Pet Battles

Sep 26 Pet Battles: FAQs, Links, Macros, & Addons Index: FAQs: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423#2 Basic information on the Pet Battle system -Basic Questions and Getting Started http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#2 -Maintaining Your Collection http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#3 -Pet Rarity and Family http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#4 -Pet Battles http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#5 -Wild Pets http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#7 -Quests, Pet Leveling, and Pet XP http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#9 -Theorycrafting http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#10 -Multiple WoW Accounts http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#11 -Pet Battle Stones http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#12 Links: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#14 Places around the web that are full of helpful information Macros: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#16 Key-bind your way to pet battle awesomeness! Addons: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#18 Because sometimes the Blizzard UI just isn't enough ******************************************************************* Thanks to: Blizzard for adding Pet Battles Lithuen (Kilrogg), Nullberri (Lightbringer), Simca (Malfurion), Shalura (Anvilmar), Aieny (Medivh), Lilfrier (Mannoroth), Rescind (Lightning's Blade), Stryph (Anvilmar), Wrelch (Wyrmrest Accord), Twixi (Garrosh), Elderbrand (Anvilmar), Layton (Wyrmrest Accord), Tgwaste (Korialstrasz), Vasala (Baelgun), Warla (Dragonmaw), Chainheal (Kael'thas), Falinari (Medivh), Tlym (Netherstorm), Jaede (Dalaran) for contributing directly or posting some great information that I've compiled here. **************************************************************** Change log: 26Sep2012 – first version (and various edits through-out the day) 28Sep2012 – added some additional information/editing, changed title from Index of Available Pet Battle Information to Pet Battles: FAQs, Links, Macros, & Addons 29Sep2012 – Re-organized to allow space for more FAQs; re-organized FAQs; added general topics to FAQs 16Oct2012 – Added an upcoming Patch Notes section (going to see how this works out) 01Dec2012 – Updated to reflect 5.1 changes; added Bug section to upcoming Patch Notes Section 19Dec2012 – Updated to correct typos and 5.1 hotfixes (RIP alt-f4'ing) 22Dec2012 – Updated with 5.2 PTR notes 16Jan2014 -- Using some of my free game time Blizzard sent me to clean up some outdated sections 17Mar2016 -- Updated to reflect WoD changes 03Aug2016 -- Updated to reflect 7.0 changes and upcoming Legion changesPhaedra187 Sep 26
Sep 3 Which Pets to Level to Complete Achievements EDIT: I have added a list of "very good pets I did not use" based on other posts. I also added some info on optimized breeds where applicable, but these optimized breeds are not required for someone just looking to finish off the achieves. This is a pet list for anyone looking to complete all of the pet battle achievements efficiently (i.e. do the bare minimum). There are a million ways to do this, but this was how I, after wasting time on many useless pets, did it. I hope it is helpful for all the beginners out there. No TCG or store pets are needed, and while some of these aren't easy to obtain (as some have commented), you will need to do an equal amount of work to get by without them IMO. With this list, it is possible to complete all of the major "PVE" pet battle achievements - there is no simple formula for PVP, but many of these pets are excellent in PVP as well. I will not go into detail on what each pet is used for, but if you follow many of the popular guides out there, you will find that most pets on those lists can be substituted for those on my list. First, a few helpful tips: All of the pet trainers in Pandaria can be defeated with only an Emeral Proto-Whelp and Anubisath Idol, making this route very efficient for leveling pets - even if you have minimal level 25's. Someone has posted the details for each fight to wowhead. Always complete your garrison menagerie dailies. These will provide you with a constant stream of tokens to increase the quality/levels on pets you need. Start running old raids to get "raiding with leashes" achievement asap - you will need Anubisath Idol and Chrominius for many reasons, and it may take several weeks to get the drops. Howl Bomb: It is a method of killing extremely high-hp single enemies. It can be implemented several ways (and most guides will help you with this), but the core pets are a Pandaren Water Spirit and Chrominius, supplemented by either the Darkmoon Zepplin (celestial tournament) or Unborn Val'kyr (outside tournament).The List: So here is the list, sorted by: 1) what I consider to be my go-to pets (used daily), 2) which ones I use regularly (~weekly) and 3) others I used infrequently or for gimmicky fights (e.g. to complete "An Awfully Big Adventure"). 