Mobile Bug Report

Jan 5 Greetings from Blizzard Mobile! Hello Everyone! My name is Liogela, and I am the new Mobile Bug Report Forums moderator. To give you a brief background on myself, I am a representative and employee of the Blizzard Quality Assurance department. I have been with the department for over 4 years and have been involved as a tester and/or leader on several of our major titles over that time span. I am now working specifically with the Blizzard Mobile QA and Development teams and will act as your liaison to the Mobile testing team. While our Quality Assurance team works very hard to help make our apps as clean as possible, our resources can never match the thousands upon thousands of users of our apps. That's where you come in! These forums have always been one of the best places for QA to get reports from the players. The reports logged here go directly to our testing team who research them in controlled environments. Let me assure you that we do read every thread that is posted here. I will try to be as interactive as possible within this community. I am excited for us to work together as we enter the next chapter in the epic saga of Blizzard Mobile Development. Important Threads: How to write a good bug report - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932784199 Guidelines (this one is super important) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/933154110Liogela203 Jan 5
Dec 2, 2014 Remote App and Authenticator Release Notes As requested, I have gone ahead and created an unofficial set of release/patch notes for the several released versions of both the Mobile App and the Battle.net Authenticator. I intend to keep this up-to-date with future versions as well. Keep in mind, this is not a complete set of notes due to the fact that I am not involved in the internal development/QA process, so any fixes or changes made that the public are unaware of, I won't be able to log. WoW Remote App Version 3.2.0 (iOS) - November 23rd, 2011 Real-time realm status is now available from the main menu. In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class. Support for Brazilian Portuguese Various bug fixes Version 2.2.2 (Android) - November 23rd, 2011 In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class. Android devices with smaller screen sizes (240x320) are now supported. Support for Brazilian Portuguese Various bug fixes Version 2.1.3 - August 21st, 2011 Added Talent Calculator Version 2.1.1 - July ?th, 2011 ??? Version 2.1.0 - July 19th, 2011 Added Talents & Glyphs, Reputations, Professions, Calendar Events, and Bookmarks Improved search technology Links to items and achievements received in Remote Guild Chat now link to those sections in the app. Links to enchants, quests, abilities, talents, and professions received in Remote Guild Chat now display tool tips. Various bug fixes Version 2.0.3 - May 8th, 2011 AH authenticated actions fail: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456729433#3 Character Not in a Guild: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416208945 Temporarily Unavailable: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2516832162 Version 2.0.2 - May 3rd, 2011 DroidX Freezing: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416120453 Changed logout time: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456730757 Version 2.0.1 - May 2nd, 2011 Force Close: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456476892 Version 2.0.0 - April 25th, 2011 The World of Warcraft Auction House app is now known as the World of Warcraft Remote app, and a number of new features have been added. The new Remote Guild Chat feature allows you to participate in your guild's in-game chat channel in real-time, have one-on-one conversations with members of our guild, and more. Added character sheets Added support for guilds Search for characters, items guilds Bug fixes and UI Improvements At this time, the free preview of Remote Guild Chat is only available to characters on the following game realms: All North/South American and Oceanic Realms All European Realms All Korean Realms ---- Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (iPhone) Version 1.3.1 - June 8th, 2011 Version 1.3.0 - ??? Version 1.0.1 - March 11th, 2010 A new "Copy" feature lets you copy the currently displayed authentication code into your device's clipboard. You can then paste it into other text entry fields, such as when accessing Battle.net Account Management from your mobile. Miscellaneous UI improvements Version 1.0.0 - March 31st, 2009 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Android) Version 1.1.0 - July 5th, 2011 Widget support New "restore" feature Version 1.0.0 - February 10th, 2010 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Windows Phone 7) Version 1.0.0 - July 5th, 2011 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Various Mobile Phones) Version 1.0.0 - July 20th, 2009 Originally released. ________________________________________________ The Chat Gem Lives! Fansite Administrator: DiabloFans, SC2Mapster, SC2ReplayedSixen56 Dec 2, 2014
