Games, Gaming and Hardware

May 4, 2011 Spoiler Warning and Guidelines Be warned that entering this forum you are opening yourself up to potential spoilers. The discussion of books, games, and movies are simply and completely prone to spoilers to many degrees. Without discussing the information proposed in these mediums, there isn’t much of a discussion to be had. It is therefore on you as an observer to choose where and when to enter into the possibility of seeing spoilers. We do not require spoiler tags or otherwise require any warning that a thread may contain a spoiler. You should assume that when clicking on a thread you will see spoilers on that topic. With that in mind we do have some rules to ensure it can continue to be your choice as to where and when you see spoilers while on these forums. Spoilers do not directly violate the rules of this forum as long as: They are not contained within thread subject lines. Posting a thread with a title that is itself a spoiler will result in a harsh penalty. They are reasonable within the context of the thread. Jumping into a thread to post a spoiler that’s off-topic, or creating a thread with a misleading subject line to reveal a spoiler, will result in a harsh penalty. Like all moderation, we reserve the right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based on our discretion.Bashiok0 May 4, 2011
May 3, 2011 Zero Tolerance Forum – Please Read We really hope everyone enjoys posting and interacting in the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums, and to ensure that they remain an enjoyable place, we’re taking a zero tolerance policy in our moderation of them. Moderation in this forum (or the other Games, Entertainment & Technology forums) will be especially robust, foregoing the normal progression of deletions/suspensions and proceeding directly to a one month final warning suspension, or permanent ban of all posting privileges for infractions of the posting policies or guidelines. Here are some key points to keep in mind while posting here: Zero Tolerance This is a zero tolerance forum. Being ignorant of or purposefully disobeying the intent of these forums, the forum Code of Conduct, and/or these guidelines will be dealt with strictly. This is Not an Off-Topic Forum The Games, Entertainment & Technology forums are specifically and purposefully labeled with very specific topics. Discussion outside of these specific topics, like all other forums, is not allowed and will be moderated with zero tolerance. No Politics/Religion There is no tolerance for discussion of politics or religion in this or any Battle.net forum. While we appreciate people’s beliefs and political ideals, they are not appropriate to be discussed or mentioned within these walls, even if brought up objectively. No Hatred Hatred against individuals or groups in any manner, for any reason, will not be tolerated. No Illicit Topics This is mostly geared toward warning against any intent to discuss drug-use, but can and will extend to any topics of an illegal nature that are deemed to not be pertinent to the discussions allowed in this forum. Moderation is At Our Discretion Like all moderation, we are within our right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based purely on our discretion. All of that scary stuff out of the way, please go, talk, and enjoy the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums! Kaivax0 May 3, 2011
May 3, 2011 Welcome to the Games discussion forum! In this forum, feel free to discuss anything related to games, gaming and hardware. Whether you want to talk about a non-Blizzard game, discuss a console, or ask for PC hardware purchase advice, this is the place. Before you get started, please pay careful attention to the unique moderation policy for this forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456450500 Further reading - Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#2 Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521 Getting the Most Out of the Forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2016792409 Contact List: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#3 Community Managers: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#4 MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#5Kaivax0 May 3, 2011
10m Is Gsync really necessary? Sup guys, I'm about to build a pc and I'm trying to pick out a good monitor. I'm trying to understand how important gsync is as a feature. I understand the point of it is to prevent tearing and make everything silky smooth, but I've also heard that with a high refresh rate monitor and a powerful gpu, the gsync doesn't really do anything. Anybody have experience with this for WoW? I will be getting a 1080 ti graphics card, and I'm primarily shopping for a 24" 1440p monitor with at least 144hz refresh rate. Trying to find a 24" monitor with gsync that isn't $700 has been annoying, all the gsyncs seem to be 27". But if I finally got everything set up and had tearing I would probably cry. I pretty much only play wow and destiny 2 if that makes a difference. Any tips greatly appreciated!Supersnake6 10m
