Games, Gaming and Hardware

Jan 18, 2013 WoW fps question, please help My old laptop's screen broke, but it doesn't matter much because whenever i played WoW on it the fps would drop down to 0-4 whenever i was in pvp, raiding, or crowded cities. the only time the fps was playable was when i was out in the open alone in questing zones (i would get 19-20 fps at the most during those times when i was alone in the open) All i'm looking for is to get a guaranteed 15-20 fps (at the least) while in raids, pvp, or cities (I do not care if i have to play on all low settings either, it'd be nice to be on anything above low though) anyways, I have tried looking for a new Laptop or maybe a desktop or even a desktop build, but this is the lowest priced option i could find that Might meet the WoW's requirements for playable FPS. (I don't understand computer specs or parts) I am not tech savy in anyway. This is the cheapest deal i could find on something that Looks like it's specs might handle a playable FPS on WoW, it is a $379 Laptop. Will this Laptop be able to play WoW with acceptable FPS when i am in raiding, pvp, cities, and whatnot? Samsung AMD Dual-Core A6-4400M Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon HD 7520G graphics 4GB DDR3 memory 500GB Serial ATA II hard drive (5400 rpm) (There are alot more details about what the laptop includes and it's features/specs but these seemed be the only relevant ones) I have posted all over different forums and sites trying to get help with this. Some people say that this laptop will assure me the playable fps i'm looking for, some people say there are certain things about this laptop that will give me bad laggy fps like my old laptop, some people say it would be cheaper to just build a desktop off of new egg.com and i looked that up and it always seems to come out to being more expensive than the laptop. I am on a budget and cannot go over $400. can anyone assure me this laptop will meet my needs of atleast 15-20 fps in pvp, raiding, and crowded cities? or is there a cheaper and better computer or a cheaper/better desktop build? if so, please do explain. any and all help extremely appreciated, thanks in advance.Erebor24 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Computer help So my pc died this week after 4 hard years and I am in the market for a new one, All i really do on my pc is play wow, youtube, watch streamers etc. I am a complete moron when it comes to computers.. Any recommendations on what i should ask the store for. I don't need top of the line but i don't want lag either. Thank youJustamage3 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Video card ideas please My wife just gave me the green light to upgrade her desktop with a video card. This is a link to her current stock unit with the exception of a new 450watt psu. http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/asus-essentio-cm5571-br003/4507-3118_7-33964722.html Not looking to break the bank just boost its ability to play WoW and WoTanks. Poor thing only gets 10fps at best in either game currently. :( I know the processor isn't a rocket but its what I have to work with at this time. I'm currently running an GTS250 OC in my system and may give it a try in hers to see what the processor is capable of to help better educate myself and provide all of you with more info. TY all in advance for your input :)Gotenks4 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 super frustrated using this wireless adapter, when I got my pc from cyber power it worked perfectly with the adapter, but now when I open WoW my signal drops to 2 bars and I'm not able to play, then my signal completely goes off. However, when I close WoW its full bars and works perfectly. Really frustrated, help!!!Staceydtf2 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Question about FRAPS and OBS Hey everyone, got my computer put together recently, and I'm having issues with FRAPS and OBS. Fraps, I have tried almost all of the FPS synchronizations, and the same thing happens - when I watch it, it lags out for a sec then moves on, does this a few time. What FPS should I be using? OBS, When I watch the quality back on the stream, It's pretty terrible quality - here's the settings. Quality - 10 Bitrate - 1050 on both. My upload varies from 1.24 - 1.44 DL is about 12 Base Resolution - 1920x1080 Resolution Downscale - 1280x720 FPS - 60 x264 CPU Preset - veryfast Example - http://www.twitch.tv/jarastar2/b/357647882 Just want the pixels to go away :(Lillèth1 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Defiance Beta Anybody excited for this at all? There's going to be a beta event from the 18th through the 20th. If you make an account at mmorpg.com, you can nab a free beta key and try it out this friday.