Pet Battles

Apr 29 Pet Battles: FAQs, Links, Macros, & Addons Index: FAQs: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423#2 Basic information on the Pet Battle system -Basic Questions and Getting Started http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#2 -Maintaining Your Collection http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#3 -Pet Rarity and Family http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#4 -Pet Battles http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#5 -Wild Pets http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#7 -Quests, Pet Leveling, and Pet XP http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#9 -Theorycrafting http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#10 -Multiple WoW Accounts http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#11 -Pet Battle Stones http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#12 Links: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#14 Places around the web that are full of helpful information Macros: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#16 Key-bind your way to pet battle awesomeness! Addons: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6714292423?page=1#18 Because sometimes the Blizzard UI just isn't enough ******************************************************************* Thanks to: Blizzard for adding Pet Battles Lithuen (Kilrogg), Nullberri (Lightbringer), Simca (Malfurion), Shalura (Anvilmar), Aieny (Medivh), Lilfrier (Mannoroth), Rescind (Lightning's Blade), Stryph (Anvilmar), Wrelch (Wyrmrest Accord), Twixi (Garrosh), Elderbrand (Anvilmar), Layton (Wyrmrest Accord), Tgwaste (Korialstrasz), Vasala (Baelgun), Warla (Dragonmaw), Chainheal (Kael'thas), Falinari (Medivh), Tlym (Netherstorm), Jaede (Dalaran) for contributing directly or posting some great information that I've compiled here. **************************************************************** Change log: 26Sep2012 – first version (and various edits through-out the day) 28Sep2012 – added some additional information/editing, changed title from Index of Available Pet Battle Information to Pet Battles: FAQs, Links, Macros, & Addons 29Sep2012 – Re-organized to allow space for more FAQs; re-organized FAQs; added general topics to FAQs 16Oct2012 – Added an upcoming Patch Notes section (going to see how this works out) 01Dec2012 – Updated to reflect 5.1 changes; added Bug section to upcoming Patch Notes Section 19Dec2012 – Updated to correct typos and 5.1 hotfixes (RIP alt-f4'ing) 22Dec2012 – Updated with 5.2 PTR notes 16Jan2014 -- Using some of my free game time Blizzard sent me to clean up some outdated sections 17Mar2016 -- Updated to reflect WoD changes 03Aug2016 -- Updated to reflect 7.0 changes and upcoming Legion changesPhaedra188 Apr 29
Sep 24 BFA: Unlocking Vendors/Pets Many BFA vendor pets have prerequisites before they show up on the listed vendor. Some vendors also require extra steps to have them appear. Here's a consolidated list of those vendors and vendor pets. Wowhead links for quests can be found on the same guide on my blog: https://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/2018/08/battle-for-azeroth-unlocking-vendors.html VENDORS Nigel Rifthold (A) Note: You do not have to do the quest chain to "save" Nigel before completing the process below. Head to Anyport (western coast of Drustvar) Buy 10 Tirasreli Gourmet Chocolate from Xun Xun Sweetflower Travel to 52,31 in Drustvar (west of Fallhaven, just above the "F" in the name) Climb up a hill and enter a tree house Loot the chest that's inside if you haven't already Click on the chest a second time (consumes the chocolates), Nigel will appear and be a vendor. Shoak (H & A) Horde - Complete quests: "Killing Cannibals", "Just Say No to Cannibalism" and "Shoak's on the Menu" to get this NPC to appear in Gloom Hollow, Nazmir. Alliance - Head to 55,36 and find Kajosh. Complete the quest chain. Shoak will appear in the Horde camp, Gloom Hallow (Alliance can interact with him, but you'll agro the camp). Alternatively, Alliance can purchase the same pets (once unlocked) from Blind Wunja. Jenoh (H) Complete the quest chain that starts with "A Lost Flute" -------------------------------------------- VENDOR PETS Ranishu Runt - sold by Jenoh (H) Complete Jenoh's quest chain, "Charging the Batteries", and "Ranishu Are Resources" Accursed Hexxer - sold by Shoak (H) OR Blind Wunja (A & H) Complete the quest "An Ancient Curse" Swamp Toad - sold by Shoak (H) Complete the "Torga's Eternal Return" storyline, which then opens the