Games, Gaming and Hardware

May 4, 2011 Spoiler Warning and Guidelines Be warned that entering this forum you are opening yourself up to potential spoilers. The discussion of books, games, and movies are simply and completely prone to spoilers to many degrees. Without discussing the information proposed in these mediums, there isn’t much of a discussion to be had. It is therefore on you as an observer to choose where and when to enter into the possibility of seeing spoilers. We do not require spoiler tags or otherwise require any warning that a thread may contain a spoiler. You should assume that when clicking on a thread you will see spoilers on that topic. With that in mind we do have some rules to ensure it can continue to be your choice as to where and when you see spoilers while on these forums. Spoilers do not directly violate the rules of this forum as long as: They are not contained within thread subject lines. Posting a thread with a title that is itself a spoiler will result in a harsh penalty. They are reasonable within the context of the thread. Jumping into a thread to post a spoiler that’s off-topic, or creating a thread with a misleading subject line to reveal a spoiler, will result in a harsh penalty. Like all moderation, we reserve the right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based on our discretion.Bashiok0 May 4, 2011
May 3, 2011 Zero Tolerance Forum – Please Read We really hope everyone enjoys posting and interacting in the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums, and to ensure that they remain an enjoyable place, we’re taking a zero tolerance policy in our moderation of them. Moderation in this forum (or the other Games, Entertainment & Technology forums) will be especially robust, foregoing the normal progression of deletions/suspensions and proceeding directly to a one month final warning suspension, or permanent ban of all posting privileges for infractions of the posting policies or guidelines. Here are some key points to keep in mind while posting here: Zero Tolerance This is a zero tolerance forum. Being ignorant of or purposefully disobeying the intent of these forums, the forum Code of Conduct, and/or these guidelines will be dealt with strictly. This is Not an Off-Topic Forum The Games, Entertainment & Technology forums are specifically and purposefully labeled with very specific topics. Discussion outside of these specific topics, like all other forums, is not allowed and will be moderated with zero tolerance. No Politics/Religion There is no tolerance for discussion of politics or religion in this or any Battle.net forum. While we appreciate people’s beliefs and political ideals, they are not appropriate to be discussed or mentioned within these walls, even if brought up objectively. No Hatred Hatred against individuals or groups in any manner, for any reason, will not be tolerated. No Illicit Topics This is mostly geared toward warning against any intent to discuss drug-use, but can and will extend to any topics of an illegal nature that are deemed to not be pertinent to the discussions allowed in this forum. Moderation is At Our Discretion Like all moderation, we are within our right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based purely on our discretion. All of that scary stuff out of the way, please go, talk, and enjoy the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums! Kaivax0 May 3, 2011
May 3, 2011 Welcome to the Games discussion forum! In this forum, feel free to discuss anything related to games, gaming and hardware. Whether you want to talk about a non-Blizzard game, discuss a console, or ask for PC hardware purchase advice, this is the place. Before you get started, please pay careful attention to the unique moderation policy for this forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456450500 Further reading - Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#2 Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521 Getting the Most Out of the Forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2016792409 Contact List: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#3 Community Managers: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#4 MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#5Kaivax0 May 3, 2011
30m Biggest, baddest, blackest spiders. List some games that have arachnids which make your skin crawl. Make you want to weep for mercy. Give me some eight legged munsters. Yeah, munsters.Vampiriç2 30m
