Oceanic General Discussion

Mar 23, 2011 Oceanic General Forum Posting Guidelines This forum has been created to give players who hail from Australia and New Zealand a place to discuss issues relevant to their community. This is a valuable resource, and a unique opportunity to discuss World of Warcraft in the context of regional interests and issues. Please note that discussions pertaining to World of Warcraft are welcome, but as there is now an Oceanic specific guild recruitment forum (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011641/), guild recruitment posts, as well as any other post or thread which violates the forum code of conduct, are prohibited.Daxxarri0 Mar 23, 2011
Mar 23, 2011 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the Oceanic General Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Contact List: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#3 Community Managers: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#4 MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#5Daxxarri1 Mar 23, 2011
May 19 Australian Servers and FAQ We are pleased to announce that the upcoming deployment of Australian World of Warcraft game servers ahead of the games next expansion, Warlords of Draenor. This new infrastructure will support Australia and New Zealand and should provide a significant smoother gameplay experience for players in the region. Players currently on an Oceanic realm—Barthilas, Frostmourne, Thaurissan, Saurfang, Caelestrasz, Jubei'Thos, Khaz'goroth, Aman'Thul, Nagrand, Dath'Remar, Dreadmaul, and Gundrak—should automatically experience improved latency once the new game servers go live. To help those currently adventuring on North American realms, such as Blackrock and Proudmoore, optional free character and guild master realm transfers will be offered for a limited time. Q: What benefits will local game servers have for Australian and New Zealand World of Warcraft players? A: The introduction of World of Warcraft game servers hosted in Australia, which will support the Oceanic realms, should provide local Australian and New Zealand players with reduced latency, which should provide an improved gameplay experience as a result. Q: Where will the servers be physically located? A: The game servers will be hosted within an Australian data centre, ensuring Australian and New Zealand players receive the best possible latency. Q: Will I still be able to play with my friends who are on U.S. servers? A: Yes! Because the new Australian World of Warcraft game servers will continue to communicate with the existing North American hardware, players will still be able to play with friends on U.S game servers, just as they can today. They’ll still be able to use their Blizzard friends list to easily group up and chat, regardless of where they are playing. Q: Will the new game servers have any impact on my current characters? A: No! Because the local World of Warcraft game servers will replace the existing U.S.-based hardware which currently hosts the Oceanic realms, all individual characters, gold, and guilds already on an Oceanic realm will be unaffected. The introduction of Australian game servers will be completely invisible to players in the region, with the immediate benefit of providing greatly reduced latency; resulting in a smoother, more responsive gameplay experience. Q: When will local game servers be available? A: We’re aiming to have the new local World of Warcraft game servers available ahead of the release of the upcoming expansion, Warlords of Draenor, which will go on sale in Australia and New Zealand on November 13, 2014. An extended maintenance to the current Oceanic realms will be required in order to migrate player data to the new hardware. Servers will be taken offline on Tuesday October 28 with normal scheduled maintenance and we will have the new game servers online as soon as possible. Q: Will the new local game servers only be available to players who purchase World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, or will they also work for players without the expansion? A: While we’re excited for players to take on the Iron Horde and help repel the invasion of Azeroth in World of Warcraft’s next expansion, Warlords of Draenor, all players will be able to take advantage of the introduction of the new local game servers straight away. Optional character transfers will be made available for a limited time for those players who wish to play on the new Australian game servers, but who are not currently part of an Oceanic realm. Q: How will the character transfer process work? A: Once the new regional hardware comes online, players who are already on an Oceanic realm will not be required to take any