Games, Gaming and Hardware

Dec 22 Cheap Laptop - But not for wow? Hello All, Looking for a cheaper laptop for the GF. She enjoys playing spore, sims, and a few other non-taxing comp games. She also runs a few small lightweight software programs. Nothing crazy, a pedigree program for show rabbits (yes really you read that right), facebook, and instagram. Anything in the sub 400 range that would fit that bill easily? I was going to pony up and buy: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315422 But it seems like over kill and I don't want to blow my xmas budget on one gift. Thoughts?Vartonis2 Dec 22
Dec 22 Gaming/Streaming Router Recomendation Hello! I have a LinkSys EA3500 router. Every time my son plays WoW, the router needs to be reset (powered off and back on) the next day in order for Mom and Dad to work (normal internet traffic). My other son is now home from school for a few weeks and while he was playing WoW last night be brought the whole network down. He said everything was dead (internet, Ethernet and wireless). This router is not very new so I'd be up for replacement. What is a good gaming/streaming router?Turing3 Dec 22
Dec 22 So what other MMOS are good right now? Potentially unsubbing if everything wrong with 7.1.5 goes live. - Surrender to Madness nerfed from 150% to 100% - Lingering Insanity removed - Void Bolt no longer refreshes the duration of dots - (Patch 7.1) Insanity Drain rate increased by 10% - (Speculation) Mangaza's Madness bonus charges reduced by 1 - All secondary stats nerfed significantly If all of that happens, my spec will be weaker overall [fine on its own, deserved], my rotation will be significantly slowed down thanks to the loss of lingering insanity, my rotation will be significantly slowed down again thanks to losing a charge of Mind Blast, and my spec, along with everyone else, will be arbitrarily weaker due to the stat changes [not fine]. Slowing down my rotation is a good way to make me not enjoy playing. I have no secondary main lined up. The Artifact / AP / AK / Legendary systems all ACTIVELY work against playing alts and make the game feel more like a job than usual. Additionally, I do not agree with Blizzard's current trend of meeting every slight imbalance or problem with nerfing and outright pruning / removals. Getting continually weaker every patch is not fun. On top of that, getting xpack-level changes in something that isn't even a major content patch is aggravating and does not give me any faith in Blizzard at the current time. So if things don't change from the current plans, I'll likely at least take a break. So what MMOs would you recommend? I'm ranting a bit, but I'm being entirely serious here. I've played FFXIV and have some friends there, so that's always an option. I'm also fond of Wildstar's mechanics, but worry about a dead game - How is it these days? I also enjoy BDO, but given its endgame system being worse than WoW with regards to grinding and catching up to those who have been playing for longer, it feels like it'd be something to kill a month or two with rather than a potential longer-term replacement. Anything else around thats fun and doing well?Itharri189 Dec 22
Dec 21 Voice chat problem I figure maybe someone got that here. Whenever i am with my guild on mumble, if i launch anything other program that use a voice chat, it will not work. Overwatch, division, skype or teamspeak. I will either not hear ppl and they wont hear me. Anyone encountered that problem?Zorop0 Dec 21
Dec 21 Best midrange gpu for under 200 bucks? It's been a while since I've played wow and recently came back for a test run. I'm probably going to be getting legion here in a week or so. My current PC is running an i7-2600 CPU but only have a GTX 460 graphix card. I'm not looking to play at a 4k res as my monitor is only 1080. At first I was looking at maybe a 2gb gtx 960. but I've been seeing a lot about the radeon RX-480 4gb card for just under 200. Would this allow me to play legion at ultra (ish) settings? Thanks in advance.Elethil16 Dec 21
Dec 21 Computer Build For a while Ive been thinking on building a computer. Id prefer it to be as CHEAP as possible but still being able to play games like wow on a decent setting even if its not on Ultra long as its not on the lowest possible setting for everthing, after all id like to see a decent distance in the zone im in. Not to mention when I am able to get into a Raid with friends and/or guild I don't want my computer to work and I want to feel as if im the reason the raid wipped (even if it may not of been). Id also would like it so if in time I had to replace just one piece like the Motherboard, CPU or Graphics card id be able to. Id also would like to know if there is any difference between getting a Mid Tower and a Full tower cases.Celticlore2 Dec 21