(am I allowed to refer people to other websites?) Anyways, i'm excited and looking forward to seeing what it brings to the table. How about you guys?Stroguenoff5 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 My pc build what do you guys think... Hey guys so this is my pc build I have $100 left what do you think I should improve and I am not too sure about the monitor i want a 27"-30" but i want to know what monitor looks crystal clear and is true hd with a low response time I am in australia BTW so i am getting all my parts from a shop called MSY give me prices from amazon if you want and I'll compare CPU: Intel i5-3570K 227 MOTHERBOARD: Asus P8Z77-V-Pro 215 GRAPHICS CARD: Gigabyte 2G 7870 Radeon 249 RAM: 2 x 8G Kit 1600 G.Skill Ripjaws-X (16GB) 104 MONITOR: 27” 5ms Acer V273HL 229 HARD DRIVE: Seagate SATA 3 1TB 73 WIRELESS ADAPTER: TP-Link WN822N 24 CD/DVD: Samsung SATA DVD RW 19 CPU COOLER: Coolermaster Hyper 212 V8 54 CASE: Thermaltake V4 USB 3.0 with power supply 74 (Make sure case has power supply) SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 125 TOTAL: $1393Bôost5 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Best laptops for around $400? I'm looking to buy a laptop and I can't spend over 400, so please don't say there are none. I'm looking for what the BEST are for around 400. And by best I mean for wow and just general things.Pandaid7 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Time to upgrade the video card.But which one? There are just so many available now! I've spent the last few hours looking around and trying to find the right one but I think I am just to out of touch with the market. I need halp! I built my pc a few years ago and back then I was with it but today, I am not. My current card is an 8500 GT so I'm quite sure just about anything will be an upgrade, though I want the best bang for my buck! Ive got a 2.20 Ghz AMD phenom quad core chip and 450 W PS ( I think). My max budget is at $100. These are the two cards I was able to scout out. This is a GT 640 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3828325&CatId=7387 This is a 7770 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3995595&csid=_61 Are there better cards available for my price range and if so what are those cards? I'm hoping to get much higher frame rates and I'd like to run my settings much higher as well.Zinzai12 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Build your Army, Trust No one...! Least of all, that green guy over there named "Sandek", he's got a group of guys who have 30% chances to Instakill, with weapons that hit twice... and there is no "Nihil" to protect you!-- RNG Difficulty is Real Difficulty. This is PVP. (Streetpass Battles... they're not really PvP, sadly) Oh, that dragon, err.. Grima... he's dangerous too. I think he wants to Genocide all of humanity. What? There's a cult who worship him? Typical. Kill 'em with new battle powers like Pair Up. Although, I wouldn't put much faith in that Marth dude. I'm fairly certain he's a "she", and is possibly a time-traveling swordswoman. (Oh, Roy's been seen floating around. So is Ike. And Ike's kid. (lol people who thought Ike was gay) (And Seliph, and Leif! You've probably never heard of those two!)) The 3DS Juggernaut.... Fire Emblem: Awakening... it's coming... soon. Very, soon. And there's a Demo. Play that ****. You won't regret it. (Unless you hate good games or something.)Cuiyifei2 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Static with Turtle Beach X12 It uses input/ouput and is powered via USB. The only sound card I have is from my motherboard, at least I think it has an on-board sound card, it's a BIOSTAR B75+. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.Rilaks10 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 In process of Building! This is currently what im building. Have all the parts and some i have had for awhile. -mouse -keyboard -monitor But this is the computer i am building right now. Should be bad !@#. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wOJWAwraithius17 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Does this build work NZT Phantom black case---http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146079 Barracuda 1 tb hardrive---http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840 GTX 680---http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130771 Seasonic X powersupply---http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088 Thermal paste---http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835100007 Ripjawx 8gb ram---http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428 AsRockz77 motherboard---http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293 I5 ivy bridge 3.4ghz---http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504 Cpu cooler 212 Evo---http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099 Samsung 840 SSD---http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147189 This was a build i was looking at getting, and this is for more than just wow Anything im forgetting or if anyone has any experience with these parts please leave a response thanks.Ihuntedu4 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Which mmo are you looking forward to? Title says it all. Are any of you looking forward to future mmo's? Which are they and when is the estimated release date? The mmo version of State of Decay has me interested a bit. No idea