Games, Gaming and Hardware

Mar 12 Dell laptop: 5000 gaming, xps? AW? Hi all, I read reviews on the three laptops I'm considering but I could use some advice. I'm looking at Dell because I have good PC's from them and a credit line. I want a laptop for traveling which I do for work every month. Starting a long year of traveling and I want to play WoW on the road every night. This looks like a great deal: 1050ti, 256ssd, i5 7th gen. $849 but not a good display says all the reviews. Unbelievable price for new 10 series laptop, it's my favorite: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-15-7567-laptop/fndof514s But, an cod with new not-so-attractive pink trimmings has i7 and 1060 more cost at 1549 minus 10% off this week but a real gaming machine, me thinks: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/alienware-15-laptop/dkcwkblf033s Last I just saw this new xps15 that is smaller lighter comes with a 1050 regular, not ti but may have serious cooling /heat issues for gaming said one review: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/xps-15-9560-laptop/fncwxb1610s If the XPS 15 didn't have cooling issues and the 1050 was enough, I'm inclined to buy it because it is small, lightweight and great screen. The AW would be nice because it's a decent beast and comparable to the MSI's I've been looking at, but I get a discount and free financing for 12 months. The 15 gaming is economical by a long shot, 1050ti and a nice looking design. Just a bad screen. It's all just for WoW and maybe some other games but I love WoW and play with my friends. What do you all think? Is the xps going to be ok gaming? I love raids, not awesome at it but I want the laptop to handle raids at decent framerates. At least 25 fps or more hopefully. Home pc is 9 years old and upgraded but gets about 10fps in raids. TIA! I appreciate your comments!!!Tubbyterror4 Mar 12
Mar 12 Anyone hyped for armies of azeroth? Anyone hyped for armies of azeroth of mod? I can't wait to play reign of chaos in updated graphics.Gunnarr5 Mar 12
Mar 12 1060 3GB Hi guys, Wanting to upgrade GPU, looking at a 1060 3GB, however I'm worried about VRAM. I currently use 3.4GB or so on my current setup, can anybody confirm what VRAM they use as I'm thinking I may have to go for a 4GB RX 480 instead. Thanks.Oncereborn3 Mar 12
Mar 12 Computer Question I just got a new desktop. It was not very expensive but it still has pretty good specs. It has an I7-7700, 16GB of Ram and a 1060. But It wont run WOW on anything above 5. Is it the 1060 or what is going on? Thank you in advance.Vlinx8 Mar 12
Mar 11 Happy 30th Final Fantasy Anniversary Blizzard I cried at 1:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=549WhpVbGJgScoobydoot0 Mar 11
Mar 11 ESO a good game? Kinda getting bored of wow and need something else to play for awhile. What are the pros and con's of ESO and does it have a large player base or does it seem "dead" at times?Reaperxive1 Mar 11
Mar 11 Not Understanding My FPS vs My Tech My Rig: PCU- i7 4790k GBU- Geforce GTX 960 4gb OC (Asus Strix) RAM- x2 4GB Corsair Vengeance MotB- Maximus VII Hero Powah- Corsaair CX750 Hardrive(s)- x2 WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64 MB Cache Cooling- Cooler Master Hyepr 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan Case- Cooler Master HAF 932 Adv. High Air Flow Full Tower w/ USB 3.0 <<Accessories>> Keyboard- Razor Black Widow Mouse- Razor Naga (standard) Headset- Turtle Beach (forget specs) Monitor(s)- Dell 32'' and Acer 27" Speakers- Logitech (basic ones nothing special) >>Windows 7 Home Edition<< So now that that is out of the way. I have a question about my FPS. I can run around fine around the world with 60+ FPS occasionally drooping down to 55ish when on HIGH settings. But when I go into large encounters (I of course expect some kind of FPS drop) ie a world boss i drop down to 43-47fps. I can go into a dungeon have a straight 60+ fps but when I go into a raid summing around 15-20 people I drop to 50+ fps. Keep on mind this is all on HIGH only. ULTRA is a different story. All the following time periods all rate around 45-55 fps. Maybe even the high 30's on a good day. So my question is, is there something wrong with my RIG set up or do I need to make some changes in the settings? Ideally I'm trying to reach and maintain a 60fps 90% of the time on Ultra or even higher on HIGH. Any suggestions?Døømguy5 Mar 11
Mar 11 How often should I blow dust my desktop Is it okay to dust it once a month? What blow duster do you use and recommend? and how often you do you clean the dust inside? I'm new to it so need a comparison Picts of when the right time I need to do it thanksAlpan6 Mar 11
Mar 11 New computer, just wondering.... So after 10 years, I've upgraded my desktop to a new system. i5-7400 3.0 ghz MSI GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GT OC Video Card 8 GB ram (can expand to 64) 600 power supply That's what I can recall off the top of my head. The question is..... Can I run WoW at, or near ultra settings, and how will it run? Like pretty good, or rip that **** up? Remember, I and going from a 10 year old desk top that runs WoW at low setting fairly well and raids are right out.Panzerclaw3 Mar 11
