Games, Gaming and Hardware

Nov 5, 2013 WAR's last hurrah After years of hoping, Warhammer Online has gone f2p for all previous account holders....a month before shutdown. It is a game that had a lot of problems, I can't argue against that, but damn the RvR was a blast. I'm going back to at least see my old characters, hopefully WAR will have a couple more major battles for me to get into though.Valkirt0 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 3D monitors? So my question or questions are; how much more taxing are they on the GPU and CPU, I would be running 3 monitors SLI GTX 770 no Surround with the 3D in the middle where I play my games. Is it worth it? Good brands to buy from? Best refresh rate 120Hz or 144Hz? It will be 1920 x 1080 ( I know kind of small for a SLI 770 ), what screen size is best? If anybody could help me with this I'd appreciate it :) or if you have any comment to add then please do.Arcanefuel2 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 Install Blizzard launcher to my SSD or HDD? Hello everyone. I recently purchased a computer with a rather small 128 GB SSD. I want to put WoW on this SSD but no other games. Will installing the Blizzard launcher to the SSD allow me to install, say, Diablo III to the HDD and WoW to the SSD? Will there be any issues with the launcher? Noob question as I've never run two drives at once before. Also, will having Firefox installed to the SSD kill it? Constantly writing files to it as I browse the interwebs?Gaffgarrion4 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 Looking to replace this old PC, help! So it's that time, I need a new computer dedicated for gaming, as my current one is 3 going on 4 years old, and is getting slower and slower. As far as performance, I want to play higher end games on decent settings, such as Rift, DC Universe Online, Champions Online, LOTRO, Skyrim, and maybe Just Cause 2. As far as price goes, I'd like to stay under $800 atleast, I would like that price to include the monitor. Whoever here is really good with this, I'd ask them to build it using Cyberpowerpc.com, and then just post a link to the build. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!Rashus7 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 5, 2013 Girlfriend wants a pc but I'm broke, help! Ok so I'm building my own pc and my girlfriend wants her own, we aren't good at sharing, I only have 250 bucks to drop into it and I barely have that.. She does play low graphically demanding games ( league of legends ) so far I found this for 250 which comes with a mouse and keyboard, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883265289 only have 250 so the price point is 250 or less, preferably right on 250 so it's a little bit more advanced then a calculator.. Am I getting the best bang for my buck or could I do better with my 250 dollars.. This is planned to be used on runescape, league of legends, and world of warcraft on low to med settings. ThanksParanoiã5 Nov 5, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Yes, this has been out for over a year or so, but I just got it and this game is amazing. Having played the previous versions nonstop back in the 90s, I must say this "remake" of the original eliminates a lot of the tedious parts while keeping the fun, edge of your seat, tactical combat fully intact. Anyone else enjoying this one as much as me?Ponk4 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 What MMORPGs other than WoW have you played? As title says, please tell me what other MMORPGs have you played? Do you think WoW is better than them? If so, how is WoW better than them? This thread is made purely out of curiosity. I myself haven't really played any other MMORPGs except Guild Wars 2 which I stopped playing 2 weeks after I started, because one MMORPG already cost me too much time.Dalaranian66 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Call of Duty:Ghost! Anyone ready for that game to come out I am?Kuteness3 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 My MMO for 2014/2015 http://lifeisfeudal.com/ I like the way it is shaping up. Only time will tell. :)Jixxy0 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Minecraft from the perspectiv of a wow player http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Ur7GLwKEY&feature=youtu.bePypo0 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Game I could play with my boyfriend Hey guys, So here's the deal. I really want to spend more time playing with video games with my boyfriend (we're in a long distance relationship) but he won't bend to play WoW, and I won't bend to play Minecraft. So I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for another video game we could play together online? He's more into space themed games (think Eve) and I'm into more medieval fantasy themed games, but I was hoping you'd have a suggestion that was so good it would