Games, Gaming and Hardware

Mar 24, 2013 MSI GT70 Getting a new laptop and I think I am going to get this one. It's the 0ND-492us model specifically. Any verdicts on how this would run wow(10 man raids) and if there are any known issues with the cooling system, fans, etc. here's a link http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009H8RH84Zanè2 Mar 24, 2013
Mar 24, 2013 umm...help Just looking for some balance between my cpu and gpu. I'm looking to spend under 800. I think I found something. The gpu looks great. Im not sure about the cpu. I'm sure this i5 is fine, I just assume its a bit of an older model. I really like this set up, just a bit uncertain about plunking down 800 for it. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5653741&srkey=I455-G4000Ironcore1 Mar 24, 2013
Mar 24, 2013 A suggestion to Blizzard Entertainment If I'm putting this in the wrong forum, I apologize in advance. I have a theory that says more than half of the players of WoW haven't player the original Warcraft games. Seeing as how the first and second Warcraft games were programmed to run on a DOS computer, rather than a Windows machine, it's likely that those who haven't yet played the original games never will. My suggestion is for Blizzard to update the first and second Warcraft games, as well as any expansion packs, to use the Warcraft 3 engine and make them available as a digital download so that players can see where the game has it's roots.Ulfwerenar2 Mar 24, 2013
Mar 24, 2013 Sometimes, when I play games with open worlds I explore as much as I can. Eventually I would've explored the entire map, and the world gets smaller. It gets so small, to the point that every time I play that game, I feel trapped. Anyone else get this feeling?Takumi1 Mar 24, 2013
Mar 24, 2013 Attention Blizzard Community Hello Gamer guys and gals! The clan "The Forgotten Army" Will be doing something special this August! We are going to be running a two week pc gaming streaming charity event. we have a few things we would like to support, but we thought it would only be right if the gaming communities had a say in it. This is what we are looking at - 1 - Some form of cancer - Specific would be up to vote from the communities 2- 2-3 school donations 3- 2-3 food help group donations 4- Childrens hospital donation 5- Humane Society donation What do you guys think? Please vote below for the number that you would support. We are also looking for some more games to stream for the entire two weeks. We will be having as little downtime as possible. Here are the games we have thought of soo far - 1- Torchlight 2 2- Defiance 3- Borderlands 2 4- World of Tanks 5- Minecraft 6- Guild wars 2 We need more games. So please post some games that are able to be played with a group or 2-4 people. As some of our clan will want to participate. We do have a small streaming team. It does need a couple new memembers. There is some things we are looking for though. We are in need of the two new potential streamers to have good enough to computers to stream with, including internet. We are also looking for those streamers to have some experience with photo editing and video editing. They must also speak english. Our current team consist of - Handies Strcy There will be a section on our site - http://the-forgotten-army.enjin.com/ for the event and the potential streamers to stop by and see if we can use them. All others can stop by and show support. We will have sections for suggested games too and general talk, or to even come by and wish us luck.Handies1 Mar 24, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 Dead laptop :-( Greetings! My laptop died moments ago (its about 5 years old) and I am completely out of the loop on getting something newer. I did see a few threads on building PC's and some about optimal laptops but they seemed "outdated" to me. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a low cost pre-built laptop that would be able to just play wow (my desktop is more then capable but I'd like to have something on the go. Again not looking for anything fancy will to see some options but most likely will go will whatever is low cost to get me back up and running for the time being. Thanks!Tmas2 Mar 23, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 motherboard problem hi, today i got a new case in the mail and switched out my old motherboard/gpu/cpu/hdd into it, i also got a new psu. well, everythings hooked up correctly, the fans are running, as well as the one connected to the motherboard, there's just one problem it's not recognizing imput from my monitor or anything else for that matter. i tried taking out all but 1 ram and testing it in each slot, i re did cables 3 times now and nothing new. i did put gromets inbetween the case and the motherboard. the case is the 600t. oh yeah, when i turn it on my microphone LED will turn on for half a second and then turn back off. i'm sure its a shorting problem but i don't know what to do.Floaties6 Mar 23, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 Buying a Monitor Hello, I am buying a monitor and I have a budget of around $140, and I want a screen between atleast 20"-24". The bigger the better. Anyone have any suggestions? I found two that would be good price range just don't know if they are good or not. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254102 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+21.5%26%2334%3B+Widescreen+Flat-Panel+LED-LCD+HD+Monitor+-+Black/1655189.p?id=1218277383660&skuId=1655189#tab=overviewKilsyn0 Mar 23, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 Crysis 3: GeForce GTX 660 Ti+ [HELP] Hi, I am currently running with these specs: Intel Quad Core i7-3770k 3.5k GHz Processor (Turbo Boost to 4.2 GHz) 12 GB DDR5 RAM AMD Radeon HD 7570 @ 3 GB (Not Integrated) 24" 1920x1080 AND 17" 1440x900 monitors Earlier today I downloaded the Crysis 3 beta and sadly, I only ran 20-25 fps on low, VERY hard to play in. Is there anyone out there with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti OR GTX 670 that wouldn't mind downloading Crysis 3 beta (Free) and tell me how their FPS is on all high settings. I am trying to decide to get either a 660 Ti or 670, If 660 Ti can handle High settings on Crysis 3 at at least 35 FPS then thats fine. Download Crysis 3 Beta Free Here: http://www.crysis.com/us/crysis-3/beta Feel free to leave a reply here with your computer specs and the FPS you got or email me at: zachattack977@gmail.com :) Thanks -RozenzoRozenzo12 Mar 23, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 Super Hexagon RAGE! Made a video for the community with a brief overview of Super Hexagon. Game play of most levels and some funny gamer rage moments xD Hope you guys enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdlrrDk5WwMelancholy0 Mar 23, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 GTX 690 or GTX Titan? Which one is better? I've been reading stuff online and I'm still trying to draw a conclusion. If GTX can tone down the micro stuttering it would be worth it just for that.Galluccio20 Mar 23, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 Need some tech advise Aight mates? anyway I have a bit of a sticky situation up in ere. My mate has 2 nvidia 9800gt's and a 500 watt power supply. I'm bulding a new computer, I'm under a budget and I've found all the stuff i need except for the video card and processor. I have my eyes set on a 2.9 intel duo core g2020, it's only gunna cost 60 bux, plus the 650gtx video card which is like 119 bux. But... heres the stick wickit.. Total the processor and the card is gunna run me 179ish bux. But the mate that has the video cards told me I could have them for free right? In some sorta SLI thingy... Umm.. anyway He says i should spend the 179 bux on an I5 processor, he told me its like twice as powerful, and the video card power difference would be minimal. I mainly play wow and starcraft 2. Any goings on?Rasgul1 Mar 23, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 7870 ghz edition low fps??? I am gettin really low fps in raids in the 15-20 fps. here is my set up amd fx 6300 @ 4.2ghz msi radeon 7870 ghz edition twn frzr. i ran a benchmark on it and it scored 8021 for the gpu and 5089 for the cpu i can play other graphic intense games no problem but it cant handle wow for some reason .... plz help....Arelles12 Mar 23, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 Gaming PC build Hey everyone I' am thinking of selling my quad monitor setup. So that I can build my own triple monitor setup for gaming and web development/ microcontroller programming. Here's a link to my Amazon wishlist (computer parts list), any PCI-Express x16 slot video card you reccommend for triple monitors and gaming. http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/1UJGG25KPBPEM/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go_o_C-3Danwae1 Mar 23, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 What kind of Graphics card upgrade? I would like to upgrade my graphics card to the point i can run ultra on almost any game without any issues if possible. What graphics card would be the best that i can use for my system? CPU -Core i7-3770 4-Core 3.4GHZ Ram- 8 GBs PSU- CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply PCI Express 2.0 Directx 11 (Current graphics card) EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1461-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video CardKarnosh7 Mar 23, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Need iMac Advice My wife is turning the big 40 this month and is looking to get a nice imac computer. I know nothing about the Mac. The last time I used one was in 1996. I had to spend $500 to upgrade it so I could play warcraft 1. Is there a good resource somewhere I can get info? Is a Mac similar to the PC with the components.. video card, processor, ram, etc?Giacobbe3 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Laptop overheating I'm having issues with my laptop overheating and I've been wondering what the experience is like for other people. I do use a laptop cooler and even have a small external fan and it's still not enough when I play some games. FPS will drop and I am pretty sure it's because it's overheating. Are some models perhaps better at cooling? I'm using a Dell Studio 1558.Positron3 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 My Upgrading Advice There is no such thing as "overkill." I got the GTX 690 today and put the "old" Radeon 7970 in a backup computer. I thought it might not make a difference because of what they say about WoW not really depending on the video card. Well, it made a MASSIVE difference in MY system. I can't speak for anyone else obviously. But, for me and my game playing experience it made a HUGE difference. If you're considering an upgrade, just do it. IS the titan worth getting right now at $1,000. No. Personally, I'm going to consider buying two of them if the price ever gets below $800 per card. Then, I might put the GTX 690 in the backup computer.Giacobbe0 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 660ti vs 7950 I am upgrading my graphics card, and am deciding between these two cards. There are lots of specs and posts about which card is better, but most are over 6 months old. Does anyone have experience with both these cards and can make a definitive assessment if the extra $$ is worht the 7950?Wonton1 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Naga broken, looking to replace. So my Naga recently developed a hernia in the wire next to the USB input which makes it nigh on impossible to repair, I've only had it 11 months and am exceptionally careful with it, if you looked at my nostromo which I've had the exact same time the wire is almost brand new. Lost faith in Razer mice a little, wondering if it was worth getting a new one or if there was a better mouse out there with a similar amount of thumb buttons (I like this feature) out there. Regards.Seekèr3 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Will this run High/Ultra? Hey, my laptop is on its last legs and I'm trying to find the best combination of price/power for WoW. On Dell's outlet site they have an Alienware X51 for $750 with the following specs: Core i7-3770 Windows 7 Home Premium 1TB 7,200 RPM HDD 8GB RAM GeForce GTX 660 (1.5GB OEM version) DVD RW Drive The mini tower kind of limits future upgrades, but I'll probably only be keeping this computer for a year at most. I've also read that some people have put in a retail GTX 660 Ti and SSD without issues, so there's at least a little bit of room for improvement.Chimmychonga3 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Organ Trail on Steam If you haven't heard of this game before, you're missing out! Originally a mobile game, it's been ported to PC. It's basically a zombie themed "Oregon Trail" in which you gotta travel from the eastern coast of the US to the west coast where a 'safe haven' is located. On the way you stop at a few major cities and landmarks. But the real fun is the micromanagement. Rationing your food so it lasts, upgrading your car with various weapons/mods to help out, scavenging for food, money and scrap. And the soundtrack is just astounding. Its on Steam right now for like 4 bucks and it's definitely worth a look.Durango0 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Building my first gaming computer... Tell me what you guys think! http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/ I am very new this, but I enjoy learning more about computers and how to build them. I am trying build a mid- high end gaming PC mainly for WoW; I will probably use it for other games down the road though. If you see anything up there that I should change, please inform me. Thanks in advance! Edit: I should have been more specific. I am looking to build a machine that can run WoW on ultra and play other games fairly well. This is what I was able to come up with in about 20 minutes of messing around with the partlist.Incedium11 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 GW2 vs WOW : Addictivness Which is more addictive? Like in terms of coming back for more? Which or do you "crave"? Please don't turn this into