Pet Battles

Apr 29 Pet Battles: FAQs, Links, Macros, & Addons Index: FAQs: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423#2 Basic information on the Pet Battle system -Basic Questions and Getting Started http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#2 -Maintaining Your Collection http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#3 -Pet Rarity and Family http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#4 -Pet Battles http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#5 -Wild Pets http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#7 -Quests, Pet Leveling, and Pet XP http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#9 -Theorycrafting http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#10 -Multiple WoW Accounts http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#11 -Pet Battle Stones http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#12 Links: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#14 Places around the web that are full of helpful information Macros: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#16 Key-bind your way to pet battle awesomeness! Addons: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#18 Because sometimes the Blizzard UI just isn't enough ******************************************************************* Thanks to: Blizzard for adding Pet Battles Lithuen (Kilrogg), Nullberri (Lightbringer), Simca (Malfurion), Shalura (Anvilmar), Aieny (Medivh), Lilfrier (Mannoroth), Rescind (Lightning's Blade), Stryph (Anvilmar), Wrelch (Wyrmrest Accord), Twixi (Garrosh), Elderbrand (Anvilmar), Layton (Wyrmrest Accord), Tgwaste (Korialstrasz), Vasala (Baelgun), Warla (Dragonmaw), Chainheal (Kael'thas), Falinari (Medivh), Tlym (Netherstorm), Jaede (Dalaran) for contributing directly or posting some great information that I've compiled here. **************************************************************** Change log: 26Sep2012 – first version (and various edits through-out the day) 28Sep2012 – added some additional information/editing, changed title from Index of Available Pet Battle Information to Pet Battles: FAQs, Links, Macros, & Addons 29Sep2012 – Re-organized to allow space for more FAQs; re-organized FAQs; added general topics to FAQs 16Oct2012 – Added an upcoming Patch Notes section (going to see how this works out) 01Dec2012 – Updated to reflect 5.1 changes; added Bug section to upcoming Patch Notes Section 19Dec2012 – Updated to correct typos and 5.1 hotfixes (RIP alt-f4'ing) 22Dec2012 – Updated with 5.2 PTR notes 16Jan2014 -- Using some of my free game time Blizzard sent me to clean up some outdated sections 17Mar2016 -- Updated to reflect WoD changes 03Aug2016 -- Updated to reflect 7.0 changes and upcoming Legion changesPhaedra188 Apr 29
Sep 24 BFA: Unlocking Vendors/Pets Many BFA vendor pets have prerequisites before they show up on the listed vendor. Some vendors also require extra steps to have them appear. Here's a consolidated list of those vendors and vendor pets. Wowhead links for quests can be found on the same guide on my blog: https://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/2018/08/battle-for-azeroth-unlocking-vendors.html VENDORS Nigel Rifthold (A) Note: You do not have to do the quest chain to "save" Nigel before completing the process below. Head to Anyport (western coast of Drustvar) Buy 10 Tirasreli Gourmet Chocolate from Xun Xun Sweetflower Travel to 52,31 in Drustvar (west of Fallhaven, just above the "F" in the name) Climb up a hill and enter a tree house Loot the chest that's inside if you haven't already Click on the chest a second time (consumes the chocolates), Nigel will appear and be a vendor. Shoak (H & A) Horde - Complete quests: "Killing Cannibals", "Just Say No to Cannibalism" and "Shoak's on the Menu" to get this NPC to appear in Gloom Hollow, Nazmir. Alliance - Head to 55,36 and find Kajosh. Complete the quest chain. Shoak will appear in the Horde camp, Gloom Hallow (Alliance can interact with him, but you'll agro the camp). Alternatively, Alliance can purchase the same pets (once unlocked) from Blind Wunja. Jenoh (H) Complete the quest chain that starts with "A Lost Flute" -------------------------------------------- VENDOR PETS Ranishu Runt - sold by Jenoh (H) Complete Jenoh's quest chain, "Charging the Batteries", and "Ranishu Are Resources" Accursed Hexxer - sold