on a release date though.Ruck11 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Bios flash. Help needed Hey everyone, I'm currently upgrading my Dell inspiron 570 for a better WoW experience. My current (stock) steup is: Dell Inspiron 570 w/ Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Radeon 4200 Intergrated GPU AMD Athlon ll X2 250 CPU 2 X 2GB DDR3 Ram 300W PSU My new configuration is going to be: Dell Inspiron 570 w/ Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit EVGA GeForce GTX 650Ti 1GB GDDR5 GPU AMD Phenom X2 560 CPU 4 X 2GB DDR3 Ram 500W PSU My questions are: 1.) Whetheror not I am going to have to flash my BIOS for the new CPU, and if I do, how do I do that on a Dell w/ Windows 7? (if it makes a Difference) I'm asking for a little patience, keep in mind I'm new to this stuff and have never even touched BIOS before, so I have no idea what I'm doing, so please be as speific as possible. 2.) In what order is it best to install all my upgrades? I've heard you should always flash the BIOS first (however I do that...), then I'm guessing install the CPU and PSU and reboot to configre the new CPU? Then install the new GPU and RAM and run the installation Disc for the new GPU? I'm just taking a shot in the dark with all of this so I'm looking for all of the help I can get. As always, thanks in advanceKenshosan16 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 New Rig:Loud Fan Startup? Underperforming? Desktop Specs: (DXDIAG) Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_rtm.120725-1247) BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/17/12 17:26:44 Ver: 04.06.05 Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz Memory: 16384MB RAM Available OS Memory: 16292MB RAM Page File: 2058MB used, 16536MB available DirectX Version: DirectX 11 Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6818) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Type: Full Device Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6818&SUBSYS_E241174B&REV_00 Display Memory: 9906 MB Dedicated Memory: 2017 MB Shared Memory: 7889 MB Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model: SyncMaster Monitor Id: SAM05C5 Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz) Output Type: HDMI Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) Default Sound Playback: Yes Default Voice Playback: Yes Hardware Summary: CPU:ATI Radeon FX 8120 3.1GHZ GPU: AMD Radeon 7870 2GB DDR5 PCI-E 3.0 (Sapphire OC Edition) Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE AMD970A AM3+ USB3 SATA 3MB Cooling: Case Fan 120MM Asetek 5120LC 120 MM RAM: Patriot Viper III 4GB 1866 MHZ Memory (x4) Hardrive: 1TB SATA III 7200 RPM 3.5" QUESTION 1: Hey guys so around Christmas time I received a new desktop as a gift. After a week or so of gaming I noticed that upon a cold start up the what seems to be the fan is extremely loud. After a minute or so it calms down and goes back to a normal and quiet speed. Ive searched the forums and have acknowledge the possibility that this could be the optical drive as well but I am not entirely sure. Before the issue I have not had any overheating problems or changed an bios/fan speeds to cause this issue. I would like to know your input on this issue and the quickest and easiest way to get it fixed. I am leaving for school in a few days and would prefer not having to send it back to the company as it would take FOREVER to get it back. (Unless its that major of an issue where I should just simply return the entire desktop). QUESTION 2: I have been playing WoW on this computer for a couple of weeks now and was just curious what level of performance I should expect. In crowded areas like Org and in front of Org I get about 30-44 during peak time. Arena 60-100. 25 Man raids/SHA is where I see a huge performance drop. I have gotten as low as 25 fps and as high as 60+ fps idle. I looked at my task manager and it seems as if the game only uses about 8-12% of my CPU. I understand that WoW is a very cpu heavy game and ATI builds are not as well optimized for gaming as Intel builds. However, with the GPU/CPU in my desktop i felt that i should definitely be receiving better performance in game. My temps are usually well below the thresh hold and the core package's highest temp reached was 62 degrees after 8hrs+ of gaming. My settings in game are Ultra except View distance and Shadows which are set to high. I also have multisampling set to 4x. I have also talked to a guildie of my who claims with pretty much the same exact build that he receives as high as 100+ fps in most areas and last night during peak time in org only dropped down to about mid 70's. Should I be getting better performance in game or am I lacking in some area of hardware? Thanks again for the help in advance. TreTré6 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 upgrade to intel lowering fps I just upgraded my computer to an intel 3570k from an AMD Phenom X4 960t. Thought I would get a small bump in fps but instead my fps seemed to have dropped and I just can't figure out why. I used to consistently get 50-60 fps normal questing in Pandaria on mostly ultra settings (shadows, sunshafts and SSAO set to high). With the upgrade I'm now often dropping into the high 30s and low 40s. My previous setup: AMD Phenom II X4 960T (slightly overclocked) ASUS M4N74-E Motherboard Nvidia 660ti 4gb ram Samsung 830 SSD My new setup: Intel 3570k ASRock Extreme 4 Nvidia 660ti 8gb ram Samsung 830 SSD I basically swapped in the new motherboard/cpu/ram and installed the drivers from ASRock's website. When I noticed the lower fps I also updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest. No real change. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.Drattz3 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Can you draw/sprite? Then look here. I'm looking for a partner to help with a very interesting project. Specifically, I'm modding for a video game. I can pretty much do all the coding and make whatever is sprited, work, but I'm not particularly very good at spriting elaborate images. They aren't really actually that hard to draw. It's very basic spriting but I don't have much artistic skills. I'm looking for someone who would like to collaborate (and be rewarded as such) on a modding project for another game (I'll give you the name later, you might even own it. I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here). If you are interested, post here, I'll get a hold of you (usually through skype). Trust me, if you can do this, you won't regret this offer. It's really fun to do.Electrovibe2 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 closed closedMootilator0 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Laptop that can play Cat at Ultra settings? I'm looking at two laptops. First, this one. The cheaper of the two. http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6891953&CatId=4938 Secondly, this one. A beast, but 1200+ dollars after taxes. http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=416893&sku=M455-11002%20CA Any thoughts? If I can manage with the cheaper one, I'm gonna get it, but as I can't really seem to find a 'wow ultra settings' guideline online, I figured I'd ask here.Gazbang33 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Upgrading my PC, looking for feedback!!! Ok, so after hours of research and learning A LOT about PC hardware (felt like i was back in school lol) I think I understand enough to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 570 to run WoW on ultra settings (hoping for a steady 40-50 FPS?). I'm posting this to get some conformation just to make sure this will all work before I spend the money. My current setup is as follows: PC: Stock Dell Inpsiron 570 w/ Windows 7 64bit OS Processor: Athlon x2 250 CPU Graphics: ATI Radeon™ HD 4200 onboard graphics card Memory: 2 x 2Gb DDR3 DIMM SDRAM Power source: 300W PSU My upgrades and reasoning for them: 1.) Based on other peoples reccomendations I've chosen a Radeon HD 6670. It's an inexpensive card but should be more than capable of playing WoW at maxed out ultra. 2.) I thought maybe I could just upgrade my video card, but the card requires 400W, so I'm going to upgrade my PSU as well to a 500W to be safe (allowing for future upgrades). 3.) If I upgrade those two components it is my understanding it will create a "bottleneck effect" and my Athlon x2 250 CPU won't be able to keep up, so I'm upgrading to a Athlon x4 640 CPU, which I believe will work much better. 4.) My PC has 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 DIMM SDRAM, so I'm going with one more 2GB card (allowing for future upgrades). 5.) I'm also going to be running an HDMI 21.5"screen for WoW and an a standard VGA 19" screen for simultaneous gaming and web surfing. My only real problem that I have is that after researching and discovering a CPU and GPU are different components (who knew?) I can't seem to find if the new Graphics cards' GPU will be enough, or if there is a secondary GPU on my mothereboard somewhere that also needs upgrading. Or am I way off and the GPU is currently part of my onboard graphics card, so all I need is the new Radeon 6670? These upgrades aren't to expensive but all appear to be neccessary, i.e. replace one, and it's highly reccommeded I replace them all in order to run at max performance without putting any unneccessary stress on one item. (Kind of frustrating) If my understanding of this stuff is correct and my parts list seems like it will all work together, please post a reply. Thanks to everyone who helped me out previously (Powerrshock and Kalganzied for the specs. and parts reccommendations). And everyone else who helped steer me away from buying an Alienware (I am saving a lot of money). As always any feedback is greatly appreciated since I'm still new at this.Kenshosan14 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Razer Naga Hex, do i need Razer Game pad? Buying a Razer Naga Hex but im curios as to should I buy a Razer mouse pad? I hear that the mouse for the most part does not work well with other game pads. Mouse - http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-naga-hexDashvar3 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Hockey