Games, Gaming and Hardware

May 4, 2011 Spoiler Warning and Guidelines Be warned that entering this forum you are opening yourself up to potential spoilers. The discussion of books, games, and movies are simply and completely prone to spoilers to many degrees. Without discussing the information proposed in these mediums, there isn’t much of a discussion to be had. It is therefore on you as an observer to choose where and when to enter into the possibility of seeing spoilers. We do not require spoiler tags or otherwise require any warning that a thread may contain a spoiler. You should assume that when clicking on a thread you will see spoilers on that topic. With that in mind we do have some rules to ensure it can continue to be your choice as to where and when you see spoilers while on these forums. Spoilers do not directly violate the rules of this forum as long as: They are not contained within thread subject lines. Posting a thread with a title that is itself a spoiler will result in a harsh penalty. They are reasonable within the context of the thread. Jumping into a thread to post a spoiler that’s off-topic, or creating a thread with a misleading subject line to reveal a spoiler, will result in a harsh penalty. Like all moderation, we reserve the right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based on our discretion.Bashiok0 May 4, 2011
May 3, 2011 Zero Tolerance Forum – Please Read We really hope everyone enjoys posting and interacting in the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums, and to ensure that they remain an enjoyable place, we’re taking a zero tolerance policy in our moderation of them. Moderation in this forum (or the other Games, Entertainment & Technology forums) will be especially robust, foregoing the normal progression of deletions/suspensions and proceeding directly to a one month final warning suspension, or permanent ban of all posting privileges for infractions of the posting policies or guidelines. Here are some key points to keep in mind while posting here: Zero Tolerance This is a zero tolerance forum. Being ignorant of or purposefully disobeying the intent of these forums, the forum Code of Conduct, and/or these guidelines will be dealt with strictly. This is Not an Off-Topic Forum The Games, Entertainment & Technology forums are specifically and purposefully labeled with very specific topics. Discussion outside of these specific topics, like all other forums, is not allowed and will be moderated with zero tolerance. No Politics/Religion There is no tolerance for discussion of politics or religion in this or any Battle.net forum. While we appreciate people’s beliefs and political ideals, they are not appropriate to be discussed or mentioned within these walls, even if brought up objectively. No Hatred Hatred against individuals or groups in any manner, for any reason, will not be tolerated. No Illicit Topics This is mostly geared toward warning against any intent to discuss drug-use, but can and will extend to any topics of an illegal nature that are deemed to not be pertinent to the discussions allowed in this forum. Moderation is At Our Discretion Like all moderation, we are within our right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based purely on our discretion. All of that scary stuff out of the way, please go, talk, and enjoy the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums! Kaivax0 May 3, 2011
May 3, 2011 Welcome to the Games discussion forum! In this forum, feel free to discuss anything related to games, gaming and hardware. Whether you want to talk about a non-Blizzard game, discuss a console, or ask for PC hardware purchase advice, this is the place. Before you get started, please pay careful attention to the unique moderation policy for this forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456450500 Further reading - Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#2 Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521 Getting the Most Out of the Forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2016792409 Contact List: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#3 Community Managers: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#4 MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#5Kaivax0 May 3, 2011
54m change one thing hi im on a tight budget,with kids and i need to know what would be the best and cheapest fix for my computer the specs are as follows : Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit CPU AMD A4-5300 67 °C Trinity 32nm Technology RAM 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 587MHz (6-6-6-16) Motherboard ASRock FM2A75M-DGS (CPUSocket) 29 °C Graphics ELEFW328 (1360x768@60Hz) 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 (EVGA) 31 °C Storage 279GB Western Digital WDC WD3000HLHX-01JJPV0 (SATA) 28 °C 29GB SanDisk Ultra USB Device (USB) Optical Drives ASUS DRW-24B1ST c ATA Device Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio power supply is 430w as far as graphics go i can use 5-9 settings as long as i turn down the shadow the reason why im asking as we all know legion has braught sum hardware changes so i need to change with them ie LOAD screens . as far as game play goes i usually run fps at or around 93 everywhere but cities and raids. my lowest has been 34 fps in new dal bear in mind i can only afford to change 1 thing thanks for lookingSargalis19 54m
1h 2k Laptop Screens Outside of Ultrabooks and laptops that generally can't support a 2k screen, has anyone found current generation Pascal laptops with a 2560x1440 screen?Aldraya4 1h
