Battle for Azeroth Alpha Bug Report

5h About the Battle for Azeroth Alpha Hi all! Welcome to the Battle for Azeroth Alpha forums. As things get underway, we wanted to remind everyone how this process works. During development, especially at this early Alpha stage, you're going to see a lot of things that are incomplete or experimental. In some cases, we've made a change just to see what happens, and already decided we were going to do something else before the build it was in hit Alpha. That's not to say that we don't want your feedback - we absolutely do! - just please keep in mind while giving that feedback that if you're not convinced something is right for the game, we might not be convinced either. Try not to take changes in the Alpha, ESPECIALLY this early, as anything more than just "let's see what this is like."Lore14 5h
Mar 22 Known Issue - Voice Proxy Error on Login Greetings all, We're currently aware of, and working on resolving an issue that causes a Voice Proxy error message to appear when loading into the world on a character. The dialogue can be dismissed with the 'ESC' key and you should be able to continue playing without issue. Thank you for your patience!Arvaanas0 Mar 22
Apr 12 Public Test Issue Reporter Interface We've recently added a new tool to the Battle for Azeroth Alpha: an interface to submit bugs and issues directly to our QA team! After logging in, you'll see this tool appear as a small box with two icons. One will open a window for submitting bugs, while the other will open a similar window to be used for other issues (such as confusion about a quest). You can click and drag to move the tool anywhere on the screen. Additionally, when you've completed a quest or killed a boss or rare elite, you'll see an extra popup that can be used to share any comments or additional details you feel would be beneficial. We appreciate your participation in the Battle for Azeroth alpha, and are looking forward to seeing all the feedback this new tool will help provide. Thanks, and happy bug hunting!Lore62 Apr 12
Feb 6 Submitting a Bug Report Notice: When a new patch is applied to the game and changes are made to the Blizzard UI, third party UI addons can break and cause any number of problems in game. Before you report a bug, please disable (or delete) all of your mods and test the situation again using the default in-game UI. If the issue does not happen without mods installed then it is not a WoW bug and you should contact the mod creator for further assistance. _______________________________________________ Commonly reported issues that are not bugs: There are many issues that are repeatedly reported on the forums that are not considered bugs and should not be posted here in this forum. Please check this list before making a new post in this forum. Many issues that appear to be bugs are actually intended functionality or should be reported in other places. Realms are down, laggy or crashing. Exploits, Cheats and Hacks. Forum Avatar or Character Armory aren't updated Problems with the guild UI when you have more than 500 players in the guild. Haste effects do not apply the correct amount of casting/attack increase. “Impossible” simultaneous actions. No experience, loot or quest credit for mobs killed exclusively by pets or totems. Counterspell/Kick locks down unexpected spells. Website issues_______________________________________________ Realms are down or crashing Example: Players cannot get past “Authenticating” or a specific PTR realm is not currently online. Blizzard Technicians continually monitor all of our realms and work to resolve issues as quickly as possible. QA does not have information about realm status. Information regarding realm status can be viewed in the Realm Status Forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011700/ Exploits, Cheats and Hacks Example: Several players are using cheats to win PVP All reports of exploits, cheats, hacks or the players who are using them should be reported via the web-form found here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/topic/wow/ Forum Avatar or Character Armory is outdated Example: In-game character is level 70, forum avatar is level 63. The Forum information is not updated in real time, it can often take days or weeks for this information to update. This is especially true if your characters recently changed realms or were a part of a realm-merge, and is ultimately not a topic that's appropriate to report here. Unable to view items on armory, or character not found Again, this forum is only for in-game bugs or issues that were experienced on the PTR. For any issues with our support pages or websites, please go here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1025938/Kaivax0 Feb 6