action to move to an Australian server. Players who are currently on Oceanic or North American realms will be offered a two-week window to transfer their characters to one of the existing Oceanic realms. While players will be required to purchase a paid Character Transfer service for each character they wish to relocate, full refunds for each toon moved will be automatically processed and returned within 72 hours. This process will begin from 6:01PM AEDT Oct 29, 2014 and end at 6:59PM AEDT Nov 13, 2014. Players will still be able to transfer characters to Oceanic realms after this time, but associated server transfer costs will not be reimbursed. Please note that while Character Transfers and Guild Master Realm Transfers will be offered without charge, bundling additional services, such as a Faction Change to a Character Transfer or Guild Master Realm Transfer will mean the bundle is no longer eligible for refund. To ensure the cost of your Character Transfer service is returned, first move your character to an Oceanic realm and then initiate a separate faction, race or name change as desired.Watcher1205 May 19
Apr 3 ANZ Streamers & Content Creators We’re looking for talent from the ANZ region! Are you an avid WoW streamer or video creator from Australia or New Zealand? Looking to grow your community or just raise awareness about what you do? Then this thread is the place to share your details! Post links to your channel in this thread, along with a few reasons why people should drop by to check it out. Think about including some of the following details in your post: Type of content (Streamer/Pre-recorded content) If you’re a streamer, what are your usual play times? Level of experience (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced) Preferred class/spec A bit about yourselfTakralus36 Apr 3
Mar 7, 2017 Share Your Stories and Experiences! Do you have an interesting World of Warcraft-related real life story to share? Did you meet your partner through the game? Did WoW inspire you to head down a different career path? Did you make life-long friends on the other side of the world, or even in your own backyard? Share your stories and experiences with the community in this thread, and tell us how WoW changed your life.Takralus15 Mar 7, 2017
2h New AUD/NZD Transfer Prices ???? $34 For a race change/realm transfer and $80 for a boost?!?! What are these prices and who thought of them? Good heavens... Lord have mercy on anyone who thought the prices would be coming down anytime soon. Seriously tho, kekkinlamoyski.Megaa13 2h
6h AUD services price rise 4 days to save OK Guys time to hit the store now before the 26th June, where prices in services will be increasing by 25% https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21900197 Currently though we do have 4 days to take advantage of current sale prices shown here https://imgur.com/a/y5WmgQF New Price Starting 26 June - AUD Name Change $13.50 Appearance Change $20.00 Helms $20.00 WoW Token No change Character Transfer $34.00 Race Change $34.00 Pets $13.50 Mounts $34.00 Warforged Nightmare $40.00 Pet & Mount Bundle $47.00 Faction Change $40.00 Guild Transfer $47.00 Guild Faction Change $54.00 Guild Name Change $27.00 Character Transfer & Faction Change $74.00 Character Boost $80.00 Guild Transfer & Faction Change $88.00 Based on the sale prices vs the new prices to take effect on 26th June character transfers/race changes/ boosts will be a saving of $14 faction changes will be a saving now of $15.25Daicemerolen11 6h
7h where is everyone from? any adelaide hey there im posting to see how many adelaide players we have i rarely ever get to see or even meet somone on the game from south aus would be good to see a few posts from people hereßên28 7h
7h Day and Night are Backwards I noticed this a long time ago and I'm sure you guys have too, but I'm just now making the complaint because I'm sick of nighttime in WoW. Daytime and nighttime in WoW are essentially the opposite of us in Australia. So when we play during the day, afternoon, and early night, it's always nighttime. I'm so over seeing nighttime constantly. The only way we get to see day is if we were to play between midnight and 6am. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume every server and realm go by one universal day/night cycle?, and that it's calibrated to mimic America? That's nice for you guys, but I would like to see day for once. Can we please get out own separate day and night cycle to suit us Oceanic players?Stabriel341 7h
