Games, Gaming and Hardware

May 4, 2011 Spoiler Warning and Guidelines Be warned that entering this forum you are opening yourself up to potential spoilers. The discussion of books, games, and movies are simply and completely prone to spoilers to many degrees. Without discussing the information proposed in these mediums, there isn’t much of a discussion to be had. It is therefore on you as an observer to choose where and when to enter into the possibility of seeing spoilers. We do not require spoiler tags or otherwise require any warning that a thread may contain a spoiler. You should assume that when clicking on a thread you will see spoilers on that topic. With that in mind we do have some rules to ensure it can continue to be your choice as to where and when you see spoilers while on these forums. Spoilers do not directly violate the rules of this forum as long as: They are not contained within thread subject lines. Posting a thread with a title that is itself a spoiler will result in a harsh penalty. They are reasonable within the context of the thread. Jumping into a thread to post a spoiler that’s off-topic, or creating a thread with a misleading subject line to reveal a spoiler, will result in a harsh penalty. Like all moderation, we reserve the right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based on our discretion.Bashiok0 May 4, 2011
May 3, 2011 Zero Tolerance Forum – Please Read We really hope everyone enjoys posting and interacting in the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums, and to ensure that they remain an enjoyable place, we’re taking a zero tolerance policy in our moderation of them. Moderation in this forum (or the other Games, Entertainment & Technology forums) will be especially robust, foregoing the normal progression of deletions/suspensions and proceeding directly to a one month final warning suspension, or permanent ban of all posting privileges for infractions of the posting policies or guidelines. Here are some key points to keep in mind while posting here: Zero Tolerance This is a zero tolerance forum. Being ignorant of or purposefully disobeying the intent of these forums, the forum Code of Conduct, and/or these guidelines will be dealt with strictly. This is Not an Off-Topic Forum The Games, Entertainment & Technology forums are specifically and purposefully labeled with very specific topics. Discussion outside of these specific topics, like all other forums, is not allowed and will be moderated with zero tolerance. No Politics/Religion There is no tolerance for discussion of politics or religion in this or any Battle.net forum. While we appreciate people’s beliefs and political ideals, they are not appropriate to be discussed or mentioned within these walls, even if brought up objectively. No Hatred Hatred against individuals or groups in any manner, for any reason, will not be tolerated. No Illicit Topics This is mostly geared toward warning against any intent to discuss drug-use, but can and will extend to any topics of an illegal nature that are deemed to not be pertinent to the discussions allowed in this forum. Moderation is At Our Discretion Like all moderation, we are within our right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based purely on our discretion. All of that scary stuff out of the way, please go, talk, and enjoy the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums! Kaivax0 May 3, 2011
May 3, 2011 Welcome to the Games discussion forum! In this forum, feel free to discuss anything related to games, gaming and hardware. Whether you want to talk about a non-Blizzard game, discuss a console, or ask for PC hardware purchase advice, this is the place. Before you get started, please pay careful attention to the unique moderation policy for this forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456450500 Further reading - Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#2 Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521 Getting the Most Out of the Forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2016792409 Contact List: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#3 Community Managers: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#4 MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#5Kaivax0 May 3, 2011
2h Ughh, PC is finally together Got my PC together today and I was quite disappointed with the stock cooler. It really felt like it would hold up at stock, but replacing it with the spare ML120L I had, boosted CineBench from 165-180 SC and 1645-1741 MC due to XFR. Oh and the Seasonic M12II Evo 620 died on me. Smelt it burning, ran out and grabbed a CX650M (2017 edition) which was a nice upgrade. Ordered a CM RGB Fan controller as well as a ML240L RGB (Comes with it's own controller) and my board has 2 RGB Headers. The RX Vega 64 Sapphire has a L Bracket to prevent sagging. Overall, the CM H500 is solid. Ranging from 40-60 fps in busy SW at 4k (frames limited at 60 for freesync). Overall, I am quite Happy with the build. I have about 8 videos I get to work on over the next few days. PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/M2TCtg Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/M2TCtg/by_merchant/ CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor ($294.99 @ Amazon) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ Newegg) Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($99.89 @ OutletPC) Memory: ADATA - XPG SPECTRIX D41 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($134.99) Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU650 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($66.99 @ Newegg) Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K3000 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon) Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB NITRO+ Video Card ($499.99) Case: Cooler Master - MasterCase H500 ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg) Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg) Case Fan: Cooler Master - MasterFan Pro 120 Air Pressure RGB 3 in 1 w/RGB LED Controller 35.0 CFM 120mm Fans ($34.99 @ Newegg) Monitor: LG - 24UD58-B 23.8" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor ($249.00 @ Amazon) Monitor: LG - 24MP59G-P 23.8" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor ($146.99 @ Amazon) Total: $1807.79 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-12 23:02 EDT-0400Snaeb21 2h
