Games, Gaming and Hardware

Sep 25 Desktop Help! I'm looking into either buying or building a PC (I have absolutely no idea what I really need) and am in need of what would run WoW at good FPS and graphics. I've been looking into CyberpowerPC's and I've heard great things from them. I currently play on my macbook pro for college but decided that gaming on it is getting harder and harder and I've wanted a desktop. Does anyone have preferences of builds they might have or pre-built pc's they would recommend?Niepti5 Sep 25
Sep 25 This is more than good enough, right? I was hesitant about this laptop, because it's a Dell, but the specs seem good, right? http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-15-7000-gaming/spd/inspiron-15-7567-laptop/dncwf510sKraylune6 Sep 25
Sep 25 Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon Starter? Heya! So, I thought it could be fun to talk about which starter you'll be going with in the upcoming Pokemon games Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon releasing in November. Still on the fence about getting it, but still want to talk about starters! I'm thinking... Shuppet! Banette is one of my favorites, with Ghost being my favorite type. With the recently given away Bannettite, I can possibly get Banette to mega-evolve during the playthrough. Maybe even a shiny one. I'm also kind of feeling an Onix. Honestly not sure why, but I've always enjoyed Onix since seeing one as a kid while watching the show. Steelix is pretty cool! So is the mega. Part of me wants to mix it up and use a Pokemon I've never used before. Like a Mareep! I haven't seen an Ampharos in years. So! What about you? Which starter do you plan to use?Zenjii6 Sep 25
Sep 25 Razer Naga Mouse Problem - Num Lock going off So, those of you that have one should know that on the bottom of the mouse is a switch, containing the options 123 and num. In my case, I use the num option. This allows me to bind my numpad numbers onto the side of the mouse. HOWEVER IN ORDER FOR THIS SETUP TO WORK, NUM LOCK MUST BE ON. (At least for me.) At times, however, IT SEEMS THAT MY NUMLOCK RANDOMLY TURNS ITSELF OFF. This causes a good 12+ of my binds to not work until I notice that num lock magically turned off. Is there some key combination that turns of num lock? Because I know for sure that I am not turning it off on my own accord. Has anyone else had this problem?Stang8 Sep 25
Sep 25 Uninstall CCleaner if you have it, NOW Not my PC: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/342740846082260994/359881768607678464/unknown.png CCleaner got hijacked and hackers are putting malware on this software http://www.businessinsider.com/avast-piriform-ccleaner-hijacked-trojan-malware-2017-9You5 Sep 25
Sep 25 dying keyboard on MSI laptop hey guys, never posted here but this issue popped up in the last 3 days and it has completely ruined my ability to play the game. I've had this MSI laptop for 2 years with 0 issues but very recently, multiple keys on the keyboard are unresponsive, or periodically stop working. holding down my strafe key will move my character, but he 'clips', as if the key stops registering the command for a split second. Sometimes the key stops working entirely. I thought it was just some dirt or something under the key, but then it happened on 3. Then alt and tab. It's happened on over ten keys now. I don't notice it when i'm not playing, but then again I don't use the keyboard even 1/10th as much. I've already uninstalled my keyboard driver and rebooted, didn't work. I don't have an external keyboard to plug in and test. Not really sure what to do here. Possibly a system restore to an earlier date? I find it strange that this started happening very abruptly. If anyone has any hunches or has experienced this kind of thing before I'd love some assistance, thanks.Worship3 Sep 25
