Mobile Bug Report

Apr 13 Greetings from Blizzard Mobile! Hello Everyone! My name is Liogela, and I am the new Mobile Bug Report Forums moderator. To give you a brief background on myself, I am a representative and employee of the Blizzard Quality Assurance department. I have been with the department for over 4 years and have been involved as a tester and/or leader on several of our major titles over that time span. I am now working specifically with the Blizzard Mobile QA and Development teams and will act as your liaison to the Mobile testing team. While our Quality Assurance team works very hard to help make our apps as clean as possible, our resources can never match the thousands upon thousands of users of our apps. That's where you come in! These forums have always been one of the best places for QA to get reports from the players. The reports logged here go directly to our testing team who research them in controlled environments. Let me assure you that we do read every thread that is posted here. I will try to be as interactive as possible within this community. I am excited for us to work together as we enter the next chapter in the epic saga of Blizzard Mobile Development. Important Threads: How to write a good bug report - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932784199 Guidelines (this one is super important) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/933154110Liogela300 Apr 13
Feb 13 Remote App and Authenticator Release Notes As requested, I have gone ahead and created an unofficial set of release/patch notes for the several released versions of both the Mobile App and the Battle.net Authenticator. I intend to keep this up-to-date with future versions as well. Keep in mind, this is not a complete set of notes due to the fact that I am not involved in the internal development/QA process, so any fixes or changes made that the public are unaware of, I won't be able to log. WoW Remote App Version 3.2.0 (iOS) - November 23rd, 2011 Real-time realm status is now available from the main menu. In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class. Support for Brazilian Portuguese Various bug fixes Version 2.2.2 (Android) - November 23rd, 2011 In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class. Android devices with smaller screen sizes (240x320) are now supported. Support for Brazilian Portuguese Various bug fixes Version 2.1.3 - August 21st, 2011 Added Talent Calculator Version 2.1.1 - July ?th, 2011 ??? Version 2.1.0 - July 19th, 2011 Added Talents & Glyphs, Reputations, Professions, Calendar Events, and Bookmarks Improved search technology Links to items and achievements received in Remote Guild Chat now link to those sections in the app. Links to enchants, quests, abilities, talents, and professions received in Remote Guild Chat now display tool tips. Various bug fixes Version 2.0.3 - May 8th, 2011 AH authenticated actions fail: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456729433#3 Character Not in a Guild: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416208945 Temporarily Unavailable: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2516832162 Version 2.0.2 - May 3rd, 2011 DroidX Freezing: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416120453 Changed logout time: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456730757 Version 2.0.1 - May 2nd, 2011 Force Close: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456476892 Version 2.0.0 - April 25th, 2011 The World of Warcraft Auction House app is now known as the World of Warcraft Remote app, and a number of new features have been added. The new Remote Guild Chat feature allows you to participate in your guild's in-game chat channel in real-time, have one-on-one conversations with members of our guild, and more. Added character sheets Added support for guilds Search for characters, items guilds Bug fixes and UI Improvements At this time, the free preview of Remote Guild Chat is only available to characters on the following game realms: All North/South American and Oceanic Realms All European Realms All Korean Realms ---- Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (iPhone) Version 1.3.1 - June 8th, 2011 Version 1.3.0 - ??? Version 1.0.1 - March 11th, 2010 A new "Copy" feature lets you copy the currently displayed authentication code into your device's clipboard. You can then paste it into other text entry fields, such as when accessing Battle.net Account Management from your mobile. Miscellaneous UI improvements Version 1.0.0 - March 31st, 2009 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Android) Version 1.1.0 - July 5th, 2011 Widget support New "restore" feature Version 1.0.0 - February 10th, 2010 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Windows Phone 7) Version 1.0.0 - July 5th, 2011 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Various Mobile Phones) Version 1.0.0 - July 20th, 2009 Originally released. ________________________________________________ The Chat Gem Lives! Fansite Administrator: DiabloFans, SC2Mapster, SC2ReplayedSixen62 Feb 13
