Mobile Bug Report

Sep 7, 2016 Companion app bug/suggestions. The times displayed on the original mission list screen dont always synch up once you enter the mission detail, and it seems that when you select players and start a mission the time left does not match up with either of the previous numbers. For instance yesterday i had what was showing as a 4 hour mission, inside the detail it was a 12 hour mission, and once i started it it had a 24 hour countdown. iOS btw. The app is great in theory, i hope you get the bugs worked out quickly. All it needs now is a tab that lets us fish up ancient mana while we are away from our computer. Course I would never get any work done....Shodan0 Sep 7, 2016
Sep 7, 2016 Login Failure After I enter my login and authentication credentials it spits up an error page with web page not found. Does this every time I try to login.Varune0 Sep 7, 2016
Sep 7, 2016 Missions wont complete on App When I click on missions, it shows what I have completed. When I "tap to complete" it takes me to some other mission that I don't even have. This does this for any mission that I have completed. It is the same mission no matter what mission is currently pending as complete.Xifeng0 Sep 7, 2016
Sep 7, 2016 Companion Application iOS NevermindHekbahi0 Sep 7, 2016
Sep 7, 2016 WoW Legion app not connecting On the Legion app I can log in and character select but after that the screen stays on connecting but does nothing else, I have tried WiFi and 4G, i have tried reinstalling app, I am using a Sony Xperia Z5 fully updated with latest android software. Is there something I am doing wrong or that I haven't tried? ThanksDiplomat3 Sep 7, 2016
Sep 7, 2016 Mobile Armory Issue Hey guys, I've been having an issue for a couple of months where the app is not connecting correctly to my account. I have tried restarting and uninstalling the app both, but when I open the app and log in to my account, I can't select the my characters, auctions, guild chat, or anything at all except the talent calculator, browse items, and realm status tabs. Anyone have a trick to getting this to work? Thanks for the helpBeardhealz1 Sep 7, 2016
Sep 7, 2016 Character's Champ List Error On the Character Selection list, for this character, it says "Requires at least one champion." I have FIVE, and still can't selected it. Also, can you refrain from using red text on black background? For people with bad eyesight, it's impossible to read. Just make it grey/yellow/blue or something! That's a really basic design flaw. Can I also report a bug for this bug reporter page - I've had to post this a few times now for it to appear.Daenaryz0 Sep 7, 2016
Sep 7, 2016 Character List No Champs Error On the Character Selection list, for this character, it says "Requires at least one champion." I have FIVE, and still can't selected it. Also, can you refrain from using red text on black background? For people with bad eyesight, it's impossible to read. Just make it grey/yellow/blue or something! That's a really basic design flaw. :( Also, can I file a bug report for this bug report page that keeps making me repost this? lolDaenaryz0 Sep 7, 2016
Sep 7, 2016 Legion Companion App Missions Bug Clicking on the treasure chest on the map to complete a finished mission results in no option to complete, large red question marks for necessary data, and incorrect numbers/percentages. The same thing happens if I press on the mission from the "in progress" section of the missions tab.Hrafn2 Sep 7, 2016
Sep 7, 2016 Some bugs i found with iOS The WoW Legion Companion app for iOS keeps giving me notifications that on of my class order hall traits is finished and ready, but i still have 12 hours remaining to complete. In addition is tells me that my minions are ready to be picked up but they do show up. I believe the app is getting things confused. Also, when i exit the app and go from WiFi to 4G, I have to keep reentering my username and password.Jaeve3 Sep 7, 2016
Sep 7, 2016 Legion app: OA swap without confirmation Using the Legion app, I acknowledged that I had just completed the research period for Eagle Ally. Yay! Just to confirm that I made the right choice, I tapped on the other option, Disengage, so that I could read its description. Expected result: I read the description and nothing changes. Actual result: I am now 2000 Order Resources poorer, I will be another 2000 Order Resources poorer in 3 days, and 6 days from now I will finally be able to use the Eagle Ally that I wanted. The Legion app should have a VERY LARGE AND OBVIOUS CONFIRM BUTTON to distinguish between the actions of "read about this" and "actually spend currency on this".Jonrock0 Sep 7, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Wow legion companion app IOS Problem : I just download the app , and try to test it on first day , it seem it still not work well because it ask me to join my account => pick the character => and it stay at loading screen then go when back to enter account or pick up character again and again . is it not available for use yet ?Sukprakorn24 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 How do I change language in iOS? Hello, My iphone is set to Portuguese, but I would very much like to have my apps matching my client language (English). Any way I can do it without changing my iPhone language? Iphone 6s. Thank you very much in advance!Felgong0 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Oceanic: Unable to login Hi there, After logging in and choosing my character the app reverts back to "login or Choose a Character". When trying either option it keeps going back to the pre-login screen. I read on Facebook a lot of other Oceanic players are having the same problem. There have been no comments on there of any successful logins from Oceanic as far as I can see.Lissandrra0 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Legion Companion select character bug Just got the app today. The problem is that I logged in, gave permission from my iPhone 5S Battle.net authenticator, went to the character select screen, tapped my characters name and essentially it sends me straight back to the login screen again (it's stuck in this "infinite" loop). Simply restarting the app doesn't fix it and I know my password is correct so either it's an oddity with the servers at the moment or the app is currently broken.Espilonarge14 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 New WoW Legion App Bugs Version 1.0.0 iOS 9.3.4 Everything has its numeric values stuck at 9999 Most things have question marks instead of item cameos The Recruit tab has clipping windows and a recruit button, but no info about what I am recruiting. Only one of my champions appears in my Followers list One of my missions is finished, but I can't complete it I keep receiving the mission complete notification every time I close the appDogberry1 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Legion App Reaearch Talents Hello, First of all, congrats to the Mobile team on the launch of the companion app! It's a neat addition to the new expansion, and shows the playerbase that Blizzard is listening. So on to bugs ;p Main problem I have encountered happens when I click on the Research Tab. The talents all display question marks, and when you click on any tier of talents, the description literally reads: "Some description Some description Some description" (this goes on), then, "...sdf sdf sdf.." The other bug I noticed was the app was not displaying any of the missions I was currently on under "In Progress". Although if I clicked on the companions tab, that did say they were assigned to a mission. Hope this helps.Revekha0 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Wow legion companion app, some idea for you not to go again Good day every buddy, sorry for my inglish in first place, i am a spanish user but this problem can be affecting to all player and the forum in inglish is the best place for take my idea and implement in the app. First of all, i go to make a little explanation of my problem, i dowload the app (the app is very good, very good idea), but the app had some problems, in my case, i go to tale my history, review the app i decide take a quest and send my recluits and companions, but for error i press "star mision" whit only 1 companion and that it!, the mission star with -5% xD, i know, i so dummy, but i dont think so i am only one or yes? xD, so, my propuse is add a confirmation message for star a mision before you press star a mision. if some can make me request if better way please make. let you message below, you had the same problem?, what do you think of my request?, some MG can help us? sorry for my inglish again.Dannttes0 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Show artifact research queue in app The artifact research queue seems like the most important thing to me. Any plans to add that to the app? For example, I'll be away this weekend and I'd love to just be able to log on to the app and re-queue the next level of artifact research if one becomes available.Gats0 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Authenticator + Companion App When i allow the app to be used via my authenticator i then jump back into the Companion app and it resets the application and asks me to verify my autheticator everytime.Domarr7 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Legion Companion App Bug Love the app, except that it isn't registering my paladin as having any champions and will not let me enter the app as my paladin. I suspect this issue is occurring because all four of my champions are currently out on missions, but I am currently unable to log into the game to finish the missions they are on.Finnaly5 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Legion app unable to pick character I'm unable to pick a character in the legion app it says that I need to have at least one champion and I know I have 5 on my deathknightDéàthknight1 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Armory not showing current info I haven't seen any posts on the forums about this problem yet however both on the mobile armory app and on the website when looking up characters over level 100 he app only displays them as level 100 and without any new gear or information. I believe that there is currently a problem with the reporting on characters. There is also nothing new in activity feeds. Can you confirm if there is a fix on the way for this if not I would like to lodge this as being a new issue as I like to stalk my friends and see how they are progressing in comparison to me (so far I believe they are winning haha)Cirkasurvive11 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Have to enter login information every time? There doesn't seem to be an option to just have it log in. Or is this something to basically force you to use the login from facebook? I'm not on facebook and have no interest in being on it, so that's not really a viable option to me.Akainakali2 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Legion Companion