Movies, TV and Entertainment

Aug 22 What were you listening to 10 yrs ago today? Musical styles and tastes change but as I'm sitting here listening to Spotify I began to realize that I've been listening to the same genre now for almost a decade. I found my genre and stuck with it faithfully and barely dabble outside of it. So, 10 years ago, what were you listening to? Has the stuff you listen to changed at all? 10 yrs ago I was beginning my journey down the instrumental path and started listening to Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky and Mogwai! Haven't looked back since. How about you?Iconik25 Aug 22
Aug 21 Suicide Squad It was alright. It wasn't at all what I was hoping it would be, but I was able to enjoy myself. The characters were pretty enjoyable, especially Deadshot and Harley. Leto's Joker wasn't bad, but I don't really think we got to see enough of him to judge. I'm actually surprised how much of him we did get to see due to the fact that Joker is not really in the first Suicide Squad volume. Enchantress started out really cool and very creepy, but she got a little silly as the movie went on. She got better again at the end, though, so at least she ended on a good note. The special effects were pretty good. I saw it in 2D, but I feel that it would probably shine in 3D. It could also be too much in 3D. Kind of hard to tell. I plan on seeing it in 3D at some point to give it a shot, though. The dialogue wasn't awful, but it was cringey at times. Mostly when they were trying to be funny. One of the cringe-worthy lines, for example, is when Harley is talking to the rest of the squad and says "Normal is a setting on a dryer." I've already seen this saying on random facebook posts that people like to share to be "edgy" and are usually accompanied with a picture of a minion. Now we'll have plenty of the same posts, but with Harley. :D Don't get me wrong, though. The writing was pretty good, overall. The plot was a little all over the place, but the movie had decent pacing so you didn't really notice. The pacing wasn't perfect, but it was much better than Batman V Superman. Another thing that I felt was unnecessary was the pop/rock songs they kept playing throughout most of the film. Some of them fit well, but it got old really fast and I would have preferred a normal scored track. I believe this was just another attempt to make the movie more "fun." It wasn't that the score was awful because it really wasn't. When they allowed the score to be played, you really noticed it, especially during the last fight. I found myself really enjoying the music that played their, and wished that most of the movie had gotten that treatment. Overall, it had its problems, but it was still a step up from Batman v Superman and Man of Steel, in my opinion. One of the things I liked most about it was that it did not take itself too seriously. BvS did take itself too seriously (Or at least Zack Snyder was forcing it to be that way) with the "complex" story and philosophical ramblings and such.Zarsz14 Aug 21
Aug 20 How to have the most fun during invasions! I you guys :)Ichopsitup0 Aug 20
Aug 19 what is your favorite movie quote? "life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get"Gettsuga285 Aug 19
Aug 19 The Tick! SPOON!!!!!!!! A friend of mine and I were discussing the new live action Tick series. I know Blizzard has added a lot of references to many things in their game. I would like to see a nod at the Tick. I am not sure if anyone feels they way myself and a few friends feel about the Tick but the comics, cartoon, and the old live action series were awesome. I think the Warcraft character Bud would be a great character to do this with. To see Bud running into battle against the Legion screaming " Spoon " as a war cry would be hilarious. And I have another request for more Bud content. Such a great character I personally think he deserves more attention. What do you all think?Uburuther1 Aug 19
Aug 19 Ultimate Wow Rage Compilation Here is a compilation of the greatest wow rage clips you'll ever see XD Nerd and Vent rage XD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5QkUDuNosYArtisan0 Aug 19
Aug 18 Youtube Channel - Resto Shaman 1-100 Hey folks! Planning on pushing out tons of content in preparation for the Legion Expansion, I'm a new player to World of Warcraft still even though I have played before. Coming at you with a Resto Shaman, please check me out and follow/subscribe if you like my content! https://www.youtube.com/c/RoqueKazinDàbeggar3 Aug 18
