Monk

Apr 8 Best Trinkets for Windwalker? So, is there a trending best trinket combo now? Most BIS sites just say use whatever.Fistz9 Apr 8
Apr 8 WW 7.2 DPS issues I came back to the game before 7.2 after having taken a break right about when ToV came out. At the moment I'm struggling to pull good single target damage, comparatively to other classes. For example, in my guild raids, the DK is doing at least 150k more than I am. My multi target damage is doing well, assuming I have enough time to build up some stacks for SCK. Basically, I'm trying to figure out how I can increase my single target damage. All my relics are FoF, I use SEF when both FoF and SotW are ready, keep combo strikes up full time, and otherwise prioritize as I'm supposed to. I'm not fond of my trinkets at the moment, but there isn't much I can do about that.Quadav2 Apr 8
Apr 8 ama with healium i use ama in arenas but can not seem to figure out how to put it in a macro to use with Healium addon i use that will allow me to heal the player i want with out having to manually focus them. since it is not like other spells that you just drag to the healium frame and it is good to go i have no idea how to write it. any suggestions?Thebadguy3 Apr 8
Apr 8 Thinking of race changing I'm thinking about changing to a female panda for my monk, but I'm concerned about any clipping issues I might have. I have a dwarf warrior that I hate because any weapon on his back either clips through his cloak or is too long and drags through the ground and for some reason it makes it unplayable. I feel like I'm playing my monk wrong if it's not a squishy panda and I hope to be one soon.Rawnblade1 Apr 8
Apr 8 (PVP) Jade Statue not working Hello, is anyone else having a problem where jade statue doesn't channel soothing mist ONLY when targeting self? The statue heals my teammates (although it's clunky and buggy even with a stopcasting macro) but doesn't heal myself (The statue will channel soothing mist, however it does not heal). If anyone knows how to fix it or is having this bug as well please comment. edit: this is only with the talent ancient mistweaver artsFlappybirdjr1 Apr 8
Apr 8 Brewmaster confusion So I've never tanked in all my years of playing WOW so I made monk to be my first tank. First of all I'm not too sure what I'm really doing with the different defensive cooldowns. I kinda just click on the brews randomly throughout fights when they are up. Secondly I don't entirely understand the thing with healing spheres and how to proc them etc. I just realized expel harm may be important for my rotation which I never knew so that's good haha. Any tips on the different brews, healing spheres, and expel harm?Chakrra2 Apr 8
Apr 7 WW taking more damage now (pve)? I'm not sure if its scaling issues on broken shore, or what, but I swear my survivability went down with 7.2 I used to be fearless on my monk, the survival abilities(pve) were very good, while on my demon hunter, I was far more cautious as the healing for that class didn't compare to the WW healing. Now its almost as if my DH has better survivability than my monk, I often get taken to half health, where before I was nearly always at full. Anyone else notice this in PvE? I am wondering if this is just one more reason there are so many DH now, and so few windwalkers around..Felrond2 Apr 7
Apr 7 Damage cap on staggered Too bad that's not the April Fool's day joke.Shogi14 Apr 7
Apr 7 WW: Do I have the wrong colour appearance? In the intro sequence and also in our order hall, our challenging appearance is the white-coloured one. But the one on our hands is the green one, and the white one says it needs 10 RBG wins to unlock. Is it backwards? Should we really have the white one instead?Barthalomew5 Apr 7
Apr 7 Reevaluate Serenity and Hit Combo in PvP For a while now SEF and Xuen have been the only options for WWs in PvP because the serenity nerfs (both pvp-template and CDR) and hit combo nerfs (50% nerf in PvP only) made them nonviable choices in arena. SEF should have a place in arena, and the improvements to it were much needed, but it shouldn't be the only viable option. In PvE both specs can work, but in PvP WWs have been cornered into using Xuen and SEF which has become problematic for the following reasons: SEF continues to have bugs that result in DPS loss. One known bug this patch, for example, is that the images do not channel FoF immediately after being summoned. These types of bugs are particularly frustrating in PvP. WWs