Mar 10 The new TERA Class voting has finished The voting polls for the new Tera class have finished and the winner is Valkyrie class, most players were not even aware of this vote so it wasn't really fair http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/new-class-name-announcementNobunanga13 Mar 10
Mar 10 The Ryzen 1700 "budget" build I have put together some parts for a Ryzen set, unfortunately the 1700 is the cheapest buyers can get till the Ryzen 5 series come out later this year. PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4nxZjc Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4nxZjc/by_merchant/ CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($329.99 @ B&H) Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg) Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.33 @ OutletPC) Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB XXX OC Video Card ($179.99 @ Newegg) Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case ($36.99 @ SuperBiiz) Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($47.89 @ Newegg) Other: Hyper 212 ($31.39) Other: GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming (rev. 1.0) AM4 AMD B350 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX Motherboards - AMD ($99.99) Total: $820.56 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-27 09:54 EST-0500 Motherboard and CPU cooler had to be manually entered due to not being updated yet on PCPartPicker. Let's compare to some of Intel builds that "only" some would rather prefer Keep in mind Ryzen 7 is not meant to compete the i5 Kaby Lakes, that's for Ryzen 5. Ryzen 7 competes with i7. PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XGtN2R Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XGtN2R/by_merchant/ CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($238.75 @ OutletPC) CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($116.98 @ Newegg) Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($55.29 @ OutletPC) Storage: Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($71.88 @ OutletPC) Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Mini Video Card ($239.88 @ OutletPC) Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case ($56.99 @ SuperBiiz) Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($46.89 @ Newegg) Total: $861.65 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-27 09:05 EST-0500 Nope PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/symnNN Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/symnNN/by_merchant/ PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/symnNN Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/symnNN/by_merchant/ CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($238.75 @ OutletPC) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($26.39 @ Newegg) Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($119.89 @ OutletPC) Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($55.29 @ OutletPC) Storage: Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($71.88 @ OutletPC) Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SSC GAMING Video Card ($254.98 @ Newegg) Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case ($51.09 @ Amazon) Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($46.89 @ Newegg) Total: $865.16 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-27 09:08 EST-0500 Still nope. Hey! Let's put a i7 on that 2nd build! PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/g8BgKZ Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/g8BgKZ/by_merchant/ CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($338.89 @ OutletPC) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($26.39 @ Newegg) Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($119.89 @ OutletPC) Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($55.29 @ OutletPC) Storage: Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($71.88 @ OutletPC) Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SSC GAMING Video Card ($254.98 @ Newegg) Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case ($51.09 @ Amazon) Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($46.89 @ Newegg) Total: $965.30 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-27 09:09 EST-050 Here's something to pay attention of: the RX 480 is out of stock but you can always wait for it, it was indeed a very good sale. Ryzen 1700 is still cheaper than the 3 Intel builds above. Ryzen 1700 starts at a 3.0 GHz but boosts to 3.7 GHz. You can still overclock manually, the 1700x and 1800x can do on their own depending on cooling called XFR. That's the only difference between the 1700 and 1700x/1800x If you want to see some comparisons, take a look at these benchmarks, official one's come out the launch day. Only 1700x is leaked. http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-7600K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X/3885vs3915 https://www.game-debate.com/cpu/index.php?pid=2461&pid2=2449&compare=ryzen-r7-1700x-vs-core-i5-7600k-3-8ghz If you like to wait for the Ryzen 5 series that's OK too. Here's some speculation of the Ryzen 1600x against the i5 7600k. http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/6-core-ryzen-5-1600x-benchmarks-shows-50-faster-then-core-i5-7600k.htmlYou17 Mar 10