Feb 6 Welcome! Please Read. Welcome to the Battle for Azeroth Alpha Bug Report forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the Battle for Azeroth alpha test with your fellow World of Warcraft players, and report bugs encountered while testing. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the forum Code of Conduct (http://forums.battle.net/forum-coc.html), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft. The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net, or Blizzard Entertainment are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, and/or non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon. Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Posting "First" or IBTL ("in before lock") constitutes as spamming. You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL ("in before the lock") is not helpful, and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Do not "bump" posts. The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called "necro bumping" or "necroing"). Petition posts are frowned upon. These are discussion forums and, as such, we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Do not post about locked or deleted threads. Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum Code of Conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules. There is also cool down period we institute during times of high forum traffic. If you are violating policy during one of these times due to frustration, you will be given a three-hour cool down suspension. This does not get logged on your record and is simply in place to keep the forums readable and civil. Serious violations will still have the appropriate action taken against them as documented in the Code of Conduct, and we do keep track of these cool down periods separately—if one is found to be repeatedly violating policy, appropriate action will be taken.Kaivax0 Feb 6
2m Alpha killed my computer 3 weeks back, while playing Alpha it caused my computer to crash a few times over that week 3-4 times. So I stopped playing it, mind you I got some play time in the game, levled to 118 I believe maybe 117. I load up the game 2 days ago and it crashed again while I'm questing. This time my computer wouldn't turn back on to display anything, all I could hear for the fan on SUPER HIGH. Tested the parts, Video card burned out and Mother board gone. I need someone to contact me about this. The support call back won't let me hit Next button to complete. Is there just a phone number I can call? Alienware X51 R3 Standard Base Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 Processor (4-Cores, 8MB Cache, Turbo Boost 2.0, up to 4.0GHz) 12GB DDR4 2133MHz Alienware Standard USB 2.0 Keyboard (English) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 with 4GB GDDR5: VR-Ready Intel Wireless 3165$17265 Driver 1TB 3.5inch Serial ATA (7,200 Rpm) Hard Drive It was a good computer, ran all games perfectly, no issues. Her name was Betty, I was able to save the RAM and Hard drive.Alikain3 2m
1h Alpha Status anywhere? It appears that Alpha is currently down since no realms are available. Is there some place we can check status?Glognar13 1h
1h Fury Warrior bug or feature? [Bug?] I was doing the scenario for hordeside when I was grouped with a fury warrior. He had two humans following him most of the time mimicking him. I didn't see a buff on him and didn't see a talent that would proc them but they were right up on his.... backside the whole time. I tried asking what that was (I was laughing really hard at this point, they look really silly :P ) but he didn't speak English. So I made a Maghar Orc warrior just to see what procs the humans and I can't figure out what does it, so figured it might be a graphic bug? I mean.... personal bubble, guys! (Btw, Maghar Orcs rock!) Realms are offline for me atm or I'd try another race to see if it was MOrc specific and maybe a bug from using their racial. https://i.imgur.com/Jtzwm6l.jpgFrobozz0 1h
2h FPs Randomly Appear on Map From Other Areas I've been trying to figure out what triggers it since the new zone maps appeared, but have been unsuccessful & now just writing it up. Observation: While questing in a zone, eventually Flight Points & Ferry Points (FP) from other zones will appear on the map in my current location. Example: I've been questing in Stormsong Valley (SV) for the past hour, just finished the quest-line in Brennadam, checked the map for new quest locations, & Tiragarde Sound (TS) FPs were scattered on the SV zone map (in addition to SV FPs). To clear it, I just open up the other location's zone on the map. To clear the above example, I opened the TS zone map & it clears up SVs zone map. At least until what ever is triggering the issue reoccurs. I frequently open the map while questing to get my bearings, but haven't seen a pattern yet.Zuktuul2 2h
