General Discussion

Dec 31, 2014 Sick and Tired of the GOGOGO Attitude Since my server is getting a restart in a few minutes I thought I'd come here and rant. Who knows, maybe this will at least make a minuscule percentage of the people playing stop and think. Or not. I'm completely sick of this attitude that 95% of players I encounter with the Group Finder seem to have -- the idea that we have to go as fast as humanly possible through any dungeon/raid. And often faster than we can handle. Idiot tanks who pull several groups and expect me to heal them through it, even with my lower gear. DPS who pull instead of me, the tank, because they just can't wait for 2 seconds. What the hell has happened to this game? Back in Vanilla if you pulled two groups together it was a wipe, period. The same could be said of BC as well. Somewhere along the line people started getting really advanced gear and steamrolling heroics and other lower-tier content, especially near the end of an expansion. Well now they expect everyone to be able to do the same, even when that content is new, i.e. a few months old. Why do you have this need to rush rush rush rush? Why is it impossible for you to wait for a few seconds for the healer to eat/drink, or for the tank to figure out and mark the next pull? I am genuinely puzzled and thoroughly pissed off by this phenomenon. SO MANY groups I've been in, especially on my healer alt, break apart because of this stupid need to rush. In the group I just left, the DK tank pulled a whole group PLUS a boss, when I specifically stated "OOM" in chat because I was at 20% mana when he pulled. The gate to the boss shut before I could get there. I mean, seriously??? And no, I'm not a "bad." I was in a top tier raiding guild in vanilla, and raided regularly through WotLK, until I got sick of the drama. Now I resort to LFR which is also constantly plagued by this inane need to rush. TL;DR: SLOW DOWN IN DUNGEONS/RAIDS! I'm going to stop healing entirely when a group rushes too fast for me, your kicks be damned.Tiege90 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 The Official Bigclancy AMA ¡ ¡ herr we go Bigclancy herr and I will be answering all questions asked heeheeLtjuutsu0 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Why did ToC and SoO lose so much loot? Feels strange that outdated content had stuff stripped from its loot tables after the fact. Even stranger when you consider that much of the stuff that was taken out is still accessible in different colors. Can't understand why though.Koraki24 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Would like to see Easier access to EU servers Besides making an EU account and paying an extra 15 dollars a month since wow in region locked. The world is global now and Blizz should move further towards this. If this is not possible i would also like to see an easier pay plain for an EU account instead of having to go through paypal to convert the currency. Id like to see blizz take US currency to be allowed to play EU realms. Also, a side note since my state is one that makes us pay a tax (NJ) would we also have to pay taxes on an EU account and subscription thank you.Multan5 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Blizz pls put 100 insta boost in blizz store Repeating the same content is boring. You guys would make more money too so why not lol $$$$$Hakunametata34 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Confessions of a Camper If you are on a pvp server you know all to well about being camped/ganked. I personally have not always been into it because it seemed wrong and i know how it feels. It ruins the game. Lets say you are questing and that one person 20 lvls higher flying by drops down one shots you and flies off. See in their head they think "Well I only killed him once so I'm not that bad. Well you are. See there are 15 more with that same mentality. You may think that killing that one low lvl 1 time is ok but in reality they are being killed repeatedly for hours on end. There is also the ones who are equal lvl that are questing possibly rep grinding and you think "I'm equal lvl to them so its ok". Chances are you are in pvp gear and they are more than likely in green/blue gear trying to knock out a few quests while waiting on a reg dungeon queue. However you kill them, and you don't stop there. You kill again and again. They pop up with no health and you kill them again. Until the point they have to wait 5 minutes to come back. Then the 30+ minute dungeon queue pops up and they are stuck in spirit form watching their tormentor facesquat them and laugh at your corpse completely missing the dungeon queue and having to wait even longer. That's possibly over 1 hour just to get into a dungeon if it only happens once. I'm sure everything I am about to say is going to get under your skin because if you are on a pvp server you know what I'm talking about. I am a camper/ganker. Chances are if you are Alliance on my server and you are trying to lvl in Shadowmoon Valley in WoD you have run into me and my wife. For at least an hour a day in the afternoon. But, before you judge me and jump down my throat continue to read. I was not always this way. Honestly