2h Scammy MMOs: Wildstar, EQNext, Bless So as many know by now Wildstar is shutting down. Farewell to a great MMO you'd say, most underrated MMO you'd say, what a shame it definitely had potential you'd say, but did it???? As someone who's played Wildstar since Beta I can say that I had a strong feeling that something wasn't quite right with it. I should have stopped right there, I should have left to only come back when and if it becomes a great game. But no, I chose to believe words and grandiose promises. I chose to believe someone's vision, that even they themselves didn't plan to bring to fruition. In short, I made a mistake of believing promises of what's to come, rather than concentrate on what's actually there. The big sucker in me got suckered in. The money was on the table, and like I wasn't a sucker enough already for buying into this mess of a game, I pre purchased the Deluxe edition ofcourse! The one with the hoverboard and a costume. You know, the usual pixelated items for suckers, to get them to pay double! Only to realise, upon login, that everyone else had the same 2 items and as a result everyone looked the same, because they got suckered in too! The leveling was grindy, there wasn't much variety in costumes, past ugly, brown leveling gear. No transmog or hairdresser. You could see how "lacking" this game was. 5 mans were too hard for the average player and the dungeon could take like 1 hour to complete with wipes on different bosses. Heroics were brutal so most people could not complete them with a gold score to get attuned to raids. Raiding was exclusive to hardcore guilds. As a result people either quit or stayed to tinker with Housing or roleplay because there was literally nothing to do there! The game only had 2 major patches with actual content! And they promise new content every months. That was a total bull!@#$ from the get go! I honestly believe that even the main Devs themselves didn't believe in what they were promising to customers! In other words: scam-artists and good ones at that! After the first major patch the content drought became real. And even though they eased the attunement for raids, most players left the sinking ship. Server merges and such were upon us! Instead of giving us the actual new content the Dev team decided to milk the players to the fullest instead! They came up with another little scam: buy Wildstar game boxes and get exclusive items for every physical box you buy in a shop. And, yes, many people, including me, got suckered into that too! I, as shameful as it is to admit, bought 3 boxes to get all 3 items! Once the Wildstar dev team got a taste for easy, scammy money, there was literally no stopping them. Soon after, a Madame Fay coin lottery-like system was introduced as well as an in-game shop with costumes, mounts, pets, potions etc... Ofcourse, being a sucker, I bought a few mounts and costumes. Why? Because there was literally nothing new you could get by playing the game, because there were loooooong content droughts and bored people just kept quitting. The ones who stayed, just kept waiting.... for the content... that the devs kept promising will come one day. I don't know what the devs have been doing at WS all this time. I do strongly suspect a massive mismanagement of funds in that game and that the plan was to hype the game up, get as much sales and later micro-transactions as possible and bail to other scammy projects. I'm almost 100% sure that that's what has been happening behind the closed doors on Carbine studios. And my mind is firm on this and I'm not gonna sway from this viewpoint position. I have no tolerance left for scammers in the MMO industry, especially after what has happened with the EQNext. Now after what has been said and done... Do I wish the Wildstar Dev team luck in their career? Hell no! Actually, I think they should leave the industry all together! A dev team that has been responsible for creating and maintaining such massively failed MMO should be black listed from all the successful gaming companies. And I surely hope Blizzard will not hire ANY of them! if you worked for this mess called Wildstar, you should not work for any other MMOs. You've done your part already, thank you, no thank you. There just needs to be some personal responsibility for failure like that, so that failed, scammy devs don't go around working for other companies and ruining their products. A decent developer would leave Carbine as soon as it was evident that the game is nothing but a money-grabbing scam. And if you aren't a decent developer then leave the industry or go work for one of those Asian MMOs, aka Bless, so you can be where you belong.Empathetic26 2h