2h Mission Command Table Got the quest War of Shadows which says to send a follower on a mission. Have the follower, have the resources, click on table and nothing happens. Maybe not functional yet??Elui4 2h
2h Ship Mission Command Table Endless LUA Error I clicked on the table, got an initial LUA error, cleared it then got the error pasted below...I just happened to catch/stop it at count 909. It looks like it would have kept going if I hadn't closed out the Scouting Map frame. Reload option does not prevent further occurrences. Had zero issues with the Mission Table prior to tonight's patch. Completed several missions & had 4 or 5 followers. Message: ...lizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:605: attempt to compare nil with number Time: Thu Apr 19 19:28:49 2018 Count: 909 Stack: ...lizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:605: attempt to compare nil with number ...lizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:605: in function `IsZoomingOut' ...lizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:232: in function `CalculateLerpScaling' ...lizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:278: in function <...lizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:263> Locals: self = <unnamed> { 0 = <userdata> MarkCanvasDirty = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:348 GetMinZoomViewRect = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:511 GetNormalizedHorizontalScroll = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:664 SetPanTarget = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:544 DenormalizeVerticalSize = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:689 IsAtMaxZoom = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:608 AccumulateMouseDeltas = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:212 ScalingMode = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:257 GetMap = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:620 OnCanvasSizeChanged = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:374 ZoomOut = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:565 ShouldZoomInstantly = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:503 ZoomIn = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:554 GetNormalizedCursorPosition = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:714 TryPanOrZoomOnClick = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:86 SetZoomTarget = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:549 normalizedPanXLerpAmount = 0.15 NormalizeUIPosition = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:709 OnMouseUp = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:104 MarkAreaTriggersDirty = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:340 CalculateViewRect = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:515 ResetZoom = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:578 NormalizeHorizontalSize = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:677 SetNormalizedHorizontalScroll = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:659 CalculateScaleExtents = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:194 Child = <unnamed> { } SetShouldPanOnClick = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:491 SetCanvasSize = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:181 normalizedZoomLerpAmount = 0.15 GetScaleForMaxZoom = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:624 CalculateLerpScaling = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_MapCanvas\MapCanvas_ScrollContainerMixin.lua:228 GetCanvasScale = <function> defined @Interface\AddOZuktuul10 2h
2h Error 132 - Fatal Exception Hi, this is my first alpha entries and I was very excited to test some stuff out, however with growing frequency my client crashes giving me the below error. I've tried diagnosing what exactly has happened and have had no luck. I've tried: reinstalling the alpha client deleting the cache/WTF folders updating/clean installing drivers with DDU disabling Xbox settings, and a few other miscellaneous attempts Something to note, the game typically crashed after wondering around on a character for give or take 5minutes, however yesterday after the first reinstall, the client would never load completely, resulting in a frozen black screen after clicking 'Play'. I've since opened the beta directly from the folder to get back to playing in game for, once again, only a few minutes before the same crash. Happy to update and try anything, thanks in advance Error report - https://pastebin.com/GcLrCF3v Dxdiag - https://pastebin.com/sTVVhVhBJukeboxx19 2h
