Mobile Bug Report

Apr 13 Greetings from Blizzard Mobile! Hello Everyone! My name is Liogela, and I am the new Mobile Bug Report Forums moderator. To give you a brief background on myself, I am a representative and employee of the Blizzard Quality Assurance department. I have been with the department for over 4 years and have been involved as a tester and/or leader on several of our major titles over that time span. I am now working specifically with the Blizzard Mobile QA and Development teams and will act as your liaison to the Mobile testing team. While our Quality Assurance team works very hard to help make our apps as clean as possible, our resources can never match the thousands upon thousands of users of our apps. That's where you come in! These forums have always been one of the best places for QA to get reports from the players. The reports logged here go directly to our testing team who research them in controlled environments. Let me assure you that we do read every thread that is posted here. I will try to be as interactive as possible within this community. I am excited for us to work together as we enter the next chapter in the epic saga of Blizzard Mobile Development. Important Threads: How to write a good bug report - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932784199 Guidelines (this one is super important) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/933154110Liogela300 Apr 13
Feb 13 Remote App and Authenticator Release Notes As requested, I have gone ahead and created an unofficial set of release/patch notes for the several released versions of both the Mobile App and the Battle.net Authenticator. I intend to keep this up-to-date with future versions as well. Keep in mind, this is not a complete set of notes due to the fact that I am not involved in the internal development/QA process, so any fixes or changes made that the public are unaware of, I won't be able to log. WoW Remote App Version 3.2.0 (iOS) - November 23rd, 2011 Real-time realm status is now available from the main menu. In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class. Support for Brazilian Portuguese Various bug fixes Version 2.2.2 (Android) - November 23rd, 2011 In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class. Android devices with smaller screen sizes (240x320) are now supported. Support for Brazilian Portuguese Various bug fixes Version 2.1.3 - August 21st, 2011 Added Talent Calculator Version 2.1.1 - July ?th, 2011 ??? Version 2.1.0 - July 19th, 2011 Added Talents & Glyphs, Reputations, Professions, Calendar Events, and Bookmarks Improved search technology Links to items and achievements received in Remote Guild Chat now link to those sections in the app. Links to enchants, quests, abilities, talents, and professions received in Remote Guild Chat now display tool tips. Various bug fixes Version 2.0.3 - May 8th, 2011 AH authenticated actions fail: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456729433#3 Character Not in a Guild: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416208945 Temporarily Unavailable: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2516832162 Version 2.0.2 - May 3rd, 2011 DroidX Freezing: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416120453 Changed logout time: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456730757 Version 2.0.1 - May 2nd, 2011 Force Close: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456476892 Version 2.0.0 - April 25th, 2011 The World of Warcraft Auction House app is now known as the World of Warcraft Remote app, and a number of new features have been added. The new Remote Guild Chat feature allows you to participate in your guild's in-game chat channel in real-time, have one-on-one conversations with members of our guild, and more. Added character sheets Added support for guilds Search for characters, items guilds Bug fixes and UI Improvements At this time, the free preview of Remote Guild Chat is only available to characters on the following game realms: All North/South American and Oceanic Realms All European Realms All Korean Realms ---- Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (iPhone) Version 1.3.1 - June 8th, 2011 Version 1.3.0 - ??? Version 1.0.1 - March 11th, 2010 A new "Copy" feature lets you copy the currently displayed authentication code into your device's clipboard. You can then paste it into other text entry fields, such as when accessing Battle.net Account Management from your mobile. Miscellaneous UI improvements Version 1.0.0 - March 31st, 2009 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Android) Version 1.1.0 - July 5th, 2011 Widget support New "restore" feature Version 1.0.0 - February 10th, 2010 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Windows Phone 7) Version 1.0.0 - July 5th, 2011 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Various Mobile Phones) Version 1.0.0 - July 20th, 2009 Originally released. ________________________________________________ The Chat Gem Lives! Fansite Administrator: DiabloFans, SC2Mapster, SC2ReplayedSixen62 Feb 13