quest chain that begins with "To Gloom Hollow" Lil' Tika - sold by Happy Holaua (H) Complete the quest "Lil' Tika" Lil' Ben'fon - sold by Happy Holaua (H) Complete Cala Cruzpot's quest chain Child of Jani - sold by Happy Holaua (H & A) Earn the "Get Hek'd" achievement Mechanical Prairie Dog - sold by Dana Pull (A) Complete the quest chain that starts with "An Explosive Opportunity" Greatwing Macaw - sold by Dana Pull (A) Complete the quest "Rodrigo's Revenge" Smoochums - sold by Nigel Rifthold (A & H) Complete Abby Lewis' quest chain Frenzied Cottontail - sold by Nigel Rifthold (A) Kill the Cottontail Matron rare elite Drustvar Piglet - sold by Nigel Rifthold (A) Complete the quests at Carver's Harbor, Drustvar, ending with "Cured Ham"Quintessence14 Sep 24
Sep 21 Updated - Pets to Complete Achievements Several years ago I wrote a guide outlining the “minimum” pets needed to get all the achievements. Since then, a lot of achievements have been added, and some pets have changed. You can see the original guide here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/18300093791 First, a few helpful tips: Always do the special pet PVP weekly quest when it is up. This can be done on multiple toons, and provides an instant-level-25 token. You can do [Family Brawler] along the way! Always do the current dailies/WQs. In legion, these WQ were limited in number, but provided massive XP (when leveling pets) and a chance for good rewards. Note: All of the pet trainers in Pandaria can be defeated with only an Emerald Proto-Whelp and Anubisath Idol, which makes the route perfect for leveling pets. There are faster ways to level, but this option has the lowest barrier to entry for new players that I have seen. Always complete your garrison menagerie dailies. These will provide you with a constant stream of tokens to increase the quality/levels on pets you need. Start running old raids to get "raiding with leashes" achievements asap - some notable pets include: corefire and fiendish imps, anubisath idol, chrominius, and boneshard. Some of these can be purchased on the AH for pretty cheap too. In Legion, we had “Boon of the Zookeeper” which is an enchant that would make mobs randomly drop useful items such as pet charms, XP boosts, etc. I am writing this before BFA, but always keep your eye out for stuff like this in every xpac. Make sure you have a Terrible Turnip! He has “Weakening Blow” which cannot kill, so it is great for collecting pets you need in low level zones. No other pet has an ability like this.The List Unlike my previous guide, I will only list what I consider to be essential pets. There are now way too many important pets to list in one place, but the ones below you will 100% need many times in your pet battling life. Pets marked with ** have been nerfed in BFA prepatch. They are ranked based on their pre-nerf value - time will tell if these get knocked down a notch. I included my own opinion on whether the nerf appears hard or soft. A++ Pets: Terrible Turnip (weakening blow cannot kill, so it's perfect for collecting low-level pets) Ikky Unborn Val’kyr** (soft nerf PVE, hard nerf PVP) Iron Starlette Nexus Whelpling Zandalari Anklerender and Kneebiter Anubisath Idol Teroclaw Hatchling** (situational nerf, worst case this guy is an A+ pet still) Emerald Proto-Whelp Mechanical Pandaren DragonlingA+ Pets Bone Serpent** (hard nerf, probably not viable anymore) Crow and/or Gilnean Raven** (hard nerf? I’m not sure) Darkmoon Zeppelin Clockwork Gnome P/P Emperor Crab Chrominius Darkmoon Tonk Nether Faerie Dragon Netherspace Abyssal and/or Minfernal Kun-lai Runt Any Moth Any Frog Eternal Strider Enchanted Broom Corefire Imp Infected Squirrel Gulp Froglet Lil’ Bling Rapana Whelk (or equivalent snail) Xu Fu Pandaren Water Spirit Three S/S BunniesJeack11 Sep 21
Sep 26, 2012 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Pet Battles forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss Pet Battles with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Nethaera0 Sep 26, 2012
1d After the basics - pet teams? I'm getting the hang of pet battles. Thank you all for the advice so far. I have a pretty good set of pets leveled to 25. Question: what teams do you have? Right now I seem to use two teams - one if my 'best' team that I use for just winning fights and one if my 'capture' team that has Grumpy for snagging wild pets. I do not have a good handle on which pets work on which other types best, etc Do you have a 'Kul Tiras' set because you tend to face aquatic and critter in Kul Tiras so you have pets strong against that? Do you organize them that way? Or is there a magic 3 pets that best everything? I also need two strong pets to pair with the low level pet I am leveling - do you have a favorite setup for that? Or am I totally off and you use pets a different way? Thanks! PS: I use several of the most popular Add Ons like Rematch but if you have any that are essential please let me know.Paishiya5 1d
