Monk

Jan 2, 2016 Soloing jungle dailies. I can handle the jungle for the most part but some elites give me issues. What IL would I roughly need to not have anymore issues? Or is there any spec changes I need to make?Slayerlotus14 Jan 2, 2016
Jan 2, 2016 tips for brewmaster tank please? i want to be a tank brewmaster on my monk. does anybody have some tips for monk tanking at level 15-60?Pêêpster7 Jan 2, 2016
Jan 2, 2016 Serenity Questions Hi all, I'm currently leveling my monk (just hit 92, go me) and have been looking at various websites and guides and such to figure out how to not be awful at 100. One thing that I noticed, however, is that everything says take serenity for single target, but doesn't explain much past that. So I guess my main question is what is the best way to use it? Do you TEB first and then start spamming Blackout Kick/ RSK? Or do you FoF during serenity? I assume not due to it taking up about 3.5 seconds, but what do I know. Any help with this (and other WW stuff not easily apparent) would be awesome! Thanks in advance.Blodh9 Jan 2, 2016
Jan 2, 2016 Rate my new T-mog I'm a little concerned about the the chest, couldn't find a good one. \(^_~)/Zenjitsü2 Jan 2, 2016
Jan 2, 2016 am i the only one.. that gets dwarfed in rated battle ground by druids and priests on the healing meters? ;/ its so annoying to get out healed by a druid with a blue weapon.Soazin4 Jan 2, 2016
Jan 1, 2016 Quick WW Monk question. Is it better to dual wield or use a two handed weapon as a WW monk? Currently leveling mine as we speak but just wanted to look into this before getting too far in. Thanks!Bye14 Jan 1, 2016
Jan 1, 2016 So, does Blizzard hate Monks? This might come as a shock to some of you, but it is my personal perspective that Blizzard may, in fact, hate Monks. Here's why I think that.. 1. Challenge Mode gear doesn't have anything that looks even close to Monk-like. Every weapon could clearly fit with at least one class, except the Monk. Take a look at WoWHead and see what I mean: http://www.wowhead.com/news=243214/wod-challenge-modes-and-rewards-patch-6-0-2-ptr-notes-upgrading-to-wod-collector#newcm-two-hand 2. Leather drops aren't Monk oriented, but are other-leather-wearing-class oriented, exclusively. Every piece of gear that drops is either generic, rogue-ish, or druid-ish. I really haven't virtually any Warlords of Draenor meets Monk armor like we have with every other class. 3. Both on the Horde and on the Alliance side, Ashran is void of Pandaren (except one on the Horde side I found, and it's not even interactive). Granted, Pandaren aren't Monks, but its like they shunned the whole culture. 4. We haven't seen much in the way of Pandaren heroes in Warlords or in the preview of Legion (at least, I haven't. Correct me if I'm wrong). 5. The Warlords books don't contain any Monk heroes of references. I get that this is an Orc/primal sort of story drive, but every other class is represented. Even Rexxar for Hunters has an appearance! If you know of Monk references in Warlords, please speak up. I'd love to hear about them. It seems, to me, that Monks are just the silent tag along. :( It's my favorite class and one that resonates with me greatly. I look forward to hearing all your positive and constructive opinions. :)Rysu28 Jan 1, 2016
Dec 31, 2015 Legion focus on class definitions? So isn't a huge focus of legion supposed to be making the classes more unique, to build upon what defines a class and their play-style? Mistweavers are semi loosing soothing mist. Its becoming a passive that you simply allow to channel if you want. Idk about you guys but what defined a mistweaver for me was channeling that skill and using it to instant cast other skills. Yes the play style is a bit clunky when you first start, but once you get the hang of it, it no longer is. To me at least, this unorthodox play-style was what defined a mistweaver to me. I fully agree that fistweaving didnt work and that it either needed to be removed or drastically changed, but I just no longer see what separates a mistweaver's play-style from a normal boring mouseover and cast heal class. Am I the only one who feels this way?Healthpack4 Dec 31, 2015
Dec 30, 2015 MW for legion? I enjoy casual pvp, but with the release of demon hunters and their great mobility, I'm concerned with the MW changes in legion. I'm wondering what your thoughts are on this? Is it time to bring out the druid? lolBoozeclues4 Dec 30, 2015
Dec 30, 2015 WW PvP stat priority? Been looking around the forums a bit but I can't find any info from this patch. Just hit 100 and looking to gear up a bit. Any help appreciated, thanksIrascible6 Dec 30, 2015
