General Discussion

Nov 22, 2014 Core Hound collapses and begins to smolder. Core Hound reignites from the heat of another Core Hound!Grayscaled1 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Do theDevs even really KNOW what is fun? First, grounding us in the new areas. Then the LFD loot changes(thankfully reverted) Sure, it is fun to shake up the ant farm if you own it - not so much fun for the ants! Give us flying in Draenor, and stop thinking of *fun* things please!Anarchh1 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 I'm loving this Draenor Iron-Age Gear Style I don't even want to transmog. I love the whole Iron-Age theme of my gear. I feel like a Hunter Ninja, minus the pun on stealing your loot. ;)Sniperstrike7 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Dungeon loot Full disclosure: Haven't run dungeons yet. Having too much fun leveling. But I was wondering who thought it was a good idea to change back to the NBG loot system in an expansion where you painstakingly made it more difficult to earn gold. Why not make Personal Loot the default, with the option to switch to NFG? Or was that how it was before? And what feedback? I saw a lot of posts from people before this change that loved the Personal Loot system. I don't remember seeing much desire for NBG to return.Mishotem5 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Level 100 Meatball What the heck...Why does he 2 shot any clothy before he enrages? He's gone from being too easy to nearly impossible if you don't have insane defensive CDs.Narwhals5 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 4k Resolution WoW Just got a new 4k tv. I'm getting around 30 - 40 fps at 4k on ultra, goes up slightly if I go down to high settings, and I'm using a gtx 760. I want to run ultra at 60+ always. It looks phenomenal. What gpu should I go for a gtx 970 or a 980, and could there be a single gpu option?Hobbgobblin2 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 MC Raiders https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjmJCy1ksYY Reminder this exists. Fitting for the event, imo.Kurgor0 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Draenor Treasure Chests They're not showing up on the mini-map anymore. Does anyone know how to fix this? It makes it way easier when they're showing up on the mini-map.Zithrø2 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Looking to transfer gold. Trying to get rid of 30k gold on Illidan US Horde for 30k on Korgath US Alliance. emogeddon#1652Wünderlüst0 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Daily Quests in WoD I remember them saying that they weren't going the route of MoP with daily quests hubs and rep gating for gear and important upgrades. Do we still get daily hubs with certain factions for vanity/fun items? I did a search and see they have a few new factions but I'm just curious how we will grind their rep in WoD. I remembered hearing that we won't have ANY daily quest hubs in WoD, does anyone know if this is true? If so that's a little disappointing. I really disliked the way it was set up for MoP (mostly the rep gating for important items and dailies being the only way to grind them) but I enjoy having the option to get some daily quests in.Wreckiñ4 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 I'm unsubbing, heres why. The attention to detail in blizzard games is just poor. Let me tell you my story in on an action to action basis. >Get enough resources to upgrade to garrison lvl 3 >mfw >Upgrade. Castle is stunning, the courtyard is huge. >Start to look around >Buildings look awesome. New mage tower, portal to Ashran. Legit. >See new tables, my followers sitting around, eating drinking. Immersion, top level. So legit. >Admirin' my buildings, then it dawns on me. I have to poop. >Look for glorious bath house where my followers relieve themselves. >Not there. Get angry. Then annoyed. >Blizzard didn't remember my character's still have to go to bathroom. >Go looking for my !@#$ty single seat outhouse. Expect to find it occupied with funny text originally. >missedopportunities.jpg >Search everywhere. Front, back, side, outside, inside, down, up. Crap house nowhere to be seen. >Realization. Blizzard removed my garrison outhouse with level 3 upgrade. >Enraged. I unsub. Until, at the very minimum, my outhouse is replaced in my garrison, I will not play your game. I spent the time investing resources to upgrade my garrison to level three, I expected more than an outhouse, I wanted a bath house, and instead, you gave me nothing. Don't care about amazing, masterpiece sound track. Don't care about incredible and innovative mechanics and game play through my garrison and this expansion. I want my crap house. Fix this immediately, or my rating of world of Warcraft will be exceptionally low on metacritic.Caplin72 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 If it ain't broke, dont fix it WoW gamer here since 04 blizz. Im loving this last xpac. Quests are abundant, quests are fun. Im really glad you reverted the looting system in dungeons, it felt wonky to kill a boss and get nothing. Having said that I feel the need to say the profession system we had prior to WoD was not broken, therefore needed no fixing. Scarcity is what makes a profession profitable and interesting. Over abundance is what makes professions not profitable and boring. The latter is what garrisons have created. There is a social aspect nerds like in WoW and it is interacting with other players, if we play WoW 7 out of 10 times the nerd playing isnt interacting irl. Therefore professions do provide certain interaction, also garrisons take away a vital social part of the game. I like that you nerfed dungeons lootwise, and there are fewer, it makes nerds quest. Also dungeons provide less exp thats a plus. I propose for the next xpac deathwing resurrects and destroys all garrisons. And we are left