Oceanic General Discussion

Mar 1, 2015 Converting to the dark side. Would any horde be willing to play with me and help me level and could any guilds take me in? my bnet is Zackslay3r#1191 Thanks. :)Zackslayer2 Mar 1, 2015
Mar 1, 2015 Cross country invite for venders? Is that possible? Add my battle tag Jpan#1849 and let us give it a try!Jpan0 Mar 1, 2015
Feb 28, 2015 Can anyone actually login yet? titleMyrdhin0 Feb 28, 2015
Feb 28, 2015 Nagrand server problems 28/02/2015 3:03 pm I was on a flight path from garrison - shattra city while i had a random heroic dungeon que on, when the que nothing loaded and i was greeted with the error message: "Transfer aborted: instance not found", i then found my self stuck unable to move above shattera harbor. Plese help sry for any spelling errorsTandraeda2 Feb 28, 2015
Feb 28, 2015 Khaz'goroth-Dath'Remar just blew up? Anyone else unable to login to Khaz'goroth or Dath'Remar servers? Have tried toons in all continents or zones except Outland - 90% load - "Character Not Found" Have tried on 2 different comps, one with 32 bit client, one with 64 bit client. Have tried 2 different internet connections. Have restarted. Have scratched head in bewilderment. Have even walked away in disgust. Nothing seems to work. Will somebody please confirm if Skynet has taken over or if i have woken up inside the matrix or if this is just my lot in life? :(Shaolynne1 Feb 28, 2015
Feb 28, 2015 Looking for a new home! Hello all, My name is Zackary and I have been playing WoW for about 2 years now and while I am not a great player by any means, I would love to find a guild that I could play with on a daily basis and have a lot of fun with. I'd love to learn PvP and I am a friendly person who's very easy going. I am currently on Frostmourne, so If anyone is interested, please let me know! I can be horde on any server. but I would need help with leveling if that would be possible! Thanks for any considerations! Zack.Zackslayer1 Feb 28, 2015
Feb 27, 2015 Upgreading my gear Hey all im stuck one 607 item lvl and wanted to know what people think is the best you to get better gear so i can get into heroics and LFR for a start CheersVanyali0 Feb 27, 2015
Feb 27, 2015 [A] (Frostmourne) <Final Form> LFM Final Form 7/7H 9/10N 5/10H is currently looking for a few more DPS to round off our 20 man Roster. We are an easy going group and fairly laid back but still expect people to perform their roles and maintain their numbers. We Raid Wed/Thu/Mon 8-30 - 12 SVT with plenty of alt runs over the weekend, including PVP and legacy content. Teamspeak is our choice of communications and we have a website under construction with a few default pages @ www.finalform.net If you have any other questions hit me up in game (Cith#1829) or ask for one of our Officers. Hope to hear from you soon!Cith0 Feb 27, 2015
Feb 27, 2015 Guild credit for guild runs. My guild on Dath'Remar doesn't get credit or gold for guild dungeon runs.This problem appeared to be fixed for one week but now it's broken again. As GM of this guild I am getting a little tired of propping up bank reserves with my personal reserves. Is this happening to other guilds as well or just us? Yes,I could just shut guild repairs down but why should players pay for Blizz's small error?Mouldybread4 Feb 27, 2015
Feb 26, 2015 Raw Mat Trader/recipes i have access to Leather trader today, im looking for either Herb or Ore mat trader.Nicorobin4 Feb 26, 2015
Feb 26, 2015 Best server So i've just gotten back into wow after a 2yr break. I've tried a couple of the aussie servers and they all seem to be pretty dead in terms of population. I'm interested in going to a US server, however, I have a couple of questions. 1. Which is a good us server that has a lot of aussies on it? and 2. i have read a lot of people get lagged on a us server. Does this happen often? Is it worth changing from the aussie server?Amaryth1 Feb 26, 2015
Feb 26, 2015 Oceanic battlegrounds We have just got new oceanic servers and I see the majority of players in the battleground are oceanic, why are we still being put on US servers. Personally id rather wait 10-20 min for a bg and have a playable game rather than 250ms lag fest. Extremely thankful for the servers nonethelessTinysap16 Feb 26, 2015
