Games, Gaming and Hardware

Nov 27 January PC: Build or buy? ($1500-2500) So I want to get a PC in January with student loan money. I want a Desktop, and my budget is $1500-2500. Something that will run WoW at 10 for years without stutter. I have three routes, building from scratch, building my current PC up, or flat-out buying. Buying: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-battlebox-ultimate-desktop-intel-core-i7-32gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-240gb-ssd-3tb-hdd-white/6128527.p?skuId=6128527 Building: (I already have some parts, like a monitor with sound, a modem, etc., but feel free to modify): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Pg7dpb What do you guys think is the best route? Feel free to modify.Tankaholics10 Nov 27
Nov 27 Laptop specs for decent WoW visuals Hello all! I'm very inexperienced and uninformed in the world of computer hardware but I'm looking into a new laptop as my current macbook is getting old and just recently encountered an issue where it had to be wiped. Still works but I think it's time for an upgrade. In terms of overall usage I primarily surf the web, use photoshop, Microsoft Word, and WoW. I'm not any sort of intense PvP player. I mainly do PvE but nothing serious. Hoping to do M+ and the occasional raid but I'm never looking to be a "realm first" or top ten player or anything so intense. Ideally I'd like to be able to make it through a whole raid smoothly (current macbook struggles heavily in raids, though it did not used to, and some of the struggle may be internet connection) and in terms of visuals I'm fine with doing medium graphics (3-5 on the WoW in-game settings is plenty for me. Higher is nice but not a priority.) Been looking at Dell laptops. I've seen some buzz about the Inspiron gaming laptops but I feel like I don't need anything so specific and intense? WoW is currently the only game I really play on PC (mostly a console gamer), so I feel like the gaming specific laptops might be more hardware (and therefore more money) than I really need? What do you think? Any helpful thoughts or info would be appreciated! Thank you!Sassmasster2 Nov 27
Nov 27 What to do with old PC games? I have games going back all the way to spring 82. Are they worth selling? My wife and I are going through a major clean-up of the house and dumping everything we don't need (you'll be surprised how much stuff you can accumulate in over 40 years). For example, I have the Links golf game with most of the courses, and I know people still play it. And for most of the games, I have the instruction/guide books. So, if anyone knows where there is a place that buys old games, let me know please. ThanksSixsixxsixx9 Nov 27
Nov 26 Monitor Upgrade for 980ti In January 2016, I built a Skylake PC. Here’s the parts picker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Daleweaver/saved/fYmJ7P I had a monitor that I had recently purchased, so I kept it. It is now time to update it. The monitors I am looking at would allow me to take full advantage of 2k gaming, which my system was designed for (though I did not understand that at the time). Three monitors I am looking are Acer Predator x34 Acer Predator XB271HU 27” Asus ROG SWIFT 27” It seems like the x34 would let me take full advantage of my system, but I am concerned about going forward. Would I be better off staying with a 27” or taking the dive for an ultra-wide experience. Thank you in advance for any support you can offer.Rhyndal1 Nov 26
Nov 26 Sandy Bridge Upgrade Suggestions Hey guys, I am currently running a 2500k 16gb ram nvidia 760 gtx 1080p WoW runs fine on it to me on 7. However, I'm passing this setup down to my son who is running an even older rig. So what i am needing is a new CPU, MOBO, RAM, and GPU. I will keep my current case and PSU. I haven't built since I built this one back at Sandy launch. Not sure which upgrade path to take. I have checked other places for benchmarks, but most of the benches no longer test with WoW (at least the ones I could find.) So that makes my budget questionable. About the only things the computer will be used for is WoW and everyday use. I don't want to build a monster top of the line computer for just WoW but I do want it to last at least as long as the 2500k has. Thanks ahead of time for any input or suggestions.Aftershox31 Nov 26