1) Core Pets (9 total) Anubisath Idol Emerald Proto-Whelp Chrominius Pandaren Water Spirit Clockwork Gnome Darkmoon Zepplin Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling Any Snail (Rapana Whelk is best) Terrible Turnip (weakening blow cannot kill, so it's perfect for collecting low-level pets)2) Used Often (9 total) Any Moth w/ alpha strike, cocoon strike, and moth dust (P/P Yellow Moth is best) Eternal Strider (or equivalent, P/S breed best) Darkmoon Tonk Any Spider w/ strike, brittle webbing, and leech life Any Frog w/ water jet, cleansing rain, swarm of flies, and frog kiss (S/S Leopard Tree Frog or a P/P Yellow-Bellied Bullfrog are best) Nexus Whelpling Scourged Whelpling Stinker (used to heal in celestial tournament) Unborn Val'kyr3) Used Infrequently (17 total) Adder (this is a great first lvl25 - high speed + counters critters) Amethyst Shale Hatching Blighthawk Chi-chi Core Hound Pup Elekk Plushie Fel Flame Flayer Youngling Kun-Lai Runt Lofty Libram Mud Jumper/Swamp Croaker Nether Faerie Dragon Prairie Dog Sea Gull Spawn of Onyxia Sporeling Sprout Tiny Snowman A second Moth (I've even used 3) A second Frog (I've even used 3) A second Spider4) Other very strong pets (that I never needed): Gilnean Raven Crow Xu-Fu Iron Starlette Feline Familiar S/S Rabbit P/P Emporer Crab H/H Spirit Crab Teroclaw Hatchling Alpine Foxling Lil' Bling Ghostly Skull Ghastly Kid Zalandari Raptors Electrified RazortoothJeack24 Sep 3
Sep 26, 2012 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Pet Battles forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss Pet Battles with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Nethaera0 Sep 26, 2012
1h Random battle pets appearing? Anyone else have random battle pets just show up at various times? I had a king snake follow me around earlier and just now it was my zandalari anklerender. lol I keep having to dismiss them and it's driving me nuts. I've had this happen before but I can't remember how I "fixed" it and I can't seem to find any information online. I checked the options in my Rematch and Pet Tracker addons, but I saw nothing relevant.Avalene1 1h
3h Pet Breeding Anyone know if they have any plans to pick up this again for the next xpac? From what I understand it was well into development when they axed it.Arkah1 3h
4h Elemental Escalation - Snozz I keep trying multiple strats that use Tiny Twister + Crazy Carrot + Ominous Flame. Bottom line, the pets don't last through his damage (why does an ability with a "chance" to hit 3 times always seem to hit three times for this jerk?) Anyone have a better idea?Superdaedra5 4h
5h 8.0 Pet Battles Wishlist Here's my suggestions for ideas I'd like to see in 8.0 regarding pet battles. Please feel free to use this thread to suggest your own ideas! 1. Repeatable goal-driven pet battling. During Legion it can be fair to say until Argus came out there wasn't much pet battling you could do outside of your weekly Wailing Caverns. And if you got your pets, you just checked the map if any relevant masters were up, and if they weren't than there wasn't much pet battling you could that day (Assuming you're a pet battle fan who has been working on pet battle achievements) Solution: We had a good system in WoD with An Awfully Big Adventure, it was a fun achievement that imposed rules on players, and was a goal you could work towards each day. Have a proving grounds for pet battles, where you can go in and challenge trainers endlessly each 'wave' is a new trainer you face, all pets are refreshed each battle but you have limited attempts per trainer. These trainers can start easy, and ramp up till your fighting pets with crazy movesets. You will be rewarded by your highest wave # per attempt. 2. Items Simply put, add more dynamics to pet battles without having to add a new rarity or what not. These items are earned, and go into unlockable pool on your account (not inventory) and you're able to slot them onto a pet and do things like you'd expect, 1 turn of survive with 1 HP, a heal when you get low, a damage booster, HP, or speed booster, etc. This adds a completely new dynamic as suddenly old pets which might not feel good now, suddenly become way better with some speed or power on them. 3. Rewards that are compelling, that aren't finished in a couple weeks. The pet dungeons are awesome content, but after you get the pets associated with this content, you have no reason to ever go back here, even if the challenge is still relevant there. Pet battle content should use a new pet battle currency