Mar 10 Gaming laptop hunting advice! Okay, so the old thread got pushed away, and I couldn't change the title since things got changed, so bam, new thread! Originally, I just wanted a laptop that can run WoW on '5' graphical settings or higher, but not a gaming laptop. NOW I want to see if I can get something that'll not only run it on '10' smoothly BUT can run other games just as well. Specifically Rift and Tera. So, yeah, an all out gaming laptop. Budget: Up to $1,500 NO MORE. If I can't buy a gaming laptop that can run '10' with this then I'll settle for '7-8' range. I'm browsing newegg for the laptops themselves! Here's one that looks fine by specs, and has great reviews, but I'm new at this and want some input on if the ones I find are good brands and have a decent history of not crashing or having technical issues from the start. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8S14H07846Razzydazzy4 Mar 10
Mar 10 Upgrade from GTX650 to 1050TI Will my current AMD 6300 6 core 3.50 GHz Processor be enough? I plan on upgrading the PSU as well. Currently Just play WOW and Battlefield 1. ThanksKelwor5 Mar 10
Mar 10 Logitech G600 G-Shift Not working Hey guys/gals. I'm just curious if anyone is running this mouse. I have the buttons set up as followed: G9-G20 are 1 - = and i have other spells Using g-shift on Shift+1 - Shift+= Most times it works, but in the middle of battles, or randomly the G-Shift completely stops working on WoW. I check the Logitech Software and the button is working. So it stopped working on the game. I used to use Ctrl+1 - Ctrl+= thinking something might be interfering but maybe this is doing the same or i have chosen the wrong mouse? Any help would be appreciated because I can't figure this one out.Xfuxgivenot2 Mar 10
Mar 9 Kaby Lake Vs. Ryzen - A Comprehensive Guide Howdy all, and welcome! With the launch of AMD's new Ryzen architecture, there's been a lot of speculation and even some misinformation spread lately about the specs of these new CPUs. So the aim of this guide is to show you what we know for sure, and compare Intel's Kaby Lake to AMD's Ryzen platform. We don't have any real post-release benchmarks for Ryzen yet, but I'll try and bring all of the confirmed information we do have together and let you all decide which platform and architecture is right for you. Now, before we get into it, I want to point out that whichever platform you choose, you will be making some trade offs. Even ignoring any purely performance-oriented advantages one has over the other, there are features and options on each platform (or the lack thereof) that you as a consumer may care about. For example, Ryzen's entire line of CPUs offer 8-cores/16-threads. Ryzen also offers automatic overclocking via their XFR feature on both the X370 Series and B350 Series motherboard chipsets, assuming you've got a good enough CPU cooler for it. Intel's Kaby Lake i7's only sport 4-cores/8-threads, and only support overclocking on the higher end K-Series CPUs, and Z170 and Z270-Series motherboard chipsets. On the flipside though, Ryzen's AM4 chipset does not have acccess to Intel's exclusive features such as Thunderbolt 3, which is kind of a big deal. The first generation of Ryzen chips also don't include any integrated graphics whatsoever. So any video-out ports included on the AM4 motherboards are just flat out dead. As a result, Ryzen also doesn't support QuickSync or equivalent hardware-based video encoding, though AMD hopes to offset this with the extra CPU cores. If however you're comparing Ryzen to Intel's more expensive enthusiast line of Broadwell-E CPUs like the i7-6900k in order to get a more 8-core/16-thread apples-to-apples comparison, keep in mind that Ryzen's AM4 only offers 24 PCI-E lanes as opposed to Intel's 40+, and only supports dual channel memory as opposed to Broadwell-E's quad-channel support. Though the average consumer won't care much about these. With that said, AMD's goal is to kind of position Ryzen in the gap between Intel's consumer Kaby Lake chips and their more enthusiast Braodwell-E chips. For most gamers, this is fine. We don't really need quad-channel memory or that many PCI-E lanes. However it's something to consider if you plan on a lot of expandability using PCI-Express in the future. Speaking of gaming, it should also probably be mentioned that gamers have been a big target for AMD's marketing campaign for Ryzen. Particularly Twitch streaming. So there's a lot of marketing bull that we have to sift