Games, Gaming and Hardware

Jul 20, 2013 Mod Creator Jumps Hoops for Bethesda/Skyrim He's been unemployed and living out of his father's house for free this past year. He's 19. He spent over 2,000 hours working on this mod for Skyrim in hopes of landing a job with Bethesda Softworks. "His labor of love -- a mod called "Falskaar" that adds over 20 hours of gameplay to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- features 9 new storylines, 17 sidequests, recorded dialogue from nearly 30 volunteer voice actors and an original soundtrack." - reporter Chris Morris If Bethesda doesn't hire this guy, surely somebody will. Even in this garbage economy, this kind of hard work has to be hard to say no to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gJiVKpLPYw ^By Alexander J. Velicky Edit: You can download the PC version of his mod here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37994/?Convallari1 Jul 20, 2013
Jul 20, 2013 Need some video card advice for Ultra@1440p Here is the thing. I got a great deal on a pair of gtx 590 3GB hydrocopper classifieds on ebay. I figured, my girl could use one and I'd use the other. We pretty much play Wow exclusively. I will have a 4670k shortly and she has a 3570k now, we'll each be at around 4.7-4.85ghz. Turns out her motherboard doesn't support SLI, only crossfire so now I've got an extra gtx590. Well I figured I'd grab myself a 1440p 120hz Overlord Tempest IPS monitor so my first question this. With a 4670k (would the 4770k be more benefit at all at this resolution?) and 2 gtx590s in quad SLI, would I be able to average 120fps at 120hz on a 1440p screen with ultra settings, 2x msaa? Are the drivers conducive currently to make something like that possible? I'm not talking about 120fps during 40 man bgs, but if i were out questing in a 5 man group or doing 2v2 perhaps, could I expect to see something along those lines? 2nd question: What would you recommend I go with for Ultra settings 2xmsaa 1440p @ 60hz for my girlfriend's setup? Been looking at single card solutions like a 7970 overclocked but I really don't know if it will be my best option. Any users out there with an overclocked 3570k at 1440p have any suggestions for an ideal video card solution? I don't wanna dish out the cash for a Titan or 780. But I could see doing crossfired 7950s if it got me a solid 60fps average. I really appreciate you guys lending a hand with all this. Please excuse my sloppy formatting, my brain is all jumbled from working all day and it's my first forum post... ever, I think?Karaokesteve5 Jul 20, 2013
Jul 20, 2013 Will a wii component cable make gcn better If I get a component cable for the wii will it make the GCN games look better than on the GCN? ALso do you have to get a wii component or can you get anyTigergrunt1 Jul 20, 2013
Jul 20, 2013 Day Of Defeat:Source anyone play day of defeat?Molots0 Jul 20, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Shoutout to this forum! I just want to give a thanks to this forum for helping me in my quest on building a good budget computer! I finished my budget build this morning with the GTX650 and now running a solid 80-100 fps in bgs with everything on high (besides shadows eww), from like 15fps with everything on low. The lowest I've seen my fps drop to was about 30 in Raid Finder on Tsulong. On that note I /salute you guys :)Savàge0 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Logitech G105 Keyboard I just recently purchased a Logitech G105 gaming keyboard with a new gaming pc. I have never used anything other than a standard keyboard and i am unsure how to set this up with wow, much less any good setups for a Paladin Tank. Anyone got any good advice for this keyboard?Mikewhö0 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 New Desktop Build So I want to build a new desktop. Don't want to spend alot. The only game I plan on playing is WOW but I would like to run it on max settings. I was looking at the AMD A10-6800K but don't think it will run at Ultra. Any suggestions?Gartry1 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Upgrade wasn't much of an upgrade at all :( So let me start by saying i've built a few computers and just recently one for my brother. However,my current pc is a retail POS. So,I went and ordered a Asus HD7750 to use with my stock PSU. I was currently using an old HD2400 or something that was like 256mb and ran pretty well at low settings. So when I popped the new card in,and updated the drivers and the software with it I fully expected to run at high settings just fine. I mean,going to 1gb of ddr5 plus pretty much everything else making it a better card should be a resonable upgrade. However my processor sucks. Or well,I don't think its horrible but im guessing it is. At medium settings im getting around 45-55 FPS and dipping down when I move around at the shrine. I would think my new card would do better so my question is,have I reached a bottle neck that quick? And just for the laughs my pc specs. HP Retail junk AMD Phenom Triple-Core processor at 2.1GHZ 4GB of DDR2 (can't remember specs) ASUS HD7750 1GB V2 model with 820Mhz OC Also note,I have overclocked the GPU already to 900Mhz. Final question,I need to start saving money to build a pc right? Last one I built was a basic i3 with a gtx 560 or 550 ti,can't remember. Runs on high very well.Executie7 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Gaming Music What music do you listen to when you play? I'm listening to the flight of the conchords at the moment.Trollslasher56 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1225 in gaming pc? My sister boyfriend want to sell me this chip for 75 dollars but would this even be good in a gaming PC? Here are the parts and stuff I am going to use so tell me if this processor would mess up my build slow it down or even be better? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1i1Z6Heyseusse5 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 AMD A Series APUs How viable are computers with these processors for WoW? The specs look okay, but was hoping someone here would have a hands on opinion for me. Thanks.Nueces3 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 500 dollar gaming computer budget I am looking to spend 500 dollars on this build. I am looking to make is computer to do the best performance output. I would like to max out the setting if it is possible, and keep in mind the 500 needs to include the operating system but I also plan on building it myself to save money thank. If I need I can go about 50 dollars or so over if it will increase the performance. Thanks.Heyseusse14 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Gpus between 200-300 dollar range So my cousin decided he needs a new a video card and now I am using this as an excuse to get rid of my gtx 660ti. so I am now looking for a replacement gpu. What I have in a mind gtx 760 radeon 7950 Leaning towards the gigabyte brand as well since my former 6850 was fairly quiet underload. I know the gtx 660ti has similar performance to both at stock (I plan on leaving it there) but he doesn't have the money.Aquarus8 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 the steam summer sale 2013 begins... and steam crashes from the endless legions chanting "shut up and take my money"Nexumus30 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 New Roguelike: Dungeonmans! Hi there! We all like crushing monsters and taking their loots, so I'd like to share with you my new project, Dungeonmans. You can play it right now, for free, and if you enjoy it you can help make it even better by supporting the Kickstarter behind it. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/56637190/dungeonmans-the-heroic-adventure-roguelike Dungeonmans is a lighthearted roguelike with a throwback soundtrack and persistent world features that soften the blow of permadeath. What makes Dungeonmans cool? - The Academy grows as characters retrieve artifacts that impart buffs to new graduates, propelling players onward after character deaths. - Free-form character development lets players choose their own abilities and unlock more (like the dread Necromanser masteries, Necronomics and Deadcrafting). - Combat is more active than in many roguelikes, demanding mobility and clever ability use. - An awesome throwback soundtrack by Andrew Aversa, aka zircon, who recently directed the popular FF6 remix project Balance and Ruin. - Serious gameplay in a humorous world that I hope makes players smile. You can submit feedback from right inside the game, and I encourage you to do so. If you enjoy fighting lots of bad guys and dying in dungeons, you should check the game out.Foomstress0 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 I need a better mouse. I'm cheap, most of the time I buy the $10 mouse from walmart, served my needs for a long time. I think it time to invest in a better mouse, but I don't want a Razor or 50 million button mouse, and I do not game all the time. Just something basic, maybe 4 or 5 buttons. Any recommendations.Ravenhawke8 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 In need of computer help I know this may not be the best forum to post this question in, but this is where my resources begin. I am looking for a computer that i can get for a budget of $2000 that will be able to run WoW on ultra setting with an fps as high as i can get as well as be able to be hooked up to a flat-screen tv. below i will provide tech specs of both an alienware from dell and a computer that I could build from totally custom parts. Please tell me which computer would be a better worth for my money and still provide me with the output I want. Alienware ($1972): PROCESSOR 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3820 processor (10M Cache, Overclocked up to 4.1 GHz) OPERATING SYSTEM Windows 8, 64-bit, English MEMORY 8GB (4 X 2GB) Quad Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz VIDEO CARD NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 1.5GB GDDR5 HARD DRIVE 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3Gb/s MONITOR Dell U2312HM 23-Inch UltraSharp™ Monitor SOUND CARD Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio OPTICAL DRIVE Single Drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability SECURITY SOFTWARE McAfee SecurityCenter, 36 Month Subscription KEYBOARD Alienware Multi-Media