Pet Battles

Nov 16 World quest mini rant World quest dailies for the trainers is disappointing. I'm so hopeful at each days reset to see at least a couple of actual trainers to be able to advance through Family Familiar. Today there are none. Yesterday there was one. This seems to be happening a lot. I wish we could count on at least one per day. Is RNG is the new normal then? Pet battling has always been based on a static set of trainers so I guess this is just something we have to with deal now. Earlier in the expansion there seemed to be more of the "real" trainers more often. Should that return it would make me very happy so I'm hopeful everyday. Anyway.... just a little rant to the folks who might understand my frustration.Rexann1 Nov 16
Nov 16 Returning pet battler, where to start? So I pet battled a fair amount back in MoP, when it was first introduced, but stopped shortly after WoD launched. Now after years of not doing it Id like to try and get back into it, only problem being I have no idea where to begin. Any ideas?Malathin4 Nov 16
Nov 16 Pet Battle World Quests? *edit* Found the answer to this question too. Apparently I didn't have the option turned on, on the world map. I love pet battles and all things pet, (well maybe minus pvp pet battles /killmenow) anyway, the world quest pet battles do not show up for me and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. This was the -one- thing I was most looking forward to when I hit 110 and unlocked world quests (which I unlocked yesterday) my husband has had to direct me to them because they show up on his maps... any ideas? *edit* found the answer to my other question.Pinque0 Nov 16
Nov 15 Facorsaur quests problems. I'm trying to do the Team Up part of the quest chain. I carefully summon the falc of choice. I put it in the battle team. I make sure it does something in the battle. I make sure it doesn't die. I win the battle. And the falcorsaur has either de-spawned or I simply don't get credit. I know this works because I've been successful with a few of them. Is it just certain World Quests that count or something? My last one to not work was Mana Tap in Suramar. I was successful with Beasts of Burden but not with The Wine's Gone Bad. Anyone else having problems?Rexann16 Nov 15
Nov 15 Haunt/Consume is (not) bugged. But it is broken. And, yes, there is a difference. "Corpses can only be consumed once" The tooltip clearly states. 1)Haunt 2)Grave Destruction 3)Consume Corpse 4)Swap to Teroclaw and stall 5)Swap to Kid/Soul and Haunt 6)Repeat steps 1 thru 5 Am I the only one who would love to see this loophole changed? A corpse is a corpse is a corpse. Once and only once.Brawler2 Nov 15
Nov 15 New pet trainer in 7.1 - Crysa Located at 63, 35 in Northern Barrens. Or south of Nozzlepot's Outpost (just beyond the mountain-ish area on the world map) if you don't have coordinates. She's up on a ridge in a small campsite. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=115286/crysa She gives a daily account-wide quest. Rewards a bag that has a chance to drop the new Albino Buzzard pet. Crysa has 3 level 25 epic pets - Cherry, Swoop, and Buzz Friendly to both Horde and Alliance.Quintessence22 Nov 15
Nov 15 Restless Shadeling Why is this pet not spawning at Mid'night server time?Talthanis5 Nov 15
Nov 15 Shiny Mountain Cottontail are back! Hello there! Though my last thread here didn't get much notice ( http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20742916538 ) perhaps this one will bring you brighter news! When doing the quest Hunting Lesson: Felspider for my Bloodgazer Hatchling, Grape Juice, I teamed the cute falcosaur with two of my rabbits. One of them happened to be my first shiny Mountain Cottontail, which was caught before Legion, and shows up in my pet battle journal as a golden rabbit. However, when summoned or brought into a pet battle it does not show up as the gold model, but will appear as a random variation of any of the Mountain Cottontail possibilities. And then there she was. In my pet battle my original shiny Mountain Cottontail showed up very different from my other rabbits. She was shiny and all silver, from its fur to its eyes to the inside of its ears. I excitedly headed out to Redridge Mountains, looked around, and there they were! The shiny Mountain Cottontails were back! I looked around some more, and you can catch the unique skin again! I promptly sought out an S/S breed to add to my collection of rabbits, upgraded her with one of my many spare Flawless Battle-Training Stones, and tomorrow when I get a Ultimate Battle-Training Stone from my Snowfeather Hatchling's Teamwork Lesson: Ursoc I'll toss that onto my new silver bunny to get her up to 25. I hope you enjoy this news, and have fun out there!Amadis1 Nov 15