Aug 16 YouTube Channel Hey guys, I was just wondering if you could possibly check out my YouTube Channel, I'm new and hoping to make a dream become a reality, It would mean a lot if you would come check it out!! And if you do make sure to comment that you came from here!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCed8ZTz4qKWJm0F-vlysidw Also I do stream so if you wanna check that out as well I would Appreciate it!! https://www.twitch.tv/apexhylanderCormas0 Aug 16
Aug 16 Can I ask you guys for some career advice? Sorry but I could not find any off-topic forum here, and whenever I have a general problem everyone in this community is super helpful so I really want your input. I finished my BSc degree in Psychology recently, and for the longest time, I wanted to be a clinical psychologist and work in mental health. I know this sounds really bad but when I was close to finishing my degree, I started to realize that although I would love to help people with mental illnesses, I just cannot take up a career in the field because it would wear me down a lot and I knew I would not be able to handle it. So I'm feeling horrible because now I feel like I just wasted all this time and money for a degree in a field that I don't want to pursue anymore because of poor planning on my part. Because as I'm sure you know, there aren't great prospects for undergraduate psychology degree holders, you surely need to study at higher levels to get a decent job. But I've always loved helping people, so I really want to do a job in (non-mental) health care now. But this time I'm positive that this is something that I actually want to do and can do. I'm mostly considering nursing and physiotherapy right now. With nursing, I can do an accelerated BScN (bachelor's of science in nursing) program in 2 years since I already have a degree. I would absolutely love to do this but I feel iffy because it's like I'm totally wasting my psychology degree and basically doing another BSc degree from scratch. The physiotherapy program is a grad program, also 2 years, that I can get into with my current degree, so the upside is that I won't be wasting my current degree. However it is super competitive, but I fall into the cut-off range they've had over the past few years. It's still risky though. Just going off some quick research, it seems that RNs (registered nurses) and physiotherapists get paid roughly the same in my area so that is not a factor, however if I do nursing, I can study further at the Master's level to be a nurse practitioner for instance, who earn quite a bit more. In general I would much rather be a nurse than be a physiotherapist. I don't have a clue on what to do though because I feel like I'm wasting my psychology degree if I do nursing but it's something I really want to do. I would appreciate any input, thank you so much.Muhrin3 Aug 16
Aug 15 Mr. Robot I'm always down for new, innovative, and different television shows. Started Mr. Robot and I am pretty impressed. This show is holding my attention solidly, and I am about halfway through the first season. They're doing an excellent job of keeping the computer usage real. Some of the "bigger picture" ideas in the show might be pure fantasy, but the general usage of computers and the terminology is all correct. Nothing makes me roll my eyes more than the way computers are generally portrayed in TV and movies, which is always noisy, silly, and incorrect. The framing of the shots in the show is unique and artistic. Maybe a lot of people don't notice this kind of stuff, but the way the shots are framed adds to the mood significantly. The acting is great, their portrayal of substance dependence is accurate and realistic... the whole show is pretty amazing. And, oh yeah, IMO quite influenced by Fight Club. Compare the two once you have seen enough Mr. Robot to know what is "going on". Neato, eh?Breakbeat0 Aug 15
Aug 12 Stranger Things Did you grow up in the 80s? Are you a fan of 80s SciFi and Horror movies? If so then you should give this show on Netflix a shot. I grew up in the 80s, I was pretty much the age of the kids in this show, so It's kind of surreal watching it. The Cloths, the Music, the Hair, the Phones the old school D&D minis and this is just the kind of movie I used to love back then. Took me a while to recognize Winona Ryder though.Drakmor12 Aug 12