5h WoW still runs like crap It still amazes me that to this day, WoW still runs like garbage. I have a 4790K and GTX 980 TI SSC and I'll be lucky if I get 70-80 FPS in the open world, usually 50-60 and lower in the cities. Of course I turned down SSAO, shadows and such. I have a 1440p 144Hz display. Games like Watchdogs 2, BF1 with tweaked settings I get 120-144FPS easily. I built a PC for a friend, I7-6700 GTX 1060 6GB and she tells me some raids she still gets below 20 FPS a lot. /end rantSnaeb31 5h
5h Slow boot speed on restart I got a hybrid drive, the OS is on the SSD part of it, and for a while now, whenever i need to restart my computer it takes an extraordinarily long time to boot, like the equivalent of loading into dalaran. However, when i do a full shut down, and wait for like a minute, it boots up lightning fast again, like only 10 seconds. Should i be worried or is this just a thing with hybrid drives. I don't think it's ever caused problems other than being dreadfully slowAverax12 5h
5h Mini Pc for Wow - help? I have built quite a few computers in the past, but all large towers. Is there such a thing as a mini PC that can play wow at very high settings? I am looking to make it as small as possible for traveling. any advice for a home built or any recommendations for a Prefab? thanks.Deadlord22 5h
9h I just upgraded to a 1060 and I just upgraded to a 1060 and recommended settings are about the same as my old 460? I popped this new card in my older system i7-2600 (non K). I know that may bottle neck performance a bit but for wow i figured I'd see a big boost in fps. I tested it out last night and was surprised when if i set wow to recommended it still set's my slider to 7 wich is what it was with my old gtx 460. I bumped it to ultra and in dolaran only get around 35 fps. I'm running NVidia experience and it say's my driver is up to date. if I have the NVidia experience application optimize the game it set's it fairly low also. is this due to just older components in my pc? I can't afford to rebuild it all at the moment. I"ll play around more with it tonight. What was strange is when i first booted up after putting in the card my monitor seemed very washed out and bright. i went into the monitor settings and set it to game mode and that seemed to help. But i also had some weird issues with wow not letting me adjust the game. i could move the slider but it would not change anything in game. I wouldn't think reinstalling wow would make much of a difference?Elethil4 9h
12h New Laptop Need to replace a broken laptop so I'm looking at the following laptops and wondering what the communities thoughts are on which would be the better one to buy? Or if there is something different/better out there. Max price range is about $1600 Thanks in advance for any help/comments Choice 1: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hard-drive-256gb-solid-state-drive-aluminum-black/5628800.p?skuId=5628800 Choice 2: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-17-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hard-drive-aluminum-black/5687919.p?skuId=5687919Uproots4 12h
13h Best Gaming Build for 1k My 1.6 ghz laptop has been great but its now time for retire. I have about 1k to spend in this build, 1st time builder, not worried about monitor or keyboard. I have found a few on the web but I though I would ask here also and see what you all thought.. http://pcbuildsonabudget.com/best-gaming-pc-build-for-under-1000-dollars I like this one and was thinking of upgrading to i7 instead of i5. How important is the Motherboard, I was thinking I would spend most on the CPU and the Videocard 1070. Let me know, thanks in advance!!Boddingtonz8 13h
13h Building PC, does this card suck? Hey all, I am building my first PC, and I have everything put together and ready for order, I just want to make sure I'm getting something good! Will the EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC (06G-P4-6163-KR) run WoW on Max? I have an i5-6500 3.2 and 8GB of RAM. I don't have a monster budget, this PC already pushed my limits at around $800!.Azeda7 13h
13h RX 480 4 GB for $170, That's a steal Even though it's a 4 GB card, I would buy this card right now if you need a graphic card upgrade. https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814137049 Here's a RX 470 for $140 https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16814137076You2 13h
21h New Computer. Need Help. am wondering which one of these will play Wow better. I am not looking for Ultra graphics.. But to play wow nicely and be able to raid etc. COMPUTER 1 iBUYPOWER Gamer Power WA550B Desktop PC: WA550B iBUYPOWER Black Gamer Power PC with 8GB Memory Key Features and Benefits: AMD Quad-Core PC FX-4300 Processor with 1TB Hard Drive 3.80GHz, 4MB L2 Cache 8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 16GB) Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work 1TB SATA hard drive Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more 24x Double-Layer DVD+/-R/RW drive Watch movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Connect to a broadband modem or wired broadband router with wired Ethernet via the iBUYPOWER Desktop PC including Windows 10 Home (Monitor Not Included) NVIDIA GeForce GT730 2GB Graphics With 2GB dedicated graphics memory Additional Features: 3 x USB 3.0 ports, 5 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x audio port, 3 x audio jacks, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x D-Sub port, 1 x DVI port, 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port 1 x PCI slot, 1 x PCI Express 2.0 (x1) slots, 1 x PCI Express 3.0 (x16) slot Backup and Restore options built into Windows allows you to create safety copies of your most important personal files, so you're always prepared for the worst with the AMD Quad-Core PC FX-4130 Processor with 1TB Hard Drive. Support and Warranty: 1-year parts and labor warranty Restore discs are not included (unless specified by supplier). We recommend you use the installed software to create