it just started recently as a newly capped returning player from years of hiatus (since beginning of cata). Normally I leave others alone to quest but one day in Nagrand I was simply trying to finish the quests but an entire Alliance guild was camping the town. They do their laugh thing and make it out like you are the pathetic one because there are 20 of them and 5 of you. So I had enough. I decided to blow the dust off my gladiators sanctum and farm some broken bones. Me and my wife headed over to the Alliance noob area while queued for battlegrounds we started farming broken bones. Ruthlessly I might add. At one point I had someone actually create a Horde character (which I had done before) and proceed to go off on me. I replied to him "Go to Nagrand and thank all the ones camping me while I'm rep grinding. If i cant quest neither can you" we went back and forth until i finally told him as I have been told many times before "This is a pvp server and I have a quest for broken bones. Killing you gives me broken bones. Don't like it? Re-roll to a pve server" They didn't message me again. So I continue. Now for the real reason I am writing this I am not going to stop. I'm over there every day. I will continue. Not because I enjoy it but because it is something I can do while waiting on my dungeon/bg queue. I agree this should be stopped however Blizzard encourages it. I WANT ALL OF YOU TO JOIN ME ALLIANCE AND HORDE I'm personally not looking forward to being camped on my rogue and paladin but I know this is the only thing that will bring Blizzard to do something about it. Make it a problem. A HUGE PROBLEM. Make people not want to play. Make it so irritatingly difficult to lvl that new players wont do it. Ruin their days off to the point that they come on to the forums and blast the devs. THE SOLUTION If someone messages you like they did me "which is the plan". Tell them to go submit an idea and tell them they need to implement a Dishonorable Kill punishment for those who camp/gank outside of battlegrounds and Ashran. Give them notification that if they kill their target it will be a Dishonorable Kill before they even strike. What is a Dishonorable Kill? Honorable Kill you gain honor and broken bones. ]Honor-less Kill you gain nothing "Personally I do not think this helps. Its meaningless and shouldn't exist. Dishonorable Kill You lose Honor and conquest at a rate depending on how many lvls are below you and how many times you have killed the same player. Notice I didn't say honor or conquest. If someone is 10 lvls below you you should lose 20 conquest starting at 2 lvls below you. unless they attack first. It should always start at conquest and when conquest is empty it should continue into honor at triple the rate. You don't think this is fair? Then you are the ones who deserve to lose honor and conquest. However trust me when I say until this is implemented I will continue. I will only get wore and there may be someone who reads this and agrees with me on your servers opposite faction. Enjoy...Kabl16 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Garn Nighthowl How hard is it to farm this mount? Because I am kicking myself ATM it was 8,999g on the AH on my server 3 days ago and I almost had the gold saved up and now its 12k :l lol so I was wondering if its hard to farm?Monara4 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Arrakoa playable race please! I want to be Harveybirdman Blizzard...make it soOzmadaius44 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Goodbye Wow =( I just want to thank all my friends and the wow community for all the years of all the great times . Been playing since burning crusade and I have to admit things haven't and I know wont be the same as they were then. I understand blizzard wants to move forward and make changes...some of us miss the old days where you actually have talents that we could choose from and play around with. The pvp in ashran is horrid doesn't make any since why you made it in the first place. I think you should go back to Making something more like tol barad or wintergrasp. I will miss you blizzard! But its time to move on /cheersThogan12 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Gun Sound Its back to a thunk rather than bang again...Jacara26 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 draenor tailering I am just wondering if its just me being old and dumb and not understanding something but I just made a back piece for my lock level 640 and found out that it says I can only equip 3 of the items that I can make. So can anyone tell me if I am missing something or why make the books get the recipes only to be able to use 3 out of all of them?Muttley2 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Fix ME Blizz I Pay 15$ a Month Like every one else i want to play my class and not be useless or a pile of !