General Discussion

Nov 7, 2017 NOW LIVE: World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Azeroth paid a terrible price to end the apocalyptic march of the Legion’s crusade—but even as the world’s wounds are tended, it is the shattered trust between the Alliance and Horde that may prove hardest to mend. As this age-old conflict reignites, join your allies and champion your faction’s cause—Azeroth’s future will be forged in the fires of war. In World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, you must declare your allegiance. ----- Trailers and Media: World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth - Cinematic Trailer World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth - Features Trailer ----- Recruit Allied Races Explore Azeroth as one of six new playable Allied Races, including four you've encountered in your campaign against the Legion. Embark on a quest to earn their favor and unlock each race, adding their strength to your faction. Create a new character and complete the full leveling experience to earn a distinctive Heritage Armor set. Learn more about Allied Races here. New Continent - Kul Tiras As a hero of the mighty Alliance, journey to the seafaring kingdom of Kul Tiras, home of Jaina Proudmoore. Untangle a web of betrayal and dark magic as you encounter power-hungry pirates, witches wielding death magic, mystical sea priests, and more. Explore the stony peaks of Tiragarde Sound, trek across Drustvar’s high plains and red forests, and navigate the intricate inland canals of Stormsong Valley as you convince this fractured kingdom to join your cause. New Continent - Zandalar Prepare the Horde for war by recruiting the ancient empire of Zandalar. In this troll-dominated territory, ancient evil waits to be unleashed on the world as you battle crazed blood-troll worshippers, gargantuan dinosaurs, and titan constructs. Discover Zuldazar, the oldest city in Azeroth; unveil the bleak swamps of Nazmir; and traverse the deadly deserts of Vol'dun. Plunder Uncharted Islands Set sail for the previously unmapped isles of Azeroth. Battle in groups of three as you race against cunning rival intruders—or enemy players—to collect the island’s resources. Constantly evolving challenges await as you traverse frozen landscapes near Northrend, open the gates of an abandoned Gilnean castle, navigate a war between elementals and more. Storm the Warfronts Head to the frontlines and take part in a large-scale 20-player cooperative Warfront to claim a key strategic location. Build up your faction’s forces, lead the charge as your troops lay siege to the objective, and battle the enemy commanders as they make their last stand in this new PvE mode inspired by classic Warcraft RTS battles. Infuse Armor with Titanic Might Take control of the Heart of Azeroth—a legendary neck piece entrusted to you by Magni Bronzebeard. Imbue it with Azerite, an invaluable resource that’s emerged in the Legion’s wake, to customize your armor with new powers and traits. Enter a World Divided New Level CapStop the spread of the Blood God’s corruption, unearth the secrets of a lost titan vault, and much more as you quest to level 120. New Dungeons and RaidsFight through all-new dungeons like the golden city of Atal’Dazar, and the outlaw town of Freehold! Character BoostAdvance a new or existing hero character to level 110 instantly, and be ready to join your new allies in battle! CommunitiesFind adventurers who share common interests through in-game Communities and join cross-realm social groups.Ornyx0 Nov 7, 2017
2d Playing the Classic Demo UPDATE: We've extended the demo another week! UPDATE: The playtime limits on the WoW Classic demo have now been removed. Enjoy! --- When the World of Warcraft: Classic demo becomes available to play at home on Friday, November 2, we will ensure maximum availability to players at home by initially establishing session limits. When the demo goes live, we’ll use a playtime time limit and a cooldown (that starts when you first log in) to help as many people as possible play the Classic demo as much as possible. We’ll start with a playtime limit of a cumulative 60 minutes and a cooldown of 90 minutes. Here are some examples of how that might work: • If you play for 30 minutes and then log off for 60 minutes, when you come back you’ll have a fresh 60 minutes. • If you play for 60 minutes, you’ll be disconnected and then have to wait 30 minutes before you can play again. • If you play for 20 minutes, log off for 20 minutes, then play 40 more minutes, you’ll be logged off and wait 10 more minutes. Our goal is to lift session limits as quickly as we feasibly can after the demo goes live. We will then only reinstate session limits if unexpectedly high demand returns. We will update this post with further information on this, as necessary. Thank you!Ythisens135 2d
Oct 27 Note: Communities and the Code of Conduct Hey all, With the influx of discussion around Communities on the forums, we've decided to set up a new forum dedicated to the feature itself. Please direct all conversation and recruitment around Communities there! On that forum, you can search for a Community that's of interest to you, or advertise for a Community you've created! Players are encouraged to form groups around their interests, both in- and out-of-game. While we recognize that those interests are largely varied across our community, all posts in this forum and Communities themselves must uphold the World of Warcraft Terms of Service and Code of Conduct. Please be mindful that your forum post does not breach the Code of Conduct. This includes bumping of threads, harassment, trolling, etc. We look forward to seeing the Communities that are created as we head into Battle for Azeroth!Ornyx54 Oct 27
