Monk

Aug 13, 2016 If you're a monk... ...and thinks that Whirling Dragon Punch deserves a better animation, sign here. I honestly have no idea what we're doing in that animation or why wouldn't we just use the female Pandaren pummel animation. FYI, a warrior's female Pandaren pummel animation is a Shoryuken. Seems more fitting to our class fantasy. *signed*Hyoju14 Aug 13, 2016
Aug 13, 2016 99.5% Fail rate.... Flying Serpent Kick Roll Both are not working at all since logging in today. Before today it was working about 75% of the time, but now I haven't got it to work more than 1 time in 4 hours. (it being both FSK and Roll)Rokkhard29 Aug 13, 2016
Aug 13, 2016 Maining a monk but I like to heal MY question is, how are monk healers? Are they any good? In PVE mostly.Pegus8 Aug 13, 2016
Aug 13, 2016 Expel Harm not working? Did something change in the last day or so? Suddenly, Expel Harm doesn't work.Chirugean2 Aug 13, 2016
Aug 13, 2016 Fix flying serpent (scratch that) GadouKick Did Dan Hibiki join the WW monk dev team? When I try to use flying serpent kick, I don't go anywhere. I pretty much stay still in the animation. It's like a gadou ken now in the form of a kick. Please fix it!Footdomme1 Aug 13, 2016
Aug 13, 2016 Echo Isles-Invalid Target Greetings former Invalid Target members! Your GM, Olyohoh (John) cordially invites you back to relive the glory days! We have found a renewed love for the game and now desire the fellowship that once was our beloved Invalid Target! If you were not formally in Invalid Target that is ok, new friends are awesome too! Please whisper any member online for an invite, even if it's only to say hello! Sincerely, HealsdivineMunciein2 Aug 13, 2016
Aug 13, 2016 Elitist Monks irk me Why are some people acting like Legion or pre patch sucks ENTIRELY because "It's too easy now" when in actuality it's more fluid, bit pruned but not THAT much easier. It's not like we went from Demon Souls to Pokemon or anything man. I lost maybe 4-5 binds and will likely gain 4 binds at 110 with heroic talents+artifact. The difference is now I don't need to wait till 10 stack TEB to dps with others who dps at that level or better BASELINE. I also don't have a bunch of abilities that fill up my bars but that I almost never use. So why do some of these elitist players act like pruning is inherently bad or that the game should be balanced around the 1% of the game that's 2k+ consistently? I'm sorry but you being an amazing Monk God doesn't mean the game should cater to your need for 10 extra binds that aren't needed. I personally like the changes and it has little to do with being "easy". I think Monk dropped in learning curve a bit, but that amount is being exaggerated by some elitists. I like the changes because visually it's more appealing and I don't have to depend so heavily on TEB to be competitive. I also think it FEELS more fun and fluid. I feel like Bruce Lee jumping all over the battle field with 100% mobility outside of heals and just jump onto the next targets, punching them in the face.Shaolìn37 Aug 13, 2016
Aug 13, 2016 Pre patch fist weapons for WWmonk Do we not get any fist weapons from the prepatch event? This is really starting to worry me... Hoping there is and I'm just blind or something. Bad enough I gotta stick to fist weapons for an expansion :(Fistarita18 Aug 13, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 Jab animation? Where the hell is jab? As a mistweaver, I miss being able to thwack people on the head with my staff sometimes. Is there a glyph for it, maybe?Avorine2 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 WRESTLING NAME Help name a monk? Could be any race (until I know more about sylvanas, i'll stick to alliance), appearance, or weapons.Holysmirk2 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 Dizzying Haze So, dizzying haze is gone, and whilst it's not a huge deal, I will sorely miss it.Lijuän2 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 Chi Burst / Eye of the Tiger / Chi Wave Which talent do you take, and why? I just can't make up my mind... I've been testing all 3 extensively and so far Chi Wave comes out on top for a 1v1 scenario (most damage & most healing), plus it's super easy to weave into your rotation as it's CD is quick enough to fill most dead spots. Eye of the Tiger looks good on paper, but kind of sucks in reality because the dot can only be on 1 target at once, so that makes it the worst of the 3 in terms of damage. It's handy for rogues as the dot