1d Sandstorms, Snowstorms.etc. Does anyone know ho often the storms are active? Every day? Every week? Don't hold your breath? I've also read to try realm hopping, but I'm not sure how to do this other than using Group Finder. I don't want to do this because it seems unfair to the rest of the group.Pheonia6 1d
1d Coldlight Surfrunner Has anyone seen this specific pet at all? Theory says it's connected to murloc rares but it can be traded and i have not seen a single one available anywhere.Zunde58 1d
1d Baa'l Found! WoW Secrets Discord discovered how to collect Baa'l. https://warcraft-secrets.com/the-hivemind-secret-mount-progress/ TLDR; 14 step process, finding hidden pebbles on Kul Tiras & Zandalar in the correct order, need Uuna (with her wand, so need to have completed her follow-up storyline) summoned out or at least someone nearby with this version of Uuna summoned out, battle Baa'l NPC and collect the pet.Quintessence34 1d
1d Any Store-Purchased Pets worth it? There's a bunch of pets available in the store. For "serious" pet battlers, are any of them worth spending $10 on? Any very valuable additions that are a must have? Thanks.Krellthor20 1d
1d Baa'l Missing From His Spot Ive been standing here and trying to relog and everything I can think of. Ive tried looking in different places in the area and other players have been standing around here, as well. What am I doing wrong? I have the world tour Uuna and went through the pebbles. I know Baa'l has the other bug about Uuna not debuffing him, but Baa'l isn't even here.Crossed1 1d
1d Odd inconsistency that really irks me Anyone else find it odd that pets and their related achievements and related rewards can be tracked account wide, but it's "too hard" to have bandages, treats, or currencies account wide in the Pet Journal? Yes, those things are account bound and can be mailed, but seriously... seriously.Sargeria3 1d
1d Can you get pets from an IE if you don't win? All the examples I've seen of getting pets are from victories. Is it possible to get them if the other side wins?Xerianaa3 1d
1d Coldlight Surfrunner this week Ok people. We need as many people as possible running Island Expeditions this week to do a final check on if the Coldlight Surfrunner pet drop is bugged. This weeks "Old Gods" addition to invasions is the final addition, as well as Murlocs being the primary mob on one of the islands. If enough people spam Expeditions today and tomorrow, we should know by Thursday for sure. Happy hunting all and see you on the IE's.Prometheium6 1d
2d LF Darmoon Zeplin LF Lvl 25 Darkmoon Zeplin. Will give a Lvl 1 Azure Whelpling. Any server / FactionBluntmàn2 2d
2d Has anyone level 110-120 with pet battles? Has anyone level 110-120 with pet battles? How was it compared to questing?Ladygrim20 2d
2d Looking for Creepy Crawler Garrison. I'm looking for a creepy crawler decorated garrison so i can catch the 3 ghost pets. If anyone still has one please shoot me a message. Btag: Gingersnap#1583Gingiesnap3 2d
2d Restless Shadeling Has anyone been able to catch one of these recently? I've tried checking the past two nights, the first night at midnight server time on my realm, the second night a little after midnight PST, and both nights there's nothing. I also logged back in at around 6 CST and still none. I have my minimap tracking turned on so it's not like I'm missing them, there's just no pawprints. Could there be some sort of weird phasing issue because of my level, or something else I'm missing...?Aedie5 2d
2d ICYMI: New Forums will be here on Tuesday https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22764995 Megathreads, Guides, and Stickied Posts will not migrate - copy and save them if they're worth keeping - and re-post later this week!Neall12 2d
