Games, Gaming and Hardware

Jan 29, 2013 Need Advice/Input on new computer specs Next week or the week after (whenever our return comes in YAY!) we are buying two new desktops. Currently playing on a laptop that drops to 1fps on Sha and it's ridiculous. I was eyeballing this computer http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+20%26%2334%3B+All-In-One+Computer+-+4GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/6835479.p?id=1218809260125&skuId=6835479#tab=specifications Not bad for the price and we can expand the RAM up to 16GB, it currently sits at 4 and we will boost it to 8 or 10. My question is the graphics card. It's a AMD Radeon HD 7310. Is that the best there is at this point? Will it run Sha and other raids at a good rate instead of freezing? I'd like to at least play at Good graphics setting instead of low/fair. Thank you in advance!Paisley2 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Good resource for estimating PSU needs? The last one I saw hasn't been updated in a very long time, but all I see any more as far as power requirements is those of video cards. I know they may be the most power hungry component, but the other components aren't exactly negligible. Does anyone know of any good resources that you can plug various models of cpu/video card/hdd/etc into and it will estimate how many watts of power you should be able to supply? I guess the alternative is to buy a 1000 watt and not worry about itYongsa2 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Building a budget comp (First build) My first build ever so go easy... Gigabyte 990FX Motherboard AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz 8 Core CPU 8GB Corsair Memory EVGA GEforce 650 1GB GPU Raidmax Hybrid 630W PSU (extra stuff) Thermaltake V3 AMD edition Case Lite-On DvD Burner WD Blue 250 GB HDD Price: ~$650 What kind of FPS do you think this could give out? Different games settings etc?Cyberbite11 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Starcraft II or Halo I can only buy one game. Can't decide. HALP!Tippytoes56 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 New Pokemon games have terrible titles Seriously, what happens when some little kid types in "Pokemon X videos" in google?Spakpak4 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 College Honors Thesis:Request For Respondents Fellow Gamers Unite: Requesting survey respondents for College Honors Thesis on MMORPG gamers and play! Help very much appreciated! Here We Go! My Honors Thesis Survey is finally live after a year of prepping. If you play any MMORPGs or know someone that does please take a few moments of your time to complete my survey or to send it to a friend. Thank you very much! Perceptions & Attitudes Among MMORPG Players "Do you like to play MMORPGs like: World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Guild Wars, Vindictus, Star Trek Online, Tera, Lord of the Rings Online Age of Conan, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Everquest, Aion, Rift, EVE Online, The Secret World, or Warhammer Online? If you are 18 or older, click on the link below to take a survey on your gaming, social relationships on and offline, and possible positive and negative health outcomes related to your MMORPG play." http://uncc.surveyshare.com/s/AQAINQD A couple of *Disclaimers* - Based on current feedback thus far. - This survey is officially tied to the University of North Carolina at Charlotte & the UNCC Psychology Department. - Surveyshare utilizes a hashing system (to my knowledge) to prevent spamming and multiple instances of the survey being taken. - E-mail input is the easiest way to protect you and the survey. - Once the survey goes down all data is stripped from the website - you're perfectly safe. - This will come up... the questions are not of my own creation and are pulled from prevelant MMORPG research. - This is to maintain continuity and universal validity amongst all studies. I cannot make changes to formatting. - The survey should take about 10-20 minutes to complete - If you've questions, comments, and concerns I am open ears to anything you've got to say. - Please keep all of this in mind. - My contact information is in the survey, if you wish to get the results once publication is finished you can contact me at the end. Thank you again for your time and consideration - I really appreciate everyone! This thesis has taken a long time to craft and the community has been amazing to me thusfar and I am eternally grateful for all of it. My research is meant to benefit the community and I am glad it has been received so well!Vardivh11 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 College Honors Thesis:Request for respondents Fellow Gamers