Pet Battles

Feb 21, 2014 Major Payne Feedback Believe it or not, it's almost been a year since the Major Payne's Pet Menagerie blogs began. Over the course of this time, many of you have honed your skills, grown your pet collection, and have been loyal followers of Payne's antics. We wanted to take a moment, though, to step away from the blog and get your feedback. We're thinking it may be time to mix it up, feature something new, or even revamp the format. So please, don't hold back! Our hope is you'll be open and honest about what you like and what you don't like. You're also more than welcome to share your ideas about how to make the blog more fun and exciting. Thanks, all, we're looking forward to reading your responses!Crithto48 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 Pet Battle queues not working? Is it just me or are Pet Battle queues simply not working. I have not been able to find a pvp battle in over 3 days.Fiddlesnarf7 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 WTT Pandaren Fire for Water I have 7 fires, looking to trade at least one of them for a water. Thanks! Bnet Ziv#1426Ziv1 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 Righteous Inspiration last more than 1 turn Murkalot cast it on Valk, insta haunt, comes back with the buff again, haunts again, then a third time. Fix plz.Jozzaak3 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 Looking to Trade for an Ethereal Soul Trader found, thank youKungpowcow2 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 can't queue for pvp pet battles. the last few days i've been unable to queue for pvp pet battles, unsure why. The pve ones work fine, celestial tournament, everything. Unsure why I can't queue when I click find battle on my pet screen. when it would usually come up with the lfg eye nothing comes up, then when I click it a second time and subsequent times it says I'm already queue'd for a pet battle. Any help? thanks.Zangg1 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 Mini Old Gods Yes, i am aware this could be OP or even stupid in some sense, but who wouldnt want a Mini C'thun!!!! Yes please.Igonn9 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 How do you mess up Pet Battles?! I thought this was supposed to be a "fun diversion". But they've gone and pulled the lamest gimmick in the dev toolkit: arbitrary buffs to turn every enemy into a health sponge that hits like a truck. "Program some smart trainer AI? Nah. We'll just hand out a blanket 50% damage reduction and call it a day." If I wanted trial and error I'd go run a scripted raid! If I wanted to grind I'd grind something more useful and more valuable than untradable level 25 rares! But no. If I want to experience any of the top level pet "content" I have to grind up more than a dozen 25s, many of them rare drops, to cheese and manipulate the encounters. How is this rewarding to ANYBODY?! Who stamped their feet and said, "I don't like being able to obtain half the pet bags in the game (the only ones with worthwhile rewards, at that) without hours of collecting, grinding, and farming, and clearing old content and powerleveling pets endlessly for little or no payoff!"? Who said, "I like the idea of sitting around 8 minutes to res my pets because there's no way to obtain pet bandages beyond small quantities of RNG bags, and it'd take just as long to fly across the zone (god forbid you're a lowbie or farming somewhere you can't fly) to a Stable Master, so why not just alt tab and do something else while the arbitrary CD ticks down?" They could've done something fun like tied pet bandages in with First Aid. Maybe your Heal Pet CD gets lower as First Aid goes up, or you can make bandages with lower CDs as you level up. Or maybe made Pet Bandages Unique (5) or (10) so you could stop and resupply at Stable Master or Inn Keepers or something and then burn through your stock before having to leave the area you want to be in just to revive your team. Something is very poorly tuned here. Simple things, like the utter lack of rewards for spending long spans of time on this portion of the game, or how the gameplay is heavily biased towards the endgame, such that by the time you get the things you need to have a smooth entry experience to Pet Battling, you're too formidable to need any of it.Executeness40 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 Twitch.tv PvP Pet Battles Tonight! Win a Pet! Okay so it looks like Blizzard is fixing the pet battle queue problem (I didn't think I was going to be able to do my stream this week because of the bug) but it's back on! So - here's how it works. If you participate in my stream, you have a chance to win an in-game Battle.net store pet! To enter, you email me your PvP team and ability slots to: jensketchpetbattles@gmail.com Show