Oct 26 WarcraftDevs Twitter Updates Hey guys! Some of you have voiced some feedback about feeling a little missed sometimes when it comes to us making or posting updates on sites like Twitter. Since we understand that some of you guys prefer to only use the forums we're going to maintain this sticky thread here as a master list of all of the recent tweets so that you can see when we make them and what was said. I will try to catch all of them as it will sometimes include tweets from accounts like: WarcraftDevs and Watcher himself or any other dev that posts something I think might be relevant to include in here.Ythisens38 Oct 26
Sep 28 Welcome - Please Read! Welcome to the General Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Getting the Most Out of the Forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2016792409 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Ythisens3 Sep 28
20s If WoW were on Xbox? Theoretically, if WoW were released to Xbox but required the soon to be released keyboard and mouse support do you think the community would be an inferno, a poop show, or completely reasonable to the idea? I'd include PS4 but I don't believe they natively support keyboard and mouse. I wouldn't mind it. Might help reinvigorate the player base and provide an easy to target platform for the devs to work on.Abattøir14 20s
25s Loot distribution is broken and not fun 8 weeks worth of no upgrade Feels bad™. 375 equipped and 379 in my bags is frustrating. Yup, this is a gripe post and it's my opinion of the current iteration of how loot is going out, so if you don't want to see that, just stop right here. Granted, your miles may vary, but after running 12 120's through keys ranging from 6's to 12's I can tell you there is a reoccurring theme of garbage that's not fun. RNG sure, does it feel good, no. In my OPINION this is a game and the gear has a shelf life of 90-120 days? So for example, weekly caches are about 13-18 weeks worth of chances to pull something from a cache. To pull the same items or equiv/downgrade week after week feels ridiculous. Also, I'd like to note that despite Blizzard acknowledging a problem that here I am again where in my bags I have 379 ilvl but equipped is 375. Blizzard last expansion spoke on how that shouldn't be the case in the "things they learned" and yet here I am with the same problem. I also find it weird that I have never pulled a weapon from my cache, nor a 385-395 piece much like a majority of players I know despite doing weekly 10's since the first week. Most people I know have a 385-390 weapon and a few other 390-395 pieces. Is there bad luck protection on that? Because BOOTS, BRACERS, CLOAK is all I seem to get. It's bad... Not fun and frankly it's just annoying. Also, I see people complaining they only have 2 pieces of 385 ilvl azerite gear and I still have one. Oddly with horrible traits, go figure.... The other 11 alts receive a menagerie of ridiculous upgrades with one or two toons getting something worthy. ***I find most notable that if it wasn't for the benevolence of others through dungeons, my characters wouldn't have anything above 340 except the saving grace of the daily emissary and the ability to manipulate that to get higher level gear (so much for the blizzard knows best on loot distribution). You mostly get the same repetition of boots, bracers, cloak or it will be something like all the pieces are 350 and the 370 boots I have I will get a 370 boots with different stats. I mean, 15 - 16 chances of getting something viable and it keeps hitting on the exact same spot? Seems intentionally "unlucky". You can call it RNG; but, if this was vegas and the roulette table kept lending on 7 black they'd fix the wheel. This is a game, I pay money to have FUN. I don't think the 8.1 azerite loot vendor is going to fix this problem. For example, there's like 4 weapons I could have at least seen by this point but never do. I have gotten 3 weapons this entire expansion prior to last week, 5 in total (which weren't an upgrade. That's just stupid. It'd be one thing to complain about a weapon that didn't have the stats I was hoping for and have to adjust one of the 16 pairs of boots stats; but, literally a vast void of negative RNG. I think I saw a quote from Ion the loot was too negative and this really should be address before Dec 11th. I don't know what to do with the 1k worth of Hydrocores or the few hundred Sanguicells either. I find it funny they are creating enchants to use the sanguicells just because that these consolation prizes are worthless. This really sucks man and I just want it fixed...Cömanche22 25s
30s For those claiming First Amendment rights do not count under a private corporation. Interesting read. Re-posting entire article. Right wing lawyer/senator, Federal judge and left wing educator agree... https://www.city-journal.org/html/platform-or-publisher-15888.html When the House Judiciary Committee held a hearing on social media censorship late last month, liberal Democratic congressman Ted Lieu transformed into a hardcore libertarian. “This is a stupid and ridiculous hearing,” he said, because “the First Amendment applies to the government, not private companies.” He added that just as the government cannot tell Fox News what content to air, “we can’t tell Facebook what content to filter,” because that would be unconstitutional. Lieu is incorrect. While the First Amendment generally does not apply to private companies, the Supreme Court has held it “does not disable the government from taking steps to ensure that private interests not restrict . . . the free flow of information and ideas.” But as Senator Ted Cruz points out, Congress actually has the power to deter political censorship by social media companies without using government coercion or taking action that would violate the First Amendment, in letter or spirit. Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act immunizes online platforms for their users’ defamatory, fraudulent, or otherwise unlawful content. Congress granted this extraordinary benefit to facilitate “forum[s] for a true diversity of political discourse.” This exemption from standard libel law is extremely valuable to the companies that enjoy its protection, such as Google, Facebook, and Twitter, but they only got it because it was assumed that they would operate as impartial, open channels of communication—not curators of acceptable opinion. When questioning Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg earlier this month, and in a subsequent op-ed, Cruz reasoned that “in order to be protected by Section 230, companies like Facebook should be ‘neutral public forums.’ On the flip side, they should be considered to be a ‘publisher or speaker’ of user content if they pick and choose what gets published or spoken.” Tech-advocacy organizations and academics cried foul. University of Maryland law professor Danielle Citron argued that Cruz “flips [the] reasoning” of the law by demanding neutral forums. Elliot Harmon of the Electronic Freedom Foundation responded that “one of the reasons why Congress first passed Section 230 was to enable online platforms to engage in good-faith community moderation without fear of taking on undue liability for their users’ posts.” As Cruz properly understands, Section 230 encourages Internet platforms to moderate “offensive” speech, but the law was not intended to facilitate political censorship. Online platforms should receive immunity only if they maintain viewpoint neutrality, consistent with traditional legal norms for distributors of information. Before the Internet, common law held that newsstands, bookstores, and libraries had no duty to ensure that each book and newspaper they distributed was not defamatory. Courts initially extended this principle to online platforms. Then, in 1995, a federal judge found Prodigy, an early online service, liable for content on its message boards because the company had advertised that it removed obscene posts. The court reasoned that “utilizing technology and the manpower to delete” objectionable content made Prodigy more like a publisher than a library. Congress responded by enacting Section 230, establishing that platforms could not be held liable as publishers of user-generated content and clarifying that they could not be held liable for removing any content that they believed in good faith to be “obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable.” This provision does not allow platforms to remove whatever they wish, however. Courts have held that “otherwise objectionable” does not mean whatever a social media company objects to, but “must, at a minimum, involve or be similar” to obscenity, violence, or harassment. Political viewpoints, no matter how extreme or unpopular, do not fall under this category. The Internet Association, which represents Facebook, Google, Twitter, and other major platforms, claims that Section 230 is necessary for these firms to “provide forums and tools for the public to engage in a wide variety of activities that the First Amendment protects.” But rather than facilitate free speech, Silicon Valley now uses Section 230 to justify censorship, leading to a legal and policy muddle. For instance, in response to a lawsuit challenging its speech policies, Google claimed that restricting its right to censor would “impose liability on YouTube as a publisher.” In the same motion, Google argues that its right to restrict political content also derives from its “First Amendment protection for a publisher’s editorial judgments,” which “encompasses the choice of how to present, or even whether to present, particular content.” The dominant social media companies must choose: if they are neutral platforms, they should have immunity from litigation. If they are publishers making editorial choices, then they should relinquish this valuable exemption. They can’t claim that Section 230 immunity is necessary to protect free speech, while they shape, control, and censor the speech on their platforms. Either the courts or Congress should clarify the matter. Adam Candeub is a law professor & director of the Intellectual Property, Information & Communications Law Program at Michigan State University. He previously served as an attorney at the Federal Communications Commission. Mark Epstein is an antitrust attorney specializing in the technology sector.Valên12 30s
36s Alliance Fury Warrior!!??!! Alliance Fury Warrior!!??!! Okay so I’ve been playing since Vanilla, bounced around factions for many years, I have been horde for the past couple and really want to go alliance now. I am rolling a Fury warrior since it’s one of the classes I’ve yet to play. Here’s the pickle.... I HAVE NO IDEA WHOCH RACE TO PLAY!!! For those of you who have seen and replied to my recent post about Draenei gnome and dwarf thank you. But I am here asking for everyone’s advice on all races now , so please convince me one way or another! You guys are the best, thank you :]Shoobý3 36s
40s I also just quit today I just quit today. I just want me some interesting casual content to do. I logged onto my main today, looked at the world quests and just felt "meh"'. Literally not a thing was useful apart from AP which is "meh" (it's meh-ception). I sat in the Dungeons finder for an hour to do a +4 and only noobs who left on the first boss showed up. I attempted some rated pvp which was fun but my latency is always 300ms on US servers which makes my win loss ratio about 40:60 most of the time, because I have to keep chasing the enemy player to use my attack even though I'm right in front of him. I'm just sick of it, tired of all the bad design and I'm also possibly burned out. Ciao!Rhekkar39 40s
18s Just release subs numbers already It's no secret the game has reached a peak record for lowest subs ever in 14 years. Just release the subs number so that we can clearly demonstrate all the negative impacts multiple changes had on the game or just this expansion overall.Magaloku10 18s
2m All Hail God King Trump MAGATeeks40 2m
2m How do you feel about people who play both factions? I love both goblins and gnomes and have both goblin and gnome mains of which I love to do a lot of RP-PvP on both. Sometimes I have encountered some people in the past on both sides who were exactly fond of the idea that I had a toon on the other side. There was friend I had who lead this horde pvp group who flipped out when he found out I had a gnome who also hates gnomes a lot apparently. Then on the alliance side I ran into problems with someone who was just simply a diehard gnome enthusiast.Gnomest64 2m