Unite: Requesting survey respondents for College Honors Thesis on MMORPG gamers and play! Help very much appreciated! Here We Go! My Honors Thesis Survey is finally live after a year of prepping. If you play any MMORPGs or know someone that does please take a few moments of your time to complete my survey or to send it to a friend. Thank you very much! Perceptions & Attitudes Among MMORPG Players "Do you like to play MMORPGs like: World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Guild Wars, Vindictus, Star Trek Online, Tera, Lord of the Rings Online Age of Conan, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Everquest, Aion, Rift, EVE Online, The Secret World, or Warhammer Online? If you are 18 or older, click on the link below to take a survey on your gaming, social relationships on and offline, and possible positive and negative health outcomes related to your MMORPG play." http://uncc.surveyshare.com/s/AQAINQD A couple of *Disclaimers* - Based on current feedback thus far. - This survey is officially tied to the University of North Carolina at Charlotte & the UNCC Psychology Department. - Surveyshare utilizes a hashing system (to my knowledge) to prevent spamming and multiple instances of the survey being taken. - E-mail input is the easiest way to protect you and the survey. - Once the survey goes down all data is stripped from the website - you're perfectly safe. - This will come up... the questions are not of my own creation and are pulled from prevelant MMORPG research. - This is to maintain continuity and universal validity amongst all studies. I cannot make changes to formatting. - The survey should take about 10-20 minutes to complete - If you've questions, comments, and concerns I am open ears to anything you've got to say. - Please keep all of this in mind. - My contact information is in the survey, if you wish to get the results once publication is finished you can contact me at the end. Thank you again for your time and consideration - I really appreciate everyone! This thesis has taken a long time to craft and the community has been amazing to me thusfar and I am eternally grateful for all of it. My research is meant to benefit the community and I am glad it has been received so well!Vardivh13 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Can your character survive in these worlds? So your main, taking as much gold and items with you. Can your character survive in the following universe. 1. Walking Dead 2. God of War 3. Warhammer Age of Reckoning 4. Skyrim 5. Oblivion 6. Final Fantasy series 7.Dragon Age 8.Too Human 9.Darksiders 1 and 2 10.DC Universe I could go more but those are the 10 , if you like too you can put down the reason why or how you would fair.Crappytank13 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Power Supply Time!! Ok so I have an fx 6300 vishera coming in with a 7870 LE Tahiti, now I'm ready for my 80 plus Bronze PSU Current one in mind - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139040Tonedeph3 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 FX-8320 vs 8350, and motherboard Question I'm wondering if this is a decent motherboard for use with the FX-8350 processor. I don't plan to do any heavy overclocking (I might dabble with it, but probably nothing over like 10-15% speed) and would like to keep the budget below $140ish http://www.ncix.ca/products/?sku=67762&vpn=970A%2DG46&manufacture=MSI%2FMicroStar would this be better? http://www.ncix.ca/products/?sku=76522&vpn=M5A97%20R2%2E0&manufacture=ASUS&promoid=1360 Also, I've read some people say getting an 8350 is pointless and really not worth the extra $30ish. Can an 8320 overclock to 4GH without it heating up more than an 8350 at stock? If overclocking it to match the 8350 won't require a beefy cooler than I would def be willing to save a few bucks :PRawrbear8 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Final Fantasy:all your money..er bravest http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/01/17/psa-dont-buy-final-fantasy-all-the-bravest As a fan of the series I cant help but feel very disgusted about it. There is nothing wrong with capitalizing on nostalgia(theatrhythm and Dissidia would attest to that) but this isnt even a game so much as a money grab from fans.Zerde42 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 pc build about to buy ok so im about ready to start ordering most likley in a few days http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zZD4 anything i should change/upgrade thats better quality for the same money or compatability issues its in my goal budget, i think i did pretty good im trying to get wow to run at 40+ frames per secondCenturo8 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 