2h Quest Rig Robbing Quest: Rig Robbing No idea where to turn this in. The quest text gives no name or location, there is no ? on any map.Elui0 2h
2h Quest [Bug] Battle Victorious Kill 40 Venture Co members while riding the turtle , well gave it 5 mins or so of bombing not killing even one. Would take a few years to kill 40 or even one at this rate.Chahal1 2h
3h Can't turn in Heart of Azeroth quest If you had a character prior to this build, you already have the HoA as a premade. If you didn't go and start the breadcrumb quests for all three zones, you are permanently blocked from being able to start those zones properly because the quest, which is required to get the ability to interact with the "intel map" for the zones now, will not allow you to complete it due to already possessing the neck. Need this quest to be auto-completed for those who have already made characters otherwise they basically need to be completely scrapped and remade to continue testing.Ariyana30 3h
3h [BUG] Pet Action Bar After the latest client update, the hunter pet action bar resets to default whenever the pet disappears for ANY reason, including: -Dismissing -Flight path -Logging out -Flying mount in older flight-enabled zones Already submitted ingame bug report, posting so other hunters can be informed. Any warlocks see the same thing?Darkynhalvos4 3h
4h (bug)quest: To Matters at hand the "To Matters at hand" quest is bugged because Princess Talanjin is no where to be foundBelledra11 4h
4h Quest: A Different Outcome In Southern Zuldazar, the quest, A Different Outcome, has an optional, Take Boat Service to Atal'gral, but it does not get to Atal'gral. It gets up to some ships that ran aground, then it says 'The area ahead is dangerous, turn back now!' and then I end up back in front of Zo'Bal Ruins in Nazmir...is that Blizzard's way of keeping us out of that area or is it a problem that should be reported? Build 26310 (Beta x64) Mar 26 2018Romelan5 4h
5h Can’t que for dungeons I have a heart of Azeroth item already and I can’t que for dungeons because I can’t finish the quest to get the one from magni on the alliance side. Can someone delete my old one so I can finish the quest? It won’t let me delete it on my own.Shenhua9 5h
5h [Bug]Quest:Trouble at Fort Daelin Stormsong Quest: Trouble at Fort Daelin Check out the trouble at Fort Daelin. Bug: Basically this quest is given after the "Back to Brennadam" quest, which means its given in the wrong order, since the previous hand in cleaned up all the problems in Fort Daelin. Point in fact the first time you encounter Fort Daelin, is the "Speak to Commander Kellam" quest. So it looks like this breadcrumb quest is out of order.Greenstone0 5h
5h [BUG] Show Me What You've Got Jumping over the fence isnt giving any score points, zeppelins is only give 3 points and timer is WAY too short making this stupid quest impossible. Please fixWatermelon1 5h
8h Cannot create characters Got alpha access about a week ago, but cannot create any characters, could someone have a look at my account please. Have not been able to reach out before someone suggested I create a US starter account. Update: Tried both Anduin and Sylvanas, but get "Failure" every time, except with DK, there I get "Trial account cannot create DKs" The alpha is listed as [WoW5]Public Test Realm(PTR) on my account, it keeps changing from "Active" to "Time Expired" randomly. In game I see the reactivate button. I never received an email welcoming me into the alpha which has lead me to believe that something went wrong during activation. I'm a EU customer. Update2: Here I was getting excited that I was finally able to do what I was told, post in the US alpha forum to get help. I see now that it was pointless, there is not a single official response in here! Thanks for nothing I guess.. :( Update3: Guess I'm getting a bit carried away here, but could EU alpha participants please have access to the alpha forums by default without having to sneak in the backdoor with a US account which is kinda a hassle for us to create? Or if that's not possible perhaps make an alpha section in the EU forum? Thank you for reading and your concideration. Sorry about the outbursts.. ;( Update4: Apparently more easy access for EU customers are being worked on, thank you! :)Rabidrosie25 8h
10h UI Scale not working Game Menu > System > Advanced > UI Scale Expected behaviour: Ticking the box "Use UI Scale" and sliding the slider all the way to the left will make UI elements smaller. Actual behaviour: Ticking the box "Use UI Scale" makes all UI elements grow double in size, and sliding the slider has no effect. This is with 4K resolution in Fullscreen or Windowed mode without any addons.Zaynah0 10h