have very few talent 'options' in PvP. Chi orbit and serenity are never played. Hit combo was nerfed too severely making the also nerfed Xuen still the only option. Xuen breaks a lot of CC but provides good extended burst and was the alternative to the sustained damage of hit combo. As a reminder, Xuen was initially buffed to give WWs more talent options. This backfired when it turned out to do way too much damage. Instead of just tuning down Xuen, hit combo was nerfed even more severely than Xuen. Serenity was changed in a way that would have been a nerf in PvP but no template adjustments were made. That is, serenity has been nerfed in every aspect of the game (perhaps justifiably at the time) but it was never reevaluated. I hate to compare specs because it invites an entirely different type of discussion but at the moment many DPS specs in arena have a DPS CD comparable to serenity that has not been nerfed or is just as strong as serenity was pre-nerfs. WWs were nerfed in a very important and in, some would say, uncalled for way: FoF stun was reduced by 1 second. Some people complained that Serenity allowed WWs to fist 'too often' because they would get stun locked. This FoF nerf, plus the CDR changes, makes that less of a problem now. In 7.2 WW appear to be less competitive than many other specs. Serenity is once again being used in PvE due to changes this patch. This reminds us of how fun and somewhat skillful playing serenity can be. It feels a lot smoother and more reliable than trying to rely on images in PvP. I really hope blizzard will consider making serenity and hit combo viable options in PvP again. To sum up, instead of template changes to agility or overall damage, I think WWs need to have talent options in PvP. Serenity and hit combo should be reevaluated as viable options. I don't think many people are content with always having to take Xuen and WDP in arena. However, Serenity and Hit Combo will not be used unless at least some of the nerfs to those talents are reverted.Metrical13 Apr 7
Apr 7 God-Tier, the ascension of the Brewmaster. Hello everyone, I'm a relatively newish Brewmaster monk. I am currently 3/10H NH and am looking to improve my monk game so that I not only have more fun with the spec, but also more independence as a tank. I have heard stories and always see discussions come up that whenever players rate tanks. It always goes Guardian/Paladin/Warrior/VH/Monk.... However, if the monk is good, the Monk is always the best tank. Is this true? Are monks capable of reaching this so called God-Tier of playing? How would one go about doing this?Azshiiri2 Apr 7
Apr 7 Drinking Horn Cover tool tip bug Hello. I recently got the bracers and it has a weird display bug. It is showing at 0.1 instead of 0.4. It shows correct on the armory. I tried deleting my cache but the issue remain. I was wondering if anyone is encountering the same issue or has any idea on how to fix.. thank you in advanceMdh3 Apr 7
Apr 7 The Highlord's Return help? Have any of you Brewboyos managed to down this? I'm 909 equipped and doing Nether adds > eyes > boss > infernals. Using consumables, etc. Any of you champs got any advice? I thought I was a good Brewmaster up till now, have never got my !@# kicked so hard.Shern6 Apr 7
Apr 7 Mana costs for MW needs to be adjusted This has been my feeling the whole expac. I find myself having to decide to heal conservatively and save mana for the last phases of boss fights, or pull some throughput to compete with other healers, but then run out of mana way earlier then everyone else. This discrepancy is more pronounced with MW then other healing classes ( I heal on a shaman as well). I understand Blizz's logic about having to be selective with spell usuage and such, but I feel not on par with other healers in their choice between througput and mana conservation. I hope Im not the only MW feeling this way.Leisiulong22 Apr 7
Apr 7 WW Races, Belf feels required Used to be a blood elf WW monk, recently race changed to Undead. Not having an emergency chi as a third for SCK, or for covering mistakes like not enough chi for FoF is terrible. Not to mention how OP doing an aoe silence is for m+ dungeons. I regret changing to the race I want to. The raw dmg difference in a short window of being at 2 chi no energy vs a Belf in the same situation is too huge. Buff weaker racials, or have Blood Elf give just Energy instead. I don't think DK's get free rune recharges with their racial, or rogues combo points. Edit: also Pandaren get no benefit from theirs during leveling or questing when they don't eat food, I am sure giving them half of their racial even when they don't have a food buff would be too hard (like for arenas). /endrantFiréguard15 Apr 7
