Pet Battles

Dec 17, 2013 Can you level ults by pet battling? If I rolled up a lvl 1, got a bunch of level 1 pets, and just went around doing pet battles with animals in the world, could I get exp/level up at or close to the same speed as if I was doing quests?Harmer5 Dec 17, 2013
Dec 17, 2013 Wanting a few pet store pets or mounts I figured since they are 50% off I might could trade for a few..... Wants: Cinder Kitten Cenarion Hatchling Soul of the Aspects Lil KT Any mount besides Fey Dragon What I have (atm): Gooey Sha-ling s/s Lil Bling Dandelion Frolicker (1 s/s) Ashleaf Spriteling Death Adder Hatchling Skunky Alemental Gulp Froglet Ominous Flame Jademist Dancer Azure Crane Chick (p/p can stone for right trade) Netherspace Abyssal Lil' Bad Wolf Menagerie Custodian Phoenix Hawk Hatchling Pocket Reaver Mini Mindslayer Pandaren Fire Spirit Pandaren Earth Spirit Mountain Panda Snowy Panda Sunfur Panda Harmonious Porcupette Terrible Turnip BTag is Jackbutler#1286Jackobutter5 Dec 17, 2013
Dec 17, 2013 Good place for lowbie char to level pets? I've got a few 25s already, so I can take on wild pets in Pandaria pretty easily. I'm just wondering if there's a safe area to send my lowbies to for that purpose. Something for them to do while waiting on dungeon queues. (Because Glyph of Demon Hunting doesn't let me queue as tank T_T)Kaethar3 Dec 17, 2013
Dec 17, 2013 WTT Your Lvl 25 Battle Pets for my TCG pets Evening friends, I'm looking to buy any level 25 pets I currently don't maxed. There are still a lot I need and am open to trading you FM Horde gold, or me trading you TCG pets in return. Please note I will not "hold" pets for you while you level more to 25. First come, first served. TCG pets I am willing to trade: Eye of the Legion x1 Gusting Grimoire x2 Landro's Lichling x1 Landro's Lil' XT x1 Nightsaber Cub x1 Purple Puffer x1 Sand Scarab x1 1) Check my list for what I don't have maxed 2) Add me on Shimils#1745 so we can have great chats, Cheers.Shmiles18 Dec 17, 2013
Dec 17, 2013 Looking for Droplet of Y'shaarj Looking to trade to get a droplet of Y'shaarj. if interested let me know what you want or would be willing to trade it for and i can try to get it or if i have it i might be able to trade it to ya. Oroan#1115Oroan0 Dec 17, 2013
Dec 17, 2013 Coal for Christmas Instead of Owls for Christmas, you get coal. Be nice. http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa86/Aliandrin/bnice_zps73a49dfd.pngAliandrin0 Dec 17, 2013
Dec 17, 2013 WTS Black tabby cat It's unstoned, but, it's still a black tabby cat lol if anyone is interested, I need the transfer to take place on Icecrown, horde side ( since that's where my alts need flying) feel free to add my btag Zrod#1369 if you're interested:)Zrod0 Dec 17, 2013
Dec 16, 2013 Death Adder Hatchling... OP? This isn't coming from a person who has fought against death adder hatchling and failed, this is somebody who's raked up 800 wins using it. I think Death Adder Hatchling, specifically its blind poison ability, may be too powerful. I think it's the fact that when it's faster than the opponent, blind poison effectively nullifies half their turns. I think the fix to bring its power back into line with other speedy avoidance pets is pretty subtle though, I think it can be done by raising Blind Poison's turn cooldown from 3 to 4. What do you think?Lycah21 Dec 16, 2013
Dec 16, 2013 Pet Battle Project - My Journey to lvl 90 Hi all! So.. I had this crazy idea, as I'm sure some have, to lvl 1-90 on pet battles alone. Well, I did some browsing and didn't find many blogs about this, and the ones I did were made before they hotfixed the EXP gain from battles. Glad I wasn't around at that time, or I would have been more likely to not make this journey! Regardless, here I am.. leveling with the help of my companions. I'm taking lots of screenshots and trying my best to document what happens, where I level, and things I learn along the way. I have been gone from the game since April 2012 and only came back at the end of November 2013.. so I am really quite new to this and some other things that MoP brought with it. Here is a link to my blog: http://petbattleproject.tumblr.com/ I hope you like it! It's my first blog, so feel free to give me any pointers. :)Ghiddee10 Dec 16, 2013
