Pet Battles

Jan 22, 2014 Hiya. Looking for Kovok. Idk if anyone remembers me but I recently took a break from wow a few months ago and at that time Kovok was starting to be released but was for High prices. Now that a few months have gone by I'm here to try again hopefully the value has gone down.Renotarshil3 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 WTS P/S Droplet of Y' Shaarj - Tichondrius, A Hi, WTS Droplet of Y' Shaarj on on Tichondrius, Alliance for 18k or trade (Ethereal Soul Trader or Dragon Kite). [email address removed]Guanshiyin3 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 Make TCG pets uncageable? Anyone else agree with this? I mean, anything that can be traded nowadays can be duped (and has been). What were once prestigious hard-to-find pets are pretty much by sold on any high-pop server from a level 1 for 75k. Thoughts?After14 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 Pet not showing up in my log after I added it I just bought Pierre, and memmed it and it DOES NOT show up as one of my pets. Is it bugged??Ginivere1 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 LF Viscous Horror (Completed) Thank you.Shimmo0 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Blinding poison bugged ? I just used Blinding Poison on a PvP enemy, and it did not work at all. Pet had the debuff and was still crit hitting me. Anyone else getting this ?Greenbeáns7 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Rhonstifor You were in the top 10 for PvP pet battles won on a single character, but now I can't even find you on the list. Wha happen? :oTriggers8 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Sometimes... When there's not much going on here I check out the EU pet battle forums. Someone called the Mongoose non-viable. I look at my Mongoose Pup wearing four adder skin boots, an adder skin watchband, an adder skin headband on its cowboy hat and an adder fang necklace. It's laughing at all the times Haunt has done weak damage to it. I wish I could respond on those forums but I can't. That's all.Discodoggy34 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 trading P/P Spineclaw Crab hey looking to trade this pet he's the power breed in my opinion the best breed anywho, looking to trade for sets as i'm looking to hit 500 uniques, im will to trade this for the following pets darkmoon eye darkmoon cub darkmoon turtle whelping collection and son of animus or ruby droplet. message me here or btak aggro#1634Aggromatic8 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Right clicked Yu'lon Evidently three humanoids with a stun or avoidance ability broke the servers when I engaged Yu'lon. Now that Thrall is back up, I logged in, and fell about 15k feet somewhere off the east coast of Jade Forest. At the same time I was taking fatigue damage. I *ALMOST* died in air before landing in the o'chun. Now, I am dead. And have to go through the tourney again. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Random post over.Prisønthrust4 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 trading S/S Adder for trading lvl 1 s/s death adder for 1 of these jadefire spirit son of animus ruby droplet h/p or for these 3 darkmoon eye darkmoon cub darkmoon turtleAggromatic6 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 I found friends for my orange tabby I did not know I could operate 3 pets at one time. I leveled my orange tabby cat up to level 15 and I finally started to poke at the pet system some more. It is like controlling a party of animals except only one pet can be controlled at one time. My fawn is my healer, the worg pup I found is going to be my warrior and well the orange tabby cat is just the orange tabby cat.Squaw1 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Most Densly packed area of lvl 25 pets? Topic says it all im looking for the most packed area, similar to the dragonbone hatchlings how there are 6-8 all around one set of dragonbones. But of level 25 pets I mostly do my pet battle leveling while watching something on tv so i dont want to have to travel very far in between battles any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (also an area with mainly critters would make it a tad easier)Lohkia4 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 LF battle pet power level I am a little late in the game of battle pets but I collected a couple rare pets that I want to get to 25. I tried to level them on my own but got extremely