Oceanic General Discussion

Nov 3 Archeology Hi. I'm having difficulty in understanding the role/use of an Archaeology artefact called "Mark of the Deceiver". It's description is as follows: "Keystone that can complete Demonic archaeology artefacts with missing fragments". I've tried to "use" it to no avail; searched the internet and Blizzard Forums and have been unable to discern its' use. The answer is most probably as plain as the pimple on the end of my nose (why oh why do they always grow into a gross size just before an important night out......aarrgghhh!!); anyway, if there is someone somewhere in cyber land who can help me with this most puzzling dilemma, please reply to this thread. Thank you and goodnight!Feralfighter2 Nov 3
Nov 3 Change Realm from PVP to PVE. Nagrand? Hi, Want off Dreadmaul asap. Can't even do world quests now. ( playing holy priest makes it even more difficult). Something has changed in the last few days that has sent horde bonkers. Landing at a FP means insta death now for some reason. More horde servers cross joined? I dunno. What PVE server do you recommend ( Oceanic obviously ) and why? I've heard the population of Nagrand is pretty good.Stoneaid4 Nov 3
Nov 3 CRZ WQ server/realm issues Anyone else finding since 7.1 they'r receiving a lot of "Transfer aborted: instance not found" errors when trying to join US realm groups? I've noticed it happens a lot to me with with World Quest groups, able to join after exciting WoW & BNet client completely a few times, but then I often get stuck on the US realm (relogging, rezoning, and exiting BNet don't resolve for me, it just eventually switches to Oceanic - anywhere between 2min to ~2hrs.) Not sure if this is how it's supposed to work, having 300ms+ for hours because of a 'feature' seems a bit strange.Larcen0 Nov 3
Nov 2 Can we give Nomi a title? I must request that Nomi be titled "The burner of food", cause this fat bastard of a panda has ruined more food then vegetarians. I thought he was supposed to be a chef, or did he take cooking lessons from my Grandpa who thought there was only 2 spices, salt and pepper. At this rate I can only assume that the recipe for lean steak must require burnt food as an ingredient. Anyway can you either give him the title, or just make him increasingly fatter every time you give him food.Neurosurgeon14 Nov 2
Nov 2 Project 70 alliance frostmourne. Basically as title states a few friends and i are starting a project 70 guild looking for members to form and run according to the reddit post project 60/70 seeing if there'd be any interest rules as follow... PS I have altered the rules to be correct to TBC in my opinion. General rules. •No Heirlooms. (This includes the heirloom mount. - If you have equipped a heirloom for as much as a second it will show up in the statistics. We'll kick you for that.) •No mounts until level 40. (60% speed at 40, 100% speed at 60.) •No flying mounts. bar outlands. (For the hundreds asking, yes you can use flightpaths.) •No dual spec. (You can re-spec at the trainer normaly, however.) •No Pandaren, Worgen •No Monks, Death Knights •Only race/class combinations that were avalible then. (No Human Hunter, Night Elf Mage, etc.) http://i.imgur.com/L3hhzGS.png - List of avalible classes for each race. •No transmogging. •No pet battles. •No toys. •Classes and specs are different now than before, so things like Titan's Grip for warriors is fine, but you should ideally want to play with one-handed weapons, for example. •Bloodlust pets, aka Core Hounds for hunters arn't allowed to be used. •No mounts with vendors on them, passanger mounts or water walking mounts. (No mounts that give an advantage over regular mounts.) •You can not visit any zone outside those that existed within the expansion setting we're playing at. •No pvp gear, it's far too easily obtained. •No City tabards, only tabard allowed to be worn is the normal guild tabard and the Scarlet tabard. Dungeons and leveling. •You may only group, do dungeons and quest with other guild members and/or people who part-take in the project, say should someone wait for a spot in the guild when it's full. (However this does not apply for raids, to join a raid you have to be in the guild.) •No Dungeon Finder/LFG tool. •No Summoning Stones/Meeting Stone use, you and everyone in the group have to run to the dungeon. (This includes Warlock summoning.) •No use of anything that increases experience gain. (Anniversary gift, Darkmoon Faire Buffs, etc.) •No Mass Ressing. •No leveling trough Battlegrounds. Professions and trading. •You may only level a profession to the maximum allowed at that expansion. (375 at TBC,.) •Profession items are all fine to be used, as long as they hail within the expansion we're currently playing at. •Trading may only be done within the guild, with other members. •No reagent bank. Respect the rules and the people who follow them. Breaking them will most likely lead to a kick from the guild. Add my Btag if you are interested! Worthyofgod#1187Inflamezz3 Nov 2
