Games, Gaming and Hardware

Sep 22, 2013 Questions on a build I have put this together as a build i think i would like. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1GkyD Was wondering if anyone thinks I can squeeze a little more money out of it....I want to stay within the $400-450 range. Im using it to play mostly WoW and Rift.Shyfthappens3 Sep 22, 2013
Sep 22, 2013 First time building a computer As the title says, I'm about to build a computer for the first time! I'm building it from scratch except for a graphics card my friend gave me (MSI R6990) - http://www.cnet.com/graphics-cards/msi-r6990-4pd4gd5-graphics/4505-8902_7-34640768.html With that card in mind, and me wanting to use a full size tower, What components would you guys/gals suggest I go for? This computer is mainly for gaming (if not exclusively) and I have a budget of just under $1000! Hope to hear some ideas soon! Thanks :)Insaiyan4 Sep 22, 2013
Sep 22, 2013 Good enough machine to run WoW? Hi guys, I can't really find a definitive answer anywhere for my particular setup, but is this computer sufficient to play WoW smoothly? Intel Pentium D (2 cores @ 3.0GHz each) 4 gigs of ram nVidia Geforce GTS 450 Windows 7 64 bit and around a terabyte of usable space really what im asking here is, is the processor so much of a bottleneck that it couldnt handle battlegrounds?? thanks in advance guysAnthrx1 Sep 22, 2013
Sep 22, 2013 Shantae: Half Genie Hero! Hey everyone! WayForward is running a kickstarter to raise funds for a new Shantae game! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero I think this game is gonna be awesome...but in order for this game to become a reality it needs some more attention! If you can back this project that's cool if you can't that's cool too, but it would really help the creators if you can help to spread the word on this kickstarter. So tell your friends, tell your dog, tell your cat, tell everyone please!Risto0 Sep 22, 2013
Sep 22, 2013 Looking to get new video card. Any advice? Hey, so I feel that its time to invest in a new video card. I not very savvy with computer hardware, so Im not sure what I should get and whether or not it will be compatible with my pc. Heres my current setup: -Asus motherboard (not sure which model) about 3 years old. - RAM: 2x Kingston Hyper Blu DDR3 8g. (16g total) - Seagate Barracuda 1tb HD - Thermaltake TR2- 500W power supply - EVGA GeForce GTX-460 video card - AMD Phenom 2 x4 955 Processor 4 core - Running Windows 7 Home Now Im thinking of a GTX 650 or better, but I only want to spend about $200 or so. I basically just need something to run WoW, GTA, Black Ops 2, ect. Nothing too demanding. I just feel like its starting to go out. Its been dropping in framerate significantly. Its not my internet speed. Im at 29mbs dl speed, 6-7mbs upload with extremely low latency (usually 15-25ms home and world in game [wow]). Any suggestions would be appreciated. I also need to now if I need to get anything else if i choose to upgrade, like a higher power supply or whatever. Thanks guys!Koralo2 Sep 22, 2013
Sep 22, 2013 GTA 5 AMAZING !!!!!! epicGuwopp16 Sep 22, 2013
Sep 22, 2013 Looking for a reliable desktop mic Does anyone have a reliable, cheap, flexible neck usb microphone they use? I don't like headsets, and the firm necked logitech ones break too easily. Looking for something in the $20-$40 dollar range.Pondicherry2 Sep 22, 2013
Sep 21, 2013 newer graphics card or no? Not looking at running anything real high end, just do casual raiding and pvp. I run on wow's setup for good grpahics right now with 50fps in major cities and lower level pvp 60-80 and around 25-35 in SoO flex sometime down to 10 in hectic spots. Other non populated areas i can get 60+. My system specs are below. AMD Athlon 2 x4 645 4GB DRR3 RAM Seagate 500GB HDD Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 500w psu don't know the brand off hand Is it worth putting a new gpu in or just waiting till i build a new system? I mainly just play wow, some D3, and stronghold and some older sims. the game runs ok, i'd just love to have better graphics and maybe some better fps.Dòòm18 Sep 21, 2013
Sep 21, 2013 This PC Worth It? I am currently running on 4G ram, windows vista,512mb Nvideo video card. I mostly wanna play wow, on the highest graphics possible,diablo 3 and maybe star wars. Here is what I wanna buy: CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 [CrossFireX] MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate Intel Z87 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Military Class 4, OC Genie II, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, HDMI, 2 Gen3 PCIe x16, 2x PCI-e & 2 PC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card 430 Watts - Corsair CX430 430W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD ( : LG 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive & DVDRW, 3D Playback Combo Drive It costs $807 from cyberpower pc I have bought from them before and was really pleased. Is this PC worth it and will I be able to run WoW at higher graphics. All graphics are currently set to low. Any help is appreciated.Earlhickey7 Sep 21, 2013