Feb 26, 2015 [H] WizardsIRL 6/7M LFM Wizards IRL Based on Jubei'Thos-OC is 6/7M currently working on Mythic Imp and looking to find a Tank before BRF! Interested in Pally and Warrior Tank. (Others will be considered but those are preferred.) Raid nights are: Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 7:00pm to 10:30pm. You can contact: atrox#6522 Also LF Rdps and Disc priest. ty.Vanorstus1 Feb 26, 2015
Feb 26, 2015 BattleNet giving issues again I can log in to BattleNet through the website to post on the forums I can log in to WoW from the games launch screen But I can't log in to the BattleNet desktop client, it keeps telling me that it can't find a server to log on to.Ratava4 Feb 26, 2015
Feb 26, 2015 Twitter i can't figure it out help ive looked on the social tab under interface and no twitter is it not out yet or is there a quest you have to do im lostMulletsgalor1 Feb 26, 2015
Feb 25, 2015 World server down - Frostmourne Playing on my mage. World server went down in Cataclysm.Frantíc1 Feb 25, 2015
Feb 25, 2015 Missing Guild Herald/Page - You got yours? So, I may be a little slow but I only went to get the little blighter out last night to find he was missing. Turns out, they didn't make it with the Oceanic server relocations. This is the only bug report I could find: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15007311545 Needless to say, seeing as they are still missing in February even after the bug report was lodged in October, it's not a high priority. If you're missing yours, on any toon, please lodge a ticket and request for them all to be replaced. I received all of mine without delay last night. This really needs to be server-wide application but until then, this is the process.Luminarii7 Feb 25, 2015
Feb 24, 2015 i just got back to wow where is the expbar I cant seeoneDrbeckett3 Feb 24, 2015
Feb 24, 2015 Full Load Screen Bug When going from an Oceanic server to a US arena server 10% of the time I get full load screen and then DC. This doesn't just happen to me, yet blizzard hasn't even acknowledged the issue so you just know it's not getting fixed. I would like free transfer for all of my oceanic toons to US servers please. xoxoTrip1 Feb 24, 2015
Feb 23, 2015 Australian's (Trying) to RBG. Anyone else get the issue where they run a full oceanic team, go against a US team then their entire team's latency jumps to 1500+, Blizzard have kinda killed RBG's this season for Australians.Diploh2 Feb 23, 2015
Feb 23, 2015 downloading pre patch Hi . our latency is high all week since Tuesday with the back ground download .question how big is this download ?. 20gb? . And yes latency is high but i'm putting the 1140ms up from 50ms this lovely Sunday down to the fact that we are still downloading patch 6.1 in the back ground . So how big is this patch ?Renjudan4 Feb 23, 2015
Feb 22, 2015 Frostmourne Server Health Critical Need fail over servers. Frostmourne is struggling or offer free transfers to a low populated oceanic server.Nzv2 Feb 22, 2015
Feb 22, 2015 The community deserves an apology. I know this'll be downvoted into oblivion, but I don't care. If I speak for even one person more than myself, it'll be worth it. Blizzard, you owe your entire community an apology. I don’t expect we’ll see it due to a general lack of self-awareness on your part, but allow me to help you understand why this is just a little better. Yes, this entire post has been catalysed by us finding out that patch 6.1, “the patch with no name”, will not actually have any substantial content in it at all, with the Iron Docks (daily?) quest hub having been removed from it. But for the sake of being systematic, let’s take a quick look at just how Warlords of Draenor has gone so far. It all started with a promise. A promise of us returning to the “fun” of older times, with a brand new world to explore, heavily set in the franchise roots, and with the lessons of prior expansions learned. A promise that this was going to get back to “real” Warcraft, the Warcraft we all fell in love with those many years ago. Of course, we’ll