Mobile Bug Report

Oct 13 Legion App Champion Equipment Maybe this isn't a bug? Anyways. I store all my extra champion equipment in the bank. I thought the app was able to access these items from there? If this is intended, can you guys put in a request to change it? I really don't feel like carrying around all my champion equipment. Thanks in advance.Dathrodiir0 Oct 13
Oct 12 Order Hall Mission changed upon completion I spent 1,000 order hall resources, 2 Horns of Winter, and 12 hours to send champions on the mission "Facing Our Fears". I had a 195% success chance, so I was expecting to get the Emerald Nightmare quest item and a Seal of Broken Fate When the mission was complete, the mission had changed to a different mission which awarded a lousy "Swift Boots" (a green item). WTF? And since the champions I sent for the mission no longer matched, it changed the success chance and I didn't even get the bonus item. This is really disappointing.Dogberry0 Oct 12
Oct 12 Troop vitality bug - Companion app I'm not sure if this is intentional and can not find a similar post. Sometimes on the completion of a mission my recruits will deplete all the way to 0 when they have more than 1 vitality. It has happened to everyone of my troop types so far. Using a samsung S5 and app version 1.0.3.Lifewarden0 Oct 12
Oct 11 [BUG] Calendar events break with invite To reproduce: 1. Players A and B are in the same guild. 2. Player B creates a gulid event. 3. Player A signs up for the guild event (in game). 4. At some point, B invites A to the event (not sure if this has to happen before or after 3). When A opens the armory app, they will see a flashing question mark over the events icon, and the event B created will show up as "Pending" in the events view. The event will be marked as "not signed up", but A won't be able to sign up or mark the event as tenative- the buttons are greyed out. The "remove" button isn't, but tapping it causes "The requested calendar event could not be found" to show up on screen. Additionally, player A can scroll through the list of attendees and see themselves marked as "signed up". I'm Player A in this scenario, so I don't know exactly what B did when they made the event. Is it possible to invite a character to an event they've already signed up for?Jackactually1 Oct 11
Oct 11 Companion app issue On the Companion app, I can't get on with any of my characters that can use the app. I open the app on iOS 10, and it says connecting. Once that goes away, I get the main screen with the option to either log in or account selection. I tap log in and it brings up my character list. I tap a character (doesn't matter which one, they all result in the same thing), and it takes me right back to the log in/account selection screen. I've restarted my phone, I've closed out the app even and neither has worked in fixing the issue. Please help.Jilliebean6 Oct 11
Oct 11 Mobile Queue & Calander Event Notifications Yeah! Like like like!Tiranie0 Oct 11
Oct 11 Legion app - Heavy Armor Sets Not Working On the legion app, I just collected 1 set of armaments from the class hall work orders. (heavy armor set +5) Moments later I completed a mission where Heavy Armor Set was the reward, then I also got the bonus Heavy Armor Set. I went to apply to a follower, and I only had 2 Heavy Armor Sets to apply, not the 2 from quest and 1 from class hall work order. boo!Murdertrain4 Oct 11
Oct 11 Still can't use my Goblin The Armory lists my Goblin Rogue, Alybastor (US-Wyrmrest Accord), as a level 55 Worgen Death Knight. If I try to click it to use the character I get an error saying my character's level is too low. This has been happening ever since I did a realm transfer, from Nazgrel. I have tried completely logging out and logging in, making a new character, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Every other character is fine.Alybastor4 Oct 11
Oct 11 Can't use Libram of Truth with Companion App Mostly use the app at work so when i get home my followers are usually on missions. How ever it would be nice if we could use the Libram on the Mobile app to max out for bonus loot and not have to wait till i get home. Also may i suggest to add Artifact Knowledge to the research tab.Twistedelmo1 Oct 11
Oct 10 Armory App not working I've been having issues with the Wow armory app on iPhone since yesterday. When I open the app and login, it goes to the main sceeen except it's faded out and there's a constant "loading" or "connecting" circle. It constantly keeps refreshing and does not allow me to use the app. I've deleted the app and restarted my phone but having the same issue. Anyone else dealing with this or dealt with this before?Rijin7 Oct 10