your own restore and backup DVD the first week you use the iBUYPOWER Desktop PC including Windows 10 Home (Monitor Not Included). What's In The Box: Power cord iBUYPOWER USB keyboard iBUYPOWER USB mouse Quick Start Guide.. COMPUTER 2 iBUYPOWER Gamer WA563R7 Desktop PC: iBUYPOWER Gamer Desktop PC, WA563R7 Key Features and Benefits: AMD Six-Core FX-6300 Vishera processor 3.50GHz (with a max turbo speed of 4.1GHz), 8MB L3 Cache 8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 16GB) Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work 1TB SATA hard drive Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more 24x double-layer DVD+/-R/RwithCD-R/RW drive Watch movies and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats on this iBUYPOWER desktop with 8GB memory and 1TB hard drive 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet AMD R7-250 Graphics With 2GB graphics memory Additional Features: 4 x USB 3.0 ports, 4 x USB 2.0 ports, 3 x audio jacks, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x DVI port, 1 x D-Sub port, 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port 1 x PCI slot, 1 x PCI Express 2.0 (x1) slot, 1 x PCI Express 3.0 (x16) slot The Six-Core desktop with Windows 10 Home (monitor not included) is 30 lbs, 19.5" x 19" x 7.5" Support and Warranty: 1-year parts and labor warranty; Lifetime tech support Restore discs are not included (unless specified by supplier). We recommend you use the installed software to create your own restore and backup DVD the first week you use the Six-Core desktop with Windows 10 Home (monitor not included). What's In The Box: Power cord iBUYPOWER USB keyboard iBUYPOWER USB mouse Quick Start GuideBennaflock31 21h
22h Need a new computer chair Any recommendations on makes and models? I'm not going to buy anything that's marketed as "gaming" though. Need something that's great for the lower back, has a good range of height, can recline/rock and is comfortable for the neck. Also has to have adjustable arm rests. My lower back and neck are starting to kill me now.Vandal5 22h
1d Looking to upgrade Hi I'm looking to upgrade my pc for better fps I'm currently at 50 to 35fps but in battleground I get like 25fps sometimes Spec Fx4300 OC@4.5 Asus m5a97 r2. 0 8gb 2x4gb Kingston 1600 Sapphire dual X R9 280X OC 2x hyperx 250gb ssd 1x 500gb hdd 750w psu Thank youAmnord3 1d
1d Trackball I've been using trackballs since my time on ship (limited desk space). I don't have a lot of abilities I need to hotkey, but I'd like some more on the "mouse" itself, without the mobility needs of a traditional mouse. I have the wired Logitech Trackman (which was discontinued). I am now looking at the Elecom M-XT3URBK (the url is huge, please google), and the Sanwa MA-TB44BK. Any experience with these? (they seem more popular in Asia than US)Efreeta5 1d
2d Building Help.. Coming back to the game after 5 years or so, and need to start over from scratch. Ive reactivated my account and am currently playing on a Toshiba Tecra m11 laptop and its pretty much unplayable unless im in an area by myself. Ive got about $900 Canadian to get a Box up and running with a system that will handle WoW and is easily upgradable over time. Im looking at getting a good Mobo and 8gb ram that I can build off of, with Windows 10 on an SSD. My plan is to get playable then upgrade my parts here and there over the next 5-6 months I was looking at the i3-6100 cpu cause I read the 530 onboard video should be able to handle WoW decently as long as I wasnt trying to max out the settings which I wont be till raiding time down the road. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/twistedmjc/saved/zx8999 is what Im thinking, but I have to still ad in taxes and such, so itll take me close to my limit. I plan to replace the CPU, get a video card, and replace the case and power supply down the road, not nessisarily in that order. My question is, Will this system play wow for leveling? is there anything I should leave off or downgrade for now in favour of a better part elsewhere? This laptop has a 600gb hd and a dvdrom so I really dont need my new computer for anything cept WoW.Illyrria22 2d
2d Wow Vr content Just started to look into VR hive on stream and ran the test, then started to wonder what this game would be like if it was also available in VR. Does or will there be any sort of content produced that would look great using a vr headset? Is it worth getting a headset now or wait for future releases. Anyhow here is my pc's vr test http://i.imgur.com/BGwY0dg.jpg I am still on the gtx980 build I did last year (posted specs ages ago)Iceacid1 2d
2d Laptop Advice Would love to build a new pc, but need the mobility of a laptop for school/work and want it to be able to play wow, diablo, and a few other games. I think ill be getting one of the new dell inspiron with the 1050ti. http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-15-7567-laptop Anyone think there is better options in the 800-1000 range or advice on which model dell would be the better value. With their current deals looking at $832: i5 7300HQ, 8GB memory, 1050ti, 256GB ssd $978: i7 7700HQ, 16GB memory, 1050ti, 128GB ssd/1TB hddPnad5 2d