Nov 2 Random terrible world latency, anyone? Have done speed tests and my home latency is stable, but world latency random shoots up over 400 with annoying frequency before settling 5-20 minutes later. Is this just me?Jyru12 Nov 2
Nov 1 Character Transfer US to OC I'm planning to transfer my 5 alts from US to OC 3 Ally in Frostmourne and 2 Horde in Barthilas. I want to know if the queue in dungeons,pvp and raid is good and does this two realms are active everyday and night? I want to know it so if its worth to buy character transfer or not.Saphiex2 Nov 1
Nov 1 hey please give constructive criticism, my friends very first RP machinima. thank you for your time and have a great day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIQl71CAEvkShibadin1 Nov 1
Oct 30 Looking for a mythic + group I'm really tired of those random trolls ruining keys without any punishment. so here i am, looking for a constant mythic + group, at least a +10 every week.Baetchjolin0 Oct 30
Oct 29 Companion App crashing (since 7.1) Companion App crashing when trying to load character. (since 7.1) Is anyone getting this issue? It was working, then when i switched to a different character, the app just drops. Now when trying to open he app, it crashes when loading into the character. REALLY annoying, i rely on this app a lot. Interested if anyone else getting the same issues and if you know how to fix it! CheersPunkey2 Oct 29
Oct 28 WoW study! Participate in a player's research Western Michigan University Department of Sociology Principal Investigator: Whitney DeCamp Student Investigator: Ryan Castillo Title of Study: Timelines and Trade Chat: Comparing Contextual Self-Disclosure and Perceived Social Capital on Facebook and World of Warcraft You have been invited to participate in a research project. This consent form will discuss the purpose of this study and will explain the necessary time commitment, the procedures employed in the study, and the risks and benefits of participating in this research. Please read this entire document carefully and feel free to contact the principal investigator if you need more clarification or have any questions, comments or concerns. We would like to invite you to participate in a study on the uses of various online mediums, such as online games, and how these platforms allow users to share different types of information and form relationships online. The results of this research may help us to better understand how popular forms of online communication influence users’ ability to both maintain existing relationships and forge new connections with other members of their online networks. We have decided to ask World of Warcraft (WoW) players to participate in this study due to the game’s large player-base and the many online WoW communities that provide opportunities for recruitment. Participation in this study will require completion of an online survey regarding both your use of World of Warcraft and general online involvement. This survey should take no more than 15 minutes of your time. You must be at least 18 years old to participate in this study. Your participation is completely voluntary and you are free to stop participating at any time. Your responses will be anonymous, your name or any other identifying information will not be requested, and your IP address will not be tracked. Data used to analyze responses for any future reports will not include any identifying information that could trace your responses back to you. No one will learn of your personal responses. You may choose to withdraw from the study at any time and for any reason. While your participation is greatly appreciated, you will not suffer any consequences if you decide to stop participating. If you have any questions prior to or during the study, you may contact the primary investigator, Ryan Castillo at (442) 242-3302 or at ryan.p.castillo@wmich.edu. You may also contact the Chair of the Human Subjects Institutional Review Board at (269) 387-8293 or the Vice President for Research at (269) 387-8298 if any questions or problems arise during the course of the study. This consent has been approved by the Western Michigan University Human Subjects Institutional Review Board (HSIRB) on September 1, 2016. Do not participate after September 1, 2017. Participating in this survey online indicates your consent for use of the answers you supply. I have read this informed consent document. The risks and benefits have been explained to me. I am above the age of 18 and agree to take part in this study. If you agree with these statements, please follow the link below to begin the survey: https://wmichcas.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_dhiNzLAgwceX1B3Incubus1 Oct 28