apart from charms, like Deadmines or Timeless Isle Tournament tokens, but one that is always useful, that you can earn, but is a grade above Pet Charms. Charms are fine if you just need stones, but this new tokens shouldn't just give you a couple new pets and then you're done. You should be able to buy the aforementioned pet-equipable items. A Pet Battle farm, where you can buy it, it appears near the menagerie in the new expansion and you can slot pets into this farm. While in this farm your pets will gain a small portion of the exp from your pet battles. You can use tokens to add slots to this farm which increase in cost exponentially. A breeding mode of the farm, when you put 2 pets of the same type into the farm, they have a chance after every quest to breed and make a random lv1 pet of that same breed, it can be any pet in the game, with raid pets being much rarer. Similar to Relinquished Tokens, this is RNG, but designed for the 'ultra endgame' pet battler who has thousands of pets at cap. 4. Trainers that can be challenged every day like in MoP and WoD If world quests continue, please allow us to do other pet-battle related things in the world aside from 2, maybe 3 WQs with terrible rewards if the trainers you are chasing don't happen to be up. We should be able to better spend a day pet battling and feel rewarded for it. Thanks for reading this long winded post, I hope to other people's ideas too!Myta11 5h
8h Leaving the Celestial Tournament Is the only way to exit this to use Leave Instance Group? Seems odd that the when the fat panda congratulates me he doesn't give me an option to leave.Tinkerizmo1 8h
20h Snozz Elemental If anyone's having trouble with Snozz lemental, I managed to do with with Molten Corgi x/1/x, Ominous Flame x/2/2, and Cinder Kitten 2/2/x if it helps. I got a mythic headache from it, but I'll try to remember the attack order as best I can Pass, swapped to flame Forboding Curse Manual swap to Corgi Superbark, ability swapped to Flame again Scorched Earth, Forboding Curse, might have died or survived long enough for the ability swap Cinder Kitten rend until it died, not sure if I used leap for a curse expiration or not, sorry Hopefully this helps someone else out thereYzzami0 20h
21h Zookeeper enchant Where do you all farm to get the bag drop? I've tried a few places to farm the drop and I'm not having much success on a good area.Aruadragon3 21h
22h Must... farm... candy... God damnit I need Naxxy. The thing is adorable and creepy at the same time. I need the tiny raid in my life. http://orig13.deviantart.net/0a6d/f/2013/274/a/2/spongebob_i_need_it_o_by_kenshiakaksaki_rs-d6ovp85.jpgBamboohunts14 22h
1d Pet Battle Key Bindings Broken [Fixed] So I'm not quite sure if this should go here or in UI bugs and junk but I was having issues with it and by process of elimination I figured out the issue. I use dominos for my action bars (love it really recommend it), but I was messing around with my binds today and moved some stuff around and a little later I went into a pet battle and my pet battle keybinds were all messed up. So after process of elimination I figured out that the pet battle keybinds use the first 4 bindings you have on the action bar 1 block. Hope this helps some one because it took me way to long to figure it out and I don't want some one else to waste as much time as I did. [edit]:Also don't know if this is specifically just dominos or if it is the main game as well. Cheers!ßaßé1 1d
1d Pet battles: how do we get epic pets? I must be missing something. With pandaria comes NPC pets that are EPIC ORANGE. but we can only level to 25 and only BLUE for rare. there is no leveling your pet to "epic". that I can find. And the stones also only create rare or level up a pet to 25. So for me timeless isle is the stupidest place Ive ever been. How on earth are we supposed to get "epic" pet levels? Googled and found nothing about how to get epic pets. Im emailing support and if I learn anything Ill put it here. I know Im not the only one confused by this rare vs epic issue.Rhainé7 1d
1d Pet Treats not stacking anymore? Anyone else not able to get them to stack? I keep getting "A more power spell is active" and the 50% treat till override the 25% one.Betaape27 1d
1d PvP Pet Battle Queue So I queued for my daily set of PvP pet battles (I'm working toward 1,000 and 2,000 PvP pet battle wins) and I notice that today (as opposed to yesterday), the group finder eyeball is now beep beep beep beep beeping at me for the entire queue time. It's like someone wants to join my group but I can't invite them because this is not the pre-made group finder - it's the PvP Pet Battle queue. I've currently been queue for 5 minutes of beep beep beep beep beep beep beeping. Blizzard, I beg of you, please revert this most annoying of changes.Neall0 1d