3d Looking to upgrade Pc, budget friendly. Ok, I've never posted one of these but I've seen some pretty friendly and helpful replies to other peoples threads here for this kinda thing so I thought I would give it a shot. Here is what I need: Upgrades (obviously the video card) to help WoW and games like SC2 and diablo 3 to run smoother as well as a few of the games I play on Steam. (Warhammer etc) Suggestions for (and if possible, prices of additional/replacement ram chips for the pc) Basically, It was a custom built gaming pc (unfortunately about 6 yrs ago I think?) and now it's just struggling to keep up with some stuff. So, in order of what to upgrade first, and prices I am in need of some friendly advice. Here is what I have according to speccy though: Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 CPU Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz 33 °C Haswell 22nm Technology RAM 4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (9-9-9-24) Motherboard ASRock Z97 Extreme3 (CPUSocket) 31 °C Graphics S200HL (1600x900@60Hz) 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc) 36 °C Storage 931GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 34 °C Optical Drives ATAPI iHAS124 B SCSI CdRom Device Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device ================================ Now, for more specific Info, CPU Intel Core i5 4690K Cores 4 Threads 4 Name Intel Core i5 4690K Code Name Haswell Package Socket 1150 LGA Technology 22nm Specification Intel Core i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz Family 6 Extended Family 6 Model C Extended Model 3C Stepping 3 Revision C0 Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, Intel 64, NX, VMX, AES, AVX, AVX2, FMA3 Virtualization Supported, Disabled Hyperthreading Not supported Fan Speed 2039 RPM Bus Speed 99.8 MHz Stock Core Speed 3500 MHz Stock Bus Speed 100 MHz Average Temperature 32 °C Caches L1 Data Cache Size 4 x 32 KBytes L1 Instructions Cache Size 4 x 32 KBytes L2 Unified Cache Size 4 x 256 KBytes L3 Unified Cache Size 6144 KBytes Cores Core Speed Multiplier Bus Speed Temperature Threads Core 0 4389.5 MHz x 44.0 99.8 MHz 30 °C APIC ID: 0 Core 1 4389.5 MHz x 44.0 99.8 MHz 33 °C APIC ID: 2 Core 2 4389.5 MHz x 44.0 99.8 MHz 33 °C APIC ID: 4 Core 3 4389.5 MHz x 44.0 99.8 MHz 32 °C APIC ID: 6 ------------------- RAM Memory slots Total memory slots 4 Used memory slots 2 Free memory slots 2 Memory Type DDR3 Size 4096 MBytes Channels # Dual DRAM Frequency 798.1 MHz CAS# Latency (CL) 9 clocks RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 9 clocks RAS# Precharge (tRP) 9 clocks Cycle Time (tRAS) 24 clocks Command Rate (CR) 2T Physical Memory Memory Usage 53 % Total Physical 3.95 GB Available Physical 1.85 GB Total Virtual 7.86 GB Available Virtual 4.76 GB SPD Number Of SPD Modules 2 Slot #1 Slot #2 --------------------------------------- Motherboard Manufacturer ASRock Model Z97 Extreme3 (CPUSocket) Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model Haswell Chipset Revision 06 Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model Z97 Southbridge Revision 00 System Temperature 31 °C BIOS Brand American Megatrends Inc. Version P1.30 Date 5/23/2014 Voltage CPU CORE 0.888 V +5V 5.544 V VIN2 1.688 V +3.3V 3.376 V +12V 11.712 V CPU Analog I/O Voltage 1.688 V CPU Cache 0.784 V PCI Data Slot PCI Slot Type PCI Slot Usage Available Bus Width 32 bit Slot Designation PCI1 Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME Slot Number 0 Slot PCI Slot Type PCI Slot Usage Available Bus Width 32 bit Slot Designation PCI2 Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME Slot Number 1 Slot PCI Slot Type PCI Slot Usage Available Bus Width 32 bit Slot Designation PCI3 Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME Slot Number 2 Slot PCI-E Slot Type PCI-E Slot Usage Available Data lanes x1 Slot Designation PCIE1 Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME Slot Number 3 Slot PCI-E Slot Type PCI-E Slot Usage In Use Data lanes x16 Slot Designation PCIE2 Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME Slot Number 4 Slot PCI-E Slot Type PCI-E Slot Usage Available Data lanes x16 Slot Designation PCIE3 Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME Slot Number 5 ------------------------------------ Graphics: ATI AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series Manufacturer ATI Model AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series GPU Juniper Device ID 1002-68B8 Subvendor ASUStek Computer Inc (1043) Current Performance Level Level 0 Current GPU Clock 157 MHz Current Memory Clock 300 MHz Current Shader Clock 300 MHz Voltage 0.950 V Technology 40 nm Die Size 166 mm² Release Date Oct 13, 2009 DirectX Support 11.0 DirectX Shader Model 5.0 OpenGL Support 4.1 GPU Clock 850.0 MHz Temperature 37 °C Core Voltage 1.200 V Driver version 15.301.1901.0 BIOS Version 113-AC37500-101 ROPs 16 Shaders 800 unified Memory Type GDDR5 Memory 1024 MB Bus Width 64x2 (128 bit) Pixel Fillrate 13.6 GPixels/s Bandwidth 76.8 GB/s Noise Level Moderate Max Power Draw 108 Watts Count of performance levels : 3 Level 1 - "Perf Level 0" GPU Clock 157 MHz Shader Clock 300 MHz Level 2 - "Perf Level 1" GPU Clock 600 MHz Shader Clock 1200 MHz Level 3 - "Perf Level 2" GPU Clock 850 MHz Shader Clock 1200 MHz ---------------------------- Storage Hard drives WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A SCSI Disk Device Manufacturer Western Digital Form Factor TB/3.5-inch (new format) Business Unit/Brand Desktop/WD Caviar Heads 16 Cylinders 121,601 Tracks 31,008,255 Sectors 1,953,520,065 SATA type SATA-III 6.0Gb/s Device type Fixed ATA Standard ATA8-ACS Serial Number WD-WCATR2770853 Firmware Version Number 05.01D05 LBA Size 48-bit LBA Power On Count 2017 times Power On Time 789.0 days Features S.M.A.R.T., AAM, NCQ Max. Transfer Mode SATA III 6.0Gb/s Used Transfer Mode SATA III 6.0Gb/s Interface SATA Capacity 931 GB Real size 1,000,204,886,016 bytes RAID Type None S.M.A.R.T Status Good Temperature 34 °C Temperature Range OK (less than 50 °C) S.M.A.R.T attributes Attribute name Real value Current Worst Threshold Raw Value Status 01 Read Error Rate 0 200 200 51 0000000000 Good 03 Spin-Up Time 4458 ms 170 167 21 000000116A Good 04 Start/Stop Count 2,077 98 98 0 000000081D Good 05 Reallocated Sectors Count 0 200 200 140 0000000000 Good 07 Seek Error Rate 0 200 200 0 0000000000 Good 09 Power-On Hours (POH) 788d 23h 75 75 0 00000049F7 