a war over which is better! Thanks for reading, GusDarnassus28 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Thinking of picking up a new card Starting to think its time for a new graphics card but have been out of the loop for a bit. Atm im running with a Radeon HD5770 and a modest rig consisting of a 955 Phenom Black, 4g DDR3, and a 750 Watt PSU. Was thinking of maybe giving Nividia a shot, been AMD for some time now. Old school fanboy in my younger days i guess you could say. Thanks in advance to any input.Shasme6 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 My nwe PC, what do u think? Hi, everyone, im looking for a new PC, i want to play wow on high settings, what do u think about this computer, can i play on a high settings? processor: Intel Core i7 3rd generation Ram: 8 gb GPU: ATI HD 6850 ty for ur answersKehilas8 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Razer naga help Hello, my little sister pulled the cord of my razer naga out of the hole in the mouse. I was wondering if I could put it back in and if it would still work. Or if it ruined some wiring when it was pulled out. Thank you!Blaiyze1 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 Shift and control keys not working with naga I recently just switched from windows to mac and i have ben using a naga razor. I key bound shift and control to some of my buttons with my naga and when i use my mac the buttons do not work. But when i use numbers in combination with shift or control with my computer buttons it works. Is there something i could download or change to fix this problem?Kuumar0 Mar 21, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 So I just bought Dead Space 1 for $6.00 since EA gave us folks that experienced the horrible, sucky, bad, horid, absurd launch of Sim City a free EA game download. I chose Dead Space 3. Do you like the trilogy? This is my first time playing and I haven't gotten very far yet.Brassbolt2 Mar 21, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 I keep getting low FPS with my new card Not sure why, but ever since a couple days ago, my wow fps got dropped out of no where, I had clue what to do, I tried removing my WTF folder out of wow, and delete the cache folder still the problem. So I decided maybe a new card will do it? and no it didn't. Still low, maybe a little better So can anyone help me fix this, I can really use help, no site really explains this problem. I do run Bartender 4, Gladius, Healers must die, Gladaitorua, along with DBM, Sexymap, xpearl, taunt master, and icehudArellaknight20 Mar 21, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 Haswell preview @ Tom's I'm mostly interested in Intel HD 4600 performance. Here's the WoW: MoP graph - http://media.bestofmicro.com/S/9/376857/original/wow.png 50 FPS @ 1080 on Fair seems pretty good. It probably won't maintain during intense fights but it would be playable I think. One could play in windowed mode or lower the settings to boost FPS. Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i7-4770k-haswell-performance,3461.htmlVaerwind3 Mar 21, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 New computer build. I am just wondering how well this will run Warcraft. I wont say on ultra because there are so many opinions on what ultra means... Lets just say high+ settings. I know the Vidcard is on the lower end, but this is about the best i can afford in my budget. In fact i am over by about 60bucks. Processor - i5-3570k 3.4GHz LGA 1155 Mobo - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2x4G) DDR3 1600 PSU - CORSAIR builder series CX600 600W ATX12V 80 plus bronze certified GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 650 1GB HDD - WD Caviar Blue 500BG SATA 3 7200RPM 16MB cache CDD - Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial Case - Antec One Computer CaseNubfoot5 Mar 21, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 Graphics Card Help Hello, I have two graphics cards to put in my computer and I need help deciding on which to put in it. I know they aren't very good cards, but I don't have much money right now. Nvidia Geforce 9500GT or AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200. Thanks!Kilsyn3 Mar 21, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 Sound stuck in background Hey guys i have sound in background enabled which is fine but recently when i have wow in the background and im browsing on firefox searchin the web after a 1minute or two wow will play one random sound continuously and wont stop till i alt tab back to wow any ideas?Pandhandled1 Mar 21, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 Anyone Tried The New Aliens Patch? Does it actually make the game decent?Smellysmoot7 Mar 21, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 