Keyboard MOUSE Alienware Optical Mouse, MG100 Custom made ($2478): Video Card: GTX 660 Ti x2 CPU: Intel Core i7-3960x extreme Memory: G. sall Ripjaws series 8 GB (2x 4 GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600(PC312800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-86BRL Motherboard: ASus Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 intel x79 SATA 6 Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX/inel motherboard PSU: Seasonic M1211 520 Bronze 520W ATX 12V x 2.3llSPS 12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 plus bronze certified modular active PFC power supply optical drive, coolmaster case, 1TB internal harddrive NO KEYBOARD OR MOUSE OR MONITORRudexyce2 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Need help with router purchase. Looking for a router that will have zero issues and perform well. I have 50down service. Connected will be: 1 wired xbox 360, 2 wired desktops, 1 wired tv, 3 wireless smartphones, 1 wireless desktop, and 1 wireless laptop... with occasionally having up to 2 extra laptops connected. Looking for something effective, I don't need something way out of necessity. In other words, I'm wanting to stay efficient with my purchase. Not wanting to spend more than I have to.Azreign4 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Moving Up to a Desktop Hey all. I've been playing WoW for the past couple of years on a ASUS Gaming Laptop. It performed great at first, however I am noticing a significant slow-down in it. Instead of upgrading all the stuff in it, I decided I want to buy Desktop. I know people say building your own Desktop is the way to go, as it saves money and is ultimately better, however I really do not have the time to put one of these together for as easy as it is. I want to buy something that is already made. No ifs, ands, or buts, building my own desktop is not an option. My current laptop is this: https://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G74SX/ Basically, I'm looking for suggestions on what to upgrade to Desktop wise. My budget is no more than $1000. I'm hoping I can get something that will last a good couple of years. Thanks and hope to hear from you! EDIT: Here are my choices! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PC-Gaming-Hardware/regularCat%3Apcmcat287600050002/pcmcat287600050002.c?id=pcmcat287600050002Elusive56 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Age of Empires 3 looking for someone to play with online, this game is my favorite strategy game, but i never can find any one to play with on multiplayer, if anyone plays this game and would like to play it with me, let me knowMolots12 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Nvidia(460vs560) or AMD? Well i have been searching for those videocards (460 and 560) and is hard for me to choose because i don't know much about graphics cards , my brother has de 460 and he said that there is almost no difference between those. I have a AMD FX Processors 6 cores and a friend of mine told me that it was better getting a ATI card, acording to him, i will get a better performance. So can you advise me to choose between Geforce Gtx 460 and 560 or if i should take a AMD and wich AMD.Flaxi1 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 GTX 650 Would a GTX 650 be compatible with my computer? I have an AMD FX-4100 - Cpu and an ASUS M5A78L-M LX Plus - Motherboard. With a 450W power supply.Ruthlèss7 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 video card info I know this is the wow forums but i haven't gotten a response on the SC2 forums. i have a ati radeon x300/x550/x1050 video card and i can run wow just fine save for some lagging in LFR but i still do o.k. want i want to know is will heart of the swarm run on that card at the lowest of settings.Deandies0 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 Low FPS in Raids/World bosses w/GOOD COMPUTER Hello, Im just currently getting a little bit frustrated at my fps drop during raids and world bosses. The fps while in 5 man dungeons and soling is perfectly fine at 60+ Specs: i5-3570k with corsair h100 Asus TOP gtx 680 8gb of G.skill ripjaw ram Running of a Samsung 830 128gb SSD with 20gb free space currently So i believe even on max settings my fps shouldnt be below 60. I'm pretty sure I have the most up to date drivers Also in task manager it takes up around 2,000,000K which im not too sure what it means and this is just sitting still in the vale So i dont know what is going on :(Bakafgar5 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 GeForce 690 replacement So, in the very near future, i want to be able to upgrade my lappy to a state of the art PC. at this stage it looks like i'll be getting a GeForce 690 graphics card, but with the release of the 7th gen cards, i'm wondering if i should wait for the release of a card that can outperform the 690. Has anyone heard any rumors of a new state of the art card to take the title of the best of the best away from the 690, or should i just buy my new PC now and hope it'll still be able to run games on ultra settings in three years time?Morager6 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 