@#$. I also don't want to be denied from pvp events by others because i'm a shamanDanthewizerd23 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 10th anniversery achievements, etc My main is about to hit 100. What achievements (and pets, mounts) are there in molten core and tarren mill vs southshore that I need to get working on before the 10th anniversary event ends? I looked on wowwiki which listed No Escape, No Surrender, Southshore Slayer, and Victory in Hillsbrad as achivs for mill vs shore, but the first two will not even come up in a wowhead search. Did they do away with them?Madalyn2 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Garrisons and Aesthetics I find it beyond depressing how a feature which entirely fascinates me and engages me like nothing in the game before has on one faction can equally be the reason I find myself almost no longer able to play the other. But that isn't so surprising given that I was drawn to play Horde in the first place by the fact that Blood Elves were made a Horde race, despite clashing heavily with its themes and generally being a poor fit overall. When aesthetics matter enough to me that my favorite race is in the faction I find myself with almost no interest in otherwise, it perhaps goes without saying that aesthetics are equally enough reason for something like garrisons to go from awesome to awful between factions, despite that the functionality is all but identical. Were I alone in this, I could perhaps be content to reroll Alliance entirely, despite having eight Horde characters Lv 90 or above, with only three Alliance characters at the same level. However, it is clear to me that this is not the case--that I am not the only one so deeply troubled by the visual disaster that is the Horde Garrison. Indeed, if statistics (found at can believed, a majority of Horde players enjoy the Blood Elven aesthetic enough to have a character of that race. Looking at these statistics, 28.3% of all Horde characters are Blood Elves, which is nearly twice the number of the second most played race, Orcs at 15,8%. This blood elven majority holds true, regardless of whether we look at all characters, characters 90 and above, or even purely Lv 100 characters--and while the gap between Blood Elves and orcs diminishes as we look at higher level ranges, they still remain a majority of Horde characters. Therefore, it would seem more than reasonable to me that in an aspect of the game so heavily integrated into a player's day to day experience as the garrison, the Blood Elven aesthetic would not be so entirely ignored. Not when it so clearly appeals to a majority of Horde players, despite Blood Elves currently being the only race without a new model in game currently. One could attempt to make a similar argument for the Alliance, of course, but that would be folly--while draenei and night elves have an aesthetic which is distinct from that of humans, it is not one which is utterly at odds with the human aesthetic that we find predominant in the Alliance garrison. No, one who enjoys the beauty of draenei and night elven architecture will still generally find Lunarfall to be attractive, even gorgeous. However, as previously stated, the Blood Elven aesthetic is strongly opposed to that of the rest of the Horde, and perhaps most strongly to that of the orcs. A player who enjoys the elegant spires and vivid colors of Silvermoon City is very, very unlikely to find the primitive, unpolished nature of Frostwall at all appealing. Much the opposite, the orcish themes which uncompromisingly dominate the Horde garrison are repugnant to me, and I am all but certain that many other players feel the same way--perhaps not as strongly as I do, although I would be surprised if more than a few did not share the strength of my opinions. I could understand if I had to compromise in this--if the garrison was more carefully tailored as a combination of all the various Horde themes, with parts which were Blood Elven, parts orcish, parts Trollish, and so on. This, however, is not the case at all--no, despite Blood Elves being the most played Horde race by far, despite that the current warchief of the Horde is a troll, not an orc, despite that even the Frostwolf and Iron Horde aesthetics would make more sense, Frostwall is solidly and unquestionably done in the same orcish style I have endured again and again since Northrend. As a base for npcs who I cannot but interact as a Horde player, this is tolerable if not preferable... But in a base which is supposed to be my own? No, Frostwall will never feel remotely like my garrison, my base, my castle, so long as its aesthetic is exclusively orcish. While I might choose the Night Elven style over the human style if given the choice, for Lunarfall, the style it is made in still feels like one I might choose, one which I can enjoy and connect with and which can feel like mine. By contrast, the style of Frostwall is one that I would never choose. No, I would sooner make camp upon a bare glacier than choose to build a base in the orcish style with which I have been presented and told is mine, and that alone destroys the garrison's enjoyment for me. When the primary selling point of garrisons is that they are yours, Frostwall will be a failure to me so long as it is as it is. Of course, I feel no need to deprive orcish players of their own preferences in this. In all honesty I think the natural solution here is, instead of forcing compromises upon anyone, that Blizzard allow both of the predominant Horde aesthetics to be