Dec 21 New PC, WoW performance seems low Hello, I just built a new PC, not specifically for WoW, but for gaming in general. Critical pieces are: - GTX 1080 FTW - i5 6600k - 16gb DDR4 3200 RAM - ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard My FPS in Dalaran runs around 50-60, and out questing in the open world it runs about 40-50. This is with mostly max settings @ 1440p resolution. Is this typical? I guess I expected better performance, but maybe I overestimated the power of the build. Just for reference, I run other games (OW, BF1) at max settings, 1440p and get 80-90+ FPS. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!Therepoman11 Dec 21
Dec 20 GTX 1060 / GTX 1070 - max settings? For those who have either of these video cards, what settings are you able to play on and at what frame rate? If you want to include resolution, monitors, or any other useful info, that'd be helpful also. I'm currently on a GTX 570 (February 2012). Looking to upgrade on Cyber Monday. GPU: GTX 570 CPU: i7-5820k 3.30 GHz Resolution: 1920 x 1200 Edit: Added CPU and resolution specsFeridius16 Dec 20
Dec 20 Legion Sale/Christmas? Will Legion go on sale with Christmas coming up? any thoughts?Lighttrance5 Dec 20
Dec 20 WoW Tearing with new GTX 1070 just upgraded my pc mainly to play WoW, and while i was at it i decided to get some good hardware to play some other games too, so i built this: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 4th Gen NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit Motherboard: Maximus vi Extreme Intel® Z87 Express Chipset 16 Gb RAM 1866Mhz Firecuda SSHD My surprise was when i started playing legion, and the very first video had a lot of tearing, i am not that experienced, so i wonder if my graphics card could be malfunctioning or what else could be wrong since besides the tearing, the game runs amazing in ultra settings. Btw, userbenchmark.com tests said my card is performing way below expectations : ODokho12 Dec 20
Dec 19 Finally Ultra with Alpha Console I was able to pick up the $550 version of the Alienware Alpha Console for around $400 through my job and damn, finally I can play on ultra settings. I've been playing on the lowest of the low settings for so long. It's really an entirely different game up here in the Ultraverse. I'm getting 90 FPS in SW and had 70FPS through Grimrail Depot. Some of you with high end machines will probably scoff at those numbers which is cool with me, I'm just happy to have more than 15 FPS in dungeons! Definitely recomend it to people who want to play console type games through steam and be able to play PC games as well. And to those too lazy to build one, which without the OS would be probably around the same cost. Anyway, to my low bros, hang in there.Murko20 Dec 19
Dec 19 BSOD: Bad Pool Header errors? Anyone else getting Bad Pool Header--Blue screen of death errors? Since last Friday my computer been really a pain in the rear with BSOD happening like every 10 or 15 minutes. It completely reboots I can tinker for a little bit then it happens again. I have checked several "fixes" but to no avail it shows another BSOD...ughhh I guess its time to take it to a computer repair shop. Just mostly venting and curious....thank you in advanceElenevra1 Dec 19
Dec 19 Which monitor should I buy? So I'm shopping around for a good monitor to upgrade to. And I've dwindled my choices down to these two. ASUS ROG PG278Q http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1N82KJ1053 Or ViewSonic XG2703-GS 27 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116827 Both have very similar specs in that they're both 2k resolution, Gsync ready with high refresh rates, but the Asus is a TN panel, and is 3D ready, where as the ViewSonic is an IPS panel, and has no 3D capability. So I'm on the fence for a few reasons heres. When it comes to Asus, it has everything I would want in a monitor, but the reviews are fairly low do to lots of folks getting bad monitors. So I don't know if I want to spend that kind of cash for a product that won't deliver. The ViewSonic ALMOST has everything I want but lacks 3D gaming, and the design has this light green trim that does not look all that appealing. I have no idea why the manufacture decided to do this because it really divides their potential customers in that it can make or break a purchase. So I wanted to swing by here to see what you guys thought of these two monitors, and if you had to choose between the two which would it be, and why?Nopawsbutton2 Dec 19