Nov 15 What We've Been Training For Why can't this quest be offered in Dalaran at the Magical Menagerie? There is Breanni, Dreamus, and Lio the Lioness there who all sell pets and related stuff. Also the Horde equivalent. I don't like wasting hearthing/teleporting around the world just to get or turn-in the quest in Pandaria or Stormwind. Seem illogical.Tukwilla1 Nov 15
Nov 15 Pet Battle World Quests too difficult I consider myself a kind of "pet hobbiest" in that I do pet battles when they're around and they seem like they'll be fruitful to complete (eg capturing a pet I don't have), but even though I have a few dozen level 25s and have beaten a few Master / Grand Master pet tamers I find myself unable to succeed in even a single pet battle world quest. I'll be the first one to admit that I don't know which pets are OP and which aren't, or what strategies are good, etc, however I do pick pets that will take reduced damage or deal bonus damage, but even then I have yet to win a single pet battle world quest. Now, I'm sure the pet battle enthusiasts here will tell me to "get good" or whatever, but when compared being able to complete any other WQ in the game it doesn't seem right for them to be seemingly impossible to complete for new players. I would love to be able to do them and enjoy them, but instead find them to be frustrating and am completely discouraged from attempting them any time I see them. Even as a fresh 110 with 780 gear, non-pet battle WQs are a breeze to complete, but pet battles a) often take more time to complete a single battle and b) have such a high difficulty in comparison that it completely turns me off to them altogether. I don't care that there is difficult content for pet battles, but the fact that it seems to be such a huge gap between being able to complete a pet battle and do a single WQ for them turned me from a hobbiest to someone who avoids them like the plague.Mjollner49 Nov 15
Nov 14 Falcosaur Pet Quests Hey Blizzard, the Falcosaur pet quest chain is a great idea. You actually got me to want to do things with pets. Aside from the fact that it feels like 4 daily quests that make you sometimes do multiple more daily quests, it does feel like I am making my way to something and is a challenge I think a lot of people might skip which makes it more appealing to me. What makes me not want to do it are the quests to go kill 3 of <insert pet here>. For example, I am currently trying to do the quest with my snowfeather hatchling to kill 3 spiketail beavers. I am fine going to a specific location to try to kill a pet. But where are they? I have been out here for 25 mins and have only found 1 of them! I have 3 emmissary quests to catch up on after raiding the past few days, 30 world quests to catch up on, a daily heroic and 2 dungeon world quests to do as well as trying to get in mythic + at some point. I can't be spending 25 mins waiting for a stupid beaver to spawn! Oh and i have 2 of my other falcosaur pets that need to kill 3 of <insert>. Please just throw out some beaver so we can move on!Korlach2 Nov 14
Nov 14 So they nerfed the 40 dollar murkies Curious- Why give it a strictly worse version of Decoy, anyway? Imo it should at least be replaced with a pretty good ability even if the last one was broken..Trivenom11 Nov 14
Nov 14 Hunting Lesson: Fledgling Kingfeather This... This is a cruel joke, right? Like, when I get up there, the quest will be removed from my log and replaced with something more realistic, right? This is more evil than something like Hunting Lesson: Minfernal. Not only is this evil to mount collectors, this is evil to pet collectors. Kingfeathers are horribly rare (I camped mine for 18 hours :/), and now pet collectors have to compete with mount collectors who are going to outright KILL the Kingfeathers that do spawn for this quest. (I am going for both the mounts and as a pet collector who knows how hard these pets to get, this quest outrages me) For anyone unaware, one of the Falcosaur quests requires killing 3 Fledgling Kingfeathers with one of the Falcosaur Pets.Reinhilde21 Nov 14
Nov 14 Raiding with leashes IV - Looking to trade! Hello! I am looking for extra of the following to complete my collection. ANY BREED, I DO NOT CARE! Creeping Tenticle Drudge Ghoul I have the following extra for trade for the above mentioned! Soulbroken Whelpling x4 S/B ( only breed :P ) Ironbound Proto-Whelp x 2 H/B (both) G0-R41-0N Ultratonk x3 (unknown breeds EEEP!) Snaplasher x 3 B/B Blightbreath x1 B/B Dreadmaw x2 B/B Blood Boil x 1 (S/S or P/S, I am not sure what breed I will keep, I may keep both of these) Leave a post here, if you are interested, or add me on Bnet (Sucuri#1174) to trade! :D Will update as I get extras, or fill out missing ones on my own. If you are also looking for pets for this achievement and want to post your own trade here as well, feel free!Fateseer16 Nov 14