Sep 21, 2013 A New Pc Build I am looking to buy a 600-700 dollar pc for Wow. I want to run wow at high settings with 40 fps on Darkspear in the middle of stormwind on the midde of the day would this do good? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1F0Y7Pyronova7 Sep 21, 2013
Sep 21, 2013 Creator of NES died yesterday. http://www.techhive.com/article/2049031/nintendos-hiroshi-yamauchi-father-of-console-gaming-dead-at-85.html Such a sad thing to see someone who was so influential to gamers die.Donurus4 Sep 21, 2013
Sep 21, 2013 Upgrading from i5-2500 This past month, I've upgraded many of the components in my desktop rig. Some where major upgrades, others not so much. The components I've upgraded so far include: MSI 7970 OC Twin Frozr III GPU Corsair 750M PSU Corsair 300R Case Samsung 840 Evo 128GB SSDWhat is left is my motherboard (pretty crappy), my CPU (i5-2500) and my memory (8GB DDR3 - which I will upgrade with my MB/CPU). I can't seem to decide what I should upgrade to. MicroCenter has MB/CPU bundles and I'm stuck between the i7-4770k or the i5-4670k. Many of my friends (and benchmarks) have said to avoid the FX 8350 so I guess that is out. I am open to what everyone thinks and their reasons for it, even on the FX 8350, if you think it's worth upgrading to. Thanks! :) PS. Or maybe I should wait altogether for the next-gen O.oKarleya13 Sep 21, 2013
Sep 20, 2013 Unlimited Clan: Embrace Multiplayer Hello, gamer! Ever wanted to be part of something bigger? Well, now you can, with Unlimited Clan. (We now have a new 'introductions' form located near the bottom of this post which you can skip to if you don't want to read the important stuff.) (we also have a new factions survival server! Head down to that section and read all about it.) Unlimited. Nine letters, four syllables, one word. "Adjective: Not limited or restricted" - Dictionary definition. A word that means so much: limitless possibilities, no boundaries, an endless horizon. The most powerful, free word in the English dictionary - and you own it. Yes, you! The newbie, the experienced, the veteran! Get off single player, and get online! There's no better way to experience unlimited than through the internet - where Skype is used 2 billion minutes a day and 72% of gamers play! We are in 2013, baby, and the world is connected in so many ways that we can't even count them all. So get online and on multiplayer, where all the action is! Shoot and build your way to victory, for you are the gamer of today, and you define this era of gaming. Make it the era of multiplayer. Online gaming is getting the world socializing. Online gaming is making couples, changing opinions, forging friendships and creating brotherhoods! Online gaming is a gift from the technology gods and goddesses, and it should be treasured. Every moment is precious, every game is exciting and every gamer is special; that's why you need to harness the power of multiplayer, and make every single nanosecond count. Don't play with any old stranger - join a clan. Become part of a community and share experiences that last, as those experiences keep us smiling all year round. Forge new friendships and relationships that will stand the tests of time, and make your mark on the gaming world by sharing your legacy online with people who can share their legacies with you. For you are the newbie, the dedicated, the veteran; and you deserve to be part of an unlimited world, with unlimited possibilities, and unlimited enjoyment. Unlimited Clan: Embrace Multiplayer. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "We're not restricted to one game or two games; we play all types of games" At Unlimited Clan, we understand that everyone has different interests and favorite games. That's why we're not restricted to one game or two games; we play all types of games! We specialize in Minecraft, more specifically, Minecraft Roleplay. That means we love getting on RP servers and developing our many characters and our own personalities, as well as making new friends in the process. However, we also have a large part of the community that plays the popular online PVP game: League of Legends. We have loads of veteran players who love playing with new people, and who understand the community of LoL can be harsh on new players sometimes. That's why at UC, we involve everyone in custom matches, and help them get on their feet and fighting like a pro in no time. We're also friendly with other veterans, so come along and join in the action. If you're a fan of one of the world's most popular MMORPG: World of Warcraft, then we even have a guild for you to join, owned by our very own Kuloko (the poster of this thread), who frequently play casual dungeons, scenarios and battle it out in PvP. We play loads of other games too, you name it - we'll most likely play it, so you can be sure that there is room for everyone at Unlimited Clan. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "The ultimate gaming community for everyone" Unlimited Clan is a diverse community that anyone can join, whether you're a new gamer or a veteran. We have a huge online presence, and over 60 active members to play with and socialize with. We always have great laughs and enjoy sessions of serious hardcore gaming, on a plethora of games and platforms. Feeling lonely, or maybe you're addicted to single player gaming? Unlimited Clan has a cure for that. Hop onto our Ventrilo VOIP server and chat to others about your gaming experiences, and challenge them to an online match or fight together to save the world. Are you bored of playing with strangers on multiplayer? Unlimited Clan can cure that too, and in no time you'll be battling it out in tense matches of Civilization or blowing up a nexus in League of Legends with people you can share the experience with, again and again. Multiplayer gaming has never been so good. Build up your gaming reputation on our official website, powered by vBulletin. Customize your online profile and make it your space to post pictures of epic moments and funny memories, as well as post status updates and check your private messages. Our website also features a full-sized forum, packed with posts about everything from the head admin's kittens to WoW raiding tactics, that you can be a part of as soon as you create an account. We also have a system that compiles your gaming and profile data into a single image to put in your signature (on our website and any other forum you want to). It updates in realtime, and let's the world know what type of gamer you are - and even lets people get in touch with you to organize gaming sessions or to discuss tactics. We also have a fully operational achievement system. Did you do something spectacular on LoL today? Well you could earn one of these achievements, an Accolade, which is displayed in your signature banner so everyone knows you earned it. Gaming has never been so personal, yet so social at the same time. Unlimited Clan is also closely moderated by an active staff team who make sure you're safe, secure and always having fun. If you ever have a question or a complaint about us or another member, you'll always be able to contact one of us with the security of knowing that whatever it is - it'll get sorted fast. We operate a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to discrimination and hate crime, and we'll always make sure that whenever you log on at UC, you'll have the time of your life, every time. The current staff team is: Head Admin: LartTyler Social Networking Admin: Stuart (stuarto991) Admin: Falzarr Admin: MrFunEGUY Admin: Fatesguard -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "It's easier than ever to get the latest news about UC." It's never been easier to interact and keep in touch with your gaming clan. You can check all the latest news on the go, straight from your phone or tablet, and of course while you're gaming. Maybe you were sending a tweet and you figured you'd stop by the UC profile to see what was going on. Well it's easier than ever to get the latest news, information and community gossip all over the web. All you need to do is follow, like or add us to your circle. Maybe all three! You can check what's going on in Unlimited Clan at our official pages and profiles at the following social networks, as well as our official website and our Steam group - now open to the public: Official Website: http://unlimitedclan.net Facebook: https://www.facebook...mitedClanGaming Twitter: @UC_Gaming / http://twitter.com/UC_Gaming Google+: http://goo.gl/QK2e4C Steam: http://steamcommunit...mitedclangaming We also have an official YouTube channel, almost ready to launch. We call it UnlimitedClanTV, and it will be the place to see the most amazing gaming experiences you and other players have had with Unlimited Clan. Subscribe, like and enjoy the show. UnlimitedClanTV is to be launched later this fall, with great videos from our community and staff. It's not to be missed. You can subscribe early to make sure you get the very first videos as soon as they're posted, just click the link below and click subscribe. YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ucgctv ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Frequently Asked Questions: What has UC done in the past? Unlimited Clan has played a crucial role in many past Minecraft RP servers, including highly successful Middle-Earth Role Play (MERP), based on the popular Lord of The Rings series by J R Tolkien. We also created another LOTR-based RP server called The Hobbit: Role Play (THRP) two years later. But don't worry - we don't stick to LOTR all the time. We have created our own lore for two of our servers, the very popular Road to Ages (RTA) and When Darkness Falls (WDF), two great servers with amazing maps. How do I join Unlimited Clan? It's super easy. Just go to http://unlimitedclan.net and click 'Register' at the top-right of the webpage. Just enter in the usual stuff (username, password) and answer the security question to confirm you're a human. That's it! You're now a member of Unlimited Clan. No payments or fraternity initiation tests, just a straightforward signup. Your first 10 posts on the forums will be moderated by a staff member to ensure you're not a spammer, then you're free to run into UC at full force! Who can join Unlimited Clan? Anyone from any country. All we ask is that you speak English and you're a human. Sorry, Daxter. I'm an artist/programmer/builder! Can I help out with projects? We're always posting applications for people to showcase their skills to get into the various teams we assemble to construct our server and help out with the forums, so make sure you look out for those! You can even start a new thread and showcase your stuff there. Just no advertising anything that isn't yours or is another clan. Do you have any enemies? No. We welcome all friendships and we don't have any hatreds against other clans or groups. I'm interested in business with Unlimited Clan. What do I do? Create an account on the forums so we have your contact details, and contact one of the staff members through our private messaging system on our website. What is Ventrilo and where can I get it? Ventrilo is an online voice chatting program that allows users to talk, listen, chat and have fun with other people through our private server. Ventrilo is a very lightweight program and is very easy to install. Once installed you just create a new user, add a new server, pop in our IP address and port and bang, you're in the Unlimited Clan Ventrilo Server, where you're free to chat, listen, talk and have fun with the other members of Unlimited Clan. Also note that Ventrilo is not required by any means, it's just another way for players to form connections, have fun and organize themselves when playing a game of their choosing. Link to the Ventrilo download: http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We want to see you and get to know you on the forums as well! If everyone could fill out this small form so that we may get to know everyone a bit more that would be excellent. Your username?: Your Age?: What kind of Games do you play?: How did you find out about us?: Are you interested in having fun and playing multiplayer the way it was meant to be played?: Have you or do you intend to sign up on our website?: Is there anything else you would like to share with us?: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- As I hope you can see, Unlimited Clan is the future of online gaming - and you can join in. Make it the era of multiplayer, people, and don't forget to share those experiences that keep us happy throughout the day. We hope to see you online very soon! - The Unlimited Clan Staff TeamSkjorn0 Sep 20, 2013
Sep 20, 2013 Computer I built keeps freezing. Help D: Hey guys. I built a computer around 2-3 weeks ago and I just cant seem to find an answer to my problem. This was my first custom built computer. The Problem At seemingly random times, my computer will freeze. No other screen will come up, everything will just stop and if I had any music playing in the background, it will keep going but extremely slow and heavily distorted. The Build PSU - EVGA - SuperNOVA NEX750B 750W Power Supply CPU and Motherboard (Bought a combo) - Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K Heatsink - COOLER MASTER Hyper N 520 RR-920-N520-GP 92mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel 1366/1155/775 and AMD AM3 RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMY8GX3M2A1866C9 (Silver) GPU - SAPPHIRE 100354OC-2L Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card Along with a 120G SSD and a 1TB HDD Additional Info I went to each parts respective site to get the most updated version of their drivers, however I am unsure where to check to see if they are indeed updated. According to speedfan, the hottest my GPU has gotten was 56C while my CPU has never gone above 32C. I ran 11 passes of Memtest 86 and found no errors, and I have my voltage set to 1.5 (what is recommended) so I believe it isnt a RAM issue. What else is there to check D: The more I have to forcefully turn off my computer, the more I get worried that I am doing damage to it. Thank you ^^Roulen16 Sep 20, 2013