Oct 27 Connect Saurfang realm Any chance Saurfang realm can be connected to Dath / Khaz ??Orkh2 Oct 27
Oct 26 Need New Battle Grounds Serious we need new Battle GroundKtm3 Oct 26
Oct 26 When are servers back on Any idea when servers are back on?Diidy0 Oct 26
Oct 26 Emerald Nightmare raid Looking for 3 healers and someone to lead us through the raid. Will be using discord. Starting 7pm server timeTackler0 Oct 26
Oct 26 Oceanic dead servers most oceanic servers feel dead now except for Frostmourne (Alliance), dear Bliz, can we have more merges like Gundrak Jubei'thos?? while LFG and battle.net friends has been amazing, I simply can't invite people to my guild for social purposes beyond the occasional Dungeon/Raid eventsYokuni8 Oct 26
Oct 25 LF PLAYERS INTERESTED TO REROLL Hi! I'm looking for players active around 8pm (+8GMT) interested to reroll a new toon and level together. Plan is to get 5 players including myself covering tank, DPS and healer rolls and start leveling 1 to 15. We will then spam random dungeons together!! Reply me here if you are interested or looking for more info!!Huntter7 Oct 25
Oct 25 Shaman 3rd Relic I've done the 30wq's part of my quests and the other quest that accompanied it around the same time you receive it and now my artifact quest has just stopped. Am I missing something?Ziyizhang0 Oct 25
Oct 25 Ret Pallys I just love how dumb everyone is. Ret Pallys currently hold the #2 spot for dps if i'm not misinformed and yet people still refuse to invite them for lfg mythics. 1: they'll most likely pull top dps in group 2: they'll help healer keep everyone alive (good rets anyways) 3: survivability Unfortunatly you can't fix stupid, so rets will be left behind yet again. Thanks Blizzard for screwing pallys over in WoD and giving them a bad name for LegionMadmurdock1 Oct 25
Oct 24 Ally/Horde Ratio? Hi Blizz, I know I'm going to get pummeled by players here, but whatever, and this has probably been covered already, but I haven't seen it, so whatever. What's up with the Alliance/Horde ratio on Oceanic servers? As in, every day, every contested area, it's at least 15:1 in favour of Horde? I can't do dailies, worlds, zone into portals, go to flight paths, gather, or just play in general without dying maybe twenty times per hour. I played yesterday on a six hour bender doing nothing but worlds and without a word of a lie, I didn't see a single other Ally player. Not once. I saw probably hundreds of Horde though. And I know what people are going to say... Gear up. Get better. Play better. Go to PvE. Group up. Blah blah. But I like PvP, and I like running on a PvP server solo like many others do. I shouldn't have to LFG to kill 15 harpies. And with regard to gear, it's impossible to gear up against a 5 to 1 gank, and that's literally how it is every fight. I can 1v1 and sometimes 2v1 no problem, but the second I start busting some faces, it's inevitable every time that another one, or two, or three Horde cruise along (you guys are like ants) and step in. gg. Or they just come at me straight up, 5 to 1. So what's up? Surely there's a way to balance this out? It really slows progress efficiency, not to mention the 300G repair bill every time I log, because I'm grossly outnumbered.Selexis8 Oct 24
Oct 23 @Dev Dragon scales http://www.wowhead.com/spell=203576 Is dragon scales(Protection warrior Artifact Trait) still scales with haste? This is from Alpha/Beta when you decided to make the artifact trait to scale with haste. Dragon Scales is 0.85*Haste RPPM on Blocking. (Likely to change to a % chance when we get to tuning.) My question is does this trait still scales with haste and if so is there a future plan to change it to %Block chance?Achilles1 Oct 23