3h Which keyboard are you using and why? Anyone using the K70 rapidfire switches? Is it too sensitive for mmo’s? Corsair K70 vs HyperX alloy elite? Brown or red switches? I mostly play WoW and Moba’s(occasional shooters) What are you using and why?Glowskull9 3h
3h Looking for a different MMO Hi BFA isn’t really fun to me anymore. I have my complaints about WoW but I won’t list them all out here. Is FF14 combat really has slow has people say it is? Is Rift still doing well? Is SWTOR still kicking out content?Balyne2 3h
4h Upgrade suggestions Currently my PC is: i7 7700k @ 5.0ghz 1080 Ti FE 16 gb 3200mhz DDR4 Game and windows on M.2 SSD Getting sub 60 fps in Boralus @ 1440p and settings around high/ultra and it's driving me insane. Would upgrading to an 8th Gen i9 help fix this? I'm assuming it's a CPU problem because the video cards screams through other games.Kelruun1 4h
5h Favorite MMO That Didn't Make It? I think we all have one. Mine was Age of Conan. Stunning OST, free-for-all open world PvP, tons of lore. The game was a mess, but it could've been great. I had fun with it while it lasted. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUbcALrByYIFruk19 5h
12h DX12 option disappeared Son's computer suddenly appears to no longer have the DX12 option, which is weird given it had it prior to some various amount of updates. He's got an RX 570, so I don't see why the option wouldn't be there. Game is up to date, is on Radeon 18.10.1 and the option is just gone. Any suggestions?Salranas9 12h
13h Unfortunate has happened on my PC My x370 motherboard was giving me issues lately But that's ok, I was tired of using the x370 gigabyte board anyway So I went and bought myself a ASRock taichi x470 motherboard at my microcenter instead https://imgur.com/a/nxlTvsKYou19 13h
13h Is WoW single threaded? Open your config.wtf file and set your CPU mask. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/CVar_processAffinityMask Credit goes to another user defakto227. https://i.imgur.com/tA6g81D.jpg 2 cores - 31-46 fps 3 cores - 46-54 fps 4 cores - 59-67 fps all cores - 58-72 fps WoW still prefers high clock on each of the cores but this puts to rest WoW isn't 'single core' dependent as people say. It wants each individual core to have higher CPU performance.Aribeth37 13h
16h AMD Thread Ripper Does anyone use this CPU for World of Warcraft? Please let me know if the game runs smoothly and what FPS are you gertting at main citiesChronicc24 16h
1d Will My New System be Enough Is this Gaming computer efficient for BFA? What FPS you think it will run? https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Special-BMissdirëcted2 1d
1d Been outta' the PC game. Halp<3 Currently 560ti x 2 + i7-3770k 16 rb ram. Wow installed on it's on SSD. Now, for some reason 2 of my ram slots quick working and my PSU is giving me some major issues (random restarts, mention surge protection etc) Corsair AX 750. Now, I thought about RMAing the Mobo and PSU, but really the whole thing is show it's age. Would you guys buy a new 1155 socket mobo for this processor (and PSU) or do a full new build? Keep in mind, a full new build isn't going to be anything insane, as I am poor-ish. Preferably I'd like to stick 1 gpu in what I have and replace the mobo/psu and keep slaying. Opinions? (I won't be buying a 1k gpu, so try to be reasonable) the most intensive and pretty much only game I play is wow. Thanks for any help provided!Awful1 1d
1d Games like WoW? Never mind after reasearching more it sounds like none are even really close.Tsumi4 1d
1d Is this worth 415$ This rig will be for my guest when they come home and we want to lan. It will not run intense single player game titles. Sould i keep looking for a better deal? Fan : be quiet! PURE ROCK SLIM CPU Cooler Hd: Seagate 1 TB Case : Thermaltake Core V21 Black Extreme Micro ATX Gpu: GTX 1060 6GB MSI Aero Cpu: I3-7100 3.9 GHZ mobo : MSI B250M PRO-VDH LGA 1151 Intel B250 RAM : 8GB Gskill Ripjaws (1 stick) 500W Power supplyGlowskull6 1d
1d FPS/CPU questions (Beginner) So my question right now is im currently on a Xeon W3503 cpu and im wanting to upgrade to the Xeon X5650 cpu. Im currently using a gtx 750 1 gig gpu. with 16 gigs of ram. My fps when the raid group is 18 or less is fine. But when the raid group increases to 20+ my fps drops dramatically. And i know my cpu is weak, but what ive read, i should be getting more fps then i do ( on heroic ghuun last night i was getting 10-12 fps during the fight.)Datamus1 1d
1d I left WoW to play ESO While Elder Scrolls Online may not be as populated as WoW, I feel like a new breath of fresh air has entered my body. ESO is by no means a perfect game, we will never have the OG feeling of our first MMO ever again. But here is what it does differently: It is a game where any play style is viable and rewarded. (it may not be an end game build, but there are so many aspects of the game that can be enjoyed via hybrid builds) The community is smaller, so the toxicity is much lower. Set bonuses still exist. It does world scaling the proper way, any zone, any level. It has a paragon system for beyond max level progression. (This keeps the level cap at 50 so it isn't as daunting for new players). The loot sets from all dungeons are viable in certain situations, making collecting even more fun. It has player housing. ALL classes have the option to tank, heal, dps. (Weapons having unique skills, interesting passives, and alt skill lines through factions and guilds) You can pick up all crafting professions. You have a sense of wonder when exploring the game. There are so many locations and things to do, and all of it progresses your character even further. Now why am I posting this? Because I feel like WoW