by Shoak (H) OR Blind Wunja (A & H) Complete the quest "An Ancient Curse" Swamp Toad - sold by Shoak (H) Complete the "Torga's Eternal Return" storyline, which then opens the quest chain that begins with "To Gloom Hollow" Lil' Tika - sold by Happy Holaua (H) Complete the quest "Lil' Tika" Lil' Ben'fon - sold by Happy Holaua (H) Complete Cala Cruzpot's quest chain Child of Jani - sold by Happy Holaua (H & A) Earn the "Get Hek'd" achievement Mechanical Prairie Dog - sold by Dana Pull (A) Complete the quest chain that starts with "An Explosive Opportunity" Greatwing Macaw - sold by Dana Pull (A) Complete the quest "Rodrigo's Revenge" Smoochums - sold by Nigel Rifthold (A & H) Complete Abby Lewis' quest chain Frenzied Cottontail - sold by Nigel Rifthold (A) Kill the Cottontail Matron rare elite Drustvar Piglet - sold by Nigel Rifthold (A) Complete the quests at Carver's Harbor, Drustvar, ending with "Cured Ham"Quintessence14 Sep 24
Sep 21 Updated - Pets to Complete Achievements Several years ago I wrote a guide outlining the “minimum” pets needed to get all the achievements. Since then, a lot of achievements have been added, and some pets have changed. You can see the original guide here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/18300093791 First, a few helpful tips: Always do the special pet PVP weekly quest when it is up. This can be done on multiple toons, and provides an instant-level-25 token. You can do [Family Brawler] along the way! Always do the current dailies/WQs. In legion, these WQ were limited in number, but provided massive XP (when leveling pets) and a chance for good rewards. Note: All of the pet trainers in Pandaria can be defeated with only an Emerald Proto-Whelp and Anubisath Idol, which makes the route perfect for leveling pets. There are faster ways to level, but this option has the lowest barrier to entry for new players that I have seen. Always complete your garrison menagerie dailies. These will provide you with a constant stream of tokens to increase the quality/levels on pets you need. Start running old raids to get "raiding with leashes" achievements asap - some notable pets include: corefire and fiendish imps, anubisath idol, chrominius, and boneshard. Some of these can be purchased on the AH for pretty cheap too. In Legion, we had “Boon of the Zookeeper” which is an enchant that would make mobs randomly drop useful items such as pet charms, XP boosts, etc. I am writing this before BFA, but always keep your eye out for stuff like this in every xpac. Make sure you have a Terrible Turnip! He has “Weakening Blow” which cannot kill, so it is great for collecting pets you need in low level zones. No other pet has an ability like this.The List Unlike my previous guide, I will only list what I consider to be essential pets. There are now way too many important pets to list in one place, but the ones below you will 100% need many times in your pet battling life. Pets marked with ** have been nerfed in BFA prepatch. They are ranked based on their pre-nerf value - time will tell if these get knocked down a notch. I included my own opinion on whether the nerf appears hard or soft. A++ Pets: Terrible Turnip (weakening blow cannot kill, so it's perfect for collecting low-level pets) Ikky Unborn Val’kyr** (soft nerf PVE, hard nerf PVP) Iron Starlette Nexus Whelpling Zandalari Anklerender and Kneebiter Anubisath Idol Teroclaw Hatchling** (situational nerf, worst case this guy is an A+ pet still) Emerald Proto-Whelp Mechanical Pandaren DragonlingA+ Pets Bone Serpent** (hard nerf, probably not viable anymore) Crow and/or Gilnean Raven** (hard nerf? I’m not sure) Darkmoon Zeppelin Clockwork Gnome P/P Emperor Crab Chrominius Darkmoon Tonk Nether Faerie Dragon Netherspace Abyssal and/or Minfernal Kun-lai Runt Any Moth Any Frog Eternal Strider Enchanted Broom Corefire Imp Infected Squirrel Gulp Froglet Lil’ Bling Rapana Whelk (or equivalent snail) Xu Fu Pandaren Water Spirit Three S/S BunniesJeack11 Sep 21
Sep 26, 2012 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Pet Battles forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss Pet Battles with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Nethaera0 Sep 26, 2012
