Oceanic General Discussion

Mar 23, 2011 Oceanic General Forum Posting Guidelines This forum has been created to give players who hail from Australia and New Zealand a place to discuss issues relevant to their community. This is a valuable resource, and a unique opportunity to discuss World of Warcraft in the context of regional interests and issues. Please note that discussions pertaining to World of Warcraft are welcome, but as there is now an Oceanic specific guild recruitment forum (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011641/), guild recruitment posts, as well as any other post or thread which violates the forum code of conduct, are prohibited.Daxxarri0 Mar 23, 2011
Mar 23, 2011 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the Oceanic General Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Contact List: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#3 Community Managers: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#4 MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#5Daxxarri1 Mar 23, 2011
Apr 3 ANZ Streamers & Content Creators We’re looking for talent from the ANZ region! Are you an avid WoW streamer or video creator from Australia or New Zealand? Looking to grow your community or just raise awareness about what you do? Then this thread is the place to share your details! Post links to your channel in this thread, along with a few reasons why people should drop by to check it out. Think about including some of the following details in your post: Type of content (Streamer/Pre-recorded content) If you’re a streamer, what are your usual play times? Level of experience (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced) Preferred class/spec A bit about yourselfTakralus36 Apr 3
Feb 21 Australian Servers and FAQ We are pleased to announce that the upcoming deployment of Australian World of Warcraft game servers ahead of the games next expansion, Warlords of Draenor. This new infrastructure will support Australia and New Zealand and should provide a significant smoother gameplay experience for players in the region. Players currently on an Oceanic realm—Barthilas, Frostmourne, Thaurissan, Saurfang, Caelestrasz, Jubei'Thos, Khaz'goroth, Aman'Thul, Nagrand, Dath'Remar, Dreadmaul, and Gundrak—should automatically experience improved latency once the new game servers go live. To help those currently adventuring on North American realms, such as Blackrock and Proudmoore, optional free character and guild master realm transfers will be offered for a limited time. Q: What benefits will local game servers have for Australian and New Zealand World of Warcraft players? A: The introduction of World of Warcraft game servers hosted in Australia, which will support the Oceanic realms, should provide local Australian and New Zealand players with reduced latency, which should provide an improved gameplay experience as a result. Q: Where will the servers be physically located? A: The game servers will be hosted within an Australian data centre, ensuring Australian and New Zealand players receive the best possible latency. Q: Will I still be able to play with my friends who are on U.S. servers? A: Yes! Because the new Australian World of Warcraft game servers will continue to communicate with the existing North American hardware, players will still be able to play with friends on U.S game servers, just as they can today. They’ll still be able to use their Blizzard friends list to easily group up and chat, regardless of where they are playing. Q: Will the new game servers have any impact on my current characters? A: No! Because the local World of Warcraft game servers will replace the existing U.S.-based hardware which currently hosts the Oceanic realms, all individual characters, gold, and guilds already on an Oceanic realm will be unaffected. The introduction of Australian game servers will be completely invisible to players in the region, with the immediate benefit of providing greatly reduced latency; resulting in a smoother, more responsive gameplay experience. Q: When will local game servers be available? A: We’re aiming to have the new local World of Warcraft game servers available ahead of the release of the upcoming expansion, Warlords of Draenor, which will go on sale in Australia and New Zealand on November 13, 2014. An extended maintenance to the current Oceanic realms will be required in order to migrate player data to the new hardware. Servers will be taken offline on Tuesday October 28 with normal scheduled maintenance and we will have the new game servers online as soon as possible. Q: Will the new local game servers only be available to players who purchase World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, or will they also work for players without the expansion? A: While we’re excited for players to take on the Iron Horde and help repel the invasion of Azeroth in World of Warcraft’s next expansion, Warlords of Draenor, all players will be able to take advantage of the introduction of the new local game servers straight away. Optional character transfers will be made available for a limited