Pet Battles

Sep 29 Getting spanked Last night I did six pet battles with several different teams, several against one opponent. I got clobbered, PWNd, and then spanked and put to bed without my supper. I came out of the evening with two wins and a very tattered ego. I will be back :)Baadboy6 Sep 29
Sep 29 How Do I Get to Mac’Aree I've done some of the quest line in Argus and completed the pet battles in Krokuun & the Antoran Wastes, but I'm not sure how to get to Mac’Aree. Is there something I'm missing or should I just try to continue with the quest line? (Wherever that might be that I left off)Elunatic1 Sep 29
Sep 28 More Pets Per Battle Please I just think it would be cool if we got to battle with more battle pets per battle because there are a lot of cool combos i want to do and cant because i only can have 3 active i just think it would be cool to have a couple more like 5 or 6Lemoncandie2 Sep 28
Sep 27 just got murkalot armageddondddd so yeah, first time seeing that. murkalot -> blackfuse bombling -> twilight clutch sister. just the murkalot -> armageddon took majority of my pets to 50% or lower. clutch sister meteorite nice touch. glad murkalot was a blizzcon pet, otherwise would be no point in queuing pet battles.User4 Sep 27
Sep 26 New cataclysm pets Has anyone seen if any of these are worth using yet, be it PVE or PVP? I like the twilight clutch sister, Blazehound has puppies of the fire or whatever. But without seeing the stats hp etc of most of them, i have not seen skills on any that really stand out.User1 Sep 26
Sep 26 Cross Gazer Has anyone gotten this pet yet? Wowhead states that its sold by Orix-the-all-Seer in Antoran Wastes. The pet journal says that it requires the quest: A Pile of Intact Demon Eyes. Does anyone know when and where this quest becomes available?Elunatic11 Sep 26
Sep 26 Buff Gulp Froglet Drop RatePlease The new battle on Argus have been amazing and fun HOWEVER it is not fun when several of the Aquatic fights (Gloamwing, Shadeflicker, Snozz...) seemingly rely on the Gulp Froglet. I know these forums and I know some of you will swoop in like a Flying Pet and claim there will be strats without him OR that I should have gotten him. Well I have been pet Battling since it was implemented. I have researched Wowhead and two sites dedicated to nothing but pet battles. Unless they have been updated last night or today with something new I can't find a good strat. And yes, I farm him. I sit and wait as the hours tick by. I farmed him when Pandaria first drop I just have bad luck and will not pay 35k gold for a pet. Having said all of that I think it would be prudent, considering Blizz nerfs or buffs things all the time to increase things all the time, to increase the drop rate :D for me (I feel compelled to say that that "me" part was a joke. I know some posters don't um...hmmm have the same sense of humor as others) Any consideration you can give this would be appreciated. Or since my dad and sister just died 4 months apart you can give me some happiness and send me one in the mail. (another joke I am medicated, I am always happy.)Sonotafurry6 Sep 26
Sep 25 Weather for Pet hunting I've noticed that some pets can only spawn in certain weather conditions, like Blizzards or Sandstorms. How often does weather change? Is the weather conditions the same on all realms (universal)?Tinkerizmo5 Sep 25
Sep 25 Legendary/Elite/Boss Battle Pets on Argus So while roaming around Argus a the day after it first came out, I saw an Elite/Boss Battle Pet. I decided not to battle it, as my highest Battle Pet was 13, but now I have a full 3 team of 25s and now I am wondering...Do you get anything from winning them? I know there are Daily World Quests to defeat certain BPs and they give you a reward, but again, I found a new BP Boss (Retch) in Krokuun, and am wondering, since 25 is the max BP level, will you even get a reward? Will you get BP Tokens, A BP Stone, or the Boss Pet as a reward for beating it? I'm curious to know what you get, if anything at all.Neloth3 Sep 25
Sep 24 Argus pet swap 3 round cd. I'm not the most experienced in pet battles. I just started playing them in Legion. I keep running into world quest battles in Argus that have the pet swap ability on a 3 round cd. Its been super frustrating. Did they run out of ideas for the pets? I'm just going to skip them I guess. I just triggers my ocd when there are unfinished world quests on my map lol. Just came here to vent. Thanks.Mobely3 Sep 24
