.Zackslayer5 Feb 17
Feb 17 Which Tank should I play? Looking to switch to tanking for the first time but I'm having difficulty deciding on a class. I find them all to have interesting class fantasy, and I don't want to focus on balance too much because I want a long term choice. This means I'm mostly looking at mechanics, especially core mechanics that are unlikely to change and always be part of the class to some degree. Could anyone give a short rundown of each class from a gameplay perspective? How do they operate? Notable features? What does it feel like to play? Why do you like/dislike it? Fun is subjective, but hopefully these descriptions will help me find one I like.Nockloz1 Feb 17
Feb 17 old player looking to make a come back so recently i got bit by the wow bug and decided to get back into the game, i use to raid on a mage during vanilla and a fury war up until the end of wolk then i stopped playing for awhile, sadly that account is gone and i have to start fresh. Im just not sure what to roll anymore so i thought maybe you guys could help. Im looking at a melee class i have always been fond of the look of plate armor and just the class fantasy of being in the fore front of the fight that being said im also a fan of the bleed effects of a sin rogue i just hate leather armor. i was looking into the DK that seems to be the closest to what im looking for in case you guys can think of any other ideas im open to them. looking forward to seeing you on the battlefieldCarakon4 Feb 17
Feb 16 Kick Protection? i Just Returned To Play After 2 Years i Heard That if You Get Kicked Alot in Dungeons Then You Gain Kick Protection, is This is True ?? Can Someone Plz Explain How Exactly This Work And How i Calculate it ??Matmooz4 Feb 16
Feb 16 LF Friends! Hi everyone I just encountered a rough patch IRL with a break up and family issues and other such things piling up like domino's and I am looking for some friends to play wow with. I used to be in a great raiding guild during WOTLK run by a husband/wife team and it was a awesome sense of community. I just realized I don't really talk to anyone on wow but play it often. I have a 110 alliance warlock that is my main, currently ilvl 860 and interested mainly in casual pvp (would love to eventually get a RBG team going) and casual raiding (interested in gearing up to get to nighthold). If you're looking for someone to play with/talk to, hit me up at: noshame#1334 bonus if: you're sarcastic, funny, and don't take wow seriously. trolls welcome.Notears8 Feb 16
Feb 16 Restarting WoW Female LF Knight..... Or anyone really..need help please!! <3 so I started playing in MoP then stopped I tried last summer getting into it again bought the lvl 100 boost but my friends didn't play anymore so had a hard time getting into it. I just bought legion and am going to start tomorrow I tried today but I don't know what/where to go or do, please someone add me & help / friends would be very much appreciated!! TY <3. PS would be great to have a bestie that we can have fun do everything together this games boring without someone. I'm on area 52 horde I like PvE mostly but pvps fun toMysticalzyra4 Feb 16
Feb 15 Six years gone, visiting or more. Just re-subbed because my youngest daughter wanted to give WoW a try. She was just a baby sitting on my lap telling me to tame a "bock bock" (tallstrider) when I first started Wow. But there are a lot of changes in the last 6 years and I had a few questions. First, Roleplaying was always my first goto. Looks like a lot of RP servers are dead/dying. Is Moon Guard the last bastion of RP left? Second, this transmogrify thing. Is this like a dressing room system? If so, how do you get the changes to stick whenever you change out a piece of armor? Do I have to pay a gold plus for each new piece of armor I swap out? Third, what in the nine hells happened to Survival Hunter? I can't be the only one who notices that something is really broken. I haven't waded into the hunter forums yet. Not sure I want to at this point. Fourth and final, what is this heirloom gear. I do not remember seeing it before and everyone is rolling around in it. Thanks for taking the time to help an old man out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Xeryk6 Feb 15
Feb 15 Why did you Return to Azeroth? Just curious and wondering what other returning players are thinking... why did you return to WoW? For my wife and I, its a mix of the story-line, shared hobby/playing together, and the small sense of achievement that comes with new loot, Achievements and framing build a wealth of gold. In fact, the economy is one of the bigger draws, but we've seen a lot of negativity on the forums and on some websites about the economy not being as an enjoyable feature as it was many moons ago. Anyone have experience with this? Can you spend time fishing and farming to make a business empire in WoW? Can professions (leatherworking, jewelcrafting etc.) generate any income? Just curious what other returning players are experiencing.Dakira41 Feb 15
Feb 15 Bank and Bag Slots Query Bags and bank slots I have the following 1x Enlarged Onyxia Hide Backpack (Unique 22 Slot) 1x Papa's Brand New Bag (Unique 22 Slot) 1x Embersilk Bag (22 Slot) 1x Dragon Hide Bag (22 Slot) 1x "Gigantique" Bag (22 Slot) 1x Gronnskin Bag (28 Slot) 1x Addie's Ink-Strained Satchel (26 Slot) ---- if we add up all the slots, we are getting over 100.. ... Likewise for my inventory ... Hence I would like to know how to maximise these bag slots.Synice5 Feb 15