14h Australian wage growth is flat.. Sorry to be dramatic, but Australian wage growth has been stagnant for years and is expected to be for years to come. An increase of this magnitude is actually extremely impactful on people's ability to buy your product. Exchange rate is not an excuse for increases. You should look at the macro environment before taking these actions. Very disappointed.Yourmate5 14h
17h Can I raid on Oceanic server as US player? Hey there I have a question for you peeps. I am from/live in the US. My raid schedule has changed and the only guilds that match my available times are on oceanic servers. I would be looking for a guild that's 11/11m as my guild killed it around the time as OC30. Just would like some opinions if guilds tolerate a US player at 200 ping and if anyone does this now? Ironic because I started playing wow on Blackrock server which was high pop of ausi and kiwi XD. Thanks for your time!Cevren3 17h
1d Shyness, anxiety, depression, toxic community Empty friend list, empty btag list, empty guild or no one ever online, uneasy starting conversation. There are way too many to list all the reasons why most of us play alone. Unfortunately, as most of us know, finding nice people has become a bit of an issue due to the toxic behaviour of a very small portion of the player base. Most of us just stay quiet for fear of getting kicked out by those disruptive kids, or insulted, and so on. I've started a community on Discord and hoping to find more like-minded people interested in joining us. You know, people who can speak in full sentences, people who don't need to swear every 2nd word, people who can go for hours without insulting others, people who actually like to help out, etc... In short, a nice community. No need to transfer toons, to reroll, or change anything you do. We get together on Discord to chit-chat (mostly text), or to form groups, to get help or to help out. If you are as bored of playing alone as some of us are, feel free to join us. Everyone is welcomed, regardless of faction, level, ilvl, experience, etc. Please post your btag in here and I will check the thread regularly to add you. By posting in here, others may also friend you or you can friend some and you'll gather your own list of friends. If you prefer not putting your info in here, you can contact me directly on btag or in Discord. Looking forward to meeting some of you soon. Cheers, Worgbane btag: Worgbane#1877 Discord: Worgbane#9655Worgbane69 1d
1d [A] TANK AND RANGED - Wed/Sun 8-10.30pm ST <Killing In The Name Of> is one of Dath Remar's oldest guilds since BC. We are looking for a 2nd Main Tank to replace our Guild Leader as he is switching roles to Ranged DPS. We are also looking for extra DPS to come raid with us. Raid days and times will be Wed and Sun between 8 and 10.30pm Server time. Most of us are in Australia so the times are suitable for people who work during the week. Exceptions can be made for people who desire certain roles. Anyone welcome to join; friends, family and alts included ! Whisper or add me if you want to chat. Comment below if you are interested. Lukesta#1342Lukesta0 1d
2d BFA start time? For oceanic servers, is there a rough estimate of when - 15:00 for the 14th August for example- or could it be anytime? Just wondering if I need some time off work or not. EDIT: best go by the Eastern States timezone of course.Skychild9 2d
2d looking for someone to play with I'm really new to wow and none of my friends play it so i was hoping someone would like to join me and help me out or just play with someone newToshiee4 2d
4d ⭐️[A] <SOS> 11/11M LFM BFA ⭐️ About us: SOS is an Alliance Mythic raiding guild on Caelestrasz/Nagrand. We started raiding in Vanilla and all the way through to MOP, where the guild has been on hiatus during WoD and now has returned to fight against the Legion. We've raided at a high level since our return and aim to push high oceanic rankings in all future content. We contain a group of mature raiders who are into mythic progression and we aim to provide a drama free and chilled environment to raid in. Raid Schedule: Thursday 8:00pm – 11:30pm Sunday 8:00pm – 11:00pm Monday 8:00pm – 11:00pm We are a Semi-Hardcore Progression Raiding Guild and our current progression is: Emerald Nightmare - 7/7N | 7/7H | 7/7M Trial of Valor - 3/3M | 3/3H | 3/3M Nighthold - 10/10N | 10/10H | 10/10M Tomb of Sargeras - 9/9N | 9/9H | 7/9M Antorus - 11/11N | 11/11H | 11/11M CE What we are looking for: *Skilled and committed raiders *Exceptional raid awareness (Mechanics) *Maturity, punctuality and 80% + attendance *Knowledge of class played *Fully gemmed/enchanted What we offer: *Friendly and active player base. *Activities besides just raiding. *Food/Flasks/Repairs and Talent changes during raid. You must at least meet 965+ ilvl and 80+ traits (Main Spec only) and at least 8/11M Ant experience (Any prior experience if you can prove