choices for players. Even if this is the only racial option ever offered, which I do not feel it should be, a Blood Elven option for Frostwall is essential when the two predominant Horde races have almost opposite aesthetics. No need for fairness to other races justifies not having it, not remotely--no, there is no way to claim you would have to do all races, or both factions, if you offered any racial choices, not when those who would be unhappy with such a change surely number less than those who need the option for Blood Elven architecture to continue to enjoy playing their Horde characters. Please. Blizzard--you (presumably) gave Blood Elves to the Horde to ensure that it was not completely underplayed. Do not betray those of us you convinced this way to play Horde characters by refusing us something so simple and yet so essential to our enjoyment. Silvermoon already exists, as well as numerous other Blood Elven outposts from the BC era. I would be more than content if you were to simply reuse those graphics to make a Blood Elven option for Frotwall--anything, in truth, would be better than this.Alindrianna26 Dec 31, 2014
Jan 8, 2015 WoW vs Archeage. A friend of mine is trying to get me to leave wow and come to archeage. I just bought WoD so that is annoying but he is a good friend and says it is the best thing ever. Has anyone here played archeage and how does it compare to wow? Is it comparable?Buzak38 Jan 8, 2015
Dec 31, 2014 If we had to do an AU expansion... Blizzard should have gone full Star Trek mirror universe on us and made everything all weird. We help the prophet archimonde and Gul'dan, the first orc priest stop the great Eredar Velen the Destroyer from... destroying stuff. And... the Ogres are pacifists. And.. and... uh. Stuff! I mean they've already done this a little, with the Arrakoa being our buds and Sporelings being an antagonist and Thunderlords being our enemies and all that stuff.Koraki3 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Hobbies besides wow Personally, I like scavenging my local junkyards. I buy beaten up cars that nobody wants for cheap, I do some research on them to figure out common problems with that specific model car, and then I scour junkyards looking for parts. Some times people throw away stuff that's brand new. Some times I wander the junkyards just to get out of the house. Plus I get to dress in my filthy, grease stained work clothes while I swear like a sailor and no one cares because it's the junkyard. Oh how I love my little junk paradise.Rivnik71 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 "Why ethereal's cant be a race" "An ethereal's true form is not likely to be playable as it is elemental rather than humanoid. In their true forms they are an insubstantial beings of pure energy, so lack distinguishing features and cannot wear armor (technical difficulty)." This literally is one of the dumbest excuses ive ever heard. "cannot wear armor because of the bandages" Obviously the bandages would be the races "underwear" so they would wear the bandages under the armor to keep the form. Why does everyone think putting on armor would remove the bandages?Xanthine34 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Positivity. We need more of it on the forums and in game. Here, I'll start thing off with a video to brighten the day: What makes you happy irl or in game? I love doing xmog runs.Goraga8 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Petition for name change of HordeTimber Lord I would like to request that the name Timber Lord (Preferably the title and NPC name but mostly the NPC name) be changed to Lumberzerker to more fit the Horde style. Also to go along with some of their punneryObviöus0 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 I miss... Transmuting.Honêybadgêr27 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 New Mount Idea: Grand Snowy Gryphon Well, this came about in my mind as something I'd pay 100k for instead of a chopper. Since Shieldwall, two gryphons were readded into the game with updated models and they look fantastic. I think it would be great if there was a snowy(white) version of that, just like how there's a Snowy Gryphon you can buy from Dalaran. Would be cool and would roll great with my transmog.Agalladorn3 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Class Change Option Not sure if this is the right place put this post but I was wondering if Blizzard would consider introducing a Class change option as part of the character management for another Character with a different class of the same level. We already have boosters and realm swaps. Not sure if this is a good idea or not but essentially people would pay to swap they're class.Sarpedon0 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Improved Cloak Designs/Models With WoD's recent upgrade with cloak aesthetics I'm really hyped to see this one day: (Lich King's cloak) you do not even know how happy it would make me if cloaks like this were implemented. and i know there's been thousands of requests before mine, but omg the new wod cloak's are really promising imoSanctusar0 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Heroic Leap "You can't use that