Nov 14 Dryad Pets I'm making this post out of complete hope that we can get a Dryad companion, because I really like them, but the only time I really get to even see them is when I go to my class hall. Is this a rare thing to want? I hope not, I would love for them to be introduced as companions.Redorus2 Nov 14
Nov 14 Increase Battle Pet Limit Blizz. Please increase the limit on battle pets.Kithanderous10 Nov 14
Nov 14 Falcosaur Pet collection is full bug? I went to do the world quest for the Bloodgazer Hatchling pet. Killed the Matriarch. Found the orphan. Fed the orphan. Nothing. I googled, and found that if my pet tab is maxed, I would lose the chance to get the pet on this toon. I think that is what happened. I checked and I had 1002/1000 pets at the time. Not sure how that is possible ... I released some pets and am under 1000 now. Will this toon have a chance to feed the orphan again? or is it not possible for this toon to get the Bloodgazer Hatchling pet ever now? Anyone know? This is what I read in a guide: *WARNING: If your pet collection is FULL and you try to complete the feeding, you will NOT learn the pet, and it will be lost to you. People have sent in many bug reports about this issue, and are being told the GMs cannot help them. I do not know if making room, and trying again on an alt will work or not for trying again to collect it.*Magdasearu2 Nov 14
Nov 13 Heliosus bugged? dps the pet down and doesn't change to egg. he automatically pops to full health and in bird form right away. anyone else experiencing similar issues with the pet battle?Fuzzygrundel5 Nov 13
Nov 13 Pet Battles iPhone App After using the WoW Legion Companion, I was truly blown away by it's user interface and the actual functionality of managing tasks that you don't need to be logged in to do. I remember when Pet Battles were introduced in Cataclysm and how its popularity exploded. I think it exceeded Blizzard's expectations. There was talk then to create an "offline" mobile version to allow users to enjoy PvP anytime, anywhere. The Legion Companion proves that Blizzard has the skills and technology to create this app. I really hope they do it. The Pet Battle system hasn't changed through 2 additional expansions. It's mature and solid and needs no major update. The next logical step is to move it to mobile with PvE type dailies and unlimited PvP.Tukwilla24 Nov 13
Nov 13 Bloodgazer Team up Bugs So I have won numerous WQ pet battles using my bloodgazer as part of the team and he doesnt die and I only receive credit maybe 20% of the time. Very frustrating since this is a long timegated questline and Id like to move through it as quickly as possible. Any tips?Iresistabull4 Nov 13
Nov 13 Blood Boil Pet Changes As of Nov 7 I noticed that the Blood Boil Pet no longer has split. Does anyone know why? I wasn't really able to find any kind of patch notes or anything on the change.Beetlejuiced6 Nov 13
Nov 13 Bird day nerfed? Did the exp from the three birds in the garrison get nerfed at some point? I tried doing the daily with a low lvl pet, and it's only getting 173 exp from the battle.Kurogasa2 Nov 13
Nov 13 Misreading Nocturnal and Spectral Strike? Edit: Nevermind, I figured out why. I didn't realize that Elemental pets didn't actually get Blinded by weather effects. ------------------------------ Nocturnal Strike and Spectral Strike both say "Always hits if the target is Blinded." I have had both abilities miss now multiple times after casting Call Darkness. Is there some reason these abilities should miss while the weather is Darkness?Planeshaper0 Nov 13
Nov 13 Official "most unique pets" listing? Is there any such thing? Any website that pulls data from the armory and gives a reliably solid list of who has the most unique pets per server/faction/US or EU, etc?Specula15 Nov 13
Nov 12 One Goblin's Journey So, it's been quite a while since I've Pet Battled, but I figured I would take my ol' favorite team for a spin and see how I do in the current meta. Some things have changed; many familiar faces and a few powerful newcomers on the scene, but for the most part, strategies haven't changed terribly over the couple years I've been on hiatus. I win some; I lose some. Pretty sure we all know that feel. I'm certainly not the best, but I like to think that I at least keep my opponents on their toes. : ) Noticed that one of my pet addons now tracks W/L/D record, so I thought I'd go ahead and chronicle my misadventures here in a thread. This is absolutely NOT a brag thread; more an experiment in how what was once a strong team during MoP fares today. I'll keep it updated at intervals, perhaps w/ notes on some of the stronger teams I'm seeing in the meta. Some of you battlers enjoy coming up w/ new team combos (and I do this as well), but my real joy is being able to take a single team and tailor my strategies using it to take on all comers. Of course, that doesn't always work out so well for me in a game mostly based around hard counters, lol. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SO, my first 50 recorded battles using this team ended up as: 41 Wins, 7 Losses, 2 Draws (82% win rate) http://i.imgur.com/tdXgDjP.png 3 of my losses came from a pairing of Teroclaw Hatchling and Ghastly Kid (truth be told, either of these can more or less hard counter my whole team, so the pair is basically kryptonite). I picked up a couple from triple Bone Serpent, but I won this matchup more often than not, as it's a 1-trick pony. Still, Undeads hurt me pretty badly, and my 2 Draws came from this team. And the last 2 losses came specifically from bad predictions on my part, which I can live w/. I tend to love these moments, as they remind me of that scene from Princess Bride where Vizzini and Wesley have the cup of poison. I usually err on the side of risk, as the majority of opponents I face won't second-guess me. Pretty fun 50, all in all! Will update this post after another 25-50. : )Triggers7 Nov 12
Nov 12 Leveling with Pet Battles vrs Legion So, my stable is in dire need of training with the new Legion Achievement. And the MOP trainer circuit gives pretty decent exp. My one concern, what's going to happen if I end up leveling an alt to 110? Did anyone go to 110 via pet battles and what was it like trying to catch up on the artifact/zone quests?Vhale11 Nov 12
Nov 12 Raiding with Leashes IV FinishedOffline1 Nov 12
Nov 12 5.3: where is our stunted yak battle pet? :( Where is it Blizzard? Where is our tiny yak of pet smashing goodness? With its wee legs and horns and multitude of ram-style attacks, chasing along behind us with the already-adorable yak animation speed up x10 to accommodate the tiny size? :(Jaecelynn3 Nov 12
Nov 12 completely new I am completely new to pet battles. I only have around 25-30pets all from a few drops. And a few catches, but they are all level 1. Is there quick way to level some? I want to be able to do some of those world quests.Brañdon1 Nov 12
Nov 11 120% Catch fail? So I just failed to capture a frog after throwing 4 prestine traps... http://imgur.com/a/XaXNu http://imgur.com/a/9VVml Is this because the pet healed? I've caught pets that have burrows/dodged/healed so I never assumed the counter reset. Edit: Thanks for the explanation Alkavar!Evè1 Nov 11
Nov 11 Baby Elderhorn http://www.wowhead.com/item=136919/baby-elderhorn#comments incase anyone did the pet battle today in high mountain. its so cute! :) second i saw that for todays WQ pet battle i had to find out what it is new goal is to get revered with high mountain tribe :)Scattonzil0 Nov 11
Nov 11 Question about the drudge ghoul I've heard that the drudge ghoul only drops from normal lk and not heroic. Is this true?Dru27 Nov 11
Nov 11 I need a hug! 42 runs of yogg-saron since patch 7.1 and no creeping tentacle T_______________TMagebynight8 Nov 11
Nov 11 Trapping woes I have done all of the old achievements (nearly all). I have the best trap you can get- and it still takes me 4+ attempts (usually) to trap pets. The old initial trap took me 4+ attempts... wasn't this ultra special trap supposed to be an improvement?Deydrania4 Nov 11
Nov 11 Problem with upgrading to lvl 3 Menagerie So, on one of my alts while I had a level 1 Menagerie I accidentally bought the lvl 3 plans and learned them. Realizing my error when the upgrade option wasn't available I immediately bought, learned and set the menagerie moving along to lvl 2. Now, when I come back and think I can instantly upgrade the menagerie to lvl 3, it says "you don't have the plans". For a moment I think that I may have been forgetful and buy a lvl 3 plan again, but it won't let me learn it saying "you already learned this plan". Now I'm stuck in this loop and unable to upgrade the menagerie to lvl 3. Any ideas on what to do ?Beerhaus3 Nov 11
Nov 10 Okrut Dragonwaste Bugged I don't know if this would be better in the bug support forums but anyway: -When his pets die they come back to life and have 3 turns in a row -He never misses, yet I miss every other ability even if it's a 100% hit chance -Even when his pets don't die they seem to be able to go twice or three time in a row. -Uses abilities when they should be on cooldown.Skillcapped13 Nov 10
Nov 10 Qiraji Guardling So various sources are noted as saying this pet will start spawning as of June 21st. Recently however there have been reports of this being changed to March 21st (The day after Snowy Owl now stops spawning) I read this on wowhead, but it does make a little bit of sense, 6 months of each pet being up. I want to know if anyone has heard this because I am unable to find a credible source.Tacosucks8 Nov 10
