Mobile Bug Report

Sep 24 Greetings from Blizzard Mobile! Hello Everyone! My name is Liogela, and I am the new Mobile Bug Report Forums moderator. To give you a brief background on myself, I am a representative and employee of the Blizzard Quality Assurance department. I have been with the department for over 4 years and have been involved as a tester and/or leader on several of our major titles over that time span. I am now working specifically with the Blizzard Mobile QA and Development teams and will act as your liaison to the Mobile testing team. While our Quality Assurance team works very hard to help make our apps as clean as possible, our resources can never match the thousands upon thousands of users of our apps. That's where you come in! These forums have always been one of the best places for QA to get reports from the players. The reports logged here go directly to our testing team who research them in controlled environments. Let me assure you that we do read every thread that is posted here. I will try to be as interactive as possible within this community. I am excited for us to work together as we enter the next chapter in the epic saga of Blizzard Mobile Development. Important Threads: How to write a good bug report - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932784199 Guidelines (this one is super important) - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/933154110Liogela301 Sep 24
Feb 13 Remote App and Authenticator Release Notes As requested, I have gone ahead and created an unofficial set of release/patch notes for the several released versions of both the Mobile App and the Battle.net Authenticator. I intend to keep this up-to-date with future versions as well. Keep in mind, this is not a complete set of notes due to the fact that I am not involved in the internal development/QA process, so any fixes or changes made that the public are unaware of, I won't be able to log. WoW Remote App Version 3.2.0 (iOS) - November 23rd, 2011 Real-time realm status is now available from the main menu. In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class. Support for Brazilian Portuguese Various bug fixes Version 2.2.2 (Android) - November 23rd, 2011 In the Browse Items interface, you can now view all items from a particular raid boss and sort items by class. Android devices with smaller screen sizes (240x320) are now supported. Support for Brazilian Portuguese Various bug fixes Version 2.1.3 - August 21st, 2011 Added Talent Calculator Version 2.1.1 - July ?th, 2011 ??? Version 2.1.0 - July 19th, 2011 Added Talents & Glyphs, Reputations, Professions, Calendar Events, and Bookmarks Improved search technology Links to items and achievements received in Remote Guild Chat now link to those sections in the app. Links to enchants, quests, abilities, talents, and professions received in Remote Guild Chat now display tool tips. Various bug fixes Version 2.0.3 - May 8th, 2011 AH authenticated actions fail: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456729433#3 Character Not in a Guild: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416208945 Temporarily Unavailable: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2516832162 Version 2.0.2 - May 3rd, 2011 DroidX Freezing: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416120453 Changed logout time: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456730757 Version 2.0.1 - May 2nd, 2011 Force Close: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456476892 Version 2.0.0 - April 25th, 2011 The World of Warcraft Auction House app is now known as the World of Warcraft Remote app, and a number of new features have been added. The new Remote Guild Chat feature allows you to participate in your guild's in-game chat channel in real-time, have one-on-one conversations with members of our guild, and more. Added character sheets Added support for guilds Search for characters, items guilds Bug fixes and UI Improvements At this time, the free preview of Remote Guild Chat is only available to characters on the following game realms: All North/South American and Oceanic Realms All European Realms All Korean Realms ---- Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (iPhone) Version 1.3.1 - June 8th, 2011 Version 1.3.0 - ??? Version 1.0.1 - March 11th, 2010 A new "Copy" feature lets you copy the currently displayed authentication code into your device's clipboard. You can then paste it into other text entry fields, such as when accessing Battle.net Account Management from your mobile. Miscellaneous UI improvements Version 1.0.0 - March 31st, 2009 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Android) Version 1.1.0 - July 5th, 2011 Widget support New "restore" feature Version 1.0.0 - February 10th, 2010 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Windows Phone 7) Version 1.0.0 - July 5th, 2011 Originally released. Battle.net Mobile Authenticator (Various Mobile Phones) Version 1.0.0 - July 20th, 2009 Originally released. ________________________________________________ The Chat Gem Lives! Fansite Administrator: DiabloFans, SC2Mapster, SC2ReplayedSixen62 Feb 13
Dec 24, 2014 Battle.net Authenticator Changes I've seen a couple of threads asking about the change to the Authenticator and why they aren't being prompted upon login, so I figured i'd port over the announcement from Zarhym here for those who may have missed it. ... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2674529777 ________________________________________________ The Chat Gem Lives! Fansite Administrator: DiabloFans, SC2Mapster, SC2ReplayedSixen10 Dec 24, 2014
