Games, Gaming and Hardware

Jul 3 New gaming rig Looking to finally scrap this Alienware. It's completely out of date with hardware from 2009. I was wondering what you would this is best for a new rig. I am using https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ at the moment to build itBrinoreith6 Jul 3
Jul 3 Which MMO? I was wondering what MMO would you recommend with my current build that seems to be in favor of PvP? My Rig CPU: I7-7700k Gpu: 1050 gtx ti ram: 32g I just don't agree with the direction WoW went in terms of PvP, so I'm looking for something more fun with less pve grinding. Any ideas? Appreciate honest recommendations.Asiry3 Jul 3
Jul 2 Looking at this new system advice please hello smarter than me people. is somebody able to tell me if thia will run wow and on what settings? extra love if you can tell me about overwatch too i know nothing about tech numbers and stuff. thanks in advance Palook Processor 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Processor (4MB Cache, up to 3.5 GHz) Operating System Windows 10 Home (64bit) English Microsoft Office Microsoft® Office Trial Memory2 16GB, 2400MHz, DDR4 Hard Drive 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive Video Card AMD Radeon™ R7 M445 Graphics with 4G GDDR5 Graphics Memory Display 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Truelife LED-Backlit On-cell Touch DisplayPalook2 Jul 2
Jul 2 RX 570/580 no longer recommended For those that do not know, the RX 580 is out of stock across all major retailers. Ones that do carry it are selling it for a 50% premium. So currently the recommended GPU's are the GTX 1060 3GB/6GB. The increased price is due to coin mining resurgence (actually did a video on this). Currently selling mine like-new for over $70 for more than what I paid for it and the auction just started (has 18 bids on it).Snaeb23 Jul 2
Jul 1 low fps with a gtx 1050 I just bought a brand new MSI GL62m 7rd. it has a geforce gtx 1050 8gig a 7th gen i5 1tb hd 128 ssd 8 gigs ddr4. Im getting very low fps. On 5-10 I am getting 20> FPS even on 3 the recommended setting where i should be getting 100+fps i am getting around 50. what can I do to fix this so i can turn my settings up.Touchypuma3 Jul 1
Jul 1 MSI 1080 Duke edition question Is this gpu compatible with the GTX 1080 FE cooler? I'm thinking of selling my coolers to a guy that want so switch his coolers for mining. I liquid cool so it's not like I'll be using themDemonseven1 Jul 1
Jul 1 Best motherboards for AMD FX 6300? See title.Deathmun7 Jul 1
Jul 1 WoW's endgame vs FFXIV's endgame Which do you think is better and why?Grunnakarg111 Jul 1
Jun 29 CPU Fan Suggestions for AB350M Motherboard? Deathmun3 Jun 29
Jun 29 WoW only Computer Builds for 1440p 144hz So I have been playing around with builds on another post but I think I am going overkill. So basically I'm trying to figure out a build that isn't too much overkill. I'm not really on a budget but don't want to pay a ton for a small performance increase. What I'm looking for is a desktop build and monitor for 1440p 144hz that can run WoW at a high frame rate. Im not into all the flashy lights and stuff and would prefer a windowless case. I have a young child and don't want to make it attractive to him. I would really prefer Intel processor and was thinking the i7 7700k but it may be overkill. Would the performance be noticeable between the i7 and i5? I would also prefer an nvidia gpu. I was originally considering the 1080ti. But again I'm thinking that is probably overkill. So all in all I want a computer for WoW only with Internet searching in the background (wowhead and such). No real budget but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg if the performance increase isn't very noticeable. I'd like to get 60fps+ at all times at 1440p 144hz but from reading it sounds impossible on the game engine. *Edit: I also really would like a SSD of at least 250gbMycota5 Jun 29
Jun 29 Rise of the Necromancer? In all honesty, the necromancer and druid were my favorite two toons in Diablo 2: LoD. I think blizz should have had the original cast to begin with, plus new characters as well. Adding the necro now is a bit late, but I am getting it next week. And yes, I love having skellys do all my work. One of the best combos in LoD was aura pally and skelly necro. Man those two classes were fun.Headcheeze7 Jun 29
Jun 28 Low FPS in Raids Hi all, I've been having some low FPS problems in raids and in various outdoor areas in the Broken Isles with my current build in 1080p with 1920x1080 resolution: CPU: i5-6600 3.3 GHz GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200MHz I've seen posts with people with worse graphics cards getting higher and more stable FPS, which leads me to think my processor is the culprit for my frames. Is there any way I can increase my FPS consistently?Rhaskos4 Jun 28