Nov 25 Lenovo Legion 520 vs Asus GL753VE My wife and I have had our Sony Vaio F series laptops for almost 5 years now (i7 2.2ghz chip, GTX540M, 8GB Ram) and all we use them for is WoW (MacBook Pros for normal use). We were in Costco today and saw the titled laptops. I've been looking to get new laptops for us, and as I've researched, the consensus is that WoW really only uses 1 Core and therefore is very dependent on high GHZ CPU's moreso than other games. These 2 laptops both run at 2.8 GHZ with the i7 7700 HQ Chip, and they both have the GTX 1050i 4GB GPU, 16GB RAM, SSD+1TB drives. My question is, which of these 2 should I buy for us, or is there another brand/model I should be looking at in the $1200 range? The Asus is 1200, the Lenovo is 1000. While cost is not really a limiting factor, on principal, I'm just not willing to spend more on 2 laptops we will only use for WoW. https://www.costco.com/ASUS-ROG-GL753VE-Laptop---Intel-Core-i7---4GB-NVIDIA-Graphics---1080p.product.100341998.html https://www.costco.com/Lenovo-LEGION-Y520-Gaming-Laptop---Intel-Core-i7---4GB-NVIDIA-Graphics---1080p.product.100347159.html Thank you for any suggestions.Latakia9 Nov 25
Nov 25 Upgrade Options? I built a pc at Fry's about two years ago and I'm thinking about upgrading the graphics card however I want to be sure it would be compatible. I was considering the 1060 or 1080 AMD FX 8350 MSI 970 Gaming AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard Antec HCG-750M Modular ATX Power Supply 750w Continuous Power Currently has GTX 960Kaylìn2 Nov 25
Nov 25 GPU or CPU These are my specs It’s an older HP Pavillion.. 8gb of ram.. I added ram like 3 years ago CPU- next gen AMD A5 - 5400k GPU- AMD Radeon 75400 I posted in GD and was told to post here. I only play wow on my computer and am looking to play on lower settings 1-3 on wow. As of now with this set up I lose a ton of frame rate in any populated area or raid.. even on the lowest of low settings. I am wondering what I can do to just play wow smoothly on lower settings. Appreciate anyone that helps.Shmingo2 Nov 25
Nov 25 Evaluating AMD w/ WoW now that Ryzen is here. Last year I had posted about AMD CPU's making a comeback and having a strong showing. So, in general, how are folks liking Ryzen along w/ WoW for those who have it. Any issues? I feel confident to upgrade later on this year.Esanelle11 Nov 25
Nov 25 Overwatch loot box is gambling. Belgium says loot boxes are gambling, wants them banned in Europe. Looks like Overwatch can no longer sell Lootboxs soon in the EU http://www.pcgamer.com/belgium-says-loot-boxes-are-gambling-wants-them-banned-in-europe/Khim42 Nov 25
Nov 25 Oculus rift ready? PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tQBsBP Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tQBsBP/by_merchant/ Kagthul helped me out with this, But now I’m wondering abou Ocukus Rift.. Thanks you!! I’m thinking it would be better off with a I5 but I’m a novice.. if an I5 is needed which one? The 7600? I think I have that one in my build. This is for a friend who wants to keep it cheap Thanks in advance!Boddingtonz2 Nov 25
Nov 24 Planning to upgrade my PC Planning to upgrade my PC soon on a budget CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 3.20 GHz Quad Core GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC. And if you need to know my mobo is Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX DDR4. So far i believe i can only upgrade my CPU or GPu at this time. Which should i upgrade first.Vyndridael3 Nov 24
Nov 24 Gaming on a laptop... RAM & screen size I'm looking into buying a nice gaming laptop. I'll mostly use it for work, but I want it to be able to run WoW on ultra settings and I also intend to play ME Andromeda, preferably on higher graphics settings also. I have 2 brief questions: 1) I can save some money (about $60) by downgrading from 16GB (8GBx2) to 8GB (8GBx1) of RAM. I can always upgrade the RAM later, right? so I don't mind saving a small amount now and upgrading later. Will I see a noticeable performance decrease from 16GB to 8GB? 2) I can save a couple hundred bucks by getting the 15" version of the same machine...same CPU, same GPU, same HDD, same SSD. Literally the only difference is a smaller monitor. I will NOT be using a multi-screen setup, so the size of the computer monitor is what I get. I like big screens. Has anyone spent time on both a 15" screen and a 17" screen and noticed much of a difference? Thanks all!Bærkat5 Nov 24