Sep 24 Where to begin the upgrades? Hi! Wondering what upgrades are going to have the most effect as well as making sure this system can last into the next xpac. Will only be doing 1080p and don't need to have maxed out settings at all. Currently running: -i3 2120 oc'd @ 3.3 -stock fan (have never had heat issues) -Radeon HD 7850 w/2 gb -8 gigs ddr3 -MSI-B75MA-E33 -Seasonic 620w power supply I get about 45-60 fps @ level 7 graphic settings with MSAA8x when questing and I would be happy to just maintain these settings throughout the next xpac. Would a CPU upgrade or GPU upgrade be a better investment? Was thinking of going with a GTX 1060 3gb, but I am concerned that it will be bottlenecked by the CPU. I could spend the money on a CPU instead or I suppose I could spend a little bit more and upgrade both to a lower tier combo like a GTX 1050Ti and whatever CPU that will fit and still be an upgrade. Any thoughts are appreciated!Cocoñut2 Sep 24
Sep 24 Looking to buy new laptop - advice on specs Hi all, Looking to buy a new laptop and I've come across Metabox Alpha N850HJ Details are: 15.6" FHD 1920x1080 IPS WVA Matte 60Hz LED NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 VRAM Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor (6M Cache up to 3.80 GHz) 16GB DDR4 2400MHZ (1 x 16GB) SK Hynix SC308 256GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD 1TB 5400RPM Slim Line HDD Intel 3168 AC Dual Band WIFI/BT (up to 433 Mbps) Just seeing if anyone has any advice if this will be good enough to run wow with system / graphics settings turned up high? Or if any suggestions on another laptop would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanceRejuvonnate7 Sep 24
Sep 24 Anyone getting Destiny 2 on PC??? Yeah I know I'll probably get a bunch of flak for doing this but I don't care. Spinecloud#1859 Would be awesome to hit the raid next month with some like minded PvE'ers. Definitely going to be doing weekly raid clears. Add me if you're going to be hitting that upCaennon4 Sep 24
Sep 24 Advice? Considering an upgrade (GPU/CPU) Hey there. I was hoping some of you could give me some advice on upgrading my PC. I'm currently seeing a lot of frame loss with my current system when flying around in Legion areas. I see massive FPS loss in raid settings with almost all of my settings on low. Current system: OS: Windows 10 64-bit CPU: i5-2500K Memory: 8GB DDR4 GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (4GB VRAM) I can't really tell if I'm getting loss due to CPU throttling or due to my GPU. I've done some research and have seen several claims that the 290 is still a very powerful card for 1080p. On the other hand, my CPU is pretty ancient (good ol' Sandy Bridge). I was eyeing the GTX 1070 but was hoping to get some opinions from you all on how much of an upgrade this would be or if it was more related to my CPU. I would like to stay below $400 (because I'd otherwise just get a Vega). According to this: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/RX_480_STRIX_OC/23.html upgrading to a 1070 in 1080p is about a ~60% increase in performance. If you're curious about my configured in-game settings, they are in the picture below. https://i.imgur.com/NcsdHCa.png Thanks for any help in advance!Furzerker3 Sep 24
Sep 24 Laptop For WoW - returning player. Looking to get back into WoW again. What kind of performance should I get using this https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-gl502vm-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hard-drive-black/5712362.p?skuId=5712362&productCategoryId= I bought https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-256gb-solid-state-drive-black/5872507.p?skuId=5872507 and was unsatisfied, It played WoW fine in medium settings but the looks of the laptop were disgusting lol. Should I just fork out the money for https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-gs-series-stealth-pro-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hdd-256gb-ssd-aluminum-black/5712735.p?skuId=5712735 since i care what my laptop looks like as well ? I don't want it to screen "I PLAY GAMES" I also have the chance to buy this for $500. I can bump the memory to 16 for free. MSI GAMING LAPTOP MODEL GL62 6QF-628 - 15.6" Screen - 6th Generation Intel Core i5 6300HQ. ( 2.30 GHz) - NVIDIA GeFore GTX 960M - 8 GB Memory - 1 TB HDD - WINDOWS 10 64 BitTherindor2 Sep 24