Dec 24, 2014 Battle.net Authenticator Changes I've seen a couple of threads asking about the change to the Authenticator and why they aren't being prompted upon login, so I figured i'd port over the announcement from Zarhym here for those who may have missed it. ... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2674529777 ________________________________________________ The Chat Gem Lives! Fansite Administrator: DiabloFans, SC2Mapster, SC2ReplayedSixen10 Dec 24, 2014
Sep 25, 2016 Unable to Connect to Guild Chat after Paid Service Hello, I've been unable to connect to remote my guild chat through any mobile armory (tried with WiFi and 3G already) not even with an Android Emulator, after we performed a guild name change. I am able to connect to my Bank guild's guild chat, which haven't changed name. As a programmer I believe that this can be caused by some sort of ID problems with the guild name changes. Looking forward for a fix.Anshlun145 Sep 25, 2016
4d Known Issues List 7/17/2018 Hello all, Below is a list of known issues for the updated 1.0 WoW Companion App: General Game could close itself when player loads into a client where a talent is finished but not viewed and go to the talent tab. Workaround: Log into the game to prior to looking at the talent tab in the app. Android: If English is one of your input languages, the app will default to English regardless of phone language. The "Mission Started" tag may become stuck and requires relogging. Latin American WoW Companion App could pull European Spanish instead of Latin American Spanish.Itzali0 4d
Sep 6, 2016 Legion Companion App Known Issues Greetings all, Below is a list of known issues we have for the WoW Legion Companion App. Please note that this list is not complete with every issue we're aware of, but a sample of bugs that we believe will be most visible to players. Social Guild members may appear to be online while using the app. Characters logged into the app can be sent whispers. (App users will not receive messages.) Connection & Performance Device Auto-lock may cause a disconnect and require re-authentication. The app may hang for 5-10 seconds when resuming from a minimized state. Locking the device or losing network connection while logging in may reuqire a full restart for subsequent login attempts. Double clicking the cancel button while logging into a character may cause a disconnect. Users who lock their device while using the app may disconnect themselves from the WoW Client after unlocking it and Auto-reconnect activates. Login button may fail to display text. Display Mission Screen - Available and In-Progress Mission tabs may display scrambled text at times. On screen keyboards may hide input boxes on the credential screen when using smaller devices.Arvaanas0 Sep 6, 2016
Apr 27, 2011 Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not QA Bugs Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not Bugs. There are many issues that are repeatedly reported on these forums to Blizzard that are not considered bugs and should not be posted here in this forum. Please check this list before making a new post in this forum. Many issues that appear to be bugs are actually intended functionality or should be reported in other places. 1. The Mobile Armory does not ask for my Authenticator when I log in. 2. The Mobile Auction House tells me I'm in game when I'm not. 3. I can't whisper anyone on my friends or RealID friends lists with Remote Guild Chat. 4. I just left my guild, but Remote Guild Chat still shows me as a member of that guild. 5. The Character Profile for my sub-level 10 character says my character can't be found. 6. There aren't any timestamps in Remote Guild Chat. 7. I can't see messages sent by my in-game character on Remote Guild Chat when logged into Remote Guild Chat with the same character. 8. Multitasking out of the Remote Guild Chat app immediately logs me off. 9. When I'm in-game, I can't see mobile guild chat messages, but everyone else can. 10. My characters don't show up on the Armory, and I can't use the Auction House, Guild Chat, or Guild modules either. 11. Logging into the Mobile Armory or posting auctions causes my account to become Battle.net Secure LockedLiogela2 Apr 27, 2011