Nov 9 Haha Legionnaire Murky And the forums thought pre-nerf Murkalot was bad. This pet is ridiculous.Awkward64 Nov 9
Nov 9 The Crazy Cat Guy Crazy Cat Lady is one of my favorite titles for gals, but guys get screwed. Nothing sounds worse than "Crazy Cat Man". This would at least be a big improvement.Wikipedia13 Nov 9
Nov 9 Getting rid of a summon pet battle pet I'm walking around with a penguin after I summoned it. How do you get rid of it? I mean I don't want to have the creature walking around with me. ThanksKielle5 Nov 9
Nov 8 Celestial Tournament - so depressed After years of off and on WoW and pet battling and finally collecting over 600 pets and getting all the safaris I finally sat down to go to the Celestial Tournament. I'm more into collecting than battling so I kinda avoided it. I looked up strats, levelled all necessary pets and entered........only to find all the basic mechanics for defeating celestials have been nerfed in Legion. I am so depressed. All i need is one more cat pet and that only one is xu-fu and now I can't be a crazy cat lady. Does anyone have any CURRENT legion guide to defeating the celestials? I am so depressed that all the time I put in this week to leveling pets was wasted cuz of some random nerfs. thanksOtravez9 Nov 8
Nov 8 Firebat Pup, Friends, Not Food mission??? Has anybody had any luck with this mission appearing? I really want my Firebat Pup already. I have 3 110's doing order hall missions daily and still have not seen it appear. Just hoping to confirm it's actually working as intended and not bugged/broken so if you have the pet please reply. *This is not the pre-legion event pet, this is a new pet only from an Order Hall mission.Mokra6 Nov 8
Nov 8 Pet Battle Dungeon. http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/ ... Exciting.Renotarshil23 Nov 8
Nov 7 What's in a Name Tried to rename my Bombay Cat to Black Cat and wow gives me an error telling me it's an inappropriate language name. What am I missing here? Seems a little too stringent on naming conventions or the algorithm isn't very good.Maulmorek4 Nov 7
Nov 7 Yogg-Saron finally wins Insanity descends as 18 runs go by with no pet. Madness looks fun looking in, but on this side, it just hurts. I had other things I wanted to do 7.1 …Abyssa57 Nov 7
Nov 7 Graves - Requirement Opinion? Out of curiosity, does anyone else wonder why Graves requires significantly more effort in HotS than other cross-game rewards require in their respective games? Lady Liadrin in Hearthstone - Reach Level 20 in WoW - Takes about two hours of playing. Hearthsteed - Win 3 games in "Play" or "Arena" mode in Hearthstone. - Takes again, another 2 hours, unless you're lucky. Whereas Graves. - Reach level 20 in Heroes of the Storm. I played HotS for a week, about 8 hours a day, and reached only level 12. And that was with the boosted exp. At that point, Legion came out and I was bored to death with Heroes. I do not like that type of game. So, my question: Why is Graves such a hard to get reward from a cross-game reward, when the others are cakewalks in comparison? I understand a challenge, but I feel like Graves is unnecessarily evil. Level 10 would've been much more understandable. Does anyone else feel the same?Reinhilde8 Nov 7
Nov 7 Quick grinding spots in Legion? Hey all, just wondering what you guys have found for quick grinding areas in Legion for this week's event. I've been using my level 1 pet, Unborn Val'kyr for the 25% damage buff and then a beast in Highmountain. Lots of critters tend to pop up so I can get them down in 2 or 3 attacks. Any other good or quick spots you guys discover?Amína8 Nov 7
Nov 7 Please Raise the 1k cap Hey Blizz.... can we please get a higher cap than 1000..... with 890 pets possible (yes I'm including the euro/asian ones) that doesn't leave much wiggle roomKaycie1 Nov 7
Nov 7 New Hatchling pets Are the quests that you get with these new pets locked too one toon or can they be done with any of my toons on my battlenet account and are the achievements if any from them account wide? I like to use my druid now as she can sneak into areas without dragging tons of mobs around and having to kill before I do pet battles now...I use to use this hunter but now with lack of Camo I can't sneak in like I use too....and no I am not switching specs to have camo been a BM hunter for 10 yrs now...thanks for any info anyone can give me on these new pets.Moused2 Nov 7
Nov 6 Pet Battles & Pet dungeons Pet Battles & pet dungeons Can blizzard please release more information on this? It sounds like an interesting idea, is there any way you can further inform us on the situation regarding it PS, i dont care about pet battles, Legacy severs are coming back w00t!!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/5bia9a/alexensual_and_orcbit_petition_keep_legacy_united/ Are you unsubbing?Icuoverthere1 Nov 6