Sep 23 Checking the specs Hey guys Looking at new PC for general use and to play WoW. Only interested in mid level settings and maybe some occassional raiding but certainly not a hardcore player. These are the specs and my main concern is the GPU (remembering I am happy with mid range settings) i7-7500U Processor 8GB, DDR4 RAM 17.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) AMD Radeon™ R7 M445 Graphics with 4G GDDR5 Graphics Memory Thanks in advanceUghsteak1 Sep 23
Sep 23 What should i expect? Hey folks, So the recent update of WOW made the system i played wow on nearly unable to play the game anymore. I needed a laptop as i travel a ton, and i had a tight budget. Through a hook up i was able to get my hands on a Asus GL753VD it was a great deal and i jumped on it. Just waiting on delivery at the moment. I would like to ask you techy geniuses what i should expect from its hardware set up. Settings wise, and fps? i know it will be a drastic upgrade from what im used to so im sure i'll be happy, just curious is all. CPU: i7 7700 kaby lake GPU: GTX 1050 4gb (i know the Ti and the 1060 run better, but it's what i could get) Ram: 16gbClias0 Sep 23
Sep 23 Can any tech gurus help me upgrade parts? Hi, I am not that knowledgeable with hardware, so I don't know what's compatible... and I have two ancient computers and I want to upgrade them so my family can play WoW with average graphics quality settings and 60 fps (If possible!) Buying a whole new computer isn't in my budget so for now I just want to upgrade parts.. I would like to spend no more than $250 if possible. If you need more of the computer specs let me know, I greatly appreciate any advice. First PC (asus): (Can currently run wow at 60 fps, at poor quality/800x600) CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 220 Regor 45nm Technology Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. CM1730CM1830 (AM3) GPU: 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5450 Ram: 4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 Second PC(emachine ET1331G-05W): (Barely runs wow at about 8 FPS) CPU: Amd Athlon II x2 250u Motherboard: MCP61PM-GM (CPU 1) GPU: Geforce 7300 SE/7200 GS Ram: 6GB DDR2Elvath2 Sep 23
Sep 22 Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 or Scarlett solo? I just ordered an AT2035, and I plan on doing podcasts and twitch streaming. I see the scarlett 2i2 being recommended by just about everyone, but since I don't need two mic imports, could I get away with saving money and getting the solo? Is there a reason people recommend the 2i2 specifically?Pstachío0 Sep 22
Sep 22 HELP - Overclocking Hi all, I would like to some insight and advice on overclocking my built computer for better performance. I have i5 7600K, MSI Z270 SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151, Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 16 GB (8 x 2), EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB FTW+ GAMING ACX 3.0, 6GB GDDR5 and cooler Cryorig H5 Universal CR-H5A. I have overclocked both of them just a tiny little bit - CPU by going through BIOs and GPU with MSI Afterburner. But i dont think i did a good job. Is it safe to overclock both CPU and GPU for better performance boost? How can I do that in a way that wont damage my parts? What are some safe standard limit i should keep in mind when doing so? Which softwares are good to test overclocked performance for both GPU and CPU? How will overclocking my CPU to maybe 4.6 ~ 4.8 help my performance - do you know? I'm totally noob in this area. I would like to have stable fps and better performance than factory setting... Please help - much appreciated :)Gawdfree2 Sep 22
Sep 22 Will this play WoW? Buying as a backup Hi folks, my main computer is starting to show it's age and I'm looking at a laptop as an emergency backup. My primary uses are playing WoW, watching videos from netflix or Hulu, and keeping in touch with family (if it can handle WoW I know it can deal with everthing else). I came across this one at an affordable price, but I honestly don't how it stacks up to WoW. Helpfull comments and/or suggestions are greatfully appreciated! "Dell Inspiron i57652764GRY 17.3" Laptop, Windows 10 Home, AMD A12-9700P Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive" Specs : Brand Dell Screen Size 17.3" Condition New Operating System Windows 10 RAM Memory 8 GB Model I57652764GRY Hard Drive Capacity 1 TB Video Game Platform PC Manufacturer Part Number i5765-2764GRY Processor Type AMD A12-9700P Quad-Core Processor Processor Speed 2.50 GHzPanshredbank3 Sep 22