1d No, just feels like it. I was waiting in queue for a PvP pet battle tonight. I checked the little eye-scanner-thingie. It said: Avg wait time: 1 min / Time in Queue: 49 days 17 hr. Hmmmmm...... No, but sometimes it feels like it! <laugh>Wayfur0 1d
1d No blizzcon pet? Hi Guys! Maybe I am over thinking this but I have tried searching through the article blizz posted to this site as well as googling/checking our pet logs etc but I can't find the answer anywhere; because this year they are offering the mounts for blizzcon, does that mean there won't be a pet? The mounts are available right now in game so I was guessing if there was a pet it should be showing up in the pet log/journal? But there is nothing there! The mounts look great but I really really really hope we will still be getting a pet too! Anyone have any insight/ideas?Missunknown21 1d
2d Guide to Squirt - Regular Up 10-31 Dates: Super Squirt November 30, 2017 - Thursday Regular Squirt: October: 31 (Tues) November: 15 (Wed) December: 15 (Fri) Who/What is Squirt? Squirt is a repeatable Pet Battle Trainer on the Warlords Garrison rotation that gives reasonable pet and player experience. When, Squirt rotates in during Pet Battle Bonus week she can take a pet from 1-25 in 2 fights, if the player uses the Safari Hat or Lesser Pet Treat. To take full advantage you want: An exp buff (a Safari hat toy or treats bought with charms), pet bandages (optional), a team that can carry a level pet (suggestions below) and access to a Garrison with a pet building, lvl 3 if you want the extra one-time quest. Squirt spawns according to the daily reset. Garrison Faq Grouping: You can join another person's garrison if you do not have your own or the pet building. Join the group, fly/ride/walk into the garrison. If you aren't there, go back outside. Right click your name and pick View Party Leader's Garrison and walk back in. If the leader leaves their garrison it will port everyone out or back to their own garrisons! Alt Experience: The exp is the same in a raid. You can bring very low levels but getting them there is your challenge. My alt went from 102 to 109 last Holiday. Getting there: WoD can be reached by mage portal, summons or an underwater cave at Timeless Isle. Sit at the bonfire, click it and it will port you to Gorgrond. Coordinates 65/74. Supplies: There is a vendor with pet treats and a pet healer but a stack of bandages will still come in handy. Popular Teams: (Full strats in next post) Team 1 (Average Time 1:45) - Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (crafted)/Level 6+ Pet/Ghostly Skull (Vendor, Dalaran) Team 2 (Average Time 1:25) - S/S Bronze Whelping (drop)/ Widget the Departed (holiday vendor)/ Level 1+ Pet. Spectral Cub can replace WIdget Team 3 (Average Time 2:10) - Enchanted Broom (Horde Argent Tourney Vendor/BMAH)/ Weebomination (WOD Pet Supply Bag)/ Lvl 1+ Pet Team 4 (Average Time 1:35) - Enchanted Broom (Horde Argent Tourney Vendor/BMAH)/ Boneshard (Wrath Icecrown Raid Drop)/ Lvl 1+ Pet Buffs and Exp Totals: Safari Hat (10% exp) - Toy (acheivement reward for defeating 40 master tamers). Can Stack with Treats. Super Fight: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 17 -> 25 Regular Fight: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 11 -> ?? Pet Treat (50% exp)- Vendor, 10 Pet Charms or 1 Celestial Coin. Lio the Lioness or Serra'ah. Does not refresh! Must remove buff to apply new treat! Super Fight: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 18 -> 25 Regular Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> ?? -> 22 Lesser Pet Treat (25% exp)- Vendor, 10 Pet Charms or 1 Celestial Coin. Lio the Lioness or Serra'ah. Does not refresh! Must remove buff to apply new treat! Super Fight: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 18 -> 25 Regular Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> ?? Boon of the Zookeeper (Shoulder enchant) - Draemus, New Dalaran Pet Shop Vendor. 160-200g depending on Kirin Tor Rep. No reputation needed to apply, can be used on alts under 110 leveling in Legion. Pile of Pet Goodies drops from mobs which contain random items such as Pet Charms, Battle Stones, Lesser Pet Treats, Bandages. Add ons: Rematch Rematch lets you create Teams for pet Trainers and create a leveling Queue that will swap in pets when you're done leveling with a previous one. Very handy! Pet Journal Enhanced or Battle Pet BreedID Adds "hidden" info such as what breed pets are. Derangement's Pet Battle Cooldowns No Longer being updated D: If you have Elvui or another UI mod you may have to leave pet battles as Default Skin to use this. But it places a number over your pet battle abilities as they are used and shows the enemy team's setup.Vhale56 2d