Dec 24, 2014 Battle.net Authenticator Changes I've seen a couple of threads asking about the change to the Authenticator and why they aren't being prompted upon login, so I figured i'd port over the announcement from Zarhym here for those who may have missed it. ... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2674529777 ________________________________________________ The Chat Gem Lives! Fansite Administrator: DiabloFans, SC2Mapster, SC2ReplayedSixen10 Dec 24, 2014
Sep 25, 2016 Unable to Connect to Guild Chat after Paid Service Hello, I've been unable to connect to remote my guild chat through any mobile armory (tried with WiFi and 3G already) not even with an Android Emulator, after we performed a guild name change. I am able to connect to my Bank guild's guild chat, which haven't changed name. As a programmer I believe that this can be caused by some sort of ID problems with the guild name changes. Looking forward for a fix.Anshlun145 Sep 25, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Legion Companion App Known Issues Greetings all, Below is a list of known issues we have for the WoW Legion Companion App. Please note that this list is not complete with every issue we're aware of, but a sample of bugs that we believe will be most visible to players. Social Guild members may appear to be online while using the app. Characters logged into the app can be sent whispers. (App users will not receive messages.) Connection & Performance Device Auto-lock may cause a disconnect and require re-authentication. The app may hang for 5-10 seconds when resuming from a minimized state. Locking the device or losing network connection while logging in may reuqire a full restart for subsequent login attempts. Double clicking the cancel button while logging into a character may cause a disconnect. Users who lock their device while using the app may disconnect themselves from the WoW Client after unlocking it and Auto-reconnect activates. Login button may fail to display text. Display Mission Screen - Available and In-Progress Mission tabs may display scrambled text at times. On screen keyboards may hide input boxes on the credential screen when using smaller devices.Arvaanas0 Sep 6, 2016
Apr 27, 2011 Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not QA Bugs Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not Bugs. There are many issues that are repeatedly reported on these forums to Blizzard that are not considered bugs and should not be posted here in this forum. Please check this list before making a new post in this forum. Many issues that appear to be bugs are actually intended functionality or should be reported in other places. 1. The Mobile Armory does not ask for my Authenticator when I log in. 2. The Mobile Auction House tells me I'm in game when I'm not. 3. I can't whisper anyone on my friends or RealID friends lists with Remote Guild Chat. 4. I just left my guild, but Remote Guild Chat still shows me as a member of that guild. 5. The Character Profile for my sub-level 10 character says my character can't be found. 6. There aren't any timestamps in Remote Guild Chat. 7. I can't see messages sent by my in-game character on Remote Guild Chat when logged into Remote Guild Chat with the same character. 8. Multitasking out of the Remote Guild Chat app immediately logs me off. 9. When I'm in-game, I can't see mobile guild chat messages, but everyone else can. 10. My characters don't show up on the Armory, and I can't use the Auction House, Guild Chat, or Guild modules either. 11. Logging into the Mobile Armory or posting auctions causes my account to become Battle.net Secure LockedLiogela2 Apr 27, 2011
Apr 27, 2011 ★ Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report Forums! ★ Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report forum! The purpose of this forum is primarily to collect issue reports on any Blizzard Mobile app. We greatly appreciate our customers helping us to find issues with our products. As such, this forum is one of your best methods for making us aware of these issues. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. To learn more about the Search tool and how to use it effectively, please visit our blog here: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1123259b">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1123259b</a> Asking for Blue Responses is frowned upon! We do our best to read every thread that's posted on these forums, but we don't always have time to write a response to every post made. Just because your post or thread doesn't have a blue response DOES NOT mean we haven't seen your post or aren't already investigating your issue internally. Please do not bump threads or reply to your posts asking for blue responses to confirm that your posts have been seen! Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and thank you for being part of the greatest gaming community around!Liogela1 Apr 27, 2011