21m Tracking Pet WQ for Charms. (Updated Daily) It seems like the daily Pet WQs are only offering something other than charms. I am going to track each day for about a few weeks so we can see how often we are actually getting quests for charms. Monday October 8, 2018 2:30 PM Pacific Quest name: Automated Chaos Rewards: 207 azerite Crystal Zone: Stormsong Valley Quest name: Strange Looking Dogs Rewards: 224 Azerite Crystal Zone: Tiragarde Sound Quest name: What do you mean, Mind Controlling Plants Rewards: 17 Pet Bandages Zone: Vol'Dun Quest name: Pack Leader Rewards: 16 Pet Bandages Zone: Nazmir October 8, 2018 8:00 PM Pacific Quest name: Captured Evil Rewards: Marked Flawless Battle-Stone Zone: Stormsong Valley Quest name: Snakes on a Terrace Rewards: 40 War Resources Zone: Vol'Dun ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tuesday October 9, 2018 8:00 AM Pacific Quest name: Crab People Rewards: 5-Flying Battle-Training Stone Zone: Drustvar Quest name: You've Nevre Seen Jammer Upset Rewards: 30 War Resources Zone: Zuldazar Tuesday October 9, 2018 8:00 PM Pacific Quest name: What's the Buzz Rewards: Marked Flawless Battle-Stone Zone: Drustvar Quest name: Small Beginings Rewards: 16 Polished Pet Charm Zone: Zuldazar ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Wednesday October 10, 2018 8:00 AM Pacific Quest name: Rogue Azerite Rewards: 18 Battle Pet Bandage Zone: Drustvar Quest name: What Do You Mean, Mind Controlling Plants? Rewards: 13 Polished Pet Charm Zone: Vol'Dun Wednesday October 10, 2018 8:00 PM Pacific Quest name: Captured Evil Rewards: 35 War Resources Zone: Stormsong Valley Quest name: Snakes on a Terrance Rewards: 214 Glowing Azerite Crystal Zone: Vol'Dun ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thursday October 11, 2018 8:00 AM Pacific Quest name: That's a Big Carcass Rewards: 17 Battle Pet Bandage Zone: Tiragarde Sound Quest name: Marshdwellers Rewards: 17 Polished Pet Charm Zone: Nazmir Thursday October 11, 2018 8:00 PM Pacific Quest name: What's The Buzz Rewards: 17 Polished Pet Charm Zone: Drustvar Quest name: Critters are Friends, Not Food Rewards: 20 War Resources Zone: Zuldazar ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Friday October 12, 2018 8:00 AM Pacific Quest name: Automated Chaos Rewards: 20 War Resources Zone: Stormsong Valley Quest name: Add More to the Collection Rewards: Marked Flawless Battle-Stone Zone: Zuldazar Friday October 12, 2018 8:00 PM Pacific Quest name: Night Horrors Rewards: Marked Flawless Battle-Stone Zone: Drustvar Quest name: What Do You Mean, Mind Controlling Plants? Rewards: Marked Flawless Battle-Stone Zone: Vol'Dun ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total Pet WQs: 22. WQs offering Polished Pet Charm: 4 = 18% Last Updated Oct 12, 2018 @ 8:50 PM Pacific.Fenril33 21m
42m Beating Baa'l without Uuna doesn't give pet. I just defeated Baa'l hardcore mode without Uunas help, but didn't receive the pet. Appearently you really do need Uuna to get the pet. My team to defeating Baa'l hard mode, Mini Mindslayerx2 and Transmutant, any team of all magical pets with life exchange should work. Magic pets can't take more than 35% health from a single attack, so I just rotated them through constantly using life exchange to get them back up to full health until Baa'l was around 700hp than finished him off with mana surge.Hodor11 42m
3h Oooh, This is the Big One! (staggering, clutching chest, Redd Foxx impression -- for those that don't know the reference, here: https://youtu.be/stdi-1tIUhM?t=6 ) Ooooh, this is it! This is the worst one I ever had! You hear that, 'Lizabeth? I'm coming to join you, honey! I finally got a pet from Island Expeditions. His name is Snort and he's a yak.Loncis4 3h
3h Silithid Hatchling Out of curiosity, have any of you seen one of these spawn lately? I've been through three sandstorm now without any spawning.Carnacki6 3h
7h What pets do i need to complete all BFA WQs? So blizzard decided that pet WQs are going to reward rep... And the super nice guy i am, because i never had any interest in pet battles... i gave probably over 100 pets to friends... which has left me with 0. I was wondering if anyone has calculated, or if there is a guide, to show like 10 pets or so that just allow you to beat any WQ?Ihasprocs4 7h
21h Draemus on Vacation? I recently returned to WoW and was looking to offload my Shi##y Pet Charms, but Draemus seems to no longer inhabit the Magical Menagerie. Was he relocated, bugged or patched out of existence?Sharrok5 21h