here," so it says on a clear path. So where can I use it exactly?Sixfootgiant1 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Once Bitten, Twice Shy (25 Player) Would anyone be willing to run this with me on a regular mode? I Just need to kill the Blood Queen while being a vampire, the only trouble trying to solo it is I think it would take longer than two minutes (the time the buff of being a vampire lasts) to kill her solo just because she has so much health. Anyone wanting to can have all of the loot and possibly have a part of this achievement knocked off or even completed.Ishiga10 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Question about Heroic Highmaul loot I'd like to know whether I could do heroic twice within the same lockout, to coin for loot on a specific boss? I know I can only get gear that the boss drops once, but I'd like to know if that also applies to coin rolls.Vezah3 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Gladiator's Coliseum Blizzard, please fix your Gladiator's Sanctum. I was stuck in a final 3 with all of the remaining players being healers. We decided to /roll to see who would win, which I won. The other 2 healers refused to leave or die. I spent 20 minutes standing there before the resto druid left, but the other disc priest wouldn't leave. I asked if he wanted to roll again, but he said "No, I have all day to sit here." Why do stacks go away? Why isn't there something implemented to prevent people from being able to be stuck in a never-ending 1v1? After 35 minutes of the guy trash talking me, I disconnected and ended up dying. If you want this to be a "reward" for a level 3 Gladiator's Sanctum, perhaps something should be done to make it feel rewarding. There is absolutely nothing about the current state of the coliseum that makes it enjoyable.Amateur5 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 The Lion Horn of Stormwind A very old, vanilla trinket, that was removed from the game. Regarded as the "worst trinket" to ever exist. Apparently it is an item sought after by collectors. I recently acquired one through salvage, and am interested in selling. All interested can reply here, or shoot me a message on Drenden server. Thank you.Kigallar3 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Are all WoW end bosses crazy? I mean 10-30 heavily armed mercenaries have just cut their way through your strongest allies and minions like a knife through warm butter. Do you: (a) Retreat (b) Surrender (c) Boast arrogantly how strong you are and invite them to Bring It On. You choose (c) every time of course. Well I guess raids would be disappointing if end bosses weren't all fuhrerbunker crazy.Murdina16 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 And Blizzard goes Anti-American troops My brother recently went ( a terrorist zone) leaving his family and friends behind ( to include his 1 year old) for Christmas and the New Year as part of his duties require as a member of the armed forces. As a gift I allowed him to purchase WOD and my Sister sent him a 60 day time card. So blizzard decides to cancel his account and send him a email that say " We are investigating your login and you should be able to play within a few months. Of course his wife needs to login so she can add time to his account. But hey I am sure a multi billion dollar company has trouble watching logins, because that is by far the worst thing for security. But good news I have an interview coming up Blizzard now has a new problem.Juhnthal36 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 In Memoriam.... It has been a couple months since my good friend Todd has passed away. He was a healthy, responsible, and professional man that had some really bad luck in his final months. You see, Todd needed a heart transplant, his heart was only pumping 20-25% of his blood. After a month of being wrought through the bureaucratic red tape of organ donation, he was finally approved to go on a waiting list. In the meantime he was given a ICD (implantable cardioverter-defibrillator), basically a mechanical heart assist. Unfortunately, it failed before he could receive a heart :( I thought I would share with you all how I got to befriend Todd, or as a small handful of us knew him simply as - "Salty" Tuvia. We all have our own escapes from the mundane monotony of the everyday, Todd was no exception to this. For a period of time prior to opening his business, he stood side by side with greatest of heroes in the world of Azeroth. Being a stealthy Rogue, it was sometimes hard to know if he was really in the same room or not, but his actions said otherwise. He had slayed numerous dragons, wyrms, monstrosities, and even Arthas - The Lich King.....twice, pre-Cata nerf. He was a soft spoken individual, putting in his two-cents when required and having his advice heeded. He was a patient individual, always waiting for that right moment to strike with both daggers. He was a disciplined individual, always knowing when NOT to stand in poisonous gas clouds or raging inferno's. It was this demeanour that drew me to him initially. I had only been in the guild "Project Lore" for a short time until I had heard this voice over the headset. It