through to get the real story. So that's just something to be aware of. The Specs Alright gang. This is what you came to read, so here we go. ... Note that these will not include any integrated graphics whatsoever. Though Raven Ridge Ryzen-based APUs should be coming in the second half of 2017. Now let's compare those to the more popular Intel chips they're poised to compete with: ... Again, we don't yet have confirmed benchmarks for the Ryzen chips, but comparing the specs side by side, it's pretty clear that AMD wants to place their Ryzen CPUs between the i7-7700K and the 6900K. The Take-Away Okay, so let's assume for a moment that the rumors and leaks going around are true, and AMD has mostly caught up to Intel's performance per core. What does any of this mean? If nothing else, it'll force Intel back into a price war with AMD. Intel has been sitting alone on the top for so long that their mainstream CPU lines have stagnated, leaving Intel free to set whatever price they wanted to charge consumers. AMD's return to the battlefield will force Intel to lower their prices, and if we're lucky, put a bit more work into their R&D for the next generation. In terms of performance, if Ryzen performs anywhere near what it's supposed to, it'll mean that gamers will have to make some trade offs. In games that don't make use of a lot of cores, like WoW itself, Intel's better single-threaded performance per core will pull way ahead of AMD's Ryzen CPUs. If however you favor a workflow more akin to that used on a workstation, or if you plan to stream those games you're playing on Twitch, Ryzen's CPUs make more sense, given all the extra cores on which to split the workload. Again, this is just an educated guess, but in short, if your game or workflow relies on single-threaded performance, I'd go Intel. If your game or workflow uses a lot of CPU cores at once, I'd go AMD. Either way, I doubt it'll be a definitive win for either camp. No matter which team you go for, Intel or AMD, there will be certain tasks that one team's line of CPUs will be much better at than the competition. So if you're planning on building a computer in the next few weeks, my advice is to wait for the Ryzen benchmarks and see which one performs better at the tasks you run the most.Stoneblade42 Mar 9
Mar 9 Should you build new or buy off of CL? My next video is going to pin a $500 PC I bought off Craigslist (well give credit for on trade) against my budget gamer (which I just ordered) CL PC Intel Core I5 4460 MSI board (I think) 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz EVGA GTX 960 4GB EVGA 500W 80+ certified Cooler Master N400 SanDisk 256GB SSD WD 500GB HDD Vs The Cheapskate Intel Pentium G4560 ASrock B250M board 1x8GB DDR4 2400MHz EVGA GTX 1050 SC Seasoning M12II 430W 80+ Bronze Zalman Z3 case Crucial Mx300 275GB M.2 SSD Which will win? What are the pros and cons? We will find out!Snaeb2 Mar 9
Mar 9 Alienware 17 R4 FPS issues I just bought this laptop and have been doing some testing with settings. Its an i7-6700HQ with 16gb of ram and the 1070 dGPU. I have tested on the 1070 dGPU and even with the graphics amplifier plugged in with a EVGA 1070 FTW in it, I can only pull about 35-45 FPS on ultra consistently. I play on a samsung 29" ultrawide monitor at 2560 x 1080. My desktop which is an i5-3750 with 8gb of ram and a GTX 970 that is 5 or more years old could run most areas at 90 FPS. Any ideas where to start?Bawxadin9 Mar 9
Mar 9 FFXIV, seeking friends Hello fellow gamers! I recently started playing FFXIV again, and I'm looking for some friends. I'm still getting used to it again, and my Dragoon is only level 39 (Would have been 40..curse you maintenance!), and I play on the Siren Server of the Aether Database. Anyway, looking for people to play with =), not sure how it works over there, whether server matters though.Linthirri0 Mar 9
Mar 9 Batman: Arkham Insurgency (rumor) It's rumored that a new Batman game will be coming this year, titled Arkham Insurgency. It's supposed to take place 3 years after Arkham Origins (so 5 years before Arkham Asylum), and feature the Batmobile (but the earlier Batmobile from Asylum so no battle mode). Dick Grayson will be present as Robin. Developed by WB Montreal (as Arkham Origins was). If this is true, it's great news, because I absolutely loved Arkham Origins. http://wccftech.com/new-batman-arkham-game-set-3-years-origins-feature-batmobile-expanded-combat-rumor/ This is all just a rumor so far, but it sounds neat from what they've said. Hopefully they don't botch the PC port and take 6-8 months to fix it like they did with Arkham Knight. The same "anonymous source" believes (but isn't 100% sure) that Rocksteady is working on a Superman game set in the Arkhamverse. And the rumored game based on Damian Wayne is in "development hell" but may come out in the future.Vralok2 Mar 9