Jun 28 LF Affordable Computer Component Upgrades I was recently given an old desktop computer. While it did download all the necessary files for the Blizzard app and WoW, and it will allow me to log in to the character select screen (everything looks incomplete, though), the game crashes before it can finish logging in on a character, something about error 132. I did a google search and have run a memory diagnostic, and the result is that there are no problems with the RAM itself. Something tells me that the graphics card just can't handle WoW, or I need more RAM. Due to financial situation, I am stuck with either the aforementioned desktop or the laptop I am currently posting from, which I think might be on its last legs. I should be able to afford a couple minor purchases, such as a memory card or RAM. What I need is some advice on what would be acceptable upgrades that will work with what I've got and still run WoW (I don't play any other games). Or should I just scrap the desktop and try to keep the laptop in working order? (ASUS G73Jh) Thanks in advance! According to Belarc Advisor: ...Oblivienne4 Jun 28
Jun 28 Curious as the how this will run wow on ultra Intel Core i7-4790 3.6ghz Processor 16gb Dual Channel DDR3 memory 4gb NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 DDR3 Video Would I get decent FPS on ultra settings?Vicfire16 Jun 28
Jun 27 What to upgrade next? I have an RX-480 factory OC graphics card, and FX-6300 CPU, and some ASUS motherboard. I'm finding that I can do just about anything with acceptable frame rates except raid-sized groups. For them, during the busy parts, my frame rate drops pretty badly. Turning up or down the graphics settings doesn't seem to have a huge effect. That feels like I need to update my CPU/Motherboard, but I don't want to guess. I'm hoping someone here knows what things to look for in a new CPU. I'm seeing benchmark sites that talk about the following: Single core integer speed Single core floating point speed Quad core integer speed Quad core floating point speed Multi-core integer speed Multi-core integer speed Frankly, I don't quite understand why "quad core" isn't "multi-core" but I don't understand most of what I'm seeing except that my FX-6300 is a bit behind the curve. I am willing to look at overclocking, but I'm not certain I'll get enough out of that to make it worthwhile. AMD's Ryzen CPUs look interesting from a cost/benefit basis, but again, I'm just not sure what WoW needs most out of a system. Thoughts? Advice? Angry rants? I'll take them all.Istrebiteli9 Jun 27
Jun 27 New PC https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hdMBHN New PC build I am considering, The three hard drives I am thinking of configuring to run together in RAID 0Vorsol26 Jun 27
Jun 26 My god will the mining phase ever end? Already Rx 580s, 570s and desperate miners going for 560s are constantly going sold out in 5 minutes or less. Now said miners are going after Nvidia cards too?! http://www.pcworld.com/article/3202193/components-graphics/nvidia-geforce-prices-skyrocket-as-cryptocurrency-miners-snap-up-supply.html This is a bad time for people who want to upgrade and they can't because of this. I feel sorry whoever wants to upgrade.You32 Jun 26
Jun 26 Monitor flickering/black screen's So i am having some problems with display performance..First, my monitor will flicker (lamp flickering not on and off flickering) when loading or just sometimes playing a game. Sometimes it does it when doing other thing's like watching vids or other program's. I am running two monitor's: 22 inch 1080res & 28 inch 1440 res. When i move my mouse cursor over to my secondary monitor (1080res) the flickering stops. but when i move it over to my main display it resume's ( during loading screen's mainly). Second, recently my display has been black screening for abour 2-3 seconds randomly. I don't lose audio or response to my display or pc, i just lose visual. I have troubleshoot a lot of thing's and so far haven't worked, here is a list of thing's i have tried: Using a single monitor Changing cords Lowering graphic's Different GPU lowered resolution reformatted pc updated drivers different mobo pci slot Sent monitor to RMA overheated bios My GPU is not overclocked, and my monitor is pretty new. These issues aren't always happening. I can sometimes go all day without a problem but then sometimes it get's bad and i don't know what else to try...Please give any helpful input so that i can try to fix this! Thank you!!!Sloppymage1 Jun 26