time for those players who wish to play on the new Australian game servers, but who are not currently part of an Oceanic realm. Q: How will the character transfer process work? A: Once the new regional hardware comes online, players who are already on an Oceanic realm will not be required to take any action to move to an Australian server. Players who are currently on Oceanic or North American realms will be offered a two-week window to transfer their characters to one of the existing Oceanic realms. While players will be required to purchase a paid Character Transfer service for each character they wish to relocate, full refunds for each toon moved will be automatically processed and returned within 72 hours. This process will begin from 6:01PM AEDT Oct 29, 2014 and end at 6:59PM AEDT Nov 13, 2014. Players will still be able to transfer characters to Oceanic realms after this time, but associated server transfer costs will not be reimbursed. Please note that while Character Transfers and Guild Master Realm Transfers will be offered without charge, bundling additional services, such as a Faction Change to a Character Transfer or Guild Master Realm Transfer will mean the bundle is no longer eligible for refund. To ensure the cost of your Character Transfer service is returned, first move your character to an Oceanic realm and then initiate a separate faction, race or name change as desired.Watcher1204 Feb 21
Mar 7, 2017 Share Your Stories and Experiences! Do you have an interesting World of Warcraft-related real life story to share? Did you meet your partner through the game? Did WoW inspire you to head down a different career path? Did you make life-long friends on the other side of the world, or even in your own backyard? Share your stories and experiences with the community in this thread, and tell us how WoW changed your life.Takralus15 Mar 7, 2017
14h Shyness, anxiety, depression, toxic community Empty friend list, empty btag list, empty guild or no one ever online, uneasy starting conversation. There are way too many to list all the reasons why most of us play alone. Unfortunately, as most of us know, finding nice people has become a bit of an issue due to the toxic behaviour of a very small portion of the player base. Most of us just stay quiet for fear of getting kicked out by those disruptive kids, or insulted, and so on. I've started a community on Discord and hoping to find more like-minded people interested in joining us. You know, people who can speak in full sentences, people who don't need to swear every 2nd word, people who can go for hours without insulting others, people who actually like to help out, etc... In short, a nice community. No need to transfer toons, to reroll, or change anything you do. We get together on Discord to chit-chat (mostly text), or to form groups, to get help or to help out. If you are as bored of playing alone as some of us are, feel free to join us. Everyone is welcomed, regardless of faction, level, ilvl, experience, etc. Please post your btag in here and I will check the thread regularly to add you. By posting in here, others may also friend you or you can friend some and you'll gather your own list of friends. If you prefer not putting your info in here, you can contact me directly on btag or in Discord. Looking forward to meeting some of you soon. Cheers, Worgbane btag: Worgbane#1877 Discord: Worgbane#9655Worgbane55 14h
1d Come on Bliz acknowledge the lag issues How can people even push mythics when we get high latency and dc issuesLarsolana3 1d
1d Day and Night are Backwards I noticed this a long time ago and I'm sure you guys have too, but I'm just now making the complaint because I'm sick of nighttime in WoW. Daytime and nighttime in WoW are essentially the opposite of us in Australia. So when we play during the day, afternoon, and early night, it's always nighttime. I'm so over seeing nighttime constantly. The only way we get to see day is if we were to play between midnight and 6am. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume every server and realm go by one universal day/night cycle?, and that it's calibrated to mimic America? That's nice for you guys, but I would like to see day for once. Can we please get out own separate day and night cycle to suit us Oceanic players?Stabriel287 1d
1d Oceanic server latency Hey guys I'm having a problem with latency in oceanic servers, The latency hits around 1000 ms or more in oceanic servers but when I move to US servers it's completely fine. My other games are also at optimal conditions but as long as I play WOW in oceanic servers it's hell haha. My net is quite decent so I find so dumbfounding why I lag like hell in any oceanic server at all. Any kind of help would be most appreciated!Gabatox12 1d
1d Looking for twink carry runs Looking for twink carry runs on my 100 DK PST Medford (Doesn't need to be all in one go, or all levels at all)Galko0 1d