2d Zookeeper Nerf? I realize this is very RNG, but I've noticed a sudden drop off in Pile of Pet Goodies during the past week. I used to get at least one during my daily WQs, but suddenly I am getting none, when the number of mobs I'm killing hasn't decreased at all (if anything, I've been doing more than I was before). Is anyone else experiencing this?Tennueth1 2d
3d Selling Knockoff Blingtron Just like the title suggest, selling Knockoff Blingtron. On Barthilas Horde biggzie#1421Biggzie1 3d
3d Wondrous Wisdomball Does the item for this pet still drop from the Kirin Tor dailies? If so, what’s the drop rate for the Strange Humming Crystal? I’m almost done with the Dutiful Squire/Gruntling grind (thank god) and the Wisdomball is next on my agenda. I wish I had grabbed it when it was available on the AH earlier in the expansion.Elunatic2 3d
4d Blizzard Real talk here. We need a tiny pitlord pet. We need several. Minniroth Bwutallius we need them blizzard.Zunde2 4d
4d Wailing Caverns Weekly reward? WTH Blizz? I have run this now for 3 weeks and I've gotten 1 Bandage, 11 charms and a 1 battle stone as my reward twice. How come the reward for running this whole instance is so minor compared to the Celestial tournament? At least with that we could work towards a reward, but nah let's just play RNG like the rest of Legion and just have a chance at getting these pets. Weak Blizz, really. Up the rewards if we're gonna be doing this and future dungeons.Vivec38 4d
4d Fix the pet battles on Argus I spend half the time opening my achievement box just so I can finish the fights. The pets keep getting stuck while doing some of their abilities, like Gloamwing when he's attacking me with Slicing Wind. He gets stuck most of the time in each step and I have to keep opening something up on my screen just to get him to finish his move. It's getting very frustrating when I spend more time trying to get the moves to finish then it takes to actually do the battle.Darielyia6 4d
4d Pets getting 'stuck/pausing' midfight Hey guys, as title says, I am beginning to get really annoyed when the enemy pets are almost every fight getting stuck in an animation, anywhere from a few seconds, to a couple of minutes, before they get back into position for the next 'round'. I cannot recall this happening more than a week ago, but I have changed nothing on my system for ages, and can think of no other reason why this would have recently begun to occur. System is defragged, latest drivers etc, and my wife hasn't had this occur to her alt all on her comp. Has anyone come across this, and if so, know of a fix? Considering giving up on the whole pet battle system if I cant fix it, becoming too frustrating. Thanks all.Zurtankoblin17 4d
4d Best critter pets? So i was doing the pet battle achievements and I realized I dont have many critters and that most of them just suck in general. What are the best ones I should level to do these achievements?Igyfarmyou2 4d
4d PVP Counter Thread Just a wee bit a help for people new to the PVP scene and who find themselves constantly running headlong into tough, stalwart teams who appear, from a novice's perspective, to have no weaknesses or flaws. Whether it's the pet battle weekly, leveling an alt thru pet PVP, the 250 win achievement or even the vaunted 5k. (Though this "guide" isn't for you latter folk) Don't give up! Although not always an easy task, even with a counter, EVERY team can be beaten. There are a plethora of threads/guides out there giving outstanding advice on how exactly to hand a trainer his own !@#$. And thank you to everyone who takes the time to put those together. (Jere is a genius btw) But when it comes to PVP and surmounting the "top tier" mountain we run into frequently, there seems to be a bit of a void for people in search of answers or direction. Disco and others have shared some amazing teams in the past years and you can find people like him and Hiru doing their thing on youtube anytime, which I recommend. This, however, is more of a simpler thread. I jotted down the "best" (I know that's subjective) PVP pets in the game right now and then gave three or four of the best counters to said pet. Again, pretty simple. I just wish dearly I would've had something like this when I first started down the 5k road. The headache it would've saved me. I know the feeling of grasping at straws and losing 5-6 battles straight before giving up and logging out back in those early days. I want to help those people out. The more people in the queue and the more people having fun battling each other, the better. Full disclosure: I'm no pro. That's the truth. I'm not even at 4K wins and I skipped MoP entirely. But I love PVPing, hold a steady 75% win rate and know which rocks beat which scissors handily. Lastly, I want to keep this list updated. The meta is always changing and I want this list to reflect that. So, with that being said, input and (respectful) opinions are very much desired!Brawler43 4d