2h GPU is not used while moving Attention I fixed the problem while writing this. Delete your Config file (in the WTF folder) in you world of warcraft folder to fix the problem. Thought I'd post to remind people about this simple fix. System Info: System Model: Z97N-WIFI Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4360 CPU @ 3.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.7GHz GTX 1050 TI Game is on 850 EVO 250GB When I am not moving my gpu is pegged at 50 - 100% use yet while moving (jumps to 80+) then drops to 1-15% and fps dropsCoolglasses0 2h
3h Acer Okay guys I have a decision to make - I like Acer, hence it's coming down to either the Z1 Z271 or the x34. I like the curved screens hence those choices. I have a hard time seeing that the x34 is double the price of the Z1, I know, I know it's IPS, high res, and it's an ultrawide!! weeeee But I have a hard time believing that the height is relatively equivalent to the length of this monster. Figuring it looks more like a column on it's side then a rectangular shaped monitor. I would love any input at all from any x34 owners out there and how they find playing WOW or any other games with such a wide screen, I would think it would look stretched or simply odd. Thanks.Shybriwarloc6 3h
4h Spectre: Will you update your BIOS ASRock finally released the firmware/BIOS update for Spectre, which if I'm not mistaken protects against type 1 vulnerability, while Windows OS updates protect against Meltdown and Type 2 Spectre vulnerabilities. Also, apparently, BIOS updates impact performance the most, while Spectre itself isn't likely to affect consumers. Additionally, browsers appear to be the primary vectors of this malicious activity, and Google has already stated they have software mitigation in Chrome that does not impact performance. My question is, will you update your BIOS?Salhezra18 4h
4h Bitcoin is crashing.. HARD! This is good!! Sometime after 1/16/18 around 2 AM CST, Bitcoin just crashed all the sudden.... went from 14k to about 12k. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/ All kinds of coins you hear or see are all tied to Bitcoin, so if Bitcoin goes down, the other coins go down with it. If these said coins continue to drop hard, miners will finally realize how stupid they were doing trying to buy things like 160 1080 ti's to make quick cash. This is good and bad for us however. Finally new cards will be coming in stock, but at the same time you'll have a mass flood of used cards on resellers like eBay for example. Never buy a used gpu from eBay at this time because these said cards were very likely tormented with heat 24/7 and you don't know the condition of the said card. Now if it continues to go down more and more, great, everyone will have a chance to get new GPUs again. and if it doesn't.... it doesn't sadly.You16 4h
6h Tethering Qs So I've not had internet for 3 weeks. Broken trunk apparently. ISP is sending a dongle to tether with 100gb data on it. I'm curious if anyone has updated info on how much data per hour wow uses, what difference in latency I should expect, if any, and what kind of issues I'd have if I tried to run Discord with it while WoW is connected. I'm hoping to be able to rejoin my raid team, as I have no idea how long this is going to take to fix. They told me the 22nd but since they're delayed on a lot of stuff with the absolute beast weather we've had up here, I'm expecting a text saying "Yeah, we have another delay." Thanks in advance. I know it's not optimal but I'm going through withdrawals lmao.Svenska6 6h
8h Best Laptop for WoW under $1000.00 Best Laptop for Wow under $1000.00, I know desktops are much more preferred but I am needing a new laptop and wanted to get one that would run WoW well. What are my best options for 800 to 1000 dollars? Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.Aarp1 8h
15h Optical drive Hello guys, can someone recommend an optical drive for a 900$ gaming computer? I've been reading a lot of reviews for some and usually they don't come with sata cables. -thanksBonuroushizn17 15h