Good 0A Spin Retry Count 0 100 100 0 0000000000 Good 0B Recalibration Retries 0 100 100 0 0000000000 Good 0C Device Power Cycle Count 2,017 98 98 0 00000007E1 Good C0 Power-off Retract Count 97 200 200 0 0000000061 Good C1 Load/Unload Cycle Count 1,979 200 200 0 00000007BB Good C2 Temperature 35 °C 112 95 0 0000000023 Good C4 Reallocation Event Count 0 200 200 0 0000000000 Good C5 Current Pending Sector Count 0 200 200 0 0000000000 Good C6 Uncorrectable Sector Count 0 200 200 0 0000000000 ========================== I know that I need a new video card (but I'm having a difficult time finding an affordable one right now) And I need to fill in the other 2 ram slots, but I'm wondering if it would just be better to fill in the additional 2 with the same type, or replace the two that are in there with better ones and then work on adding to the other two slots later? I'm really looking for cost efficiency at the moment since I'm on a limited budget. So, if you guys can help with suggestions on what to upgrade first (or just what order) and potentially places to get them from / Prices etc that would be an incredible help. Thank you everyone for your time reading this and any helpful suggestions!Manarii6 3d
3d Next Best MMORPG? What is your second go-to MMORPG? Looking to take a break from here for a while. I was thinking about trying WildStar or Bland & Soul. What are your favorites?Sacrilege19 3d
3d Potential New Build So, I'll be capable of putting some dough into a PC. I've already got a 1080p monitor, and could hook this computer up to a 4k TV if I so desired. The questions are as follows- 1. I'm aiming for an i7 and GTX 1070. What kind of performance could I expect from this in games such as Dishonored 2? I'm perfectly willing to use DSR on my current monitor, and occasionally hook it up to the 4k for video. 2. Prebuilt vs DIY. I'm capable of building it myself, but at these price points, how much of a difference could I expect? It's a bit harder for me to judge this when looking at a product I'll be buying for myself. https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16883101467 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-g20cb-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-1tb-hard-drive-black-red/5614801.p?skuId=5614801 Note that the ROG small form factor desktop is available at a local Best Buy as well, and I could probably get them to sell me a floor model for less. Thoughts?Aldraya18 3d
3d Will these run wow? Will the HP Spectre 13-v151nr or ZenBook 3 UX390UA run wow? Thanks!Delray2 3d
3d Nooby craigslist builder Guys/Gals, I'm buying a gaming PC off of craigslist because I love craigslist and they're cheap. I'm wanting to know which will run WoW on the highest settings the best. Thanks for looking. So the 3 options I currently have are as follows. Please list them in order from Best to Worst 1..... 3.4ghz AMD A10-7700k quad core processor with Radeon R7 built-in graphics (6 graphics cores) ASUS A68HM PLUS motherboard 250gb Crucial SSD 8gb DDR3 RAM 380W PSU 2.... - System: AMD A4-6300 3.70GHz Dual-Core. AMD A58 Chipset. Chassis: Apevia X-Trooper Junior Gaming Mid-Tower w/350 Watt Power Supply - 8GB DDR3. 1TB HDD. Genuine Windows 8.1 64-bit. 1x VGA. 1x HDMI - Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 8370D Video. 24X DVD±RW Dual-Layer Drive. 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000 - Audio: 8 Channel, Gigabit LAN,Keyboard. 2(1) DIMM 240P. Connectivity: 6x USB 2.0 - Expansion Bays/Slots Total: 2(1) Ext. 5.25". 1(1) Ext. 3.5". 3(2) Int. 3.5". 1(1) PCI. 1(1) PCI-E x1. 1(1) PCI-E x16. 2(1) DIMM 240P. 3.... Custom Gaming PC with 16GB RAM, ASUSTeK M4A87TD EVO (AM3) motherboard, 1024 MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series graphics card, 931GB storage, AMD Phenom II X4 955 and Deneb 45 nm Technology CPU. Runs at about 61 degrees C with any program.Craxon2 3d
3d Best router out? upgrading Hey all, Desperately needing advice on getting a good router for the home. So many reviews contradict themselves (located in Australia) Currently, our house router is the ISP one and it is HORRIBLE! We are on Fibre with speeds of up to 100mbs, but Wifi always drops out and the longer we have this router, the more frequently out games drop out too.We have tested our old router with it and we DC less and drop outs were less, but its extremely old and not up to scratch for whats needed. I have looked into ones such as DLINK AC3200 as well as loads of others, it seems the best ones arent sold in my area or im finding mixed reviews. I have researched NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK X4S but even that has some mixed reviews such as not reaching the speeds required. What would people suggest or what do you use as your Router? Based in australiaDevilbiss5 3d
3d Fallout Reference WoW needs a Fallout reference of some sort since mana bombs are a thing.Syrelen4 3d
3d ATTN: WoW World PvPers This is what an MMO focused on world PvP looks like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfkK51dYUbI Please note the difference between world PvP and WoW. That is all. FAQ Q: Don't you have better things to do with your time? A: No, and this post didn't take very long.Pouncika16 3d