Dec 19 Build in the works, do things look good? So I'm about ready to gather all of the parts together for this baby I've got in the works. I just wanted to run it by the forums for some last minute advice, my only concerns were power draw from the build (which is about 395 watts) as I have a EVGA Supernova Plat+ 850 Watt PSU, will this be enough to power everything? Last concern was with the case that I went with, will there be enough room for the components and cable management etc? (I Know that PCpartpicker said there were no compatibility issues, but I just wanted to make sure) Things to note: Yes I know the case is boring looking, I just wanted something simple. Any advice on my concerns above would be greatly appriciated! PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6k3XVY Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6k3XVY/by_merchant/ CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($324.89 @ B&H) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($26.88 @ OutletPC) Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($149.99 @ NCIX US) Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($91.89 @ OutletPC) Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($164.99 @ Jet) Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.78 @ OutletPC) Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX Video Card ($678.99 @ SuperBiiz) Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($84.99 @ SuperBiiz) Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($88.58 @ OutletPC) Total: $1660.98 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-18 20:08 EST-0500 Edit 1: Already have an optical drive to install windows, that's why it's not in the build.Ishiga10 Dec 19
Dec 19 first gaming computer build Looking to build my first computer mainly just for gaming. I'm looking to spend about 1k so hopefully that might get me a good setup. any recommendations on where to start looking or what to look at? I'm starting here. Thank you, in advance.Thayné6 Dec 19
Dec 19 Upgrade for wow So just came back after a year, I was already in the process of upgrading my pc because it was a low budget pc I build a year ago. Specs are amd fx 6300, 8 gigs of ram, gtx 950.. I'm finding it to be a bit underwhelming, I was planning to upgrade to a 1060, would that make a huge difference? Or am I screwed cause of my cpu.. Any ideas?Nixilious3 Dec 19
Dec 18 Monitor Help (WoW/General gaming) Hello, I've looked a bit between the forums and google etc, but being rather "Monitor ignorant" overall (haven't bought a new one in ages ><) I've had a hard time trying to figure out what would be the best fit with my computer/for a nice upgrade. I'm looking for probably a 24'', single monitor. Something that would work well with WoW, and still be able to deal with older games (some hand painted, others old as in earl 90's made). Current Computer specs: (hopefully didn't miss anything that would help with answering) Monitor: Generic (good one broke this is stand in), 60hz. Windows 7 home, 64bit (HP) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 17-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8CPUs) ~3.4GHz Memory: 10240MB RAM DX 11 Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 545 ~mem listed 4095MB ---------- Price range I'd say around 130-150$? Thank you for any help. This was linked in another thread, but I have no idea how much of a difference 5ms vs 3ms etc would effect things. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236757Erithan19 Dec 18
Dec 18 Midrange Laptop Advice, pls Mornin', guys. Looking for a little friendly, knowledgeable advice as I'm looking for a mid-range laptop in the $1200-$1500 budget range. I know, "go to newegg and build your own" is the smart play, but I'm not real confident in my skills to give that a go, and I am blessed to actually have a little extra disposable income to splurge on myself this holiday season. Replacing both my desktop and my current craptop, so this new one will be my go-to for everything. Don't play many games other than WoW, but i will be dipping into GTA V havoc and mayhem with my new rig. I multi-task a lot, especially when watching sports, as I use my laptop to stream more than I watch my TV lately. Looking for something beefy enough to handle me streaming two hockey games, cranking music, browsing the web, and playing WoW at the same time. Based on my needs, should I be looking for an i7, at least 12 gigs of RAM, and a vid card maybe in the Nvidia 980 range? More than I need? And will I really benefit from a standard hard drive plus a 256 gig SSD? Seen some Omens that are really nice, along with the Asus ROG's, but those red/orange keyboards, man. Haven't really looked at the Alienware line as that's overkill and maybe overpay, but how is the Dell/Alienware quality? Worth looking into? Sorry for the flood of info, and I appreciate any quick advice and smart questions to be asking smarter people before I purchase. Thanks in advance!Montakorr16 Dec 18
