Games, Gaming and Hardware

May 4, 2011 Spoiler Warning and Guidelines Be warned that entering this forum you are opening yourself up to potential spoilers. The discussion of books, games, and movies are simply and completely prone to spoilers to many degrees. Without discussing the information proposed in these mediums, there isn’t much of a discussion to be had. It is therefore on you as an observer to choose where and when to enter into the possibility of seeing spoilers. We do not require spoiler tags or otherwise require any warning that a thread may contain a spoiler. You should assume that when clicking on a thread you will see spoilers on that topic. With that in mind we do have some rules to ensure it can continue to be your choice as to where and when you see spoilers while on these forums. Spoilers do not directly violate the rules of this forum as long as: They are not contained within thread subject lines. Posting a thread with a title that is itself a spoiler will result in a harsh penalty. They are reasonable within the context of the thread. Jumping into a thread to post a spoiler that’s off-topic, or creating a thread with a misleading subject line to reveal a spoiler, will result in a harsh penalty. Like all moderation, we reserve the right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based on our discretion.Bashiok0 May 4, 2011
May 3, 2011 Zero Tolerance Forum – Please Read We really hope everyone enjoys posting and interacting in the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums, and to ensure that they remain an enjoyable place, we’re taking a zero tolerance policy in our moderation of them. Moderation in this forum (or the other Games, Entertainment & Technology forums) will be especially robust, foregoing the normal progression of deletions/suspensions and proceeding directly to a one month final warning suspension, or permanent ban of all posting privileges for infractions of the posting policies or guidelines. Here are some key points to keep in mind while posting here: Zero Tolerance This is a zero tolerance forum. Being ignorant of or purposefully disobeying the intent of these forums, the forum Code of Conduct, and/or these guidelines will be dealt with strictly. This is Not an Off-Topic Forum The Games, Entertainment & Technology forums are specifically and purposefully labeled with very specific topics. Discussion outside of these specific topics, like all other forums, is not allowed and will be moderated with zero tolerance. No Politics/Religion There is no tolerance for discussion of politics or religion in this or any Battle.net forum. While we appreciate people’s beliefs and political ideals, they are not appropriate to be discussed or mentioned within these walls, even if brought up objectively. No Hatred Hatred against individuals or groups in any manner, for any reason, will not be tolerated. No Illicit Topics This is mostly geared toward warning against any intent to discuss drug-use, but can and will extend to any topics of an illegal nature that are deemed to not be pertinent to the discussions allowed in this forum. Moderation is At Our Discretion Like all moderation, we are within our right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based purely on our discretion. All of that scary stuff out of the way, please go, talk, and enjoy the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums! Kaivax0 May 3, 2011
May 3, 2011 Welcome to the Games discussion forum! In this forum, feel free to discuss anything related to games, gaming and hardware. Whether you want to talk about a non-Blizzard game, discuss a console, or ask for PC hardware purchase advice, this is the place. Before you get started, please pay careful attention to the unique moderation policy for this forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456450500 Further reading - Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#2 Thread Limits and Continuation Thread Rules: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191101521 Getting the Most Out of the Forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2016792409 Contact List: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#3 Community Managers: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#4 MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#5Kaivax0 May 3, 2011
1h WoW MMO Gaming Mouse - Not Working So... last night my World of Warcraft MMO Gaming mouse was workign fine in both WoW and OW... Today I log on and almost all of the buttons are no longer working. I uninstalled the drivers (like a dummy) and now I cant seem to find them again. The ones on Steelseries site, do not work for windows 10. Any help would be great!Nota1 1h