your ability via logs). However, please don't let this hold you back from applying if you are interested and are confident you can bring alot to our raiding environment. All exceptional applicants will still be considered. [quote] Currently keen on recruiting: Ranged DPS [Medium] Mage (Frost/Fire) [Low] Priest (Shadow) [High] Druid (Boomkin) [Medium] Shaman (Elemental) [Low] Hunter Melee DPS [Low] Death Knight (Any) [Low] Monk (WW) [Low] Druid (Feral) [Low] Paladin (Ret) [Medium] Rogue Healers [Low] Monk (MW) [Medium] Priest (Prefer Disc > Holy) [Medium] Shaman (Restoration) Tank [Medium] Deathknight (Blood) [Low] Monk (BM) Contact: Bluangelz (Recruitment & GM) - Bluu#1795 Rainbowfire (Healing Officer) – Rainbowfire#1480 You can also reach us by filling in this short application. https://goo.gl/forms/HxnQXKz5ekN3fLL63Bluangelz0 4d
6d 7 ppl won Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza Seven Oceanic players won the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza this week. 7/50 wins for all of US/Oceanic realms is great. Many Oceania players getting up before 7:00 am to join in. Since it has been fixed on our realms I have won; The Dread Pirate Ring Boots of the Bay Hook of the Master Angler Consolation prizes; Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots High Test Eternium Fishing Line It seems it is a good time to go and fish up those things. Forget the Violet Spellwing ….I’d rather be fishing :Éndora4 6d
Jun 17 [A] new player looking for 3s arena partners Hello, Started to play wow 5 months ago, tried a few classes at 110. Im still learning how to pvp, experience wise Im pretty noob in 3s. Looking for partners who are same like me. we can discord though Im not a native speaker. I still dont know all the classes/spells but ready to learn. AEST - Im available from 4pm to 10pm weekdays and flexible at the weekends(Im in Sydney). We can also do mythic and pve things. ( I ve done some mythic dungeons up to lvl7 and havent done any raid yet) I tried resto druid but I guess I feel more comfortable playing holy paladin. Basically, Im looking for friends to build long lasting relationship in wow. my btag: bluegumcreek - pls leave yours if you are interested.Komutanlogar0 Jun 17
Jun 16 Friendly WoW Discord for shy / new players Inspired by the EU Fail Train Discord Community, "Fail Train US / Oceanic" was created for players who play on WoW US and Oceanic servers who: Have social anxiety issues or feel a bit shy to group up with people Are new to the game or need help exploring all that Azeroth has to offer Value doing content with a fun, social and relaxed group May want to try out a new class or role but are put off from doing so Want to make new friends and play WoW with like minded players Love talking about food (we have a channel called "Nomi’s Kitchen" dedicated to delicious noms) And most importantly: Players who think the journey is just as important as the destination. So if that sounds like you then hop on board The Fail Train :) If you don't particularly fit the bill but are willing to dedicate a little time and understanding to those that do then you too are welcome aboard. What are we about? We are trying to establish a guild free from server or faction restrictions. We would love to get a bunch of more passengers aboard so there are always people online from all over to group up and do content together (raids, dungeons, transmog runs, achievements, questing and more). We are currently running Normal raids each week on both Alliance and Horde sides, and would love to get more people joining that would like to experience raiding other than LFR. You can join Fail Train US / Oceanic Discord via the link below. Discord is a free web, desktop and phone based chat app for gamers. Be sure to check out the #welcome channel when you join: https://discord.gg/XYcsvTs If you know anyone who might be interested in this community, please feel free to share our invite link around.Zireael2 Jun 16
Jun 16 LFM BFA weekly raid group I'm looking for reliable people to raid on Fridays from 8pm-11pm AEST. This is for people who are not in a guild, alts, or for those who couldn't raid with their guild. I'm currently looking for all roles and I'm also looking to expand to other days once I have enough people for one day. Currently trying to get a group together for Heroic Antorus (930+ ilvl) before the expansion hits. Leave a comment below if you're interested.Fakekorean0 Jun 16