bored. Anyone still in the market for power leveling a few pets? Feel free to add meRika4 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Ethereal Soul-Trade for Trade I probably wont reply to any post here on the forum but feel free to add me ingame about possible trade you may want to do Kermun#1429Kermann0 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Massive Pet Sale! TCG / Raid pets and more Looking to sell off pretty much all of my Pets. I am only interested in gold offers, on either Thaurissan Horde or Frostmourne Alliance. Notable pets include: -Blackfuse Bombling (H/P) -Crawling Claw -Darkmoon Eye -Darkmoon Rabbit (S/S) -Death Adder Hatchling (P/P and S/S) -Disgusting Oozeling -Dragon Kite -Droplet of Y'shaarj (P/P) -Ethereal Soul-Trader -Festival Lantern -Gregarious Grell -Hyacinth Macaw -Landro's Lil' XT -Living Fluid -Moon Moon (S/S) -Pygmy Direhorn -Purple Puffer -Rocket Chicken -Rotten Little Helper -Ruby Droplet (H/H) -Son of Animus These and all other pets I have are for sale, so feel free to add me at Luminarium#6257 to discuss. I also have a Teebu's Blazing Longsword on Thaurissan, which is open to serious offers.Luminariûm2 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Value of Spineclaw Crab? Anyone have a good idea of it's normal gold value? I'm certain it varies from server to server. I'm just looking for some general ideas.Darmand10 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Thundering Serpent Hatchling Looking for a guild that has unlocked the thundering serpent hatchling and would let someone come in as an alt and rep grind to get it I saw there was a couple but they didn't update past may 2013 and its now Jan 2014 :)Desïre2 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 WTB / WTT for SS Gilnean Raven... Like the title says, I'm looking for an S/S Gilnean Raven, I have gold on Illidan or pets to trade on any server. Add my b-tag: shankmcgank#1326 Hope to hear from you :)Shankmcgank10 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Looking to trade my dandelion frolicker Looking to trade my dandelion frolicker for other timeless isle pets. Please leave a note here if interested. *Doesn't matter what realm, since pets are account bound. Sincerely, Deadcircle.Deadcircle0 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Problem with pet..... I made a Rascal-Bot. I leveled it to 7 and tried to sell it in the AH last night. This morning I pulled it to level it some more but every time I try to put it back in my journal I get a message saying I can't add this to my account. I can mail it to other toons and can put it in the AH but I can't relearn it. Anyone have any idea what is wrong? I've tried logging out but that didn't do anything.Snizard2 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Darkmoon rabbit for trade I have a rabbit for trade. He isn't S/S and I'm at work right now and don't remember what breed he is exactly. If interested post offers. Also taking offers on any of my pets they may not all be so rare but why not. Claw isn't for trade though sorry.Peelforheals4 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Bought Blue pet but it opened up Green I bought a level 1 Sapphire cub from another player. It showed to be Blue when we traded, and when it was in my bag. When I clicked on it to add it to my pet journal, it turned into a Green level pet. What happened?Littlebelle8 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 RNG in Battle Pet Battles (why it is bad) Random Number Generator (RNG) is the great equalizer in World of Warcraft. It is the fundamental tool that developers employ to prevent total domination, to give us, the user, the guise of an ever changing world, and it inevitably buys the developer time, to create and develop new content. I can see why it’s used in every facet of the game, for the above reasons, but in Battle Pets RNG only has the power to de motivate, to un-inspire and leads us to criticize the overall experience at every chance. Predicting the future while playing World of Warcraft is a suede science at best, but predicting the future in Battle pets is far easier. This reason for this is random variables are much less random during pet battles against other players. Take for instance a player versus player scenario (PVP) multiple things can happen in any given second that can have a direct or indirect impact on the next 1 second of game play, which would then have a direct or indirect