has lost its place among the great MMORPGs. With BfA feeling like a watered down version of Legion, it felt very lackluster. The removal of tier, the lackluster azerite system, the on the rails experience. WoW no longer feels like an MMO. It feels like an RPG with occasional player interaction. Case in point: When was the last time you actively used instance chat in a dungeon outside of Mythic/M+? WoW feels like an expensive themepark that holds your hand and tells you what to do. I feel like a passenger rather than a pioneer of uncharted lands. I feel like the journey does not matter. Everything is so scripted, that it feels like we no longer have those unique connections to our own characters. The amount of bugs in this expansion are astounding. Never in my history of playing this game, have I felt the game be not so polished. I miss that MMO feel. - Content - Community - Connection WoW feels like it no longer has that. I wish this game was more in line with the old school RPG feel of the older days. Now we login and spin the loot wheel and see what comes out of our slot machine. I have been a Blizzard fan for years. Here is hoping they can do something to bring that spark back. In the meantime, I have chosen to play a game that feels like a breath of fresh air. Cheers.Beardedblarg93 1d
1d Speakers? Anyone got some good speakers they recommend under $300?Crookedmán20 1d
1d Computer shuts down while starting up A few weeks ago when I turned on my PC it'd do the initial startup sound for a second but then shut off. To fix this I'd simply unplug the PSU, plug it back in and it was good. I figured maybe the PSU was going bad as it was only 450w. So I purchased a 600w and everything was fine until tonight when the computer did it again. Would start up and shut off until I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Anyone got an idea of what could be up?Gjoni7 1d
1d Mouse question Polling VS Report rate Is there a differenace or are they the same thing? I was reading my polling rateshould be at 1000hz while my report rate is already at 1000 and I am unsure what a polling rate is.Seventhwinds4 1d
1d Need an OverClock Expert - Please! <3! Hey guys.. Is it safe to change the CPU ratio from the BIOS without burning the CPU chip? I heard what burns the CPU is the higher Voltage... So If I Just wanted to test and I didn't even change the Voltage at all.. would that be fine? Currently 4.60Ghz .. Kinda wanna push 4.80Ghz and see the temps... without changing any voltages.. Currently using this fan: https://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001631Edisbelee3 1d
1d Halp! 8700/1080ti..getting 35-50 on Zek 'voz Halp! 8700 chip 1080ti..getting 35-50 fps during fights like Zek 'voz. Starts at around 100 then drops really bad..i get 4.3ghz from the chip across all cores..temps never go over 71c evn during stress test (liquid cooled). 16g ram/ 250 ssd. Settings at 7 preset, ground clutter/view distance etc sliders on 1 during raid. running 1080 res..but i have a 720 monitor(not sure if this matters for my issue). Runs well outside of raid..100 fps pretty much anywhere execpt Orgrim. AH where i get 70-80's. But lowering all settings in raid does help ofcourse but shouldnt i be getting 100?? like come on. The game looks the best when i vsync cap the fps to 60..super smooth and i run it like that most of the time. But still doesnt hold steady at even 60fps during Zek..especially add phases or darkness rings come. Uncapping the fps..without setting a max foreground didnt help . I didnt seem to have this issue at all in LEgion..granted i just got this pc 7mo ago but was able to keep around 70 fps on Varimathis which is a really taxing fight on pc's. So i guess want i want to know is ..since im running a non OC chip ..4.3 is what im working with and is that fine for 100 fps in raid? Normal amount of adds-ons and all updated. Also..is there a setting im missing? i dont think i am. And should i just run with 60fps vsync'd? since it runs super smooth ..again i un-cap the fps via vsync off and it looks great..but if i mount in zuldazar by the port ..the background looks a tad choppy when I run back and forth..def noticable,,but with vsync on its super smooth at 60fps. Still that 60 fps doesnt hold during raid..even cut in half sometimes. :/ might not have the best build but should beast wow. ANY input helps and ty for your timeMoskeebee1 1d
1d MSI Bios - i7 7700k Could someone help me please. My i7 7700k turbo speed is 4.50 But i'm stuck with 4.37 max everytime I open WoW... Is there anyway I could force it to be at 4.50? full time. Also there a "Game mode" option in the BIOS... does that actually do a lot or something?Edisbelee24 1d
2d Reasonable upgrade from a 770? Loading times seem to be getting a bit longer and larger pulls like Zul trash make my my FPS drop a bit. I'm rocking an i5 3470 and a 770 on a HDD as my SSD is too small to hold both Warcraft and be my boot drive. Can't really update the CPU since I'll need a new MoBo and that just puts me in a spiral of upgrading. I figure the SSD and bumping up the 770 to something a bit newer will help enough. I'm fine with medium graphics. Don't need ultra 4k or anything. Checking out 10series cards. 1080s are still $400+. 1050 is affordable, 1060 is sort of affordable, 1070 is a bit out of reach with property taxes coming up soon. I mean, will there be a big enough difference going from a 770 to a 1060? Or just stick with the SSD and leave it at that? Thanks.Bangheal14 2d
2d Which antialiasing to select? There's a few to chose from. Do they all work on all gpus? Which one would be best suited for a GTX 1060?Samasha3 2d