Dec 16, 2013 Character Deletion & Pets Here's the scenario. I made a new character on a different server a several months ago. It was a blood elf. And shortly after leaving the starting zone, I chose to do a pet battle. It was a Ruby Sapling which happened to be rare quality. Fast forward to today and it's lvl 25, as are all 500+ of my other unique pets. The question I have is, if I delete the character I caught the pet on, will I also lose the pet?Ligier3 Dec 16, 2013
Dec 16, 2013 wtt dragon kite for tcg mount looking for a decent tcg mount flying or ground (prefer fly) post a offerKryptikk6 Dec 16, 2013
Dec 16, 2013 WTT Vengeful Porcupines Hello fellow tamers, Fire-Watcher Artemis here. I am back on the island and back to farming Vengeful Porcupines. I usually get 1 a day, depending on how well I do and how populate the island is, and am looking for some good trades. I really want to make one last push to get some out and about, seeing as the Island is bound to go the way of Thunder and Dino Island (vacant besides people who took a wrong turn). I will keep this post updated as I collect them. I am looking for some fun and unique pets. I do accept multiples and may farm multiples for certain pets. Leave me what you have to offer, with your btag, and I'll make sure to contact you ASAP.Artemis20 Dec 16, 2013
Dec 16, 2013 Tired of my horrible pet teams !! Hi guys this is a re post of the topic i talked about 1 hour ago which was deleted O.o anyway i keep making really horrible pet battle teams and i am tired of it xD so im looking for some really good pet battle team you guys can come up with and is there really any point in pet battles ?Swiftphantom13 Dec 16, 2013
Dec 16, 2013 WTT [Ruby Droplet] for [Magical Crawdad] As above ^^Swiftphantom6 Dec 16, 2013
Dec 15, 2013 Can't fight any Battle Pet Tamers. I have the quest Battle Pet Tamers: Kalimdor, and I am standing infront of Traitor Gluk (the first tamer on the list) and he doesn't have a chat option to challenge him. What do I do? Thank you.Ezekius3 Dec 15, 2013
Dec 15, 2013 Celestial Tournament: Challenge! For those who have done it every week and basically have it on farm status. Defeat the Celestial Tournament without allowing a single pet to die. It is absolutely possible. This week I beat it with one pet dead at the end. I used an s/s mongoose on Chen instead of the snail/whelk I would normally use v.s. his elemental and alas the poor mongoose bit the dust. Since there's no achievement for it and I can't really think of any other way to prove it I guess just a screen shot of your combat log beside your pet teams with the emperor declaring you won. http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3660/tcf3.jpg Again; Mine was a failure, I was not able to do it.. close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades .. Can you?Cunnight7 Dec 15, 2013
Dec 15, 2013 Frog kiss another bug? Gul Froglet (faster pet) vs Fossilized Hatchling (slower pet) Frog kiss applied Polymorphed to Fossilized Hatchling Polymorphed fades from Fossilized Hatchling immediately. There were no dots, aoe weather etc. http://i.imgur.com/71giew5.jpg?1Kiamato3 Dec 15, 2013
Dec 15, 2013 Humming Bird Pet I would love to see the humming bird style model implemented as a pet. I think it is just adorable. It is already in game I just hope they make it a battle pet we can obtain at some point. Anyone see any other small models that could be future pets that aren't right now?Kitorie5 Dec 15, 2013
Dec 15, 2013 [Rotten Little Helper] coming soon http://www.wowhead.com/npc=73741#petabilities http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/humanoid/gnomes/rotten-little-helper/ Breed is unconfirmed, but one can hope for something other than B/B. Like a lot of newer pets, the moveset looks great, very versatile. 5-round cooldown moves on separate tiers.Digerati2 Dec 15, 2013
Dec 15, 2013 Unable to update on WarcraftPets.com I've been unable to update my pet collection for a few days, there is a thread on Warcraftpets forums about this, below is their answer: Postby Quintessence » December 14th, 2013, 12:25 pm Weena has looked into this error, and it's something that we cannot fix unfortunately. The error is on Blizzard's end, and until they address the issue with the API, it will continue to affect some users. We'll contact Blizzard to inform them of this error (if they aren't aware of it already), and hopefully they'll sort it out soon. Sorry for the inconvenience! Just putting this in so that hopefully, it will get fixed. I can access my complete profile in Blizzard's site, even though at least one poster on theirs said that they couldn't. I realize that this isn't a gameplay issue, but I hope that Blizzard can kick a bit of manpower over to fixing this...Eos0 Dec 15, 2013