impact on the third second, creating an scenario that for the most part is entirely unforeseeable, although we can generalize, and often we are pretty accurate. In battle pets, it is fairly easy to mathematically equate the end result before it even happens, given the three pets and their three different moves. We could if we really cared to, employee linier programming to find the maximum value for each move given such a short list of variables that are being input into the process, because Battle Pets is turn based. This means that there is always a correct and an incorrect way to play each match, and a correct and incorrect way to play each move, if the desired outcome was to win. When RNG it imputed into this process, it can drastically disrupt the process to the point where those correct moves now become incorrect, and entirely unforeseeable. The only correct choice is therefore pretending that RNG doesn’t exist and hope it doesn’t negatively affect you in return. I equate this to the following example. Two football teams are playing a game, both are well trained and well coached, but there is a sniper in a clock tower across the street. That sniper may decide to take off the back of your running backs head, or may miss trying. He may decide to go on a break, or to turn on his own team, you won’t ever know. What you do know is that he is there and any given play, his can strike. His actions or the threat of his actions could drastically change the course of the game, and at the end there is no real way of telling who really is the better team, who really has the better players, or who really is better coached and more prepared, because the sniper wields so much power in this process. This leads to how RNG ruins the PVP battle pet system. Let’s say you have a good team, it’s not the best out there, and there will be hard counters to it, but you will also do well for yourself, with that being said. Let’s say you happen to go 50/50 over the course of an evening playing, the question should be posed, do you have a positive return on your investment for the time spent or do you have a loss in customer satisfaction and perceived value? This may sound speculative, but I assure you it isn’t because it’s entirely quantitative. If you won 5 games and lost 5 games, on average you will win 3 games because you had a better team, you played better, or didn’t make as many mistakes as your opponent. You will also lose 3 games for the above reasons, leaving a remainder of 4 games out of the 10 that account for 2 wins and 2 losses. Those 2 additional wins will have been awarded to you not based on your own merits, or on your skill to perform, or even a superior team, but rather because the sniper, RNG, handed you the win. You personally gain nothing from the experience other then adding 2 wins towards the progress of an achievement, nothing is learned from this experience, and it is in fact a waste of time, if the goal was to be better, and only slightly an increase if the goal was to simply win at any cost. The other 2 losses you received will be for the reason that RNG, the sniper, handed your opponent the victory, when you clearly should have won. Through this process its borderline grieving. It’s much like the Seattle Seahawks catch in the end zone that the referees awarded, that caused the Packers to lose that game last year, when it was pretty obvious to everyone involved it wasn’t actually a catch at all. I’m from Seattle and I want them to win every game, but they should have lost that particular game. This kind of experience will surely reduce customer satisfaction significantly.Dakari46 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 19, 2014 Sigh So how many of you have been mid pet battle, rare captured, with one pet left to kill before you get it, and someone swoops down and kills you. and then the rare is gone forever and everHeckran19 Jan 19, 2014
Jan 19, 2014 MPPM: Rabid Nut Varmint 5000 It's nimble, makes squeaky sounds when its tail wags, and smells like burning oil and rabies! What more could you want out of a mechanical pet? My hope is you didn't "capture" one by finding it inside your chest cavity, but share with everyone what you think! How does this little guy hold up in a battle?Crithto14 Jan 19, 2014