2d I Forced desktop Vega drivers on Vega laptop So thought I would share this, forgotten to the other day I discovered and tried this method of forcing desktop vega drivers on a ryzen laptop I own Instead of explaining on how the brute force driver install works (unless you really want to know I can show in another reply) i'm just going to go straight to the before and after results And before you think otherwise, yes this is fine doing this, as long as you do it carefully So first thing first, this is the laptop I tested on (and typing as you read this) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G7GSM29 This is how WoW performs on this laptop with current OEM drivers, before results https://imgur.com/a/Px1jQkM This is the drivers I use before I forced the install https://imgur.com/a/TPTJxa3 As you can see, the drivers are on 17.7. These drivers are still on the Crimson Edition drivers not Adrenalin that has better performance overall. Majority of the laptops with Ryzen still have old drivers due to OEMs not pushing out updates at reasonable rates... So after I forced it, it works just as fine as shown https://imgur.com/a/bw13ks8 And the after results https://imgur.com/a/Mu154Qg So I gained 9-10 FPS in busy areas overall. I thought it was pretty neat using desktop drivers on a laptop.You5 2d
3d Scammy MMOs: Wildstar, EQNext, Bless So as many know by now Wildstar is shutting down. Farewell to a great MMO you'd say, most underrated MMO you'd say, what a shame it definitely had potential you'd say, but did it???? As someone who's played Wildstar since Beta I can say that I had a strong feeling that something wasn't quite right with it. I should have stopped right there, I should have left to only come back when and if it becomes a great game. But no, I chose to believe words and grandiose promises. I chose to believe someone's vision, that even they themselves didn't plan to bring to fruition. In short, I made a mistake of believing promises of what's to come, rather than concentrate on what's actually there. The big sucker in me got suckered in. The money was on the table, and like I wasn't a sucker enough already for buying into this mess of a game, I pre purchased the Deluxe edition ofcourse! The one with the hoverboard and a costume. You know, the usual pixelated items for suckers, to get them to pay double! Only to realise, upon login, that everyone else had the same 2 items and as a result everyone looked the same, because they got suckered in too! The leveling was grindy, there wasn't much variety in costumes, past ugly, brown leveling gear. No transmog or hairdresser. You could see how "lacking" this game was. 5 mans were too hard for the average player and the dungeon could take like 1 hour to complete with wipes on different bosses. Heroics were brutal so most people could not complete them with a gold score to get attuned to raids. Raiding was exclusive to hardcore guilds. As a result people either quit or stayed to tinker with Housing or roleplay because there was literally nothing to do there! The game only had 2 major patches with actual content! And they promise new content every months. That was a total bull!@#$ from the get go! I honestly believe that even the main Devs themselves didn't believe in what they were promising to customers! In other words: scam-artists and good ones at that! After the first major patch the content drought became real. And even though they eased the attunement for raids, most players left the sinking ship. Server merges and such were upon us! Instead of giving us the actual new content the Dev team decided to milk the players to the fullest instead! They came up with another little scam: buy Wildstar game boxes and get exclusive items for every physical box you buy in a shop. And, yes, many people, including me, got suckered into that too! I, as shameful as it is to admit, bought 3 boxes to get all 3 items! Once the Wildstar dev team got a taste for easy, scammy money, there was literally no stopping them. Soon after, a Madame Fay coin lottery-like system was introduced as well as an in-game shop with costumes, mounts, pets, potions etc... Ofcourse, being a sucker, I bought a few mounts and costumes. Why? Because there was literally nothing new you could get by playing the game, because there were loooooong content droughts and bored people just kept quitting. The ones who stayed, just kept waiting.... for the content... that the devs kept promising will come one day. I don't know what the devs have been doing at WS all this time. I do strongly suspect a massive mismanagement of funds in that game and that the plan was to hype the game up, get as much sales and later micro-transactions as possible and bail to other scammy projects. I'm almost 100% sure that that's what has been happening behind the closed doors on Carbine studios. And my mind is firm on this and I'm not gonna sway from this viewpoint position. I have no tolerance left for scammers in the MMO industry, especially after what has happened with the EQNext. Now after what has been said and done... Do I wish the Wildstar Dev team luck in their career? Hell no! Actually, I think they should leave the industry all together! A dev team that has been responsible for creating and maintaining such massively failed MMO should be black listed from all the successful gaming companies. And I surely hope Blizzard will not hire ANY of them! if you worked for this mess called Wildstar, you should not work for any other MMOs. You've done your part already, thank you, no thank you. There just needs to be some personal responsibility for failure like that, so that failed, scammy devs don't go around working for other companies and ruining their products. A decent developer would leave Carbine as soon as it was evident that the game is nothing but a money-grabbing scam. And if you aren't a decent developer then leave the industry or go work for one of those Asian MMOs, aka Bless, so you can be where you belong.Empathetic4 3d