21h GTX 1050 Or 750ti for Acer A10-7800 PC So I bought a new computer over the weekend and it came with a Radeon 7 graphics (intergraded I believe?) Because when I open the machine there's no card in the graphics slot. I did some looking up online and saw that the Geforce GTX 1050 would be a good upgrade for my Acer Aspire desktop. I purchased it, after opening it, all it came with was the graphics card, no cd, no plug, nothing else. So I figured that was all I needed right? Wrong! The card which I just noticed only after looking a my older graphics card, (Geforce GTX 750ti) has a minus (-) dvi outlet, while my older one has a (+) plus sign. I only just noticed this after having both cards out and seeing the difference. My machine btw is the Acer Aspire ATC 280 EB11 ( A10-7800) If anyone knows I should be fine using my GTX 750ti instead of the 1050 please let me know.Carey7 21h
22h WoW MMO Gaming Mouse - Not Working So... last night my World of Warcraft MMO Gaming mouse was workign fine in both WoW and OW... Today I log on and almost all of the buttons are no longer working. I uninstalled the drivers (like a dummy) and now I cant seem to find them again. The ones on Steelseries site, do not work for windows 10. Any help would be great!Nota8 22h
1d Razer Chroma Integration Hello, I currently play WoW the most of any games that I play. I set up my first rig last year with a coworker. I have a Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse and a Razer Ornata Chroma keyboard. I hadn't played Blizzard's other games since getting this set up. I tried Overwatch during the Free Play weekend and noticed the integration and really liked it. I also started playing Diablo again, and noticed the integration and have enjoyed the Witchdoctor class. Long story short, are there any plans for a World of Warcraft Official Integration like Overwatch and Diablo? If there are no plans (i really hope there are), does anyone have a Chroma Set up they love and would be willing to share? Maybe something role or class specific? Thank you for your time and reading this!Skittleshot11 1d
1d New AMD APUs What are your thoughts on the new Ryzen 5 2400G and Ryzen 3 2200G? At $99, I like the 2200G for computers that aren't doing much. I've been piecing together one for my mother, who browses the internet, uses Quicken, and MS Office products. So far, all my builds have included discrete graphics, which she really doesn't need. I'd hate myself if I left her a machine just using Intel's integrated graphics. I want to be thrifty, but I have to have some standards. Anyway, I saw that chip, saw that it was completely unlocked, and thought it might be just what I need.Toshiiro5 1d
1d Security Camera I'm not 100% sure is this is the best place to look, but hopefully you guys can help. I have been tasked with finding a good wireless security camera for an outside parking lot, for a company I work for. It needs to have night vision, and will be located outside most likely uncovered from the elements. I don't know a single thing about security cameras or anything close to it, so I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?Denarius6 1d
1d Monitor placement I just got a new LCD monitor, and was wondering if it was okay to put it in front of a window if the blinds were shut.Holygron4 1d
1d Ascent: Infinite Realm Has anyone heard about this game yet? I just watched the trailer: https://youtu.be/uvZo59uhz5E Looks interesting. Airships! Dragons! Magic and Mech. I'm going to check it out when/if it gets released in the US.Keene1 1d
1d Sword Art Online:Fatal Bullet! Whos ready for this ish to drop?!?!?!Jaffe1 1d
1d Post your build! Hey all, i'd love to see all your builds here! Post the specs and a picture if you'd like! I'll go first, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz - Corsair Watercooling ASUS GTX 1070 Strix 8GB 16GB DDR4 RAM 256GB SSD 2TB HDD Asus Z270 Motherboard 650W PSU Windows 10 https://imgur.com/a/sgiS9Dicedfox77 1d
2d 3 Favorite Games I've been thinking about this question. What, in your opinion, are the 3 best games ever made? It's hard to choose, but for me I think it would be (in no particular order)...Chrono Trigger, Final fantasy 6 and Xenogears. In my own life, I struggle to find games that have moved me as these have ( still searching). Tell me your favorites!Maedia26 2d
2d After delidding 8700k My first delid, I didn't wreck the cpu so that's a win however I'm not sure the temps are decent. Running at 4.2ghz when playing wow temps vary between 35-47 c, usually on the higher end while in Dalaran, lower in smaller zones or dungeons. I am running a Corsair H115i cooler, one thing I did notice is there is what looks like a gouge in the copper block, whatever it is, it will not cleanup. Idle temp is around 25-30c One other note, it seems that core #5 is the one running hotter than the others, if that matters, thus affecting the package temperature. Any thoughts?Tyrealle15 2d