4d MPPM: Swamp Croaker Major Payne decided to give you guys a break from having to fight giant bosses, and he now wants you to trudge around the swamps of the Isle of Thunder. The bulbous, wart-covered Swamp Croaker is this week's target and we'd love to know what you think of the pet, and how well it does in your Pet Battles!Crithto18 4d
4d Spineclaw Crab Does the Spineclaw Crab ever drop??? I'm sick of trying to farming this, truly a horrible drop rate. Is there a way to make the rare spawn, its never up, which makes this even more frustrating.Kalystah15 4d
4d A Modest Proposal I love pet battling. I love it on my main, I love it on my alts. I've really enjoyed how much love Blizz has been giving pet battling in recent xpacs, from all the new tamers and achievements and vendor rewards to the new dungeons. I have a suggestion about how to make it even better. Leveling alts with pet battles is, of course, already a thing. It's primarily useful at 85+, since the XP gain is most efficient post-Pandaria, when the availability of wild pets at level 25 also makes it an excellent point to level pets up to maximum. Unfortunately, this means if players want to level toons with pet battles before 85, they have to resort to hackish methods Blizz doesn't seem to approve of, by visiting zones well before they're supposed to be there. It also makes the spots in these zones ideal for this sort of thing a little crowded on well populated servers. My suggestion is that pet battles should be presented to new players as a legitimate means of leveling beyond just the occasional pet tamer daily against common pets or wild pets at very low levels. Setting aside alts for a moment, new players have access to leveled pets now either through friends or the AH (Tokens eliminated any gold barrier to acquiring them). Pet battling is a fun and satisfying aspect of WoW that could appeal to players alongside the questing and dungeon mechanics, which are frankly not as satisfying in a lot of well-known ways. How about adding a few areas around the starting zones, and possibly other Vanilla areas, with some fast-spawning level 25 pets, that newbies and lowbies could use for leveling through pet battling? There could be a rabbit warren in Dun Morogh, a spider's nest in Tirasfal Glades, a pool of snails in Darkshore, etc. This would not only provide leveling opportunities to new and altaholic players, but more advanced players might go there to farm rares for useful wild pets. This would encourage social interaction between new and advanced players. They would be natural gathering places for PVP battles. Breadcrumb quests for pet dungeons could be offered, etc. I think this one small addition could make the pet battling game something enjoyed by all levels of players together, not just at or near end-game.Songya8 4d
5d Good pet battle add-ons Hi, Can anyone recommend good add-ons for battling & collecting pets? Thanks!Printemps11 5d
5d can my kids pet battle each other? i just got my kids (7 and 9) their own wow accounts all they want to do is pet battle, great but i can not find a way for both of them to be able to battle each other, they are too young to play vs other people yet i am looking at guides but none of them really tell me about this scenario (or i'm just blind) please help me out, do they have to have their pet at max level ? do they have to have 3 pet slot open ? what are the minimum req (if any) to friendly pet battle ? thank you EDIT: RANT: you would think with pet battles being a major entry point for young gamers, this would be easier to do.Dagome6 5d
5d Ban-Fu, Cub of Ban-Lu after 7.3 Has anyone got Ban-Fu, Cub of Ban-Lu after 7.3? There's apparently a bug where you can't get it even if you have the Power Ascended achievement, but there's doesn't really seem to be much posted about it beyond "there's a bug". Is it affecting everyone? It is just players who got Power Ascended after 7.3?Guyronic3 5d
6d Best PVP pet battle teams? I want to see what everyone feels are the best pet battle teams out there currently with the new releases of pets.Dilàudid28 6d
6d Glory of the Tomb Raider - U.S. Horde http://openraid.zergid.com/events/view/308104 This is a direct link for U.S. Horde sign-ups. A 3 hour time frame has been blocked off on Saturday, October 14th from 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. EST. Level 110 is required and we will shoot for 900+ item level. If you have not familiarized yourself with Tomb of Sargeras yet please do so before signing up by completing/reading/viewing: • Raid finder • Wowhead Guides: https://www.wowhead.com/tomb-of-sargeras-raid-guides • Achievement Guides: https://www.wowhead.com/glory-of-the-tomb-raider-guide • Fatboss Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu3dsh6Bc2HWdI7T1z2CdYjNzl9p6QH1M We will be using Discord. You do not have to speak but you have to be able to hear and follow directions. We will need 3 tanks for several of the achievements as well. Questions, comments, concerns can be directed to Kelly#12973.Kelly8 6d