brings them out of stealth if they vanish though... The healing of it is worse than Chi Wave, but then again it's also a passive. Chi Burst for a 1v1 situation sucks for healing, and the damage is only slightly behind Chi Wave. It's not as easy to weave into your rotation because the CD is twice that of chi wave... but as soon as you can hit more than 1 target it beats the other two by far. I think for PvP Chi Burst is the way to go, and for patchwerk style boss fights, Chi Wave... otherwise i'd probably just stick to Chi Burst... But i just can't make up my mind still :(Kungeffyou15 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 MW Artifact Progression I was wondering how people would be progressing their artifact. Trying to get a sense of where to put points first.Valynara2 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 Weak aura, mastery/hit combo setup? how do i create a text icon showing how much stacks i have with hit combo? tyMehksauce7 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 Song of Chi-Ji should be instant cast Anyone else think that Song of Chi-Ji should be instant cast? both of the other CC options on that talent line are instant and that means that Ring of Peace and Leg Sweep are viable but Song of Chi-Ji is not. Though even if Song of Chi-Ji was instant, it still may not be viable since it is on the same DR as paralysis.Savris3 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 Windwalker Monk Attack Problems? Confused I recently rejoined after a year to play my main character here- A level 90 Windwalker Monk Pandaren. BUT I noticed a large amount of my attacks are "greyed" out and I cannot use them in combat anymore. I did equip a mainhand and offhand melee weapon as it said to. And even then my attacks weren't usable. (Or with my staff). I haven't been able to figure out what I need to do to use my attacks (yes I am in range and attacking a target). Help? Anyone know whats going on? PS- the attacks I cannot use are windwalker attacks. Such as blackout kick, fists of fury, etc. And the weapons I equipped as melee weapons are item level 400 swords. I can only seem to use chi burst, effuse, and crackling jade lightning.Jadi5 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 Brewmaster Artifact Major Traits Why do they suck so much? After going through all the artifacts major traits for all tanks, it's pretty clear brewmaster have the absolute worst bottom of the barrel major nodes. Even with Blackout Combo dragonfire brew is terrible, and without BoC it's worse than insulting. At this point it feels like they're so bad the best course of action is to ignore them and level other nodes, until you've filled everything else.Pew11 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 Spam it Till its fixed. FIX THE DAMN MOBILITY SPELLS!Gravees11 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 Just got class trinket off Archi The Heroic one and it bonus rolled speed nothing specail but using it for WW does not see very good as the low proc rate but I could be wrong.Skyfer2 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 WW Stat Priority Question Assuming the icy veins guide is correct and haste/crit/versatility are all pretty much the same priority... Is there a point where you can have too much of one of those stats? Obviously I want to prioritize mastery above all, but let's say I have mastery/haste on all of my gear. Would that be a loss compared to having a greater variety of stats on my armor?Audette2 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 How to live vs rogue/feral openers w/o heal title?Attack2 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 An end to the roll curse? I haven't had a bug with roll in the past hour or so. Anyone else having the same joyous luck, or is it just coincidence?Dubmuffin19 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 Monk Cloud So glyphs are gone but all is not lost with a little birdy telling me you can still mount the cloud thanks to a vendor from the monk home in Pandaria, all well and good, but, soon the legion comes and flying goes so the cloud becomes useless until bliz once again fold and reintroduce it... in a few years or whatever Can the clouds mechanics be changed while in either a non-flying area or the inability to fly due to not having the required riding skill to something similar to priests version of levitation, perhaps it won't be able to get off the ground under it's own steam but will make coming down