1d US/EU Battle.net Hi all, I've noticed that recently whenever I go into the battle net website and WoW Forums instead of taking me to the US site like usual it takes me to the EU site. Is anyone else in Aus experiencing this? I know it's not a big issue by far, but it's annoying that it doesn't automatically take me the the site which Oceanic players are supposed to post/view on. This has been happening on both PC and mobile for me.Tatyanar0 1d
2d Challenge Warlords: Gold - Guild Edition I am looking for a guild (and want to join) that has this achievement. Either Alliance or Horde is fine. If you can help me please leave a way for me to contact you. Cheers.Yurichan1 2d
2d Major lag issues on Oceanic Servers Getting major lag issues all across the board on any Oceanic server I log into, ranging from 500+ home ms to 15k+ world ms, home connection is not the issue, still able to stream YouTube and speedtest seems to show nothing is wrong, what gives?Sankou15 2d
2d Massive lag yesterday/today Is anyone else having issues with lag yesterday and today? Massive lag spikes atm. Not related to my connection, just WoW.Käte34 2d
3d New Unique Pet Achievements? (Oceanic) Okay. So, anyone remember the 'Pet Battles - Collect' achievement 'So. Many. Pets.'? It seems to me that I have not just gone over 700 unique battle pets in my collection, but gone over 800 unique pets (Yes, the ones that can't battle counts!) and yet I have not seen any new achievements based on this ongoing achievement chain. So hear me out on this one. Would it be great if there WAS new achievements continuing from the 600 unique pet one? For example, for 700 unique pets you would earn a Dreadwalker-looking pet with a unique ability when it reaches level 20: 'Fel Cannon'. And for 800, A murloc with a safari hat (because why the hell not? =P)Beastkillaz0 3d
4d servers poo poo on a stick atm? wtfHairycavemän1 4d
5d LF PvP buddys add my Btag Blood#1125 Hey evryone :) im horde on Jubi looking for PvP buddys plz add my tag Blood#1125 i would love to pvp some timeÀxcel0 5d
5d LF Alliance PVP'ers ...Jessíe2 5d
6d An Oceanic Rp server? I'm an RPer. I go on moonguard to RP sometimes, but every time I do RP it's night time server side because I live in Australia. Most people are in bed at 2 in the morning so I have hardly anyone to really RP with unless I stay up really late in the night. So I ask if it's possible to have an RP server for the Oceanic realms? It'd make my RP experience so much better.Theirn88 6d
6d Calling all GMT+8 Players Whatever realm you're on, we are looking to raid with you! NORMAL FARM starts this week. Mon & Thu 9PM-12MN Whether you're playing alone or with your guild (who's probably PUGing), we don't care. Add me up on Btag Sher#1254. If you're looking to join a guild, we're open to that as well www.guilded.gg/Quintessence or again just add me on Btag.Khreos0 6d
6d PvP Server Lag Seems like Blizzard has changed something with a recent update. In BG's there can be 9/10 oceanic players and 1 from U.S. and it will put us all on U.S. server. I had 4-5 games like this tonight. Blizzard please stop cucking Australians with server lag, either allow us to choose region specific queuing or have them lag at least some of the time. tyFáscíst6 6d
6d What do you set your custom lag tolerance at? And also do you change it if you are on a US server?Amkill0 6d
Apr 17 Malaysian player post ur ms and isp please post your isp and latency here for malaysian players.. thanksLimewire24 Apr 17
Apr 16 Do Aussie servers for dungeons&raids exist? I don't think I've ever seen one. Playing with 250 ping isn't fun, especially when you can die for not moving in time..Verelias7 Apr 16
Apr 16 Challenge Warlords Gold Guild Edition I am looking for a guild (and want to join) that has this achievement. "Challenge Warlords Gold Guild Edition" Either Alliance or Horde is fine. If you can help me please leave a way for me to contact you. Cheers.Yurichan0 Apr 16
Apr 16 WTS level 25 Guild Does anyone buy them these days? Last I heard going rate was 50k, even after XP bonuses were removed. I guess since they offer a lot of other things too?Spooch4 Apr 16
Apr 15 LF 2 healers Mythic AHC Will die Looking for two healers for Mythic High Command tonight at 8pm AEST (Horde). It is prog for us but it should die tonight. (Consistent >20% wipes. Would be awesome if someone could fill in as our healers are away. Message me here or on banet WebbahAUS#1543.Zárà0 Apr 15
Apr 15 Guild Looking NZ Hi all I'm a fellow WOW player who just started playing the game a year ago and have gotten my first character to max level. :D I would really like to find a guild that would accept me and guide me threw raiding as I have only done LFR and would love to do normal mode in raiding with great friends. please message me back on this page if you are cool to have someone like me in your guild. Here are the times I can play through the week all in new Zealand times thanks :) Monday: 3pm 9:30pm Wednesday: 9am 12pm Friday: 2pm till lateLurasent2 Apr 15
Apr 14 GST registration Dear blizz, Had a check on the IRD GST registration website today and from all intents and purposes I couldn't find any companies under blizz,activision or actiblizz registered. Which means someones been a bad monkey in charging us kiwi's GST when you're not paying it. Maybe that was something your american accountants don't know about but it has to be paid to the NZ govt if you're going to charge us. Unless I've missed something.Which is highly possible. Will give you guys a few days to reply then I'll forward this to the tax department.Curruptress1 Apr 14