1h Sandy Bridge Upgrade Suggestions Hey guys, I am currently running a 2500k 16gb ram nvidia 760 gtx 1080p WoW runs fine on it to me on 7. However, I'm passing this setup down to my son who is running an even older rig. So what i am needing is a new CPU, MOBO, RAM, and GPU. I will keep my current case and PSU. I haven't built since I built this one back at Sandy launch. Not sure which upgrade path to take. I have checked other places for benchmarks, but most of the benches no longer test with WoW (at least the ones I could find.) So that makes my budget questionable. About the only things the computer will be used for is WoW and everyday use. I don't want to build a monster top of the line computer for just WoW but I do want it to last at least as long as the 2500k has. Thanks ahead of time for any input or suggestions.Aftershox5 1h
2h Programmable mouse buttons not working. Hey there, I use a Logitech Performance MX mouse and today when I logged in after the patch, my extra mouse buttons on the side did not work anymore. My mouse isn't specifically a gaming mouse, but pre-4.0.6 I had the extra buttons keybound and working perfectly. Now, after the patch their keybinds are still on my bars but they no longer work. I tried binding them again, but when in the keybinding menu, their clicks don't even register. No it's not my mouse being broken as I tested these buttons outside of WoW and they still work. Also to be noted, I had this same problem during Cataclysm beta, where the extra buttons did nothing, but come release they went back to normal. Anyone else experiencing issues like this?Rheumatic27 2h
4h Next line of gpu's? Any info on when the next generation of cards will be coming out? I've held off on replacing my 970 since it's performed pretty well for 1080p gaming, but as games become more demanding it's inevitable that I will eventually have to upgrade. So with that in mind, I'm curious when the next generation of gpu's will be hitting the store shelves. I'll be sticking with a mid range card that will fill the same role as the 970 did, and so will be looking to spend around $300 for my next upgrade.Nopawsbutton5 4h
4h Considering a new computer -- need advice Wanted to buy a new computer because I want to be able to play on ultra mode. Currently I have Dell Inspiron i3650-11561RED Desktop (Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HDD) AMD Radeon R9360 and considering buying Dell - Inspiron Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - 16GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 580 - 1TB Hard Drive - Recon Blue Will I be making a big jump in game quality? Plus will I be able to play on Ultra mode? Currently my system doesn't recommend ultra mode so I don't use it. I don't want to build my own system because I am not tech savy and I am buying this from Best Buy because I have a 0% interest credit card and can pay monthly for it.Liaoco4 4h
9h Can't logon. What's a new game I should try? Can't logon. What's a new game I should try?Messed17 9h
9h My rig So my 11 month old computer just appeared to fry itself. I usually only put my computer to sleep, never shut it down unless an update is needed. Woke up and it was shut down. Tried powering it up, and after trying the reset button and power button several times, it 'started up' for like 2 seconds and turned off. Tried it a couple more times and it made a bad crackling noise and a plume of smoke came out. Now it appears to no longer work. Any idea what just happened?Healbotuser11 9h
12h What is the alternative to Alienware? What is the alternative to the 13 inch Alienware laptop for gaming? Yes. I already have a decked out desktop setup. I need a laptop which is actually portable. And, I'm talking about a 13 inch Laptop with the same build quality as Alienware. So far I haven't found it. Thus, I'm asking here.Galluccio2 12h
13h So Marvel Heroes shutting down I know not many here likely played it, but I heard the reason Marvel Heroes is shutting down is because Disney decided to pull the licenses due to sexual harassment allegations. I personally kind of think that was a bad move on disneys part. All that does is cause people who was harassed to lose their jobs. I wonder if this is something that is common in the gaming industry.Netharious1 13h
19h Budget Laptop Advice Im looking for a decent laptop mainly for WoW, and possibly FFXIV. Laptop is a must since I lack actual internet at my house. The best I’ve found is: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-E5-575G-57D4-15-6-Inches-Notebook-i5-7200U/dp/B01LD4MGY4 Even though its slight more than I was wanting to pay, is this my best option for this price point?Josh7 19h