up tonight at 7:30pm EDT at my Twitch.tv channel: http://twitch.tv/jensketch Watch craziness ensue! It only lasts for an hour - I queue with the entered teams and try and win! At the end of the hour, I pick a random winner and e-mail them an in-game Battle.net store pet! I know it's a bit late notice, but I really didn't think I'd be able to do it this week. Hopefully with the maintenance today everything is fixed. When you email - send me any details you want. Which pets and ability slots are the basics, but if you have a strategy you want to have me do, write that up to. It can be anything! I'll do crazy stuff, just to test it out for you or whatever. If you need a pet to 25 that I don't have leveled, let me know and I can level it up quick today, too. :) Hope we can get it going and see you there tonight!Chibimage13 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 WTS Droplet of Y'Shaarj and Kovok Droplet of Y'Shaarj: Level 1 155 Health 12 Power 11 Speed Kovok: Level 1 155 Health 10 Power 12 Speed I am only looking for gold on Blackrock Horde. PST me if interested at Toxaris#1498Tôxaris1 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 WTB/WTT for a Droplet of Y'Shaarj Im offering: Level 25 Pierre Level 1 Rare S/S Death Adder Hatchling Level 25 Rare B/B Death Adder Hatchling Level 1 Pandaren Fire Spirit 2x Level 1 Rare P/S Mountain Panda Use of Flawless Aquatic Battle Stone Use of Flawless Magic Battle Stone Use of Flawless Beast Battle Stone Use of Flawless Dragonkin Stone 5k in gold which could be used for you to pick pets from AH that I'd buy for you towards the trade. My battle tag is Bluestreakfl#1422 add me if your interested and let's see if we can work out a deal.Arthaneus3 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 Spirit Crab v Emperor Crab Which one do you prefer and why? I've read much about how great the Spirit Crab is, but the Emperor Crab has been one of my favorites from the beginning. I still haven't found the scenario where I want whirlpool over Healing Wave.Alfonzzo5 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 WTB Dropplet of Y'shaarj trade completed.Choan4 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 21, 2014 Thundering Tamer didn't give XP to carry pet For the past few weeks I've been leveling a pet from 1 to 13 by fighting the Thundering Pandaren Spirit with a snail, Darkmoon Zeppelin and carry pet. I would kill off Darnak with Explode and be left with the level 1 pet to get all (5800) of the exp. Today it didn't work. My carry pet (which was Grinder if that makes a difference) didn't get any experience. Intended change? Or am I missing some silly detail? 5.4.7 is getting better by the day.Discodoggy4 Feb 21, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 Magical Crawdad Since the magical Crawdad is red (which happens after they are COOKED) shouldn't it be an undead type?Zsigmond1 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 Higher Learning - Kirin Tor Familiar - Help For the past couple of days I've been trying to get the Kirin Tor Familiar by getting the Higher Learning Achievement through reading the necessry books in Dalaran. I've been having trouble getting the last few books, so I have some questions. I still need Conjuration, Divination, and Transmutation. Wowhead comments says that these remaining three books are in the Violet Citadel and Ledgermain Lodge. The problem is that when books are in these places, they are the wrong/junk/filler books. Questions: 1) Are the books in set locations or can they spawn in the many other book locations in Dalaran? 2) How long after reading a book does it despawn and a new one respawn?Nembulis5 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 [BUG] Beasts of Fable quests screwing up. I picked up the 3 Beasts of Fable dailies about an hour ago from Shrine of Seven Stars. I completed part 2 and went to hand in, but the quest-giver didn't let me hand it in. However, she did offer all 3 dailies again despite the fact that they were already in my log. I accepted part 2 again, and my log showed that part 2 was in my log twice; and I still couldn't hand it in. If I enabled it in the tracker it showed up as not being complete any more, but ticking one made both be ticked. I reclogged to try and fix this, and after that the questgiver no longer offered dailies and my quest log only had a single copy of all; but my progress has been lost for part 2 and I have to do it again. What is going on here? NB. I think the daily battle pet reset happened in this window, but that still shouldn't cause me to lose progress.Autumni2 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 Besting Bloodknight Antari I was cruising along pretty easily until I came upon Bloodknight Antari. He pretty much wiped the floor with my team, so I