4d Thoughts on Nintendo Switch? http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/01/nintendo-switch-launches-worldwide-march-3-299-in-us/ http://www.anandtech.com/show/11039/nintendo-switch-hardware-launch-details Here we go, people. The Nintendo Switch is not even six weeks away. Normally I'm one to say "never pre-order games until the reviews are out", but considering the fact that Nintendo consoles are notorious for selling out of stock for months after their initial launch, I went ahead and pre-ordered the console along with Breath of The Wild. To be clear, I never hated the Wii U, or considered it a "dead console" like the rest of the media did. In fact it was the only mainline console I owned this last generation. Between my PC, 3DS, and Wii U, I had all the bases covered. But because of the media's bashing of the Wii U, people seem apprehensive about the Switch. Nintendo merged their Wii U and 3DS dev teams for this, so it stands to reason that the Switch will be Nintendo's hope of covering both the console and handheld markets with this single product. Whether that's a subsidizing move from corporate, or the devs really thought it was a good idea, I can't really speculate. But all in all, as long as we get a solid library of first party titles from Nintendo over the console's life, I'll be happy I bought it. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and... Oh for the love of mike, give me a solid mainline Metroid game. Just do it, Nintendo... Give us a good Metroid game... Pretty please?Stoneblade28 4d
4d Ude point update I Contacted upper deck entertainment and was informed that the ude point's and the system came along with the card game when blizzard purchased it,So we were left SOL with a bunch of points just because some say the name ude(which seems like a bunk reason to me) other says because the system isn't blizzard's but now we know its not true maybe some at blizzard didn't know i mean its a big ladder some where on that ladder whether it be bottom middle or top kept that to themselves or maybe they just never got around to it. But why then are the blue post's attacking anyone asking what they were gonna do? well here is my guess. You see tcg item sellers are making thousands upon thousands selling the ude point taberds at 100 plus dollars when they cost 120 140 ude points.I wonder what percentage of that profit is quietly going into someones pocket at blizzard. If you remember every point card came with 100 points per card that is quite a mark up of it. Because they're so rare your telling me they still have them for sale this long after the website went down? bull they know how to cash in points and sell them at a high $ and control how many get sold to keep prices there the taberds are in game now look at your taberd window and look through the ones you don't own. i say make it so we can use our ude points. rename them if thats the issue. blizzard tcg website redemption window wont let you because ude point cards numbers aren't as long as other item codes and even if it did were would we spend the points the taberds are blizzard property. make them in game drops something its about time for fix on this long ongoing issue. Im sure i'll recieve a lot of negative comments on this, and there will be people trying to make little or disprove what im saying. Contact the UDE website yourselves and let them tell you the same they told me. They have no control over that system, it was sold to blizzard along with the game, despite the ude points having their name, those points came along with the system AND the card game when they sold to blizzard.Fathermayi1 4d
4d in need of laptop help i know, build a desktop - hope to after i get a job lol. anyway... these are the 2 laptops i'm looking at, and have questions: 1) has anyone had experience buying refurbished from newegg? 2) whats the difference between the i5 6300hq and the i5 6th gen 6300 hq? 3) even though they are the same price, does one have more "bang" than the other? thank you for your help :) i really appreciate it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315802&ignorebbr=1 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315829&ignorebbr=1Feyona0 4d
4d Tech, science & other websites. Hey everyone, I enjoy reading news about technology, science, etc. and was wondering if anyone has any other websites to recommend? These are some of the websites pertaining to tech & science I use: PC Magazine, PC Gamer, CNET, TechCrunch, Verge, Gizmodo, Engadget, Tom's hardware, Popsci, Wired, etc. I'm also open to other interesting news or websites, for example: Movies - IMDB Retail - Amazon Travel -Travel leisure & Conde Nast Educational - Wikipedia & TED talks Search - Google & Alexa rank Breaking news - Twitter & Reddit Gaming - Battle.net, Steam, etc. It doesn't necessarily have to fall in those categories but if you have something else please feel free to share it. Thanks.Machine2 4d
4d WoW on a Surface Book I couldn't find tons of info in the forums about how a new Surface Book from Microsoft ran WoW. Just incase anyone was interested in that, I thought I'd make a post about it. I recently bought a Surface Book, one of the higher end models, it's an I7 with 8 gigabites of RAM, 256 gigabites SSD, and a Nvidia dedicated graphics card. I also hook up to the internet with the docking station and an Ethernet cord. I found that if I played connected to WiFi I got weird jumps, I wouldn't call it lag because the FPS didn't go down and the latency didn't increase, but there would be a slight pause every now and then. It runs WoW awesome from what I've seen. I don't play at full resolution because it makes all the hotkeys and text very small, so I lowered the resolution and some of the settings are low while others are high. I average around 60FPS in most situations. In raids sometimes it drops to 40 or 50FPS, but for questing and running around it stays up at 60. I made a video of my settings and how the computer ran the game while in a raid, the link is here if you're interested! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiMPyRqzp-sPistolwhips6 4d