Oct 10 Mobile Armory iLvl Bug Much like a few of the others that I've seen on this forum, I purchased a 'Delmar's Band of Amore' item level 850. I was using the Auction House app on my Android phone. As soon as I purchased it, it turned into a level 810 ring (as seen on my phone). I was completely upset, as that was a huge waste of money. There is a difference between purposely buying an 810 ring and seeing false labels in the app. I turned around and had to sell it for a large loss, as its a low level item. Fool me once, I was willing to accept this as my fault. Fast forward to yesterday, I saw another 850 ring that I picked up on the app. AGAIN, it turned into a 810 ring on the app. Again, I was frustrated. So I logged in and low and behold, the app is showing it as a 810 ring, but it is actually an 850 when in game. This is a huge flaw, and I lost at a large amount of gold due to it, which for me being a casual player is a big deal. I am no farmer, I have been with you guys from the very beginning (beta) and I love everything that you guys do. This was very frustrating for me and I just want to make sure it doesn't happen to someone else. You can see exactly what I'm talking about if you look at my auction house transactions.Slayve1 Oct 10
Oct 8 What I Would Love to See From Companion https://www.engadget.com/2012/07/25/enter-at-your-own-rift-the-rift-mobile-app/ I like the current ability of the mobile app but I would love if you literally just copied a lot of stuff from the Rift Mobile App. The ability to earn in game resources every so often from a mini-game or slot is just wonderful as well as the ability to tap into guild chats, etc.Saltydbs0 Oct 8
Oct 8 Troop production I have 30k plus resources and currently trying to recruit a trent and some tree troops but clicking the train button isn't doing anything.Myrcyr0 Oct 8
Oct 8 Mobile app AH problem I bought items off the mobile app AH and one item was ilv 835 and the other was ilv 810. when i got them in game one was 772 and theother was 765. WHAT GIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would like the item that i bought or a refund of the gold i spent on them. ive been trying to put tickets in but when it tells me to select channel it comes up with nothing.Icebreakèr2 Oct 8
Oct 8 Fix. The. Mobile. Armory. When the mobile armory app first stopped working a while back I patiently waited assuming it was a priority that was on Blizzards list of things to fix. More than 3 weeks later and now my patience has officially run out. Any company that has access to the resources that Blizzard has at it's disposal should be able to handle a broken app with relative ease. It may not be an emergency, but it's still something that many WoW players are concerned about because we've been using it so long that we've come to rely on it. Frankly given the current content drought during an expansion with the least amount of content in the history of this game, I think that players who are still loyal enough to be subbed deserve something more than a theoretical shrug of your shoulders and a stale blue post saying, "Hey we know about this problem and we'll fix it "soon™".Sangre13 Oct 8
Oct 7 Mobile Armory: Item Cannot be Traded Since the patch hit this a.m. I can post a number of items but can't seem to post blue leather or plate created items like the Bloodthirsty Leather Chest or Bloodthirsty Pyrium Helm. Attempting to post these results in a "Item Cannot be Traded" error. Seems to be limited to crafted armor items, I can sell greens or blues that are not crafted. This even happens when I use the re-list feature. So I know it is not soulbounc - its coming right off the AH and relist should put it back up. I do seem to be able to sell augmentation crafted items like Leg Armor and Spellthread. Thanks for looking into this.Strategos6 Oct 7
Oct 7 Wow Armory App will not load The wow armory app was working perfectly fine on my iPhone until I changed my email address associated with my account. Afterwards, I opened up the app, logged in, and am now stuck on a screen that shows the options in the background, but the entire screen becomes darker/faded as there is a "loading" wheel that continuously cycles. It's as if the app is trying to pull account information but can't. Once on this screen it doesn't let me do anything else. I can't log out or click any options. I have to delete the app, reinstall and relog, but it does the same thing. It's been doing so for about a week now. In comparison, the companion app is working fine for me.Rijin2 Oct 7
Oct 7 The WoW armory app is not working My app is not showing my characters in fact it is greyed out, and I cannot do anythingDundren0 Oct 7
Oct 7 Comp App - Swapping has wrong emissary When I swap to a character that has more than one emissary set up and then swap to my main which should only have ONE up, it still shows the alt's emissary list. I have to close the app and reload the main first to get the correct emissary that's active. Samsung, S7.Kurston0 Oct 7
Oct 7 Legion app broken changed email. iphone I can't seem to log in for whatever reason I have tried on my iPad and on my iPhone and both do exactly the same thing. I get on the start screen enter my password and email address, I press connect and it just tries to connect for ever, and never connects . I have never actually got into the app ever. I noticed some people said they had issues after they changed their email address. After I thought about it I actually did change mine many years ago as well, but I never tried to use any of these apps ever. So maybe look into that blizzard it seems it maybe the issue if you change your email address , in the past? If it makes any difference I'm on iOS 9 and on an iPhone 6s. Having the same issues trying to log on hearthstone as well.. I figured I would check that as well.Sabria0 Oct 7