Streaming/Pc Specs question my desktop gets 65 mbps download 28 upload I have a dell optiplex 755 windows 7 64 bit 6 gigs of ram intel duo core E8500 3.17 ghz and a AMD Radeon HD 6570 I just upgraded my internet from 18 download and 1.6 upload i havent tried to stream yet but i feel like my pc needs a upgrade. any suggestions on what to do?Missrouse4 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 Dual Monitor Set-up I recently got a new cable to set-up a dual monitor layout. My first monitor is 1600x900 and my second one is almost as tall and not as wide... and old one not sure on resolution. Anyway I have my main one vga to vga and my second one hdmi to vga. Anyway I can not get my graphics card stuff to detect it. i also did windos+p and changed it to extended with no result, and also the graphics properties and detect and identify. My second screen is working because it has a dell thing flying around... indows won't detect. Also I have integrated graphics on this pc if that means anything but my new pc is coming in next week, but I want to get this figured out... thanks if you help.Unepic2 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 How do I become a game programmer? I hope this is put in the right place, here it goes. So I'm currently in school for computer science. I would like to be a programmer. More specifically I want to be a programmer for video games. Unfortunately I'm having trouble figuring out what I need to know. What I would like to know is; what programming software should I know? what is out there to play around with creating video games? I would like to start getting the experience that I need for after school. Any information would be greatly appreciated and amazing.Mikegibson15 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 Courgar Hydraulic-Bearing 120MM and 140MM rev Here is my review and video review of the CFD120 and CFD140 fans from Cougar. First of all they are pricey, about 20 dollars each. I got a 20% off coupon so I managed to snag 3 120's and a 140 for 60 bucks and some change. They offer a GREAT color scheme and design with a blue LED. To be honest, I would have been okay with the color without the LED as well, but it does look great!! The static pressure is rated at 1.74MM H20 and the noise is very low as stated. I am using 1 of them on my hyper 212 and it delivers the same performance as the fan at 2500 rpm but it's MUCH quieter at 1200+/-10% RPM. The design is very good offering rubberized edges and rubberized and standard screws for mounting. The sleeving on the cable is very basic, but very effective with blending and matching. The fan wires are already black, but a sleeved cable is still nice to see. The fan edges have slots that edge out away to help with more static pressure to make it slightly more optimized for radiators. The performance is as expected. It performs on par with the Hyper 212 stock fan at HALF the RPM and alot less noise. I will be testing these on a 360x120x60MM radiator when I do my custom loop. For now, I am very happy and here is my breakdown categories. Price: 6 Aesthetics: 9 Performance (airflow): 9 Performance (heatsink/rad): 8 Noise: 8 Overall score: 8/10 Video won't be live for about half an hour. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_rpVGL_ipI&feature=youtu.beStephí0 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 League of Legends to become an Olympic Sport? How do you guys think this will work? and will it be in for the long run or will it be axed? It appears that the United States' recent move to allow League of Legends players to be considered as pro athletes has spurred the International Olympic Committee to also include League of Legends as an official Olympic sport.Riot Games, the developers behind League of Legends, has been working extremely hard to get the game taken more seriously. After revealing they have been talking with the United States government, Riot Games eSports manager Nick Allen also revealed they have been talking with the International Olympic Committee to help get League of Legends in as an Olympic sport. "It's just good news after more good news for League of Legends," said Allen in the GameSpot interview, "With the United States taking League of Legends more seriously, we finally managed to convince the International Olympic Committee to make League of Legends an official Olympic sport. My reasoning was that if rhythmic gymnastics is an Olympic sport, then League of Legends can surely be one too." "I mean, League of Legends requires skills that can apply to many different Olympic sports," continued Allen, "In fact, that was the crux of my argument to include League of Legends. You might not believe this, but keeping yourself physically strong is very important in pro League of Legends play. Furthermore, teamwork is also tantamount to success which can be seen in Olympic sports like canoeing and synchronized swimming. I could go on and on, but League of Legends requires just as much dedication as those other Olympic sports." We spoke with the Jacques Rogge, current president of the International Olympics Committee, as to why they allowed this eSport to make it into the Olympics. "We needed a way to make the Olympics more accessible for young people," said Rogge via his translator, "The sad part is, youth these days do not have the interest or capability to take up other Olympic sports. By introducing the League of Legends as a sport, we hope to rejuvenate the Olympics and maybe get some more youth interested in other Olympic sports like weightlifting or handball." Many players are excited for League of Legends' debut in the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. We spoke with a few professional players on their thoughts. "I hope I get to go and kick some !