Pet Battles

Sep 26 Pet Battles: FAQs, Links, Macros, & Addons Index: FAQs: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423#2 Basic information on the Pet Battle system -Basic Questions and Getting Started http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#2 -Maintaining Your Collection http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#3 -Pet Rarity and Family http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#4 -Pet Battles http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#5 -Wild Pets http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#7 -Quests, Pet Leveling, and Pet XP http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#9 -Theorycrafting http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#10 -Multiple WoW Accounts http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#11 -Pet Battle Stones http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#12 Links: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#14 Places around the web that are full of helpful information Macros: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#16 Key-bind your way to pet battle awesomeness! Addons: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#18 Because sometimes the Blizzard UI just isn't enough ******************************************************************* Thanks to: Blizzard for adding Pet Battles Lithuen (Kilrogg), Nullberri (Lightbringer), Simca (Malfurion), Shalura (Anvilmar), Aieny (Medivh), Lilfrier (Mannoroth), Rescind (Lightning's Blade), Stryph (Anvilmar), Wrelch (Wyrmrest Accord), Twixi (Garrosh), Elderbrand (Anvilmar), Layton (Wyrmrest Accord), Tgwaste (Korialstrasz), Vasala (Baelgun), Warla (Dragonmaw), Chainheal (Kael'thas), Falinari (Medivh), Tlym (Netherstorm), Jaede (Dalaran) for contributing directly or posting some great information that I've compiled here. **************************************************************** Change log: 26Sep2012 – first version (and various edits through-out the day) 28Sep2012 – added some additional information/editing, changed title from Index of Available Pet Battle Information to Pet Battles: FAQs, Links, Macros, & Addons 29Sep2012 – Re-organized to allow space for more FAQs; re-organized FAQs; added general topics to FAQs 16Oct2012 – Added an upcoming Patch Notes section (going to see how this works out) 01Dec2012 – Updated to reflect 5.1 changes; added Bug section to upcoming Patch Notes Section 19Dec2012 – Updated to correct typos and 5.1 hotfixes (RIP alt-f4'ing) 22Dec2012 – Updated with 5.2 PTR notes 16Jan2014 -- Using some of my free game time Blizzard sent me to clean up some outdated sections 17Mar2016 -- Updated to reflect WoD changes 03Aug2016 -- Updated to reflect 7.0 changes and upcoming Legion changesPhaedra187 Sep 26
Jan 20 Which Pets to Level to Complete Achievements EDIT: I have added a list of "very good pets I did not use" based on other posts. I also added some info on optimized breeds where applicable, but these optimized breeds are not required for someone just looking to finish off the achieves. This is a pet list for anyone looking to complete all of the pet battle achievements efficiently (i.e. do the bare minimum). There are a million ways to do this, but this was how I, after wasting time on many useless pets, did it. I hope it is helpful for all the beginners out there. No TCG or store pets are needed, and while some of these aren't easy to obtain (as some have commented), you will need to do an equal amount of work to get by without them IMO. With this list, it is possible to complete all of the major "PVE" pet battle achievements - there is no simple formula for PVP, but many of these pets are excellent in PVP as well. I will not go into detail on what each pet is used for, but if you follow many of the popular guides out there, you will find that most pets on those lists can be substituted for those on my list. First, a few helpful tips: All of the pet trainers in Pandaria can be defeated with only an Emeral Proto-Whelp and Anubisath Idol, making this route very efficient for leveling pets - even if you have minimal level 25's. Someone has posted the details for each fight to wowhead. Always complete your garrison menagerie dailies. These will provide you with a constant stream of tokens to increase the quality/levels on pets you need. Start running old raids to get "raiding with leashes" achievement asap - you will need Anubisath Idol and Chrominius for many reasons, and it may take several weeks to get the drops. Howl Bomb: It is a method of killing extremely high-hp single enemies. It can be implemented several ways (and most guides will help you with this), but the core pets are a Pandaren Water Spirit and Chrominius, supplemented by either the Darkmoon Zepplin (celestial tournament) or Unborn Val'kyr (outside tournament).The List: So here is the list, sorted by: 1) what I consider to be my go-to pets (used daily), 2) which ones I use regularly (~weekly) and 3) others I used infrequently or for gimmicky fights (e.g. to complete "An Awfully Big Adventure"). 1) Core Pets (9 total) Anubisath Idol Emerald Proto-Whelp Chrominius Pandaren Water Spirit Clockwork Gnome Darkmoon Zepplin Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling Any Snail (Rapana Whelk is best) Terrible Turnip (weakening blow cannot kill, so it's perfect for collecting low-level pets)2) Used Often (9 total) Any Moth w/ alpha strike, cocoon strike, and moth dust (P/P Yellow Moth is best) Eternal Strider (or equivalent, P/S breed best) Darkmoon Tonk Any Spider w/ strike, brittle webbing, and leech life Any Frog w/ water jet, cleansing rain, swarm of flies, and frog kiss (S/S Leopard Tree Frog or a P/P Yellow-Bellied Bullfrog are best) Nexus Whelpling Scourged Whelpling Stinker (used to heal in celestial tournament) Unborn Val'kyr3) Used Infrequently (17 total) Adder (this is a great first lvl25 - high speed + counters critters) Amethyst Shale Hatching Blighthawk Chi-chi Core Hound Pup Elekk Plushie Fel Flame Flayer Youngling Kun-Lai Runt Lofty Libram Mud Jumper/Swamp Croaker Nether Faerie Dragon Prairie Dog Sea Gull Spawn of Onyxia Sporeling Sprout Tiny Snowman A second Moth (I've even used 3) A second Frog (I've even used 3) A second Spider4) Other very strong pets (that I never needed): Gilnean Raven Crow Xu-Fu Iron Starlette Feline Familiar S/S Rabbit P/P Emporer Crab H/H Spirit Crab Teroclaw Hatchling Alpine Foxling Lil' Bling Ghostly Skull Ghastly Kid Zalandari Raptors Electrified RazortoothJeack25 Jan 20