Dec 24, 2014 Battle.net Authenticator Changes I've seen a couple of threads asking about the change to the Authenticator and why they aren't being prompted upon login, so I figured i'd port over the announcement from Zarhym here for those who may have missed it. ... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2674529777 ________________________________________________ The Chat Gem Lives! Fansite Administrator: DiabloFans, SC2Mapster, SC2ReplayedSixen9 Dec 24, 2014
Sep 25 Unable to Connect to Guild Chat after Paid Service Hello, I've been unable to connect to remote my guild chat through any mobile armory (tried with WiFi and 3G already) not even with an Android Emulator, after we performed a guild name change. I am able to connect to my Bank guild's guild chat, which haven't changed name. As a programmer I believe that this can be caused by some sort of ID problems with the guild name changes. Looking forward for a fix.Anshlun145 Sep 25
5d Regarding characters not appearing. Hey guys, We are aware of an issue currently affecting the Mobile Armory and website that is preventing some characters from appearing. This also includes situations where your gear is not updating or any stagnant data such as an old realm/guild/name being displayed if you've used a paid service. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused but I would like to assure you that our engineers have been, and are working on the issue. Unfortunately I cannot provide and ETA but we hope to have it resolved soon. I'll post an update to this thread once any more information is available.Kragg135 5d
Sep 6 Legion Companion App Known Issues Greetings all, Below is a list of known issues we have for the WoW Legion Companion App. Please note that this list is not complete with every issue we're aware of, but a sample of bugs that we believe will be most visible to players. Social Guild members may appear to be online while using the app. Characters logged into the app can be sent whispers. (App users will not receive messages.) Connection & Performance Device Auto-lock may cause a disconnect and require re-authentication. The app may hang for 5-10 seconds when resuming from a minimized state. Locking the device or losing network connection while logging in may reuqire a full restart for subsequent login attempts. Double clicking the cancel button while logging into a character may cause a disconnect. Users who lock their device while using the app may disconnect themselves from the WoW Client after unlocking it and Auto-reconnect activates. Login button may fail to display text. Display Mission Screen - Available and In-Progress Mission tabs may display scrambled text at times. On screen keyboards may hide input boxes on the credential screen when using smaller devices.Arvaanas0 Sep 6
Apr 27, 2011 Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not QA Bugs Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not Bugs. There are many issues that are repeatedly reported on these forums to Blizzard that are not considered bugs and should not be posted here in this forum. Please check this list before making a new post in this forum. Many issues that appear to be bugs are actually intended functionality or should be reported in other places. 1. The Mobile Armory does not ask for my Authenticator when I log in. 2. The Mobile Auction House tells me I'm in game when I'm not. 3. I can't whisper anyone on my friends or RealID friends lists with Remote Guild Chat. 4. I just left my guild, but Remote Guild Chat still shows me as a member of that guild. 5. The Character Profile for my sub-level 10 character says my character can't be found. 6. There aren't any timestamps in Remote Guild Chat. 7. I can't see messages sent by my in-game character on Remote Guild Chat when logged into Remote Guild Chat with the same character. 8. Multitasking out of the Remote Guild Chat app immediately logs me off. 9. When I'm in-game, I can't see mobile guild chat messages, but everyone else can. 10. My characters don't show up on the Armory, and I can't use the Auction House, Guild Chat, or Guild modules either. 11. Logging into the Mobile Armory or posting auctions causes my account to become Battle.net Secure LockedLiogela2 Apr 27, 2011