3d Pinpoint my computer's weaknesses if any I'm hoping someone can take a look at my individual computer parts and tell me why this game can be slightly sluggish for me, specifically in raids. I'm playing the really spammy outlaw spec. I'm casting an ability nearly every single GCD so it's very noticeable when the gameplay isn't fluid. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PvLCNN I built this thing four or five years ago and have only replaced the GPU and PSU recently since then. I have settings on "custom 1" in the System>Graphics tab while in raid. My GPU is typically at 50-60°C during a boss encounter. I've read that WOW supposedly puts a lot of stress on a single CPU core so maybe that's my rig's weak point? If more info is needed please let me know. Thanks so much for your time if you attempt to help me out.Lucas1 3d
3d Why are tempered glass cases so popular? Just curious why tempered glass cases so popular? I have one but curious why folks went that route.Aerbota36 3d
3d LF Horde player with I7-8700K and GTX1080 If you have this combo, can you please set graphics mode to 10, and set up this scene: (Or a 1080 and any other recent CPU) https://i.imgur.com/fp8c8De.jpg and let me know what your FPS is. I'm running an AMD R9 290, and I'm considering a jump to Nvidia instead of a newer AMD card. (For some reason, this view has large impact on FPS, so it's probably a good test.)Fugubar13 3d
3d Ryzen PTR performance? Has anyone had a chance to test out the new multithreaded optimisation in the PTR? Is the performance significant enough to favor a better multithreaded over single core performance CPU? Specifically asking for Ryzen, I've heard good things elsewhere but actual performance numbers have been very scarce.Viruletic3 3d
4d Redragon Perdition, side buttons wont keybind Just picked one up and installed their software. On their software is says I've keybound the side buttons to number pad - num 1, num 2, etc which is what I want. However in game when I press the side buttons they're just activating my normal 1 key. The same is true for the others, 2, 3 etc. Any advice?Gulyat10 4d
4d Is eso customizable like wow? I was in a car accident last January and can only play with my left hand but wow has great and easy to use addons that make it so I can easily use my razer Tartarus to play with one hand. I still like wow a lot but I’ve been wanting to try eso but only if it has addons or customization like wow so I can easily play with one hand. Basically, do you think I would have an easy time setting up everything like in wow?Tsumi0 4d
4d Why I Enjoy ESO: a Detailed Review I started playing Elder Scrolls Online last week, and it's a refreshing contrast to WoW. The main reasons I'm enjoying ESO include: * Graphics * Character creation choices * Character leveling choices * Crafting * Story and questing * Player progression * Choices, choices, and more choices Additional thoughts are covered at the end of this post. Graphics ESO's graphics are stunning. Check out this video, about 9 minutes in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEiNtkaQd4w. Youtube's resolution is much lower than ESO's, so the game looks better than the video. Character Creation Choices In WoW, so many characters look identical. In ESO, you could spend 30-60 minutes or more customizing your character. It's light years better. Character Leveling Choices In ESO, as you level, complete certain quests, and find skyshards, you gain attribute and skill points. You assign attribute points to magicka, health or stamina. You commit skill points to unlock (and later morph) a wide array of abilities in different categories (class, weapon, armor, world, guild, racial, and craft). The abilities you select level both as you level up and also as you use them. You have a tremendous amount of control over how your character progresses. In WoW, there is no choice of abilities within each spec, and you can make seven choices of A, B, or C talent (more in war mode). Crafting Each character can level all, some or none of the crafts: your choice. Leveling your crafting skills is complex, and it gives you a true sense of accomplishment. You refine raw mats, create things, improve weapons and gear, research traits, and deconstruct gear). This is unlike WoW, which is a combination of RNG (looking at you Nomi) and finding/learning recipes. In ESO, you can make enchants, enchant your gear, and change enchants. Story and Questing If you enjoyed Skyrim, you'll like ESO. So far, all of the quests have meaning and are part of quest lines that tell stories and build to conclusions. Each step is part of a story. I have yet to find a "kill 10 murlocs" or "fetch 8 toenail clippings" type quest, and WoW is loaded with them. Player Progression There is true player progression in ESO, through the wide choices of skills to level, crafting systems, and gear. There are not, to my knowledge, systems like artifacts and azerite, which come and go from expansion to expansion. Plus, you can join and level the fighters guild, mages guild, thieves guild, and dark brotherhood. You can be a werewolf or vampire, with perks and drawbacks. Choices, Choices, and