Nov 24 Buying prebuilt, need opinions - I'm looking at buying this (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-1tb-hard-drive-black-red/5657426.p?skuId=5657426) to replace my toshiba laptop that's 5 years old, and was wondering if it'll run wow on med-high settings during raids and get 30-60fps. I've never owned a true gaming PC, so this is a first for me, so any input would be appreciated. That being said, if there are any equivalent desktops for the same or less $$, I'm all ears. This is also an option, but once again, not sure if it's up to the standard for Legion. http://www.microcenter.com/product/483453/Nightblade_MIB_Desktop_Computer# Please don't suggest building.Öcotillo29 Nov 24
Nov 23 Using obsolete parts for WoW So some posts as of lately been asking if a $100 PC or their 6+ year old PCs could do well on low settings and still achieve something for WoW. Well you know what, I'm testing that theory myself. Sometime after Thanksgiving I'll be getting some ancient parts from eBay or so, these are extremely cheap too (hence why the $100 PC people believe is good enough for WoW) the first thing I ordered was this https://imgur.com/a/EzLup This motherboard will do the testing setup, it is an AMD motherboard that supports from am2 (athlon 64) to am3+ (FX CPUs) This motherboard also supports ddr2 and ddr3, but only 2 ram slots for each and they can not work together, has to be one or the other. Also has Nvidia built in graphics but I don't think it will be viable, maybe I'll test it with the athlon 64 and run WoW or something So what I'll be doing is first getting ddr2 and an athlon 64 CPU, install Windows XP first then getting the BIOS updates to make it am3 compatible, then upgrade to 7, and do for test on an am2 cpu and ddr2 ram. Graphics will be the built in Nvidia graphics Then redo it with the WoWs minimum requirement (phemon ii x3 720) and some ddr3 ram. using hd Radeon 5670 Then one more time with FX 6100 as what is considered recommended based on WoWs system requirements. Will use r7 260x based on what it says on recommended requirements. This should be interesting regardless, I'll even use this old PC and try to upgrade from Windows 95 to 10 in order for fun. I'll post results sometime soonYou20 Nov 23
Nov 23 Any Destiny 2 players? Had some extra bnet balance laying around, and with the current discount they're running I thought I'd give D2 a try. I'm downloading it now, and was curious for those that have played, what do you think of the experience overall?Nopawsbutton2 Nov 23
Nov 23 just got a freesync monitor on black friday https://www.costco.com/HP-Omen-32%22-QHD-Monitor.product.100312359.html?pageSize=96&catalogId=10701&dept=All&langId=-1&keyword=HP+Omen+32%22+QHD+Monitor&storeId=10301 Here I am, got up at 4:30 AM in the morning, checked to see if I didn't miss out and I didn't, ordered this instantly I couldn't be more excited!You0 Nov 23
Nov 23 Low Budget Build I'm thinking about building a budget pc as a gift for a friend. Friend prefers to play on the TV instead of regular sized monitors so perhaps a smaller sized casing. With wow being the main game played on the pc any suggestions for a budget of around 500 or less with black friday deals.Mistybubbles2 Nov 23
Nov 23 New Build - Old XPS 600 Hello all, I have a fun project for you hardware peeps. When I first bought WoW, back in the first few weeks of vanilla, I splurged on a Dell XPS 600. The rig was over $3k, which I now know is ridiculous, but I was just getting into gaming. Not even kidding, pre-WoW I was a minesweeper/freecell guy. Anyway, the thing is a complete piece of junk now. Won't load the OS, HD is fried, won't connect to the monitor, etc etc. So here's what I'm wanting to do: completely rebuild the rig on the inside, but keep the box for sentimental reasons. I also like the idea of making it a sleeper and having it around for the rest of my life. So... I can't find anything helpful online about rebuilding this specific rig. I've never built my own computer before so my ignorance is pretty much peaked. I know enough about hardware to do it myself, but I don't know how to figure out which MB will fit (size is pretty easy, but mounting holes and stuff), which gpu to pick up, etc etc. From what I've been told, WoW doesn't require the most advanced gpu anymore to run max, which is what I want to do. I've had to dial down the bars on so many things I feel like I'm missing a lot from this game. Any thoughts or help would be extremely welcome. Thank you.Tisbury2 Nov 23