Dec 18 New Computer-Premade or Build My Own? I've never played WOW on a quality PC before. After recently coming back to the game and doing quite a bit of dungeons I'm really starting to notice the FPS drop and the game slow down pretty dramatically. It doesn't help I'm playing on an older laptop. At this point if I'm going to continue playing I am going to upgrade my computer to something that will run the game better. I don't need another laptop, I'll just keep this one for bare necessities and travel. So I am looking into desktops. My question is, should I build one or buy one pre-built? Budget wise, I don't really want to spend much more than $600 pre tax being as that most my games I plan on console and I can't really justify such an extreme investment simply to play WOW. So please weigh in on your thoughts if I should build my own or prebuilt. Also, I'm a 27 year old male who is reasonably intelligent but have never built a computer before though I did put in a new graphics card in an older desktop way back when.Profezzor12 Dec 18
Dec 17 Your main and your favorite Overwatch Hero I am just curious as to what your favorite hero in Overwatch is. I am just curious to see the correlation between the two. EDIT: My main is Druid and my favorite hero is LucioOrakot6 Dec 17
Dec 17 Optimal Laptop CPU? Anyone have suggestions for a solid laptop CPU that will handle legion? My laptop has a gtx 1070 but only a 2.3 ghz core i5 6200u. Any recommendations for an upgrade?Tsolake4 Dec 17
Dec 17 Looking for feedback I just am looking for a few answers in regards to these laptops if its able to run World of Warcraft. Doesn't have to be able to run it on High as long as its playable. http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/acer-acer-aspire-e-15-6-laptop-black-iron-intel-i3-6100u-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-windows-10-e5-574-322e/10409027.aspx?path=1927696a0b3d4eb5e9b1f8e7f55b5083en02 https://www.amazon.ca/F555LA-Full-HD-Laptop-500GB-Windows/dp/B011KFQASE/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1481939609&sr=1-2&keywords=asus+laptop+computers Any suggestions would be appreciated.Tyrîôn3 Dec 17
Dec 16 GPU Question Hey, everbody... I'm currently running two GeForce GTX 960 graphics cards in an SLI configuration, and I'm looking at upgrading to a more powerful single card, preferably one that's got enough muscle to "future-proof" my system to at least some degree for a good long while. The thing is, I'm wondering if the GTX 1080 is worth the price tag that comes with it, or would I do just as well to go with a GTX 1070 or GTX 1060? Here are my overall current specs-- OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00 GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z-97A Graphics: 2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960s (PNY) in SLI configuration Memory: 16 GB DDR3 Hard Drive: 1GB SATA HDD (will be upgrading my main drive to a SSD in a few days time)Chuckbrtwski14 Dec 16
Dec 16 Only want to run fair/good settings AMD A10-8700p radeon R6 grapicsNumlawen7 Dec 16
Dec 15 AMD Ryzen CPU confirmed! AMD new CPU is called Ryzen. Watching the stream so far, it can auto overclock on its own depending on what cooling you have. You have liquid cooling? It will auto clock for you.! The hype is real! Editing as I go The Ryzen cpu can outperform a 6700k!! (Or 6900k idk I'm freaking out) Ryzen and Vega GPU, doing 60 fps on 4k Star Wars Battlefront Rogue One DLCYou18 Dec 15
Dec 15 Hows Guild Wars 2 faring as of now? I'm kind of burnt out on WoW for the time being and thinking of heading back to guild wars 2 for a bit until the next patch hits. In the past when I took a break from WoW I would typically migrate over there for a few weeks or so. Is the game still active? Or did it die out? Last time I played was around the heart of thorns expansion hit so its truly been awhile. But I still have my account for it and several characters.Bayon2 Dec 15
Dec 15 Alienware 15 R3 Any news on how the Alienware 15 R3 runs wow? Intel® Core™ i5-6300HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.2GHz w/ Turbo Boost) Windows 10 Home 64bit English NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 300-nits Display 8GB DDR4 at 2133MHz (1x8GB) 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1 I'm considering getting this Alienware to use while traveling. I have a super busted HP that runs wow passably okay. I'm sure the Alienware runs wow, but will it run wow well? GTX 1060 seems kinda overkill for wow though tbh.Qwkpwn46 Dec 15
Dec 15 Will you quit WoW when Diablo III releases? I plan on devouring Diablo III when it releases. I won't have time for WoW, so yes, I will be quitting WoW, if I'm even still playing it when D3 hits the stores. How about you?Celestri21 Dec 15