Aug 11 Are you related to anyone famous? Just wondering. My in-laws bought me a copy of The Last of the Mohicans today because they know Im related to the author James Fenimore Cooper so it reminded me. Others Im related to- James Joyce (the novelist and poet), and Charlie Watts (the drummer from the Rolling Stones). My son, through my wife, is a descendant of General Robert E. Lee through a direct bloodline. Hes like my sons 6th or 7th great grandfather. Does anyone else have any lineages of note?Fia67 Aug 11
Aug 10 Spotify/iTunes Music/Pandora functionality Anything exist similar to the iTunes remote functionality? I have Spotify premium and would love similar functionality in an addon to show what's playing, since I typically listen to radio and not set playlists.Wellesley2 Aug 10
Aug 7 Random copy of WarCraft movie from eBay? So I randomly received a copy of the movie from eBay. Didn't order it, and can't figure out why it was sent to me. Tis awesome but I'm curious as to why. Anyone else experienced this?Aylaine1 Aug 7
Aug 7 Ghost Busters Was actually pretty funny.Iniq114 Aug 7
Aug 5 Audio dramas/fantasy/etc. In light of the new WarCraft Tomb of Sargeras audio drama that you can listen to online or plug into your podcast aggregator (I use Pocket Casts myself), what other audio dramas/fantasy do you listen to, recommend, etc.? Post 'em here for others to enjoy. I'll start. SKALD http://aubreysitterson.com/category/storytelling/ One of my favorite podcasts, and stories period, and easily the best serial podcast I've heard. Fantasy, amazing character depth, and Aubrey Sitterson's amazing voice. Sitterson is a comics writer and wrestling podcast guy with tons of experience and talent. Strongly recommended. The Adventure Zone http://www.maximumfun.org/shows/adventure-zone The hosts of My Brother, My Brother, And Me, along with their dad, run this D&D podcast that is funnier and more imaginative than most stories I've seen, read, or heard. Start from the beginning. Highlights: a pulse-pounding fantasy racing segment with weaponized cars, a killer trivia robot, and my personal favorite, the luxury train stewart Jenkins who the PCs relentlessly make fun of to hilarious effect. Tales From The Orbis Aetherum https://soundcloud.com/orbis-aetherum Shameless plug: this one's mine. Nowhere near as good as the other recommendations, but still enjoyable I hope. It's part fantasy, part sci-fi, part experiment. I write and narrate it, and my voice has been described as "induces sleep." If you like it, spread the word.Charlos0 Aug 5
Aug 5 Preacher Just wanted to see if anyone else out there was digging this excellent show. I think that so far, they have done an amazing job. They've aced almost every important point in making a great TV show. The casting is downright perfect, and the acting is spot on. The cinematography is beautiful; the shots they set up are very artistic and mimic actual panels from the comic. The "vibe", for lack of a better term, is like 1/3 Preacher comic, 1/3 Twin Peaks, and 1/3 wacky Coen Brothers movie. Lots of scenes in this show remind me of Fargo (another amazing show), and the things that go down, I mean, just some of the really weird stuff, is very Twin Peaks (yet another killer show, if you've never seen it.) It's not perfect... they are taking liberties with the plot structure, holding back certain elements that the reader was aware of by page six of issue one, and yet introducing other elements that came many issues later. But, it's working. And I think it's working very well.Breakbeat4 Aug 5
Aug 4 Hard Knocks!? Football season is right around the corner. Only real reason ill be watching is Aaron Donald. That guy is a monster. #FlyEaglesFly btw!Nagasis0 Aug 4
Aug 3 great idea @ devs since blizz made the warcraft movie, i think it would be pretty awesome if the warcraft movie was sold in the shop 2 hrs before its released to other sites such as amazon.com etc. in a digital copy or 24 hour from time of purchase rent license. for those like us that have agoraphobia or other illnesses that prevent us from leaving the house, not to mention our over cluttered dvd stands. a digital copy saved to the persons account would be sweet therefore if my hdd gets stupid and doesnt work, we dont lose our purchase. would show that blizz really appreciates their customers/fans... i'll gladly work for 1$ a year to help devs as far as sales department goes just to keep us both honest honest. or 0$ a year plus unlimited beta testing on future wow x-packsBgbait0 Aug 3