overcome both of these obstacles.Vaida2 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Abert Wesker Vs Alex Mercer Who would win in a fight and why? (Army wise and one on one)Dàrkàn1 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Who loves Bejeweled? Started playing this again. It's awesome! I got it on my comp, my phone, and my xbox.Geodes6 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Apparently, Almost all of the characters in Assassins creed are real, I did some research on Wikipedia. Their ships were even real too, and their stories. The only thing is that they looked a whole lot different. Instead of Charles Vane being like some ragtag thug he actually looked fancy with long curly hair. Even the part when Rackham betrayed Vane is real. So, yeah.Sylinias1 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 4, 2013 Scariest video game locations What do you consider the scariest video game locals? Here are some of the scariest for me from the scariest to least scariest: 1:Nightfallen Jahai in the Realm of Torment(Guild Wars Nightfall):A place with sulphur pits, a river of souls and filled with ''demons'', tendrils of Abbadon's hair sprout from the floor(the size of each individual hair is itself terrifying) and the sky... Yes! A horrific sky! A dark purple sky covered in eldritch images with a Black Sun!!! 2:The Dread Wastes(WoW:Mists of Pandaria):dark ominous and filled with Sha corruption with all the sky being Sha corrupted not just the black Sha patches. 3:Domain of Pain in the Realm of Torment(Guild Wars Nightfall):A fleshy area covered in flesh surrounded by eldritch horrors(Torment Demons and Margonites) with a huge moon in the brownish sky and tendrils of Abbadon's hair sprout from the floor. 4:Domain of Fear in the Realm of Torment(Guild Wars Nightfall):An overcast area with a visible sun in a land filled with sprawling insectoid Torment Claws(the smallest attacking you) with some eternally sticking out the sides of a twisting bridge(making said bridge look like a centipede) and hidden in part of the Domain of Fear is a swamp with trees, Terrorweb Dryder cobwebs, bamboo and the spine of some unknown eldritch horror. Near this swamp is a mountainous desert with a Sarlacc ripoff. The entrance is bordered by stone clawed tentacles, the exit is on the decomposing remains of a dead spider god and tendrils of Abbadon's hair sprout from the floor 5:Depths of Madness in the Realm of Torment(Guild Wars Nightfall):Covered in blood stained ground it's sky has a red sun. What is either statues of screaming faces or the skulls of Abbadon's dead Demigod children lie here. Floating rocks and tendrils of Abbadon's hair sprout from the floor. 6:The Otherworlds(Silent Hill):Alessa's Otherworld is a blood stained modern town built of rusted iron filled with ugly misshapen human-like angels(of course only Valtiel might be an actual angel the rest may just be humans as percieved in the Otherworld) and dogs(which might be angels themselves). James Sunderland's Otherworld is a waterlogged town. Eddie's Otherworld is a green mist filled meat locker. 7:Vale of Eternal Sorrows(WoW:Mists of Pandaria):Beautiful yet scary one might say. It's sky is more corrupted that the Dread Wastes during the Seige of Orgrimmar Raid(outside it the sky isn't corrupted at all). It was once the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. 8:Zul'Drak(WoW:Wrath of the Lich King):It's southern half has orange Plague pools with orange Plague crystals all over it... It's terrifying! 9:Icecrown(WoW:Wrath of the Lich King):Mostly solid blue ice it is filled with undead and has ominous music. The buildings and bones make the place scarier than normal. Scourgeholme and it's Nerubian venom is terrifying to behold. I must also mention the horror of the Fleshwerks which is terrifying in of itself. 10:Domain of Secrets in the Realm of Torment(Guild Wars Nightfall):A mist filled place filled with demons and Nightmares... In the center is the huge Atrocity Library a building more terrifying than Icecrown Citadel on the outside(inside it fails to compare to Icecrown Citadel) and since there's not much else except the floating purple obelisks of texts and the strands of Abbadon's Hair coming out of the ground as well as the bottoms of previously mentioned obelisks of text.Yvenathilm29 Nov 4, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 My poor Naga... My Razor Naga has been in gradual failure over the past few years. First to go was the Wheel Click, that went on and off for a few weeks, then finally went silent. Next to go was the <- back button, at first it just lost the clicking sound but seemed to function fine, but gradually disintegrated so badly that the button sank into the mouse so far that it got stuck under the mouse1 button and has to be fished out (repeatedly) with a pair of tweezers into an uneasy resting position. Now My forward