Oct 20 Legion experience Hi Oceanic General, So we're 1.5 months into Legion and I'm already finding my interest waning. Myself and my PvP guild were very excited for this RBG season, but we've found that there aren't any Aussie teams playing around our rating. We scheduled nights to play but find ourselves ping-ponged between 1500 teams (pugs) and the farm-all-night 2200+ teams. Last week we got the same 2200 team five times in a row. Legion actually offers very little outside of arena and questing. There is no WPvP zone, people are out in the world, but only to do a couple of WQs, it feels very hollow. There are no Alliance and Horde cities. There is nowhere to duel my friends, there is no social area. There's just nothing else to do. We did some dungeons & mythics but frankly PvE just isn't that fun after you've run through the dungeons once or twice. How's everyone else doing?Creeks2 Oct 20
Oct 19 Barfailus is Dead for ally So after 4 or 5 years of not playing wow, I've come back for the new expansion. All my toons are on barth and so is my guild. Doing world quests as ally isn't fun at all. A 2min quest took me a hour today because i was constantly killed and camped by horde. The ratio of the server is 13 horde to 1 ally (total joke). Nearly every world quest i do there are 20 horde and im lucky to see 1 alliance. With the new system of grouping different realms you would think they would at least try balance it which is obv not the case and is becoming very painful. Im left with 2 options.. Pay a stupid amount of money to blizz to xfer all my toons to a different server. Or just quit again. At the rate barth is going there wont be any alliance left at all. Im all for pvp and getting killed but not by 20 horde and then camped.Mythundras26 Oct 19
Oct 19 Unoffficial Oceanic RP Server? Is there an unofficial RP server for Oceania? I read around and I saw a couple people say Aman'thul but a lot of those were older posts. I wouldn't even mind just joining an RP guild on a PVE server or something.Malignivus0 Oct 19
Oct 19 Thank you blizzard Hey blizz just wanted to give you a shout out for your nerf to BM hunter damage decreasing agility stat in pvp by 10%. I mean it makes me feel real good having given up raid viability by choosing bm instead of mm because i also liked to pvp. Like seriously there are way more picked and better specs in pvp than BM and blizz is leaving them untouched. Ty blizz for honoring your word that you would be buffing the poorest performing specs instead of nerfing the strong ones so no one would feel like they wasted their time and energy gearing up and grinding AP for a certain spec.Bigarms1 Oct 19
Oct 18 Looking for a regular EN Pug group Long story short, i love my guild, i dont want to leave it. However, they raid before i am able to. I raided back in vanilla and BC but have come back for Legion and want to raid again. I can raid starting at about 8:15-8:30 PM PST almost every night. I prefer DPS but all 3 specs are all about the same gear level.Cambriellion0 Oct 18
Oct 17 Mythic+ Blacklist .Flope0 Oct 17
Oct 17 [H] Elitist 7/7H Late Night Mythic Raiding <Elitist> is a guild of people looking to have fun while also progressing at a higher than average pace through current content. Elitist is a guild composed of many people with prior experience of hardcore progression in not only WoW, but other MMOs as well, and we are looking for dedicated raiders with a similar mindset. We are currently 7/7 Heroic Emerald Nightmare, and looking for more members to push into mythic. Our raid core is composed of multiple people already who have prior top 5 server, top 100 US, and competitive PvP scores. We all have exceptional experience within the game, and want to combine it to push further into the game with a cohesive group that can buckle down and get things done, while still having fun. We already have precision down, with our group having parsed in the 99th percentile for execution of the fight, and we're looking forward to doing that in Mythic as well with you on our team. Currently Seeking: Melee DPS: - DK (high priority) - DH (med priority) - Ret paladin (high priority) - Any plate wearer with OS Tanks given higher priority over those without Ranged DPS: - Hunter (high priority) -Boomkin (high priority) - Spriest (high priority) Healers: -Holy/Disc priest -Resto druid - Holy paladin Exceptional applicants of any class or role will be happily accepted as well. Guild Info Server: Barthilas Faction: Horde Timezone: GMT +10 (Melbourne, Australia) / Server Time Voice Platform: TeamSpeak3 Loot System: Loot Council Raiding times: 14:00-17:30 Saturday/Sunday AEST (Server TIme) 9:00PM - 12:30AM Fri/Sat PST 12:00AM-3:30AM Sat/Sun EST What We're Looking for in Raiders - Dedicated raiders: Raiders who will do what it takes to understand their class, the game, the