Jun 26 Video Card advice This may be a dumb question, but how do I upgrade to a better video game card? I want to play WoW, but now this thing pops up when I hit the play button telling me that I don't meet the minimum recommended specs for WoW. It says I could still play, but I don't want everything to be terrible or have a chance to crash. As a reference, it tells me that I have operating system: Windows 7 starter pack 1, and Video Card: Intel(R) HD graphics I don't think my operating system is the problem, so how can I upgrade or get a better video card? Is there a chance that there's a way that's free? I'm not great at computer talk. Again, sorry if this a dumb question.Zorther1 Jun 26
Jun 26 Do not buy this board for AMD Ryzen!! https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16813157758 ASrock announced that this board will be listed as EOL (End Of Life) because this motherboard can not reach 3200 for RAM speed so no more BIOS updates, buyers beware!! Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6jlh6n/asrock_gaming_k4_x370_is_now_eol_as_stated_by/ http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5331&PN=12&title=x370-gaming-k4-new-bios-with-agesa-1006-outYou0 Jun 26
Jun 26 Player Housing again I know I know, in before "WoD tried it" But I think everyone should see this Nixxiom video on it, as he has some good ideas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fONdY0TIh9g And to summarize he does have a point, almost any and all new or other MMORPGs have housing, and it's a lucrative business and healthy for the in-game economy...Auction Houses FILLED in these games that bank up currency. What do you guys think?Dedaru67 Jun 26
Jun 26 Anyone else a swtor casual? I occasionally jump into Swtor to enjoy their great story telling, and I gotta say I'm absolutely loving the experience this time around. I just finished the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion this morning, and was just about to dip into the latest expansion before servers shut down for maintenance, bah! I was having so much fun too! What really draws me in is the choices you can make throughout the game that decides the fate of the people you meet along the way. It adds another level of story telling that you just don't see in other mmos. Hats off to the developers. So since I'm stuck like chuck until servers are back up, I wanted to know if anyone else jumps in from time to time specifically for the story?Nopawsbutton7 Jun 26
Jun 25 Battery power strip is it worth it? Ok so my friend had a power blink that fried the power supply on his comp. Ever since I have been thinking of buying a power strip that comes with a chargeable battery that way If they power goes out I will have time to shut down my machine properly. Do you think the cost is worth it because I heard these power strips are pretty costly.Grumbley5 Jun 25
Jun 25 Wireless gaming mouse recommendations I am looking for advice on a gaming mouse. After many different iterations, I have finally come up with an acceptable setup to play wow on the couch while my wife watches Netflix. In short, I am remote accessing my PC in the basement over a MacBook, setting it on a handy cushioned lap surface. Plugging my 12 side button razer naga works great, however it's annoying to have to move the naga up and down stairs each time I switch. The cord is also a little annoying while on the couch. I'm looking to buy another mouse so avoid constant up and down the stairs, preferably wireless if possible. The wireless 12 side button naga, however, seems to require that the charging station be wired into the laptop. The whole point for me is to remove the cord, not put it somewhere else! I'm willing to look at other brands, if such a mouse exists with a USB dongle rather than a clunky wire to contend with. Any thoughts? If I can't find one I'll probably just buy another naga and velcro up the wire as much as possible.Khimtorr5 Jun 25
Jun 25 IDE -> SATA connectors For my ongoing computer build, I had 2-3 old computers laying around and I want to get some of the old data off them (old song ideas, pics, etc). Problem is they're IDE drives. I looked on Newegg and some other searches and the 5-6 products that keep coming up seem great. I mean, it seems like such a simple issue: convert one format to another with a connector. But EVERY review for all of these products are all the same "doesn't work." I noticed that MOST of the reviews are people wanting to actually USE these old IDE drives and they're annoyed with failure rates/ data transmission rates. I don't care about that. I just want it to work for an hour, so I can transfer stuff I want off them, then I'll throw them away. I tried plugging some jump drives into the old PCs, but for whatever reason they don't get recognized (usb version conflict, or Win98 issue, or just old hardware issue). Can anyone recommend a solution for this?Brocknor9 Jun 25
