Pet Battles

Jul 11, 2015 What if your character was a BATTLE PET?! A friend was jokingly describing his warlock's abilities using pet battle terms, and that inspired me. What if your character was a battle pet? Here's Pommie in pet form: http://tinyurl.com/pet-pommieWhat would your character's abilities be? What about pet family? Breed? Quality? Etc.?Pommie22 Jul 11, 2015
Jul 11, 2015 Should I kill wild grey battle pets I am wandering around trying to capture a green/blue battle pet and come across a grey version of it. Should I flee and just blast the thing down so that it respawns or is the rarity only per person and I could be wiping a blue for someone else?Shadowgloom11 Jul 11, 2015
Jul 11, 2015 Is Shard Of Cyrukh A Tradeable Pet? According to Warcraft Pets.com, this pet is tradeable, however, you can only get this pet from completing A Garrison Campaign quest line. Since pets that are acquired through quest lines are un-tradeable (as far as I know), it leaves me to believe that Warcraft Pets might be incorrect in their assessment (Warcraft Pets also states that you can have 3 of these pets). Can anyone her provide a definitive answer? Thanks in advance to your response.Rastapasta5 Jul 11, 2015
Jul 11, 2015 So my Cinder Pup quest finally popped today. About 3 hours after I broke down and bought one on the AH, of course. It was all grayed out in my pet journal mocking me and the sadness was getting pretty real. sighTrafficz1 Jul 11, 2015
Jul 11, 2015 Pets Defending Garrison I was finishing a garrison campaign (the one when the giant chest is stolen) on an alt and when I was running back to my main hall there was an orc attacking the air. When I moved in closer I realized he was hitting one of my parched lizards. My lizard was holding his ground too! But I couldn’t allow him to further hurt my pet so I finished him off, lol. Curious has anyone else run into this phenomenon of pets defending the garrison?Ninjohko2 Jul 11, 2015
Jul 11, 2015 "Higher Learning" So I finally got this done tonight and for the life of me I can't think of a pet that was more annoying to get. It actually made me hate Dalaran. A city I previously loved..Trafficz17 Jul 11, 2015
Jul 10, 2015 selling pets: fosilized hatchling and others rocket reaver, sister of temptation, frigid frostling,Jawles5 Jul 10, 2015
Jul 10, 2015 Trading seaborne spore I am trading a seaborne spore for a corrupted nest guardian. If interested please contact me at Lloyd#1841Flaya1 Jul 10, 2015
Jul 10, 2015 Servant of Demidos Got an extra stoned 25 I'm having a hard time selling, anyone interested in trading for?Celtic0 Jul 10, 2015
Jul 10, 2015 The 1000 Pet Cap I have 987 unique pets and the cap is 1000 which means I can't collect anymore and there's 80 more I need. Blizzard can you change this?Nippon18 Jul 10, 2015
Jul 9, 2015 Default Collections Page Maybe I'm missing something, but I used to have my pet collection open up whenever I went to my collections tab. Now my Toy Box opens instead. It's a small thing and only a minor annoyance, though I sure would like to see pets first. Anyone else run across this?Darmand6 Jul 9, 2015
Jul 9, 2015 How many of you Didn't use a fishing bot to get your Blorp/Crab? Be honest..Trafficz23 Jul 9, 2015
Jul 9, 2015 Thanks for being you! I just wanted to say thank you to all the pet enthusiasts here in the Pet Battles forum for being mostly positive, fun, silly and constructive in most of the threads here. I just spent a good while in the General forum and, good god what an emotional drain that was. Its nice that I can come to this corner of the forums and read about our fun and breezy pastime without much drama, hyperbole or general nastiness. So to all you pet battlers and collectors I say, thanks for being you. =) <3 <3 <3 Edit - I almost forgot. Pet Battles Forum has Zepp. So... *thumbs up*Sternish13 Jul 9, 2015
Jul 9, 2015 DMF rage and vent (not that anyone cares). Hide pets behind minigame achives? Given that pets are a 'minigame' I can't complain. But the freaking slong back after a failed minizep run is SADISTIC. The RUN BACK takes longer than the RUN. May all the devs watch their loved ones stub their toes and be unhappy-like (as opposed to dying of fire or cancer or a MILLION OTHER THINGS). Srs. Give a port back to docks or nerf the thing. But that might cost a raid tier... KBKillbeard7 Jul 9, 2015
Jul 8, 2015 WTT Nightmare Bell for a Pet I Don't Have I have a level 1 Nightmare Bell from the Fel-touched supplies/ legendary pets in Tanaan. I can level it to 25 if necessary.Chyu2 Jul 8, 2015