button is dying. RIP Naga. I don't think I'm going to buy another Razer Product. I've had 2 Mice over the last 10 years. One was a logitech 5 button mouse which lasted 7 years up until the day I replaced it, it probably still works. The other was my Naga, which has had multiple critical failures and lasted a mere 3 years (barely). These failures would have been acceptable if they were part of the thumb pad which is the entire reason I purchased the mouse... However having 3/5 basic mouse buttons fail in such a short period of time is unacceptable. I'm here to ask if anyone can recommend a multi-function mouse which isn't manufactured by Razer. Thanks.Capsule3 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 would a new cpu increase wow's performance Currently CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (overclocked) 3.26GHz GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB Ram RAM DDR3 8GB Right now maxed out in 10M raiding I get between 20-100 FPS (very uneven). Thinking of change to Intel i5 4670k 3.4GHzSamchi4 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 PS4 or XBOne? No console wars... Simply put which one you will be getting and reasons why. Personally, PS4... for the sheer fact of how they didn't screw the consumer like Microsoft did with 360, and how they are continuing with the XBOne with how it's heavily loaded with advertising, fees, and the potential to re-instate the 24 hours DRM and pay-walls.Ghrimjow43 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 Who here plays touhou? I'm a huge touhou fan, and as good as subterranian animism was, EOSD will always be my favorite. I'm not good at either of them, have to use continues all the time. You can use this thread to talk about anything touhou related. Also Flandre is the best character.Creatrix4 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 Laptop specs Okay well im not the best with computers so how do i find my specifications and whats minimum for WoW? i need to know by tonight! thanksFruìt16 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 Time to feed my addiction... Ok so I've accomplished enough in the last several months away from the world... Of warcraft. I plan to return however my laptop has pooped out in that time, and I'm tired of gaming on a laptop anyway, I need a desktop computer but I don't have a lot of spending cash, but I do have some. What would be the cheapest desktop option to run world of warcraft in Org at 60 FPS when it is packed full, or TB PvP when it is packed at 60 FPS. Thanks in advance.Paranoiã28 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 Low FPS Help! (Pc Info Inside) For some reason i have low FPS. Its not addons and i dont have any other processes running but WoW. Below is my PC Info! (Sorry for all info here tries to shorten it down) ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 11/1/2013, 23:14:40 Machine name: VICTORIA-PC Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.130913-2141) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Dell Inc. System Model: Dell System Inspiron N7110 BIOS: Default System BIOS Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM Available OS Memory: 3990MB RAM Page File: 1669MB used, 3280MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 1: No problems found. Input Tab: No problems found. -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct3D: 0/4 (retail) DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail) DirectInput: 0/5 (retail) DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail) DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail) DirectSound: 0/5 (retail) DirectShow: 0/6 (retail) --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Manufacturer: Intel Corporation Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family DAC type: Internal Device Type: Full Device Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0106&SUBSYS_04D81028&REV_09 Display Memory: 1664 MB Dedicated Memory: 32 MB Shared Memory: 1632 MB Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model: unknown Monitor Id: LGD02E1 Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.080Hz) Output Type: Internal Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumd32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32 Driver File Version: 9.17.0010.3223 (English) Driver Version: 9.17.10.3223 DDI Version: 10.1 Feature Levels: 10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1 Driver Model: WDDM 1.2 Graphics Preemption: DMA Compute Preemption: DMA Miracast: Not Supported Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Applicable Power P-states: Not Applicable Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 6/27/2013 08:07:44, 12615680 bytes WHQL Logo'd: Yes WHQL Date Stamp: Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-4246-11CF-0F7F-D224B7C2C435} Vendor ID: 0x8086 Device ID: 0x0106 SubSys ID: 0x04D81028 Revision