2m RED VS BLUE Now I wish you adieu, but first let me say, that I will request one thing today: A KISS! :DLownslow44 2m
2m Cloud serpent exalted no mount So this is probably old but I just got exalted with the order of the cloud serpent, but no mount and my hatchling is still in the little area. I bought a second one and it says I already know that spell when it’s a different color and nobody else has quests except for the dailies like snack time, fishing, and so on. Does anyone know what I did wrong or if it’s a bug?Desarsam13 2m
2m Greatly Important news I was finally able to tame Bulvinkel early this morning. EXCELSIOR!!!!!!Huntillia1 2m
16s Why is the Alliance so evil? Camp Taurajo was a horrible act that claimed the lives of many innocent Tauren, arguably the most peaceful race on the Horde. It’s why the Alliance is actually the evil faction, not the Horde. Name ONE thing the Horde has done that’s even comparable.Tyierin13 16s
2m You are now the supreme dictator of WoW What are the changes you'd make? Reward Exploration Give people a reason to go out into the world. Jumping puzzles with rewards at the end or something interesting to do. The treasure chests are a interesting idea but are filled with grey items that are basically useless. They don't require anything special to find them besides accidentally stumbling across them. In before DHs you could disable double jumps for the challenges. Just an idea. The problem with world quests is there is zero reason to go to any other part of the zone besides where they are at. Zip in, do quest and zip out. Also they are irrelevant once you get rep/items needed. Player housing The community has been asking about it forever! Give people what they want. You could put furniture in said treasure chests or even lock it behind rep or quests. Maybe even world bosses that spawn randomly. Not this weekly crap like the ones that spawn now. Get rid of titanforging/bring back vendors The system is crap. It's basically a lottery. Players get no sense of achievement from it. There is no sense of accomplishment. People have been asking for PvP vendors for years. The PvP loot system is garbage. Make PvP and PvE Separate again Following the vendors post I would implement PvP vendors again and bring back resilience of some other stat to PvP to separate it from PvE gear. I shouldn't have to raid to get PvP gear... Make professions relevant Give people a reason to go out into the world and farm that ore, herbs, or leather they need to craft. New BGs more often. We get arenas more often than we get BGs... Ogres or Mok'Nathal as a playable race for horde. Why isn't this a thing already? New talent row. Come on blizzard. We haven't seen one in two expansions... Also just personally I'd buy the IP to Wildstar. I honestly think they did a lot of cool things with that game. The player housing and Esper class being the two main ones. I know I'll probably catch some flak for this but honestly the game did A LOT right. The housing is some of the best the gaming industry has seen, the world design was pretty amazing, the way they approached exploration was awesome, and the Esper class was phenominal. The jumping puzzles alone in that game were a pretty fun addition. There were small rewards at the end for doing them. Nothing game breaking but blizz could do some cool cosmetic or toys at the end of the puzzles. Also encouraged players to explore and be out in the world more. Just a few ideas I thought I could spitball. What are your ideas?Shadowsóng78 2m
3m USA is the greatest country if you haven't traveled anywhere else.Empathetic147 3m
4m If you dont play Alliance you're racist. Thats right. I went there. You got a problem with our Dark Irons, Worgen, Night Elves and Void elves? Nightborne are token dark skinned race for the Horde. I forgot Demon Hunters too. All your Demon hunters are white Horde.Phelios46 4m
4m The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread Alliance High Elves Allied race Disclaimer: This is the Unofficial High Elves Allied race mega thread, We want to respectfully keep the discussion to stay in this mega thread, So the forums aren't contested by 500+ High Elf topics on the front page, any further threads about High elves or Quel’dorei made outside of this thread, will not be the voice nor representation or be in association with the High elven community. As it stands we would like to keep it respectful and for the discussion to focus on the developments and the story of Quel’dorei (High elves) since the last mega-thread. We do not condone trolling from either side both for and against. With this in mind, we’d like to share some comments and thoughts from our community on what we specifically mean and would like when asking for High elves. “High elves to me mean loyalty to friends and family above all. What I want specifically for them to be is to embody the ranger culture that was prevalent in the ranger core of quel'thalas. The classic wood elf feels but to also incorporate elements from the high elves of Stormwind and dalaran giving them magi and a link to the kirin tor as well as paladins. I want those that chose to remain with the alliance for any number of reasons.” - Fliktarg - US “To me, the High Elves are an adherence to tradition, principles, and family all while hoping for a better future. A renewed future. The High Elves have fought for peace and responsibility (especially in magical use as they are fully aware of the consequences) in the world since their exile from Kalimdor. The Sin'dorei, and now the Ren'dorei have all abandoned their traditional views and way of life when it comes to magical responsibility and traditional values. Values which were long intact due to lessons learned in the first coming of the Burning