Jul 8, 2015 We never got Gronnlings In the Pile with a tiny pitlord in the pile of Zunde's shattered dreamsZunde11 Jul 8, 2015
Jul 8, 2015 Need help from owners of Wind Rider cub Is this cub available on all of your characters or just one? Thank you! *edit (need to know if the one i just got is bugging out or intended)Rangérbecký2 Jul 8, 2015
Jul 8, 2015 Tanaan Legendaries are Screwing with my Head http://i.imgur.com/odvdcYN.jpg Note how the damage from Surge of Power is greater than the health of the enemy pet http://i.imgur.com/odvdcYN.jpg Fel Corruption reduces damage by 50%... http://i.imgur.com/XpxLHLA.jpg ...But my Dragonkin racial increases damage by 50%. http://i.imgur.com/wLraQlQ.jpg ...Buuuuut the enemy pet isn't dead.Nightelfbane2 Jul 8, 2015
Jul 7, 2015 I have a spare Nightmare Bell. Need Seaspore. Simple trade. Have an extra Nightmare Bell that isn't selling and haven't gotten the Seaspore from the satchel so let's make it happen captain. renotarshil#1516Renotarshil0 Jul 7, 2015
Jul 7, 2015 Disgusting Oozling's color & aura changed :( Blizzard why did you change one of my favorite pets color and the aura that it gave off? It was so cool having him for years running around looking green while he was out. I found this out yesterday and was sad when I got him out and this other guy did too and I noticed his Oozling was the same as mine. Really, why was this changed? It was fine the way it was. I don't know if I can get this pet out anymore, he's not the same as the original classic pet that he was. Please consider putting it back, I miss my old pet. Thank you.Andissa3 Jul 7, 2015
Jul 7, 2015 Biggest battlepet? So what is the biggest battlepet? I want one at least as big as me, which won't be too hard, considering I'm a gnome. Also Blizzard please make the Fossilized hatchling larger, I don't want to have to use magical pet biscuits all the time. While we're at it, what's the smallest battle pet?Creatrix17 Jul 7, 2015
Jul 7, 2015 Crimsonwing moth. I have been running around all the spawn points and reading threads for days and still have not come across one. There can not be that many people camping the spawn sites surely? I checked last night and there were only 3 horde in the zone and the other two were only level 93. I got my firefly in about 5 minutes. Wondering if anyone else has had the same problem getting the moth.Sassi5 Jul 7, 2015
Jul 7, 2015 AH pet search by 'usable' fixed in 6.2 Figured you guys would appreciate this - ... This is FIXED in 6.2! (... RIP my wallet) You can now search 'usable' in both the Battle Pets and Companion Pets sections and it will only show you pets you haven't learned at all. Undocumented change of the century. Thank you for finally implementing this!Starien6 Jul 7, 2015
Jul 7, 2015 Race MiniZep As this month's Darkmoon Faire begins, all you collectors out there don't forget that this pet is now available through the 'Big Rocketeer: Gold' achievement. Getting the achievement can be a bit tricky, but there are some pretty good guides on YouTube on how best to complete it. It took me about 45 mins of practicing and was able to get it. Best of luck to everyone!Sternish17 Jul 7, 2015
Jul 7, 2015 Serra's Quest I have avoided doing Serra's quest in the garrison because I don't know what pet to use that epic stone on. I've never really gotten very far on any of them so I don't know the better ones to focus on. I would say my favorite is the Phoenix Hatchling? Thoughts? Tips?Nasatoia1 Jul 7, 2015
Jul 7, 2015 Blazing firehawk! So close i can taste it.. Just 10 more MedallionsZunde19 Jul 7, 2015
Jul 7, 2015 I'd like to have a murloc pet. From the wild or something else that doesn't involve going to blizzcon. I know, I know, digital tickets but money is tight at times and I'd like to be able to get one thru in-game means. So Blizz, how about it? Wild Murloc battle pet!Renotarshil7 Jul 7, 2015
Jul 6, 2015 Pets Un-summon Between Sessions Very often, when logging-in, my pet is no longer summoned. Can this be fixed? Happens more often when logging to different character. Possibly more if mounted on log-out. Or if I change pet team on one character, then log to an alt. Thanks.Steeltoe0 Jul 6, 2015