11h [Bug]Quest: The Shifting Tides Stormsong Quest: The Shifting Tides Speak with Commander Kellam. Bug: Does not have numbered indicator in the quest log, does not have "?" indicator in the quest log, does not have a minimap pointer or any indicator on him. Work-around: He is on the Eventide Delta near Fort Daelin.Greenstone0 11h
11h [Bug]Quest:Wheat a Minute Stormsong Quest: Wheat a Minute Collect 10 grain sacks. Bug: You can collect the sacks fine, however when you look at the Minimap for hand in location it shows the old location of Charles Davenport rather than giving you an arrow to the Millstone Hamlet where he went to when you found him.Greenstone0 11h
11h [Bug]Quest:Mighty Grokkfist Stormsong Quest: Mighty Grokkfist[/b] Grokkfist Slain - Use the bag of bilge rats on him. [b]Bug: If you use the bag of bilge rats on him he gets scared runs away and evades. He should be scared in place rather than running. Work-around: Just kill without using the bag.Greenstone0 11h
11h [Bug] Quest: Cookie Delivery Stormsong Quest: Cookie Delivery Deliver Box of Cookies to Charles Davenport Bug: No Minimap or main map pointer or indicator until you get physically near him. Work-around: Near the Ettins which you will have to kill in the quest "Ettin it done".Greenstone0 11h
11h [Bug]Quest: Good Shepherd Stormsong Quest: Good Shepherd Speak to Shepherd MillBrooke. Bug: No Minimap or main map pointer or indicator until you get physically near her.Greenstone0 11h
11h The Battle for Lordaeron Starting a thread for bugs related to the new quest / scenario, "The Battle for Lordaeron". Personally, I only encountered two. The goblins directly to your right at the beginning the scenario would not evacuate - the chat box just closed and they resumed their tinkering. Then during the phase "Cry Havoc" - when you're supposed to retreat with Nathanos after a skipped cutscene - we immediately picked up aggro on everything in the area, and he wouldn't initiate his path until after we wiped. Edit: One more comes to mind. When Sylvanas finished her path at the end of the last phase, I immediately disconnected and was ported out instead of having the option to leave the scenario manually. The quest still completed though.Selisarvilus25 11h
13h Current Bugs in Stormsong Valley. There are a few bugs / issues in Stormsong Valley: FIXED: Quest: Fetching Wrex - Quest has you break honey globs to find a pet for a child, you can find the pet, technically completing the requirement for the quest however you can not hand in the quest since the NPC ignores you if you completed any of the other quests they gave you. Basically you have to complete this quest, hand it in before the others in the same area. Reset did not fix this issue. FIXED: Quest: Breaker Bad - Destroy the reef breaker, quest is given as part of a tortollan quest line, which you are destroying invading forces, however the reef breaker is phased or bugged and you can not destroy it since it takes no damage and is untargettable. A reset did not fix this issue. FIXED: Quest: Piercing the Shield - Kill mobs to get Zeth'jir Channeling Rod, however you can not kill the mobs since they are not spawning, and the only two mobs which I did see that had the objective available died without dropping anything. Seems to be a big storyline in this area so this will slow down most questers trying to complete the zone achievements. Quest: Wanted: Yarsel'ghun - Must kill Yarsel'ghun, once completed doesn't give you the correct direction for hand in of the quest, this could be due to the fact that I wasn't finished with a few broken quests so the location it was pointing to was not yet populated, or was pointing to wrong area. Miscellaneous bugs: Some quests have no objective arrow basically you are given the quest however it doesn't point to anywhere on the map, so you have to roam around to find your goal, while this is fine if you had a clear map with names of towns on it the main map of the Alpha is still incomplete, so everything is a guessing game. This is much more frustrating for people who do not have lots of time to spend roaming around looking for hubs or quests and really does slow down the game play. If its intended it, it should really be reconsidered since it destroys the flow of questing. FIXED: For example: Quest Giver - Felecia Gladstone gives two quests but there is no leading quest to this quest giver that I remember, she is just on a hill stealthed. The two quests she gives are, "Economic Downturn" and "Explosive Entrance". However there is no objective pointer for either quest, the assumption is they