Apr 27, 2011 ★ Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report Forums! ★ Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report forum! The purpose of this forum is primarily to collect issue reports on any Blizzard Mobile app. We greatly appreciate our customers helping us to find issues with our products. As such, this forum is one of your best methods for making us aware of these issues. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. To learn more about the Search tool and how to use it effectively, please visit our blog here: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1123259b">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1123259b</a> Asking for Blue Responses is frowned upon! We do our best to read every thread that's posted on these forums, but we don't always have time to write a response to every post made. Just because your post or thread doesn't have a blue response DOES NOT mean we haven't seen your post or aren't already investigating your issue internally. Please do not bump threads or reply to your posts asking for blue responses to confirm that your posts have been seen! Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and thank you for being part of the greatest gaming community around!Liogela1 Apr 27, 2011
48m Wow Armory Mobile Is anyone else having problems with the Wow Armory Mobile App. My characters haven't updated in weeks, some characters don't show guilds and I can't use guild chat. Anyone else?Azög21 48m
57m WOW Armory broke/ AH after update The only real details that I can give you is that I can log in, pull up my characters, but it is unable to show my character's gold or connect the the Auction House.Hêirloom2 57m
9h Character unavailble Character unavailable on wow legion app after transfering of server . Can anyone help me with it ? I tried many times, after i select my character it just keep showing "character unavailable"Teridaz0 9h
18h Companion app broken after character transfer Companion app was working beautifully, until I transferred realms from Tichondrius to Dethecus. I'm able to go through login, and get to the character selection screen, but upon selecting my character I get the following error every time: "Character is unavailable at this time." The character is fully transferred and working in game. I've deleted and re-installed the app, I've tried to login to Europe and then go back. I do not have another character at 110 to try and login to. Any other advice on getting this working? PS: When trying to submit this ticket I got the following error: "An error occurred. Please log out and back in, and try again.," Trying to re-post under a different character, seeing if this works...Ketraa13 18h
1d Missing Research Notes? Multiple characters on the Legion Companion App have missing Research for artifact power. My main that's AK25 has the panel, but it seems toons that are under AK20 do not. Have logged out and Uninstalled the app but to no avail. Anyone else, and help pls?Shìftîñ8 1d
1d Class Hall Research My Tier 5 research just finished this morning, and the Legion App says Tier 6 will take 14 days. The patch notes say, "The time it takes to complete Class Hall research has been reduced. A shorter time to complete Class Hall research for Tiers 3, 4, 5, and 6 will make it easier to upgrade your Class Halls on alts and new characters." I'm afraid to start the research through my phone and get locked in to the original 14 days.Wûlong1 1d
2d Legion companion app The App will not show completed missions. The followers section shows the follower on a completed Mission though...Benjen0 2d
3d Cannot complete missions Using the legion app, it shows that all my followers are on a mission that is complete when I view my folowers, and it shows 0 missions are on the in progress screen.Dawnofthedon0 3d
3d Companion App & Artifact Research Earlier today, I logged in the companion app (AFTER the patch) and everything was just fine, normal, etc., had just over 2 hours left on my artifact research. Logged in again just now to pick up that research note, and the option is gone from all my characters. It shows that there is something completed, but doesn't show anything to pick up at all. Closed the app, updated it, reopened it, still nothing. Makes me sad panda :( Anyone else having this problem?Mandlz13 3d
3d Focusing Crystal - Missing as of 7.1.5 The ability to produce / pick-up Focusing Crystals is now missing from the App. I've also confirmed that it is missing from both my DH and my Paladin. Interestingly, the App is still reporting a small 1 beside the icon for work orders, champions, etc... indicating that it recognizes I do have something to pick up. The work orders / icons for those abilities just disappeared.Elliandra4 3d
3d transferred to on won't load I transferred this character from alliance to horde last night (about 10 hours ago.) This morning I am trying to use the champion app for my class hall quests. My other too logs in just fine. The one I transferred does not log in. I have cleared cache, and all data. Still "unable to log into character. Any ideas?Sorchia0 3d