Apr 14 LF Friends to reroll together!! Hi!! Im a returning player. Im LF friends to reroll a toon together!! Im willing to play any class!! I do have some requirements: + Playtime on weekdays 9pm to 12am (GMT+8) + Playtime on weekends (Flexible) + Discord with voice is a plus Message me here on in discord Jake#0844Ultimo0 Apr 14
Apr 12 Ashran on Oceanic realms let us in! Since the launch of legion i have not been able to get into Ashran. I have spent over 9 hours in a single a queue twice on a weekend to get in but the queue never pops. I was hoping with 7.3 something may have been done to address this issue but 2 nights ago I spent 3 hours in queue and nothing, please do something to allow players inside, some of us still want to collect the achievements and rep.Evani10 Apr 12
Apr 12 Group finder should allow OCE Only in BfA I think it's time we have the option to wait longer in group finder for a guaranteed Oceanic group. in PvE and especially in PvP it is extremely annoying to switch between 11 and 230-280 latency. I haven't PvPed since cata, at least it was 170 latency back then. Since we got our own servers the US ones are much worse. I would be willing to wait substantially longer queue times for Oceanic only groups.Balerion4 Apr 12
Apr 12 High ping in battlegrounds only When I'm not in bgs I get around 30-40 ms but If i join a bg the world ping starts to rise to about 500 and it effects my home ping, causing a 1 second delay on all my actions. I know joining a bg connects to the US server because of the crossrelm system but is there anyway around this? It's really frustrating and I love pvp.Verak21 Apr 12
Apr 11 Philippines based guild? Anybody from Phils want to start from 1-90? Have fun turbo levelling our chars? Gimme a shout, let's choose a server and rule!Celinee29 Apr 11
Apr 11 Frostmourne... yeah sucks to be horde There is no fun in 20 vs. 1 world PVP, and having 3min+ respawn timers doing world content just to finish one world quest is beyond a joke. If any other horde are in the same boat and sick to hell of the faction imbalance of this server (70/30 last check in favor of alliance, although it feels like 95/5 most the time) and are hoping for some free transfers to open up to make life happier again i have some bad news. I only post this because most times i am at a world quest i end up having a conversation with another solitary horde who is feeling the same and just over it, maybe this info will help others wondering what the deal is according to a GM. Conversation with GM > http://imgur.com/gallery/kP1Pv Key notes from this discussion - Bliz only monitor population, not faction balance - this means that even if a server was 100% one faction they wouldn't be worried. - We will never get free transfers off as horde, rather they will offer any horde stupid enough to leave their current server a free transfer to our hell. (or offer alliance a transfer off what must be pure bliss for them.. why would they leave?) - Unless we pay money for server changes (x10 toons.. not happening) or a faction change (yuck) our only FREE option for a chance at enjoying the content on a PVP server with a good population split is re-rolling on a different server. So either i spend more money on this game then i have already over the past 10 years or i just call it quits, I will be going with the latter unless things miraculously improve before the end of this moths sub.Sharteal121 Apr 11
Apr 11 Oceania RP server Now that PVP toggle is coming, can we please have an RP server in Oceania? :)Nibru31 Apr 11
Apr 9 Oceanic Server Only PvP Option With the introduction of Oceanic servers Australians and New Zealanders can finally have the opportunity to experience the game in the way it was designed, with low latency. Unfortunately the way the PvP queue is structured is that we can end up playing against players on US servers and brings our latency back to 180-250. This is a large disadvantage for Oceanic players that are finally afforded the opportunity to play melee classes competitively without having to run through your opponent to attack. I propose that all oceanic servers have the option of only queuing against other Oceanic servers so that we can truly enjoy the servers that are costing Blizzard a lot of money and that we have petitioned for since release.Treatzy176 Apr 9
Apr 8 Oceanic RP server I didn't want to necro an old thread on this - but I'm hoping that one day an oceanic RP realm is introduced. I'm an Australian myself. I love WoW, I love RP, but I need to work to make a living. As such, by the time I'm home and able to roleplay... Nobody is around. Most of the people on RP realms gear their events to 6pm PDT, which is roughly midday AEST, depending on daylight savings either side. Naturally that falls right in the middle of work for people like me. I'm not even sure if this is the place to put this... but my feedback would be either make a new server or recycle an old one and make an Oceanic RP server. Please. D:Sarestha13 Apr 8