was a soft, slightly raspy, yet calming and clear voice. Being Canadian, I could sense a slight accent, and my first words to him were, "I could listen to you lead a Raid any day and not get annoyed, you should be our Raid Leader!" To which his response was, "Pfft, I I manage enough people in real life, I don't need to here." (If only he knew what was to come in the months ahead!) Being in my late 20's at the time, he was the only one in the guild I could relate to, a large majority of our guildies were much younger than us. We quickly found commonalities between us, especially with how we played the game. We never took it seriously to the point where it was drastically affecting our personal lives, I admired him for that. It wasn't long until we were running dungeons together, slaying mystical creatures and revelling in our successes. It may be hard to accept, but we all wear masks, some more than others. It is these masks that define who we are. I'm sure many know of this mask he wore, and other's maybe not so much, but this was not a mask to hide behind but rather a mask to empower oneself. Empower himself he did. Everytime I see a Rogue in similar gear as Todd, I stop and remember my favourite "Salty" rogue. *Cast line* *Slowly reel in* Rinse and repeat. This was the Todd/Tuvia that I grew to know, admire, and remember. May you rest in peace in The Emerald Dream. Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Hey, did Blizz ninja nerfed DE? Few weeks ago i always get 9 to 11 dusts per DE. Now i just got 2 to 3 dusts in a row with over 10 equipments.Spiderbo3 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Garrison Monument i want to be able to put a likeness of my troll self thereIrrational2 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Armor/Weapons this Expansion I must say Blizzard done a good job designing the Armor & Weapons this expansion, Both PvE And PvP, to the point I don't even want to transmog it. Which I will probably end up doing because I don't want to look the same as everyone else, does anyone else agree?Nerris0 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Why did tauren male get the female run? I don't understand why blizzard did this. The tauren male used to be distinct, but now it shares the female version? Was this intended? Did they really need to homogenize the run animations too? Everything is becoming pruned, even the animations.Kwah7 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 What do you do other than play WoW? Iv been playing on and off with friends since BC and since Im not in my teens anymore, I find it hard to spend several hours to keep up with gear and find time to play with different time zones/ work schedules my friends and I have. My interest for this game has been slowly declining but Iv always spend my free time playing. So my question is what do you do as a hobby?Rollingballz0 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Ok this is getting absurd What in the actual [removed] blizzard?Nymuz20 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Wanting to Transfer my Horde Main Hello everyone, just been searching around and not getting any real answers about what I'm looking for server wise. But what I'm really hoping for is to find the best Horde server "community" wise. Concerning nice kind people who love to hang and do things together. Also would love it if it had decent PvP team with an even Alliance and HORDE ratio.... I know it sounds a bit much but I'm sure there's something out there along those lines, just not perfect match.... PvE is whatever since all it takes is good friends to form a good raid team in my opinion..... Thanks!!!Saurok2 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Which class to choose? Hi just came back to the game and I'm stumped. you see I've been playing for years and I've collected quite a number of classes. I have absolutely no idea which one to choose to be my ninety. I got the collectors edition for christmas which brought me back to the game and I currently have hunter, rogue, druid, paladin, monk, warlock of significant level to not worry about using the instalevel90 on any of them. So that leaves me very few options. Could someone help me figure out which would be the most fun for me to play? I like the occasional healer but I have three right now, druid, paladin, and monk. I like ranged not melee, the monk was a bit different so I kept it because there was an instakill option (quite a bit better than the hunter's kill shot I might add hmm), and rogues have tons of options for dodging/escaping so that made it easier on me. I enjoy pet classes always have so anything with heavy pet use would be good, and I enjoy ranged the most, casters are fun but I'm not too sure I'd like a Spriest, or Mage (mage especially considering it's like having an easy button from staples with all of the attention that class gets.) So could someone tell me how fun the classes I haven't tried are in WoD so I can pick the one that best fits my playstyle and has lots of fun options? Thanks!Grumlins2 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Remember Group loot selection I wanted to get the ball rolling on something. I have grouped with a few friends and in some cases we will do a few dungeons in one sitting. We all agree and enjoy the option for 'Personal Loot' as its fair, and has a better chance for good loot drops for your char. Anyway, when we enter the first dungeon, we will set our Group Loot to Personal, and be on our way. When we enter another dungeon, its reset. Its back to whatever the default is. So I have two suggestions. 