Sep 26, 2012 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Pet Battles forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss Pet Battles with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Nethaera0 Sep 26, 2012
56m pvp pet battles are bull Why has every single battle I have done in the past week been a complete counter????? Every single time I queue up for a pet battle i get 3 enemy pets that all counter mine, if i dont swap my team i get the same player over and over again if i do i get yet another team that counters me...... is there really 0 players doing pvp pet battles to blizz has to make some bull!@#$ teams for me to fight?Lorund5 56m
3h Hidden Pet Tamer I just found a Pet Tamer Master in the Northern Barrens who is >NOT< marked on the Zone Map. She is Crysa and the Pet Quest is "Crysa's Flyers". She is at approximately 63.6 / 35.9 with three bird pets that hit like trucks! XD I'll bet a ton of Pet Battle Enthusiasts don't even know she's there. OoKalenar4 3h
4h New Tokens (Charms) in BfA So I just finished gathering 6k battle tokens over the past few weeks to get set for BfA, only to learn there's a new token system incoming. Oh well, at least I have plenty of instant 25 level, and rare upgrade tokens now. Edit: Charms, I forgot what they were actually called.Sengali9 4h
13h Best Pets for World Quests? So, one of my pre-BFA goals is to finally get my hands on some falcosaur mounts. Thing is, getting those requires pet battles. Like, a LOT of pet battles. Thing is, I'm kind of a newbie. I experimented with Pet Battles a bit in MoP, decided it wasn't really my scene, decided to pick it up again in Legion after learning it's kind of a requirement to get those falcosaur mounts, and eventually accrued a decent amount of upgrade stones and even a couple of max-level stones. There's just one hurdle I'm having trouble with. Pet Battle world quests. They're kinda hard. I imagine it's simply because I don't have the right pets for the job. Anyone have any recommendations for pets that are really at most Pet Battle WQ's? As well as, perhaps, some general tips for a newbie with dreams of riding a giant raptor chicken?Spritzie5 13h
14h The secrets of petbattles I would like to start a thread that collects non-obvious facts about pet battle mechanics. By this I mean skills that don't work like their tooltip describes them, interactions between different effects that may come as a surprise to a new player, things you feel everyone should know or just common mistakes made by players in petbattles. I want this list to be useful both for experienced players as well as for new players. If you find any mistakes on my list or have other contributions, please share them. 1. Damage over time effects: - When a tooltip says that a skill will apply a DoT to the target for x rounds, then said DoT will (usually) tick x+1 times. An exception to this rule are Spore Shrooms, which do not deal any initial damage and in fact only tick 3 times. - Haunt is a 4round DoT (i.e. it ticks 5 times). This is true even during a Cleansing Rain, though Cleansing Rain is supposed to reduce the duration by 1 round. - Leech Seed (a one-round dot) ticks twice and is also not affected by Cleansing Rain. The same holds for Immolation (9rounds /10ticks, even in Cleansing Rain). 2. Damage reductions: - If you use "Tough and Cuddly" after your opponent used Crouch, then Crouch will fade from your opponent. (I don't know if this works with other skills like Extra Plating) - Celestial Blessing and other 50% reductions will overwrite each other instead of stacking. - There is a boss pet in Argus that has Crouch. Because most buffs in pet battles stack additively this causes this pet to sometimes have 100% damage reduction (50% Bossbuff + 50% Crouch). - However Celestial Blessing and the aquatic racial stack multiplicatively, i.e an aquatic with celestial blessing up will only take 25% damage from DoTs. There is currently no aquatic pet with an ability like crouch. 3. Minefields - Minefields and Boobytrapped presents will overwrite each other. - A decoy will block the damage of the minefield if you switch your pets while the decoy is still active. 