ID: 0x0009 Driver Strong Name: oem24.inf:5f63e534c4a533dd:iSNBM0:9.17.10.3223:pci\ven_8086&dev_0106 Rank Of Driver: 00E02001 Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_C ModeVC1_C DXVA2 Modes: DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_VLD DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_IDCT DXVA2_ModeWMV9_IDCT DXVA2_ModeVC1_IDCT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT D3D9 Overlay: Supported DXVA-HD: Supported DDraw Status: Enabled D3D Status: Enabled AGP Status: Enabled ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) Default Sound Playback: Yes Default Voice Playback: Yes Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_102804D8&REV_1001 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 100 Type: WDM Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6976 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: Yes Date and Size: 7/23/2013 15:47:00, 3492568 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. HW Accel Level: Basic Cap Flags: 0xF1F Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000 Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description: Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio) Default Sound Capture: Yes Default Voice Capture: Yes Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6976 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail Date and Size: 7/23/2013 15:47:00, 3492568 bytes Cap Flags: 0x1 Format Flags: 0xFFFFF --------------------- Video Capture Devices Number of Devices: 1 --------------------- FriendlyName: Integrated Webcam Location: n/a SymbolicLink: \\?\usb#vid_1bcf&pid_2881&mi_00#7&2ca0a195&0&0000#{e5323777-f976-4f5b-9b55-b94699c46e44}\global Manufacturer: Microsoft HardwareID: USB\VID_1BCF&PID_2881&REV_1209&MI_00,USB\VID_1BCF&PID_2881&MI_00 DriverDesc: USB Video Device DriverProvider: Microsoft DriverVersion: 6.3.9600.16384 DriverDateEnglish: 6/21/2006 00:00:00 DriverDateLocalized: 6/21/2006 12:00:00 AM Service: usbvideo Class: Image DevNodeStatus: 180200A[DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] ContainerId: {00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF} ProblemCode: No Problem BusReportedDeviceDesc: Integrated Webcam Parent: USB\VID_1BCF&PID_2881\6&d327b9&0&4 DriverProblemDesc: n/a UpperFilters: n/a LowerFilters: n/a Stack: \Driver\ksthunk,\Driver\usbvideo,\Driver\usbccgp ContainerCategory: Imaging ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name: Mouse Attached: 1 Controller ID: n/a Vendor/Product ID: n/a FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Keyboard Attached: 1 Controller ID: n/a Vendor/Product ID: n/a FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Microsoft Hardware USB Mouse Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x07B2 FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Micr Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x07B2 FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Micr Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x07B2 FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Micr Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x07B2 FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Micr Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x07B2 FF Driver: n/a Poll w/ Interrupt: No --------------- EVR Power Information --------------- Current Setting: {5C67A112-A4C9-483F-B4A7-1D473BECAFDC} (Quality) Quality Flags: 2576 Enabled: Force throttling Allow half deinterlace Allow scaling Decode Power Usage: 100 Balanced Flags: 1424 Enabled: Force throttling Allow batching Force half deinterlace Force scaling Decode Power Usage: 50 PowerFlags: 1424 Enabled: Force throttling Allow batching Force half deinterlace Force scaling Decode Power Usage: 0Victøria2 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 Help with building a new machine .Hello ive built pcs over the years that just in matter of weeks wow is overtaken the darn deal. Id like to keep the expense close to 1k or close to that . But for once I would love to build a machine that can handle wow at ultra or close to that . Now I cant even do LFR due to 2 fps its a joke . Please any tips Over the years Ive always been a AMD and Radeon user but Im willing to consider options Anyone like to help me figure out a good but not something that will break my budget on this .Goldendots5 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 3g vs DSL for online gaming Which is faster? will I lag bad enough on one of them? I plan on getting a laptop to replace my old one. it just sounds so cool to play games online on a laptop on the go. though my laptops old and weak atm, but for future reference. 