48m Mouse/Keyboard Choices? I have been getting out of my bad habit of keyboard turning. So I saw some guides on mouse turning and using a and d to strafe. since my abilities will be on the keyboard now near where wasd is, should i still get a gaming keyboard with the extra buttons that can be programmed and a multi button mouse or is that pointless?Seitgar4 48m
1h Anti-Aliasing Wondering which setting is best for anti aliasing in warcraftErader12 1h
1h Amd or intel/nvidia Gonna be upgrading soon and wondering what would be better. Can get a I5 kaby lake that will work with current motherboard and a 6gb 1060 Gtx or for around same price can get a 8gb 580 and a nice motherboard with a amd ryzen 5Holdrie16 1h
1h Performance question Good morning, everyone. I'm building my first pc in a few days, and I was wondering what performance I could get out of it. Here's the pc https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t7vytg I'm not going for 120fps at ultra or anything. I'm shooting for a mostly stable 60 at medium. If this isn't capable, what upgrades would you recommend?Maryk13 1h
4h What do I need to run on ultra? I have been running WoW on a MacBook Pro 2015 with Retina display and it has been okay at lower settings. I have decided to look into building a PC and would like some opinions from others who have done the same. I only play WoW and the other purpose for this computer is just for basic Microsoft office needs. That being said, I would like to run ultra settings and not have any issues. I have a 28” 1080p for peripherals. What would you suggest for hardware? I’m from Canada and plan on going through memory expressGreatbane2 4h
9h Returning to game Have a new computer, mist reload the game. Any suggestions to best way to load it. Cd,s or download from battlenet. I have a 40 gig cap, any suggestions will be appreciated..Bwitched3 9h
9h 7700k vs 8700k difference for WoW. Hey guys, Will you see a lot of performance gains with the 8700k? after upgrading from 7700k? Like is it worth it or.. because I have to replace the motherboard as well.Kolkol3 9h
13h Question to those who played witcher 3 I really like drustar its one if my favorite WoW areas to date i like it so much im looking for ps4 games that resemble it and i stumbled on witcher 3, would it be a good recommendation?Babidi7 13h
15h Looking for options, Hardware stupid. So, i've been trying to spend a fair bit of time learning about hardware and how to tell what is good and whats not, and i'm just struggling to understand still. When I first originally built my PC, I had a friend help me do it, and while he taught me a few things, trying to get his help now is like pulling teeth, and I have no one else to really turn to. I've been pretty awful at self-teaching myself how to build a PC, and so i'm turning to this subreddit in hopes that I can get some help. My goal: Basically to be able to max out WoW for the new few years to come. The PC that I have now was able to run Legion fine, but now that BFA has launched, my PC has had some trouble, and I think it may be time to upgrade. I'd like to branch my PC out more to be able to play some of the games coming out soon (Doom Eternal comes to mind) beyond just WoW, but my main game for PC is WoW. While I don't know how to find every single part in my PC, I can get you some of the current items that I have. They are as follows: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50ghz RAM: 8gigs (Not sure what kind, maybe DDR3, idk and don't know how to tell) GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 As for the motherboard and such, that is something that I would have to get you information for tomorrow. But this is what I am currently working with. I appreciate it any help you guys give me, as this is a page I would like to bookmark and come back to later. I can't say that I have a set budget, but if I was building a PC from the ground up, anywhere from 700-800 dollars would be ideal. I am currently saving money to be able to buy these parts, so my budget can increase.Arbjorn18 15h
15h Mouse and Keyboard Enough talk about Intel, AMD, and Nvidia! Post your keyboard and rodent of choice for battle. Mouse - Corsair M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse Keyboard - Logitech G15 original with the flip LCD panelLilybugg14 15h