Dec 15, 2013 Lesser Voidwalker question. I have recently aquired a lesser voidwalker, If sold at an AH what can I expect to be a reasonable price for it?Nont5 Dec 15, 2013
Dec 15, 2013 . Trade complete. :OGalaxas1 Dec 15, 2013
Dec 15, 2013 WTT Dragon Kite for Ethereal Soul-Trader. As the title says I'm WTT a Dragon Kite for Ethereal Soul-Trader and also taking offers of other TCG pets/mounts. Message me on Battle Tag: Homer#1186 Thanks!Homer0 Dec 15, 2013
Dec 15, 2013 WTT Dragon Kite for Viscous Horror Hola guys, I got a 2nd Dragon Kite (Lvl 1) and am looking to trade for a Viscous Horror, it's one of the few pets out there for me to get. Please let me know if interested! Takayama#1981Takayamasama0 Dec 15, 2013
Dec 15, 2013 LF Tuskarr Kite, Have Gilnean SS, DMR SS, etc Anyone interested in making a trade? I can do some combination of the following: Crawling Claw Darkmoon Rabbit (B/B, S/S) Darkmoon Eye Gilnean Raven (S/S, and a few other breeds) Gregarious Grell Guardian Cub Eye of the Legion Gooey Sha-ling Living Fluid Moon Moon Pierre Pygmy Direhorn Rascal-Bot Ruby Droplet Vengeful Porcupette Listed most of the highlights but I have lots of extras if you're looking for anything in particular. EDIT: DMR S/S trade pending.Navi0 Dec 15, 2013
Dec 15, 2013 Vengeful Porcupettes for trade Looking to trade for some of the lower end tcg pets (grell, landros, grimoire etc) or perhaps the new eng ones. Have four to trade and can supply more if needed.Duelists3 Dec 15, 2013
Dec 14, 2013 What are the top teams at the moment? Im looking to get into PVP Pet Battles and will be aiming for the achievements for PVP battle wins, but there doesnt seem to be any solid info on what the top tier teams are currently. So if someone could tell me what these are, i'll go out and start creating my killer team.Squigglyo5 Dec 14, 2013
Dec 14, 2013 Selling a Viscous Horror On Stormrage for Gold Feel free to whisper me and we can talk!Shadowology10 Dec 14, 2013
Dec 14, 2013 MPPM: Blighthawk MIA? Many days ago, the blog entry for "Major Payne's Pet Menagerie: Blighthawk" was created in the WoW page, but they didn't made a post here in the Pet Battle forums... maybe Crithto was abducted by a flock of angry undead brids? For reference,here's the link of the blog page: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11883966/Major_Payne%E2%80%99s_Pet_Menagerie_Blighthawk-12_6_2013Makco1 Dec 14, 2013
Dec 14, 2013 Sear Magic is very weak Sear Magic -- Removes all buffs and debuffs from the user. 2 round CD. The usefulness of this ability is way too narrow. It is useless against 1-2 round dots/debuffs. Against typical 3-5 round dots, using it or ignoring the dot and using a basic attack instead is a wash. It's only useful if you're double dotted/debuffed, have a bomb spell on you (ie: curse of doom), or other very specific abilities. That's way too little utility for a move. Compare it to other similar abilities. Cleasing rain, which reduces dot uptime and has a small aoe heal. Tidal/magma wave, which remove turrets and deal aoe damage. Shields, which negate dot damage and also reduce all other incoming damage. All of these abilities are worth using even without considering their dot reducing functions. A couple pets/abilities do not justify this spell being as weak as it is. I can't think of a single pet that has this ability where the alternate ability isn't the far better option in almost any situation. Sear Magic is a seriously marginalized ability and needs a serious buff. 1) Make it aoe buff/debuff removal. This would be the weakest buff, as it would still only have narrow applicability and would require a swap. Almost no better than the original. 2) Make it removed all buffs/debuffs on BOTH teams. That would be somewhat better, because then you could use it offensively as well as defensively. 3) Take 1 and add aoe healing on the order of cleansing rain. This would make it worth using. 4) Take 1 and add aoe damage on the order of tidal/magma wave. This would also make it worth using.Hudax18 Dec 14, 2013
Dec 14, 2013 Who is better !! Lil Xt or PWD ?? As above :D i need to know before the %50 sale goes away :D and who is better i dont mind spending cash since its my spare money :DSwiftphantom13 Dec 14, 2013
Dec 14, 2013 Anyone else notice this bug? There seems to be a bug with pet battles. If you kill a pet who is in the middle of an attack like moth balls, stampede, they still finish the attack even if they're dead. :/ I see this all the time now.Alissah0 Dec 14, 2013