Games So what hockey games have been made where you can switch to the goalie and control it? Back in the day when video rental stores were around, I'd rent hockey games and play it with my oldest brother and he'd go "It's rigged. Can't control the goalie" And I too noticed a pattern too. I know Blades of Steel for the NES. I'd try to get that game again and a NES (or a retro console if it plays on one without any problems) off of eBay. We played that game too when I had an NES and had no problems like that because the goalie was player controlled!!! It may be old and graphics antiquated, but the game play....yeah...A+Magicmac0 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 moving cases i have an acer apsire x1430g it is a small computer http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/desktop/2011/acer/aspire/AspireX1430G/AspireX1430Gsp2.shtml I'm looking to move it into a new case in order to have room to install a radeon hd 5450 graphics card and im wondering if there are any cheap cases that can fit maybe around 30$. Not sure what other info i need to put in here. Help is appreciated thanksKillertribes3 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Graphics help I want to buy a computer around 600-700 running ultra and i thought this would work http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-i3-3220-3-3Ghz-nVidia-Geforce-GTX-560-Custom-Gaming-Computer-PC-/130823157807?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item1e75aaf82f If so what fps would i be playing at in bgs and arena ... if not then what else can i buy pre built for around 600-700?Frat20 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Lord of the Rings Online Anyone playing this game here on the forums? I played it upon release and for about a year after that then switched to WoW. My question is, if you are a current subscriber/player of LoTRO is it worth installing again and playing? There are some really good MMO's out there that I loved played; however the issue wasn't the game it was just there weren't a lot of others to play with, group with, dungeons...etc. EDIT: And I appreciate all feedback, however, "It's f2p just download it and see for yourself" isn't a viable answer because I don't want to go through downloading lord knows how much data just to find out that it isn't what I wanted.Elenor1 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Noob looking for advice/help with first PC Hello. I am looking to build my first custom PC intended, obviously, for gaming. Right now I run an early 2009 Macbook Pro for pretty much everything (school, gaming, etc.) and it's starting to fall apart so I thought it was time to get a real gaming computer and stop dying inside whenever I visit the "System Requirements" page when I look at a new game. I intend to buy the parts, primarily from Newegg, and have a friend put it together for me. I don't really know too much about computer hardware but I know the basics so I had another friend make a build for me. Just wanted to get some feedback/advice/change suggestions/etc. on this build. I have about $1400 set aside for personal use but I don't really want to spend all of it so I'd say $1200 is my ballpark budget. But if I have to, I wouldn't mind going over for better performance or improvements. Looking for a high-end build that will last me a few years, play WoW and most recent games on Ultra, etc. etc. Thanks for any help! Case: Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0 Monitor: Asus VH238H Black 23" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight LCD Monitor w/Speakers CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.5GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500 BX80637I53450 Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard Video Card: EVGA 01G-P3-1460-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Power Supply: PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 500W Modular 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Optical Drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM Total: $1,033.91Kazwalker21 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Let's start a fight: ATI versus Nvidia So I'm building a new budget gaming system and I'm at the point where I'm choosing the graphics card. Since WoW owns my life, Does one chipset have a significant advantage in WoW? I'm looking in the 150-230 range.Aponyia7 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 final fantasy 11 new xpac question so i play ff11 off and on since release, never really got serious about the game but when im bored with wow, ff11 is usally the game i go after. i have all the xpacs and none of the addons or other small xpacs they have released like the abyssa stuff. if i have what i have installed now and i buy the digital download which gives me the new xpac and all of everything else that they have released, addons and all the abyssa stuff will i be able to play everything from my current account and current characters i have right now or would i have to start all over again?Competent1 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 New CPU cooler Thinking about gettin the Cooler Master Hyper 212+, got a Thermaltake V3 Black edition case, just wondering if it'll fit in the case, looks kinda big. Also is it worth it to upgrade to the Hyper 212 EVO?Jakkhammer5 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Upgrading Graphics Card. Any Advice? I am looking to upgrade my computer a bit by installing 2-4 more GB's of Ram, and also looking to buy a new graphics card. My price range for the graphics card is roughly 100-200$. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks. ~ TylarrTylarr11 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Upgrading My video Card I have been looking around quite a lot, and I think I have come to the conclusion I want the Zotac GTX 660 Ti (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500269). The biggest reasoning being size, I built my computer quite some time ago (upgrading from a HD 5770) and have the CM Storm Scout case (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119196). The case is a smaller medium case and most cards out today I don't think could fit in it, but the Zotac 660 is only 7.5 inches long. I just wanted some quick feedback from anyone that is running a 660 Ti, or have had better recommendations. My price limit is $300.Wäcko2 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 New computer So one of my co workers is planning on buying a new computer. She wants it to be able to play wow and all the expansions and doesn't want to spend anymore than she has to. She will plan on either buying from dell or a retail short where we live. I'm looking for anyone with any suggestions as to where to go as far as the best bang for her buck.Abilities7 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 State of Mindoreargasmic I ordered a razer electra headset last friday and it came in this morning; so i opened the box up with joy like a kid in a candy store and hooked everything up and turned on my music to test it out. my response is.... im currently in a state of ''mindoreargasmic''. Average price; not too expensive and the cord linings are flexible along with comfort for your ears. If anyone is new to headsets like me and always used the cheap $20 ones in the past; this change is like night and day.Bubbaboomkin1 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 New DMC Anyone finished this yet?Mattee0 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 Best Free Chat Service to use? Our Guild doesn't have a chat server right now, but I don't want to have to pay for a Vent server cause I'm not sure if enough Guildies will even use the Chat. Is there any other program where I could make a free server so we could have a private Guild Chat Server? I looked into Mumble and Raidcall. Mumble servers seem to have to be run right off the machine, meaning my computer would have to constantly be on for people to be able to use it whenever. Raidcall stores the rooms on their own main Server, so it seems like the best choice so far, but I've heard of people getting banned because of Raidcall's overlay being interpreted as a cheat/hack... Any help would be great. Thanks!Cristofer22 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 Adobe Customer service Bloody F'in Useless I placed an Order to upgrade my CS 4 to CS 6 back in November and these useless bastards still can't process the damn thing properly. Anyone else have nothing but massive headaches dealing with these people.Drakmor0 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 Power Supply question I'm sorta new to building computers and such, and have a quick question about power supplies. Right now I have a 300W and I'm planning on upgrading it in the near future. But right now I want to upgrade my processor and ram. If everything runs fine with the 300w and all the stuff I have right now, would a 300w support the upgrade I want to do? I'm upgrading my processor to Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge 3570k 3.4ghz (3.8ghz turbo) from an Intel Core i5 Sandy Bridge 2300 2.8ghz I'm also upgrading my RAM from 6gb to 16gb. Would these upgrades require me to upgrade my PSU too? Or would the only thing that really makes a difference be a graphics card upgrade? (I'm going to get a new PSU saturday, but I have the RAM/processor today and would like to install them now :P) Also if you need some more specs or anything, feel free to askTalfur1 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 Where to get minecraft? So I got the minecraft PE for Iphone and now I'm hooked on it and was thinking on getting the pc version. Can anyone direct me to where to download it, or should i just go to my local EB games store and get it there? also, how expensive is it? Thanks. FabsFabs2 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 New Build Feedback Hoping for some feedback on a new build: Case - Coolermaster HAF X http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225 Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131818 Processor - Intel core i7-3770 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116502 