15h GTX 1060 6gb good for 1440p? Hey guys look I am not even gonna play, when it comes to putting together PCs understanding monitors is my weak point so I need some help please. Just put together a nice little mid-range rig: Gfx: Evga 1060 6GB (I got the "Superclocked" one) RAM: 16gb of 3200MHz Proc: i5 7600K Okies, right now I am running this rig on an older 27" Dell Ultrasharp and save a few 20fps dips here and there I get 60 frames pretty much consistently. This monitor is 1080p. Okies so here are the questions <3 1) If I get a new monitor that is 1440p can I still run WoW at 60fps without turning anything down? My framerate MUST remain @ 60 2) What kind of panel do I get to make sure I have a wide viewing angle? This is very important to me. I am looking at something like this: Dell UltraSharp U2715H 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor https://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00P0EQD1Q Florence21 15h
19h Best RGB GPU?? The last piece of my RGB Build, my gpu. Currently Running Asus Rog Strix z370-e Mobo 32 GB of Gskill Tridentz Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi cpu cooler So my question is what would you say is the gpu that has the best RGB? Only one I see that sticks out is the EVGA 1080ti. (1080ti cards is what im looking for)Mikeybx2 19h
19h Need help with upgrading my pc Let me first start of I'm new to pc gaming and I just start playing wow like couple of weeks ago. My computer is kinda old (I got it pre build in 2013) I'm lagging quite a bit and looking for people advice what should I upgrade first. here is my spec. Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor 3.80 ghz Installed RAM: 8:00 GB Motherboard: MSI 760GM-P34(FX) (MS-7641) Power Supply: Turbolink Swittching pwer supply model ATX-TL500W-BK Hard Drive: Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB Graphic Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT610 If you need more Information please let me know. I really wany to play on a high setting with good fps but is kinda hard to keep playing on medium sometime. I hope someone can help me out.Snog3 19h
1d Blizzcon Virtual Tickets Just simply want to know if they will go on sale again.Xeros2 1d
1d Looking for upgrade advice So I'm looking to get advice if I can upgrade any of my hardware for around $300. If you could upgrade anything here, what would it be? MB : ASROCK H81M-VG4 Processor : Intel i5 - 4670 3.40 Ghz Power Supply : Proton 550W Graphics Card : nVidia GeForce GTX 970 RAM : 8GB (2 4GB DDR3 sticks) Hard Drive : Western Dig 7200 RPM 1TB The MB only supports 2 ram slots. I looked at upgrading the processor but would a budget of $300-$350 really get me much better than what I have now? I can get around 100 fps on high settings with this build. My concern is that this system is almost 3 years old now. I'm a noob when it comes to over clocking so I don't want to push it too far and fry something.Wrathofkandy15 1d
1d Minor gripe about the gear store. So I know this is really petty but I want to voice it anyway. I noticed a lot of the warcraft tees recently added to the gear store were men's only. Also I noticed that for the ladies they had freaking baby carriers! Like come on Blizzard. I know it's not the majority but a decently large percentage of WoW's players are actually women. I'm a teeny little person so even Men's smalls are pretty big on me. Us ladies want nice t-shirts too.Celuka4 1d
1d #1 Video Regarding WoW and PC Performance https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vIjTIIfIo2Q EnjoyAmkypoo8 1d
2d Can this run wow in ultra settings smoothly? Currently legit in Best Buy and I'm unsure if I should buy this PC. I won't be building. ASUS INTEL CORE 15-8400 PC * Intel core i5-8400 Processor at 2.8GHZ * 8GB DDR4 Ram Memory; 1 TB Hard Drive; 128 GB SSD NVIDA GEFORCE GTX 1050 Graphics Card with 2 GB memory Bluetooth HDMI ROG STRIX GL12 Series Also worried about it overheating. I only play Wow and overwatch just want it to run WoW max graphics 100% perfectly and smoothly. don't play anything else. Need a reply asap as my card expires in 20 mins. I just want to know if it can run high or ultra smoothly and perfectly.Säfire4 2d
2d Good upgrade, I think. Especially for the money. I went from around 100 down / 15 up to this for one cent more on my bill (altered bundle rules for TWC/Spectrum locally). https://imgur.com/a/QspxMoB edited - fixed the up/down thing.Ehiztari4 2d
2d First rig - need help EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, 08G-P4-6183-KR, 8GB GDDR5X, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 | ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard | Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.6 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W BX80684I58600K Desktop | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s 2.5"/7mm Solid State Drive - WDS500G2B0A Anything you guys see that I'm missing? not worried about the power supply. the one I have could power a rocket.Shord5 2d