Apr 27, 2011 ★ Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report Forums! ★ Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report forum! The purpose of this forum is primarily to collect issue reports on any Blizzard Mobile app. We greatly appreciate our customers helping us to find issues with our products. As such, this forum is one of your best methods for making us aware of these issues. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. To learn more about the Search tool and how to use it effectively, please visit our blog here: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1123259b">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1123259b</a> Asking for Blue Responses is frowned upon! We do our best to read every thread that's posted on these forums, but we don't always have time to write a response to every post made. Just because your post or thread doesn't have a blue response DOES NOT mean we haven't seen your post or aren't already investigating your issue internally. Please do not bump threads or reply to your posts asking for blue responses to confirm that your posts have been seen! Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and thank you for being part of the greatest gaming community around!Liogela1 Apr 27, 2011
16m [UPDATE] The updated Legion App Update: A new version for the companion app was just released. They fixed/reverted the Character List/Log Out button change. Be sure to update! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765717089?page=4#post-68 ------------------------- When needing to see the full list of characters, the button to get to the full list now says "Log out", which does seem to log me out. Then I have to log in again to see the full list. Was that step intended? Why have the quick list (the two previous characters) if you need to completely log out to get the full list? Samsung Galaxy S7, Android OS, fully updated according to the settings.Levíathan75 16m
3h Legion Companion missing Armoury function When blizzard ceased support for the armoury app in favour of the legion companion app, I was under the impression the functionality of the armoury would cross over. However, where the armoury app was available to characters of any level and contained some very useful guild interaction, the legion companion app is entirely unusable unless you have a champion. Is there any plan to bring some of the many benefits of the armoury app across into the legion companion app?Bhyddenresdr1 3h
3h 8.0 follower ability issues Now that I can finally log in with regularity it seems that some of the follower abilities like reduced mission time and cost aren't working. On my warlock and pally it's random whether the followers reduce mission time ability applies itself (usually have to exit the mission and try again) and for my druids the Broll Bearmantle mission cost reduction NEVER works.Fluffergyrl1 3h
6h Legion Companion App - Sound setting Within the app, the setting to turn the sound effects off is not retaining from character to character. When viewing the setting, the check box remains unchecked through out; however, as soon as I switch to a new character, the sound is back on. I turn if off by checking the checkbox, then unchecking it again. And when moving on to the next character, the sound is back on again. Samsung Galaxy S7, Android OS fully updated to current.Levíathan9 6h
14h Legion companion app issues.. 1. Enable sfx button seems to not be working as in sfx is on regardless oh whether the box is ticked or not 2. Graphic for essence missions on iOS is currently not working 3. No access to change characters. Previously you would click on the toon top right corner and an option to change characters would come up, this no longer exists and the “log out” button which currently comes up returns you to the load screen and if you then try to change accounts, it logs you right back into the character you were on. These problems exist for me on both iOS and Android. I’ve tried deleting the app on both and reinstalling with no change. Is anyone else having these problems?Chalem32 14h
15h Legion Companion App: Can't switch accounts Previously I'd log in to the app and get taken to the account selection screen. Now I just get taken directly to the one character. From there I get to log out which puts me on the main screen with the Login and Account Selection buttons. Selecting Account Selection logs me out. When I log in again it takes me straight back to the same character. It doesn't seem to comprehend that I have two accounts under one account. Selecting Login takes me straight back to the same character. As reported in other threads I can't turn the really irritating and LOUD sound off. I'm constantly getting Cannot Connect to Battlenet error messages even though it's connected and doing what I asked behind the message. And then, while I was typing up this thread and had the app open for testing, I got this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z6Ww6HAaT3RCCrBPnhiHgrG5jor9Bm-q Yes, that character in the background is the only one that the app connects to. It's the only 110 on that account.Catralonne4 15h