homeless to interact with the nerds once again. I didnt mention this but, on the 4th day of WoD release I was selling enchants, and about 65% of the players that whispered me, after I having told them the enchant was 500g because it took a temporal crystal would say back to me, "ahh nvm ill just get it done in my garrison". :/ :/ :/ :(Mickeybrown0 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Thank you for fixing personal loot. Topic. Thank you blizzard for doing the right thing and bringing back personal loot.Ishnee2 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Macro to place a "skull" on a target? Any way to make a macro to place a skull on somethings head?Ironpatriot0 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 My Gladiator Sanctum rewards feel like... Christmas morning, always presents and cash!Ameristep0 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 You need to relax, Blizzard. You're being really jumpy lately and making sudden, overboard changes. First, you removed Personal loot from LFG (which was fixed today), and now you gutted the Ashran honor gains. I can now get more honor from a 2v2 Skirmish which takes 5% of the time. Seriously, the game is great. Easy up on the trigger and take your time to make sure the changes you're making are correct. Nobody's in Ashran right now because of the honor reduction. I'm sure this'll be "hotfxed" soon, but still. Other than that? Like I said, WoD is great. Just chill.Lorithas7 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Level 90 Character Boost.. Is this going to be removed from the game? I understood it before the WoD (Yes, I boosted this character, but why have it AFTER the WoD Expansion? Dunno why you guys think I never supported it in the first place, I boosted this toon, now it's my main. I already leveled 3 other toons, but never did I say I thought it was stupid.) What's the point of keeping it? If new people come to the game and they just boost their character, what's the point of even having levels? Are we gonna see them being removed from the game any time soon? I didn't really mean this as a mean thing, I was just asking everyone what they think of it and such, and asking why it was there. Wasn't trying to be mean or anything..Aegiale24 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 My Damage in Dungeons is awful (rogue) alright so i have a 99 rogue with item level 579....i have 2 daggers ilevel 600 and they do 170 dmg each so for normal dungeons i think i should be pretty well equipped... but when i see my damage done compared to others i get absolutely crapped on, I inspected a level 97 hunter who had a 560 boomstick and blue/green 570 armor almost doubling my damage output when i clearly had better gear now i already know what your thinking that its probably my skill rotation but im pretty sure i have that down Subtley Rogue: i keep Slice and dice and Rupture applied at ALL TIMES, i entered in and out of stealth to use Ambush as much as possible and i use backstab to build combo points and evicerate to finish so what can i improve or what am i doing wrong? i would show u my gear but my character doesnt appear on the armoryNastynas17 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 no fishing while mounted? I have the stables in my garrison, can mine and do other things mounted. But I cant fish from my sea turtle /cryJdubz3 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Terrorguard Skin I was wondering if Blizzard has made any mention of whether or not they're going to reskin terrorguards? All the other advanced demons look gorgeous now, the terrorguard though...still the old one. http://gyazo.com/94723120920c490fb59fdf25bcc11843 And here's the abyssal, it looks pretty amazing: http://gyazo.com/c7aa36739fb1a1df6bd1783199994d0e What does everyone else think? Yay or nay?Avertane3 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Ragnaros at 100 Is it just me or should Ragnaros, of all bosses, be at least a little less of a pushover than the rest of the raid? He was at 6% when we reached the first Submerge in my run. Kinda disappointing.Raìnbowdash6 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Legendary Cloak Effect Has the addition effect from the legendary cape been removed? Im not seeing "Flurry of Xuen" on recount anymore.Leonist10 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Thanks for putting us against the entire nation of Brazil Blizzard. Sure love being outnumbered hopelessly in Ashran. You'd think you'd treat Sargeras better after the lanch fiasco.Vàlentìne10 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 The Storyline Inconsistency Following the Cataclysm revamp of old world quests, there was always going to be storyline consistency issues moving forward. The 1-60 questing experience is heavily Cataclysm centric, which results in confusion when moving through each expansion with quest lines revolving around Illidan, the Lich King and then back to Deathwing. In some of the post-revamp discussions, it was mentioned that Blizzard intended to revamp Outland and Northrend. I personally think this would be a waste of resources, but the sharp shifts in storyline can be jarring. The potential solution to this problem that I like is one that has been mentioned before, with a revamp of only the entrance to Outland and Northrend to include a quest line through the Caverns of Time. These expansions would be introduced as historical events, perhaps an incomplete record that the player is tasked with completing for the Bronze Dragonflight. This would at least bring some consistency, though it would be a bandaid fix. What would your solution be?Arkaic0 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 The bounty on your head Have you ever wondered what the bounty on your head is? Across all your years of killing/stealing/assassinating/harassing/dethroning/capturing/ and commiting genocide for rep gain against, how high of a bounty is on your character for your enemies?Ettemos19 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Looking for cm group, I know gold strats Hello, I'm looking for a group to run Cm golds with I know all 8 dungeon strats for golds, Ele dps. Mistwalker title 9/9 Realm best time from last season. 