Feb 15 Getting to Broken Isles I just purchased Legion today but am having trouble getting to the Broken Isles. When I try to queue for Battle for Broken Shore, I get the 'Transfer Aborted' error. After talking to a Blizz staff member, we have come to find out the issue lies possibly with my graphics card not being able to handle some aspects of the game (it's an AMD Radeon R4). Most game play is fine, running around, farming and such. What I am wondering is... since I am unable to complete the initial Legion quest to even get to Broken Isle in the first place... how can I get there without the quest? Is it possible? Or will playing Legion not be possible until I can get a better machine with a better graphics card? I've never had an issue like this before, and I've been playing for 8 years, so I'm a bit lost. (Not to mention, I guess that initial Legion quest is a raid since you're entering an instance with other players. If it's possible to skip that, that'd be awesome. I'm not much for playing with others- I never have. I tend to just play solo and am not at all familiar with playing in groups.)Aetheryal3 Feb 15
Feb 14 Transmog Save?? I went to Warpweaver Tuviss in the Simply Enchanting shop. The transmog window allowed me to name and save my transmog set. I returned two days later but I do not know the mechanic of retrieving the saved set. The window showed the saved set, but when I clicked "apply" it did not change me to the saved set that I thought I had chosen. How do I apply the saved set? There is only one saved transmog set. Does that make a difference?Gymlea2 Feb 14
Feb 14 Tier 13 raid armor question To get tier 13 raid armor, Colossal Dragonplate Battlegear, I've started doing Dragon soul raid solo. However, I think I read somewhere I have to get tier 1-12 raid armor before I can get the tokens to drop in dragon soul for tier 13. Is this true? Or like the mounts is it just an extremely rare drop?Acul3 Feb 14
Feb 14 Trionidor, Sorta new and rerolled a Paladin! Hello everyone, As many others here on the forum. I came back for many years and started playing this game two months ago last December. I rerolled a Paladin class, and I learn a lot of new things and explore the world out there. So far my great journey on this game has been fantastic! I never used boost to 100. Instead, I have done quests from the beginning, I have learn a lot different story line on every zone. Hopefully, I can get the "loremaster" achievement. So much to do on this game! Anyhow, just sharing some of my adventures in World of Warcraft. For the Horde, Trionidor, IllidanTrionidor2 Feb 14
Feb 14 Looking to roll a tank I have been on a hiatus from the game for a little while and having a hard time choosing a tank with all the new changes. I always loved the sword and board look of warriors and paladins but also find monk, druid and dh quite fun. Which tank would be good to roll and not be a waste of time invested? Thank you in advance for your help.Ruesta2 Feb 14
Feb 13 PvP Realm, PvE Player I started playing a few months ago on a PvE server, but was invited to a guild with some of my friends so I recreated my character on their PvP server. I enjoy most aspects of the game, but World PvP has been ruining my experience. Most of my deaths came while being one-shot while leveling, being ganked by mobs of Horde when I land at a flight path or try to do quests, or simply getting assassinated when already low health. My question is this: is there a way for me to play on a PvE server or not flagged for PvP while still being in my friends' PvP server guild?Ithílwen1 Feb 13
Feb 12 Just started playing again, but a bit peeved. So, after a few years of not playing I've decided to come back, and I have to say I'm not pleased. It's not that the game is bad or anything, but I'm a bit peeved in the customer support of this game. Let me explain a bit more. I log into my old character and find that most of my equipment I'm wearing is red. Looking at it it's because I apparently no longer meet the level requirement of gear I was using just fine when I left? That makes no sense. So I send a bug report on it and got an answer back, and this is what peeved me off. Blizzard acknowledged my equipment, acknowledged they raised the level cap on it, but basically said "tough !@#$". I'm not a fan in the way they came around to say they wont do anything to fix it. Basically level up to make it usable again, or buy new equipment. Ok, sounds fair, except that Blizzard has let the economy go to crap and let gold inflate to insane amounts. When I left, I had ~ 200 gold to my name, and that was pretty decent back when I was playing. To replace the equipment I needed would cost me at most 20 gold per item for something pretty damn good. Now, I couldn't even get a sub par item for less than 300-2000 gold each. Yeah, I can level up the 4-5 levels to use the gear again, but it's kinda freaking hard when I've turned into a low dps piece of glass cause I have no equipment. Basically I have to put that character entirely on hold and start leveling up a new character cause I can't maintain myself in battle with mobs 7-10 levels below me. Thanks a lot, Blizzard!Felicianyann2 Feb 12