3d Legion iOS app doesn't confirm class hall upgrades Hi Blizz, Whilst I love the new expansion, I've run into a surprising issue with the companion app, which made me unhappy. While browsing the class hall upgrade choices, I tapped on one of icons for the next tier I had available to view the description. I then attempted to close the description by tapping on the area outside the description border....I must have missed and tapped inside the border instead; to my surprise, the app interpreted this as confirmation of this upgrade and I have lost 10,000 resources. I've seen a couple other posts regarding this same issue, but no responses. I'm hoping someone will read this. I realise not all unintentional actions can be reverted, but I'm kinda hoping I can get my resources back. Thanks :-) P.s please add a confirm button to class hall upgrade choices!Sindessa0 3d
4d Legion companion app While I find the app very useful it seems to consume a tonne of power. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and it gets very warm while running the app. If I don't go into the task manager and shut the app down from running in the back ground it will actually make the phone almost too hot to touch after a few minutes. According to my battery usage the Legion companion app consumes 32% of the battery power when it's running. Using the app for 2 - 3 minutes will kill 6 - 10% of my available battery life. This seems excessive.. Is this a known issue with the app that you are looking to address.Gueryn0 4d
4d Did the Authenticator mess up Comp App? My companion app was working just fine this morning. This afternoon, I downloaded the Authenticator, and now the companion app won't get past the swiveling eye. On Droid.Acky1 4d
4d Champions stuck on Mission Complete The past couple of days, when I send two or more groups out on missions with their champions, one always seems to bug out when I complete them using the app. They remain at mission complete and are greyed out and unable for use. Logging into the game and going to the mission board in the class hall usually pops them back into play. However, I can't access the game during the day which renders the mobile app pointless.Aumaan1 4d
4d WoW Armory App Showing Wrong Items I bought an item from the auction house ilvl 810, gem socket, requires level 101, when I got the item in my mailbox it show as ilvl 772, no gem socket and requires level 103. What gives? Now I am out the gold I spent on the item because I opened a ticket and they said they are not going to fix it and I need to post a bug report. Also I bought some gems because the tooltip on the auction house says +250 stats when it really is +100 stats after I looked on WoW head for the information. However, I do not see any ilvl 772 version of the trinket I purchased. Also on the ticket the solution was to not use the mobile armory app. I have never had an issue with the mobile app before until now. anyone else having this issue?Dumbledorê2 4d
4d companion app bling changes Since the update to the companion app for 7.1.5 there is added time on visuals that were not needed. Could we get an option to disable the graphical shaking of the bonus treasure and similar "improvements" so that we can use the app more quickly? It is an app supporting a game, not a game by itself, so there is no need for the extraneous bling. Thanks!Dracyr0 4d
5d [Bug] Legion Companion App missing Art... Enviroment Device: Google Pixel OS Version: 7.1.1 Android Application: Legion Companion App Reproduction Open Legion Companion App Select tab second from the left on the bottom (work orders) Observe area for artifact work orders Expected: To be able to see, place, and collect artifact research notes. Actual: the Artifact Knowlage panel is missing from the work order tab.Mönch1 5d
5d Companion App using cellular data despite preferences I noticed my mobile data usage spiked this morning and the legion companion app was the only app I had used. I had wifi disabled, but within the app preferences, I had turned off both cellular data and notifications. If I turn off ALL cell data, then the app won't receive data, however if I set that preference at the app level (in Settings > Cellular > WoW) the app still seems to receive data and should not!Omnes0 5d
5d WoW Armory app won't show any characters This is been an ongoing problem with my account. Every time I log into the Armory app on both iOS and Android, it says that I have absolutely no characters on my account. I had made a forum post about this back in Sept. 2016 as well as sent an e-mail to their technical staff that works on the app. I was told that they could log in fine to the account from the webpage (which wasn't the problem, because I could and can as well), I was told that I need to check to make sure that I was connecting to the right region (which I was, since the app had been working prior to my 2 to 3 month inability on more than one device), and then I was told the forum post was going to be moved to their technical forum after many, many replies from other users saying they had the same problems (in which it wasn't moved and I never heard back from them). What other users and I discovered that we all had in common was that we all had multiple WoW accounts connected to a single Battle.net