Jan 19, 2014 Celestial Tournament Help Hello All, I was hoping someone would be awesome enough to take a look at the Pet Collection I have and make a quick Celestial Tournament guide for me, with the pets that I have. I've just returned after 5 months and the problem is i'm quite busy with work (reason why I left for a while in the first place), anyways, it would help me greatly, so I can just log in later and apply it directly. Appreciate any help, Thanks,Shootitup8 Jan 19, 2014
Jan 19, 2014 Looking for a Droplet of Y'Shaarj (Completed) Willing to trade pets. Have about every pet possible in the game. Breed is not an issue or level just want to get my hands on this pet. The problem is they aren't on my server unless it is priced at 30k plus which is crazy.Kefkã1 Jan 19, 2014
Jan 19, 2014 Pet Battle Dailies I'm trying to figure out which Pet Battle dailies give XP and can be turned in without talking to the NPC ( I remember the one near Goldshire being doable to that end, however it now requires me to talk to said NPC).Arilith2 Jan 19, 2014
Jan 19, 2014 Pet Problems. Good morning Pet lovers. at the moment im trying to grind out some pvp battle achvs. every battle i enter i see these outstanding pets that i dont have. i am using (for a rough team) Rabid Nut Varmint 50 (Rare) Nordrassil Wisp (Rare) Kun-Lai Runt (Uncommon) every guide that i read or use suggests using some pet i dont or cant obtain. is there a pet team for the every day random pet batlerKodekkz4 Jan 19, 2014
Jan 18, 2014 Celestial tournament lineup Hey guys, Working on getting pets leveled to have a chance in the celestial tournament. I know I'm no where near done but was hoping to get some insight on pets to level or buy/capture. Right now I have some beast, undead and elemental stones I could use for upgrades but not sure what to use them on yet :) I have also been trying to use some guides but tend to get overwhelmed with the amount of info they present such as breeds, speeds, immunities and identical move sets... I have been using warcraftpets and pet tracker in game addon to help on finding wild pets but still feel my list is lacking Also, I've read that you are unable to heal pets during the tournament. Does that mean you need 3 pets for each boss? Like I shouldn't expect to use say my sunreaver on one boss and the same one for another? I would need two level 25 sentries if that was my strategy correct? Please correct me if I am wrong! I just want to be prepared:) Any help is much appreciatedLanorala10 Jan 18, 2014
Jan 18, 2014 WTT Red/Blue/White Carps Looking to trade my carps for pets of similar value. The value will need to be at Blackhand auction rates. I would be using undermine to determine worth. (I more sell than collect, so any arguement about omg but this is so much rarer and blahblah will be ignored. Aside from that the 'ultra rare' list from warcraft pets list red carp ranked at 28th or so.) Anywho, I'm fairly open to trades, willing to consider duplicates and bundle trades. Feel free to hit me up on here or realid between 2-10pm CST. Johneh#1403 Thanks.Xcell4 Jan 18, 2014
Jan 18, 2014 LFR Pets I was wondering since LFR will not be available for 85-90 content does that mean the current pets that drop from those raids will be removed as well? Since Raiding with Leashes I and II were introduced you were able to run old raids to obtain pets. However, pets like Gooey Sha-ling only drop in LFR and Droplet of Y'Shaarj is flex+. When running this raids in the future will it only drop Droplet of Y'Shaarj?Petrova1 Jan 18, 2014
Jan 18, 2014 Fastest way to level pets Hi!! I am wondering what the fastest way to level a pet is =D. I want to start leveling more of mine to 25 =(Saelwynne10 Jan 18, 2014
Jan 18, 2014 Others leveling your pets What do people usually charge to level your pets from 1 - 25?Bellaura2 Jan 18, 2014
Jan 18, 2014 Two Unborn Val'kyrs both rare diff HP I have two Unborn Val'kyrs both captured in Crystal Song Forest. 1 was captured as an uncommon, the other as a common, both upgraded to rare with battle-stones Stats on 1st one: HP/Power/Speed 1806/276/227 Stats on 2nd one: HP/Power/Speed 1562/292/244 What's up with that?Moobster6 Jan 18, 2014
Jan 18, 2014 Any plans on expanding trades? Heya! Been a while since I looked into the pet battles thing so sorry if this has been brought up a bunch. But currently only certain pets can be traded, none of which are ones which can be captured in the wild. Anyone know if Blizz ever planned on allowing us to trade captured pets too? Just wondering because I think it would be pretty cool to sponsor tournaments and have rare pets as prizes, but having to purchase them with real money or spend a relatively long time attaining arch pets kinda puts a damper on me wanting to organize such an event.Burkek0 Jan 18, 2014