Sep 24 PROBLEMS WITH PET BATTLE QUEST I was on free trail when I picked up the quest for the pet battle. I later deleted that character and not on the free trail anymore but I cant get the battle pets. In fact whenever I click on that quest it gives just gives me the quest and not the Instant I need to get a pet. it says I already know it. I try dragging down the Instant that does not work, I look in my known spell book nothing. WHAT DO I DO!!!!! P.S. Also when I look at the map to see where I can find battle pets, it gives me the place where my past character could find battle petsValisarah1 Sep 24
Sep 24 WTB/T: P/P Nightshade Sproutling Interested in adding one of these guys to my collection. Willing to trade or outright buy if you have a char on Wyrmrest Accord. Thanks!Tinashe0 Sep 24
Sep 23 Battle pet video guide (family fighter) I had such a hard time with some of these pets I started a video guide for anyone struggling. I saw a lot of typed guides but I learn better by watching so feel free to check it out if you are stuck. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSMHxpOxElpxN0TXaKZEEcoA_GPZPqPgPBlooddrainè0 Sep 23
Sep 22 Fisher Friends -Ghost Shark 9-21 The Night Elf Ghost that sells the Ghost Shark is up today. She's pretty close to the Azuna Quartermaster/Illidari perch. Join a raid group in group finder and get your ghost sharks! The rep was faster for me than Margoss was. I got Best Friend, 2 sharks and the toy in a couple hours or less. And all the fishing items/rare bait drop in the same pond.Vhale2 Sep 22
Sep 22 Fel Lash Has anyone seen hide or hair of this pet? I'v seen plenty of the skinning pets drop but this one seems to be completely missing in action.Zunde33 Sep 22
Sep 21 Where are the Pet Masters of Legion? In every region so far there was an achievement 'Taming Kalimdor'' ''Taming Eastern Kingdoms'' etc where you had to defeat the pet masters but in Broken Isles i dont see any achievement of that kind and i also dont see any pet master marks on the map does it mean that there are are not pet masters in Broken Isles?Spongebobt10 Sep 21
Sep 21 Qiraji Guardling Obligatory reminder that there's less than a week for anyone interested in capturing this pet to do so. It spawns around the AQ gates in Silithis and will disappear with the end of Summer not to return until next June.Grarn6 Sep 21
Sep 21 PSA: Brewfest I should have put this up yesterday, but just so new pet collectors are aware, the Brewfest has pets that are purchasable with Brewfest Tokens, which you can earn by doing dailies for the Brewfest NPCs, outside of Ironforge (Alliance) and Orgrimmar (Horde). Brewfest 2017 will run from September 20 - October 6. Stout Alemental (Elemental, P/P only, Health: 1400, Power: 341, Speed: 244): Purchasable with 200 Brewfest Tokens. Wolpertinger (Critter, H/P only, Health: 1546, Power: 289, Speed: 260): Purchasable with 200 Brewfest Tokens. It should be noted that the item to add this to your pet journal (Wolpertinger's Tankard) is also a reward for a very simple quest (Catch the Wild Wolpertinger!) available from the Brewfest NPCs Goldark Snipehunter (Alliance) and Glodrak Huntsniper (Horde). You may wish to save your Brewfest Tokens for something else and just get this item through the quest. Pint-Sized Pink Pachyderm (Critter, H/P only, Health: 1628, Power: 306, Speed: 228): Purchasable with 100 Brewfest Tokens.Loncis0 Sep 21
Sep 21 PSA: Mistweaver Xia For those of you who need the Infinite Hatchling (Dragonkin) or the Paradox Spirit (Elemental) pets, please be aware that Mistweaver Xia is up, as of today, on Timeless Isle. Each pet is 2200 Timewarped Badges. Timewarped Badges are collected by doing Timewalking dungeons and are also available as a drop in the Chromie quests. In attempting the two events, I find that Chromie quests are better for collecting the Badges. There's no wait, since it's a solo instance, rather than a queue for five players. And you can keep right on doing them. I average around 100 Badges per Chromie instance. If you need the pets and don't have the badges, I would suggest you start collecting right away, before Xia is gone. Each dungeon only rewards 10 each and may also give some as a drop off of mobs. You will also likely get a one-time quest per Timewalking cycle, of a turn-in that rewards 500 badges. Which still leaves you 1700 left to collect. So, get busy! There are some useful strats on Argus that call for these two pets because of their unique Temporal Anomaly ability, which reduces the entire enemy team's speed by 25% for nine rounds. These are valuable pets to have, and if you miss them this time, you will have to wait several months before the opportunity to collect these pets comes again. One more thing: If you're on a PvP server, as I am, you may want to get a friend to help you realm hop to a PvE server. The PvPers, realizing that players are going to be flocking to Mistweaver Xia, have turned this area into a PvP magnet. I was able to get one of my pets and do the turn-in, because some of my fellow Alliance players formed a raid and decided to remove the dominating Horde players from the area. And they succeeded long enough for me to do my turn-in and get one of the pets I needed. (I don't have enough badges for the other one. Working on it.)Loncis4 Sep 21