Legion. Those two have worked with and embraced the very forces that the Quel'dorei have long fought to keep at bay. It is as though they have completely forgotten their own heritage to become that which seeks power at any cost, regardless of the consequences. The Quel'dorei have held onto and openly embraced their traditional ways without succumbing to such a low and basal instinct as one would expect from the other races of Azeroth who are not nearly so long-lived and have not learned the same lessons as a whole people. They are unique, filled with an unwavering integrity in the face of even the darkest days and the ravages of the scourge. Instead of succumbing to the darkness of fel and void like many of their kin they have embraced their unique, continuing cultural identity with renewed fervor; never betraying their principles. Never becoming the 'joiner' in the 'if you can't beat them, join them," mentality. They truly are High Elves in name, action, and in continued principles; which makes them an undeniable and unique bright star in the Warcraft universe.” - Arisena Sunsworn “To me, High elves represent the Alliance more than most of the races currently in it. They are a strong, independent people who parted from their kin during the most difficult times. And unlike the Blood elves, they never lost their way. They've stayed true to themselves and to the Alliance. That loyalty is something that most playable races today lack. They have always believed in the Alliance, and for that reason alone, they should finally be their own playable race. And on a more serious note... Their inclusion as a playable race would be a really nice gesture to Alliance players amongst the current hostility. Sometimes, it feels like Blizzard is putting Horde players' opinions first with every new feature. For once, I'd like to see them put the Alliance first, and give us something of actual value. Give us something that makes us proud to be playing our faction.” - Stephanië US “High Elves, why should they be added? Well in my opinion not because of what they are, but because of what they represent. High Elves were always deeply connected with azerothian humanity and served as something like (analogically) its older cousins. They tutored humankind since its very origin in Arathor and continued to teach other (now Alliance) races and nations about the world. It's because of them that Alliance exists in its current form and i feel like it's really shame that they can't be officially part of what they helped to build.“ - Spinel EU High Elves are the Elves who choose loyalty over nationality. People who chose their friends over their brethren. They are the elves who overcame the mana addiction without fel magic. I want them because they have a lot to bring to the lore of Warcraft and represent a missed opportunity at deepening the story behind the Alliance/Horde conflict Also, Elves just belong with humans dwarves and gnomes - Enariel (CrazedRaven) - US Overview of what has been done to High Elves in BFA Now we are going to move onto, High Elf NPC’s in Through BFA beta,Live & PTR, Multiple High Elf NPC’s have been added. -Let’s start with Frostfencer Seraphi, Who is part of the Island team, <Auric’s Angels> Which can only be referencing Auric Sunchaser. (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=130620/frostfencer-seraphi) -Next we have Two new High Elf NPC's in BFA Islands expendtions.(https://www.wowhead.com/npc=136540/apprentice-karyn#modelviewer:10+0 https://www.wowhead.com/npc=136534/valero#modelviewer:10+0 ) -We also have Yvera Dawnwing, A portal master in Bourlas and Stromgarde keep. Where she is a quest giver. (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=143380/yvera-dawnwing) -Lastly we have the High Elf 7th Legion shield mages, on the Stromgarde keep, warfront airship (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=140024/7th-legion-shield-mage#outfit) Speculation on the future In the recent weeks, there have been some in-game ‘leaks’ related to potential upcoming Warfronts. The text can be seen via typing: ... in the in game chat box which shows this text: ... The text describes possible Warfronts including a potential Silvermoon Warfront. As the High Elven people originate from Quel’thalas, this Warfront is a perfect opportunity to showcase Veressa and the Silver Covenant on the Front lines fighting alongside the Alliance in an attempt to reclaim their homeland. Within the High Elf Community Discord ‘The Legacy of the Quel’dorei’, there have been discussions regarding what this Warfront may entail. Without getting into too much detail, here are some potential ideas: -The Warfront revolves around the war between the Elven factions - Blood Elves, Nightborne and San’layn (for the Horde) against Night Elves, Void Elves and High Elves (for the Alliance). -The Warfront includes some form of emotional response from the Blood Elves as they remember the Scourge Invasion of Quel’thalas. -Portrayal of comparisons between Arthas and Anduin. - A potential betrayal from within Quel’thalas just as Dar’khan Drathir betrayed Silvermoon during the Third War. This has been speculated to be Halduron Brightwing, as he is someone of importance and also has relations with Veressa and Alleria Windrunner since he was a child. It also gives an opportunity for Liadrin to replace Halduron as her character has become quite significant. - Potential Commanders for the Warfront could include Alleria, Vereesa or Auric for the Alliance whilst Lor’themar, Rommath or a potential San’layn for the Horde. Note, whilst not all suggestions may necessarily entail High Elves, the ideas are in regards to an opportune time for the High Elves to be added as an Allied Race. Types of Alliance allied High elves For clarification, the High Elves which are being requested are NOT the Elves from Quel’thalas. Instead come from ideally the Silver Covenant, however, can come from Lodges throughout Azeroth or Stormwind for example. But, the ideal situation are those from the Silver Covenant. ... The