My comments about Earthbound WARNING: This post contains MASSIVE SPOILERS about Earthbound, AKA Mother 2. You have been fairly warned. (One more block of text to make sure the spoilers are out of sight of mouseover preview...) (One MORE block...because evidently that wasn't enough) ONWARD! (When referring to Giygas, I mean his final set of forms. The one that is killed by praying it to death.) -Giygas has between 24545 and 44195 HP. (Proof: I dealt a total of 24544 damage to it, then hit it for 19650 in one blow.) -I, myself, as in the person holding the controller, am BY FAR the most powerful being in the game. (Except I'm not in the game...) (Proof: I hit Giygas for 3231, 5550, 12450, and 19650. These are the only hits I ever made. Highest hits made outside of that include Jeff's Multi bottle rocket, for about 1600 at best, and a SMAAAASH! hit from Ness for 900 at best.) So, people who made Earthbound, congratulations, you made a character so overpowered, that character can one-shot everything that isn't Giygas. var.global.player-name is OP! (Yes, that's what I entered for "my name") -Earthbound is the first game I've ever seen in which an ally can be healed after being one-shot, provided you do it quickly. (Without resorting to revival, IE Phoenix Down) (No, wait, I'm wrong. Death Knights have purgatory now. Earthbound was still 17-18 years ahead, though) -Earthbound is also the first game I've ever seen in which characters can survive being killed, by killing the enemy right back. (Ending the battle and stopping the HP meter from dropping further) -Earthbound has the worst teleportation ever. -Seriously, a character named "Poo"? (Yes, it had to be said) -Evidently, children should have ready access to $200,000 at all times. -Ness's dad doesn't talk on the telephone. Ness's dad IS THE TELEPHONE! -I like to think that New Age Retro Hippie originally had access to PSI Rockin Ω, and that PSI Rockin Ω itself (both NARH's and Ness's) would just make NARH's BGM theme play, instead of that nutty animation. Then the devs realized that A) 640 damage is waaaaay too much for Twoson-level Ness and B) New Age Retro Hippie just didn't fit in the final area, so they just scrapped the idea totally and gave him the BGM. -New Age Retro Hippie: For when one time period just isn't enough. -True origin of NARH's BGM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5WNiPLw9eU -That photographer is really just a stalker. Perhaps even Herbert the Pervert in a top hat. He always seems to be everywhere, and I hate him. Always spending 30 seconds taking a picture when I could be killing aliens with Johnny B Goode. -HAL Laboratories has it all wrong: (AKA: Ness in Super Smash is totally wrong) ---First, it's PSI Fire, PSI Thunder, and PSI Freeze. Also, for the final smash, it's PSI Starstorm. None of this PK stuff. ---Second, Paula (and partially Poo) is the one with PSI Fire, PSI Thunder, and PSI Freeze. Not Ness. ---Third, PSI Starstorm is Poo's thing. Stick to PSI Rockin. Hell, why wasn't Ness's final smash PSI Rockin? Since sarcasm isn't transmitted well over the internet, I should note: This is primarily a joke post.Manabender6 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 PC ADVICE This computer I have is HORRIBLE! I just bought it two years ago and it's really bad. I need some advice on whether I should upgrade it or just buy a new one. The specs are.. CPU is AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor. CPU SPEED is 2.8 GHz. RAM is 3.8 GB. VIDEO CARD is RS880. I'm trying to play Arma 2 and the recommended requirements are CPU: Intel Core 2.8 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster. RAM: 2 GB. NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon 4850 with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM or faster. So what should I do to get my computer good enough to run this game with good or even the best graphics?Dòra3 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 MIDI and Dosbox/old games And here I thought that when I finally set up some old games again (Daggerfall, Warcraft 1, etc), that I'd really miss the AWE64 Gold that is in my old K6 machine. I thought that Dosbox lacking AWE32 emulation was a limitation...it turns out it's not. The reason it doesn't have AWE32 emulation is because it's completely totally unnecessary. Modern soundcards FAR exceed the MIDI capabilities of the AWE32. I don't know about the built in soundcards on motherboards...I'm using an X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity. But for the old DOS games, you just select "general MIDI" (sometimes labeled MPU-401), and you get sound that equals or exceeds the AWE32 (if you pick the AWE32 option while running under