the mountain side easier just as a little extra pve thing... thoughts fellow monkiansShosen5 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 Mage/Hunter 1V1??? Ok. I like the Monk! I love the playstyle overall! It's mostly a blast. HOWEVER, In PvP arenas, I pretty much have accepted my fate that I will frequently get butt hurt by Ferals and rogues. BUT... I also finding that I can't for the life of me beat a hunter or Mage if the arena come down to a 1V1 situation. I have a damn hard time ever catching them, and by the time I finally do, I'm nearly dead. Should I reroll and consider another class? Anyone else having problems with Losing to Mages and Hunters in PvP? Or do I just suck that bad and am a hopeless cause?Zenin8 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 12, 2016 Boost only to Windwalker??? So I started a Mistweaver to level with and learn how to play it and now that I feel I am ready to use the 100 boost it says I am restricted to only Windwalker?! I can't seem to find out any info regarding this restriction online anywhere. So the only way I can boost my healing monk is with all Agility Gear?! Anyone know a way around this?Flexlee4 Aug 12, 2016
Aug 11, 2016 Windwalker pvp just used my level 100 character boost on a ww monk. Anyone wanna help explain a good pvp rotation. Also whats some good defensives to use and when should I use them?Krispikream9 Aug 11, 2016
Aug 11, 2016 Noob Windwalker Inquiry Hello! A couple of questions: Is Rushing Jade Wind meant to replace Spinning Crane Kick, or merely to supplement it? I don't see how it fits properly into the Legion rotations I've glanced at. I've read in the past that fist weapons disappear during ability animations. Is this still the case? Thank you.Indeed1 Aug 11, 2016
Aug 11, 2016 roll bug FIX MONK ROLL BUG, IT EFFECTS MY PLAYING EXPERIENCE.Xerxesers1 Aug 11, 2016
Aug 11, 2016 First Ability in Battle-Bugged Has anyone else noticed that when you attack a mob and use your first ability, most of the time the spell will "half" fire but wont connect. It wont induce the GCD, it wont give you or spend a combo point, wont register as a hit, miss, or dodge. Its gotten so bad that with all spells/abilities I use at the beginning of the fight I have to press my key mutlipule times for it to fire. Then you can see the ability stutter the first time, reset, and fire completely the second time. I used tiger palm, BOK, and RSK with the same results. After the first ability goes off on the mob, all abilities excute flawlessly. For my testing purposes, I use the abilities WITHOUT any macros. Just plain abilities supplied to us by blizzard. Used different key binds and used the mouse (cant see how people play by clicking). My latency in world and home is 30-35ms Is this a bug? Do I have to treat this like WOD hunter, by macroing instant abilities to fire twice in order for it to fire (not a bad idea. I'll have to try that)?Gangrened0 Aug 11, 2016
Aug 11, 2016 Will We get a title like DH Seeing that DH got a title, "illidari" will we get one since the events that transpire in the peaks and promotion we get entering into our class hall?Braellynn3 Aug 11, 2016
Aug 11, 2016 Windwalker pvp just used my level 100 character boost on a ww monk. Anyone wanna help explain a good pvp rotation. Also whats some good defensives to use and when should I use them?Krispikream1 Aug 11, 2016
Aug 11, 2016 Ancient Mistweaver Arts in PvP I do not have beta access and I haven't seen any information on it I just happened to notice a lot of streamers going surge of mist as the go-to talent. Is it just the most viable? I only ask because the play style seemed fun with AMA when it was defaulted in our class mechanics. Thanks a lot for your answers!Pisquared1 Aug 11, 2016
Aug 11, 2016 Ww monk pvp macros What's some good pvp macros for ww monkKrispikream3 Aug 11, 2016