Jul 6, 2015 Dear blizzard Dear Blizzard, I love this game, i really do. I am a raid leader casually pushing into heroic HFC and enjoying the time i spend with my raiders. in my off time i collect pets 693 unique. but what i would love is if you assigned a small team on nothing but pet battle stuff. What I mean to say is, I would love to not spend more time running to the fights then in the actual fights. i would love that you cant simply grab howlbomb and know you stand a good chance at winning. I would love if more pets were tied into winning against them then current. What I suggest is small towns (gyms) with 5-7 tamers with ONE epic pet each (custom to the town unobtainable or can be obtained only at rare level) and then 2 RANDOM pets (random per day not per fight so it is not luck based win) adds tied into a theme for that town (think pet families)and a main tamer person at the end sporting 1 legendary and 2 epic pets. with the Epic pet you could also make it random in a list with a smart AI (knowing not to heal when already at full HP, knowing how to avoid things like whirlpool or bomb.) You could also put in rules that you can not heal up until end Tamer is beaten. With this it does a few things, we dont have to spend more time running to the fight than actually fighting. The fights can not be 'cheesed' as in howlbombed through, you must understand not only what counters what in damage but what takes less damage against that family. I doubt I am the first to suggest this, I doubt I will be the last but change is good show love to your game in all aspects and your gamers will show love back.Enyalios3 Jul 6, 2015
Jul 6, 2015 Pets I will never get... Just looking for some advice or hope with coping knowing I will never get the following: Baby Blizzard Bear Spirit of Competition Vampiric Batling And from the looks of it Murkimus Why blizzard why. So few pets on this list. There needs to be a way to get them. Will they ever be recycled back into wow?? Edit: Just to be clear, I am not advocating the rerelease of CE/Blizzcon pets, as they are in fact, still available.Leathercream28 Jul 6, 2015
Jul 6, 2015 a little confuse with the trainers Hello i have a few question about the NPC petbattle trainers in WoW, i just startd geting into petbattle, then i notice some achivements like "An awfully big adventure" and I started to have some question so here there are i have found some of the trainers for this achivement but i cant figth them, it seems like a quest line is need it, i start the one in stormwind and i havent finished, but i cant figth them again, so who do i figth this guys more than ones for the achivement? they unlock later on after completing the quest line or something? this may be a realy dumb question, but i didt find any info on the internet about this except the fact that you can only figth them ones per account or something like that Thanks for the help!Amilar2 Jul 6, 2015
Jul 5, 2015 Summon random favorite pet This needs to be a thing. I want it to be a thing. It would save me so much action bar space.Girlrage2 Jul 5, 2015
Jul 5, 2015 Savage cub club Got mine after a long day of grind!I became exalted before i had enough claws.I'm so tired that I'll wait to level him tomorrow.Tormento10 Jul 5, 2015
Jul 5, 2015 Dark Gazer how i hate you. I cant get him. at allTonsofsneak26 Jul 5, 2015
Jul 5, 2015 Nethaera's Light wick exploding So I have the new Nethaera's Light pet and I have it out while I am in my Garrison and in town. I noticed that today (July 4th), every few minutes the wick would sputter like a firework wick and then explode like a firework. Has anyone else seen this?Oodilumiere0 Jul 5, 2015
Jul 5, 2015 What are your Battle Pet Names? I hope to see some pretty creative ones here. Some of my favorite ones are: Chronozdormu: an Infinite Whelpling Node: an Anodized Robo Cub Hydraxius: a Hydraling Stitchwerk: a Weebomination Moka: a Bat Felfang: a Fel Pup Icehorn: a Kun Lai Runt Hemotoxin: a Bloodsting Wasp and Froable: a Mud Jumper. ( Toads and frogs are some of my favorite animals, as well as bats and wolves.)Dorogg2 Jul 5, 2015
Jul 4, 2015 Is Bone Serpent the new FotM? The past 6 teams I have faced in pvp had at least one Bone Serpent. One of the teams even used three of different breeds. I wouldn't be surprised if it was FotM. All you have to use is Call of Darkness and Nocturnal Strike and then win.Chyu7 Jul 4, 2015
Jul 4, 2015 Quick? Lvl 1 Nightshade Sproutling Ive been searching the AH for an SS Nightshade for a couple months now. http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/elemental/sproutlings/nightshade-sproutling/ Shows Level 1 SS being 152/10/13 However, all Ive ever seen on the AH are 158/10/12 is Warcraft Pets showing incorrect info?Baz3 Jul 4, 2015
