Mobile Bug Report

Apr 13 Greetings from Blizzard Mobile! Hello Everyone! My name is Liogela, and I am the new Mobile Bug Report Forums moderator. To give you a brief background on myself, I am a representative and employee of the Blizzard Quality Assurance department. I have been with the department for over 4 years and have been involved as a tester and/or leader on several of our major titles over that time span. I am now working specifically with the Blizzard Mobile QA and Development teams and will act as your liaison to the Mobile testing team. While our Quality Assurance team works very hard to help make our apps as clean as possible, our resources can never match the thousands upon thousands of users of our apps. That's where you come in! These forums have always been one of the best places for QA to get reports from the players. The reports logged here go directly to our testing team who research them in controlled environments. Let me assure you that we do read every thread that is posted here. I will try to be as interactive as possible within this community. I am excited for us to work together as we enter the next chapter in the epic saga of Blizzard Mobile Development. Important Threads: How to write a good bug report - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932784199 Guidelines (this one is super important) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/933154110Liogela300 Apr 13
Feb 13 Remote App and Authenticator Release Notes As requested, I have gone ahead and created an unofficial set of release/patch notes for the several released versions of both the Mobile App and the Battle.net Authenticator. I intend to keep this up-to-date with future versions as well. Keep in mind, this is not a complete set of notes due to the fact that I am not involved in the internal development/QA process, so any fixes or changes made that the public are unaware of, I won't be able to log. WoW Remote App Version 3.2.0 (iOS) - November 23rd, 2011 Real-time realm status is now available from the main menu. In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class. Support for Brazilian Portuguese Various bug fixes Version 2.2.2 (Android) - November 23rd, 2011 In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class. Android devices with smaller screen sizes (240x320) are now supported. Support for Brazilian Portuguese Various bug fixes Version 2.1.3 - August 21st, 2011 Added Talent Calculator Version 2.1.1 - July ?th, 2011 ??? Version 2.1.0 - July 19th, 2011 Added Talents & Glyphs, Reputations, Professions, Calendar Events, and Bookmarks Improved search technology Links to items and achievements received in Remote Guild Chat now link to those sections in the app. Links to enchants, quests, abilities, talents, and professions received in Remote Guild Chat now display tool tips. Various bug fixes Version 2.0.3 - May 8th, 2011 AH authenticated actions fail: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456729433#3 Character Not in a Guild: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416208945 Temporarily Unavailable: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2516832162 Version 2.0.2 - May 3rd, 2011 DroidX Freezing: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416120453 Changed logout time: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456730757 Version 2.0.1 - May 2nd, 2011 Force Close: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456476892 Version 2.0.0 - April 25th, 2011 The World of Warcraft Auction House app is now known as the World of Warcraft Remote app, and a number of new features have been added. The new Remote Guild Chat feature allows you to participate in your guild's in-game chat channel in real-time, have one-on-one conversations with members of our guild, and more. Added character sheets Added support for guilds Search for characters, items guilds Bug fixes and UI Improvements At this time, the free preview of Remote Guild Chat is only available to characters on the following game realms: All North/South American and Oceanic Realms All European Realms All Korean Realms ---- Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (iPhone) Version 1.3.1 - June 8th, 2011 Version 1.3.0 - ??? Version 1.0.1 - March 11th, 2010 A new "Copy" feature lets you copy the currently displayed authentication code into your device's clipboard. You can then paste it into other text entry fields, such as when accessing Battle.net Account Management from your mobile. Miscellaneous UI improvements Version 1.0.0 - March 31st, 2009 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Android) Version 1.1.0 - July 5th, 2011 Widget support New "restore" feature Version 1.0.0 - February 10th, 2010 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Windows Phone 7) Version 1.0.0 - July 5th, 2011 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Various Mobile Phones) Version 1.0.0 - July 20th, 2009 Originally released. ________________________________________________ The Chat Gem Lives! Fansite Administrator: DiabloFans, SC2Mapster, SC2ReplayedSixen62 Feb 13
Dec 24, 2014 Battle.net Authenticator Changes I've seen a couple of threads asking about the change to the Authenticator and why they aren't being prompted upon login, so I figured i'd port over the announcement from Zarhym here for those who may have missed it. ... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2674529777 ________________________________________________ The Chat Gem Lives! Fansite Administrator: DiabloFans, SC2Mapster, SC2ReplayedSixen10 Dec 24, 2014