Dec 30, 2015 Vivify i know legion is like really really early and stuff but shouldn't vivify be 250% attack power for ww monks rather than spellpower? or is this gonna be the potato heal we get for the entirety of legion. like cmon its really not gonna heal for anything to even be worth using if it stays attack power, just wondering if this is a typo or theyre still gonna change it to attack power instead or somethingRezendez6 Dec 30, 2015
Dec 30, 2015 Set Bonuses Edit: Cleared upVaharra1 Dec 30, 2015
Dec 29, 2015 H Soul Capacitor or N Blademaster Topic. I cannot find a place with breakdowns on each trinket and when you should use one over the other.Knom13 Dec 29, 2015
Dec 29, 2015 Monking questions. 1) As a brewmaster is there maybe some sorta benchmark to go by to see if I'm taking too much damages? 2) As a windwalker I'm doing roughly about 18k to 20k, does this sound about right for my item level? 3) Why does it seem like monks are rare? Usually every LFR I'm the only monk besides one of the healers. Do people just dislike our class that much or what? Thanks.Slayerlotus11 Dec 29, 2015
Dec 29, 2015 Race for MW in PvE? Hello all I'm interested in playing a MW Monk and I'm curious which race provides the best benefit. Thanks in advance.Lielisse21 Dec 29, 2015
Dec 29, 2015 Monk Enlightment Exp Buff Help! So I decided to try the class I've never touched before. I read some news that said Monk got a exp buff quest called Enlightenment. I'm not sure how to get this and how it works, like people say you can "stack" it, others say you should save up the buff for Cata contents, not the early contents, why is that? you got a limited amount of the exp buff quests? Sorry for my English :PCelesstiel8 Dec 29, 2015
Dec 28, 2015 "Walking Dead" [PvP] Hey fellow windwalkers, my buddy and I recently decided to start playing "Walking Dead" or "Punch Cleave" not sure what the official name is. Anyways, I wanted to know if any other WW play this comp at a high rating or any rating at all really that can throw a few tips/suggestions my way? Any POSITIVE suggestions are welcomed, none of the "LOLRETARDCLEAVE" junk though. Thanks, -YomperYomper5 Dec 28, 2015
Dec 28, 2015 WW's good for 1v1's? Just wondering if WW's are good for 1v1's in general. I played a monk in MoP and carried heaps of people! i know monk isnt as prime as it was in MoP, but just wondering if they are better than average of at least in top 3 for 1v1's.Typsyhunter7 Dec 28, 2015
Dec 28, 2015 WW monk pvp do people use blackout kick in pvp ?Inelf4 Dec 28, 2015
Dec 28, 2015 monks .. which spec ? i want to create a monk, but idk which spec i should choose, can anyone help me out ? like which one is the best, most tanky and does good dmg and decent healing ? is there a big difference ? i would like to go with speed and stealth .Thaless5 Dec 28, 2015
Dec 28, 2015 Sacred Draenic Incense I recently obtained this from heroic Arch and proceeded to upgrade it twice right away since I assumed based on the description that it was BiS. Here I am nearly two months later and realizing it never procs,,, In a raid environment I have so much going on and am mashing my buttons so rapidly I hadn't noticed that I never got my free rising sun kick. Now with the winter dailies I can slow down and really pay attention. Ive done those dailies everyday since the event began and I swear my trinket has not proc'd a single time. Does anyone else have this problem? Is the trinket bugged?Tsunädi3 Dec 28, 2015
Dec 27, 2015 Legion Mistweaver Soloing Question I've been watching a few videos on Legion and Monks with a particular interest in Mistweaver since it is bar none my favourite spec. One of the the things I love about Mistweaver is how well I can solo. No, I don't smash through things, but I can steadily and with determination punch through just about anything. It's to me the perfect balance of doing adequate DPS and also having survivability to spare. (I felt the same way in Vanilla about Holy Priests. Sure it took a while to kill stuff but the odds of you dying were slim to none.) However with the removal of fist-weaving I'm worried Mistweaver soloing will be lost or at least severely crippled. None of the videos I've watch really go over this aspect of the spec, choosing to focus on things like the new healing spells and talent changes, something I completely understand. But it is a topic I'd like to know more about. Anyone here have any knowledge of how the Legion changes will impact soloing as a Mistweaver?Dezhraie5 Dec 27, 2015
Dec 27, 2015 Monk's Acuity (Passive) ... I can dream can't I ? :)Fistofelune8 Dec 27, 2015
Dec 26, 2015 Brewmaster legion So I just got into brewmaster. I have to say, I am addicted. I love it. I think it will be my new main, but the internet seems to think BrM is getting gutted come legion, but I am having a hard time finding the changes that will "kill" us. Can someone tell me what we do know about BrM in legion, and how vastly different it will be?Soonzen1 Dec 26, 2015