App It's releasing today apparently. But what time? It's not available yet!! Anyone know when?Kalnus13 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 doesn't recognize I have champions I have 4 champions on one of my characters, but after I log on it says that none of my toons have champions so I can't access any of my toons :(Littlebish0 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Bug in legion companion app The app states i need at least one champion, is this a bug or do i need to compete something before i use this app? Im so confusedVeladrin0 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 WoW Legion Companion App Bug Found a bug with the legion companion app and multiple characters. If I view a mission report with a character and get my rewards/XP then switch to another character and view a mission report, sometimes it will show the first character's champions in the XP count up along with the new ones. I have a feeling this is probably when they happen to be doing the same repeatable missions, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I saw it twice, once I think with my priest and shaman and once with my priest and hunter (I have a screenshot of this if someone wants it). Not a game breaker, didn't seem to apply the XP to those champions or anything, but figured it's worth knowing.Aerlos0 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Profile I am not able to see or even load up my character's profile in the armory at all. I keep getting .... This effects not only the website but mobile as well.Warcrown0 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Issue logging in and with authenticator I am having consistent login issues since pre-patch. Every time, without fail, when I enter my user id, and password, and use my authenticator (an issue with this lately as well that I will get to in a minute) I always get the error that I can not be logged in, code 3018. Even if servers are up! I then have to "continue offline" and re-enter my information and it lets me log in. So basically, I'm having to login 2 times to get into the game. This is extremely frustrating! My authenticator problem is since pre-patch, the one button codes don't always appear in my authenticator on my cell, and I have to use the manual input option, using the numbers. Sometimes I get the alert for the one button like a text, sometimes I don't. I love that feature, but please lets make it work correctly.Coria0 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Unable To Display Character I literally just started WoW yesterday. Installed the mobile app. I have reached level 20. I can use the app for AH stuff, but when I tap my character I get the error "Unable to display character due to long period of inactivity. Not sure if it's a bug or not, just thought I'd post it. Anyone else have this?Kranriel3 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Can't install on 6.0.1 Android I've troubleshooted and done everything I could do on my side. So far it's just this app that is giving me this problem - Google play store error 505. I have a Galaxy S7 Edge.Valdranas0 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 5, 2016 iPhone - WoW Armory I have installed and re installed, turned off the phone etc. I am still unable to have it load. The spinning icon just spins forever. Is there another solution to fix my problem? I am still unable to use the app. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!Jàson0 Sep 5, 2016
Sep 5, 2016 Update to Mobile Armory? The mobile armory wasn't updating at all to new gear obtained, so decided to delete and reinstall, but when I attempt to download it off the apple app store, nothing happensZallus0 Sep 5, 2016
Sep 5, 2016 I uninstalled Wow Armory from my phone and yet I still see myself logged in every morning. Any reason why?Cutcha0 Sep 5, 2016
Sep 5, 2016 Auction House Display Issue Problem The bug happened on Ithurialx my DH i purchased 2 rings from my mobile phone wow application using the auction house. when you look at the displayed item it states its an 810 ring called Vastly Oversized Ring I purchased the ring from my phones mobile application and it showed up in my in game mailbox as a 778 Item level. Alot of the displays are off on auction house mobile application on wow armory so for everyone sake please look at what your purchasing this costed me 11k i sold another ring i bought with versatility for 4k with a 1k loss right now im still out 11k for the other ring . Just wanted to let everyone know if blizzard can fix the system so no one else falls victim to this it be amazing. To everyone i hope this sheds some light and enjoy getting that 810 item level for heroics =) Happy Leveling All =)Ithurialx1 Sep 5, 2016
Sep 4, 2016 Can't reply to whispers sent from mobile When whispered by someone using the WoW mobile chat, I can receive whispers without issue, but I can't reply to them via whisper, I keep getting the same error message every time "No player named [players name] is currently playing." has anyone else noticed this as well, or would it just be something on my end? the only chat addon I use is WIM, but even with that disabled I still get the same error message.Vijir38 Sep 4, 2016
Sep 4, 2016 Suggestion Would be great to be able to track your recent posts for replies. Especially on mobile. An alert icon that could pop up on "view post history". Also, I miss being able to log in and see recent Blue responses/posts. Sometimes it answered a question before it needed to be asked for the 100th time.Korrígan0 Sep 4, 2016