Sep 25, 2016 Unable to Connect to Guild Chat after Paid Service Hello, I've been unable to connect to remote my guild chat through any mobile armory (tried with WiFi and 3G already) not even with an Android Emulator, after we performed a guild name change. I am able to connect to my Bank guild's guild chat, which haven't changed name. As a programmer I believe that this can be caused by some sort of ID problems with the guild name changes. Looking forward for a fix.Anshlun145 Sep 25, 2016
Aug 13 Known Issues List - 8/13/18 Hello all, Below is a list of known issues for the updated 2.0 WoW Companion App. I will update it if more issues are discovered: General The game will reconnect require a reconnect if you switch focus off the app. Android: If English is one of your input languages, the app may default to English regardless of phone language. Legion content is currently no available through the mobile app.Itzali0 Aug 13
Sep 6, 2016 Legion Companion App Known Issues Greetings all, Below is a list of known issues we have for the WoW Legion Companion App. Please note that this list is not complete with every issue we're aware of, but a sample of bugs that we believe will be most visible to players. Social Guild members may appear to be online while using the app. Characters logged into the app can be sent whispers. (App users will not receive messages.) Connection & Performance Device Auto-lock may cause a disconnect and require re-authentication. The app may hang for 5-10 seconds when resuming from a minimized state. Locking the device or losing network connection while logging in may reuqire a full restart for subsequent login attempts. Double clicking the cancel button while logging into a character may cause a disconnect. Users who lock their device while using the app may disconnect themselves from the WoW Client after unlocking it and Auto-reconnect activates. Login button may fail to display text. Display Mission Screen - Available and In-Progress Mission tabs may display scrambled text at times. On screen keyboards may hide input boxes on the credential screen when using smaller devices.Arvaanas0 Sep 6, 2016
Apr 27, 2011 Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not QA Bugs Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not Bugs. There are many issues that are repeatedly reported on these forums to Blizzard that are not considered bugs and should not be posted here in this forum. Please check this list before making a new post in this forum. Many issues that appear to be bugs are actually intended functionality or should be reported in other places. 1. The Mobile Armory does not ask for my Authenticator when I log in. 2. The Mobile Auction House tells me I'm in game when I'm not. 3. I can't whisper anyone on my friends or RealID friends lists with Remote Guild Chat. 4. I just left my guild, but Remote Guild Chat still shows me as a member of that guild. 5. The Character Profile for my sub-level 10 character says my character can't be found. 6. There aren't any timestamps in Remote Guild Chat. 7. I can't see messages sent by my in-game character on Remote Guild Chat when logged into Remote Guild Chat with the same character. 8. Multitasking out of the Remote Guild Chat app immediately logs me off. 9. When I'm in-game, I can't see mobile guild chat messages, but everyone else can. 10. My characters don't show up on the Armory, and I can't use the Auction House, Guild Chat, or Guild modules either. 11. Logging into the Mobile Armory or posting auctions causes my account to become Battle.net Secure LockedLiogela2 Apr 27, 2011
Apr 27, 2011 ★ Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report Forums! ★ Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report forum! The purpose of this forum is primarily to collect issue reports on any Blizzard Mobile app. We greatly appreciate our customers helping us to find issues with our products. As such, this forum is one of your best methods for making us aware of these issues. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. To learn more about the Search tool and how to use it effectively, please visit our blog here: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1123259b">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1123259b</a> Asking for Blue Responses is frowned upon! We do our best to read every thread that's posted on these forums, but we don't always have time to write a response to every post made. Just because your post or thread doesn't have a blue response DOES NOT mean we haven't seen your post or aren't already investigating your issue internally. Please do not bump threads or reply to your posts asking for blue responses to confirm that your posts have been seen! Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and thank you for being part of the greatest gaming community around!Liogela1 Apr 27, 2011
1h Feature request: Show Warfront progress Sorry if this isn't the right place. It's the only mobile app-related board I found. As the title suggests, now that Warfronts are out, it would be great if the main map (that shows the World Quests) would also show the Warfront contribution progress, like the in-game map. Thanks!Extrabacon1 1h