16h Android 5.0 required now? Was looking as to why I couldn't update the legion companion app, and apparently it requires android 5.0 and up now. Guess i'll have to get a new phone if I wanna use this now... oh well.Sharpen3 16h
16h Legion Companion app feedback. I'm putting this here, because there isn't a Mobile Feedback forum (that I can find, and the category that this forum is under, says mobile feedback) I'm just going to throw my hat in for the "this is a terrible idea" crowd... I don't have an hour to log out, and log back in, every time I wanna do my missions on 13 characters. And that's not even including the alts I'm actively leveling for Herritage armor. I'm not in town every day, so I did my order hall missions on my phone. I've uninstalled. You shouldn't do this for the same reason that you don't need to log all the way out every time you switch characters. For real though... why add more tedium to something that was supposed to be a QoL improvement for people like myself. Can we at least get an explanation as to.. why?Ultharwe0 16h
17h Legion Companion App - Enable SFX If I uncheck the "Enable SFX" option, sound is disabled like it should be. However, if I exit the app and then run it again, the "Enable SFX" checkbox is once again checked. This option should be persistent in that the state should immediately be saved on change, instead of reverting back to its "always-on" default state. iOS 10.0.1, iPhone 6 Plus iOS 10.0.1, iPad Pro 12.9"Thermir9 17h
19h Legion Companion behavior So I'm having difficulties with the Legion Companion on my Android phone. It will: Allow me to purchase class all upgrades, buy and pick up recruiter minons, but I cannot complete finished missions. I also can't access the character selection without logging out completely. Is this a known issue, and if so, do we have an ETA on when it'll be fixed?Faizah3 19h
19h Legion Companion App - unusable by design Hi devs, or customer service: Not irrited, not complaining, but serious question if you have a moment please. Are the recent (since 8.0) changes to the mobile Legion Companion App, by design to make it unusable? This is OK, of course, but would like to know if these changes are by design, or are the issues being looked at? Edit... I meant to place a question mark in my title, but forgot...Nusku0 19h
19h Unable to complete missions I'm not going to complain about the select character / log out fiasco since there's a thread that'll hopefully get it resolved, but I'm encountering a specific issue: I can't complete missions. I can buy minions, upgrade my class hall, send people on missions -- but I cannot COMPLETE them. They just sit there, all sad like, and nothing happens when I touch them. It just hangs there in the world map, and it does nothing in the mission screen. What gives?Faizah0 19h
19h Can’t Switch to all Characters I can only access three characters through the companion app. Am I missing something? The button that used to let you switch just logs you out and that isn’t even working for me, it just reloads the app and I’m stuck with the same three characters to use.Effinhot5 19h
1d [BUG] ICONS: Inconsistent Size when Selected As of the update to the app, the icons/buttons along the bottom are not evenly sized when selected. Recruits and Champions are equal in size to one another, Missions and Order Research are equal in size to one another, however, Missions and Order Research are noticeably larger than the other buttons when selected as active. World Map is of its own size. The issue with Missions and Order Research being as large as they are now is that they extend past the upper horizontal border bar element which contains the icons when selected as active. This partially obscures information in the lowest lefthand corner of the Missions screen, as well as in the lower righthand corner of the Order Research screen. While subtle, it requires that the user now perform additional scrolling in order to better see the now obfuscated information, which neither feels good nor intuitive. As far as size, with large being a 3, 2 medium, and 1 normal, in order that the icons appear in the app, they now look like this when individually active: 3 1 2 1 3 I'm hoping that this was unintentional because it seems illogical to give more visual weight to the outermost buttons.Perillica1 1d
1d Legion Companion App bugs Ever since the pre-patch update on the app, it doesn't remember that I've disabled sfx and notifications on every character. Even when Enable SFX is -not- checked, it plays sfx. I also have to log out entirely instead of being able to go straight to the character selection screen. I have five 110s, and this is making it much more irritating to swap between all of them. Additionally, you seem to have removed the ability to donate Legionfall war supplies through the app for no explicable reason.Jazvar0 1d