22h Still Have Your Last-Minute Stone Purchases? Towards the end of the previous expansion, knowing that a new currency was coming and the previous pet charms would be rendered all but obsolete, many of us took our stacks and stacks of pet charms (now shiny pet charms) and bought leveling stones, blue stones and whatever else we'd need in anticipation of the new pets to be released with the expansion. Though I'm buying up all the pets available to an Alliance toon as I can afford them, I'm actually using very few of those stones to level my pets. I have easily over 90% of them still. I guess because I never considered leveling to be such a chore. And since quests still award blue stones on occasion, I haven't used very many of the ones I purchased, either. While I have a ton of pets that still haven't been upgraded to rare quality, I'm being careful about which ones I upgrade. Some of the pets I've captured are just junk pets that I caught before I understood that pets come in different breeds, so I try to be careful about choosing the right pets to upgrade; I only want to be sure I use my stones on the best breeds of pet. So, I'm asking those who spent the old pet charms on stones, how are your supplies holding up?Loncis8 22h
23h New Pet Achievements coming in 8.1 Per the datamining - obligatory WoWhead link: https://www.wowhead.com/news=287643/patch-8-1-build-27985-achievements-and-class-updatesNeall15 23h
1d Meat to Pet Transmute stinks. I have three alchemist and for the third week in a row, i get a stupid common pet. 0-9 great RNG Blizzard. Don't want to get a ban so I won't say what I am thinking, but you can theorize what it might be.Fenril26 1d
1d Coldlight Surfrunner Has anyone seen this specific pet at all? Theory says it's connected to murloc rares but it can be traded and i have not seen a single one available anywhere.Zunde15 1d
2d [WTS] TGC Battle Pets Want to sell my rare TGC battle pets Nightsaber Cub Gaurdian Cub Landro Lichling Landro Lil XT Purple Puffer Gregarious Grell Will take gold on any realm Kintsugi#11914Kintsugii2 2d
2d Tokens from WQ's in BFA compared to Legion Why was it changed in BFA that token quests were made Battle.net quests? You can no longer do more than 1 per character. Pet Battles are already the least played aspect of the game, why make it even more of a snooze for people who enjoy it? If I want to do 13 pet battle world quests on 13 characters I should be able to. :(Spehgats6 2d
2d how do I update my [Shiny Pet Charm]? how do I update my [Shiny Pet Charm]? if you had made such a change known before hand then we as player could made adjustments for such. Yet you made changes without notice I mean let people who are playing the game know by making notice in the game not on web site that many not go to or if they do it is for other reasons. Do right go back and give players a chance to keep up with changes you make. While I understand that you make the right to make changes without notice. I think it would be it would be good customer relations to inform all customers of upcoming changes. And not hide changes on website that many do not read.Firehot38 2d
2d Pet Guild? I want to join a guild so I can buy some of the guild reward pets but I don't need a raiding or progression guild. Has anyone started one with pet collecting/battling as the main draw?Spicypickle3 2d
3d Shack Crab - Pet Battle Area Obstructed Here I thought blizz really outdid themselves and I would be able to enter a pet battle underwater.... nope. How did this make it into launch without being fixed? Is there a thread on this with a response from a blue that anyone knows about?Devsham8 3d
3d All vendor and quest(ish) pets I found a guide at http://www.bubblesofmischief.com/2018/04/26/battle-pets-in-battle-for-azeroth/. It seems to have all the pets from the vendors and achievements and quests. I bought all of them today and I was just wondering if anyone had another list/guide that I could double check against.Jaréth2 3d
3d What's the Buzz WQ area. The Pet battler for "What's the Buzz" either needs to be moved a bit more down the road or move that Waycrest Patrolling Guard on Horse back away....no other Pet Battler WQ I have seen so far with both sides has this issue but this one.....I tried twice on this toon to do this WQ and both times just as I go into take the Battle damn Guard comes riding by and I get tagged and Flagged even though I don't fight back and run off. Even if I get into the battle before the Guard comes just after coming out the battle I won't be in Prowl form and get tagged again if the Guard is near by as you can't see outside of battle zone.Redhoof10 3d