hear the words that nobody promised anything; but the erudite know that a promise is merely a statement of intent upon which expectation can be built. You don’t have to actually say: I promise… So there we were, watching the information drop at BlizzCon ’13, and many of us were a bit sceptical about the lack of content seemingly going into the expansion. The only new feature was garrisons, but that was going to be awesome so maybe it’d fly. We hoped it could finally be the casual progression outside of raids that dungeons used to be circa The Burning Crusade, and we were promised all manner of amazing customization with them. You could choose where they went, you could choose which buildings you wanted, you could even name your followers! Mr. Hazzikostas then discussed how you guys had heard the clamour for more dungeons, and that you’d “try and do some more of that”. Awesome! More dungeons is always good! Gearing was getting a revamp, largely to make sure it had a longer tail, and dungeon design itself was going to be more challenging than we’d seen in MoP. This savage, brutal world of Draenor was going to be great! We’d have loads of reasons to explore it, and that’s only if we wanted to leave the amazing capital cities of Frostfire and Karabor. Man, was I excited to see those! We heard tell of Farahlon, a new PvP system, Ashran, to bring back memories of old Alterac, and the item squash and ability prune that was long overdue and had to happen. We also cheered as you announced the end of dailies (hooray!) and the removal of reforging (hooray!), just to get rid of some more busywork that everyone, you told us, hated. But then of course, reality started to bite. Garrisons, the super new cool feature, became… Anaemic. Taken away was the chance to put them where you wanted, for no appreciable reason. Taken away was the chance to name your own followers, with no reason ever given. Taken away was plot availability, tying you down to buildings that are either too useful, or not useful at all. What we actually got launched didn’t work for almost a fortnight, with content that was consumed in almost as little time. Speaking of not working at launch, what on EARTH went on with the launch of this expansion? You had ten years and four expansions worth of experience to draw on, and still managed to launch the game in as haphazardly a manner as to be expected from a brand new studio. It was an embarrassment. So, dungeons. Easy, non-repeatable, and churned through in less than a fortnight by anyone who bothered to do so. Wow. They almost exactly resembled what happened in Mists, there was just less of them and no sign of any more coming down the pipeline as was promised. Why not? Is there any reason for just abandoning the major source of small-group PvE content in the game? This dungeon shortage was, of course, exasperated by the 10 level requirement for the new cap, and a lack of dungeons for players to level in. Gearing, well, gearing. Removing reforging, then putting in secondary stat attunements dependent on spec, struck me as a fundamentally bizarre idea. Tell players what stats they want, give them gear that doesn’t have it, and don’t give them a way to do anything about it. Genius. While you were at it, you thought it was an incandescently good idea to take away more gear enchantment slots, with there now only being four available enchantments, and made gem slots a thing of the past. Tertiary stats sounded interesting, until they were tuned to be completely unnoticeable unless stacking them to a nigh-impossible degree. To top it all off, gear is now more disposable than it’s ever been thanks to easy heroic dungeons, and a four-setting gear treadmill for players to get through. Honestly, what a calamity. So, the savage world. We heard that word a lot. Except, the savage world saw players rounding up endless packs of mobs, melting them, and being treated to “random upgrade” quest rewards that wRazeege2 Feb 22, 2015