Apr 7 Mistweaver Macro Bug? So i havent played in a while and i got on my mistweaver monk. I have macros for all the basic healing spells for mouseover but none of them are working please help. Here is one of them #showtooltip Enveloping Mist /cast (target=mouseover) Enveloping MistBoomtaztic4 Apr 7
Apr 6 Dear Brewmaster's Just curious.. I've been playing a monk for a while well since mop. With legion and the changes brought about by 7.2, do you feel like ur taking more damage then normal and also our self healing is it % base from our healing spheres or just a base amount.. cause unlike other classes that all seem to heal way more then we do through self healing and absorbs. I find my self just spamming expel harm when I hit 35% and just non stop spamming it hoping for a big orb to drop so I can do a few more attacks before I start spamming expel harm again. Anyone find this bothersome?Adevia9 Apr 6
Apr 6 windwalker gloves legendary Question ok, so without the gloves, my ToD starts at 1.7 mil (50% of my HP), and ramps up to 3.5 with my burst. but WITH the gloves, it starts at 2.38 mil (as it should), but won't ramp up past 3.2 mil? meanwhile my guildy is pulling a 3.5 mil ToD without gloves, and 5.4 mil with. what did I break?!Onedrunkmonk14 Apr 6
Apr 6 Chest legendary for ww Hey fellow monks! i just got chest legendary for my ww monk. is it good or better than belt legandary?Deathdeny6 Apr 6
Apr 6 WW damage in pvp I am consistently the lowest damage in arena. Any other WWs experience this? In games longer than 5 mins I'm outdamaged by basically every other melee and usually by casters as well unless they're the ones being sat on. I just played a 2s game where I was on a spriest basically the whole game, he didn't juke me much, and somehow he outdamaged me by 30%. Is it just me or does WW do !@#$ all for damage in pvp?Sarasa12 Apr 6
Apr 6 Are we the underdog class? I feel as if our class is kind of overlooked by Blizzard in ways I can't seem to explain. We are the least played class, which might be why I feel this way, but I feel like we don't give the same thrills as other classes, like order halls and animations... Can someone reassure me that we are the master-class?Notserious31 Apr 6
Apr 6 Splinters of Agronax trinket - WW Any other WW no is picked one of these up? I just got a 905 one this week and it seems like the damage scales with hit combo. You can see the trinket reacting actively as you increase your stacks when your character screen is active much like equipping the nightbane chest with any of it's related items. When I did a (no cooldowns) aim of the trinket on our (GOD AWFUL) targets in our class hall, it was a surprisingly large dps increase over my 890 trinket off spellblade (~65k DPS increase on those sometimes-multitarget dummies). Was this because perhaps the hotfixes of "gained stat" trinkets bug hadn't gone through yet, or is this trinket really that good? Thoughts/other peoples' sims very welcome :).Slimstar1 Apr 6
Apr 6 7.2 Ei'thas buff. so, how are you guys finding the new legendary mistweaver boots? i've been shooting for these and i was wondering if that was the right choice, or, if i should swap toward trinkets to try and get a Velen's? i know Velen's is the right choice, but, i just find Ei'thas as a more interesting option since it buffs Vivify. i imagine Velen's is still far and away the best choice, but eh.Cherché2 Apr 6
Apr 5 How did you come up with your name? Guys, I've seen the name rating threads, but often see a name and wonder, how a person came up with it, or what it means to them. Usually there's a story. With mine, I saw monks and panderan in general as a people that love their exotic brews, always trying to perfect them. When I saw other monks having a hard time in content, I would tell them they should have drank more, since they empower you. So when I made my monk, the name seemed fitting. Tell me your story? :)Drinkmore152 Apr 5
Apr 5 866 ww monk mage tower epic fight guys https://youtu.be/OCu6q25GU10Gnonk3 Apr 5
