Monk

Oct 26, 2016 7.1 Flying Serpent Kick at 48? Logged onto my lvl 47 WW and found FSK missing from my action bars, and in my spellbook it showed as a greyed-out level 48 ability. Dinged 48 and told me I had learned FSK. Was this an actual change? or just some patch weirdness?Thraya3 Oct 26, 2016
Oct 26, 2016 enlightenment buff not applied after turning in the daily quest in the peak of serenity, I am suppose to get the enlightenment buff, but when i turn in the quest, I get NADA. patch 7.1 bug # 109745684338909626538 change the name from "Return to Karazan" to "Return to Bugazan"Xianzu0 Oct 26, 2016
Oct 26, 2016 Low Damage While Questing. Need Advice. Hey all, so I JUST got to the Broken Isles and started to do the first couple of quests in Val Sharah. I was wondering if and when it gets easier to kill mobs? In Northrend, Pandiara, and WoD I was blazing through mobs, aggroing 5+ at a time and melting them down with Fists of Fury. Now I struggle to kill 1 at a time and if i accidentally aggro two I almost die without using my major CD's . Is it just because my gear is still from previous expansions? It takes around 20 seconds to kill mob currently.Southmonk4 Oct 26, 2016
Oct 26, 2016 Bubbling keg? Sorry if I missed explanation, did see a bug post about this without response. Ever since the first day, bubbling keg has been empty. Appears, I loot nothing, then it disappears and respawns. Is there a reason for this?Shrîke13 Oct 26, 2016
Oct 26, 2016 All aboard the WW train. Since WW was given the role that feral has had in the past in pvp and I've always loved monk I think it's time for a change of scenery. RIP feral. Hello WW again. Edit: this isnt a WW is OP thread. I just enjoy WW and it just so happens to fall under a playstyle I love.Bramblehoof9 Oct 26, 2016
Oct 26, 2016 Yup, Statue looks better now. Its doing higher healing than crack bird (and I don't have the artifact boost to soothing). Bird might pull ahead on Xavius because of dreaming reset but otherwise nope. Bye bye, birdy.Massang0 Oct 26, 2016
Oct 26, 2016 Dumb Question How do I get to the peak of serenity? I am using Zen Pilgrimage but it just takes me to The Temple of The Five Dawns I'm trying to get the fist wrapsParkzy2 Oct 26, 2016
Oct 26, 2016 7.1 ww changes Just wondering where the 70% slow and knockdown is on FOF. It seems that the patch notes say there are changes but in game the tool tip is unchanged, and FOF still stuns for 4 seconds in pvp. Could someone tell me if i am missing something. Thanks. Honestly i was getting excited to have the chance to not stun with FOF for the sake of DR in two's as double damage.Stunkmunk1 Oct 26, 2016
Oct 26, 2016 Minor changes that could improve BrM I appreicate the 7.1 changes to BrM, but they're still no where near enough to get them up with the other tanks. I see the Brew-Stache change more of a fix than a buff as 1.5s duration made it practically worthless. I'm surprised Dragonfire Brew wasn't touched as it is even more pointless than a 1.5s Brew-Stache. The 15% armor buff was also much needed and appreciated. I think the fundamental problem with BrMs right now are their stagger/ISB/Purify mechanic. It's probably too late to revamp the entire system, we'll probably have to wait for the next expansion for that, but until then, we do need some minor buffs and QoL changes. For starters, why not make Expel Harm also Purify maybe around 10-25% of your stagger when used? This will be a nice complement to Purify and it's something that can't be used frequently, you'll have to wait until you have at least 1 Orb in order to use. This will also alleviate the stagger pain we feel a bit. Another possible change location is Zen Med. Right now, it's a pretty crappy defense CD if you don't have the Legendary that buffs it. I'd say put that Legendary ability in it, make it stock and then change the Legendary to further enhance it. Right now a 60% damage mitigation that is channeled (can't move, can't attack) that breaks with melee damage for a TANK is just kinda dumb. Especially for a high CD ability. Could see it as a MW ability, but tank? Come on. Any other suggestions feel free to add.Sifu6 Oct 26, 2016
Oct 26, 2016 WW WeakAuras? Hey guys, I'm looking for some weakauras can anyone help? I would like to track ToD, ToK ( How much is left ), FoF, Hit Combo, Transfer Power, black out kick proc and CD of RSK. I get WW may not "need" these but I would like them, because there is always room to improve as a player.Alpunchino4 Oct 26, 2016