Video Card - NVidia GeForce GTX 680 (Gigabyte) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125448 Memory - 4x 4gb ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233373 System HD - Samsung 840 pro http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147192 Optical drive - LG Blu-Ray burner http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136249 Total comes to about $1850, plus shipping. Looking for a premium build and willing to pay for it, but want to stay below $2500, Thanks!Lucrystemix3 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 AMD 7850 work with this rig? I have this : http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=fddwrt14h&model_id=inspiron-660&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19 And I want to upgrade to this : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161405&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo But the 66o only has a 300W psu, so I would need something like this : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028 ( If anyone can link a better psu, please do....I didn't look to hard. ) My questions are: Will this card and psu work/fit with the 660 case (its not the slim, its the standard) and motherboard dell stocked mother board? Thanks!!Meatdaddy6 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 LF new GPU - 660 TI Hey there, Currently I'm rocking this setup i5 750 @ 2.67 GHz 4GB RAM windows 64 HD 5770 GPU 500W PSU I'm looking to upgrade my GPU and add about 4 more GB of ram. Would I notice a big difference if I purchased the Gtx 660 Ti? I play mostly WoW and GW2, with some FPS on the side. I've noticed that I get 80+ FPS in every zone except Pandaria, where I average around 30, which isn't bad, but it's getting on my nerves.Eddard12 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 SWTOR So is this game just completely dead? I never hear about anymore since guild wars 2 was releasedSmoovie66 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 Help with my newly built computer!!! Ok this is the first computer i've ever built. I THINK I plugged everything in correctly but I can't be sure on my first build. The problem is its getting no power. I did notice the 24 pin connector is pretty loose and comes out very easily. If i wiggle it a little I can see the power supplys LED light flicker on and off. PLEASE HELP!!!Uhlone13 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 Wireless routers that don't suck. So back in mid 2009 I bought a draft N router for $120 from Belkin. It was an awful two years of resetting the stupid thing. Should have gotten rid of it within the first year but the money investment kept me holding out. I made a switch to a dual band Netgear router which was a better experience but seems lately to have issues with Apple products and iOS6 (switching in and out of lte and wifi) today. So i'm going to make some assumptions and feel free to agree or not. 1. Being an early adopter of wireless standards was/is a bad idea 2. Consumer Wireless routers is absolutely some of the most unstable tech devices ever made 3. Cutting edge = buggy 4. Custom Firmware by almost all router manufacturers tend to be crap. 5. Mid priced routers last two years at the most with heavy networking (8 wireless devices, one wired with always one or two connected) With THAT said, if you're following me here and you possibly agree, then is there such thing as a fabled router with decent features, good performance and a reasonable expectation of stability? Can the bi-weekly router reset monster be tamed? I was looking at an Airport Extreme (Wireless printing, gigabit wired for streaming HD video, simple non bloated firmware). The networking community scoffs at the price tag and performance but always seem to overlook the power cycling and buggy connection issues on their favorite brands which irritate me. So what say you? is there such thing as being reliably wireless?Rägnarök1 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 My computer is having a mid-life crisis! A couple months before WotLK released back in 2010, I bought an HP computer for school/gaming with the intention of keeping it for 5 years before building a whole new rig. As a student that knew nothing about computers (still don't really) I just bought what sounded good for a price that I could afford, and came with microsoft windows and office. It ran like a dream during Lich King, but with the last 2 expansions I can feel it slowing down.I told myself I'd throw in a few upgrades about halfway through that 5 year time-frame, and luckily that time has come and my W-2s did too! Here's a bit of info about the computer. I tried to find out as much as possible so I could get the best advice without wasting peoples' time. Model: hpe-400z Motherboard: H-RS880-uATX (Aloe) CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 635 2.9 Ghz (no L3 cache, 95w TDP) HDD: 750 GB 7200 rpm something RAM: 6GB (3 x 2GB) 1333-DDR3 GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4850 1GB PSU: 460w made by Delta, which is probably bad since I thought