Feb 21, 2015 Teamspeak 3 For All To Use Hello. Ventrilo is old, and should be gracefully phased out (i.e 3 years ago). The bigger problem is, I still see Australian guilds use VOIP servers in another country. While it may not matter that much for general chatting. In PvP and PvE those extra milliseconds could really be something major. So, seeing as I have a spare server, I figured I'd give the Oceanic community something. For free. It's an Australian TS3 server. It's got 512 slots. So I somehow doubt it'll be full. But more can be added if needed. Details: Teamspeak 3. IP: 163.47.20.83 Port: 9987 So when connecting it should look like this: Server Address: 163.47.20.83:9983 Use any name. Privilege key for normal server group: 0op0J43Qj9fATduEFfdwAVAqi8BrxRNB9Ip1FpKQ This will allow you to create Temporary channels. Any suggestions for channels, please post here or see TS3 information on the server. Guilds, feel free to poke me for a channel, password can be applied. I'll also be happy to make anyone channel admin of their guilds channels. I've made a few channels already, but I'll need guidance for any more. No catches, anything. Note: I did a bit of a script, to check TS3 every 5 seconds and start it if it is down. Not 100% sure if it works. But if you notice it is down, and not back up within 5 seconds, I'll do a bit more script-monkey things and see if that works. But since starting TS3 after installing it. It hasn't been down (yet). Script used: $ cat every-5-seconds.sh #!/bin/bash while true do /home/ts3user/teamspeak3-server/ts3_auto_restart.sh sleep 5 done And following: cd /home/ts3user/teamspeak3-server/ if [ -e ts3server.pid ] then if ( !(kill -0 $(cat ts3server.pid) 2> /dev/null) ) then # Start command sh /home/ts3user/teamspeak3-server/ts3server_startscript.sh restart fi else # Start command sh /home/ts3user/teamspeak3-server/ts3server_startscript.sh restart fiGerâlt8 Feb 21, 2015
Feb 20, 2015 Borked Oceanic servers (again) So Nagrand and Cael are both broken again. No indication of acknowledgement of the issue or ETA for fixes from Blizzard yet :(Rockstãr14 Feb 20, 2015
Feb 20, 2015 loading screen bug. literally over this !@#$ing bug. fix it ? every time i queue arena there's at least 2-3 games where i get stuck on loading screen and then dc'd. How is this not fixed yet?Tylerx3 Feb 20, 2015
Feb 20, 2015 Ah well can't log in :( Whats a good movie? Whats a good movie to watch seeing as we can't log in :(Toofless22 Feb 20, 2015
Feb 19, 2015 Stuck at 100% loading screen in arenas constantly getting stuck at 100% loading screen in 3v3 and then dc. In 5v5 it doesnt load and i get transfer aborted. This also happens to my other oceanic friends. but then sometimes when we play together some of us load and some dont... Gm's dont help. Any known fixes?Gaylordx7 Feb 19, 2015
Feb 19, 2015 100% loading screen fixxed! My recent post on the 100% loading screen for Oceanic players is because if you play with a american player on a USA server you experience the crash! so if you wanna do 2s...3s or 5s make sure they are all on Oceanic realm!Gaylordx1 Feb 19, 2015
Feb 18, 2015 Frostmourne broken It seems that Frostmourne, and a few other realms are stuck at either "Retrieving Character list" or at a 90% loading screen when trying to log on. Everything was working fine for me about an hour or so ago, but now I can't log in. Any ideas?Jynxqt13 Feb 18, 2015
Feb 18, 2015 I can't login to any of my toons (Dath'Remar) Hi, First, it's stuck at character list screen. (Stuck at "Receiving Character List") I renamed "WTF" and "Interface" folders, then it can successfully load my characters but the first character (druid) is disappeared and I cannot login any of my toons. Is something going on at blizzard side or my account got hacked? Thanks.Druidkingz10 Feb 18, 2015
Feb 18, 2015 Cant log in =/ Cant log in to Caelestrasz......i've been trying for the past half hour and it wont go past the loading screen =/Moccona5 Feb 18, 2015
Feb 18, 2015 Frostmourne - Retrieving Character List Can someone please kick the server - sick of not being able to progress past this screen..... Strangely Barthilas seems to work fine.....Alphaomegaa1 Feb 18, 2015