Dosbox it will just say that the sound card was not detected). I just tested with the original Warcraft, and Daggerfall, and in both cases it sounded every bit as good as the AWE32 did, maybe a little better, just by picking general MIDI instead of SB16. If you pick SB16 it sounds pretty terrible. Just an FYI for anyone messing around with old DOS games. Daggerfall especially...toggle between MPU-401 and SB16. SB16 mode can't do the drums. MPU-401 sounds like using an AWE32.Mogrigg3 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 Anyone else having problems with EA? Hi! I am a huge fan of The Sims 3, I usually play it when WoW is down, but today it is saying my information is invalid, and when I try to change my password it says they are experiencing technical issues. Is anyone else having the issue with The Sims 3? If anyone here plays it >_>Aikeiko1 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 need new computer, help wanted Well I recently fried my computer, well my brother did. Tried to change the PSU and graphic card but it fried my stuff. So I need a new one now. Only looking to spend like 1000$ and I prefer it to be premade by cyber power because im not too great at building them so please don't tell me to build one. I'm looking for a PC that can run wow on ultra and basically a few games coming out this year. Maybe starcrafts next expansion on ultra? I just care about playing games on high-ultra. That's really all I'm trying to do. Run games and YouTube stuff. I can usually do 720 but I'd like 1080p. Please help me out, I could use all the help I can get.Huntardx10 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 what can this card run wow on i wanted to get this card what framerate do you think i can get on ultra with this card NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1GB *(GDDR5)*Ðeadèye23 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 Which laptop is better for gaming? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7337048&type=product&id=1218840175098 or http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+K-Series+15.6%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Light+Covellite/7133053.p?id=1218831023584&skuId=7133053 which would be better for world of warcraft? also how big of a difference between the two of them is there?Amberline1 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 Looking for some help Probably not the forums for this but I'm going to post anyways. So I play a game called Blood Bowl. we play against each other over the internet by LAN by downloading our team files in .db format from our web site. I have been using this format for almost 2 years with Firefox and Windows 7. Here is the problem. When i go to download the team file before playing our match, it now opens with itunes. itunes has now become the default, and it is screwing with my ability to copy the team file into the games folder to play via LAN. Is there a way to get this to stop? I now have to delete itunes from my computer to have the .db file work the way it used to before whatever I did to mess it all up. When I redownload itunes, it goes back to the same problem again with trying to download the team file and it only opens with itunes again. Anyone have a clue on how to fix this? I would like to keep itunes, but having screw with my teams file every time I need to play is getting annoying.Firestorms2 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 Rumor mill for Nvidia's next gen has started http://www.overclock.net/t/1351786/tpu-nvidia-to-name-gk110-based-consumer-graphics-card-geforce-titan ...Vaerwind6 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 Any Sly Cooper fans? I completely forgot there's a new game coming out next month. So I was curious if there were other fans here. I can honestly say I missed this franchise. The characters are so much fun. The art style was always fun to watch when I was younger. And the old games looked nice in their HD versions. ( Although I'm still mad they RUINED the Mz Ruby fight. It was off beat. ) I'm curious what they're going to do now that Sly and Carmalita are a couple. The missions where she's chasing him were a blast. Sure it's not a difficult franchise to play but it still made up a good chunk of my younger gaming days. I believe his series was going on around the same time as the Jak and Daxter games. And Ratchet and Clank. So it's from around that time zone. It's enjoyable that whoever is in charge of this game, ( They did the HD work and got Sucker Punchs permission to make a new game. I can't remember their name though ) is still keeping to that cel shaded look. Just with a boost of course. My ears are a little goofy at the moment, I can't tell