Dec 26, 2015 Mistweaver pvp not so good? In MOP I played my mistweaver and loved it. I could get away from pretty much anyone to heal, I wasn't afraid of dying to any one player ever. I realize dropping orbs was OP and understand why it was removed. I personally thing a CD should of been added instead. After playing a Holy pally, resto druid and Disc priest, everything from just doing proving grounds to pvp has been ridiculously difficult compared to the other healers I've played. I got endless healer on my priest and pally but struggled to complete silver on my monk. I'm now 703 Ilvl and I don't have many running heroics but considering I completely outgear them it's no wonder. Raids I do ok meter wise. Biggest issue is in pvp. Almost every class has an arsenal of interrupts and gap closers topped with ridiculous damage that I cannot escape or heal through. Warriors, rogues, ret pallys, enhancement and feral seem to be the worse and have more than enough ways to stay on me and prevent me from healing. This is the first time in many years I've had trouble staying alive vs 1 other player (I don't remember the last time I ran from a ret pally before this class) I realize pvp isn't designed around 1v1, but it's also not designed for one DPS to dominate a healer. Hell even prot specs can pressure me. MW pvp went from rolling around keeping people alive and having fun to running away from anything that moves and tabbing out reading FB while I'm waiting for the respawn timer. Anyone else find this spec is lackluster when compared to any other healer? I don't see many MW aroundJanacy8 Dec 26, 2015
Dec 26, 2015 New Mistweaver, need guidance for PvE Hey all, I've been healing as a Mistweaver from 1 to 90 in dungeons. However, a chance conversation with another Mistweaver shook the very foundations of my role. He told me he has been healing in Spirited Crane stance in raids, by using using his dps to heal people, giving decent numbers. Due to lack of a guide in the forums, I'm not sure what to do. Should I heal in Wise Serpent or Spirited Crane stance? Or if someone could lead me to a nice guide, I can then read it on my own.Goldenpalm6 Dec 26, 2015
Dec 25, 2015 is anyone else slightly concerned For tigereye brew in wod? I very much so enjoy how it currently works. Am I one of the few or is it a common thought that it feels like they are taking something unique to us? Other than that the legion changes look absolutely fantastic and I'm very excited to see how they play out. Thoughts, monk community?Momau36 Dec 25, 2015
Dec 25, 2015 Rogue or Monk? Hello everyone, I'm having a really tough time choosing between these two. I'm planning on PvE and PvP. I want a class that's fun and doesn't get boring quickly, and something that's viable in raiding with a guild or group. Also a class that levels kind of quick, I know Monks have the pillgrimage thing, but I mean like without that being counted for. Thanks :)Shameltoetem28 Dec 25, 2015
Dec 25, 2015 am i doing something wrong as a pvp MW? It seems like my heals just aren't enough to heal through damage, surging mists are topping at 20k's while spamming them my expel harm heals for like 16k, idk what i'm doing wrong i just can't keep myself alive, or my dps alive.Kronxd3 Dec 25, 2015
Dec 25, 2015 Hybrid WW Heals... ...are pathetic in arenas. Pop TEB and Energizing Brew and Survival Hunter pet, no debuffs, makes up for whatever hard cast healing done. How the hell does Blizzard wake up every day and not tune this broken !@# patch. Losing an arena match when it comes down to last one on each team and the class brought decides the winner. Watching the hunter get from 15% to 40% is awesome because of passive heals.Jummy34 Dec 25, 2015
Dec 25, 2015 R1 MW Streaming MW/Spriest/Mage @2400 Please feel free to ask questions - will try to answer them between queues. http://www.twitch.tv/yojaoGrunzevald0 Dec 25, 2015
Dec 25, 2015 Brewmasters come please I don't feel like my threat gen is great at all ie I struggle to get or keep threat on my counter tanks any help is appreciated if you copy my name and go to logs you can see them thanksSwagmàster15 Dec 25, 2015
Dec 25, 2015 Tigereye brew Rip tigereye brew i personally enjoyed it. using buttons to get enough stacks for a mega dps increase. Do you guys think it should have another modifier in legion to keep that same feel for building stacks to deal the dig bick damage or do you think it should stay the same? Also if anyone has a link or something to why they changed it id appreciate itDankchan9 Dec 25, 2015
Dec 24, 2015 Mouseover Zen Sphere macro doesn't work Hello everyone! Basically, I'm trying to use a mouseover macro for Zen Sphere, but it doesn't work :/ My other mouseover macros (ex: SEF) work just fine. I've tried a few different ways [target=mouseover] [@mouseover,exists] [@mouseover,help] but no luck. Is there any explanation for this? Does anyone have a working mouseover zen sphere macro? Thanks in advance!Seïjuro3 Dec 24, 2015