Oct 6 iOS 10 Companion app can't recruit Currently I am amexperiencing an issue where I am unable to recruit troops using the app. I have restarted the phone, closed down the app and still can't recruit. I have only had this problem since updating to iOS 10 on the iPhone. Is anyone else having the same problem?Cirkas3 Oct 6
Oct 6 Amoury app wont work Hi guys I've tried reinstalling etc but can't do anything including pick my toon from the bottom right corner... it's just not there... so I can use any features.. Please help.. ThanksPsymonskitty1 Oct 6
Oct 5 Log In WoW Forums Whenever I try to log in on the forums, it does the lil battle.net spin icon load then it redirects me to log in again...and again...and again. I can't post on my phone if it won't log me in :{ It is a LG3 if that mattersCaskbreaker0 Oct 5
Oct 5 Armory App Not Working I just tried to open up my Armory app and it seems to log in but when the screen comes up with all the icons the screen goes darker and I get the spinning loading circle over everything. It keeps flashing in and out of the loading screen but doesn't go out of it enough for me to hit anything. I've recently changed the email on my account and figured I'd have to log out and log back in with the new email but it doesn't let me log out even. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. That let me log in with the new email as if it were a fresh app but when I got into the screen with the icons it proceeded to do the same thing with the loading circle. Any suggestions?Broncanus3 Oct 5
Oct 5 WoW Armory App buttons greyed out I installed the WoW armory app on my phone about 3-4 weeks ago. Back then the wow armory was undergoing some issues and I thought that the mobile app was a result of this. However, as of today 9-21-16 I still am having issues with the WoW armory mobile App. When I log into the Americas and Oceanic Region the following buttons are greyed out on my application: "Guild", "Auction house", "Guild Chat", "Events", and "My Characters". The rest of the buttons are available to me on the home screen but none of the buttons that I would use on a regular basis are available. I have tried logging out and in of the application, I have tried logging into other regions and then back out of them to see if that would clear the login data, I have pulled up my active characters on the World of Warcraft official site. I only have 1 World of Warcraft account, and I'm fairly certain my login credentials are correct. Is this a known issue? After scouring the forums I have not been able to locate any similar instances.Kâx2 Oct 5
Oct 5 Companion App Bonus Roll Failing When using the companion app, missions that I have 70, 75 and 80% bonus roll on fail to get the bonus roll every time. (170,175,180% mission success) Submitted a ticket and they said to post here because my screenshots show something is definitely wrong, but there are no reported problems. Anyone else having this issue?Jezibell0 Oct 5
Oct 5 Issue with App since recent update. Ever since the recent update to the Legion Companion App I have been unable to get the ask to work. All that happens is the Blizzard logo appears and then it switched to the screen with the *eye* searching back and forth and that's it. It doesn't even say connecting. I have tried deleting the app data and reinstalling, on wifi and on mobile data to no avail. Longest I left it running was 2 hours...no change. Samsung Note 4 running 5.1.1Lèvitas7 Oct 5
Oct 5 Champion not getting correct percent chance. Koltira Deathweaver champion on mission Enthralled Energy (14 hour mission lvl 805) is only getting a 12% success chance (his ilvl is 815 and has Sturdy Hiking Boots +20% on missions over 8 hours). Counters one boss. As a test I put another follower that doesn't counter a boss on this mission at all (Nazgrim, ilvl 820) with the same Hiking Boots and he receives a 32% chance. Tried reconnecting and its the same issue, not only are his boots not taking effect but the boss counter itself isn't taking effect. This is on the Legion Companion App, I will test it in game also to see if the same problem happens and put an update on this post. Edit: This appears to be a bug with the mission system itself because the same thing happens in game.Shinighami0 Oct 5
Oct 4 Legion Companion App Issue Hello! I am having an issue with the companion app and it seems to be common issue spread across the forums but I find it odd that this issue is only effecting my Druid, as I am able to switch characters and everything functions correctly! But lone behold, I choose my druid on the character select or even if its the one automatically logged in, I am unable to equip items to my Champions, unable to use upgrade tokens on champions, unable to recruit new troops; yet I can accept ones that are ready. The world map is fully functional and I am able to do missions and complete missions. With that being said its JUST this one character that is unable to equip/upgrade champions or recruit new troops. I've tested on other characters I have and everything works as intended. Any Advice? Reinstalling/installing has not helped. Either does restarting my device.Karessa0 Oct 4