are above her somewhere. After roaming around I found they take place in Chillstone Mine, where there are two more quest, one to save miners by finding and using a key, and another to go outside and find a prototype shredder. There is no quest description for either quest given by Gladstone, just various objectives, so this seems like it might be an incomplete quest line, especially after you reach the shredder and there is continuing quest. FIXED: A few quests I was able to complete but they took a bit of thinking, one quest (lost the name) requires you to clear the oil off of birds, however if you get the second to last bird (8 birds are needed) it will phase out, and you are unable to grab the last (8th) bird to clean it. If this happens to you it means you are bugged and should abandon the quest. A work-around I found was to locate an area where there are at least 2-3 birds visible after you grab 5-6 birds and quickly run to the last bird while cleaning the one before it. Again you can abandon this quest and redo if you get stuck. LUA errors and Quest Log errors: I have noticed lots of people complaining about LUA errors and Quest Log failures, these are not errors associated with the questing or zones, these are due to the fact that during the character creation process your character was created with a bug. Just make a new character do a few quests and if this happens, abandon the character / delete it. How do I know the above? Well after creating a druid that was having lots of these problems, and getting him to 117, I spoke to a guildie who was having no problems with LUA or Quest Log issues on her warlock. She had just created the warlock, and was able to do quests I could not see, the only solution I could come up with was to create a second druid character. That second druid character still has not experienced any LUA or Quest log bugs of this type whatsoever. Good luck questing.Greenstone2 13h
13h Talanji Missing - She's back! Horde players are currently unable to properly start any of the zones, Talanji is phased out and we're all stuck unable to quest. Minor workaround: You can travel to Nazmir to start her chain there, but upon finishing you are still locked out of the next two zones.Stormaker20 13h
15h {Bug} To Darnassus quest stuck on kill 50 hordeRamsfan0 15h
16h Teldrassil questline: NYI, or broken? I've had this issue across two characters now. I am unable to complete the quest "To Darnassus!" which appears to be the last quest (or near the end) in the Teldrassil intro to the Battle of Lordaeron questline, which I haven't started on either of these characters. I can speak to Shandris Feathermoon in Darnassus, and she delivers her speech of orders to the various military units assembled there. She then tells me to go reinforce a border, and says she has something that will help, presumably summoning a Fey Dragon for me to ride (since the objective to mount a Fey Dragon then completes). But no Fey Dragon appears. Instead she mounts up on a hippogryph, and then her model disappears from its back, though the hippogryph still has her name on it. I can only talk to her to make her repeat these same actions, but cannot get a Fey Dragon to appear or otherwise advance the quest. Is the rest of this quest/questline simply not yet implemented, or is it just broken?Kratus7 16h
16h Fixing the quest log bug [Horde] So. A lot of people have been having issues with the quest log not updating properly. It seems to me, this issue stems from a certain quest. This quest doesn't actually get placed into your quest log, but the game stil lregisters you as accepting it, causing the glitch to occur. Every quest in that chain does not show up in your quest log, nor does it track. Every other quest, so long as you still have any quest in that one chain "accepted", will just glitch out and require a /reload ui to properly track. The only proper fix I've found, is to finish that chain that started from the "invisible" quest. This is a lot harder to do, specifically because as stated - that quest, and every quest in that specific chain, are untrackable and don't show up. You have to do them completely blind. I'm posting this here because not only would a lot of people be checking here for a fix, but also to give word to Blizzard about what quest causes the issue. Hopefully there isn't a second quest that causes this. I don't know the quest for the Alliance, but the quest for Horde is given by Nathanos alongside "Shiver Me Timbers" called "Breaking Kul Tiran Will." The first part of this quest is easy enough, as you run into Nathanos while just doing the quests after "Shiver Me Timbers." After you turn that in to Nathanos, this is where it gets