Apr 5 Artifact Challenge is Dissappointing I'm okay with it being difficult, that's not the issue here. The Challenge simply has nothing to do with "mastering" MW monk. When all the other classes are included in the same challenge it takes away from the actual mastery of one individual class. It relies heavily on legendaries and IL as well as other classes having an advantage over others based on their classes' utility. I enjoy that it's challenging, I'm just disappointed that it has little to do with mastery of your class. I just think it should have been more individualistic to one specific class spec.Skooter7 Apr 5
Apr 5 WW and the Mage tower From what I've gathered from the forums so far a lot of players are struggling with the mage tower. With some classes having an easier time than others due to having better CC, self healing and kiting. How is it so far with WW? What mechanics do the bosses do that I should know and what advice do you have for those who attempted it so far as a WW? I would like to know when I attempt it later when I'm done work.Shëntzu38 Apr 5
Apr 5 Windwalker Artifact Severe Clipping I want to bring the clipping issues occurring with the windwalker artifact to the attention of the devs and hopefully get some good discussion going. For an appearance that many have worked hard to get, we are greeted on several races with clipping examples such as these https://gyazo.com/bde099b146dfe205e3f3cc719df96e65 https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/114793754170228737/298434985143173120/unknown.png http://imgur.com/AcFi0vv http://imgur.com/jwVYIOo http://imgur.com/lotMv2J This is unacceptable, not only do we not get to show off our weapons while they're sheathed like many other classes. But we are also greeted with examples such as these when they are unsheathed. This Reddit thread also voices the concerns of many Windwalkers that have gone through the trouble to acquire this new appearance. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/63as2r/the_new_ww_monk_artifact_appearance_is_great_and/ I hope that this issue can be resolved as these weapons are truly beautiful when they're not clipping through your characters legs.Zholik8 Apr 5
Apr 5 We ww monks are forgotten again Is it me or is the new legion assault transmorgs do not have fist weapons...Kokonut0 Apr 5
Apr 5 Brewmaster Mage tower So after giving about 15 attempts I can say this is a force to be reckoned with. Guardians seem to be the only tank (At this moment) Getting past Phase 1 by breaking it. They're using kitty form into CC to do stop the aura of dread from spawning under the boss. (A maximum 8% HP reduction that stacks every 3 seconds for like a 12 second duration.) I've met one brew on his best attempt he got to 45% on the first phase. I have not managed to get past 60% I just go down due to Adds and damage I cannot heal through. This is a rant but also a suggestion page for brewmasters on how to complete this hornets nest. I'm sure there will be hotfixes coming soon to address some of the issues. Overall this seems nearly impossible for brewmaster (That's being optimistic.) Keep in mind at the time I'm writing this post the tower has only been available for 4 hours. I'm sure there is something were all doing wrong. -Prot pally and DK bosses have 89 Million HP. Druids, warriors, and Monks have 45 Million HP (Inquisitor) -Invis potting and paralysis' the inquisitor doesn't work to stop the aura from spawning. -If facing away from adds you are knocked away after there cast is completed. -As a tip use paralysis to stop his life drain cast. It's safer then stepping onto the aura to interupt him. -The small adds debuff is a short duration. You can kite them out with chi torpedo/roll/leg sweep. -Infernals damage themselves down to 15% HP. Not sure if you can kite them to the point where there AoE pulse doesn't damage you. -Use orbs to give you a breathier to drop add stacks/stop infernal damage. -Place transendance near the inquisitor. Incase you fail the infernal knock off mechanic you can hit transendance transfer quickly to avoid getting knocked off the platform. I'll update this with suggestions and confirmations as people comment with methods/potential strats. I'd also like to point out that I'm typically not the player to complain about hard content but to be honest this seems rather over tuned/more difficult for certain tank roles. Without much self healing options it makes me wonder if they designed this for brewmaster to do with having next teir's 2 set.Crayolas19 Apr 5
Apr 5 Artifact Path What path are you going going to go? I am up in the air for 41+. Any insight would be much appreciated.Huyou3 Apr 5