2d Can my Laptop run WoW? Hello all, and thanks for viewing! I'm not very computer or tech savy and was hoping someone could help me decide if I can run WoW on my laptop on the lowest settings! Not looking to raid, just world quests and such. Here are the specs, that I know of: - Windows 10 Pro - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3380M CPUT @ 2.90GHZ - Installed physical memory (RAM) 8.00GB - I believe the grahpics card is - Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 ? Not sure on this one. Thanks in advance for any help!Lenzelli7 2d
2d Is WoW TCG Worth Investing In Anymore? I've taken a bit of an interest in the discontinued World of Warcraft: Trading Card Game and thought it was very interesting and have been considering buying a starter pack and another pack with it, but is there any point in 2018? I guess this post mainly goes out to the people who had played it in the past and possibly still play it today. A few more questions: Are cards stupidly hard to find nowadays? Even basic ones? Do people attempt to sell them for stupid prices? I've seen things like retro gaming suffer from this where someone will think they own some rare game and they try to sell it way above what it's worth. Is there any kind of community for it anymore? I'm going to assume that the community has kind of died off at this point, but I could be wrong. Do the pros of playing in 2018 outweigh the cons? Example of pros: Fun to play, good value, etc. Example of cons: Not enough people playing, hard to find cards Is it a costly investment to fully enjoy the game with a deck you can freely customize to your liking? If so, around how much? How long does it take to obtain decks like these? Is it better to just play Hearthstone or other physical card games? If the latter, what would you recommend instead?Floramara7 2d
2d Total War: Three Kingdoms Is anyone excited for Total War: Three Kingdoms?Gunnarr4 2d
2d Building a new gaming rig... advice? Hey guys. Figured i'd post this here since, while the forum is slow, the advice is generally pretty good :) Sometime in the next 2 months or so, i am going to be building a new gaming desktop. My current rig isn't bad, but it is about 6 years old now and starting to show it's age. My budget is 1500-2000 dollars and i know more about what i want it to do than i do the exact specs i'm going to need (hence why i'm here lol). Anyway, my current system runs most games on high settings with 60+ fps on my 24 inch 1080p monitor. It can't quite max things on ultra etc. anymore, though, and a biggie is that i'm having issues with a steamlink. I have my steamlink hooked up to a 65 inch 4k tv (no HDR on this one, sadly) and while i can get my steam library playable with low'ish settings, the frame rate and graphic quality are both pretty crappy (which is somewhat understandable all things considered). So yea... that is what i'm wanting to do. I don't HAVE to have 4k gaming. It'd be nice, but as long as i can fire up something like Warframe, Witcher 3, TERA or BDO and get 60+ fps in 1080p with medium/high/higher settings on my big screen i'll be happy. What sort of parts do you guys recommend? I'd sort of like to buy it through some place like iBuyPower or CyberPowerPC (even Newegg or amazon if i can get a good deal) and have them construct it and send it. I know i won't get quite as much bang for my buck there but i've dealt enough hardware and software conflicts in my life to not want to mess with that if i don't have to lol. Anyway, no rush here. I'm setting aside a little out of each paycheck right now with the intention on finishing it off with income taxes... but that is likely late Feb at best. Just wanting to get some ideas :) Ty for any advice :)Skyfiredraco5 2d
2d Help Will this set up run through bfa easily? Processor: i7 2600 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz Graphics card: Zotac GTX 1050ti Ram: 16GB DDR3 Storage: 1TB 7200 RPM Power supply: EVGA 700 WATT Operating System: Windows 10Cephalo2 2d
3d Build questions/concerns. Hello again. A few days ago I got some excellent help with a build, however I had set a low budget for it, after thinking it over I decided to increase my budget slightly. Below you'll find what I thought might work for a build. pcpartpicker says its all compatible at the least. ... My questions/concerns are: Is the cooling needed? If so is it sufficient? Is the PSU good for that build? Not sure what modular variants mean. And lastly is there anything on that list you would immediately change? Is anything slightly overkill? CPU perhaps? Im only looking to play WoW at medium-high to high setting with decent FPS on a 1920x1080 1080p monitor.Malekith14 3d