2d Guide to Squirt - Regular Up 09-26 Note: She does not spawn until after dailies reset for that day and stays up until they reset the next day. Dates: Regular Squirt: Tues, Wed, - Sept 11, 26 Thurs, Fri - Oct 11, 26 Sun, Nov 25 Mon, Dec 10 Super Squirt Nov 10, 2018 - Saturday Dec 25, 2018 - Tuesday Who/What is Squirt? Squirt is a repeatable Pet Battle Trainer on the Warlords Garrison rotation that gives reasonable pet and player experience. When, Squirt rotates in during Pet Battle Bonus week she can take a pet from 1-25 in 2 fights, if the player uses the Safari Hat or Lesser Pet Treat. To take full advantage you want: An exp buff (a Safari hat toy or treats bought with charms), pet bandages (optional), a team that can carry a level pet (suggestions below) and access to a Garrison with a pet building, lvl 3 if you want the extra one-time quest. Squirt spawns according to the daily reset. Garrison Faq Grouping: You can join another person's garrison if you do not have your own or the pet building. Join the group, fly/ride/walk into the garrison. If you aren't there, go back outside. Right click your name and pick View Party Leader's Garrison and walk back in. If the leader leaves their garrison it will port everyone out or back to their own garrisons! Alt Experience: The exp is the same in a raid. You can bring very low levels but getting them there is your challenge. My alt went from 102 to 109 last Holiday. Getting there: WoD can be reached by mage portal, summons or an underwater cave at Timeless Isle. Sit at the bonfire, click it and it will port you to Gorgrond. Coordinates 65/74. Supplies: There is a vendor with pet treats and a pet healer but a stack of bandages will still come in handy. Popular Teams: (Full strats in next post) Team 1 (Average Time 1:45) - Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (crafted)/Level 6+ Pet/Ghostly Skull (Vendor, Dalaran) Team 2 (Average Time 1:25) - S/S Bronze Whelping (drop)/ Widget the Departed (holiday vendor)/ Level 1+ Pet. Spectral Cub can replace WIdget Team 3 (Average Time 2:10) - Enchanted Broom (Horde Argent Tourney Vendor/BMAH)/ Weebomination (WOD Pet Supply Bag)/ Lvl 1+ Pet Team 4 (Average Time 1:35) - Enchanted Broom (Horde Argent Tourney Vendor/BMAH)/ Boneshard (Wrath Icecrown Raid Drop)/ Lvl 1+ Pet Buffs and Exp Totals: Safari Hat (10% exp) - Toy(acheivement reward for defeating 40 master tamers) Super Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 17 Super Fight 2: Lvl 17 pet: 17 -> 25 Regular Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 11 Regular Fight 2: Lvl 11 pet: 11 -> ?? Pet Treat (50% exp, stacks)- Vendor, 10 Pet Charms or 1 Celestial Coin. Lio the Lioness or Serra'ah. Does not refresh! Must remove buff to apply new treat! Super Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 18 Super Fight 2: Lvl 18 pet: 18 -> 25 Regular Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> ?? Lesser Pet Treat (25% exp, stacks)- Vendor, 10 Pet Charms or 1 Celestial Coin. Lio the Lioness or Serra'ah. Does not refresh! Must remove buff to apply new treat! Super Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 18 Super Fight 2: Lvl 18 pet: 18 -> 25 Stacked Buffs Both Pet Treats: Super Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 19 Super Fight 2: Lvl 19 pet: 19 -> 25 Regular Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> ?? Both Pet Treats and Safari Hat: Super Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 19 Super Fight 2: Lvl 19 pet: 19 -> 25 Regular Fight 1: Lvl 1 pet: 1 -> 14 Regular Fight 2: Lvl 14 pet: 14 -> 20 Regular Fight 3: Lvl 20 pet: 20 -> 24 Regular Fight 4: Lvl 24 pet: 24 -> 25 Both Pet Treats and Safari Hat, lowest possible Pet to 25: Super Fight 1: Lvl 13 pet: 13 -> 24.9 Regular Fight 1: Lvl 22 pet: 22 -> 24.98 Boon of the Zookeeper (Shoulder enchant) - Draemus, New Dalaran Pet Shop Vendor. 160-200g depending on Kirin Tor Rep. No reputation needed to apply, can be used on alts under 110 leveling in Legion. Pile of Pet Goodies drops from mobs which contain random items such as Pet Charms, Battle Stones, Lesser Pet Treats, Bandages. Add ons: Rematch Rematch lets you create Teams for pet Trainers and create a leveling Queue that will swap in pets when you're done leveling with a previous one. Very handy! Pet Journal Enhanced or Battle Pet BreedID Adds "hidden" info such as what breed pets are. BattlePetBinds Custom keybinds TDBattlePetScript and the Rematch Plugin Custom scripts for pet battles.Vhale114 2d
2d Super Squirt Day How many pets did you level from 1-25? I was trying to keep count, but think I got around 43. I am sure some did over 100. Let's hear your number!Spicypickle0 2d
4d Meat to Pet Transmute stinks. I have three alchemist and for the third week in a row, i get a stupid common pet. 0-9 great RNG Blizzard. Don't want to get a ban so I won't say what I am thinking, but you can theorize what it might be.Fenril66 4d