2h WoW Armory not showing my characters 10370 35 posts 2 days ago I have been having trouble with the Armory for about a week now. Whenever I log in, all my guild buttons are grayed out, and no character is displayed at the bottom. Tapping the "Characters" button informs me that "This account does not have any characters." I have had no problems either logging into the game or using the Legion companion app. So far i have tried: - Resetting the app - Rebooting my phone - Deleting and reinstalling the app - Deleting the app, rebooting my phone, and reinstalling the app After submitting a ticket (US62840033), I have tried the following: - Logging out and back in (about fifteen times at least) - Logging out, changing regions, logging in and back out, and returning to Americas region and logging in again - Password reset - Changing password - Changing account email Nothing has helped. CS told me the only thing left was to post it here. What is going on here? More importantly, how do I fix this problem?Shilihu15 2h
12h Heads Up Everyone. The App is Bugged! Just got the confirmation from a GM, the Cell phone APP is INDEED bugged! You dont get the BONUS ROLLS from the missions. So, you can send the missions on your phone, but DONT complete them! I have lost TONS on rep from Honorbound because of this. But the GM said he is fixing the team is working on a fix. But still... all my rep... :(Geyarah192 12h
15h [Suggestion] Please add to the app Can we get the dungeon journal added to the app please? This would be an awesome addition to it.Kelirian0 15h
22h Mission stuck for a week Ticket Number: US64978236 On the BfA companion app I have had a mission stuck completed for a week on one of my characters. I opened a ticket with support (had to use "Quests" subsection) I was sent a response that said they are too busy to help with Quests and they actually gave me the wowhead.com url and said the ticket would be closed. This is a mission that is stuck, in both mobile and when I go in game to the mission table on the boat. I am unable to progress on War Campaign and unable to open flight paths because those require Companions that are locked in this mission. I can't acquire new missions to complete because of this. So my character is not only stuck unable to complete missions but stuck unable to progress in war campaign at all. While others in guild and game leave me in the dust. Please unstick this mission or provide instructions on how I can do it myself. Thanks!Yorek1 22h
1d App Crashes The App Crashes right when I start it. It gets to the rock and azerite load screen. I have an Android, and legion worked fine, but once I updated for BFA it just crashes. I restarted phone, reinstalled, cleared cache, cleaned app memory and tried opening 20 times. Wondering if android version is too old, but i downloaded update just fine so idk.Arkazan35 1d
1d Companion app recruit problem Companion App. Can not recruit troops. Also it consumes my 25 resources, but I never receive them. So I tried it a few times. Probably lost a few hundred resources. According to the app. I am not able to access the game on a desktop for a few days to check if it shows the used resources. Any solutions?Deider35 1d
1d Wow companion app won't log in I put in my username and password into the companion app, it sends an authentication request to my authenticator, I approve it and then when I go back to the app nothing happens. The screen stays on the authentication request screen even after I approved it.Ditka2 1d
2d Unable to View Character Everything in my BfA app works fine except when I try to view my character’s gear (top left menu, select character name) it says “Unable to view Character”. Is anybody else getting this error or have a fix?Dougmarcaida2 2d
4d WoW Companion App 2.0, no Legion There is no way to look at the Legion content (maps, invasions, world quests, missions) The app was working fine, then updated and it all disappeared for BfA content. Is there a toggle or a button somewhere that can go back to the old setup?Nariel30 4d
4d Cannot complete missions Using the legion app, it shows that all my followers are on a mission that is complete when I view my folowers, and it shows 0 missions are on the in progress screen.Dawnofthedon2 4d
4d Finished mission stuck Hello, Earlier today I sent my only follower on a mission, which is not only finished but I've also picked the reward in game, however the app is stuck on that mission, it says it's complete and that I need to pick the reward, but it won't let me, it also won't let me send my follower on any other missions because it thinks the follower is still on a mission even though she isn't. It also won't let me recruit the two troops that expired because it also thinks these troops are on the same mission. Info in case it's relevant: I'm using the Android app on a Zenfone 3 with Android 8.0.1. Auto updates are on, so the app is in the latest version available on the app store. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it did not fix the issue. And on a side note: why was the legion class hall missions removed from the app? Many people are still doing these for the rep tokens...Áysha3 4d
5d Companion App Issues The App will open, show the blizzard logo and get to the blue stone-y screen only to immediately close. It's still running but will not get passed this point. I'm using an LG Android phone and I don't know what could cause this.Ishini11 5d
6d Companion App does not work on Chromebook Legion app worked fine, has not worked since BfA update. Google Play states it is compatible but attempting to run results in the app crashing shortly after the splash screen. You can JUST see the grey background where it would normally come up with the "connecting" spinner.Fartatotem0 6d