account, which I made sure to mail the technical team about once we figured that out. About a week after the replies stopped, low and behold, my characters appeared on my Armory! ...Then, my characters stopped showing up at all again about a month to six weeks ago. Now, Blizzard, there's a simple way to fix this. I noticed on your Legion companion app that we have to choose which WoW account we're going to log into, something that's lacking on the Armory app. I'm almost 90% sure that if you added that feature to the Armory app, this problem might just go away! Until your technical team can do this, can I ask that you either dump the cache on my characters or log in to my characters or SOMETHING via the iOS app (not so much Android anymore, but both, if possible) so you can help me fix this problem? It's really become a pain to run my guild and auctions when I don't have a mobile app to assist me when I'm taking care of daily life activities. Thank you! Oh, and P.S.: PLEASE keep better communication this time around. I would really appreciate that.Fancystache1 5d
5d Companion App Research times Bug Post 7.1.5 I have updated my phone (Galaxy J3 running the latest Android version). Downloaded the latest update to the Companion app today. Class Hall Research times still show the old times (10, 12, 15 days for the last three tiers).Ariendormi0 5d
6d Fix PVP Healing! Fix PVP Healing!Flashofsmite0 6d
6d Guild chat immediately signs out I am experiencing an issue with the remote guild chat, specific to one guild. I am able to log in to remote guild chat for every guild I am a member of except the one this character is in. When I sign in for this guild, it acts like it is signing in, members of the guild will flicker on screen for less than one second, and I am immediately signed out again. This may be something with my device, as I have been able to isolate the issue to only occurring over LTE, however, I am submitting the bug report since it only affects this one guild Model: HTC One M9 OS: Android 6.0 Provider: Sprint Network: LTE Character: Maedhros Server: Shadowsong Faction: Alliance Guild: Pie VendorMaedhros0 6d
6d Legion companion with Google Pixel The home and back buttons are not available on the Pixel with the Legion mobile app open. Had to reboot to exit. Is it possible to add a close button?Elethea3 6d
6d Class hall research bug I was using the legion companion app this morning (before 7.1.5 went live) and I noticed I was able to start the fifth level research for my class hall upgrades. Since I didn't know off the top of my head what the choices were, I tapped on the icon to get the info in the app. I tapped on the right side icon first (what the description was is irrelevant, but it was NOT what I wanted to choose), closed that choice out, then tapped on the left Icon. After reading that option's description, I tapped to accept starting that research. Imagine my surprise when I looked again and saw the research started on the option I did NOT want! I know for certain that I tapped on the option I wanted...12.5k resources on a relatively new 110 isn't something you just randomly throw away. But on a lighter note, I now have 12 days to build back up those resources while I wait for that research to complete...only to spend 12.5k and wait another 12 days before I get the option I want :-/Pokinu1 6d
6d Armory auction house Auction house not connecting in mobile Armory appTicktok0 6d
6d AK Research Was that intentionally removed from the Legion app? Or is it bugged out?Levíathan1 6d
6d WoW Legion app says not compatible with my device I got a coolpad 3300a and it has android 4.4.4. but when I try to install the legion app it says it isn't compatible. According to the app page it only needs 4.0.3 and up. It has more ram than my Samsung Startdust that can run the app, and a comparable cpu. Why isn't it compatible?Merie1 6d
Jan 10 Legion Companion App Does this frackin thing even work? I have been trying off and on for months to get past the swiveling green eye loading screen. Worked one single time months ago. Has not worked since. Restarts, reinstalls, etc etc. Still does not do anything but sit at the eye loading page for a couple seconds, then boots me to the home screen. It is still running in the background, but refuses to do anything.Shimatsu7 Jan 10
Jan 10 Character Missing!!!! The character I play on the most is not showing in my list. Both online and on the mobile app. Its just missing. I am not sure what the issue is or how/what I can do to fix it.......... Someone Help Please!Ginã5 Jan 10
Jan 9 Wow armory app, greyed out icons Hi, I am unable to use the wow armory app as the first 4 icons are "greyed" out. I am unable to tap AH, character, guild chat ect. I have the same problem on my Note7 and the same issue when I logged in to the app on my friends S7. Please advise!Jehüty10 Jan 9