Jun 15 Anyone been able to do Fishing Competition? Howdy all So the Stranglethorn Fishing Competition is supposed to be working again. It's 2pm PST worldwide now; which means for us Aussies that's 7am Monday morning if you live in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne etc. It's all supposed to be up-and-running, but it hasn't been working for me. No zone-wide announce, no pools spawn. From what I saw this morning, no one else was getting it either. So my question is... Has anyone been able to do this? Or more specifically, anyone on Khaz'Goroth / Dath'Remar? I've confirmed I'm doing the right thing logging in Monday 7am with a GM. He said they're not getting other reports. However, I observed about 8-10 players also trying to do the competition and people chatting in <general> about how they couldn't do it either. I reckon there's a chance they're not getting reports from Aussies because: (a) A lot of people aren't even aware it's supposed to be working again so they're just like "meh, still not working"; and (b) Very few Aussies are actually doing the comp due to low awareness of change to competition time [used to be 2pm ST Sunday] and even if you know of the time change it's a low activity time for antipodeans anyway. Have you been able to do the fishing comp anytime in the last 4 weeks? Or have you also been unable to do it, like me?ßjørn7 Jun 15
Jun 15 [H] LF arena partner/team Greeting, Currently at 1700+ for weeks and couldn't find anyone to arena with, mostly through LFG. Looking forward for chill people wishes to push rating as I am and I'm not going to rage after 1 loss. I can take any constructive criticism as long it would help to improve our game. I'm available weekday 6pm to 12am, weekend 12pm to 6pm, GMT+8 Btag Lumphy#1677Lumphy0 Jun 15
Jun 15 <Betrayal> 6/11M of Frostmourne(A) wants you! < Betrayal > 6/11M, is a semi-hardcore guild on Frostmourne, with the aim of being ready to push mythic content in BFA. Formed by players with Cutting Edge raiding experience in Legion, <Betrayal> aims to have a mature approach to raiding, pushing relevant content at a competitive pace. We take suggestions seriously and encourage communication between members and officers. We also place emphasis on raiders performance and attitude and constructive feedback is provided when necessary. What we're looking for: Mythic experience is a must Maturity and understanding that ridiculous drama has no place in a video game community. We Expect you to turn up 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. 90% Attendance. Come fully prepared to raid. This extends beyond flasks, food and potions. We expect you to have researched all new fights and be familiar with new mechanics. Know your class. We will not teach you how to raid. Previous raiding experience is also essential. Prior tier and expansion raid exploits will often count for more than your current progression. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Raid Schedule (AEST): Wednesday: 8:00pm-11pm SVT Thursday: 8:00pm-11pm SVT Third night pending for next xpac --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Recruiting: All roles and specs are welcome to apply, but here's priority: - High Priority Rogue / Shaman / Exceptional Hunters - Low Priority Healers (any class except Priest) Contact: In game: Knoctrius (GM), Toshinokyoko, Oldenglish or Pala Real ID: Ensondria#1441 (GM), Zarkraz#1619, Cloby#6735 or Superm0de#1419 Feel free to contact with any questions!Knoctrius1 Jun 15
Jun 13 New Server Limits? Something has happened with the OCE servers, They've gone from being mostly low-medium to medium-high (Frostmourne's even full!) I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if OCE's server limits have been reduced. I highly doubt it's an influx of players, not this late into an expac and not for OCESarshu4 Jun 13
Jun 13 looking for buddys :) looking for decent people to play WoW with to do all things in game pve pvp lvling toons etc etc just want someone or more to play with on a daily bases add me on discord or btag Blood#1125 <-- BTAG Monster#3243<--- discordÀxcel2 Jun 13
Jun 12 WOW freakout vid - It is hilarious!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpcZakalina2 Jun 12
Jun 9 Tasmanian discord server just created a discord server for all the fellow 2 heads out there, so come along and join us. im trying to build a build a nice Tasmanian community. make sure to tell your other tassie friends too. https://discord.gg/JJtY37kThow0 Jun 9
Jun 7 [S] Knockoff Blingtron for 240k Frostmourne only serious offers pleaseRileyfreeman0 Jun 7