4d Since Squirt is today... I can't remember, on a non-PB bonus week, is it better to use the two foods? Or Does it end up not mattering, as long as you have Safari Hat on? iirc, During PB week, all you need is Safari Hat and you max in 2 fights. I think off-week, just Safari Hat, it takes 3 fights. But because of how the xp is spaced out, even with the food, it takes 3 fights. Just that with the food you WOULD have ended up at, like, lv27 but it caps at 25; without the food you "only" get to lv25... but it doesn't matter since you're capped anyway. I'm stuck at work and trying to maximize up-time since I have about 60 pets to level, BfA has given us soooo many!! I can't find the Squirt mega thread so thanks in advance for any help. If nothing else, consider this a PSA that today is Squirt Day!! :^)Brocknor4 4d
4d Pets and zones Is there a way to filter pets by zones/continents and see the pets on a map? I used to have an addon letting me do this but since BfA I can't. Any help?Guewergues2 4d
4d What's your most recent pet? Curiosity now. What's the most recent pet you've gotten? For me, it was Brutus due to 8.0 coming out, but this morning fortune shined on me and upon opening Bling6k, I received a KnockOff Blingtron. So what pets have you obtained recently?Maizou35 4d
4d The BFA Tamers... ...are freaking terrible! Someone needs to give them some tips You've got Kusa from [Desert Survivors], who uses Sandstorm -> Stampede and plays himself out of 3 turns, repeatedly. Jammer the direhorn, who times himself out of moves and just stands there while you solo him with a mechanical. Crawg in the Bog and the Chitara much the same. Some of the tamers defeat themselves- the Gnome with the mechanicals that blow up, and the bee guy. Just survive a few turns and its game. The only hard-ish one is [Captured Evil]'s Leana Darkwind, who I did have to set up some sort of team to beat. It feels like some of the battles are actually bugged, others have very poorly thought-out move combinations, and other still make unintelligent moves worthy of wild pets. That last one for example, I was fighting [Strange Looking Dogs] (The three undead wicker hounds) with a critter, the opponent had [Feed]- a beast move, and never used it. Did Blizz run out of development time and leave some of this unfinished? Everyone else finished the achievement? [Battle on Zandalar and Kul Tiras] How did you find it?Creeks29 4d
4d Make all Pet battle WQ's award a few charms There are folks who don't play anything except the pet battles. Heck, I leveled my DK to 110 in Legion using only pet battles and I never even got my artifact weapon. The Azerite and other rewards are nice, sure. But we've got a MASSIVE charm grind ahead of us and I think there has been one/two quests that actually awarded charms. Maybe reduce the amount of charms awarded when the quest reward is polished charms and add a couple to every battle on top of the Azerite/bandages/stone rewards. It's hard out here for a bugcatcher.Gahbij56 4d
4d Wild pets (collecting) What pets do you like to use when hunting pets out in the wild?Dallis11 4d
4d Night horrors i've been looking for this WQ for about 2 weeks and haven't seen it. It is located in drustvar right?Pm0 4d
5d Which WQs are Carry-Pet Friendly? To explain what I mean by this, it seems that some World Quest Pet Tamers/Battle Pets give good experience and are useful for leveling Carry Pets; others aren't really worth it to use to bring a Carry Pet. Yesterday, I went to Darkmoon Faire to fight the Feasels with a new Direhorn I just bought from that Vendor in the middle of Horde Territory on Zanadalar. Then I went to the Broken Shore to get more XP for the Carry Pet. Then I went to What's the Buzz? I just threw in a Nether Faerie Dragon into the line up, figuring it could survive the twelve rounds. I swapped in the Carry Pet and discovered a significant jump in levels, from 19 to 21 with my Safari Hat and no treats, which is about what I get when I do the Draenor circuit and Pandarian tamers. On the other hand, when using a strat with a Carry Pet in Captured Evil, there was very little experience rewarded. It wasn't worth it even to use the Carry Pet. So, which ones do we know that give good experience to level our carry pets, and which ones are meh? The only ones I know of, so far, which are Carry Pet friendly are What's the Buzz? and Desert Survivors. I also know that Captured Evil is meh.Loncis1 5d