Sep 25, 2016 Unable to Connect to Guild Chat after Paid Service Hello, I've been unable to connect to remote my guild chat through any mobile armory (tried with WiFi and 3G already) not even with an Android Emulator, after we performed a guild name change. I am able to connect to my Bank guild's guild chat, which haven't changed name. As a programmer I believe that this can be caused by some sort of ID problems with the guild name changes. Looking forward for a fix.Anshlun145 Sep 25, 2016
Oct 12 Apology for Absence Hello Everyone, Just wanted to write a quick note to apologize for my absence on the forums. I've recently been very ill and although my team had been researching issues, they were unable to post about the status of research. I'm doing better and have been able to return to work so over the next few days I will follow up on reports but please bear with me as I handle many aspects of WoW QA responsiblities and may not always be reply right away. Know we are researching many issues at any given time. Once again, I apologize but hope to start going through reports as soon as possible.Itzali11 Oct 12
Aug 13 Known Issues List - 8/13/18 Hello all, Below is a list of known issues for the updated 2.0 WoW Companion App. I will update it if more issues are discovered: General The game will reconnect require a reconnect if you switch focus off the app. Android: If English is one of your input languages, the app may default to English regardless of phone language. Legion content is currently no available through the mobile app.Itzali0 Aug 13
Sep 6, 2016 Legion Companion App Known Issues Greetings all, Below is a list of known issues we have for the WoW Legion Companion App. Please note that this list is not complete with every issue we're aware of, but a sample of bugs that we believe will be most visible to players. Social Guild members may appear to be online while using the app. Characters logged into the app can be sent whispers. (App users will not receive messages.) Connection & Performance Device Auto-lock may cause a disconnect and require re-authentication. The app may hang for 5-10 seconds when resuming from a minimized state. Locking the device or losing network connection while logging in may reuqire a full restart for subsequent login attempts. Double clicking the cancel button while logging into a character may cause a disconnect. Users who lock their device while using the app may disconnect themselves from the WoW Client after unlocking it and Auto-reconnect activates. Login button may fail to display text. Display Mission Screen - Available and In-Progress Mission tabs may display scrambled text at times. On screen keyboards may hide input boxes on the credential screen when using smaller devices.Arvaanas0 Sep 6, 2016
Apr 27, 2011 Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not QA Bugs Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not Bugs. There are many issues that are repeatedly reported on these forums to Blizzard that are not considered bugs and should not be posted here in this forum. Please check this list before making a new post in this forum. Many issues that appear to be bugs are actually intended functionality or should be reported in other places. 1. The Mobile Armory does not ask for my Authenticator when I log in. 2. The Mobile Auction House tells me I'm in game when I'm not. 3. I can't whisper anyone on my friends or RealID friends lists with Remote Guild Chat. 4. I just left my guild, but Remote Guild Chat still shows me as a member of that guild. 5. The Character Profile for my sub-level 10 character says my character can't be found. 6. There aren't any timestamps in Remote Guild Chat. 7. I can't see messages sent by my in-game character on Remote Guild Chat when logged into Remote Guild Chat with the same character. 8. Multitasking out of the Remote Guild Chat app immediately logs me off. 9. When I'm in-game, I can't see mobile guild chat messages, but everyone else can. 10. My characters don't show up on the Armory, and I can't use the Auction House, Guild Chat, or Guild modules either. 11. Logging into the Mobile Armory or posting auctions causes my account to become Battle.net Secure LockedLiogela2 Apr 27, 2011
Apr 27, 2011 ★ Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report Forums! ★ Welcome to the Mobile Bug Report forum! The purpose of this forum is primarily to collect issue reports on any Blizzard Mobile app. We greatly appreciate our customers helping us to find issues with our products. As such, this forum is one of your best methods for making us aware of these issues. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. To learn more about the Search tool and how to use it effectively, please visit our blog here: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1123259b">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1123259b</a> Asking for Blue Responses is frowned upon! We do our best to read every thread that's posted on these forums, but we don't always have time to write a response to every post made. Just because your post or thread doesn't have a blue response DOES NOT mean we haven't seen your post or aren't already investigating your issue internally. Please do not bump threads or reply to your posts asking for blue responses to confirm that your posts have been seen! Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and thank you for being part of the greatest gaming community around!Liogela1 Apr 27, 2011