@#," said BalIs of team Cloud 9 HyperX, "I think all those other athletes will be a bit jealous of me and my LoL skills. Honestly, some of these other sports are a little bit weak. Table tennis, really? Thank God people are taking us LoL players more seriously. If I do go, they better get my name right." "Rio de Janeiro does not sound very fun," lamented NeeGodbro of team Ninjas in Pyjamas, "I hope my fans still come out there to support me if I do get in. And if I do, it will probably be the first time I ever see the Olympics although I'll most likely be too busy training to watch. I have to go for the gold, you know? There better be air conditioning over there." The International Olympic Committee is also considering introducing StarCraft II and Counter-Strike to the Summer Olympics in 2020. Calls for Super Smash Bros. Melee have summarily been dismissed.Lesphinxeh11 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 Does blizzard only make their own game? What if someone approached them and asked them "Do you want to make a Pacific Rim game?"... would they say no because it's not an IP that they came up with? I would love to see the people behind StarCraft II terran music give life to 250 robot with similar music.Xynerial2 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 Bid for Greatness: Time for something similar Okay, so, currently Sony is doing something pretty cool for it's fanbase. They are putting objects from the commercial debuted at E3 this years up for auction, except instead of spending money, you're bidding with the gold trophies you have earned. This is awesome. They don't actually take the trophies away, but it comes down to using your gameplay to pay for sweet stuff. BLIZZ! Take note! This is -awesome-! What better way to reward people playing than to use achievement points as currency for actual stuff?!Silveros0 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 Computer Help!! Hey guys, so lately I've been having huge problems with fps, done everything from new installs of windows and wow, with no luck I still see down to 4 fps in raids on the lowest of the low settings so I'm thinking I need abit of an upgrade. this is what I have atm Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC. System Model: V-P7H55E BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/16/10 16:28:36 Ver: 08.00.15 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz Memory: 12288MB RAM Available OS Memory: 12248MB RAM Page File: 2293MB used, 22198MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled PSU: 115v/230v Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce GT 430 DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DE1&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1 Display Memory: 4047 MB Dedicated Memory: 1999 MB Shared Memory: 2047 MB Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz) Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model: SyncMaster Monitor Id: SAM04DE Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (59.934Hz) Output Type: DVI Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.2049 (English) Driver Version: 9.18.13.2049 DDI Version: 11 Driver Model: WDDM 1.1 Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 6/21/2013 22:06:36, 15144928 bytes As you guys can probably tell I'm not very computer savy :( so any help would be greatly appreciated, I have roughly $1200 to spend on upgrades but not sure as to which is the best way to go about it.Buñdy21 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 Is this computer good for wow? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Asus-CM1745-US007S-Desktop-PC-with-AMD-A8-5500-Processor-8GB-DDR3-Memory-and-1TB-Hard-Drive-Featuring-Windows-8-64-Bit-Operating-System/23744908 It seems like a great computer for the price. I want to be able to run on medium or above.Madalyn5 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 Streaming some league! http://www.twitch.tv/kennek4 If you are looking to watch a cancer patient play some league look no further! Playing Solo que and duo ranked matches! Come check me out!Appara5 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 Buying new gpu I'm running an i3-3220 with 8gbs of 1600 mhz ram. I'm in the market for a gpu that can run wow pretty good at around the price range of 150-200... while i know my cpu is not amazing i will be upgrading it in the near future to an i5-3570k. So only focus on the graphics card! - thanks! ;)Zayzo1 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 Recent upgrade not as good as expected Hi all, I recently bought a small