3g is what i'm hoping to be working fine, if not, glad 4g is almost everywhere now haha! *rambling ahead* Yeah, consoles/tablets of this nature are really nice such as PS vita, ipad and stuff are nice, but I personally don't mind more bulk if it rewards you with more power. systems at home explain pcs vs consoles very well. desktop PCs are of course, bulkier and harder to use for the pc impared, but provide mods, better graphics and more. *endrant* TLDR: will I lag ingame with 3g worse than DSL? glad 4g's an optionScøurge0 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 Taxing Virtual Assets Do you remember this debate & the fire storm it ignited? http://www.theonion.com/articles/taxing-virtual-assets,15126/ http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2007/07/south-korea-beg/ http://news.cnet.com/2100-1043_3-6140298.html Good times remembered.Bubblykiss4 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 Need help building a new pc please.. Hey All Was hoping someone could help me for my new pc. I got the ok from the misses to go ahead and get a new gaming machine for Christmas. My budget is $1400 max and I just need the tower. I play wow, and plan on testing games like Wildstar, Elder Scrolls, and Everquest next. So the tower needs to be able to handle those games as well. Building it myself is out of the question as I do not know how to do that. So I was wondering with those games in mind if someone could recommend the best type of build for my price that can give me a gaming pc to last the next 5 years. I got 7 years out of my current pc and that runs wow great but all the stuff in it is now outdated for the next few years of gaming. Any build help and sites to build this would go great for someone now great when it comes to this stuff. I do however want to stay away from Dell/Alienware so please keep that in mind. Thanks for any help in advance.Magicduv4 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 3, 2013 (BSOD) After certain time periods of gaming -Windows 7(64) Harddrive: - 128GB SANDISK SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD - Primary - 500GB SATA III 6GB/S 7200RPM 16MB CACHE HD - Secondary GPU: - SLI Nvidia 660 GTX (20% SC) CPU: - i7-3930 @ 3.20GHz Ram: - 16 GB DDR3 2133 MHZ Cooling: - VIGOR ISURF II HARDDRIVE COOLING - COOLERMASTER SEIDON 120M WATER COOLER Case: AZZA WHITE GENESIS 9000 FULL TOWER CASE Power: COOLERMASTER SILENT PRO HYBRID 1300 WATTS - Problem - - Has only started to occur after playing BF4( Any setting) recently and in the past while playing BF3( Max settings). After about 2 hours or so of playing my system simple crashes (BSOD) and requires a hard reset, I constantly monitor my temps with "MWMonitor" and my CPUs idle between (28-31 cel) and during gameplay they hover between (41-52 cel) Also my GPU temps are between (41-50 cel). These temperatures are far from the benchmarks for the cards and the max operating temp for CPU so i'm just curious as to why these recurring crashes are occuring. Any advice appreciated.Chipoltle0 Nov 3, 2013
Nov 2, 2013 Logitech G600 ````Canaridra0 Nov 2, 2013
Nov 2, 2013 Introducing the Cooler Master Glacer 240L Topic: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67930-the-cooler-master-glacier-240l-the-h220-successor/ Where to Buy: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103196 So what exactly is this? Since Swiftech lost a patent case against Asetek for their AIO design, they are not allowed to sell their H220 and H320 in United States. So they partnered up with Cooler Master who has the rights to the Asetek design and worked with them to produced a very similar product with slight updates to the design to actually succeed the H220. One of the MAIN things is, they are claiming 10,000 hours longer pump life than a Laing DDC or D5. If this holds true this is pretty ground breaking. My criticism is that the unit only comes with a 2 year warranty. So that 60,000 hour life spam is meh at best. But people are reporting anywhere from 5-10*C lower temps than an H100I. The pump is fully PWM and the fans used are OEM ones from the Hyper/Evo 212. All in all, it's a good unit so far. It's priced pretty well, offers a swiftech block and pump which means it's not complete garbage (although their H220 pumps have been very noisy tho). I think this offers the consumer a good option for people who want good AIO performance but don't have access to anything above an H100I due to patent laws.Stephí0 Nov 2, 2013
Nov 2, 2013 Help with my SSD Hello, today I saw my computer temp was getting pretty hot so I decided to investigate and found that my brand new SSD is running at 95degrees. How do I cool it down?Adzlaan12 Nov 2, 2013
Nov 2, 2013 Stable AMD Drivers? So I am looking to update my drivers for other games, yet last I tried with anything newer than Catalyst Version 13.1, WoW would become unresponsive. 13.1 is very stable for WoW..but I would like the updates from other drivers for other games, so I was curious if anyone knows if 13.9 or 13.11 Beta is stable for WoW? I am not looking for computer advice such as "Get an Nvidia lulz" or anything, just looking for some feedback on these particular drivers from someone with experience with them all/some. Thanks!Cryotech3 Nov 2, 2013