Dec 15 What should I get from NewEgg? Okay, finally can buy a new computer. Just have no clue what to get. Any advice would be appreciated. Here is my current setup: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name EF1LH1 System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model p7-1414 System Type x64-based PC System SKU H3Y99AA#ABA Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date AMI 8.06, 8/21/2012 SMBIOS Version 2.7 Embedded Controller Version 255.255 BIOS Mode UEFI BaseBoard Manufacturer MSI BaseBoard Model Not Available BaseBoard Name Base Board Platform Role Desktop Secure Boot State On PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32 Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2 Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.14393.206" Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 14.0 GB Total Physical Memory 13.9 GB Available Physical Memory 11.2 GB Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB Available Virtual Memory 12.9 GB Page File Space 2.13 GB Page File C:\pagefile.sys Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection YesSnowflake2 Dec 15
Dec 15 How would WoW fare on this computer? Would I be able to get medium to high settings on this setup? Thanks for any input! http://www.qvc.com/HP-22%22-Touch-All-in-One-PC-8GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-w-Life-Time-Tech-Support.product.E229810.html?sc=SRCH Thanks.Jetswept3 Dec 15
Dec 15 Best PC games of all time. >In this tread we discuss our top five favorite PC titles of all time. Number 5 Halo It was the first game that got me hooked into FPS gaming with it's amazing single-player campaigns and wide selection of weapons. Number 4 Call of Duty 2 Great campaigns, player vs player maps and wicked weapons. My favorites being the MP44, Gewehr 43 and the M1 carbine. Number 3 Oregon Trail The first PC game I ever played in elementary school, that was fun, challenging and made you hope you'd never get dysentery... Number 2 World of Warcraft What can be side that hasn't already been said, with it's beautiful world zones and questing it'll keep you hooked as well as drain your debit card. And number 1 Battlefield 2 The first game I played that allowed me to direct the actions of over 30 other players, and use a wide variety of tools. Such as Artillery, UAV's and Satellite scan. And a honorable mention* Battlefield Vietnam Fun player vs player, and great maps such as Landing Zone Albany and Operation Hastings; and of course kick !@# ROCK N ROLL music.Meiji82 Dec 15
Dec 14 Help with new computer My computer started shutting off by itself last Friday and since I am already using an antique, second hand video card I figured it was time for a new PC. Here is the list of parts I had picked out but I am not sure on the Motherboard- https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/P9Mt9W I would like to stay around the $1500 - $2000 (Canadian) range I am planning to re-use my old Cooler Master case and power supply and storage drive. Thanks for any advise you may offerAinsley6 Dec 14
Dec 14 Rant Time: I hate FFXIV And it seems no one else does... Let me clear up some things as well: 1. I have been a Final Fantasy fan for a very long time. I brought FF7 when it came out and it was the first jrpg I ever beat. The first I ever played was Phantasy Star IV. Since then I've played and beaten all the snes, psx and -most- of the ps2 titles. Did not like 13 at all, didn't feel like Final Fantasy but a crappy turn based Devil May Cry simulator with characters I did not like one bit. 2. Brought and ordered many of the Final Fantasy OSTs in the past. 3. I am not bothered by the asian aesthetic mainly attributed to Japanese and Korean games. My first mmorpg was Ragnarok Online and part of why I loved it so much was the aesthetics and style of the game. Enjoyed the gameplay too. So yeah, I'm not your typical "hurrrr FFXIV sucks because its anime and I don't get it!!!" troglodyte. I played and tried FFXIV for about 4 months, got several character classes to cap even. I enjoyed the game decently for awhile because I was taking a break from WoD but then played again and realized...yeah I enjoyed WoW a lot more. You may be ready to post: Well that's great, OP but no one cares, go back to playing WoW. Yeah, you would be right..but I'm ranting because I'm sick of having it shoved down my throat about how I'm "wrong" for still liking WoW and how FFXIV is the future by people I know. Its constant and none of them are even at level cap. They talk about how FF14 does this and this better than WoW or "How can you even GO BACK TO WOW AFTER THE REVOLUTION THAT IS FFXIV?" ITs kind of like when everyone raves about that one movie or album you thought was decent, not terrible but eventually people don't shut up about how its the best thing ever and how YOUR OPINION IS TOTALLY WRONG, SHILL, YOU'RE A SHILL WITH STOCKHOLM SYNDROME..BOW DOWN TO THE GENIUS THAT IS YOSHI-P. You end up hating said thing in the end after barrages of that. Sorry...I'm just irritated now.Tolhurst42 Dec 14