5d How to handle Twilight Clutch-Sister? I'm trying to do the 10 win family achievement but everyone is running some degenerate Twilight Clutch-Sister composition. What should I look toward in countering them?Dfsdff2141546 5d
5d Pet Battle WQ are super easy. Is it just me or are the BFA pet battle WQ much easier than the Legion ones? I've been able to do them without much thought whereas I pretty frequently had to look up strats for the various Legion WQ fights.Pepitto3 5d
5d WQ level? I have two 120's that can do the world pet battles in legion and they show up for me on the map. Neither of those toons actually went through Legion. They were both power boosted. I stopped playing at level 90, so I have 12 characters at that level. This Belf Pally doesn't see the quests or get access to them. Does she have to be 120? Ironically she did go through part of Legion.Spicypickle6 5d
5d As a Pet Fan BFA Is no fun So I pretty much only bother with pet collecting and just faffing about in WoW for a while now since they introduced Pet Battles in MoP. I don't raid and I have done like 3 dungeons... I hope to try the mythic one for the Pet Mummy though at some point... probably when it's trivial lol For me BFA has made me not even want to try, the pets all locked behind tamers for coins from dailys that hardly reward any of the currency, taking ages with one character... I don't want to level alts to gain currency, it was bad enough having to level alts for Class Pets in legion... This actually feels worse. Island Expedition Pets... Why, so many pets locked behind these also and clearly more to come, running Island over and over is worse than farming a Rare mob for a drop.. at least on World rares you didn't need a group (mostly) and at least knew where the drop was. In Turn, worst expansion to be into Pet collecting, for me personally. I got Hearthy now I just stopped. Oh and the Tamers, holy crap lets just run random groups with 0 effort and beat basically all of them :( Hopefully Something like Pandaria Legendaries come in the future. Can't believe we didn't even get a dungeon at release either, kinda dissapointing.Vibah3 5d
6d Pet locked I saw a thread about this in 2012 and here it is 6 yrs later and nothing seems to have changed so I wanted to put my 2 cents in. there are over 1000 pets now and for the account to not be allowed to have 2 or even 3 lineups is just dumb. Do I not pay full account price for the 2nd account? yes I do, so why am I limited on 1. I think a good solution is only lock the 3 pets that the 2nd account has in their 3man team. Why shouldn't I be allowed to play with 3 of the 1000 pets while the other player (my daughter) play with the 3 she wants to use for her battles? If there are things about us playing each other that can be prevented but what's the difference in that and me playing against my wife (who has a separate account). I don't think it's right to have some features locked or removed just because you have 2 accounts linked on the same battlenet. Is there any thoughts or plans on this issue?Quarantined3 6d
6d Any rare spawn pets in BFA Are there any rare spawn battle pets in BFA? I had a great time finding and capturing the unborn Valkyr and was wondering if there were more rare spawns.Ladygrim3 6d
6d Baa'l 7th Pebble So far I've tried using Swim Speed Potion, Darkwater Potion, Laying on Hands, Divine Shield, and Darkwater Skate. I can never reach the damn thing before the Fatigue does me in. Having spent three days on the Uuno quest and this one, I really don't want to simply give up, but if anyone who has gotten through this can even give some advice, I'd appreciate it. Seriously. And no, I do not have an Underlight Angler, Sea Turtle, or the recipe for Feast of the Fishes.Xulla7 6d
6d Azeriti and Drop of Azerite. Has anyone obtained these pets, and if so are they worth getting?Ferronyte3 6d