Building computer need help. I'm desperate for a new computer I have been using old ones passed on to me from my brothers,friends etc. I want my own. i am willing to spend 500$-600$. i also need advice I'm starting from scratch and would like to be able to run high settings at least.Khaliifa12 Mar 21, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 Circle Of Enmity is recruiting! DayZ & WoW Circle of Enmity DayZ Server *Spawn with a GunTools/Supplies*Custom bases/buildings/Plenty of Vehicles/Always Day/Active Admins/AutoRefuel/Increased Heli Crashes/Debug Monitor We're Recruiting www.circleofenmity.com! Try our server out! We'll be here throughout standalone as well! -We are also starting up a guild in WoW, so don't be afraid to tag along!ßlazed1 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 Monitor keeps shutting off. Hi, I recently bought a new monitor (asus VS228) and it works great. The problem is that the monitor goes into like a sleep state where the screen goes completely black but it doesn't turn off. I found out that this only happens when there is a lot of darkness on the screen, i.e. walk into a dark hallway in a game or a night time scene in a movie. Once the on screen scenery brightens up everything goes back to normal instantly. Is there anyway to fix this? Btw i do not think its a problem with my computer since this never happened with my old monitor.Ôx2 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 Low graphic with that pc? Hey, don't know much about computer but i would like to understand why i have to run on low graph with that. In sha or Galleon group of 40 it's lagging so bad. Thanks for your help Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431) Language: French (Regional Setting: French) System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard System Model: p6732f BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/07/10 09:56:31 Ver: 6.09 Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 445 Processor (3 CPUs), ~3.1GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM Available OS Memory: 3832MB RAM Page File: 2254MB used, 5407MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4200 Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9710) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)Xdas4 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 New computer build 800$ budget my goal is to run wow on high - ultra but i only have 800 to spend total .....my first build ...so i could use some help ...any suggestions >?Raamoss4 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 RAM question so i have a gateway FX7026 and according to the gateway website the ram is only upgradable to 4gb max, i have 4 slots total for ram, well i would guess it would be a max of 1gb per slot right? well i looked in the PC, now mind you i bought this off ebay and i checked and the motherboard is the same as gateway listed, well i looked inside the PC and there is a 2GB Samasung stick and a 1GB Apacer (never heard of them) stick for 3GB total how is this possible that the guy has a 2GB stick in the one slot? i would figure with the 4gb max limit on gateways website it would be a max of 1gb per slot i have OCZ SLI Ready RAM coming in the mail from amazon and that's a 4GB kit Dual Channel should i be good to go? should i try and order another 4GB kit and see if i can push it to 8gb? and one other thing, can i use a 2.1V DDR2 Ram in a 1.8V Motherboard? i just dont get it! heres the link to the motherboard specs on the gateway website http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/1015005R/1015005Rsp3.shtml Here is a link to the actual Gateway FX7020 PC http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/1015005R/1015005Rnv.shtmlAxotic4 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 What PC upgrade should I get for max FPS? At the time of this post I'm running on good-high at 20 FPS in the world, 30-60 in instances. ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 3/20/2013, 12:22:50 Machine name: JUSTIN Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130108-1504) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard System Model: h8-1414 BIOS: v8.08 Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6120 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz Memory: 10240MB RAM Available OS Memory: 10030MB RAM Page File: 3529MB used, 7971MB available Windows Dir: C:\windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7450 Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x677B) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Display Memory: 5765 MB Dedicated Memory: 1006 MB Shared Memory: 4758 MB Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)Tribüte2 