4d Underwater battle pets? Whats the trick to doing pet battles underwater in Krackenbane Cove, Tiragarde Sound, Kul Tiras? There are dozens of pet battles down there, and we get the neat breathing helmet buff down there but when I try to engage in a pet battle I get the error "Pet battle area obstructed".Peapöd9 4d
4d A tool for finding substitute battle pets I wrote a small online tool for finding battle pets that you can substitute for each other. So if a guide or comment says "I used an Elfin Rabbit with Dodge and Burrow, but any rabbit will work", you can use the tool to get a list of Critters with Dodge and Burrow. For example: https://i.imgur.com/LOyW3od.png If you don't want to restrict the search by pet family, there's a toggle for that. For example, the Elfin Rabbit search done without family restriction also includes the Core Hound Pup. https://i.imgur.com/3Sz4FkH.png If you're trying to help someone, you can link them a search. The syntax is: https://battlepets.github.io/?PETNAME;SKILLSET PETNAME can use spaces or underscores. SKILLSET is the 3 digits that people commonly use to describe the skills on a pet, such as 012, 202, 1x2, ??1, etc. Any character other than 1 or 2 counts as a 0. So searching for a substitute for an Elfin Rabbit with Dodge and Burrow, could be linked as: https://battlepets.github.io/?Elfin_Rabbit;021 https://battlepets.github.io/?Elfin Rabbit;x21 The tool is rather bare-bones at the moment. It doesn't have tooltips or anything, but does provide links to Wowhead. I have a few ideas for improvements, but wanted to do a proof-of-concept and see if anyone finds it useful. I've tested it in Chrome and Firefox on a desktop and my mobile phone. It looks squished on my phone, but still works if you zoom in. /shrugHeartblossom8 4d
4d Unlimited Pet Leveling with Sir Galveston Sir Galveston is a pet master in Dalaran - Broken Isles who periodically appears for a world quest. He's great for leveling an arbitrary number of pets, for the following reasons: Sir Galveston remains after the world quest is done and can be fought repeatedly, leveling as many pets as you wish. The carry pet takes no damage, so pets of any level can be carried. The required pets are fairly inexpensive and easy to obtain, assuming you have revered status with Court of Farondis in Legion. Rewards significant pet XP, even for a level 24 carry pet. Disclaimer: The first part of this strategy comes from this guide: ... Lineup: 1. Court Scribe (P/S) (1/2/2) 2. Carry Pet 3. Scourged Whelpling (P/S) (x/1/2) Note that substitutions aren't really possible, as this strategy relies on specific abilities and combinations of abilities. I recommend using the P/S breed for Scourged Whelpling instead of the H/H breed. Fight Instructions/Strategy: Court Scribe: Curse of Doom [1] Arcane Blast <Coach swaps in before it goes off> Amplify Magic [2] <enemy flies up high before it goes off> Arcane Blast until Coach is dead [3] Sir Murkeston swaps in [4] Arcane Blast <Greatest Foe swaps in before it goes off> Arcane Blast <you die before it goes off> Carry Pet: Swap in carry pet Swap in Scourged Whelpling [5] Scourged Whelpling: Call Darkness [6] Dreadful Breath until all enemies are dead [7] Notes: 1. This will do nearly 1500 damage to Sir Murkeston while he's swapped out. It's essentially a one-shot. 2. Do this for two reasons: (1) Coach will fly high and can't be hit, and (2) this will also boost the Curse of Doom damage when it goes off. 3. Sir Murkeston takes Curse of Doom hit in the background on the same round Coach dies. Leaves him with minimal health or kills him outright for a critical hit. 4. Or Greatest Foe if Sir Murkeston died, but that doesn't change what you do. 5. Note that because you swap the carry pet in after a death, it can swap out immediately while still getting XP but without taking damage This would not be the case if you swapped in/out at a different time. 6. While this reduces accuracy, causing Dreadful Breath to occasionally miss, the damage done and the healing denied make it worth using. 7. This will kill Sir Murkeston while he's swapped out.Cmdrtaco33 4d
4d Power leveling low level pets I'm sorry if this is a dumb question or it has been answered elsewhere .. I've been looking around but can't seem to find an answer. Maybe it's obvious and I'm just not getting it. I'm very new to pet battles and pet collecting. I've read about a common strategy to power level low level pets with a team of two high level pets. The low level pet is in for one round, does it's thing, you switch it out and finish the battle with the high level pets. My question is .. during that first round that the low level pet is in, how do you keep it from dying since you need it to be alive at the end in order to get XP? It seems to always die to the very first attack before I am able to switch it out. Is there a minimum level for this strategy ? I've been using level 1 - 5 pets. If level 1 -5 is too low, what's a good way to level a pet up from scratch, aside from the stones you can buy with pet charms? Thanks for reading and helping a noob pet battler out! :)Xëna17 4d