Oct 26, 2016 Unsheathing Crit Error Anyone else having this problem? whenever I unsheathe my rockhands I get a Critical Error and get kicked from game.Larrywong2 Oct 26, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 7.1 MW changes JSS possibly usefull with SM buff? anyone know if it will supass Chi-ji with its nerf?Mikasä13 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Crackling Jade Nerf - Why? Anyone know what Blizzard's justification is/might be for this slap in the face? Give Crackling an insane energy cost - Okay. It does still basically 0 damage - Okay....... Why does this exist? And don't say "for hit combo", because this spell has been around long before hit combo... But they decide to nerf it now? I just don't understand. Did I miss something in the ptr notes? Are they upping the damage?Chillypalmer20 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 If i get haste from my +10 weekly chest I will cry :(Nerfmeharder3 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Human Monk or Night Elf ? I want to up a monk but I don't know wich class is the best. :)Foeda17 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Really Bliz? BrM nerfs? Evidently when you unsheath your weapon it has a chance to crash your client with a 132 error. I realize that this is a universal nerf to all classes, but it affects us more than anyone as it takes away one of our primary sources of damage. It really feels as if the class is completely unplayable now.Butterfly0 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Hello my Monk friends This Kitty wants to know what AOE feels like so I'm thinking of trying out to be a monk. I've never played a monk before, is it easy to pick up? I basically need another alt that can alternate with this kitty to do Mythics and raid with since not everyone wants a feral in mythics.Yvárhna7 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Why are monk healers so hard to kill? No, this isn't a complaint post or a passive aggressive accusation of them being OP. Of all the classes in WoW I know the least about monk. I was on break from WoW for all of MoP and have just never played or looked into monks at all. But I have noticed when I delved into some pvp in legion that MW monks are damn near impossible to kill. Even getting them down to almost no health with some bleeds on them they suddenly bounce away and are at full health again. Repeatedly. This might not be the case if I had any understanding of the class or what they were doing to accomplish this. But I don't. So, what is it that makes them so hard to kill and what are the abilities/rotation allowing them to so effectively survive while still healing others even? I mean, in a BG I watched four or five people on a monk going ham and they just ended up chasing him around the farm flag for at least 5 minutes before he went down.Harambanero1 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 New Control the Mists Talent Bugging Hey all, I just did a battleground with the new Control the Mists talent selected, and halfway through it just stopped functioning. I couldn't cast Effuse instantly, and the debuff didn't show up again for the rest of the BG. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what made it stop working, just that it stopped sometime during the BG. If you encounter this bug too, post here with some details! Cheers, --FattimusFattimus0 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 SEF's 2 spirits get maces and swords While I was using this WW ability I noticed swords on one spirit and maces on the other spirit. Clearly Blizzard didn't feel like duplicating our fist-weapons? Please allow us to transmog our fist-weapons to swords/axes/maces as we were once able to use those drops from raids.Aurorafinis6 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Where is Double Dragons? Really? They removed it?Rhaeya6 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Why can't WW transmog into swords anymore? Getting to only transmog your fist weapons into other fist weapons is kind of silly, considering pre-Legion we could transmog into Swords and other weps. Why can't this be brought back? :(Aberrance12 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 WHERE IS MASTER TANS NEW LOCATION He is not in Peak Of Serenity anymore.Kucklord3 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Always go for 3 Teachings of the Monastery? As a mw monk do i always get 3 stacks of [Teachings of the Monastery] before I cast Blackout Kick?Anti2 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 problem with our BM tank my guild is having a lot of issues on the spider boss in EN on heroic and i think it is because of our Monk tank... when he and our warrior tank are linked, i believe his stagger (which shares damage when linked i believe) is causing the warrior tank and himself to get absolutely wrecked. is anyone else having the same issue? i mean they get just destroyed and im not sure if its a taunt swap issue or if the issue that i think it is, is what is causing the problems. please provide any input you can. 2nd thing