Sep 20, 2013 Warcraft III I was walking through Best Buy today, seen the Warcraft III battle chest for $19.99 and thought why not! Just wondering if I played this will the story line be confusing? I never heard of the Warcraft universe before WoW. I would like to experience the story line from the beginning. (If this is the wrong place for this post, please advise and I can move to correct location)Pixalrick15 Sep 20, 2013
Sep 19, 2013 Beverage while playing wow For me mostly water/milk if not that a good ole cold mountain dew code red. How about the rest of you folks.Smôkey89 Sep 19, 2013
Sep 19, 2013 LoL S3 WC's? TSMMolmor0 Sep 19, 2013
Sep 19, 2013 GTA V thoHellacopter5 Sep 19, 2013
Sep 19, 2013 Need help on upgrading CPU : Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.4 GHz Mobo: ASUS P5KPL Ram : 4GB DDR2 SSD : wd5000aaks 500gb GPU : AMD Radeon HD 6700 PSU : ATX-S500 500WMónzta1 Sep 19, 2013
Sep 19, 2013 Is the computer any good? how would u guys rate this computer build CPU : AMD phenom II X6 1090T Mobo: GA-890FXA-UD5 Ram : G Skill F3-12800Cl7 (4x2GB) DDR3 SSD : OCZ-Vertex4 128GB GPU1 : His Radeon HD 6870 1GB GPU2 : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 460 PSU : CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000w Opt. Drive : samsung Bluray reader/ DVD burnerJamacia1 Sep 19, 2013
Sep 18, 2013 D3 AH by by? Uglydruid2 Sep 18, 2013
Sep 18, 2013 I wonder if dioblo is good is it? I am thinking about bying it and i whant to know if it is good.Venhelsling30 Sep 18, 2013
Sep 18, 2013 Help buying a dekstop Hey, I currently am using a Mac to play WoW and am finally looking to purchase a new computer. Ive been looking at a few but i really don't know what I am doing and would really like some help finding a good computer for my budget. My budget is about 1200$ but i also would need to buy a monitor with this money too(have mouse/keyboard). I know building a computer is usually the better route to go but i have no experience in it so id rather get a prebuilt system. Also i am looking to be able to play WoW at a high fps with relatively high settings on (ultra would obviously be preferred) in crowded areas, like for raiding. Here is the one i am currently looking at so let me know if it is any good. HP ENVY 700 Desktop Computer (Intel Core i7-3770/ 2TB HDD/ 12GB RAM/ Windows 8)Hawkshot25 Sep 18, 2013
Sep 18, 2013 how to install on hdd and not ssd everything i download automatically goes on the ssd and its filling up. I never seem to get any option on what drive i want to put a game on. so how can i redirect something to hdd?Neifirst5 Sep 18, 2013
Sep 18, 2013 GW2 is improving Tab Targeting ... Can we get some some improvements for WoW? I'm sick of Tab Targeting something to put a debuff on it, but pressing tab again re-selects the same target for some reason so you have to press it twice to target the next enemy, then the same thing happens again and you're SOL and confused as heck.Plasm29 Sep 18, 2013
Sep 18, 2013 Will the minion advanced run wow on ultra? Hey, I've been trying to find a nice budget computer for awhile now and the minion advanced by ironside has caught my eye, I'm wondering, will it handle wow on ultra in a raid environment and keep a fps of around 40+? If not, could someone recommend another pre-built machine for around the same price range of 600?Jilynda2 Sep 18, 2013
Sep 18, 2013 Building my first pc, looking for advice. This will be my first attempt at building my own pc. I've been researching on building a budget, mid range gaming rig and was looking to get some tips on the selections I've made. Keep in mind I'll be re-using my old case, and 450w psu to go along with it. Current choices are... Motherboard MSI Z77MA-G45 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS CPU Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL GPU SAPPHIRE 100358L Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card OS Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM Thanks!Imashadow14 Sep 18, 2013
Sep 18, 2013 Need help with a build. I want to build a new comp....However I want to use the 500gig HDD , Dell case, and the 4 gig DDR3(can change if need to) I have never "built" a system. However I can build one. Reason for using old parts...is cost and the fact i dont have to buy a OS to run the new comp. My case is set up for a Micro ATX MB. I dont know where to begin to build a system and am looking for something that i can build under $500Huuflungpoo3 Sep 18, 2013