1) As leader, and whenever leader, it is remembered by the UI what their preference for Group Loot is. Until changed. Unfortunately this isn't the best idea, since if some people leave the group, and a new leader is chosen and they have a different Group Loot option. A work around this could be that when the Group is made, each player has their Group Loot set to that option as well, so if the Leader has to leave but the majority of the group remains, that Loot choice remains. 2) When a group is made, and Group Loot option is set, have it remain until the group is disbanded. If multiple dungeons are run, there is then no need to 'remember' to change it each time. It is ALWAYS forgotten by our guild leader. Its an inconvenience at most, sure... but it would sure be nice to just set it and forget it until we decide otherwise. Again, the same issue as above with the leader leaving but the portion of the group remains. Perhaps a short notification about the loot changing with the new leader needing to address it, or again just have each players group loot option become what the original leader chose. If a player leaves the group, their loot option would go back to default. Thoughts? Feelings? Run in to something like this before? I would personally be okay if it was always set on Personal myself.. but I'm sure some guilds do things a certain way, or have fun with rolling the options that come up. So I won't advocate that.Liquidspider0 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 No matter how BAD WoW gets... I just don't think I could ever bring myself to permanently quit the game. They could turn this game into RuneScape after EoC was launched, and I don't think I'd quit. I've invested too much time to just back away... Right now, I'm so bored in this game because of the huge lack of content. I find myself just running around my Garrison for 6+ hours a day, and only leaving for the Garrison Campaigns. Unfortunately, because of a new job I got, I had to drop out of my guild raid group because my new hours no longer allows me to play when they are playing. I don't do much. They could introduce pure Pay to Win features into the game. I'll just be like: "Well.. This sucks..." They could introduce F2P WoW. I'll just be like "mmm... Don't agree with these changes... This sucks" They could remove all types of mounts in the game. I'll be like "WTF... Come on! This sucks..." They could make it so you can pay IRL cash for gear. I'll be like "... welp... This REALLY sucks" But no matter how much stuff I "dont" do, or how bad they just ruin the game, I just dont think I could ever bring myself to quit. How about you guys? Same way?Chenger34 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 The Garrisons So far, this mission in Draenor has been pretty straightforward... But there's something that's boggling my mind; the garrisons: Horde Garrison This place looks quite badass and like you'd expect a make-shift operation to be. Most importantly, it actually looks like it belongs there. It doesn't look like an out-of-place settlement that would attract attackers, and it doesn't deface the landscape either. Mix this in with the awesome landscape and you have a very epic yet rustic creation. Alliance Garrison It's just awful, and it literally makes no sense it all. Fountains and gardens? What are we? Prissy little high elves? We have a bunch of competent Draenei architects not too far down the road who could have built us a base of operations that actually didn't stick out like a sore thumb with a big "ATTACK ME AND PLUNDER ME SIGN" flashing on it. I mean, it's like we're living in a giant My Little Pony playset. Do you know what happens to those little technicolor equines when they get too close to the #SAVAGE and MANLY stuff? It goes up like a goblin's birthday cake! I mean, what idiot builds a big magical castle in the middle of a warzone? Doesn't the Alliance know what "blending in" means? This why nobody attacks the Horde Garrison or even realizes it's there; they think it's just another Frostwolf camp and thus leave it alone. But the moment they see our over-inflated castle, they instantly go try to burn it down! Not only that; it's ungodly alien to these people too. Those Draenei who come in complain about how cramped and cold the barracks are, and my arrakoa friends wonder how I can even stay sane without enough windows in the buildings! Seriously Alliance, WTF? Why couldn't we build something akin to a Draenei town like how the Horde built something akin to an Orc camp? No wonder why you Hordies can win you wars so easily... You don't make yourselves obvious!Althamacnar31 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Raid and Battleground Settings (Ashran) So... i was wondering if that new option where i can choose