2d Sister's new PC for BFA, Pics included! Just submitted for a build on PCPartPicker. I left full detailed explanations for each part choice in that post along with a few pics of the PC. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/fY8Ycf RGB in action: https://youtu.be/YYBt7IRRv3c This is the new build my sister is going to be using for gaming including for BFA. We had a tight budget but luckily we were able to snag a build with minimal compromises while getting some nice aesthetics. Everything came out to just under $1250 CAD after our 13% tax and shipping. Here is a full breakdown on the parts in the build:... To say this was an upgrade from her old PC is an understatement and already she is enjoying the new found performance! So what do you guys think about this new build or what would you have done differently if anything?Connoisseur7 2d
3d Nintendo Switch and Zelda Hi all, On the fence about whether to buy the Switch and Zelda BOTW. Never played Zelda before but being a RPG fan (Obviously) its caught my intention but I'm not sure whether I'd like it, looks super cartoony. For anyone that's played it, is it good? Is there towns/villages/quest npcs somewhat similar to WoW? I was really waiting for Skyrim to come out and then purchase it but seeing my colleagues play Zelda is making me re-think! Thanks.Horathol11 3d
3d Budget PC for BFA I have never built a gaming rig before so needless to say i am not very knowledgeable when it come to specs of a computer and differentiating between what parts are good and what are bad. I have set a budget of $650-700 for my build and would like some help in knowing what to get within that budget so that i can actually enjoy 60fps and good graphics for the first time in wow. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.Môofasa2 3d
3d Buying a desktop So I plan on buying a desktop to play WoW and potentially other games if the urge arise, but I have limited knowledge about computer specs. Is the computer listed below good, particularly for the price, $1269 US? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-liquid-cool-desktop-intel-i7-8700k-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-120gb-ssd-2tb-hdd-black/6128517.p?skuId=6128517 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Intel i7-8700K Processor 3.7 gigahertz 16GB DDR4 RAM memory 120GB SSD + 2TB Hard drive In addition, I have literally no knowledge about monitors, any recommendations?Pawprinter3 3d
3d Bought this gaming headset, not sold in USA So about a month ago I was interested in trying this headset, its called Xiaomi Gaming Headset. Xiaomi is a China brand (yea yea I know about peoples stance about China products). Because you can't find this in America anywhere, I had some help from a friend of mine in China. So I paid him like 350 Chinese Yuan (some where around $50) because it was cheaper than going to some other website and took almost a month to arrive. So here it is https://imgur.com/a/6THF4jb It has a 3.5 mm headphone jack for the phone and a USB Type C to Type A to connect to your PC Now this headset have drivers to use RGB and such, trying to find the drivers on a chinese website was hard until I had him help me guide me lol. So I got the drivers installed and they look like this https://imgur.com/a/4U1Qgqt Now I have no idea what in the fel it says because theres no English option, so I decided to modify the drivers myself :D https://imgur.com/a/aMLCCfK As you can see in that picture I changed the volume and microphone words to "Battle for Azeroth" LOL but anyway besides that, for the microphone, this is the interesting part... It's built right in the ear cups, where that hole is at https://imgur.com/a/KYeLOBH I tested on turning on my TV and going on full blast, it will not pick up the background noise only my voice. So I thought where they put the microphone at was pretty neat honestly. Now for the quality part on using it? Its really soft material, feels good and very light, does not get hot at my ears for long periods of time. Overall, it's pretty nice for a Chinese brand, but if you don't know Chinese language you'll probably have a hard time trying to adjust settings. I only got it because it's the same brand as my phone which is this https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Mi-Mix-Unlocked-Warranty/dp/B075SBJ3T2 and thought to myself why not try it? Wasn't expensive and seemed interesting at first to me.You0 3d