Dec 23, 2015 2h or 1h now? WW pvp not sure which weapons to buy..Windwalker23 Dec 23, 2015
Dec 23, 2015 Tank DPS I feel like for my ilvl that my dps is very low. I am getting between 22k and 23k on heroic gorefiend and heroic iron reaver. The guardian druid main tank was pushing 80k+ both fights with soul capacitor + blademaster trinkets. Is there anything i can do to improve my dps?Knom5 Dec 23, 2015
Dec 23, 2015 Why it feel like everything is out of reach? And that I do no damage? I disable first thing and it still constantly feels like everyone is slightly faster than me and I can't connect and when I do I feel like I do no damage. It's really weird, none of my other melee feel like this but monk is just so clunky it feels like. Even landing a FoF requires a stun first. Am I doing something wrong? Why does it feel like this? Should I be wasting leg sweeps to land FoF? Should I be using FoF without 10 stacks even?Megahurtz7 Dec 23, 2015
Dec 23, 2015 Oh how the mighty have fallen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Er4uWZDeM :(... So, what are you gonna main in legion now that MW is totally destroyed..Nixxrax16 Dec 23, 2015
Dec 22, 2015 a cool suggestion for monk roll ok blizz how about making monks roll when timed right reduce or prevent fall damage? it plays in to the martial arts fantasy an shaolin monks have been using flips an rolls for generations an its in about every martial arts film an still being used in Parkour an veriest martial artsMistreaver6 Dec 22, 2015
Dec 22, 2015 New to healing. Hello all. This is my first toon that I've ever really tried healing on and I'm curious if mouse-over macros are sufficient enough to heal with. This is the macro that I've been using #showtooltip Spell Name /use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Spell Name I'm not a big fan of needless addons so I would like to stay away from clique or healbot. Thanks in advance.Zohala2 Dec 22, 2015
Dec 22, 2015 WW artifact! I honestly believe the WW artifact is the coolest one by far. Look at the final form and MMO Champion finally released a video of it. Take a look! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6c89Srrq3wDarkcratos9 Dec 22, 2015
Dec 22, 2015 6.2 PTR Monk Notes (Updated 5/15/2015) Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/18539917/62-ptr-patch-notes-4-13-2015#monk General Blackout Kick now deals 5% less damage. Provoke now has a 30 yard range (down from 40 yards). Rising Sun Kick (Windwalker, Mistweaver) now deals 5% less damage. Tiger Palm now deals 5% less damage. Tiger Strikes no longer triggers from multistrikes, but now provides a 40% increase to Multistrike chance while active. Brewmaster Blackout Kick no longer increases the Stagger amount for Brewmaster Monks. Stance of the Sturdy Ox now increases armor by 125% (up from 75%) and provides a 20% base Stagger percentage. Additionally, the Stagger effect no longer works against attacks which ignore armor. Windwalker Fists of Fury now deals 5% less damage. Hurricane Strike now deals 5% less damage. Talents Chi Explosion now deals 5% less damage for Windwalker Monks. Serenity now lasts 5 seconds for Brewmaster Monks (down from 10 seconds). Edit: Some of you still think the 30% nerfs are going through, which is kind of hilarious, but I updated the notes. Sorry I didn't do it sooner, I've lost interest in the game. Also, I thought this was hilarious (Holinka said this on MMOchamp): PvP While I don't interact on Twitter any more i read tweets & forums & appreciate feedback. Thx. (holinka)Calidían219 Dec 22, 2015
Dec 21, 2015 WW DPS compared to other classes Hey guys so I'm thinking of boosting a WW monk. How is their dps in comparison to other melee classes. I know that it is a bit different at different iLvls but in general how are they doing right now?Madecorsano2 Dec 21, 2015
Dec 21, 2015 MW tips required! Hi all, I'm new to MW. Haven't played it since the MoP Beta and would like some tips or macros... anything to help me get better! A few things I want to know are: ∙ Best comp(s) ∙ Defensive or Offensive healer? (comp dependent?) ∙ Any mandatory glyphs? ∙ Is there a cookie cutter spec? (Current spec is what I've been using ∙ What class(es) should I have trouble with? Thanks in advance!Isqete4 Dec 21, 2015