5d Can't battle Pet Tamers So did the first 5-6 quests for pet battling but can no longer face any of the pet tamers. I beat Cassandra Kaboom and turned in " A Tamer's Homecoming" to Varzok where he even says "Now that you've had a real chance to hone your skills, you're ready to venture out into the world of pet battles in full.", but any of the other tamers I go to don't have the option to battle. After looking at wowhead it says Varzok should've given me a quest to continue my battles but he doesn't have it when I talk to him. Is this a bug or am I just missing something?Vgibackpack3 5d
5d Looking for Black Tabby Cat Anyone willing to help me out? Can't afford AH prices and need it for the crazy cat lady title. If anyone is willing or has an extra let me know; also the cat can be caged once learned.Ashearah10 5d
5d Pet Charm Currency Changes I was asked to post here, as I think the post was in wrong channel, so I am posting parts here to supply a summation of that post: I appreciate the honest answer and I do get it. Just trying to state that I checked all patch notes released by Blizzard in Launcher. Pre-Launch Notes also... I like the pets thing in WoW and I enjoy doing it. So, I search all notes I see delivered by Blizzard in regards to Pet changes. I also get that it's is a silly thing to most WoW players, why it's referred to as Pokemon in game etc. So, they make fun of it, etc. All good, I'm not an Elitist Raider / PVP'er. I play a game after a long day and enjoy this aspect of it. But, when I log in after the Pre-Patch and see something that says, Polished Pet Charms, I start googling it and find Blizzard has changed the Currency of Pets in game, without any notifications IN Launcher. If I am now required to search Google and all 3rd party sights to get info about a currency change that Blizzard is making, whom I pay to play, seems underhanded and sneaky. If they had done this with regards to some PVP/Elitist raider things, more would be upset. But since it is just Pokemon.. who cares? Done, my bad for not searching the internet in regards to changes. I'll start doing it asap. I thought I could depend on Blizzard itself to be notified of changes. I now have 10K Shiny Pet Charms which are useless, and I would have bought upgrade things if I had known about this change. Thanks again. -------- Thanks for the clarification. Just a note, I am a retired old fart who plays this game because his granddaughter got him hooked. I love the game and I really enjoy the Pet thing as it's more my speed. I don't have a huge amount of web capabilities and therefore depend on the launcher to provide 99% of my game knowledge. If I see something in game, I will search for it. But I do not have the whatever it is called, to search and find unknown changes. So, that's why I feel betrayed. :-( I just did not know it was coming, until I noticed in achievements the polished pet charms one. ------------ Support person sent this: Understandable, Glamigue, I'm sorry the information didn't get to you. I would highly recommend providing that feedback to our Devs. Posting in the Pet Battle discussion forum would probably be the best category.Glamigue15 5d
5d Weekly battle pets question. So this week is the pet battle weekly that rewards a lvl 25 stone. I just noticed you can only do it once per account ? All other weeklys are doable on multiple characters. Pretty lame or am I missing something ?Woodstôck14 5d
5d Squirt is up NOW!11/10 Hello, i want to make a very obvious post to say SQUIRT IS UP NOW! at least in the Winterhoof/Kilrogg realms. She is in the Draenor garrison and will be there untill 10:00 tomorrow morning. if you have pets to level, you don't want to miss this. Garrisons will likely be posted in group finder.Llars0 5d
5d Beating Baa'l without Uuna doesn't give pet. I just defeated Baa'l hardcore mode without Uunas help, but didn't receive the pet. Appearently you really do need Uuna to get the pet. My team to defeating Baa'l hard mode, Mini Mindslayerx2 and Transmutant, any team of all magical pets with life exchange should work. Magic pets can't take more than 35% health from a single attack, so I just rotated them through constantly using life exchange to get them back up to full health until Baa'l was around 700hp than finished him off with mana surge.Hodor15 5d