1d Mobile Armory Down Trying to get on and get the spinning wheel. It's been happening all day so far but I don't see anything announced. Reinstalled, rebooted phone already... :/Esefel0 1d
2d Good job! Thanks to blizzard for removing the mobile AH from the armory app. Now us more casual players with playtime constraints, get to choose between doing content, or sitting in the AH to sell our wares. Good job blizzard, good job. I've uninstalled your now useless app, and implore others to do the same. Signed, Mr. Butt hurt level 1000Grakk0 2d
3d Reputation display blank Currently after bringing up a character in the WoW Mobile Armory if the option Reputations is chosen from the drop down you are greeted with an empty listing. No names, no values, just blank. Have tried with my main and my secondary characters. Running the latest version of the Armory app from the Google Play Store on an Android Pixel running 7.1.2.Wayren7 3d
4d Android Error workaround Easy work around... Grab a friend iPhone or some other apple "thing" (really hate Apple.) Get the Authenticator there, log, insert email or sms code, it will log there. Copy the serial number and restore code on Android authenticator, using the "i have a code" bellow everything, and you are back, till they fix this. After that, be sure to disconnect the iPhone authenticator, uninstall it, so the person will not be able to access your account.Deadmanparty0 4d
4d WoW Armory not showing my characters 10370 35 posts 2 days ago I have been having trouble with the Armory for about a week now. Whenever I log in, all my guild buttons are grayed out, and no character is displayed at the bottom. Tapping the "Characters" button informs me that "This account does not have any characters." I have had no problems either logging into the game or using the Legion companion app. So far i have tried: - Resetting the app - Rebooting my phone - Deleting and reinstalling the app - Deleting the app, rebooting my phone, and reinstalling the app After submitting a ticket (US62840033), I have tried the following: - Logging out and back in (about fifteen times at least) - Logging out, changing regions, logging in and back out, and returning to Americas region and logging in again - Password reset - Changing password - Changing account email Nothing has helped. CS told me the only thing left was to post it here. What is going on here? More importantly, how do I fix this problem?Shilihu8 4d
6d Possible exploit with armory app *Edited out to keep from spreading knowledge of an exploit. Mods should be able to see edit history.Funshinebear0 6d
Apr 18 WoW app problem I installed the app, joined guild chat, logged off of guild chat, uninstalled the app on my phone (no other device has the app) But, I'm still logged in on remote chat in guild. I've installed and logged in and out, then uninstalled multiple times, but always the same result. Can anyone provide a solution for this bug?Daoist2 Apr 18
Apr 17 Armory app not loading Armory app not loading past Blizzard Entertainment logo. Let’s it process for 45 mins and still didn’t load to full appJaekwelin0 Apr 17
Apr 17 I can't make the authenticator or SMS protection work. I've installed the blizzard authenticator on my phone but when I try and set it up it just sits on Setting Up for hours. And when I try and set up the SMS protection my number doesn't get accepted. I've tried all permutations I can think of: of area code, country code, without them, with a 0 in front and without one, with a + and without one. Am I botching it up or is it broken ?Toorvald1 Apr 17
Apr 16 Bnet Mobile App Friend Error The Battlenet Mobile App won't let me add a friend. I get the error "Oops, something went wrong." I have the correct Btag (no email address, however.) Have restarted my phone, cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled the app, but still get that error. What do I do as I am away from my Laptop? (My friend is in Discord so I know is online.)Linnarria0 Apr 16