Dec 14 Acer predator or asus pg279q monitor? Which one will give the best experience for WoW? Asusx34 predator says it can overclock to 100hz. I don't know how hard that would be but I'm used to playing with 144hz so will that be noticeably gone? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016GNX4SE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481666942&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=acer+x34+predator&dpPl=1&dpID=415Morhr63L&ref=plSrch Or the asus pg279q? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017EVR2VM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481667219&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=asus+pg279q&dpPl=1&dpID=4161FawoDuL&ref=plSrch Which one do you guys think would be the best for WoW?Boocraftz4 Dec 14
Dec 14 New Build Review Hey all Building my first pc, also making my way over from Mac. Just looking for some opinions on this build, anything glaringly terrible of a choice? or anything I could do for a little bit cheaper? I am still unsure around my choice of motherboard and power supply and am just hoping the PC part picker build list is what it;'s supposed to be and only allows you to add items that work together. Any advice is appreciated! https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/N7MCZ8Rhydrin4 Dec 14
Dec 13 GTX 1070 or 1080 FPS in NEW Dalaran? In the PTR version of Dalaran, where it's sitting above Kharazan, my AMD R9 290's FPS is in the 30's in #10 Ultra (No other changes from default) (CPU is I7-3770K 3.9 GHz) If you have a 1070 or 1080 and have access to this version of Dalaran, can you please take the portal there (Should be in Cleft of Shadow) and see how your card does? (I'm guessing this location represents the graphics loading of Legion. ) -I get 31 FPS parked over the stairs of the Alliance bank, even with the top of the dome, looking down the street at max camera zoom. And, this site is one of the few that tests their review cards in WoW, but I don't know where in game they test them. Here's one example: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_1070_Gaming_X/21.html You can see all the cards here: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/Fugubar11 Dec 13
Dec 13 Best computer under $500 Hey everyone! For Christmas I'm looking into prebuilt computers to run legion. I have a small budget for under $500. What would you recommend? I don't need to play on ultra but I want it to run smooth. I really appreciate any help!Ebaneezer9 Dec 13
Dec 12 Anyone play Shadow Tactics yet? It looks like a modern, Shogun version of old school Commandos: https://www.gog.com/game/shadow_tactics_blades_of_the_shogun Anyone played it yet? Worth the money?Tehbigz0 Dec 12
Dec 12 Strange Latency Issues. Good evening folks, my question for the GGH community is what could I check to ensure smooth latency while in-game. While in open world and instanced I sit 99.99% of the time at ~52ms. However, over the last few days, I still maintain the ~52ms point in open world but in any instanced area such as BG's or dungeons, my ping will shoot up to ~250ms. Once out of those it will drop back to ~52ms. I have checked my background process's and closed out anything that isn't crucial for the PC to function. Any tips are greatly appreciated, or maybe another thread about this is floating around already and one of you kind folk can point me in that direction. Any rate, thank you for any help in advance.Krumpencast1 Dec 12
Dec 12 fps drop out of nowhere I bought this computer a little over a week ago (dell inspiron,i7, gtx 960m) for a while i was able to play on ultra with no real problems while questing around and in a couple bgs and what not. Ive backed it down to 5/10 (recomended) graphics thinking i would then never have to worry about fps or anything but now im getting around 20-30 fps everywhere and sometimes less and it gets choppy. What happened?Petejonez3 Dec 12
Dec 12 Brand which is the best brand for graphic cards .... which is better Nvidia or Raedon ? Which brands are better MSI or ASUS or palit or gigabyte or anythingelse u want to recommend ? Have a nice dayMamaminozz4 Dec 12
Dec 11 Dual Monitor Setup I am trying to set up a duel monitor system using an Ultrawide monitor and a more normal monitor. The monitors are below: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236405&nm_mc=KNC-MSNSearch-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-MSNSearch-PC-_-pla-_-Monitors+-+LCD+Flat+Panel-_-ASUS-_-24236405&gclid=CLnc-uiB7dACFWsxMgod5v4D6g&gclsrc=ds http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236405&nm_mc=KNC-MSNSearch-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-MSNSearch-PC-_-pla-_-Monitors+-+LCD+Flat+Panel-_-ASUS-_-24236405&gclid=CLnc-uiB7dACFWsxMgod5v4D6g&gclsrc=ds My issue is, my Ultrawide has an HDMI and a display port connector, and my regular 144 hertz only has a display port connector. When I try using the HDMI port for the ultra wide and the display port for my regular monitor, my computer only detects my regular monitor. From research I have done, I need two display ports to make this work? Correct me if I am wrong. So where do I find this display port splitter (My desktop only has a port for 1 display port). All I can find when I google 'display port splitter' or 'display port dongle' is display port to HDMI converters, which isn't what I need. Thanks for your help, it has been a headache.Healbotuser1 Dec 11