Sep 17, 2013 Question for the Devs on education. Just a little back story here...I'm 33 and just went back to school for computer programming. Literally 3 weeks ago. For your GM's, community managers, help desk people, Devs, what kind of computer education and background is favored. I'm sure most game companies look for relatively similar skill sets and I'm wondering specifically what those are.Omgitburnss16 Sep 17, 2013
Sep 17, 2013 Razer Naga 2014 help So I bought the 2014 to replace my old naga, just having a little issue. The 2014 doesn't have the 123/num switch on the bottom like the old naga, anyone know if theres a way to setup that option in synapse or somethingSoloz4 Sep 17, 2013
Sep 17, 2013 Looking to buy a gaming rig Budget: $950 or less, prefer less Would like to run 45+ fps on a combination of high and Ultra settings in 25man settings. First candidate looks like a good bang for the buck. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883258020 Worried a bit about the PSU it's 450 watt, which is slightly less than I have now but I upgraded to 500 watt PSU on an office computer that only came with a 250 watt PSU. The GPU is only the 640 model not a 50 or 60 but it is 2GB. Wanted to go with intel i5 cpu's, but was unable to find any that fit the budget and offered this level of RAM and GPU. Not planning on overclocking anything.Good14 Sep 17, 2013
Sep 17, 2013 Failed GPU or something else? Playing wow and screen goes black and fans go on full blast. Next day boot up and no problems, i dont think i did any gaming though. Then i moved a couple days later and when setting up pc i had a pain of a time getting a dvi signal, kept having to shut down and power back on and finally got a signal, bios boots up and then goes black after windows logo and says no dvi signal. Did some research and sounded like a bios/cmos battery issue but then when i was able to get past windows screen i tried playing cod and screen went all glitched and then blacked and lost dvi signal. Now if i get past windows screen everything glitches graphically before i lose signal. Should i be safe getting new gpu or could this be something else? its a gtx 570, year and half old and about 30+hrs week playing wow (not sure what typical lifespan is).Mastèrson4 Sep 17, 2013
Sep 17, 2013 Grand Theft Auto V It comes out tonight at midnight and it has already gotten perfect scores across the boards from reviewers: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51370/grand-theft-auto-v-reviews.html Who else enjoys crossing the bounds from fantasy to gritty crime drama/ satire and can't wait for midnight?Virilius7 Sep 17, 2013
Sep 17, 2013 CPU, Fan, Thermal Paste Bought parts for my new PC with some help from a friend and this board, almost ready to build it: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Bp5d I'm new at this, so I had some questions about the CPU and heatsink. It is my understanding that the CPU fan is to replace the one that comes with the CPU. Also, I was told the CPU fan would likely have some thermal paste with it. One question is, is it already on it, or is there a tube or something that comes with it? Doing some reading it seems perhaps that it's better to buy some of my own and apply it? Am I going to have to remove the paste that's on it already? How does one go about doing that? Do you just apply the paste to the top of the CPU or on the fan somewhere? Any info on this would be appreciated.Arthrin2 Sep 17, 2013
Sep 17, 2013 Laptop Buying Advice - - Help PLEASE Looking to buy a new laptop and have narrowed down to two laptops. I'm open to more suggestions but my price range is like 650 max, 700 if it's really worth it but want to stay around 600's. Laptop 1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DKFFLMY Laptop 2 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834216538&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10440897&PID=3332167&SID=u00000626 If you have any suggestions please leave a comment.Xizt3 Sep 17, 2013
Sep 17, 2013 Looking to build a cpu specifically for gamin Hello I'm having issues with my macbook and am thinking about building a new cpu specifically for gaming. I play WoW and LoL mostly. Anyways for the cpu build I am not looking to spend a lot of money, so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what parts I should get to run these games on at least at the minimum of good settings if not better if possibleAllintar10 Sep 17, 2013