Apr 5 The New Artifact Appearance http://i.imgur.com/vuLbxnX.png Well, just like every other artifact appearance for WW, it looks terrible when you unsheathe itHitt8 Apr 5
Apr 5 The Mage Tower and You Greetings fellow Wind Walkers I wanted to take sometime today to share with you my experience and personal thoughts on the Mage Tower trial. I went into this with no prior information or know how, everything was trial by fire and A LOT of fire . . to the face. After taking everything as a learning experience this was the best method that got me through the encounter. So let’s begin. . . I’ll let my armory speak for talent choices, but I will point out later two key abilities that makes everything go as smooth as possible. Before the pull, I placed Transcendence just to the left of the cauldron that’s sort of in the center of the room, reason being is that I use it on the 1st set of spikes that shoot out of the ground as that’s just a bit after the worm cast it’s AOE screech that hits like a truck! The heal from using Transcendence can also help with the DOT that gets placed on you so use it often. Fighting the caster and slow burning him down is really key here, don’t let yourself get “tunnel vision” trying to DPS him down, take your time and flow with the fight. The big thing you’re looking out for here is the “Fel Blast” that he is casting, you MUST interrupt that all day as it will kill you. I found that making a target macro with Spear Hand Strike works beautifully as you are then free to focus on the other mobs that need to be killed. During earthquake stay away from the center near the cauldron as that seems to be the general location the Stalagmites drop and they hurt soo very wrong. And bad. There should be a new, stronger word like badwrong, or badong. Yes, taking that damage is badong, and YOU have to stand for the opposite: Gnodab. What worked for me was moving to an already dropped Stalagmite and just standing there, I never had one fall on the same spot so use this to your advantage. After the earthquake three eggs will spawn and the giant worm will begin to borrow towards the area that you’re standing on. This is where I use Storm, Earth and Fire to DPS down the eggs as fast as possible because if they hatch you’ll have to deal with these bile spewing creatures that are really an annoyance. If they do hatch, try to hit them with Leg Sweep as it does hit everyone including the caster boss buying you a bit more time to finish them off. Next you have to be aware of the Big Worm that’s trying to hit you, he starts at the “outer” area of the platform and moves in closer to the cauldron. You should use this time to “guide” him into the fallen Stalagmites, you do this because the worm has a stacked to nine buff that decreases the damage it takes by 90%, each time he runs into one, a stack is removed. You should also do your best to avoid getting hit by him because it will stun you for ~1.5 secs and it tends to hit you at a really bad times, so do your best to avoid it while guiding it near fallen rocks. Small tip here is if you’re low on HP use the cast time of Earthquake to top yourself off with Energizing Elixir and Effuse. The next thing you have to pay attention to is the Fel Totem that the boss drops. I cannot stress this enough, you MUST destroy it quickly because if left alone to cast it will stun you for three seconds, just enough for you to probably die. There will be a green animation on the ground that shows where the totem will be placed, give it a sec to spawn, make sure you keep an eye on the boss because 99% of the time a Fel Blast is coming after he drops it. For me Flying Serpent Kick came into play here, it does the damage you need to destroy the Fel Totem even when placed far from you. Should you find yourself too far away to interrupt the boss due to going for the totem, Paralysis can be a life saver. Once you’ve killed the caster boss all that’s left is to take the big worm down, clean up any adds left and recast Transcendence so it’s closer to where you’ll be tanking him. At this point try your best to burn the boss down BUT make sure you have Paralysis on the ready to interrupt the “Sonic Screech” cast. I want to say that using Paralysis worked about 85% of the time, I had a few times that I tried and it did not work at all. I don’t know if diminishing returns kicked in or if it’s just flat our buggy, but if Paralysis does not work, use your Healing elixirs, Transcendence, Chi Wave and Effuse to get yourself back up. Also note, save Touch of Karma for those moments as it will almost top you off and help keep you in the fight. From there just take your time and the boss should fall to your fists. Lastly I just want to finish by saying that I really did enjoy going into this blind, and learning from each and every death. I never once sat there thinking this is impossible, it was all on me and learning what needed to be done to push the fight further. I did this live on stream and it was great having people come in and offer endless ideas as we were all learning on the go. If you have any questions I’ll be happy to answer them as best as I can. Good Luck to you All.Actraiser7 Apr 5