if that's Slys original voice actor. Sounds legit though. ( Damn you ear infections, normally I'm good with picking out voices ) *edit* I just looked after I posted this. Yup it's his original VA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI6vkyyK4Lc&feature=player_embedded Here's a little quick animated film for the game. Just ignore the comment section. ( As always with Youtube )Rosenivy0 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 Pc build CPU: Intel i5-3570K 227 MOTHERBOARD: AsRock Z77-Extreme 4 135 GRAPHICS CARD: Gigabyte 2G 7870 Radeon 249 RAM: 2 x 8G Kit 1600 corsair vengance (16GB) 95 MONITOR: 27” 2ms Samsung S27A950D 429 HARD DRIVE: Seagate SATA 3 1TB 73 WIRELESS ADAPTER: TP-Link WN822N 24 CD/DVD: Samsung SATA DVD RW 19 CPU COOLER: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO 34 CASE: Corsair Graphite CC600T White 185 SSD: 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SATA 3 125 Power Supply: Corsair CX 600 V3 89 TOTAL: $1684 These are my specs i am building tomorrow I just want to know if all these parts are compatible with each other would also love to know if i can run crysis 3 when it comes out on this cheersDemøniç2 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 Advice on new video card and mouse for WOW Hi everyone...just looking for a little advice on a new video card (the fan died on my old Radeon) and a mid-priced gaming mouse (my poor old Logitech was a trooper, but it wasn't meant for gaming and I wore out the left clicker lol). My system is pretty old, but I don't think the specs are too bad and WOW is the only game I play. I do require a larger, ergonomic mouse though, as I have some wrist issues; and I think wired is better than wireless? Also, I'd love to be able to play on the highest graphics settings if possible. System: HP 6180t Intel Quad CPU Q9550@2.83 GHz and 2.83 GHz RAM: 6.00 (upgradeable to 8) OS: Vista Home premium (UGH) 64bit Not sure what other info ya'll might need? Thanks in advance for any advice :).Shanleiya9 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 28, 2013 GW2 gets bought by Nexon I think we can now officially cross it off the "wow-killer" list nowSpakpak24 Jan 28, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 I want to buy a PC controller Hey guys. I'm looking for a relatively cheap and durable controller for PC gaming, but every review I read seems to say "It's nice but it broke in 2 months." My favorite two that I've come across so far are: Steelseries GC3 http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/joystick-steelseries-3gc-controller/76273 and Logitech Gamepad F310 http://www.gamestop.com/pc/accessories/logitech-gamepad-f310/99676 I like these two because they're wired and because the joysticks are set up like a Playstation controller. Do you guys have any suggestions that will suit my needs? Thanks.Fistweaver1 Jan 27, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 Finding WoW a grind? (Protip) Step 1 Go and start playing runescape, roll a new char if you already have an account Step 2 Get to at least combat level 50 Step 3 Go back to Wow Step 4 Never complain about Wow Grind againSpakpak7 Jan 27, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 How is Rift: Storm Legion? After playing WoW for about 6 years, I have finally become burnt out. Don't get me wrong, I love WoW and I think it will always be the best MMO (before Titan comes out). I am just looking for a new experience. My favorite times in WoW were before I was max level, and I was a huge altoholic. I didn't know what to do past level 30, I was totally confused on what dungeons and raids were. Once I hit 80, the game finally became clearer for me. I started to raid and dungeon and go for those impossible achievements. After experiencing raiding, I wanted to do it some more. Once Cataclysm came out I took a huge break, and never really got back into raiding, and it made me less interested in WoW. Sorry, got a little off topic. So, does anybody here own Rift: Storm Legion and has a max level character? How does it compare to WoW in the PvE aspect? Are there more things to do, are there more zones, more dungeons/raids? Also, how is the PvP over on Rift?Fatzert0 Jan 27, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 Would this be a big upgrade in performance? Here is some of my current computer information OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2.6.0.6002 (Service Pack 2) CPU TYPE: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz CPU SPEED: 2.02 GHz Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS Would a computer with windows 8 64 bit, with an intel 3rd generation core i3 processor, 2.4Ghz, mobile intel hd graphics card, and 4gb of ram make a big