4. Haunt - Effects like DoTs or buffs and debuffs that are active on a pet with haunt on the round that the pet haunts will remain on the pet when it comes back to life. For example if you haunt will under the effect of weakness/jar of smelly liquid every tick of haunt will be reduced by 50%. Similarly every tick will do 100% extra damage if the haunter has the rightful inspiration buff from Murkalot (sigh ...). - Haunting into a dead pet will kill the haunter without giving him an undead round. So if e.g. two pets with haunt both use haunt in the same round, the pet that goes last will die. - Haunting into a pet that is already haunted will refresh the duration of the haunt-DoT. The damage of each tick is the same as the damage from the pet that haunted first. The pet that haunted last will not come back to life. - If you haunt while your undead-racial is active your haunt has a 0% hit chance. If you somehow increased your hitchance (e.g. Nimbus, Lucky dance, raindance) there is a chance that you will still apply the DoT of the haunt to the opponent. In this case your pet will remain active and not "disappear" as it usually does when haunting. (which makes sense, because the act of haunting kills your pet, but on your undead round you can't be killed). - There is a bug, where if you kill a haunted pet with an unfinished attack (e.g. second hit of a 3hit flurry), the haunter will not revive (thanks to CloseToZero for clarification) - If you're faster, haunt and your opponent uses Launch Rocket to hit the haunting pet, the game crashes 5. Lifexchange - Lifeexchange distributes the total health that the two active pets have evenly between them. That's the idea anyway. Life exchange is not a heal and therefore not affected by healing reductions. It is also not affected by damage reduction abilities (like crouch). - Lifeexchange does not overwrite the racial of magic pets or the buff that some elite pets have. If you apply LE to a magic pet, then your pet will still have half of whatever the total health of the active pets in the beginning was, but the other pet will not lose more than 35% of its max health (This is assuming your pet wasnt a magic pet itself that also happened to have much more health than your opponent). - Lifeexchange can bring pets back to life after they died. This happens for example if your opponent went first and used explode or haunt, and then you life exchange. In the case of haunt, you will still have the haunt-DoT on you. 6. Sticky grenade and explosive brew - These two effects deal damage that cannot be blocked or avoided once they are applied. You can however blind the caster and they will miss. - If you try to remove these effects with consume magic or similar skills, they will activate immediately. - For some reason these are counted as DoTs when it comes to the aquatic racial, i.e. they do 50% less damage to aquatics. However Cleansing Rain does not reduce the duration until they hit.Gemllum32 14h
17h Aquatic Gloamwing Strat This strategy is not my own. It is on Xu-Fu’s Pet Battle website. You will need Dancing Water Skimmers and or Spring Strider. Both easy to capture wild battle pets. They also must be B/B or H/B breeds. Under 300 for speed. They will cost you nothing except time to capture. Set your their abilities to Water Jet, Healing Wave and Soothe. Pass Soothe Swap to your unharmed strider Healing Wave Water Jet Soothe Pass – another strider is forced in Healing Wave Water Jet Soothe Pass – another strider is forced in Healing Wave Water Jet Soothe Pass – another strider is forced in Healing Wave Water Jet Soothe Pass – another strider is forced in Healing Wave Water Jet Soothe Pass – another strider is forced in Repeat until victory I achieved this win first time. Before this I messed around with the wrong Gulp Froglet. RNGezus was not on my side. So forget Gulp Froglets, Ghost Crabs and Ghost Sharks. Ohhh my! Original strategy found here. https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?Strategy=1562Yuanchan2 17h
19h Gloamwing with Aquatic team ...anyone done this yet? Seems impossible.Ralivia23 19h
1d 1,000 Pet Cap. Time to Increase? Hi Everyone: I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not there was going to be a change in the 1,000 pets we can keep when 8.0 comes out? I'd imagine there are going to be a bunch of new pets to capture. And I already am creeping up on 1,000 unique pets. (Not to mention I have extras of some certain awesome pets.) If the cap stays at 1,000 the day will come when we have to stop collecting. Hopefully there is a plan to increase the cap one of these days. Best Regards, RastlinRastlin2 1d
1d What is cyclone dance ? I've heard mention of this tactic in a few YouTube videos but can't find anything that details exactly what it is or how to do the strategy. Could someone enlighten an up and coming pet battler please :)Botany11 1d
1d Guide to Squirt - REGULAR Up 02-28 Note: She does not spawn until after dailies reset for that day and stays up until they reset the next day. Dates: Regular Squirt: April 14 (Sat) Super Squirt April 29, 2018 - Sunday Who/What is Squirt? Squirt is a repeatable Pet Battle Trainer on the Warlords Garrison rotation that gives reasonable pet and player experience. When, Squirt rotates in during Pet Battle Bonus week she can take a pet from 1-25 in 2 fights, if the player uses the Safari Hat or Lesser Pet Treat. To take full advantage you want: An exp buff (a Safari hat toy or treats bought with charms), pet bandages (optional), a team that can carry a level pet (suggestions below) and access to a Garrison with a pet building, lvl 3 if you want the extra one-time quest. Squirt spawns according to the daily reset. Garrison Faq Grouping: You can join another person's garrison if you do not have your own or the pet building. Join the group, fly/ride/walk into the garrison. If you aren't there, go back outside. Right click your name and pick View Party Leader's Garrison and walk back in. If the leader leaves their garrison it will port everyone out or back to their own garrisons! Alt Experience: The exp is the same in a raid. You can bring very low levels but getting them there is your challenge. My alt went from 102 to 109 last Holiday. Getting there: WoD can be reached by mage portal, summons or an underwater cave at Timeless Isle. Sit at the bonfire, click it and it will port you to