20h left click on wow mouse not working I have a "steelseries world of warcraft mmo gaming mouse legendary edition" mouse, I bought about 3-5 years ago and it has worked perfectly until about 2 days ago, I was running around dalaran and the right click suddenly stopped working.Now for it to work, I have to press 2-3 times and the click will only register once. Is there a way to fix these like take it to a shop or need to buy a whole new mouse?Kylit2 20h
20h Found a cheap Wow machine, is it a good deal? CPU: AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 Black edition running at 3.2ghz 4 GB ddr2 ram PSU: EVGA 600W GPU:XFX 7600 GT 256mb(It sucks I know, I plan on upgrading it) It's running Windows 10 and come with a HD but no SSD I could buy it for $100 and I was planning on spending around $50 on upgrading the GPU. I only plan on playing WoW and I don't mind playing on all the way low settings lol. So does it sound like a good deal? And does anyone have any suggestions on what GPU I should go with if I do buy it? I only want to spend around 50 so something used off eBay is fine if you have any ideas let me know thanks for reading!Iperrymarkz21 20h
20h $319 1800x on eBay https://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AMD-RYZEN-7-1800X-8-Core-3-6-GHz-Socket-AM4-YD180XBCAEWOF-Desktop-Processor/272599572981?rmvSB=true&_mwBanner=1&epid=235162167 Now that is a good deal, would of been great if I was building my PC todayYou2 20h
22h Corsair one Deleted cause can't discuss anything herePromwithroly5 22h
1d Using obsolete parts for WoW So some posts as of lately been asking if a $100 PC or their 6+ year old PCs could do well on low settings and still achieve something for WoW. Well you know what, I'm testing that theory myself. Sometime after Thanksgiving I'll be getting some ancient parts from eBay or so, these are extremely cheap too (hence why the $100 PC people believe is good enough for WoW) the first thing I ordered was this https://imgur.com/a/EzLup This motherboard will do the testing setup, it is an AMD motherboard that supports from am2 (athlon 64) to am3+ (FX CPUs) This motherboard also supports ddr2 and ddr3, but only 2 ram slots for each and they can not work together, has to be one or the other. Also has Nvidia built in graphics but I don't think it will be viable, maybe I'll test it with the athlon 64 and run WoW or something So what I'll be doing is first getting ddr2 and an athlon 64 CPU, install Windows XP first then getting the BIOS updates to make it am3 compatible, then upgrade to 7, and do for test on an am2 cpu and ddr2 ram. Graphics will be the built in Nvidia graphics Then redo it with the WoWs minimum requirement (phemon ii x3 720) and some ddr3 ram. using hd Radeon 5670 Then one more time with FX 6100 as what is considered recommended based on WoWs system requirements. Will use r7 260x based on what it says on recommended requirements. This should be interesting regardless, I'll even use this old PC and try to upgrade from Windows 95 to 10 in order for fun. I'll post results sometime soonYou7 1d
1d What to do with old PC games? I have games going back all the way to spring 82. Are they worth selling? My wife and I are going through a major clean-up of the house and dumping everything we don't need (you'll be surprised how much stuff you can accumulate in over 40 years). For example, I have the Links golf game with most of the courses, and I know people still play it. And for most of the games, I have the instruction/guide books. So, if anyone knows where there is a place that buys old games, let me know please. ThanksSixsixxsixx5 1d
1d Desktop for Legion going forward I recently came back to wow after a 7 year break for college/ grad school. My desktop running it is a 5 year old Gateway that is by no means a gaming computer. I don't really have any problems for the most part, but don't run it on high settings. Raids really make it struggle. With that said, I am looking for help to put together a new pc! It will be used for WoW as the only game, and maybe hooked up to my entertainment system. If able, I'd like to stay under 1k. I won't need a monitor as I will either use the one I have, or my tv. thanks!Corràidhin4 1d
1d Door sensor I think this is as close off topic forum as we have. Sorry if not. Can anyone suggest a sensor let me know when a door gets open? Would like a small remote light or something. Doesn't need a camera or anything. Trying to game at work :P. Which is allowed, but one person whines about it.Morehavok3 1d