difference?Pandaid6 Jan 27, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 Is this a good build? So here it's what I found... using your advices and Kalganized guide: ++CPU++ Core i5 3470 3.2GHz LGA 1155 Boxed Processor $149.99 http://www.microcenter.com/product/400664/Core_i5_3470_32GHz_LGA_1155_Boxed_Processor ++MOBO++ ASRock LGA1155/Intel Z75/DDR3/Quad CrossFireX /CrossFireX/SATA3/USB3.0/A/GBE/ATX Motherboard Z75 PRO3 $84.99 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007P709YI/?tag=pcpapi-20 ++MEMORY++ Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte 8GB 2X4GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 C9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit $38.12 http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=54963&vpn=996776&manufacture=Mushkin%20Enhanced ++GPU++ HIS IceQ H787Q2G2M Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card $199.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161404&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID= ++POWER SUPPLY++ CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply $39.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID= ++DVD/CD W++ Lite-On iHAS124-04 24x SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer DVD Burner (Black) - $15.98 http://www.outletpc.com/c2327.html?utm_source=c2327&utm_medium=shopping%2Bengine&utm_campaign=pcpartpicker ++HARD DRIVE++ 1TB 7,200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive DT01ACA100 - OEM - $59.99 http://www.microcenter.com/product/400847/1TB_7,200_RPM_SATA_60Gb-s_35_Internal_Hard_Drive_DT01ACA100_-_OEMCybelle7 Jan 27, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 Looking for a new GPU Hey everyone, so I recently decided on getting myself an FX 6300 Vishera and now I'm looking at which GPU to get. Thanks for any feedback guys!! Current Rig: 775 watt Diablotek ATX PSU AMD Vishera FX-6300 3.5 GHz (Six Core) 8gb Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1333 (2x4gb) Galaxy GTX 560 (Non Ti) 7200 RPM Hitachi HDD HAF Coolermaster Budget is currently at 200-300$ Here are the two that are on my mind - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130809 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131484Tonedeph4 Jan 27, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 Is FPS normal for these specs? Hello guys just wanted to come here and ask for ppl with more XP about specs to let me know if my fps is normal. I get about 20-25fps in cities but can sometimes drop to teens in lfr and such on my Asus laptop. SPECS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz Installed memory (RAM) 6GB System Type 64-bit OS Vid card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 Let me know if anyone needs more info to give me some normal expectations with these specs. TYVMLaleyy5 Jan 27, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate. For those who were curious but not in the loop of knowledge regarding the Monster Hunter series, March 19th in the US (21st in the EU) is the date for the dual Wii U and 3ds release of Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate. With it comes more monsters and subspecies (granted those were in Portable 3rd which we never got officially), the return of G Rank (level of difficulty higher than High Rank, originally shown in Freedom Unite), and new things to enjoy. If you've not heard of Monster Hunter before, it's made by Capcom, the same ones who make your Street Fighter games. Monster Hunter is more popular in Japan but there is enough of a demand for it to be here in the US and Europe, the problem is Capcom derps about and doesn't pay attention to us. The only reason we got Tri on the Wii is because Nintendo did something good and pushed to release it themselves, and it ended up being one of the Wii's best sellers (even bundled with CC Pro package can still be bought!). Just look up Monster Hunter Tri on youtube if you need to get an idea of the gameplay you will see in Tri U. Basically you have to actively dodge everything a monster does (solo play or up to a party of 4 online for a hunt), attack its weak spots (there are breaks and things you can cut off like tails!), and so much more than I have time to actively go into right now (gotta get out to college..ugh math). Also the MH musics are just epic, especially for Monsters like Lao Shan Lung and White Fatalis (older games like Unite before Tri) or in Tri itself, Deviljho, Alatreon, etc.... If you want a game where your own skill determines how good you do, look up the Monster Hunter series and fire up your Wii U's (or Wii's again if you still have Tri itself, servers close April).Phaaze7 Jan 27, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 Next big mmo? Hey