Jul 29 Who's interested in Doctor Strange? I'm not that big a movie theatre person anymore. My ears can't handle it when they blast audio so loud it could wake the dead halfway across the globe. I think I'll wait for it to come out on netflix or on dvd regardless. I heard of Doctor Strange from word-of-mouth but I want people's opinions before I do anything. Do people think, from seeing the trailers they've released so far, it's worth a watch? I am interested, then again I was interested in a lot of movies with promising looking trailers that ended up being flops.Khyrie3 Jul 29
Jul 29, 2016 Peaky blinders I recommend you guys watch this show, its on Netflix.. Amazing story, cast, and sceneryTrickzz0 Jul 29, 2016
Jul 28, 2016 Brith of the Joker *Killing Joke clip* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe2gX2jFbY4 I been waiting long time to hear Mark hamill portray Joker's insane laugh and its awsomeGhaghzull0 Jul 28, 2016
Jul 28, 2016 New outlast.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXLCr7ZyWlw (leave a like)Sosadavinci0 Jul 28, 2016
Jul 28, 2016 Your Favorite Songs Five songs only, one song per artist. What are your favorites? Mine are: Mikasa - Veil of Maya The combination of unclean and clean vocals in this song are perfectly balanced, in my opinion. The chorus is absolutely entrancing, and the clean singer's voice during it is very powerful. Machine - Born of Osiris The message delivered in this song is one that I feel speaks to everyone, telling them to be themselves and embrace humanity. The message, along with superb guitar riffs, makes for a breathtaking song. Let Her Go - Passenger A song about losing the partner you love, in which way is up to the listener I suppose. A sort of love song, the simplicity Passenger gives this song is truly beautiful. Drowning - Abandonation A song by a fellow WoW player! The emotion Abandonation puts into this song about who we can assume is his father, is real. The life without a father he takes us through in this rap song touches my soul, personally. One in the Chamber - Famous Last Words This song hits home with me, but not for the reason most might identify with. It's sung from the point of view of an alcoholic and his accidental taking of a life, and his subsequent guilty and immense depression. It hits home with me because I know an alcoholic in my family.Mathanar3 Jul 28, 2016
Jul 27, 2016 Comic Aficionados. Marvel/DC/Image/Dark Horse First topic I've ever made but just curious are there any comic book readers or aficionados out there. I myself have been reading for over a decade and from various companies. Marvel, DC, IDW, Image, Dark Horse even Boom Studios.Jmanwarrior9 Jul 27, 2016
Jul 26, 2016 The song that predicted the future https://youtu.be/UVknVfIW-z0?list=PL4B14423367E25AC6 Interesting, they predicted the future... =ODanktankingz0 Jul 26, 2016
Jul 26, 2016 WoW/Spawn mashup! Ok, I'm not an artist in the slightest or else I would do this. One of you talented artistic types should totally sketch out a WoW/Spawn mashup. Think about it. Instead of Malbolgia you have Sargeras. You have a night elf Spawn with his iconic costume and chains but with some WoW inspired armor, maybe even some new demon hunter elements thrown in. You can have a dwarf clown, a laughing skull Orc hunter for Chapel, a gnome in one of they're machines for Overtkill, a blood elf paladin Angela, a human Palidin Redeemer. Come on! If you think about it this is just ripe for one of you deviantart wizards to conjure up! If some one does this you will have my internet respect forever! Also any other character mashup ideas?Kyden0 Jul 26, 2016