Jun 7 Need a WOW Pal? Hi everyone, i don't really know how to start this off so I'm just going to go for it. I started my WOW journey fairly late in the WOD expansion found a great group of people in a guild and had a great time till the release of Legions when i stop playing. I found myself bored, tired of playing a MMORPG with just old lonesome me, so i decided to take a break and I've been gone for almost a year. Im posting because like the title says I'm looking for a WOW Pal. Basically i want someone to do as the game entails, raid, do dungeons, general questing and so on. Even if were not doing something together at least we will be chatting through PM. A single person or a group of people who just want a close friend to play with i really dont care who, when, where and what we do together. And yeah i know this sounds a tad NEEDY/DESPERATE of me but i really loved the time i spent playing with others the last i played. I enjoy the every aspect of the game and hope now to find someone(s) who do to and l find the game lacking in the whole "multi player"/"group" aspect. I plan to be as active as possible, maybe 2-4 hours a weeknight and as much as possible on the weekends, basically whenever my schedule permits. I also understand that people have lives outside of the WOW world and that things happen that mean they cant play so I'm flexible. I just dont wont to play a game that meant to be played other alone again. Send me a MSG however you can and ill leave my DISCORD here so that it makes it easy. If i get multiple hits from this we may even end up in a small tight group. Happy WOWing DemonLama#6656Mordeel0 Jun 7
Jun 5 WoW level scaling is worthless because... What is the point of world scaling, when the best way to grind out levels and level your toon is to spam LFD? I can always be near a repair shop and sell my items each dungeon. Where as leveling int he world I have to run to places, may not be near a repair shop, and I get less XP. There is no point to this new feature unless you either nerf the XP you get per dungeon (i.e. have you get the majority of the XP by completing the dungeon quests, not the dungeon itself) or increase the XP you get for world quests. Please let me know if I am wrong and why? I hope you all are having a good day.Mendaxus18 Jun 5
Jun 5 US/EU Battle.net Hi all, I've noticed that recently whenever I go into the battle net website and WoW Forums instead of taking me to the US site like usual it takes me to the EU site. Is anyone else in Aus experiencing this? I know it's not a big issue by far, but it's annoying that it doesn't automatically take me the the site which Oceanic players are supposed to post/view on. This has been happening on both PC and mobile for me.Tatyanar2 Jun 5
Jun 5 5 Million Gold Mount /share http://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=264058/mighty-caravan-brutosaur Can carry multiple players and a Trade stuff mount. Something to work towards before you become bat!@#$ bored.Pazu3 Jun 5
Jun 5 Frostmourne... yeah sucks to be horde There is no fun in 20 vs. 1 world PVP, and having 3min+ respawn timers doing world content just to finish one world quest is beyond a joke. If any other horde are in the same boat and sick to hell of the faction imbalance of this server (70/30 last check in favor of alliance, although it feels like 95/5 most the time) and are hoping for some free transfers to open up to make life happier again i have some bad news. I only post this because most times i am at a world quest i end up having a conversation with another solitary horde who is feeling the same and just over it, maybe this info will help others wondering what the deal is according to a GM. Conversation with GM > http://imgur.com/gallery/kP1Pv Key notes from this discussion - Bliz only monitor population, not faction balance - this means that even if a server was 100% one faction they wouldn't be worried. - We will never get free transfers off as horde, rather they will offer any horde stupid enough to leave their current server a free transfer to our hell. (or offer alliance a transfer off what must be pure bliss for them.. why would they leave?) - Unless we pay money for server changes (x10 toons.. not happening) or a faction change (yuck) our only FREE option for a chance at enjoying the content on a PVP server with a good population split is re-rolling on a different server. So either i spend more money on this game then i have already over the past 10 years or i just call it quits, I will be going with the latter unless things miraculously improve before the end of this moths sub.Sharteal124 Jun 5
Jun 5 Todays Maintenance 8 hour maintenance = server connections?Emtsif1 Jun 5
Jun 2 Tasmania discord server Hey guys I made a Tasmania Discord server for tassie players! Come join and hangout https://discord.gg/anp5GYCSupamoose3 Jun 2