Feb 16, 2015 Ilv660 Moonkin/DPS Warrior LF Malaysia Guild Currently with 2 character a Moonkin and a Dps Warrior looking for a guild that raid in GMT+8 time zone (Malaysia time zone) around 8pm to 12pm can go late if needed. I may not be the best kind of players but i do know the class i play and will read up fight before progression. Experience: 6/7H Highmul and 2/10H BRF.Eclipxion1 Feb 16, 2015
Feb 16, 2015 Pingzapper Crashing lately Hi, I've been using pingzapper to bring down my ping for months now, recently the client keeps crashing everytime I open it. Is it happening to anyone as well? I've already sent a ticket but they still have not replied back yet.Scarfist3 Feb 16, 2015
Feb 15, 2015 caelestrasz down anyone else having problem i can't get past retrieving character listToprogue9 Feb 15, 2015
Feb 15, 2015 Begin New Lowbie Leveling *Tabula Rasa* We are looking for like-minded players to give WoW a fresh start in our own way. A group of us will be re-rolling fresh lowbie characters for the sake of the leveling together through all old-world content, that is, doing each dungeon, raid, and world event together up until current content. We also intend to make a guild that collaborates on all professions, quests, dungeons, and teams together for mostly everything. We will have a progressive leveling method and implement news ways to make our group have a unique experience. We are also asking no new characters have any 1) Money 2) Heirlooms 3) Gear whatsoever. It's all from scratch. We will even go through old school raids from other expansions at *that* level such as Icecrown Citadel at level 80 *stop* at 80. and for 85, etc. We have already started and most of us are below level 10 still, but ready to add you to our guild grouping. Contact an <Avatars> Member on Lightbringer (PVE) Alliance faction or add me on BNET Autumdescent#1411 Looking forward to having you !Chriphia2 Feb 15, 2015
Feb 13, 2015 New to WoW So I am pretty much new to the game, and none of my friends (even Americans) play, so I don't have anyone to turn to for advice. or even people just to chat to. So I am throwing my name out there. I know guilds are full of hardcore players that wont look twice at a newb, so I am not going to actively look for a guild. I just want patient people I can chat to, that's all.Groscar7 Feb 13, 2015
Feb 13, 2015 OCE Connecting to Arena 100% Loading Screen Hi, not really sure if Blizzard knows about this but it really sucks and only happens to people on oce realms. Pretty much get stuck in a loading screen forever, if you reopen the client and log in you get "Character with that name already exists." until the match is over and you also get a 1 minute debuff. Just raising some attention about this issue, may have already been posted so sorry if it has!Verny0 Feb 13, 2015
Feb 13, 2015 Frostmourne ninja guild Guild<hyper>, so i was in this Heroic HM raid, after we killed Tectus the Str trinket dropped, and i won the roll for it, then i got removed from raid straight away, the raid leader put me on ignore after that, raid leader was a human female warrior named <Lynn>( with a strange y got a dot on top). there were also few more players from that guild too in the raid but no one said a word. so just hope ppl know, don't things like this wont happened in the future. it really ruins the fun of this game.Funnylol4 Feb 13, 2015
Feb 13, 2015 Arena Servers Blizzard, there needs to be a feature to allow us to only fight vs oceanic players in arena games. Some games being at 25ms (fantastic) and others being at around 300 is silly. Seriously why did they even bother adding oceanic servers if for all relevant content they would stick us on US servers? As for the Americans complaining when they had to play at 200-300ms for a month when it was randomly assigned to US or oceanic servers, I don't blame them, playing at these kinds of ping as any class in pvp (especially melee) is terrible. Do everyone a favour Blizz and stick oceanic players on oceanic servers.Xatio3 Feb 13, 2015
Feb 12, 2015 Anyone can recommend good proxy for PVP? Hi Guys, Given the high latency we are getting in BGs & Arena vs US servers seriously considering going back to using a tunnel to see if I can improve on 250ms + latency which is kinda unbearable when vs US at low latency. Is anyone using one and getting good results? if so can you provide link etc? Cheers!Mingiin0 Feb 12, 2015