Dec 14, 2013 Unborn Val'Kyr - Some Info I had to farm out three of them for the Tournament, and I apologise to other collectors out there, and I feel really bad about this, but the truth is that people are sitting in Felwood farming a rare minfernal when they could just go upgrade theirs, and on top of that I don't see all that much use for the minfernal. So there is a limit on how bad I will feel about this. Stick around for that limit revealed. I thought I'd share my experiences and what I've learned. 1. My main cannot see these. I had to farm all three on an alt. At first I was merely suspicious of this, but after finding a fourth on my way back to Dalaran - somehow even after obtaining three I couldn't help checking those spawn points on the way back - I decided to prove it to myself. So I log in on my main. The Val'Kyr is gone, of course. Naturally someone had taken it by that time (so I think). So I log back on my alt. Surprise surprise; there it is again. What could this have to do with? I have only relatively baseless speculation. I actually played during Wrath, while my alt is a resurrection-bumped 80 who never did any quests in Northrend. It could also be that my alt is appropriate level for the area. It could be that ~80s are rewarded for being where they're supposed to be, and 90s are punished. I don't have specific proof that I'm unable to see all of them (there could be no such proof) - just one of them. 2. Spawn Points. I've seen many more Val'Kyr than I've caught. On my server group the competition is medium to high, and a lot of spawn points are camped particularly in Storm Peaks. I'm not the fastest clicky-clicky-clicky so I had to be a bit patient. What does this mean? It means that in addition to knowing the spawn points by heart, I know where a lot of them spawn right down to the pinpoint. Very often there will be another pokemon sitting right smack in the middle of one of the spawn points. I don't believe these share spawn points with anything else so I don't know what to say about this except that it is what I've observed and that I've never seen a Val'Kyr stacked there on top of the other pokemon. Do they share spawn points? I'm going to say no; I don't think it's possible. Could an unrelated spawn point sharing the same coords prevent a Val'Kyr from spawning if it's filled by another pokemon? I have to give a maybe to this one based on what I've seen. Killing the other spawn never made a Val'Kyr pop, however. Can it be forced to pop? No, based on dev tweets. Could it be prevented? No clue. 3. Breed. The balance breed is better (at least for my purposes) than the super-HP breed. You just want that Curse of Doom to hit a little higher. You don't need any extra HP as your Undead racial is going to be giving you two extra shots anyway. 4. Resurrects critters. Yes it's true. You have to stand on a dead critter for a LONG time, though. She'll resurrect the same one more than once. She'll do it in instances. She will not do it to critters killed with the Hozen Idol. I haven't been able to get her to resurrect any pokemon. So you got through my musings; good. Here's my proof of genuine contrition: It happens that two out of three of the Val'Kyr I caught were natural rares. So I'm giving away two Undead stones to the first two to add their battletags in this thread. I'll be around to do this later today.Aliandrin17 Dec 14, 2013
Dec 14, 2013 Best breed for a Nether Ray Fry? This pet seems pretty interesting and I'd like to try and find out which is the best breed to get and level? I was thinking P/P, but S/S and P/S also seem intriguing.Briin8 Dec 14, 2013
Dec 14, 2013 WTT H/H Kovok for H/P or H/S Exactly what title says I'm willing to use some of my pet stones on your pets to benefit you for this aswell B-tag Steve#11788Undeadlord9 Dec 14, 2013
Dec 14, 2013 Where does Murky stand in terms of rarity? I just came back to WoW I saw this new pet battle option and saw pets were going for quite alot on the AH / Black Market AH. I was curious to see where Murky stands compared to others. I saw blizzards been busy in other countries with exclusive events with pets that North Americans could also never get.Riddeck3 Dec 14, 2013
Dec 14, 2013 Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot Which of the three breeds (S/S, P/S, B/B) should I stone and level? I can't make up my own mind.Caelilith3 Dec 14, 2013