Nov 22 WoW MMO Gaming Mouse - Not Working So... last night my World of Warcraft MMO Gaming mouse was workign fine in both WoW and OW... Today I log on and almost all of the buttons are no longer working. I uninstalled the drivers (like a dummy) and now I cant seem to find them again. The ones on Steelseries site, do not work for windows 10. Any help would be great!Nota6 Nov 22
Nov 22 Fastest Choice of . . . Windowed Fullscreen Windowed Fullscreen Which and why, if you would.Ehiztari5 Nov 22
Nov 22 Microcenter Ryzen 1700x: $229!? http://www.microcenter.com/product/485473/1700X The cheapest 8 core CPU I ever seen, this deal is too goodYou1 Nov 22
Nov 22 First attempt building a Budget PC I've been doing a lot of research and looking at prebuilts for comparisons, but I am far from an expert so while I think I've done a decent job with this build (leaning heavily on userbenchmark.com and the pcpartpicker.com ratings) I would love some commentary from people with experience. I'm trying pretty hard to keep my costs below $700 which I figure is going to be doable this time of the season. I mostly play Blizzard games, so WoW, HotS, and Overwatch on the highest possible settings is the main goal. PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zD4KYr Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zD4KYr/by_merchant/ CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($99.99 @ Newegg) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg) Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($54.99 @ Newegg) Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg) Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.09 @ Newegg Marketplace) Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB SC GAMING Video Card ($189.99 @ B&H) Case: Deepcool - TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz) Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($32.98 @ Newegg) Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($88.89 @ OutletPC) Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill - RNX-N250PCe PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter ($16.67 @ Amazon) Keyboard: Thermaltake - CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard ($24.00 @ Amazon) Mouse: Redragon - Mammoth Wired Laser Mouse ($26.99 @ Amazon) Total: $733.56 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-21 05:28 EST-0500Tavos6 Nov 22
Nov 22 MX150 vs GTX 1060 I’m looking to (hopefully) purchase a Sager laptop in the near future. It’ll be used most often for work but I’d like it to be able to run WoW on ultra settings, and I intend to play some other games occasionally also (ME: Andromeda primarily, I know it has astronomical graphics requirements compared to WoW). The two machines I’m considering have these GPU’s. I haven’t been able to find a lot of material regarding the performance of the MX150...does anyone have any experience with it? Interested in any thoughts anyone might have regarding these two GPU’s and their performance.Bærkat2 Nov 22
Nov 21 Can't logon. What's a new game I should try? Can't logon. What's a new game I should try?Messed19 Nov 21
Nov 21 Best $500ish desktop for WoW Best $500 ish Rig for WoW, buddy is getting into wow but doesn’t have a ton of cash. What would be good??Boddingtonz7 Nov 21
Nov 21 Raspberry Pi anyone? Gust getting xmas gifts in order this year and I think my sister and her kids are going to love this: Raspberry Pi 3 build https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/CvbXsY Also HOLY CRAP is it tiny, not much larger than my watch. I am loading it with somewhere between 2000-3000 games in retropie 4.3 and it works well. Only issue is that the N64 emulator is crap but from what I found online that's a non-fixable issue. I know she already has PS4 controllers so she already has controllers that will work with the Pi and it has built in wifi and bluetooth.Connoisseur7 Nov 21