Apr 6 An Oceanic 'War Mode' Shard From the Battle for Azeroth Media Day- ... I am both nervous and excited about the sweeping changes to World PvP in Battle for Azeroth. There has developed a huge polarisation between two groups in WoW- those that want a "dangerous" world, and those that enjoy the world as a more peaceful place where they can farm, fight monsters, and pursue solo activities like treasure-hunting and archaeology etc. I'm hoping that Blizzard consider the idea that we could have an Oceanic PvE shard, and an Oceanic PvP shard, the populations would likely be fairly balanced. Today I also read some people suggesting that the 'War Mode' shard would be permanently a no-flying world, going along with the 'danger' aspect that the more adventurous players desire. I think its an excellent idea. Oceania could have one of the most tight and vibrant 'War Mode' shards in the game.Creeks0 Apr 6
Apr 6 Battle for Azeroth Pricing $100 AUD for the digital edition plus near $20 for the month's sub for an expansion pack? Wow.Davin0 Apr 6
Apr 5 LF NEW ooking for guild pvp/pve to any realm including projects. Also kooking for friendly players to start fresh withSoftaco1 Apr 5
Apr 5 LF raiding guild Hello, I'm looking for a guild to raid with and do mythic + with. I have a 962 aff lock, a 962 Gdruid, 942 brewmaster and 938 Blood DK. Ideally I would like to tank on my Blood dk, however I do not mind playing on my lock The ideal guild will raid 2-3 nights a week. I can raid till 11pm Sever time. there is no preference on raid days any days work for me. if you would like to chat add my Battlenet id: avasian#1493Niyru1 Apr 5
Apr 5 Best AUS server for horde? So i just came back after a long break and i just saw this news about having dedicated aus server I hop back in the US SERVERS and check out my latency. Sadly it is the same however when i create a new character on AUS SERVER and my latency reduced by 150ms. That is impressive!!! I decided to transfer my main first and slowly in the future. But i do not know which AUS server is the best for horde PVE if possible. I am tired of getting gank in PvP servers while leveling edit : actually do recommend pvp servers as well for considerationSnappah7 Apr 5
Apr 5 Oceanic PvP Lag Since the recent reset I have been experiencing constant disconnections and a lot higher than normal ms in arena vs US players, I usually get 150-200ms vsing them which is playable but !@#$, but I have been getting 400+ ms over the past 2 days, it is unplayable. How can I counter something if I get cc'd before I can even see it. And it isn't just me experiencing it, I asked a lot of PvP players on my bnet and a lot of them are getting abnormally large lag/disconnections in arena too. Please fix. Thank You.Noremaç1 Apr 5
Apr 5 LF Female Dwarf Hey, I’m trying to do the Noblegarden achievements and all I’ve got left to do is use spring flowers upon females of at least the 18th level and I’ve done all except dwarfs, could someone help me with that? Thank you in advance!Elsanezorf0 Apr 5
Apr 4 Any other aussies lagging horribly? I pkay on Barth and i have unplayable lag atm. Troubleshooted everything spoke to my isp and they say nothings wrong. I have a 3 month old top notch rig as well. I am on an ADSL2 connection so maybe its that... Anyone else unable to play due to the crippling high home/world ms?Icehammer24 Apr 4
Apr 4 XREALM MYTHIC RAID TEAM Hey boys BUNNINGS SNAG WITH DAD here Hosting a XREALM mythic raid team When? WED + THURS - 8-11pm SVT Starting the 4th of April Requirements: #965 + ilvl # AOTC # Gemmed and chanted # Make use of consumables # Have discord - mic not required unless you are a tank # Show up 10 mins before raid # Must be able to stay the full 3 hours # Have a positive attitude - no ego maniacs this aint rank 1 raiding boys! Sign up via our discord : https://discord.gg/RhtvG7J State your ilvl / role / realm - add your btag if you want, or i will msg you on discord. Let us know if you can make both days or just 1 All roles needed. Loot will be PERSONAL - what you don't need you trade to me to hand out. I will be giving to guildies first. As it will be rare that someone doesn't need their mythic loot - this shouldn't be a problemo. The stronger our core guys get, the better these pugs will be! Cheers - Stranger#6450 on bnet to chat Lets enjoy the rest of legion and see how far we can getPunjabi2 Apr 4
Apr 4 Wtb rogue heroic tier 20 Wtb rogue heroic tier 20 would need be ice times from 6.30 aest.Kurgzie1 Apr 4
Apr 4 I love you guys. Honestly I’ve ran into some of the most nicest people from oceanic! My best friend is also from over there :D just saying thanks for being great people with in this community, love teaming up with you guys for mythic plus! And I really hope CMs come around and push your guys posts up the chain! I remember when those were made, surprised they never done anything yet.Ughash1 Apr 4
Mar 30 2 Experienced/Competitive Mythic Raiders .Gorilla0 Mar 30