14/14 mythic SoO b4 wod pre patch. looking for group with same expFushi0 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Are you trying to make people leave..? 1. Removal of an excellent loot system, Need Before Greed is archaic, creates drama, ineffective and overall inferior to personal loot in every way. 2. Making Ashran have zero point to it, and imo it's not even fun. 3. I hate professions now, and I'm sure there are others who think this as well. 4. Removed dailies, but disguised them as other things such as daily heroic lockouts, garrisons and other things I'm sure I'm missing. 5. The biggest one for me, WHY IS EVERYTHING DIABLO 3 LOOT. I HATE the random stats on gear, just give me something predetermined not a helm with sometimes +versatility or multistrike. 6. How in the world did the current class balance, for both pve and pvp make it out of beta? Looking at you Shamans/Warlocks. I loved Warlords (when we all could finally play it!) but with all of these changes, especially the recent Ashran nerf I'm starting to not like it at all.Azràél1 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 If Wow is the McDonalds of MMO then... I hear people say this a lot, if that is the case, who's the Nobu, Morimoto's, Ramesy's, Emeril's , Wolfgang puck of MMO's? Just wondering. :)Phelios13 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Ashran Mega-Nerfed by factor of 10 Blizz, For one--I agree that farming 625 honor every 10 minutes is a bit overkill. I understand the nerf. However: - 625 honor for the enemy commander is appropriate---the poor matchups are the problem. - Decreasing the honor gain by ONE-TENTH is overkill. 62 honor for killing the end boss? Why would anyone do that? You would need to farm Ashran for nearly 50 hours (assuming you're constantly winning) to fill out your set. I understand the nerf. Ten-fold is overkill.Ashran8 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Those who got it pvp set ilvl 620 come here what is the best way to farm honor to get the full set before december 2nd ?Zyf1 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Iron Horde Scraps... So I got the thing so I could get the Orgrimmar Guard Transmog (Even though I would MUCH rather a Silvermoon Guard Transmog...) But I've been doing dungeons and such...(well, ran 2) and only got 2 scraps.... Where should I go? At this point it seems like the next xpack will be out before I get enough scraps.Dogofdecay2 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 MC Raid information Only got the Enchant illusion not super interested in it but i do want the pet badly Can i run again for the pet or is it a lock-out?Zunde2 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Thank you for nerfing my 35k Trinket. *sigh* :( Was so happy to get my Knight's Badge last night. +175 Bonus armor and a Crit proc (DPS + Parry ? Heck yeah!), pretty good trinket overall. Spent 35k buying the cards (thanks to some guildies and some patience with the AH). Wake up this morning, it's now +117 Bonus armor. That's 42 less than my 10 lower ilvl Heroic Toria's Unseeing Eye. Now, I get why this was done, the Crit proc, 20 sec duration on a 115 sec ICD averages out to +242 Crit. So essentially, it's a +117 BA/+242 Crit trink, which is more stats than the ilvl 630 blue. However, did you really have to Nerf the base stat (Bonus armor) ? Couldn't you up the ICD, reduce the duration of the proc, or reduce the amount of crit from the proc instead ? I'd rather have the static Bonus armor with a lesser crit, than what it is now.Berith3 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Moon Guard Shut Down? There's nothing on the forums or the loading screen but Moon Guard just got the 15 minute "Server Shutdown" message. What's going on?Atanah129 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Guild queueing for MC? Are guilds not allowed to group and queue for MC LFR together? Or are we simply bugged? I have asked others and they said they would queue together, however my guild can't.Mashugina2 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Please bring back personal loot Blizzard. I love the personal loot system and thought it was a huge step forward for all of us. Everyone I know, everyone I have met, loved the personal loot system as well. It eliminated loot ninjas, and helped speed up instances. Every time I opened up that loot crate I was keeping my fingers crossed for my own special piece of loot that I did not have to worry about loosing. It felt very rewarding, but now all I feel is frustration as well as being very confused why it was removed from the game. Listen to more player feedback, and please bring back the personal loot. Ten years of playing Wow and it was one of the best things I have seen you guys do.Andromedai16 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 For the first time since I've started WoW I don't enjoy the pvp. I think I'll be sitting this season (expansions pvp?) out. Currently it feels like bc casters vs mop melee and I'm not enjoying it at all.Azràél1 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Possible MC Bug Found? I have been in MC now two times today. At the exact same spot the Raid gets dropped and everyone is booted out of the instance. The Mob in question is a Lava Annihilator that is just past the bridge heading to Sulfuron. The mob is on the right near the edge alone. As I said two times now in the exact same spot when someone pulls it. I think is worth looking into, I have created a ticket but who knows when it will be seen, maybe someone can pass