May 30 Best oceanic servers I haven't played properly since Cata but keen to get back into it for BFA. As it's been awhile since I've played properly, I'm gonna level a new toon with the new level scaling to re-experience the game and so on. I'm wondering what oceanic servers (Aussie here) are good a go-to for Horde these days? Barth seems like the dominant one, but Cael/Nag and Jubei/Gund seem good as well for a more balanced ratio and less hardcore environment? I'm looking for a solid population (obviously a quiet time atm), active and fun guilds, and an overall good community that isn't ruled by elitist pr*cks. Any recommendations? Also not entirely against rolling Alliance if the community is exceptionally good.Darkzie9 May 30
May 30 Ashran Anyone know what's the go with Ashran? I remember reading somewhere that it was broken on Oceanic servers and my attempts to queue last night sorta indicated that might be the case. Can anyone get in to Ashran?Llammy12 May 30
May 30 An Oceanic 'War Mode' Shard From the Battle for Azeroth Media Day- ... I am both nervous and excited about the sweeping changes to World PvP in Battle for Azeroth. There has developed a huge polarisation between two groups in WoW- those that want a "dangerous" world, and those that enjoy the world as a more peaceful place where they can farm, fight monsters, and pursue solo activities like treasure-hunting and archaeology etc. I'm hoping that Blizzard consider the idea that we could have an Oceanic PvE shard, and an Oceanic PvP shard, the populations would likely be fairly balanced. Today I also read some people suggesting that the 'War Mode' shard would be permanently a no-flying world, going along with the 'danger' aspect that the more adventurous players desire. I think its an excellent idea. Oceania could have one of the most tight and vibrant 'War Mode' shards in the game.Creeks3 May 30
May 30 AussieBroadband and WoW Hello, I've recently moved and will be joining the nbn (FTTB). I was thinking of switching to AussieBroadband, does anyone have any experience with playing WoW using AussieBroadband?Arkose2 May 30
May 28 Bgs against US players...Do sth Blizzard I...as a melee..play with a constant 230+ ping...still the top damage in 99% random bgs...now I realise how bad these US players are...they do not deserve a 10 ms ping.Ret1 May 28
May 24 (A)<Sword Meet Horde> A new guild for SEQers We have gone live! Be apart of a guild dedicated to the Maroon state. We will be a guild focused on Mythic+, Raiding and of course, PvP. With the short months until BfA release, come be join a community for local Queenslanders. The hope, is for a close knit, involved group, who are literally only a stones throw away. Accepting all, welcoming all...the only questions you'll be asked is where in QLD you are from.... Looking for leaders, players, socialites and donors, so come join and be a founding member. CheersAzimere1 May 24
May 23 [H] OCE/SG/MY PvP guild? I see mostly [A] guilds that are recruiting in the OCE/SG/MY region. Are there any active [H] guilds for pvp? It doesn't have to be 100% focused on pvp, just as long as there are other members pvping from time to time. My current guild is dying so looking for a new home.Flamming0 May 23
May 23 South East Asia Server Now that Oceanic server is now AUS i thnk blizz needs to create atleast ONE southeast asian server for us south east asia players cause we also wanted to feel the 40ms right guys? pls !!! pls pls plsplsplsplspslpslpsls :( its really unfair tho while i pvp i fight 40ms/ and me 200 ms when it was old oceanic we fight fairly with 200ms vs 200ms now its kinda hard :(Hyszkoa10 May 23
May 23 SG/MY GMT8 Community Discord Server Calling all SG/MY GMT8 players to join the WoW SG/MY/GMT8+ Discord server: https://discord.gg/Hx9cgHU. Striving to be the hangout place for SG/MY/GMT8 Wowers, the server aims to be a community hangout for GMT8 Guild Recruitment Needs, mythic+ teams and for the rest of you Singaporeans, Malaysians and more nationalities who raid at GMT8 friendly timings!Driftshadow1 May 23
May 19 SEQ Alliance Guild...? Just putting the feelers out there... SEQ based guild... Alliance... Raiding... Pvping... Good timesing... Would you SEQers be interested in such a thing? CheersAzimere4 May 19
May 19 Oceanic high ping Hello! I am playing from Thailand and I'm experiencing high latency (400+) at the moment. No ping spikes just a stable 400+. When I first started playing WoW a few months ago I would get only 150-250. What is causing this? Please help, it feels really laggy to play right now.Quilltas11 May 19
May 18 GST registration Dear blizz, Had a check on the IRD GST registration website today and from all intents and purposes I couldn't find any companies under blizz,activision or actiblizz registered. Which means someones been a bad monkey in charging us kiwi's GST when you're not paying it. Maybe that was something your american accountants don't know about but it has to be paid to the NZ govt if you're going to charge us. Unless I've missed something.Which is highly possible. Will give you guys a few days to reply then I'll forward this to the tax department.Curruptress5 May 18