Jul 24, 2016 The three Jokers Who are the three Jokers? We know that there are three due to this:http://www.newsarama.com/29457-dcu-rebirth-fallout-investigating-the-jokers-new-status-quo-spoilers.html But who are they? We know absolutely nothing about the 1st Joker(aside from him possibly being the Pale Man mentioned in legends) and 2nd Joker we only know as the Red Hood but the 3rd Joker's identity is extremely obvious. Who knows Batman's name, is a complete nihilist, does not like being robbed of immortality, is all dark and calls himself the Devil? Dr. Hurt AKA Thomas Wayne the 1st!!! Obviously the guy must have been effected by Joker 1 or 2 outmaneuvering him with a banana peel and burying him in a coffin and since the guy wishes to break Bruce Wayne becoming Batman's Archnemesis was the perfect for him. What do we know about Dr. Hurt? Dr. Hurt himself claimed to be Bruce's father Thomas Wayne Sr. and had his wife assassinated which both Alfred and Bruce immediately rebuke without hesitation with Batman claiming he's the Thomas Wayne Jr. that was sent to Gotham's hospital which as it turns out is impossible as Thomas Wayne Jr. is in fact the leader of the Court of Owls and a separate character. Dr. Hurt also met the Bat God Barbatos who gave him immortality. In any case two of the Jokers each represent something associated with Batman: Joker 2(Red Hood) represents that one bad day that turned Batman into the man he is while Joker 3 is tied to the Wayne family legacy. Joker 1 on the other hand is a nobody who plays funny jokes for sheer comedy value despite breaking the law in the process and thus is nothing to Batman whatsoever other than an unsolvable mystery possibly being the Pale Man from Gotham's past decades if photos pointed out by Joker 3 are any indication. Should be noted that Jokers 1 and 2 are Colored Jokers while the 3rd is a more dangerous Black Joker. Considering Jokers come in groups of either 2 or 4 the fact that this group is 3 means that Gotham hasn't played it's 4th Joker AKA the 2nd Black Joker on Batman yet(Batman has already proven to be good enough to take on number 3 so Gotham has to bring Joker 4 out eventually). Of course Batman's knowledge of 3 of them may cause Gotham to desperately play the 4th Joker card to beat Batman bringing about events to create a 4th and most terrifying Joker. Considering that each Joker was colder than the last what are the chances that number 4 will be stoic and emotionless and more importantly a girl just to throw Batman off his game when he blindly assumes that that he's dealing with another Harley Quinn-like henchwoman?Yvenathilm5 Jul 24, 2016
Jul 23, 2016 Legendary . . why? Just . . why? http://variety.com/2016/film/news/pokemon-movie-live-action-legendary-1201818838/Mhelana4 Jul 23, 2016
Jul 23, 2016 Any math rock nerds play WoW?? New TTNG record came out like last week or so and I only just realized, favorite tracks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IWKwOxHsNw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVmYIJtTudI Henry's a little flat but fk it these arrangements are GOLD.Babypuke1 Jul 23, 2016
Jul 23, 2016 its a long shot: what is the youtube vid? Alrighty so I was talking to a co-worker and long story short I cannot remember this one warcraft youtube video where a pandaren goes "nooo, noooo, no please! nooo nooo" and I think a blood elf or maybe an orc death knight is trying to talk to the pandaren but they just keep going "nooo, noo please!" and then eventually just kill the pandaren. Does anybody have any idea what youtube video this is? I just can't find it and its driving me a bit nutty! D:Borklaser0 Jul 23, 2016
Jul 22, 2016 X-Men Apocalypse (Expect Spoilers) Opinions? Got home just a bit ago from seeing it and was amazingly impressed that we had ANOTHER X-Men film that didn't focus on Wolverine. He played a key role in the plot but was barely in it. I was surprised at how they inevitably defeated Apocalypse in the end. I still think that they really should cameo the original film actors like Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Famke Jannsen, Halle, etcetera.Amaer2 Jul 22, 2016
Jul 22, 2016 This is amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNBcvxF-2as Go listen to this. It's fantastic.Darthan0 Jul 22, 2016
Jul 20, 2016 Misheard Lyrics? Ever listen to songs and mishear what the singer is trying to say? Puddle of Mudd - Blurry Actual lyrics: "This pain you gave to me!" Misheard: "Spidey gave to me!" What did Spiderman give you!? Aw! Come on, what's in the box!? What's in the $%^&ing box!? Five Finger Death Punch - Hate Me/Succubus Actual lyrics: "B$%^&!!!" Misheard: "BAAAAAAATS!!!" So I think about a bunch of vampire bats attacking the band.Razorik12 Jul 20, 2016
Jul 19, 2016 Delete please Doot dootBlaksmage2 Jul 19, 2016