3d Specs needed to run WoW at max settings? Greetings, I've been running WoW at medium-ish settings for a while now and getting roughly 50 fps. If I bump my settings up to high (not ultra) then I can get around 35 fps, but the drop isn't really worth it for me. I'm considering making some upgrades to my PC, as I would really like to be able to max the settings in WoW and maintain a high fps, but I'm afraid I don't know very much about upgrading computers and what I need to prioritize to get the most bang for my buck. Any help would be appreciated! I have included my current specs below: ASUS Desktop PC G11CB_G11CD Series Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1703 OS Build: 15063.483 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 Installed RAM: 16.0 GB System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorFugolo14 3d
3d Mouse for left-handers I've been trying to find the "right" mouse for some time now, and unfortunately for the 10-ish percent of people who are left handed, this seems to be very difficult. What I am looking for is essentially two criteria: 1) Tilt wheel (tilt left and right are my preferred strafe binds) 2) Thumb buttons on the RIGHT-HAND side of the mouse, where my LEFT thumb would go There are plenty of ambidextrous devices with 1 or 2 buttons under your left thumb, but it is very difficult to find a larger set of thumb buttons there. Additionally, virtually every ambidextrous mouse I have found does not have a tilt wheel. So far, the only product I can find seems to be the 2014 version of the Razer Naga, which is the only year that included a left-handed model. Unfortunately, no one seems to have this in stock except for a very small handful of stores who sell it for $200. It appears to be discontinued. Can't be certain. The only other option is the Logitech G903, which has the tilt wheel, but only has two buttons under the left-hand thumb which mirror the other side as it is not a left handed device, but an ambidextrous device. Has anyone else found a mouse at a reasonable price that has tilt wheel AND left-hand thumb buttons? Halp!Noxtenebrae37 3d
3d travel, need new laptop. Any Suggestions? This is tough for me since i have new requirements - light and mobile but able to play wow. I have limited time, so I only play wow. Been that way for years and dont see that changing anytime soon. I have done my searches and it just left me more confused. I am hoping that someone has done way more research than me and is willing to give me some advice on a good purchase. My "needs": Lightweight and able to run wow on good settings. 15 inch largest I would go and would like it thin (ish). No budget, but was going in to this thinking i would spend 1500 (ish) thanks for any help!Entraps7 3d
3d Why is G-sync... Only working for DX12? I've turned on the G-sync indicator from the NVIDIA control panel. When i launch WoW using DX11 i don't see the Logo: G-sync is on. But with DX12 it's working fine.. Any helpful Thoughts?Kolkol45 3d
3d Looking for opinions on this PC build So I'll start by saying that I have zero skill in building a computer. I added RAM to a desktop one time back in 2010. That sums up my experience! So I was wondering if you all could lend some advice on this build? It's on the pricier side of what I would like to spend, but I'm fine paying up front if it'll add longevity. Specs: CPU - Intel Core i7-8700 Coffee Lake (3.7 GHz) GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB MB - ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6GB/s RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 SSD - Samsung 250GB HD - Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 7200 RPM Power Supply - Corsair CX650 Thank you in advance!Groknal9 3d
4d Good MMO Mouse? Looking to get one of those mouses with a bunch of side buttons. Any suggestions for a good one?Luyten4 4d
4d Need help buying a pre-built PC. I have no idea on how to build a PC, and either way, I don't have room for a very large PC, so I'm just quickly looking to buy a pre-built, will any of these computers be worth it, and will run World of Warcraft, and plenty of other games with good graphics, and not laggy? Option 1: MSI Tident: https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX71875 Option 2: The CyberPower: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/cyberpowerpc-gamer-master-pc-amd-ryzen-5-2tb-hdd-120gb-ssd-16gb-ram-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-eng/10743314.aspx? Option 3: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/cyberpowerpc-cyberpowerpc-ultra-gua600-gaming-pc-amd-fx-6300-2tb-hdd-16gb-ram-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-eng-gua600/10528291.aspx?icmp=Recos_3across_tp_sllng_prdcts If you guys have any recommendations let me know! I think my max $1,600.Sàpped3 4d