Apr 14 Armory App thinks I have no characters I am unable to access my characters or use the chat functions in the WoW Armory App. Every time I attempt to log in, the top four buttons are greyed out and indicate I’m not part of a guild. I go to the “My Characters” icon, and the resulting screen states “This account has no characters.” All of this is clearly erroneous, given that I can post here, have characters as old as vanilla, and have been playing the game nearly every night for the past several months. I’ve had this issue for several months now, and when I raised it earlier this year on the forums, I was told to chill because the Armory and remote AH were down. Well, those features have since been restored, and yet I’m still unable to view my characters in the Armory App. Please help.Swillbag4 Apr 14
Apr 14 Mobile Auction house retiring I'm getting a bug. A message saying the mobile Auction house is retiring. That can't be right can it? Must be a bug. For I also have a bug in my bank account. It won't let funds transfer to Blizzards unless there's a mobile Auction house app! Hmmm.... what to do, what to do?Yakim7 Apr 14
Apr 13 Can not collect treasure in legion app Hello i am haveing trouble in collecting treasure and completing a mission on the legion app on this charcter. I have re-installed the app multiple times and reset my phone. I am able to collect treasure and finish mission on other charcter. So i dont know whats is wrong and it has not worked for 2 days in a rowJanedo0 Apr 13
Apr 13 Legion app Hello i need help. I can not collect treasure on this chacter and i dont know why. I can collect as per norm on all other char. I tried to re instsall app on ipad and know it wont work at all.Janedo0 Apr 13
Apr 12 WoW Mobile says a 100% bonus failed https://imgur.com/a/odFW3 Hi, it was suggested that I post this here as it may just be a mobile bug and it did not actually fail. I have no way to tell, as I did not note how much gold that char was holding at the time of last login, so nothing to compare it to.Tarc0 Apr 12
Apr 12 Mobile Authenticator Doesn't Work on S9+ So, I recently got me a gorgeous brand new s9+ but when I downloaded the Auth app it just keeps telling me that an unexpected error has occurred. Steps I tried with no results : Restarting the phone Giving the app full permissions Waiting it out Switching from wifi to mobile internet Clearing all app data and deleting then reinstalling Nothing has worked so far, anyone else having this issue?Exerath3 Apr 12
Apr 11 Android Authenticator don't work Just to let you know that the Android Blizzard Authenticator don't work, it crash right after or sometime before to enter the login information. Desinstalled it and reinstalled it, and still the same thing. A lot of bug comments on Google Play. You should check that out. Thanks PatrickVorhaut3 Apr 11
Apr 11 Android Blizzard Authenticator not working Just to let you know that the Android Blizzard Authenticator don't work, it crash right after or sometime before to enter the login information. Desinstalled it and reinstalled it, and still the same thing. A lot of bug comments on Google Play. You should check that out. Thanks PatrickVorhaut0 Apr 11
Apr 11 Legion companion app disconnects constantly Not sure what's happening but every time I log into the companion app to do my missions, it DCs. It disconnects me within 2-10 seconds. It has been doing this for days now for unknown reasons.Valorath0 Apr 11
Apr 9 Armory reputation tab I was surprised to find that as of the last update, I haven’t been able to access any of the reputation pages for my characters. According to the app, they’re all blank. As that obviously can’t be true, I’m a little disappointed that a game of this capacity isn’t supported by a decent mobile-friendly app.Lunathriel0 Apr 9
Apr 7 Armory App not loading characters I downloaded the app, accessed my account, none of my characters pop up at all. Is this a known issue?Threxx0 Apr 7
Apr 5 Erro Autenticador Móvel Blizzard Hi, I'm trying to buy the character boost from the online service shop, but since I can't add more tokens to my Blizzard Balance I need to install the Mobile Authenticator. I've tried to install it more than 10 times, I reset my password, restarted my phone, opened a ticket in game, and still can't get this app working. Here's what happens: I download the app (in portuguese-Brazil) from Play Store, install it, when I enter my blizzard email and password i get the message: "Erro... Ocorreu um erro inesperado. Tente novamente mais tarde." After that, it won't let me change the login info. Every time I try to log with my blizzard account I get the same error. Help me please.Exothus0 Apr 5