6d PSA: Super Squirt Clipped Short If you were planning on leveling against Super Squirt during the morning hours before reset, be advised there is scheduled maintenance from 5am to 1pm PDT on Tuesday morning.Songya5 6d
6d Minfernal Help Well, here I am, after trying for two years to get this guy. I would like to finish the Argus family pet achievement, and a few strats I have run across use the Minfernal. That, and I would like to finish up the Zookeeper title this winter. I've tried everything and have not seen hide nor hair (err, rock nor flame) of him, outside of some lucky schmuck showing off a newly-captured one in town. Any tips? I'm a little bummed at this point at just how damned hard he is to get. Tried all of the strategies I've come across, including a new server DK, and nada.Sylvanara14 6d
Oct 15 Is there an addon... That allows me to simply mouse over a wild pet to see the rarity on it and its team mates?, i'm getting tired of clicking a pet then forfeiting then doing that over and over again until i find the rare pet i'm looking for.Daffodil3 Oct 15
Oct 15 Your Best Pet Name(s) There doesn't seem to be a thread on this anywhere in the first few pages, so I decided to start one. What's the best name you've given to any of your non-combat pets? As for me, either my sanity is impaired because it's 1AM, or I've been hit with a stroke of inspiration, because I just named my clouded hedgehog Quillidan Stormrage. :D (Actually "Quillidanstrmrge" due to technical limitations. Closest I could get, sadly.)Icpitl51 Oct 15
Oct 14 Looking for Black Tabby Cat Anyone willing to help me out? Can't afford AH prices and need it for the crazy cat lady title. If anyone is willing or has an extra let me know; also the cat can be caged once learned.Ashearah6 Oct 14
Oct 14 Team Presets I just started getting into pet battles, and sorting through the list of pets to find 2 that compliment the 'main' pet you want to use on any given fight is easily the most off-putting aspect of the system. As the list grows it will only become more annoying. Being able to make 5-10 teams that we can save and switch out with a single click would be a huge QoL improvement.Extingra2 Oct 14
Oct 13 Maximum pets limit 1,000? Does anyone know if Blizzard has plans to increase the maximum pet limit beyond 1,000? Really why have a limit at all? You can only have 3 of any one pet so the max should be the total number of pets in the game x 3.Wushuxiong16 Oct 13
Oct 13 What happened to the bonus XP? It seems like the bonus XP for this weeks event is spotty and much less than I have received before. A lv6 carry pet that is the sole survivor of a lev 25 trio battle only reached level 10. I can remember last month on the same fights taking level 1 to 4 pets in and getting 10+ levels. Am I imagining this or does anyone else think there has been an adjustment in the amount received?Emohohen7 Oct 13
Oct 12 pets for auction on barthilas LOTS Pets up for Auction in Barthilas Auction house starting at 1 silverTahamoot0 Oct 12
Oct 12 My dragonhawk hatchling wont fight So my dragonhawk hatchling doesnt fight, and whenever i try to capture a pet it dies after 1 strike. I have no idea what im doingCardid4 Oct 12
Oct 12 Guide To Creating PvP Pet Battle Teams Note: the most updated version of this guide can be found here: http://pvppetbattles.com/guides/creating-a-team/ Discodoggy’s Guide To Creating A PvP Team Lately I have seen more threads asking how to get started in Pet Battle PvP. I figured rather than respond to each of them individually I would make this guide. Pet battle PvP is quite different from PvE. When facing the trainers you know exactly what move sets they have and often the sequence in which they perform these moves. In PvP you will be facing a thinking opponent and you have no idea what type of team you will be facing. Creating teams to face these thinking opponents can be a daunting task. What is the purpose of this guide? This guide is intended primarily for people who already collect and have leveled pets from each family and would like to start PvPing at max level (which is 25 at the time of writing). Choosing your team is a huge part, perhaps the most important part of being successful in PvP. The goal after reading this is for you to be able to create your own viable PvP teams. What this guide isn’t. It is not a leveling guide. It is not a pet battle PvE guide. It is not a how to PvP guide. The actual act of pet battle PvPing will be