Sep 21 Help With New Hardware Hello, guys I'm about to buy a new PC to play wow, i'm just tired of playing wow on -1 graph.. Is this good enough for play wow on 5+: Intel Core i7 7700k 4.2 RAM 8GB DDR4 2666MHz/1.2V (PC4-21300) Kingston HyperX Fury Mobo GIGABYTE for Intel LGA 1151 mATX GA-B250M-GAMING 3 DDR4 Water Cooler Corsair Hydro Series H75 i already have a GeForce GTX1050 Ti Ty for your time!Nuoli11 Sep 21
Sep 20 New desktop AND laptop, please recommend Hello Everyone! I'm coming back after nearly 2 years gone, my current PC's are shot. I don't know much of anything about computers, what I would like is one desktop and one laptop, both able to play WoW pretty good, I won't be playing any other games. I have gift cards up the wazoo for Amazon site. I have $1200 total to buy two, so naturally they are not going to be top of the line. Just looking for two decent pc's. Thanks for any help!Helenkeller7 Sep 20
Sep 19 Looking for a new desktop or laptop I've never had anything fantastic to play on, but I've been interested in getting something in the "mid range" so to speak. Basically, I'd like to get 40-60fps consistently while raiding and not break the bank. I have zero knowledge of building a PC so that's out of the question, so I'm somewhat limited to prebuilts. I just want to get my money's worth out of a computer. The only game I play currently is WoW, but I may be enticed to play other games in the future. I do not plan on running WoW on anything higher than setting 7 unless I can buy a PC for a reasonable price that can run 8+.Ltprerunner10 Sep 19
Sep 19 Naga Keybinds Hey folks, I have been having trouble with my Naga keybinds lately and can't seem to figure out what the problem is. I am trying to get my shift modifiers to work on a separate action bar but they do not work at all. For almost 3 years up until about a month ago, I bonded each naga button in the razer synapse as (alt+1,alt+2...alt+=) and used them on 1 action bar as well as having another action bar with those same 12 buttons, only difference is they were keybinded with a shift modifier (shift+alt+1,shift+alt+2...shift+alt+=) and it worked great with the exception of having to update the synapse every now and then. Also, my key binds were being used with bartender, not sure if that makes a difference. For some reason, my modifiers just stopped working and I would appreciate any insight as to why. I saw a video online where a guy made macros and keybinded them but he explained it terribly and it didn't seem to work for me. I really thought this is a simple issue I could fix with a quick google search but nothing has come up! Thanks to all in advance.Càsstiel10 Sep 19
Sep 18 Leet PC, Still FPS dips This PC can maintain 60FPS at maximum settings with all of my games... except WoW. In parts of Suramar and in some Raid-boss battles I will dip to 40-50fps for a brief moment. Is WoW really that poorly optimized? Specs or here is a link to the PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/nMV6Mp CPU: 7700k @ 4.8GHz (delidded) Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 GPU: GTX 1080 @ 2.0GHz RAM: 16GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz SSD: 500GB 850EVO MB: MSI Gaming M5 PSU: EVGA G2 550WDamuzî41 Sep 18
Sep 16 advice on upgrading hey Wowers, question for y'all. I have a slower than slow laptop atm, and am looking to upgrade, I think i may have found the unit, here are the specs, do you think it'll be able to run wow ok? Processor: Intel Core i5 (2.5GHz, 3.0MB) Display: 17.3" HD (1600x900) Memory: 8GB DDR4 SDRAM Storage: 1TB (5400rpm) Graphic: AMD Radeon 530Raleesa5 Sep 16