3d Alienware Aurora Desktop Buzzing Noise There's a nonstop buzzing noise in my headphones and its driving me insane. Figuring out this new computer of mine is pretty tough so far. Hoping someone can help me out, as the forums in Alienware don't seem to have any answers for me, and google as well. This is pretty discouraging and I just want to be able to enjoy my listening/talking to the game and friends.Fowlkor3 3d
3d Lost the Silicon Lottery v.8700k Can't get stable 5.0ghz unless I go to 1.4v with high LLC. Temps aren't an issue, 5.0 blue screens immediately unless i pump up to 1.4v....didn't even both with a stress test at that voltage. I can do 4.9ghz @ 1.35v steadily so far, with medium LLC. Temps around 74c during load tests, 60 while gaming. VCore doesn't go past 1.344v during either tests or gaming. Makes me sad that guys are getting 5.2ghz at 1.35v. I suppose I should just be happy with 4.9ghzSalhezra10 3d
3d grrrr: My Cat Keeps jumping on my pc So my Cat who I love so very dearly is really trying my patience lately. She loves to jump on to my tower PC (gaming rig) when I am not around. Is there anyway I can keep her from doing this? I tried rubbing vicks vapo rub on the rims so if she gets close and smells it , she'll run away but the problem is I have to keep applying it. :( I keep my PC off the floor (cause I'm a game) in case you were wondering :pTyrealle18 3d
4d No single after installing Graphics Card? So I think this seems to be a common problem especially for Windows 10 owners. I bought a new computer and a new graphics card, the Geforce GTX 1050 OC edition. The PC is an Acer Aspire TC Intel core i5-7400. So after I installed the GTX, and tried to turn on the computer I got no single. I looked up some videos and one guy was saying to disable the intel HD graphics under display adapters section, but all I have is Radeon 7. I was wondering would it still work if I disable that? And if it doesn't, would my computer still turn on after I remove the graphics card to try something else?Carey11 4d
4d PC Upgrade Path Help First off, my current PC specs: i5 4670k 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz Evga GTX 770 2Gb Samsung SSD and 650 Watt Seasonic PSU I have been using this PC for about five years now and have been thinking of upgrading. My main game is World of Warcraft and it seems to run fairly well on my current setup. The age of my PC can clearly be seen in other games I have been dabbling in, such as PUBG and COD WW2. I was looking to get some advice on a couple of upgrade paths. Path 1: Upgrade Graphics Card to 1070 or 1070 Ti Path 2: i5 8600k/1070 Ti Build Path 3: i7 8700k/1070 Ti Build So I am wondering if just a graphics card upgrade will help me get better performance in Wow and other games or if a powerful new graphics card will be bottlenecked by the older i5 processor. Do you think it is time to retire the i5 4670k? Any comments or help would be appreciated, thanks for reading!Orist24 4d
5d Made a mistake These are two different builds I was recommended recently. PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jwXY3F CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($280.98 @ Newegg) CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($29.89 @ OutletPC) Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370 HD3 (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($118.99 @ SuperBiiz) Memory: *Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($84.88 @ OutletPC) Storage: Seagate - FireCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($75.88 @ OutletPC) Video Card: *Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Mini Video Card ($267.89 @ B&H) Case: *Corsair - SPEC-03 Blue ATX Mid Tower Case ($53.34 @ Amazon) Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($42.99 and ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JW9NJV CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor ($209.89 @ B&H) CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($29.89 @ OutletPC) Motherboard: ASRock - Z370M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($111.98 @ Newegg) Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($99.88 @ OutletPC) Storage: Seagate - FireCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($75.88 @ OutletPC) Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Mini Video Card ($267.89 @ B&H) Case: Fractal Design - Define Mini C TG MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($42.99 @ SuperBiiz) Total: $908.39 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I bought all the parts for the Second listing, BUT I accidently bought the case from the First listing. Are the parts compatible with both cases regardless?Donkeypwnch8 5d