Mar 8 Alienware, Which is better? So Im stuck between picking two laptops, and was wondering if you can shed some light for me. I have two Alienware laptops in my possession, one will be returned. I have an Alienware 15 r3, with an Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.5GHz w/ Turbo Boost), and a GTX 1060. It also has an upgraded Killer network 1535 card inside. I also have an Alienware 17 r4 with an Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.5GHz w/ Turbo Boost) and a GTX 1070. It has the base Killer network wifi 1435 thingy. Will the wifi card make a huge difference? Will the 1060 vs 1070 make a huge difference? The 1070 is roughly 300 more than the 1060 model. Which would you pick? PS I want an alienware because I'm a mouth breather with nostalgia. I'm sure MSI and Asus have better offerings, but the look, and feel mean a lot to me. PSS I only play WOW/Hots/Overwatch.Brewsin12 Mar 8
Mar 8 When you get a faulty mobo z170 pro comes in.. gtx1080 ready to go, 500g 850 evo pro ssd, i5 6770k, heat sync, new ram, some cool fans, new tower.. and go... build it up, turn it on, everything has power, things are moving... ... but wait. no beep.. nothing on the screen... it's so quiet and the fans are so cool... test on board graphics, nope. play with ram, nope, check all the connectors and power and ssd.. nope.. le sigh.. take it apart. send back the mobo. wait.. try again later this week.Bluddee6 Mar 8
Mar 8 Next build, chime in please! https://strawpoll.com/6z242dw Which build would you guys like to see for gaming/wow benchmarks and a build log this time.Snaeb6 Mar 8
Mar 8 AMD Naples server CPU Just saw some of the specs. This thing looks like a monster. - 32 cores, 64 threads per CPU w/ 2 cpus in each server rack - 8 channel memory per cpu leading to a max capacity of 32 DIMMS of DDR4 16GB RAM, or 4 TB - Only 1.4GHz base clock / 2.8GHz turbo clock, but still... for raw number crunching it looks very damn impressive. Probably doesn't do very well on the GTA V benchmark though.Pïcklejuice3 Mar 8
Mar 7 Should you by a Ryzen chip? My thoughts Multiple gaming benchmarks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-YYwvL1T2E WoW Live Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq8nPT_TlsQ&t=114s Performance It is by far the best overall performing chip that I have personally tested. But I am not gauging just gaming performance but multitasking, adobe premiere, multigaming and streaming. I have never used a processor that is so well balanced that it can perform all of these tasks to 80-90% as good as any other products out there in the same pricing category. For 1440p the gaming is good enough and only lag behinds 9-15% in worst case scenarios but in multithreaded games it pulls far ahead. Compared to my previous 4790k, adobe is rendering more than twice as quickly (my review video took 6 minutes to compress and export vs 16 minutes of a similar size video). The truth No one expected this chip to actually beat the single threaded king in raw gaming performance when these games are literally developed around 7th gen core processors with a heavy focus on single threaded performance. But AMD didn't actually say their chip would do that either. AMD wanted to deliver a strong powerful chip that could satisfy people like myself (smaller content creators), that also like to game, multitask and stream. I personally would gladly give up a bit of raw gaming performance for what I have gained with this chip even if I didn't expect that. The Cons Being an early adopter of the chip I've ran into many problems. But of course I expected to have issues and anyone who didn't shouldn't of pre-ordered one. The newest bios update for my x370 Pro board by Asus has a serious voltage issue where it spikes randomly and won't power down at idle. This causes idle temps to be at 50*C, luckily load temps top out around 70*C. Also, the Hyper 212 Evo only goes one way and blocks memory slot #1. Speaking of memory, we know that some of the performance issues is because going past 2133MHz is difficult and has been addressed and hopefully fixed in the near future. Conclusion If you are in the market for a new chip between $300-400, my advice is to wait. There are some serious issues with the platform that need to be addressed first. Once these issues are resolved, it really depends on what your end goal is. If you literally only play World of Warcraft or Arma 3, go with a 7700k. If you do anything where multithreaded performance would make a difference or you game above 1080p, I would say the Ryzen chip is bar NONE the way to go once the issues are figured out.Snaeb6 Mar 7