1d WoW Companion Update Anyone know when the app is being updated for social, calendar and AH features?Pewgasm1 1d
2d WoW Companion App 2.0, no Legion There is no way to look at the Legion content (maps, invasions, world quests, missions) The app was working fine, then updated and it all disappeared for BfA content. Is there a toggle or a button somewhere that can go back to the old setup?Nariel37 2d
3d Please bring back Legion content to app. Not all of us immediately ran off to the new expansion. I don't understand why we A.) couldn't keep Legion stuff in the app or B.) just have made a new BFA app and left the Legion Companion App alone as it's own thing. It kept me somewhat interested in the game even when I wasn't at home playing. I kept up with my class hall missions and hiring soldiers while at work or out running errands. It was convenient and I used it quite a lot. Without it my progress in the game slowed down and my amount of time spent playing wow dwindled. I feel like it was counter productive to just simply remove it. I get that BFA came out and Blizzard wants people to be playing that content, but if there are people willing and wanting to play older content: why not let us make that choice? Please bring back Legion to the companion app. ( : I'm hoping I'm not the only one that seeks to have it returned.Ghosteroth1 3d
5d Same Missions Is it on purpose or a bug that over mobile I get the exact same missions over and over and over again. I only need three missions, one in each category, to get the achievements, but I only see the same missions. Should I uninstall and reinstall or something?Eranos1 5d
6d Troops not receieved I recruited troops on the app and never received the troops. I ended up losing all of my resources from trying to recruit troops from the app.Mogemius9 6d
Nov 4 Mobile app "Login requires subscription" I am trying to use the companion App but I keep getting the message "Login requires subscription" I purchased one month game time, it is not a monthly subscription. Is that the reason for the message? Do you need a recurring subscription to use the companion app? I'm on an Samsung device, I dojt have the latest expansion at the moment. Thanks!Jackalope3 Nov 4
Nov 2 WoW Companion App not giving rewards Hello, I've used the WoW Companion app a few times now and I noticed when completing missions through it I'm not being my rep or Azerite shards. :(Ailonwy5 Nov 2
Oct 30 Blizz App bug Ever since I was able to get the pre-download for WoW classic server the app doesn't remember which account I last logged into for WoW and I have to go look through the list again.Starscreamer0 Oct 30
Oct 27 [feature request] Faction Reputation It would be nice to see faction reputation in the App. A separate page with these details and also when obtaining reward from missions, seeing whatever reward is given, showing the before value and after value. i.e. reward is Gold: beginning gold + reward gold (total) = new balance reward is Reputation: beginning faction rep + reward faction rep (total) = new balanceGhlin1 Oct 27
Oct 26 Connecting... Connecting... Can you cache credentials/data for just a few seconds? Every time I switch to another app (including the task switcher), the app must reconnect to show my character and the map. Please, cache the data for a little bit. No need to verify its me with every swipe. Maybe you do this because you can't use the app and be logged into the game simultaneously. Just have a force logout option if we want to go from app to the game.Koink1 Oct 26
Oct 26 Difficult to change characters in BfA app I don't know if it is my phone, a Samsung Galaxy 5, but it is very difficult to get the menu to change characters in the BfA mobile app. It seems when I click in the area at the top left with the three lines, the phone thinks I want to "resize the window" or "go back" and the menu only arises after about 20 clicks. Please give me a pull down menu that works! I know you can do it because the one in Legion worked fine.Pyrena1 Oct 26
Oct 25 Can't drag followers to start mission? I am unable to drag any of my followers to start a mission. They just sit there and I have to wait until I am able to get in game. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it has not worked.Revanous1 Oct 25
Oct 25 WoW Armory not showing my characters 10370 35 posts 2 days ago I have been having trouble with the Armory for about a week now. Whenever I log in, all my guild buttons are grayed out, and no character is displayed at the bottom. Tapping the "Characters" button informs me that "This account does not have any characters." I have had no problems either logging into the game or using the Legion companion app. So far i have tried: - Resetting the app - Rebooting my phone - Deleting and reinstalling the app - Deleting the app, rebooting my phone, and reinstalling the app After submitting a ticket (US62840033), I have tried the following: - Logging out and back in (about fifteen times at least) - Logging out, changing regions, logging in and back out, and returning to Americas region and logging in again - Password reset - Changing password - Changing account email Nothing has helped. CS told me the only thing left was to post it here. What is going on here? More importantly, how do I fix this problem?Shilihu18 Oct 25