Nov 21 Returning player and new computer Hi Soi haven’t played for a while like 3 years or do and I need an upgrade. I plan on being a casual player not hard core raiding. Also I’m no computer buff so not 100% on what I need and what’s better etc. Going to be using the computer to play wow and use for home/business purposes. Don’t think I’m keen on play any other games as I’ll use ps4. Anyway here are some stats of what I’m thinking about please can anyone advise if any parts are simply a no go or maybe spend a little extra and go better. Gtx 1050ti 8gb memory Amd Ryzen 5 SSD 120gb I’m thinking to go 16gb memory but will this suffice and not have too many issues?Rashika5 Nov 21
Nov 21 Considering a new computer -- need advice Wanted to buy a new computer because I want to be able to play on ultra mode. Currently I have Dell Inspiron i3650-11561RED Desktop (Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HDD) AMD Radeon R9360 and considering buying Dell - Inspiron Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - 16GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 580 - 1TB Hard Drive - Recon Blue Will I be making a big jump in game quality? Plus will I be able to play on Ultra mode? Currently my system doesn't recommend ultra mode so I don't use it. I don't want to build my own system because I am not tech savy and I am buying this from Best Buy because I have a 0% interest credit card and can pay monthly for it.Liaoco9 Nov 21
Nov 21 Building PC for WOW!! First build Hey everyone, I am looking to build a computer for legion and expansions to come for about 1200$ ... This is what I have so far and im wondering if there is anything I should downgrade or upgrade... Hoping to play on ultra settings.. 1500$ CAD max. Thank you! Ps this is my first build :) https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/mZmwNNDelt6 Nov 21
Nov 20 So Marvel Heroes shutting down I know not many here likely played it, but I heard the reason Marvel Heroes is shutting down is because Disney decided to pull the licenses due to sexual harassment allegations. I personally kind of think that was a bad move on disneys part. All that does is cause people who was harassed to lose their jobs. I wonder if this is something that is common in the gaming industry.Netharious3 Nov 20
Nov 20 Help with my WiFi Adapter Hello everyone. I hope you're all doing well. I bought a new USB WiFi adapter yesterday. Whenever I play WoW, I get issues with the latency going over 500ms-600ms. On the other hand, I play The Old Republic and the latency stays around 65ms-66ms. I'm not sure what the issue is. Below is a link to the adapter I bought. Do I need to return it and get a different one or is something else? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/linksys-ac1200-dual-band-wireless-usb-3-0-adapter-black/9404119.p?skuId=9404119Velkes1 Nov 20
Nov 20 Black Friday Sales? Anyone know of any black friday sales for gaming desktops? Thinking of getting my friend something, but it would need to be on the low end.Cynisse1 Nov 20
Nov 20 Help with packet loss, only in WoW I have a good general idea about software and hardware issues, but network stuff has always been my weak point. I'm assuming what I'm experiencing now is packet loss, but it may be something else. Basically, recently I've started experiencing some extreme lag spikes, about one every 30 mins or so. My character gets stuck and I cannot use abilities nor interact with the world, but I can see that the world keeps going on. For example, during raid fights, when I get one of these spikes, I can still see the rest of the group going on normally, they aren't stuck in place. I play with wifi. I know that may be an issue, but I have been playing like that for about a year without a problem, and this only started happening a few weeks ago. Also, I play many other online games, and haven't had an issue with them. This only happens in WoW. All tips about how I can solve or diagnose this will be appreciated.Theodorus2 Nov 20