Mar 7 Upgrades!!! Alrighty folks, today I received excellent news: I am getting a very unexpected bonus check from work. The best part is I am currently very much caught up with bills, so I will be using a good chunk of it for upgrades to my computer. I talked it out with a friend of mine who does builds, and he made a list on PCpartpicker of the things I should get. Currently only seeking to go with new ram mobo and processor as I already have a solid case, decent graphics card, and a good power supply. The list in this link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fpTxNN I guess my ultimate question is what do you guys think? I know enough to know that this looks solid, but not enough to know if it's over kill. I don't want an insane overkill machine, but I want something that's better than good, since I sold my Xbox and will be primarily PC gaming. Right now it's WoW overwatch titanfall 2 division but I'm going to expand my library soon. The first thing I notice I may not get is that AIO cooler, because right now I don't over clock, and won't until I get to understand it a little better, I stuck with the unlocked processor for when I do start over clicking I won't have to completely replace my processor again. I also currently have a decent $25 cooler on my current processor that isn't stock, so if need be i could stick with that, unless you guys know of a better one to get. I know this little information to go off of, but if you questions about my current build to give better insight, just let me know. All help is truly appreciated guys, thank you!Pstachío17 Mar 7
Mar 7 Silent Keyboard ? For my wife's sanity, I need to get a good, affordable silent keyboard. Anyone can recommend a good one ? Not necessarily has to be for gaming, just very silent ! Thanks !!!Yigglez5 Mar 7
Mar 7 HELP with Gaming Mouse: Cyborg RAT 7 I was recently introduced to WoW and on a whim, picked up a RAT 7 because it's ridiculously cool looking and thankfully quite comfortable to use. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get WoW to recognize my programmed game profile. I've already contacted Cyborg tech support and I have confirmed that my thumb scroll assignments for strafing are correct. When testing in Notepad, scrolling right produces key press "e" while scrolling left produces key press "q." The tech suggested that I look into my in-game settings and they appear to be correct but I still can't thumb scroll to strafe. Might any of you RAT 7 owners have a suggestion or two how I might be able to fix this? Thank you in advance!Benedikte8 Mar 7
Mar 6 1050ti good enough for WoW? Just upgraded my graphics card to the 1050ti, as well as a new motherboard, the Asus 970 Pro Gaming/Aura. Now I'm still kind of a beginner when it comes to PCs. Built my first one around three or four years ago and just upgraded to those two parts two weeks ago. Naturally I was very excited to load up WoW and be able to run the game smoothly without fps issues. Sadly that's not the case, at least when I'm in the Legion zones Now when it comes to Legion zones, my fps takes a bit of a hit. Maybe I had high expectations of hitting that sweet 60 fps that we love so much, but the most I see when Questing in Legion zones is 30 fps, and sometimes a bit lower depending on what's around me. My previous graphics card had the same issue but seeing that it was pretty old, I didn't stress it much. Now the drivers for the 1050ti graphics card are up to date, but maybe its just that Legion zones are a lot more demanding since the zones have a lot going on. I dunno, so maybe you guys can shed some light on the situation. So is it possible to stay at 60 fps using the 1050ti when everything is on max settings aka 10, or would I need to forever be locked into the recommended graphics settings in-game, which is medium settings aka 5? Feedback is greatly appreciated! Oh and here's a more detailed look at my PC's specs if it helps: Motherboard: Asus 970 Gaming/Aura Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1050ti Superclocked 4GDDR5 CPU: AMD FX-6350 FX-Series 6-Core Black Edition RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2x 8 GB Module) 1600MHz 240-pin DDR3 Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Power Supply: Seasonic M12II 620 BRONZE ; SS-620GM 80Plus Power SupplyVaedian17 Mar 6
Mar 6 Just checking out this video What do you guys think about this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylvdSnEbL50 I don't like the idea that it took Vishera 3 Intel refreshes to become competitive with their initial release equivalent, but I just felt like sharing the video. Really made me depressed realizing it took Vishera 5 years to out perform the i5 2500k.Conqistador2 Mar 6
Mar 6 Got my 1700x FINALLY So after Newegg canceled my preorder, and then Amazon canceled my preorder on launch day and driving 5 hours (2.5 each way) to Microcenter, I have my 1700X and Asus X370 board as well as a Samsung 960 Evo NVME SSD (256GB). Build log is recorded, benchmarks will come tomorrow after work. Note, the newest bios F'ed my voltage and it's running 45-60*C at idle (Hyper 212 Evo).Snaeb22 Mar 6
Mar 6 Parts ordered, The Hype is REAL!!! Part list: Ryzen R7-1700X NZXT Kraken x61 (already own) using stock cooler for now ASrock X370 SLI/AC Motherboard Phanteks Eclipse R400 Blk/wht EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 (Went EVGA for stepup to 1080 TI in a month or 2) 3x Corsair SP120 RGB 2x Corsair SP140 White LED Crucial MX300 1TB SSD 32GB 4x8 G.Skill TridentZ (wht/blk) EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold PSU Cable Mods Blk/White Cables Total cost: $2030 Current PC sold for: $1400 (4790k, 16GB ram 980 TI 512GB SSD) Credit card promo: $150 Net cost: $480Snaeb28 Mar 6