upgrade for my PC in hopes of playing at higher settings with relatively high fps, but Very High / Ultra presets get me around 40fps in open areas, while LFR and world bosses bog down to 10-20fps at times. This is my current build, and the upgrades were the SSD, GPU and RAM. AMD Phenom X4 965 (not OC'd) Gigabyte GA790FXTA-UD5 12GB 1600 RAM (I bought 8 not realising my previous 4 were the same brand/speed) ~150GB SSD (Samsung) - WoW is on another drive Radeon HD7950 HAF 932 case Seasonic X-750 PSU Some items to consider: I run a 24" and 19" monitor setup, with gaming on the 24", so WoW is set to 1920x1080 and I normally play in Windowed mode as I like to browse the net / multitask in general. I'll have to test when I get home but even playing on Fair settings, world bosses are painful. A 40 man raid on Oondasta yesterday forced me to restart wow as it froze up.Kaldricio2 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 Civ V Steam Sale $7.49 Civilization V: $7.49 Civilization V Gold: $12:49 Steam sale, Don't miss it. 6hours 8minutes left. 7:51pm pacific time right nowXerxezs0 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 EVOLUTION 2013 anyone else watched/watching? mahvel hype KOF hype smash bros almost cancelled by nintendo sf4AE clutch comebacks and shutdowns. http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1Bowlingbash2 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 Games are becoming all about money. Hey guys, I recently read an article about Battlefield 3, and if you pre-order it you get exclusive guns no one else gets. This is trash! This is all games are becoming these days and I think us as gamers need to stand up instead of accepting this trash and do something. Look at WoW, started at good and all with Blizzard saying they don't believe in selling in game items and boosts for real money. Now look at it, they have mounts and pets! This isn't about Blizzard though as they are not as bad yet... Look at CoD MW3 coming out later this year. If you watched the gameplay from E3 you will see it looks the SAME as MW2. Why don't people just realize that these developers are milking us for our money. They are just tweaking stuff and hiding behind their "new" game which we continue to purchase. It's not new! Take the troll instances we got for 4.1, was it new? No we have done it before. Game developers do not care about us anymore. All they do is think of ways they can improve their game to get more money. Look at Crysis 2, console port, but why do you think it was a console port? Well, it's obviously to make more money. WHY DO THEY DO THIS TO US!? Pre-orders should not get you stuff in game that will give you an edge. Money in real life SHOULD NOT come into effect in the game. Every CoD game is the SAME thing over and over and over, don't you see that! Take the new Duke Nukem game, Duke Nukem was a great game back in my childhood growing up. Now look at it, it lost all its character and shine. I think we as gamers need to do something about this before it gets out of hand. It is stupid and crazy. Oh yeah I just paid 60 bucks for a game but now I'm going to have to pay 20 more for a new gun so I can try it out. Every item in a game should be aquirable by PLAYING the game, not whipping out your credit card. No this post is not aimed at Blizzard, it's not aimed at anyone but gamers. Diablo 3, Blizzard said they were going to make PvP a big focus when it was first announced. Now they recently said that they are basically making it where you can buy armor and such with REAL money and that they are not focusing on PvP anymore. I could go on ALL day with examples of this, all I am saying is we should not sit here and take this anymore. We should stand up and tell them how we feel. We are the people playing the game, not them. Again, I am sorry if this offends anybody as it was not aimed too. Just telling my opinion here.Apokalyptik31 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 16, 2013 Do you prefer gaming with or w/o a headset? I'm curious; when gaming by yourself, do you prefer to use your speakers or a headset for game audio? For me, it depends on the genre. Anything with a hint of horror in it I'll take a headset, blast the sound to absurdly high levels, and enjoy a good scare. How about you guys?Demis7 Jul 16, 2013
Jul 16, 2013 Low FPS cant find problem Hey guys, about 9 months ago I got a new computer. Here are some of the specs. Graphics Card Nvidia GTX 570 Processor AMD Quad Core 4100 8gb Asus Motherboard I have 2 HDD's and a 60gb SSD 500 watt PSU Liquid cooling system and 2 case fans. My internet is consistant around 40 down and 5 up. When I first got the computer I was able to run 25m raids on high - ultra at about 60~fps Now it has gotten to the point where in 25m ToT I am running sub 30, sometimes down to 14 fps on Fair Settings. I have tried all kinds of analysis programs for my computer and I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. I have tried running wow on both HDD's and I can't seem to find a solution. Does anyone know what I can do to help my fps? When I try to lower the resolution in wow it makes my interface all blurry. I'm not even sure that would help. I play on the highest resolution currently.Naxe1 Jul 16, 2013