5d Blizzcon pet Is this the first blizzcon that we don't get a wowpet from attending/ buying the digital ticket?Veganbeef7 5d
5d Shiny Pet charms made me quit for a while.. I am taking a break from the game I am a little frustrated I had 227 shiny pet charms was going to turn them in now blizz changed to polished pet charms are you going to remove the garrison's in the draneor expansion? I am sorry I still liked all the old contentMelchisadek35 5d
5d Horde Pet Guild I'm looking for a good pet guild, one that would run islands and do more pet related stuff. I'd be willing to transfer servers. My guild has been pretty dead the last two xpacs.Doggler0 5d
6d Pet Battle Tournament Good Morning all. I will be hosting a monthly pet battle tournament. If interested send a btag to Beerbringer#1738 Make a new alliance char on BlackwaterRaiders server. I will bring you into the guild Servants of Demidos and you can see the monthly calendar invite. Will be held on a Saturday best 2 out of 3 single elimination. 1 place will be any pet charm pet you want I will buy it turn it blue and level it to 25 2 place will be a level 25 blue Servant of Demidos 3 rd place will be a level 25 blue Iron Starlet. You can reply here with your btag and I will add you when I get home from work. Thanks for checking this out.Zasmodan18 6d
6d Major Payne is a pain hey pet fighters - I'm basically a new player in wow and have been enjoying pet battles up until I had to battle Major Payne. I have tried many combos:- 1. Dragonbone Condor, 2. Snail, and 3. Pandaren Fire Spirit. I tried involving my mechanical clockwork gnome, my Anubisath, mechanical pandaren and many more. I've watched vids on this and followed what other players have used ie. the 1,2,3, mentioned above. The white bear have ridiculous healing and power, the mech bird that follows has ridiculous power. Can anyone guide me through this because I will not be able to move to the next level. It seems strange to me that all BP masters have all been fairly manageable, but this guy... HEEEELLLLLPPPP:)Theoddorian11 6d
6d how do I update my [Shiny Pet Charm]? how do I update my [Shiny Pet Charm]? if you had made such a change known before hand then we as player could made adjustments for such. Yet you made changes without notice I mean let people who are playing the game know by making notice in the game not on web site that many not go to or if they do it is for other reasons. Do right go back and give players a chance to keep up with changes you make. While I understand that you make the right to make changes without notice. I think it would be it would be good customer relations to inform all customers of upcoming changes. And not hide changes on website that many do not read.Firehot43 6d
6d Request: Better wording on pet abilities! I would like clearer ability descriptions like Hearthstone uses! I'm finally stepping into pet PvP for the cute dino and I'm realizing that a lot of abilities are vaguely worded, somewhat like the Score TCG DBZ and not nearly as fine tuned as Hearthstone or MTG. The latter two bold keywords so it becomes clear that this triggers that. The DBZ TCG had over 20 pages of errata, often with cards that were just released, and most of changes were word clarifications. ... Does this count as attack 3 times for 59 beast damage against Cocoon Strike? ... Which would better read as a single attack to make it clearer since the wording sounds like it should block the entire hunting party attack! ... Using the comprehensive rule 500 General from MTG which breaks down turn sequence, I feel this ability would better read as ... to add clarification to when it occurs. We all know it happens at the end but new players have to trial and error this and find out if it happens before or after other buffs and debuffs that trigger at the end of round. No big deal, right? Use once, understand how it works, and we're good! Except how do damage modifications stack such as "Reduce up to X damage from each attack..." with "Adds Y damage to every attack.." (which should ready each, not every, to clarify) with "...all pets take Z less damage and..." (which doesn't specify each attack, each ability, or per round)? Shell shield, Black Claw, and Sandstorm. I love the flavor text of abilities but it is becoming increasing frustrating that rules text is muddled in and when there are multiple buffs and debuffs I'm very unsure which ones occur first and how they interact.Evolyn2 6d