Jul 4, 2015 Bronze Whelping I found a time locked box which contains a bronze whelping (WoD drop). What would be a reasonable price to put it up for on the AH?Ampz26 Jul 4, 2015
Jul 3, 2015 The AE meta needs to die AoE has taken Pet Battles from a chess match and transformed them into thermonuclear war. Winning used to involve strategy and critical thinking. Now, you just stuff your team with 3 pets from the following list and spam AoE Droplet of Y'Shaarj Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling Weebomination Fragment of Anger Trunks Fossilized Hatchling Graves Stormwing CloneDance Murkalot Curious Wolvar Pup Peddlefeet Spawn of G'nathus Fluxfire Feline Lil' XT Stonegrinder Zomstrok Creepy CrateThe problem isn't those individual pets. Unlike the Direhorns of 5.2, or the DAH of 5.4, a team of counters is not enough. A team of Foxes will not beat a team of Fragments, because the Fragments' movesets give them such a numerical advantage over the Foxes. A team of Aquatics will not beat a team of Murkalot -> Graves, because Graves has that numerical advantage. As I said before, AE has thrown strategy out the window. Pet Battles are now just a race to the finish line, spamming as many overtuned abilities as you can. I can beat AE teams, but only if I use another AE team. It's not fun. Here's how it can be fixed. 1) Increase the CD on AoE abilities Avalanche, Thunderbolt, Bonestorm*, and Spiritfire Beam* ought to have 5 RD CDs Whirlwind ought to have a 4 RD CD *Why these? They're not evenly split, but they still hit WAY too hard for a 3 RD CD Howling Blast, despite dealing the same amount of damage as the above abilities, is fine as it is. I say this, because it is NOT evenly split, is conditional, and 75% of the damage goes to the front pet 2) Tune AoE damage down Arcane Blast: Reduce damage dealt to front pet by 10% Rapid Fire/Cleave: Reduce damage dealt by 15% Dreadful Breath/Omnislash/Tidal Wave/Magma Wave: Reduce damage dealt by 5% Armageddon: Damage dealt reduced by 25% Any evenly split AE cannot deal more than (30 + Power * 1.5) Damage to a single pet 3) AoE needs to have specific counters added, and existing counters need to be buffed Brittle Webbing: Counter-damage increased by 50% Darkness: No longer reduces accuracy by 10%, however, backling pets are shrouded in darkness, making them unhittable Sandstorm: Reduces damage dealt to backline pets by an additional 100% of the shield power of the front pet Cleansing Rain: Heals backline pets for (2 + Power * 0.1) per round. Aquatics receive double healing Any shield ability (Shell Shield, Spiked Skin, Shell Armor, etc....) applies to the entire team while that pet is up front Healing Flame/Cauterize also takes into account damage taken by backline pets Puppies of the Flame/Sons of the Root/Sons of Flame protects your backline pets as well Deflection/Ethereal protects your backline pets as well Toxic Skin/Lightning Shield applies to the backline pets as well Heroic Leap/Proto-Strike/Meteor Strike/Lift-Off/Dive/Launch/Burrow protects the backline pets as wellThe AoE meta is not fun. It's not what I expect from a major corporation like Blizzard. It's not what I consider quality gameplay. It's not fun. Fix it now.Alcone50 Jul 3, 2015
Jul 3, 2015 Water Calves and Direhorns Anyone notice these guys' models don't appear in the pet journal? You can click on the pet, and see the abilities and the description, but their model doesn't show up in the display area, to the left of the abilities. Submitted bug reports about this since MoP, nothing has changed.Nightelfbane2 Jul 3, 2015
Jul 3, 2015 anyone have the toy thingy? helloooooo. anyone have the toy thingy you get from 500 pet charms? I just wanna know if you're super small when you use it. and if it falls off on combat and stuff. it's a really cool and expensive toyLayalvia11 Jul 3, 2015
Jul 3, 2015 felsworn sentry http://www.wowhead.com/npc=94601/felsworn-sentry#comments I keep battling this guy and I beat him no problem, but he always comes with a p/p crab that takes out the rest of my team. I use the panda water spirit howl combo on the boss and then get rekt by the rare crab. is this just for me or is it for everyone? and will the boss's minion pets change daily?Layalvia3 Jul 3, 2015