Jul 16, 2013 Cant change resolution/display Hi everyone I just recently updated my GPU drivers for my gtx 770 (I doubt this is what's causing the problem) and started playing a few games. Upon starting up SWTOR my monitor went black and it said invalid display. I restarted and nothing helped I tried my other monitor as well and same thing. I can get into BIOs but there does not seem to be any options to change displays after BIOs the "Starting Windows" comes up with the logo then it goes blue with "Invalid format" popping around the screen. Also one monitor i use if fairly old so there are not menu buttons to adjust display (or they just don't work) and my other monitor device is my 35 inch tv. Seems like it won't let me change the display at all what should I do?Eárthwalker1 Jul 16, 2013
Jul 16, 2013 CPU and cores Hi first some disclosure I don't know much about CPU's i only began building until about a year ago. I saw a video of some guy going into his msconfig and choosing a boot up mode that used all of his processors instead of just one, so that's where this question is coming from. I currently use an i5-3750k and typically play more CPU intensive games like MMO's. I just want to make sure i'm using my hardware to the full potential. After looking around i found some information that suggested sometimes not all of your CPU cores are being used and you need to activate them manually? Is there anything to this? Besides overclocking what can i do to optimize my CPU performance?Eárthwalker3 Jul 16, 2013
Jul 16, 2013 Best Gaming CPU For The Money Hello, I'm in need of a new CPU for my gaming system, im looking for something cheap around the $200 mark. Basically just want to be able to run WoW or Call Of Duty on the highest settings, I have no experience in computers and would like some advice from someone with knowledge. Any help would be greatly appreciated - PunkPunk2 Jul 16, 2013
Jul 16, 2013 16GB of ram MIGHT be useful after all http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-ram-endurance,3475.html#xtor=RSS-998 So the results are kinda meh. You can change system files to cache more memory by default and much of these findings can be replicated by messing with ram allocation. But it seems, especially with Windows 8 already having good caching firmware built INTO the OS, 16GB of ram can actually have it's benefits. As a gamer and a heavy tasker I can use 6GB of ram at any given time between skype, chrome, vent, razor comms, league, wow, and a few other programs open. In these scenarios many other programs are loaded into about 4GB of available cache rather then keeping their files on the SSD. So when I open chrome I am loading it from ram. How this helps is standard consumer grade SSD's have 10,000 write cycles per block on the SSD. SSD's constantly erase and rewrite data across the SSD kinda like constant defragging per se, to evenly use up the write cycles across the SSD. Having more ram means you can hold more information in cache and not have to erase and rewrite on the SSD as frequently. The article goes into how some programs perform better with more available ram, but my take on it, is without changing anything in windows, 16GB of ram in windows 8 have some benefits that I can enjoy passively w/o changing a thing. As would your average consumer/gamer would as well.Stephí4 Jul 16, 2013
Jul 16, 2013 Need help finishing Build Hey, I am finishing up a list of parts to buy to build a pc, but I always enjoyed getting a second approval for reassurance. Parts: CPU: Haswell i7-4770k Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vi Formula (Not available Yet) Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro 4x4gb 1866 SSD: 840 Pro Samsung 256gb HDD: Cavier Black 1TB Western Digital Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Fans: SP/AF Series Fans (4-6 fans, with 2 200mm fans running). Unsure Parts: Power Supply, I currently have a 650 PS, perhaps going to upgrade it to 850 HX Corsair if needed (This is a part I need help with, with the components I am running with plus a 560 ti, would the 650 be enough or should I just upgrade). Secondly I am unsure about the Water Cooler I want to get, I am currently trying to decide between the Corsair H110 & the NZXT X60. First I would like to know opinions on which is better if possible, as well as getting someone to clarify if the two above cooling Rads will fit into the case above (Top sitting Rad). Lastly I have never bought any optical drives before, any input on these would be awesome. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for any input and/or advice in advance.Reign2 Jul 16, 2013
Jul 16, 2013 Steam sales are so tempting Someone tell me that buying Half-Life for 5 bucks is a great ideaMarmalade2 Jul 16, 2013
Jul 16, 2013 Far Cry 3 or Tomb Raider? Since they are both on sale on steam which one would you consider getting and why?Sinthunder3 Jul 16, 2013
Jul 16, 2013 Good laptop for WoW? My computer is failing me with videos and gaming and need a new computer. How's this look for a deal? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215663Sevrac2 Jul 16, 2013