Mar 6 Right hand keyboard/gamepad I know this has been asked in the past, but last thread I found on Google was nearly a year old... My wife injured her left hand at work in a factory and has low movement and feeling in most of the fingers so she has been having a hard time getting used to pressing all the buttons needed to play her hunter with her left hand.. That's when I remembered about the n52 and g13 type gamepad/keyboards but was wondering if they every released these for use with your right hand. She can move the left hand enough to use wasd keys for movement and thought it'd work great for her right, but still having problems finding one. Did anyone ever find anything or have any suggestions how to make it easier for her? I though about binding one of the thumb mouse buttons on her mouse to the shift key so she could click that to ad modifiers to her spells but not sure if you can bind shift..Illyrria3 Mar 6
Mar 6 Night in the woods discussion has anyone else had a chance to play this gem of a game? I feel like this is what life is strange wanted to be.Grumar0 Mar 6
Mar 5 Razer Tartarus keybinding went all screwy. My Razer Tartarus keybinding changed today, and refuses to change back. I am thinking maybe it has something to do with the new Synapse patch that I was prompted to update today. Basically what's going on in the keypad itself is -- Joystick: Forward is now ] Backward is now [ Left is now Page Up Right is now Right Arrow That's for the joystick I usually move with. The joystick used to be set to being the directional arrows by default. Now it's this, and I can't change it. Three rows of five buttons make up the keypad. Those are, by default, usually Tab through R for row one, Caps Lock through F for row two, and Shift through V for row three. Now they are: 1: F11 2: Q 3: W 4: E 5: Num Pad * 6: Delete 7: A 8: S 9: D 10: F 11: Delete 12: . 13. ' 14: C 15: . As you can see, Delete and Period make up two of my buttons. When I try to map them in WoW, binding something to keypad #6, for example, will unbind when I bind a different WoW ability to #11, because they are both Delete. The same for 12 and 15. Furthermore, I liked having Shift as my bottom left key (#11), for stuff like Clique (a mouseover add-on predominantely used for healing) and even just simply opening my all my bags easily. My first thought was to open the Razer Synapse configuration, select my keypad, and switch the keys back to the appropriately corresponding keys on a keyboard. But when I opened it up, all eight keymapping sets were all still at the default settings. The original buttons still show themselves to be where they are supposed to be. I went through and rebound them anyway, saved them all, and switched back into my WoW, and the same keybinding issues are still there. I am not really a hardware or software guy. I just know how to open the WoWs and push the buttons. Can someone please help? Was it today's patch that screwed it up? Or is it something else? I will pay for all help with bacon!Fizzwink1 Mar 5
Mar 5 Best Keyboard around $50? Minor oversite... on my build forgot the keyboard lol.. I don't need a programmable keyboard because I don't know how to do that any way.. Suggestions?? I def want black lighted due to the fact that I play when everyone else is asleep... Thank so much !!Stormsz4 Mar 5
Mar 5 PC Doctor Any recommendations for a good maintenance/PC Doctor software. I recently had some software issues forcing me force shut off my computer a couple times. When ever I do that, it worries me about the damages it might entail. I do an immediate chkdsk /F afterwords. Is there a good software that checks everything thing though? Graphics and Ram included?Drhildabrand0 Mar 5
Mar 5 Memory problems hi guys,i plan to buy a new pc, but i don't know 16GB or 32GB is best.so anyone can give me some good advice? Thank You.Eronilia1 Mar 5
Mar 5 Zelda Ocarina of Time - WoW style Big fan of the Ocarina of Time, so I was thinking it'd be cool if the dungeons and temples from the game were custom dungeons/raids in WoW. Ofc not set in the WoW universe but the dungeons and temples would make cool 5 man or raid group.Dicedfox3 Mar 5
Mar 5 Blizzard should port WoW to Nintendo Switch! I mean it's a powerful gaming tablet, seems like a better opportunity than ever to make the full switch (no pun intended...OK jk pun totally intended!). I know some people at Blizzard who would be ecstatic...Zipzzo15 Mar 5
Mar 5 Ryzen 7 1700x Benchmarks 1440p!!! Benchmarks are done! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-YYwvL1T2E Included one for WoW FP!Snaeb2 Mar 5