Apr 5 Debating a Race Change So I've been playing Tauren, obviously, but now Im debating a race change. Reasons include my hands almost touching the ground and causing all pointy fist weapons to clip well into the ground. Various helm clipping and ugliness. I feel kind of slow with such a large char visually. I know BE is objectively the best race for monks offensively right now but I already have a DH and I don't particularly like BE isle poses anyways. Also do their fist weapons still clip legs like crazy? I like pandas but monk pandas just scream cliché. I'm leaning towards orc but I wouldn't mind hearing some opinions.Taumro10 Apr 5
Apr 4 An Oddity in the Class Hall Perhaps I'm just not as keen as I believed I was, but I noticed a few days ago that every named NPC and Guard on the Wandering Isle has a debuff called Fel Haze - Poisoned by Fel-infused Brew. I am unsure why, when or how this happened. Did it have something to do with completing the Class Hall campaign? I did that months ago, but only started noticing the debuff now. Is it related to 7.2? Has anyone else come across this? So far my research into the debuff has come up empty handed. Not a major concern obviously, but I am curious nonetheless. Cheers!Mahjøng5 Apr 4
Apr 4 WW hidden skin over tuned Yes i know its possible, as people have done it but seriously. that much hp, that many mob spawns, and u cannot miss a single interrupt there is no room for error in what looks to be well over 10 minute fight considering dps is !@#$ trying to handle these mechanics. I understand these are to test skill, but good luck to literally 98% of the WW untill atleast il 920 and full artifact. i dont mind a fight were you have to micro manage things, but a fight thats 10-15 mins long is mentally exhausting. u miss a SINGLE interupt in there and its all gone for nothing and u start again im literally fatigued from doing this for an hour now straight. %^-*ing stupid.Androgyny24 Apr 4
Apr 4 Xuen's Enforcer animation ideia So, i know they probaly wont make this BUT Everyone is complaining about the clipping on the new artifact appearance, i personally loved the new fists from xuen but i think the fists itself looks great even without the storm blades, so here's my ideia: Make an animation that goes from nothing (no storm, only fists, fixing the clipping on legs problem and still looking awesome) to a full storm (like its live) It not only fix the clipping problem but also it fits lorewise (as we are charging the storm fists) TL;DR: Make animation from nothing to storm on new fists appearance Sorry for any english mistakes. Thanks for reading.Dibz1 Apr 4
Apr 4 Bubbling Keg Bugged? So I haven't looted it in a couple days, and I tried yesterday & today, the loot windows opens/closes right away, the barrel disappears (and reappears a few seconds later) but I don't get any brews. Also nothing in my Mailbox. Seems to happen every once in a while, not sure why... Anyone else?Frostchi8 Apr 4
Apr 4 only 3 or 4 good traits *FoF Damage *RSK Damage *SCK Damage (only good on super pad fights) * 10 more energy (smooths out rotation a bit) All of the other ones garbage. The remaining 5 traits will probably add up to maybe 2k dps if were lucky :(. So probably a month of grinding ap for almost no benefit just to get some more endless grinding. 10% Tiger Palm Damage, 2% Free BoK chance, 3.33% Dodge, 10% off ToD CD if target dies from it or if it doesn't go pop, 5% heal on transcendence. All garbage.Stòöõôõöórm0 Apr 4