Jul 3, 2015 15 Level 25 Pet Requirement and The Celestial Question, what exactly are the limitations to having to level 15 pets to level 25 yourself? I understand that you can't just buy a level 25 pet from the auction house and have it count towards your 15, but what if I bought a level 24 pet and used one of the leveling stones from my Garrison to 25? Would that count? Any help would be appreciated!Grunnthor3 Jul 3, 2015
Jul 3, 2015 fel-touched pet supplies Anyone having better or worse luck than me? 105 bags open and I have 3 pets and 15 stones. I got 2 pets today so I was 1 out of 90 before. 2 stones per day seems pretty fair to me. The pet drop rate seemed terrible until today.Snow19 Jul 3, 2015
Jul 3, 2015 want to buy worthy pet I have like 5 or six level 25 blue battle pets for sale peddle feet webomination the idol from aq terrible turnip panda water spirt anchent nest guardian and the impereal silk worm I also have 3 level 1 lil left overs on the ah im intressted in a pet worth all this I don't even care if its level 1 but its got to be a pet worth 20-30k or a few pets worth that much I like perrie I like syde the squid if I was 2 pets and sweets. anyhow im open to offers something worth my whileReionor0 Jul 3, 2015
Jul 3, 2015 Pet battle difficulty and solutions I've seen some complaints since the patch commenting on the difficulty of the Tanaan Jungle battles, specifically how howl bomb(pandaren water spirit and chrominius) wins each battle. I understand players wanting to be challenged. I enjoy being challenged too, but I realize that pet battles are not just for me. Most content is not for the hardcore pet battler that has plenty of pets leveled up. The celestial tourney and the garrison battles before the nerf have been the only content that I would consider hardcore content. I think they were right to nerf the garrison battles mainly because it was mean to put something that most players couldn't do in the garrison. Pve battles are a scripted puzzle to solve. It's a lot easier to solve the puzzle if you have plenty of pieces and access to any pet site. It's going to be very difficult to design challenging pet content for a person with a collection like mine. I think the celestial tournament was the best so far with the no healing up restriction. I think it was very well done. They can't give us a celestial tournament each patch. I think expecting that more than once an xpac is asking for too much. The hardcore pet community is probably the smallest group in wow. Most content is going to need to be accessible to more people. One solution is to just put restrictions on yourself. Don't use howl bomb or raptors when trying to defeat the new battles. I think that restriction makes the jungle battles much more difficult. You can try to never use the team against one of the fights. You can try to use only one type of family to win a battle. I am sure there are others. We can make the fights as difficult as we want. Another solution is to have contests to see who can beat a pet in the fewest moves or who can build a strategy with pets that aren't very powerful. I think I have seen some people do that at WarcraftPet.com. I'm sure Disco could come up with some ideas for this. Disco suggested pvp battles. i don't think complaining about the difficulty is very helpful.Snow15 Jul 3, 2015
Jul 3, 2015 An idle question You've just finished your menagerie battle for the day (well, on that one character anyway, you'll be back for more in a moment), and your quest is ready to turn in. Which do you do first: Heal and revive pets? --or-- Hand in the quest? Just a bit of idle curiosity because I always feel guilty popping open my bag only to remember that my pets are still standing there, all banged up, watching me.Wookiara5 Jul 3, 2015
Jul 2, 2015 Favorited Pets Anyone else have exactly 10 pets at favorite to not risk Smelly Dog Face walking around the garrison? Right now I have Crazy Carrot, Feline Familiar, Graves, Grommloc, Infected Squirrel, Murkalot, Nether Faerie Dragon, Spirit Crab, Terrible Turnip, and Unborn Val'kry. I guess I really like murlocs, undead, and vegetables. Gromm, Squirrel, Murk, Spirit Crab, Turnip, and Valk are the only permanent favorites.Snow17 Jul 2, 2015
Jul 2, 2015 Graves I have just recently obtained my Grave Golem pet, or Graves, and while I was walking around Stormwind, he grew twice in size and became bigger than a dwarf. I was wondering if anyone knew how to make him grow big again, or if it was just a glitch.Mîchâel5 Jul 2, 2015