up to you to learn after you create your team. This isn’t a guide on how to make a team that will steam roll every other team you encounter. It’s here to get new PvP battlers started making their own teams. What are my qualifications? I was a pet collector before MoP and one of the most anticipated parts of the new expansion for me was pet battling. You mean I can actually use these little guys that I’ve been spending absurd amounts of gold on? Awesome! I started PvP pet battling on day one of MoP. I pet battle every day that I play WoW. At the time of writing this I have around 2,900 PvP wins. I know this doesn’t necessarily make me “good”, but it does make me experienced. One of my favorite parts of pet battles is putting together pets that work well with one another to form competitive teams. I would like to share some of my methods. Preliminaries Before getting started there are a few important facts that you need to know. If you have already done some pet battling then you probably already know this. I have included it nevertheless. Preliminary Knowledge A: Families Pets are classified into 10 families. In order to PvP you need to understand the strengths and weaknesses of each family. Every pet and every attack has a family classification. If an attack is strong against another pet then it does 150% of its normal damage. If an attack is weak against another pet then it does 66% of its normal damage. A major part of being successful in pet PvP is using strong attacks against your opponents. Listed below is each family, what it is strong against and what it is weak against. Humanoid is strong against Dragonkin but weak against Beast Dragonkin is strong against Magic but weak against Undead Magic is strong against Flying but weak against Mechanical Flying is strong against Aquatic but weak against Dragonkin Aquatic is strong against Elemental but weak against Magic Elemental is strong against Mechanical but weak against Critter Mechanical is strong against Beast but weak against Elemental Beast is strong against Critter but weak against Flying Critter is strong against Undead but weak against Humanoid Undead is strong against Humanoid but weak against Aquatic Note that a pet may have attacks from a different family. For example, a Bat from the flying family has flying, undead, and beast attacks. While I have heard the terms used differently in other games, this is the way I will use the following terms: Hard counter - This pet’s moves are strong against you. My Emperor Crab is a hard counter to your Fel Flame (elemental) because my Surge (aquatic attack) is strong against you. Soft counter - Your attacks are weak against this pet. My Arctic Hare (critter) is a soft counter to your Fel Flame because your elemental attack is weak against me. Double counter - Your attacks are weak against this pet and this pet’s moves are strong against you. My Shimmershell Snail is a Double Counter to your Fel Flame (elemental) because I have an aquatic attack (Dive) which is strong against you and I am a critter, so your elemental attacks are weak against me.Discodoggy45 Oct 12
Oct 10 Sign of the Critter I'm used to seeing a little squirrel icon beside my minimap denoting that it's Pet Battle Bonus Week. I don't have one, though. Is anyone else seeing it? Is everyone getting the XP buff? The event has started, right?Songya2 Oct 10
Oct 9 Pet Battle Dungeon Bugs and Ideas. I am starting to do the pet battle dungeons and I notice some bugs. I will talk about the bugs and then the ideas to make better pet battle dungeons in the future. First bug I ever saw was the trash pausing randomly. The first time that happened I actually logged off. It gets annoying waiting for them to continue. Another bug I noticed was with the crabs in the dead mines. They had a bug were there speed was randomly changed to somewhere over 13'000. Now the ideas. First idea is make bosses have no trash more often like in the dead mines. Pet Battle Dungeons can get hard and I think we should have less trash on the bosses, since dungeons can take ages with them making you lose. If you have the same problem feel free to share it. If you are a person working for blizzard please work on patching these bugs.Siamilhent2 Oct 9
Oct 9 Can't pet battle in someone elses garri now? Hi all, So I have some lower level toons that I have tried to pet battle in other peoples garrisons (squirt day) with and the pet battle arena is empty for my chars. Is this happening to anyone else? The one variable is the person isn't in their garrison at the time, but I don't remember this ever being an issue in the past?Missunknown9 Oct 9
Oct 9 Your opponent in PVP When you see your opponent in the Pet PVP BG, is that what they look like in the game, or is it just an random character Blizzard fills in?Baadboy9 Oct 9