1d $800 budget desktop? the only game i play is wow. This pc would be strictly for wow. Would like good fps. decent graphics but doesnt have to be ultra high 200fps playable. im currently on a hp i3 laptop about 2 years old and i figure nothing could really be any worse at about 30 fps on lowest setttings my question What is the most important factors in a good quality wow gaming desktop and what aspects can be overlooked. examples - CPU ram graphics. Which is most important for simple wow gameplay. also does anyone know a desktop that could manage this without having to go through all the troubles of a building one myself as it seems to be more of a burden other than replacing the graphics card which would be fine.Sfscxpaladin3 1d
2d New rig suggestions Can anyone recommend which is better today for gaming rigs ? I have a budget of about $2,000 and am looking to build it, buying isn't completely off the table if it's more advantageous. I mostly Play Wow and DIablo III and Destiny 2 but I am also looking into higher FPS games CPU? Intel I5, i7 i9 or is AMD better or is this just personal preference? I'm not apposed to either but currently am rocking an I5 with a corsair liquid cooler and would definitely like to keep using liquid cooling. Motherboard, I seem to have had good luck with ASUS but honestly cannot determine which is better to go with. My Last build was in 2013. Case: Definitely needs replacing, I seem to have a liking for large full towers like the cooler master HAF models, are these still a hot item for gamers? I like lots of air flow and i like lots of room to work and upgrade so more is better :) What are your suggestions? Current GPU: Geforce 980 tx. Seems to handle what I do pretty well except it s seems to lag in Greater invasions when there's lots of people. Let me know if you need more information. Many thanks!Vessae35 2d
2d Who still has... Their Retro CD/DVD-Rom PC games Collection to play “Offline” just in case... err I mean now cause the internet has gone south? I have a select few titles for when I just want to unplug and go dark mode away from the whodo people on the internet. Some titles include. Spore Collection. Grid. C&C. Sim City 4. Age of Empires 3. Crysis and Crysis warhead. Time shift. And a few others. I know there are some people who have walls of retro gaming. Mines a small modest collection. Just seems in today’s world gaming is more about feeding corporate coffers than actual make a game let people enjoy it and move on without the need to keep them fixated on the game to spend $$. Yeah I know it was a different time and isn’t the same when nostalgias hits. But how many of us can truly “unplug” from the internet? As ironic as it is that I post this thread online. Any games that are true gems of your collection I would love to hear about! Thanks!Areesn8 2d
3d AMD Thread Ripper Does anyone use this CPU for World of Warcraft? Please let me know if the game runs smoothly and what FPS are you gertting at main citiesChronicc21 3d
3d Threadripper 1950x wins CES 2018 https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/11/09/1179013/0/en/AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-1950X-Wins-CES-2018-Best-of-Innovation-Award.html That "glue", some would say, is capable of winning an innovation award, fantastic job indeed. It will be displayed at CES 2018 at Las Vegas along with the other winnersYou13 3d
4d Upgrading to an SSD Was wondering how easy it'll be to switch from an older hard drive to an SSD as my main drive. It's one of the last things I could upgrade that would hopefully give me a decent boost in performance.Nopawsbutton18 4d
4d New Blizzard MMO New Blizzard MMO- I would like to see Blizzard develop a mmorpg revolving around farming and possibly cooking. I think something along the lines of Harvest Moon meets Farmville 2 , where players could raise crops and animals on their own farms, as well as raid other neighboring farms as well or expand through purchasing more land. There could be exploration as well as breeding rare farm animals, growing prize crops and finding treasures. The farm buildings and tools could be upgraded gradually to make the game easier to play as time went on. Farmers could then use the supplies or buy them at the market or sell them, then create food dishes to get even more in-game currency by selling created items. There's a lot of potential to create a fun game full of content if Blizzard would be willing to take the time to expand upon these ideas.Arelmas4 4d
5d Open to ideas I5 3470 4 gigs of ram Some crap old nvidia card Not sure of motherboard. I'm not near my pc. Upgrade the cpu and gpu? Just the gpu? Or spend around 600 on a new tower? What would you do?Camellights8 5d
5d Looking tp upgrade from Radeon 7700 GPU Heya, So after 5 years it finally died, I need a new video card. My MoBo has PCI Express 3 slots and I would like to get a card that only needs to use one slot, not one of those huge cards. Limited budget, up to $200 but nothing over including tax so a $199 won't work. Other specs below, could someone please suggest something? I am really not good with picking cards, I'm a bit out of the loop. Thank you in advance! Intel Core i5 4430 @ 3.00GHz 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series Motherboard ASUS - B85M-E (SOCKET 1150) RAM 6.00GB Dual-ChanGunwyvar10 5d