May 18 Shadow Hunter Class I've been thinking about this idea for a while and wonder if / when this class will become a reality? The Shadow Hunter is a very old class in warcraft lore for which could be incorporated into wow quite well considering they use Warglaives and we only have one other class at the moment who uses that weapon which is ' Demon hunter'. There are many theories as to why this class is not yet available: 1. Because we have the Shaman which do have some Witch Doctor / Shadow Hunter abilities such as totems, nature magic and hex. 2. We have the rogue, one who hunts in the shadows and uses poisons with deadly blades. 3. Priest due to their shadow magic with healing abilities. Even with those points considered, they still only cover the Shadow Hunter concept a little bit.. The Shadow Hunter can be a mixture of these classes. Lets say they can use Mail Armor this will make them the first Hero Class to use Mail Armor. Weapons for this class could be Warglaives, 1h Swords, 1h Axes, Daggers with and off-hand 'voodoo' shadow magic item at all times. Talent Trees: Head Hunter - Melee DPS Abilities: Spear Throw - 1.5 sec cast / Throws a spear dealing nature damage. Voodoo Strike - Instant / Strike the foe with your deadly blade dealing shadow damage over 5 secs. Petrify - Throws Loa cursed ashes at the target, interrupting the enemies spell cast and stunning them for 3 seconds. Shango's Fury - Instant / Burst into a rage of lightning resisting all damage by 80% and dealing additional Nature Damage by 60% - 30 second cooldown. Witch Doctor - Ranged DPS ( Curses - Voodoo Magic) Abilities: Touch of Bwonsamdi - Instant / Attracts vengeful souls to the target dealing shadow damage over 4.5 seconds. Dark Manipulation - 3 sec cast / Controls the target becoming the caster's bodyguard for 3 mins - The controlled target then dies. Crazed Infero - 2 sec cast / Blast the ground with dark fire poisoning all targets within 5 yards. Dealing damage until target dies. Ogoun's Blessing Instant / Become empowered with the spirit of Ogoun shrouding the caster in cursed shadow making the caster resistant to all damage by 100% and cursing all targets who come in contact with the caster dealing shadow damage over 7 seconds. 45 sec cooldown. Spirit Walker - Healing and Support = First Hero Class that can heal. Abilities: Earthern Heal - Heals 15% of the targets health every 2 seconds. Serpants Embrace - Wraps the target in a spirit serpent protecting them from all damage for 5 sec 25sec cooldown. Faith for Loa - The casters spirit separates from the body becoming a reflection of the caster dealing increased healing to the target. Lukou Rain Dance - The caster bursts into a dance and heals all target in range of 2.5 yards over 12 seconds. 1 min cooldown. One other addition to the class is that they can be the first unique class with a unique piece of armor only usable for the Shadow Hunter which is the Rush'kah mask. When leveling from what ever level the shadow hunter starts from they are given a Rush'kah mask every few levels. This mask can be upgraded when at max level and changes its stats depending on your talent tree and can unlock different appearances like an artifact weapon. Races - It's obvious that the Trolls and Zandalari Trolls can be Shadow Hunters, but also I think its worth considering that night elves, blood elves and Void Elves can become shadow hunters considering they actually used to be trolls in Warcraft and have evolved over time into elves and could still have a conncetion with the Loa. I believe Orcs could also be the shadow hunter as after the death of Vol'jin this could lead to many races gaining the opportunity to become a shadow hunter. Summary - Based on official lore Horde: Trolls, Zandalari Trolls, Blood Elves. ( Orc's maybe) Alliance: Night Elves, Void Elves. What do you all think on this idea?Wolfcry0 May 18
May 17 Group finder should allow OCE Only in BfA I think it's time we have the option to wait longer in group finder for a guaranteed Oceanic group. in PvE and especially in PvP it is extremely annoying to switch between 11 and 230-280 latency. I haven't PvPed since cata, at least it was 170 latency back then. Since we got our own servers the US ones are much worse. I would be willing to wait substantially longer queue times for Oceanic only groups.Balerion17 May 17
May 11 Massive lag yesterday/today Is anyone else having issues with lag yesterday and today? Massive lag spikes atm. Not related to my connection, just WoW.Käte43 May 11