guys I was wondering what the next big title mmorpg to be coming out is? Or maybe just one you in particular are looking foward to being released. Cheers.Ghoullywog11 Jan 27, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 MajorMud Anyone remember this game? Spent many hours playing this game in highschool....I credit it with teaching me how to type (90WPG baby!!) Anywho just bored at work, wanted to see if anyone else wanted to reminisce with me.Kronik2 Jan 27, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 Nintendo Direct 1.23.2013 Nintendo has some big plans for the Wii U this year. Honestly I nearly had a heart attack looking at some of the games they are coming out with this year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MzG6lDA1A0 http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/01-23-2013/ Some of my highlights. - LoZ Wind Waker HD - Bayonetta 2 - Shin-Megami Tensie X Fire Emblem - New RPG from Monolith Soft - Yoshi Wii U No Smash Bros. news until E3, but this is already a great line-up.Ghirahim11 Jan 27, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 Which combo will run wow better? A AMD A-8 series processor with a 1.9ghz and a AMD Radeon HD 7640G discrete-class graphics card or a Intel 3rd generation core i3 with a 2.4ghz and a mobile Intel hd graphics card?Pandaid1 Jan 27, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 Tax refund amd build I have read countless forums and could care less of the intel amd rivalry they each have there pros and cons. I decided amd right now becuase its the best bang for your buck in my opinion. Besides the point though. Here is my build as of right now till I get my re fund. Looking to spend under 900 bucks and I have windows 7 already from a buddy and a 500gb hd. This computer will only be for games and nothing to major. Mostly wow and maybe some counter http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zD8C I would love any input and love to read into things so be discriptive and if you can show me a better build for the same price or close to, please do. Thanks in advance.Roider15 Jan 27, 2013
Jan 26, 2013 Building a PC! I am a frequent game player (WoW, Minecraft) but I am also a frequent art-maker and I am going to college this year for animation! So, here's the deal: I need a PC capable of handling art programs (Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI, Adobe Flash), but I would also really like to play WoW on ultra settings comfortably! Currently I CAN run WoW on ultra settings (with the exception of texture resolution and view distance, which only go up to fair), but the frame rate is literally 1 FPS. I'm usually fine on all low settings, but it can get a bit laggy here and there while in Stormwind or in a dungeon. As far as art programs, sometimes things will stop responding. Also sometimes it will take like 5 minutes just to save a little progress on a drawing in SAI. This happens especially frequently when I'm on the internet or playing music at the same time. I am totally aware that the PC I have right now is way overdue for chucking out. However, I bought an nVIDIA GeForce 6200 GPU last year, and I'm wondering if it's worth it to keep it around instead of trashing it along with the PC. This is what I'm thinking for the build! Tell me if I can get a better deal or if something's not good enough! I hear that this game isn't very demanding so I'm sure there are a few things I can save money on. Also, is there any component I'm forgetting? GPU: nVIDIA GeFore GTX 650 CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H 4 GB RAM Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX600 600W Also, does the OS really matter? I have Windows XP right now. Is it going to affect anything? Thanks for reading and for the help, guys! I'm really looking forward to building a PC I can really be proud of and use without so much stress!Yuefeng12 Jan 26, 2013
Jan 26, 2013 Thoughts on this computer? Will this be able to run wow in ten and 25 man raids with little to no lag on all low settings? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP---Pavilion-17.3%26%2334%3B-Laptop---4GB-Memory---640GB-Hard-Drive---Sparkling-Black/7337048.p?id=1218840175098&skuId=7337048Pandaid3 Jan 26, 2013
Jan 26, 2013 Need help with settings in WOW Hey everybody, I just got a new PC and while I am installing WOW I was wondering if y'all know on what settings I could play with it. It is a HP 3rd Generation Intel Core - I7-3770 12GB DDR3 System memory GeForce GT 630 I don't know a lot about PC's but I think I7 and 12 GB sounds good lol ... Any Ideas ?? ThanksGlauser10 Jan 26, 2013