Apr 4 Mobile Armory 8.0 not loading on iOS 11.3 Was running the app earlier today on my iPhone 6s on iOS 11.3 without any issue. My app updates are set to manual. I updated the Mobile Armory to 8.0 from 7.3.5 and now when I run the app, it gets caught on the Blizzard logo with a spinning loading circle. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app and restarting my phone. Also made sure I was on the most recent OS. Nothing so far has worked. Looking for some kind of solution if possible. Maybe a way to download the previous version.Taux13 Apr 4
Apr 3 Armory App Saying I don't have characters So, after reading the Bug Reports forum, they say that I should post this in another forum. Since there isn't direct support for the Armory App, I think I am in the correct place on the forums for this. Here is what I have done: 1. Logged out and back in. 2. Changed the region. (I had one of my kids do this to me a long time ago and remembered that this could have happened again). 3. Restarted my phone. 4. Ensured that the app was closed and restarted it. 5. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. 6. Uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, then reinstalled the app. (Current version is 8.0.0) Basically, the only functions that I have access to in the app are the ones that don't require character use, for example "Realm Status" or "Item Finder". Nothing else is working and it tells me that I don't have any characters on this account.Morduncan1 Apr 3
Apr 2 Armory removed from iphone store Armory removed from Iphone store. It was on my phone but wouldn’t open, it just provided the loading circle. I deleted the app and was going to re-install it and it isn’t in the iphone store. This is for an iphone 6. Anyone else having this problem?Vinvi8 Apr 2
Apr 1 Armory-not logged in recently message Armory calendar for characters shows i have no logged in recently- cannot open guild roster or calendar to check for evwnts. I can use the AH though I have logged in recentlyÀglaica0 Apr 1
Apr 1 WOW armory reputation bug WOW mobile armory not showing any reputations. It’s just a blank page! Is this a bug? I’ve seen a few similar issues posted about! Thanks for help :)Renorelyn4 Apr 1
Mar 31 Avatars in mobile Armory. Why do they not show? They've just been black shadowed out versions of the race we are. Nightborne don't even have that, they just have a question mark for an avatar.Nite2 Mar 31
Mar 31 No Authenticator notification on new phone I just upgraded from a Samsung S7 to an S9 and all my apps were copied over. When I tried to log in to WoW, I didn't get a notification like I did on my old phone, but was able to go to the Authenicator app and approve it. I've checked that notifications were turned on in the app and under Settings for the phone. Am I missing something?Hogahn0 Mar 31
Mar 30 Armory app showing logged in. For the past couple days the mobile armory app has been showing my toons on one server as in-game but i can change to a toon on another server a use the AH just fine, I've made sure I've logged out of the game and both the mobile armory and companion app as well and waited a few minutes before trying to use the armory app to do auctions and still no luck with my toons on WA server.Valeríus15 Mar 30
Mar 29 Consolidating Mobile Applications I have a suggestion on what I would like to see coming in BFA. I don't know where this should go, but I have a folder full of apps World of Warcraft related, all of which are created by Blizzard. I would love to see one app. It would be excellent on my honest opinion. Consolidating Armory which I love, and whatever WQ/Legion Companion/BFA app.Wont1 Mar 29
Mar 28 Block the Rook: 1 Billion Artifact Power Mission - Block the Rook, shows reward as [Dried Worldtree Seeds], when clicked the tooltip reads "Grants 1 billion Artifact Power to your currently equipped Artifact". I have screen shots if needed, I am assuming this is a mistake. Thank you, AnthonyRedeemedd1 Mar 28
Mar 28 Remote Auction House "Logged In" Whenever I try to sell something from the Remote Auction House it immediately tells my that I am currently logged into the game and must log out, which I am only logged into the WoW AppWeïlyn5 Mar 28
Mar 25 Connection error when purchasing on mobile AH Please fix, getting really annoyingGravanel3 Mar 25
Mar 23 Legion App and Order hall missions. I had another thread for this but I cannot find it, it was a week or two ago I think. Anyway, I have a quest to raise 6 followers to 950 ilevel. When using the mobile app (legion companion) the quests don't show. I was able to get them to show up in my order hall by actually logging in to game. I can complete it in the mobile app but the next one doesn't show up in the app. I've waited 48 hours for it too but once I login to game on my PC, it's there. Is this a known issue with the mobile app? I've tried uninstalling the app and re-installing but it did not help :(Holyrak0 Mar 23