Nov 1, 2013 Anyone still enjoy Skyrim? Anyone still playing Skyrim? I recently picked it back up! Of course, it took a few days of figuring out mods before I could actually play. I gotta say, the things modders are doing nowadays are pretty crazy! Falskaar in particular has been really enjoyable. I also decided to give Frostfall(adds hypothermia to the game, requiring you to keep warm/dry. adds tents and cloaks and on hardcore lets you assign warmth values to different clothing.) and RND (alters diseases to make them more damaging and adds food/drink/sleep requirements!) a go. It's also really added to the game! Skyrim Redone is also really nice, though I've been considering giving Requiem a go since it basically returns Skyrim to hardcore RPG standards. Difficulty included! In addition, I must have downloaded 100+ magic and custom armor/weapon mods. I can't even decide on what to play at the moment! I've settled on a Bosmer but choosing what kind of character to play is crazy. Custom houses are also downloaded all over the place. The best part I've found, however, is the advances graphics mods have made.. The geniuses @ enbdev and the guys that make the custom profiles are nuts. Here's a few quick screenshots I threw together to give you an idea: http://imgur.com/a/rISo0 So, is anyone else still having fun with this? Anyone having fun with mods?Genesect22 Nov 1, 2013
Nov 1, 2013 WINRAR for Addons? Or are there options? I downloaded some addons but it appears that I am past my 40 day trial for WINRAR. Do you recommend paying $29 for this or are there other options? I assume that curse uses WinRAR because of some kind of kick back, but I could be wrong. does anyone have ideas? I can pay the $29 but to only use a program once in a while, 29 seems kind of steep.Lousipher23 Nov 1, 2013
Nov 1, 2013 Laptop for work and gaming So, it looks like I need a new laptop (desktop computer is no option!). I am using my computer for a good part of my work day and for gaming (mostly WoW but also other things, no high-end graphic ego shooter though) in my free time. I am not in a hurry but I have been looking around for a couple of days now. Currently I have an HP Elitebook but I was now more thinking of a gaming laptop, ideally I want to spend $1000-1300, a bit more if really necessary. The Asus G750 laptops look pretty good to me, more bang for the buck than Alienware and (from what I have read) better build quality than the MSI laptops. But I am also open for other suggestions! - How does the build quality and the longevity of gaming laptops compare in general to these mobile workstations? I can live with reducing the graphic settings in a game a bit but I hate it when a keyboard or touchpad feel cheap or when the laptop is already falling apart after a year. - How big is the difference between 2 and 3 GB graphic cards in a game like WoW? - Do you really feel the difference of having Windows and WoW on an SSD HD? Thanks so much! All helpful comments are highly appreciated!!Quimghig4 Nov 1, 2013
Nov 1, 2013 CX430 dell studio 540 Question I just got the Consair Builder Series psu for my Dell Studio 540 and it will not power on hope some one can help me with this.Here the link http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Builder-Series-Watt-CX430/dp/B0092ML1SC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383235220&sr=8-1&keywords=CX430 Well i got the cpu fan and motherboard 24 pin in but try to find out where the other cable go:)Thalanllan5 Nov 1, 2013
Nov 1, 2013 Battleground lag? Anyone know what's up with lag in BGs in WoW? I ask here because when I've asked in other forum sections the responses I get are "get off dial up" and the likes, which I don't think is particularly resourceful considering I have a very stable 50Mbps internet connection. I figure those of you in this section of the forums likely have a better idea of how the networking in WoW works I'm curious why BG lag is so terrible - I have 45-50ms latency to servers in LA and 55-60ms latency to those in Phoenix. About 75-80 to those in Chicago and 95-100 to the New York servers. In Battlegrounds quite often I notice immense lag, but not on everyone. In BGs like Isle of Conquest, there'll be like 3 seconds of lag 20% of the time (and it's not just me, pretty much everybody who's active in chat says they're getting that too). And then in the smaller Battlegrounds every so often there'll be a person (feral druid half the time, which is frustrating since they appear to teleport around) who when I CC them they continue to run for like 3 seconds before appearing to be affected by it, and I can be running right on top of them and it says I'm out of range (and I need to run like 10 yds AHEAD of them before I'm in range). Also very very commonly I'll be like 55-60 yds away from someone and still being hit by their ranged attacks, which would indicate nearly 2 seconds of lag, but I don't understand why I get the butt end of certain people lagging when my connection to the server itself is fine, and according to the server I am in fact in range.Snaxius1 Nov 1, 2013