6d Emissary rewards shown Tooltip showing emissary reward now showing different item than in gameBlessonline0 6d
6d Wow companion app cannot connect I have wifi that's working. Can't seem to connect to the wow companion app. I even tried it using my data. Same error cannot connect.Leens0 6d
Sep 10 Ruinous Bolt Bugged The azerite trait "Ruinous bolt" when it procs in combat it pulls everything even if your not in combat with it. it makes doing any dungeon extremely frustrating when the entire area gets pulled.Ravenslord4 Sep 10
Sep 10 Problems when collecting missions I have problems with the app, I have sent the missions of champions and having completed them does not let me pick up the booty so it does not allow me to use the champions again. I sent tikets to support with the corresponding photos and they redirected me to here. I have reinstalled the app and it continues without changing anything. This problem arose 2 days ago.Indaxtexma0 Sep 10
Sep 10 CAN WE GET A FEATURE ROADMAP?!? So when can we expect the calendar feature to go live? That would be really useful. A lot of people are expecting the mobile armory and the remote auction house to make a comeback in the all in one companion app. It would also be nice to be able to track world quests and missions from legion since you know we need a ton of rep to unlock some of the allied races. So what’s the plan with this app? A feature roadmap would clear all of this up and would make me more patient with the app. But it’s buggy, and nearly featureless. Heck the character viewer doesn’t even tell you your item level.Necrovegeta0 Sep 10
Sep 9 Open app, download stops at 50% After the most recent update to the companion app (v 2.0.27488), when I open the app, it starts up to a Downloading screen, the bar loads till about 50% and stops, the app then becomes unresponsive. Support recommended that I wipe my phone and try again. That didn’t work, the next recommendation was to post here, any suggestions? Using iPhone X with most recent OSSkeetervalen1 Sep 9
Sep 7 1-Click two-factor authentication isn't working Open Blizzard launcher. Type in account password. I have two-factor authentication using my iPhone app enabled, so that screen launches, showing the code. I launch the app on my phone. Code matches, so I tap "Approve" (or whatever it says). Blizzard launcher then...circles back to where I need to type in my password. Again. EVERY TIME. I know the workaround for this--namely, just go the 2 or 3 extra steps and manually type in the 8-9 digit code. But c'mon, guys--this was an issue back in June, and it's still an issue today. Either do away with the 1-Click option, or figure out the underlying issue.Miusterne0 Sep 7
Sep 6 Companion App Crashing on resource filtering When I'm logged into the WoW Companion App and navigate to the world quest filtering options the game closes after a brief pause. Application doesn't crash as it still remains active in the system tray; however the application does minimize and I'm forced to log back in. Upon logging back in, character says its already logged in. (this may be another bug entirely) To negate the character already logged in, I have to log into another character; then log back into the main character. Device information: Model: Samsung Galaxy S7 standard (not edge) [model number: SM-G930W8] Android Version: Nougat 7.0Rubinxt3 Sep 6
Sep 5 WoW Companion App Bug On the WoW companion app when I am recruiting troops the app shows that my war resources are spent but none of the troops are recruited. I have done it twice now trying to recruit 3 troops for a total wasted amount of 150 war resources. I'm at work currently so I have not had the opportunity to check if this change is reflected in game.Frostaìds0 Sep 5
Sep 5 WOW Legion Companion problem. I am not finding any answers. I have tried different forums and everyone seems to asking the same question, but I don't see any answers. I cannot find any specific info on the android app for wow legion companion. Most are complaining about the never connecting problem. And that is a problem, but my problem is after I connect and log on. It tells me, No Missions available at this time, No Recruits available, and No War Resources .. ??? I have deleted and reloaded the app three times. Can anyone tell me how to fix this ? It was running just fine before the big change.Killroy4 Sep 5
Sep 5 Troops not receieved I recruited troops on the app and never received the troops. I ended up losing all of my resources from trying to recruit troops from the app.Mogemius7 Sep 5
Sep 5 New Update Force Caps on Login Updated the app and when I try to log in the app is forcing caps, but my password has lowercase in it. When i try to put in my password to get into my account it always errors out because it is forced into capital letter. Any way around this so I can log in? Edit: I am on android version 7.0 if that is helpfulLilojigsaw4 Sep 5
Sep 5 Outpost upgrade not working I recently finished some outpost upgrade using the app. But when I go in game there are no upgrade quest show up. And the mission is gone table now.Mairil0 Sep 5
Sep 5 Lost War resources I used the recruit troops and it didn’t give me troops. Then I closed and reopened the app and was missing 125 resources.Royji1 Sep 5