5d What settings should I use? From my specs what would be the best performance and best looking graphics settings, please and thank you :D Memory 8 GB DDR4 2133 Storage 1 TB HDD 7200 RPM Optical Drive DVD-ROM Graphics EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5X, RGB LED, 10CM FAN, 10 Power Phases, Double BIOS, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR Power Supply EVGA 700 B1, 80+ Bronze 700W, 3 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-B1-0700-K1 Case Cooler Master 590 III Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-Bit CPU Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80677I77700K Desktop ProcessorBookerr4 5d
6d Thinking about Getting D 3...but.. I played path of Exile and I liked it. Not really a huge fan of Action RPG like that but Path of Exile was decent. I did not however like the grimy setting and the limited options of looks. Would D3 gives me more option? Does it look better? Is it more fun? Can I play with a friend the campaign? Can I play with a friend if I buy the console version? Are the paladins class any good in D3?Phelios1 6d
6d For the Horde PC https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=309736472834956&id=135116216963650 I just wanted something no-one has. So I made this. Hope you guys like it.Imgroot3 6d
Nov 12 Race Change Preview I was hoping to get a discussion going as to the cost of the $25 race change. I understand that the system is in place to prevent people from constantly changing their race, but there needs to be a way to preview how your race will play and look. Some people race change because of racials, whereas others change for Transmog, etc. If you end up not liking how the class looks, you're stuck with $25 spent on a class that you weren't able to preview. Now yes - you could just go you YouTube, but I'd much rather see a system in place where you see how the character will look in game by Blizzard. For instance - Male Draenei look great standing still, but I don't like how they look when they run. Subjective, yes, but I wouldn't be able to know about the running issue until I've already dropped $25. Diablo has a preview of the classes; can wow implement such a system? Thanks for all you do Blizz :).Wargryf5 Nov 12
Nov 12 How to properly benchmark Wow? Wow is really weird game in how it utilizes hardware... i mean it's heavy on the CPU and Storage and not so much on the graphics card. Also performance varies a lot depending on what you're doing and how much players/adds are on the screen.Álêxander6 Nov 12
Nov 11 Buying prebuilt, need opinions - I'm looking at buying this (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-1tb-hard-drive-black-red/5657426.p?skuId=5657426) to replace my toshiba laptop that's 5 years old, and was wondering if it'll run wow on med-high settings during raids and get 30-60fps. I've never owned a true gaming PC, so this is a first for me, so any input would be appreciated. That being said, if there are any equivalent desktops for the same or less $$, I'm all ears. This is also an option, but once again, not sure if it's up to the standard for Legion. http://www.microcenter.com/product/483453/Nightblade_MIB_Desktop_Computer# Please don't suggest building.Öcotillo27 Nov 11
Nov 11 G600 MOUSE PROBLEMS ON A MAC Hello, it's been a few days since purchasing this mouse. I bought the G600 after owning a Razor Naga, which was replaced due to loose wiring. Bought the G600 as it was on sale and said to be great! Frankly it pissing me off as I'm unable to figure out how to keybind G9-G20 side mouse keys accordingly.z With my Naga it was simple, however this G600 is being a pain in the !@#, my Naga was programmable in game. Is this one not able to be programmed in game? Kinda ridiculous if you ask me. Not to mention the online video's people have created reviewing this mouse online are garbage reviews and explaining of the mouse. If nobody is able to help me this mouse is getting returned and I'll be writing a really bad review of this mouse online as it has been a really big headache of a purchase. Mouse feels great, however this problem is forbidding me from my fun and from merking people in Battlegrounds. Someone please help.Corwizz5 Nov 11
Nov 11 My New Threadripper Photo http://prodigals-earthen-ring.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Threadripper.jpgEhiztari2 Nov 11