Aug 11, 2016 Mistweaver PvP 7.0 Binds/talent/gameplay Hey guys. I am really loving the new Mistweaver setup. I probably won't even take the ancient mistweaver talent because I am pretty satisfied atm. So, first let me say I am by no means a pro. I am just going to share all my binds, and say which talents I chose and how I try to play arena. First, keybinds! You need a gaming mouse such as the naga. This first part is the keyboard binds, lower in the naga binds. ` and Esc= Revival 1= tigers palm 2= blackout kick, shift 2=Serpent Statue 3= rising sun kick with macro to target nearest enemy, shift 3 for non macrod rsk because sometimes the macro wont attack pets Q= target party1(or insert name), Shift Q= detox party1, AltQ=mistwalk to party1 E= target Party2, ShiftE=detox Party2, AltE=Mistwalk to party2. I personally use names instead of party numbers, but in randoms just use party numbers. X= sit, Z= unsheath weapons. A= strafe left, D=strafe right C= honorable medallion S= leg sweep(S for stun) ShiftS= human racial to remove stun F= mistwalk for random bgs. AltF= crackling jade lightning Now these are the Naga binds 1-12, from top left to bottom right 1= Effuse, shift 1= serpent statue(yes, 2 binds for this) 2= renewing mist. Shift 2= provoke macro to try and provoke pets to attack you right before poly.(not sure if this still works) 3= Enveloping mist 4= essence font but i will probably remove this for healing spheres in legion shift4= spinning crane kick 5= vivify, right under renewing mist because it procs vivify buff 6= cleanse for bgs and myself 7= incapacitate arena1 8=incap arena2 9=incap arena3 10= transcendence transfer 11= transcendence that you put down 12= roll/chi torpedo. Shift12= mount Mouse wheel up=healing elixers/diffuse magic, shift MWU= focus arena1 middle mouse button= bubble, Shift Middle Mouse= focus arena2 mouse wheel down= thunder focus tea, Shift MWD= focus arena 3 The talents I chose: Mistwalk, Chi Torpedo, Mistwrap, Leg Sweep, Healing elixers, Summon Jade serpent, Rising thunder. Mistwalk and Chi torpedo give you amazing mobility. Mistwrap gives you one more second on enveloping mist, which is really good (unless it gets dispelled instantly hehe) Leg sweep because you can mistwalk to partner, get the stun and port back. Healing elixers because you can use them when silenced. Jade serpent statue because it keeps healing even if you are ccd or drinking. Rising thunder because it makes thunder focus tea a 10 sec cd and in legion will give 5 sec of immune to silence. How I try to play: So i start by running to the pillar and setting down transcendence and statue and giving renewing mist on the guy i think they will focus. Also, if they have a rogue i try to lightning anything to get in combat to avoid sap. if there is a mage I stand on the opposite side of the pillar of my transcendence and port right when he opens with sheep to LoS him. Then i reapply renewing mist, thunder focus, enveloping mist and hide behind a pillar. Then, when it wears off i mistwalk to partner, rising sun kick to reset thunder focus tea and roll to the pillar and reapply enveloping mist, then renewing mist. Then I sap either the healer or the dps that will try to cc me. Then, I just keep doing that getting stuns and saps on cooldown and using rising sun kick to avoid interrupts. I know that this is really basic, but I feel like if you get the fundamentals down then you are already making a lot of progress :). Again, I am not a pro, I am just saying what I try to do and it works most of the time. Again, it's so hard to avoid cc as MW, but we can do our best. If you have any constructive criticism or comments, feel free to share. Together, we can make mistweaver the best healer in the game :)Pragma15 Aug 11, 2016
Aug 11, 2016 The reason DH have better mobility... You Broke Roll and FsK. With out words or acknowledgement Im half tempted to say you did this to try and make me reroll DH... yes its that badly broken.Zenotik21 Aug 11, 2016
Aug 11, 2016 Best 2s and 3s partner for WW monks? What are the most viable partners for WW monks in arena for both 2s and 3s?Veldryk9 Aug 11, 2016
Aug 10, 2016 WW talent spec for pre-patch? is serinity worth taking? what combos have you run with, and faceroll players in bgs, and arenas? Almost 100! can't wait to start learning WW!! class so fun leveling, while its ez.. the rotation never gets dull.Mehksauce3 Aug 10, 2016
Aug 10, 2016 Monk Bugs These are all the bugs i've seen happening since the prepatch hit related to Monk: Upon casting Zen Pilgrimage, the casting monk will lose the Windwalking buff until manually leaving The Peak of Serenity. Upon entering a Battleground (might be all instances) from Peak of Serenity, the monk will not have the Windwalking buff. Monks will occasionally stop moving altogether while in the animation of Roll, Chi Torpedo, and Flying Serpent Kick until the animation ends. Storm, Earth, and Fire currently does not interact with Combo Strikes and causes a massive DPS loss when used. Female Draenei and Female Pandaren currently have no Blackout Strike animation. ( Technically a bug with animations in general since Blackout Strike animation isn't unique to Monk ) Special Delivery currently doesn't activate at all. There are currently 2 Aysa Cloudsingers spawned on top of each other in Stormwind (Not really a monk bug, but she's a monk and hangs out where monks portal back into Stormwind so it still bothers me) These are all of the ones I can think of off the top of my head, i'll try and add more that I run into / hear of.Stumblin9 Aug 10, 2016