Sep 16 Best utilizing internal + external SSDs? Hi guys, I recently picked up a new machine that has an internal 512GB SSD. I also opted to pick up the new Samsung T5 1TB external SSD as well. For those of you in a similar situation or with knowledge on the topic, how do you guys best manage your distribution of files, apps, etc amongst the two? My goal was to keep the internal HD for OS and essentials applications only (although I'm not exactly sure what I would classify as essential just yet). The external, would be for other things. Given I have the appropriate high-speed cable, could WoW run just fine from this external SSD as it would from the internal? Thanks all!Nebulyx9 Sep 16
Sep 16 Advice on updating PC Hi all, I'm looking to upgrade my pc within the next few months, it's 3.5ish years old. I'm wondering what will benefit me the most to upgrade. I'm thinking a new processor and graphics card will help. Leaning towards intel processor but not sure if I'd need a new motherboard as well. I will be mostly using the rig for wow,overwatch, PUBG , some random skyrim and maybe destiny 2. Not sure about how much i want to spend but probably $300-400ish. Heres my hardware and thank you for your time: MSI A78m- E45 FM23 micro ATX AMD motherboard https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130747 A10-6800k richland 4.1GHz socketFM2 100w quad core processor https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113331 G.Skill ripjaws x Series 8gb(2x4gb)Desktop memory https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231476 WD blue 1 TB desktop Hard Disk drive- 7200 rpm https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339 Sapphire radeon hd 7770 gh 1 GB graphics card https://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graphics-11201-17-20G/dp/B00A0HZOEAThedemonh29 Sep 16
Sep 15 Anyone here buying Intel gen8? Whos with me on getting the 8700k?Vureesa50 Sep 15
Sep 15 Should I buy this? I am looking to buy a new laptop for gaming. I only play WoW and Overwatch. Does the below laptop any good? I am not tech savvy anymore on computers. https://www.flipkart.com/msi-gp-core-i7-7th-gen-16-gb-1-tb-hdd-128-gb-ssd-windows-10-home-4-graphics-gp62-7rdx-gaming-laptop/p/itmet95tcfzugvkf?lid=LSTCOMET95TNJX5TCFKGVQ6EG&pid=COMET95TNJX5TCFKKrisher3 Sep 15
Sep 15 Overwatch as a solo player (Can't post in overwatch forum, don't have game) I'm thinking about buying Overwatch but is it fun for a solo player? I googled and found a thread with 63 upvotes saying don't buy it if you're a solo player. But I've been a solo player in wow for like 8 years and I still have a lot of fun. If it's anything like the way random BGs go I wouldn't mind too much. ThanksDaisypoo4 Sep 15
Sep 14 Zboard issue So... I bought this Zboard from the blizzard store about a year ago. I finally today decided to use it. After having multiple issues w/ the installation CD, I go to the zboard site, click on USB keyboard and install the proper drivers. After everything is said and done, my wotlk keyset still does not work properly. I am running a Windows 7 home OS and have the drivers properly installed. The keyboard normal functions work. The issue I'm having is with the additional keyset. None of the functions besides the arrow keys are working. Any help would greatly be appreciated.Leafz3 Sep 14
Sep 14 Could I run WoW from an SSD? Could I set up WoW to run from my SSD while using the OS from a regular HDD? If so how do I set that up? Is there any negatives to using that?Murcielagos5 Sep 14
Sep 14 The Importance of "Max" Settings I wanted to take a minute here and take a look at WoW's max settings. We get a lot of people asking why they're only getting 45-50fps in crowded areas at max settings. Well, the usual answer is that WoW essentially has to wait for the server for a lot of it's calculations. And while that's true, I don't personally think that's the whole story. With the addition of Legion, the graphics options in the game have three whole settings above what we had in WoD. "7" on the graphics preset slider is what WoD's "Ultra" was. If you were getting 90fps in WoD at max settings, don't expect to crank them up to 10 in Legion and get the same performance. Graphic Presets 8, 9, and 10, are extremely demanding compared to Preset 7 and below. And truthfully there isn't a whole lot of gain there. Here's an