Silver Covenant was first introduced in the expansion Wrath of the Lich King and, since then acted with the Alliance across many events within the Alliance War Campaign throughout expansions. (More information will be listed below) There are currently 48 named Silver Covenant High Elves whom have interacted with players, including other unnamed members which supply forces to the Alliance military such as the 7th Legion Battlemages as a singular example. Other concentrations of High Elf NPCs include places such as Quel’danil Lodge - whom work with Alliance Adventurers (the player) to rid Forsaken invaders from it’s lands. The Lodge is the larger of two major populations within Lordaeron. High Elves are also found within Stormwind - particularly the Mage Quarter. The City of Dalaran as well as the Allerian Stronghold within Outland. Patches High Elves have played a role. ... Links: If you would like to view High Elf concepts for an Allied Race, you could visit our Tumblr page: ... You can also read more on the lore of High Elves and arguments for them as an Allied Race here: ... Or, if you would like to support High Elves as an Allied Race you can join our Community Discord: ... To Conclude, massive thanks to all members of the High Elf discord who had help put this thread together! EDIT: A poll has been created, feel free to vote! - Where would you like the High Elven home hub to be? ...Xyaa4026 4m
6m Casual gamer with cancer - Addon help for viewing better at a distance. I'm not really a poster as you see but could use a bit of help. I've seen other postings through the years of folks going through cancer treatments and am hoping I will receive a good/positive response as well. I am currently in my second reoccurrence of female gynecological cancer that I will not get into because there maybe children present and I do not want to cause issues/questions. I am going to be having surgery which will lay me up for possibly many months first time was just under a year and last time a few months. This time is a bit more extensive then last so I'm "preparing" for the worst and hoping for the best. The whole point of this posting is I will be basically living in a recliner on my back. My husband just purchased me a cordless keyboard and mouse so that I can play the game on our tv and wont need to have a heavy laptop on top of me like the last couple times. While this is WONDERFUL I'm older (52) and have issues seeing things at a distance. lol My daughter helped me find the chinchilla mini map addon so I can now enlarge the mini map and see nodes. ( I farm a lot) but its hard to see the actual herbs. The sea stalk are okay but the siren one in the trees not so good. I'm not really sure what if any add on will help with this issue. I've made myself a mission to earn enough gold to purchase that new mount that has the auction house on it for my Mom for Xmas. (yes my mom is in her 70's and still plays wow lol). I have managed to earn about 600,000 so far just farming my herbs the last few weeks. So I'm intending on still farming them if at all possible. Any suggestions on add-ons would greatly help. I've been playing around with video settings on my computer and also the tv trying to see if I can enlarge things but not really having much luck with it. Also, I do not really ever group and do dungeons anymore and it will be especially hard after surgery because of the angle I'm at while playing. I've been doing a lot of reading about that 2x4 farming groups. I don't have great gear just the warfront stuff I'm at like 340 level in my gear I've been thinking about trying to join in on a few of those. Would I be geared enough, and if I'm not at the top of my game would that still be okay or do you guys think people will give me a lot of grief that I'm not pulling my weight in those? Still have a couple weeks before surgery so just trying to get as prepared as possible before hand. Thanks for any info you can provide! :)Bitsey11 6m
6m Why, Blizzard....why. Why are you just rehashing the Garrosh storyline for Sylvanas in BfA? Don't get me wrong: Garrosh going bonkers was a great story for MoP! But, and here's the key, we've already seen it. We've already had a warchief go war-crazy and try to kill off the Alliance. I mean, you practically told us Saurfang was going to challenge her and become Warchief in the newest cinematic! Please, guys. Stop rehashing. Please.Dathretarian11 6m
7m Azerite in weekly cache Increasingly feels like a downgrade. Example - my ilvl 355 priest ran a +4 last week. Opened the chest to see the glories of a 340 helm. This when she's getting 355 from world quests. This... can't be intended/feels like a hang over from launch?Pandamonea4 7m
7m People's Republic of Blizzard So how do you all feel about the upcoming NEW REVOLUTION in forum organization? This, coupled with the design changes of BFA, is clearly a GREAT LEAP FORWARD in Blizzard's history.Monsterskill44 7m
7m Redesigning The Racial System I was thinking about racials and how alot of times it feels bad to have to pick between being viable(in the eyes of GM's, PuGs, etc) and being the race you want to be in WoW. Being out performed because you like one race isn't the best feeling thing in the world. WHAT IF! Instead of racials being race locked, blizzard crafting unique and engaging campaigns for each racial that your character played through to unlock their racial. Imagine going through a quest campaign where you metnor under the ethereals and bind yourself to the void and complete dark rituals to unlock the VElf racials or a campaign where you join and study under a nazmir-style blood magic cult in order to unlock the undead racials (cannabalism, touch of the grave, will of the forsaken). While having racials tied to race makes races unique, I feel like doing it this way makes a deeper connection to your character and adds an RPG element that might make your character more satisfying to play. Your not just an orc warrior now, you are an orc warrier that studied under the etherals to harness the might of the void in combat!!!! Now some of racials would have to re-made as I feel like some are too-bland to have a campaign based around but alot of others could work.Ragoshan0 7m