5d The New King of Monitors If you've been in the market for a high end 144Hz gaming monitor for the last year or two, you'd know that the Acer XB271HU and the ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q were effectively tied for the crown. Both monitors used the same 1440p 144Hz IPS panel. Though the ROG had a few more amenities. http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus_rog_swift_pg279q.htm At around $700, these are expensive monitors, but they're the best gaming monitors around. You get a sub 3ms response time IPS panel that doesn't make a whole lot of compromises in the colorspace. Well my friends, The PG279Q's reign has come to an end. Fresh off the CES 2017 floor, behold: The ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ. The new king. https://rog.asus.com/articles/gaming-monitors/press-release-republic-of-gamers-announces-swift-pg27uq/ The first real consumer 27" 4k 144Hz monitor, complete with G-Sync, HDR and Quantum Dot backlighting. In lamans terms, this is literally the sweet spot all of the geeks have been wanting over the last few years. This monitor literally has everything we've been asking for. No price point yet, but I'd expect it to be about $1,000. "$1,000 for a monitor!? Are you kidding!?" Yes yes, I know. Most people don't consider spending more than a $250 max when it comes to a monitor, so why should we care? Well, for one, the fact that we finally have a consumer product that meets everything 4k gamers have been asking for for the last few years means that these features will be trickling down via competition over the next few months. Second, I'd actually challenge that notion that your monitor should be one of the parts you skimp on when upgrading your PC. I myself was one of those people who thought a cheap monitor was "good enough". That is, until I bought an Acer XB270HU 144hz monitor myself, and now I could never go back to a TN panel, or 60Hz. 144Hz literally changed how I played my games. 60fps actually looks as choppy to me now as 20fps did when 60fps was the norm. This is one of those upgrades that people ignore because they see a terrible demo at Best Buy and just assume it's not worth the cost of entry. But let me tell you this... If you get a good one and set it up right, it is. It really is. Another argument against this is that unless you're running 1080's or Titan XPs in SLI, there's no way you're running games at 4k at 144Hz. And this is the one that will bring us back to earth. But for those of us who truly dream of gaming at 4k and 144hz with 10-bit color HDR, we have an option. We finally have an option.Stoneblade9 5d
5d RAZER Deathstalker Essential - Not Typing Hey guys, I need a little help with a problem I have encountered while using my new RAZER Deathstalker Essential Keyboard. When playing wow for 30-45 minutes the keyboard begins to malfunction resulting in the inability to type text into chats but maintaining certain random hotkeys. When this occurs, the magnifying glass is permanently selected while hovering over items in bags and (since I use Ctrl as a modifier) often acts as if I'm holding down Ctrl when using hotkeys on my ability bar etc. I am still able to play normally by virtue of my RAZER Naga 2012, but it annoys me not to be able to send mail, chat with guilds etc. When I close wow the problem persists with the rest of the system: typing is impossible and clicking acts as if I am right clicking on everything regardless of which button I use. In order to clear the problem up a hard reboot/restart of the computer is necessary. As long as WoW is never opened, this problem does not occur, including other Blizzard games like Heroes of the Storm. Again, this is a new problem as of adding the new keyboard to the system. There is no evidence of mechanical failure related to the Ctrl button etc. Below are the steps I have taken and specifications. Repeated program and game testing to see if problem is consistent Review mac keyboard language settings to ensure that mapping/language short-cut commands are disabled and not changing during play Multiple restarts to recreate the problem Several complete uninstall/reinstall of RAZER Synapse 2.0 software checking for updates Contacted RAZER support for help regarding game specific failure/malfunction Requested help/direction from the WoW community in this forum post Renamed WTF/Interface and deleted Cache folders Unmapped Ctrl completely and remapped key binds to Alt, this still produced the same issue System Specifications: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1212) iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 Macintosh SSD AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB Peripheral Specifications: RAZER Deathstalker Essential RZ03-0080, Gaming Keyboard RAZER Naga 2012 RZ01-0058, MMO Gaming Mouse RAZER Synapse 2.0 - Version 1.65.8Turin6 5d
5d Gtx 980 Help confused i have a GTX 980 4gb and the pain you feel when going to org gives you 56 fps while durotar gives you well above 130 i deiced to let my geforce experience optimize the game for me my rigs 16gd ddr4 ram i7 6700k i can't remember the rest off the top of my head but it's a strong pc the card getting a little behind but still what my main question is i notice my card runs really hot some times above 80c am i bottlenecking? overheating or seeing 46 or lower fps on max in a place like org normal? i know in draenor(nagrand, garrison..etc) if i bump it up to max 180% or 200% render my fps suffers around 45-55 fps same with legion areas. is this wow not being optimized? to be safe i play around 7 preset some custom settings and 100% render and game runs pretty effortlessly but if i mess with it goes haywire and my card runs hot on wow i've noitced. My main question is, is it my card and is it normal for temp to be so high(i've cleaned the card air dusted it's clean) am i bottle necking? From what i know 100% is 1080 textures even in BF1 if i go above 1080 textures on ultra my game suffers dramatically but if i stay 1080 i do fine. just if someone could clear up this confusion i have i'm paranoid.Kizau2 5d