6d Is Whomper a good battle pet? I donate to charity regularly so when I saw another wow charity pet I thought I'd get it. Is he/she specialized at anything? Or is this more of a cosmetic pet?Veganbeef8 6d
6d Crysa - buzzard drop chance Has any change been made to the drop percentage of the Albino Buzzard? I realise it was not something that dropped from every fight, but I've been doing the Crysa fight almost every day for about a year now (I use it to level up a few misc alts) and I found that prior to BfA I would get a drop every 4-6 weeks. Since BfA I've not had a single one drop. Thats almost 3 months. Of course, I could be on a lousy streak but thought I'd see if anyone else had noticed any change.Elean2 6d
Nov 9 *sigh* what a slap in the face... After running at least 100 or more heroic Island Expeditions, I'm down to needed 3 more of the bop pets (not including Cold Surfrunner). Tonight I get a second *cringe* Laughing Stoneskin. Not deleting or learning it. Maybe we'll get lucky & it'll be cageable in a future patch.Ziv34 Nov 9
Nov 9 Polished Pet Charms Are these easier to get at 120? I got x5 from a large chest the other day and then one quest gave me x10, but have not seen any other quests, so far, that give them.Vixxenrose52 Nov 9
Nov 9 Pet Charm Missions? I have not got any pet charm missions on the table in a few weeks. Has there been a change or am I just unlucky? Indeed, I noticed prior to this that there was a big dropoff in the frequency of pet charm missions relative to last expansion. Anyone else noticing this?Rastlin4 Nov 9
Nov 8 2 Timeouts = Auto-Forfeit Its pet battle event this week. Which means troves of angry people who cant stand losing who sit there and let every single round time out once they know they will lose extending the games by 3-5 minutes every time. If you timeout 2x it should be an automatic forfeit. There is no reason to time out during a PET BATTLE , MULTIPLE times where you have at max 4 choices to make. Especially if you KNOW they only have 1 available attack and are still letting it timeout every single time.Thorblakmane6 Nov 8
Nov 8 Same enemy player Why am I playing the same !@#$ing player every single time?Krazule1 Nov 8
Nov 8 To the person with the overused team. The person using Unborn Valk, Son of Sethe, Fiendish Imp that i just fought. Thank you, that was the biggest laugh I had all week. I sent out a Nether Faerie Dragon and used Evanescence. Dodged Doom, dodged Haunt, and he surrenders.Fengar5 Nov 8
Nov 8 Anyway to remove battle pets from slots? Or do I have to keep them all full at all times? I tried to battlepet addon, I tried dragging, nothing works.Liangpi3 Nov 8
Nov 8 Pet Battle WQ not showing on map Anyone else having this issue? I'm having to zoom in on the Flight Master's map to see some Pet Battle WQs (most of which usually reward charms). They don't show up when I hit M. I am not using a WQ mod so maybe that's the issue or maybe it's another mod blocking it... But just wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue and what the fix is for it.Jermaine6 Nov 8
Nov 7 Faction-exclusive pets trading Am starting up a trading post for sharing opposite-faction pets. If you're horde and want drustvar piglet, mechanical praire dog, greatwing macaw, seabreeze bumblebee, corlain falcon, 7th legion siege tower, I can assist. If you're alliance and want to get a ranishu runt, lil benfon, lil tika, swamp toad, tragg the curious, honorbound war machine - I can get my hands on these now too. There's no loss to anyone, I make no gain in this, but you get access to a pet you'd otherwise have to buy off the auction house. I'm willing to accept any pet that you have to purchase using polished pet charms with a preference for any other pet that was listed above (but doesn't have to be those ones, can be any pet(s) that are sold for polished pet charms). The preference is just so I can keep this offer rolling. Anyone want to make use of my offer? Which pets would you like? Currently have traded away a ranishu runt for a seabreeze bumblebee (cost 250 polished charms each) & also have 144 polished charms in stock, with more charms coming in. Dakyras #1636 ...Dakyras44 Nov 7
Nov 7 Best pet to use to catch low level pets I may be wrong but I remember hearing about an ability that won't let you KO a pet and instead will leave their health at 1. Is this correct and if so what is the ability name and what pet is best to use that has it? Many thanks!Unth24 Nov 7