Apr 4 MT WindWalker Challenge Mini Guide Patience is a virtue. That said just take it easy and be calm, you will need to heal yourself alot. Most inportant Talents for me: Chi Wave-Leg Sweep-Healing elixir-SEF. The most important thing in the fight is the interrupt and after a few tries you will see that everything is timed, the Fel burst is a little bit random but try to have leg sweep-paralize-interrupt in that case, Have the main boss always focused for interrupt,stun or paralize it and dont get distracted by the adds your SEF will take care of them for you(save SEF for the Eggs if you can its really usefull), and the fel totem dies with a single hit of any spell save chi wave is you have enough self healing or just Fying serpent kick near the totem and the AOE will kill it, be careful with the stalactites and kill eggs with SEF. That will do for the Main boss. For the giant Worm. He goes around the instance inside the ground making you move around, if you dont you will get stunned for 1.5sec also he does a 2 crossed lane of green color that you need to avoid. His only dangerous Ability is his Screeching wich you can Paralize it you cannot stun it, when you do that take the time to heal yourself and use Transcendence to have enough heal for his other ability wich is a ranged attack it wont kill you but it will take you some HP%.Fuhji0 Apr 4
Apr 4 Challenge Skin Clipping I just got the new skin for the mage tower challenge scenario and I noticed that the clipping was absolutely horrendous.... Both blades are literally slicing through my calves on my male human. I used some transformation toys and noticed that the clipping was equally bad as other races such as gnome and blood elf had the same issue. Blizzard please for the love of god fix this, because this is a quality weapon skin RUINED by bad clipping. Idk, maybe it's just me but I doubt it.Aiderfists6 Apr 4
Apr 4 WW MONK 4 PIECE NOT WORKING the buff is here but, it does not give you any mastery, test by yourselfRadishwind7 Apr 4
Apr 3 New WW scenerio skin. just got it on about my 12th go. was a great scenerio. best of luck all on getting it! ( hot tip, heal back up during his earthquake casts, and paralysis only works for like 4 seconds on the boss or the worm )Vi7 Apr 3
Apr 3 [FIXED][BUG] Proc'd Stats Do Not Work Stats from any proc'd source, (tier sets, trinkets, etc) currently do not apply to your character. This is likely caused by blizzard when they nerfed the mage tower proc of AP.Shakugan2 Apr 3
Apr 3 Brewm 7.2.5 concerns Source I got my info from: the blue posts here https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/29848-blue-posts-round-up-apr-3/ Disclaimer: my highest level of play as a brewm so far is lower level mythics. No raiding in earnest. My takeaway is that they're doubling down on Elusive stacks, the benefit of which I've always taken with a bit of faith (I assume they help, if we suddenly turned that functionality of Mastery I'd be dying a lot faster) I've played a brewmaster on and off since MoP, never raided with one though. I do miss Guard (edit: and shuffle, never forget), and missed it quite a lot at the turn of Legion. Getting familiarized with ISB went a long way to reconnect with the spec's core element - managing damage in a 'redirect' kind of way as opposed to stop or heal through it. Boosting our armor and nerfing/reducing stagger from ISB, IMO, takes us further away from that - at least, depending on what the reduction of stagger from ISB lands at. I'm not freaking out yet (we actually don't have any details regarding what type of reduction it will be, and PTR stuff can be changed later anyway) but that was my major takeaway. EDIT: Upon closer reflection - as changes go, this is much less dramatic than the previous two redesigns the spec has gotten, so....can't complain? Other concerns: -Blackout Combo functionality kinda hampered if they increase the blackout strike cd. Did I read that right? -BoF granting elusive stacks: So, on dungeon groups etc this could mean, at the recommended 25% mastery- going well over 100% dodge. What happens at that point? It's been a while since I've read theorycraft on stuff like this, but - doesn't this devalue mastery somewhat as a result? Moar crit/vers? - "There is also an artifact trait that increases the Stagger gain of Fortifying Brew that has been mostly-useless since 7.1.5, which we're going to redesign." - instead of redesigning the trait, couldn't they redesign FB? Namely the gargantuan cd. I timed it once, with the brew reduction thrown in the mix , I think I brought it down to 3.5 minutes? Closer to 4? Considering I don't raid in earnest, I don't want to touch on stagger capping except for the bit that - we're already the least played tank. The fact that we can do INSANE things with damage *when played correctly* is a delightful little secret and it honestly feels like the reward for putting in the work on a class that isn't very flashy and so far has started every expansion as a lame horse because of how it feels at lower levels of gear (or rather - has started every expansion being REGARDED by the community as a lame horse, an image hard to shake until way later. Happened in WoD, seems to be happening now)Baosei1 Apr 3