Mar 23 Legion App Mission not completing Mission Another Rat Problem is not updating as complete. Started in app. Finished in game. Deleted app cache (android). Still there. Deleted app completely. Installed again, to find it there still.Naz0 Mar 23
Mar 21 Bodyguard assignment I was attempting to assign a bodyguard on my mage. She has, apparently, 7 options. That's too many for the app to handle. The screen does not scroll; I cannot select the one at the bottom which is the one I want to assign, and the menu is completely gone. The only way off the page is to force-close the app.Solitha0 Mar 21
Mar 20 Legion Companion - Unstable, Buggy, Lacking These issues have been occurring since the app has been released, still happen all the time, and are apparently not "known issues". After switching characters, Character is already logged in. I see this message way too often. I do missions on one toon, switch to the next and get kicked out with this message. All characters are effected. I am not logged into the game. This goes on for 10-20 minutes. Some characters are Unable to Connect, others work perfectly fine. After the problem goes away, a new one appears (I am assuming that it is unrelated). I can access all my characters on the realm Stormrage, but characters on Bleeding Hollow and Emerald Dream are "Unable to Connect". All realms are online. Sometimes missions are completed but unable to open and finish on the app. Sometimes troop spots are available for training but unable to recruit. It doesn't matter what I do to try and fix this (reboot phone, force close app, log out / log in) I am forced to log in to the game to finish the mission/train troops. World quests and order hall followers lack detail. There is no information on how many Blood of Sargeras a world quest will award. Order hall followers do not show the bonuses they have for any given mission, only their base counters. Really frustrating. Running on Android 5.1Fahdal0 Mar 20
Mar 20 M Armory Development ...This is and old quote and it may not be the case anymore. If so, I apologize. In one of the panels at this past Blizzcon, Ion mentioned that work would be going into the mobile apps (an example was to make the two cooperate so that logging into one wouldn't impede using the other). If development on those is still something that is being planned: Can changing characters in the mobile armory please stop changing the posting characters on the forums? Even if the Armory is tied to the webpages for its info, if the character changing can somehow be coded out, that would be great.Levíathan0 Mar 20
Mar 19 Wow Armory Guild Character Search Nothing game breaking, just something I found interesting/easy to fix. I was looking up someone from a guild I saw, using the wow armory guild search feature, and the default level range for the search is 1-100, where it should obviously be 1-110. Just checked now, and the same "problem" applies to the desktop version as well. Not a big deal, just a way to improve.Roflcoptor3 Mar 19
Mar 19 Constant Authentication Requests Why do i have to authenticate every time i log in? Not to mention its seems to log me off after i switch between characters. This app cant do anything malicious, there needs to be something on your authentication app to stop this app from requiring it. Going from Legion app to authentication app to approve will just cancel your login and require you to login AGAIN. Using SMS works but after switching characters for the second time in a 5 min span, i was logged out and prompty to log back in with authentication again. Like really???Chaïnfury0 Mar 19
Mar 18 WoW Armory Action House Charges So I couldn't figure out why so much of my gold was disappearing until I noticed when selling items through the remote auction house it seems to be deducting your buy out price as the deposit amount. I was selling something for around 50g and the deposit showed as 8 silver. When I hit sell this item 50 gold disappeared. People on the EU forum are reporting this too, but it won't let me post there for some reason: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17618112794 I've lost almost 200 gold in the last week and thought I was going crazy. Can this be looked into please? Cheers.Flattop4 Mar 18
Mar 18 Class Hall upgrade- troops disappear After starting the upgrade to class Hall IV my elementals disappeared along with my apprentices. Logging in again I had the option to train more, although none would start. After another log in, it says I have all training slots taken although none of the trained troops appear for quest initiation. Previously (before upgrade- 5/5 named champions), the elementals were also available to be dispensed on quests, while the apprentices were not. Now, nothing appears besides my regular champions.Castìgo1 Mar 18