example: Windows - https://i.imgur.com/6VS9C2l.png Mac - https://i.imgur.com/5bhnAWK.png This image is taken from a rig running an i7-6700k, a GTX 1080, and 64GB of 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM. As you can see, I have absolutely everything maxed out, and I'm averaging about 45-50 fps in Val'Sharah on Kil'Jaeden. A very active server during peak times. Now let's look at what happens when I bring just a few of the most demanding settings down to modest levels: Windows - https://i.imgur.com/wFoXTnp.png Mac - https://i.imgur.com/NPilsG8.png All I did was turn down the View Distance, Environmental Detail, Liquid Detail, Shadow Quality, and Sunshafts, and I got an extra 50fps. I didn't even disable all of them. I just turned most of them down a notch or two. The point I'm making is that you can get very respectable fps in WoW at near max settings without much of a graphical loss. You just have to know which settings are abnormally demanding. The usual culprits are Shadow Quality, Liquid Detail, and View Distance.Stoneblade18 Sep 14
Sep 14 ADSL 2+ to VDSL 2+ Improvements? Hello, anyone here recently gone from ADSL 2+ to VDSL 2? and what kind of speeds are you getting with VDSL2? I live in Chesterville Maine, We have 3 Projects underway for VDSL 2 and Fairpoint is offering 100mbps / 50mbps at there top tier plan, nothing is active yet so I'm curious to what improvements people saw. I currently have a max of 8mbps down, 0.40mbps up with adsl 2+Demonseven6 Sep 14
Sep 14 Nexus 6p get Pixel XL replace post warranty http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/09/13/google-offering-nexus-6p-owners-pixel-xl-warranty-replacement/ So to preface how I stumbled into this my fiance the other day decided to jump ship from Apple despite being a long time supporter because she prefers open source. I had a Nexus 6p that I purchased on 12/23/15 and used it til I got a pixel in November and since I haven't used it. 2 days ago she activated my 6p to see if she should switch to the pixel 2 when it comes out. She likes it but the battery is garbage probably due to sitting around. We called our local phone repair shop and they said $70 to replace the battery. That was a great price but I called Google first. ... So we went ahead and called google. We explained that we factory 3 days ago and have minimum apps. Battery saver makes it worse. They said that since I purchased it from Google (found my receipt) we qualified for a special exchange program. ... That's when I googled around and found this posted today. The phone order should be sent to me shortly. She's beyond happy about it but it's legit. ... This is really awesome that they are doing this even 9 months past the 1 year warranty. To my credit, I wanted to buy googles coverage but after they ship it you cannot add it on, you have to return the phone and repurchase it. They did do a preauthorized debt on my card for $770+tax but I just received the email to confirm my order. She is beyond happy!Snaeb4 Sep 14
Sep 12 New Laptop help? Hello all, I'm in the process of buying a new laptop and was wondering what kind/what specs would be able to run WoW comfortably. I also play Hearthstone ane League, so I'd like something that would be able to run a few games at a good speed and quality. I'm considering the $350-400 price range. Any help/ recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!Chins2 Sep 12
Sep 11 simillar games for garrison and missions? I especially like the Naval missions on garrison shipyard of wod. now looking for simillar games that more complicated and has challenging contents. anyone? p.s. im not talking about a legion class hall missions, the faceroll contents. i prefer higher difficulty games.Dln1 Sep 11
Sep 10 Black screen after bios Hey! Wifeys computer looks to be dying. i5 3450, gtx 780, 650w evga g2 etc, basic ddr3, asrock board. I'm compiling a list of troubleshooting steps to complete. Right now it's the basics. Clear cmos Try different GPU Try one stick ram yada yada Bios screen will flash. I can get into the bios. Windows loading screen appears, sometimes with what looks like artifacting running horizontally across the screen. Will not boot to the desktop. I'm thinking it's the GPU. Any other ideas for me to try please feel free to give suggestions.Shottielol5 Sep 10