encounters, and those who are dedicated to the team and seeing it succeed. - Stable internet and computer: A DC'd or consistently lagging raider is a poor excuse for a raider. - Good etiquette: Don't be waving your e-peen in everyone's faces. Be on time for raid (pref ~15 minutes early). Be responsible for yourself and your actions. - Humble raiders: Accept criticism. Realize that your s*&t stinks just like everyone else's. Be willing to be there for others who were previously in your shoes. - Ability to have fun: That's what we're all here for, right? We are serious about progression, but in the off-time we're all joking and having a great time. We'd like to see people who can be in a similar environment. All exceptional players are more than welcome to add me for an interview. Looking forward to hearing from all applicants. That1MikeGuy#1191 is my btag, add it at any time.Zorade0 Oct 17
Oct 16 Pvp server with good balance of H/A? Hey guys, Is there any PVP servers with a decent balance of Horde and ally? I mostly play Ally but I do not want it to be completely dominated by either faction. I would have no idea as I have just started playing again. Any help would be great!Miltøn2 Oct 16
Oct 16 Moving to NZ, can I play in Stormrage? Hello, Like the title says, I'm moving to NZ and I wondered how's the ms latency over there when playing in Americas servers? I have lotso friends in Stormrage-US and I am worried that from NZ , I may not be able to play with them anymore due to high latency... NZ players usually pick SEA/EU servers when playing their games or USA servers are OK?Ahmandi7 Oct 16
Oct 16 Emerald Nightmare - A hidden boss!!!! Hello guys, please watch this video!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA4Fu1XmjSA Does blizzard start hidden some bosses in raids ?!!!Fireman0 Oct 16
Oct 15 H Caelestrasz (Hades)Perth Casual Guild Hi all Perth Based Horde Guild Hades is recruiting all, We are a very casual guild bunch vet Vanilla Players who have taken a step back and are mostly rl mates and are now looking for a good bunch of people who love the game but prioritize Life. Doing H's atm but would love to start a Mythic/Raiding Group when Numbers Permit. So if you're keen to hang with a good tight chill bunch of Adults get in contact with myself at @Arothoss#1722Arocaixs0 Oct 15
Oct 14 Oceanic RP Realm X-Post http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749087229 Are there any plans to open an RP Realm hosted in Sydney? Is this forum the best place for trying to make that happen, or should I use the in-game feedback function?Ljosalfr20 Oct 14
Oct 14 Faction Balance Across Oceanic (stale I know) What downs me out about this faction imbalance is that to the core id honestly consider myself a hordie at heart, the lore, the aesthetic, the races, all of it. But I know damn well the current situation of you poor bastards and getting your daily emissary quest/trying to summon at stones, so here I am, with my mates, all wishing we were horde but remain pidgeonholed here in order to do anything on a casual daily basis. Why not transfer? I can't budget a couple hundred to a videogame to transfer the amount of characters I like to play. So yes, sort this out, the lovelies at blizzard have enjoyed their CRZ (someone has to), so they may as well make a faction balancement out of it. 50/50 the ratio per zone, couldn't be that difficult. The franchise at it's core has always been the horde and alliance struggle. STRUGGLE. Right now I feel like I'm part of a bigger legion than anything Sargeras can shart out when I'm doing withered Jim and some poor sod Orc gets fustigated by enough unfocused alliance cleave and aoe to blot out the sun. Thanks for the read -A conceded hordieShadethi1 Oct 14
Oct 13 Recruit a friend! Found a friend already!Justingfun1 Oct 13
Oct 13 Roll Call: Where you hail from? Central Queensland checking in!Rivena391 Oct 13
Oct 13 Fix Orgrimmar - The Lag capital! Whats the deal? Orgrimmar has been lagging for almost every day for the past 2 weeks (especially on Khaz'goroth). Whats the deal? Takes a good 20-40 seconds to post an auction or even take something out of the bank, or even talk to a guard.... Any other Oceanic servers getting the same?Deathrowe2 Oct 13
Oct 13 Indonesia players - looking for help Hi All, I am in Jakarta for a few days for work and looking for help finding an internet cafe near by to play some wow. I am staying near this place (http://www.citywalksudirman.com//home/showlocation), as the traffic is pretty nuts here looking for something close by if possible. Thanks for your helpPositivity0 Oct 13