5d Destiny 2 advertising on Blizzard platforms Warning: Whining incoming. i.imgur.com/MkUJCo6.jpg Opening the Blizzard store page, you are greeted with a Destiny 2 ad that takes up fully half of the screen. Ads keep being added to the news feed of the Blizzard app when you're trying to play Blizzard games. Activision's business practices with regards to Destiny 2 have been predatory and disgusting and I will never, ever support them with my money. Please, please stop shoving this garbage down my throat. It is obnoxious to the point of absurdity. No amount of promotion will make Destiny 2 an appealing purchase. I don't visit Blizzard's store to be robbed by Activision; it's bad enough that they see ANY of your revenue. "Activision is not Blizzard, we're still our own company" has always rung hollow, and now you're not even pretending anymore.Jaidev8 5d
5d Increase in System Load in WOW I use Corsair link to monitor temps among other things but I also monitor the system load. In the last couple of days I've notice the system load increased significantly (7% to 14%) with spikes up to 30% while playing wow in various zones. Of course it's a bit higher and spiky in New Dalaran, haven't noticed any performance issues from this just an observation. I didn't even see that I have the Spectre/Meltdown patch from Microsoft either. Could be a me issue but I don't run anything out of the norm with wow, maybe a browser (Firefox) Twitch (mod updates). Any thoughts?Tyrealle2 5d
5d Looking for a Gaming Mouse and Keyboard My current M+K set up is not the best for gaming. In fact, the keyboard sucks. I need to slam down keys to get them to work, while other times. The keys just get stuck. My current mouse isn't too bad. It is cordless that has a sleep function that kicks in after a minute or two of no use. Very good for battery conservation. Unfortunately it is showing it's age and beginning to skip. Thought it would be a good time to get new gear. A mouse with extra keys on the side would be optimal. Not too many in which wrong keys would be pressed due to fat fingers. Figure 6-8 buttons, not a full num pad. At the same time, I do play some FPS like OW. So the sensory needs to be acceptable and the DPI adjustable. I saw recommendations of two mice, a Corsair Scimitar PRO, and a Razer Naga Hex V2. I do not personally know the guy who recommended them, so I would like other thoughts and suggestions. A keyboard is also needed, Mechanical probably the best but idk much about hardware. Suggestions on these would be nice as well. A feature I DO like however is when the F1-F12 buttons line up with the 1-+ buttons. Just makes it easier to keybind them. I do not have much of a price range. The less expensive, the better. At the same time though, quality matters. Thank you for your time, and suggestions/thoughts.Freath26 5d
5d OMEN 15t Gaming Laptop expectations. I'm curious to know if anyone would be able to speculate on what type of play I'll get from HP OMEN 15t with: • 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB) • Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ (2.8 GHz, up to 3.8 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores) + AMD Radeon™ RX 550 Graphics (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated) I've been playing on a Toshiba with higher RAM and integrated Graphics and it has been laggy as hell since 7.3 even with settings set lower than recommended. I'm hoping for better results with the above build. Thanks in advance.Rohweenah2 5d
5d Please help Anyone using Utechsmart venus? I have this problem where 6 and 7 side buttons are in 1 bind. I couldn't separate them at all even I used different symbols/chars and I even uninstalled/installed the driver. It's like 1 bind but 2 different buttons. Please help and thank you.Ehwtf0 5d