1d Companion App Not sure if this is the right spot. I noticed after the recent companion app update for order hall missions the button to change characters seems to be missing.....only the logout button is there. Anyone else have this issue? is it a known issue? or is it just me?Hipsterdufus6 1d
1d Blizzard Legion Companion App My tablet downloaded the latest App update the other day & the charactor selection button was missing for the app. the only way to change toons if you have more than 3 is to log out & then back in the get the charactor selection screen, otherwise if you try to change toons the screen only show the log out button & no charactoe selection button. Please put that button back as I am tired of having to log out & back in to the screen so I can change toons.Shadowladynh3 1d
1d App update on 7/19/18 not resolving issues The update available on the app store (iTunes) today (July 19 2018) did not correct or resolve any of the issues reported in yesterdays threads - for me anyway... Edit - Primarily the character select button being replaced by a log out button.Zypher1 1d
2d Companion App Broken After the cluster that was 8.0.1 launch, the companion app is an absolute mess right now. Constant connection issues, no character selection screen (only "Log Out"), missing icon images, and missing resources. I've deleted the app and reinstalled in but still having the same issues. This isn't the biggest deal in the world to me, however would be nice to start some missions from my phone when I'm not at my computer.Achro7 2d
2d (Legion app) Bottom nav showing on assign When you select a mission to begin assigning champions and troops, the bottom navigation is now covering up part of the roster (previously it wasn't displayed).Alayea0 2d
2d Armory App complaint & question I am aware that the Armory app has been discontinued. This has widely been regarded as a bad move (famous book quote, but applicable). This isn't really a bug report, but it is in relation to the mobile apps, and this seemed like the best fit. When people on our btag and Real ID friends list were set to appear offline, we could still see their character as online if our character was in the same guild. Is that part of why the Armory app was discontinued? Ok, two questions... Will there be something we can use that has the same functionality? I would like to be able to talk in guild chat if/when my computer crashes, or my internet dies, both of which happen on a weekly, sometimes daily, basis. Ok, two complaints... The Legion companion app keeps telling me that any character I select on my account is "already logged in", when the game is open on my laptop, but it's sitting on the character select screen. Would that count as a bug? I would consider it a bug.Oblivienne4 2d
2d companion app Is the companion app still available. mine isn't working.Houseofpain4 2d
2d BFA mobile app limits access to alts. Limit of 3 alts has been imposed. The button which used to allow access to other characters has been incorrectly replaced with a logout button.Mandysbanker1 2d
2d (Legion app) Login info not being kept I've been experiencing this on the Legion Companion App since discovering a separate bug -- Log Out button on quickie list does full log out instead -- but whenever I have to log back in, half the time I find myself needing to re-enter: Email address Password My authenticator The last one is really irritating because the "don't keep asking for auth" checkbox isn't retained either. Until this is fixed, I'm not using the app because it's just too much of hassle when I've got around 20 or so level 110s to go through.Alayea0 2d
3d WoW legion companion app Dont know if this is the right place to post this but with the apps update this week i have to log out to change to a dif character to check missions, really annoying when you got 15 to check onSlurmmckenz2 3d
3d Wow Companion App Update Step1-find the latest updated version of the app on the app store Step2-delete the app on the device and install the new app Step3-launch the app, enter in user id and password Step4-If a list of characters does not appear then there is a connectivity issue Step5-if the list of characters DOES appear then attempt to logon. If the logon fails then the final failure is on the server back end and the app will work once they fix the issue.Semprperatus6 3d
3d Legion Companion App issues Legion companion app cant connect to battle.net. is this being discontinued? also the active gold quest i had on my rogue has been changed to order resources :(..... i almost dont want to check my other characters with "active gold quests" . The ptr and beta had gold quests active for follower missions so I am disappointed to see them go away.Greymain2 3d