Jun 25 Craigslist steal!!! So I was browsing CL today and saw a Ryzen 7 1700 for sale for $200. I didn't want to buy it but I asked what was up. He said he was building a gaming PC and lost his job and needs $200 to get a train to New York where his friend has a job for him. So he also offered me a GTX 1050 to and Corsair vengenace lpx ddr4 memory 2x8 for $300. I declined at first and he offered to go down to $250. I ended up paying him $300 because it didn't feel right. Anywho if you missed my stream, I rebuilt my original ryzen system and managed to OC the CPU and RAM. Below are the specs Ryzen 7-1700 Corsair H100i v2 Asus x370 Pro 4x8GB Corsair vengenace lpx memory (2x8 in the mail) Samsung 960 Evo 250gb nvme SSD Crucial mx300 1tb SSD Corsair 460x w/ 6xSP 120 RGB EVGA G2 550W 80+ Gold PSU EVGA GTX 1080 Hybrid CPU Ratio: 40 Core Voltage: 1.375V SoC Voltage: 1.2V Memory Voltage: 1.35V Memory speed 2933MHz Results: Package Temp: 48*C CPU Wattage: 55w Interestingly enough my Ryzen 5-1600 runs at 1.425V to hit 4GHz hits over 70*C and pulls.more than 100w. And the 1700x at stock pulled nearly 100W and 1.4V at stock.Snaeb3 Jun 25
Jun 24 Razer Naga Mouse Problem - Num Lock going off So, those of you that have one should know that on the bottom of the mouse is a switch, containing the options 123 and num. In my case, I use the num option. This allows me to bind my numpad numbers onto the side of the mouse. HOWEVER IN ORDER FOR THIS SETUP TO WORK, NUM LOCK MUST BE ON. (At least for me.) At times, however, IT SEEMS THAT MY NUMLOCK RANDOMLY TURNS ITSELF OFF. This causes a good 12+ of my binds to not work until I notice that num lock magically turned off. Is there some key combination that turns of num lock? Because I know for sure that I am not turning it off on my own accord. Has anyone else had this problem?Stang6 Jun 24
Jun 24 poor 4k performance Current PC: CPU - 5930k GPU - Zotac 1080 Ram - 16gb ddr4 2666 Hey guys, experiencing a slight issue. I'm playing without vsync on so my GPU usage is pegged @ 100% like I'd expect it, but my framerate just tanks in certain areas in broken isles, along with raids. If I run NH or EN, if there is more than 10 people in the group or a lot going on, my FPS plummets to below 30. Sitting in Dal I'm at a goo 90-120. I don't even have everything maxed out. Graphics are on high and view distance is set to 7. This isn't a really graphically intensive game so I'm a bit surprised at this poor performance. Any ideas?Chillytouch5 Jun 24
Jun 24 Triss or Yennefer? (poss spoilers) With the Witcher Netflix series coming out I decided this would be an interesting topic to discuss with my fellow Witcher fans. Triss of Yennefer who do you think Geralt is better off with and why? I will get the ball rolling. I think Yennefer is the better choice of Geralt because of the that that she is not the kind person she seems to be at first.? If Triss did not know who Geralt was then I would let this slide. However Triss KNEW who Geralt was and KNEW of his relationship with Yennefer. However instead of doing the RIGHT thing and trying to reunite Geralt with Yennefer Triss decided to take advantage of Geralt's memory loss in an attempt to steal him from Yennefer. What Triss did was Low VERY LOW. That is why I think Yennefer is the better choice for Geralt. Feel free to comment below.Frakett0 Jun 24
Jun 23 Lenovo Legion 520 vs Asus GL753VE My wife and I have had our Sony Vaio F series laptops for almost 5 years now (i7 2.2ghz chip, GTX540M, 8GB Ram) and all we use them for is WoW (MacBook Pros for normal use). We were in Costco today and saw the titled laptops. I've been looking to get new laptops for us, and as I've researched, the consensus is that WoW really only uses 1 Core and therefore is very dependent on high GHZ CPU's moreso than other games. These 2 laptops both run at 2.8 GHZ with the i7 7700 HQ Chip, and they both have the GTX 1050i 4GB GPU, 16GB RAM, SSD+1TB drives. My question is, which of these 2 should I buy for us, or is there another brand/model I should be looking at in the $1200 range? The Asus is 1200, the Lenovo is 1000. While cost is not really a limiting factor, on principal, I'm just not willing to spend more on 2 laptops we will only use for WoW. https://www.costco.com/ASUS-ROG-GL753VE-Laptop---Intel-Core-i7---4GB-NVIDIA-Graphics---1080p.product.100341998.html https://www.costco.com/Lenovo-LEGION-Y520-Gaming-Laptop---Intel-Core-i7---4GB-NVIDIA-Graphics---1080p.product.100347159.html Thank you for any suggestions.Latakia8 Jun 23