Jul 18, 2016 Music Artists You've Recently Discovered For me, I listen mostly to metal, but I've found some pretty damn good bands so far, such as: Miss May I Veil of Maya August Burns Red Motionless in White What about you guys? Any gnarly music artists you've gotten into lately?Mathanar4 Jul 18, 2016
Jul 18, 2016 Duncan Jones talkes re Warcraft sequel Copied this from an interview online (the site is very messy with popups so I didn't link it): There may be a possibility of a "Warcraft" movie sequel now that the film is doing well in the international box office. Director Duncan Jones has revealed what story he wants to take on next. In an interview with Gizmodo, "Warcraft" movie director Duncan Jones talked about why some parts of the film deviate from the game's story set by Blizzard. Jones revealed that he wanted to simplify and streamline the plot for the medium "We're trying to make a film, which is a very different medium than a game, especially when you have twenty years to tell your story," he said. "Third, once in a while there's also the fact that it [something] would be cooler. But there's not too many of those." One of the changes is the fact that Dalarian, the home of magic in Azeroth, is floating. Jones decided to have it floating in the "Warcraft" movie because it looks cooler. When asked why the film did not end with the fall of Stormwind, Jones admitted that the team felt as if they already had so much going on. He did reveal, though, that Stormwind's fall may be featured in the "Warcraft" movie sequel. "The idea of showing a conflict from both sides; that's what really appealed to me," he told The Verge. "Trying to allow the audience to empathize with characters who, from their point of view, are doing the right thing. I just find that interesting." Another story that could be featured in the "Warcraft" movie sequel is about the Lich King. This would include the events of "Warcraft 3," with the rise and fall of Arthas as he turns to the iconic villain. "I would love to see Lich King," Jones said. "You know, I would love to see these other things. I would love to see someone else tell those stories so that I could watch them as a fan."Liovatar12 Jul 18, 2016
Jul 17, 2016 Warcraft Movie - Help me find this music :) ***WARCRAFT MOVIE AND NOVELIZATION SPOILER ALERT*** In the film, during the scene where Durotan and Gul'dan fight to the death in Mok'gora; there is a lovely composition with tribal vocals and a moving crescendo culminating with Durotans death, and reprising through to Orgims plea to the surrounding Orcs. I cannot find this piece on the official film score (which is available on Spotify). I could just be missing it, as the tracks are not in chronological order with the film; but it also may be one of those oversights publishers often chose not to release on the commercial album. If that is the case, I'd be interested in any news regarding the potential for a full score release. There are several YouTube clips that have portions of the piece (I would post them, but they are obviously from pirated footage), but none with the entire piece. Thanks in advance :)Lenhania2 Jul 17, 2016
Jul 17, 2016 Tauren Chieftains Music Having just rewatched the closing ceremonies of Blizzcon '11 for the third time just to see L90ETC / TAFKAL80ETC / TAFKATAFKAL80ETC (take your pick of the name), I have to beg the question. Can we please have an official album? I own all the released Blizzard albums to date, and I would love to ROCK out Horde style in the car. Hell, I'd be happy with an Itunes or another mp3 download option if a producing a physical product is out of the question. And in regards to the most important thing for a band being the shirt. Sign me up for two! FOR THE HORDE! Cudgel8 Jul 17, 2016
Jul 16, 2016 Yoga Mats SO I have to clean my mat as it's real nasty...I was thinking about dunking it into my swimming pool for a few minutes. Anyone know if it works? I'm going to try it anyway lolAdanessa0 Jul 16, 2016
Jul 16, 2016 Swiss Army Man Go see it.Southrnrebel0 Jul 16, 2016
Jul 16, 2016 Just wondering. Why did so many critics deny the Movie and shoot it down? I know they are critics and they probably dont even know the lore. But !@#$%^-it i thought it was the best movie ive seen in awhile. Im glad i listened to the players and watch it even though it got pulled from my theatre so quick. Here i am now hoping for a sequal and many more but not as long they took on this to make. I remember in tbc when people wanted a movie and it took this long.Belletta3 Jul 16, 2016