More Choices ESO is designed to give players numerous choices in progression and all of the game systems I've encountered so far. WoW is moving rapidly in the other direction. Other Thoughts I can't speak to later-game content in ESO, e.g., instances, dailies and PvP. I know those features exist, but I haven't experienced them. There is no flying in ESO, but you can fast travel from anywhere and everywhere. In WoW, flying these days is something you obtain too late in the expac to enjoy (hello Pathfinder 1, 2, and Argus). In ESO, you can use IRL money to buy crowns and spend them in the crown store on appearances, mounts, pets, housing, furniture, and convenience items. ESO also sells loot boxes, which bothers me. But, ESO is an optional subscription game. Having a subscription doubles your bank size, gives you an unlimited craft bag, includes access to DLC others have to purchase, and gives you 1,500 (soon to be 1,650) crowns per month. ESO has no auction house. Players buy and sell items through individual guilds, and guilds bid to obtain prime selling locations each week (e.g., large city plazas). It's immersive but potentially frustrating. You can join up to five guilds. Addons help you find stuff. There are at most 12 ability buttons available as you progress in ESO (plus dodging, blocking, and interrupting in combat). The game is played on PC and console. This may bother some WoW players, but I use less than 12 abilities in a standard mob encounter in WoW, and a number of WoW abilities are long cooldowns I rarely use. RNG - WoW has (imo) a sickening amount of RNG. I don't know what ESO holds in store, but I'd bet it doesn't come close to WoW levels. My WoW sub ends in 3 or 4 days. I log in and almost immediately log out these days. I didn't buy BfA and likely won't. But I have 3 tokens in my bags, and I'll re-subscribe to WoW if/when things improve (hello shaman developers). If/when ESO feels like a chore and isn't fun, I'll unsub (*but will still be able to play*). Until then, I'm having a blast in ESO.Khaharin5 4d
4d upgrading pc to run at optimal settings just trying to upgrade my pc so i can play wow at higher settings but im not very tech savy. Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE PSU: Corsair cx 600 Processor: AMD FX-4300 speed:1399.92 MHz number of cores:4 Ram:6.0gb i dont really know what else info you guys would need i can run the game up to high graphics but the framrate is so bad its not playable and in raids and BGs i have to turn all my settings to the lowest possible to be able to play im trying to upgrade my pc but i dont know what needs to be replaced/upgradedIrõnhide9 4d
4d I am as free as my cart total! So after taxes I spent $1,776. Prices have changed since last night though. I am glad that I got the price down a bit and realized I was making a few bad decisions. Advising other people is easy, advising yourself, not so much. I will probably get an RGB rear fan soon and more memory (Paid $134.99 for the kit). Can't wait to go back gaming at 4k and having dual monitors :) PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jHMBxG Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jHMBxG/by_merchant/ CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor ($319.99 @ Newegg) Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($103.13 @ Amazon) Memory: ADATA - XPG SPECTRIX D41 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($174.55 @ Newegg) Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU650 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($66.99 @ Newegg) Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB NITRO+ Video Card ($499.99) Case: Cooler Master - MasterCase H500 ATX Mid Tower Case ($100.32 @ Newegg) Power Supply: SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.90 @ B&H) Monitor: LG - 24UD58-B 23.8" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor ($249.00 @ Amazon) Monitor: LG - 24MP59G-P 23.8" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor ($146.99 @ Amazon) Total: $1720.86 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-10 09:59 EDT-0400Snaeb14 4d
4d Either of these Used PCs Worth It? Would either of these pcs be worth purchasing used and then upgrading a little? Or would it be better just to build my own rig from scratch. 1) CPU Intel i5-4570 Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H RAM 8gb-1600 Crucial ballistic sport GPU EVGA GTX 670 FTW Powersupply PC Power and Cooling S75QB 750W Hard drive Crucial MX100 - 250gb Western Digital - 1TB Optic drive DVD Heatsink Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Case Lian Li PC-10n OS Windows 7 64 bit Priced @ $350 2) Corsair 750D Full Size ATX Tower Intel i5 4670k over clocked to 4.2GHz on low voltage Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler GTX 770 GPU with the reference cooler Gigabyte Z87X-D3H motherboard 8GBs 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Ram 750W Thermaltake SMART M Bronze PSU 120GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD TP-Link PCI WiFi Card Priced @ $550Gurgthok3 4d