7m Mythic + Healers Mistweaver monk Holy Paladin Restoration Druid If you were to have a pro healer with your group, which one would you rather have. Say for now 8.1 and 8.2 (talking about utility, what the spec offers NOT only numbers since we can't tell future patch) For mythic+ Mostly , but a bit of everything. If you had a friend Pro healer glued to you all the time, which spec would you choose and why?Leidellis9 7m
8m Does Markiplier Understand WoW More Than Developers? I'm not a huge Markiplier fan, but I did love his SubNautica coverage. I'm not hating on him either btw. I'm kind of wondering, when this guy is streaming on his YouTube/Twitch channel after playing every game you could imagine, why does this guy understand what made WoW so memorable compared to the current WoW developers or people who make the final decision? Put Markiplier Bath Time (questionable, yeah, but it does work) into YouTube. Skip 18 mins in and you'll see what I'm talking about. Could Blizzard please hire people like Markiplier, Icefrog, etc, people who understand the basics behind a good game versus satisfying the stock holders? I hope Diablo Immortal and the stock prices following afterwords (I should include BFA has been disappointing so far, OverWatch is meh, and Destiny is something you laugh at) have shown Blizzard and Activision an important lesson.Derelick22 8m
9m Northwind Hawk - Randomly Killing Players. Hello, so I have a storage alt parked in Shrine of Two Moons (Horde) and lately I have been getting randomly killed off by a NPC, Northwind Hawk. Image: https://imgur.com/a/8qwX3OV Video from 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNKUzCX2Dx0 Seems like Blizzard doesn't care about fixing bugs :| now I can't enjoy my favorite architectural designed building and its mosaic art.Kishin20 9m
11m Would you say Horde is more like... Huey Lewis & The News or Phil Collins? And what race would Patrick Bateman play if he played WoW? *Mods Please Note this is simply a fun post, it harbors no intention of trolling or spamming.Leshe11 11m
12m The Vanilla difference So.. Me: a Vanilla (Classic) Veteran who hasn't stopped playing WOW for at least an average of 3 hours per day since Nov, 2004. Had the opportunity to travel back in time and took a walk down in memory lane around the great fields, and hills of Westfall once again... I did noticed a few differences in current classic; however they were so small that it really didn't get in the way of my love for Vanilla WOW, it was more or less difference which I would consider harmless . I was pleasantly surprised when I realized random people whom I've never met before started buffing me.. And ofcourse I reciprocated and buffed them back. I found myself in trouble, running away from gnolls. This happened after trying to get to a chest which was guarded by them, and right before my imminent demise a random priest healed me, feared the gnolls, I was able to recover some mana and eliminate them with my almighty fireballs. But this wasn't the icing on the cake, what brought me back to vanilla was the fact that priest whispered me, and I quote: "go get your chest bud, before a rogue steals it".. All this.. and Needless to say.. I will be going back to Vanilla. I hope blizzard understands that this is the cornerstone of the gamer's experience. These people who are altruistic and make the world a little less sour. God knows the world is full of trolls and ninjas in RL, leaders that separate people and want to become rulers of the world by feeding their greed, be it in micro transactions or be it in building walls and not bridges. So what is the Vanilla difference? it is simple really... It is the abscense of current WOW (bfa) No micro transactions, no instant gratification or loot pinatas aka battle fronts (which are horrible btw) But more than this.. The real difference is people like that priest that saved me from those gnolls and allowed me to get the chest I was working so hard to get.. I hope Blizzard see's us; the customer base as that chest I was trying to loot once again. and tries to understand that in order to get to it, it takes hard work, and respect for that hard work and a good team to reach the goal, which ultimately will spawn a loyal customer who will recommend Blizzard games, because they are built for the gamer and not the stock holder. Rember blizzard "slow and steady, wins the race" be careful who you chose as WOW developer to calls the shots in BFA. Because I know a dev or two who can destroy the game for you and us (Battlefronts.. ahem...). Credit where credit is due, thank you Vanilla community for making this happen. and thank you Blizzard directive for giving us back Classic in its purest form; as much as possible. times change, but values never do.. Blizzard, I invite you to take a walk down to memory lane, and remember what made Classic WOW great once again.. I believe you will see, that the difference is the respect and love for your audience, since the loyal audience will reciprocate, and that! is priceless..Kruelia0 12m
13m 8.1 Patch: Sylvannas and her new pair of lips Who will she kiss? Anduin? Will it be Saurfang? ❤️‍ ‍❤️‍‍ ‍❤️‍‍ ‍❤️‍‍ ‍‍❤️‍ ‍❤️‍ ‍‍Comment below ❤️‍ ‍❤️‍‍ ‍❤️‍‍ ‍❤️‍‍ ‍‍❤️‍ ‍❤️‍ ‍‍Lownslow53 13m
14m FUN FACT: Blizzard Not Listening Here's a bombshell for some lovely snowflakes out there: Blizzard not listening to you DOES NOT EQUAL Blizzard not listening to the players. You are not the players. You are not the ambassador of the community. You are one person among millions. Get a straw. And suck it up.Dathretarian18 14m