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 Question about specs? Will I be able to play on Ultra settings with this PC? AMD FX-4100 3.6ghz quad core AMD HD 7750 1 gig ddr5 radeon video card 8 gig of ram ddr3 Or atleast on high?Ruezim2 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 Logitech G700 Mouse and Keybinds in WoW Hi everyone. I picked up a G700 mouse and am loving it so far. However, I can't bind all the keys I want too. Namely the two top keys on the side (where there are four) and the couple on the upper left hand side. Is there a way to get these keys bound?Aneum1 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 Class balancing I have noticed a lot of very unbalanced classes frost mages need to be nerfed as do Death Knights an priests i am a Retribution Paladin an i get killed by almost any class we are pretty much useless in a arena if you agree or have some thoughts similar to these please feel free to share.Mcbubbles7 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 Anyone had success downgrading Windows 8? Student discount doesn't apply to Windows 7 any longer and I'm in need of a new license. Windows 8 Pro is relatively cheap, but I wanted to confirm the "downgrade" method worked before I put out the cash for an OS I will never use. I've read some blog articles about a long, tedious process that involves purchasing a license for Windows 8 Pro and Microsoft allowing you to "downgrade" to Windows 7 Pro if you choose. This seems to be the cheapest way to obtain Windows 7 at this point since they're force feeding 8, but I was hoping to find someone who can tell me first hand that it's a foolproof method.Grev7 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 Time to upgrade my computer; need some help! So I'm going to build a new PC. I've got some parts I can re-use from my current as listed below; -Harddrive -6GB DDR3 RAM -500W Power Supply -Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, etc Questionable; -Radeon 5750 GPU (Outdated.. worth it to upgrade?) -N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX Motherboard (will this be compatible with current CPU's?) I'm a college student, so the cheaper the better. I was looking at the I5 Sandy Bridge, but if there's something comparable for a cheaper price ($200 is expensive!) I'd love it. Thanks!Wagg3 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 Best wow mouse OSX compatible??? Best wow mouse OSX compatible??? Which amuse are you apple people using???Brujito27 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 19, 2013 Upgrade soon. Ideas? I was going to upgrade just my gpu. I run a GTX 460 768mb. I am not sure if it is the new MoP graphics or if my card is getting old, but my old gtx 260 ran circles around this card in WoW. Granted that was back in Wrath though. Is the "new" game that much more demanding? I used to run the game on all high settings with the following setup. E8400 Wolfdale Duo core. 3.0ghz GTX 260 core 216 4gb crappy dell ram. I upgraded the above to the following. AMD 965 BE 3.4ghz 4gb 1600 ripjaw ram GTX 460 768mb Now, after the upgrade, WoW seemed to run a lot better. I still don't think i needed to replace the E8400 just for Wow but I play other more demanding games, but that chip seemed solid. I never really played a lot in Cata. I got one toon to 85 and never raided and stopped playing. Fast forward to about 2-months ago. I got back into the game. Leveled a new toon from scratch, 1-85 went ok. No issues. The day i took the portal to Pandaria I was shocked. I went from butter smooth fps to a slide show for about 1-2 minutes. I had to move the sliders all to good and turn off AA. Did the games graphics improve that much? I have always thought WoW was a beautiful game and Pandaria looks amazing from what i can tell. I know my system is dated now, I remember paying $209 for the 965 BE. $100+ for the ram. I would like to upgrade to something that will run the game on high/ultra with little to no slowdown. I understand the engine is not the best, so I am mainly looking for something to give me better performance in LFR, and later 10/25 mans when I can finally join the raid team. CPU I would like to be AMD. I won't use an intel cpu. GPU I would like to be nvidia. I won't use ATI/AMD. Sounds picky, but it is what it is. Budget would be maybe 500-600 for CPU,GPU,RAM,MOBO. I actually like the Dell XPS 630i case I ordered a long time ago. Huge, roomy and the 750 watt psu is still running strong.Seróquel5 Mar 19, 2013
Mar 19, 2013 New PC I just bought a pc with these specs...I was wondering at what levels will I be able to play wow? High/ Ultra? AMD fx-4100 quad core 3.6ghz AMD radeon HD 7750 1 Gb ddr5 video card 8 gig ddr3 ramRuezim0 Mar 19, 2013