Sep 21 Looking to get into pet battles but my mom wont let meRaelar1 Sep 21
Sep 20 Armory pet collections not updating? Just curious if this is happening to anyone else, or just myself. Over the last couple days, my pet collection on the armory has not updated. I first noticed when attempting to update my collection on warcraftpets.com. I had added several new pets, and upgraded others, but nothing changed with my collection on the site. I first thought it could be their site, but when I checked the armory, I saw that my collection had also remained unchanged. And yes, I had fully logged out and left the game before checking. Anyone else? Thanks in advance for any info.Kaldrik8 Sep 20
Sep 20 That queue though... Has anyone else noticed the incredibly long PVP queue times lately? I swear, the past week it's almost been unplayable. 15 minutes or longer at peak hours is just ridiculous. How hard would it be to combine all the pet battle servers together? Isn't that how rated battlegrounds work now?Brawler11 Sep 20
Sep 19 Cant access any pets When i open my companions tab it jus shows blank. The only time i can summon one is if i just aquire one.. go click it and it opens up its tab in the pet thing and i have to put it on my bars to click to summon it. i know ive aquired many pets and companions thoughout the years. why can i not see them when i open up the tab. Wont even show collected or not collected. just blankSfscxpaladin2 Sep 19
Sep 19 Missing: Xorvasc When was the last time this guy was up? My FF list is down to a select few and he's on my list. Grixis could show up again too. I know he's been recently but he could pop today. That'd be cool.Lilwaggletea3 Sep 19
Sep 18 Gulp Froglet Looking to trade for one of these froggies, if anyone has a extra one for trade let me know what you want for it. Thanks!Korlicx1 Sep 18
Sep 18 Anyone doing Squirt that could inv me? Hello all! I was hoping to level this character and some of my pets through squirt, the only issue is I thought I could unlock the menagerie before having a lvl 3 garrison. I was wrong hehe xD (it's been a long time since WOD!) Is anyone doing the squirt battles that could invite me and let me do some pet battling in their garrison? Thank you all! <3Azzhara1 Sep 18
Sep 17 Pet Battle Delay Bug? Has anyone else experienced this lately? Occasionally when doing pet battles in the Argus patch abilities will take quite a long time to finish their animation. A couple of the affected abils are Surge and Powerball, typically anything that has that rushed look to the animation. Is this just me? Does anyone know what may be causing it?Windgrace7 Sep 17
Sep 17 Breed Stones Just like we have pet leveling stones, stones to make the pet a rare, it would be nice to have Breed stones where you can change the breed of a pet.Baadboy17 Sep 17
Sep 17 Odd Bug: Lowercase Pet Names With this new patch, I have had the strangest bug occur. All of the names of my pets that I manually named are now lowercase and can't be changed back to their default name. https://i.imgur.com/Z7gJqbE.png I am sure it is one of my add-ons, but the odd thing is that it will fix itself randomly throughout the day so I am having a heck of a time trying to tell which add-on is doing this. Anyone else have this bug?Aoihikari5 Sep 17
Sep 16 Need Black Tabby Cat Hey Guys! Looking for the black tabby cat for the title.. wondering if anyone can help? The cat can be caged and mailed even if its learned. Let me know!Ashearah0 Sep 16
Sep 16 One-of-Many vs Humanoids solution Humanoids versus One-of-Many was quite challenging, especially as I don't have Deathy (murloc pet with healing debuff). After reading the WowHead comments and some experimentation, I came up with a strategy using three S/S Flayer Younglings (1/2/1 each). The order of attack is: Kick, Dodge, Blitz x2, Kick, Dodge, Blitz x2, repeat. Swap in a new Flayer if one dies or is at very low health. This way he only gets one Consume per round, minimizing his healing. This strat still requires some lucky RNG though.Greer0 Sep 16