14m Blizzcon 2019 Dates My work situation is such that for 2019 annual leave I have left it a bit late but still possible to maybe arrange time off. That said... Seems a pattern in recent time is the first Friday/Saturday of November. Fairly consistent. But... if you look at the precedents and go back a bit you will see that the year they could have held Blizzcon on the 1st/2nd the date was instead 8th/9th. In 2019 we have that situation again. Yeah... book both weekends any way? But it isn't that simple where I work. Don't know which weekend to book. Sigh.Taraegon1 14m
14m The new forums look great! I like that it looks similar, but I thought we would be able to link pictures?Kurtloder6 14m
14m Draenei, Gnome , or Dwarf fury warrior?! Draenei , Gnome , or dwarf fury warrior and why?! Go!! Please and thank you :) P.s. mainly pvpShoobý23 14m
15m Made a mistake dropping a profession I sadly made a rash decision and deleted my alchemy profession. Is there a way to get back my recipes and my transmutation mastery?Bábáganoush8 15m
15m Press F to pay respects to the old forums. FChaosnachos37 15m
17m The Forum of Future Wars Here we are guys 3 months in to BFA and struggling to fill our time in game. Same old grind at cap as always despite efforts to revitalize the game with a more pvp based direction. For me and many others WPvP has added a much needed boost of fun for the time being, but as time passes their simply isn’t enough incentive to continue camping and ganking in the open world. We need more and I have a suggestion, let’s make it a real battle for Azeroth. What I mean by that is outside of the 8 starting zones (Durotar, Mul’Gore, Trisfall, Eversong, Elwynn, Teldrasil, dun morogh, and azuremyst) let’s add war bases to each zone that provide a constant power struggle and rewards for winning such WHILE WAR MODE IS ACTIVE. Now you might say “This just gives 120’s a reason to camp lower lvl zones” but I would reply with “why not make an instant rebalance to the Max lvl of the zone when you cross the border”. To elaborate on other worries I’m gonna just go ahead and say that all non-war mode players should be kept on a separate server where the effects of control won’t change anything. All I’m saying is we should turn Azeroth into one big epic BG so the true soldiers of each side have something to actually fight for. Might sound crazy, might not. But either way let’s talk.Bronxton7 17m
17m "Your tentacles are so ticklish!" Gina Mudpaw giggled. Nasuun was wiggling his tentacles about, ever so slightly sliding across her face. "Ugh, can you don't?" Illnea Bloodthorn gagged. "Get a room." "Can an Exarch suck them toes?" Nasuun turned to Illnea. She turned and ran in terror, eeyaa-ing like an anime character in an exaggerated stereotypical fanservice scene. Nasuun turned back to Gina. staring right into her eyes. She looked back at him, he was as handsome as Squidward. "Ohhh mon amie!" Nasuun crooned. "Ohh, how romantic!" Gina swooned. They were just abut to kiss when suddenly Dalaran started shaking! Oh no! They looked around and saw none other than Khadgar casting an evil spell on Dalaran. His eyes were glowing red and he was screaming in tongues! "Euugh t'rash nck'thuul arah plash!" he said in a raspy voice. Gina fell back in literal terror. She didn't know what to do, but Exarch Nasuun sure did. "Khadgar, the old god! Back again so soon?" Nasuun taunted. Khadgar turned and shot him with a powerful bolt but it had no effect because Nasuun was the strongest Draenei ever. He even trained T'paartos. "Tch tch tch." Nasuun gloated. "You'll never win." Nasuun started doing his Draenei dance. The moves sent Khadgar far away and into the shadow realm. "Ohhh Nasuun. That was sooo brave!" Gina admired him with huge, oversized eyes. Nasuun turned to her, his huge, gigantics glistening shoulderpads almost fully covering his face. He hugged her and had sad eyes. "I was so afraid I'd lose you. Let us never be apart again." Nasuun said. Gina agreed. And they lived happily ever after. ----One last cringefic before the end...Yzzami25 17m
17m New Forum... where? There's talk of a new WoW forum or something that's on the verge? Where can I find information on this?Whizzurd1 17m
20m Healing in WoW is not fun Healing in wow used to be fun, now it is a low-quality gaming experience. I just did a warfront with not even one healer in it. I myself refused to heal because I did not want to stand around waiting for someone to come help me kill things. Reasons healing sucks in WoW: Over-specialized healing specs that are not fun to play. Slow, boring rotation and gameplay. Crappy healing gear early in the BFA expansion make healers feel weak and neglected. A lack of healing weapons and trinkets is a huge problem. Hybrids that can no longer be played as a hybrid. Healing specs, except disc priest are useless for leveling or grinding. Talent matrix is too limiting for healers, especially hybrids. Healing in WoW just isn't fun anymore which is why I rarely do it. I have quit healing on my holy paladin completely. All I hear is how much shaman healing sucks but I don't think the problem is with the shaman class, I think all healing in wow sucks, except maybe for priests.Helenei79 20m
21m The last "rate my xmog" thread Now that the forums are dying. Immortalize your greatest mog set!Draxîs42 21m
22m Does anyone run gold missions? 150g reward?? I mean seriously who’s running these?Balki53 22m
22m New forums been cancelled ? I hope so mabey they realized its not needed and that these fourms are indeed superior.Clasmenethil3 22m
23m island expeditions? anyone figure out how to get rewards like the mounts yet?Goblineer6 23m
25m What ilvl is neded to get 370 azerite gear from WQ's? I wanna know for an alt that is 358 but still see it as 355. Im talking about the emissary WQ's.Pacog81 25m
25m Fun New Forum Game Instead of reporting/flagging people, lets read through threads and just copy the portion of the CoC that the OP could be considered breaking. Let see how many threads could potentially be bannedValên3 25m
25m BIG QUESTION! Anduin Vs. Sylvanas Who would you rather kiss?Lownslow51 25m
26m WOW Pet Battles on Mobiles What do you guys think of this idea. Can you imagine pet battles on your phone while having some real connection with the PC game?Büffy0 26m