Jan 9 WoW Armory Auction House Reporting the bug inside the wow armory (mobile) auction house. When i go to buy anything off the auction house i get a message "unable to establish connection with server". Then the app refuses any sort of network connections, and wont load anything else until i shut down the whole app and reopen. It happens 100% of the time i go to buy anything.Fredsterone14 Jan 9
Jan 9 Email change kills WoW Armory App I changed the email address on my battle.net account a few weeks ago and only recently realized that was when my WoW Armory issues began as well. I thought it was the android upgrade from 6-7, but when I logged in on my wife's phone (6.0.1) it was the same story. I can log in and view all my character's names, but it is stuck on one character and won't let me switch. I also cannot view anything related to the auction house or view gear. I can't even search the database. It seems all I CAN do is view character names. As far as I can tell, this is happening on all versions of the WoW Armory App for Android and exclusively effects users who have recently changed their email address on battle.net. Can anyone else corroborate this or provide a solution?Ferboomtree1 Jan 9
Jan 6 Remote Auction House: Process Interrupted I am trying to use the Remote Auction House via Armory. Each time I try to post an auction, I receive the message that the process was interrupted. By what? How do I resolve this? I have had this issue a couple times before, but have also posted auctions and collected money since then.Efreeta6 Jan 6
Jan 5 Only a small issue. Whenever I have more than one quest to complete, the first quest completes just fine through the World Map, but every quest after that won't complete unless I go to the Missions tab and click on "In Progress" to manually complete it. It's not a huge issue, everything else works fine (aside from minor text garbling, but I find that amusing for the most part), but I thought it should probably be reported. I can still use everything else just fine so I'm not sure that it's worth posting about, but seeing as it acts as though I should be able to complete my quests all through the World Map one after the other like how it works in game, I'm assuming it might be a bug. Sorry if this has been posted about before, I tried to look it up and didn't find anything else. I do have my own solution to it, which is going through the Missions > In Progress tab, but I didn't see any other way to report on it. I know in-game it helps a lot to report on bugs, so I thought this might help. I'm... not expecting a response. I don't know, maybe someone could mark this as resolved when they see it? Maybe it could help someone else who has the same issue, but can't find a workaround, since I'm not sure when/if it'll be fixed. Have a good day, everyone! Happy new year! ;u;Redglare0 Jan 5
Jan 4 Companion App - Cannot place work orders on a single character Hey just wanted to let you guys know, my companion app works perfectly on all characters except for on my rogue, which I can't place any work orders for pirates or bandits, armaments or artifact knowledge. Is this a known bug? Tried reinstalling the app but had no luck.Yungoos2 Jan 4
Jan 4 Cannot Place Research Note Orders I've recently downloaded the app for the first time on an iphone6 (iOS 10.2). I'm connecting over wifi and I am unable to place an order for artifact research notes. I was able to collect my last orders that I submitted through the game. I haven't been able to check whether or not the other work orders are working correctly because I am maxed out on the others for the time being. I wanted to make sure this was noted so that something can be done. Thanks.Doogyfresh2 Jan 4
Jan 3 Cannot place order From last Sunday, I have not been able to place order for armies (invokers), artifact rearch notes, focusing crystal and armaments. I tried to logout, delete and reinstall. The problem persists.Chronolight4 Jan 3
Jan 3 3D view option disappeared since last update I can no longer view characters in "3D" mode, since the last update.Judgemental12 Jan 3
Jan 2 Armory not receiving/showing mail (iPhone) I just purchased the upgrade for the WoW mobile armory on my iPhone and I’m already having issues. My guild chat seems to work fine, as does the auction house, but the mailbox isn’t updating. I tested this out by having someone in my guild send me 1 silver via mail. Our guild has all the achievements unlocked, including g-mail, so I should’ve received it instantly. I’m also not seeing existing mail that I have saved in my inbox. Anyone know what’s going on? Thanks in advance. Telepathy4 Jan 2
Jan 2 Login issues I installed the Legion Companion app and the WoW Armory app yesterday on my tablet, and when I tried to log in (With the correct information) it told me it was incorrect and didn't let me in. I had the same issue with the Authenticator app.Shilth0 Jan 2
Jan 1 WoW armory stuck at loading WoW armory stuck at loading after email changeHestiå5 Jan 1