3d wow companion problem Hi! today I tried to login into wow companion after the pre patch was live and I was unable to. it kept saying " unable to connect to battle net account" I checked into the play store ( android) to see if there if there is an update for the app, I saw that my phone was not compatible for my phone. yesterday I had no problem with the app. so you raised the requirements for the app on the phone without saying anything?Fatsonh0 3d
3d Companion App not connecting Since the servers are up, i was curiouus if anyone else is experiencing the same unable to connect to battle.net and if this is related to the authentication issues.Theranus1 3d
Jul 13 Updated Chrome Phone app And now I can't use the highlight a posters sentence and press the highlighted text to quote anymore (On the forums). Any clue why this is? And is there a fix for it? I'm on a Android S7 Edge, using the latest Chrome Update.Eredarii2 Jul 13
Jul 10 App showing different rewards (pic) The mission is showing one item but when clicked on to send followers out on it, it shows a different item. http://imgur.com/gallery/HZNyZdE *This is on my paladin*Happii3 Jul 10
Jul 9 MDI Characters showing in app and undeletable I am no longer competing in the MDI and as such I no longer have access to the tournament realms. However in my legion companion app I still see all of the characters I created. I have no way to delete them and they're annoying to have to scroll past every time I use the app. I'm looking for a way to remove them. https://imgur.com/a/7jm7mOKImtwelvehaha0 Jul 9
Jul 7 Why force a App I do not need or can not use? Why do you insist I use a Mobile App when I have not Mobil Phone and do not ever need one?Carbonic4 Jul 7
Jun 30 Blizz authentication app problems I am on my pc now not my phone accessing the forums. Just a notice before people get crazy and say i'm breaking the rules. My blizz authentication app keeps saying that i am not connected to the internet. Uninstalled it and reinstalled it, nothing. Turned on wifi, turned off data nothing, Turned off wifi, turned data on nothing. What should i do?Lunnaya2 Jun 30
Jun 30 One Touch Authentication Broken I was just wondering if anyone else was still having issues with one touch authentication with the Blizzard Authenticator app? I saw a post several days ago saying that it was a known issue and it was being worked on, but then haven't seen any more updates. For me, when I use the one touch authentication, the blue design on the log in screen spins for a few seconds, but then just boots me back to the screen asking for my username and password. I can still log in by entering the authentication code manually. Just curious if I'm the only one still having issues or if this is something still being worked on.Nadilyn3 Jun 30
Jun 24 Legion app: cant upgrade recruit ilvls I have the items, i click to use them, nothing happensThesteve7 Jun 24
Jun 22 [Resolved] Frost Crux work order missing [See my 2nd post below] I have the Frost Wyrm class hall upgrade researched (on my DK on this license); however, the option to start the Frost Crux work order on the legion app isn't present. https://postimg.org/image/uq3ebw5x7/ I suspect it should be since the Focusing Crystal work ordser is present on my Mage.Levíathan3 Jun 22
Jun 22 WOW Armory AH WOW Armory Auction House Problem. I can no longer access the auction house for any of my characters. The auction house botton is no longer present in the App. Please look into this. Thank You and God Bless.Dansebar1 Jun 22
Jun 21 200% mission failing to get bonus roll Some people are reporting that you may fail to get the bonus roll for Order Hall missions on the Legion Companion app even if you have a 200% success chance for it. Please fix!Roduin9 Jun 21
Jun 15 Companion App Hello good evening So I’m having a problem with the conpanion app with one of my characters. When I tap to collect the reward from the chest, I can’t open it and makes two of my followers unable to use. I already uninstalled and reinstalled from the app store and the problem still persist. Is there something I have to do to fix this? ThanksMaxidian0 Jun 15
Jun 14 Armory App not working? Armory app has not worked since patch. Any updates or status on it ?Casbar7 Jun 14
Jun 13 Legion companion app bugged - log in I’ve had this problem before and for some reason it comes and goes; As of late; this started up shortly before the server shutdown (est) and now 12h later it’s still down. I looked up any comments online and outage issues; nothing so far. Anyone else with this issue (or history of)? Legion app on iPhone 06/12/2018Amheh3 Jun 13