Sep 15 Gloamwing - All Aquatic This is the strat I used that got it down on the first time, keep in mind there is some RNG involved here. 1. Benax - 1 -1-1 2. Gulp Frog (B/B breed is what I had) - 1-1-2 3. Ghostshell Crab - 2-2-1 Use Whatever 3 - 2 (You must be hit twice here!) Swap to Benax Whatever again You are swapped to Gulp 2-3- at this point you HAVE to have exploded on him, if not, start over! If yes, yay you basically win if you aren't critted! Next pet brought out : Benax: 3-2-1 Last pet (Crab) 1-2-1-1 Ideally you should still have bubble up when you bring out your crab, so you're able to get it back up again and kill it. Courtesy to my husband who figured this out!Saravi0 Sep 15
Sep 15 Eye of Inquisition Price? So some people may know me. I'm the person who prodded muffinus on twitter constantly about the Eye of Inquisition and why it has such a low drop rate/no bad luck protection/etc. I've killed over 10,000 inquisitors in Suramar across my 12 toons, and still have yet to see the pet. Yet I know multiple people who got it while questing. (frustrating to say the least). So imagine my joy when I find out 7.3 was going to make them cageable. However... for some reason, people on my server priced them at 35k, which is the same price as *most* of the TCG pets on my server. (some have been going for close to 100k, to add insult to injury). I understand it's been rare and elusive for me, but for many, even non-pet collectors, it hasn't been too hard to get. So why did people decide it was worth so much from the get go? Thoughts?Maizou5 Sep 15
Sep 14 (Closed) Here's what i got Firefly Eye of observation Purple puffer Empowered manafiend Empyreal manafiend Servant of demidos Ji-kun hatchling pygmy direhorn Tiny green carp Nightmare Bell Bananas Skunky alemental Corrupted blood Darkmoon eye Docile skyfin Energized manafiend Filthling Fragment of anger Gilnean raven (P/B) Gulp froglet Hungering claw Hyacinth macaw Leyline broodling Lumpy Magma rageling Moon Moon (S/S) Ominous Flame Ore Eater (S/S) Periwinkle calf Rotten little helper Shore crawler (P/P) Death adder hatchling (S/S) Snowy panda Spineclaw crab Tideskipper Trigger Twilight clutch sister Wicked soul Young Venomfang Zangar spore If interested please notify me at Lloyd#1841Flaya2 Sep 14
Sep 14 Help To Get Stardust? ETA: Got my Stardust now - YAY! I'm on the quest for Stardust. Now I don't use addons so I don't track "breeds" of pets. I am more a collector, not a pet battler. I *need* to win the battle for this pet. Now I saw strats that used like Anklerender or some other pets - NONE of which I have @ 25, nor do I know which breeds I have. Anyone know a strat I can use WITH pets I have at 25? Help appreciatedXiata2 Sep 14
Sep 14 Battle Rez problems on Retch fight. I was trying to do all the Family Fighter fights on Retch last night. The undead and mechanical fights would not complete for me. As soon as one of my pets "rezzed" I was kicked out of the fight. Interesting thing was my Family Familiar Helper addon showed both as complete. Has anyone else experienced this problem on Retch? (I did report it as a bug).Silvercircle1 Sep 14
Sep 13 Shadow - In-Game Shop Just looked through my unlearned pets and saw a new pet I've never seen before! Shadow! It says In-Game Shop, but I can't find any info anywhere! It definitely was added today or perhaps the day before. I've been checking my pet list pretty frequently so I know it's new! The little fox changes color from void to light and back to void with some REALLY amazing special graphics!Tristful16 Sep 13
Sep 13 New PVP addon Just went to Curse and was delighted to see PetBattleLogKeeper (c'mon guys, how bout a catchier name huh? lol) was finally released. I know this has been in the works for quite some time now and I personally can't wait to try it out. My only qualm being that I wish I had this addon 4k+ battles ago. I should note that this addon won't necessarily help you win games though. It just keeps track of who you've played, how the battle panned out, what your recent win ratio looks like, etc. Still all very cool stuff for people who spend a considerable amount of time in the PVP queue. Credit goes to Gello (creator of Rematch), CloseToZero and Grainne. ^^bBrawler3 Sep 13
Sep 13 Argi Greyed Out I own her, but I can't summon her. I can summon my other purchased pets though. Looking over old topics, this caught my eye (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/15522832180) and I'm wondering if 7.3 is to blame?Bonn10 Sep 13
Sep 12 Pet from WoW shop disabled I don't know why but all the pet i bought from the wow shop are disabled, i see their name in yellow like i own them but their icon is grey.Benøit0 Sep 12