6d WoW Devs: Pet Bandages Question I've looked around and I've seen some suggestions on this issue, and some of them are good. Some not so much, but it's the way of things in all things. Many of us do a lot of pet battling while we're either leveling pets or trying to capture new ones. For myself, I usually only capture rare ones. Makes it a little more difficult and interesting, rather then just grabbing any old pet I may not already have in my stable. I also tend to go through some bandages while I'm doing it. Depending on the situation. I would like to see either tailors being able to create pet bandages, or pet battle masters providing a few each time you beat them on a daily. At least from Legion on down, all pre-BfA. If tailors are creating them, perhaps they could be battle.net account bound or auctionable. If auctionable, people who don't have a tailor would be able to buy what they need. Either should give us plenty of bandages to do the pet battling we want and love. If something like this is already in the works, great and thanks! If not, please consider it, or perhaps another workable solution. Not being able to buy pet bandages at my garrison with the pet charms anymore is a bit of a pain. Granted, I know you can get some in Pandaria from those pet masters, but having to go back to Pandaria just for bandages, or keep a toon stationed there, again a pain. Thanks for reading, and hopefully considering. Have a great day!Pixillian16 6d
6d Pet Battle WQ not showing on map Anyone else having this issue? I'm having to zoom in on the Flight Master's map to see some Pet Battle WQs (most of which usually reward charms). They don't show up when I hit M. I am not using a WQ mod so maybe that's the issue or maybe it's another mod blocking it... But just wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue and what the fix is for it.Jermaine5 6d
Oct 9 How do shield abilities work? I was in a pvp match, first round was a falcosaur vs magical crawdad. Seemed like a pretty easy win, but he was running shell shield. According to the tooltip "Reduces up to 74 damage from each attack against you. " OK Falcosaur Swarm! Does 185 damage baseline, divided into 3 attacks is 62 damage per attack. So it gets blocked, However this is a flying ability vs an aquatic pet, so the damage is actually 277 per round and 92 per attack. With the 100% dmg debuff thats 554 damage per round or 184 per attack. Yet in both cases they get blocked. So if im hitting for 184, instead of the ability doing 110 damage it does zero. Is this intended?Blyoom2 Oct 9
Oct 9 Poro - props to Blizzard While this isn't about pet battling per se, I just had to mention the sad reality of the real, critically endangered, little Poro (New Zealand Kakapo, and largest flightless parrot): https://www.doc.govt.nz/kakapo-recovery https://www.wired.com/2014/03/creature-feature-10-fun-facts-kakapo/ I'm amazed, and thrilled, to see Blizzard include a pet such as this - a rare beauty from my country. They even got the call right. Sadly, there are only 148 alive today, as the link explains. I'll have my little guy out, proudly.Karnean1 Oct 9
Oct 9 Crysa pet battle I do the Crysa pet battle each day on one toon for the chance of the buzzard pet and normally I can expect to see one drop about every 3-4 weeks. Been playing it since just before BfA release, which is about 7 weeks, and haven't had a pet drop in that time. Has anyone else had any luck recently? People will probably say, its just luck yadaya, but the drop rates have been fairly consisten since the pet was introduced and this does seem a very long time. I just wondered if they had changed the drop rate.Reull12 Oct 9
Oct 9 A few pet battle questions I'm a returning player and have a few pet battle questions. 1. Is there an add-on that makes it easier to find green or blues? Right now I'm using Pet Journal for more details. 2. I have several pets that are gray and the only option I have for those pets is "hide." Why is that? What happened to these pets that I can no longer use them for battle? 3. If I have 3 of one type, and they're all poor or common, should I just release them to allow me the opportunity to find a green or blue? 4. I understand the "trick" of swapping all 3 pets during each battle so they all get XP. Any other things I should be doing as I'm leveling up? Thank you!Krelltherion14 Oct 9