Gorgrond. Coordinates 65/74. Supplies: There is a vendor with pet treats and a pet healer but a stack of bandages will still come in handy. Popular Teams: (Full strats in next post) Team 1 (Average Time 1:45) - Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (crafted)/Level 6+ Pet/Ghostly Skull (Vendor, Dalaran) Team 2 (Average Time 1:25) - S/S Bronze Whelping (drop)/ Widget the Departed (holiday vendor)/ Level 1+ Pet. Spectral Cub can replace WIdget Team 3 (Average Time 2:10) - Enchanted Broom (Horde Argent Tourney Vendor/BMAH)/ Weebomination (WOD Pet Supply Bag)/ Lvl 1+ Pet Team 4 (Average Time 1:35) - Enchanted Broom (Horde Argent Tourney Vendor/BMAH)/ Boneshard (Wrath Icecrown Raid Drop)/ Lvl 1+ Pet Buffs and Exp Totals: Safari Hat (10% exp) - Toy(acheivement reward for defeating 40 master tamers) Super Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 17 Super Fight 2: Lvl 17 pet: 17 -> 25 Regular Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 11 Regular Fight 2: Lvl 11 pet: 11 -> ?? Pet Treat (50% exp, stacks)- Vendor, 10 Pet Charms or 1 Celestial Coin. Lio the Lioness or Serra'ah. Does not refresh! Must remove buff to apply new treat! Super Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 18 Super Fight 2: Lvl 18 pet: 18 -> 25 Regular Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> ?? Lesser Pet Treat (25% exp, stacks)- Vendor, 10 Pet Charms or 1 Celestial Coin. Lio the Lioness or Serra'ah. Does not refresh! Must remove buff to apply new treat! Super Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 18 Super Fight 2: Lvl 18 pet: 18 -> 25 Stacked Buffs Both Pet Treats: Super Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 19 Super Fight 2: Lvl 19 pet: 19 -> 25 Regular Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> ?? Both Pet Treats and Safari Hat: Super Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 19 Super Fight 2: Lvl 19 pet: 19 -> 25 Regular Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 14 Regular Fight 2: Lvl 14 pet: 14 -> 20 Regular Fight 3: Lvl 20 pet: 20 -> 24 Regular Fight 4: Lvl 24 pet: 24 -> 25 Both Pet Treats and Safari Hat, lowest possible Pet to 25: Super Fight 1: Lvl 13 pet: 13 -> 24.9 Regular Fight 1: Lvl 22 pet: 22 -> 24.98 Boon of the Zookeeper (Shoulder enchant) - Draemus, New Dalaran Pet Shop Vendor. 160-200g depending on Kirin Tor Rep. No reputation needed to apply, can be used on alts under 110 leveling in Legion. Pile of Pet Goodies drops from mobs which contain random items such as Pet Charms, Battle Stones, Lesser Pet Treats, Bandages. Add ons: Rematch Rematch lets you create Teams for pet Trainers and create a leveling Queue that will swap in pets when you're done leveling with a previous one. Very handy! Pet Journal Enhanced or Battle Pet BreedID Adds "hidden" info such as what breed pets are. Derangement's Pet Battle Cooldowns No Longer being updated D: If you have Elvui or another UI mod, leave pet battles as Default Skin to use. It shows cooldowns for abilities and shows the enemy team's setup. BattlePetBinds Custom keybinds TDBattlePetScript and the Rematch Plugin Custom scripts for pet battles.Vhale82 1d
2d Pet Battle Arena This is a total pipe dream and nothing may come of it but hear me out. Me and a couple friends were just talking about battle pets and PvP when we came up with the notion what if you could battle a pet like an arena match. So say you pick a pet along with your friends 2 or 3 person team and you run around like an arena match but using your pets abilities instead. It could almost be like the currently existing remote control toys but with more options like dps or heals and pet specials. Someone even threw in it could be an instance made to look like a giant table top or something. Anyway just a thought, curious to see if anyone else also finds the idea amusing!ßluerain0 2d
2d Top 20 Pets Warcraftpets has had their Top 20 rated pets list for as long as I’ve been going to that site. It’s a great starter guide for beginners on which pets can carry you deep into the game. This thread is asking which pets you would personally say are your 20 favorite, be it PVP, PVE, vanity, etc. 1. Legionnaire Murky 2. Celestial Calf 3. Frostwolf Ghostpup 4. Wyrmy Tunkins 5. Vengeful Porcupette 6. Ghastly Kid 7. Iron Starlette 8. Emperor Crab 9. Stormborne Whelpling 10. Nightshade Sproutling 11. Gleamhoof Fawn 12. Stardust 13. Sneaky Marmot 14. Rebellious Imp 15. Ore Eater 16. Son of Sethe 17. Rotten Little Helper 18. Purple Puffer 19. Shimmering Aquafly 20. Elekk PlushieBrawler14 2d
2d Pet Battles: the Good the Bad the Ugly I've thoroughly enjoyed and hated pet battles at various times which is why I find myself conflicted when looking at it holistically. So to start: The Good There's a lot to do with pet battles. If you need something quick to do while waiting around there's pet pvp battles. If you want to dedicate many days exploring all of the worlds in wow, pet captures will take you everywhere and for pokemon fans it feels like you just gotta catchm all. The pve trainer battles are good in that they can be really frustratingly challenging. Guides on specific pets and rotations exist for those who want to bypass pve battles and go for those achievements. I do love how diverse the pets are and how many pets can synergize with each other creating entire team comps that work well while there still being pets and strats that can counter so nothing is absolutely fullproof. Even when I get matched against someone 4 times in a row, and lose the first three only to win the fourth because it's now a game of chess and perfecting the rotation to anticipate what theyre gonna do vs what they think I'm gonna do. all in all when I win it's