4d No Compromise Gaming So I come here to you today because I wanted to make sure what I'm getting will run World of Warcraft on max graphic settings while in a raid environment with a few addons such as DBM, Recount..ect I'm in the predicament that I only have a disposable income of about 500 dollars per month. To build a PC on my own to my liking would take me a few months to save up to which I don't have the time for because I'm currently running on a old laptop that can barley play World of Warcraft on lowest settings without overheating within a hour. So I happen to stumble upon a site that deals in Custom Building PC's with a Rent to Own Basis. Even though after putting in my application and signing the paper work with proof of income and everything I was only able to be pre approve to build a PC that would have a 150 Dollar monthly payment(Original build I was looking at from them was a 430 Dollar monthly payment.) At any rate they told me they could build a PC to my liking that would run World of Warcraft on Max Graphics and I just want to be sure before I go through with this. $150.96 Per Month $1352 Cash Value 1 x Intel Core i5 Processor i5-4460 3.2GHz 6MB QUAD CORE Operating System 1 x Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Case 1 x APEVIA X-Hermes Case w/ Side Window-Blue Processor Cooling 1 x INTEL STANDARD PROCESSOR COOLING FAN Memory 1 x 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600MHz (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Motherboard 1 x ASUS H81M-E LGA1150/ Intel H81/ DDR3/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ MicroATX Graphics Card 1 x nVidia GeForce GTX970 4GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/DISPAY-PORT PCI-EXP Video Card Primary Hard Drive 1 x SEAGATE / WD 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB CACHE SATA 6.0Gb/s Power Supply 1 x CORSAIR 500 WATT HIGH PERFORMANCE POWER SUPPLY Optical Drive 1 x 24X DUAL LAYER DVD-RW It looks good on paper only things I really wish I could change would be a Blueray drive, Power supply , Hard Drive to a higher amount, Cooling Fans to Liquid Cooling and Intel i5 to a i7. My question to you will this run WoW on Highest Graphics with a few addons in a raid Environment and still get at least 60+ fps? As well since this is kind of a rush thing for me and I'd still have about 350 dollars disposable income every month would this computer be able to be further upgraded in the future? Heres the link to the company incase anyone else may be interested: http://www.nocompromisegaming.com/Neobeastx23 4d
4d What should I upgrade next? https://i.gyazo.com/57abc16b2bc40632fef1d0f74a54da90.png I'll be playing BOP4 and RDR2 once they are out and other games in the future. BOP4 ran smoothly. Only asking so it can make my PC more 'advanced' and because I have money to spare so I thought about a PC upgrade.Díonysus10 4d
5d A rig for WoW Hi all. As the title states I'd like to build a system for WoW. I want it to look terrific running at 1440p. Can it be done for under $1000 ? If so let's hear the suggestions. Thanks.Korasturad25 5d
5d What is Intel doing??? https://www.anandtech.com/show/13401/intel-9th-gen-cpus-9900k-9700k-9600k When I saw the 9700k for $400, I was about to drop any aspirations of a 2700x. But to strip hyperthreading for 2 extra cores? You went from 6c12t to 8c8t? I mean you're literally rebadging an 8700k slightly different. If this CPU was 8C16T I would be all over it. The 9900k is not a bad value, but way out of mine and most people's price range, especially since the 8700k should get a nice price cut. I think it's time for AMD to come in for the kill with 7nm.Snaeb20 5d
5d 2080 RTX Owners out there. What kind of FPS gains are you receiving? Current build is 3440x1440 120HZ Monitor i7 7700k 2080RTX 16GB Ram Was hoping for a noticeable jump in performance with the new graphics card but don't notice any improvement coming from my 1070. 50FPS in Boralus at 1440P with graphic settings to 7 When I get into dungeons it ranges from 70-100FPS was hoping I could max my setting to 10 and get a constant 90-100FPS but thats just a dream.Pumpins39 5d
5d Most Likely Going To Quit For Wild star The Fact that there is now a Que just to play a game... i have been waiting for 20 minutes. During raids getting gear is about 1 and a million. This game is out dated and boring and will see its downfall once Wild Star ReleasesGezelan60 5d
5d WildStar WoW 2.0? Is WildStar the next big mmo? The cartoony graphics, the combat, the funny ratchet and clank style vo, sci-fi/fantasy setting... this game seems to have everything. It almost seems too good to be true.Wasselin205 5d
5d Is TESO really any good now? Hi folks, I'm looking for a new MMORPG to play. I have played or tried practically all of them, excluding TESO. Is it worth the while now? Thanks in advance for any answer!Goodberry5 5d
5d Is Aion still a thing? I've been hearing a lot about Aion lately going through some major changes soon and was wondering if anybody here still plays the game. I was considering giving it another try after many, many years, but I don't want to waste my time if the game is dead or dying.Surora4 5d
5d Guild Wars 2 Charr Created my guild wars 2 Charr guardian which is the Guild Wars 2 equivalent to the World of Warcraft Paladin available to Alliance Dark Iron Dwarf Lightforged Draenei Draenei Dwarf & Human but Horde Blood Elf and Mulgore Tauren possibly Zandalari Troll and upon playing my Charr guardian I immediately noticed that they're a hybrid of these two world of Warcraft Races Tauren for their cow horns and tail and run stance taken from the Worgen running wild. Has anyone here in the forums created a Charr guardian like me?Britneyann4 5d
5d I might go Gsync Current parts list: Ryzen 7-2700x 4x8GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair RGB ASrock B450M Pro 4 Corsair 280x RGB +1 extra LL120 RGB Zotac GTX 1080 Mini Seasonic Focus+ Gold 550W Samsung 970 Evo 250GB NVME SSD (Buying used) 3TB HDD (Already have) Dell S2417DG (Open Box for $320) Another Dell 1080p IPS 23.8inch display Total comes to about 2k, I really am thinking about pulling the trigger.Snaeb26 5d