Sep 17, 2013 Need help! Hardware. Hello, for some time now I have been getting decreased performance in pretty much any game. I have done extensive diagnostics, replaced and RMA suspected parts to no avail. My specs are bellow, as you can see, I should be able to run most games maxed out with little issue. In WoW, I can get as slow as 30 frames per second on top of frame spikes when I turn my camera, in Tomb Raider I get constant frame drops in any sort of combat or fast paced scene, in Whicher 2 I get the same sort of frames per second as I do in Tomb Raider, Farcry 3 is unplayable even on lowest settings, Skyrim is playable but with out any graphics mods that I would normally play with, Borderlands 2 is just as Tomb Raider even on lowest and Metro Last Light is unplayable with out spikes in combat even on lowest. I have tried everything I can think of, I have let places like local Hardware shops, Geeksqud and other run their tests as well. This happens on every driver I try. None of them can find a problem and I have dropped at least a couple hundred in letting them run said tests. I am at my wits end, I have RMAed both graphics cards and I am wanting to avoid RMAing my motherboard till a last resort for obvious reasons. Only thing that was not tested was my power supply but credible sources all point to a power supply not being able to cause these kinds of issues. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Extreme Video Cards: GTX 670 2g x2 in SLI CPU: i7 3770(NON K) Power Supply: Rosewill Lighting series 1000w Memory: 16g Corsair VengeanceElmo4 Sep 17, 2013
Sep 17, 2013 Suggestions: Gaming Keyboard & Mouse Any suggestions or recommendations on a Gaming Keyboard and Mouse? Personally, I prefer Logitech, but I'm open to other brands.Aenistris11 Sep 17, 2013
Sep 17, 2013 Desktop tower advice? Alright forums, I need your help. I'm about to cave and by a new computer to run WOW. I'm tired of frame rates hitting 0 during LFR in most fights. I'm cheap and am probably not technically adept enought to build my own system. I just got a new monitor, so I only need a tower. Budget is $600 US, Not looking to run on ultra or anything, just want to be able to raid effectively with low-good, which is currently a challenge. Any thoughts?Zulloch1 Sep 17, 2013
Sep 17, 2013 Diablo 3 Expansion Blizzard, please, please, please make a Mini-Malthael, Angel of Death pet in wow to go with the collector's edition and digital deluxe edition of the expansion and I swear to god i'll buy it. :) omg I can see it now... He could have a "raise the dead" like ability that works like the turret for the clockwork gnome, where he just summons a little ghost that hits 3 times every round dealing undead damage for 5 rounds. He'd have to have the new Rot ability as well (replacement for dark simulacrum in 5.4) as that just fits him too perfectly. Other cool stuff too. :)Petstuff22 Sep 17, 2013
Sep 16, 2013 Due for a PC update... DUNNO WHAT TO DO!! My laptop is getting a bit dated, about 3 years of use now, and continually crashes due to GPU overload and overheating while playing WoW and alt tabbing between programs. I am sure it could no longer handle programs like rift or skyrim either. I no longer play either of those games, but I would like for it to be able to handle them on medium, and WoW on ultra. I am currently working with a sony vaio that has 600gb HD, 6 GB ram (probably DDR2), a intel duo core with 2.13 GHZ per core, and an ATI mobility radeon HD 4650 graphics card, so mostly anything is an upgrade at this point Im looking for something around the $600 mark, although I could spend more, that has a capable processor and graphics card w/ 1 GB memory dedicated memory. I would be fine with a 500GB hard drive but at least 6 GB of DDR3 w/ the possibility to add more. I have looked at: http://compreviews.about.com/od/deskreplace/fr/Acer-Aspire-V3-771G-9809.htm http://compreviews.about.com/od/deskreplace/fr/Sony-VAIO-SVE1712ACXB.htm http://compreviews.about.com/od/deskreplace/fr/Toshiba-Satellite-S875-S7376.htm But I am wondering if there is anything a bit cheaper without sacrificing an extreme amount of performance. If I do pick any of these then how long do you think it will be until they they require upgrading? I don't really play it anymore, but, I would like it to be able to handle a program like skyrim on medium relatively easily in order to keep crashing to a minimum and prolong longevity with less heat generation. My plans for gaming probably just include WoW and EQnext.Artesin5 Sep 16, 2013
Sep 16, 2013 Advice about where to buy games 'n' stuff. Hello guys, what's up? Straight question: Where can i buy used games and consoles at Orlando - Florida? Lore: My name is Artur, and i was a lucky winner of a mall's promotion in my city. The promotion's prize was a full paid trip to Orlando, Florida, to visit the Walt Disney World Resort and stuff. I know that maybe for some people, this doesn't look that great, but for a brazilian of average wealth, it's big, really big. For a gamer, even bigger. The fact is, Brazil has some retarded import taxes for electronic products, a gamer's nightmare. And since i'll have the opportunity to be on USA, i'll try my best to get some stuff i always dreamed about =) I already have some scheduled deliveries to the place i'll be staying, like a razer mouse. But i'm looking for some of those stores where you can buy used stuff, consoles, games, old and new ones. And i'm really looking for WoW game boxes, the classical ones, from vanilla to pandaria. Anyone would help a fellow mate? Maybe you guys know someone from Orlando to give a tip, if it's easier, you can mail me in game on Kel'Thuzad, or add battle tag: Fluor#1615. Thank you very much!Fluor3 Sep 16, 2013