airplanes were their thing. It has 33A to the 12v rails (18 + 15) and 1 - 6 pin connector. What I want my computer to do: Mostly just web surfing, and gaming. Typical games I play aren't too demanding. WoW, Diablo 3, GW2, etc. If the right RTS game comes along, I'd play it, but mostly games like I mentioned. No shooters or anything like that. My first thing I'd like to get would be an SSD just for the quality of life changes it would bring. I was looking at the Samsung 830/840/pro. Is this a good choice? I read getting a 64 GB isn't worth it, so I'd be going with the next size up. The second thing on my list was a new video card. Initially I was going to go with the HD 7750, but when I opened up my case, I discovered I had much more than the 300W junk box I expected. The 7850 looks great, but might be pushing it on my mystery Delta PSU. Luckily there's a HD 7770 right in the middle, and even a factory overclocked one. I think it actually runs on less power than my current card also. Would this be the best for me to safely run, or do you think I could get by with the 7850? My third and final upgrade I was considering was a new processor. My Athlon II x 4 635 is ok, but I've discovered it has no L3 cache. I don't know what that means, but I read that it gives a nice boost to gaming. I think the best CPU my motherboard can handle is the Phenom II x 4 965 Black Edition (3.4 GHz). They're under $100, which is nice. Would I notice a difference? I don't want to get a new GPU just to have it gimped by my CPU, but I don't want to throw money away either. Considering WoW is more CPU heavy than GPU, it seemed like it may be worthy. If it comes into play, I believe this CPU is 125W TDP. My budget isn't really strict, but I was looking to spend $300 or so. Maybe $400. If I spend more than that I feel like I might as well build a new computer. TLDR version, I'm gonna get an SSD. Can I get a 7850 also, or is my PSU a liability? If I can, I assume getting a more power hungry processor is a bad idea. Would I see better results from a 7770 and the 965BE than I would from just the 7850 even if that was an option? Any ideas or thoughts other than what I've thrown out there are welcome and appreciated. And to my afwul computer, the next 2.5 years are gonna be even better than the first 2.5! Thanks to whoever reads this for spending your valuable time on me. -StamperStamper6 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 Neverwinter Nights Style I'm looking for Neverwinter Nights style game(s), been a long while since I've picked up a single player game. Anyone know of new releases or fairly new games that are similar in play style?Brassbolt4 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 My Black Ops emblem http://imgur.com/Vh3ML I am very proud of this, did it all myself, no guides online show how to make this. I am a little disappointed with missing things in it like the line from the mouth to the nose and the other hair on the beard but other than that it's perfect!Kegs6 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 Help prototype fans! Hey, the merchendise store on the prototype 2 website has been down for some time, is it gone forever?Werewoof0 Jan 15, 2013
Jan 15, 2013 PvP servers now remind me of Felucca Hello. If you haven't gotten the reference yet, the game i played before coming to wow, was another mmo called Ultima Online. When i played ultima Online, there was two worlds, the terrain was exactly the same for the most part. One was called Trammel, the other Felucca, they were similar to pve servers and pvp servers. Trammel was pve where you can go anywhere and no one can attack you, and Felucca was pvp, where anything goes pretty much. There was portals that separated the two worlds, there was a eerie sound that played when entering Felucca, plus all the trees were dead. You may be asking yourself, if both worlds were the same, why would anyone enter the pvp one, well, the incentive for entering Felucca was 2x normal resources. Plus if you enjoyed pvp, or ganking it was the place to be. One thing that made UO PvP more interesting, is your gear, you could insure your items, so when you die, people can't loot them off your corpse. Every time you die, it takes so much money from your bank to re-insure them. If you run out of money, your gear is free for all to snatch lol. Felucca was a giant free for all for the most part, people ganked crafters there to take advantage of the 2x resources, ganked folks working champ spawns. They ganked folks on there way in or out of dungeons, everything. There was also something called champ spawns, it's similar to world bosses, except you had to work a idle by killing trash for so long to get the boss to appear. Gankers would wait for the people to work the boss out, then kill them and the boss and steal the loot. One class i always wanted to get into but never did was a thief, you can stealth around, and steal items in other players bags that wasn't insured. If they caught you, you were dead, but i'm sure the excitement was fun. Anyways, im done now... /end nostalgia.Breell10 Jan 15, 2013