Oct 4 Legion Companion App Broken Galaxy Note 5 Team, I have an issue with the legion companion app that is installed to my galaxy note 5. Every time I load up the app and try to log in, after I have the request sent to my authenticator the screen goes black with an upside down android icon in the upper left corner and if I hold the screen and press "Select all" I see this error: Webpage not available. the webpage https://us.battle.net/login/?logout@app=wow-and could not be loaded because net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED This happens both when connected to wifi and when using 4g cellular data. Please advise what is gong on here as I cannot find any record of this error anywhere.Beardmeister0 Oct 4
Oct 4 Companion app error aftwr faction change I recently changed faction and my companion app can no longer log in to that character. The image comes up for me to select them but it stays on log in screen then fails. I can access my other characters though.Onebreath0 Oct 4
Oct 4 Water jet falls off water elemental hotbar I have deleted and remade my character a number of times but everytime i resummon my water elemental my water jet falls off its bar. I plan to use freeze in pvp and its dumb water jet shares a cd with it and this bug is annoying the crap out of me.Ashbrînger0 Oct 4
Oct 4 Character has gone offline. Bug? Is it intended that when someone logs off a character on the Legion app it shows in-game that they went offline? I like to know who is active in my guild. When someone uses the Legion app, 'guild status' shows them as having been online within the last hour.Galadius0 Oct 4
Oct 4 Cannot equip 2nd slot In the Legion mobile app (Android), just after my champions become epic status, nothing happens when I use and item on the second equipment slot. I have to equip them in the game itself.Rolleria0 Oct 4
Oct 4 Armory App saying my characters are in game My Armory app isn't letting me list auctions (and hasn't been for a few days). I force closed and logged out of the Legion Companion app, and my computer (the rig I play on) is powered off. Is there something I am missing? I never had this particular problem prior to installing the Legion Companion app. Setup: iPhone 6 W/ -Authentication -Armory -Legion Companion ...and I play on some random ASUS laptopDoktajones4 Oct 4
Oct 4 Legion app already signed in So just today I am having trouble using the app. When I try to select a character after pressing log in. It go to the screen that says character already logged in. I do not have any games open. No hearthstone on the phone. App is closed completely. Computer at home is logged out and shut down. No one else has access to my account. I've tried logging out of the app and back in. I've tried uninstalling it. And reinstalling it. It worked earlier today. At around 11 central time. If any suggestions. Please helpWorekk2 Oct 4
Oct 3 Most button in app not working The apps been working fine for me for a week or two now. This morning none of the red, rectangular buttons work for me (recruit, place order, use item). I tried updating the app, restarting my phone, etc. Any ideas?Æthershock1 Oct 3
Oct 3 Can't apply equipment Hey guys, the app is freaking awesome. I couldn't ask for anything more out of it. Seriously. Except this: It won't let me apply equipment (i.e. Fruitful Bauble) using the app. I have Millhouse Manastorm leveled to epic. He has Sturdy Hiking Boots in one slot, and nothing in the other. I click on him in the Followers tab, I click the empty "Equipment Slot", I select "Well-Worn Stone" Nothing happens. I can apply the items in game w/o issue, but it would great if I could use the app to do it. Thanks for listening, and again, the app is great!!Burrã0 Oct 3
Oct 3 WoW Armory App needs an update Connection Error Unable to establish connection to server. This error has always been a problem with me since the WoW Armory app had first been introduced. I didn't mind it at first since being able to use the auction house on demand made it worth the constant bugs but now it's getting upsetting. The Auction house was once able to be controlled on the wow website itself but it has been removed with the recent update to the site which has rendered me to use the app again. This error happens all the time even with constant flow of connection on all my 3 phones. I try it on my data or wifi (numerous) and it'll always provide me with this error. It would be amazing if you can work on the app a bit or at least reintroduce the auction house to the website itself. Thank You,Delorod0 Oct 3
Oct 3 Follower equipment bug I am currently unable to equip a follower when the item I want to equip is in my bank. I am able to equip them with gear from the bags. This is all while using the Legion Companion AppLucià0 Oct 3