Sep 4, 2016 Unable to install app Unable to install via Google Play store. Error -505. Have tried all of Googles steps to resolve. Motorola Droid Turbo 2Shagon0 Sep 4, 2016
Sep 3, 2016 Not a bug just a question Are we going to get artifact trees added to the talent calculator in the armory app? Also what's with the change to no landscaped mode? I use a tablet alot and the removal of landscape support is a bit inconvenientGøttlich0 Sep 3, 2016
Sep 3, 2016 Armory App constantly loading. Recently when I open the Armory and log in the spinning loading icon would come up, then disappear then come up again, and it would continue doing this making me unable to even get into the actual App at all. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix, or is the App just bugged out at the moment.Erñie4 Sep 3, 2016
Sep 3, 2016 No characters, no way to select them. For probably two months, the Armory has been showing me the main menu screen with all character and guild options greyed out, and no little box where ordinarily you can select characters. @Blizz CS said this was the place to find answers. Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled. Thanks in advance, CalicoCattMysteralia1 Sep 3, 2016
Sep 1, 2016 You Cannot log in while using W.O.W. Remote. So I just recently started using the Online Wow AH at work. Problem being, the first day i did this, and went home. I was unable to login, as I usually leave my work computer running till the weekend. Luckily the one day this happened, I figured out pretty quickly it had to be my work computer. I had a co-worker who hadn't left yet, shutdown my computer. My question: In the scenario that one day I forget to close out the online AH on my work computer before leaving (as it is very likely to happen), how can I get it closed or a way to let me login without needing to run back to work. As that wont usually be an option.Bankfurdayz0 Sep 1, 2016
Sep 1, 2016 Deleted character showing up instead Hello, I've had a problem with the mobile Armory app since it came out, for some reason it shows my character Desivir (one I am currently posting with) as a level 56 undead death knight. I created the death knight years ago then deleted him when I decided I wanted the same name and an orc as my death knight instead. I can't talk in guild chat because it's registering me as the undead death knight in a guild I am no longer in making guild chat useless. Thank you for any helpDesivir0 Sep 1, 2016
Sep 1, 2016 Wow armory issues Why aren't we getting a blue post about this? You know, some information would be nice. Let us know what you're doing to fix this or if you are planning to dump wow armory altogether. Because it doesn't work and 100's of people are complaining about this but I don't see any blue posts.Frostworms0 Sep 1, 2016
Sep 1, 2016 Can't access guild chat Hi I've just joined a guild a couple of days ago, but can't access certain parts of the armory, such as guild chat being inaccessible with a padlock on it. Other characters that are in guilds have no issues with this so far. I have tried logging out as well. Could it perhaps have something to do with guild permissions? ThanksHamesha1 Sep 1, 2016
Sep 1, 2016 Unable to join server Everytime I use the app it says unable to load server. Also it doesnt even show the correct guild im in and I cannot chat. Tried uninstalling and installing again and still same thing like everyone else.Bluekushi0 Sep 1, 2016
Aug 31, 2016 Wow Armory No Access to any functions Hello! I downloaded the WoW armory app about 2 months ago and recently I've lost the ability to use any of the functions. My characters don't appear at all, the auction house, events, guild chat and other character specific functions are greyed out. I am not sure why this is I have tried relogging in, I checked my region and it is correct. I completely uninstalled and did my best to remove any residual files before downloading the app again and nothing. Nothing on my phone has changed since losing access, am I missing something here? This is on an android Samsung Galaxy 5.Celementra2 Aug 31, 2016
Aug 30, 2016 Unable to log in on Armory App (iOS 9.3.3) As directed by @BlizzardCS (https://twitter.com/blizzardcs/status/765319027304587264), I am posting here. When I launch the armory app on my iPhone 5s (iOS 9.3.3 - 13G34), I am unable to log in to B.net. When I click on the B.net option, the Facebook option loads instead and I have no way to cancel this login popup and go back to choose B.net. The installed version of the armory app is 7.0.0. I have "force quit" the app but upon opening it again, the Facebook problem persists. Please help.Redrooster7 Aug 30, 2016
Aug 30, 2016 RealID friends and the Mobile armory? Good morning Mobile peeps, I've got a question for you. I've got the mobile armory on my android phone, and it's amazing. With a little finagling, I have it set up so that I am logged in 100% of the time, so guildies can /w me whenever, wherever I am. My question is, then: Will we ever see the same kind of functionality for RealID friends? My reasons for asking are twofold: 1) I'm realID friends with all my officers; and whenever they /w me from realID, it does not work, even though they're in my guild. 2) I have realID friends that are not in my guild, but the always-on chat sounds like it would be really cool. Imagine, one of your realID friends send out a broadcast, and I see it on my phone. All that being said, I LOVE the app, keep up the great work.Gijora7 Aug 30, 2016