great, when I lose, it can be frustrating but fortunately brief. The Bad However kind of like I mentioned, getting matched with the same person over and over and over and over and over again is really frustrating for whoever is on the losing side. Then when you adjust your pet line up to specifically counter them, you get sent to someone who counters you and when you revert, you get sent back against the first person. It's happened to me on several occasions and that pisses me off to no end. There's also just some pets that feel especially unfair, especially when three stacked and it takes a very specific stack to counter them, even more frustrating when you have 60 level 25s but not the specific ones needed to counter. It also feels like certain pet types are much stronger than others. Undead, mech, magic, and humanoid feel like the strongest with ele, dragon, and water mid tier and critter, beast, and aerial feeling less diverse with their spells and passives. There are certainly exceptions but much much fewer great pets in the weaker types. But specifically Undead feels WAY TO STRONG. When I did my 3 team of undead for the achievement, I had no resistance. I tore through teams that could have psossibly countered me. Bone serpent in particular makes every team ridiculously strong. I feel forced to use some combo of undead, human, magic or mech to win most of my games. I just think there needs to be some nerfing on many of the undead pets and maybe more on their passive cause a free attack/extra turn have often been the difference between a win and a loss for me. The Ugly PAY TO WIN IS BULL! It's fine if blizzard wants to sell pets but don't give them ridiculously good spells. I get that's a big part of the appeal but it ruins the game for none pet paying pvpers. I don't see it as much anymore but when pet battles first came out and for a good time afterwards, paid pets dominated and that just ruins the experience when you see someone stacked with paid pets. I don't even bother unless I've got my elite team (Bone Serpent, Iron Starlette, Anubiseth Idol). What I'd love to see Nerf to undead passive even more, less damage and you can't win with undead on their extra life. As someone who benefits from that, I still think it's really unfair to just save my undead for the last pet knowing I'll have an extra life to win. Give critters and beasts more diverse attacks. What makes a pet desireable is either its synergy with other pets which some critters have, or their diverse attacks that can, better yet, synergize with themselves. Lower the flying threshold for the passive to 33% instead of 50%. Flying pets have low health and the speed bonus only serves to help with maybe 2 attacks then it's lost. Please please please look at the matchmaking algorithm so no one matches against the same person more than...3 times in a row. That sucks and is just frustrating.Rokondrius3 2d
3d The Lanticore is a myth! I wanted to pick up this pet as a gift for somebody. Iv run Heroic ubrs 22 times today. Not a single Lanticore *Whistle* I now super appreciate getting this pet early on in WoDZunde6 3d
3d Pet Battle Forum Etiquette In the past couple of weeks I've noticed a decline in etiquette on this forum. Examples include: Being called a "Noob" for enjoying a certain type of team. Implying laziness for using web information to complete pet battle achievements. Questioned about plagiarizing what could possibly have been my own team from another website when I produced a video of a pet battle to help others and shared it here. Accused of being overly sensitive for pointing these things out. Accused of policing this forum and being thin-skinned. I won't mention names. But, there are a handful of "regulars" posting here who want to police this forum, and shame, judge, or bully others. To people who come here for the right reasons, don't take it personally. There are many people posting here who want to learn and share useful information related to this fun aspect of World of Warcraft. To those who need to spew negativity or have a need for self importance, Have a Nice Day!Threewolves64 3d
3d Wondrous Wisdomball Ive done every KT emissary since launch & nowadays Im doing it on 13 characters everytime its up & I still havent got the Wondrous Wisdomball. Do I just have terrible luck or am I missing something? Its driving me crazy that Im still trying to get this after so many attempts.Sharpbladez12 3d
4d Direbeak Team Up Direbeak Team Up bugged? Where you defeat 3 world quests with your direbeak hatchling... I have done 5 pet battle quests with him and won with him being the last pet alive, and I had him summoned before beginning the match. Only 2 out of those 5 have counted. I just defeated Sissix attempting to finish the 3rd and it did not count :/ Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?? This is getting really irritating.Gylphie5 4d
4d Threewolves 2 Pet Leveling Video Guides I make videos for World of Warcraft pet leveling opportunities that meet the criteria of: 1) Uses the most common pets possible that most players will probably have. 2) Tested, reliable, as close to 100% success rate as possible. 3) The fastest team for each pet battle that also meets the criteria of 1 & 2. My sources for these strategies include various websites, friends suggestions, personally developed strategies, or hybrids of any/or all of that. Each team in this thread has been tested by me to be reliable. Each video linked contains accurate information as of the date it was posted here. Have fun and good luck. 2018 World of Warcraft: Durian Strongfruit 2 Pet Leveling Guide is a new strategy that I believe is reliable, allows for a pet as low as level 2, and is faster than any other strategies I've seen online - https://youtu.be/hNrB2uNe67sThreewolves30 4d