is, he is completely obsessed with his dps, like to an unhealthy level... is there something in the spec that helps him as a tank the better dps he does? some sort of active mitigation?Tudapally50 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Serenity Help - I've read walkingthewinds This question is for cooldown use outside of the opener. I know that it is best to pop serenity when FoF has less than 15 seconds on its cooldown and SoTWL has less than 13 seconds on its cooldown, and RSK is ready to use. My question is this: Under normal circumstances, like when serenity is nowhere near up, you always use FoF, SoTWL, and RSK on cooldown. As the timer for serenity is getting close to being active do you hold off on using those three abilities to try and get their cooldowns into that optimal place? And if so, how do you know when to stop using those abilities so the cooldowns are in the right spot? Or, do you just keeping use them on cooldown and hold off on popping serenity until they are in the right place? Im so confused! Please help! Bonus Question - I have gale force and am confused about waiting to use either serentiy or ToD until they line up with each other. I know they line up for the opener, but then if you use them both on cooldown they will not line up within 30 seconds of each other until minute 6 of the fight. Request - please do not simply link the walking the winds website. I have read it several times and have not been able to figure out the answers to this question. I also did install the weakaura where the big serenity button turns green when it is optimal to use, but that didnt help because most of the time, the way I was doing the rotation, the button never turned green. It only turned green when I stopped using all my abilites for a long period of time to get them all in the right spot cooldown wise which ended up in a huge dps loss. My ilvl is 865 so i should be able to easily do 350k dps single target, but over a long fight I am only getting 280 or so. I spike up to like 750 during the opener so i know I am doing that part right, it is the long game I am having trouble figuring out. Thanks!!!!!Brucescoots1 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 WW vs. Pally Having trouble soloing these guys, any other class I can beat and have beaten throughout the time I've played monk since MoP. But with the addition of the secondary bubble that paladin have for teammates, I cannot seem to be able to beat them unless my 2s/3s partners take them down. Not sure if this is a hard counter class and I'm not meant to beat them, or if I just approach the duel wrong.Fogboxer12 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 how to beat frost mage? I am having trouble with frost mages! I am only level 106 so i do not have my honor talents yet. They just kite me around and its hard to land anything.Mazdryk5 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Help my damage Hi all, did 240K on Sunday on Heroic Ursoc. I feel I'm capable of much more (I'm in 50th percentile). Is ithere my gear? I'm at 43% mastery buffed. What a a better number to push for? If it shows me as a MW my WW gear is a 855 memento instead of the chrono shardYeast1 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Mythic EN Windwalker - Help Hi to any mythic raiding windwalkers out there. I need help with serenity. I feel like my rotation is down pat, but I am still trying to figure out the best rotation for serenity, and when to use serenity. I'm ilvl 875 and on boss fights, I'm not able to rank in the 90th percentile on warcraft logs. I think it's due to my lack of serenity understanding. My current opener is chi wave---> tiger palm---> blackout kick---->touch of death--->serenity--->rising sun kick--->Strike of windlord--->Fists--->Rising sun kick--->spinning crane kick--->blackout kick. The above is the usual rotation I follow for every Serenity, however it's the timing I think is hurting my dps. Is it best to always wait for Touch of Death to use Serenity? Or keep using it whenever it's off cooldown? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!Monkmywords7 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Legendary Wrists Sooooo I just randomly got the legendary wrists from the Nightfallen emissary chest... i didnt notice it for a few moments until i read my chat stuff and saw it. I kind of flipped. Mainly was in denial because my ilvl is trash compared to everyone else (was 836 before legendary). So the bracers buff Storm Earth Fire, which i was contemplating on giving up to start working on serenity because of weird glitches and (i think) its better for pvp. But do i throw all that down the toilet now that i got these? I feel bad because i know there are trillions of others who deserved them way more than me, so sorry! I do love monks though, so ill do my best to keep them in good hands! Anyways, do I ditch serenity?Mynn10 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 How is he targeting his heals? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADCB5RAgg2A How is he healing his targets without clicking the unitdrames or mouse over macros? I don't see a cursor hover over or click any unitframes in the video. sorry if this is the wrong board.Ghost11 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Sheilun should trigger soothing mist Seems like a fair enough request.Eradun3 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Saw a PTR 7.1 link edit; love you. found a current 7.1 postEquin0 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 PSA Enemygrid Broken - Eff SCK Stacks See title. Blizzard broke enemygrid so it's !@#$ing hell to build SCK stacks manually without GD SEF. Back to breaking my wrists fighting against the GD piece of crap tab targetting.Taumro0 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Monk Scales Horribly with gear I have always been the top geared person in my guild, and was always top dps, im still ahead of most people but as they got better gear their damage has increased exponentially while mine has gone up almost none, we got a serious scaling problemLycanthore12 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Considering reroll to WW I have been having a lot of fun with fire, but I have nothing to do during the week because we have no one willing to tank even low lvl mythic+s during week. I am trying to decide on a hybrid with a tanking OS. Based on our raid comp, I am torn between DK and monk. WW is a lot of fun, but it looks like the numbers aren't very good- though dks look worse. In the past I have always enjoyed hybrid classes because of the flexibility. I understand that I will not be doing as much raid dps as either a dk or ww. How bad is WW dps right now? I don't mind losing some dps in our casual raids if that means I can play during the week outside of raid.Discocakes3 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 BIS MW trinkets Can't find anything anywhere. Does anyone now what the trinket rankings is from best to worst? I have 7 trinkets and I don't know what's good and what's not. Thanks!Nushie5 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 What am i doing wrong as a healer? I've got 'decent' gear and have been playing the class got a very long time. i like to think i know what im doing, but im constantly getting destroyed in heals when i raid. i can do normal raid just fine, but i dont feel like i can contribute enough in heroic unless i burn through my mana spamming vivify whenever i can. the same goes for mythic's. i feel fine in like m+1-4, but beyond that i just cant keep up with the incoming damage at all =/ i do my best to keep up the long duration HoT when i can, i heal often, i use cooldowns when they feel needed, yet unless im burning my mana halfway through the fight i can barely push 200k. typicaly about 150-170 is more of an average. yet i've seen videos of other monks roughly around my same gear level that are getting constant 200's or 250's in healing and i cant figure out why. please help =( i really love being a monk healer, but i feel as if im hurting my guild because of my numbersRiftshadow42 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Brewmaster stat priority? Specifically wondering what you guys have found works best in mythic+. Not interested in tanking Emerald Snoozefest. Icy Veins claims haste is #1 till 30%, but they also mention that the blackout strike CD is not reduced by haste, which is wrong. So maybe haste is even better than they think? Mastery and Crit both seem great, hard to decide on what to go for... Versatility seems the weakest by far. Thoughts?Chillypalmer23 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 MMO champ 7.1 According to the notes on that site, brewmaster and windwalker are getting renewing mists and effuses healing is increased by 100%... is this correct?Sensero8 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Drunken Brewmaster UI Classic (October 2016) Drunken Brewmaster UI Classic (October 2016) Purpose: To promote healthy competition and hilarious memories as BrM Prize: A special PIN acknowledging the winner’s achievement in Brewmaster Discord channel Goal: Complete a Legion dungeon as BrM with three conditions: 1. Use ALT-Z the whole dungeon (no UI) 2. Macro an alcohol of choice to Ironskin Brew 3. Do not die Contestants will be evaluated based on the following criteria -Difficulty of Dungeon -Completion Time (normalized via the M+ 2 dungeon timers) -Quality of Proof (more evidence the better) -Best Screenshot Judging: The purple people on BrM Discord Deadline: Contest runs from