Sep 9 Grinding/Whirring Sound-HDD Dying? Hey, all. As I play games, I'm starting to hear a bit of a grinding and whirring sound. I want to make sure that my HDD is dying before I go out and get a replacement. I have HD Tune Pro, and it gives an OK for the HDD. Even ran some error scans to make sure its good. Note: I use a SSD for my OS, so the only thing I'd lose is games that I can just redownload.Agen3 Sep 9
Sep 9 Gamepad and MMO mouse? Hey there! I have a useless index finger and can't reach too far with it. I do a ton of keybinds but want to see if it'll be simplified with a gamepad and mouse with extra buttons. My hands are probably slightly ahead of medium for dudes. I'm looking at the Logitech g13 and Razer orbweaver (looks smaller) and the corsair scimitar since you can slide the buttons around and a Razer hex v2. I claw grip so I think the corsair would be ideal? Do any of you run a combo like this and don't have Gregor Clegane sized hands? :o Any opinions before I make some purchases?Gorvius2 Sep 9
Sep 9 New Laptop for WoW and College I am going to be getting a new laptop in the next week or so and will be using it for college and WoW as well as other games. I am currently trying to pick between the gigabyte aero 14 and 15. I know they are very similar but does anyone have experience with either of them and recommend one over the other? Thanks Edit: Added links Aero 14 https://m.newegg.com/products/9SIA57X5MM3673 Aero 15 https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16834233205RKiwikunnt6 Sep 9
Sep 9 wasn't sure where to post this but.... the game is treating my character Overloard in the icecrown realm as if he is alliance but he's undead horde can you please fix this blizzard?Brisingr1 Sep 9
Sep 9 Computer upgrade i think i need to upgrade my computer its getting around 6 years old now and not handling wow like it use to . I'm not sure just to upgrade the CPU, ram and motherboard or just start a new build. trying to do it on a budget though like under $1500. my current specs are CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Ram DDR3 8 GB Graphics card Gefore GTX 770 motherboard Asus M5A88-M Power supply corsair tx850 was thinking of getting CPU I5 7600K GTX 1060 3GB SSD 500GB not sure on motherboard yet ram 16GB DDR4Tylael3 Sep 9
Sep 8 Ryzen 5 1600 the king of gaming for WoW? **UPDATE** I tried my Asus x370 Pro board and it will NOT post with my Ryzen 5 chip. My ASrock B350 Pro4 cannot OC memory. I did however just do a video on overclocked R5-1600 vs I5-7600k (700MHz over base each) and ran AotS, Ghost Recon Wildlands, For Honor and Cinebench. I ran the games at 1080p/1440p. I'll be uploading tonight. I'll do some WoW raiding soon. So I will publish my results AS WELL as show the link to my channel, but this way if you don't want to give me views you don't have to! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4dU-TVzsxA Now this is just the first tests and everything was at stock including ram at 2133MHz. But look below for the surprising results! Below are the platforms I used: ... ... Below are my results: World of Warcraft Flight from Dalaran to Starsong, Max settings 8 view distance/clutter 4xMSAA 1440p R5-1600 65.19 54.68 59.94 (Average) I5-7600k 55.81 60.10 57.96 (Average) GTA V 1440p Max settings (Ran this once each, need to rerun to validate) R5-1600 76.38 84.89 99.59 110.61 123.35 98.96 (Average of the 5) I5-7600k 78.66 77.77 92.16 106.60 80.91 87.22 (Average of the 5) Ashes of the Singularity (CPU Test) Extreme Settings R5-1600 28.9 I5-7600k 27.2 For Honor Max settings 1440p R5-1600 88.32 I5-7600K 90.09 Time Spy Frame Rate CPU R5-1600 16.36 I5-7600k 12.99Snaeb22 Sep 8
Sep 8 Rise of the Tomb Raider for $12!! https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly That's 80% off it's retail price! That's a great deal! Best game to play too if you never heard of this game before. Plus in October you'll get more games out of this bundle when it fully unlocks! Humble Bundle is a legit website, they work with publishers and they get bundles of games at a super cheap price, then we buy them however we like (not for monthly that's set $12 a month).You0 Sep 8