Oct 12 Quests for Rep i cannot find quests in stormheim to get the necessary rep needed to open world quests.. I over enthusiastically collected quests from all over the broken isles, and dumped most of them. stupid, I know, but my quest log got too full, and some of the quests I found were just irresistible. I am using my main Prudene, on Caelestrasz. fellow guildies have been really supportive, but have been unable to share their Stormheim quests as I am not eligible for them. is there some way to rectify this? I would be grateful for any positive advice. thank youDruihui0 Oct 12
Oct 12 What days are blizzcon for aus Hey sorry if this has been answered had a quick look but couldnt see it. What dates and starting times are blizzcon in aus does anyone know.Ihealitank2 Oct 12
Oct 11 Frostmourne Alliance:Horde Ratio Hi everyone. Does anybody know the alliance:horde ratio in frostmourne? I feel as if there are a lot more alliance players compared to that of horde. Most resting zones i have observed within legion has like a ratio of like 8:1. (I'm actually not exaggerating.) I can't level without being ganked by a bunch of alliance players every 10-15 minutes. I would transfer to a pve server but i can't afford to dish out $25 for each of my characters. :(Elluin2 Oct 11
Oct 11 Oceanic Roleplay! A guild has emerged! So my friends and I decided to create a guild on Aman'Thul for Roleplay called iRoleplay. We had seen all the posts on the forums for people asking for some Oceanic Roleplay and we decided to do something about it! Since this forum is General Discussion we aren't going to post the ad here but feel free to Check out the Oceanic Guild recruitment page for more information or whisper Sieralyn or Miayshu in game! See you guys there! P.S; We have already had some great interest so its not all for nothing. We want to make this big and eventually expand into several guilds. If Blizz won't give us an Oceanic RP Server we will make one! At least that's the theory.Seiralyn32 Oct 11
Oct 11 LF 3s team LF 3s team, kickback just tryna push 2k rating, maybe get a serious 3s team going hit me up if you're down. Poetes#1668Zaviar0 Oct 11
Oct 11 Need a change Hiya friends, A friend of mine and I have been playing alliance on Saurfang for awhile now and we've gotten rather tired of alliance and would like to find a horde server. I'm aware the majority of realms where decent sized horde communities lay are on PvP and we're not opposed to that, just want to make sure there's a decent community, guild opportunities, functioning AH all those good things you want in a realm. Also we're pretty raid orientated, not so much PvP - though we can do it from time to time. Can anybody out there help, or even give us their two cents about servers they know? Thanks guys.Fabhorn1 Oct 11
Oct 10 Jubei'thos - Selling Mythic + Hey all, Were selling mythic +'s using your key up to lvl 10. Come and get your AP, loot and 880 piece from your Order Hall chest at the end of week. We charge gold based off how many chests we complete in any given run. Please add me to battletag for more info: Realistphill#6914Realiststorm0 Oct 10
Oct 10 Well Done Gronks You did good. You played well and you came so close to beating Method. Im sure you had all Aus/NZ watchers cheering for you. You did us proud. I was on the edge of my seat in that final match. I hope you destroy who ever you go up against next!Hockeybalboa2 Oct 10
Oct 10 FIX HUNTERS!!! FIX HUNTERS! my guild will no longer take hunters for raid for the low dps we seem to pull. FIX this plz Blizz. this game is so under balanced. i understand pvp to pve, but come on fix PVE!!!! for hunters!!!!Poppie5 Oct 10
Oct 9 Which arena championships team is AUS/NZ? Was looking at the stream and noticed it doesn't say which of the 8 teams is from our region (The Latin American team seems a little obvious, haha). So...which one is the AUS/NZ team?Icaras2 Oct 9
Oct 8 LFM keystones Looking to team up to farm 2/3 keystones, need tank and heals, can fill dps but if you got a mate bring them along too, /w me ingame "suchdots" see ya thereSuchdots0 Oct 8
Oct 8 Artifact Relics. why is it that when my wife and i do world quests for artifact relics, She is always getting relics for doomhammer? when when we do heroics or anything like that, the relics she always gets are for doomhammer. it wouldn't be a big deal but she needs them for her resto spec. its been this way since we hit 110. her loot specialization is set to resto. and she is always in resto spec. any help would be great! ThanksTecna6 Oct 8