Jan 26, 2013 5 Free dota 2 keys to give away I logged into my steam today and found I had 5 dota2 keys to give away. I hope it is 5 keys well anyway if you are interested in them feel free to add me on Bnet Fearthebeard#1642Skillcoìl2 Jan 26, 2013
Jan 26, 2013 Computer Temperatures How can I check the temperatures of my computer?? Also; what temperatures should I be getting?Allimin2 Jan 26, 2013
Jan 26, 2013 AMD Driver 13.1 Anyone else notice a big performance boost when updating yesterday? I saw a 10-20fps boost alone.Lillèth13 Jan 26, 2013
Jan 26, 2013 I'm upgrading my 3ds SD card to this http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=186_692_1242&products_id=20225 I just wanted to know from anyone else who has upgraded if this is an acceptable card and if there is a certain format it should be (fat16, fat32 etc) Thanks in advance! :)Wagnus0 Jan 26, 2013
Jan 26, 2013 Wildman Check it out, a new ARPG/RTS by GPG. The latest video update explains a lot about the game. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gaspoweredgames/wildman-an-evolutionary-action-rpg?ref=liveOuchii0 Jan 26, 2013
Jan 26, 2013 looking for some freindly imput on a new pc Hi all, Just wanted some feed back on a new computer im looking at buying, to replace this box of crap im currently using ive had nothing but issues on this for the 3 years ive had this and now the PSU I playing up I think not sure all I know is have to hit the top of the pc occasionally to get it to work. Never again am I buying premade pc : anyway here are the details CPU: INTEL I7 – 3770K (Thought i could overclock it in a couple of years time to make it last a couple extra years for the extra $50) MainBoard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UDSH-WB, Has Wifi in which i need seeing i must use wifi to connect to the net, because of the location of my phone line which is too far to run an Ethernet cable too to make it tidy id need about 20 meters. Im currently using a tplink usb stick which looks untidy I seem to knock it a lot seeing its stick out the front usb port. 16 GB or DDR 3 1600 RAM ( Corsair ) 750 WATT Corsair PSU GTX 660 Ti (windforce) NVidia Graphics Card (I prefer Nvidia over ATI so i didn’t even look at the ati counterparts, just a personal preference had some bad experience with ati and just want to stay clear from them) thought about the gtx 680 but i don’t want to pay that much for a card that im likely to replace in the next year. HDD: Samsung 840 pro series 250GB SSD, I only need 120 GB going by my current HDD usage. I'm still not sure about this, but its suppose to be a bit faster and more reliable than the old 7200 rpm style HDDs. Windows 8. This is was a toss up, in the end i thought 8 because its suppose to be the more modern os, and im guess the next dx will come on 8, and mite not come to 7. The system is going to cost me about $1800. I think its good and pretty sure its going to be damn site better then my current box of crap.Fireflyz1 Jan 26, 2013
Jan 26, 2013 Dual Monitor Reccomendations Hi, I recently built my first gaming rig and have all the parts on the way to my house right now. though I am wondering what is the best 600 series EVGA/Nvidia video card for duel monitors. I am on a 400 dollar budget for the video card so please consider. Thanks!Banidan15 Jan 26, 2013
Jan 25, 2013 Best laptops for around $450? I know I will not get a amazing computer with this price range but I can't spend more than 450. What laptops will run world of warcraft the best for this price? I'm looking for something to be able to handle 10 man raids and 25 man raid finder without lag on all low settings? Preferably windows 8.Pandaid1 Jan 25, 2013
Jan 25, 2013 looking to upgrade my computer i bought a dell about a year ago, and im looking to upgrade for better game performance, being a construction worker, i have no idea where to begin with doing my own research but im looking to get the best upgrades for the amount i have to spend (budget of around $700), the computer runs fine set at medium i generally get around 100 fps, sometimes i have a little lag, but im not sure if thats internet service or the computer (is there a way to test this?) is it worth upgrading the computer or saving a little more and forking out the money to buy a new one? i also understand that i will likely have to upgrade my power supply in order to upgrade motherboard/video card/ etc in order for them to run properly. one more thing, ive always played with a standard mouse, and have different healing spells bound to different mouse button combo's (shift-right click, ctrl-right click. etc.) is it worth buying a naga? i know people seem to love them, but i just can get over the fact of those tiny buttons being so close together and accidentally pressing the wrong button when im in a jam.Damper3 Jan 25, 2013