Dec 11 What else is on your playlist? Looking for a switch. Bought Titanfall 2 and was quickly reminded by I never play MP-FPS games. Diablo 3's season 8 is 2/3 the way through. I finished DOOM. Fallout games always seemed to be a bit too slow paced. What game do you meander of to when Warcraft starts getting stale for you?Agramond21 Dec 11
Dec 11 What is Causing Low FPS/Latency I'm getting fps in the low 20's on medium setting (3,4,5) in some areas of the broken isles. Also, I get high latency if i open my web browser and start browsing something like wowhead. I'm thinking I might need to upgrade, but not sure what component I need, minus the gpu. msi 970 mobo fx 8320 @ 4.0 ghz 8 gb ddr3 @ 1600 gtx 1060 My RAM is at 80% utilization when i run WoW, which makes me think i need more RAM, but is 80% normal, and it's my cpu? But then my cpu is 8 core @ 4 ghz, isn't that enough to run WoW fairly well on medium graphics? Lots of questions. I know there are better processors and intel is #1 etc, etc. I'm looking for advice for an AMD mobo. ThanksLahoof3 Dec 11
Dec 11 Pvp in general. Should have a rage meter implemented. So instead of being toxic in game, he should get a pause from the game, without getting punished, where he can rage off, get some fresh air. I know it sounds stupid, but i think it would be a great asset.Samsang1 Dec 11
Dec 11 need to replace razer naga mouse... This mouse is about done. I took it apart a while back to fix the scroll wheel and the double click. The used lock tight on the screws and I had to drill out all but one. I fixed most of it but couldnt bolt it back together. Double click is back but im done messing with it. I do not want to buy another razr product. I want to keep the budget very friendly. what I cant find is another mouse with the two pointer finger buttons. I use those all the time in wow. The only thing I can find thats close is and it seems like it has a ton of features for what it is... https://www.amazon.com/UtechSmart-Venus-16400-Precision-Gaming/dp/B00FNKMVUO/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1481379414&sr=1-5&keywords=gaming+mouseLorë1 Dec 11
Dec 10 21:9 3440x1440 vs 2560x1080 I need advice from experts in choosing which monitor I should choose to buy. Both of them are 34" Ultrawide Monitors with FreeSync capability with same response time on IPS panel. (i) Cost(money) is not an object (ii) I consider myself hardcore PvPer and casual PvE raider (iii) Other issues are not object here (1) 2560x1080 (1080p aka Full HD), 144Hz vs (2) 3440x1440 (1440p aka Ultra WQHD), 60Hz Key Questions: Since I consider myself hardcore PvPer, 144Hz should be my choice. But do you really benefit from 144Hz in Arenas and BGs? I know higher refresh rates can actually make you perform better in FPS but does it really make a big difference in Arenas and BGs? Does WoW look better on 3440x1440 compared to 2560x1080? I don't see both resolutions in the list of supported native resolutions in video settings of WoW. Does that mean what I see on screen will be scaled down to the native resolutions supported by WoW and therefore what you see on 3440x1440 is identical to 2560x1080? FYI, 1920x1080(Wide) is the native resolution with maximum number of pixels that are supported by WoW.Holy20 Dec 10
Dec 10 slow loading NPCs I can be flying around and see a mining node on the minimap and land next to it. Nothing is around but a second later the mobs display. I can fly into a major town and its empty, but a second later all the NPCs display. What is causing the delay in the NPCs and mobs being shown? Is it a slow internet connection, or possibly a game setting? I don't think its my computer, i7-4790@4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, dual SSD drives in RAID0, and GeForce GTX 980, running Windows 10 Home 64 bit.Shame4 Dec 10
Dec 10 monitor sizes and GPU the larger monitor sizes ( 24,27,32 inches) need more powerful GPU?Mamaminozz4 Dec 10
Dec 10 Is gfx card dying? Currently have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti and while I'm sure most would call it a very old card, it runs the game fine. However, what I've recently noticed is that when it DOES run the game fine, I can hear the cooling fan running. It's quiet enough, but I can hear it. ...and the I'll notice the game not performing so well. Very slow responsiveness ... and I'll notice that the I don't hear the fan anymore. I would call that normal for when I close Warcraft. If I'm just reading web pages, I never hear the gfx card working (I wouldn't expect it). But does the game dynamically determine that it doesn't need as much juice in a certain area and the card throttles down? That seems unlikely to me. Wouldn't this just mean the card is getting ready to fail? Curious for feedback.Brocknor4 Dec 10