Oct 8 Azeroth Battle Pet Free Trade When I first heard that this was introduced, I thought SWEET and went out to capture exotic rare (Blue) pets. I was hoping that once I tamed the rare ones I found in the open world I could some how purchase I cage for gold, and then trade it to friends or out right sell them on the AH. Sadly this wasn't true... For me it was not only about the hunt to find the really rare (Xpet) but dreams of a lucrative market was also part of the thrill to hunt down these rare open world pets I loved. I am not sure where blizzard stands with this but to even have a sort of Open world trade on battle pets would not only make it that much more exciting I think it would add that layer of lucrative trade I once thought would be something of a thrill to find that one little furry to my collection. of course I am not asking for any type of blizzard store pets. ONLY open world pets to be somehow tradeable. let us pay in gold for Cages to safely store our furry friends and greet friends to the surprise of critters or the clink of the sound of gold in our pockets... Thank you!Gyhnio6 Oct 8
Oct 8 Simple question about Baa'l Can Alliance players unlock it?Xulla4 Oct 8
Oct 8 2k Pet Journal Cap In Patch 8.1 8.1 PTR - new item that increases the cap of total battle pets in your journal: Interdimensional Pet Portal. Costs 1k Polished Pet Charms. Unknown if there are any prerequisites before you can purchase it (such as already having the 1.5k increase). Thoughts on if there should be any requirements for the 2k increase? I think it makes sense if the 2k requires already having learned the 1.5k. It also means people that purchased the 1.5k in BFA won't feel like they've wasted charms. It will definitely make some upset that they'll need to save up even MORE charms to increase the size of their Pet Journal. Maybe awarding it for completing an achievement might be better? Of course, then we run into the same problem as Legion - once the expansion is over, the content becomes dated, and players entering into the new expansion that missed out have to either go back or skip it entirely.Quintessence57 Oct 8
Oct 8 Faction-exclusive pets trading Am starting up a trading post for sharing opposite-faction pets. If you're horde and want drustvar piglet, mechanical praire dog, greatwing macaw, seabreeze bumblebee, corlain falcon, 7th legion siege tower, I can assist. If you're alliance and want to get a ranishu runt, lil benfon, lil tika, swamp toad, tragg the curious, honorbound war machine - well I currently can do the first 3 only, but its only a matter of time for the rest. There's no loss to anyone, I make no gain in this, but you get access to a pet you'd otherwise have to buy off the auction house. I'm willing to accept any pet that you have to purchase using polished pet charms with a preference for any other pet that was listed above (but doesn't have to be those ones, can be any pet(s) that are sold for polished pet charms). The preference is just so I can keep this offer rolling. Anyone want to make use of my offer? Which pets would you like? Currently have traded away a ranishu runt for a seabreeze bumblebee (cost 250 polished charms each) & also have 144 polished charms in stock, with more charms coming in. Dakyras #1636 ...Dakyras33 Oct 8
Oct 8 Is there a way to turn off the damn crying? I have just started playing with the battle pets and so, of course as I learn I am losing a pet often. The crying when they die is driving me crazy. Is there a way to turn it off?Xanthorrea20 Oct 8
Oct 8 Best PvP Pets added with BfA? As the title says, what are some of the best pvp pets added with BfA? I still havent had the chance to really test them all yet but I cant imagine there are too many new ones to outclass the old classic T-1 pets.Hirumagold4 Oct 8
Oct 7 Diary Of A Grumbling Sac This is getting ridiculous, I've opened over 20 sac's and ALL of them have been vendor junk. I'm starting a diary to go with my spreadsheet because something is seriously wrong with the loot tables on this object. Diary: 9/30 - 1 snake, 1 moth 10/1 - 2 moth, 1 owl 10/3 - Undulating Blue Sac which yielded the pet "Bloodfeaster Larva" when clicked. (could something have happened to the loot tables during patch? I sure hope so!!!) 10/4 - 1 moth 10/5 - 1 Bloodfeaster Larva, 1 snake 10/6 - snake 10/8 - 2 Ancona chicken, 1 Dragonhawk, 1 moth, 1 Wind-up Frog (aka Gearspring Hopper) 10/10 - 1 Mana Wyrmling 10/11 - 1 Wind-up Frog 10/12 - 1 Mana Wyrmling, 1 dragonhawk 10/13 - 1 Obsidian Hatchling 10/15 - Mana Wyrmling, dragonhawk, moth, and nursery spider (one of each)Peapöd4 Oct 7