have gone back, a bit, to try some other family combos. I just started pet battling last week by leveling three pets I liked for whatever reason, and they have done me well until that tamer. Mechanical, Flying, Magic; all rare. I am now bringing up a rare Aquatic and Humanoid. I was lucky enough to get some high level captures of both families but I have not gone to specials...well the Aquatic is Gulp Froglet if that counts. First, what would you say is the best pet family for each of his pets? Second, any special advice for that fight? Thanks!Notevel14 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 I'm very upset That we aren't able to get one of the "prairie chicken" models. They're by far the best, most adorable chicken model in the game! Please add this model in the next expansion! Thanks! (Not really upset about it, but it sure would be nice!)Ashaala1 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 Misses... Using my Xu-Fu last night, with Spirit Claws, Feed, and Prowl. In the midst of 3 attempted battles, Spirit Claws and Feed both missed twice in a row with no debuffs, Spirit Claws finally hits, then misses again on the very next try. Infuriating.Elïgos4 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 Stall Comps.. why? I just played vs Magical Crawdad-Emerald Protowhelp-Singing Sunflower. Won in 47 rounds. Just a question for people who use stall comps... why?? Do you actually win? Or do you just hope people forfeit? I mean.. I've never lost vs a stall comp but they're just soooo annoying to play aganist.Jilliene29 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 10-1 for my weekly. Saw so many mistakes! Using the team comp I have at the fore - Spirit Crab, Lil Blingtron, and Hopling. I beat the same guy twice because he made the same mistake, twice. I had the crab's Whirlpool with one round left, and the Blingtron doing Inflation. So he switched out for the Electrified Razortooth and took 1500 damage from a 2x Weak-To Whirlpool. This has happened twice now. I have encountered two people using Valkyrs who Haunt when they have one weak pet left, which promptly dies, losing them the match because the Valkyr's totally contributing. 4/10 games I won because of rookie mistakes. This has never happened to me before. (My only loss was to a team with a Crawdad on it. Unfortunately, my team is a lot of small damage, so I couldn't bully it down.)Gravecrawler21 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 Renewing Mists v Healing Wave Why do people take Renewing Mists on their Emperor Crab? The only advantage I see is if you're swapping pets a lot, but if the Crab is staying in, Healing Wave heals for 25% more. What am I missing?Alfonzzo1 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 75% wins Team just soled by aquatic pet? My 75% wins team was just soled by the dam crab ?? Did they buff the crap out of aquatic pets?Tankdead15 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 Celestial tournament and uncommon pets I'm still working on building my rare pet collection, and haven't given the celestial tournament a try yet. So, with that said I have no clue what it is like. I would love to get Xu Fu, and was curious if the green pets could be used.Brisey2 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 those using triple "insert pet here" You will continue to lose no matter which three pets you choose because players with an iota of common sense will know how to counter you. Your three frogs against my mainly Undead team? OK, my Infected Squirrel will buff my weakened dots with Stampede. Your triple crow team will still get annihilated and my token Anubisath idol giggled like a school girl at your triple bunny team. There are many other comps available to you and I suggest you use them. Love, Your neighborhood Pet Battling gnomeHina14 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 no time to heal. team i used hey i just got the no time to heal achievement. i used the team: Swamp Croaker H/B waterjet-swarm-bubble Darkmoon Zeppelin missle-bombing-decoy Mechanical Pandaran Dragonling breath-thunder-decoy what other teams accomplish this achievement?Tourachz11 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 So I am sitting here typing to you all... ...while I afk in a pet battle that is literally not going anywhere. The Mr. Bigglesworth barrier is up and no one will make the first hit ~_~ It is OK though, this is why I have two monitors and two more seasons left of Supernatural to watch ^_^Hina3 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 Just realized something. 