5d Upgrade path? Hi y'all, I'm planning an upgrade of my current gaming PC, which is fairly old. Here's my current build: CPU: i5-3470 Motherboard: MSI H77MA-G43 RAM: 32GB DDR3-1600 Video card: GTX 760 I'd link a pcpartpicker list, but my new buld is pretty straightforward: CPU: i5-8600k Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming RAM: 32GB Corsair LPX DDR4-3200 Video card: GTX 1080 Ti I can't really afford to buy everything at once (lul video card prices), so I want to either upgrade my CPU, motherboard and RAM first, or video card. Given my current set up, which would be more effective in the short term?Segaface2 5d
5d Microcenter 8th Gen Prices Now that stock has stabilized, Micro Center is back to offering current-gen CPUs (in this case, 8th Gen Intel, and Ryzen) at steep in-store discounts over MSRP to get you in the door; also still offering 30-50$ off a compatible motherboard and RAM. 249$ and 359$ respectively, in-store for the 8600K and 8700K.Kagthul3 5d
5d NVIDIA 1060 Doesn't Hold Up Well in Raids So I have an NVIDIA 1060 card with an i7 cpu and 32GB RAM but i still need to turn down my raid settings to 3 or even as low as 2 to avoid occasional low frame rates. Does anyone else notice this? Just how high a card do I need to avoid this crap? I just got this computer a year ago and already just feels like this game is outpacing any cpu you throw at it.Maarius16 5d
5d Help with build? I've never built a PC before but I would really like to upgrade my experience with WoW. I've always used laptops and only recently an actual gaming laptop. Doing lots of reading, I want to go with the Intel i5-8600k as my CPU but I'm not sure what other parts to pair with it. I would like to keep it around $1000 if possible not including monitor. :)Føx8 5d
5d LF Friend for battlerite need someone to play with on battlerite for some ranked, very casualZarkeven0 5d
6d Hard freezing when loading wow New Build: i7-8700k ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi 16GB Corsair Vengeance CMU16GX4M2C3200C16 DDR4/3200 ASUS RX470 4GB Seasonic Focus Plus 650w Crucial MX300 525gb Put this new build together today, and everything seemed fine until I got wow installed. It will hard freeze with a solid tone from the speaker requiring a hard reboot. Installed all the most up to date drivers for all devices, and set up the BIOS as follows: Disabled MCE, no overclocking Enabled XMP 2.0, which recognized my memory with the correct voltage, cas, and frequency per RAM specs. HW monitor asked that while playing, cputemp gets up to around 55, Aida 64 stress test gets to 59. I dont think it's a heat problem. It at first it froze immediately upon dalaran login, then I reseated everything (ram, power cables, GPU, etc) and it seemed to run okay for about 10 minutes and the same thing happens; CPU temp seemed to be same range. Seeems like a ram issue, so I ran windows 10 memory diagnostic as well as memtest86; ram seems fine. Downloading another game to see if it does the same at the moment. Thoughts? Edit: and yes I did try to fresh install Windows and upgrade to an SSD firstSalhezra38 6d
6d What's a fast, fun, FLASHY MMO out there? Hey guys. Lets get a fun little discussion going, shall we? :) I'm looking into games to dabble in. And while my warcraft sub isn't going anywhere anytime soon, i thought i might dip my toe back into the MMO market a bit again. I've dabbled in everything from ESO to Secret world to Rift and Runescape but i haven't done anything heavily for a number of months now. What i'm looking for is something Fast and importantly, FLASHY. I'm liking classes in WoW right now like my elemental shaman and fury warrior because they do big booms and use big weapons. Looking to rain fire and lightning from the sky, explode things with my fists, teleport around the battlefield and wield swords and axes larger than a family sedan. That sort of thing. Action combat is a plus but not required. Don't care if it's grindy, as long as it is fun to play. If i gotta collect 50 bear hind ends i want to be able to smile while i do it :P Sub or no sub isn't to big of an issue... i'll plunk 15 bucks down for a trial month if i have to... as long as i get a few hours out of it it is worth my money. So... fellow MMO enthusiasts... what do you use for a "backup" MMO when you want to play something fast, fun and flashy for giggles? :)Skyfiredraco63 6d