Dec 13, 2013 WTT Mounts/DM Rabbit for Viscous Horror Hi! I have on Dalaran/Kargath a combination of Darkmoon Rabbit Sky Golem Jeweled Onyx Panther Vial of the Sands Trading a combination of the above for a Viscous Horror! Would also pay gold on Dalaran/Kargath for the horror. Negotiable. Thanks for reading.Aisille0 Dec 13, 2013
Dec 13, 2013 Hit chances are so frustrating I swear there must be a percentage within a percentage. As in there is a 50% chance that your 95% hit will actually hit the enemy's pet. Because as it stands, my Gilnean Raven's Alpha Strike's 95% hit chance is only hitting the enemy half the time /waves fist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Replace the Gremlins in charge of RNG with Hamsters instead. Hopefully my 95% hit chance will then actually hit 95% of the time !!!!!!!!!!!Galáctica4 Dec 13, 2013
Dec 13, 2013 Dude, use Cyclone 30% hit rate my PATOOTIE I also just *love* (hint, /sarcasm) how the addon doesn't read cyclone for some reason. Can't track it. I am so bored with Tuesdays. Sure, the queues are fast but /yawn I see the same teams all the time. It is ONLY 1 rock, 1 paper, 1 scissors. So. Boring. Freaking Trainer can't come fast enough. So glad I unsubbed til WoD! Just playing out my time.Chibimage22 Dec 13, 2013
Dec 13, 2013 steven lisbane pet battle quest i have the quest to battle steven lisbane and when i open chat with him it does not allow me to battle him??Manamaid0 Dec 13, 2013
Dec 13, 2013 WTT Soul-trader Dragon kite Rocket chicken LF tcg mounts like the spec tiger doesn't have to be the epic one. My battle tag is iwin#1503Asvalduran0 Dec 13, 2013
Dec 13, 2013 Battle Pet, Need to make team, need advice !! Hi, im trying to make a really good battle pet team that will be for pvp, the pets i got are Valk , Ruby Droplet, Panda Monk , Lil Deathwing, Celestial Dragon, i have $20 spare and i am willing to buy any pet from the blitz store to boost my team or make a team with or get any other pet from the game.Nightphantom14 Dec 13, 2013
Dec 13, 2013 Help me Build a Team =} I hate to ask lol, But Im so bad at this But I ENJOY it !, can anyone look at my pets & tell me what they think would be a great comp...'? Thanks in advance.Majëre3 Dec 13, 2013
Dec 13, 2013 Yesterday.....WTH?!!!! So, I have been less active the last few weeks with pet battles. I started playing a bit more a couple of days ago and things were going about as expected. No really interesting teams to face, lots of Unborn Valks, death adders etc the usual suspects. Last night was filled with multiple new and interesting teams being run by very competent players. Either my battle group just rededicated itself to upping its level, or there was just an infusion of good new players from a realm merger or something. Very exciting!Rhonstifor1 Dec 13, 2013
Dec 13, 2013 From Which Continent do you Queue? For PvP battles Pandaria is the worst. I get the earthshaking mushan every time. I usually queue from EK or Northrend.Krixooks5 Dec 13, 2013
Dec 13, 2013 Need help with team :P Hi guys, i am making a team atm and i have Ruby Droplet and a Valk but i cant decide who the 3rd member will be, Im think of Lil Rangarous, Lil Xt, Panda Monk or some other pet xD i have The Droplet to do dmg while valk haunts and while valk is doing that the droplet can also dmg and sustain hp with its healing ability's. I can reassemble my team if necessary with advice ^^. Ive got Valk , Ruby Droplet, Lil Deathwing, Dark Phoenix Hatching, Bonkers, Pandarian Monk, Celestial Dragon, They would probably be the major ones on my list ^^, i will buy the Blitz pets since their on sale if i need to so leave a option plz :DShadowrune5 Dec 13, 2013
Dec 13, 2013 Unborn Val'kyr Hi! I've been camping for the Unborn Valkyr for the past month or so to no avail and I would like to simply request that if any of you stumble upon on that you don't need or want that you could let me catch it! Thanks in advance. My battle tag is Hunticus1234#1112.Hunticus10 Dec 13, 2013
Dec 13, 2013 WoW, I Have A Bone To Pick With You This week, I've been doing rather well with my pet battles and just finding a few of them is a challenge in itself. I went to read up on the upcoming events via the wow calendar.. But realized wow doesn't have any pet events or challenges? sort of speak. Perhaps this could be something added later.. Pet challenges (not battles) sort of like a dog/cat show. Maybe even add an obstacle course, retriever challenges and for the faint of heart (undead) cadaver challenges etc.. or this could be something added to the Darkmoon Faire.Grumblestill0 Dec 13, 2013