Jan 18, 2014 Recomendation please Hello, im pretty new to the whole pet battling experience, and although i didnt really consider it an attraction from MoP i said to myself: "Oh well i'll give it a try before the expansion finishes", and let me tell you so far im having a blast. Oh well, my question is pretty simple, i just got 2 uncommon pets from the Isle of thunder: Thundertail Flapper and an Electrified Razortooth; and I have 1 Flawless Elemental Battle-StoneSo what pet do you think its better to use it on, please note that both pets are lvl 23Farsa4 Jan 18, 2014
Jan 18, 2014 Brew-pup, Soul of the Aspect, etc -comps Hey folks, how we doing today? So, I'm kinda new to this pet battle thing and I am a little disappointed at the pet store. Some of the pets I do love it and use it a lot, but some of them, from what I've seem in www.warcraftpets.com are not worth at all in my opinion, so I was hoping maybe you all would be able to help me out on this one? The pets from the pet store that I don't think will be worth buying are: Soul of the Aspects Moonkin Hatchling Cinder Kitten Cenarion Hatchling Also, I am having a hard time finding a good PvP team for my Brew-Pup. I love the pet, but can't find a way to fit him well... Could someone with more experience give a insight and if they're actually worth buying? Thank you very much, Choan.Choan5 Jan 18, 2014
Jan 18, 2014 WTT: Dragon Kite for Soul-Trader/Spectral Cub Looking to trade a level 25 Dragon Kite for another TCG pet, preferably a Soul-Trader Beacon or a Spectral Tiger Cub. If you are interested in making a trade add me on btag and we can hook up, jaichim#1611.Jaichim5 Jan 18, 2014
Jan 18, 2014 Unborn Val vs Unborn Val bug.... Ive had this happen 3 times today. I have an H/H unborn val'kyr and i go against another H/H val'kyr. We both happen to use haunt on the same turn. All 3 times their haunt goes off, hits my val'k, theirs dies. Then mine casts haunt and instead of missing, the spell effect 'hits' a death target, my val'k PERMENTANTLLY dies, and theirs revives before the round is even over..... Fix plz.Chitora24 Jan 18, 2014
Jan 17, 2014 My list of pet battle changes I am listing most of the abilities I could find that fit under certain categories to show just how widespread I think these problems are, and how many pets they affect. Section 1: Common Sense and Bug Fixes Split attacks should count as multiple attacks. (Blitz, Lash, Spark, Flurry, Tongue Lash, Flank, Thrash, Rend, Batter, Quills, Fire Quills, Slicing Winds, Triple Snap, U-238 rounds) Each individual hit from these attacks should remove charges from decoy, bubble, dam, spirit ward, etc. As it stands, a Spirit Ward (which blocks a single attack) will actually block the entire move, regardless of how many attacks it was supposed to perform. Abilities that always go first should always go first. (Quick Attack, Surge, Charge, Rush, Deflection, Trihorn Charge, Restoration, Love Potion, Righteous Inspiration) These should not do weird speed modifications, but should simply go first. Moreover, certain moves such as Deflection and Love Potion should go first even against attackers with higher speed and surge or quick attack. If my Anubisath Idol is faster than your Direhorn, and we're both weak, and I know you're going to Trihorn Charge, I should be able to hit deflection and survive to kill you next round. This didn't happen in a match I was in the other day. 50% hit chance should mean 50% hit chance. (Demolish, Instability, Moth Balls, Nocturnal Strike, Egg Barrage, Belly Slide, Banana Barrage, Haymaker, Blood in the Water, Blingtron Gift Package, Cataclysm, Spectral Strike, Spectral Spine, Horn Attack) All of these abilities have more of a 70-80% hit chance, making them more powerful than they should be, or appear to be. Extra note: as instability is good against magic, and magic cannot take more than 35% of their health in one shot, I find it weird that this ability and not the any of the others hits harder and has a one round cooldown (though yes the cooldown is because it hits harder). Anything that always hits should always hit. (Deep Freeze, Nocturnal Strike, Blood in the Water, Lazer, Focus, Surge of Light, Spectral Strike) These abilities claim to, under certain conditions, always hit, but don't. Nocturnal Strike can miss because of