Sep 12 #Family Familiar Hi all, Slowly chipping away at this and enjoying it somewhat. Just keen to discuss it with anyone else working on it or has completed it. Flummox is really hard, I find I'm just avoiding him all the time, maybe not with the undead type. ... Finally got him, wasn't a bug, just didn't spawn for a long time. A few of the tamers seem to spawn very rarely for me.Krixooks12 Sep 12
Sep 12 Shadeflicker help Looking for ideas for beating Shadeflicker with a magic team. I've tried numerous combos and have come close but no cigar. Thanks!Woodford3 Sep 12
Sep 11 Lost of Lordaeron breed I'm going to be adding a second undead to my team. I was wondering which one is the better breed overall. There's a H/H one, and there's a balanced one. Any suggestions?Urbersproak3 Sep 11
Sep 11 Wild Battle exp nerf Title - has anyone else noticed a drastic decrease in how much pets level from wild pet battles? Using the Icespine Hatchlings around the Horde Garrison as an example, I can remember plowing through these little guys during Warlords to a pretty decent experience rate, hitting 8 on the first battle, 12 on the second, and taking no longer than 2x fights for later levels (20-25). IIRC the experience per battle was about 1200-1400, with the Safari Hat. Now it seems to wildly fluctuate between 400-800, averaging at 600exp per fight. It used to take me upwards of about 10-15 minutes to level one pet to 25 during Warlords off wild battles. Now I'm barely pushing level 22 (3x battles from 21-22 where it normally took about 1.5) after 28 minutes. E: Final result, about 45-47 minutes just to hit 25. This is absolutely insane to expect of any regular player to sink into if they're just wanting a pet to 25 with the Dailies exhausted and no stones at their disposal! Totally understand that the charms/stones would have made bruteforce wild leveling obsolete, but I don't understand why a nerf was necessary in tandem to it. Charms are relatively hard to come across in-bulk (even with Zookeeper/targeting missions/dailies), making mass-roster leveling a chore. Not only that, but the reduction for wild battles essentially bottlenecks anyone looking to level large quantities of pets (hell, more than two an hour) into either farming Charms for stones, or revisiting Pet Trainers to boost maybe five pets a day to 25. If anyone's had better luck in a Broken Isles area or has experienced strange experience gains, feel free to share, because as far as I can tell the Icespine Hatchlings offer precisely zero difference in exp gain compared to any pet on the Isles (testing 1x battle per zone, same exp gain w/ or w/o the Safari Hat). (It's incredibly frustrating since I've already blown 1K charms on stones, only to reach a brick wall at 12/14 for Family Fighter due to a lack of very specialized/newly added pets.)Sparx3 Sep 11
Sep 11 Foulclaw Foulclaw seems to be broken to me. every 2 rounds he casts a 3 round 50% shield which pretty much makes him immune for 3 rounds because it stacks with 50% boss. There is no way to survive through his attacks while barely getting any hits on him. It;s like they forgot he already has a 50% reduction.Unidus49 Sep 11
Sep 11 Gnomaregan pet battle dungeon Did this go live yet? If so what are the requirements to do it?Tinkerizmo3 Sep 11
Sep 10 Best Argus wild pets with breeds I think I've caught one of each of the Argus pets so far and most seem meh but a few seem interesting. I was lacking in Magic wild pets and the 2 or 3 new magic ones have added some depth to my collection. Q for the experts... which Argus pets and breeds are worth getting?Tinkerizmo2 Sep 10
Sep 10 Cannot queue for Find Battle on Argus? Do I need to progress further through the Argus zone to unlock this? I want to PvP pet battle and queue for PvP pet battles in the new zone, surely we won't have to go all the way back to Broken Isles or Dalaran to do so?Creeks4 Sep 10
Sep 10 Addon to track enemy CDs Are there any currently functioning addons that track the cds of the moves your opponent uses? Call me stupid but I have trouble figuring out "can he overwrite my weather yet?", "Is the stupid Teroclaw gonna Dodge again?", etcJakobus4 Sep 10
Sep 9 Suggestions with the Feasels I'm still searching for the right pet combination to get past Jeremy Feasel. I so far make it as far as Fez and then get destroyed. Once I get the DM eye pet that reminds me of the eye of Sauron I plan to go to Christoph. For right now it's the eye I'm really wanting Does anybody have any suggestions on the right group?Tahani5 Sep 9