Nov 11 Raja Koduri (creator of Vega) joining Intel http://www.game-debate.com/news/24013/radeon-boss-raja-koduri-leaves-amd-rumours-swirl-he-is-joining-intel LMAO!! if this happens consider any future Intel CPUs being at risk because how Vega didn't meet expectations He caused Vega to be a disappointment sadly, Intel better not hire him LOL!!You3 Nov 11
Nov 10 destiny 2 or cod ww2? not sure which to get, hear destiny 2 isnt good, but i havent liked a cod since like black ops 2. thoughts?Yagura5 Nov 10
Nov 10 Intel and AMD teaming up against Nvidia https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/amd-shares-surge-on-a-report-of-laptop-chip-deal-with-intel-to-fight-off-nvidia.html So the rumor is true then, Intel could be using Vega graphics in Intel CPU laptops to compete against Nvidia laptop graphics This is interestingYou11 Nov 10
Nov 10 Ryzen Gaming Build I just finished building my new gaming PC and wanted to get your thoughts on this Ryzen build with a freesync monitor/Nvidia GPU combo: CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock - X370 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX Video Card Case: NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit Case Fan: be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 140 61.2 CFM 140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - Pure Wings 2 140 61.2 CFM 140mm Fan Monitor: Nixeus - NX-EDG27 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-08 13:35 EST-0500 I was able to OC my Ram to 3066mhz, my CPU to 3.9Ghz, and my GPU to 2100Mhz core clock. Temps under load never go over 70c on both the CPU or GPU. I got a Firestrike score of 18,242 and a Cinebench Score of 1400 Couple things that surprised me was that I have yet to experience any screen tearing without being able to use Freesync. I turned on Fast Sync and I've never looked back. Also, after OCing my ram to 3066 from 2133 I saw a significant boost in performance with the Ryzen chip.Vsauss37 Nov 10
Nov 10 Thoughts on this Laptop build Will I be able to run WoW at "High Settings" at a 60 framerate in LFR? This is a Laptop from CyberPower PC. There's a "big" jump in price between the GTX 1060 and GTX 1070. *BASE_PRICE: [+999] ADAPTER: Power Adapter 150W BAGS: None BATTERY: Battery Li-ion 6 cell, 10.8V/4400mAH BLUETOOTH: Built-in Bluetooth CABLE: None CC: None CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz Turbo 3.8GHz 6MB Cache Processor (KabyLake) FLASHMEDIA: Built-in 2-in-1 Card Reader HD_M2SSD: 256GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX S10 PCIe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 1800/850 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 130/140k [+125] (Single Drive) HDD: 500GB WD Blue Series SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 545/525 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 100/80k [+34] (Single Drive) HEADSET: None KEYBOARD: Fully Programmable RGB Gaming Keyboard MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/2133MHz SODIMM Memory (Performance Memory by Major Brands) MONITOR: None MOPAD: None MOTHERBOARD: Intel® HM175 Express Chipset MOUSE: Clickpad 98x60, PS2 support NETWORK: Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 NOTEBOOK: 15.6" FHD IPS (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare Displays LCD w/ RGB Gaming Keyboard, HDMI 1.4, Display Port & USB 3.1 Type C NOTEBOOK_COVER: TRACER II 15 Cover OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition) RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 5 to 10 Business Days SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1-Year Limited WARRANTY and Life-Time Technical Support SOUND: Built-in HD audio SPEAKERS: Built-in 2 Speakers USB: Built-in 2x USB 2.0, 1x Type-C USB 3.1 USBHD: None VIDEO: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 (Pascal)[VR Ready] (NB-408-107) VIDEOCAMERA1: Built-in FHD Video Camera [+0] WNC: Intel® Dual Band Wireless 8265 AGN + Bluetooth V4.2 WTV: None _PRICE: (+1158) _view_: {01300A9D-E072-4FAA-8739-B4CDCA9CB8B6} _load_: 11/9/2017 7:32:16 PMGalluccio1 Nov 10
Nov 10 Logitech Customer Service Just a quick little rant, sorry if this sin't the place to post it. I'm completely fed up with Logitech. Absolutely great products(aside from the g13, for me personally), but I just am beyond frustrated with their customer service. For the longest time I was a Razer fan-boy, and that's really only because I used the Tartarus for years. It was the only really PC gaming equipment I had. Recently I decided a $20 walmart mouse and keyboard combo wasn't working for me so I went out and got the G502 and Logitech G Pro keyboard. Absolutely loved them. I have a little bit of a weird obsession with matching peripherals so I sold my trusty Tartarus(RIP) locally and ordered the g13. G13 lasted me until 2 days out of the return period, and then the thumbstick wore out, and the worst part is