5d Any multiplayer game... ...where you enjoy obtaining rewards/loot other than WOW right now?Kopogero1 5d
6d Need help with installing MacOSX Hey all, I've been thinking of installing MacOSX (Hackintosh) on my laptop. I've done it before years ago and was very happy. But that was on a different computer, not for gaming. This will, however be for gaming. I know WoW works on Mac, but would it work on "Hackintosh". Any success stories out there? If so, I could use some pointers haha :P Here are my current Laptop specs: Model: Acer Aspire ES1-521 Processor: AMD E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics 1.35 GHz OS Windows 10 x64 bitVladranoor2 6d
6d GTX 1070 raid performance Getting a PC with a 1070 and a 6700k in it soon. Was just curious what kind of performance I can expect at max settings in raids @ 1080p. Anybody out there with this setup?Dustîn25 6d
6d Whats your favorite thing about Legion? I want to know what everyone likes the most about Legoin, you can let me know live on my stream twitch.tv/jordan7nation. I go live 5 days a week and have tons of fun. Currently preparing for Nighthold and farming 54 artifact traits. I regularly help my viewers with M+ so feel free to come hang.Lyftedstorm3 6d
Jan 13 Logitech G602 mouse for WOW I'm looking to buy a new wireless mouse for WOW. Been a long time Naga user and my Naga is dying. I'd really like to go wireless. Thinking of the G602. Does anybody have any thoughts on this mouse for WOW? My only concern is missing the extra thumb buttons... Thanks.Khemdawg1 Jan 13
Jan 13 Upgrading GPU So I want to upgrade my GPU from a 750 ti sc to a 1050 ftw. I have a i7-3700, would that bottleneck the gpu?Jagmund10 Jan 13
Jan 13 XPS 15 for mythic raiding? Hello all. I am going to university soon and I was wondering if the XPS 15 would be powerful enough to play wow on for 1080p 60fps low settings raiding? It has a 960m so it is relatively powerful.Eruntien2 Jan 13
Jan 12 Battle.net - Hide unused Icons? I know, it's a bit of a silly small thing, but I wish we could get rid of the icons of the Blizzard games we don't have installed/use so they don't stay on the launcher. Like, I just have WoW, OW and Starcraft installed I don't need to see Diablo 3 (I'd rather play BL2 or The Division for that kind of gameplay) or Heroes (I'd rather play SMITE) and I don't play Hearthstone except for those couple of times for the other game rewards (IE: The Hearthstone Steed).Baluin1 Jan 12
Jan 12 Help Maxing my Gameplay I want to play at the with the best graphics I can without purchasing a brand new computer. I have an HD monitor, so I'm not trying to get 4k quality. I would just like to get the most out of my monitor. That being said what do I need to upgrade? Can I just get a better graphics card? My computer's stats are listed below. It is a Dell XPS Desktop (X8700-631BLK), and my monitor is Dell 24 Monitor S2415H Processor 3.1 GHz Core i5-4440 RAM 12 GB Memory Speed 1600 MHz Hard Drive 1 TB Graphics Coprocessor NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 635 Thanks for any help in advance, KleanKleanglaives4 Jan 12
Jan 12 MMO mouse advice Thanks for looking. I have a Razer Naga and am interested in getting something different, I saw the Corsair Scimitar and like the idea it would match all my other stuff and utility software. I have the corsair strafe keyboard, mouse pad and Void headset. However I held it in the store and it felt like my thumb would smash the desk every time I used buttons 1,4,7,10 and the buttons fealt to close and hard to distinguish each other. Maybe I'm just to use to the naga, Anyone have recommendation etc Thanks so muchKritane6 Jan 12
Jan 11 How many server blades = one realm? Blizzard is auctioning off a batch of retired server blades. Each one is labeled and dated to inform the owner of which realm that blade helped run and the dates of operation.. But my retarded-tech curiousity begs to ask a question.. In the auction, each realm has 4 physical server blades. But in a post, it mentions they are only auctioning off a portion, of these blades.. so.. my questions are these: How many physical Server blades did it take to maintain and operate one realm? How were they broken up? per continent/expansion/instance/raid? If they were divided into sections, how could one tell, if you won the auction, which piece of that realm you received? could you tell by the blade layout? or maybe an ID#? I'm just slightly curious, because I won an auction on one, solely for displaying, yet a friend won one, and is thinking about trying to get it running again. despite the fact i think he won't succeed, being the hard drives with all the core data are most likely gone, i still am interested to know just how much of the realm each retired server blade held, and would be interested to know what "chunk" of that realm's past i owned.Painmaiden2 Jan 11
Jan 11 Fix PVP Healing! Fix PVP Healing!Flashofsmite2 Jan 11
Jan 11 Help, pci 2.0x16 Dose anyone have any suggestions for a graphics card that will fit pci express 2.0x 16? I'm having a hard time finding one for a build im doing that will run WoW on high or ultra settings.Rokue4 Jan 11
Jan 10 GL502 Strix Hi there. Apparently this will be upgraded to the new 7th Gen chips in the next few days. A few questions since I live somewhere that it's hard to get the latest things and a lot of stuff is overpriced. (Philippines) 1060 vs 1070 GPU - Is it worth paying 200USD more to have the updated card in it primarily for wow. 6th gen vs 7th Gen - This one might be a problem as it might take a while for them to changeover. (This was just announced) How big a performance variance from one to the other for wow probably not too much right ? Thanks I will be travelling for work so I won't be able to bring my beloved desktop.Ralazzar12 Jan 10