5d Baby Winston + Digital Goodies Since there are only a few left, I'm looking for 300k for each code if payment on Illidan (horde), Area-52(horde), Tich(horde), Sageras(ally) or 2 x WoW tokens if other realm in the US It does come with other digital goodies stated in the back of the card Please contact me in game if you are interested. #Shadowdance1043 PS: This in game combat pet is not tradeable, cageable in game. It is a Pet that you claim from redeeming the Over Watch Original Edition digital goody code. I happen to have a few codes from damaged boxes that are up for grab. Belows are links to physical pictures of the front and back of the card http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad258/ramose_x/UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3f44.jpg http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad258/ramose_x/UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3f43.jpgRamose76 5d
5d Broot I was wondering if anybody could tell me how long it took to get Broot. I know RNG can be RNG, but man I've had a druid at 105 for 2 months and check ever few days. Thank youDoggler11 5d
5d In-Game Community This week’s alpha release brought with it one of the newest features of BfA: the in-game community chat function. Essentially they act as cross-realm guilds outside of your normal guild, minus the bank and other perks. Blizzards in-game version of Discord in other words. I’m making this thread because I’m curious if anyone would be keen on creating a “main” Pet Battle community group once BfA launches. Quintessence maybe? Zunde? Zazon? (lol) If there’s interest, I would most certainly run a separate group intended specifically for anyone needing help in PVP. It can act as a thinktank to bounce ideas around in or just a place to come and complain about OP pets with likeminded individuals at the very least.Brawler10 5d
6d Pet Battles, Different Continents So, been doing a lot of Pet Battles recently, and I notice something strange. After I clear out one Continent, ... I go to another. Say that ... I do all of Kalimdor. Then, I go to Easter Kingdoms. Suddenly, no one is offering me anything. I can think of only two reasons. 1) Either, there is a limit of how many Pet Battles you can do a day. 2) It's Faction-Based, with the Alliance having more control of EK than the Horde, etc. What else could it be? If it's not these things, is this a bug?Kalenar4 6d
Apr 18 Nexus Whelpling Needed I have been farming for months In Coldarra and unable to find one,looking for someone to send me a real id if they see one.Thanks soo much in advanceBinghunter7 Apr 18
Apr 17 PVP Counter Thread Just a wee bit a help for people new to the PVP scene and who find themselves constantly running headlong into tough, stalwart teams who appear, from a novice's perspective, to have no weaknesses or flaws. Whether it's the pet battle weekly, leveling an alt thru pet PVP, the 250 win achievement or even the vaunted 5k. (Though this "guide" isn't for you latter folk) Don't give up! Although not always an easy task, even with a counter, EVERY team can be beaten. There are a plethora of threads/guides out there giving outstanding advice on how exactly to hand a trainer his own !@#$. And thank you to everyone who takes the time to put those together. (Jere is a genius btw) But when it comes to PVP and surmounting the "top tier" mountain we run into frequently, there seems to be a bit of a void for people in search of answers or direction. Disco and others have shared some amazing teams in the past years and you can find people like him and Hiru doing their thing on youtube anytime, which I recommend. This, however, is more of a simpler thread. I jotted down the "best" (I know that's subjective) PVP pets in the game right now and then gave three or four of the best counters to said pet. Again, pretty simple. I just wish dearly I would've had something like this when I first started down the 5k road. The headache it would've saved me. I know the feeling of grasping at straws and losing 5-6 battles straight before giving up and logging out back in those early days. I want to help those people out. The more people in the queue and the more people having fun battling each other, the better. Full disclosure: I'm no pro. That's the truth. I'm not even at 4K wins and I skipped MoP entirely. But I love PVPing, hold a steady 75% win rate and know which rocks beat which scissors handily. Lastly, I want to keep this list updated. The meta is always changing and I want this list to reflect that. So, with that being said, input and (respectful) opinions are very much desired!Brawler55 Apr 17
Apr 16 Battle Pet Tamers: Warlords 2 Pet Strategies This video was produced using strategies obtained from various websites, friends suggestions, my own built teams, and/or a combination of all of those. I take no credit for any strategies in this video. Nor am I compensated in any way for videos I produce(I'm retired). I just enjoy producing these videos and sharing them. I've added time links in the description that can skip directly to each of the 6 Draenor Grand Master Tamers for convenience. https://youtu.be/OB18_BgYPSwThreewolves12 Apr 16
Apr 16 Blingtron Gift Package hi guys does anyone know why Blingtron Gift Package sometimes heals for less than 420? there's no weather in effect and no debuff on Lil Bling, and yet sometimes it will heal for 382 or similar instead of 420. it's confusing...Khanso5 Apr 16