Sep 4 Legion companion app issues.. 1. Enable sfx button seems to not be working as in sfx is on regardless oh whether the box is ticked or not 2. Graphic for essence missions on iOS is currently not working 3. No access to change characters. Previously you would click on the toon top right corner and an option to change characters would come up, this no longer exists and the “log out” button which currently comes up returns you to the load screen and if you then try to change accounts, it logs you right back into the character you were on. These problems exist for me on both iOS and Android. I’ve tried deleting the app on both and reinstalling with no change. Is anyone else having these problems?Chalem36 Sep 4
Sep 3 Mission success Biilgewater sabotage Small Azerite quest offered today. Type: stealth Add Magister Umbria, counters one ability, success changes to 90% Add blood fang stalkers, counters second ability, success drops to 25% Removed blood fang stalkers, added Kelsey steel spark, counters nothing, success now at 145% Add bloodfang stalkers, which counters that second, and success drops once more to 50% Seems something is not registering here...Moirasha1 Sep 3
Sep 3 Trouble with Companion App Hello, As of two days ago I am no longer able to log onto my main character in my companion app, only my alts. The game will either say that character is already logged in or flat our crash and go to the phone screen. I have already reinstalled the app and changed my blizzard password because I saw prior issues like this for Legion but those have no helped. I also heard it may be an issue with the boat upgrades? please help!Stormboli2 Sep 3
Sep 2 Follower gear procs? Hi, When using the mobile app (iOS 11.4.1/iPhone X) if your follower has profession gear equipped, how can you tell if that mission proced any items? (Fish,herbs, etc)? I think in WoD (I could be wrong) it gave you a little bag, they you opened in game, so you could tell if you got anything. Is the only way currently, to basicly count your stuff before you quit the game, then recount when you login after using the mobile app? Or am I missing something? Thanks.Gurukaos0 Sep 2
Aug 31 Starting companion App missions I have been unable to start missions with the new Companion app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but I can not begin a mission. I have clicked on a follower and everything I can think of but I can not assign a follower to a mission. Any ideas?Asukazil0 Aug 31
Aug 30 Mobile App Not Working on Iphone 6? I updated the mobile app today, and it just keeps making me re-enter my login info and re-authenticate. Sometimes it just get stucks at logging in (spinning gears). Is the App down, or is there an issue with iphone 6 plus? Any help would be app-preciated. ;)Primalbeast8 Aug 30
Aug 30 Wolves Den Upgrade Broken Wolves Den Upgrade for Horde flight point in Kul Tiras quest is broken. You cannot start it you just get a box popup with Generic "Description" Text https://imgur.com/a/3OlaCHrSkylersirius0 Aug 30
Aug 29 Companion App Not Recruiting, Taking Resources I am attempting to recruit two sets of minions from the Companion App. When I recruit them, it takes my War Resources (25 resources each, 50 total). However, I am unable to properly recruit them and send them on missions. Moreover, they do not populate on the screen even though the *green checkmark* shows. I attempted to do this three or four times, and now I still do not have the two sets of minions and my War Resources depleted by ~150 - 200**. **Confirmed by logging in and checking from actual game interface. Someone replying to this and providing me a solution for the Companion App to work would be great (downloaded and reinstalled it twice). It would also be great if my War Resources were restored because of this bug. I thank you for a future blue post and a resolution to my issue.Pharoanx2 Aug 29
Aug 29 Success rate of mission is wrong? Hey everyone. Last night when I was getting ready to log off I started my missions in game. I always make sure that my mission success is at least about 100%. Selecting your main followers already puts missions around 60% anyways. When I got on the app this morning, it said one of my missions had a 40% success rate, and failed. Has anyone else noticed this weird glitch?Frederrick4 Aug 29
Aug 28 no push notification on samsung note 9 as per title, im currently using note 9, but i cant get the push notification on this app or when i do get it it's when im login in the game which is well pointless already ticked in the settings anyone else with the same phone or other phone with similar issues and what's the solution? thanksMuzox0 Aug 28
Aug 27 IOS 12 Beta issue Running the app in the latest public IOS beta, and am unable to collected recruited troops. Any time I attempt to collect any, the progress indicator is indefinitely displayed and closing and reopening the app results in the spot being vacant and having to recruit again. Have lost about 200 resources as a result.Pwnan0 Aug 27
Aug 27 Companion App 200% no Bonus Loot Hopefully i'm not the only one having this bug: I finished the rare follower quest "Goblins in Drustvar!" with 200% mission success and was shown that it failed the bonus loot even though all hazards were countered and it was supposed to be guaranteed. I've already spoken to 3 GM's using the in-game ticket, the last one recommended I make a post here. https://imgur.com/a/9BMso7EÓríon1 Aug 27
Aug 27 BFA Companion APP Incorrect Info I can see my characters, but after selecting it does not show reources, missions, etc.Larth0 Aug 27
Aug 27 Login Requires Subscription Bug I subscribed to Wow but when I try to login to the companion app it still says "Login Requires Subscription." Any help would be appreciated.Realdocbrown3 Aug 27