Mar 5 Graphic card/black screen! Problem with my graphics card I think. So I have two graphic cards on my laptop. One is Intel(R) HD graphics 620 and the other is NVIDIA GeForce 940MX for some reason my screen will either cut off until I reset my screen or it will flicker to the point to where it turns off. I still hear everything in the back ground. So I decided to disable the GeForce graphic card and so far my screen hasn't flickered nor turned off. Any suggestionsWaraven0 Mar 5
Mar 5 Shovel Knight Anyone else play this game? I just bought it on Steam and I'm already pretty hooked.Pïcklejuice4 Mar 5
Mar 5 How will it run wow? Processor - Intel i5 6400 @ 2.7-3.3GHz RAM - 8 GB ddr4 2133MHZ UDIMM memory HDD - 2TB 7200RPM SATA3 hard drive PSU - Standard 300 watt GPU - EVGA GeForce GtX 1050 Ti SC Gaming, 4gb GDDR5, DX12 OSD support, (PXOC) Have this in the mail already. Compared to what I've been playing on (an almost 5 year old 14 inch Alienware labtop) I'm super hyped. Can anyone estimate how the game will play with these specs?Elerooze14 Mar 5
Mar 5 Dear Blizzard and Blues. Please Make a HD 1920*1080 Warcraft 2 64bit game. PLEASE for the LOVE OF Warcraft. Long Have I missed tunneling threw the forest. Sending masses of troops. Ill pay 39.99 right now! That feeling of love for a game that we all lost. So please Lets make Warcraft Great again. I miss the war in Warcraft. World of Warcraft use to capture this. But legion has failed. There have been no surprises no anticipations... I expected a onslaught of demons to attempt to take over the world while us heroes defended and beat them back... A world were I could fly and explore to the far reach's of the stars. I did not get this. I was looking for a adventure once again.... To experience the things in the world. But alas I have not gotten that.... I for one feel like I am being held back. When all I wish is to go forward. So until then can I please for the love of all that is Warcraft be bundled back up in Warcraft 2 64 bit HD 1920*1060 edition $39.99 Right now. :) Thank you Captain StababillStababill5 Mar 5
Mar 4 Mass Effect Andromeda Who is excited about ME MP coming back? I know I am. Have been waiting ages for a new sci-fi third person shooter like ME 3 MP to come back. (Yes, I know about Warframe. I also play that game as well.)Drhildabrand3 Mar 4
Mar 4 Connecting to wifi Just recently changed service providers and my desktop now needs to be connected through wifi since they moved the modem to the main floor now. What part do I need to buy to be able to connect wirelessly to the modem? The cheaper the better but something that will still grant me a good connection for playing WOW. Modem is just up the stairs, so no big objects interfering with the signal.Notskiz5 Mar 4
Mar 4 Why Ryzen is Ultimately a Win The main reason Ryzen is ultimately a win is because there is no more Clustered Multi Threading and now it's Simultaneous Multi threading. Why does that matter you ask? Because programmers code for the most common hard ware out there and at the moment that is the Core i Series from Intel. Simultaneous Multi Threading is more in line with Intel's current CPU architecture and is easier to code for. Which gives AMD more time to work on increasing IPC between generations and less on optimizing software compatibility for a polar opposite CPU architecture. Now everyone is complaining about the low clocks and I can sympathize. Anyone who knows AMD knows that it takes time for them to bin their chips to achieve higher clocks. Look at the original Phenoms for example, the x4 9850 was struggling to maintain a stable 3.0~3.2ghz over clock while the final iteration of Phenom II was peaking at 4.2ghz. Bulldozer is another example (although not to the same extent). The original Fx 8150 was also clocked at 3.6ghz and boosted to 4.0ghz, while Vishera was marketing stock chips at 5.0ghz. This is why I see Ryzen as a success, the clocks will come, and so will the incremental IPC bumps. But all in all, AMD has an architecture they can finally work with.Conqistador8 Mar 4
Mar 4 BSOD from dust when playing WoW? My computer is 2 1/2 years old. (Built in 2014 I think it was - week before WoD launched) Before it was a year old, I had BSOD. Didn't happen again in Dec 2015. Then it happened once in January, twice in February, and again in March 2016 so I dusted it out. Also note; every BSOD happened while playing WoW. After that, was working GREAT. Until today... was playing WoW - and a BSOD. X.x I dusted it out again, here's hoping it's fixed again :(Evillyn1 Mar 4
Mar 4 Need help with Graphics cards Hey! :) i was wondering if a NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M Graphics 2GB GDDR3 would be good to play WoW on high?Goaran30 Mar 4
Mar 4 New PC Advice Aside from recently spending $450 on a PC that already doesn't work. And no way to get my money back. I want my next PC to be able to run WoW settings maxed and run smoothly. So, what are the minimal requirements to run WoW with graphic settings maxed? And what PC's or Laptops you know of out of the box that can do this, if any can? Thanks!Rownen11 Mar 4