Nov 20 Budget Laptop Advice Im looking for a decent laptop mainly for WoW, and possibly FFXIV. Laptop is a must since I lack actual internet at my house. The best I’ve found is: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-E5-575G-57D4-15-6-Inches-Notebook-i5-7200U/dp/B01LD4MGY4 Even though its slight more than I was wanting to pay, is this my best option for this price point?Josh12 Nov 20
Nov 19 Alienware 13 R3 OLED I considering getting an Alienware 13 R3 OLED. Among the varying upgrades Dell offers, the one I'm stuck at is choosing between 1920 x 1080 or 2560 x 1440 resolution. Overall, I'd be paying an additional $400 more. (Higher resolution and larger SSD) On a 13-inch screen would you see a huge difference between 1080p vs 1440p? http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/compare?ocs=dkcwkble2s,dkcwkble3s,dkcwkble4sAkôni6 Nov 19
Nov 19 How to pick a CPU for BfA/Legion? Hello. I'm not an expert nor a novice in computing but I am rather confusing with the several benchmarks for CPUs, and I want to purchase a new system (my present is a A10-6700) as my old one is having hardware issues. However, im rather confused about (userbenchmar site): single-core speed, quad-core or multi-core? single-core int speed? single-core fp speed? quad, multi-core int/fp speed? Which is best for WoW and more specifically for Legion/BfA when I compare two processors? As far as I could read from this very forum, wow runs in a single-thread, etc, but I just want to know which specific benchmark I must be looking to when I decide my new processor. Thank you very much in advance.Baalzebubb3 Nov 19
Nov 19 Next line of gpu's? Any info on when the next generation of cards will be coming out? I've held off on replacing my 970 since it's performed pretty well for 1080p gaming, but as games become more demanding it's inevitable that I will eventually have to upgrade. So with that in mind, I'm curious when the next generation of gpu's will be hitting the store shelves. I'll be sticking with a mid range card that will fill the same role as the 970 did, and so will be looking to spend around $300 for my next upgrade.Nopawsbutton6 Nov 19
Nov 19 Video Card Help I desperately need to upgrade my Video Card I think. I am currently running a GTX 560 ti. I wanted to know is my computer capable of upgrading to a GTX 1060 6GB? I am really stupid when it comes to this stuff but I can at least change the parts around in my computer. AMD Athlon X4 860k is my processorDrûnk3 Nov 19
Nov 19 Programmable mouse buttons not working. Hey there, I use a Logitech Performance MX mouse and today when I logged in after the patch, my extra mouse buttons on the side did not work anymore. My mouse isn't specifically a gaming mouse, but pre-4.0.6 I had the extra buttons keybound and working perfectly. Now, after the patch their keybinds are still on my bars but they no longer work. I tried binding them again, but when in the keybinding menu, their clicks don't even register. No it's not my mouse being broken as I tested these buttons outside of WoW and they still work. Also to be noted, I had this same problem during Cataclysm beta, where the extra buttons did nothing, but come release they went back to normal. Anyone else experiencing issues like this?Rheumatic27 Nov 19
Nov 18 My rig So my 11 month old computer just appeared to fry itself. I usually only put my computer to sleep, never shut it down unless an update is needed. Woke up and it was shut down. Tried powering it up, and after trying the reset button and power button several times, it 'started up' for like 2 seconds and turned off. Tried it a couple more times and it made a bad crackling noise and a plume of smoke came out. Now it appears to no longer work. Any idea what just happened?Healbotuser11 Nov 18
Nov 18 left click on wow mouse not working I have a "steelseries world of warcraft mmo gaming mouse legendary edition" mouse, I bought about 3-5 years ago and it has worked perfectly until about 2 days ago, I was running around dalaran and the right click suddenly stopped working.Now for it to work, I have to press 2-3 times and the click will only register once. Is there a way to fix these like take it to a shop or need to buy a whole new mouse?Kylit2 Nov 18