Apr 3 Ironskin brew stack? Hi, i'm recently transitioning from MW to Brewmaster and I've seen a lot of videos where people have ironskin up for 30 seconds. How do you stack ironskin to get it to higher durations? Is there a certain talent I have to take, or am I just stupid? Right now when i try and stack it, it just refreshes it to 7 or 8 seconds or whatever it is and wastes a charge. Thanks!Estee3 Apr 3
Apr 3 Death Art Fixed Just logged on to do some WQs. It seems like Death Art is actually functional now and will reduce cooldowns if Touch of Death kills the target!Fiddlybitz1 Apr 3
Apr 3 Choker of Barbed Reins stealth nerf? It's not been proccing nearly as much for me in this weekend's raids. Did they stealth nerf this? I didn't see anything at all in the patch notes :(Xiaodan3 Apr 3
Apr 3 Fel Totems Fall Guide (For Mage Tower) Hey all! Decided to make this in hopes that some of you geared WW's and other classes who have access to this trial can give this a whirl! Unlike others, this one is actually possible, and despite everything, this isn't a troll or 'git gud' thread. However, I am still failing this, and I have an item level of 899 equipped, almost 900. No 4 piece set bonus, but do have Cinidari. Throughout the fight these are the simple things you need to know in order to potentially beat it: Interrupt Turrog Feltotems Fel-Blast! This is very important, let this go off once, you're dead. You can kick it, if you need time on your Spear Hand Strike/kick in general, you can CC Turrog to ensure that you don't have to take it before your kick comes off. Monks, for us this is Paralysis and Legsweep. Fel-Surge Totems: These have 2 health and act as a delayed, harmful Capacitor/Lightning Surge totems for us PvPers out there. For those that don't, it's a giant stun, and does deal considerable amounts of damage. Bile Worms: I've found it's better to not kill them in an egg state, as you don't get much out of it, however I'd definitely kill them when they're in their worm state, as then they drop healing orbs and allow you to continue the fight on! (This is as far as I've gotten and will update further when I get further) Now, as the fight goes on Turrog will continue using his Fel-Surge Totems, and Fel-Blasts to try and nuke you down, while the worm behind you is using small little blasts that can barely hurt. Your main focus for this phase is Turrog and I'm unsure if you're supposed to kill or kite him- I've been trying to kill. The best ability you have to survive is to disengage when you need with a double tap Disable to root him, an incap, and a legsweep if you can afford it so you can get effuses off timely, as well as using your Transcendence and Transcendence: Transfer in order to get the most out of your Healing Winds trait, giving you a sizable heal. I do admit, I have a slight advantage with the worms, as I've Cinidaria, and the fact that I can 1 shot 1 mil health with a RSK and heal for 30% of that is relatively nice. You primarily need to either work on killing Turrog Asap, or surviving him until the worm loses its carapace, then killing Turrog and then the worm. The talents I use are the basic WW ones, but with a small twist: Eye of the Tiger Tiger's Lust Energizing Elixir Leg Sweep Healing Elixir Hit Combo Whirling Dragon Punch. I have not tested Serenity or Chi Orbit and would actually like to, but this has been what's worked best for me. For those who have gone farther, comment below on what you experienced during the fight! Please, have fun and don't stress yourself over this challenge to much! It is -really- overtuned in its current state right now. Thanks, this is your friendly neighborhood Monk, and I'll update this more! -SilSilärion6 Apr 3
Apr 3 Tanking Skittish Hey all, First time tanking Skittish as a Brewmaster. I've heard we're pretty solid on this affix, but had a few specific questions. 1.) Does the Black Ox Statue help with Skittish? I usually go with Leg Sweep, but it seems like this talent was basically made for Skittish. 2.) Any other talents or techniques you like to use to help deal with Teaming/Skittish/Fortified? Thanks all.Kâin15 Apr 3