confusing for most people. As the quest does not show up in your quest log, most people forget they even have it as they then move on to doing the "Shiver Me Timbers" chain - which does track, albeit while having to /reload ui constantly to update the quest log. Pick up "Into the Heart of Tiragarde" and then travel to this point on the map: https://i.imgur.com/IMEn98F.png and turn in "Into the Heart of Tiragarde" to Nathanos. Then pick up "Our Mountain Now." Do as the quest objective says and kill 10 Roughnecks in the outpost next to you. Again, the quest will not update or even show that the mobs are what you need to kill - but once you kill 10, the rest of the mobs will run away and Nathanos and co. will run into the outpost. Turn in "Our Mountain Now" and pick up "Making Ourselves At Home" from Nathanos and "Bridgeport Investigation" from Lillian. "Making Ourselves At Home" requires you to pick up 7 Links of Chain and 7 Sail Canvas. These items are found scattered around the outskirts of Bridgeport. You can either count each one you pick up, or just keep picking them up until you can't pick up anymore. "Bridgeport Investigation" you have to visit three spots around Bridgeport and view a cutscene. This is made a little easy because you can see a 'ghostly' version of your character, but the spots are: Just below the large bridge in Bridgeport: https://i.imgur.com/pqVekXa.jpg In a corner on the docks, by the east side of the small bridge in Bridgeport: https://i.imgur.com/wlB1CUN.jpg Inside the smaller house at the west side of the large bridge in Bridgeport: https://i.imgur.com/q1Aou0J.jpg Once dead, head back up to the Outpost and turn both quests in. Then pick up "Explosives in the Foundry" from Lillian and meet up with her at this spot: https://i.imgur.com/x2xRfmA.png Pick up "Explosivity" and simply throw her torch as instructed at the crates in front of her. Turn it in, and pick up "Ammunition Acquisition," "Gunpowder Research" and "A Bit of Chaos." "Ammunition Acquisition" just pick up 8 crates of explosives around the foundry - just like the chains/sails, you won't be able to pick up anymore once finished. "A Bit of Chaos" just kill Foundry Workers(the neutral mobs) until you count 15. As for "Gunpowder Research" you need to collect two items, both drop from specific mobs. The "Gunpowder Manufacturing Guide" drops from "Taskmaster Williams" found in the large building north-east of where Lillian is: https://i.imgur.com/0ndi3HH.png. The "Ashvane Explosives Formula" drops from "Forgemaster Farthing" found in the small forge-like building up the stairs east from where Williams was: https://i.imgur.com/aLvNtri.png. Once all of those are finished, head back to Lillian and turn them in. Then accept "Death Trap." Travel across the small bridge in Bridgeport and place the 8 crates of explosives where indicated at the fork in the road. Then go back to Lillian and turn the quest in - she moved to just down the hill from her initial spot by the foundry. Pick up "The Bridgeport Ride" and do it. Ride the horse through Bridgeport until you gathered up Captain Stone and 10 guards and then run back to where you set the 8 crates. Watch the cutscene, then you should appear back at the outpost. Turn the quest in to Nathanos, and you're done. The quest log should be working properly again. TL;DR: Do the chain that starts from "Breaking Kul Tiran Will." GLHF.Kruhan26 16h
16h Quest: A bad deal After the events in freehold, you are told to find Roko in Boralus harbor. He is not on the minimap or map. I was not able to find him.Shenhua20 16h
17h OSX iMac graphics issues iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB OSX 10.13.4 I was able to do the raid testing last Friday without issue but now the minute I leave the Alliance hearth area and encounter enemy mobs in the open world the screen just goes nuts and eventually turns black. At first everything is fine then random black, jagged triangle shapes will project from NPCs and the screen will just turn black. I can still see the WoW cursor on top of the black screen. Sometimes instead of going black the screen will just scramble and or have green artifacts. If I switch to windowed mode it will clear the screen up for a few seconds then it will just get caught in a stuttering loop forcing me to exit. I tried using the same settings I use on live and the recommended game settings (which are slightly higher) and received the same results. I've tried using the default driver and the NVIDIA Web driver both yielding the same results. Here are a few screen shots: https://imgur.com/vWntLyK https://imgur.com/WxHoOuU https://imgur.com/Ll3WC2x https://imgur.com/maoxkDC https://imgur.com/xIWpUEoKinisai10 17h