Nov 18 $319 1800x on eBay https://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AMD-RYZEN-7-1800X-8-Core-3-6-GHz-Socket-AM4-YD180XBCAEWOF-Desktop-Processor/272599572981?rmvSB=true&_mwBanner=1&epid=235162167 Now that is a good deal, would of been great if I was building my PC todayYou2 Nov 18
Nov 18 Corsair one Deleted cause can't discuss anything herePromwithroly5 Nov 18
Nov 17 Desktop for Legion going forward I recently came back to wow after a 7 year break for college/ grad school. My desktop running it is a 5 year old Gateway that is by no means a gaming computer. I don't really have any problems for the most part, but don't run it on high settings. Raids really make it struggle. With that said, I am looking for help to put together a new pc! It will be used for WoW as the only game, and maybe hooked up to my entertainment system. If able, I'd like to stay under 1k. I won't need a monitor as I will either use the one I have, or my tv. thanks!Corràidhin4 Nov 17
Nov 17 Door sensor I think this is as close off topic forum as we have. Sorry if not. Can anyone suggest a sensor let me know when a door gets open? Would like a small remote light or something. Doesn't need a camera or anything. Trying to game at work :P. Which is allowed, but one person whines about it.Morehavok3 Nov 17
Nov 17 $800 budget desktop? the only game i play is wow. This pc would be strictly for wow. Would like good fps. decent graphics but doesnt have to be ultra high 200fps playable. im currently on a hp i3 laptop about 2 years old and i figure nothing could really be any worse at about 30 fps on lowest setttings my question What is the most important factors in a good quality wow gaming desktop and what aspects can be overlooked. examples - CPU ram graphics. Which is most important for simple wow gameplay. also does anyone know a desktop that could manage this without having to go through all the troubles of a building one myself as it seems to be more of a burden other than replacing the graphics card which would be fine.Sfscxpaladin3 Nov 17
Nov 16 New rig suggestions Can anyone recommend which is better today for gaming rigs ? I have a budget of about $2,000 and am looking to build it, buying isn't completely off the table if it's more advantageous. I mostly Play Wow and DIablo III and Destiny 2 but I am also looking into higher FPS games CPU? Intel I5, i7 i9 or is AMD better or is this just personal preference? I'm not apposed to either but currently am rocking an I5 with a corsair liquid cooler and would definitely like to keep using liquid cooling. Motherboard, I seem to have had good luck with ASUS but honestly cannot determine which is better to go with. My Last build was in 2013. Case: Definitely needs replacing, I seem to have a liking for large full towers like the cooler master HAF models, are these still a hot item for gamers? I like lots of air flow and i like lots of room to work and upgrade so more is better :) What are your suggestions? Current GPU: Geforce 980 tx. Seems to handle what I do pretty well except it s seems to lag in Greater invasions when there's lots of people. Let me know if you need more information. Many thanks!Vessae35 Nov 16
Nov 16 Who still has... Their Retro CD/DVD-Rom PC games Collection to play “Offline” just in case... err I mean now cause the internet has gone south? I have a select few titles for when I just want to unplug and go dark mode away from the whodo people on the internet. Some titles include. Spore Collection. Grid. C&C. Sim City 4. Age of Empires 3. Crysis and Crysis warhead. Time shift. And a few others. I know there are some people who have walls of retro gaming. Mines a small modest collection. Just seems in today’s world gaming is more about feeding corporate coffers than actual make a game let people enjoy it and move on without the need to keep them fixated on the game to spend $$. Yeah I know it was a different time and isn’t the same when nostalgias hits. But how many of us can truly “unplug” from the internet? As ironic as it is that I post this thread online. Any games that are true gems of your collection I would love to hear about! Thanks!Areesn8 Nov 16
Nov 15 AMD Thread Ripper Does anyone use this CPU for World of Warcraft? Please let me know if the game runs smoothly and what FPS are you gertting at main citiesChronicc21 Nov 15