Sep 16, 2013 What Resident Evil has Become. Now Resident Evil back in the day was one of the best survial horrors of its time. The foes were shocking and it felt like you were constantly in danger. These days however Resident Evil has devolved into a generic shooter ....that happens to have zombies IF I WANTED TO PLAY THAT I WOULD PLAY CALL OF DUTY!! Please Please PLEASE return Resident Evil to its Roots.Dàrkàn7 Sep 16, 2013
Sep 16, 2013 Keyboard Suggestion Okay so i used the Razer Anansi for a few years Im looking for a new Mechanical keyboard with Red/Blue switches. One feature i need it to do whether it be software or Fn within keyboard is swap Caps lock with Ctrl. I currently use the noppo Choc mini which is great but i may want something different. Any recommendations Thanks.Amptix0 Sep 16, 2013
Sep 16, 2013 Wireless adapter options... As the title suggests, I'm currently looking to buy a new wireless adapter. I've had a Rosewill USB wireless N adapter for a while now and it has worked quite well until recently. The power of the device seems a bit lacking, compared to a PCI version. I was hoping somebody had some insight into which PCI wireless adapter would bring some more power to my machine.Jåmês1 Sep 16, 2013
Sep 16, 2013 Switching from Mac to PC! Need help So I'm switching from a MacBook Pro to a desktop PC mostly for gaming but hopefully for everything else too (microsoft office, internet, keeping my small-ish itunes library, etc.). I've really been torn between buying a decent pre-built PC and upgrading the PSU, which never seems to be enough, and the graphics card. Does that sound like the right thing to do? Or must I build one from scratch? I just can't seem to find the right build for my price range, which is about ~800 including the OS, monitor, and maybe paying someone to assemble everything :\. Any help? I'm looking to play WoW on high or even ultra as well as FFXIV and a few other MMOs I haven't been able to try because of my previous addiction to Apple products. Thaaanks!Achu7 Sep 16, 2013
Sep 15, 2013 new desktop for wow gaming hey guys, im a complete computer newb so building my own computer is out of question. i pretty much want a brand new desktop computer to play wow in. i use a very old laptop with a lot of problems so laptops are a no no now. i just want to play wow comfortably with a stable fps. i dont need to play on ultra settings, or anything like the kind. i want a decent desktop from anywhere from 500-750$. also another thing, i want to buy the computer in a physical store, not online. anyplace where you guys recommend i could get my dream comp ? any help is appriciated . thanksFishdeck5 Sep 15, 2013
Sep 15, 2013 Will This Pc Run Good? Hey Im planning on buying a new pc for WoW.I want to run it on high settings in like isle of conquest with around 40 fps,please only answer this forum if youre a wiz with cps,here are the parts CPU: Intel Core I5-3570 Ivy Bridge Quad Core 3.4 ghz MOTHERBOARD: BIOSTAR 990FX MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance 8GB HARD DRIVE: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200 RPM VIDEO CARD: Sapphire HD 6950 2GB POWER SUPPLY: Thermaltake TR2 CASE: CM Storm EnforcerPyronova4 Sep 15, 2013
Sep 15, 2013 Kaveri APU (Steamroller) coming Q4 2013 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/55058-amd-kaveri-apu-arriving-for-desktop-pcs-in-q4-2013/ So the Kaveri architecture is going to be a 28NM CPU design based on streamroller cores. They are moving things like decoding to the actual cores themselves, so we expect to see a drastic single core increase. As well, multithreaded capabilities look promising especially over the piledriver/bulldozer design. Also the IGP looks to be the power of an HD 7750 which is very impressive. They think they might be able to shove a 3 module CPU onto this die and mebbe a 4 module later on. If this APU can rival the I5-4670K in every way and win out in heavy threaded capabilities, Intel might need to step up their game for Broadwell.Stephí14 Sep 15, 2013
Sep 15, 2013 Question about filming programs When i mean filming i mean programs like Hypercam (thats an old one i used for runescape when i was like 12) I havent done filming in a while and wanna start up on WoW any Recording programs around free or cheap that yall reccommend?Addîcted0 Sep 15, 2013