Oct 19 Adriod app rewards not showing Adriod app not showing rewards only "!" And says all are rewarding gold any help would be greatLothien0 Oct 19
Oct 18 BFA app I would like to know when you guys plan on updating the BFA phone app. Also I think a vast majority of your customers would love it if you brought back the mobile AH.Aston0 Oct 18
Oct 16 Emissary Updates? Login Twice... Why is this a thing? Why do I have to fully login, and then close the app, and open it again so the emissary updates?Drayzen0 Oct 16
Oct 12 Companion App wont let me log in. The companion app says I need subscription to login in. I do have a subscription. I have reinstalled it. And looked on forums with no luck. Please help.Toxicwaltz2 Oct 12
Oct 11 Wow Companion App Anyone know if there has been any update on when the Calendar will be available on the Wow Companion App and do we know if it will be linked to our Guild Calendars?Leadclaw1 Oct 11
Oct 8 Heads Up Everyone. The App is Bugged! Just got the confirmation from a GM, the Cell phone APP is INDEED bugged! You dont get the BONUS ROLLS from the missions. So, you can send the missions on your phone, but DONT complete them! I have lost TONS on rep from Honorbound because of this. But the GM said he is fixing the team is working on a fix. But still... all my rep... :(Geyarah198 Oct 8
Oct 5 Unicode troubles in WoW Companion unicode letters in character names displays incorrect with rus mobile interface https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/280442020554604545/497729843279167498/Screenshot_2018-10-05-14-18-48-002_com.blizzard.wowcompanion.png example: letter Ъ instead of ú for this screenshot this problem was fixed in Legion but it is reproduce againRaúko0 Oct 5
Oct 4 Unable to run the companion app When I open the app a box appears saying “downloading”. The bar doesn’t even make it half way then stops. I minimizes the app for a moment. When I open it again the bar instantly was full but an error appears saying, “unable to load data from device.”Drakkuul1 Oct 4
Oct 3 Wow Armory Guild Character Search Nothing game breaking, just something I found interesting/easy to fix. I was looking up someone from a guild I saw, using the wow armory guild search feature, and the default level range for the search is 1-100, where it should obviously be 1-110. Just checked now, and the same "problem" applies to the desktop version as well. Not a big deal, just a way to improve.Roflcoptor5 Oct 3
Oct 2 World of Warcraft Companion App. Auto closing When I open the app it will shut down as soon as it is fully loaded. I attempted to restart my phone and then turned my phone off waited a bit and turned it on again. Still the same issue.Crisix13 Oct 2
Sep 30 Wow companion app bug with recruits I've lost a bunch of troops and resources today. In app, everytime a click on a troop that is ready, it doesn't get sent to my troop list, and upon reloading the app, the troop slot is now empty, ready to be recruited. I nearly emptied out my resources over the course of the day before I realized what was happening. I haven't tried picking them up in game yet. This started with the reset today, no idea if it's related.Xiloclipse2 Sep 30
Sep 30 Companion App Doesn't Work in Japan I have been in Japan for several weeks now and anticipate living here for a year. I've been searching through the forums and can't seem to find the same issue. Whenever I log into the Companion App, it will attempt to sign me in, but fails and states that it "Cannot connect to Battle.net servers". I've tried uninstalling and installing again, by its still the same issue. I never had this problem before while I was in Canada, so I wanted to know if it was somehow an issue with Japan?Kaitoi0 Sep 30
Sep 27 Legion Companion App - can't open Since returning to the game last month, my companion app gives me a "downloading" bar every time I try and open it. The problem with this is that if I try and open my app away from wifi, it takes about 120 seconds of watching the downloading bar before I get to the 'logging in' screen, after which it says my connection failed. I'm able to get it to open if I connect via my home gigabit wifi, but even that gives me a download screen which takes about 30 seconds before going to the 'logging in' screen. I'm using an iPhone 5 and I've tried uninstalling it - turning my phone off and back on - reinstalling, but i keep getting the same problem. The app used to open quickly and without the downloading bar. Need help please and ty.Lyphe14 Sep 27
Sep 26 Fish finder not applying Fish finder does not apply towards party buff with the phone app. It shows in game, but not in mobile. I've done over 7 missions without any fish loot.Bigtauren0 Sep 26
Sep 25 Login Requires Subscription Bug I subscribed to Wow but when I try to login to the companion app it still says "Login Requires Subscription." Any help would be appreciated.Realdocbrown6 Sep 25