this info on.Verdan24 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Give us some control over stable mounts. I'd really like some control over which mounts show up in my stable. Pandaren kites, mechanostriders, sky golems, and sea horses definitely do not belong in stables. I'd also like to be able to exclude my flying mounts since seeing them there is basically just a big tease, and honestly, I'm afraid my pureblood firehawk is going to set the whole place on fire. Maybe have only mounts on your favorites list show up in stables at the very least if finer levels of control aren't practical.Amorghain10 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 5760 x 1080 support Please 5760 x 1080 Fullscreen Xfire/Sli Support would be nice. . .Sphyxiate22 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 100 rares only drop gear during the daily? So the level 100 rares in the 'go kill random crap' daily quest from our garrison all drop various 620 gear. But do they only drop that item when we are actually on a daily for that area?Drazana0 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Authenticator question I just added a authenticator to my account with the mobile app but what i was wondering is does anyone know if you still get the molten core pup companion pet? Just curious as i'm a companion pet collector.Nixievixie3 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Wait so MC only drops 1 item and a mount? where is the replay value of this? so what do you get to look forward for? heroic warforged gold? geeze not even 630 gear for hours killing trash?Zan5 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Black Market AH/Auction house questions If you're looking to buy an item, and it changes from a 'Long' Time left. (Between 2hr and 12hrs) to a 'Medium' time left "Between 30 minutes and 2 hours". Does that mean that there is 2 hours left on the medium when it switches? Or can it still be somewhere in between 30min and 2 hours.Neims2 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Ashran dead now. So what do PvP'ers get this go around? Nothing. Not even a single new battleground or arena,Kkqt0 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Ashran - Combining Arthas and Mannoroth Now instead of 1 server being rolled by Horde in Ashran there are two. All the Allies from Mannoroth hate us Allies on Arthas because we ruined Ashran for them (there are 5 of us here from Arthas total). I get combining an Alliance dominating server with a Horde dominating server, but 23,461 Alliance to 130,466 Horde on Arthas and 61,947 Alliance to 43,276 Horde on Mannoroth You might as well get us out of there and spare them :/ Keep your free level 90, keep your free 5 days play time. Give me a free transfer to Azshara or Azgalor. Please.Bladre0 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 garrison teleporttation to ashran issues u can teleport to to ashran from your garrison, but u can teleport back from ashran to your garrison? I hate taking the flightmaster.Chiyou0 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 Need Before Greed NBG is like giving a sick child a lollipop after going to the doctor, it may make them feel better temporarily, but ultimately they receive no benefit from it. The explanation for the analogy is this; people run dungeons with the NBG system over and over and more often than not, come across loot that is unusable by their class/spec. With the personal loot system, I felt blizzard had achieved something that a lot of people were happy with. The loot that you got was yours and it was also for whatever spec you designated (cloaks, trinkets, rings) with the loot specialization setting. Real talk though, people feeling disgruntled by loot not showing up on their screen is a little silly in my opinion. People have to understand that while yes, you may go dungeons before you receive a piece of gear with the personal loot system, in a NBG system, you may go dungeons without even SEEING a piece of gear that you can use. I think once people can grasp that concept, they will come to terms that Personal loot is probably for the best for a few reasons. Issues with the NBG system: (MAIN FOCUS OF THREAD) 1) Ninja Looters - Self explanatory, someone steals your loot that probably doesn't even need it. i.e Caster DPS rolling on healer trinket for ilvl boost. 2) Off-specs. As a monk healer who needs a 630 weapon very badly for my WW OS, I had to force myself to not need on the weapon that was dropped. This was because the rogue in my group needed the weapon and I couldn't need on it without being a scumbag. This could have been avoided with the personal loot system. I hate to say it but the mentality held my most players in the PUG scene is not pure enough to handle the NBG system to use it as intended. It is plagued by ninja looters and people who need stuff for their off-spec. The system works great in groups of friends, but the NBG system simply can not be utilized properly by most LFG groups. Please don't be stubborn blizzard, people won't shame you for reverting a decision you made; people will only shame you for making a poor decision.Chronux17 Nov 22, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 I have to say, great job on the Garrisons I've always wanted something in the game that I can have my stuff up on display. Now I have a place for my mini pets (it's adorable to have them running all over the place) and the stables. I love the follower thing actually, I don't know why but I've always liked little things like that I can do, go do something else and come back to them later. I really hope Garrisons are not just here to stay, but will continue to improve. I really want them to stay a main part of the game into the future. Maybe it's the Harvest Moon fan in me, but I love starting with a little hole in the ground and building it up to something awesome.Athinah0 Nov 22, 2014