I only used it for a totally of 4 hours in that time frame. I tried contacting Logitech Customer Support and it took them 2 weeks to respond. They pretty much told me they could put a request for a straight up refund but it would take 2 weeks to process. I said that wasn't necessary, I'd rather use my warranty, but they ignored that and made me send them a bunch information for proof of purchase and I ended up waiting two weeks for the response. The request was denied, not surprisingly, and they said I'd then have to go through the warranty replacement process, which required me to resend all of the information they already had me send before. Fast forward 2 more weeks, and I received the email this morning that my warranty request was denied. The worst part is, my G Pro keyboard is broken now, too. The head of the usb plug got stuck in my computer when I tried unplugging it. I've never had these issues with Razer, and very easily replaced my Tartarus the one time it stopped working for me through them. I can still return my G Pro to Best Buy, so my plan is to do that and try finding someone who wants to buy a perfectly working g502 mouse, and a g13 whose thumbstick is worn out, and replacing them with Razer products. Sorry for the wall of text, I was just in a terrible mood after receiving that email this morning and needed to vent. I'd like to believe I'm not being too rough with these products either, I'm usually overly cautious when using expensive equipment like this. tl;dr - Logitech customer service is horrible, and I'm going back to Razer.Pstachió5 Nov 10
Nov 10 Need a cheap WoW machine, help! Hey guys. I’m looking for a cheap PC strictly for WoW only! I have a Xbox one for everything else, I literally just want a pc to play WoW with and that’s it! Don’t plan on playing any other pc titles. I don’t mind building or modifying, i also don’t mind having a used pc with wear and tear on the case as long as it’s just cosmetic. I really want to stay around the $100 mark since I only plan on playing on low-medium settings, As long as it plays smooth in 20m raids(atleast 40 FPS) I should be fine. I know it’s a really small budget but I know WoW doesn’t need much power! So thanks for reading and please leave any suggestions I appreciate it! TLDR:Need a pc that can run WoW on low setting for around 100 bucks. Was thinking about picking up a Dell Optiplex 790 off eBay and adding a cheap video card Since it already has a i5-2400. Any suggestions help thanks again!Iperrymarkz9 Nov 10
Nov 9 Thoughts on Omen Laptops Coming back to WoW and looking solely for a laptop as I will be using the excuse of needing a new laptop for school on top of my eventual dedication to Classic whenever it launches... having said that I came across this Omen for a pretty good price I think on bestbuy.... thoughts? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-by-hp-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-1tb-hard-drive-hp-sandblasted-hairline-brushing-and-carbon-fiber/5902576.p?skuId=5902576Marvor2 Nov 9
Nov 9 huge fps drop CPU RUNNING ABOVE MAX SPEED I have been experiencing random HUGE fps drops. I can run the game with all settings on fair(4) with no problem at around 100 fps. Every few seconds my frames would drop from 100 to anywhere from 5-20 fps for a few seconds, then it goes back to normal. I've checked task manager and it shows that my cpu is running at 3.50 GHz when the it should be at or below 2.9 GHz. I don't know what to do, its really annoying, can't play any game. If anyone knows a fix to this please let me know!!! :) Intel i7-7500u CPU @ 2.70 GHz, 2.90 GHz NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 16gb ramKãrãtekìd2 Nov 9
Nov 9 4K OLED or QLED? I'm going to be purchasing my first 4K TV soon and was wondering what I should get; I've watched a video about OLED being amazing darker colors while QLED is pretty vivid however QLED seams to require you to sit in the center of the screen while the other does not. I was thinking a 4K 55" OLED 2018 edition by LGDemonseven3 Nov 9
Nov 8 Is this a good laptop for under $450? What kind of settings would this most likely run? https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Flagship-Performance-Quad-Core-Bluetooth/dp/B06WD8174B/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510181722&sr=8-3&keywords=lenovo+z50Blair3 Nov 8
Nov 8 Running 144hz I am about to purchase a new monitor but I am unsure if I would be able to run at 144hz, So if I am unable to I do not wish to waste the money. My Graphics Card is AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series. My Processor is Intel Core 17-2600 3.4Ghz. Would I be able to run at 144hz or is there another thing in my computer I need to look up as well?Taleryn4 Nov 8