6d GPU for wow @ max settings. I am looking for a decent GPU to play wow at max settings, my CPU is a intel I7 8700K and I am running wow on an SSD with 32GB of ram. Current GPU is an Asus Geforce 980 GTX but it runs hot like 70-80c , but it only has 1 fan so it prevents me from running wow @ max (also kinda laggy too) even just hanging out in New Dal. I can see it creep beyond 80c if I turn off the fps lock which I currently have it locked to 64 through wow graphics settings. Instead of spending the money to buy extra cooling for it I was looking for something more modern for my System specs and that has better cooling (3 fans instead of 1) that also supports G-sync for my current setup. I understand that the game may not be optimized to play everything at max (like raids) Edit: Mother board is an ASUS ROG Maximus Herox X (Wifi) Any advice ? :)Tyrealle8 6d
6d Seeking tech junkies, build help. Hello all. Recently started playing WoW again after leaving in MoP. Im enjoying it so far, but my computer is in dire needs of upgrades or maybe even a new case all together. Currently I have to run on lowest setting to avoid bogging down in bg's and raids. Greater invasion points for some reason are absolutely a no go, too much happening all at once I suppose. I'm looking to upgrade my current pc/build new. I would like to keep the monitor I recently bought. 1080p HD 1920x1080 resolution. I also dont need mouse or keyboard. The only sound i use is from my Corsair Void Pro headeset. I would like to use my current hard drive as well since i also just recently upgraded to windows 10 and would like to avoid that whole process again. At first I was just going to purchase a new video card and processor, but then i thought I might be screwing myself over later. Any all recommendations I am almost positive will be an upgrade since I bought this computer in 2009. I'm trying to keep the budget around $500-$600. Please help me out with a setup that will let me enjoy the game as much as possible. Thank you all in advance.Malekith26 6d
6d Someone needs to do something about miners https://imgur.com/a/dOR0p Bad enough that AMD cards get sold out constantly for mining But to see 1060s, 1070's to even 1080 ti's being sold out for mining is insane... The cards you see on the glass reflection are RX 550s, 1030's and 1050's... That no one wants. A miner who I talked to in that aisle told me he has 160 1080 ti's just mining away making $500,000 a year he claims. If miners figure out Burstcoin mining (mining with hard drives but power usage and heat is non existent) we'd be seeing hard drive shortages too...You26 6d
6d As Promised - New Build Pics My apologies for the blur on one or two. I haven't quite figured out how to get my camera to reliably take clear photos in macro mode. I did use a tripod and did my best with them, but two of these are not quite up to my own standards as photographic work. A few are annotated pointing out details of the build. Enjoy! http://prodigals-earthen-ring.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/P3-Build.jpg http://prodigals-earthen-ring.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/P3-Build-From-My-Chair.jpg http://prodigals-earthen-ring.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/P3-Build-Remote-Power-and-Reset-Detail.jpg http://prodigals-earthen-ring.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/P3-Build-Fan-Detail.jpg http://prodigals-earthen-ring.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/P3-Build-Interface-Shroud-Detail.jpg http://prodigals-earthen-ring.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/P3-Build-Creative-Engineering.jpg http://prodigals-earthen-ring.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/P3-Build-OD-and-CMOS-Reset.jpg I have some industrial black touch-up paint coming today to hit the corner of my optical drive - that was a reused component from my old case and it got a little dinged coming out of it. The funny brass thing on top of my optical drive is a Sterling Engine I picked up a while back. I needed a place to put it and the "steampunk" aspect of having a brass, heat-powered bit of kinetic art in an AMD build seemed appropriate. The Dudeism sticker is just to cover a spot on the tempered glass that was damaged (prior to shipping - the tint was scratched UNDER the plastic, foam, cardboard, packing material, and more cardboard - really crappy quality control by ThermalTake if you ask me and they've been completely unresponsive to my complaints about it). Well, the sticker is placed there because of the scratch. It's a Dudeism sticker on account of I'm ordained through that church (yes, it's legit - it's essentially a Taoist variant completely compatible with my current cosmological outlook and I'm in need of the reminder now and again to simply, "Abide"). There's another, smaller scratch at the top, which is why my chat camera is where it is.Ehiztari10 6d