Tuesday Oct 18, 2016 to Monday Oct 24, 2016 (11:00PM EST) Please direct any questions to zaldinfox in Brewmaster discord. Good luck, and happy chugging!Bønes5 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 [H] LF MW for 3's Looking to do Demo Enh MW for 3's. 2k CR at the moment, but slowly declining as newcomers keep doing the ol', "win 1, lose 1, leave." Would like a regular partner to get this going with!Skilly2 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 brewmasters getting a buff! So will the +15% armor from fear and brew-stage time increased be a significant buff to my spec? Will I see any real difference in survivability?Syolis16 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Monk stats So from what I have gather and been reading around, I have found this piece of information that seems to be legit, but I am wondering if this is really what people are doing? " Agility is nearly always king. If items have Mastery, Vers, and or Crit on them, the higher item level will likely be best unless you’re really far from the ideal gaps and the ilvl change is small. Mastery should be 4525 higher than Vers. If Mastery minus Vers > 4525, further points of Vers will be more valuable than further points of Mastery. If Mastery minus Vers < 4525, then further points of Mastery will be more valuable than further points of Vers. Vers should be kept 400 higher than Crit, or 800 if you’re a Blood Elf due to the Crit % racial. If Vers minus Crit is > 400 (or 800 for BE) then further points of Crit will be more valuable than further points of Vers. If Crit > Vers then Vers will be more valuable. Haste is tricky. In general you’re fine with any haste % as long as its less than 10%." I look at higher ranked monks like Megabloks, Mave, Shadli, and they all seem to just go straight mastery > Crit and don't look back. Is this the better option?Treehùgg3 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 JSS or Chi Ji? Until this new patch, I never knew JSS was so frowned upon as compared to Chi Ji. I always thought both talents are equal but had its own niches. Is there anyone else who also picks JSS as a default choice for the single target HPS and only pick the crack bird for AOE fights? Im talking more about dungeon content here. If I pick JSS am I really clipping my healing potential as so many people seem to say? I have not done mythics yet, but JSS seems good for now!Rexonologist1 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Let windwalkers transmog swords! I miss my awesome ninja trasmog!Kenhic21 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Brew crackling jade lightning Really? Upping the cost that much? This thing can barely hurt level 85 mobs.Chipa3 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 Jack of all trades - Master of None. Hi everyone, It has recently come to my attention that I am under performing in raids. I heal enough, but comparatively to our resident druid and paladin, my numbers are lacking. My original thought was "Maybe I just suck", but then I checked out warcraftlogs. The top healers across the board are Holy Paladins and Resto Druids. Hardly another spec in sight. And so I looked to the 7.1 PTR patch notes for, hopefully, some buffs to MW, and absolutely nothing. In fact, only minor nerfs to druids and barely any other healer changes. This indicates healers are in a place Blizzard are comfortable with. Why? Why is it okay that there are six healer specs in the game, and four are practically abandoned in the highest levels of play? Additionally, I would ask why a HoT which I maintain on four to six targets at all times is eclipsed by a smart healing cooldown. Renewing Mists is very clearly underwhelming to consume so many GCDs and be outperformed by Big Bird on Methamphetamine (speaking of, what the heck is that animation Blizzard? You can do so much better.) Mistweavers are, in my opinion, the most fun healing spec in the game right now. I have twenty four keybinds which I use frequently; not a single button is wasted. I can raid heal, spot single target heal, dish out rather obsurd damage, and provide very useful utility. Yet for all my practice, I cannot compete with druids or paladins in any of those fields. Thank you for your time.Sidoh36 Oct 25, 2016
Oct 25, 2016 WW Burst in pvp Trying to get a better idea what to line this up with i guess. For a while now I've just been waiting til windlord is up and using it with that, but the more i look at FOF damage i kinda wonder if its not smarter using it with a full FOF into RSK, rather then waiting for windlord to come up, or holding windlord for burst. My understanding is this took a big hit in pvp damage a while back. Is it worth worrying about lining it up with windlord if the damage was reduced that much?Shadowkick8 Oct 25, 2016