different settings for raids and bgs works in ashran..... It seems it does not work.... If thats the case, that would be my suggestion.... make it work in ashran as well, since its one of the situations you usually want to low your graphics (at least in my realm, where ashran is constantly full with horde and alliance...) OBS: Does someone know whats the Ashran capacity ? I ve been told its 100x100, but would like to confirm.Hysën3 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Ok Blizz, the joke isn't funny anymore..... you can bring back reforging now. You had your little experiment and had a good laugh at our expense. It's not funny anymore. Especially when you give us crap stats on gear. According to some sources, versatility is tied for third with crit as mages most important stat( intellect-first, multistrike-second). My versatility right now is a measly 2% and some change. WOW. What a difference. I'm blowing stuff up with 2% increased damage. Five percent increase anything barely tickles bosses. I don't know about most classes, but I've played this mage since BC and this is the first time I've just raised my hands and scratched my head in confusion. I LOVE being the last on dps now, it's awesome not cracking 17k with a 645 ilvl. My guild won't even let me do heroics. I love that pally's and hunters are getting the dps love this xpac. But, holy hell, mages notes on buff changes or something must of got written on a napkin and accidentally thrown away. So my point is, you give us a drug/tool, we grow dependent on it and you yank it away? Idk about most, but if anyone needs reforge back it's mages. I'm mainly frost and my haste barely cracks 10% and my mastery is my highest stat. Are you trying to tell me to go arcane, b/c with the movement heavy fights, I'm not doing it. I would never pick armor with mastery on it if I had that choice. I would reforge out for more haste. But, nope, I get crap stats with mastery and versatility for frost. For years frost has needed haste more than any stat. Now you change things up and we suck so much people don't want us anymore. Two+ second casts are awesome when others get 4 hits in by that time. Now I realize I need to enchant my stuff chuck-full of multistrike, apparently. But, don't even get me started on the profession side of this game. Savage Blood anyone, x15? No? Ok, i'll wait 4 weeks to get enough to enhance my stuff. Or fork over 15K+ for 10-15 point upgrade. Oh, not enough mats to enchant all your gear? Well, play a ton of alts and just send the non soulbound items to that toon to disenchant. Why is there Jewelcrafting anymore? Anyway, I digress. TLDR: Bring back reforging. Don't give the baby pacifier to make it happy and than yank it out just to have the pleasure of hearing it scream. I need to change my stats man so I can compete. No one likes a mage anymore:( Make me happy once again, please? no? oh well...Xaphyre131 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Swapblaster + Aspect of the Fox Fun Enjoy the Little infomercial we made up. TL:DR Well pretty much the point of this glitch is to use Aspect of the Fox, Then the engineer item Swapblaster and while you're moving trade places with somebody in the air. So then they fall to their deaths.Logicx14 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 5fps == Time to upgrade. Need advice. A friend of mine has a dell pc from 8 years ago.... I just got him into WoW and now I'm trying to make him buy a better machine. He can barely run around with all the graphical properties set to their lowest settings. He decided he is willing to upgrade after seeing my pc run the game on ultra. However, here's the catch, I need to find him a machine (tower-he has a monitor) that will play the game on a decent setting with at least 35-40fps. And all for under $400 because that is all he is willing to spend having just spent a ton on Christmas for his family. Any advice or opinions on what is a good buy currently would be greatly appreciated. I don't know enough about computers to help him find something acceptable for under 400 bucks. Thanks in advance you computer geniuses. :)Valkÿrie10 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Gating epic PvP weapons What's the point of this anymore when it's no longer a case of getting half your pvp power on weapon since pvp power has been removed? Ya, it's a dps upgrade and weapon damage counts too, but it's not an absurd increase in power (especially above a 675 in pvp) to warrant weeks worth of gating.Nefaria6 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Transmog Help Working on building the Siegebreaker set from 25man Ulduar for transmog on my paladin, wondering if anyone had any ideas for a 1h sword/mace and shield that goes well with it? Thanks in advance for any assistance!Arkavien2 Dec 31, 2014
Dec 31, 2014 Poundfist camping... Would it at all be possible to implement something in the game to track when this mob has been killed? Something as simple as his dead body remaining until after a weekly server reset. That was people don't waste countless hours of time waiting for this mob to spawn when it has potentially already been killed. Feedback?Tsumugiya16 Dec 31, 2014