Jun 23 GPU underperforming in Broken Isles It completely starts in stutter in the Broken Isles for no reason. My Computer is a powerhouse, it has top of the line specs, why is this happening?Naturesclaws36 Jun 23
Jun 23 New Comp Build I just would like some ideas for a new pc build. All I want to know is the minimum requirements for running WoW on ultra at 30 fps. Maybe a little twitch streaming but that's basically all this build would be used for. Also are their any pre assembled packages made rdy to do this for a reasonable price? Laptops aren't out of the question if they come try to go. No Macs! Lol. Windows only. Thanks for any and all ideas.Vorgol27 Jun 23
Jun 23 CPU max load at 30%? At complete max settings and 200% render scale at 1920x1080 I am seeing a average CPU load of 30%. This coincides with a 25-40fps frame rate in Suramar city proper. Is this a normal CPU load? i7-6700k gtx 1070.Kelotheron8 Jun 23
Jun 22 Not very good framerate So I recently got a new gpu (MSI GeForce GTX 1060 AERO ITX 6G OC) but the performance in raids in WoW is extremely poor. It works fine in most open worlds (around 50fps on level 7 graphics) but in raids or other crowded area's the framerate is less than 20fps on 50% render scale and level 1 graphics. Current specs: Intel i7 960 @3.20GHz (quad core threaded to eight cores) 24gbs of ram (not sure about which kind of memory) 6TB Raid 6 HD space Windows Server 2012 (the os I used before, changing to Windows 10 soon) If there's any relevant specs I'm missing please tell me cause I'm tired and can't think. So why is the framerate so bad? I'm sure it should run better, being a 1060 that can run Overwatch at 80+ frames on maxed graphics.Pedrius4 Jun 22
Jun 22 Blizzard MMO Does anyone ever think we would get a Star Craft MMO obviously similar to WoW's playstyle? I think it would be such an awesome thing being able to travel around space in the Starcraft Universe. What are all your thoughts on this and classes and storylines that could be implemented?Ithreliax28 Jun 22
Jun 22 cant play WoW well from external harddrive I was trying to play WoW from my external harddrive since I've run out of room on my SSD and my INTERNAL harddrive isn't letting me install anything at all on it, no matter what, but I freezed horribly for 10 seconds or so at a time each time it happens, and so I went to uninstall it from the laptop (left remnant files on laptop and technically installed on there), and now having to reinstall the entire game on both SSD and external harddrive. someone PLEASE tell me there's a way I can properly play from my external harddrive!Onedrunkmonk9 Jun 22
Jun 22 Using a Joystick WHY IS THAT NO ONE HAS COME UP WITH A WAY TO CONFIGURE A JOYSTICK FOR MOVING AROUND THE GAME USING A JOYSTICK?Nakhatkuuga6 Jun 22
Jun 22 Why does Activision Want to make CoD into Starcraft? I hate Infinite Warfare.Unholyjerk0 Jun 22
Jun 21 Deleted post deleted postChikpeas0 Jun 21
Jun 20 Command Line I'm having troubles with my system and forgot the command line to open the system monitor tool that sees hard shut downs. I've used it in the past, but completely forgot what it was. It shows a graph of a time line with all hard shut downs. Thanks.Krumbles2 Jun 20
Jun 20 Call of Duty WW2 on Battle.net Since Destiny 2 by activision is coming to battle.net, Will we see other games like Call of Duty?Demonseven3 Jun 20
Jun 19 IRADDIATE OVERWATCH GAMEPLAY TRAILER #1 FTWITACHI- #IRRADIATE! [ #LETSPLAY #OVERWATCH #POTG #ULTIMATE #GAMEPLAY #TRAILER ] https://youtu.be/mXaaXHX7gP8 via @YouTube Whatsup everybody, hope you enjoy our first of two trailers for "IRRADIATE" which is going to be an Overwatch Play Of The Game with all heroes using their Ultimate yes that includes Widowmaker and Symmetra :D haha, let me know what you think, stay tuned for our cinematic trailer number two, with this one focusing more on the gameplay aspect!  Got questions hit us up in the comment section and please be sure to check out the description box for all info, #Share #Like #Subscribe #Favorite #YouTube FTWITACHI- #IRRADIATE! [ #LETSPLAY #OVERWATCH #POTG #ULTIMATE #GAMEPLAY #TRAILER ] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXaaXHX7gP8Ftwitachi1 Jun 19
Jun 19 Please help. I am coming back after losing my computer in a flood back in August. I am looking into buying a new setup. I would consider myself a semi-hardcore player when I was playing. You know not Glad or anything but not a casual player. Always was stuck in the 1900-2k area I guess. With that being said I have in the $1000 dollar range give or take some to spen on a setup. What I would like it to be able to do is run wow at fairly high FPS (50-70+ I assume is high and good performance?) while playing BGs/RBGS/Arena on high settings and streaming dual screen capability if possible. Keep in mind that I literally know nothing about computers and what it takes to get good performance out of them. The only thing I will be using this computer for is WoW, Streaming, Music while streaming. Please give recommendations with links. Everyones input and help would be greatly appreciated. You are welcome to tell me I am bat!@#$ crazy if I am expecting to much performance for too little money and can give me more of a ball park and direction I should be looking to get what I want.Cetroo7 Jun 19