Oct 3 STOP TURNING THE F#$%^&% SOUND ON!!! I frequently have to mute my phone (frequently being EVERY DAY of the week, multiple meetings per day), I also like to use the Legion companion app for that which it was designed, to check completed missions and send my followers on new ones. I have notifications disabled and I have unchecked (at least 100 times) the box under options Enable SFX. The problem seems to be every time I use the side switch on my iPhone to switch to vibrate (for meetings) and then switch the ringer back on, the app takes this to mean I would also like to have the sound on the app re-enabled. Its worth noting I have never seen this behavior in any other app I have ever used since I bought the first iPhone in 2006. Now I can no longer use the Legion companion app anywhere but inside my parked car (not really where I want to spend much time) or in my house (not much point since my computer also resides there) since the sound turns itself on, and upon logging in there is a giant blaring sound effect alerting anyone within 150ft that I am playing a game on my phone. Please fix this so that disabled sound will stay disabled until I go back in and put the check mark in box. Thank you.Tharadoon1 Oct 3
Oct 3 Companion app - filter multiple rewards The Legion companion app is a god send - very useful in starting and completing missions on the go. I've been using it to track world quest too. The reward filtering is limited to one type of reward, so i have to re apply filter to see the next type of reward I'm interested in. Am hoping in future we can get the option of selecting multiple types of rewards in the filter. Another thing I'll like to see is the app not automatically reducing my music volume on my iphone. Not crucial, but hope there's option to opt out next time. Thanks!Dynamight1 Oct 3
Oct 2 SFX options not saved after exiting companion app Android app does not save SFX preferences after exiting the app. Relaunching the app reverts the SFX preference to be on by default every time the app is launched.Maryannmarie4 Oct 2
Oct 2 Armory App iOS No guild chat or characters. For the WoW Armory app on my iOS device is not showing my character list or showing any of the guild functions. I haven't been able to find clear information on this sort of issue or if these features have just been disabled altogether. I have tried uninstalling the app from my phone and reinstalling, still getting the same issue. I have 3 "accounts" attached to may main b.net account. I have my main account which I have all my games on and etc. and I also have a WoW1 and a WoW2. I don't see anywhere in the app to select which account if that could be the issue. Here are screenshots from my phone to show what I mean. http://imgur.com/a/Z1m9K http://imgur.com/a/4kudORueghn3 Oct 2
Oct 2 No push notifications Android? Haven't gotten a single push notification from the Legion app since it came out. My fiance gets them on her iphone but i don't get them on my android and i'm on a Nexus 6P Android ver 7.0. Are push notifications ever going to work on android?Dóublehelix0 Oct 2
Oct 2 [Android] v1.03 Update forever loading the v1.03 update to the Android app seems to have broken the app (for me, at least). I'm given the typical loading screen with the searching eye, but there is no text on the screen and no errors after 45 minutes (left as active window, with screen sleep disabled). there is no significant data usage reported by the phone. I've tried several wifi connections, as well as using mobile data, restarting the phone, and reinstalling the app. using Android 4.4.4 on a Galaxy S4. screenshot - http://imgur.com/a/r3UGFPyreball6 Oct 2
Oct 1 Recent Character Transfer causes Character to become unavailable All of my other characters are still accessible from the app. However, a character that underwent a transfer today cannot be accessed on the app despite the transfer being complete. Is this something I can expect until Armory updates on Tuesday or is it a bug or merely something temporary. Please note that I am logged in no where else. Is it possible that logging out while in a flight path is causing this?Garbidge3 Oct 1
Oct 1 Equipment slots When I equipped a new piece of equipment to my epic follow it replaced the first piece of equipment instead of going into the open slot I selected.Zerder0 Oct 1
Oct 1 Companion app failing mission with over 100% I failed a companion app questore with 105% chance of success. I've heard others have had problems with this as well. Just putting it on the radar to be fixed.Unholyer7 Oct 1
Oct 1 Companion app battery drain. Hi there, I am running the new legion companion app on a Nexus 4, after starting the app and doing w/e it is I want to get done, if I "minimize" the app and don't close it completely (via swiping the screen away or force closing from the android app settings) the app DRAINS my battery incredibly just "running" in the background, I just tested leaving it running for 2 hours and it is the #1 drain on my battery list. In that two hour period it drained 10% of my battery without me having touched my phone in that time. Just wanted to get this known so you can get ahead of it as that is just plain nuts, obviously something is doing something it shouldn't be. Also if I close the app via swiping the screen away, I did not get a notification when my missions finished, unsure if that is intended or not. Lastly, on the Android companion app page, you have support@blizzard.com listed at the bottom, but that email is "no longer monitored". Should probably remove that :PSnowstørm7 Oct 1