Jul 15, 2016 live radio in world of warcraft game Hello wow team. A ideal pop up while I was at work. Would it be a neat ideal for a live talk and music show in the game. About wow news and helping the fans out while there playing in the game. And have other guests on the live show talking about there life in wow. And blizzcon2015 or earlier on the show. I just went to bring it up. Thank you.Carabecky2 Jul 15, 2016
Jul 13, 2016 Streamer shadiness featuring PewDiePie Enjoy. http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/12/12157310/pewdiepie-youtubers-sponsored-videos-ftc-warner-bros Article text quoted here: ...Mvura7 Jul 13, 2016
Jul 12, 2016 Melodic, atmospheric, death metal anyone? Hey guys, my band The Odious Construct just released our ep, and we've only heard good things so far! If youre into Death metal FFO inferi, irreversible mechanism, things like that, then you might like us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igJiA0jHHJQ Thanks for checkin us out and enjoy! :D:DBlacknsippin1 Jul 12, 2016
Jul 11, 2016 New Berserk So I'm sure some of you enterprising weeaboos have seen the new CG filled Berserk. If so what are your thoughts about it? I myself was hesitant about it at first but the more I watched it the strange sketch CG style caught my eye more. The one thing I do need though is I cannot wait for the full Hai Yo song. The new intro song might be weird but hey at least its not proot yur grasses on.Griffith2 Jul 11, 2016
Jul 10, 2016 Steampunk Songs, Art, and Items of Interest Been working on some short stories for a project I'm working on and some of them have Steampunk elements so I've found some inspirational Steampunk Items of Interest and decided to share them in case anyone might find them fun and useful. First up is a Steampunk Song Collection that I stumbled upon on Youtube; I love having this music on in the background while I'm working on my characters and stories: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FsFJznC9s0 Next up is a site filled with great art and some crafty DIY works, amazing how they turn plastic toys into great looking Steampunk Works: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/147492956516831800/ and https://www.pinterest.com/pin/279856564316866750/ I'll have to remember to search Pinterest for Steampunk DIY Costumes and such come Halloween... I greatly enjoy watching Face Off on the Sci Fy channel, the contest show where a group of special FX artists competes against each other til there is a winner. Love the displays of Imagination shown with each episode. Well, turns out Hulu has a similar show but with the focus on Steampunk and the first 3 episodes are free to watch for those of you interested: http://www.hulu.com/steampunkd I did a search for Steampunk short stories so that I can get a feel for the style and descriptions and such for the genre, and found one that I enjoyed. I tend to write more action-based stories, but even though this one is more about affairs of the heart I still enjoyed it: http://www.tor.com/2010/10/20/clockwork-fairies/ I also bought a couple of books from Amazon that should be coming in this week. And lastly, while I was looking at the Steampunk Anime art on Pinterest, one of the series of art led me to a comic titled Lady Mechanika. The #0 issue is free and can be read at https://www.comixology.com/Lady-Mechanika-0/digital-comic/120111?ref=c2VyaWVzL3ZpZXcvZGVza3RvcC9ncmlkTGlzdC9Jc3N1ZXM Well... that about covers it. Hope you find some of these items fun and inspirational. Enjoy, MekkaMekkaforge0 Jul 10, 2016
Jul 9, 2016 Music Sharing Thread Just thought I'd start a thread for people to share some of the music we all listen to when WoW-ing it up, or whatever games we happen to play. I'll start us off with an oldy but goody. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR22hbl_e70Zurianna3 Jul 9, 2016
Jul 9, 2016 deleting thread deleting threadDesius0 Jul 9, 2016
Jul 9, 2016 Old songs Epi linked this to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-DMIf-WZYU "We didn't start the fire" was an awesome song. Makes me wonder what everyone really likes as an older song. I personally like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRWMixC5jpQ (my parents wedding song) But my personal favorite is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCuMWrfXG4E What is yours?Jugaa14 Jul 9, 2016