3x S/S Death Adder Hatchlings. If the opponent doesn't have a dodge/deflection pet, or one of the few that are faster than this particular snake, a game can literally be made to go on forever. Swap, Blinding Poison, Swap, Blinding Poison, Swap, Blinding Poison... It won't win a game but it won't lose one either, sadly. A particularly mean person can stall a game indefinitely with this.Tadkins4 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 March is lacking a pet event If you were in charge, what event would you hold and what would be the prize? Maybe someone is listening. Naaah!Lodijr2 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 Guardian Cub Is anyone else having problems using their guardian cub? My guardian cub is showing up as grey and I can't put him in as an active pet to battle.Angrist1 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 WTT Ethereal Soul-Trader for...(Completed) Thank You!!! Looking for the following Pets or a combination of them. Combination Bananas Dragon Kite Hippogryph Hatchling Straight Up Rocket Chicken Tuskarr Kite (Really would like this)Xedout2 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 Adrenal Glands Thank you for the buff to Adrenal Glands. I can finally make use of my Twilight Fiendling.Aratora7 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 Pierre vs. Rascal-Bot Pierre (S/B) 289 Speed Rascal-Bot (P/B) 273 Speed Rascal-Bot has two moves that benefit greatly from going first: Lens Flare (50% blind) and Amber Prison (stun) in slot 2. His lowish speed is a negative. Armageddon (Explode) and Reboot (Repair) in slot 3 are basic Mechanical moves. His slot one move are basic attacks, except Phaser attacks for 2 rounds. Pierre has Chop (Rip) and and Frying Pan (Shock and Awe on a 1 round cooldown with less damage) in slot one. If you choose Frying Pan, you have to take Stench in slot 2, otherwise you will be cooldown locked. His high-ish speed will benefit Food Coma. He has a unique move High Fiber which is like Cleanse for your whole team. I chose Pierre. Rascal-Bot http://www.wowhead.com/npc=71693 Pierre http://www.wowhead.com/npc=70082Tukwilla15 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 20, 2014 Best Pet Battle Win of the day After my Unborn Valk and Infested Squirrel were killed (Ironbark really threw a wrench in my strategy), ChiChi proceeed to solo a sunlight team consisting of Jade Tentacle, Blossoming Ancient, and a Sunflower. 100 rounds later ..... http://i.imgur.com/bWgZeNW.jpg?1 It took awhile, but was worth it.Bitis13 Feb 20, 2014
Feb 19, 2014 PetBattle Teams not working? Has anyone else had their Pet Battle Teams mod break on them after this last patch? I logged in, looked at my pet journal, and saw that in all of my team slots there are icons of big 'ole question marks instead of my pets. Does anyone know a fix for this? Or do I just need to recreate my teams? Thanks. <3Megaerra14 Feb 19, 2014
Feb 19, 2014 Celestial Tournament Okay, so how the heck do people manage to do that? There's so many fights that require different pets and I haven't the slightest clue if I'm even close to the amount of pets needed to do it. I also can't figure out which "breeds" of pets I have. S/S, H/B... Etc, what does that all mean? I figure S/S means something like Speed. A pet with a lot of speed..? Yeah, I'm so confused. Got like 30 some odd pets (rares) at 25 and still no idea which I need to level to even come close to winning some of these fights.Azayla16 Feb 19, 2014
Feb 19, 2014 I trapped a Rare Nexus Whelping successfully then "Internal Pet Battle Error" occurs and the battle ends, rare whelp gone. i want it back. :(Slayergrim4 Feb 19, 2014
Feb 19, 2014 Anyone know the Celestial Tamers this week? I'm looking to plan out my teams (since I'm fairly new to the tourney) and I was wondering if anyone saw who we have this week. Any help is greatly appreciated!Khellen2 Feb 19, 2014
Feb 19, 2014 Bunch of stones for trade I have 2 flawless stones and a bunch of other stones for trade. I'm looking for a few pets I don't have. My main focus at the moment is an S/S raven and little XT. I'll trade for anything I don't have however. Add me if you're interested. Unseen#1623Peelforheals0 Feb 19, 2014
Feb 19, 2014 Question about Master Pet Tamer NPCs I don't really understand this system, and all my searching hasn't turned up any answers anywhere yet. I played around with the pet battle system in Stormwind until I had 3 pets at level 3. I switched over to a Horde character to do some things and with that character I stumbled across an NPC in Orgrimmar, who sent me to an NPC in Durotar, I thought, though I might be confused ... I can't find that NPC listed under Master Pet Tamers in Wowhead. Anyway, then I was sent to Dagra the Fierce in Northern Barrens. After winning against her, I was sent to Analynn in Ashenvale. About this time, I noticed the 2 Sacks of Pet Supplies in my bags, and when I saw the soulbound items, I decided to do the next couple of NPCs on another character. So I left Horde and switched back to this character again and went to Analynn in Ashenvale. However, after battling her pets and winning, it ended there; she did not refer me to any more Master Pet Tamers. So I looked them up on Wowhead, and decided to go to each of them myself. I decided to go to Old MacDonald in Westfall next, based on the levels of his pets and mine, but when I got there (on a 3rd character, Alliance), he had no option to battle. It's all a bit confusing. What triggers this chain and what makes a Master Pet Tamer willing to battle me or not?Akatnel4 Feb 19, 2014