18h Fullscreen Mode Not sure if it is intentional due to some backend rendering rework and such, but dedicated Fullscreen mode doesn't seem to work as it is supposed to be. Still is Windowed Fullscreen or at least acts like it. Cleared my config files just in case if I changed something in config.wtf. But Fullscreen still doesn't run in Fullscreen dedicated mode. Windows 10 16299.248 R7 260X 2GB on Radeon Software version 18.1.1Sly24 18h
18h [Bug]Quest: Goldfield's War Stormsong Quest: Goldfield's War Use the guns to kill 20 quillboar invaders. Bug: No long works, basically when I made my first druid, it worked now its not working like many of the Stormsong quests that require a machine to do damage. Basically no damage is done to any of the mobs.Greenstone0 18h
19h [Bug]Quest: Grain Drain Stormsong Quest: Grain Drain Collect 8 sacks of grain. Bug: Quest works properly however the log shows this as a quest with a "missing header" meaning it doesn't show under Stormsong.Greenstone0 19h
19h [Bug]Quest: Raiders of the Lost Crop Stormsong Quest: Raiders of the Lost Crop Kill 6 orc raiders. Bug: Quest works find however on the quest log this quest is showing that it is "missing a header" meaning that it will not be shown under stormsong.Greenstone0 19h
20h [Crash] macos Terrain Problem in Vol'dun? My macos game client keeps crashing at a certain location in Vol'dun. When I login, the game crashes immediately. No chance to move my character. The name of the character is "Perky" on realm "Sylvanas". It would be nice, if someone can move that character to the hearth position, so I can continue testing...Katherine1 20h
20h Offerings to G'huun Nazmir quest, offering are not showing. The area does phase in and out, depending on where you are. Can not move on in the area because of this.Lasquirt5 20h
20h [Bug]Quest:Back to Brennandam Stormsong Quest: Back to Brennandam After completing an event near Fort Daelin you are asked to return to Back to Brennandam and speak with Squire Augustus III. This seems to be one of the quests that lead to the completion of one of the achievements for the zone. Bug: When you return to Brennandam Squire Augustus III is not present. Roaming around the zone doesn't find you another location so far that he is present and willing to take the hand in.Greenstone12 20h
21h [Bug]Quest: War of Shadows Tiragarde Sound (Wind's Redemption) Quest: War of Shadows Click on the mission table send follower out to complete the mission. Bug: Can not interact with the mission table. Work-Around: You must log out and log back in to get the table to respond. It will give you an empty boarder, switch the tabs on the bottom to the first tab and do the mission.Greenstone0 21h
21h [Bug] Shirtless men following me.... In Stormwind. Not that I am complaining but thought y'all should know lol https://imgur.com/a/dSJ396MNexzie2 21h
21h [BUG] RJW procs Sunrise Technique What's currently going on is that whenever you have the Sunrise Technique Azerite Trait, whenever you Rising Sun Kick "x" target and get the "buff" (not sure why it's not a debuff) from said Rising Sun Kick, the damage procs from Sunrise Technique are going off everytime Rushing Jade Winds AoE ticks. So basically at 3 Sunrise Technique Traits from the 3 Azerite pieces, you're doing 1330 or so damage second PLUS moves like Blackout Kick and Rising Sun Kick itself etc, depending on outlying buffs from trinkets etc.Boredom0 21h
21h [BUG]-Tiragarde Sound Quest - Give a Dam THe beavers are currently NOT giving any credit. Please fix. I'm almost done with the storyline in Tiragarde Sound but this quest is preventing me to do so.Watermelon0 21h
21h Character Not Found Started getting this about 10 minutes ago. None of my characters will load.Ironbeer19 21h
21h [Bug]Quest:Battle Victorious Stormsong Quest: Battle Victorious Use giant turtle to destroy 40 Venture Co. Forces. Bug: You mount the turtle and toss the mines at the Venture Co. Forces but they no longer die. They take no damage at all. This quest was working but since last patch it has broken. This is in the same area that the quest Breaker Bad was glitched and is showing basically the same problem, mobs are unable to take damage from the mines you lob off the turtle's back. Fun quest when it was working. Edit: Tried to kill forces without the turtle, they die but do not count towards the objective.Greenstone2 21h
22h Quest Bugged: Hot Pursuit Once you hop on the horse in the Hot Pursuit quest, it clips through the world moves you to an odd location, and each time you jump, it will reset you to the spot you end up in after the clipping. Also, when you reach the bridge, the horse stops and you lose all vehicle commands.Kenzaki4 22h