Apr 14 The Mummy?! https://www.wowhead.com/news=283522/battle-for-azeroth-build-26433-models-rexxar-vicious-hippo-mount-tabards Sweet new butterflies models incoming! Along with a pet version of the new Kul Tiran feral druid forms. And...A MUMMY PET! Looks sick. Can’t wait to get my hands on it. Undoubtedly an undead, but wouldn’t shock me to see it get the magic racial.Brawler6 Apr 14
Apr 13 Silithid Hatchlings - Sandstorm in Tanaris There in a sandstorm in Tanaris on the Sargeras realm right now! I have created an open group in the Group Finder titled "Silithid Hatchlings are up". Come get your rare Silithid Hatchling for the Kalimdor Safari achievement! There are several running around right now.Sharktaco0 Apr 13
Apr 13 Landro’s lil XT Hi so I am just wondering how much Landro’s lil XT would go for on the auction house on U.S servers.Hanegar1 Apr 13
Apr 12 Gold frames around Pet Icons (in battle) Just wondering. I noticed that sometimes the frame around the pet icon for the enemy is sometimes silver and sometimes its gold. At first I thought it had something to do with type of pet (like if it was gold it was a rare or at least above a poor), but this got blown away. I then took notice that it would change in the middle of the fight from gold to silver. what does the gold frame around the pet icon mean?Rizalea7 Apr 12
Apr 11 Pet Battle Hall Could we possibly get a Pet Battle Hall in BfA? An area in which pet battlers can go to complete dailys, buy rewards, meet other pet battlers to chat, battle and trade pets. It'd be so fun to run into some of the faces from this forum, to chat and battle :D Anyone have suggestions as to where a good location might be?Creeks1 Apr 11
Apr 11 Sir Galveston New 2 Pet Leveling Strategy I don't think this one is on Xu-Fu. I wanted to try and make something different. Tested reliable 3 times. Can anybody else see if this works for them? Any 1+ Leveling Pet. Bone Serpent 1/2/2 S/S Breed Hyjal Wisp 2/1/1 Turn 1 Lift-Off Turn 2 Bone Barrage Switch to Hyjal Wisp. Turn 1 Wish Switch to Bone Serpent. Turn 1 Call Darkness Turn 2 Bone Barrage Switch to Hyjal Wisp. Turn 1 Evanescense Turn 2 Wish Switch to Bone Serpent. Turn 1 Call Darkness Turn 2 Bone Barrage Switch to Leveling Pet. Switch to Bone Serpent. Turn 1 Lift-Off Turn 2 Bone Barrage Turn 3 Call Darkness Bring in Hyjal Wisp. Turn 1 Evanescense Turn 2 Wish Turn 3 Arcane Blast til done.Threewolves2 Apr 11
Apr 10 Counter to poisons I'm leveling a pet and often times he dies from poison even after I switch to another pet. It seems like poisons shouldn't keep damaging your pet after switching him out. I'm wondering if there are any counters to this?Nate3 Apr 10
Apr 10 Brainstorming pvp improvements What's your thoughts on how to improve pvp pet battles? Other than mobile app Which would be awesome and I might be willing to donate precious body parts to make happen. I have two thoughts 1. Pet and character xp even for losing (or dying). Just for PvP and not pve. Even in regular pvp your get something for second place. Not the full amount of xp but some. Nothing for quitters though. 2. Pet scaling with damage done/received normalized to the pet's level. For example, someone using all level 1 pets could fight a team of all level 25 pets. The level 1 damage would be scaled up and the level 25 damage scaled down. Each team would be limited to just those abilities they've unlocked. The idea is to eliminate some of the queue fragmentation. 1 queue for everyone. Hopefully much faster queue times. And not so much waiting. What are your thoughts?Tinkerizmo2 Apr 10
Apr 10 Nightwatcher Merayl 2 Pet Leveling guide This video demonstrates how to defeat Nightwatcher Merayl for the World of Warcraft Pet Battle World Quest "Training with the Nightwatchers" using a 2 pet leveling strategy. Turn by turn notes remain on screen for convenience. Or, follow along as the video plays. https://youtu.be/cvUIWi2alnkThreewolves5 Apr 10
Apr 10 Corgnelius and Firebat Pup I have 13 level 110 characters and haven't gotten a single mission for either pet since the launch of Legion. Am I doing something wrong or is my luck just horrible?Konietzko2 Apr 10
Apr 10 Average Wait Time Exceed by 1000% So, APPARENTLY I am not allowed to pet battle this morning :| Been in que over an hour now, dropped and rejoined a number of times ofc, and the dumb thing still says, "Average Wait Time: 48 sec." Like, C'MON! The system cannot possibly be this poorly programmed. x_xTenchu6 Apr 10
Apr 10 Another shout out to the PB community. Another month, another DMF, another waste of my 9 minutes killing Moonfang and NOT getting Moon moon. After 4+ years, I had given up on even getting this pet. I used to farm it 10+ times a week, basically as often as there were groups, or now, groups in LFG. But now, most months I don't even look, I don't even bother. I was fishing today for that quest when the "Moonfang prowlers have spawned" went out. Once Moonfang spawned, by habit I simply asked "are there any groups?" Someone said "some Alliance here.. 2-3." I grumbled to myself and let it go. Eventually, that person said "Alliance group here, should pull soon." I had just caught my 5th fish for the quest, cursed myself for my Charlie Brown kicking the football habit, and rode off to kill Moonfang. AND THIS TIME!!!! ... of course, nothing. !@$#&$!&#@%@# Shortly after I get a whisper: Did you get the pet? Me: No. >( Amazing Person: I have an extra, you can have it. Me: !!!!?!!!!!!! AP: Yeah, just make a chr on my server and I'll hook you up. :) So after 4-5 years, my long search is over, thanks to one truly AMAZING person!!! I really can't thank you enough (left anonymous on purpose)!!! And this is at least the second or third time such amazing kindness and benevolence has happened directly to me while hunting for pets; and I have tried to return these favors as often as possible. Hats off to all of us in the PB community! I truly think we represent what is best in WoW! :^)Brocknor5 Apr 10