Sep 22 Companion App Crashing on resource filtering When I'm logged into the WoW Companion App and navigate to the world quest filtering options the game closes after a brief pause. Application doesn't crash as it still remains active in the system tray; however the application does minimize and I'm forced to log back in. Upon logging back in, character says its already logged in. (this may be another bug entirely) To negate the character already logged in, I have to log into another character; then log back into the main character. Device information: Model: Samsung Galaxy S7 standard (not edge) [model number: SM-G930W8] Android Version: Nougat 7.0Rubinxt5 Sep 22
Sep 21 Unable to view character Logged into my wow account that I have been active with the last couple months and it’s not allowing me to even view my characters armor or look on the wow armory app. I tried loggin all the way out and back in but that didn’t seem to work. Does anyone know any quick fixes for this?Doomterror0 Sep 21
Sep 20 Wow Companion App Update Step1-find the latest updated version of the app on the app store Step2-delete the app on the device and install the new app Step3-launch the app, enter in user id and password Step4-If a list of characters does not appear then there is a connectivity issue Step5-if the list of characters DOES appear then attempt to logon. If the logon fails then the final failure is on the server back end and the app will work once they fix the issue.Semprperatus12 Sep 20
Sep 19 Wow companion app won't log in I put in my username and password into the companion app, it sends an authentication request to my authenticator, I approve it and then when I go back to the app nothing happens. The screen stays on the authentication request screen even after I approved it.Ditka3 Sep 19
Sep 18 Feature request: Show Warfront progress Sorry if this isn't the right place. It's the only mobile app-related board I found. As the title suggests, now that Warfronts are out, it would be great if the main map (that shows the World Quests) would also show the Warfront contribution progress, like the in-game map. Thanks!Extrabacon1 Sep 18
Sep 18 [Suggestion] Please add to the app Can we get the dungeon journal added to the app please? This would be an awesome addition to it.Kelirian0 Sep 18
Sep 17 Mission stuck for a week Ticket Number: US64978236 On the BfA companion app I have had a mission stuck completed for a week on one of my characters. I opened a ticket with support (had to use "Quests" subsection) I was sent a response that said they are too busy to help with Quests and they actually gave me the wowhead.com url and said the ticket would be closed. This is a mission that is stuck, in both mobile and when I go in game to the mission table on the boat. I am unable to progress on War Campaign and unable to open flight paths because those require Companions that are locked in this mission. I can't acquire new missions to complete because of this. So my character is not only stuck unable to complete missions but stuck unable to progress in war campaign at all. While others in guild and game leave me in the dust. Please unstick this mission or provide instructions on how I can do it myself. Thanks!Yorek1 Sep 17
Sep 17 App Crashes The App Crashes right when I start it. It gets to the rock and azerite load screen. I have an Android, and legion worked fine, but once I updated for BFA it just crashes. I restarted phone, reinstalled, cleared cache, cleaned app memory and tried opening 20 times. Wondering if android version is too old, but i downloaded update just fine so idk.Arkazan35 Sep 17
Sep 17 Companion app recruit problem Companion App. Can not recruit troops. Also it consumes my 25 resources, but I never receive them. So I tried it a few times. Probably lost a few hundred resources. According to the app. I am not able to access the game on a desktop for a few days to check if it shows the used resources. Any solutions?Deider35 Sep 17
Sep 16 Unable to View Character Everything in my BfA app works fine except when I try to view my character’s gear (top left menu, select character name) it says “Unable to view Character”. Is anybody else getting this error or have a fix?Dougmarcaida2 Sep 16
Sep 13 Cannot complete missions Using the legion app, it shows that all my followers are on a mission that is complete when I view my folowers, and it shows 0 missions are on the in progress screen.Dawnofthedon2 Sep 13
Sep 13 Finished mission stuck Hello, Earlier today I sent my only follower on a mission, which is not only finished but I've also picked the reward in game, however the app is stuck on that mission, it says it's complete and that I need to pick the reward, but it won't let me, it also won't let me send my follower on any other missions because it thinks the follower is still on a mission even though she isn't. It also won't let me recruit the two troops that expired because it also thinks these troops are on the same mission. Info in case it's relevant: I'm using the Android app on a Zenfone 3 with Android 8.0.1. Auto updates are on, so the app is in the latest version available on the app store. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it did not fix the issue. And on a side note: why was the legion class hall missions removed from the app? Many people are still doing these for the rep tokens...Áysha3 Sep 13
Sep 12 Companion App Issues The App will open, show the blizzard logo and get to the blue stone-y screen only to immediately close. It's still running but will not get passed this point. I'm using an LG Android phone and I don't know what could cause this.Ishini11 Sep 12