Feb 19, 2014 /skill After completely outplaying my opponent and killing their direhorn and darkmoon monkey, their wolpertinger went on to wipe the rest of my team with only spamming sleeping gas. I went 7+ round straight without ever being able to get off an ability. So many rounds in fact, that my log can't even expand large enough to show them all. Here is what I did grab a screenshot of: http://i.imgur.com/GoPO8XG.jpg As you can see from the log, the log clearly states that sleep fades after the round is over, but this isn't the case. Round 1 i am put to sleep, round 2 i am put to sleep, round 3 i am put to sleep......where is the effect of sleep fading exactly? How hard is it to make it grant resilience? This move, sleeping gas, appears to be doubly bugged......the proc chance is higher than the suggest tooltip, and it is not procing resilience.Bitis12 Feb 19, 2014
Feb 19, 2014 Battling master pet tamers I cant seem to battle the lower pet masters and without that you cant do the dallies. I got the first two in horde but cant battle the third master and so forth. The only quests I get are for the pet que win ten battles but I cant get into that either. Need help anyone have this problem? Or a solution. I put in a ticket but really who wants to wait two damn days.? Grind away seems to be the motto anymore.Sinuousblood0 Feb 19, 2014
Feb 19, 2014 Not Getting Battle Credit It seems i am not getting the required wins for the Beasts of Fable or Pvp weekly pet battle quest. I have checked to make sure im not in a raid group, i have reloaded ui, but the only thing that seems to work is completely closing the game and that only worked for No-No i still cannot get credit for any other wins. i do correctly win the battle yet i dont get credit. Is anyone else having this problem?Jüggërnaut2 Feb 19, 2014
Feb 19, 2014 Pet Battles Can someone answer a couple questions about pet battles? First - there is a symbol that says my pet has higher speed stat and WILL go first. So I kill the first pet. The second pet comes in and gets a free hit on me. Why? I have no idea. Then the round starts and the second pet goes first and finishes me off with a booming hit. Why did he get a free attack and why is it going first when he does not have the first attack? This makes no sense and it happens a lot. The second question - who does the statistics. I have an ability that says 95% hit chance. It's has hit 3 times out of 10. Should everything you read on the pet battles be ignored?Terrorific7 Feb 19, 2014
Feb 19, 2014 Have blizzard given up on fixing petbattle? I stop playing pet battle since there was to many bugs in it. I been wanting to return to start pet battle if they fix some of the bugs such as elemental passive not working in sandstorm and others. I seen little to no fix to some of the pet battle bugs in game. Have blizzard given up on fixing those bugs in pet battle?Stíllness2 Feb 19, 2014
Feb 19, 2014 WTS a Tideskipper Yeah what the title says......willing to negotiate prices also.Shadowybully0 Feb 19, 2014
Feb 19, 2014 Dragon Kite & RAF pets missing? + more Anyone else missing these pets? All four of my RAF pets and my Dragon Kite are gone... Also Guardian Cub, Rocket Chicken, and from what I'm told Mini Diablo. Also RAF mounts...Michaela3 Feb 19, 2014
Feb 19, 2014 h/h Kovok Buying, please add me!Tracte0 Feb 19, 2014
Feb 19, 2014 LF a ton of Battle Stones Now that I pretty much have every trade-able pet (minus Viscous Horror, but I am ignoring that stupid ooze for awhile), I am looking to upgrade all of my Green pets. What I Need: NONE! What I Have to Offer None of the pets that I have currently are for trade, but I can easily get almost any caged pet and we can go from there. I can also offer pet leveling services at the rate of two stones for one pet to 25. Please note that I do have ONE level 25 Blackfuse Bombling available for trade. Edit: Now have ONE Eye of the Legion and ONE Gusting Grimoire on hand as well. Have all other types of stones available to trade. I normally sell stones for around 500~600g so I would be looking for around that neighborhood as well. Lanikitty#1100 <- Let me know if you have anything to trade! Edit: Updated the amount of stones needed!Hina31 Feb 19, 2014