4d Cost effective gaming laptop for WoW I am just getting back into WoW after a two year break followed by an eight year break and could use some advice on a cost effect gaming laptop. I found one on JB Hi-Fi's website for about $1600.00 and it seems to marry up with the requirements for WoW. Just wondering if someone could look at the specs and help me out? 15.6" Full HD Anti-Glare WLED-Backlit Display (1920x1080) 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 7700HQ (2.8GHz-3.8GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) 128GB SSD M.2 PCIe + 1TB 5400RPM Hard Disk Drive Storage 8GB DDR4L-2400 SDRAM (1 DIMM) NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX1050 Graphics with 4GB GDDR5 Video Memory B&O Play Dual Speakers 802.11 ac Wi-Fi + Bluetooth v4.2 Multi-format Card Reader 1 x HDMI Ports 3 x USB 3.1 Ports Windows 10 HomeSterillin5 4d
4d Looking for a new PC I currently have a 2012 Macbook Pro that is on its last legs. I just downloaded BFA and it is UNGODLY slow. I have a low IQ when it comes to computers and building one is almost out of the question (considering my knowledge). My budget is around $500-$600 and I figured I'd come to you guys for help. Any links to PCs that will get the job done? I don't need a flashy gaming computer, just something that will run BFA efficiently. Thanks in advance!Wäzzi4 4d
4d FPS Issues. Upgrade Hardware, or eGPU? Hey guys, want some input. With the release of BFA, ive been having bad fps drops. Out in the world leveling, i get 60 FPS, but sometimes it will dip to 30, or even 20. In major hubs i average about 25fps. I have played around with my ui, addons, messed with the graphic settings, and still seeing the same results. I think i may need a hardware upgrade. Mind you i am playing on a 34" 1440, 120hz ultrawide. Below are my specs: Alienware 34" 3440x1440 120hz Gsync Monitor Intel Core i5-4690K Processor 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I54690K MSI MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard GTX 1080 TI 16 GB DDR3 Ram I believe the culprit is the CPU, as i think its being bottlenecked. To upgrade i would need new CPU, motherboard, and Ram, which pricing stuff out, im at $800. The alternative is i already have the Razer Blade, which has an i7, 16gb ram and a 1060. I was thinking about getting an eGPU, for less money as above ($500), and sticking my 1080ti in there, and playing on the monitor. The only con i see here is i lose out harddrive space, as it is only a 500gb SSD, which isnt the end of the world i guess.... Which do you think would be the best performance/cost ratio? Also if you think my current setup is viable and have any tips to improve perfomance, im open to suggestions as well.Bacstabath6 4d
4d Fallout 76 question Can you confirm with proof if fallout 76 will let you go from 1st person to 3rd person shooter when you want?Cardassian3 4d
5d If you need a $550 pc for BoA I constantly see people asking for pre-built PC help so I'm dropping this here for the week. The AMD 570 will play WoW on ultra settings at 1080p and Ryzen 1400 has enough single core IPC to offer good frame rate https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/653277/Dell-Inspiron-Desktop-PC-AMD-Ryzen/Lilybugg5 5d
5d gtx 1070 or 1070 ti for BFA max all settings so i have a gtx 650 ti right now and i'm looking to play bfa on ultra everything (including anti-aliasing because i will be in 1080p) 1080p 60fps monitor i5 3570 6GB ddr3 1600mhz RAM (can upgrade this easily if necessary) 256GB SSD In my old desktop i had a 1070 and played everything ultra in 1080p 144hz, but with the tweaks in graphics for BFA im wondering if i should spend a bit more and future proof with a 1070 ti. I know a bit, but im not an expert, but i think my processor will be fine for at least a few more years.Escape30 5d
5d Will AMD A12 Radion R7 play bfa at all? Or will I get some message that says unsupported and refuses to load the game and let me try suffering the modest fps outside raids? I saw a mix of 'you'll be fine mate' and 'unfortunately not' and 'blizzard doesn't support graphics cards that old' on an older thread where someone asked whether a machine very much like this would be able to run bfa. I think the difference in responses is because some people are thinking of solo questing at graphics setting 3 while others are thinking of mythic raiding at graphics setting 9. Will this machine do some dungeons and pvp in old or new content at graphics setting 3 with maybe ground clutter, view distance, and particle effects set to min or zero? Or will I get a big old prompt that says my gpu is not supported and doesn't let me login? Lenovo Ideapad 15ABR 15.6" HD High Performance Laptop (2017), AMD A12-9720P Quad core processor 2.7GHz, 8GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, DVD, Webcam, WiFi, Bluetooth, Windows 10 https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074WFZJ1D/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hzaNamtabmi15 5d