Dec 21, 2015 Mistweaver RBG PvP Questions.. So until yesterday i had never done any MW play at all so of course i was getting smashed... but now i have some "DECENT" pvp stuff and i noticed i can really heal a lot if im left alone but the second a rogue or a warrior or even a paladin who knows what they are doing is on me i struggle very hard to heal through there onslaught... especially if two people jump me... Unlike my priest or previous experience on druids (druid being pre draenor) it seems incredibly hard to heal through getting bursted... is there a certain sequence of things i should try doing when they are me? chi torpedo'ing away doesn't seem very effective as they just charge you or shadowstep on you again.... any advice would be greatly appreciatedMakunouchi3 Dec 21, 2015
Dec 21, 2015 Monk 4th spec... Fistweaving (Duh) Fistweaver Fistweavers are a unique in the monk community. Often times they are seen as hot heads and easy to enrage. But few outside their ranks realize the fine line they walk between inner peace and chaos. Using their anger and rage and focusing it through smooth and steady movements, the Fistweaver is able to redirect the life essence or their enemies and transfer it into allies. Gameplay The goal of the Fistweaver Monk is to inflict as much damage as possible to enemy players and npcs to heal friendly party and raid members. Fistweavers will focus primarily on single target attacks that heal nearby allies who are the focus of a new mechanic for the Fistweaver Monk.. Crane Effigies Here is a basic look at the core combat healing abilities of the Fistweaver Monk: Mastery: Gift of the Crane Increase the amount of healing done by your Crane Effigies by 25% (Increased with Mastery from gear) and also gives you a 10% chance to summon a new Crane Effigy, costing no mana, and randomly focuses a party or raid member each time you damage a target with Crane Kick. Summon Crane Effigy 7% Mana, Instant, 30 yrd Range Create a small Crane Effigy which will follow your target for the next 30 seconds and healing them for 100% of the damage you deal. (Only one Effigy can follow your target.) Crane Kick A fast, single target, attack which regenerates 3% or the monks mana and increases the duration of all Crane Effigies summoned by the monk by 6 seconds. Can only be used after a successful Jab hit. Jab 1.6% Mana, Melee range, instant A quick punch that inflicts a moderate amount of damage. Spinning Crane Kick 3% Mana, Channeled. You spin while kicking the air, dealing moderate damage over 1.5 sec to enemies within 8 yards. If Spinning Crane Kick hits 3 or more targets it will rally your Crane Effigies causing them to mimic the attack, each inflicting 15% of the damage dealt by your Spinning Crane Kick to targets within 8 yards of each Effigy. Crane Call Instant, Melee Range, 20 sec cooldown You let out a Crane Call, causing all active Crane Effigies summoned by you to instantly rush your target and knocking them over interrupting them and also silencing them for 1 second for each Effigy called up to 6 seconds. Crane Rush Instant, 12 sec cooldown, 30 yard range You rush your target with incredible speed, inflicting a moderate amount of damage to your target and up to 4 additional targets within 10 yards. Each target damaged beyond your initial target will grant you an Essence Charge (Max 3). After 6 seconds, you will release an Essence Burst, healing all nearby allies for 5% of your max health for each Charge Consumed. (Max 15%) Crane Flight Instant, 30 sec cooldown Temporarily increases your run speed by 70% for the next 6 seconds and reduces threat and damage taken by 90% for the duration.Coldspell14 Dec 21, 2015
Dec 21, 2015 Auto-attack animation bug So every time that my character goes into the ready stance, they pull out the weapons that I have equipped and auto-attack with them. Even if I have glyph of jab on, it still holds them and wont put them away. I have tested multiple characters and it seems that the only time I have this problem is on this character while the rest keep their weapons sheathed. Are there any fixes for this?? Thanks.Chinatsue3 Dec 21, 2015
Dec 21, 2015 Why are mistweavers the strongest spec? BECAUSE WE'RE ALWAYS LIFTING :,D BA DUM TISSVonjina6 Dec 21, 2015
Dec 21, 2015 Monks are too Pandaren I know that the class was designed based on Pandaren martial arts for the sake of the expansion, but blizz Your Diablo 3 monks are amazingly fun to play- and since we're adopting other ideas form that game (the good ones anyways) for Legion, I seriously suggest you to step away from your panda theme and to move towards a more. global, monk feel, or at least give us glyphs to make them feel less pandaren and more like a class instead of an extension of the race. Instead of the sole oriental themes that are used in literally all of their abilities, make them have a heavier focus on discipline and speed, and throw in spiritual themes for their more special abilities- it'd make them a lot more fun to playAsêla32 Dec 21, 2015
Dec 21, 2015 SCK and CJL for Windwalker Monk Hello guys! Spinning Crane Kick and Crackling Jade Lightning seem a bit useless to me? How do you guys use it on WW Monk?Naeviri4 Dec 21, 2015