Darkness (the very ability designed to make it always hit). Deep Freeze's freeze can miss because the ability itself has a miss chance -- if the target is chilled that hit chance should go to 100% as well. Lazer is clearly designed to always hit, with its 200% hit chance. It should be a counter to dodge pets like rabbits. The only things that should stop these abilities are blocks (of which burrow and dive abilities should be). Abilities that do extra damage should not do extra hits. (Tail Sweep, Alpha Strike, Psychic Blast, Counterstrike, Comeback, Pounce, Creeping Fungus, Maul, Solar Beam, Early Advantage, Ice Lance, Maul, Conflagrate, Take Down, Smackthat.exe, Blast of Hatred, Call Lightning) These abilities should do one attack, not two. An ability like Alpha Strike should not have its damage reduced twice by an ability like Shell Shield, and Tail Sweep should not get benefit from Call Lightning twice. Special note on Call Lightning, I see no need for it to do its small bonus damage as mechanical; it should be combined with the previous attack. Having it hit an extra time causes it to double up with abilities like black claw or wild magic, which in turn causes other abilities like Tail Sweep to get a quadrupled benefit, which I don't think is really intentional. Removing objects should not trigger their effects. (Minefield, Booby-Trapped Presents, Magma Trap, Snap Trap versus Clean Up, Magma Wave, Tidal Wave) Using Sweep or Cleanse to remove these abilities should not trigger their damage or stun. These moves are intended to counter them, not trigger them early. Life drain abilities should drain equal to damage they deal. (Absorb, Leech Life, Consume, Siphon Life, Siphon Anima, Feed) Under certain circumstances that increase or decrease damage taken by the opponent, the healing aspect of these abilities does not always change in accordance. The healing should always equal the damage, whether or not it is more or less. Consume Corpse This ability should be useful once per corpse, not once per pet per corpse, or once per pet death (in the case of the Val'kyr dying multiple times). I have no personal experience with this, but I have heard that it is broken in some way, so I added it to the list.Celesse77 Jan 17, 2014
Jan 17, 2014 Leveling pets fast to 25? Ok so right now I have around 11 pets at 25 I want to level more but it just takes so long! Currently I use a Feline Familiar and a Moth, both rare and level 25 in Valley of the Fourwinds with the pet I want to level. In addition I use the Zookeeper hat. Is there any faster alternative to this?Sheelly48 Jan 17, 2014
Jan 17, 2014 Unique Pets for Sale I love to hunt them but I don't really use them much. I figured I'd come here and offer up a few pets that I'm looking to sell to those of you who love to battle or collect. :) -Son of Animus -Ruby Droplet -Jadefire Spirit -Ominous Flame These are up for purchase (reasonable offers) or trade. (There are a very few rare pets I'd like to get my hands on for unique-value.) Please find me in game or send me a whisper/mail and we can talk. I'll check back here as well. Happy hunting and battling to you all!Sunekael6 Jan 17, 2014
Jan 17, 2014 Any chance we'll see....... Heals crit in the future?Jozzaak5 Jan 17, 2014
Jan 17, 2014 Need some pets leveled If anyone has the time to level up a few pets for me that'd be awesome. I am paying in gold. My work schedule has been out of control lately and I don't have the time to log in and level pets. So hit me up in game and name the price. Unseen#1623Mageyewlook3 Jan 17, 2014
Jan 17, 2014 Guide to getting Xu-Fu, Cub of Xuen Hi, ive been doing pet battles alot recently and i cant get this pet, i tried the cel tournament but i had to do it about 10 times to actually get past the 3 bosses and then i got to the part when u gota fight the 4 cels which, well im completely screwed.Would any1 have a guide to get Xu-Fu plz ?Shadowrune17 Jan 17, 2014
Jan 17, 2014 WTT SS Darkmoon Rabbit. Level 25, taking offers.Pupsalot1 Jan 17, 2014
Jan 17, 2014 Cannot engage Grazzle the Great I've read a thread here and a few on Wowhead that suggest that an alliance toon cannot complete the Kalimdor trainers quest. The odd thing is that I was able to engage the trainer in Feralas, but cannot engage Grazzle in Duskwallow. The questgiver is the pet traininer in SW which seems even more odd if the Kalimdor half is supposed to be for Horde only. Can someone make sense of this for me?Haflaga4 Jan 17, 2014