Nov 1, 2013 Can you solve this Halloween maze? http://www.maniacworld.com/maze_game.htm I can only get about half way through- earphones did helpWerbs22 Nov 1, 2013
Nov 1, 2013 Can I upgrade my stock computer? Hello, I bought a stock computer about last year and I was wondering if their was anyway for me to upgrade it? Also if I can upgrade, what should I upgrade first? I have about $300 to spend. Here are my specs: AMD Quadcore A6-3620 Raedon HD 6530D 4Gigs of ram thanks so much for the help!Combos4 Nov 1, 2013
Nov 1, 2013 <17in second touch screen monitor Just wondering if you guys have any monitors your recommend. I want a second touch screen monitor that I can use as a mounted tablet, but have it using my desktop as a resource so I still have the power of my desktop, and so I can also multitask while gaming. If you guys know of any product that would fit the bill I'd definitely appreciate you putting me in its direction.Swagurmom0 Nov 1, 2013
Nov 1, 2013 Looking to build anew rig, advice needed! Im finally able to build a new rig! Hopefully I can do it in a budget of $500 (not including the video card). I need everything from the case to the psu. Im eyeballing this barebones system at Tigerdirect: www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8572925&CatId=333 and a EVGA 650 TI: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5247876&Sku=E145-0651 What do you guys think? IS this a good build thats going to keep me raiding and gaming without to much trouble? Settings dont have to be at ULtra to make me happy. I just want a steady framerate so that im not stuck in the fire lol.Drswitch3 Nov 1, 2013
Oct 31, 2013 Looking for a 4-Player gaming fix please! Hi everyone. I'm just popping in here to see if anyone can suggest a game that me and three other of my friends can play until our anticipated games come out [Destiny, Starbound, Monster Hunter Online, PSO2, Reaper of Souls D3, and of course the future wow expac] We all have PC's and PS3's and we'd prefer a game where we can private-lock rooms for friends only. Though the most preferable console for play would be PC. But PS3 suggestions are cool too. We love survival, hack and slash, rpg's, and shooters. There has to be co-op of some degree and preferably we don't want to be forced into PVP, unless it's sh*ts and giggles shooting each other GTA style. And we'd prefer it to not be an MMO for reasons. List of games we've already played/know about: GTA5 Borderlands 1 + 2 Monaco Guild Wars 2 / Rift / WOW Minecraft Terraria Edge of Space [No Multiplayer Yet] Saints Row 3 + 4 Fable 3 Wanderlust Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Diablo 3 Risk of Rain Left 4 Dead and L4D2 [oops forgot]Kasugami10 Oct 31, 2013
Oct 31, 2013 GTX 780 might be a game changer So I was looking at the windforce 3 they tested, that can OC EXTREMELY well, and can actually match a titan OC'ed. I might just go with an I7-4770k and water cool it and get a windforce GTX 780 and SLI in the future if needed. The windforce cooler is near silent reports show. Also linus's video @ 1440p (My next monitor) shows that even a single HD 7970 fails in newer games :(Chelsí19 Oct 31, 2013
Oct 31, 2013 Why I can't seem to get into another MMO. I think I've pretty much nailed why I can't stick around with any other MMORPGs these days. Raid finder and dungeon finder. In no other game can I experience end game PvE without having to kiss the butt of a guild that likely doesn't like my abrasive personality, or sit in a public channel LFG for hours on end. Nowhere. Now I know a bunch of people are going to chime in and complain about how it degrades server community, etc and whatnot.. but I personally like WoW's system. Including(and especially) the loot system for raid finder. Why? Because I don't have to worry about a bunch of tools trying to funnel gear into a friend or guildmate. I don't have to worry about the experience that a friend of mine has recently had in her raid guild, where she'd spend hours of the day asking if anyone wants to do heroics, only to get silence.. but then when one of the more popular folks asks, they're falling over their faces trying to get in the group. I'm not a bubbly, happy cheery personality social magnet. I'm not one of those people that just DEMANDS attention, and people just fall over sideways to hang out with me. I like doing things with other people, I don't mind it. I have no qualms about making friends either. I've done it quite a bit. What I *do* have an issue with is having to kiss everyone's butt and be a fake charming sweetie pie in order to reliably get groups, and deal with the drama