Jun 19 Fun Balloon Popping Game Hey guys, ever heard of Bloons? it's a game where you use monkeys to pop balloons lol http://www.gameprehacks.com/2746/bloons-tower-defense-5-hacked/ have fun :)Gratitude1 Jun 19
Jun 19 May I get some help on a build. I spent the last few days trying to educate myself on computer parts and putting the thing together. Frankly I'm more lost than before. I'm 3 episodes into a 7 part series and feel like I'm going to take a grand mal. I'm embarrassed to say, I don't know f*** all about computers. :| And I could use some help on my first build. I ran into our towns Staples, the 3 laptops they available were 1450$+ That's with out the taxes. After some Googling pretty sure I can build a solid tower for cheaper. I have a budget of 850$ The only game I play is WoW, and I'll be using it for occasional School work. "I have a decent computer screen at least :s" With that budget could I get good game play? The WoW errors now are insane. I'm at 7fps, and anytime there's Green Flames or Lava I crash lol. This computer doesn't meat the minimal requirements any more. If I could get some help "on a build" I would be soo grateful. It would be nice to play the game for the first time near high. WOULD THAT BE POSSIBLE? :O Thank you very very much. <3 Edit: Oh god, thought I should mention Canadian currency.Cribble8 Jun 19
Jun 18 WoW in 3D (Nvidia) Good Evening, I was wondering if anyone has been able to set up WoW:WoD to run in 3D using the Nvidia Glasses. WoW refuses to run in 3D for me. I have tried other games like Diablo 3, Tomb Raider, etc and they all work but WoW just doesn't. Please help!Shydori10 Jun 18
Jun 18 Proud slacker I only get to work from home 2 days a week (if I'm lucky). Most of the time, I'm in the office/ not doing work at home. My new rig has a SSD for the OS and gaming, and a HDD for all my work stuff (spreadsheets, etc). What I noticed is that when I first turn it on/ come out of sleep-mode, I can hear the HDD spinning up. But I'm rarely going to need this. Is there a way to keep the HDD "asleep" until I actually click on Excel or need something off that drive? Kinda defeats the purpose of building a super silent rig, and then RRRrrrrr-WHIIIRRRRRRR every time it starts up. To say nothing of the wear and tear... if I don't need it, don't come on.Brocknor11 Jun 18
Jun 18 GPU upgrade didn't do so much Hey all, I'm in the process of updating my PC since it's been about 3-4 years. I still get decent frame rates in raids, probably in the 18-30 range depending on what's happening. I play pretty casually now and only play WoW. PC Specs: AMD FX-6300 MSI Gaming 970 MB 8GB DDR3 GeForce GTX 750 TI Today I picked up and installed an MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G to replace my lower end and aging 750 Ti, assuming it would give me the biggest upgrade potential. While it's definitely an improvement, I feel like the results are lackluster for the ~$300 I spent on the card. I'm going to guess that the CPU is a bottleneck. I've been eyeing the i5 7600k and LGA1151 MB of some kind with some DDR4 RAM as the next purchase. Would it have made more sense for WoW to do the CPU first?Rendishen24 Jun 18
Jun 17 Advertising Destiny 2 on Launcher Doesn't Blizzard realize that by advertising this game on their launcher they are saying it meets their quality standards? I hope that it actually meets Blizzards quality, b/c otherwise they are endorsing a poor product and Blizzard should never do so... Comments? Oh, and it's not like they need more money...Lightandsalt3 Jun 17
Jun 17 Destiny 2 to have PS4-exclusive content https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-destiny-2-ps4-exclusive-items-revealed/1100-6450871/ So in other words, Blizzard secured an arrangement whereby those of us who buy the game and play it via the Blizzard platform (aka battle.net) will get less content for the same price as those who buy it on console. I guess that's just the way these things go anymore, but if Blizzard wanted to impress the gaming industry as a stand-up company they ought to pull support for Destiny 2 until the content is released for all platforms (or at least until the PC version is not locked out of any exclusives).Lorinall14 Jun 17