Feb 12, 2015 US Servers 100% vs US teams in arena So US players had to play on oceanic latency (what we have been experiencing for 10 years) for a month and went ballistic. Blizzard then changed the arena system so US always has a US server, and AUS will always vs US on a US server. Any comment on this? Will AUS players forever be at a disadvantage, so large that an uproar was caused when Americans had to occasionally experience AUS servers for one month?Messiahx27 Feb 12, 2015
Feb 12, 2015 us severs for arenas WTF why are we being put on us severs and getting worse lag than we did when were on us severs in arenas its not fair why can't we have an option to play on our severs or why don't they come 2 us 50% of the time??? come on blizz do something right for onceBethh13 Feb 12, 2015
Feb 11, 2015 GoodBye Blizz Well the time has come when I can no longer dream of vanilla and TBC. Wow as epic as it is has lost its way - an out of control behemoth that now relies on addiction over epic content. The straw? Lots of things, but i can can't log on for the sake of logging on anymore. This game will never have an equal in my eyes and since 2005 i have played. laughed, raged, smiled and shook my head in disappointment (Yes, standing next to a mounted NPC to make him win a race in Ashran /sigh). Blizzard you are obviously out of steam and well its been a while. However I implore you to create vanilla and TBC capped servers, I'll pay $30 a month, $40 whatever. Please let the ridiculousness end and give us back the pure godlike epicness of your best four years. Thank you for the game. Bws.Bws5 Feb 11, 2015
Feb 10, 2015 100% Bots in BGS from 85-90. I'm putting this in general discussion because this affects all of us. I've played in BGs the past two days, on the horde team there are at least 90% + bots in the whole team if not all of them. Here is a screenie of them just chilling out at Mines: http://imgur.com/WfStn I dont particularly see this as a problem because I see this as free xp and wins while they sit at one node. The main problem here is that people just CANNOT BE F(8(*&@# lvling. Blizzard either should reduce the amount of experience per level or make it fun in some different way. I'm not entirely sure if it will be beneficial for them to ban every single person out there who bots, which I believe the numbers will be reaching past thousands.Kylaar24 Feb 10, 2015
Feb 10, 2015 I would rather... Sit in an hour long queue for anything than join a US instance server with 1000+ms with spikes every 5 - 10 seconds. OCE only option please blizz.Nodru0 Feb 10, 2015
Feb 9, 2015 LFG "They really love me!" achievement Hi all I want to get this achievement done as part of Love is in the Air. Sadly, as is all too common in matters of love, the hardest part is finding willing participants. In this case, it takes even more than two to tango (about 8 according to wowhead). If anyone else is willing/interested to help complete this you need 40 love tokens to purchase the manufactured love prism. Once you've got that, we get together and shoot each other with our love rays, and get rewarded with an achievement and a toy. Please let me know if you're interested at Azazel#1894 (I'm sure I've made it sound very compelling), and we can find a mutually suitable, and appropriately romantic, time and place. Thank you.Azazel1 Feb 9, 2015
Feb 9, 2015 FIX AUSSIES PING ON US RELMS! (screenshot) so i cant bg at all on my toons at today due to the connection to US realms from Australia some days its fine other day is total bull. has been on going since they added the Australian servers. i would be happy to go back to US relms on a stable 180 ms than have this crap. also dont give me its my isp cause i have called them and they have come out. It has to do with blizzards routing to the US servers from Australia. screenshot : http://imgur.com/qVLJXUX i would also like to mention i can not play that toon untill that bg has finished. cause all i do is dc when i logg on.Spazzrogue2 Feb 9, 2015
Feb 8, 2015 No restore feature Oceanic realms why has this not been fixed yet!!Orgway0 Feb 8, 2015