of organized raids. That said... I can't get into games that don't have this. I hit level cap, know no one, can't get to know anyone, and I'm not joining a random guild of people I don't know(and potentially won't like) just to do things... as a result, I can't *do* anything. Here? Hit level cap, queue for dungeons. Get enough gear, queue for raids. No drama, no social pressure, nothing. Win win in my books. As I say this, I'm rather disgruntled with the whole CRZ thing, and it's making me want to try other games.. but I cannot find one that compares with WoW's endgame... especially since I detest any and all forms of PvP, which appears to be the end game of a lot of newer games. They're trying to reinvent Q3A I guess. /sigh /lamenting /pondering peace.Reshaari25 Oct 31, 2013
Oct 31, 2013 advice needed on upgrade, cpu or gpu So I'm planning on doing a solid upgrade, my ps3 took a dump on me and I don't want to buy another one so I'm going 100% computer gaming now. Currently my specs are Fx-4100 cpu Xfx hd 7770 1gb gpu 8gb 1333 ram Way more psu than needed haha about 1k So I'm looking at getting the i7 4820k plus motherboard obviously or spending about 300 on a newer graphics card, obviously both would probably improve performance a bit but which is more worth my money right now? I will in the pretty near future get whatever I don't get now but for the time being what's my best option, if I get a graphics card now ill up my ram too while I'm at it, I do a fair bit of video editing too hence why I'm looking at just redoing almost everything but I'm stuck at where to start, also what suggestions could you guys throw me for graphics cards like amd vs nvidia and which ones haha I'm little out of date on my models and what not. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)Nëx4 Oct 31, 2013
Oct 31, 2013 LGA 1366 Mobos? So back in 2009 I built my first system with a i7 920 with the 1366 sockets lately I think my motherboard might be going bad I had trouble with it before, its an Asus PT6. I tried looking for a new one but haven't had any luck except finding some really expensive ones ($400+) or some off brand name. I know that the 1366s were discontinued but they are still pretty good CPUs aren't they??? I'm I just s*** out of luck and have to upgrade my system? I was thinking of upgrading the card and ram but adding a new mobo and cpu might get a bit pricey. Anyway here are my specs don't think much can be salvaged, any tips on what would be good upgrades? Want something future proof for at least the next couple of years but nothing to crazy. Intel Core i7 920, Asus PT6, 6g OCZ DDR3 1600 ram, Radeon 4870 and 500 watt power supply (this might be a problem if I upgrade)Pogules6 Oct 31, 2013
Oct 31, 2013 How well can my laptop run battlefield 4 Hey everyone just wondering how well my laptop can handle battlefield 4 if at high settings not expecting ultra but maybe. OS: Windows 8.1 GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 765m 2GB GDDR5 CPU Intel Core i7 4700MQ 2.4ghz-3.2ghz RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHzAzmru2 Oct 31, 2013
Oct 31, 2013 Really low FPS Please Help! Here are my specs: CPU TYPE: AMD Phenom(tm) 9150e Quad-Core Processor CPU SPEED: 1.82 GHz SYSTEM MEMORY: 4.29 GB VIDEO CARD MODEL: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series VIDEO CARD MEMORY: 2.41 GB System type: OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2.6.0.6002 (Service Pack 2) 64-bit I am pretty sure my video card is out of date but, there has to be some way to get a higher frame rate than 5-24 fps while flying around panda land and around the shrine. Even when looking around at the scenery my frame rate drops to 2-3 fps. My current settings are at the recommended settings. Any suggestions or input that can help me with my issue?Maharot3 Oct 31, 2013
Oct 31, 2013 Hughesnet viable for WoW? Hello. I am a dedicated world PvPer, but from the situation I've found myself currently in I need to switch internet providers to Hughesnet. Internet consumption isn't a problem, but does satellite still have horrible latency issues? I've been unable to find any recent information on the topic. If Hughesnet isn't viable at all, is using a data card any more viable? Thank you in advance. - ZealesZeales5 Oct 31, 2013
Oct 30, 2013 Is there a game out there like this? Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post. I'm looking for a medieval type strategy game. The type of game where you build up an empire, conquer other empires and expand your own. I've played Civilization III for 11 years now, and though the type of game I'm looking for is just like the Civilization series, I'm looking for a game that purely focuses around the medieval era. And like the Civilization series, I'm looking for a game that you can continually save your progress. Does anyone know of a game like this? Thank you.Voltrite3 Oct 30, 2013