Sep 8 Looking for WOW mouse replacement I have been using a wow mouse for several years now, I had the Cataclysm version that I loved but it eventually stopped working. I now have the Legendary edition, which I am not a very big fan of, but it has more than the standard number of buttons available in game. I use Healbot, and I like being able to simply put my spells on the buttons I want to use. I especially like having the small buttons on each side of the scroll wheel and the button below it as well. I currently use six buttons for healing via Healbot without having to put the spells on my actions bar or use macros. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with a different mouse (non-WoW mouse) that has 5-7 button that can be programmed in game using Healbot (preferably not the thumb buttons on the side). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Grolsch8 Sep 8
Sep 8 Upgrading to 1060 GTX 6GB Could my PC achieve a 10 in the graphics quality with an i5 4690K and a 1060 GTX 6GB with at least 60FPS? I have a 23" 1080P monitor, i5 4690K, 8GB of RAM (soon will upgrade to 16GB), and an R9 280. Currently it easily performs at a 7 with at least 60FPS. I always use Vsync.Murcielagos11 Sep 8
Sep 7 Games that doesn't take alot of times. Hello everyone. As a student myself, I am now busy with school, sports, job, economical and driving lessons and I can't simply keep up with the game anymore, I will return till I'm less busy, but WoW is too much of a time-consuming game for me currently and I'm looking for a fun game that isn't too much of a time-consumer. Any suggestions?Nothealed5 Sep 7
Sep 7 Obscenely low FPS in raids I have looked everywhere to figure out what's wrong. Discussed with many people and their solutions/ideas didn't help. I play WoW on graphics setting 7. World questing, dungeons, bgs, Dalaran, Suramar, etc. and everything is perfectly fine crisp 60+ fps. However for raids (noticed in Nighthold but also really terrible in ToS) I get extremely low fps compared to the rest of my game. It's so bad that I turned on the Raid and Battleground tab and set it to 1. Turned off/lowered everything I could in the Advanced settings. I even went and lowered everything in the Audio settings just to squeeze anything else out of my system. With all that being done, I still only manage 15-25 fps in raids. The worst bosses for this in ToS are Sisters and Mistress, where fps can go lower than that. My specs: 2 monitors - 1080p 60hz Ryzen 1700 3.7Ghz @ 1.25V Nvidia GTX 970 -OCd the Core clock to +150Mhz & Memory Clock to +300Mhz. Power limit 100% Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200Mhz ram (although BIOS has it at 2133Mhz. I couldn't tune up the settings to be max speed without bootlooping.) GIGABYTE AB350-Gaming Motherboard Temps all look good when raiding ~65° on gpu and just under 70° for CPU. I just upgraded my setup back in April and the PC does everything I want perfectly fine except for wow raids. I tried other games like OW and PUBG and they are fine. I'd rather not spend another $500 to get an i7-7700k + motherboard just to raid properly in WoW.Hambearger4 Sep 7
Sep 7 What chair do you use for long sessions Hey all! Like the title says, what chair do you all run? I'm looking to "invest" up to 300 max for a solid one but would rather stick to under if possible. Any suggestions?Thodius1 Sep 7
Sep 7 CPU and motherboard and ram suggestions? Something <$500 but if it's worth it I don't mind paying extra.Pedrius2 Sep 7
Sep 6 New PC for WoW Just looking for little input not to pc savey when it comes to what I'm looking for a good gameing pc. Did some research and I found this seems very reasonable for running wow. Inspiron Gameing Desktop AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 Processor 3.4 GHz Windows 10 Home 64bit English 8GB, 2400MHz, DDR4; up to 32GB 1TB (64MB Cache) 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s AMD Radeon™ RX 570 with 4GB GDDR5 Graphics MemoryLuccien2 Sep 6