5d DX12 or DX11? Using NVIDIA 1080ti.. Sometimes 12 better sometimes 11 better... What are you using and why?Kolkol5 5d
5d AMD (Radeon) Disappointed Me I have a teenage nephew that I gifted an old GTX 970 recently so he could play PUBG with better quality. Thought I'd get a GTX 1060 3GB to replace it in this secondary PC. I saw an RX 570 4GB for under $200 and grabbed it instead. All the benchmarks I've read show it being pretty much the same as a GTX 970 and just a tad slower than what I was considering. Well, it is pretty good in all my other games and slightly beats the GTX 970 in benchmarks, but WoW is still definitely Nvidia favored. With the GTX 970 on a 1920x1200 monitor with an i7 4770 I was able to use a mix of 9 and 10 settings with 4X MSAA (basically shadows on Ultra, environmental detail on 8 and view distance on 8 - everything else maxed) and keep close to 60 FPS in most scenarios. The RX 570 could only manage the 7 preset and it still dipped below 60 FPS in many more spots. Again, in my other games is fine. Oh, an DX11 or DX12 make no difference. I'm going to see if I can return it. Its been about four years since I had an AMD card and was hoping with DX12 they would manage better in WoW, but yeah, its still firmly in the Nvidia camp it seems.Revelin55 5d
5d Want a 4k monitor. Help! Hello, I want to upgrade to a 4k monitor. I am running a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti on my Origin PC. I just want a nice large screen. Any education that I can get from you all will be greatly appreciated.Smalltalk5 5d
5d So new AMD GPU drivers has BfA support https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-8-1 ... Wondering if this changes performance on DX 12 now...You22 5d
5d Rate my $600 budget build! CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1300X MOBO: MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen B350 RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 8GB Single DDR4 HDD: Western Digital 1 TB SSD: Patriot 120GB PSU: EVGA 500W GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4G CASE: Cooler Master Lite 3.1 Total cost: $607. Includes shipping+tax The idea was to keep it around $600 while getting a solid build for BFA and no upgrades until Classic(I’ll likely only play classic after it’s released) Let me know what you think! Edit: Forgive me if this is a double post, I’m on my phone and it doesn’t appear my last post went through!Silco45 5d
5d Low FPS and Graphic Issues Since I started to play Wow again, I have noticed some huge performance drops. I normally play games that are even more demanding, and usually have good FPS and no glaring issues. But since i started WoW this x-pac my performance has tanked. I am not very tech savvy at all, but i have updated my drivers, and messed around in the in game settings. Any help at all is greatly Appreciated! Specs: Processor AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor Video Card Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics RAM 8.0 GBJinzugu5 5d
5d Looking for opinion on PC purchase Hello, With BfA right around the corner I decided to spend some money on myself which I rarely do, especially when it comes to something that isn't broken (My PC + Laptop) I'm not looking for the best, or even close to a PC, I mostly just do BG's, Dungeons, Raid finder, Quests, etc. So it's not like i'm a hardcore raider that needs to have a top-end PC. My Current PC that I purchased probably 5-6 years ago was 300$ I did maybe 20-30 mins of looking at different PC's, and decided on this one since it was 300$ (Same as mine except way-out dated) and it was the last one and after looking at its specs, I just assumed that it will perform decent/quite good for the type of stuff i do on WoW (Listed above) If anyone could please let me know if you think this would be alright for the type of stuff I do, and that things would run smooth during those situations, I would like to hear it. Thanks so much and hope to get some information https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Custom-Built-Quad-Core-Gaming-PC-3-4GHZ-Computer-4GB-1TB-A8-9600-AM4-R7-DDR4/332608181127?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 Edit: Like I said though, If you were to look at my achieves, I am mostly hardcore in PvP - Random BG's, Arena here and there, Rated BG's Other than that, this expansion kinda killed my current PC for Dungeons, Barely runs them on lowest settings without freezing in middle of one (this including Raids) So yes, I really am just a PvP'er, World quests, Dungeons here and there etc. and I would love to be able to have things run very smooth for those type of aspectsPadillac16 5d