Apr 10 Mobile Pet Battles Can we do pet battles on our mobile devices, maybe through the companion app or something? I'd love to be able to do pet battles on the phone through the companions app while I'm bored at work.Muffÿ16 Apr 10
Apr 9 Tiffany Nelson 2 Pet Leveling video guide This team suggests a level 3+ or higher carry pet. That's the lowest pet level that's still reasonably reliable of any teams I've seen for this battle. If you know of a team that can level a lower pet please share it. https://youtu.be/bvLuaapDAYsThreewolves2 Apr 9
Apr 9 Alpha tester insight to Pet battles in BfA? Recent interview at 10:49 mark discusses bfa pet battle changes https://youtu.be/Ep2OUD0W2CA?t=655 It sounds like new pet dungeons (not at release but later), new pets, new pet abilities, pet battle achievements and a new pet currency. According to the dev you should still be able to use your existing pet charms to buy battle stones but they were a bit vague on what the new currency would give you. Can any alpha testers comment on what will be available with the new currency?Tinkerizmo7 Apr 9
Apr 9 Varenne 2 Pet Strategy video guide This video demonstrates how to complete the Pet Battle World Quest "Chopped" located in Suramar by defeating Varenne using a 2 pet leveling strategy. This strategy is tested and very reliable. It is less dependent on luck than most other strategies. Turn by turn instructions remain on screen for convenience. Or, follow along as the video plays. https://youtu.be/befiZY3chNMThreewolves0 Apr 9
Apr 9 How to get "Pebble" pet video guide This video guide demonstrates how to complete the World of Warcraft achievement "Rock Lover" in Deepholme and add the battle pet "Pebble" to your pet collection. This guide includes a complete narrated run through of the daily quest "Lost in the Deeps". You'll need to have completed the story line quests in Deepholme to unlock this daily quest. https://youtu.be/WwxpHW0dHSIThreewolves0 Apr 9
Apr 8 Weather Effects Is i just me or does it seem like weather effects aren't happening? I've been waiting in tanaris for quite a while to no avail. All I want is a silithid hatchling lolAstengeoff23 Apr 8
Apr 8 Don't buy Lil' Ragnaros I recently purchased "Lil' Ragnaros" from the World of Warcraft shop, I've been trying to build a team of pets that fits the general theme of my armor set (dark iron dwarf molten lave whatchamacall it whatever) ahem, DO NOT BUY THIS PET I am incredibly unsatisfied, disgruntled, ashamed, and all together frustrated if not just down right furious that I ever decided to buy this thing. First of all, let me say that while the pet's abilities are powerful BUT the hit chance may as well be 20% as I have watched time and time again this pet miss hit after hit. Also this pet will get two if not three shot by other battle pets quite often and that's not even the battle pets that are strong against Elementals (a good example of this being the Harbinger of Flame who will make easy work of the Firelord in no time flat). That being said I know this is probably a fairly common occurrence among battle pets but but here is my point. IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHARGE PEOPLE CASH FOR THIS BATTLE PET AT LEAST MAKE IT WORTH THE MONEY I'm not talking overpowered, I don't in any way need that. I just think if you're going to charge people for a battle pet at least keep me from completely wasting the little amount of money I get to spend on myself by purchasing this monstrosity. I'm by no terms rich,wealthy comfortable or well off. I work a minimum wage job and barely scrape by take care of my family the best I can. I get just a chunk of change to spend on myself and after I pay for my World of Warcraft subscription that chunk of change can almost blow away in the wind. I would understand if this was an in game pet but this is completely insulting and I feel like I'm being punished for buying it. Anyway, thought you guys should know. I Didn't want you to make the same mistake I did.Magnus39 Apr 8
Apr 8 Foulclaw Bugged? Edit: So, upon further investigation I found that this is intentional- The devs, in their infinite wisdom, decided that 50% (crouch) added to 50% (boss buff) means that the boss is 100% immune to all dmg while it is up... fantabulous. The ability itself is less annoying than the fact that there is no explanation of it. :/ So I finally decided to sit down and work through the Family Fighter achievement and either the Foulclaw fight is bugged or I am going crazy. During my humanoid fight, I thought I saw him block one of my flayer youngling's attacks, but the fight was soon over and I didn't think much of it. When moving on to dragons I seemed to get the bug repeatedly though. The boss's abilities are Apocalypse, Flurry, and Crouch- nothing that should be completely blocking my attacks. But for some reason he is constantly blocking all of the damage I try to deal to him (I have screenshots.) After testing it for several minutes, it seems to be that after procc'ing his boss ability (can't take more than 35% of his hp in one hit) he goes completely immune to all damage while crouch is active. Am I insane and this is somehow intended? Or should I open a ticket with Blizz?Galawyn11 Apr 8
Apr 8 Family Brawler Any tips/places I could get information about other than the usual wowhead? Really annoyed that I've tried 10 times for mechanical brawler and got beat every single time because every pet happens to have a elemental ability or elemental that can one shot my whole team.Ryook2 Apr 8