Aug 10, 2016 Monk tank - what should a healer know? I haven't got a ton of experience healing monks. In another thread, I saw some comments like... ... ... From http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747637337 I do find monk tanks more stressful than with other tanks, but it looks like this might just be a mindset thing on my behalf. What do I need to know to tell myself that my monk tank is taking the right amount of damage?Dominish13 Aug 10, 2016
Aug 10, 2016 What does MW bring over RSham? I'm trying to decide between the two specs for my main in Legion, and I'm having a difficult time. For raids, by the way. What are the main things that separate the two and what makes each unique for a raid? I want to be someone who: - Really helps my raid (whether that be by utility or by hps), I want to be able to stand out as a healer - Has high mobility - Has a unique healing style/options - Keeps me thinking about which button to press - Will take time to fully master What do you think the Monk brings that fits into that mold over the Resto Shaman?Ajira3 Aug 10, 2016
Aug 10, 2016 Found where my Brewmaster buttons ended up So i am a casual player (for the past years) who loves tanking and got all at 100. My mains for a good part of what i played of WoD were Blood and Brewmaster. The new brewmaster lost that magic touch, at least for me. Remember how fun was leveling it? Throwing barrels like Donkey Kong, smashing mobs faces, eluding the bad guys at high level? Now its like a drunkard who can't choose his liquor and just stalls. So today i tried the Vengeance tank, and found where Blizzard put the half of the buttons Blood and Brew lost, and its lovely. /shotsfiredXuxao1 Aug 10, 2016
Aug 10, 2016 Slaughtered survivability Tried Mythic Xhul, today, that was an interesting experience.. They killed our survivability, and our dps is still horrible. Seems like we really don't hold any advantages right now. Been trying out paladin now as well, and it's much easier to play and seems to have a lot of survivability on top of high dps numbers. Glad I decided to switch to DH before they killed this class so badly.Maltrice4 Aug 10, 2016
Aug 10, 2016 Bug with rolling? Ok, lately after today, when rolling around or doing dragon kick, my character will stop completely in the middle of it. I'm not caught on anything, I just suddenly stop. Is this happening for anyone else?Dune5 Aug 10, 2016
Aug 10, 2016 Roll/Chi Torpedo I LOVE not being able to Roll or Chi Torpedo because I hit an invisible wall.... EVERYWHERE. Monks are now the worst mobility class because of it. It's unreliable and happens almost every time I use it.Vincis7 Aug 10, 2016
Aug 10, 2016 Best Tier 2 Talent for open world movement? I was wondering if anyone knows which talent would provide the most mobility over time if moving in a straight line. I miss having both Chi Torpedo and Celerity :(Unjoying2 Aug 10, 2016
Aug 10, 2016 Why is WW still not nerfed? How is WW still in the game in its current state on beta? It globals basically everyone without knowing how to play the spec at all and is virtually unkillable thanks to karmaAlilyia18 Aug 10, 2016
Aug 10, 2016 Windwalker Monk question Should i focus on keeping my Mastery:combo Strikes going or should i just spend chi/energy as i have it regardless of the mastery?Yaozu2 Aug 10, 2016
Aug 9, 2016 missing tigereye brew? i cant find tiger eye brew in any of my spell books anyone else having this problem or am i dumbVersacé2 Aug 9, 2016
Aug 9, 2016 WW Damage in PvP I keep hearing how amazing our damage is. Are they talking about Beta? At 100 it's nothing great at all after prepatch. Am I crazy?Suntsu4 Aug 9, 2016
Aug 9, 2016 How do you counter rogues or ferals right now As WW. Is it possible to beat a Rogue (mostly Outlaw) or a Feral? On WW Monk no matter what I do 1 vs 1 they just run when I burst, pop Karma and come back after the vanish and destroy me. Is it a 100 balancing issue to where you just have to accept it until 110 when WW gains a lot more heal, defense+FOF stun back?Jurisdiction19 Aug 9, 2016